Speaker 1: For the back to back World champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the World Champion LA Dodgers, tam Cats.
Speaker 7: Hi, everybody, and we'll welcome in to this Saturday edition of Morolano Casino Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 2: Hope you're well as you're.
Speaker 7: Back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers in.
Speaker 2: A little bit of a run right now.
Speaker 7: They have dropped now seven in a row, their lead in the division down to seven and a half games over the Snakes. Dodgers as we speak sixty nine and forty seven overall, you're back to back champions, still in first place atop the NL West, but the lead is starting to dwindle. After dropping the series opener last night in the Desert, Dodgers back at it tonight with Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount in the series second game, first pitch is coming up at five to ten. Between then and now, we got a lot to cover here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the Dodger manager Dave Roberts coming up in about twenty minutes. Show Hey, Otani in the last twenty minutes has picked up a glove of baseball and has gone out to the Dodgers' bullpen. More on that in his first time back on a mount in weeks. With David Vasse coming up in just a little bit, we got your Dodgers' magical moment. Charlie Steiner will stop by. We'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and at LA and in just a few minutes we will check in with Tim Nevert and Rick Monday out at the Galloping Ford broadcast both well. Last night in the desert, it took a while for the offense to go and but once it finally did, then the bullpen blew it. Rookie Sasaki got this start a solid out in six innings, two runs, four hits, five punch outs. Sasaki got into trouble in the second when Nolan Arenado gave the Diamondbacks a one nothing lead on his solo home run that just barely cleared the left field fence and over the glove of ti Oscar Hernandez Aeronauto's seventeenth home run of the season, and the Snakes led it one to nothing, and the third the Dodgers almost tied it up. Corbyn Carroll, however, robbed Tommy Edman of a tiing home run, leaping high above the right field fence to make the grab. It remained a one to nothing lead. The diing Backs right hander, meanwhile, was cruising. Merril Kelly took a no not into the sixth inning before Tommy Edmond let off with an infield single. Freddie Freeman brought home a run later in the inning on a fielder's choice. Arizona, which was up two to one, now had a two or two nothing lead, had a two to one lead as Merril Kelly that had to lead the game with cramping in his right leg. In the seventh, Dodgers, with some traffic on the base pass looking to tie it up with Tommy Edmund.
Speaker 8: First and third, one out, even a slowly hit ground ball anywhere except back to the mound or to third with Aeronato's in front of the bag, a third right at the edge of the cut of the carpet, one oh pitch and a line drive left center Pace Hick tie ball game bet scores.
Speaker 5: Tommy Edman drives him minutes two to two.
Speaker 7: Harvey I single for Tommy Edmond. Dodgers tie it up at two and maybe more. They have the bases loaded, show he Toani they'll ground it into an inning inning double play, ending the threat in the eighth, though the Dodgers wasting no time leadoff hitter in the inning, Andy Piz left the yard.
Speaker 8: Andy pie Haz to lead off. Here at the top of the eighth inning, two two ball game and facing Garcia and Andy swings.
Speaker 9: It's a high drive, deeply failed.
Speaker 2: Way bucking down a home run.
Speaker 9: To Paz on the first pitch of the eighth, and the Dodgers take their first lead of the ball game.
Speaker 8: It is three to two on a towering shot by Piez home.
Speaker 1: Run number nineteen.
Speaker 7: Andy Piz goes deep. Dodgers take the lead three to two. Bottom of the eight. Things got a little interesting with Tanner Scott on the mound. Runners ended up getting the bases loaded. Nolan Aernado up to bat he battled for twelve pitches on the twelfth pit. Tanner Scott won that battle, striking him out to end the inning and the ninth Dodgers failed to scored in the top of the inning and when Diaz on end relief in the bottom of the inning after a leadoff walk, two batters later, rookie Ryan Waldschmidt connected on a slider, hitting it to left center field, barely cleared the wall, but it did a walk off two run home run. The Diamondbacks beat the Dodgers four to three. The Dodgers now have dropped seven in a row. They fall to sixty nine and forty seven on this season. Today though, a new day, new game, and a new chance to start a winning streak. With Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mount first pitch coming up at five to ten and with more we head out to the galloping forward broadcast booth as we welcome in Tim Neverertt and Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Guys, Tim, thanks very much, as the Dodgers and the Arizona Diamondbacks get ready to go at it here in game number two of his three game set, the Dodgers trying to avoid losing their eighth straight.
Speaker 5: Ballgame, lost seven in a row.
Speaker 8: They've been outscored forty six to twenty five, and when you look at what they've done over the last forty games, they're five hundred ball club. They're twenty and twenty overall, sixty nine and forty seven. They still maintain a seven and a half game lead over the Diamondbacks in the National League Western Division. One thing to keep in mind, though the Diamondbacks have won six games so far against the Dodgers. They win one more, they would own the tiebreaker. So the Dodgers need to win two here to own the tiebreaker over the Diamondbacks, and they've got to do that starting tonight. Arizona sixty two and fifty five, winners of seventeen of their last twenty five. Yoshinobu Yamamoto hopes to be the stopper tonight. He is eleven and seven with a two to seventy six earned run average. Brandon font the right hander six and one, three six six. As he was sent down to Triple A earlier in the season, came back on the thirtieth of July. He's been unbeatable since, and he's had a decent record against the Dodgers. So Brandon fought against Joshinobo Yamamoto. And there has been a development here at the ballpark this afternoon. Well, as we get ready for this early evening game in Phoenix, show hey, Otani has come out. He's thrown a little bit against the wall and the bullpen, and now he is playing a little bit of long toss in the outfield as Otani tries to get ready to come back and pitch. And I think it took a lot of people by surprise. And I'm not talking about those in the stands watching I think even those in uniform were saying, hey, what is going on? Just looking at the reaction when he walked out of the visiting first base duckout and went down the line. He drew attention from a lot of people, including what appeared to be the attention to Mark Fire, the pitching coach.
Speaker 5: Well, he was.
Speaker 8: Throwing from one hundred and twenty feet on flat ground. As they say, that's playing catch, that's playing catch, but with a purpose. And he threw against the wall into bullpen for about ten minutes today and just getting loose now what he's working on. Only he knows he came out with a trainer. So that's kind of the news. But the other news is the Dodgers want to turn things around. Is the sky falling, Well, for some they believe it is. For the Dodgers, they've got to realize, Hey, look, Arizona Diamondbacks. They feel good about themselves, not only because the walk off victory last night, but in winning seventeen to last twenty five, the Diamondbacks had closed the gap. They were fifteen games behind the Dodgers in the Western Division, and as you mentioned before, they had closed it down to just seven and a half games. Well, it's time to get some runs. That's the thing Dave Roberts was talking about. Missed opportunities, the double plays that they have hit into more than anybody else in Major League Baseball has been devastating in terms of them getting runs and sometimes meeting the difference in games. And Otani was up with the bases loaded late in the game last night, had an opportunity to really do some damage and hit into a double play. And that's one thing that has left the manager scratching his head. Yeah, I Dan. For a lot of different reasons, the Dodgers are just two for seven or the Ruggers in the scoring position last night. They've not done well on the road on this trip in that case, but they also had two more runners thrown out on base, including this second runner in the last two series has been picked off at first. It was Tommy Edmund last night and for show Heyo Tony thrown out trying to steal second base. So the Dodgers, they're trying to do things in a bit better manner, but so far the results had not been there on a consistent basis. The need to turn that around and do it quickly. The seven game losing streak matches their longest streak from last season that happened right around this time of the year. They have not lost eight in a row since the twenty seventeen season, when they still won one hundred and four games overall. Dodgers and Diamondbacks coming up with the roof closed at Chase Field, tim all right.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys, as be counting you down to first pitch on the Saturday night, Dodger fans, get your game day meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. Perfect time to what are your Shaky's Pizza Shack and the Mojo's do it right now, Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 2: We're off and running here.
Speaker 7: On Morogo Casino dotg on deck on this Saturday afternoon. Coming up, David Vasigo's high and tight with Miguel Rojas. We'll hear from the Dodger manager. David Vassi will join us as well to get the latest on show. Hey Otani throwing in the outfield in the bullpen? What does it mean? Latest injury news, your Dodgers magical moments. We'll dive deeper in this pitching matchup. Charlie Steiner stops behind so much to get to up next your Otani. You rewind and we'll visit with Kirsten Watson from Sports and an LA. So we lead you up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Saturday. They should be in with us. I'm Tim Kateson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers.
Speaker 1: On your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: They's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Saturday, Game two of this three game set from the Desert. Yoshinobu Yamamoto Brandon fought the pitching matchup first pitching Phoenix coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind Well.
Speaker 7: A quiet night last night for sho Hey Otani, who went over two with two walks, one of his groundouts an ending double play with the bases loaded and the Dodgers had an opportunity in the seventh inning. Dodgers took the lead on a home run from Andy Paez, only to have and when Diaz given up with the two run home run in the ninth inning as the Diamondbacks walked off the Dodgers last night, four to three.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 10: Hey Kirston.
