Speaker 1: Super that's nice.
Speaker 2: Way to go, Nino Gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the eighteenth day of August twenty twenty six. Good morning, everybody. Welcome to your little Power Trip Morning Show on a Tuesday morning. My name is Chris Hockey. How are you. We got Johnny Bones, Bonds, Beans, Bonds Bones on his way in. We got Marty Gallarney and a cast of thousands, and we've got some comedy coming up momentarily, so let's get right to it. Here's Al Madrigal, The Power Trip Morning Show on a Tuesday morning. Now, come on in. We're gonna make it a great day. And I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: But else I'm doing pretty good on my New Year's resolution. Uh, I picked an easy one, that's what you gotta do. Mine was no Chipotle, Never going to Chipotle again. I don't like it because it's too nice, it's too well lit.
Speaker 2: Everybody knows.
Speaker 4: If you want good Mexican food, it's gotta be a little scary.
Speaker 2: You gotta get a.
Speaker 4: Roach coach far down from Mechanic Shop midnight.
Speaker 2: Let's how you get the good stuff. You gotta walk up, order fast, order scarce.
Speaker 4: Comstas the three out pastor Tacos for four.
Speaker 1: The Overay, Fingers, Slide.
Speaker 2: Sweet and.
Speaker 3: Feet.
Speaker 1: Us on your side.
Speaker 5: You hit the distance.
Speaker 1: Under this line in your strain.
Speaker 6: Power Track Wayan Show, Tuesday, August eighteenth, at twenty twenty sixth story code Chris Hockey. There's Meatsauce, Paul Lambert, Zach Calverson, Bonus will be in with coffee in a second Martie at seven o'clock Kelsey Cook at seven o'clock, Live from New York. And I think she's doing a pretty gigantic media blitz today because I believe last night at midnight for a.
Speaker 2: Special hit Netflix. So our buddy Kelsey.
Speaker 6: Cook's going to be doing some big time things today. But one of them is the Power Trip. Well, yeah, I think it's Good Morning America she's doing.
Speaker 3: I think I'm off, like right in the middle of it, like you got five minutes and only five minutes only.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I think it'll be like but we know her. I think she's calling us on her way there. Imagine that something like that.
Speaker 6: So a big day for Kelsey. That's gonna be cool. That's at seven o'clock as well.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna give her any pointers?
Speaker 7: Though, give her some porno, give her some porns. She needs zero pointers, zero totally r she's a killer. Yeah, she'll be at the gonna give away her announcement before she's on things. So but Marnie will be here at seven to ruin something.
Speaker 2: You know, who knows? Oh you didn't. I wonder if did you not hear about that? I wonder if you didn't hear about that. Maybe you weren't here. I don't think you was here. Yeah, we could say this part of the air now, it doesn't matter now, right.
Speaker 6: So when we had when we had Kelsey on a couple of weeks ago, do you remember she was like, Hey, I have a big announcement on Monday. I have a special coming out on Monday. It'll be we'll be able to tell you when and where. Okay, right, Well, part of the reason why she couldn't tell us is that there was there's some exclusivity reasons when it comes to like.
Speaker 2: No like inside stories.
Speaker 6: I think I forget which Hollywood like website was going to basically break that it was going to Netflix. Well, remember remember we called Marnie because we were talking about how her and her friends sat front row of the balcony for Kelsey's taping, and we're trying to laugh distinctly so they could be heard on the taping.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's right, I remember that.
Speaker 6: So we called Marnie and there's no way for Marnie to know this. Marnie didn't know that we couldn't say Netflix, and she didn't know it was Netflix. She just assumed that it was and then was going on Instagram talking about how, yeah, I was at Kelsey's show for her Netflix, so she was breaking that it was Netflix without knowing that it was NETFLIXO and technically could have screwed some things up accidentally for Kelsey, but didn't.
Speaker 2: It was all good, But Marnie didn't know.
Speaker 6: She just she's like, hey, Kelsey's got a Netflix special.
Speaker 3: She is just have a relationship with Kelsey's going to work out. No, she can't, you know, the universe isn't for it.
Speaker 6: She wants it, She really really really wanted. Oh whether or not Mark lets her or not as irrelevant, who's Mark and not her husband's name, Mitch.
Speaker 2: I don't think I wish she was more famous than I would remember.
Speaker 3: Yeah, some guys are called Marylyn.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe it is Maryland.
Speaker 3: I think the baby is John Waynsvielle name. I think really that rings a bell? Maybe not? Uh, where the hell did that come from?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: If that's not true, that would be a weird thing, right.
Speaker 2: It's maybe it's somebody like Marion, that's right.
Speaker 3: Not Mary.
Speaker 8: Hey, there's some.
Speaker 6: Dude's name Marion. Sure, my grandmother was Marion. Oh but that's a woman, right, right, right, that's a lady folk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, su sure, I like the ladies man.
Speaker 6: So anyway, Yeah, Kelsey's Netflix special out as of today.
Speaker 2: And I was also at the tape and I just didn't distinctly laugh in the front row.
Speaker 3: That's a weird thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, she'll be at the Power Trip TWENTYI feth anniversary show I November five here before you know it. Oh yeah, she's a big star already. But what if this is like, you know, through the stratosphere and all of a sudden, by November it's like, well Jesus, what did we that'd be great, you know.
Speaker 3: It's like a huge like release their size, and then radio stations book them yep, and then by the time that concert comes around, Like I remember when we first moved here, Kem booked Hooty and the Blowfish a small concert at Midway Stadium, and by the time they got here, they were literally the biggest band in the world.
Speaker 2: That's sweet, it's crazy. That is pretty cool.
Speaker 3: They were like, yeah, glad we're playing here.
Speaker 6: No, we're super grateful because look, Chad Daniels, Kelsey, cooked, Tommy Ryman and Simons and did not need to do this, but they all like us and we like them and it's super cool. So November fifth, we have that place absolutely stacked in packed, there's a waiting list and you know, it's a free ticket because we needed to know how many people were coming. But it's a tough ticket, yeah, man, and the rest of the station loves it.
Speaker 3: Tough tickets, said the Cricket YEP.
Speaker 2: So we'll talk to Kelsey at seven, hear me, they go on an amphitheater, yeah man. In November, I mean, just wear a coat everywhere. Yeah, our fire. That'd be great door outdoor ski jacket comedy, yeah, little skiing, Yeah, a little ski playing the slots.
Speaker 6: Tommy will be there and then you'll realize it's the twenty fifth anniversary special.
Speaker 2: That'd be pretty cool. Downhill skiing, Yeah, that'd be great.
Speaker 6: Downhill scheme is a lot of fun. Yeah, man, all sophomoreic jokes aside. It's super fun. Oh yeah, right, I'm gonna I gotta at some point convert back to snowboarding. But just dipping the toes back on the old slopes last year was the best. Yeah, super fun.
Speaker 2: It is fun. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it won't be long now, Bud, No, I know, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I already got my season pass. Let's go.
Speaker 6: Hell yeah, Sauce, Yes, daddy, some of us have hobbies. Yeah, you have hobbies. You golf, Yeah, and you like playing MLB.
Speaker 2: The show. Yeah, I'm madden now, but I'll get back down the show. Yeah.
Speaker 6: But uh look man, you uh, you got a kid to raise. You gotta you gotta sleep when they sleep. And yesterday Kelly posted a picture or a video a day in the life of Meat Sauce. And you were on a chair and you had something over your eyes, and you looked like you were just sleep in the day away.
