Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, he's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: The pipes, the pipes, the pie.
Speaker 3: Don't miss an episode. We're with you. Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show.
Speaker 1: Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 4: I don't crack. He's the under pressure puss. Puss puss, get your poozzo out and get your foods. So going.
Speaker 3: It's just hard, and it's hard because it's hard.
Speaker 4: It's just hard. Gosh, it's hard.
Speaker 3: Warriors, big get We're not ready. Right over there, there's some people smoking weed.
Speaker 5: Come on, we are not going to hide who we are just because some horse shakes her ass.
Speaker 3: You see the march. It couldn't be anything else.
Speaker 4: Every man must wear out at least one pair of fool's shoes.
Speaker 2: Tell me you Spetro saying Monum five seven Ela Sports were live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. One more hour to go as we have Clippers basketball tonight taking on the Philadelphia seventy six ers pre game. At what they got you doing, Matt Drugs is what is what Paul George is doing? Drugs to the tune of a twenty five game substance abuse penalty?
Speaker 4: Would they get you doing it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Drugs? It would they let you doing performance enhancing drugs? Suspension? I believe courtesy of the league. So when he's not hurt and missing at least a quarter or a third of the season, he's taking substances that get him suspended for a third of that.
Speaker 4: Would never happen in Lebron James Hack No, not your Bron Lames.
Speaker 2: Now with that John that Beard back, no seven o'clock tip, and the Lakers are ice cold. The Clippers are red hot. You know, just knocked off Phoenix after loosing in Denver on Friday night.
Speaker 4: One. They'd lost one.
Speaker 2: They lost one, Not a big deal. Twenty three and twenty five, still plenty of opportunity with two home games here today and Wednesday before the All Star break. That is coming up, I think the like eleventh or twelfth or something like that, so plenty of time for them to try to get over five hundred and smack dab in the middle of the Western Conference playoff hunt. We love the Clippers on the Petros and Money Show. It's been that way all season.
Speaker 4: Well, speaking of that, the NBA All Star twenty twenty six has taken over LA this February. Don't miss Castrol Rising Stars, the Ruffles All Star Celebrity Game, NBA Crossover, and the NBA HBCU Classic presented by at a t more events one Epic Hoops Weekend. Get tickets at NBA events dot com. Keep yourself listening all week to AM five seventy LA Sports, and the Pettersen Money Show has your tickets for you to shake your steak ass to the Castro Rising Stock on February thirteenth, Let's go. And we also have the Super Bowl Matt at Super Bowl Week. That's Super Bowl sixty kick off at three point thirty on Sunday on AM five seventy LA Sports. No conflict problem with the Rams here because they ain't planning.
Speaker 2: Matt will happen right.
Speaker 4: The latest on the Ramlemma ding Dongs and Sean McVay and Matt Stafford and all that in the very next segment with the top story of the day, but right now brought to you by our friends at the Masters in Coaching program at Concordia University, Irvine. Because coach knows what's going on, like Coach dy Smith who joined us, you could be a very special person and make an impact and get nationally recognized, just like Coach Dyland. If you learn a little bit more, just a little bit more at the.
Speaker 2: Masters in Coaching, it's going to take over the whole show.
Speaker 4: It's just to learn a little bit more. So you could earn a little bit more. Go to Cui dot edu slash coaching in effect. Yeah, we're three, that's CUI dot edu slash coach coaching.
Speaker 2: The word resume comes from the French word resumeher, meaning to summarize. Did you know Leonardo da Vinci is credited with the first resume. It came in a letter sent around fourteen eighty one to a potential employer, Ladovoco Sorsa, but instead of a long form explanation of his qualifications, which was the standard at the time, he instead put it in what we now know to be resume for how about that?
Speaker 4: I don't know why, Davince she asked to ride her life. The one person that wouldn't have to ride a resume it would be Leonardo da Vinci, Right right. You just kind of roll, you roll in there with your your air air airplane, helicopter, pedal machine exactly.
Speaker 6: No science, dick on the guy. Time down with the cricket, comes quickets, Come make.
Speaker 4: A quick y'all? Yeah, Sunday in Santa Claara, Super Bowl sixty kick off at three point thirty here on AI seventy l A Sports.
Speaker 2: You're home of the Super Bowl six every year. Man, that's what we do. Super Bowl. You're driving around, you're running a litle bit late, or you got a bunch of people at the house. They ate all the tostitos, scoops and the wife's yelling at you because there's dip left, but no scoops. Don't miss a second of the Super Bowl. Listen to it right here, the same place you always do. Patriots v. Seahawks.
Speaker 4: The Rams announced today that they have signed head coach Sean McVay and GM Les Snead to a contract extension. Since twenty seventeen, the Rams have made the playoffs seven times, playing in three NFC Championship Games and two Super Bowls. Matt will have more on that with the top story of the day. And the international stuff was announced today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they start Super Bowl week. They do more through the combine the draft. That is the first part of the schedule that has always released, the international games, and we have another new one this year.
Speaker 4: Last night, Matt, the NFL Honors, that's your favorite?
Speaker 2: Oh, I love the NFL Honors. It's just, you know, let's have an awards Sarah.
Speaker 4: See television for you? What?
Speaker 2: Well, I let you know, to be fully honest, the thing that I really enjoy is the red carpet w Yeah. Yeah, Well they're all the meanium types. And I want to see what the media types that cover the NFL are wearing when they walk the red carpet.
Speaker 4: Oh, I want to see what Hannah storms with exactly. Hey, what about the All Star weekend just being a few weeks away. At the end to it, Dome Balmer paid out a lot of money to fund his own arena, and it is an example of how you're supposed to build an arena in the modern day world, the NBA is coming to it for the weekend, but none of Balmer's players will be in the All Star Game. None zero zero, Not one Clipper player was elected as a starter or picked as a reserve. Now Kawhi Leonard and Kawhi Leonard is playing good basketball. Yeah, wow, that's a real uh double. Little Finger didn't need any public money, didn't need the league, the politic politic that he was going to move the team to Seattle if the city didn't help him out. Just wrote a check for about two billion dollars to build his basketball palace.
Speaker 2: Not a peep. And he can't get freaking Kawhi Leonard who's averaging twenty eight points per game on freaking fifty percent shooting, six rebounds, four assists, two steals.
Speaker 4: It's a real kick to the main sound.
Speaker 2: Yeah that really is Wow, No wonder he's so freaking pissed.
Speaker 4: And maybe the NBA is like, hey, wear it, We're not going to prosecute you for playing guy paying guys under the table.
Speaker 2: That could be it, like, hey, you know you put Kawhi in and then he's got to do press and then they're asking about the deal and then you gotta be you know, this way you can just kind of you know, hardcore Clipper, keep doing what you're doing.
Speaker 7: They could have done what Baseball did with Clayton Kershaw with Lebron James. Give him an honorary This is your final time you're going to the All Star Game because you're Lebron, and then let Kawhi in or let a Clipper.
Speaker 4: Ah.
Speaker 7: Right, you know there's ways to bend the rules here and make him an honorary player.
Speaker 4: You know, you think maybe they'll still do it.
Speaker 3: Well, we have time.
Speaker 7: Somebody could get hurt, you know, on hamstring, soft tissue, injury, moment.
Speaker 4: Soft issue.
Speaker 7: These guys are stronger than they were thirty years ago.
Speaker 4: They are it's a much harder game than it was thirty years ago, and it's hard with the pillows on the road. Lebron also meant, yeah, not being in your own.
Speaker 2: Bet, not being in your well, yeah, that was the thing is back in the day when worthy, you know, our friend was traveling, you got to take your bet with you. That was you know, like even though you flew commercial, you could bring your bet. Carry on, that's a cargo play.
Speaker 4: Take your bet pictures and catchers report to camel back Who's back on February thirteenth. The first spring training game here on AM five seventy is Saturday, February twenty first, everybody's excited and new Dodger reliever Eddie Diaz Ohnol he will pitch for Portoo in the WBC. He doesn't care about what happened when he tore his ACL. Edwin, I know you like, but just dancing around.
Speaker 2: What do you think? Maybe maybe don't do it?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: The Dodgers got a bunch of guys playing in the WBC and March Show. Hey Yamamoto, Will Smith, I saw Kim and now the man who tore his ACL a few years back in the day, cele Patty Grosso. It was not great, not great at all, grammatica esque.
