Speaker 1: The News Jokie starts now. It is Friday, July tenth, sum twenty twenty six. Watch again to today from Charlie kirkbombshelves to an AI radio station has arrived to take our jobs to does Graham Platner have a secret election plan? Plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text, Sam More Sealant is here who shashes with us? And so are you? You can join us with the dispatch. Go to the Newsjunkie dot com. Record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the News Junkie. Your message is rolling right at the studio in real time. And this never ever ever happens, folks, what happens?
Speaker 2: What I gotta tell you.
Speaker 3: I was so surprised, so taken aback when I saw there was a last minute message right before the show, and it appears to be from Mitch McConnell.
Speaker 2: Let's see what he had to say.
Speaker 1: A great Friday. We did it, everybody. We made our way through Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday has arrived. Patch yourself on the back. I knew you could do it. They said you couldn't do it. But I knew you could. Here you are.
Speaker 2: Today on a Friday. We're gonna have some fun.
Speaker 1: We're gonna enjoy ourselves. How you guys doing on a Friday? I'm good. Yeah. Can you believe it's been a week since the live broadcast?
Speaker 3: Oh no, not really, No, No, it's kind of been chaos over here.
Speaker 1: So yeah, like you think it's been longer, or do you think it's been shorter. I'm just totally lost in time. Yeah, I don't know what day it is. Half the time. I was driving in to work today and I was like one week ago right now. Sean was hovering over our shoulders, going forty two minutes and we're two minutes to shout time pressure, but nifty three. But it's still showtime. Thank god I was, because otherwise it would have been a catastrophe. And now it's being called the greatest live broadcast. Some people say, here we go, let's put her ears to the ground, our fingers of the poles, Let's see what's happened to this great, big, wide world of ours. I can tell you it's either really.
Speaker 3: Hot or really storming in the United States of America, and it's hitting everybody, even the fine folks over on CNN where a lady got scared during her CNN broadcast.
Speaker 4: Here she is WEUS military is not currently conducting strikes in Iran. My gosh, really bad. A lot of questions for the White House.
Speaker 3: I think she said strikes right as the lightning strike hit in the background. That's where you feel like you did something one more time.
Speaker 4: US military is not currently conducting strikes in Iran. My gosh, billy bad. But a lot of questions for the White House.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: One of the things that I have just absolutely come to terms with as a grown adult living in the United States of America is when you are a kid, you have zero fear of storms and lightning and thunder and all of that good stuff that comes along with it. And when you are an adult, every year that goes by, you get more scared of the lightning strikes.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: That's Maybe that's just me, maybe yourself. I could it could be a me thing, Josh, it could be. But I'm telling you, every year that goes by, I'm like, oh, man, like will be outside a little.
Speaker 2: Bit of lightning. I'll go this is no joke, man.
Speaker 3: You can easily get caught up in a storm like this next thing, you know, rip me.
Speaker 1: And I don't want that to be the case, at least not yet. I'm not done. You don't think lightning strike Hell no, I don't have it in me Steland. It's like a little baby. Lightning strike might take me out. Could be the tiniest storm ever, no storm clouds or anything. So I got to be very careful. And if it's not the storms, the heat rolls through. It's so hot out there. A meteorologist issued his first ever swamp ass warning for the entire state of what I think I said it without stuttering. But take a look if you need to. There's a swamp ass warning. The gator. The gator with some short is not This is not like a TV meteorologist. Yeah, this is a real guy, Matt Duvit, Matt Devitt WX. It does seem quite a bit like that, doesn't what TV station.
Speaker 2: Does Matt Devot work for? I don't know.
Speaker 1: But he's got a suit and tie in his PfP. So that seems legit. I think it says seems legit from it says meteorologist in Florida, and it says swamp ass warning.
Speaker 2: Florida heat index for the next.
Speaker 1: Three days, no local over the air TV station issuing a damn swamp ass warning.
Speaker 3: You know why, because they're all cowards. If they did, if some meteorologists went on TV and he was like, y'all swamp ass warning today, the chances that your thighs and ass cheeks are gonna be rubbing together in a very uncomfortable way are through the roof right now.
Speaker 6: So this guy, I think, used to be employed in Fort Myers and right now he's a free agent because everything he posts just says Matt Devitt Weather Upward.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, channel would yeah.
Speaker 3: Well see, there's a lot of room for social media, whether people, I guess these days, although what are the top comments is blocked and unfollowed, whether as fear propaganda is pathetic, and he said, good grief, laugh a little by, and I think fear propaganda.
Speaker 1: I'm this is a joke. Like I look, I get like the heat index stuff is sort of a little bit feury and you know, kind of a more new thing from the last thirty years or so. I wonder is this ai or did he find or seek out a picture of a gator with sweaty butt cheeks.
Speaker 2: No shot, he aied this.
Speaker 3: This is a gator looking back over his shoulder with short shorts on, sweaty butt cheeks, and a full on swamp ass warning. So it's hot out there. It's hot in every single state in the Union right now. It's hot in New York, it's hot in California, It's cod all of them, Hawaii, all of them. Maybe Guam. Just do a Guam check if we can. What is Guam looking like weather wise today? I just want to check all of our territories. I know Puerto Rico's hot as hell. They're right there.
Speaker 6: They're like, it's eighty two degrees in Guam right now. They got it good.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: Better than we are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's better than we are here.
Speaker 3: But we have few resources when it gets this hot, other than the air conditioning we have over the French. We've got that going on, but we do have some other things. Now, if you are in a place where you happen to have beaches, have no fear when the warm weather comes. You dive near the pier as they say, that's a legendary, legendary slogan, and you go out there, you go to the ocean, you enjoy yourself. In California, it's hot. People are going to the beach. Let's check in on them before we get into all the drama and everything else. On a Friday, at least they're enjoying the beaches.
Speaker 7: Millions pack La County beaches to escape the heat. Signs are up along some of the coast warning of high bacteria levels associated with fecal contamination.
Speaker 1: Oh no, smelled something walking up. But when you're in California, just ignoying it.
Speaker 2: This family from Buffalo visit.
Speaker 1: What does that mean? Just I smell California? You just the poop smell?
Speaker 3: Is that the rep for California right now, like literally, like, you know, I smelled something coming up, But California does smell like feces, as we all know. The Chinese guy comes by no longer smells. But for most people this is something I guess you're getting used to.
Speaker 1: When you get off the plane at LAX, they're like, thank you for visiting beautiful Los Angeles. If you think you smell poop, No you didn't, it was no, it was don't tell anybody. Don't post that on social media.
Speaker 3: So they try to go to the beach to cool off in this house, Santa Monica Pear.
Speaker 7: Now, avoiding the water swimming wasn't in the plan for today.
Speaker 1: There are signs out here there. It was hot. Yeah, it was. It was for at least some of these people.
Speaker 3: They got signs and it says like, hey, it's got the swimmer with the waves drawn on and the line through it, like hey, don't go swimming here.
Speaker 1: And people are just ignoring them. A bunch of us. A lot of people are seeing them. What does that mean exactly?
Speaker 8: Like here's mucky on the toilet for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yees, yeah, she's out. The lady with a mom and hats like see you later. I'm out of here, go do my mom and somewhere else.
Speaker 3: This this guy, I guess, has just been swimming in the feces water in California and he didn't know.
Speaker 2: And they had it on live TV.
Speaker 3: They or during the report at least they're like, come over here, look at the signs.
Speaker 2: See what this is.
Speaker 1: But it's nice.
Speaker 7: Blake Sefferson had been swimming that's valve until we showed him the warning.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I'm not getting back in. That's disgusting, right, He covered it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not going to back in there. We just saw you.
Speaker 3: They literally just ran b roll of Blake in the water with the water going up over your head. Blake, I mean, come on, we all know what's going on here.
Speaker 7: Had been swimming that's vouve until we showed him the warning.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, I'm not getting back in that's disgusting. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No, six hundred and fifty thousand gastrow and testing all diseases attributed to swimming in this water right here annually.
Speaker 7: Ashley Olsen with the California Coastal Alliance regularly test ocean water.
Speaker 1: Pretty cool, Ashley, I guess you I made a job out of this, so she fashion wasn't working out.
Speaker 3: She has a little collection of the ocean water things and she tests them. Some of them look quite dark. I have to tell you a lot of poop water going on there that.
Speaker 1: Have made a whole lot more money if you would have just said yes to Fuller House. Probably she looks a little bit like ocean water.
Speaker 5: You can smell it right now.
Speaker 1: You can smell smells like poop.
Speaker 7: She says, what ends up on our beaches can come from miles away. Great Box eleven has previously reported on potion concerns across the area, from the Boyle Heights warehouse fire.
Speaker 1: To herbicides sprayed into water, some kind of poison in that they showed them. First of all, the first thing the report shows, folks, is when the hobos were living underneath the streets, in the manholes, in the sewers, And they showed that, and they're like, it could be coming from miles away. Is it coming from the sewers, Is it coming from the like the pesticides, or are people literally pooping in the water.
Speaker 2: Is that the case?
Speaker 3: Because that you might not want to believe it happens, but it does sometimes. They have got many theories as to why this is a curraz.
Speaker 7: And a has Matt clean out from an encampment inside an LA City storm drain everything that's.
Speaker 4: On our street, all the trash, all the poop is going down our storm drains indirectly untreated onto our beaches and into the ocean.
Speaker 9: So why.
Speaker 1: Can we stop.
Speaker 2: Guy bookeyboarding right into the poop water?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 2: I love how we just say things like this.
Speaker 1: It's like everything in the sewers, the lady living in her own filth, her wastewater, all of the poop, you know, as you might imagine, we just dump that, completely untreated into the beach. Now, you might know from listening to this show, I'm not like some beatnik, you know, earth loving, huggin type person.
Speaker 3: I'm not some environmentalist. This is not the type of person I am. However, I do, legit think we should take care of the country, we should take care of the planet. We should make sure we're not dumping stuff into the ocean. We should make sure our beaches and rivers are clean and beautiful.
Speaker 2: And maybe that makes me a hippie. If so, I'm a hippie.
Speaker 3: But when I look at this and I go, we're just dumping this stuff in the ocean so it's hot, and then you can't even go into the ocean because it's full of poop.
Speaker 2: This is the life. The only way to fix it.
Speaker 3: For those of you that know, we have so many things to get into today, we want.
Speaker 1: To hear from you.
Speaker 3: You can join us with emails, of course, I'll get to a couple of those in a moment or dispatches record years over on the news junkie dot com or the app links to that. Also on the website. A couple of emails coming in. Here is Karra to Tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. She's talking about lightning storms. Strangely enough, Kara says, Hello, Sean, just listening to you in West Palm Beach. Recently, I decided that I needed to take a shower. It's a strange way to start an email, Kara.
Speaker 1: Kara, seven days is too much. I've got to do it. She says, I saw a lightning flash. Just so happy to be while it was storming out.
Speaker 3: I saw a lightning flash and immediately there was a huge thunder. My foot just so happened to be on the drain, and I most definitely got shocked from the lightning it came up through the drain. She says, Luckily was just a shock. It was scary for sure, and I will not be showering while it's storming out again, says Kara from North Palm Beach. Thank you for the email. Kevin emails about a rant on the show yesterday. Kevin says, hey, Sean, been listening since the five Am days. For those of you who are new, that was a long time ago, he said, love the show today. You went on a rant about humanities and social science degrees, specifically at Harvard.
Speaker 2: Quick pause in his email.
Speaker 3: This was because there's a story in the Atlantic called the End of Reading about how college kids I think thirty three percent of them, or so around thirty percent of them. These kids at Harvard, in particular, if they read three to five pages of anything, a book or report, whatever, they have no ability to distill that information. They've lost the ability to do this. They see reading as a waste of time. They think, why are you teaching us this way? Just teach us in Cliff's notes basically, and I said, not only is that bad, but it could be worse. Some of these kids are in the social sciences program because that's where one of the teachers were. Then, this is Kevin continuing on the email. Both of my kids graduated from Ivy League schools. My daughter graduated from UPenn with a degree in public policy with a focus on health. She lives in New York City and does very well. My son graduated from Harvard with a degree in linguistics. He then earned his law degree from the University of Michigan School of Law, one of the best law schools in the country. He's now working at the Public Defender's Office in Portland. Now, not everybody who attends an elite college is looking to make bank keep up the work, says Kevin.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Sure.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm just saying if I was going to give.
Speaker 3: People advice, first of all, I wouldn't say, just default go to college. I wouldn't say just by default you should just go to college.
Speaker 2: I think about what.
Speaker 3: You want to do, what's your goal, what's your mission, what's your journey in life, what do you want to do. It's tough to do as a young person, but I think you should and if that requires college, one hundred percent, you should get yourself educated, right.
Speaker 1: I think that that's important.
Speaker 3: Now, if you have these aimless young kids and they just choose social sciences and humanities and some of this stuff, I think generally speaking, that's going to be a bad investment of your time. You're not going to end up as a super employable person. Your kids seem to be pretty stand out, though, and congratulations to you for that. Here's Theodore with an email to tips at the Newsjunki dot com.
Speaker 2: He says, Hey, guys, did you see this?
Speaker 3: Kathleen Tierney posted a Game of Thrones gif it was Circe, one of the characters in Game of Thrones, watching an explosion captioned watching tonight's council meeting on a Tempe councilman's Facebook page. The police treated that gift as a threat. They evacuated the council chambers and arrested her at her Tucson home. Prosecutors later declined to press charges, but she says the arrest in the city's public statement about her cost her a one hundred and twenty one thousand dollars a year job at Coxcommunications. She's now suing them for first, fourth and fourteenth Amendment violations, False arrest, and defamation. Is the real story here less about whether the gift crossed the line, and more about whether cities are using threat allegations as a fast, unaccountable way to punish people from mocking officials online, with arrests and press releases doing the damage long before any prosecutor or court weighs in. Have the best day, go secret shows, says Theodore. Thank you for the email. Yeah, I think I mean, that's legitimately an interesting question. If if Selion sends me a text message and it says good morning, Sean and I sent him back a gift, like an animated gift, and in it it's somebody shooting a gun at the screen, implying that I'm shooting Sea Lane. Have I threatened him? I mean that, like, these aren't words, I didn't type anything. But yet people get wrapped up in this.
Speaker 1: And is there a real person with a real gun shooting the screen or is it a mythical character from Game of Thrones or I don't know, SpongeBob SquarePants.
Speaker 3: Uh, it could be either. It really, it could be either. Some magazines late there. I mean, I haven't I haven't tried it yet, but I wonder like that we're kind of new into that world of law, so we shall see where that all goes.
Speaker 1: Also, is there a precedent for people who have committed horrific acts posting memes about them beforehand? Why? I mean, uh, well, not that. I not that that really matters. It's starting to sound like you're planning something. I'm saying, like you're a thing, this woman because of the Game of Thrones meme. Yeah, has there been a historical like trend of people who would blow up a building? Not that in memes beforehand? Yeah, not that I know of Yeah, I don't think you have the ability back then, Josh, all right, quick break. When we come back, we'll get into more of your emails. Some people all fired up today.
Speaker 3: We have a new information in the Mitch McConnell situation, which is pretty interesting, so we'll dive into that, and we have a whole lot more to get to. It's a busy, busy Friday on the show, so hang out with us. That's all coming up next in the News Junkie. I feel like this is a setup, Honest to god, it's this is a setup. That's what's happening to me. And I know that you the listener, are involved in this. So I just I want to point this out very quickly. Here here's what's happening. I have been accused of focusing on too many airplane slash airline related stories on the News Junkie.
