Speaker 1: It's the second date update on Mojo in the Morning.
Speaker 2: All right, it is timed out for the second date update. You're not getting a call back after you went on a date text date to nine five five zero zero. We are going to get you on second date update here on the Mojo in the Morning show Mondays and Wednesdays.
Speaker 1: Uh, is this Anica that's on with us right now? Anica? You there?
Speaker 2: Yes, I am so not getting a call back after you went on a date and you're bummed out about that thing, and you thought that things went well.
Speaker 1: What did you guys do on your date?
Speaker 3: So it was just pretty normal.
Speaker 2: We just went folding, okay, and after the date was over with hug and kiss whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we did actually kiss, okay.
Speaker 2: And did you guys talk about the future of another date?
Speaker 3: Not then?
Speaker 4: No, we didn't, but.
Speaker 1: You guys text back and forth afterwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean we work together, so.
Speaker 1: He's just okay. So do you guys see each other while you're working?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we worked the front desk and he's been doing random other jobs instead, like he won't be near me.
Speaker 2: So he's changed his work pattern since the date that you guys went on. Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that he doesn't want other people in the office to know that you guys went on a date with each other.
Speaker 1: I mean that's why I called.
Speaker 2: We're going to.
Speaker 1: Figure that out. Okay, let's figure it out. Then. Will is on the phone with us right now. Say hello to Will?
Speaker 5: Hi, Will, Hello?
Speaker 1: Will? Why are you hiding? Will? Are you hiding? Are you or you just have no work where you're seeing a little bit of both?
Speaker 4: But yeah, I'm hiding a little.
Speaker 1: I guess what's going on. Did you not enjoy bowling and hanging out with her?
Speaker 4: It was cool at first, but I don't know, I just wasn't really feeling it.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, you said it was cool. Why weren't you feeling it?
Speaker 2: She started talking about her ex the whole date, So the entire time that you guys are on a date with each other.
Speaker 1: What is she saying? What is she talking about?
Speaker 4: She misses her ax? She you know, she's like still looking at his Instagram.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she brought.
Speaker 6: Up that he Gotnica.
Speaker 1: Why are you doing I was talking to her?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, your boy girl is Ona Honka.
Speaker 1: Why why are you talking about your axe?
Speaker 3: Okay? Well, I wasn't talking about him the entire time, but I did mention him because that was I mean, that's just kind of what you do. If you're going on a date with people you know, you kind of give your history.
Speaker 1: A little bit. You miss your ax.
Speaker 3: No, I do not miss my ex, but he just got married and it was pretty quick, so I don't know. I just feel like if I got vulnerable with you, and I don't know, like me like telling you all of that stuff means that I was getting vulnerable with you means that I trusted you, and you just kind of like flip it on a head.
Speaker 7: I understand making that like part of a comment and your story, because that is you know, your past and your story to get you where you are right now, What did you actually say, like I miss him and shed some tears over it, or it wasn't that intense.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's not that it was like, okay, it's not that it was like intense. But when you start having conversations about you know, past exes and everything, I did get a little emotional because he just moved on really quickly. And it's not that I miss him, it's just the fact that it makes me feel as if all of those years that I spent with somebody doesn't matter because so.
Speaker 1: Quickly he just got married.
Speaker 7: So that was a comment you made, I'm more or less yes.
Speaker 1: Okay, who brought the exes up?
Speaker 8: Like?
Speaker 1: How did that start?
Speaker 2: Did you just bring it out yourself or did he ask you about past relationships?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think it just kind of happened in regular conversation.
Speaker 1: You know, how did it happen?
Speaker 2: Will?
Speaker 4: She brought him up because they had been to that bowling alley before.
Speaker 2: Okay, so she brought up and then she started talking about him getting married, and then she started getting Was she emotional?
Speaker 1: She cried cried about him.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I had to like console her on our first date, and I just thought, it's kind of weird that you're still, you know, in love with this guy. And I'm not trying to be anybody's rebound to be honest.
Speaker 3: Okay, I literally just said that I'm not in love with him. I said that it was more reflection on my own self worth that I spent five years with somebody and pretty much none.
Speaker 1: Of that mattered.
Speaker 3: It was a reflection on my own self worth.
Speaker 1: It wasn't that I missed the person and.
Speaker 3: I got vulnerable with I know you're saying that that's weird.