Speaker 4: San Francisco Giants CEO. Larry Bear was on The Dan Patrick Show today and Dan Patrick just a brilliant interviewer. Dan, you're so good.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: He asked about the Dodgers much think Dan asked the guy you know if he thinks the Dodgers are good or bad for the sport. Here's what Larry had to say.
Speaker 2: Fill in the blank. The Dodgers are blank for base.
Speaker 5: The Dodgers are a great competitor for baseball for the Giants.
Speaker 2: Do you hate do you hate the Dodgers?
Speaker 5: Hey, I don't think you know this. It's an interesting discussion. I think you probably are. You've talked to the commissioner about this and others. You know, let's just take all the sports and here we are, you know, at super Bowl Week. I think having a dragon to slay in a sport, and if you go back, it was, you know, in the NFL was what's upon a time the Cowboys, the forty nine ers had their run.
Speaker 4: That's not all bad.
Speaker 5: The Yankees did that in baseball you could say that's the Dodgers now having a dragon to slay? Is it necessarily a bad thing for the sport? We want to beat the Dodgers and we want to be at the top of the division and one day and we want to be the dragon to slay. You know, baseball is unpredictable as well. When we won three championships in twenty ten, twelve, and fourteen, we weren't predicted to win any of those years, and we didn't have a top five payroll any of those years. So hats off to the Dodger organization because they've done it with obviously high priced players, but they've also done it with farm system and development.
Speaker 2: You know, that's a that's a high quality answer, high quality answer from Larry pointing out, you know, we didn't have a top five payroll and we won three freaking World Series, So what's the big deal. Man, Let's let's have a villain, let's have a dragon. Let's let's freaking get after it.
Speaker 4: Yeah. That Larry called Jeff Passon and had a thirty minute, heated conversation about how wrong.
Speaker 2: He went, Yeah, how unfair it is, and how there's going to be a strike because the Dodger's son, Kyle Tucker.
Speaker 4: Well, that didn't piss me off, but this will. Lincoln Riley was on AMPI seventy earlier today with old Colin cow Hurd, and the USC head coach was asked about his thoughts on NIL now that they are a year or two into it.
Speaker 8: You know, now there's not just one part of the country paying players. Everybody's able to do it. And it's a great thing because I do think it's created a much more level playing field and it's given schools the opportunity to really compete if they want to invest, and I think it's been a great thing for players. We all know there's still parts of it to be worked out. It's obviously not a finished product by any stretch of the imagination, but it has gotten better. There has been a lot of positives, and I think you're going to continue to see a lot of great stories, a lot of new opportunities for all different types of program programs, which I think is really good for the sport as a whole.
Speaker 4: Fight don't fight, don't fight, don't At least USC a blue blood just stays on top. You know, they never have any dips.
Speaker 2: Like it's I love hearing it. But if you're Lincoln Riley, former coach at Oklahoma who hasn't been to the playoff, you know the c is going to have a field day on his Bootso over that one. I mean the fine Bomb show Powell. I heard what Lincoln Ryan said, and that ship it's in Groundhog day to day.
Speaker 4: I don't think Fine Bombs stuck his head out since Indiana.
Speaker 2: One, So since he said it was, it will go down as one of the dumbest decisions in the history of college football to give Kurt Signetti that extension that they would rue the day now they will rue the day that they gave him that extension. The man has proven nothing. All he did was get squashed by Notre Dame in the last playoff. This is one of the worst. Yeah, that's a fair point. He has been. He has been a hiding since.
Speaker 4: Probably you'd have to crane his neck out of the hole. I don't think Indiana had to deal with the countlet that Alabamoa did. It's not even the service. No, you're right. Yes, all you guys do is win games maybe every once in a while, and then the rest of them are like hypothetical. It's like, well, if we were more motivated that.
Speaker 2: Come on, you beat each other up, and when it comes time to play the real conferences like the Mountain West and the Sun Belt, you get your heads kicked in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because we're tired of beating each other, tired of beating up on Kentucky.
Speaker 2: So tired.
Speaker 4: We'll be back with the top story of the day about the rams on Petrosen money on AMPI seventy LA Sports. You're home of the Dodgers.
Speaker 3: This is petros and.
Speaker 1: Money to man demand, Thanks for listening, everybody.
Speaker 4: Coming up next, we will have Clippers basketball. Everybody looking forward to that, and why wouldn't you the Clippers? And it's hard to say it without feeling a little bad about the way we talked about them earlier in the year, But the Clippers are playing as well as anybody in the NBA, which is mostly disinterested basketball. But they're taking on the seventy six ers. What they got you doing? Steroid bad? Describe it? Yes, turns out they do Paul six with fully functional employee Adam. But thank you for listening. Don't forget your podcast the show or stream it live on the iHeartRadio app. And what they get you doing? Steroids? It's time for the top story of the day.
Speaker 3: Top story of the day.
Speaker 2: Well to a sport where perhaps steroids were once prevalent, but no longer. Rarely do you hear about performance enhancing drugs in the NFL. Good news p for the Rams. Sean McVay less sneed tied to one another. Both contracts up. Could have been free agents, but as many suspected, they are locked up. They have signed their extensions. Wasn't really in question, but remember a few years back, Sean McVay was very seriously thinking about leaving coaching, was burnt out. Amazon was throwing a massive amount of money at him, more considerably more than he was making to coach, and to have to deal with that grind to just show up for fifteen Thursday night football games with Al Michaels as an analyst. They thought they had him, The football world thought he was gonna take the gig. Looked like Amazon was going to make a huge splash by landing one of the more dynamic personalities in football and a Super Bowl winning coach. And they ended up with Kirk Kirk Street. Maybe that was a panic move, k Street and his dog Peter.
Speaker 4: All right, you're gonna tell a story, tell her, you know, I mean, it wasn't just think of all the extra clicks they got exactly because it's Kirk kurb Street and his dog and not just five foot five McVeigh all swollen angry.
Speaker 2: I guess when the names were Aikman Romo McVeigh, they were willing to write a big check and you end up with Kirk. Maybe not quite the same deal, but like you said, you do get the dog, so whatever. So like McVeigh when he did his last deal after flirting with Amazon for fifteen million per, making him the highest paid coach in the game, and with Andy Reid now surpassing that considerably making twenty mil per, I would imagine that Sean McVay salary is north of Andy Reid's, once again making him the highest paid coach in the league. It doesn't count against the cap, just the Rams bottom line. No big deal, doesn't matter how much it is, he's worth it. If they didn't want to make him the highest paid coach in the NFL and he decided to walk, you would probably have twenty five, if not more, teams ready to make him the highest paid head coach in the league. And with how well the Rams have drafted, with how well they've used trades free agency, I imagine the same could be said for less Sneed likely one of, if not the highest paid general manager in football. He gets value late. One of our favorites, Quinton Lake, was a sixth round pick Pukinakua, Kiron Williams, fifth round picks Byron Young, Kobe Yes, don't f them picks. Don't f them picks.
Speaker 4: Some of those picks were not picks you want to have I.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't want to have Pooka. I mean, maybe you do, but I don't, you know what I mean, Like Kyron Williams, seems like you didn't.
Speaker 4: You didn't have to put that on. He saw the guy's T shirt. You're sitting here washing his sack.
Speaker 2: His only first rounder was Jared Verse, and that guy ended up becoming the defensive rookie of the year. I think he was picked nineteenth, one of the better defensive linemen out there. Uh. In free agency, of course this past season he landed Devonte Adams, who had a lot of suitors, and they won that sweep stakes. And of course the trade a couple of years back, many years back, actually about a half decade back now for the likely MVP of the season, Matthew Stafford. So the extensions make sense. Of course, that's not really worthy of a top story on the Petros and Money Show. No, there's got to be some negative.
Speaker 4: Hell, what is I mean? Come up?
Speaker 2: Here's the more interesting part. Both snead and McVeigh in their post extension reporter scrum in which they were getting their quotes out there to the media, where you know, Stan Kronky is saying things like, oh, you know this Lesson Sean have been so important at the City of Los Angeles and we couldn't be more proud for them to share with the City of Los Angeles and be stewards for football in the City of Los Angeles. Along with that, these two made sure to mention Matthew Stafford, saying in a statement to the AP about his extension, this is McVeigh quote. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, like you guys that he still wants to go play.
Speaker 4: I don't believe you. You know he's coming back.