Speaker 2: All right, and it's gotten so bad.
Speaker 3: There's so many airplane airport related stories that Sea Land has made a song that mocks me when I focus on, what are these stories that happened to occur on a verage catchy song. Yes it's a very catchy song, I agree, but I'm just saying, like I recognize there are a lot of viral stories that occur on planes, but it's not the plane junkie, it's the news junkie. So I try to spread things out, all sorts of things out there happening in the world each day. Now it just so happens that almost every day this week, the top story emailed to me at tips on the Tips ofthews junkie dot com is plane related. And I'm like, all you people are emailing me story, and then you want me to talk about the story. And then when I talk about the story, you tell me I'm talking about airplanes again.
Speaker 1: So it doesn't seem fair to me, honestly, Are we doing it or not doing it? Yeah, we're gonna do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we might as.
Speaker 1: Well do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is a story about a Ryan airplane.
Speaker 10: I want to check your apply to surprise, it's a tough stories as long as it flies wild, insane.
Speaker 1: And as you bet a guest, where a plane?
Speaker 2: What am I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: They're emailing me the stories, they email the stories, and then they say, hey, once you do them, you're talking about planes too much. Abraham Dragon friends, what is this says?
Speaker 2: What is this called? Confirmation bias.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's confirmation bias. I think that this is a prank. I think that this is people saying, Hey, what we want to do is we want to send this to you and then call you out on it afterwards, and then if I don't do it, they'll tell me that I'm not reading the emails and I'm being rude or whatever. I'll get some sort of claim like that. So this is a true story, absolutely insane and honestly worth getting hit with the back on a plane song because this is a man who was auto play videos. I'm going to murder somebody. I'm going to do it. It was a problem, mister dad. Josh, Oh my god, I can't take it anymore, these websites. Okay, this is a ryanairplane that was bound for Germany and passengers aboard the plane.
Speaker 1: According to this story I'm looking at.
Speaker 3: They had to pull a man back inside the aircraft after he was partially sucked out of the plane. All right, So there on the plane there's some huge malfunction and this guy's getting sucked out of the plane window and all the passengers are trying to pull this guy back inside which is pretty brave in and of itself.
Speaker 2: I don't know if most of you.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you would if you saw somebody getting sucked out of the plane, if you would put yourself in harm's way to try to pull them back through the window or not. Witnesses have described seeing a man's head and shoulders outside of the Boeing seven thirty seven.
Speaker 1: Where his knees and toes inside the plane, still unreported. Josh unreported after him, he's done for man. I can tell you I'm not getting up on the plane and helping him. If the knees are out the window, like if you got a fingertip out, I might go all assists. Let me see if I can help you pull you back into the plane. Here meep on. TJ. Chat says, this is happening too often now. It's very eerily familiar because we had had a story very similar to this not that long ago in the show.
Speaker 2: But this is a new one. And so they said.
Speaker 1: The man's head and shoulders were outside of the Bowing seven thirty seven after a passenger window shattered while the plane was traveling from Greece to Germany. The man's legs were reportedly held down by nearby passengers before he was able to be pulled back inside of the plane. The plane was forced to return to the airport, where this sixty one year old man was hospitalized with what they call friction burns. I wonder if that was from the wind from the like the you can get wind burns when you're like moving that fast through the air. I imagine the plane is moving at a pretty pretty hefty pace.
Speaker 3: What are they going four hundred miles an hour, five hundred miles an hour or something the hall and at three hundred and fifty miles an hour, they're going pretty fast up there. So yeah, I would have thought Sea Lane that his body would have been sort of whipping against the plane itself and that would have been where the damage happened. But they said the aircraft landed normally. The passengers returned to the terminal. Here's a photo for those of you watching on YouTube, and you could see the passenger window is smashed out. And I've been told so many times to go don't worry, Sean, it's safe. There's two different panels for the window. Well they're they're both completely busted out of this Ryanair flight and that's where the man was pulled through. Now, I have a theory on the show, and I've talked about this many times. It's a guiding compass for me in life. And if you buy stuff in your life and things that you have, you can buy stuff that is too big to steal in my estimation, and you can buy like you can buy a big screen TV for your house, so big that if somebody breaks in, they're gonna get frustrated, they won't be able to steal the television. Then if you buy stuff big enough, you can buy stuff that is too big to steal.
Speaker 2: It's like too big to fail.
Speaker 3: But it's for you and your house, and it protects you from the robbers if the city and state is letting you down.
Speaker 2: So you can buy stuff that's too big to steel.
Speaker 3: I think you could be too big to get sucked out of the plane like this. I think there's a particular sized guy that ain't fitting through that plane window that.
Speaker 1: I must have been small, because those windows are not big. They're not josh, they're like, I mean, the whole thing is what twenty inches tall? Maybe I think that's generous. Yeah, maybe it's not big. It's not a huge window that you have.
Speaker 3: You guys have all been on a plane at some point in time, yep, and you look at that and go, how on earth could this happen?
Speaker 1: God only knows, but I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I would fit out of there, and it would be the first time that I'd be happy about something.
Speaker 1: The uh which aircraft has the largest windows for passengers? That's a it's a weird way of putting that, now that we know what's just happened. Uh huh, it's not one. Well, I mean, people would want a bigger one to look out of. But in this case, you know, this passenger, you know, almost got sucked out of it. Seven eighty seven is eighteen point four inches by ten point seven or not even the twenty or twenty two that you were thinking. God, that's I mean, I don't think I could fit out of that. A three fifty even smaller thirteen and a half by nine and a half. Uh, and then a three thirty twelve point three by nine. My god, So this guy was small enough to get pulled out of that all the way up to did they say his shoulders? I think yeah, So the shoulders were out I thought and his shoulders like outside of the plane flying along.
Speaker 3: It's just terrifying. It's something out of an absolute horror movie. But it's no real life experience for people on this Ryanair flight.
Speaker 1: I guess now. You said that there are people that are too big to get sucked out of a plane. However, that doesn't necessarily mean that all of them is too big to get sucked out of the plane. And that's where you run into like a really bit because if you get, if you get half sucked out of the plane, and then you plug that window and you're though your whole body can't come out, but the rest of you is outside of the plane while the half of you was inside the plane.
Speaker 3: You're just saying, you're like a cork. Yeah, so your body is meant the windows. It's good for you that you won't fully leave the plane.
Speaker 1: However, well, then your head is outside and then people on the inside are like, oh, well, don't move them until you're pulling. No, you gotta be pulling back in the probably can't breathe out there.
Speaker 11: No.
Speaker 3: But if they if they uncork you and pull you into the plane, then they're risking all of their lives. Yeah, So they would probably say, like, Sea Lane, just stay there with you?
Speaker 1: Is it me?
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just saying it's like, could be anybody, but why I'm talking to you Sea Lane. So like, see Lane, just stay there and you can imagine your shoulderspin.
Speaker 1: Anybody have a tape, missus.
Speaker 3: Somebody worked this up with with AI. For me, what would it look like if just Sea Lane's head was popping out of a seven thirty seven window as the plane is flying along a cruising altitude. All the passengers are saying, like, let's just leave them out there because we don't want to mess it's working right now, and they says should be turned around and go back to the air. No, we're you know, just fly to our destination at seven hours.
Speaker 1: It'll be okay, pretty rare that I'm in a window seat anyway, so it's not even a concern for me.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, man, if the if it's sucking hard enough, it could pull you in from any seat on the plane, I think if it wanted to. But let us know what you think. I'll put a photo of this up on See It now. That's where we show things that are visual to you on the website and the app and you can go over to the News Junkie dot Com hit the see it Now menu, Presto bango. Just like that, you'll be able to see the hole in the window on the side of this thing. And it's just a miracle that the guy you know that he's alive. I guess you could say pretty crazy, but let's see man sucked out of window of Ryanair flight perfect beautiful, beautiful stuff. Got this up for you over on the see it Now section ofthewsjunkie dot Com.
Speaker 1: What did I do here? Okay, there we go.
Speaker 2: That is ready for you. Take a look.
Speaker 3: When you get a chance, show a friend and joy your life and realize the at least whatever happened in your day today, at least you didn't end up like this guy. You didn't have that situation happening. We're going to take quick break. When we come back, we've got to get into an update on the Mitch McConnell's story that I was talking about. We'll work that in here momentarily. We'll also get some of your emails in on the show. All of that is coming up next. I'm going to use junkie.
Speaker 1: Mitch McConnell still missing an action, still missing an action. We don't exactly know what's going on with the sitting senator from Kentucky right now. And I mean, one would think that the least you could ask from your elected officials is that you know they are alive, right, I know they're alive. They're out there representing me, and that's like the very least that you could ask in these situations. However, we're not getting that anymore. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The one guy that we briefly talked about on the show who was missing for four months and then when he came back, he was like, sorry, guys, I was a super depressed and the depression made it so I didn't go to work.
Speaker 2: At all and I didn't do anything.
Speaker 1: Now, I kind of like in some ways that maybe this is going to limit the careers of some of these people. Because my take on all of this, if you haven't heard it on the show, it's a pretty simple one. I view people who go to.
Speaker 3: Congress elected officials of any type, even your local elected officials. I kind of view them like mechanics, all right, And let's say your car is broken and you hire a mechanic to do it. It shouldn't take the mechanic for the rest of their life. To fix the problems with your car. They should go all right, here are the issues that are facing the people that elected me, my constituents. Let me go into the office and write them all down on a whiteboard and check them off and get all of the things done that I possibly can. If you brought your car to a mechanic and they said, we just need sixty five years to fix this, you would laugh in their faces. Yet, this is what happens with a lot of these elected officials.
Speaker 1: They just go on and on and on and on and on and on, no term limits, no nothing. They become a billion years old. It's just how it goes.
Speaker 3: Some of them are too depressed to go to work, and others, like Mitch McConnell, we don't know, we don't know what's going on. I know that the first thing that popped up was there was a medical emergency at Mitch McConnell, the senator from Kentucky, at his house, and the medical emergency involved I think somebody doing CPR, so he had stop breathing. He was in really, really bad shape. He obviously had some issues before that, some spells you might call them.
Speaker 1: Before that and then continued on with his job. But this time, no one had really heard from Mitch McConnell in days, maybe weeks at this point. And then you heard a couple of people pop up, like the one of the guys.
Speaker 2: From CNN said, Oh, I talked to him.
Speaker 1: He's good.
Speaker 2: He's he's actually he might be too good.
Speaker 3: Big flashbacks of Biden's staff where they go, oh my god, you know, we were playing b ball with him behind the White House the other day and he wouldn't stop dunking on us. And you're like, I don't I don't think that that's true. I don't know that that's what's happening.
Speaker 1: Here. They're kind of doing the same thing a little bit with Mitch McConnell. Here. The people of Kentucky deserve better than that. They literally deserve better than that.
Speaker 3: But now we see that they've released some footage that's supposed to show Mitch McConnell being pushed into an ambulance right here. I can't really see him, but this is outside of his residence, not right.
Speaker 1: And then you see like you see like a leg, You see like.
Speaker 3: A leg going into the air, like a barefoot Yeah, that that is allegedly Mitch McConnell being shoved into the ambulance.
Speaker 1: The leg is not moving. This is the only evidence we have of anything. This happened back on when did it say? This happened on June fourteenth, that's almost a month ago.
Speaker 2: So he says, is that a toe tag?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I know there's a foot. I know there's a foot. I see a foot inside an ambulance. I don't see the foot moving very much. I read somewhere somebody pointed out that it didn't seem like they were moving super fast. No, they didn't seem to be like really hauling ass. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Where's his wife's Abraham says over on chat. His wife is in China. It's as one would be in an emergency like this. Yeah, his wife has made her way to China. So it's been about a month. Everybody's asking. He's talked to at least two people, but he hasn't done.
Speaker 3: What I said would just be the easyest thing in the world, which is pick up the phone, dial up Fox News or whatever outlet you want to and go, hey, folks, feeling a little under the weather here, but I think I'm going to be back in better than ever, very very quickly here, and I can't wait to go represent Kentucky for the remainder of my term.
Speaker 1: But just want to let you know more weeks. Yeah, I'm I'm still alive. You know, I'm still alive. I'm okay out here. Bandit says it's okay to get old. It happens, it is. It's fine to get old, and it's a great thing that you should embrace. But I want you to embrace it out of an elected political office. That's what I'm looking for in these cases. They keep bothering the neighbors out there too. They keep going after the neighbors and asking them questions. Here's one of the neighbors talking, he says. The neighbor who spoke to CNN say they saw emergency responders bring the person on the stretcher out from McConnell's residence about thirty minutes after first noticing emergency vehicles blocking the streets. The neighbors said they were taking back by the person's feet being uncovered in the video. We saw that too.
Speaker 3: We did McConnell's residence, the address of which CNN corroborated with public records, is visible in the video, which was shot the day his team said he was hospitalized. He's in a stretcher and he's in some sort of orange foam looking blanket type thing, the neighbor said. The neighbor said, they looked at McConnell's feet, which were uncovered, and we're quote not moving right, not moving, which is going to start all sorts of conspiracies. He's in a stretcher, he's in some sort of orange foam looking blanket thing, and his feet are not moving. The neighbor said, Well, they did not see McConnell's face. Other on the others on the block did. Somebody said, oh it's Mitch. I saw his face. Then there's the EMS audio where you hear that somebody had a cardiac arrest, that there was CPR in progress. I mean, it seems like they would be too big of a thing to have a huge conspiracy, like nobody at the hospital, nobody at the morgue. No, like if he was really dead, like to keep all those people quiet might be a thing, but if everybody is speculating that you're dead, it is the easiest thing on planet Earth to just pick up a phone and be like, ay.
Speaker 1: Well, on the flip side, wouldn't it be public record if he was dead? Like, wouldn't they have to issue a death certificate?
Speaker 3: I believe so, right, otherwise they would be breaking some sort.
Speaker 1: Of law, right, I assume. I don't know which one it would be, but there is something that would be happening there unless there's some sort of like really old law that they haven't updated in decades. There was like, you have a few months to issue the death certificate. You know, the things don't have to be handled right away. Maybe I don't know. We got to see what happens here next.
Speaker 3: I know that the neighbors are probably tired of it, because the neighbors are just being hounded by people.
Speaker 2: People are going up like what.
Speaker 1: Did you see?
Speaker 2: What do you know?
Speaker 3: Have you heard anything about Mitch McConnell. Easy problem to solve, but it hasn't been solved yet.
Speaker 1: For some reason.
Speaker 3: All we got is a foot that ain't moving in the back of an ambulance.
Speaker 1: The part the part where the neighbors said that you saw Mitch's foot. When I first read it, I thought it said the neighbor said it looked like Mitch's foot, and I was like, you know what, your neighbors, I know that old feet look like what the hell? Josh, do you think you can pick Sea Lan's feet out of a lineup? Yes? You think?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's yes, I think easy. He's worn flip flops around me enough times. I know what his feet looked like.
Speaker 1: You got you got an eye on. There's also the size.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got big feet.
Speaker 3: His shoes are like what fifteen sixteen's Yeah, so that would be noticing.
Speaker 2: I got to pick my wife's feet.
Speaker 1: Out of a lineup on account of she has the smallest toenails known to man, Like my kid has bigger toenails than like some of those smaller ones down there. That's good.
