Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed. This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith the pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you, Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show. Wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith. You see the march. It couldn't be anything else. I am marking. Isn't this great prison equals great information? Concer rated Bube? That's a good thing, right, take care.
Speaker 2: Of you are of a darker than me?
Speaker 1: How big.
Speaker 3: Take can?
Speaker 1: How dare you? How big? How big? How big?
Speaker 2: Huh huh huh?
Speaker 1: How big? How big? A secret's worth depends on the people from who it must be capped Gong Mayukes, how dare you?
Speaker 3: Petro sand Money AM five seventy LA Sports were live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Remember anywhere in the world where you may be. If you have a smart device the iHeartRadio app pop that Am five to seventy LA Sports tile and you can listen to the Petros and Money Show live in the moment. You're a home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. The Petros and Money Show podcast, Today's show, past shows, interviews all available free on the iHeart Radio app. Had some good interviews today, Matt eight interviews today. Kevin Harlan gonna be on the call for the Super Bowl where you're a home of Super Bowl sixty. He'll be coming up in the very next segment. Don McClain talking Laker Clipper trade deadline day and UCLA basketball, all available to you through that same iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Are you looking for a place to watch the Big Game? The Cork and Batter Roadhouse in Don McClain's hometown of Seemi Valley is hosting a huge watch party, one of the largest game day events in the area. Family friendly, community style event with food, drinks, music, and giveaways. They're giving away a Harley Davidson Fat Boy l O. A Harley giveaway alone makes it worth checking out. Ain't death, the truth, go to the big game. Leave with a Harley one of the biggest local watch parties, happening music plus the game rare combo. If you're in or near See Me Valley, Ventura County, stand up. This is the spot Cork and Batter Roadhouse in See Me Valley to come watch a big game. And if you're in Chadsworth, just make that drive across box, can you? Why not Cork and Batter Roadhouse, See Me Valley. I love it. I hope she's there. All right, it is time for three Things Thursday, Three Thingstersday.
Speaker 3: Well, the biggest fish still swims in fresh water. The tread deadline has come and gone. And for all of the youngness, authentic wombo, rumors, speculation, everybody's say, empathetical trade, all this stuff. And then like people are always like, you can't move him, like deep down, deep down, you gonna bring back a bunch of picks.
Speaker 1: It was just a bunch of sprinting, just took a bunch of high knees in place.
Speaker 3: And I'll tell you, let me say this about this, about this Yannis Feller, Okay, are you going to attack that Greek? Not going to attack him? I'm gonna say it just goes to show you, you know, even though you're raised in the European athletic system where they essentially pull you out of school and make your professional from a young age, they still ensure that your head is screwed on right and that you don't lose sight of being a well rounded individual, a potential face of a franchise, someone who can comport himself, not even just manage the media, but can be a bit of a media star. We regularly see that with a lot of these Euros that come over and are incredibly likable, even though it's English second language. Here's someone that was getting skewered now, like, oh, we thought Jannis was different. We thought Jannis, you know, was was really really meant it when he said I am Milwaukee, Yeah, this is where I want to be.
Speaker 1: They did let him have like six of his inept brothers on the team and the tunnies on the bench.
Speaker 3: But and he alluded to that, he said, for all of.
Speaker 1: You loos, like all the brothers though they're awful.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: He pointed out that he in fact did not ask for a trade, that it never came up, that these were discussions that were had with the front office in each of the last couple of years to try to figure out how best they could continue to compete for championships while he was in his prime, for as long as he could be in his prime, and then talk about just pulling the rug out from under the haters. My child born here, Yes, I find the wife here. And then even if which you know, look good, it happens in a lot of places.
Speaker 1: Of course.
Speaker 3: You know you got here when you were twenty years old and now you're thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember. He was just enamored with smoothies, you know, right, he thought they were filled with sadziki. There's this sweet fruit.
Speaker 3: I want this fifty piece nugget to celebrate. Can I get fifty peace?
Speaker 1: Can I get defe right?
Speaker 3: And then Jannis comes with the haymaker. I buried my father in Milwake. Oh, he is buried in cemetery in Milwaukee. And you think me Janni's wants to leave Milwaukee with father buried here. I was like, oh my god. It's one thing to say you never asked for a trade. It's another to say, hey, look, you know I had my first kid here. It'll always be a special place. I can picture the hospital and drive it home down whatever sucker brew Bullard exactly in Phonsie Court. But then to drop the my father place. My father is buried in cemetery here.
Speaker 1: At Pazzi Cemetery.
Speaker 3: If I want to leave, why would I bety Father Memorial Park.
Speaker 1: It's like damn Yannis.