Speaker 1: First date though, Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 2: Let's see what the listeners think about this, if you guys don't mind eight four four Mojo Live eight four four six six five six five four eight is bringing up your ex okay, and then taking it to the level that Anica took it where she started like crying about him, and you know she's I she says that she was getting vulnerable. Is she getting vulnerable or is she saying is she doing it in a way where she's not over him? Because I would I would start worrying if it was that you're just all of a sudden, you know, bringing this guy up and talking about him so much that it sounds like you guys are still you still have a thing for this guy.
Speaker 1: Brianna, what did you want to say? Brianna?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I think talking about access and how the relationships what in the history is definitely a conversation you've had with someone, But to try to attempt to have it on the first date is literally the craziest thing I've ever heard in my entire life. If someone broke down crying when we went on a first date, I literally would be like, what is happening right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That is that's interesting, And I think you've got to let them bring it up and ask you questions about it. You can't just randomly do it. Because you start bringing it up, you sound a little crazy. Eric, what's up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I do have to side with him on this one a little bit, because well, what's your name?
Speaker 5: What's your name? Anika Honka?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 8: From from his perception, your first is the first dates are all about first impressions and like it.
Speaker 1: And you guys may have had a first impression at work, but then like your first impression outside of work.
Speaker 2: You were talking, you got so emotional of a previous relationship, whether it was regardless of the left over feelings or the fact that.
Speaker 1: It's your self worth as a impression on this is the most deep. Yeah. I appreciate the vulnerability.
Speaker 7: I think that that's such a good quality in anybody, But it's not on the first date. I do agree with you, yet even even the second date.
Speaker 1: The first date, is it vulnerability or is it she's not over? Well, we don't know that. What do you think, Kiki?
Speaker 5: I think that she's not wrong only because it's not like they first time meeting each other, Like they see each other every day and they do work together talking about more than work, obviously they're talking about more exactly, So I don't feel like she's crazy for that, Like you already knew what you were getting into because you already personally know her.
Speaker 2: And are you guys really close at work? Well, like, do you guys talk a lot at work?
Speaker 3: I mean we we would like banter and have inside jokes and whatnot.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, what do you think?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I think we're close and I think she's fun, but I wasn't ready for becoming her rebound so she could forget this other guy, like I knew about him.
Speaker 1: But do you think it's a rebound? That's so rid of you.
Speaker 4: Because you're clearly not over him, and I felt like you were trying to forget him and you failed at doing that.
Speaker 3: So if I tell you the reason and you're still just sticking to your guns that you think it's a different reason, well, I'm glad that it's not working out, because it's not like you would listen to me in anything anyways.
Speaker 2: All right, Anthony, what did you want to say, Anthony, Well, I mean.
Speaker 8: I get that in like, there are some kind of red flags with uh, you know, being so vulnerable so quickly in today's world, that's kind of like modern dating is just to hide yourself for a long a long time. But I think it's kind of cute that she got so vulnerable so quickly. And I think just hearing her voice and how she's saying that, like.
Speaker 4: Hey, I felt like I could trust you to tell you.
Speaker 8: Something this deep is actually, like I said, kind.
Speaker 1: Of cute because.
Speaker 4: Anthony, Hey, if she's single.
Speaker 3: Is are you?
Speaker 2: So Anthony found it to be actually something cute that was going on there.
Speaker 1: Some people may look.
Speaker 2: At it as, hey, there is a vulnerability here that I really like and this is a great end for me right now to show her what a good guy is, you know, I like, I like deep conversations.
Speaker 9: I'm one of those people where I'm not gonna say trauma dumb, but I'm very honest and very open.
Speaker 1: So I'll tell you stuff you probably didn't ask for.
Speaker 9: We not understanding how she went about saying it. It's tough to really gauge if she was in the right quote unquote in the wrong but just crying.
Speaker 1: That's the part where I'm kind of like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: How much were you freaking out the monday after you came back from the date work weekend, Like, well, were you like, oh crap, I gotta go in and we got.
Speaker 1: To see each other.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was just looking for other things I could do so we didn't have to both be sitting at the front desk because I didn't really want to, you know, make her cry again or anything, because she's cool, but I just I wasn't ready for something so serious right away.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, no second date. It looks like on this one here, and this is another reason why when relationships don't work out when you're dating at work, it makes it awkward, like you start taking the long.
Speaker 1: Way to the bathroom, you know. All right, second date updates.
Speaker 4: This is a whole with the dirty on the thirty fro back frown second date update, and more than roses.
Speaker 1: This is Mojo in the Morning