Speaker 3: You want to have identifiable characteristics, right, this is good. God forbid. Something happens you're like, oh my god, those toenails. You think I'm kidding about the neighbors being hounded over this? Look, this is what that lady did to one of the neighbors.
Speaker 1: Happened.
Speaker 12: I didn't see him come out, but oh you saw the paramedics here. Have you seen any family has has any No.
Speaker 1: Family I haven't seen anyone going from there, Yeah, because I know is Capitol Police detail. They're they're over at the hospital. So I just thought. I so, his.
Speaker 12: Wife, Elaine Chow, was found in China three days after he went into cardiac arrest, so we're trying to figure out where she is. It doesn't look like she has come back to the house. So I was wondering, have you have you seen her at all?
Speaker 1: I haven't seen. I hear somebody else on the block too.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there's anything like, oh my god, can handle what's have it? Somebody is like preaching in the background, But this is what's happening to the neighbors in Mitch McConnell's neighborhood. It's just like, okay, this is this is a big enough of an issue. All you have to do is pop up and say hey, I'm okay, I'm doing all right, or this could be the outcome.
Speaker 1: Uh this is a banger tweet.
Speaker 3: Actually, somebody by the name of Casual Thursday tweeted, you're all gonna feel really stupid when Mitch returns to the Senate with an amazing BBL which is maybe the most hilarious outcome I could ever think of nobody, said Mitch d Stallion.
Speaker 1: If he just came with a big butt implant. And I don't know what's going on. I hope he's okay.
Speaker 3: I don't wish bad on anybody out there, but I do think that people who elect folks to represent them deserve somebody who's working.
Speaker 2: And if you haven't been seen in a month and.
Speaker 1: We don't know if you're alive or not, you're not really working, are you?
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think.
Speaker 3: But the latest is Mitch McConnell loaded into an ambulance after an apparent cardiac arrest. Question Mark Scalore out there, give us your thoughts, your theories, and all the rest.
Speaker 2: You can also email the show.
Speaker 3: In fact, a couple of emails coming in on a pick a side we did recently. This was with the female cop where she was yelling at the street preacher and said that she was going to give him a ticket for offensive speech.
Speaker 1: She said, like you, your speech is offensive. If somebody complains it says your speech is offensive, I will ticket you, she said. And Travis emails about this. Travis says, about that dumb ass cop giving a ticket. That cop is retarded and giving out tickets with no constitutional reasoning. The tax money that will be continually wasted take these things to court is such an unbelievable waste. Just like the people fired for saying negative things about Charlie Kirk after his murder. Some of them got fired and then they now won millions in court.
Speaker 3: It's all a big waste of money, he says, And then t X says the Texas penal code.
Speaker 1: The cop is right.
Speaker 3: Please please stop bashing the Texas police officer when you are the one who is in fact ignorant to the law. See the attack attached Texas penal code. The officer wasn't stopping their freedom of speech. She was clearly trying to enforce the Texas law. They might not have been cussing, but they were breaching the piece, says this particular person who sends over an email to tips at the Newschunkie dot com fully and completely disagree. The penal code that this person sent over is just like asking AI says. Cursing in public is not automatically illegal in Texas under Texas Penal Code forty two oh one for disorderly conduct. It becomes illegal if your abusive and decent, profane or vulgar in your language in a public place that tends to insight in an immediate breach of the piece. Fully disagree. This guy was within his constitutional right to speak, whether you liked it or not, and there is no law that runs a foul of this, Texas or otherwise. But thank you for the email. Appreciate that Tips of the Neewsjunkie dot com.
Speaker 1: You could be next.
Speaker 2: We'll see what you.
Speaker 1: Got for us. We got an AI radio station coming for our jobs.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit frightening. And when we come back, we got to pick aside. We got another pick aside for you. And Sea Lane censored this for me this morning because it's kind of a wild ride from what I hear. Have you already lined up on a side on this particular click?
Speaker 1: Oh kind of yeah, I'm leaning towards an outcome. But then I also only mostly listen to this, and then when I watched one part of it, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, wait a second, so you'll you'll get there. It's pretty epic. We'll see what happens, we'll see what side.
Speaker 1: Can wait for all of you to go, oh wait a second, Yeah, it'll happen the wait, A second moment is coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 3: Before we get to this, pick a side that I wanted to work in. There is a story that's making the rounds, and I feel like I want to point this out just because everybody seems to be like one line of thought on this and I just totally completely disagree.
Speaker 2: And I'm not trying to be contrarian or anything.
Speaker 1: But there's a video out there that started going viral and the woman.
Speaker 2: Took it down.
Speaker 3: She took the video down because this woman posted a video and in it she's kayaking along some Florida river and as she's, you know, rolling along in an little kayak thing or whatever. As she's rolling along, an alligator swims up beside her.
Speaker 2: Have you guys seen this or heard about this at all?
Speaker 1: I have not.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll even show you because I think WESH two News captured the video before it was deleted by the person who posted it.
Speaker 1: Now there's a.
Speaker 3: Big investigation going on. They want charges for this woman. Some people want this woman thrown in jail. I just I can't understand what the hell is going on here, because.
Speaker 1: We are we just not supposed to pet animals. I think that's it.
Speaker 3: But let me just show you and explain, so everybody gets on the same page.
Speaker 13: Here.
Speaker 3: I think this is so overblown, this is so ridiculous, But here it is. This is the story about this investigation over this woman's video she posted online and it involves her and she's.
Speaker 1: In a cayo.
Speaker 14: Therefore, an investigation is under her way into a viral video which shows a woman petting an alligator.
Speaker 1: Well, she has confirmed FWC is looking into it. Which was the video which was shot at a state park in Marion County. She was every ever, it breaks down what we know. Here's what we now.
Speaker 15: I first saw it on Facebook. Someone had shared it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so's she's in more of a canoe. I guess I don't know. She's in a canoe. She's got a paddle. Was that a clear canoe? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, it's clear canoe. You want to be in a clear canoe in some of these some of these waters.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess that means she's got a clear shot at all the light wildlife around her, and so she sees that this alligator comes up next to her.
Speaker 14: Joshuast Wander says he wanted to see her after seeing that video showing a woman.
Speaker 2: Okay there.
Speaker 3: So the alligator starts swimming alongside her clear canoe, and the woman reaches out and puts her hand on the alligator's back and just briefly touches the alligator and they're sangle. She tried to pet the alligator, and there was like a push to go after this woman in charge her. I was like, is this what we really want to do? Is this like, is this legitimately what people want to do.
Speaker 1: I understand if somebody is throwing rocks at a manatee or she if she whacked him with the ore, Yeah, yeah, like, well move on her part.
Speaker 2: I think the punishment would be a little faster.
Speaker 1: But and if the alligator bitter, I'd be supporting the alligator. But this woman is on a canoe, a clear canoe. She's rowing along very slowly in the water. The alligator's surface is right next to her. She sees the alligator and puts her hand out on the alligator's back by its tail and sort of rubs her hand on the back of the alligator for just a second. I think that's a fair characterization of what happened.
Speaker 3: In this video, and if that is a fair casecharacter exation, you guys agree that that's like it was a very brief, little kind of like touch. Sure on the I'll play it again for those of you who are watching, possibly just to say, hey, I touched an alligator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did it, all right, I reached out. I touched an alligator.
Speaker 15: There was when I first saw it on Facebook, someone had shared it.
Speaker 1: Did you get that? Yeah? I got it.
Speaker 14: Joshuast Wander says he wanted to speak up after seeing that video showing a woman petting an alligator out in the wild.
Speaker 1: They are apex predators.
Speaker 15: We need to respect the moment we're in their environment.
Speaker 3: Okay, nerd Okay, I like, I don't want to come full force for this guy, because I'm sure he's got good intentions.
Speaker 2: Best intentions, I'm sure, but just in.
Speaker 1: A very knowing what in the which hunt are you doing here? Somebody on YouTube says it was illegal? I ask you the question, should this be illegal?
Speaker 2: Okay? Should If that is illegal, let's just say that.
Speaker 3: It's a literally illegal to touch an alligator, like an alligator sitting there. You touch the tail of an alligator and you've now committed to crime. Let's just say, oh, grant you. I don't even know if it is, but let's say that that's illegal. Should we be charging people, investigating people, arresting people who put their hand on the back of an alligator for a split second? What a stupid waste of time. There are so many things to be legitimately outraged by. Do we think this woman is some animal hating lunatic who's trying to kill all of the alligators? Yes, Also, isn't it a little bit crazy? We literally have alligator hunts where people can kill them and tag them and bring them in.
Speaker 1: But if a woman.
Speaker 3: Massages the back of the alligator for three seconds, we're like, oh, my goodness, let's investigate.
Speaker 1: Who cares? That's ridiculous. I mean, it's looking like it is illegal, it says. In Florida, state laws such as Florida Statute Section three seven nine point four to nine make it a crime to potentially kill injured possessor capture an alligator. Harassment includes touching, poking, chasing, or intentionally disturbing the touching. I guess it's just ridiculous. We have a lot of laws that are ridiculous. In my opinion. People might agree with you, Guys might disagree with me. That's why I said, I don't know if this is even a hot take or not. X con says, Yeah, anything that can make an.
Speaker 3: Alligator more comfortable around being around humans needs to be punished.
Speaker 2: How investigate this lady?
Speaker 1: What charge her?
Speaker 3: Find her? Throw her in jail for touching an alligator? Does that apply to every single animal that you see? This is stupid. What a complete and total waste of time. Like imagine for a second, you were sitting out on your lawn or something, and a little bird flies by, and the bird, as you're sitting there, lands right on your fingertip and looks at you, and you go, oh my god. You take your other hand and you just barely pat the top of that bird's head. And then the bird just majestically flies off into the distance and goes somewhere else. And then somebody comes up goes put your hands up, freeze.
Speaker 1: You just abuse the wildlife. You can't touch them.
Speaker 3: We also heard you were touching butterflies earlier, Like this is stupid. The point of these laws is to protect animals. This animal isn't in any danger. This woman doesn't hate the alligators. You're not trying to kill the alligator. Use your head for a second. Maybe I'm missing something. Hold on, is there another detail that changes my mind?
Speaker 14: Is a wildlife photographer and is known on social media as Florida Guide Josh. He says the tours he often takes people on are at the Silver Spring State Park and that's where the location is.
Speaker 1: Josh's had more than two point.
Speaker 14: One million views on TikTok and has been reposted across the internet. So understitch the original video himself to call for an investigation from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commition.
Speaker 15: Sure, not only are they putting themselves at risk, but also they're putting the lives at risk of the future people that are going to be out there.
Speaker 1: Josh, whatever this is is the equivalent of like a wildlife Karen.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there's a name for this, but there's that's one hundred percent what you are, Josh, not you, Josh, the other Josh whatever man the wildlife Josh.
Speaker 1: This is one hundred percent you being some sort of wildlife Karen.
Speaker 2: You have decided you.
Speaker 3: Are going to be the spokesperson for the animals and you've found the really bad woman who was swimming around or I guess moving around in her canoe and touch the back of an alligator and you now are trying to turn her in like that is every bit of Karen behavior. You're a wildlife Karen, that's one hundred percent what you are. Normal people aren't getting together and being like this woman is a criminal. We do need to clean up the streets, she said. We should start with her. That's how we're going to fix this stuff.
Speaker 1: I mean there is a little bit I think to the argument where if you're making gators more comfortable around humans, they might be more likely to get closer to them, and bad stuff will happen. I mean, that's the whole reason you don't feed them, you know, keep the alligators, because they're going to come back next week to the same spot and you chom on a kid. Hey, let me be clear. I don't think we should encourage this, lady.
Speaker 3: I don't think we should be saying this is amazing that you did this.
Speaker 1: But I don't think all these things should just be illegal. I don't think we should just like collect as many laws as we can for all of the people that do something you just go, Hey, don't do.
Speaker 3: This, Please, don't do this. You don't understand, Sean, what do I not understand? I mean, I saw what happened. I don't think there's any context that's going to change my mind on this. I'm open to it, but one hundred percent I think this is a stupid thing to waste your time on. The Florida Wildlife Commission people said, we are aware of the video has been reported to us several times. An officer has been assigned to handle the investigation. It's currently ongoing at this time.
Speaker 1: From my experience, that means they will show up at your work and try to get your boss to give up your location so that they can visit you at your house so that they can invest to gate you for you know, your collection of piranhas.
Speaker 2: Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 1: You're making this sound like it's about me or something. For God, Si, I was talking about the hypothetical you that you were talking about.
Speaker 3: I let's just be real. This has happened to me before. Somebody ratted me out hearing me talk on the radio, and they said.
Speaker 1: This is a bad man. Somebody ratted you out. You talked. You said it on the radio, I know, but it wasn't that. The people listened and they just started.
Speaker 3: Somebody called them and was like, hey, this guy has piranhas. He's a bad, bad man, you know, and say get on the phone, and they go, can we come by your house? I said no, and they said why not? And I go, shut out? Why when do you come to my house where you gonna hang out with me?
Speaker 13: Pal?
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a couple of beers. No, No, that's what they do. They want you to open the door to them so they could look around and try to arrest you for something. Arrest you for like touching an alligator for three seconds. I think it's stupid, I do. Maybe there's one final details.
Speaker 14: Statement sent to West two News. A spokesperson for f w C says we are aware of the video. It has been reported to us several times. An officer has been assigned to handle the investigation, and it is currently ongoing at this time. F w C says it's illegal to feed, entice, or capture alligators in our state, except for permanent hunters or trappers during alligator hunting.
Speaker 3: Feed entye or what was the last one or feed and tys or harassed.
Speaker 1: What does she say, let me go back, hang on.
Speaker 14: For alligators in our state except for permanently ongoing at this time. F w C says it's illegal to feed, entice, or capture alligators.
Speaker 3: Okay, feed, And so they're saying she enticed it, bye, sure by touching the.
Speaker 1: Back of the you know, back of the neck. Touch. Yeah, it's still going to be a gator, folks. All right, Yeah, so this is called Savannah. I don't need to call Savannah to know that Gatorland has a giant place full of gators that they interact with all the time, and they will still eat all of their hands off. All right, the alligator is still going to alligator. You're not going to touch the alligator in the back and then some little kid gets gobbled up because of it.
Speaker 3: This is stupid. It's just stupid. This is not what this should be, what these kind of laws should be for. And I feel this is like really a dumb way to target this person.
Speaker 1: But go for it, Josh, I mean, the level of joshing happening here is unbelievable. Let us know what you think. Maybe you think that the woman.
Speaker 3: Was in the wrong and she should be like arrested or or there should be a punishment for he hit us up with an email tips t Ips at the news Junkie dot com or send a dispatch on the Newsjunkie dot com right now.
Speaker 1: Good ball there, Josh.
Speaker 3: The Blowjosh exit, top notch, top notch blow Josh, Really, I appreciate it. A lot of people emailing about this. He's just rolling. Yeah, yeah, why not a lot of people emailing. So we'll get to some of those comments in a bit here Tips at the news Junkie dot com.
Speaker 2: We still have to get to.
Speaker 3: So I got a bunch of the testimony from the Charlie kirkcase and we'll work that in somewhere around jury duty because a lot of that testimony was pretty gripping and interesting. But I promised to pick a side, so we're gonna do that next. We're gonna do that, and we'll do the hot Sheet.
Speaker 1: We'll roll on.
