Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas, terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. Why did everybody? What's bragging? And welcome? It is the one and only Petros and Money Show on AM five seventy l as Arts. You're home of the Dodgers on early on this beautiful day, as the sun is shining, there's a nip in the air, a little bit of wind for sure. The weather is cool, just like the azul Now we are on early because we have the clippers today, which without a doubt is the one and only thing that you're interested in as the night unfolds, certainly not a college football playoff game, which was very exciting last night that we were witnessed to in Cerritos with our friends. But before any of that, let's just say we're hopeful.
Speaker 3: That music at noon. Hopeful music at noon.
Speaker 4: Hopeful that you be with us for the next two and a half hours leading into Adam Oslin with Clipper pregame your sponsorship here.
Speaker 5: I just saw Adam in the hallway. I say, man, you're here early. It's a big game.
Speaker 4: I bet he's got a real bone digity right.
Speaker 5: Big game in Brooklyn here early.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Clippers playing better, So that's something to look forward. We can all look forward to them. We are hopeful that you'll be with us and joining us on your Southern California Toyota Dealer celebrity guest host Microphone is Burbank's finest the host of Scam, which is a distant memory now.
Speaker 5: And wait a second, I'm a finalist for Talk Show Host of the Year by the Southern California Sports Broadcasters and the Big Award luncheon next Tuesday at Lakeside Country Club. It's not a thing in the past.
Speaker 4: Apparently there's not even a place for me at that table.
Speaker 5: That's that's not true. That is a boldfaced lie who told you that.
Speaker 4: We see yesterday he was asking me if I was gonna get my own table or if I had a place to sit for free.
Speaker 5: We do have free seats, yes, me, you and Matt and David. If I say, the four finalists for Talk Show Hosts of the Year, all right, well there, should we just sit at our own table? Or do you want to sit with the five seventy.
Speaker 4: I was trying to introduce you. Okay, okay, sorry, no, now you screwed it up.
Speaker 5: Well, Vassay's threatening to go sit at the TV table.
Speaker 4: Well, of course he is. That Where would you sit with us? Put your freaks and weirdos and Matt telling you that he knows everything?
Speaker 5: Well, you put it that way? Does look a little bit better?
Speaker 4: Mat and all his charger gear?
Speaker 5: Did you really have to wear the sweatsuit?
Speaker 6: Matt?
Speaker 5: Oh, you're the voice of the ball. It's okay, Dog George.
Speaker 4: Chargers, Dog George Chargers, Dogorgers, No dide I kid stop stop all right. Tim Kates, the host of Scam up for Talk Show host of the Year. Even though he'll worked for a month. You should be part of the Dodger Talk talk show of the Host of the Year.
Speaker 5: Well, when Dave wins, we all know bass is gonna win the award next year. Today, I'm sorry, I am gonna go up there for a quarter of a speech and be like, hey, this is my part.
Speaker 4: Yeah give me because Dave talked for two minutes, so I'm gonna talk for thirty seconds. Uh So. Anyway, Tim is here at Tim Kates on Twitter, happy to be here, Petrols thanks also our executive producer. He rarely leaves. He gets so much done for somebody that almost never leaves the city of Burbank.
Speaker 5: Wyley Burbank. When they got everything here, you really.
Speaker 4: Do get a lot done for a guy that never actually leaves the town.
Speaker 5: You got a river that runs through the city, the La River. I can go there if I need.
Speaker 4: You're right, if they get water or wash your clothes, bovertize yourself police. Yeah, really have it all. Doctor Burbank thought of everything. So a big thank you to Tim Kats for filling in. Matt is obviously on his way to Foxborough. Maybe they're gonna stay in the city. Maybe they're gonna stay in Providence. I don't know, but either way, Matt will be out there. You can see him on Instagram doing stuff for his day and a half off while he is on the East Coast having the time of his life. He is playoff Chargers. Matt really does have the time of his life.
Speaker 5: Is that why he was in like maybe a little super serious mode yesterday?
Speaker 4: You find him? I didn't get any texts or about that.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know, maybe I'm just find.
Speaker 4: Him to be super serious. I mean, you weren't out there in Cerritos with us. You don't know what it was like.
Speaker 5: I didn't get to see him, You're right, but I was listening to his voice, so my ears were perceiving him as maybe a little bit more serious than he was.
Speaker 4: Maybe like because the Hortiz was on, you know, the GM of the Chargers and that serious Bolt talk time. Maybe it was that. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I mean, you know, coach Harbaugh tells his guys he's lock it in. Let's get ready for the playoffs. It's a new season, and for Matt and DJ and Shannon it's a new season as well. Gotta get locked in. I guess got that broadcast. All right, the last time, let's go.
Speaker 4: Also a Frogman Friday. Frogman Frogmen, Frogmen, frogmen. Life's roughest storms prove the strength of our anchors. On a frog Man Friday, the petrosand money shelled wraps its arms around the sea and it's many wonders prog man from men from coast to coast, but specifically here in southern California. Our friends in the Navy, Coast Guard, the Port Authority, Harbord Patrol, Lifeguards, first responders. We respect them all. We respect the sea for it can't kill you, and we respect the great Mike Nelson layed by Lloyd Bridges.