Speaker 2: What was that all about.
Speaker 7: I have because of my allergy issues and my eye issues that I have all the time. I have an eye massager that I bought like five years ago when I was hammerable no, brilliant, but uh, it's great. It like heats up my eyes, massages my eyes, it vibrates my eyes.
Speaker 2: Yeah it does.
Speaker 6: And it puts me to sleep most of the time. And how pressure are we talking? How hard is it push? I mean it's pushes pretty hard. Yeah, it's cool if.
Speaker 9: It's rubbing your eyes. Yeah, like massages like this part underneath. Yeah, and then like this part over over and around. Nobody can see where you're pointing, well, people.
Speaker 2: On a camera kit. And then it heats up.
Speaker 7: It's very and then it vibrates when the pressure's on, and it feels amazing. And I put it on yesterday, said in the chair you fall asleep, And I fell asleep. Yeah, and I woke up and I didn't really know where I was, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was Uh. I love that thing.
Speaker 6: See it sounds relaxing, but I think that would be disorienting to wake up with it on.
Speaker 2: I think I would freak out a little bit if I wake up.
Speaker 6: And then there's pressure on my eyes and my eyes are covered and I don't know what day it is.
Speaker 2: That's not it's not that bad. Strange, No, no, no, no, no, it's great. You'd love it.
Speaker 6: It sounds nice while I'm awake. I don't know if i'd like to wake up to it. It's very nice.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 2: It's it's a cool uh, it's a cool bit. Look at you.
Speaker 3: It helps me relax what's going to happen when the AI overlords take over and it pokes both your eyeballs up exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then it's like a minority report situation where you get to cut your eyes out and put new ones and so they're not tracking you.
Speaker 2: But it's not like connected to the Internet or anything.
Speaker 8: Not yet.
Speaker 2: That's what you think, maybe, yeah, maybe that's what That's what a civilian would think.
Speaker 6: It's a standard old human being walking around oblivious to the world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I gotta think what the name of this show is. I watched two episodes of Last Night. I was gonna go to bed early, had it all set, and then Surgean Kip said you got to watch the show. You gotta watch the show, and so I thought, you know what, I'm gonna watch a little bit of this and I'm a cruise And two hours later I was like, I would like to watch another episode, but I best go to bed. It's got the lady who's blue in that one show Avatar And it's got the lady who was married to the country singer Lioness.
Speaker 2: That's it. Yeah, you're it's another Tailor Sheridan show. I believe it's so good.
Speaker 3: Please don't say it's Taylor's shared because people don't like that.
Speaker 2: I don't like him at all.
Speaker 3: I know, dude, this is not Cowboys show. Think about what I just said about the stars that are in the show. These are badasses. What's that lady's name?
Speaker 2: The lady was blue and I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's so good and Nicole kidman it is. I mean, from the very drop of the hat first episode, you're like, holy blankers. It's about a soldiers, a CIA people doing clandestine operations and there's death and destruction and man, I'm in, I'm in. It is so good.
Speaker 2: Three seasons.
Speaker 3: It's oh, is it really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It started in twenty twenty three. Okay, you know it's crazy and you're allowed to like whatever you like. You know, you know what's nuts about the three seasons of Lionesses. According to Rotten Tomatoes, you're watching season one, yeah, fifty four percent.
Speaker 8: But hay on.
Speaker 6: So you're loving what apparently is the worst season by a mile, because season two is ninety percent, season three is eighty five percent. So if you're loving the quote crap season, yeah, then.
Speaker 2: Apparently it gets much better.
Speaker 3: I might piss myself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, craps, you're watching the one that apparently was not universally loved. In fact, it's the opposite. But I guess it makes a huge jump in season two up to ninety.
Speaker 3: I you know, I don't think I've ever seen a show about the CIA folks that that do what the lady did who you know, found Osama? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, they zero dark thirty, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Dark thirty. So this is about the team that does that stuff and the the the relationship between them and the uh like the Seals and the regular Marines, the regular soldiers and such like that is pretty weird if this is accurate, but not weird is not the right word hostile, I guess, but I would encourage it anybody out there. And again, uh, I like stuff admittedly more than most people do sometimes, but this one is if you like watching people get blown up and stuff like that, and you like, like, uh, being grateful that you don't have to do some of the stuff, but there's somebody out there who's capable of doing it. That's what this is.
Speaker 6: I can't watch it because Paramount Plus is the only service I think I don't have.
Speaker 3: I'm watching it on Prime.
Speaker 2: Oh really, I'm much on an Amazon Prime interest.
Speaker 3: So maybe the older seasons around Prime, because that's what I watched it.
Speaker 2: Gotcha? Okay, this is Paramount Well you paid episode idea? Yeah you don't care.
Speaker 3: I don't care. What am I going to do save money?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You're not going to minards? That's how you save big money.
Speaker 3: But yeah, oh I did go to Walmart for you guys last night. Oh yeah, that's right. And I have some food for you guys to try. Interesting foods, interesting foods, A new flavor of cinnamon toast crutch.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't even need to try it, right.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for you guys try. We're gonna wait for Mars to get here later, and she'll probably tell you what the foods are before she eats them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Even though we have an exclusivity kind of an announcement deal with the start Tribute, Yeah, yeah, hind a paywall.
Speaker 3: I'm so excited to see if you guys will be out to identify, because you guys say you love the stuff. I' hon to see if you can identified your sad of it. So that's coming up later with Johnny Beasbon's Bones, who may have died on his way in.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's sad. Maybe it's not his motorcycle.
Speaker 6: So how about this, speaking of you're doing something for the show, you're buying something for the show.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Yesterday I balked at ten dollars for the show because I was afraid of what it would mentally do to me.
Speaker 2: I took the kiddo to Valley Fair.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh that's fine, right, almost right.
Speaker 2: At all the rides.
Speaker 6: It was a Monday, it was pretty dead. We waited in lines for like zero second. It was awesome, right, almost no way. We actually were in and out of there pretty quick. I thought we were going to be there six eight hours. We were like under three because it was like we did everything, all right, let's get out of here.
Speaker 2: It was awesome.
Speaker 6: But I walked past the guess your age bit. It was ten bucks, right, ten bucks? They get the guess your age and they say you got to get within three years. Sick Bragg. Historically, people are a little surprised that I'm the age that I am. I think because I dressed like I'm twelve.
Speaker 2: That helps, yeah, yeah, yeah right, And I wear a hat a lot.
Speaker 6: So you can't quite see, like do you got the salt and pepper going do you have thinning going on up there? So like I'm I think I look younger, and I'm like, I'm pretty sure I can win this. I don't think she's gonna get within three years because she also looked like she was about eighteen to twenty years old.
Speaker 2: She doesn't know what she's not. She's gonna guess. I'm like thirty six. Yeah, like it's ten bucks. Then I'm like what if? What if?
Speaker 6: What if I walk right into it? And she's like, I don't know, like forty six or forty seven. I'm like, son of a bitch, I lost ten bucks and there goes my ego. Yeah, so I chickened out. I'm like, I am like, I don't want to.
Speaker 2: I don't wanna. It's not this stupid prize ain't worth the ego. Hit No, it's not worth it.
Speaker 3: Well do it on AI right now, take a picture with your phone.