Speaker 2: Well, here's the interesting part of it, Bee, we go back less than a year late. February was February twenty eighth, twenty twenty five, just ahead of the opening a free agency that the Rams shared that Matthew Stafford was not retiring, that he let the team know he wanted a return in twenty twenty five. That was February twenty eight, twenty twenty five. At that time, he was making a bargain basement quarterback salary of twenty seven million dollars per year, way out of line with what the quarterback salaries were at the time. Was looking for a raise, I mean, justin Herbert was making double that that past year, and whatever the Rams initially offered, he clearly didn't like it, and he went out shopping and they did not get their deal done with Matthew Stafford until May, over two months after their statement that Matthew Stafford was not retiring but was returning to play football. It was not a great deal for Stafford. We discussed it at the time. There were a lot of whispers that he was not happy about the number of the Rams put out there, that he was totally good taken the Giants one hundred million dollars for two years, that he was even more good taking the Raiders one hundred million dollars for two years.
Speaker 4: His wife was making threats, making claims on her podcast that she'll drop everything. She'll drop it right.
Speaker 2: Now, that's what she said. Some said even though Nevada had no state tax and if the Rams matched that one hundred million dollar deal, he'd still be leaving about ten million bucks, if not more about thirteen million bucks on the table. And some say that he came back at the behest of the missus who did not want to leave La. That's what some say. So here we are he still got one year left on that two year deal. We should be good, right, she's a three year deal. But now that we look at that two year deal, they were concerned about the back. They got him in a very very team friendly number. Eighty four million for two years.
Speaker 4: You think Stafford's going to hold their puzza over the barrel.
Speaker 2: I don't have any que question. That was sixteen million bucks less than he was offered in New York and Vegas. It was incredibly, incredibly team friendly. He left a massive sixteen million bucks he left on the table from other offers that were out there to come back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they have the sleep number money they do.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's called it's like.
Speaker 4: Rocky at the beginning of Rocky Too. I'm going to make a living on these commercials.
Speaker 2: You are a rock problem is you can't read the script. As much as I want to buy that cologne, you're not selling me on it. Pal At forty two million bucks per year pee, he is sixteenth behind Kirk Cousins, behind Deshaun Watson, who's played like two games since the Jack and the Beanstalk scandal. He is making forty six million. Is Deshaun Watson the Prince of Pocketpool Stafford forty two million, and that deal came after Deshaun Watson had not played but two game since getting traded with that fully guaranteed deal to Cleveland. Of course, they just did it last May. Ahead of him right now brock Perty fifty three mil, two to fifty three mil, Jordan Love fifty five and top of the market Dak Prescott sixty million dollars per year, and Matthew Stafford. In about four days or whatever day they do that stupid NFL Honor Show is going to be announced as the most valuable player in the NFL. I would assume not only is he can ask for more money, but the Rams are going to have to bump his pay by at least twenty one million bucks. There is no way this guy is coming back on a forty two million dollars salary. The good news is the Rams have a bunch of money to spend. They got forty eight million bucks in cap space, so they can get him onto a longer deal. Put some void years on the back of it in case the back pardon the pun is an issue. They don't really have any big numbers on their books. DeVante Adams coming back at twenty te milper their left tackle Alert Jackson twenty five million. That's really it. Everything else is pretty reasonable. Good news is they have room to do it. Bad news is will they They got Pokinakua, who was in the last year of his rookie deal, needs an extension and he very well could end up as the highest paid wide receiver in the league. I'm sure as likely the winner of the Offensive Player of the Year. That is what he will ask for. And that's north of forty million dollars is the Jamar Chase number that's out there. They do also have, as I'm the aforementioned Kobe Turner, Byron Young, avi La their guard all going into the final year of their rookie deals as well, so those will need to be sorted out. They do. Despite the Lesnie t Shirt saying f them picks, they do have two ones this year. Remember they traded the pick they got the Falcons first, that is number thirteen overall and their own twenty ninth overall pick in the first round. So maybe that's where they could find some help for that secondary that got torched in that contest by Sam Darnold in the NFC Championship against the Seahawks, but certainly worth keeping an eye on. Here we are Feb. Second, Sean McVay keeping his fingers crossed. Last year is Feb. Twenty eighth. Matthew Stafford doesn't want to retire and we want him to be back. And it took all the way until May. Reportedly a little bit of bad vibes in that deal, and this one's gonna come with even though it went from twenty seven mil to forty two mil. And that's pretty healthy jump for the Stafford family to nearly double your income there when it's that much money. But I would assume they're looking for another fifty percent jump this year, up north of sixty million bucks.