Speaker 3: And see how don't mat Mike?
Speaker 6: Is where you found of manganese?
Speaker 5: I think so.
Speaker 4: But gentlemen, the sharks here.
Speaker 7: Oh and I can always tell when I'm getting a little too curious.
Speaker 4: You have been in the water with the sharks before.
Speaker 5: Oh right, like times so far and it's time for on the plane.
Speaker 4: Don on that.
Speaker 2: We gotta get that stuff to Florida. Do you know what that's like? These days?
Speaker 5: You've got the freaking Navy everywhere, you got.
Speaker 2: Frogmen, got twos with the satellite tracking stuff. You got the freaking bell two nine assault choppers up the ass. We are losing one out of every nine loads.
Speaker 5: No duck walk anywhere can tell.
Speaker 2: You forget about money. What do you suggest that it is reasonable?
Speaker 4: Seela, thank you everybody. We are happy to be here together before the Clippers start, and we're promoting the charter game on Sunday on KFI. Why aren't we have another event coming up? It's two weeks from yesterday, right, the twenty second Irvine bjys. We can promote that, yeah.
Speaker 5: Final one of the bjay's campaign.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so why not write down okay whatever, it doesn't matter that it's not in the rundown. I'll just be able to promote it with my dry mind.
Speaker 5: There's so much between now and then. Petros I felt like we should concentrate on what's right in front of us, like NFL wild Card weekend, like Clippers basketball, like right here, right now, as a song from what band is that again? Jesus Joe, Jesus Jones. Thank you very much. Let's concentrate on football. Yeah, and on Monday we'll circle back to BJ's restaurants.
Speaker 4: All right, fine, But I do want to say, speaking of circling back, that We did have a fabulous time yesterday at the BJS in Cerritos. It was four hours of a sports talk radio show, great sports talk in front of a live audience at a bar. And I thought, given all of that that it was a fabulous, fabulous overall event.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought you guys handled it well. You carried the show for four hours, Petros beautifully.
Speaker 4: What do you I mean? Matt was serious, but he was there. I didn't think he was that serious. You know, it wasn't like he was that he was giving away prizes during the breaks. You know, he's wrapped up in the giveaways.
Speaker 5: Did you guys empty the chamber? So to speak? Was all that stuff gone that you took down to BJ?
Speaker 4: Everything is gone?
Speaker 8: Wow?
Speaker 4: And hopefully the proclamation came back.
Speaker 5: Whoa, it's not on the wall, so it's back.
Speaker 4: It has to be back. It's probably in Dave Weese's office.
Speaker 5: I'll dig around during the break, but I do not see it in front of the IR machine made it back, all right, But I don't see no proclamation.
Speaker 4: That is problematic.
Speaker 5: By the way, the Mary yesterday really came strong, I mean, and was fantastic.
Speaker 4: Frank Yoka yama A dear friend of the show and a fabulous person who loves our show. A lot of people showed up, which is really nice, and a lot of people hung in there and drank for four hours, which is almost like a Filipino DJ set no Filipino DJ, and I think Matt really enjoys that that no Filipino DJs come and then set up their decks and offer their services.
Speaker 5: When we're in Serrito, when the door swing open at DJ's restaurant a brew house in Soritos, does Matt look every time hoping that a DJ care in equipment is just walking out.
Speaker 4: He wants it not to happen. He mocks me, He mocks me, like, no one's done it yet, but one of these days, like he knows, because I always say any Filipino DJ's welcome, and he just kind of feeds off the negativity.
Speaker 5: You guys also made sure the football game was on the TV's there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was good. We got the football game on and everybody was enjoying the game. I'm glad that it ended so dramatically and we weren't on the air, because I don't think anybody would have been able to pay attention with the way that football game ended, and we will talk about that football game and college football in general, I believe. In the very next segment.
Speaker 5: Did those PMS art tiles?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 5: Everything went those two wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, everything went. And we had a nice time talking to James Worthy and Joe Ortiz. And the show is up on the on the podcas cast right yep. Yeah, So at the iHeartRadio app you can podcast the entire show and enjoy it with your friends and family live from Bjays and Cerritos. And we switched to a wider yet also Asian audience to Irvine at California. In the very next show, BJ's Restaurant in brew House January twenty second, and that will be our last Bjays of the year.
Speaker 5: I liked how Frank took a shot at other remotes.
Speaker 4: He took a shot at these Downy this year because it was at one o'clock show. That's true, Downey was. There were people there, but it was our most sparsely populated. It would have been a great day for Roman and Rodney. Let's put it like that, no doubt, but it would have been.
Speaker 5: He stepped to West Colvina, did he thereun.
Speaker 4: He would have ever said anything about freaking Tony Tony Woo.
Speaker 5: Do not talk about Tony Woo that way in West Covina.