Speaker 6: They can do that, yes, I mean I don't mean it like obviously they can do it. Yeah, I'm just like, god, I don't know if I want. That might even be scarier if the AI overlower it's just well, but what if they just go well, that's clearly the face of kafans Corey Cove. I know exactly how old he is. Yeah, a good point. Yesterday, Zach took a photo of that inflatable school boss that all of the great people.
Speaker 2: Here were donating to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because we five adults, we couldn't figure out how to fold it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so he took a picture of it.
Speaker 6: He took a picture of it, and Chad Gpt immediately said, here's the exact strategy to fold that thing. And it's even that our guy Dean down the hall still struggled to do it, but he figured it out. Because I couldn't figure it out. I'm like, this engineering sucks, but I just couldn't believe it. Again, I believe it, but I can't believe it. That AI immediately is like, oh, yeah, that's that thing. Okay, just here's how you do it. Yeah, it's it's freaking amazing.
Speaker 3: I've been working on my my little Mustang that I bought, and I still the new stereo. Would you'd be I'm so proud of myself. I put new headlights in it. Wow, no, I could do that. I put a new console in it. Didn't think I could do it, but I did it. So I'm like, I'm going for it. Put a new stereo in it. I still can't get the speakers work, but that's because there's a It doesn't matter a long story, but taking a picture underneath the seat and AI is like, yeah, okay, I see what's going on. You need this and this this is I'm like, well, that's be on my skill level. But I had to remind myself I wasn't talking to a person, you know what I mean. I felt like I was texting with a buddy who's a mechanic. I wasn't because it starts talking to me like we're friends. Like, hey, by the way, why don't you take being you know what?
Speaker 2: It's like? Hey, I I guess he sounded convinced. Wow, good for AI.
Speaker 3: You've well, I guess it has read my algorithm.
Speaker 6: Hey, by the way, babies, if you went if you went up to the guess your age person at Valley Fair and you had to guess the age they would guess. And again, this is normally like a college age kid guessing, right, what age do you think they would guess you are? Because this, I'm not trying to be conceited or a narcissist. I think I look younger than forty six, yeah, but not like I don't look twenty eight.
Speaker 2: I agree. I think I think I think a twenty year old.
Speaker 6: Would guess I'm probably around forty, and that's why I thought I would win. I'm like, I think she would guess like thirty eight to forty, and I'm going to win because she can't be within three years.
Speaker 3: I think she might call nine one one for me. Yeah no, But what do you think I believe they would probably nailed about right. I think I look about my age, Yeah, I see.
Speaker 6: I think you'd be a little younger as well. I think they might guess close to fifty, but you're fifty. I'm almost fifty six six. Yeah, yeah, I think you run younger than you are as well. Johnny Bones, what do you think they would guess a college age kid guessing at Valley Fair for your age? What do you think they would guess.
Speaker 8: Well, I think they'd probably be in the high fifties and probably get it.
Speaker 2: And what are you fifty fifty nine? See, I was gonna say fifty seven.
Speaker 3: I'd say you're my age. I wouldn't say fifty nine, okay, sauce.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think they guessed like mid forties. I look like an old man. That isn't the mustache? Yeah, the mustache doesn't help. That's a brilliant bit.
Speaker 7: By the way, that's pure profit because the prize they're giving you is sixty cents.
Speaker 6: Right, that's a brilliant move, right, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Well they also can guess. I think it's age weight, and I forget the third one. There's three options, and oh my gosh, she ain't getting my age. But then again, it was do I want to take the ego head? And like you just said, is that prize even worth it? I don't even know if I want to buy that for ten dollars whether I guess or she guesses right or wrong, And you're gonna have to carry it around for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Luckily it wasn't the way out, so that wouldn't have been a huge problem.
Speaker 8: But well, there's no way is it birthday or sign that they have to guess.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean because if birthday is the option by I mean that is, there's no way of knowing it well exactly if it's if it's within an X amount of months, you have to just basically play the odds there, right.
Speaker 2: If it's within three months, it's that's a huge window. If it's within two.
Speaker 3: Months each way, I wonder how they would even let me.
Speaker 2: They're just guessing on Christmas Day? Yeah? Correct? How would they know? They just randomized?
Speaker 3: They randomized, Oh full of jelly belly.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I found that third one. By the way, it's age weight and how clean your gutters are?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, this pro mine would be perfect because I have gut her helmet. From gut her helmet, No.
Speaker 2: I don't guess that you don't have gutters at all. Yeah, I guess you're homeless. They guess hawk had dirty gutters too, got our helmet?
Speaker 8: Amn dot Com.
Speaker 3: You'd walk up, they'd be like, am I guessing species? Here?
Speaker 1: Hunch?
Speaker 2: You're correct?
Speaker 5: The power trip mo joy if it is on the van, still sleeping on that old bed mattress firm Sleep experts can help you choose the purpose you're.
Speaker 10: Tim mcgrawlby there in August twenty third, My chemical Romance on August twenty fourth, all the details I kiffan dot com Cured calendar.
Speaker 3: It's nice to pee with Herman, Greeks and the really in.
Speaker 2: Yes, super sweet.
Speaker 6: Yeah, John Bonus was was pee wee Herman at the Field of Dreams game in Dyersville, Iowa.
Speaker 8: I did not see him though, you know what?
Speaker 3: He was there out in the corn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet he was.
Speaker 8: It'd be cool he got to see mixed up with something, right, what was it?
Speaker 2: Just the greatest thing of all time?
Speaker 8: It was pretty cool. I would definitely. I think we're going to get more opportunities as Quinn's fans to go there within the next probably ten fifteen years, probably years. Well that's true nobody, but I would I would recommend trying to find a way to do that once in your life.
Speaker 3: If you're a baseball fan, did you see the Braspers by the way, what Jessin and Trisha Rasper, No, we did not see them. They were there at the exact same time you were there.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean there are lots of one of the people you didn't meet all eight thousand.
Speaker 8: No, but we I mean we met a lot of people. I really fans, Yes, lots of fans. It's just fun. Yes. No, I didn't see Jess.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, the two dozen of you didn't talk walking in.
Speaker 8: Uh, it was it was great. Uh have you guys ever been in the movie site?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, I have not.
Speaker 8: So the movie site is just a farm with a baseball field of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Right, And you know, if you've seen the movie, you've seen the players walk in and out of the corn They they played this game in twenty twenty one, in twenty twenty two, and then they took a three year break from it. They just came back to it this year. And the reason they took a three year break from it is because they built a stadium before that, it was sort of a temporary thing that they had built out in the cornfield something place, right, And so I think this is going to be a regular occurrence that they are going to be doing on a regular basis. And and Major League Baseball has plans to sort of grow this and they've started with I mean, the first two were two teams from Chicago and now they've been a team from Minnesota. Like they need people to show up because this is literally I mean it's two hours off of thirty five W and that's when you're already in the middle of nowhere in Iowa. You know, it's or after thirty five up, and so it's hard to going to be hard to get people to go there. I think so Major League Baseball seems to have really kind of rolled out the red carpet, like there were lots of people, lots of helpers, lots of hosts. They make it into a big event, and I think the coolest aspect of it. I just sent you guys a video I'm going to go through. When you get to them, you park at the movie site, and you know, you go around and do the movie site stuff, like you walk in and out of the corn in the outfield, and you have a you see a house, and there's a museum and there's merch and stuff like that. Right, But then you're like, how do you get to the stadium And there's in the movie people walk in and out of the corn. The players walk in and out of the corn. There's just a sign in the outfield that says access to the stadium here, but there's no path, there's just corn.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't like a good corn.