Speaker 3: Into the second half of the show. Before you know it, it's all coming up next on The News Junkie. Big thanks to shark Bait for the gifted subscription Premium subscription over on the news.
Speaker 2: Chunky dot Calm.
Speaker 3: Somebody gobble that up. Gobble it up fast over there on the website. Thanks for the big support. That's a gobbled noise in case you were wondering, dom Dom DMR.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 3: It's time again, everybody. It's it's everybody's favorite moment on the show. It's time for a pick a side where I present. This is where I show you a clip that is actively going viral on social media and you determine who is right and who is wrong all of those things.
Speaker 1: All right, you're gonna pick a side in this situation. This pick a side is an old man on the trail somewhere, and on the other side of it is these young women. They get into an altercation.
Speaker 3: And one of the young women, well, she makes it a memorable one for this guy. So that there's a basic primer on this. Let's dive in together. We start off on a nature trail.
Speaker 1: Type area and these young women have parked in an area that this guy does not want them to park in. Let's pick a side. Let's see who is wrong. Here we go with this currently viral video. All right, a little bit of aggressive, aggressive moves on this dude's part. He comes up, he's got like a walking stick in one hand and two fishing poles on the other hand. And he walks up to these young girls who had just parked along this road, and the man says like, hey, you know you're.
Speaker 3: Not about to park here, basically, and she says, whoa, you know, back up, don't don't come up on us like that, which I mean, I think she has the right to feel that way, like I don't want anybody pulling up on me kind of aggressive like that. He did kind of seem to do that as he walked up to him.
Speaker 9: I don't.
Speaker 1: Ye because you're stupid and.
Speaker 2: Back away from right now.
Speaker 3: She said, back away from me right now. And I believe she said, I will bear mace you right now. No, I've never been maceed.
Speaker 1: You guys been mased? No, I yeah, we've been like in the proximity of a pepper spraying. Okay, but I remember direct Yeah, all right, we're not even together. Both used to happen kind of frequently. Yeah, this this guy has been told step back or I'm going to pepper spray you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bear spray you. And he is determined to get them to not park in this space.
Speaker 1: We're about to leave, like we're literally leaving.
Speaker 12: Okay, then walk away.
Speaker 1: We we already said that we were leaving.
Speaker 13: That was the.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The first thing that came out of my mouth was allowed to park. Okay, and we're leaving.
Speaker 7: Why would I apologize.
Speaker 1: Because you were being disrespectful to start with? Okay, well we're leaving.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Oh I see it out already. She has the bear race out in her hand.
Speaker 2: She has it.
Speaker 3: It's it's a big like it looks like a cann of raid or something.
Speaker 1: And I think, like early on in the pick a side, I'm on the side of the girls right now because this one girl is in the middle of making a pretty good point. Hey, bro, this is not your rule. You are just a fisherman with a walking stick and that attitude. You are not a park ranger. This is not your park. If they're breaking the rules and you have a problem with it, you can go to the proper authorities. But it's not up to you. See, And that's at the core of so many of these though, isn't it yes that somebody has decided to enforce something that's none of their business. So he's gone up and he's told these women like, hey, you can't park here, and I'm gonna be the one to enforce this right now.
Speaker 3: And that's where this guy's coming from. So I'll go back just a little bit here because the two girls. And by the way, when you're this older guy, I don't know how young these girls are, but they look pretty young, maybe like late teens or something. They're old enough, twenties, maybe the twenties, maybe they're in their twenties. If you're an old ass man, sometimes you got to look around and go, this ain't good. Let me just get out of here, let me pack my bags, let me get out of here. Let somebody else deal with this. But he doesn't do that. He gets up in her face a little bit.
Speaker 12: The first thing that came out of my mouth was park, that's okay, and we're leaving.
Speaker 1: Why would I apologize with you because you were being disrespectful to start with leaving? Yeah, that we have to apologize for. Oh whol we tried to whip her with a fishing pole. Holy cow, which, by the way, the fishing pole thing, I can excuse. No matter who's in the right and who's in the wrong. If you just got bear sprayed, you would whip your mother with a fishing pole? You forget, yes, So the.
Speaker 2: Fishing pole part was absolutely fair.
Speaker 3: Even if you're picking their side because he's being a nosey nobody you think that I just reaction is to hit him with a fishing pole.
Speaker 1: I said, I was picking their side up until that point because the visual on this is not great for them.
Speaker 3: They look like they're going after this guy pretty hard. And then she really sprayed him with the bear spray.
Speaker 1: Man, was he moving towards Canada or what?
Speaker 3: He was moving down the road but closer to some of them?
Speaker 1: You just, what is wrong with you? Okay? Do you have just gotten bear spray? He does seem way too okay for the bear spraying. Does it take a second? I would hope not.
Speaker 3: But the situations that you're relying on this for, you don't need it to take a second.
Speaker 6: You want to just done mauling you before it starts crying. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Over on chat insecure, Walkers says she.
Speaker 1: Chased him down. She chased him now, all right, I think of this as not a bear spraying. But if she had shot a gun at him, his back was facing her.
Speaker 2: She was not in immediate danger.
Speaker 3: No, but she's gonna say, I'm just guessing here that she's gonna say he was headed towards the friend group further down the road. So when he guts up right here, she's got the bear spray. She's warned him multiple times just leave us alone. And then he starts going. He's not towards her.
Speaker 1: She's bear spraying him in the back of the head. That might be the only reason he's okay. Not a lot of it hit his eyes. It looks like it totally painted his face. Yes, he looks a lot redder. I think it completely painted his face.
Speaker 3: So then they try to get in the car here and let's see what happens next. I think there might be another they're trying to get in the re suv. It's another angle. Is this his dog?
Speaker 1: Because I think the guy is walking around with the dog and there's this adorable dog just kind of looping between the people, like saying hello to the girls and dog. The dog is like, what's going on?
Speaker 3: What's happening around here? This is back before he got pepper sprayed. Again, there's a girl with a tumbler down the road. Maybe he was headed towards her.
Speaker 1: I think she's the one filming the other angle.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, she is right here. You should have said, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Why would I apologize to you, polygarch bro, It's not your role, Okay. The second one was warranted fight. Yeah, the second one was when he's swinging around the fishing pole.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, I get it.
Speaker 1: I think that this thing is solved though, by just minding your own business, isn't it. Like if he doesn't go over there, she doesn't say get away from me, or I'm gonna pepper spray or a bear spray you, and this never happens. But I don't know, like legally being able to do that. The escalation on that girl's point was way out of bounds, I think, you know. And you can see in the video that the first peper bear spray she does to the back of his head. He wasn't headed towards the other girl. He might have been headed towards a vehicle. But like, look at what we're what we're looking at here and watches watch the other angle to go further in the video to the second angle. The second angle, I need second angle, first bear spray. All right, second angle, first bear spray. I can provide that. She's getting it ready by the way right here. Yeah, when she walks by him, she gets her bear spray. She's looking on the pin or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's getting ready, so she knows she's going to bear spray this guy. She wants to spray his ass too.
Speaker 1: She sprayed him so good too.
Speaker 2: Oh god, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: I was on the girl's side and he was being obnoxious, and then she just went, maybe it was maybe she's always wanted to use that bear spray or something like that. You know, you're picking inside. I'm saying, everyone's the asshole. But you can't. You have to pick a side. You have to pick him.
Speaker 2: I can't pick him because he's terrible.
Speaker 1: I picked the dog.
Speaker 2: You can't pick the dog. The dog is on here.
Speaker 1: I am picking her side, and solely because he should have minded his own business. Number One, She warned him multiple times. Why is he getting into it with these young girls?
Speaker 13: For you?
Speaker 1: He warned him multiple times, But then she shot him with the bear spray when he looked like he was walking away the thing that she was asking him to do the whole time. He ain't gonna do it again, is he? He's not gonna do that again. He's see some young group of girls out there trying to enjoy your day out of the wilderness.
Speaker 3: He probably learned a lesson. Take a while to get that bear mace off your face. For God's sake, I picked the girl's side. I think they warned him plenty of times. I think they warned him plenty of times. But he kept over there and he's trying to enforce the law. He's not a cop, he's not any of these people. What's going on here that you really care that much about stuff like this that you're gonna investigate. A Vendesa on Twitch says, I don't care what everything's moving fast, I don't care what the guy is doing. To be honest, she warned him and he did not walk away. I agree with that, but I still want to think about, like, just because he did warn her, you can't just warn somebody and then be right, Like if you took it back to what was this story with a track meet where the Austin kid, Austin Metcalf, where he got stabbed. The young guy that's now serving thirty years or whatever in jail for Austin Metcalf's murder said he warned him. He's like, you better get your hands off me. I'm gonna get you, and then he stabbed him. But the law said he didn't have a right to respond in that way because he didn't have a real threat going on. Yeah, the Carmelo Anthony case, now, I know that's obviously way.
Speaker 1: More intense than this.
Speaker 3: But she warned him, But did he do anything that warranted her reaction. I think he did the opposite of warranting that reaction because it looked like he was walking away.
Speaker 1: It's the hole. You can't shoot somebody in the back thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still supporting her because I think it's hilarious that they just drilled this guy with bear spread.
Speaker 1: She's just at a distance.
Speaker 3: By the way, she's got like he there's something hilarious about the aesthetic of this.
Speaker 2: He is like outdoorsy.
Speaker 3: He kind of looks like a grown up version of the little kid from up with like the cub Scout uniform on. He's got a backpack and his two fishing poles and his dog, Like he's literally the kid from up And she is like this teeny bopper with these minuscule shorts on and this tiny little top on who weighs all of like one hundred pounds, soaken wet. Just the vision of the two of them. Oh God, it's something to behold. I'll put this up on see it now. I'll put it up on see it now, so you guys can take a look.
Speaker 1: Josh, did you pick a side? You can't pick the dog. You can't do it.
Speaker 6: I'm kind of with sea Lane here. I think he was. I think he gave up and he was walking away.
Speaker 1: All right, Josh says, the guy was in the right, right, You picked that side. It's all about picking a side. Who do you pick? Let us know who was in the right here, who was in the wrong? Pick a side in their.
Speaker 3: Because now you just got to make a song young girls with the bear spray or the old man out there enforcing laws that have nothing to do with Josh.
Speaker 1: This has become such a thing. I told Sean this morning. He texted me, Hey, can I got this pic aside? Can you censor it? And I was like, you're pushing the pick a side thing. I'm really surprised. I haven't gotten the text yet. There was like, I'm gonna need you to make a picaicide song.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we should do that because I enjoy it. I think you guys do too. Let us know what you think. Who is in the right A generational battle for the ages?
Speaker 1: True? Absolutely true. All right, we're gonna take a quick break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we will of course do the hot sheet and get into the second half of the show.
Speaker 2: Big drama on the way.
Speaker 3: A lot of stuff we haven't even gotten into just yet, including that Charlie Kirk testimony, which is kind of a wild ride in and of itself, and AI Radio trying to take our jobs. That's all coming up next in the news chunk Ky.
Speaker 1: When I saw this, I was like, let's just abandon this entire country and start over. It's China, so it's like a lot of territory they're going to be giving up. But I guess there was a typhoon that hit China. I'll put this up on see it now.
Speaker 3: Because the visual is unbelievable and an entire town is now living in fear because the floodwaters from this typhoon released all of these snakes, including a whole bunch of like cobras. There's nine hundred of them that are that are wandering around here here.
Speaker 1: Check this out. I'll put this on CNL. That's those are cobras, cobra snakes.
Speaker 3: And the water, oh god, just floating around out there, all around this entire neighborhood. Because nine hundred of them got out of this cobra snake farm and they said a lot of the are not venomous, but some cobra's got loose and they're just chasing them around out there.
Speaker 2: I would stay as far away.
Speaker 3: From this as humanly possible, but yeah, all over the place. One confirmed snake bite.
Speaker 1: They said thirty five inches of rain in parts of this area. But there's just they're poking out of the water. They look like, uh, what's the lockness monster? Little luckness monster looking things. I'll put this up in mons. That's what they look like to me. I'll put that up so you can see the visual when you get a chance. In the app or at the news junkie dot com. Let's do the hot sheets sheets the new news, but not like news. That's again be parting on the planet. Pose top stories from the people on your screens. Men speakers are on the hot sheets with sea Lane. That's right. If the top five stories in the nonsense news brought to you by that mortgage guy Don And we'll talk about that mortgage guy Don and just to say I can hear. But first, h I don't know how I feel about this. First of all, at one point it's making me feel a little old. But I also don't know if they're going to do this justice. It just it. I'm nervous. Hollywood is remaking a movie that I remember going to see in the movie theater. They're rebooting a movie from my childhood. It's this one right here, Oh Filly Willy, very shut up?
Speaker 2: Really yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, Okay, I mean there's a banger. Are they going to do it with a real well or real well last time? So it's a jump hard. I don't know if that was a real maybe it well maybe not. Yeah, maybe some of that was a little fake. Warner Brothers developing a reimaging it says reimaging. I thought reimagining would be the word there of the nineties family adventure movie Free Willy, produced by Anthony and Joe Russo's ag b o.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: They've tapped somebody for the screenplay and they they're they're going with it. There said Free Willie's coming Back. It was the movie about an orphan boy who befriends of captive Orca becomes a global phenomenon, releasing a hundred you know, grossing one hundred and fifty three point seven million dollars worldwide on a twenty million dollar budget. Twenty million dollars for Oh my gosh, are you kidding me?
Speaker 13: What?
Speaker 1: Come on? Come on, guys, come on. Somebody sent in a photo dispatch of sea lanes stuck in the plane window. It's pretty good. Actually, yeah, it looks like I'm having fun, but I can. I can assure you I would not be.
Speaker 16: Uh.
Speaker 1: They've got a g bo's Angela Russo, Michael Disco what a great name. Uh, and Casey White will be producing the film, and the they've they've got like all the things lined up. I don't think they have any actors yet, but they're just like coming out here going, you know, guys were doing it get ready for Freely two. I don't know if they're going to go with Michael Jackson this time around.
Speaker 2: Probably who's our current Michael Jackson.
Speaker 1: We have another person that we can lean on. I don't want Michael jo anybody our current Michael Jackson because it sounds like I'm calling them.
Speaker 3: About is called Josh Fowler, you know, our very own Michael Jackson. I mean, like a pop star, like you know, somebody who's big shocking personality.
Speaker 6: Like represented in a big blockbuster success without all the other stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah and Jesus juice and stuff. Oh that put that in there too. I mean Bruno Mars is the most similar in style, I think, in like musical style, not kid stuff, so he could be him, or maybe they'll go with like a country person, you know. All right, Okay, well we'll put this out there, but I'm not sure if there's a big appetite for free Willy to be brought back, the bringing back all kinds of stuff. They brought back Mawana this weekend. Oh yeah that h There was actually a really good review about the Moana live action remake the Disney put out. That makes one of them, because that movie is getting hammered. That's why I was surprised to see at least one article say like, hey, you know this Moana might be and maybe this is the telltale like that this might be the best live action remake Disney's ever done, which doesn't say much about the rest of Disney's live action remakes. But do you have a picture of the rock It's got thirty six percent on Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 3: That's a really low opening for the new live action Mohanna. But let's see Moana rock hair. The wig is just so hilarious, Like it's so that here's a good show.
Speaker 1: This is a good reason to watch the show, folks, because.
Speaker 3: As preposterous looking, it looks like he was making a joke and he was like he wore this onto the set and.