Speaker 4: I mean, it must feel good for Matt Stafford to have somebody by the balls for a change.
Speaker 2: I see what you're doing there, right, Yeah, Yeah, you're gonna get a you got a vasectomy, man, I got you literally by the balls. That was always good. That was her last podcast, Yes, that was her last one. I guess the one where she was potentially I guess intimating that she was slip and with the backup quarterback at Georgia was the more uncomfortable.
Speaker 4: One that was on somebody else's podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's right, the incestuous nature.
Speaker 4: Of the podcast world.
Speaker 2: Yes, the podcast world. I'm gonna go on your pod and tell you about sleeping with the backup quarterback. You're gonna come on my pod and talk about being a career criminal.
Speaker 4: After this, Matt and I are going on coach Diland Smith's pod. That's right, Yeah, the Dolphin Pod. Oh clever, We'll be back with your Danda Live guy birthday in the day. It's Petros and Money before Clippers Sixers.
Speaker 1: Next, Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 3: This is on demand.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening, everybody. Petro send money on AMPI seventy LA sports. Clipper basketball headed your way next. The Clippers are good, Yeah they are. And you know what else is good? Oh exhaling like fully functioned employee. Adam's coming up next.
Speaker 1: Ye.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is, you know what else is good? That BJ's restaurant in brew House.
Speaker 2: Right about that pee. This Sunday afternoon, catch the action Big Game New England Seattle kicks off three point thirty on your radio, home of the nfl A and five seventy l A Sports presented in part by DJ's Restaurant and brew House. Grab the thirteen dollars. What a bargain. Pazuki Pazuki meal deal at BJ's entree plus Pizuki a total steal. See you at BJ's. Keep listening to PMS all we for your chance to win a one hundred dollars BJ's gift card. How about that pee.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's a great that's great incentive. And right now, Matt the Dead Guy, birthday of the day pretty much an annual for me. As you know, it's Jamaican news. Hit it Ronnie, It's Jamaica News. It Blackmore, marking the first day of Reggae month in the country of Jamaica, the birthplace of reggae. Most of you think it's from Laguna Beach, That's what I thought, like iration, but no, Matt thought it was Hollywood Hills. It's actually from Jamaica. We have the birthday and one of the best singers of all time out of Jamaica, one of the best singers in the reggae world ever, Dennis Brown from Kingston. This is as close to an annual as a reggae singer gets around here. And that's because, as you know, Matt would you like to say it? Or do you want me?
Speaker 2: It took all the coke in town to bring down Dennis Brown. Reverse, it took all the coke and town to bring Dennis Brown down.
Speaker 4: Nope, you had it the first time.
Speaker 2: The first time.
Speaker 4: I took all the coke and town to bring down Dennis Brown. And on the day my lung collapses, we'll see just how much it takes. Sixty seven years old, he would have been today, but he died at the age of forty two because of the big grains falling. But man, could he sing? Turn up this record. This is Sly and Robbie. We recently lost Slide dunbar, the drummer, Robbie Shakespeare's been dead for years, the drummer and bass. And this is Dennis Brown. Live. Big grains, Oh, big grains falling, gigantic hose like nostrils. His career began in nineteen sixty eight at the age of eleven, or sixty seven at the age of nine. But he was singing and everybody knew who he was. He was a fan of Sam Cook and Dean Martin and Frank Sinatra. In Jamaica, he was schooled by older contemporaries like Ken Booth and Bob Andy. He had a very famous performance as a very young man at the political event in the Big Stadium in Jamaica, and that's where Bob Marley dubbed him the Crown Prince of Reagan. And Bob Marley also maintained that his favorite singer on Earth was Dennis Brown. Dennis Brown's first UK tour was nineteen seventy four and he blew up all the coke in the UK. People went without for months, more than seventy five albums on Dennis Brown. His big producer in Jamaica was Joe Gibbs, not the football maths car guy.
Speaker 2: Oh, that'd be cool.
Speaker 4: A and M Records was his international deal. Matt. He did have one wife, and that one wife had five kids. Okay, but there were eight, yes, but then the eight others that are scattered around are illegitimate. So a total of thirteen kids. But the wife can only claim five, right.
Speaker 2: Eight bastards five with the.