Speaker 8: Well it's not a corn amazing, but you have to walk off the field into the corn like the players do, and so I just sent you guys a video of us doing that. It feels like you're just walking into the corn, like it goes twenty or forty stalks deep to before you get to a path that OPA's it takes you to the stadium. That's just kind of a cool experience. And then I mean the stadium itself is, you know, a modern stadium. They do a nice job of amenities. They had a good concession, so a mixture.
Speaker 2: They have roasted corn.
Speaker 8: They did not.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's an egregious misstake.
Speaker 3: One hundred What is going on?
Speaker 6: Okay, if first of all, you have to have roasted corn field the dream, and if every person that goes into the stadium has to essentially walk through the corn field and they don't know if they're prepared, I would have Jonathan Davis greeting everyone saying are you ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well played, and it sounds like you were not or not prepared? Uh what's his face? From Children of the Corn.
Speaker 8: And then there's only about seventy two hundred people room with in the stadium. You've got the outfield is just corn. I mean it's it's great, and you know, they do a lot of theatrics around the game. The weirdest thing about it is that it doesn't feel like the game is going to count, especially after being.
Speaker 6: Like Twins acted like it didn't correct. Twins did kind of like, oh god, dang, you do have to walk right through the corn. I didn't think you were kidding, but I'm just watching the video now, this is cool. Yeah, yeah, that slash yep yeah, oh yeah. And then you know we're there with Philadelphians.
Speaker 2: Oh, they hated it right, like this is because he's.
Speaker 8: Walking behind some people and the guy gets to the end, he's to the path. He's like, that was real corn. I didn't think it'd be a real corn. I mean, you know, like disnified corn.
Speaker 3: Was he fighting the corn?
Speaker 2: Did he fight it? Yeah?
Speaker 8: I did that beat in the corn. You didn't throw a full beer at the corn? Yeah, So it was really disorienting for them. The uh did you guys see the viewership of it on Netflix? Gleaman tweeted this six hours ago. The Twins Phillies in the Field, The Dreams game averaged one point seven million viewers on Netflix, down from three point one million from in twenty twenty two when it was the Reds and Cubs.
Speaker 3: Watching any time, like you can watch it right now in Netflix. Yeah, I haven't done that yet, but I'm guessing they probably when it was it wasn't on Netflix and two either, right, it was on Fox? Yeah right?
Speaker 2: Different helps and it will be an NBC next year.
Speaker 8: Oh will it okay? Yeah, So I mean they're clearly investing in it. I think I think the play. It seems like the plan is every year to have a team that's within driving distance because you need people to show up for sure, and uh and then you know, a premier team like the Yankees or the Phillies or Dodgers probably or something like that. So my guess is we're going to get an opportunity to do this every you know, five to ten years. I would recommend it's definitely. It's definitely if you're a baseball fan. I think it's a it's a once in a lifetime type experience.
Speaker 3: You just said it. How far have a drive?
Speaker 8: It's like four so it's a good four and a half hours drive from Minneapolis and like I said, two hours south on thirty five and then you take a left and you drive another two and a half hours. And I mean that was one of the things I was most impressed with is that they didn't f up the logistics on this. Logistics on this is a tricky It's forty five minutes from the biggest city you're going to get is near like Dubuque, and that you're two You're forty five minutes from that, You're an hour plus from Waterloo, You're an hour plus from Rapid.
Speaker 6: Let's build a hotel right outside of it and just bank one day every year, right, Well.
Speaker 10: You probably said bonus, they're building like a giant US sports complex down there.
Speaker 2: Yes, so that might be a wise investment.
Speaker 8: Or well they are trying to do that. Well they also I think they had a or they have a racetrack. Yeah there, yeah, right by Dyersville as well.
Speaker 3: I don't know if that's where the that must be where the big Indie Indy car track is.
Speaker 8: Some infrastructure, but I mean it's still it's the middle of study, it's still a farm in Iowa.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, I was worried.
Speaker 8: About how long is it going to take to get in out of the parking lot when you're emptying onto country roads around there, you know, take me home and they and then on top of that, you had the rain. The rain poured through that day. It was a huge thunderstorm that went through the entire morning and afternoon and they pulled it all off. It was fantastic.
Speaker 3: The weather man go, it'll come right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 3: We had a build outside the right as you go in the stadium, a corn stand. For God's sakes, how are they not sell it?
Speaker 8: No, kidd, mistake cheese steaks and pork sandwiches from Philly. They had juicy Lucy's and wild rice brats from Minneapolis or from Minnesota.
Speaker 6: But no, there was no uh no roasted corn. They don't know what they're doing over. Netflix is a disaster. No, Netflix is on fire. Our friend Kelsey Cook. And when we come back, more Netflix news because our buddy.
Speaker 2: Tom Pellis Harrow has found a home. We'll talk about that after this.
Speaker 11: Front Page Sports on the Fan, Hi, welcome back.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 2: We go a little late, but yeah, dive in. Let's go into sports.
Speaker 5: If we got time now for Front Page Sports. Oh presented by Holiday Station Stores. Holiday Station stores for limited time buy four Mountain dues just eight bucks. Four dues for eight dollars.
Speaker 6: Remember yesterday we learned based on some statistics, man, the state of Minnesota really still loves Mountain dew. Oh yeah, So if you're gonna love it, get it at holiday four for eight bucks, ice cold, right out of the old freezer.
Speaker 2: There, boom, gotta love it.
Speaker 8: You're just the best.
Speaker 2: All right, we teased it.
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 2: Let's start with this.
Speaker 6: Netflix hired our guy Tom Pelasero as their sideline reporter Slash NFL Insider.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 6: So they have five games in twenty twenty six, so it's not all seventeen. But that's super cool to be in with Netflix. And I believe his first games in Australia. Yeah, that's kind of a cool. Initial perk is, hey, get your ass to Australia and cover this game for Netflix. But the other thing I'm really jealous about, how cool is this? Because I just love Bill Simmons. Part of this new deal, he also will co host The Ringers NFL Show and make weekly appearances on the Bill Simmons Podcast.
Speaker 2: Nice, that's so freaking for him.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 6: It was so awesome to see Simmons tweeting at him yesterday and all of Bill Simmons team basically being like, sweet, we got Pella Sero on this squad. Now, Yeah, that's so cool to watch them go nuts for him. He deserves it.
Speaker 2: He's the best. He's the best. Yeah, so shout out to Tom. That's super cool. Good job ESPN's lost Netflix's game. That's correct.
Speaker 6: Which, by the way, how Bill Simmons freaking loves taking high end ESPN talent that has been screwed and been like you're good, they screwed you right this way, Sarah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he loves the old ESPN guys. Yeah. First, not just out of spite. It's basically like, look at the talent you're throwing away.
Speaker 3: We'll take him nuts wasted ieheart telling.
Speaker 2: A friend that's a good.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Who was was it?
Speaker 7: Was it dead Spin? It was created simply because it hated ESPN. Wasn't The guy that started dead Spin was like, let go from ESPN?
Speaker 2: Maybe don't know? Yeah, oh it sounds believable. Yeah, well not sure, John Bones.
Speaker 6: Before the break, we were talking about the Twins planing in the field the Dreams game. It hasn't really gone well since then they got their asses kicked by the Phillies. But last night they got it turned around all in a first inning barrage basically against Perez of the Atlanta Brads.
Speaker 2: Twin yeah, they won.
Speaker 8: They had four hits or four runs before they got an.
Speaker 2: Out right first six batters reached.
Speaker 8: And then like they have for the last two days, they just absolutely seemed to flounder after that point with writers the scoring position. But they held on to it this time in part because Derek Schawt switched after watching his keeping his star in a couple pitches too long. For the last two games, he was a little more aggressive with getting Bailey over there and turning it over to the bullpen. I can see where that is not his habit because he hasn't had a bullpen all season. Now he's got a bullpen, and that bullpen came in and shut the door at that point. And that's because they went and did some stuff at the trade deadline. This team has gone from the bullpen being their weakness to it arguably being their biggest strength wow over the over the last three weeks. In part that's because the starting rotation has certainly struggled and part of it is because of the hitting, as I just mentioned, has also really struggled, but it's also because they went and got a few arms at the bullpen at the deadline, and now they feel confident turning over and they should feel confident turning over a lead to a really against a really good team. The Braves are leading the NL East, they are one of This is the toughest part of the twins schedule remaining schedule right here, and it's nice to get a win out of it, so we will and then and on top of it all that puts them again within a half game of.
Speaker 2: The wild card, right they're just hovering. Yeah, I mean, it's I gotta tell you, though, John, I know I don't go to a lot of baseball games, so they don't care what I am about to say. But you go to a lot of them, so you care.
Speaker 6: I can't imagine going to a baseball game and waiting for a fifty one minute rain delay and it never rained. That's what they did last night. It was a fifty one minute delay, assuming it was going to rain. They were preparing and it never rained. And I gotta I gotta think thirty forty minutes into that you're.
Speaker 2: Going, what are we doing? What's the start the game? Or I'm going home? Fifty one minute delay to the start never rained.
Speaker 8: Chris and I were there early to watch. We were actually there early because we do a weekly planning thing and we decided we're going to do it at the town Ball tavern while we had some dinner and then wait for the game to start.
Speaker 6: My god, you guys live a much better life than I do. Let's go in our week at a bar inside the stadium. It was fun.
Speaker 8: For you and it ended up being, you know, as often does with these planning things, it went long. That worked out real well for us. We were watching, but we were watching the radar and I'm like, it's not going to I mean maybe a little passing shower or something like it. That not supposed to rain til nine thirty two. They might screw this up the other direction by delaying the game. They might. I think the concern was that Bailey over is going to start this game. They don't want to tie. They've already laded into their bullpen affair amount. They didn't want to pull him after an inning and a half and then have him have to not be able to come back, so they delayed it for a while. The way it works in Major League Baseball is that once the game starts, any delay is up to the umpire. Before the game starts, the delay is up to the home club. So you get to kind of control when that game starts up until the point where the game starts, and at that point then the umpire says, now I'm in control of when this game is played now, Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've referenced that movie a lot last week. But it's great.
Speaker 3: So anyway, can we go back?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 2: Can we go back two minutes?
Speaker 6: Thought it was ridiculous, Let's go back two minutes. Think about what John Bonus just said. Him and his wife do so much on a weekly basis.
Speaker 2: They need a weekly meeting that lasts an hour.
Speaker 6: I don't have an hour worth of activities all week to plan, let alone, like, here's here's my planning for the week.
Speaker 2: Hey, who's taking Harbord to gymnastics? And I mirror you? Oh I can, okay, I don't pretty much do it. Yep. You didn't need to go to town Ball Tavern to figure that one out. Do you have poker this weekend?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Not this weekend? You've seen your sister this weekend? No, not this weekend? All right? Meeting adjourned.
Speaker 6: I mean, that's it, going to meet for an hour just to plan one week of their lives.
Speaker 8: So we cover a lot more than just the.
Speaker 2: I doubt it's you're wheeling and dealing.
Speaker 6: So we have.
Speaker 8: It's one of my biggest pieces of advice to married couples is get that. Start doing that. At some point, like every seven to ten days, we sit down for what we call the coffee talk, and we sit down and we go through original ten topics that we are going to cover, and then the sort of miscellaneoustuff.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 8: It is going through money. It's number one.
Speaker 2: I don't talk money with my wife. Why would I want to fight?
Speaker 8: Calendar? Marriage, kids, dog traveled like we got we got the ten topics like that, we that we bo down and then the last week sort of miscellaneous stuff and it's it's.
Speaker 2: All your hands. Is there a reason to go out and drink beer?
Speaker 8: We call it a coffee talk any coffee this particular case, we did not have any coffee. We did not have any beer during the actual time. We actually find it goes better well, we don't have had a few, haven't had a few beers. We've done it both that happy hour coffee. It works better sometimes. It's also when you kind of save up somewhat heated topics that you might want to discuss, do them in public. Uh, let's see that helps a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah, here's what I'm gonna do today, John and on a on a review. I'm gonna go home to day and go hey, Angie. Once a week, we're gonna meet and we're gonna talk about things, starting with money. Yeah, And I want to see if that sentence even finishes before she says, this is the worst idea I've ever heard in my life.
Speaker 7: What if she says, can we do it at the town ball tavern money, not say can we do it at the courthouse?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll just save ourselves some time.
Speaker 8: Money. They used to be the first topic we covered. We'd bury that in the middle of the place, but it has moved towards the top of the.
Speaker 2: Wait God Coffee talks, Linda Richmond and John Bonus, So what really matters after this?
Speaker 6: More scores, more stats around the world, the sports Crystal, Change your life.
Speaker 2: With something else forty minutes from now.
Speaker 6: Kelsey Cook live from New York before her big day, and uh Marnie on their joints as well.
Speaker 2: Right around seven, This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the.
Speaker 5: Fan Conversation and stay locked in live local games with you all season Longeart Radio, Search, NFL and PROP.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, Ko talked to the press specifically about Jamal Adams.
Speaker 2: He's going to be with us all season long.
Speaker 12: I think it's really important so that Jamal knows and I've talked to a lot, both to him and his family about just his impact on this organization, his ability to help young players, his ability to be a you know, a real beacon of energy.
Speaker 2: And obviously he's gonna be.
Speaker 8: Focused on getting healthy.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have him with us.
Speaker 12: You guys will see him around, see him out here, see him, you know, around the building, because you know, he's in Minnesota Viking now, and we want to make sure that he knows how important he'll be to our players and the team.
Speaker 6: That's super cool. He may never play one snap for the Minnesota Vikings, right it was a one year deal. It was a prove it deal kind of at thirty years old with an injury history, and now this is another significant injury. It's a torn right quad. I mean, yikes. Super cool that they think he's a good enough leader to be around and still use him for support off the field. But the may never play a snap for the Vikings. I would bet the under right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he may never play again. It may never play again for anyone, let alone the bikes. But devastating.
Speaker 3: You know, anything about a quad injury obviously sounds terrible, but I wonder if it's worse or better than an aco.
Speaker 6: I don't know, but did somebody I thought I read on Twitter yesterday? Did Didn't he rip his other quad previously? What's going on there? So he's torn both?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Geez yeah, And I can't imagine how painful that is.
Speaker 7: I'm sure were you listening last night to Barrero when he had liberon? Yeah, Lieber was like. The worst part about injuries like that is the guys. As much as they say you're part of the team, you're gonna be on the team, guys don't like hanging out in the training room because it thinks then they start to think, well, maybe that'll get me in there.
Speaker 2: They don't want to be in there. It was a really good breakdown.
Speaker 3: Would you mind just going hanging out in the training room and keeping people company down there.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the only thing I can do to help whatever team needs it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, well, whichever team they played for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: Would you go to a training team or a training facility for a different team if JJ McCarthy's on a flight in the next.
Speaker 2: Couple of weeks, Yeah, when he plays for Philly. Come on, now, whatever team he wants to be on.
Speaker 6: Okay, what really matters is scores and stats around the world of sports, and then the crystal tay isn't and that's better.
Speaker 2: Let's just be honest. His stuff's better.
Speaker 3: That's so sweet of you to say that.
Speaker 2: It is brought to you by Ovo, Lazy and Lens thanks to.
Speaker 6: Doctor Mark Lobanov and doctor David Whiting. Go get Lasik over.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, man, all right, we can start with that.
Speaker 6: The Vick Kings, of course play the Ravens Saturday noon, right here on the fan preseason game number two.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of joint practices this week.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Even more important, we'll be there tomorrow, right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I will be there, yeah noon, right, thanks for the invite. Yeah, yeah, you know what I don't know if I would be available anyway. I should probably sit down and have the coffee talk with my wife and see if I'm available Wednesday afternoon to go to TCO for two hours. The Vikings, though, did again just announce that Jamal Adams is out for the season torn right quad thirty years old.
Speaker 2: It's over for him. It sucks. What really matters, though.
Speaker 10: Is this.
Speaker 3: It was on this date in what year? Do you, gentlemen believe the ginghis condo?
Speaker 2: Oh boy, this is one of those you could be two hundred years off things.
Speaker 3: Only reason that I had an idea myself is because I read a book about him. I had no idea. I would have never guessed. All right, I don't expect you to get it right.
Speaker 6: I'm going to say, who wow, I literally might be two hundred years off right, maybe more? Yeah, Uh, he's pre Columbus right, like I'm just starting so like, let's go like, let's go like the.
Speaker 3: United States has only been innocince.
Speaker 2: Let's go twelve twenty. Can I ask a follow up? When were the pyramids of the eighteen fifties better around the time of the Civil War?
Speaker 6: This?
Speaker 2: We should know this, And I just don't. I'll guess.
Speaker 5: Five.
Speaker 2: Oh, I should have had you guess first. You know you're not even close to her. I guess. So it's the same thing, But I should have had it first. Okay, Johnny is.
Speaker 8: Gonna be around there too. I was gonna say, you're gonna go all the way back six hundred, but I'll go six fifties. YEA, separate myself from saus a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with the year four twenty Blaze it.
Speaker 3: What did you say, Corey, twelve twenty twelve twenty seven? Come on this year twelve twenty seven. Nice job, Coral, Wow.
Speaker 8: I thought he was much closer to the Roman Empire.
Speaker 3: Then, leader who forged an empire stretching from the east coast of China to the west to the Orlc dies in camp during a campaign against the Chinese Kingdom of Ziazia. The Great Khan, who was over sixteen in failing health, may have come to injuries incurred during a fall from a horse.
Speaker 2: Syat, oh, buddy, coach, not a great way to go.
Speaker 3: Now, Well that's what he did though, That's why that's how they dominated. Then they rode horses. They were the first to ride horses in the step. Born as Timusion, as you guys well knew around eleven sixty two.
Speaker 2: His father, a.
Speaker 3: Minor Mongol you know, they let him do it early back then, I guess died and died when Tumusion was in his early teens. Timusion succeeded him, but the tribe would not abay swing a young a chief temporarily abandoned. Tumushin's family was left to fend for themselves in the wilderness on the step.
Speaker 2: So think about it.
Speaker 6: By the way, Genghis Khan and the Mongolians figure out how to use horses to fight war and take over the world, right, think of how many people died after that, going, well.
Speaker 2: We can ride a horse. Let's try riding that bear. Right, they just picked other animals and just failed over and would you.
Speaker 1: Get off that cat?
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's domesticate that tiger.
Speaker 6: We could probably ride battle cat over there, exactly exactly what if Genghis said that it worked for him, Man, Billy, get over there and try that tiger out and he just gets torn to shreds saddle that tiger ups, yes.
Speaker 7: Saddle bags such a great bit man, man. That's interesting.
Speaker 6: By the way before you get super excited about joint practices, smoke them. Don't forget. Everybody says they're very important. Some people think they're just as important, if not more important, than preseason games. Right, but guess what if it's that important and it's that serious, you can also get injured. Eighth overall pick Jordan Tyson last Thursday got hurt in a joint practice against the Jacksonville Jaguars.
Speaker 2: He plays for the Saints, by the way, eighth overall pick by the Saints, so.
Speaker 6: It didn't play in the preseason game against Jacksonville because he got hurt, but they checked it out.
Speaker 2: Two months.
Speaker 6: He's gonna miss with a hamstring problem, and it's a different one than apparently he had hamstring problems in college. But this, they say, this is somehow not related to his college hamstring issues.
Speaker 2: I don't care or know the difference.
Speaker 6: But two months, and I guess the timeline works out where it's right around the time the Saints are going to go play that game in Paris, So he's going to be have to push pretty hard, I guess, to get to that international game to make his NFL debut. So eighth overall pick eighth overall. Pick a ton of talent. Obviously. The big knock on him was is he always has an injury issue. Good start here they are twenty twenty two week tours aclmclpcl oh good. Twenty twenty four he fractured his collarbone, and then in the twenty twenty five season he had a sprained ankle, two strained hamstrings, and now he strains his hamstring again.
Speaker 7: Tough, right for a young kid man. That's two months as a rookiest a long time.
Speaker 3: But what really matters is this, Hey saws your hamstrings untied?
Speaker 2: Yeah, holding on for dear life.
Speaker 3: Okay, ladies and gentlemen. It was on the state in what year that the great Larry Boyd retired.
Speaker 6: Let's see here, how many years do we think he played? Because what did he start? It was seventy nine, The year that he was was seventy nine, the year that they had this showdown with Michigan State. I think so he must have been in the NBA by nineteen eighty or eighty one at the latest.
Speaker 2: Right, So what did he play? Maybe hang out? Was he around for the full Jordan era? Probably?
Speaker 6: I mean, like the uh once they start winning titles. Was he I'm gonna say like ninety four or five, Yeah, that probably would have been my guest. I'll say ninety six.
Speaker 8: I'll go ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Ischo ninety eight?
Speaker 3: Nineteen ninety two? Really, are you me nineteen ninety two. That's a short ass career, Yeah, celebrated Boston Celtics Ford Larry Bird retired high school basketball started his native in Indiana. Graduation, he received a scholarship to play for Bobby Knight, one of the finest teams in the country. However, Bird was homesick and uncomfortable in the Spotlight's say, he went on home and returned to French Lick and then was enrolled at smaller Indiana State. When the basketball coach there was like, son of a bitch, this guy's available. So he went out and said, if you come to my school, I'll bring your buddy with you too, and he did.
Speaker 8: Man, So that was so ninety two. He retires. Magic retired kind of, but he was diagnosed with AIDS. That was like ninety ninety one one, right, it was a fall of fall of ninety one. I think you read about that same time, So I guess I didn't recognize they were that close together.