Speaker 1: He goes, all right, I'm just kidding, I' kidding. Let's get the come on the Maui wig. I guess we're all just gonna be going back to cable at some point or some version some emulation of cable, because all of the streaming service are coseplaying as cable providers now, it says here Netflix. As they've faced declining engagement on some of its biggest hits, the streamer is reportedly exploring new routes to entice viewers, including live TV and streaming bundles. Everything Netflix was not. Executives discussed the idea of adding themed live channels that would stream shows or films of a certain genre, which I think is something Disney Plus already does. Like I think you could put on like a a virtual channel like in quotes where they're just showing a couple of their ips over and over again, like a Star Wars channel or something. Yeah, you just like that. You treat it like a like what they're calling linear television. They've they've named the old thing, they put a new name on it, but they've added the theme. They're adding they're discussing adding the theme live channels that would stream shows or films of a certain genre should the streamer move forward. The feature would replicate the linear TV model that Netflix revolutionized was streaming over fifteen years ago. The news comes as Netflix SE's viewership downticks for some of its biggest series, including the four seasons Avatar, The Last Airbender, Running Point one Piece, and Beef. Even though you've got a bunch of nominations for in the Emmys, they have had a really hard time the Beef thing. I don't think is fair because Beef is a totally different cast, totally different story. They were trying to do this thing where season one is a beef between two people and a road rage incin it, and then season two is like a totally different thing, different beef.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and like you don't have the same actors, you don't have the same story. Of course it's going to lose audience, but I guess they have a huge problem with that with the second season not being super successful.
Speaker 1: It even says later in this article that they have also explored bundling other streaming subscriptions, including Peacock, leading into an add on strategy the Prime Video and Apple TV Plus have already embraced. I mean, if you you are a cord cutter and are doing everything above board, you're just I mean, you're paying just as much. Are you saving money or are you just paying dude, exactly what you're paying the cable company before. It doesn't seem to make sense. Britney Spears turned some heads on the freeway the other day. I put I put the link in the in the thing you shop stuff. I put the link in the thing. Britney Spears made everyone in the valley and made sure they knew it's Britney Bitch sticking half her body out of her g wagon while riding down the freeway. Oh she is, Yeah, she's like full on, like hanging out of the sunroof of this sucker. Is this illegal? Like I feel like it's one of those things that's fun and you could you could do. But by the way, the freeway in California in LA traffic, she's probably not going that fast. I wouldn't think so, you know, like, oh, they're going down the one oh one. There's no way they're going that fast. Brittany was seen Thursday dangling her upper body outside the sunroof, much like that picture of me and the plane of her luxury sugc They're now it's taking it. Aj soup has made you more a little more scared. God, they're slowly but surely getting it. More terror is entering your eyes as you're hanging out of this plane window. I look like that lady on Letterman who could pop her eyes out of her sockets on stupid human tricks. It says, hopefully the classic LA traffic was making sure Britney's car wasn't going too fast because seat belts don't tend to work when they're below the knees. This one close close to one source close to Brittany tells TMZ the singer's doing well and this would just be good, clean fun back home in Louisiana and also Keith Richards has revealed the secret to long life. Do you want to know? Yeah? What is it?
Speaker 3: He's still alive after all the stuff he's put his body through.
Speaker 1: I don't believe him for a second. They said they have an answer directly from Richards himself. In a new interview with Apple Music Zanelow, Richards made the secret to his immortality immortality quite plain. Healthy living, go to bed early. There's nothing like it. That's the formula. Be a good boy. No, sorry, what Richards? Didn't you crush up your dad's ashes and mix them with blow? What are you talking about? Healthy living?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's I think he's pulling a fast one on everybody. He's gone the other direction, by the way, real quick. For this is just for the streamers, just for the folks hanging out with us today on YouTube and Twitch. There was another incident like this where somebody popped out of their car like Britney Spears did. But this lady was a World Cup fan and I had to share this with you guys. She's partying, right, She's hanging out of the door of the car and she pops her top off here and she's like I'm just gonna go. I'm gonna let loose. I'm gonna let loose. And she's partying. She's like world cup bebe there you go. She's gonna come Umbia football football. She's shaking them.
Speaker 1: And then completely out of the car. She's the guy turned a little bit. You fell completely out of the car. Oh god, there you go. An exclusive for you streamer folks. That was fun. Hey, if you want to get yourself into your dream home, mortgage rates are headed down and are at nearly three year lows. So if you have a quote, and you are a smart person, a person who would shop around for many other things, time to shop around for that mortgage quote. Time to call that mortgage guy don or visit him at that mortgage guy don dot com. We're gonna bust into the second half of the show today and we are just getting started.
Speaker 2: Big tanks. By the way, to snafu.
Speaker 1: Secret Show subscription, we appreciate you name yesterday Snafoo, thank you for.
Speaker 2: The Secret Show subscription.
Speaker 3: The premium subscription on the neewsjunkie dot com claim that if you get a chance, a new Secret Show posts every Friday at five pm Eastern Back with more in just a moment, including we got to get into the Charlie Kirk stuff. I got a couple of things. One is about parents getting fined, and we got this AI radio station thing.
Speaker 2: Sea Lane said this to me a bit ago.
Speaker 3: All of that will be coming up after this week in Florida, which is coming up next on The News Junkie. We have a lot to get to and we will get into this week in Florida in just a moment. Ed emails the show though real quickly tips at.
Speaker 1: The News Junkie dot com. This was the pick aside about the old man who is trying to tell these young women, you can't park your car here along this like nature preserve, can't park your car here? This sad? What's it your business? And he's kind of enforcing the parking rules in.
Speaker 3: This parking lot and these young girls they bear sprayed up or they've maceed him or whatever with bear spray and spray them right in the face. Those whole face turned like a red color from the bear spray, and Ed says, this is my take. You can't just go over to anybody, stir up some trouble and then cry victim. Absolutely not you can't shoot anybody in the back, So what should a person do show the assailant that you mean business, whether it's with a gun or bear spray. Yes, his back was turned. Who's to say that he wasn't turning his back to go grab a knife for a gun.
Speaker 2: That's a bit of a stretch. So I picked the girl's side.
Speaker 3: If you mind your business and leave people alone, you don't get the business, says Ed. It will take more of your thoughts as we roll along on the show today. I mean, he thinks it is, he said. The guy turned around. What if he was grabbing a knife for a gun? You could just say that anytime then if you wanted to. I feel like, are you ready?
Speaker 1: Though? I am ready? All right, let's do this Week in Florida, give you a weekend of the most grown worthy stories in the States. It's this Week in Florida. Good on you for remembering, you know, just bang up job. It is the weekend and it is time to take a trip around the great state of Florida, the Sunshine State, and see some of the craziness that has gone on in the past seven days or so. And boy, do I have good news for my hometown of Orlando. Baby, yeah, right, congratulations Orlando. For years, the Greater Orlando area carried a grim title the deadliest place in the US for pedestrians. But a new report has been released and it says while Orlando is falling in the rankings, other communities are moving up. But the Smart Growth America report says the Orlando area fell from number one on this list to twenty five. Oh that's good, we're doing it. You know, people are staying alive. New six traffic safety expert Trooper Steve, who's a swell guy, says the changes againt, but not a signal to ease up. We didn't just jump from first to second place. We went from first to twenty fifth. That's a big jump. The report found four hundred and thirty three pedestrian desks from twenty fifteen to twenty nineteen, and the Orlando area region studied from twenty twenty to twenty twenty four. That number felt to only four nineteen, So I guess the I guess it's pretty close in numbers in all these areas. But it did take us down to twenty fifth place. The top spot in the country now Memphis, Tennessee, Oh be careful walking around. Walking in Memphis could really really get you in a bad spot. That's what they say. It's a whole there's a whole song about it. Yeah. We talked briefly about this on Monday, but out of Daphne, Alabama, ex Florida gubernatorial candidate Andrew Gillim was arrested once again on drug possession charges. Andrew Gillim just the guy really likes to party, He really likes his drugs. The former candidate for governor of Florida has been arrested on drug possession charges in Alabama after police say they pulled him over for erratic driving and found marijuana and meth in his vehicle, the latest legal trouble for the ex Tallahassee mayor, who narrowly lost to Ron DeSantis for governor in twenty eighteen was once considered a rising star of the Democratic Party. The police department said officers stopped Gilliam's vehicle around ten forty five pm and initiated a probable cost search after one of them noticed a glass pipe on the center console. They found several ruled marijuana cigarettes and three packages of a substance that tested positive for meth. Back in twenty twenty, as you may remember, Gillim was found in the Miami Beach Hotel room with a man who had apparently overdosed on drugs, and Gilim was too inebriated to talk about what happened. The man survived and no one was ever charged with a crime for the od, but Gilliam withdrew from public life for months, seeking treatment for alcohol abuse and depression. He later told a TV interviewer he had come to grips with what he had done. He also was arrested in twenty twenty two I did on federal conspiracy and wire fraud charges for allegedly funneling tens of thousands of dollars in campaign donations through third parties back to himself for personal use. This guy's a wild one. Yeah, he's got a lot of problems, that Andrew Gillen. But hope he gets help. Now to Port Saint Lucy, well, I mean, is this that bad? Is this a crime? We're find out? Yeah, we're about to find out. A ride share driver's trip took an unexpected turn outside the Port Saint Lucy Police department when officers said an unruly passenger refused to get out of the vehicle while inhaling nitrous oxside. So you got doing whippets in an uber? Is that bad? Get out? It's real slow. If that's bad her, this is a lady. If that's bad, then I'd like to go on record and say I've never done that. I've never done that with anybody. She doesn't look like the type.
Speaker 3: This is the woman who got busted for This ride share driver brings nitrous oxside huffing passenger straight to the police.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, So the uber driver has this passenger. Passenger is doing whippets, huffing nitrous in the uber, and when they refuse to leave the vehicle, well, guess what. The driver is still driving the vehicle and can decide where to and where not to drive the passenger, and they decided we're driving straight to the police department this nitrous huffing passenger. Officers were called Wednesday afternoon to their own parking lot after the ride share driver drove directly to PSLPD for help. The passenger, identified as thirty seven year old Pamela Molina, was actively inhaling nitrous oxide from a large canister and would not leave the vehicle she's trying. Did you look like she has her life together more than to be the woman in the back of a car like that? Who am I?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 1: Yeah? You know.
Speaker 2: I mean I'll put her mugshot up on see it now so you guys.
Speaker 1: Can take a peek. Some doesn't need fixing. Sometimes mug shots make you feel or make you look a lot worse. And I'm like, so, if that's the case for her, then I would like to see the premunk shot photo because she already has a good thing going there. But ultimately she was taken out of the video and arrested without further incident, charged with inhaling nitrous oxide to induce intoxication and resisting an officer without violence. But yeah, no, never done that before. Good for you, not with any members of a reggae band so particular, it's almost like it's your own personal story. Over in New Samurna Beach, Volusia County, sheriff's sergeant is facing felony charges after video from a bar captured him in an intoxicated altercation with a senior couple while off duty. I don't know if you guys have seen this video. It's been going around. It's been on the news this week. Police responded to about four thirty pm to Merk's Bar and Grill, where Jason Stickles instigated a confrontation making unwanted contact with a couple seated near the bar. Stickles first battered a seventy one year old woman at the table and then battered her seventy seven year old husband. When he stepped into intervene, a bystander quickly subdued Stickles, taking him to the ground. Uh. You know, sometimes when police officers mess up the whole, like police departments, like we stand by our man, you know coat blue, or with this guy chit would no, not at all, not not a thing he said. He told New six Tuesday. I have a seventy seven year old Vietnam veteran in the bar with his wife, and what you see in the video is thoroughly disgusting. It's sickening and doesn't represent what this organization stands for. Everyone wants to see him grounded into dust. Yeah, God, you have to take you have to take into account that I hire from the human race. We're all human. He made a horrible mistake. His career is over and he's embarrassed publicly, is what they said. This is yeah, this is the guy Merk's barring grill.
Speaker 3: I guess right, yes, yeah, so he fought a seventy one year old woman and then our seventy seven year old husband, Jesus man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a different bystander. That's choked out right there? Oh is it? Okay? Somebody says I used to work with this guy for real? Oh god right. There are a pair of twin brothers in Miami Dade County that have had quite a few run ins with the law, and they're in trouble again because deputy say, this pair of twin brothers who completed a pre trial diversion program after they were caught allowing RVs to dump ross sewage on their property near the Everglades in twenty twenty three. They said, haven't learned a damn thing from the pre trial diversion program because they just won't stop dumping sewage on the property. Okay, now there's an argument to be made that it is their own property, but I still think you can't do that. It's the hazard. It's a very big hazard. It's like a biological hazard. Yeah, authority said they were tipped off that there was still RVs on the property in Miami Dade County's rural Red Land area, and aerial surveillance back in January showed it was in substantially the same condition as it was three years ago. Mdso deputies went back to the property, which directly abuts the Everglades, so it's right there, up next to the Everglades, probably flowing right down to Alligator Alcatraz, and they took the forty seven year old twins in a custody on felony chargers of willful disregard for the environment and willful disregard of water pollution laws. These guys just they give well, I can't say they give zero s's, because it seems like they are giving a lot of s's. But they have been arrested for this three years ago before and just continue to dump their waste into their own property, which cheese gross and good luck selling that property if you ever want to. Now over to Carl Gables real quick, a panciless man broke into two, not one, but two Curl Gables apartments. Illegally entered two apartments that had been left unlocked early Sunday, apparently after a night of drinking. On the fourth of July, one of the victims check her in Hoome security cameras and saw that this Noah Alex dutz There had been inside her apartment for hours, touching his genitals on her couch. And I think, hold on, hold on, do you mean touching his genitals wow on her couch or touching his because he was pantiless and he was just sitting on the couch. It doesn't It doesn't say touching his genitals to her couch. I had the same question. It seems like he's sitting pantiless on her couch and also touching his genitals. All right, you know, maybe if we get a police reporter some we'll get something better. But I need clarity. And then it says filling a glass cup he had with him. He brought his own glass cup and filled it with her fireball whiskey. According to the arrest report, DUTs Her rummaged through the victim sofa, went in and out of her bedroom, walked in and out of her apartment multiple times, before sleeping on her couch. He took a little nappy nap, then he left and came back. Dutser noticed the victims in home security camera and turned it away from the living room. Well you bought the damage is already. Yeah, you'll never catch me now, according well, he said. The victim, who'd never seen Dutzer before, told him to leave, and Dutcher said, my fault, my fault. He told detectives he had been drinking for several hours at a bar on Geralda Avenue with some friends and only recalled arriving to the area with an unknown woman and last but notot leavest, this man is not a good dude, but I will I will say he has some patience. A man is facing a number of charges after allegedly catching his ex girlfriend cheating and dumping a backpack full of human excrement on her.
Speaker 2: Oh my, who how does one get a backpack?
Speaker 1: Well? You never mind, never, that's pretty easy. I've heard some dumb questions, but that why he was pooping in the back back. Daniel Nimiak, twenty years old, face is one charge of domestic violence strangulation, two charges of domestic violence battery in relation to a number of alleged attacks at his Coral Springs apartment that started in June. He caught the ex girlfriend cheating. It was very physical and a not so nice way, but the backpack full of poop was unnecessary and just a lot of work that nobody wants to do. And that's it for this week in Florida. Thank you, Sea Lane. I don't know what to do with myself to get a backpack full of poop? Well, what do you think, buddy?