Speaker 3: So he stays. Draymond Green stays like Telly Savalas always said, with a sucker in his mouth. Greeks don't make warnings, they utter prophecies. Uh to the second, congratulations Giannis, you win, you win the guy. It's just like everybody else. We should have known it from the start sweepstakes. No, he is not like everybody else.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Turns out my brother SISIs lose virginity right by lake, my dear.
Speaker 3: I was in another room listening only last thirteen seconds, But congratulations to him. The CERs were the big movers and shakers. They blot the trade deadline.
Speaker 1: They blew it up.
Speaker 3: You've been playing the sound by it all day up.
Speaker 1: Damn you, God damn you. I only know one person emotional enough to have that kind of reaction. God dam.
Speaker 3: When they were six and twenty one, we made fun of Larry Frank or, as James Harden calls him, l for suggesting that once Derek Jones Junior got healthy, the organization firmly believed they'd turn it around and get back into the mix. We laughed, and they made fools of us because they did. Now, it wasn't Derek Jones that turned it around. They just started playing incredibly good basketball, found their superstar footing sniffing five hundred just two games under, and then, as Don McClain told us earlier earlier, just decided this is where we want to live. Do we really want to get stuck in middle management? Are we comfortable sitting in the same office for twenty five years? He's kind of always have been no upward mobility.
Speaker 1: You've been under the glass ceiling or the paper ceiling, or whatever kind of ceiling you want to call it for almost ever one Western Conference finals, that's it.
Speaker 3: And they were like, no, despite the surge, they did not have anybody could see it a realistic chance to make a playoff run. And with zero or at least nearly zero draft assets and zero or almost zero young players, the best move was to see how much you might be able to get at a deadline when teams tend to be a little more desperate are in the hunt, feel like the teams atop the conference art as good as advertised earlier, and then maybe get a shot to be part of what's projected to be a really good draft in June. Two All Stars out old man and incredibly annoying and not at all likable, James Harden and not that old one of the best young big men in the game and a favorite of the Petros.
Speaker 1: And money. We don't have this is it? We lost Don McLean. I mean all we have is Adam now. Hello, Hello, That's all we have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we can crack the code with Canard. I think we could. Oh he's a Laker, Hello, dumbass a Clipper Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello? Yeah we're out man. Yeah. Nothing. Uh.
Speaker 3: They do bring back a couple All Stars in their early to mid twenties from the Pacers and the Cavaliers. Currently, the Pacers are tied for the second worst record in basketball. Now, maybe Zeubs helps him dig out of that hole and creates longer lottery odds. But they did get a pick, a pick back pee, and we love talking about picks. Nobody and nobody plays better than a pick. That's right, because I'll tell you when the pick becomes a person, then oh god, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I can't wait four of this free agency.
Speaker 3: That's down the road. I thought we had a draft jingle, but I guess we don't. It's just trade talk and free agency talk. But the draft pick is not a person yet. And for those that are keeping score, the Indiana Pacers sent the Clippers a pick that if it falls in the five slots fifth, sixth, seventh, eighth, or ninth, it will convey to the Clippers this coming June. I want you to think about that for a second. Okay, one, two, three, four, no, ten through thirty No, but five, six, seven, eight, or nine. Clippers are in businessman, big business.
Speaker 1: All right. Well, I'll try to monitor that.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm gonna help you monitor. Because the league, as those in the media like to say, flattened the lottery odds some years ago. What does that mean. I'm sure that Dallas felt that. Indeed they did with Cooper flag in reverse order of record, a fourteen percent chance for the number one pick for teams one through three, twelve and a half percent through team four. They draw the first four slots.
Speaker 1: So if the.
Speaker 3: Pacers are not able to cash in a one point four in ten chance. As it stands right now, Jackpot Clippers got a top ten pick and what Don McClain has called one of the deeper drafts in recent memory. So why would the Pacers do it well? Because they are looking to next season and pairing zups with one of our all time favorites, Tyrese Haliburt.
Speaker 1: Haliburton, the Burt. We love the Burt. If we need some black ops overseas, that's who I call. And we also like Pascal Siakam. He's he's been one of our favorites that they could make a run at the championship next season. I like him much more than Pedro Pascal, no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although that Pedro Poscal, like Harry Goode, I feel.
Speaker 1: Like he's been forced on us a little bit. I have way too many things a little bit.
Speaker 3: But you know, it's a very capricious business today. Seven thing.
Speaker 1: Well, look at UBOs next year. I'm on the biggest look at Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh, they get Matherin back, Benedict mather In, the Arizona Wildcat, who has been really, really, really good early in his career, A sixth overall pick, just four drafts ago. He's only twenty three years old. Eighteen points, five rebounds, three assists. He's a career thirty eight percent three point shooter. