Speaker 1: Enough as long as they're rippled with This is the Bloomberg Money Minutes on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: All right, we say good morning once more to Erica Herschowitz from our Bloomberg newsroom in New York City. Erica, good morning. Home Depot doesn't see a housing market rebound anytime soon.
Speaker 3: No, Tom, the home improvement giant gave a sales forecast for next year that came in below Wall Street expectations. So the housing market has wait on Home Depot as consumers remain on the sidelines for big ticket purchases and projects that require financing. Home Depot has been trying to manage the lowdown by boosting its online offerings and catering to contractors.
Speaker 2: I'm really interested to hear about this soon. Apparently you're telling me we'll be able to call an Uber without an app.
Speaker 3: Yes. Uber is going to introduce these physical kiosks for people to use the ride hailing service who don't have the company's app. The kiosks, which will include a large touch green with a credit card reader and a receipt printer, are going to be installed at places like airports first, starting with LaGuardia in New York The uber kiosks are intended to help international visitors arriving without a local data plan or anyone else who prefers an in person experience.
Speaker 4: Okay, And the very latest on the futures Erica.
Speaker 3: Mark Future is right now Tom pointing to a higher open down futures up twenty three points, NASDAK futures up one s and p futures up three. This report is sponsored by Fidelity from Bloomberg. Erica Herskowitz on News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Alrighty eight oh nine on the Big One, seven hundred WLW Welcome to the morning show. We hope to have her last week and then I screwed up. But it's nice to have her and we thank her for her flexibility this week. Her name is fitz Kohler. She is the author of the new book Supercharge, The Exact Formula for Witness for Witness, for Fitness, for Weight Loss and Longevity Fits.
Speaker 4: Good morning, How are you?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: Good morning, Keith, I'm spectacular.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: It's so cold in Cincinnati and it's where you are in Florida.
Speaker 5: No, not even a little bit or focused on you.
Speaker 2: Tell me about Supercharge. Why did you write this book.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I wrote You Supercharged because I've been in the fitness industry forever and I am so desperate for folks to reach their potential.
Speaker 4: And you know, I called it.
Speaker 5: You Supercharge because it's about the better version of you. It's not who Kim Kardashian suggests you should be, or Tom Brady, or It's about you elevating everything in your life so you look better, you feel better, you perform better, you live as long and as well as possible. And you know, there's a simple science to it. All these people that are selling you diets and pills and powders, they're snake oil salesmen. They're vultures. You need to run as quickly as possible away from those folks. If you understand the truth. You know, I truly believe when people know better, they do better. And this book is filled with all the golden nuggets people need to to elevate everything in their life.
Speaker 2: What is the exact formula? Is there an exact formula for weight loss? A lot of people this time of year, they want to drop some weight. They want to be looking good for the holidays, feeling that are going into the new year, is there an exact formula.
Speaker 5: There absolutely is, and it's based on a very similar simple calorie calculation, meaning calories in versus calories out. And people have heard that, but here's the most simplistic form is you choose your goal weight. Let's say you want to weigh one hundred and seventy five pounds. You put a zero on the end of that immediately becomes your daily caloric budget. If you want to weigh one seventy five, the maximum amount of calories you should consume daily is oney seven hundred and fifty. That's based off the principles that humans burn approximately ten calories per pound the body weight per day. So if you weigh two hundred pounds and you're staying there, we know you are consuming at least two thousand calories. If you would like to weigh one seventy five, you need to consume no more than it takes to sustain one hundred and seventy five pound per So whatever you want away, just put a zero on the end, and then that's your target. You will get there even if you eat garbage food. Now mind you you won't be healthy, but you could be real freaking slim using the exact formula. If you add quality nutrition and exercise, then oh my gosh, your entire world explodes. What's goodness?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: I want to get to the exercise park because I'm always amazed. I used to work nights for thirty plus years. Now I'm working in the morning. So I'm always though whether I'm working at night working during the day. Of the people who get up six o'clock in the morning, they get their kids to school, they go to work all day, and then somehow, some way they find the ability, the energy, the drive to still work out once they get back home. But there are a lot of people out there, as you know, fits, that have no clue how to exercise. What would you say to those? And what does you supercharge say to those?
Speaker 5: Well, I've got to I think it's about a ninety page chapter called Every Exercise, where I teach you exactly how to pursue strength, cardio flexibility balance when it's frequency, intensity, time, and type of exercise. And here's the deal. Those people that you see that look like they're Marvel superheroes because they exercise all the time. You know, we all have this moment of motivation. You I have a high school reunion or a date, and I want to look good. But it's discipline. It's proven discipline that keeps people going. So you know, motivation will get you to the start line, discipline will get you to the finish line. Fitness is not about being a marathon runner or being a bodybuilding champion. It's just about getting up and doing something and working to become one percent better daily. That's all I ask. If you can wherever you are, start where you are and work tomorrow, you're going to be one percent better. You know, in a month you wake up and you think, wow, I've got more energy. I do feel like I have a little more pep in my steps. Six months from now, you won't be able to recognize the guy or galon the mirror. All of a sudden you're thinking, hot, damn, I look good.
Speaker 2: You know you talked about that feeling you have when you do look in the mirror, and all of a sudden you're starting to see direct results. That's obviously a direct tie between physical health and mental health.
Speaker 5: Absolutely yeah. I mean they rely so heavily on each other. I can tell you that if you are not exercising at all, you are more likely to be aired and depressed and cranky. If you are depressed or cranky, you are so much less likely to exercise, and so you kind of have to start shoving in one direction and that will help the other. If you look if you're a person who deals with depression or anxiety. You know, I'm not your doctor, but if you look at any of the studies, you will see surely one of the number one solutions for depression, depression and anxiety is physical activity. And then the same thing goes you start exercising all the indoor, the adrenaline, a serotonin to feel good uses go flying through your body. So they definitely go hand in hand. And you know, even if you feel like your body is the right side, exercise, it'll be great for your brain, your mind. Not only your mind, but your brain too. It helps you think more clearly, It'll make you more creative, more confidence. You will soar socially and professionally if you take care of your health.
Speaker 2: We're visiting with fitz Kohler, the author of You Supercharged, and she also has a website fits f I T Z n eess like fitness but just with a Z aftert dot com.
Speaker 4: You know you.
Speaker 2: Yourself fits went through a health scare, major health scare when you had cant talk about that journey for you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it was. It was brutal.
Speaker 5: It was fifteen months of chemo with radiation and surgery.
Speaker 4: It was It's just.
Speaker 5: A really difficult, stressful experience. I was sick every single day for that long and I hit rock bottom. I had a point where my mother was shouting at me, you need to eat. You look like you were in the Holocausts. And the after I said, well, thanks mom, I'm trying. You know, I just I had choices to make. Either I could take it and let cancer and the treatment have me, or I could keep fighting back. And I also am the author of the Cancer Combat series, teaching cancer patients how to go from sick to strong and weaponized exercise, the nutrition, and sleep, et cetera. But yeah, I just it's about doing your bat So I know what it's like to be at an all time low, if you're someone who's dealing with disease or injury or whatever's going on and you feel bad. I've been there. But when I had those sick in bed days, I did leglifts, eight did bridges, I stretched in the shower there was. I was never just gonna take it. And so that's what I want you to do is fight back no matter what. I want you to not settle for the status quo, whatever that is, or obese, if you were heard, it doesn't matter to me. You can and you should do better because we only get this one singular life. You know, as I figured out when I was diagnosed who cancer, that life can be too short, right, or it could be really long and wonderful. So age is just a number. You could be the older person writing about how young you feel, or the younger person complaining about how old you feel.
Speaker 4: If really all of this is.
Speaker 5: In your hands, it's in your control, and I you to consider supercharging yourself because I want the best for three last one of your listeners.
Speaker 2: Before I ask you where people can find your book, I want to ask you to tell me about fitseness dot com. What can people if they're going to go check it out? What what are they going to find when they go there?
Speaker 5: I love you for asking you know what? I have created a resource where people can come in and get all they need for free. There's a trillion articles, there's all sorts of free workout videos, there's my podcast. It's in the show. I just want people to have no excuses. So if they come to me, I'm going to make fitness understandable, attainable and fun, and I'm gonna pokem in the chest. I'm gonna boss them around. I'm very accessible. There's a contact hits button on the page. But yeah, fitsiness dot Com is a resource for information engagement and then of course my books.
Speaker 2: I know you also do the introduction and the voice of a lot of triathlons, marathons, all that kind of stuff. Have you ever met Julie Isfording? I have her on every single Tuesday. She's a former winner of the La Marathon, ran in the Olympic Games for the United States. Is a marathon or many moons ago. Have you ever met Julie because she's coming up in about twenty minutes from now.
Speaker 5: Well, here's a couple of things. Ay, I wish I met a woman whose last name was isford Ding. That's really freaking fun. I did announce the Los Angeles Marathon for many years. It sounds like she's.
Speaker 4: Before my time, but no, I haven't.
Speaker 5: I'm going to look her up and I'm become her best friend as quickly as possible.
Speaker 4: Oh, you gotta meet her.
Speaker 2: She is Cincinnati, threw and threw, born and raised here a rounded Xavier University, and then went on to fortune and fame out there in the running world. Okay, where can people find you? Supercharged?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 5: Supercharge is available at fitzness dot com. Folks, if you want autograph copies, I have a fun free gift. I put in all the books package and sent them out with left come straight to me at fitzness dot com. They are also available on Amazon and Kindle, paperback, hardcover. And you know, I want folks to know. I've rejected millions in endorsement deals from Sky Snake oil salesman, the supplements they pill, the powders. I've said, no, thank you. I don't want your money. It's never okay to profit off of good people trying to accomplish good things. What I'm asking is twenty somethings bucks in exchange for the truth, and I will change your life if you give me the chance.
Speaker 4: Her name is much Tom, her name is Fitzkohler.
Speaker 2: Do Supercharge the exact formula for fitness, weight loss, and longevity.
Speaker 4: Fitz, thank you so much. For your time.
Speaker 2: I really appreciate your flexibility to my bad on last week. I hope you have a great rest of your day today.
Speaker 5: Or it's the way Merry Christmas everyone.
Speaker 4: Saying to you. Eight twenty.
Speaker 2: Let's check the roads quickly and see what's up out there, because things were not moving quickly today.
Speaker 8: Chuck Ingram got a couple of new problems to tell you about. This from the u SEE Health Tramphing Center. You see Health, go find comprehensive care. And that's so personal. It makes your best tomorrow possible. That's boundless care for better outcomes. Expect more at you sehealth dot com. What an injury accident northbound seventy one. It's just above two seventy five. Traffics backing into blue Ash southbound seventy one. Stay slow through blue Ash and ken Wood opens up after you got past Red Bank in Bend seventy four. There is an accident on the ramp from Montana. The left lane of the ramp and the right shoulder or block. There's one available down the middle. Chuck Ingram News Radio seven hundred wlw ur.
Speaker 2: WCPO nine first Oney four cast presented by our good buddy Jennifer A catch market is still chilly out there. I mean it's cold right around twenty four degrees. We are getting up to forty two. It's hard to believe when you walk out there right now, but it will be windy today when gus getting up to twenty miles per hour. Tonight, rain is likely. We're only getting down to thirty seven. That rain may continue into tomorrow morning. Our high tomorrow forty three, and then the Arctic Air comes a call in Wednesday night. A snow shower is possible, not major accumulation, nothing like that, but it's going to be cold. Are high on Thursday is thirty two thirty On Friday, Julie Isfording is going to be joining us. We love having Julie.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: She reminded me, look, these don't have to be fitness gifts, but she's going to talk about how about healthy gifts instead of fitness gifts? All right, She's got a broad range of those you might want to think about. I'm sure a lot of you. If you're like me, maybe you have not been up to speed quite yet. With Christmas just two and a half weeks away, eight twenty two, on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 8: Continental Roof Company discover the value of family driven service, whether it's a simple repair or a new installation.
Speaker 4: There Local is.
Speaker 1: The Bloomberg Money minute on seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: This is a Bloomberg money minute. Shares of Apple were battered earlier this year as the iPhone maker faced repeated complaints about its lack of an artificial intelligence strategy. What a reversal since the summer. The stock has soored thirty five percent since the end of June. Wall Street has noted that Apple has kept spending on artificial intelligence in control compared to rivals. Traders are holding off on making any big bets ahead of the Federal Reserve's final interest rate decision of the year. A cut is expected when the meeting wraps up tomorrow. Stock index futures are little changed, and after a year spent leaning in to get ahead at work, professional women are leaning out. Women are less interested than men in getting promoted to the next level, reversing a decade long trend. That's according to a news study from leanin dot org and consultant McKinsey, sixty nine percent of entry level women are reporting a desire to move up. On the other hand. Eighty percent of men starting their careers are looking for a promotion. Cortney Dona Hope, Bloomberg Radio.
Speaker 4: Hi Yah Here she is.
Speaker 2: Every Tuesday, joined by Julie Isfording and always a pleasure to have her with us.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Jules, How are you good?
Speaker 6: How are you doing?
Speaker 4: I'm doing great. Did you hear the prior guest that I had on.
Speaker 6: I sure did, I was listening to that Inner Deal. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, you know, she obviously she's a go get her, been through a lot, but I guess that she makes a part of her living by, you know, doing the big introductions at big races. She talked about the La Marathon. I had said you had won that, and uh, and so I didn't know if you had doubled across here. Apparently not. We got more important things to talk about. You said it perfect when it comes to gift ideas, and I was talking about fitness ideas and you said, no, no, no, no, Tom, let's talk.
Speaker 4: About healthy gift ideas.
Speaker 2: With the holidays coming up, a lot of people are looking for something to do, maybe running a little behind.
Speaker 4: Jules, what are you thinking about? What would be some good ideas?
Speaker 6: Well, I was thinking if this was your year for giving healthier, healthy gifts to your somewhat healthy friends. So a perfect example would be, instead of giving someone a bottle of wine, how about one of those beautiful all Wall they're very famous all off water bottles. Yeah, they're thirty bucks, or the it bottle, something colorful and more importantly, put a nice note on it to like cheers to a happy year, you know, something inexpensive to bring to a party or give to a lot of your friends you know you're somewhat healthy friends. And of course then you could move on to sort of larger scale gifts, like a new yoga mat, perhaps for your yoga friends or maybe your spouse who likes yoga. And you know how grungey those yoga mats sketch.
Speaker 2: I mean, I go to the take a shower last night and there's a yoga mat in my shower.
Speaker 6: Oh she was Pollie was washing.
Speaker 4: That's the truth.
Speaker 2: There's a yoga mat stacked up against the shower and I'm thinking, what is going on here?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 6: So okay, here's the perfect example. So for Pollie, you could get her a new yoga mat. Obviously she needs one. If she's throwing it in the shower. But more importantly about sort of a class, you know, a free class path or packages for yoga classes.
Speaker 2: Well, see, that's a phenomenal idea because look, and I don't mean to make this a gender exclusive kind of thing, but I think it's safe to say. And you teach yoga classes, pilates classes, that kind of thing. Well, what do you think the ratio is of your clients women to men?
Speaker 6: Oh, you got me on that one. It's mostly women. Like I taught a class at the Art Museum Tuesday night. They teach at the Art Museum and it is mostly women. However, on the weekend to teach Sundays at ten o'clock in the morning, couples come, so it's more a couple thing. And that's how we promote it. Something to do with your spouse on a Sunday morning. And in the winter, it's not like you can go for a walk when it's twenty degree. So you know, they and they, I think it's really neat and it's something they do. But you know, if you're also looking at husbands, wives and close friends and kids and family, you could also go more higher end. But like if you know their shoe size by running shoes or something. I think. I think in this day and age, that's more important than jewelry because it's saying, you know, it's it's kind of like saying, here's to a good year for the both of us. Or maybe you planned a weekend get away that's a hiking trip in you know, in the mountains, or higher end would be to create experiences for the whole family and plan a biking trip maybe across maybe Italy or obviously that's more expensive, but the idea here is to create healthy experiences that your kids, or your spouse or you and your friends will never forget.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, ty those things Julie, like you were talking about. You use the example of a bottle of wine. I mean, look, there are people out there that love wine. My wife likes wine, and let's be honest about it. I mean, you know, if you're with some people and you're sharing it, that bottle might last an hour or two max. Whereas the kind of thing you're talking about can start something that will last a lifetime.
Speaker 6: Exactly. And every time they see it and it comes to bright colors, they think of you, or more importantly, they think of the message you gave them, and that's years to a healthy year. Now they can fill that water bottle with wine every once in a while. I'm not saying you have to live a perfect life, but I am saying you could have some fun with that idea. But here we go. The underlying theme is this is going to be one of our best years ever. Like you could even give them an inspirational book. Like my birthday was last week and I just got this really cute, wonderful book that is called The World according to mister Rogers. So those kind of inspirational books I really care about you, or I love the inspiration you. Those types of things. You could give a journal to somebody. What you want to be careful about, though, is what.
Speaker 4: Not to give.
Speaker 6: These things always backfire, Like don't give self help books. That's like screaming you should change that is not a great right. And no weight loss gadgets, no skills, no meal replacements.
Speaker 4: Just know, just know.
Speaker 6: Another one would be supplements. That's too personal, too risky, and any kind of fix your life product. You just don't want to scream that. Everything you want to give this year has to be really positive and it can be. You know, when we say healthy, I don't just mean exercise in fitness. How about membership to the art museum. But you know what a neat gift. Even though there's yoga and pilates at you are museum, there's also seeing art. There's creativity projects for you and the family. So it can be really creative this year. And it just screams health. It screams carrying. What about a healthy cookbook or you could buy a really cute like hoodie and same thing. You know, Here's to a warm, healthy year. And every time they put it on and they'll use it. And that was the other thing we kind of talk about off air. It's like something that people use while it's an experience. A water bottle, a journal, a membership, a class path to your favorite yoga studio. All these seing scream use me, have fun, get healthy. I love you. Here's to a great year.
Speaker 4: I tell you what joels you know? How women are?
Speaker 2: You know how women are? I mean if you buy an Iman, if you buy on the pair of running shoes, are walking shoes, They'll look at you and say, oh, are you telling me I need to get out and start exercising.
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 7: Set a diamond Why don't you put a diamond bracelet in those rush?
Speaker 6: So you know that's the other thing. What about running shoes? But on there is a trip to Greece or a trip, you know, a weekend get away at you know a B and B or let's. You know, we've always wanted to go Vermont to Vermont and hike in the you know, hike up there. So it does take research. And also you're more you're getting into more of your intimate friends and family and spouth. So those do require like a lot of good thinking, a lot of prep, and I think a really creative note. But when you're talking about generic kind of really fun gifts to take to a dinner party or give to the next door neighbors, Like I got water bottles for all my neighbors because I don't cook and I don't bake, and I'm not sending cookies over. I'm just not that girl. So that's what I do and they know it. You know, it kind of is my personality to give healthy things. But they're fun and they're not screaming anything negative. It's all positive.
Speaker 2: I think these are fabulous gift ideas. I'm gonna have to call you off the air when I know Polly isn't listening and get some more ideas from you.
Speaker 4: Because your stuff. I mean, I sincerely mean this.
Speaker 2: These are great ideas, especially the ones not to get because the last thing in the world you want is for best intentions, best laid plans right, and everything to go straight south right.
Speaker 6: You try really really hard. That's why it's really important. The note really matters too, or the look you give them or when you hand it to them. It's like what's in your eyes and in your heart and that message like you know, I worked really hard on this gift, and I hope you fall in love with it, and I know, I just know that the strength of relationship. People know that the intentions are there, and that's what matters. You have a good Tammy, you have a big heart, so I have a hard time believing any gift you give would backfire.
Speaker 4: Well, don't bet on that one.
Speaker 2: Jules, thank you so much and uh and I'll look forward to catching up with you again next week.
Speaker 4: Hope you have a great rest of your day.
Speaker 6: You too, Tom.
Speaker 2: I love having Julius Fording each and every week. She is the best, the best. Now Fellas look U