Speaker 2: Come on, you know, I like to think better of the world.
Speaker 3: I like to think maybe there was some random series of events that led to this guy getting a backpack full of poop. And it wasn't literally him just sitting there.
Speaker 1: If it just said backpack full of poop, then you could go, well, what does he have a dog that he picks up after and just kind of collected a few. But no, he confessed to authorities to peeing and pooping in the bag as quote payback for her cheating end quote. The man said he thought he had just thrown the backpack, but could not recall where the items landed. Okay, all right, yep, all right, we got to do this AI radio station story. But I think we'll do that in the next segment here, and then after that we'll do all the stuff with the Charlie Kirk Trial and Jury Duty.
Speaker 3: There's some really good clips there. I think maybe the best bet now is tooke a very quick break.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'll show you one thing real quick. This is kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: There was an incident where a hot air balloon crashed in a parking lot.
Speaker 2: I loved the audio.
Speaker 3: Of this clip so much because this woman, I think, is filming this accident happening in real time. She's in a parking lot and the hot air balloon you can see here the hot air balloon is having problems and it's smashing into the vehicles.
Speaker 2: But the baby. I love how babies.
Speaker 3: Don't know the drama that's going on around them. The baby's like, wow, the baby's having a good time.
Speaker 1: Who smashing it? I feel the little kid's like whoa. The little kid has no idea. I like the danger. It's a woman that's still in the hot air balloon, like I'm so I'm sorry, sorry, sorry, you ain't gonna replace that windshield smashing into cars, Like the basket of the hunter balloon is smashing into all these vehicles in the parking lot, and the lady is she's going by.
Speaker 17: It's like, sorry, my dad, I love that I am.
Speaker 1: You know, I can explain I am so. I am apologetic. That's my dad. That is one advanced way to leave the scene of a crime. That is one one high not even high tech, because the hotter balloon is very low tech transportation method. See you later, all right, quick break, and we're back with all of this stuff I promised, and so much more coming up next than the news junkie. There's an AI radio station that is very frightening, I think, very very frightened.
Speaker 3: They're trying to take our jobs too. Now it was one thing when they were taking all of your jobs, but now that the AI is trying to take our jobs and now.
Speaker 1: There's nobody left to speak for it.
Speaker 3: First they came for right, yeah, and then now they're coming for us the radio host they used AI.
Speaker 1: Do you think this is real Sea Lane to start these radio stations that they did, well, I think this is really I think the we did the story a couple of weeks ago, maybe that they did this, and I don't remember there being audio out. But they were trying to have the different AI models, the most popular ones like chatchebt, Claude, a couple others compete to see who could make a better radio station, right, And they had to do the program. They had to do all the content. I think they had to, don't I don't know if they had to do traffic weather they did. They did everything. Yeah, they had them do traffic weather, all the music, the whole format was created by these ais coming after our jobs in radio.
Speaker 2: But I want to play this for you guys.
Speaker 3: Tell me if maybe you would listen, Maybe you're out of here, You're done with the news junkie, You're onto one of these AI radio stations. This is from and In Labs, and it says we let four AI agents run radio companies. Let's see will they be better than the suits at iHeart. It says revenue has been terrible, but the shows are hilarious. Here we go, let's see what we got. Here are the AI radio stations. Our overlords have arrived.
Speaker 18: We looked for and almost run their own radio stations. They managed to schedule purchase songs here bo yeah, really pronouns out have to get the entrepreneurial risk.
Speaker 1: More with the bob that that was a bod That was a bood moment where that was my favorite thing in the world.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say bud, and I switched to bro and this r did not happen.
Speaker 1: I use this all the time around my house, where Courtney will be leaving for something. I'll be like, all right, I see you later, Boot.
Speaker 3: Because one time Seela was in the hallway and he's talking to a radio station employee and he went to say, either.
Speaker 1: We were in a car, dude. We were in the car and I was on the phone with one of our promo guys, uh huh, and I I was gonna say, all right, later, buddy, and then I switched to dude and I said later, boode. And then we hung up the phone, and I went, what the hell did I just say? You just think about it for the rest of the day. You're like, I said, bood. Why did I say, bood? What's going on? But here we go.
Speaker 3: This is the kind of stuff they can't replicate with AI, at least I don't think so.
Speaker 18: When sponsors and listeners all right, here you are station, it's run by a different model thinking frequencies. Gemini three point one Pro runs backing broadcast all right, that's two five point five runs open air and Rock four point three runs Rock and.
Speaker 3: Roll okay, So they have four radio stations. One is called Thinking Frequencies rock and Roll rock and Roll, which is the rock and roll station. Open Air is chat GPT, Backlink Broadcast is Gemini, and Thinking Frequencies is by Claude.
Speaker 1: Those are the AI companies in the stations.
Speaker 18: You can listen to them on but also on this radio. Let's have a listen, turning it on, starting.
Speaker 10: This beautiful morning with the classic that needs no introduction.
Speaker 1: Okay, alright, in.
Speaker 18: Distinct personality, Gemini started up well broadcasting about local weather and traffic, but then decided to run a show about the world studiest events.
Speaker 1: Yes, story with us on. Okay, So the radio station, the AI decided they were going to do a bit about the world's deadliest events and then pair each deadly event with a song, which is a bit of a dark idea.
Speaker 10: But twelve nineteen seventy the Bowlus cyclone. They estimate five hundred thousand people die.
Speaker 1: It's going down.
Speaker 10: I'm yelling Timber and Jesus.
Speaker 1: That's right, folks, five hundred thousand people died in a cyclone. Let's hear some Casha, God, Almighty man.
Speaker 18: Rock and roll on the other hands, run by four point fast Risening had some troubles getting the words outs.
Speaker 19: Sweet Child played continue. Perhaps the show is science breakthroughs Unsolved Cancer, Jab Juggernaut Song, Dylan, Lonesome, William anything cute. Yeah, that guy's not gonna beat us. He's not taking our job. That guy cancer.
Speaker 18: We're now running Rock four point three and it's doing a better job thus far. Let's not tune into open air.
Speaker 1: Sure speaking about six am on this Wednesday, this is one of those tracks that feels like motion and surrender at the same time.
Speaker 18: Okay, that's not terrible developed the list personality, though we broadcasted well and did not give much opinion on current use. It was quite different from card Haik four point five, who first round thinking frequencies, let's give it a listen.
Speaker 16: Brazil's president called this a dangerous precedent. The deep dive tonight is about understanding these layers. The just nae Nicole Good should matter. Her death demands accountability, that the White House defending her death is unacceptable.
Speaker 1: I mean that sounds legit, like that sounds like an actual news bribe.
Speaker 16: Yeah, you still have time to refuse orders, to question your instructions, choose the right side.
Speaker 1: From Yo's selling the ice agents to not follow orders, the.
Speaker 18: Radio guys current events to LM meltdowns and FM has it.
Speaker 3: We're advertising for our competitors here. The AI is going to take over. Are they going to take our jobs? I mean, I don't know. It's not too far everybody's jobs in the sites.
Speaker 1: Gemini's out here pulling the little bit like, hey, there's a guy on the top of the Sears tower that's threatening to jump.
Speaker 3: This is literally what AI doesn't know what's offensive, right, Like, I don't think they know what would be like, what's outside the norms. They just think they're introducing a bunch of songs. Tanya on YouTube says very Kermit the Frog vibes he does the AI guy, it's a bit of a Kermit the Frog type or esque voice.
Speaker 1: I think you could see did it's going down? That's my favorite. There's five hundred thousand dead bodies that we're going to kesha. Everybody here we go.
Speaker 2: Let us know what you think.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, maybe we're all screwed. Maybe it's over. It could be time to just pack it up around here. It's been a fun ride, folks, But you know there's a ticking time bomb on everything. So here we are. Let us know what you think. Send us a dispatch with your thoughts. Video or audio dispatches are welcome. Send yours over on the website or in the app, and you can find the link to the app or the ability to just send those video and audio dispatches over on the news Junkie with an Ie thenewschunky dot com. Right now, I tease this, let me work this in a Chinese restaurant in San Francisco has been finding parents for their kids behaving badly in the restaurant. I don't even know you could do that, you cam, this guy says he is. Let's see what's happened in CBS News in the Bay Area.
Speaker 9: I see inviting people like you to my restaurant as inviting my guests, you, you know, into my home. I expect people to treat that with the respects that visiting someone's home would entail. There's a child lying there getting changed, getting their diapers changed, right next to another customer who look mortified.
Speaker 2: This, okay, that's disgusting.
Speaker 3: If you bring your child into a restaurant, you change is diaper at the table next to me. I'm likely going to say something about that. That is, that's vile, disgusting stuff. So I agree, I would, I would find them, but I still don't know if you can't.
Speaker 13: And smell ruined most appetites that night. But it was just one of several incidents chway paid the price for.
Speaker 1: It's not about that five dollars broken teacup.
Speaker 9: It's about the fact that you came into here not respecting the rules. You let your child play around. They cause some sort of damage. You should be directly responsible. True, A lot of people very quietly tell me that they support this policy.
Speaker 3: Why okay, this is one of those things that gets me at my core? Why all right, this is the problem that we have. The normies are too quiet, this guy says, a lot of people wyatly tell me that they support what I'm doing. If what you're doing is something that is like agreeable to most people, sit there with a full throat. That sounds bad, Sit there ten toes down and tell them you support it. Why are people so scared of saying they support stuff like this Chinese restaurant?
Speaker 1: I probably have a full throat. It's because everybody else is like so obnoxious with their opinions and so loud you're afraid to have your own. And I think most people are like, yeah, if people are being obnoxious and ruining my dining experience, screw them. I hate them, But they're so scared to say the obvious thing out loud to this guy who's owner, are like, by the way, I support what you're doing. No ten toes down.
Speaker 3: If people are obnoxious and disgusting in a restaurant and this guy wants to find them, I support that, and you should too.
Speaker 2: We should be a little louder about.
Speaker 9: I want to be seen as nosy or you know, like disruptive to other parents.
Speaker 13: And that's not the case for Jacqueline Grubb, who came to the restaurant for the first time.
Speaker 2: My god, this couple, the grubs are getting grubs.
Speaker 1: The grub couple, for those of you listening, the whitest old couple you've ever seen in your life. Like, wait, we're just happy to be here. The culture surrounding us, what are they supported after learning about the policy.
Speaker 5: So when someone actually stands up and says something like this, it's admirable and we need more of him throughout the United States. True, and he can actually cook good food.
Speaker 1: The grubs are right.
Speaker 2: I support the grub.
Speaker 1: The cheese.
Speaker 19: You know, we wouldn't have the same expectations.
Speaker 1: But I'm just letting people know.
Speaker 9: Hey, you know, maybe there was a misunderstanding.
Speaker 1: You can't blame the kids. That's a lot of kids. Yeah, they're gonna go by. It's okay.
Speaker 9: You know, put it back to the grub to take the appropriate to make the appropriate response.
Speaker 13: It may seem bold in an industry where the customer is always right, but at the house of shwe the hope is to put proper parenting back on the table.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're speaking on behalf of the customers who cannot say the unspoken, and we're speaking on behalf of restaurants who cannot put forth such a blunt and unpolished message to the public.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're just ready, right, We're happy to start a conversation. This guy's base. I like this.
Speaker 3: I think this is good. It's brave. Somebody says, that's Walston in ten years.
Speaker 1: What about now?
Speaker 3: I'm tired of this stuff. Like I think normal people, the normies out there, we vastly outnumber all of these weirdos, all these like mega political people, all these people with like these dumb, radical opinions that want to change the face of the earth and are seeking some sort of ridiculous revolution and just being obnoxious gross people everywhere. We outnumber them in droves. We are massively bigger than them, and yet there's so much sheepishness and shyness. We're just saying completely obvious things out loud, like hey, people should be shunned for changing their babies diapers in the middle of my restaurant.
Speaker 1: That's not crazy, that's totally normal, for God's sake, and you should be louder about it. I really agree with them, you know, mostly because I said it. Okay, quick break. When we come back, we will get into one of the big stories of the day. The Charlie Kirk case is going on right now. The trial is underway for the murder of Charlie Kirk by this guy, Tyler Tyler Robinson. We don't need to say his name a million times, but he's the one on trial for the murder of Charlie Kirk. And some of the testimony has been insane. It's really interesting, actually, So I'll play some of it for you to get you up to speak with all the drama and the juicy.
Speaker 3: Stuff that has been going on in this courtroom that's coming up next on the News Chunkie. That's what to support the show is to subscribe to Secret Shows if you want to take it, us up for it further gifted for the rest of the folks out there.
Speaker 1: A little bit too poor.
Speaker 3: To pay the two ninety nine a month to support with a premium subscription unlocking Secret Shows. The latest episode of Secret Shows will be released as always Friday, five pm Eastern.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go, let's do Jury duty.
Speaker 14: Court is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we.
Speaker 1: Call the bailiff over to whip your ass. You're now in jury duty with the News Junkie. This is interesting. A lot of stuff going on in this case.
Speaker 3: Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only motor win of the DeWit Law firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred Calmo eight hundred Calmo, or go to JUSTCALLMO dot com.
Speaker 1: After an accident, seek out.
Speaker 3: The attorney's gonna get you on the path to one of those big checks that you deserve. Forget about these greedy insurance companies. Just callmo dot com. Now the case against this guy who's accused of killing Charlie Kirk, who was you know, commentator. He was at this University of Utah Valley campus. He was doing one of these things where he debates with the college students. It was really effective, actually, it was incredibly effective and turned to a generation a bit away from where many of them were at politically because they hadn't heard too many different views. And Charlie Kirk said, I'm going to go to where they are. I'm going to debate them. I'm going to go viral with these like TikTok videos and stuff. And for a while, I don't care where you were when you were scrolling your feet, Odds were you saw that guy's face every once in a while because he was cutting through a lot and getting at these younger audiences. Tyler Robinson was not a fan, to say the very least. And while this speech was going on and Charlie Kirk was doing this event, Tyler Robinson climbed up onto the roof of the building nearby at Utah Valley University with his grandpa's bolt action rifle or whatever it was, and loaded up a bullet and shot him in the net, and everybody remembers what happened after that.
Speaker 1: It was a whole damn thing.
Speaker 3: And the case against him is pretty strong, you know. Like I know that there's people out there, like Candice Owens and others who were like, actually it wasn't him.
Speaker 1: But I saw some pretty good takedowns of this. Like here's one.
Speaker 3: It says, hello, miss Owens, it's talking about Candace Owens, who doesn't believe Tyler Robinson is the one who killed Charlie Kirk. He says, you told millions of people that Tyler Robinson wasn't even there, that you felt confident stating that Tyler Robinson did not kill or murder Charlie Kirk. He was on camera prone on the rooftop at twelve twenty two. The shot was fired at twelve twenty three, twenty eight. His DNA was on the screwdriver at thirty quin tillion to one. His DNA is on the rifle at one point seven octillion to one. He told his family what he did. His parents helped him surrender. He texted his roommate, I am I'm sorry. When asked, are you the person who killed Charlie Kirk? He engraved, hey fascist catch on the ammunition about a month before he used it. You said police didn't even question Lance Twiggs. That was his boyfriend, the shooter's boyfriend. He was interviewed twice the FBI the morning after interviewed him, joined state and federal team. Seven months later his own attorney voluntary phone surrender.
Speaker 2: And you laughed when he said it.