Speaker 4: Right, And I might have to start watching some Irvine City council meetings to get myself lathered up for the Irvine mayor when and if he shows up in a little bit less than two weeks in Irvine, and that, ladies and gentlemen, will be our last event of the year before like the Charger's Draft or something like opening days spring Dodgers stuff. Yeah, wait a minute, we're not going to spring training.
Speaker 5: No, No, there's no Petro some money spring training trip, which really disappoints me. Now that I've got kids who actually live and go to school in Phoenix, Arizona, I would enjoy a free travel trip to go see them and spring training for a week like we used to do, and then cut down to three days. Well, I cut down to nothing.
Speaker 4: I'd become a very nervous and reclusive person, and I do not.
Speaker 5: But it's a fun trip. We survived to Haboob. We buy Powerball tickets because it's always really big. While we're out there in February, we have a good time. Things happen we're out there like.
Speaker 4: Oh, speaking of that, I did want to ask you about this, And thank you to Frank Yoka Yama, and thank you to everybody the staff at BJAYS, everybody in Ciritos for making Ciritos a special place for us to visit and do our show, because it's always great to be around listeners and to hear their stories. Even if one of them loses a bunch of toes from diabetes, we still appreciate those people. And that was Corey from Cuttahy who lost his toes to diabetes. So God bless you all and thank you. I did want to ask you about this, Tim, because you did take your adult daughters to a hockey game the other night. Now, I know we don't have the Kings on the station, and I certainly don't want to start the show talking about whether or not Quinton Byfield should be traded, but I did think them. Yeah, there was a whole Rogan and run if you want to podcast their show. There was a whole segment about it earlier in the week about the Kings and trade talk for hockey. Early in the week here in Janu let's start the year off strong and talk about a King's trade in the first segment of the show. No, but you did go to the King's game and you said you found something that was happening that was interesting. We didn't say we were going to talk about this on the air. Okay, but your daughters are they like different athletes and find them to be dreamy.
Speaker 5: F one drivers mostly, you know, like.
Speaker 4: The girls used to like Chandler Parsons back in the day, kind of thing. You know, an NBA heart throb. They like a couple of the F one drivers, you know, as effeminate as they are, those guys have no problem. Those guys have no problem garnering female attention globally. And apparently that's happening with the San Jose Sharks. Yeah.
Speaker 5: The San Jose Sharks have sucked for a long time. And by sucking so bad, they have drafted really high in the draft the last few years. And they've got two really young stars, Will Smith, not the Dodger catcher, another Will Smith.
Speaker 4: There's a hockey player, hockey Will Smith.
Speaker 5: And they've got this nineteen year old number seventy one, Macklin Celebrini. He was the number one pick in the draft two years ago. He's a Canadian, went to Boston you first picking the draft. His dad is like the strength and conditioning coach with the Golden State Warriors, so he's got a tie to the Bay Area already. And the Sharks drafted him number one two years ago. And now he's top three in the league in points and goals and scoring and all that right now. And apparently I didn't know this guy. Celebrini, Yeah, Ma Macklin. Celebrini is a fan favorite of Like Girls sixteen to twenty five with.
Speaker 4: What is he? Some kind of Italian American Canadian.
Speaker 5: He's a good looking nineteen year old kid and very good at what he does as a hockey player and on soul media, which is a big thing with the kids. So my soon to be eighteen year old daughter wanted to go to the game. She's now a Sharks fan. She's actually really into hockey, and she loves Will Smith's creek.
Speaker 4: He's not Italian, he's a crow at Ah. Okay, he's a Croatian, all right, we still like Croatian Canadian. Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 5: So we get to the game the other night, and we get there for early skate Petros, which is thirty minutes before the game.
Speaker 4: Starts and they're thinking that you're gonna get celebrated by celebrating. He's seeing his heart throbby face. We want to go down there, maybe sky Will Smith looks like he's in a boy band.
Speaker 5: He's a good looking he's hurt. He didn't play, but we thought, oh cool, I'll get Sadia Puck will be just down there. You know, back in the day, I used to go to skating arounds when I like the Kings in the late nineties, and there was nobody there. And now you get to the Scrypto on Tuesday or one night whatever it was Wednesday night, and these.
Speaker 4: Guys are literally nineteen and twenty years old.
Speaker 5: They are rock stars. There was hundreds of young girls and their parents, which hundreds, I'd say one hundred to one hundred and fifty a round the Shark's end of the ice along the glass. All had jerseys and signs and were yelling and screaming and hitting the glass when the Sharks came on to do their skate around, just to get the tension of Macklin Celebrini. It was insane. He is a boy band and the only equivalent I can put this two petros and I told you this off the air yesterday, Livvy Dunn the gymnast to all the young guys all trying to hide their direction, right, they all love Livy Done. Now she's with Paul Skeins. This is a young professional, nineteen year old hockey player, good looking guy, superstar. He's gonna be on Team Canada for the Olympics, by the way, and all these girls, including my own daughter, are just google goga.
Speaker 4: Did she scream at the top of her lungs at him.
Speaker 5: No, but she got And they even know he's left handed when he shoots, so he's on one side of the ice more than the other. And that side of the glass where the sharks were shooting had more than the side we were on, because as they knew, he'd be over there more and can get closer to him and better chance to get a stick or a puck. As it turns out, when it was all over, Petros, he did give a puck to a group of young Japanese girls who were there, and their signs I couldn't see from the distance, but it said something like we traveled you know, X amount of miles to come see you play, And so he gave them a puck. But I was baffled at this young nineteen year old hockey player.
Speaker 4: Yeah, him and this other guy looked like a couple of surf dudes without at all.
Speaker 5: They're the new thing of the NHL, and all the young girls love him, just like the young boys the last couple of years loved Livy Dunn, the gymnast. Right, it's absolutely crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, I'll accept that hockey talk here on Great Sports Talk as not offensive hockey talk. I think that's something that we can all learn about. It makes us look cool to.
Speaker 5: Be the social media petros. That's what it is. It's the Instagram and the TikTok and these guys engaged. These guys post too.
Speaker 4: Guys save the NHL out of San Jose, California.
Speaker 5: They might, they're pretty good. And like I said, playing for Team Canada is celx me.
Speaker 4: Children don't need saving. You leave me alone, okay, oh boy, leave me alone. I don't want to hear it from anybody. I hate everybody. Anyway, there's your hockey talk for the day now, thank you. I did find that interesting. Who won?
Speaker 5: The San Jose Sharks won in overtime, by the way, Maclin Celebrini scored the tying goal late in the third period. The guy's so freaking good on the ice, and then he had to take away the steal and the assists to win in an overtime for the Sharks. He is really good sports wise. He's like a superstar. And the girls love him for what he does on and off the.
Speaker 4: Ice, all right, I didn't. Ladies love him, girls adore him. Even the ones that never saw him like him. So, I mean, even though we made fun of hockey talk with Rogan and Rodney the other day, I did think, I know, I do. I do think that that was valuable actual because you actually go places and see things. Sometimes you leave Burbank, And because of that, I think it's important that somebody.
Speaker 5: Went somewhere and save the text like oh creepy kay taking around a bunch of girls on a hockey game. Listen, I was there with a lot of other parents, because he knows.
Speaker 4: Everybody knows. You're with your daughter. Really, you don't have to defend yourself and get all weird. You're the one getting weird, all right. So we'll be back where they're like Cody Bellinger mom.
Speaker 5: Types, Jennifer Bellinger not quite not quite like jin but very excited to have their daughters there.
Speaker 4: She's one of a kind.
Speaker 5: Wouldn't it be something of Cody Bellinger re signs with the Dodgers. Oh, reunion with Jen Bellinger, the realtor Jen Bellinger back in LA.
Speaker 4: That would be That would be great.
Speaker 5: We'd have to get her on the show more regularly.
Speaker 4: I'd go to spring training party with her at Mastro's Ocean Club. I know him. I party all right, Thank you everybody. It's a Frogman Friday. Frog Man. We are on early and we're off early, but you can ride with the new right now and podcast the show on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone.
Speaker 3: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you.
Speaker 1: Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto.
Speaker 5: Petro some money show on this Frogman Friday. Tim Katson in for Matt money Smith as he travels to the Northeast with the Chargers Sunday night matchup wild Card Weekend against the Patriots. Petro spapadekas here until three o'clock, make that three thirty today three thirty and Clippers pre game with Adam Ouslin. Clippers in Brooklyn on the East Coast swing taking on the nets. That game will tip it for thirty again. We'll have Wildcard games on a eleven fifty tomorrow afternoon, the Charger game and five o'clock on KFI. Good news, Petros. Yeah, proclamation from the city of Serrinos. Oh okay has been found. Where was it? It was in the bullpen, hidden on the side of a chair, along with these Steve sacks eight x ten.
Speaker 4: That's for you for your ceiling.
Speaker 5: I like it a lot.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll do the We'll call this the flip top story of the day. I get, I'll clip you out, I will look you out.
Speaker 3: This is the flip top story of the day.
Speaker 4: It was fun watching the game last night with the people and then caught up with the rest of it after I got home. And the one thing I really found interesting watching the Miami Old Miss game in Glendale, other than everybody was always slipping and sliding down whenever they've rolled that turf out. Do people slip on that thing in the NFL?
Speaker 5: Not that I'm aware of, But I don't watch a lot of Cardinals games.
Speaker 4: So okay, Well, I thought like Michael Irvin wasn't there, Like he went to rehab or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, didn't see him during the broadcast, or.
Speaker 4: They pulled his credential or something like that. And it's funny because after milking him like a cow, like a gigantic cow, chocolate milk cow, in the first two playoff games and all season long, if they had a Miami game and he was there cutting away to him after every play, they carefully kept him out of the coverage. Last night, they didn't show him at all. If they showed him, I didn't see it. I didn't watch the whole thing on TV.
Speaker 5: At the end. He was there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well, if you go on social media, he was at the game, and he had somebody shooting him the entire game on social media and posting him kissing the players and jumping all around and chest bump doing everything that he normally does. He was doing on social media all game, law on the sideline. He was all over it, suited and booted and acting like himself. But they must have made some kind of concerted decision together at ESPN to not air any Michael Irvin for whatever reason.
Speaker 5: He wasn't even one of the captains. They had two other former players, and then you had Eli Manny and the player for Ole Missus on a rage.
Speaker 4: Well, they milked him like a cow all playoffs and all season long, only to not grab his teat and leave him unmilked for this game. So you wonder what's going to end up happening in the championship game. They might just have a whole channel, like put a whole channel dedicated to him on ESPN U or something like that.
Speaker 5: That would be cool.
Speaker 4: By the way, I'd watch the Michael Irvin camp before I watched the McAfee thing or a lot of other things, or the Manning cast or anything like that.
Speaker 5: Low let him say whatever he wants. I don't care about that.
Speaker 4: Col Kane cam.
Speaker 5: And that game, by the way, is in Miami at hard Rock Stadium, right.
Speaker 4: So it's gonna be like Tony Montana is gonna be there. I mean, it's gonna be absolute crazy. So that'll be cool. And I'm sad that old Missus story is over because I liked having it stuck to Kiffin. But also it's great that the SEC is not in for the third straight year and everybody's making fun of the SEC on Twitter and destroying Paul fine Bomb and calling him an idiot. All that is really fun. But by playing three college football playoff games, it did show that Old Miss had a pretty well built team and Lane Kiffin did a really good job at assembling this roster, even though he would have been really, really really jealous had Old Miss pulled out that game in the end. But it also showed that Old Miss didn't miss Lane Kiffin if he wasn't on the sideline calling plays and coaching them, which is also pretty interesting. And I thought the Rebels overall played well enough to win the game, and what can you say, you play well enough to win the game. It was a great college football game. Miami's definitely the more physical team because they have the physical, insane offensive line head coach, and that's Mario Christobal, who was absolutely They should have had a camera on him the whole game too, because he was losing his mind. He must have stole Michael Irvans cochame.
Speaker 5: How cool was it though, to see Trinidad Chambliss's story. The guy who comes from a D two school was not the starter. He was not the harolded guy who came and was handed the job that was supposed to be Austin Simmons's job at Old Miss and Trinidad Chamblers took over early in the season and really came out of nowhere and turned out to be a great story for.
Speaker 4: Dallage for I mean, but it's not it is a great story. I think about the cam Ward story, a guy that didn't have any offers, played an Incarnate Word and then at Washington State, then at Miami and became the number one pick in the NFL Draft. I mean, that was a guy who broke records at a lower level and ended up climbing up and proving it at every single level. That's a pretty that's a pretty impactful deal Shador Sanders in a way, you know, playing at Jackson State and then becoming a pick and starting ANFL game. So it is a great story, not necessarily new as a quarterback at a lower level now can very well translate to a higher level depending on circumstance. And football has so much to do with circumstance. Remember a guy had to get injured for Chamberliss to get in there. Now that guy's transferring out and Chamberiss he got denied, right, Yes, is he going to appeal?
Speaker 5: The school is going to try to appeal, but it doesn't look like he'll get that sixth And you.
Speaker 4: Hit the denied button. It's right there, denied. So I could be like, Hi, I'm Trinidad Chambliss denied. I wanted Farris state, I'm the darling of the NCAA.
Speaker 2: Denight.
Speaker 5: Oh by the way, did you happen to catch the end of the broadcast last night? I don't know if you had HI mute it or not because of Kirk Herbstreet. But he took the opportunity.
Speaker 4: I watch, I watch on mute.
Speaker 5: Okay, he took the opportunity last night.
Speaker 4: I saw his rant.
Speaker 5: Yeah, here is his rant last night, and he put it on his Twitter as well. Just so if you weren't watching last night, a thrilling semi final college football game that was really entertaining for anybody watching. If you didn't see his comments after the game or see him on Twitter, listen to Kirk Herbstreet of ESPN last night, get on his soapbox.
Speaker 9: If you're a coach watching this or a GM watching this, well, you're chasing five stars and agents street agents and everything you're dealing with, you better build a team, Indiana.
Speaker 4: They don't have a lot.
Speaker 5: Of five stars.
Speaker 3: You know what they got, They got a team.
Speaker 5: This is still a team sport and it's about winning games.
Speaker 9: You just did you hear Miami when they got up on Jakobe Thomas he almost said tears And now I was talking about I'm gonna play for my guys. Like, if you don't build that and you just chase five stars, you're never gonna be here on that stage. You better stop chasing just this craziness and you better step back and say, if those are your demands, get out of here. We're gonna go find guys that want to be a part of this and want to play, because that's what's getting here.
Speaker 5: I applaud in Petros. I know he's not liked at all times, but I think there was a right opportunity.
Speaker 4: Right after he said that he French kissed his dog.