Speaker 4: Wife maybe six bastards, depending on who you believe. Okay, you know there's some outlets that say thirteen kids. There's others that say eleven.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 4: He was buried in nineteen ninety nine when he died of snorting all the cocaine tongue at National Hero's part. Well, he did a tour in Brazil and he caught pneumonia, and when he came back he died shortly thereafter because of his body had deteriorated from all the cocaine and cracker. Wow, a different kind of coquine, you know, well, a lot of just a lot of coke. In ninety nine he was buried in National Heroes Park at Jamaica. There is a not a better reggae singer in Jamaica. There might be some as good.
Speaker 2: All right, Pee, you're a live guy. Birthday of the Day, safe to say, never done this one before, kind of off the beaten path, Ana Garton, seventy eight. Today and Ana is a great example of chasing your dream job. No matter how deep into a career you might be like.
Speaker 4: Fully functional employee out of Yeah, no matter how how deep you're buried on the Dawn Martin depth chart.
Speaker 2: Well, this is AA was rolling man like. Isa was incredibly successful in a career that wasn't nearly as interesting as she had pulled. She was born in the big town Brooklyn, Pops a surgeon, and she said that he wanted his daughter to get a serious education. She went to Syracuse School. You're very familiar with Ah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've almost like gonna love I spoke to a class at Syracuse a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 3: Shit man.
Speaker 2: She got her MBA at George Watch.
Speaker 4: Wanted a bar f last night watching the basketball game when Turrico and it's like.
Speaker 2: Oh, supercuse. She married her high school sweetheart. They moved to North Carolina Fort Braggs because he was a military guy. He goes to Nam for four years. She's working for the government back here. Worked in the White House for both Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter as a budget analyst. Landed a job in the Office of Management and Budget, but the whole time she had hobbies. She got her pilot's license. She loved to cook. She was a very good cook. She used to have all the fancy White House folks.
Speaker 4: A flying cook.
Speaker 2: Yes, she would have all her White House pals over for meals and all of them at her cooking. So in seventy eight, she decides to walk away and open up a spot in New York, a four hundred square foot specialty food store called Barefoot Contessa leaves the federal employee life takes her shot work twelve hour days, built it up to a point where she expanded into a larger property, opened a second location in Eastthampton, Long Island, and that's what really took off. It went Banana's three thousand square foot space, celebrity clientele. It was the setting for Something's Got to Give with Nicholson and Keaton. She puts out a cookbook, the Barefoot Contesta Cookbook, and that ends up really launching her into stardom. Franchise Roland Parties Family Style. When all James Beard Awards for her cookbooks, The New York or The Wall Street Journal all want a piece of her, Martha Stewart puts her on her program as a guest chef. So Aina then gets the deal from the Food Network her own show a million viewers per show. It becomes the most successful show the Food Network and it's inaugural two thousand and two season Daytime Emmys. Her books are selling a million copies anytime she puts them out. She's a regular on The Today Show. Her husband stays in government under Secretary for Commerce, the Dean of Yale University. But she's like, nope, I'm steering clear of the politics. I'm just cooking and I'm pumping out best sellers. And that's what she does. And she still writes columns for OH, for Martha Stewart Living, for House Beautiful, all the magazines you like.
Speaker 4: The peruse is OH still a magazine?
Speaker 2: I guess? So it says to present that she is a columnist for OH, Martha Stewart Living, and House Beautiful. I think it's probably just outside of our periphery, so we're not aware that those things still exist. Her show Be My Guest is still on TV, but she stopped Barefoot Contessa after twenty years in twenty twenty one. A very famous television chef and cookbook author, Aina Garden.
Speaker 4: I've heard of her, him, I had not. Well, I've heard of the Barefoot Contessa.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, I guess it's a pretty big deal.
Speaker 4: It's a very very prevalent brand.
Speaker 2: This is all her former Office of Budget and Office of Managing punishment. But Office of Management and Budget are they going to punish me? I don't they better not. You don't want to steer, you want to steal clear of them?
Speaker 4: All right? Well, A big thank you to the one and only Tim kats our executive producer. One of the hardest working men in the world. He hosted at least five college basketball games over the week. He is excuse me too.
Speaker 2: He is available for your play by play.
Speaker 4: And we'll be back on tomorrow at three o'clock. Have a great night everybody, and enjoy the Clipper game. Said out this can
Speaker 3: The picture I sent by