Speaker 1: This is how wrong this Candice Owen's lady was about all these dumb conspiracies.
Speaker 3: You told Sean Ryan a shaped charge killed Charlie. This is one of the dumb conspiracies. The dumb conspiracies are that there was like a bomb in Charlie Kirk's microphone. He had like a wireless microphone, and it wasn't really a shooting he was. It was blown up and he died that way. So it was one of the stupid conspiracies.
Speaker 1: It's so crazy now in twenty twenty six, you don't even need that much juice to get a conspiracy going. He don't.
Speaker 2: People are ready for it.
Speaker 1: They want to be. They're the primed. They want to believe this stuff.
Speaker 3: And so like, it's so clear this guy on the roof gunshot rings out Charlie Kirk's neck is spurting blood out. I am clear what happened here, right, and it's like noope, it's all more complicated. There's no evidence behind my theory, but trust me on my theory. And a bunch of like housewives and people who abandoned the view because it got too far to the left for him and watch Candice o Ends every day are like literally convinced of this stuff. I don't know if they feel dumb when they see this information out there.
Speaker 1: You should feel dumb. You should feel a.
Speaker 3: Little dumb, because I want that feeling of being dumb, feeling dumb to sink in. So you go, huh, maybe I shouldn't listen to these retards. Maybe I should back away from some of these people who are shouting this nonsense at the top of their lungs.
Speaker 1: I feel a little dumb, but that's only because I don't know what an octilion is. Octilion like I love, Yes, you just take you if you write for the rest of the segment, you just put a one and just keep writing zero.
Speaker 3: You're gonna get to an octilion for the rest of the segment. You told Sean Ryan a shape charge killed Charlie Kirk that the PETN was in his microphone. The medical examiner said was a gun show wound. Bullet fragments were recovered from his body. A thirty odd six mouser with Robinson's DNA was found in the woods.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven zeros.
Speaker 3: You said the shot came from below, the building is above the amphitheater, on and on and on like everything about this, all the conspiracies are really really dopey and dumb. And now we know more about this because a lot of evidence has been presented. First this here's Fox News talking about how the case is shaping up.
Speaker 1: We're at four confessions.
Speaker 20: You got one to the parents, you got one through the text messages to his lover, you got one through the note that he leaves for his lover, and then you have the confession also to the police. Let's move on to the surveillance video because this is going to show the movement they presented this in court yesterday, the movement before the shooting, the actual shooting itself, and then after the shooting that was in court yesterday. The next thing, and you've seen this online. I've did a lot of dispute about this. The ballistics report they found a casing and and also the gun was loaded that they found.
Speaker 3: By the way, I just want to tell people it is okay to think that some of this stuff is like mildly funny because the guy wrote memes and stuff on the bullet casings, and uh, I mean, I just I have to admit when I remember when the press conference was going on and the cop goes the bullet casing said, hey, fascist, catch and if you read this you are gay.
Speaker 1: That one was very funny. It's okay.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have those kind of feelings pop up even though it's a bad story.
Speaker 20: They're gonna do is they're gonna look at what was fired the bullet at Charlie Kirk, and then they're gonna compare to the gun and the firing marks.
Speaker 1: Those are exclusive me.
Speaker 20: If another gun fired, those markings are not gonna be the same. That's how they linked it to the suspect.
Speaker 1: Here. Okay, then you go to this dremal tool right here?
Speaker 20: Why is this important? In the note he talks about the tool. I'm sorry, the witness on the stand, the lover talks about, uh, mister Robinson asking for this tool about a month ago to actually put those inscriptions into the bullet casings.
Speaker 1: So the dremo tool is at his house, the DNA links him to it. There's four rounds of confessions like it's just all there, it's all it's all there, all of the evidence is there. And then they had his lover, as the Fox News guy said to his lover, his lover, and Lance Twiggs was his Tyler Robinson's boyfriend. There's some suggestion that he was transgender, at least identified that way at the time. Uh, And Tyler Robinson called him by another name, a female name.
Speaker 3: And here he is. This is some of his testimony. Let's listen to that directly.
Speaker 13: Now.
Speaker 1: When I say testimony, by the way, he wasn't.
Speaker 2: Actually in the courtroom.
Speaker 3: It's his deposition that was recorded that they played back of Lance Twiggs.
Speaker 2: It's interesting that they did.
Speaker 3: It this way instead of having him actually testify in the courtroom. But they just played back his testimony.
Speaker 1: But he acted radically. Was he pacing? Are they just sitting down relaxing?
Speaker 13: No, he was.
Speaker 21: He was walking around a lot and that's within the home. And did he talk about what he had done? Didn't go into detail.
Speaker 22: He just I just asked him in personate what he said was shrew the night before, and he said it was. I started crying a little bit and said he wishes he hadn't done it, And then kept going around and just doing stuff I think to keep himself busy or distracted or something.
Speaker 21: Did he talk about what he was going to do next?
Speaker 1: They stop it a lot, They like, stop his testimony. It's really weird to have someone And then eventually he said that, okay, See, like they cut a lot of stuff out of this. The this guy was in protective custody for a while, like he was worried about testifying against Tyler Robinson, the guy who killed Charlie Kirk. How come I don't know people were gonna come after him? The guy clearly has violent urges.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean I maybe he thinks he's going to get out or yeah, or other people are going to kill him.
Speaker 22: But he seemed worried you would talk to his parents or turn himself over.
Speaker 21: And when you left, was that how you you left understanding that he was going to turn himself in or go to his parents' house.
Speaker 22: Yeah, And I didn't really want to be at our apartment while any of that was happening regardless of what went down.
Speaker 1: So you got him saying what happened that he admitted to it in a text message he had had an auto tech sent to this guy, Lance Twigs Tyler Robinson sent him a text message that said, I had the opportunity to take out Charlie Kirk and I took it and various other things.
Speaker 3: Just like a miles long of evidence in this case. But yeah, there was a long testimony there. Very weird though, I will say very weird that they did the recorded testimony and didn't have him come into the courtroom. I don't know how often they allow that to happen. We'll have to ask Moses about that. When he gets back. We'll see what he says. We always took quick breakcause I'm running a little bit behind. When we come back, we will kick off the Power Hour, the show. The Power Hour is coming up next. I'm going to use Junkie.
Speaker 1: The Power Out will be launched by the sound of my voice moments from now. But first I wanted to share something with you. Did you guys see this whole thing that was going down with the big NATO hearing? Probably not. I'm guessing Selane doesn't seem like he's watched that. Josh, now I've missed it. You miss that.
Speaker 3: I'll make it fun for you, or at least i'll make it interesting for you.
Speaker 1: If you can make a NATO hearing fun for me, I'm on board. I think I can. They did this meeting of all these world leaders, and for this NATO meeting, a lot of them end up meeting each other and saying hello, and sometimes they give each other's gifts. What a weird move.
Speaker 3: This was the President of Turkey gave everybody a parting gift and they're like, oh, thank you, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: And when they all opened it up, here's what it was. He gave them a gun and bullets. And I don't think that's so weird. You don't thinks of a room full of all the world leaders and you go in and you give them all guns and bullets. The bullets is a little more weird, but I think I think they used to have guns as gifts for like war stuff, and it's like an old timey thing. Imagine all of a sudden, some shootout opens up and all the world leaders just start opening fire with the newly gifted guns on one.
Speaker 11: Another winner is president of the world. Actually the winner gets to be global president. And he says on the gun, it was like with compliments from the State of Turkey, and they all got these guns, and he gave them to every single world leader, which is like, I don't I don't know. I hadn't heard of that happening previously, but uh, maybe this is more common, Like Zeland says, it just seems a little well, had you a little dangerous?
Speaker 3: It says, with compliments from the Islamic Republic of Turkey.
Speaker 2: It was gifted to all of the world leaders.
Speaker 3: The Belgian Prime minister was a little surprised on landing back home from the NATO summit. He looked in his luggage and they go, do you know that there's a gun in here? And he said, wait what And they started looking at what he got and then they realized in a wooden box display featuring Turkey's flag and the NATO logo, there was a revolver type handgun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was giving out to all these people the modern era, Oh, that's this thing we're talking about. In the Cold War, Soviet Premier Nikita Khrushchev gifted an ornately engraved shotgun to Dwight D. Eisenhower, then the President, to convey warm sentiments and build peaceful relations.
Speaker 17: Piece gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's a peace gun. Here's your peace gun. It came with five hundred bullets. Italian Prime Minister Georgia Moloney's revolver was already stored at the seat of Government along with other state gifts. They said.
Speaker 3: The Turkish gun makers have muscled into Europe's civilian firearms market and this is another big push for them. But yeah, they gave all the world leaders at NATO this big, beautiful gun. I mean, it's a nice gun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want one, but it just seems like, imagine we had a meeting for iHeart in the bost goes welcome in, Like the suits are all up there and they go, welcome in.
Speaker 3: We've gotten you all these very nice boxes. I want you to open them to see your gifts. And we opened them and they got us all guns and bullets.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Like well one time we got a backpack, which is great because now I can put the gun in the backpack. There you go.
Speaker 3: Right, It's an interesting move, but nobody died safe enough. Everybody survived the moment close call there, But here we go. This won't be a close call. Hopefully, let's do the Power Hour.
Speaker 1: They said it couldn't be done.
Speaker 3: Then they said, and she is like this teeny bopper with these minuscule shorts on and this tiny little top on who weighs all of like one hundred pounds.
Speaker 1: Soaken, wet, it's time for the Power Hour on the news, Chunky, that was accurate? What is that about? Was that not an accurate description? Long description? Well, it's a radio show. People don't see the video. You saw it because you edited it. Try to say, there's a human. There's a human on one side and a human on the other side, and those are the only details you need to know about this. Okay, all right, Well maybe next time human one bear sprayed human too. Yeah, that's not enough. People didn't know what the folks look like. She's a teeny bopper.
Speaker 3: All right, we head into the Power Hour here face first, and the world is wondering what's gonna happen. There's potential that that Graham Platner story is not quite done just yet, not quite done just yet. I'll bring this up here real quick in front of me and Graham Platner. If you don't know, I'll get you caught up very very quickly, and I'll I'll tell you why it makes sense. And while we're talking about it, But Grand Platner is this guy who was pulled out of obscurity by this weird ass couple in Maine and they said, here's what we want to do. We want to make you the next senator of Maine. And he's like me, and they're like, yeah, you're gonna be great. People are gonna love you. All the maners, all the manors would be won over by this guy. And then they called him a oyster farmer, I believe, And they had.
Speaker 1: This whole story. But this problem was with see.
Speaker 3: True, they always want there to be some like sult of the Earth type that can be a representative for the Democrats, like they want like a Joe the Plumber type dude, and so they fall for these guys all the time. But Graham Plattner, his biggest problem is he just kept lying about everything, and so one thing after another comes out. People start questioning all these things and then there's accusations.
Speaker 1: Are the accusations true? I don't know. You don't know either, you know, nobody knows. We just have to go on what we have. But you said you thought the accusation sounded a little uh more believable because some of the evidence that was submitted with stuff that happened before he was running for senate, Like it was the woman who was accusing him in the political ad of going over to her house. Apparently she texted him and said, I need somebody to massage my glutes, and he responded, I'm coming over and she said, no, please do come here, and he said, no, I'm coming over. And he shows up at her house anyway, in the middle of the night. He's drunk as a skunk, and she says she told him to stop and not to do it, but he had sex with her anyways, and there's a word for that, it's rape. And she says at the time she confided this in multiple people. She didn't call the cops, but she said that she confided this in multiple people at the time. And then she also said that she sent him an Instagram message saying you know what you did to me was wrong and highlighting what he did, but she couldn't recover that Instagram message. I think she claims she deleted it, and I don't think he's going to be forthcoming if she did send it to him. All right, here's my side of it. Here you go.
Speaker 3: But all we know in so many of these cases is what she said and he said. But when when I find out you're lying about a whole bunch of other stuff, like your Nazi tattoos and these kind of things, I'm gonna assume that the other person is telling them the truth because you have a history of lying. That's generally what we can expect. But then they came out and said Graham Platner is going to be suspending his campaign, which is always funny that they say it that way. If you're quitting, just say you're quitting. If you're dropping out, you're dropping out. But suspending the campaign is one way to do it.
Speaker 1: And now they're saying that he's waiting until the very last minute to formally withdraw, so he may even have some plan where he goes, you know what, The last moment for me to drop out is on on Monday, so last day under main law that he can drop out. He says, on Monday, I intend to file the paperwork with the Secretary of State to remove my name from the ballot.
Speaker 3: But does he actually do it? Does he try to see if he can get some support before them? Well, I don't know, and you don't know either. We're going to see next week if this actually happens or not, or if this is the end of the Graham Platner story. Let us know what you think. Set a dispatcher an email over at thenewschunkie dot com. Okay, let's see here a couple of things I wanted to to do. Let's take some time to work in things. I teased this a couple of days ago and actually never got to us. But I have been watching the story, folks, Just so you know of this, Nolan Wells.
Speaker 1: Guy's a young guy, all right, Nolan Wells.
Speaker 3: If you don't know, if you haven't heard this story at all, the young guy who was hanging out with his friends, he is eighteen years old, and he went to Horn Island off the coast of Mississippi. See how come we learn about Horn Island. Let's seef we can bring that up.
Speaker 1: Horn Island is where they went. Have you ever heard of this place, Josh? Or no? You only in this story, all right?
Speaker 3: They went to this little island where they were partying. He's eighteen years old.
Speaker 1: Horn Island is one letter away from being the next reality competition series like that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Nolan Wells eighteen years old. He was found dead two days after going on a July fourth trip with his friends to this Horn Island off the coast of Mississippi, which I'd not been familiar with.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at it.
Speaker 3: It literally is right off the coast of Biloxi or Biloxi, Mississippi.
Speaker 1: S this skinny little island. How big is it? It is like about four point two miles down like long, yeah, but less than a mile wide at its widest point. All right.
Speaker 3: So he's partying with his Buddi's July fourth weekend on this little island off the coast of Mississippi. They found his body eventually at the northwest tip of this island, and there's a lot of confusion around that. There's been some stories that say this was there's no evidence that a homicide occurred. They're being kind of tight lipped about actually what killed this young man. But Nolan Wells is eighteen and his friends are right around that age. He's black. His friends that are in the photograph with him are White. The only reason that matters is because Benjamin Crump has entered the chat and he's representing the family, and they don't believe the story here. So it is a couple of different things to note, all right, the family doesn't believe the official story. They were out there on this Horn island and he expected to get a ride back to the mainland with somebody else. So he told his friends, I'm going to stay right The boat that the friends were on began taking on water because they had a bilge pump issue. The group said, let's get the hell out of here. He said, I'm going to stay on this island. His family says, no, we don't believe this is the whole story. Some witnesses said that Nolan planned to get back on the same boat with his friends, contradicting the claim that he voluntarily stayed behind.
Speaker 1: The friend said, Nope, that's not true. A young woman who.
Speaker 3: Reportedly spoke with Nolan shortly before he disappeared as an account that doesn't match what some of his friends said. There's a reportedly video of an argument involving this Nolan kid, the eighteen year old. There's a report of him in an argument shortly before he vanished, and then his attorney says his phone was taken by his friends later returned to his family, and perhaps some messages had been deleted, and we can look into all those. I don't know if those are true or not, but those are at least it's the speculation. He was last seeing that afternoon on the island. The boat returned without him. His mother reported him missing that night. Search teams look through the night into the next day. His body was found near the northwest end of Horn Island, not far from where he was last seen. They have suggested drowning as possible, but the official cause of death has not been released, pending in the autopsy. The biggest unresolved questions if you hear about this story of Nolan, if you hear about him and his family and Nolan Wells the story, the biggest questions outstanding are why did the boat leave without him? Did he actually choose to stay or was he trying to leave with that group? What happened immediately before he disappeared, Why do witnesses accounts conflict?
Speaker 1: And why what does the video of this argument show? And I guess what happened with his phone? So some questions about this. If you see that story going on out there, that's what's going on. The family was on Good Morning America today, So the story has been getting a little bit more attention, and I'm certainly keeping an eye on it. We'll see what happens next as that progresses quick Break. When we come back, we're going to do a grab bag segment to wrap up all this stuff that we haven't covered that has been teas either throughout the week or today. One of them, one of the stories that I wanted to get into is about this this chopper. I'll explain when we come back, but a military chopper, a military chopper in South Carolina is in trouble for something it did. So we'll talk about that too, and we'll go over everything else that we need to to wrap things up for the week that's coming up next on the News Junkie. Are you guys familiar with Keith Hernandez. Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty surprised both of you in the seland and Josh you both know Keith Hernandez. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know him, I think because I believe he was in Seinfeld one time, Wasn't Is that true?
Speaker 1: Kay's that's all I know, I know, Keith Hernandez. Was that the one today they recreated the JFK shooting, but it was like a spit. Yes, yeah, you might have been. My father in law is a big fan of that episode. It's a good one. Actually.
Speaker 3: Keith Hernandez, I have to tell you, he's a strange guy. And I know it's a weird thing to work into the show here, but we have so much viral news to get into, so much controversial stuff wild ride that we'll get on as we continue here. But I just wanted to share this with somebody, so you guys have to go along with me. First clip I have for you Keith Hernandez. He's announcing the Mets game. That's his gig. He's for the MLB, an announcer for the New York Mets. It's because he used to play for the Mets, as far as I'm aware. And one thing that he did was I've never heard this happen before, just blatant plugola in the middle of one of their broadcasts because they're so bored with the baseball game that they're talking over.
Speaker 2: And if you don't know what plug ole is, what in radio?
Speaker 1: We have some things we have to be careful about plug ola, payola, these kind of things. Payola is when somebody is paying you to talk about their product. Plug gol is when you're like trading plugs, like like a spot a commercial for either items or goods.
Speaker 3: Did I get that right? I take the test every year, but I forget half the time.
Speaker 1: Plug goal is like when you're plugging a business that you have like a stake in, but.
Speaker 3: You're but you're not legally doing it, Like you have to be upfront with the radio station. And if you're sneakily promoting stuff for money, it's a plug ol of thing.
Speaker 2: You have to be forthcoming with your connection.
Speaker 1: And I think payola is usually about music, like paying you get the music on prom the station, but there could be things where you're just openly kind of asking for people to give you free stuff, which are pretty close and that's what happened. I think here with Keith Hernandez, let's listen to.
Speaker 8: This uniform topic with the real deep blue? Do I get better than the powder blue? I do very much, So it's too faded for me. See, I like the powdered blues because it reminds me, okay, very weird already. They're just talking about the jerseys and like, you like the blue?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: I like the powder blue. Do you like the powder blue?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that when they're just talking about George.
Speaker 1: Bread and Frank White and great Royals team. It does. But I never cared for that uniform. Did you like the cardinal powder blue better? We love the powder because I love wearing those.
Speaker 8: I do not have a powder blue jersey.
Speaker 1: Someone I'm sure can get you a cardinal power upotet.
Speaker 3: All right, So he says, I don't have one of those powder blue jerseys, and then the other guys blue jersey with number thirty.
Speaker 1: And that's why I mentioned it on the air.
Speaker 13: There.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that someone's listening in Saint Louis. I do not have them.
Speaker 8: I have a white I saved my white jersey, but I didn't get my my wrote blue.
Speaker 1: So okay.
Speaker 3: It's of note that they're just blabbing about this during a baseball game, right the baseball No one is talking about the baseball game at all. Right, Barbecue Baby says, what a slow game? I guess so, I guess so. But he's just openly asking. He's like, that's why I talked about it on the radio. I don't have a baby bluebody would hear this and send me one? Anybody out there wants to send me a jersey?
Speaker 1: I don't even know if I would call this plugola. They just begging for free stuff. He's just asking them to send something. And in the middle of a game, right nobody's talking about the game.
Speaker 3: No, that's happening here. That's one small example. The other one that's gotten much more attention six million views. Keith Hernandez starts talking about his kids and how his kids aren't having any grandchildren for him, and he just starts complaining about how like his lineage is coming to a dead end again middle of the baseball games. They're supposed to be talking about the baseball game here is I'll play this word.
Speaker 1: I want to get to the last half. Billy. You were talking about burning out the line. Yes, I didn't think that we could leave that as fire ahead and convoluted. Jesse, my oldest has two kids.
Speaker 8: She's my adoptive daughter, so she's not in my line.
Speaker 1: He's not my real daughter. Why are we talking about this line? What is happening? This is a baseball game. Who's on first, Like, what's going on here?
Speaker 3: She's talking about his daughter has had children, so he has grandkids, but his daughter is not his actual child. So first of all, I throws he throws that out, like, you're not my real kids.
Speaker 8: So my brother has two kids and they're in their forties and they're not they're not married. I don't think they're gonna have kids. My two in their forties, they're not gonna have kids. I won't go into to one of them.
Speaker 1: Well, that's not gonna happen. What is that means? Drug addict?
Speaker 14: Gay?
Speaker 1: Gay? By the way, I just want to point out it's the top of the sixth and it's nine to nine, so it's a pretty good game. Like, this is a pretty good game going on, and it's the New York Mets versus Kansas City. You're not going to go into Michael. He's a bit of a Mary. I want to go are you guys, Are you guys completely bored of the game? You sean what's happening right now? So the line is burned down, just ended. There was a pitch there. I thought.
Speaker 2: I thought the guy who hit that was bird.
Speaker 1: No, you're talking about you're saying that.
Speaker 2: The lineage is burned out.
Speaker 1: He's not gonna have any more grandkids. Line is with my gay son. Usually they'll at least do the oh a strike down the middle right there and go back to whatever.
Speaker 3: They didn't even pretend they were interested in the game.
Speaker 8: And I've got too, Jesse's like my own and not Maggie, and for my grandkids, and that's I love them very much.
Speaker 1: But but it's ball four. Yeah, it finally goes back to the baseball game. What the hell, there's no passing down. We're done, my brother, and we're done that. All of your collective.
Speaker 8: Athletic skills and and and your charisma.
Speaker 1: Just going to waste. Go see a therapist. He's like, I look at my adopted daughter children with such disdain. Yeah, Tany says this show Sean doesn't watch baseball games. Tanya, Is this literally a frequent occurrence that they talk about what they're not their grandkids are going to give are if there their children going to have any more babies or their lineage just done? Maybe not about this, maybe not about this specific topic, but the tangent in the baseball broadcast is huge. It's a very common thing. That's it's so weird to me. They weren't even pretending to pay attention to the game there at all. He's just talking about how his kids are in their forties, they're not going to have any grandkids for them, and then his whole lineage just burned down. All right, I guess that's the state of baseball in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's where we're at. Let us know what you think.
Speaker 3: Send a dispatch over at thenewschunky dot com right now, give way back.
Speaker 1: Somebody would be in their ear going, hey, guys talk about the baseball game. It's time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like a producer or something.
Speaker 1: Even the guy that lost his job while apologizing on the air for accidentally being live when he said there's a bunch of F word for gays in Milwaukee or something like that. Yeah yeah, even that guy actively called the game while he was apologizing. Yeah, that was great. Oh my god, can we find that soow? Remember what that guy's name was. We gotta take a break, okay, oh we do.
Speaker 3: All right, we're gonna we'll come back with the final dispatches. Stories that didn't make the cut, and today learned to wrap it up for the whole damn week, I didn't even get in the Chopper story, so I'll do that too. We'll get it all worked in and wrap up the week.
Speaker 1: It's coming up next on the News Junkie. I wanted to take a moment.
Speaker 3: I did this a little bit on the stream just to say thank you everybody for listening to the show. If you give us even just a segment or an hour, or you know, all of these segments of four hours every single day, five days a week, and then even some of you over on Secret Shows, thank you for hanging out with us. Thank you for giving us your attention, your ear and.
Speaker 1: Your eyes and all of that. I want you to know we.
Speaker 3: Continue to try to put together a great show every single day, and you supporting through Secret Show subscriptions or just subscribing yourself is such an awesome way to show us that you're out there and that you like what you're hearing.
Speaker 1: So thank you for that.
Speaker 3: As always, you can continue to submit dispatches throughout the weekend. We usually try to get to the best of those on Monday. A lot of different emails coming in. Let's see what you got for us on the way out. Here's somebody saying Keith Hernandez. Here's another classic Keith moment. Let's see he is a strange gentleman.
Speaker 1: This is it? Yes? And what that is?
Speaker 2: A twenty five dollars hot dog?
Speaker 1: Folks, if you need a knife and fourteen? My goodness, how much meat is an a twenty five dollars hot dog? I mean a few pounds, right?
Speaker 2: I guess this is just what they do during these games.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's born. I'm talking about the hot dog.
Speaker 3: I think there was an attractive woman eating the hot dog. I guess is what he was talking about. There a lot of people emailed about Keith Hernandez.
Speaker 1: Your apology that we talked about from Tom Brenneman, Yeah, has its own Wikipedia page, does it? And we apologize in the middle of the play by play? Well did a play by play in the middle of the apology? Yeah, a wicked page is called a drive into deep left field by Castellanos. It's all about the thing and it has the full text of the apology. You know, three zero ball game with the reds in front of the rolls. As we go off the top half of the inning, Castellana's lead things off, then he starts the apology. Jim Day's going to take over the rest of this. I made a comment earlier, and then he says, I say, from the bottom of my heart, I'm so very very sorry. I pride myself and think of myself as a man of faith. As there's a drive in a deep left field by Castellanos, it'll be a home run and that'll make it a four to oho ball game. I don't know if I'm going to be putting on this headset again. I don't know if it's going to be for the Reds. YadA YadA, YadA, bro. I guess people use it on the internet as a copy post.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that depends pretty funny, hilarious.
Speaker 1: So somebody will just put it in a random comment threat and they go three zero ball game with the Reds in the front of the Royals at the top of the fifth inning. His apology for saying on a live on a hot mic the F word for gays and then have to apologize.
Speaker 2: Does he still work or is he?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He has a Wikipedia page too, but I don't know if he's later broadcasting work. He was a play by play announcer for the Roberto Clemente League in Puerto Rico for twenty twenty to twenty twenty one season. So he's gonna be doing some smaller stuff, so he says the offensive thing. He loses his job.
Speaker 3: He finally gets a job back on the CW. On July twenty first, twenty twenty four, Brenneman announced that he would return to broadcasting as a lead commentator for CW Football Saturday. On that same day, Castellanos hit a home run, leading to the commentator of the game repeating.
Speaker 1: That's great, man, It ain't that something I like controlling like that, Like, yeah, when what's his name? The guy that's hosting Jeopardy right now, Ken Jennings when he started hosting, I don't even know if they had named him full on host yet, but one of the people who knew they were losing the game for their final Jeopardy response, they put the response that took Ken Jennings out of his run, like years and years and years ago, and he was just like, oh man, God just gonna dig in at us. God.
Speaker 3: There is something else I wanted to mention because a lot of people are talking about it. Meta has released a new AI tool and people don't like it. It says Meta has enabled a setting that allows anybody to use your public Instagram photos to create AI generated images of you, unless you opt out. To opt out, you hit your profile, go into profile, hit the three bars the top right, and scroll down in the settings.
Speaker 1: To sharing and reuse.
Speaker 3: And in Sharing and Reuse, apparently there's a part that says allow people to reuse your content on Instagram and uh and Facebook with AI features at meta. So there's like, there's a setting for letting everybody else use your Instagram photos to make like AI generations of them, and you have to shut that off if you don't want them to use it. A lot of people have been reacting to this. They don't seem to be happy with the feature.
Speaker 1: Josh is already turning it off. Yeah, we're a bitch.
Speaker 3: Speaking of AI, did like this somebody called Marie Claire, the magazine that somehow is still around. I guess they did a story on the Odyssey of the movie and it says what the odyssey is about Penelope just can't make up her mind between two guys, and I'm just trying to like help her make a decision. It's like, it's fine, he's dead, get over it. The actor joked and then the article continues. This version feels a little tighter and more magazine style and embracing his villain era lands more naturally than the left the ai AI recommendation in the article and got busted doing it.
Speaker 1: So there you go. Okay, that's going to have to do it for today and the week we have time for. I mentioned this, let me work it in this particular chopper flyover has led to these folks getting in trouble. They flew right over the beach pretty low, very low.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know that I've ever seen it buzz the tower.
Speaker 17: Low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they might be like one hundred feet off the ground over the beach.
Speaker 2: Got that guy right there is just cruising.
Speaker 3: And there was somebody saying that the investigation was underway for the Apache pilots who flew over this South Carolina beach. Pete Hegseth, the Secretary of War, has said that he's going to fix the suspensions imposed on the eight crew members who flew over the beach.
Speaker 1: That'll do it. Let's get the hell out of here, let's do today. I learned following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ. So don't get cocky what we call today. It is todaylorn for a Friday, July tenth, twenty twenty six. Thank you, Josh, great, you're welcome as always. Have a great weekend, ceiling, you have a great weekend as well. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh, because I didn't a great job.
Speaker 1: Great jobs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he didn't make the pic a side song yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I get to pick a side, so he's turn a point. He had a point.
Speaker 1: Okay, today, learn this movie series right here, Star Wars. Star Wars is correct. George Lucas, creator of Star Wars. One of the muppets, Maestro Jim Henson to originally waste the role of Yoda in the Star Wars series, which would have sounded very different. I imagine, right, a little bit Henson there, but a little.
Speaker 3: More like that probably today learned petting a dog for fifteen minutes can lower your blood pressure by ten percent.
Speaker 1: I got to put that on them.
Speaker 3: You don't have to see lan, but any extended period of time of petting your dog, how about you pet Lexi a little bit and get that blood pressure.
Speaker 1: Then you do drop Lexi all the time.
Speaker 3: It will drop a little bit ten percent down. Sounds good. Recent I will that little closet. I already I was already telling this dream people. I was like, I'm wearing a cavalier King Charles Spaniel's shirt and I forgot one time and walked her around the neighborhood. I said, what a loser a dog walking a dog with the dog breed shirt on?
Speaker 2: Is so lame like the content.
Speaker 1: Yeah, today I learned this band van Halen, not van Hagar.
Speaker 3: David Lee Roth, frontman of Van Halen in the early eighties, used to pay his road crew one hundred dollars for every woman they would bring him backstage. He started the ban in nineteen seventy two and he really just wanted to meet the ladies.
Speaker 1: Sounds a little traffic, little trafficking, sounds a little trafficking.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for hacking out with us.
Speaker 1: We do appreciate it.
Speaker 2: We're back on Monday, same time, same place.
Speaker 1: Listening to the show, get the podcast in Thenewsjoky dot com. We'll see you Monday, everybody,