Speaker 5: What I missed that? But I thought it was a good point.
Speaker 4: But I thought and when I when I heard that, and I thought it was a good point. And it's obvious and you could say that you could say that even before the nil times. That's a message that is resounding throughout the annals of football and other sports. But I watching Chrystaball in that game, knowing that he understands Miami football, the connection to the community in Miami, and understands basically everything going on around him as a Miami Hurricane, and through that spectrum, it made me think about Lincoln Riley and just how detached he is from the USC fan base and the USC tradition and whatever Trojan identity there is. On top of building a team, you should also have a coach who gets and understands the programs, culture and historical identity like Chrystaball does for Miami. That's kind of what I thought after hearing that. But yes, despite French kissing his dog immediately after he hit send on that tweet, I agree with Herbstreet's message. And I think even though Miami was clearly the more physical team in that game and they ended up winning, I think a lot of the reason is because of that, they were also physical Ole miss and everybody throughout this whole playoff. As that was my message a while back. Has been extremely physical and extremely tough against the run and pass rushing and running the ball and doing all the things that you need to do fundamentally to compete at a really really high level with good players, and how far USC is away from that is amazing when you watch these playoff teams. To me, and Miami clearly has a very tough and very strong and willful identity. One thing is Carson Back, who's a pretty weird looking guy. Right. How about this going into the National Championship Games. Two guys from his same high school class, Bryce Young and c J. Stroud are starting playoff games this weekend in their third year in the NFL, and Carson Back is like one hundred years old leading Miami up and down the field against a guy who's already won a championship at Farris State. So interesting stuff last night, and it should be a lot of fun tonight. Although we are not looking forward to tonight. We're looking forward to the Oregon Indiana for us. Yes, it's Clippers.
Speaker 5: Brooklyn without a doubt. I cannot wait to see who Brooklyn puts out there on the court today against the Clippers.
Speaker 4: I just got a text and said, get off your soapbox. Did I sound preachy? No?
Speaker 5: Not at all.
Speaker 4: I mean, dude, F you am? I not like? Do you listen to these guys and how self important they are when they talk about football. I'm not that bad f you, buddy, You get off your soapbox.
Speaker 5: I thought you said it very nicely. I thought you you tied in usc and how they're not on this stage, and how they don't have the same things a lot of these teams in the playoffs do have, and things that Kirk Kurbstreet talked about, the team aspect, which goes back to head coaching. Kurt Signetti creates that culture. Mario Christobal certainly very easily can let the inmates run the asylum down there in Miami. He is clearly not well.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, just because they called a Catholic versus convict was just.
Speaker 5: An an Now, it's just a phrase, Petros said players here, but I am. I think out of all this you just talked about, Petros, I think the cocaine cam for Michael irvit is something we really need to get out there. And if the powers that be at ESPN are listening, which they which they are, we know they are, how about a cocaine cam.
Speaker 4: I think it would be great a Michael Irvin cocaine cam. And I fully endorsed the cocaine camp uh tonight. There you could there, you could even say you could double up and have a cocaine cam tonight for Dan Lanning, who's not as yak, but it gets pretty riled up.
Speaker 5: He sweats through that polo real night.
Speaker 4: I mean, you could have cocaine cammed Chrystal ball last night too. Did you seem at the end of the game pitch my cuban blood was boiling. Oh, fighting with Van Pelt.
Speaker 5: No, well that, but at the end of the game, when they were up and ole Miss had some time on the clock left, he's pushing his assistant coaches away from him because they're trying to hug him. Let we went, we won, coach, we.
Speaker 4: Wont They were throwing for the end zone at the last play of the game. By the way, that is p I Petros.
Speaker 5: Can we all agree that's past interferences the last play of the game.
Speaker 4: It's hard to get that call at the last why football's football? Until I know, I know, I'm sorry, Okay, it's hard to get that call. But yeah, he did have a grip on the inside of his shoulder pads.
Speaker 5: Now if that was reverse, now I.
Speaker 4: Was throwing a little far. Its gonna be a hell of a catch.
Speaker 5: If that was reverse and that was Miami trying to get a call, there would Michael Urban be on the field.
Speaker 4: Oh he was on the field. He's right there. There were big grains falling everywhere. Hell of a game though, What about Van Pelt?
Speaker 5: Van Pelt and Mario Christobal got into it on their postgame TV.
Speaker 4: That's because every question Van Pelt asks he leads with, like hey, did you talk to me that one time you talked to me? Or remember the last time I saw you? He always makes it about himself.
Speaker 5: Well, christ of Ball kept give him the same answer, and he didn't like that. He didn't like it one bit. So Scott Van Pelt kind of got stern with him, like listen, you know me all, I'm asking how do you feel about this team right now?
Speaker 4: Oh? God? Like whatever? Who cares? Just the entitlement. It's like these guys are all riled up. They just got a big I mean, I know it's his job to do the interview, but you ask the questions. At what you get, you move on like you're entitled to something. There was one the other day where Jacksonville won a Monday night game and Trevor Lawrence came over to him and like the first question was like, hey, remember the last time I saw you? And Lawrence was like what noes? And then it was just like where do you go from there? Try not to make it about yourself, like nobody cares anyway.