Speaker 2: Mm huh oh, yeah, he.
Speaker 3: Was on the dream team of Scott s. Kyle's.
Speaker 2: He was definitely was and Christian lately ye Scott Scott Johnny Bones.
Speaker 6: Yes, sir, are you are you familiar with Arizona Diamondbacks All star second baseman Catl Marte.
Speaker 2: I've heard the name, but I don't know anything about him, but they're good.
Speaker 6: He was a no show yesterday against the Boston Red Sox, just simply didn't show up and they put him on the restricted list after he went a wall for the second straight season.
Speaker 2: The Diamondbacks were like, it's been a weird day. They didn't know where he was. He didn't show up. They were trying to find out what was going on. They didn't get any answers.
Speaker 6: The manager's quote said quote, there was very little coming back. Marte traveled with the team to Boston. The manager thought he was still there, but wasn't certain right And again, this isn't the first time he's had a strange disappearance. He did this last year. What's going on? Not showing up to a game is almost unheard of in pro sports. Yeah, without a good reason, of course.
Speaker 8: I think last year I'm him troubly remembering exactly what happened last year, but there was something about it he went.
Speaker 3: Back home to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this says.
Speaker 6: Last season he went on the restricted list when his home in Arizona was broken into during the All Star break. He missed three games after flying back to his home in the Dominican Republic, and then later apologized for his absence.
Speaker 8: Right, I mean, there's some stuff going on I think hel Marte's life.
Speaker 7: But I see the guy that he was like booed or heck oled for his mom's passing. Isn't he the same player? Yeah, you're thinking of Gilbert Grape, doesn't Marte? Just know you just have to ask off for the days and work day and then your manager approves them, and then.
Speaker 2: You can take as many days off as you want. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 3: Now I'm taking this from my site that I use for all my what really matters stuff, So I'm just guessing this is right because I believe in him, but it does come from Yahoo dot Com as well. So here you go. Which brand car automobile drivers are the worst drivers statistically in the United States? What brand brand automobile is statistically the worst drivers in the United State.
Speaker 2: All right, so let's go through this for a second.
Speaker 6: Can it possibly be Tesla because some of them are they're mostly self driving, right, wouldn't you say by definition, those should probably be the best drivers? Or is that going to be Why he's bringing it up is that you would think that, but they're going to be the worst. He's bringing it up because it's got to be guessable.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, yeah, yeah, yeah? Is it BMW?
Speaker 1: Boom?
Speaker 2: Dude, look at that?
Speaker 1: How do you know that.
Speaker 3: He's got one.
Speaker 2: A lot of Todds. A lot of Todds drive BMW.
Speaker 3: It was it's it's it's BMW, followed by RAM, followed by Tesla.
Speaker 2: Interesting hmm, yeah, wow, how about that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Damn dude, Yeah, he nailed it. You used to have a Tesla?
Speaker 2: I did? Yeah?
Speaker 3: You ever had that BMW?
Speaker 6: I have not?
Speaker 2: No, not yet. No. Do you ever had a Ram?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: Never had a salad? It was just too easy. I did yesterday. Yeah, but after your I massage? No, would you get a salad at the spot?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: I had my massage is like four o'clock yesterday.
Speaker 6: What times it's scheduled for today? Probably four o'clock on a day. Yeah, man, what a day? More of what really matters? After this, Kelsey Cook in twenty minutes, Marnie Gallener in twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: This is the Power Trip Morning Joe on the Fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 10: This report is sponsored by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety.
Speaker 2: And in public school teacher goes above and beyond for students.
Speaker 10: They could win five thousand dollars for classroom supplies and resources.
Speaker 2: Dominating now at iHeartRadio dot com slash teachers you just never know.
Speaker 3: Welcome back, everybody, Power Trip more sh think he's that go.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 6: Ready, more of what really matters? Let's learn something Before Marni and Kelsey joined the show.
Speaker 3: They come in and just take it all the way show.
Speaker 6: Hey, Otani hit two home runs, his twenty eighth and twenty ninth of the year, and a.
Speaker 2: Eleven five win over the Rockies.
Speaker 6: The Dodgers continue to play some pretty good baseball John Bonus, But how about this?
Speaker 2: This is what I love about show.
Speaker 6: Hey, here's his year, which is going under the radar because he's like ninth or tenth in most categories for most people. If you're a top ten guy in any category. You're like, I'm having a good year. Here's his quiet year, two ninety five, twenty nine home runs, seventy eight RBI, and it's August eighteenth, and.
Speaker 2: He's like a non story because this is a.
Speaker 6: Very average year for him, crazy year for anybody else, super average for him.
Speaker 2: Isn't that nuts?
Speaker 6: He's so good and pitching too, Yeah, I mean that's not even pitching stats. A crushing number of stats. Yeah, John Bonus, we're.
Speaker 8: Watching the best baseball player in history, immans.
Speaker 6: It's amazing, but doesn't quite fit into the Twins lineup. No, nothing you never got had a great fit. But really, what matters is this.
Speaker 3: I never knew this till right now. You know the song There is a house in New Orleans they call the Rising Sun. Yeah. The authorship of the song is unknown. It goes back a century or more. Nobody knows who wrote it.
Speaker 2: Maybe agengis Con. It might have been the Great Con.
Speaker 3: Oh good god, hold on, guys, I'm gonna get off my horse. I got a song in my brain and then he fell.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 3: Last thing he says, there is a house in New Orleans. I don't know where that's at. They call it the rising Sun he died.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting with the direction.
Speaker 3: Hell have you ever ridden a horse?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 6: We know you have?
Speaker 3: No, I have, yeah, remember I bring it up though.
Speaker 6: All right, group trivia, And this is tough because this is twelve correct answers.
Speaker 3: Oh, son of them are good.
Speaker 6: Keenan Allen signing a one year deal with the Indianapolis Colts of Anaheim. Wow, he's thirty four years old, future Hall of Famer. Right, six time pro bowler. Yeah, one thousand and fifty five career catches. That puts him thirteenth all time. Just a sneaky can speak in a consistency, just the most consistent, like it puts up like a thousand.
Speaker 2: Every year for the Chargers.
Speaker 6: Well now, he said, in a one year deal with the Colts, he's thirteenth all time. Can you name the twelve players in NFL history with more career catches than Keenan Allen. Jerry Rice that's number one with fifteen hundred and forty.
Speaker 2: Nine, Randy No, Chris Carter.
Speaker 6: Chris Carter has eleven hundred and one. He's sixth all time. Marvin Marvin Harrison is fifth.
Speaker 2: Julio No, you want them to do it? They're they're killing me, they're killing it.
Speaker 8: Yes, I test, saucy boy, that'll test me. Uh, who's the dude from.
Speaker 2: The charters Keenan Allen. You might be thinking of Keenan Allen.
Speaker 3: Who forget it's obvious.
Speaker 6: Let's see this is a monster hint. But three of them are tight ends. Oh, Tony Gonzalez and Zalaz is third. Huh, Miss Travis Kelcey Travis Kelsey is a Missy Elliott. Nope, former Cowboy Jason Witten is four. The other ones are all wide receivers. You guys are I mean, these are all names that you know obviously some of the greats, just so many. There's an obvious one at number two, so it's Uher Larry Fitzgerald.