Speaker 2: Now Joints is brought to you by Cars for.
Speaker 7: Kids, the easiest way to get rid of your old car. Donate today your car can be picked up tomorrow. Donate now at Carsfrokids dot org.
Speaker 2: That's Cars with a K.
Speaker 7: The losing streak has reached an unlucky number seven now for this Dodgers team. Kirston, But right guy, right place, right time. Ya'm a mooto on the mountain tonight.
Speaker 11: It really is you know when you look at just weather, the rotation, the pitching staff of this group, there is so much talent and so any day the starter war can go out there and surely be the stopper. Because now when you add Derek school soon, Blake Snell, you know you have so many guys who can beat this. Even Roki Sasaki, he really was. He was excellent yesterday. You know, yes, a couple of hard contact, a big swing here and there, but he really he put the team in a position in which the offense should have been able to get going and wait, and ultimately we did see Andy get that home run to give them the lead, but we know how things ended in the end. So you turn the page to today, they're looking to get back as a collective and just playing really good baseball as a team. But for Yoshinobu, he's coming off of a bit of an illness that he was dealing with, and he's been able to make all of his starts, which is a good sign. And so he gave what eight innings his last time out, and so the hope is that he can just continue to build on that and be that guy for the group today because you know, look, he has come in so many clutch situations for this organization and the hope is today he just can set the tone on the pitching side, but it can't be just him alone. The offense is going to have to give him run support, and then when the bullpen comes in later in the game, they're gonna have to.
Speaker 10: Be sharp as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, this is a team that's built on slog good pitching, good defense, and we just haven't seen all three put together over the course of the last seven to eight days. But being around this team curist and down the field, in the dugout, in the clubhouse.
Speaker 2: So what's the sense you get? Is there a sense of panic, a frustration? What's the mood amongst the guys?
Speaker 11: You know, there's not a sense of panic. I think because this team is a veteran team and they have so much talent and they've had so much success, they know that over the course of one sixty two there's going to.
Speaker 3: Be ups and downs.
Speaker 11: You can even look at last year. It's a perfect example that they had a seven game losing streak right around this exact same time, and we know how that season ended with them be coming back to back World Series champion. So there naturally is going to be ups and downs in the regular season. But you know, right now, there's a dynamic in which last night seem to have been the most frustrating or the most like painful of loss, because you saw the fight and how obviously meryel Kelly was excellent, but you saw the fight o them getting going late in the game once the bullpen came in and when he kind of started getting shaky in that sixth inning. Then you saw just you know, Tanner Scott getting that lengthy at bat and battling through to get Nolan Arnado to switch to strike out and so and then you have your closer who comes back, but of course you give grace because he is someone who's coming off of a surgery, and the fastball was excellent, but even with talking to Edwin Diaz, he was just like the slider, which is his put away pitch, which is not there for him last night. So I think that's where there's some.
Speaker 5: Feeling of frustration.
Speaker 11: But at the same time, they all recognize there were positives yesterday. There are some things they can clean up, including the base running. Edwin is going to get back on track as he continues to just come back from this surgery, and so there's a lot of just understanding that everything is going to be fine. And I actually think Blake Snell said it really well this afternoon when I spoke to him, he was just like, yes, it is what it is right now. But they know how talented they are, and they know how things are really just coming together right now. They're getting the band back together, everyone's getting healthy at the right time, and they're gonna have now. Yes, it's less than two months now, but it's still about forty games over forty games for them to really dial down and do exactly what they needs to do to repair for October, which is the most.
Speaker 2: Important games, no doubt about it.
Speaker 7: Kirson Gray stuff. We'll check out with you after the game. Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck. We'll get you a preview this pitching matchup. David Vazego's one on one with Miguel Rojas. But I'm next the latest injury report and we'll hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Saturday night, first pitch at five to ten. I'm Tim Katsi's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 7: Barrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues as it leads up to first pitch. It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks Morongo Casino Resort and Spa, a grand slay on before a good times h Nobu Yamamoto and Brandon fought the pitching matchup first pitch from Phoenix coming up at five ten.
Speaker 1: He's the LA Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Injury report presented by UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. Dalton rushing on the IL with the UCL elbow injury, Blake trying it on the IL with the right elbow inflammation. Will Smith working his way back hopefully from the neck inflammation injury. Tyler Glass now going to go on another minor league rehab assignment. He's made one already with the Ontario Tower Buzzers.