Speaker 5: The SEC network do they just go like black screen or snow until spring ball.
Speaker 4: I think they concentrate on Alabama basketball.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, right, or gymnastics.
Speaker 4: Hockey's really bad. Yeah, like the gymnastics and all those cute chicks flying around, all the young men living like all the like all the young girls go see Celebrini and Will Smith for the San Jose.
Speaker 5: Sharks, Maclin celeb double.
Speaker 4: Barrel hot heart Throbs.
Speaker 5: By the way, somebody tweeted me out of the four oh eight, Kate just said one hundred people were absolutely crazy for two hockey players. Come on, It's like, dude, it was an hour before a game and they were all teenage girls going crazy.
Speaker 4: All right, big grains following, we'll be back with some more talk. They there's a talk show lessons learn Huh you want to do that next?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can do a little lessons learnt Textiles so whatever you want to.
Speaker 4: Do, well, let's do the lessons learn. I'm into that. I'm totally into that.
Speaker 5: Let's roll the dice. You what comes up?
Speaker 4: Huh, Well, who's gonna fire them off?
Speaker 5: I got two hands?
Speaker 4: All right, let's go.
Speaker 5: I got two feet.
Speaker 4: Lessons learning great sports talk in a hell of a week back from vacation. First week at twenty twenty six coming up next.
Speaker 1: Hello, PMS listener. Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 3: There's Rogan and Ronde.
Speaker 1: That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the heart radio wap.
Speaker 4: Hey, everybody, welcome back. It's a frog Man Friday on the Pettersen Money Show on AM five seventy LA Sports. We're happy to be with you. Don McClain is going to join us in the very next hour to help us talk about some basketball. That's his area of expertise.
Speaker 5: I think he was at Oregon again last night. It's been there a couple of times down calling games.
Speaker 4: Thanks Tim, You're welcome, Petros. Tim is in for Matt. Ronnie is playing music and doing his thing. We held it down for four hours live yesterday at the Sorinos Bjays. Thanks to everybody for coming out. The very next event we'll be on the twenty second of this month in Irvine and it'll be our last Bjay's event of the football season. Thank you to everybody who shows up. But we'll have a lot of long shows as the baseball season has not begun yet and the Clippers can only play so many times a week.
Speaker 5: We have run out of stuff in the petrol some money office. Do I need to go around to like Conway's office and upstairs to the to the FMS and start grabbing stuff to give.
Speaker 4: Away just for one more flea market vibe?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, maybe there's really nothing left. Petros, Well, I have.
Speaker 4: Some stuff I could start. I'll start a crusade around here.
Speaker 5: If Ronnie leaves his headphones here, I'm gonna take those.
Speaker 4: Nobody collects more crabs. I've got a broken set of headphones that somebody can have. Yeah, that's probably you know, more and more like electronic trend. Nobody wants broken stuff. Yeah, but there's uh, well except for the broken Joe Davis bable and that's too far. Some things, you know, some things transcend their state of being. So we will see, but I will yeah, I'll dig around here because the grabbing hands, they never stopped grabbing. All right, it is Friday, so and we've it's the first week of the year. So we try to be consistent with this stuff and get with some lessons learn in great supports d Twitter picture.
Speaker 5: I guess he delivered a really sick bus.
Speaker 4: Sense all right, Uh just cam, I guess unless Ronnie. You know, Ronnie's got a nice voice. He could say less than one and then you could do your lesson one. Okay, well, I gotta say it's Nie. I don't know. It's not funny to me. I try to do things right. Lesson one, lesson one. Jim Harbaugh came on on Monday. It's like the rodeo of great sports talk, riding the bull of interviewing. Jim Harbaugh.
Speaker 5: Speaking of PBR, they'll be at the Toyota Center on the sixteenth and seventeenth.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a big time. Everybody loves a PBR in Ontario. It's a lot of fun out there. Here's Jim Harbaugh, who you might be surprised is excited to play on Sunday.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean it's there's there's muscle memory, there there's there's there's experience and uh, and you just you go through the process. Us game camping played till Sunday night. So he tried to use every every hour, every day. You know that every meant to put yourself in the best position to be successful.
Speaker 5: HM fired up for this game on Sunday. I'm hearing that.
Speaker 4: Speaking of fired up, this was actually really cool. Greg am Singer, Uh, the guy from the MLB network. He's really boisterous guy. And I guess he's tall. He's a long legged guitar picking man. And he really was very well what it was like to be there live in front of all those horrified Canadians at the end of the World Series in Toronto. This is pretty good, coach.
Speaker 5: What lesson is this lesson to lesson to.
Speaker 4: Trying to do things right around here? It's good to know. Greg. Here's Greg am Singer on the end of the World Series.