Speaker 2: There you go, John Bonus. So you guys so far off the top six?
Speaker 6: Jery Rice is one, fits his two Gonzales three, witting for Harrison five, Chris Carter six, Kelsey is eight, and Keenan Allen is thirteen. So you're missing number seven who was a former Raider.
Speaker 2: Tim Brown.
Speaker 6: Tim Brown, number nine played for a handful of teams, but he was probably most famous with the Niners.
Speaker 2: Oh t O t O you forget how ten mostly known to be a Nope, nope, nope.
Speaker 6: Good guess so mostly a cardinal. Maybe this is probably the toughest one remaining. His initials are Abkwan Bolden.
Speaker 8: I would not have.
Speaker 2: Seen large and where is large?
Speaker 6: And he's way down the list? Eleven and twelve is this gives it away? Is a Colt and a Texan? Is it? Andre Johnson is the Texan at twelve and the Colt is Yodi Guest Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Reggie Wayne Ball.
Speaker 2: Here you go, so many names, sobody names. Randy Moss, by the way, nineteenth all time with nine eighty two. Yeah, I think he's doing all right.
Speaker 3: Come out of retirement.
Speaker 2: Get a few more, all right?
Speaker 6: One whatever? One random trivia question left. I just want to see if you guys can spike this one. Travis Kelcey is the active receptions leader. Keenan Allen is second, Davante Adams is third, DeAndre Hopkins is fourth. Who's fifth. There's a reason why I'm bringing it up. Fifth in terms of active receptions. Cooper twenty fourth all time, by the way, too, person Cooper cup There is the reason I'm bringing it up. There's a Viking Connection twenty fourth all time, fifth active.
Speaker 2: And still in the league, Viking Connection. I'm what's his name, Stefan Stefan Diggs.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, sure, I mean borderlines sneakily historic, Right, You're a top twenty four guy of all time. Yeah, in terms of receptions, and he has nine and forty two so approaching a thousand.
Speaker 2: He's played for like thirty teams, sure, yeah, and they've all seemed to really like him.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What really matters, it really is who's.
Speaker 8: He playing for this year?
Speaker 2: He just signed the Commanders. Yeah, that's apparently his home area. What really matters is this, Okay.
Speaker 3: Towards the end of filming the movie Tenant Robert Robert Pattinson gifted Christopher Nolan a book of Oppenheimer's speeches. According to Nolan, the speeches showed Oppenheimer wrestling with the implications of what's happened and what he's done, and that led to him making the movie Oppenheim.
Speaker 6: Well, then, I mean you got to put Pattinson in the Odyssey? Is a thank you for Oppenheimer? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, still thanks buddy, What a great job playing a bad guy.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, somebody said I saw this that like when you bring up it's Robert Pattinson, Right, You're going to look back in his career and like the Twilight.
Speaker 2: Bit is just going to be like a footnote. How good. He's a great actor. He's a great actor. Yeah.
Speaker 6: How about how about the Odyssey having Batman, spider Man, the Punisher?
Speaker 3: What's snee Captain k Man? Who Robert Pattinson?
Speaker 2: Thanks? But I mean Tom Hollands spider Man barnhal Is. Uh, wasn't Anne Hathaway Catwoman?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: There you go, nailed it, Catwoman? Well done? Yeah, Jason Bourne.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm trying to think of actual like Marvel or superhero movies or DC guz.
Speaker 2: So we have at least four. I bet we're freaking played.
Speaker 8: Seems odd.
Speaker 6: No, he is not.
Speaker 2: He played a god in Dogma, right, he was bartled by or Loki you wanted.
Speaker 8: It to.
Speaker 3: Turn.
Speaker 2: Wasn't Carlin god in that movie? No? Alanis Morris. That was Carlin played a priest.
Speaker 7: Which they were going to do a spin off of, like make a feature film on Carlin as a is a priest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 6: The Bus Family is selling its remaining seventeen point eight percent steak in the Lakers to new owners Josh Kushner and Bob Eiger. However, yeah, a handful of hours after that story came out, Genie Buss is contesting the sale.
Speaker 2: The story I read said like.
Speaker 6: There are I mean, lawyers are already involved, because there's I believe there's six siblings, and there's some kind of clause where I think it's four of the six or five of the six can vote to do one thing or the other.
Speaker 2: But Genie Bus is claiming that.
Speaker 6: There's some other clause that says, nope, I have to approve it because I'm this and that, and so she's pushing back. I guess everybody else wants out. They want to sell, they want to move on. Genie Bus is like, not so fast. I don't want to so fast, my friends. So I believe multiple Bus siblings over the last handful of years have been fired from the Lakers. So I have a hunch they don't all get along so well, and they're all crazy rich, and they're about to be even richer when this thing goes through, because almost twenty percent of a twelve point five billion dollars sale is a couple of billion dollars. Yeah, so the siblings are going to be fighting over money. Wow, best of luck to the Bus family. The Bus family has owned the Lakers since what year?
Speaker 3: I shouldn't know this because I watched that show.
Speaker 8: Exactly seventy six, seventy two, seventy four.
Speaker 3: I thought it was like eighty one.
Speaker 6: Seventy nine, exactly right, right when the bird in magic stuff was kicking off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 6: And Jerry Buss, who liked playing high stakes poker. The poker world loves Jerry Buss. He died in twenty thirteen at the age of eighty.
Speaker 3: And that show where What's John c Riley was Jerry, This is so good. It was so good.
Speaker 2: Did you say what he bought it for?
Speaker 3: I didn't play to own a basketball?
Speaker 7: Yeah, good point. I wonder what he paid for it though. Who were some of the other people that bought into that team hawk? Sixty seven point five million?
Speaker 2: Wow?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: And oh wait, wait a minute, hang on. That was a part of a multi property deal. Sixty seven point five million. However, the Lakers specific portion of that transaction accounted for around sixteen million dollars.
Speaker 2: What an investment. Yeah, good for him, It was good for them. And Dennis Leary.
Speaker 6: Ye happy birthday, Dennis, Oh my god, hard pass Kaylin Olsen oh from uh always.
Speaker 2: The Lakers?
Speaker 3: He does yep. And then of course, as you guys imagine K pop singer g Dragon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, if that wasn't the most guessable thing of all time? Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 8: Does the Boss family really only own like seventeen percent of the Lakers?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 2: They sold a handful of years ago.
Speaker 6: And then when Mark Walter bought it a year or so ago, I think there were talks of walking away, but they didn't.
Speaker 2: And again, Jeanie had she wants to be the governor of.
Speaker 6: The Lakers for another like five years, and apparently they were going to honor that. But to be a governor you have to have over fifteen percent. They had seventeen point eight percent. I learned way too much and I've already forgotten about ninety percent since i.
Speaker 2: Read this story last night. Maybe something like that.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The gist of it is is the kids are going to fight. That's what it is. Yeah, they have a lot of money. They're going to fight over everywhere.
Speaker 3: Go with the kids on a rock?
Speaker 2: Isn't she uh dating that one? Comedian?
Speaker 3: Yeap? Dennis Leary.
Speaker 6: She's dating Dennis Lats Yeah. Speaking of comedians, Kelsea Cook, Yeah, speaking of that. We'll talk to Kelsey after this live from New York. Big day for her, and Marty Gelder joins right after this power trip morning Chow on the Fan from the one eight hundred. Ask Gary Traffick