Speaker 2: Blake Snell scheduled.
Speaker 7: To come off the injured list on Tuesday to make his start back with the big league squad. Ben Casparius, Gavin Stone, Bobby Miller all in Triple A, all at different spots in their way working themselves back from injuries this season. All right, let's head back out to Phoenix and check out with the Dodgers.
Speaker 5: Giver anything else, Dave? Do you think questions for Dave?
Speaker 1: Dave? Can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 3: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts with Dave.
Speaker 12: Roberts just kind of in still Spring's confidence. No, he's prepared. Noody's gonna go out there and compete and give us a.
Speaker 1: Chance to win.
Speaker 12: Like I said, we have a lot of stoppers, a lot of capable starters. This guy's done it time and time again for us. But at the end of the day, we still got to play a complete game. So obviously Yoshi's gonna go out there and set the tone, but we still got to, you know, create stress, be good situationally run the base as well, catch the baseball, and to go along with our expected performance from Yoshi.
Speaker 11: Did He's continue to make a start to make to come up and he was unders whether you're dealing with same thing. Is there any concern just with that signs he experienced.
Speaker 1: In the weight loss and now he's babe.
Speaker 2: To maintain these.
Speaker 12: I think he's in a much better place. I thought we as an organization did a really good job. He didn't travel with us to Chicago, so to kind of keep him here local, same time zone, less travel. So saw him yesterday. I haven't seen him today, but he's in a good place, all right.
Speaker 7: There's the Badger Dave Roberts talking about rookie Susaki and the latest on the injuries coming up here on Moroco Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from Miguel Rojas. Will dive deeper to this pitching matchup, but up next we will check in, of course with David Vasse. As we lead you up to first pitch from Arizona. It's the Dodgers and Dinabacks. Dodgers looking to snap this seven game losing streak.
Speaker 2: First pitch at five ten.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 5: As we were.
Speaker 3: Saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Saturday, Yo Chinobo Yamamoto Brandon fought the pitching matchup game two of this three games set Dodgers losers of seven in a row. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by El Pato, born in La and made for your game. Dale Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato sauces, salces and hot sauces.
Speaker 5: Right to you.
Speaker 2: El Pato Gourmet in a can.
Speaker 1: Joining Tim kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 10: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi.
Speaker 5: All right, DV.
Speaker 7: About an hour ago a little buzzing there at Chase Field will involved in shoe hail Tani.
Speaker 6: You know what's so funny about this, Tim Shohio Tani has not thrown on the field or even come close to throwing a bullpen session since two weeks ago in Philadelphia. And when I came out out of the Dodger dugout, I was greeted by a row of Japanese cameras as they were in place just in case Otani would come out and play catch. And they've been that way for the last two weeks. So I asked him, I said, who you waiting for? Otani said, hey, we've been waiting for the last two weeks. You never know what day he's going to come out and start playing catch well towards the end of batting practice. Today, Otani emerged in his batting practice uniform and went out through the playoball against the wall in the Dodger bullpen at Chase Field, and then went out and played catch with a pitching purpose for the first time since two weeks ago in Philadelphia.
Speaker 10: And then, as he does at.
Speaker 6: The end of those long toss sessions or bullpen sessions, he grants a fan an exciting moment. He will throw the baseball that he used playing catch or throwing his bullpen session to the fans in whatever outfield stands that he's in, and they were screaming loud for that, like it was the Beatles or Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift for Otani to throw the baseball to them, and he granted a fan of wish, threw the baseball into the stands and did not come back into the dugout, avoided the herd of Japanese media, and went out through the backway in the Dodger bullpen. So we'll see where this leads, but it's something that we haven't seen in two few weeks.
Speaker 7: David is brought to by Ford summer sales event don't wait hurrying down for the best offers of the year. Go to buy fordnow dot com or you're sute to California forty Dealers for more information. Ford official vehicle of Major League Baseball. David, what has happened to this Dodgers offense?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if you look at the last seven games during this losing streak, it hasn't been pretty for the Dodger offense. A lot of bad base running decisions, a lot of bad base running outs.
Speaker 10: Dave Roberts acknowledged that earlier today.
Speaker 6: You look at last night's game, for example, Kyle Tucker should have scored on the flare by Miguel Rojas. Instead, he hesitated and was standing at third base and didn't score. You think about Tommy Edmond being picked off at first base when he's not going anywhere. You also think about the double plays the Dodgers had grounded into. Last night show Aotani grounded into a killer in ending double play with the bases.
Speaker 10: Loaded all on.
Speaker 6: All this year, Tim, the Dodgers have grounded into more double plays than any other team in Baseball ninety seven. And my understanding talking to people around the team, the Dodgers hitters have got to make better decisions. They've got to have a better plan because the way this roster is constructed, it's not a running type of team. They've just got to be able to lay off the pitches that induce ground balls to the left side or the right side of the infield that turn into ninety seven double plays hit.
Speaker 10: Into this season.
Speaker 7: Yeah, just too many of those. And Inny double play in the seventh from Otania last night was a killer as well. All Right, David, appreciate it. Well, check back in with you in just a little bit. Still to come here on I'm Ronggo Casino Dodgers on deck. We'll hear from Miguel Rojas coming up, though, we'll also hear from Charlie Steiner. Got your Dodgers magical moment though, when we come back. Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Saturday, I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: It's this Morongo Casino Dodgers hunting game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Saturday. Twentieth Century Studios The Dog Stars legendary director Ridley Scott returns with a gripping post apocalyptic thriller starring Jacob Alordie, Josh Brolin, Marc Bally and Guy Pierce.
Speaker 2: The Dog stars only.
Speaker 7: In theaters and Imax August twenty eighth, Get your tickets now.
Speaker 3: Dog who wants the hot co It's time for the Hawfeing Magical Moment Bitch Magical presented by Hawby Hot Dogs.
Speaker 2: Well, the Dodgers take it on the Snake.
Speaker 7: So we go back to September second, twenty eighteen, a matchup between these two teams out of Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: It was late in the game.
Speaker 7: Ninth Innian Archie Bradley on in relief, trying to close it out for the Snakes, facing Matt Kemp.
Speaker 5: Infield is halfway.
Speaker 4: The outfield is very deep, given Kemp the chance for a sacrifice cly and he has just delivered.
Speaker 9: It off the base of the wall. One run is in and two runs are in. Kep does it again. The three run home run last night, a two run walk off double this afternoon, and the Dodgers in all walk off win at three to two, and they are mobn Kemp halfway down the left field line.
Speaker 10: The Dodgers are in first place.
Speaker 7: A huge walk off double from Matt Kemp off of Archie Bradley, giving the Dodgers a.
Speaker 2: Crucial late season victory.
Speaker 7: This hockey magical moment to buy Hoftey hot Dogs haffee soa cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years.
Speaker 2: Hafty hot dogs, local and so great. When we continue here on.
Speaker 7: Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, we will check in with Charlie Steiner. We were walking up the first pitch. Dodgers and Diamondbacks on this Saturday. I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers audio.
Speaker 3: Nowhere, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your home for the flu all season low.
Speaker 7: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks on this Saturday as the Dodgers looked to snap this seven game loosing streak. Yoshinobu Yamamoto on the mountain.
Speaker 3: Time.
Speaker 7: Now for the Verizon startup, as we are thirty five minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you could lock in that low price for three years, so you can save big. Visit your So Cal Verizon store today.
Speaker 2: We welcome in Charlie Steiner.
Speaker 4: All right, Tim getting ready for game one hundred and seventeen, forty six games, fifty two days remaining in the regular season, and last night was about as discouraging a loss as the Dodgers have experienced during the seven game losing Street but walk off by Ryan Waltschmidt off Edwin Diaz in the bottom half of the ninth inning. It was a crushing blow to the Dodgers last night for many reasons, bo well, for many reasons. And unfortunately the scenario just continues. I mean, they had two runners thrown out on base. One of those was picked off at first That's the second time on this road trip they've had a runner picked off at first base. So you the gloves were fine, the approaches maybe hitting were not all that the terrific, But yeah, those are the games that it hurts when you walk off the field. And if you look at the Waldsmith, I mean he had a hanging slider on a two to two pitch, and boy did he hang it up and out over the plate.
Speaker 5: The game was over.
Speaker 4: So the Dodgers begin the day at sixty nine and forty seven, seven and a half in front of Arizona the Diamondbacks moving northward in a hurry, nine and a half in front of San Diego.
Speaker 5: Meanwhile, the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: In the race for the wild card right now, they are tied with Philadelphia, five games behind the Cubs, the three teams currently involved in the wildcard race. They've won twenty three of their last forty, so they're not just recently hot.
Speaker 5: They've been hot for a good long time.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers, on the other hand, over the last forty are just twenty twenty.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we start to look at different things. You know, the guy's trying to avoid their eighth the consecutive loss for the first time since losing eleven in a row back.
Speaker 5: In September twenty seventeen.
Speaker 8: But as you're saying, Arizona has been the they've been lights out of what they're doing, and in winning seventeen the last twenty five, you start to look at the standings. You know, in that period of time, the last twenty five games by Arizona, they've moved from fifteen games behind the Dodgers to now seven and a half games and knocking on a few different doors. So they would love to just continue to get red hot. Stay that way close the gap in the Western Division and their positions you're just talking about in the wild card race of the National League.
Speaker 4: Oh, the Dodgers need Yamamoto to step up big on this late Saturday afternoon. He's eleven and seven to two seventy six er opponents hitting just won eighty seven against him. Brandon Fought six and one of three and two thirds er two fifty three batting average against him. He's given up nine home runs and he has he struggled early on, they sent him out, he came back and since coming back fought is fighting.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he is, and he's doing a very good job, including keeping the ball in the ballpark. You know, he's not allowed a home run in the last thirty five and the third innings that he has pitched. So the Dodgers have to figure out a to maybe upset the Apple card on that. They're also going to have to figure out how to hit that four seam fastball because that has been a very big pitch for him. In fact, how big how about a one to sixty batting average against that particular pitch in the world. But for Funt, he throws six different pitches, including a couple of different types of fastballs.
Speaker 4: The Dodgers need to get some offense going. Freddy Freeman back in the lineup last night after being hit by a pitch of the night before. He's hitting three point thirty three against Fought. Lifetime Mookie Betts against.
Speaker 5: Fought is a four hundred hitter.
Speaker 4: So hopefully from the Dodger point of view, they can finally light up Fought, but it has not been easy for them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, quick comment about Freddy Freeman. He had the fifteen game hitting streak snap last night and he grounded out four times the second basement and I don't know how painful that right hand is.
Speaker 1: Hit on.
Speaker 8: That right hand really a glance and blew off the knob of the bat. On Wednesday in Chicago, he had xtra rays after the game. The X rays were negative, but I just got the fielding last night. He's not one hundred percent the way he was swinging the bat.
Speaker 4: So the Dodgers today and tomorrow in Arizona, come home Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday against Kansas, and then a very important four game series Thursday through next Sunday against the Milwaukee Brewers, who right now are three games better in the standings for best record in the National League.
Speaker 5: So the Dodgers have a big week ahead of them.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they do. And I think also, Charlie, I think the Dodgers need a couple of feel good moments to get back into the winning aspect. And instead of being asked as they've been asked the last number of days, hey, what about this losing streak. Dodgers have not played well and they need to start doing that tonight. And they've made too many mistakes on the basis, on the field and at home plate all seven of the losses.
Speaker 4: They had the lead at some point in those games and couldn't cash in the deal. And so today it's Arizona hosting the Dodgers, Game two of this three game series.
Speaker 5: Coming up, Tim all.
Speaker 7: Right, thank you, Charlie. Dodgers Baseball is presented by Uniclo Field at Dodgers Stadium.
Speaker 2: Visit Uniclo dot com, slash us.
Speaker 7: Still to come here on Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck before first pitch, We'll dive deeper this pitching match.
Speaker 2: We'll get to the keys of the game.
Speaker 7: But I'm next Miguel Rojas high and te you with David Vassay as we lead up to Dodgers and Diamondbacks. I'm Tim Kaateson's the Batchback World's champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 7: It'stin Dodgers in Diamondbacks, Game two of this three games said, Dodgers need a win.
Speaker 2: They need a win.
Speaker 7: They've lost seven in a row, longest losing streak since twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: You should we go a moto on the Mountain. Todgers Baseball is.
Speaker 7: Brought to by Shakey's Pizza Partner, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers Audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at Shakey's dot Com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vassy fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: Well, yesterday, our very own Miguel Rojas was awarded and honored by former players current players from the Players Associate Creation for the Dodgers Heart and Hustle Award. It's the third time Miguel Rojas has won that award. And I don't know anybody else in Major League Baseball that exemplifies hard and hustle more than our guest Miguel Rojas. Congratulations Miggy, and I mean every word that you exemplify hard and hustle.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 13: And it means a lot to me because this award is given by players, people who's who knows what it takes to be on the field day in they out the grind of playing one hundred and sixty two games, and especially doing with this organization.
Speaker 10: UH, is a little bit extra special for me.
Speaker 13: I know, I want to over there in Miami and I really appreciate the time that I spent there with my with my teammates and my my colleagues and and all the people that voted for me on that occasion. But for this one, weill will know the talent and the track record that we have in this organization, and knowing that we have so many players who play every single day that I have ultimate respect for, like Freddie Freeman. He's a guy who's always out there, you know, put everything on the line. His body, his body is his family, everything that you can even think about. And for me to receive this a world coming off the bench and playing limited time, it doesn't feel it doesn't feel real. But at the same time, every time I step on that field, I give everything that I have for the organization and sometimes even when I'm not in there, I'm doing everything that i can to make my teammates better. And I'm really grateful for the opportunity owner, for all the people that took me into consideration to represent the Dodgers, And this is a great opportunity for me to say thank you to them and to my teammates because they allowed me to be myself and they allow me to kind of like express my opinion, have a boys in the clubhouse, And obviously every time I step on the field, I want to do everything that I can to help the team win.
Speaker 10: But this is a special one for me.
Speaker 13: For my family, we are really happy and honor honor, and we're looking forward for the on field celebration.
Speaker 10: And when I received the plaque.
Speaker 6: Miguel Kobe Bryant used to talk about it's not the destination, it's the journey. Do you feel like you appreciate all of this more because of your journey?
Speaker 10: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 13: I feel like my my path to the Big Leaks was hard and I didn't know that to be able to stay here for this long, it was going to be extra harder and continue to work every single day towards the same goals every single day. That is a staying here one more day that haven't changed since the day that I got to the big league. So I'm I'm really proud of myself and the way that I kind of like I kept myself in the big leagus and in the highest level. And I can say if this is my last year and my last time playing baseball for a full season, I think I give everything that I had on an everyday basis.
Speaker 10: So I'm excited that.
Speaker 13: I mean, when I'm thirty seven years old and kind of like at the back end of my career, I can still produce on the field and and kind of be respected.
Speaker 10: Off the field as well. So that's that's the legacy that.
Speaker 13: I wanted to leave in this game whenever it was my last day. So I'm really I'm really proud that my journey took me to a place where I can be proud to say that I'm going to be a motivation for the NAT generation.
Speaker 10: I love that Niggy row. You know what that screams to me. You gotta play like there is no tomorrow. There's there's no tomorrow for I mean for us.
Speaker 13: I mean right now, it might be a tomorrow, but I feel like the mentality of maybe having to win every single day and and kind of have a little bit more of sense or agency for winning those games. I'm not saying that we're not having it right now, but it feels like we can be a little be more present and instead of like think about what happened yesterday or what's gonna happen tomorrow. So I feel like that's that's what I'm gonna put you in a situation where we were last year. You know, we were last year in a situation where there's no tomorrow in game six, no tomorrow in game seven. And we've been there before like Game five, in Game four and five and twenty twenty four against the Padres, and and I mean, you can you can count the moments that we needed to win a game, and it feels like today it's one of those days. You know, we have the right guy on the mound with Yamamoto, and we know we have a lot of depth behind him. We're really excited about having Blake back and having school pitching at home and at some point in Glasnow I'm pretty sure he's gonna be in our rotation and we're looking forward to have those guys back and having a complete roster.
Speaker 6: I don't need anything else from anybody else. After listening to a man that has overcome a lot of adversity, saved the Dodgers season in Game seven of the World Series last year, and this year's honoree.
Speaker 10: For the Heart and Hustle Award.
Speaker 6: Thanks a lot for the time, miggi and I think you've inspired everybody back in Los Angeles.
Speaker 10: Thank you, guys very much, appreciate it. There it goes Miguel Rojas. It's been our guest. Everything that he gets.
Speaker 6: He deserves the Hard and Hustle Award for the World Series zero. He'll receive a gift card to Javier's Newport Beach downtown Pasadena.
Speaker 10: That's where MIGGI Row will be. We'll see you there too. I'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: All right, Thanks a lot of DV.
Speaker 7: Thank you, MIGGI Row, and congratulations to you leading do After first pitch Dodgers and Diamondbacks from Phoenix up next, we'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Don't you go anywhere.
Speaker 7: I'm Tim Kats's the back to back Orld Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunters game on your home for LA Dodgers.
Speaker 7: Baseball, Dodgers and Diamondbacks, Game two of this three game series from the Desert. Diamondbacks have gotten back into this division, now only seven and a half games back once was fourteen in mid July. The Dodgers have now lost seven in a row. Looking to snap that tonight first pitch at five to ten.
Speaker 3: And now before the Dodgers hit the diamond we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy.
Speaker 7: Brandon fought on the mound for the Diamondbacks six and one with a three sixty six RRA.
Speaker 2: He's been an interesting story.
Speaker 7: The twenty seven year old right hander started the year in the rotation, then was demoted to the bullpen. Struggled there, he was sent down to Triple A Reno to figure out his control and his pitches. When he's come back, he's been really good. He's making his eleven start twenty first appearance tonight. In seven starts since coming back from Triple A and rejoining this rotation, Brandon fought a six to oh with a one to fifty five RRA twenty one strikeouts. His one fifty five RORA since June thirtieth is top five in the major leagues during that span. Last time out, Brandon fought six and two thirty eightings, one run, five hits, three strikeouts, and a win over the Padres against the Dodgers. This is his tenth career start at fifth at a home. He earned the win two earned runs over five and a third in his loan start against them back on July eleventh Dodger Stadium in his second home start in his twenty twenty five he went one to zero with a two to nineteen ERA. Last year with a one to seventy eight batting average, so Brandon fought. Looks like the struggles are behind him and he is off to a good start here the second half of the season.
Speaker 2: Yoshinobu Yamamoto eleven and.
Speaker 7: Seven, two seventy six ERA, twenty seven year old right hitter making his twenty first start this season. His one eighty seven upon his batting average his third lowest in the Major leagues this year.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good.
Speaker 7: His six and a half innings per start is first in the Major leagues. Last start against the Red Sox, he picked up his seventh loss of the season. Spik wing eight innings had given him just four runs on three hits, two home runs and striking out three and eight career starts against the Diamondbacks, Yoshinobu Yama motos four and two with a sub three ERA and fifty five strikeouts. This will be the third time facing him this year and one with a six eer so. Yoshinobu Yamamoto looking to get back on the winning track, Looking to get the Dodgers back on the winning track. Ball Brandon Fought, looking to continue his second half surge. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keis of the game. Our next I'm Tim Keas' is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio networkers.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deap on your home for the Blue All Season Law.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 7: Game two of this three games sent Yoshinobu Yamamoto and Brandon fought. The pitching matchup first pitch and Chase Field is coming up at five to ten pm. As we get you ready for the start of the game with a Saporo start Great Moments, Start with Sapporo beer, whatever your taste preference. Sapporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beer.
Speaker 2: Soporo good with sushi, great with baseball.
Speaker 7: All right, one final time before first pitch, let's head back out to the booth in Arizona.
Speaker 2: Tim neverertrick mound guys.
Speaker 8: Tim, thanks very much. Talk about the pitching tonight. Yoshinobu Yamamoto did not make the trip to Chicago. The Dodgers left him in the same time zone. He had been overcoming an illness. That's why they pushed him back a day against the Red Sox. Lost eight pounds when he was sick, trying to put the weight back on, and here he is getting a start here on the road tonight against Arizona. We'll see about the stamina with that weight loss. Tonight, Yamamoto has pitched better than the eleven and seven record. He's had six quality starts that's the second highest in Major League Baseball. The other part two is he's handled a big part of the lineups numbers two, three, and four exceptionally will In fact, over the last two years, those hitters in the two, three four spot have collectively hit just one seventy six, so he has really put a damper on some offenses. Dodgers have had trouble with the fastball recently. Brandon Fought has not had trouble throwing it since it recall from the miners on the thirtieth of June, the opposition hitting just one sixty against his four seamers, So the Dodgers will be challenged with a good fastball tonight from the Diamondbacks. Brandon fog Fought against Yamamoto. That's the pitching matchup as the Dodgers try to end this seven game losing streak and get back in the win column against the Diamondbacks here tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Dodgers looking to end this seven game skin is there only seven and a half games up in the NL West. That lead shrunk from fourteen games down to eleven at the All Star break after the Dodgers got swept by the Snakes at Uniclo. Field the Dodgers Stadium. Now the Dodgers a seven and a half game lead. Also keep an eye on the San Diego Padres nine and a half games back of the Dodgers and they are in home right now taking on the Houston Astros. Tied one to one going to the third Indians. But the Dodgers just need to take care of business offense, get going, good defense, good base running, and Yoshinobo Yamamoto needs to dial in tonight. Tonight's the Nights. Got to end this seven game losing streak. Dodgers and Diamondbacks is next. Enjoyed everybody. This has been Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back World Series champion Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Audio Detwork the Bud, the bod