Speaker 10: It was an emotional roller coaster and I got to tell you, guys, I was there. I had never seen anything like it. A group of people celebrating on the mound, right, so happy, Clayton kershar running from the bullpen tiers, so happy. And yet you're hearing them. You can literally hear them word for word as they're talking and giving all these good graces to each other. Because it was silent, fifty thousand people. You can hear children crying. They country. I had never seen anything life. It was an awkward moment. The only thing I could think of. I love living my life through analogies, so forgive me on this. It's like playing in a state championship game, right, but like one team shows up with all their fans and they've got this all American, you know, first team All State quarterback, and they're down by four and he's running down the sideline and there's no time left. He's going to score. Not only you stop him at the one yard line, but they're bringing out a stretcher because they think he broke his neck. So that you're celebrating a state title, you won the state championship, there's an ambulance on the field and everyone's concerned about the health of the quarterback.
Speaker 4: It was that was very descript beautifully described by somebody that was there that saw it all take place. But you know what I think of that, Ernie Clement smiling and sliding with his hand behind his head, acting like a douche. And I say, wear it, Canada, wear it, you bitch, all right?
Speaker 5: Lesson three, lesson three.
Speaker 4: I loved the movie Running Scared for the film No War Corner, and it's Billy Crystal and Gregory Hines and snappy rhetoric, and it's just very exciting. Here they are as cops getting mugged while they have Joe Pants handcuffed to that.
Speaker 5: Give me your money? What you heard me? Give me a money, man, don't you you're mugging us.
Speaker 6: I don't believe this.
Speaker 5: You better believe it.
Speaker 3: Give us some money.
Speaker 7: Oh no, all right, they take this.
Speaker 4: It's full of money.
Speaker 5: No no, no, that's not don't with me, man.
Speaker 2: We want your cash, not your luggage.
Speaker 4: All right, you can take the cash, but we need the wallets.
Speaker 3: We want it all hurry.
Speaker 7: Oh come on, let us keep the driver's licenses and the snapshots.
Speaker 3: And our badges.
Speaker 6: Right, what do you think we all weigh uniforms. We all drive around the cars and say police on them.
Speaker 4: Look see I'm with you.
Speaker 6: You're under arrest. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you do is say it will be used against you. You have the right to an attorney. Can you give me your guns?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: No, you can have the cash, but we got to keep the guns.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 7: I don't want to be responded to a spring into the hands of coffee.
Speaker 6: Shot now, fellows, this is just me talking, But I would rather get shot with one of those fists and twenty two's than with my thirty eighth.
Speaker 7: Now you're already under arrest, don't make it any worse.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna shoot your ass.
Speaker 7: Pointing a gun and a police officer. Can we waste them for that?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that you missed all six shots?
Speaker 5: Were you talking about it?
Speaker 4: Very excited? Running scared? Check it out. It was a great film. To wirk Corner. This week it was lesson four, lesson four Lexi own Quatro. Danny Canell, the ex cornerback and Michael Strahan's worst enemy, came on the show and said he just continues to collect enemies. Now he's fighting with Jackson Dart's dad.
Speaker 11: I am fantastic, Petros. You know you could add another illustrious Twitter interaction with me with Jackson Dart's dad, I had a take on I was working with CBS Sports and they posted a video and he's saying, yeah, I mean I just I said, I'm not sure if he's the future. I still have my doubts, and his dad quote he quote tweeted it. He must have gotten tips from Schador's brother because he told me that he told me to quote bro eat a fat one. A couple of pretty fun interactions on social media here with some family members of NFL quarterbacks. I feel like I'm usually a pretty nice paying guy, but apparently eat.
Speaker 4: A fat one, Danny, I love it. Don't you mess with Jackson Dart try to be a football analyst to answer some of these questions.
Speaker 5: Lesson five, lesson FIVEO.
Speaker 4: I think this is my favorite thing that happened this week is we were on in Siritos. It's the third hour of the show and David Vasse starts going after the town guys. Guys, high school sports is beneath me.
Speaker 10: I don't show up to high school.
Speaker 4: Whoa day?
Speaker 3: Whoa not?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Okay, it didn't go over well, not okay. Ham in ache city of Critos.
Speaker 10: I'm sure, Stig, go, my god.
Speaker 4: The mayor's here, ham an egg, City of Serritos. Can I have that one more time? Guys beneath me, I don't show up to high school? Whoa day?
Speaker 3: Whoa not?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 4: Okay, it didn't go over well, not okay, ham in ache, City of Critos. I'm sure, Stik, go, my god, the mayor's here.
Speaker 5: Let him have it.
Speaker 4: Too much for me. I'm sorry. Thanks for your help with that, Roddie.
Speaker 5: Did the mayor like spin around in his head like, what the mayor's here?
Speaker 4: How dare you? Did you get? Did you reach out to the mayor of Irvine? Not yet? Well, come on, what are you waiting for? Man? We'll be back. We'll have your word number, song of the day. We'll talk to our friend Don McLean's patrickson money on m I seventy l A sports short breaks in January. Will be right back.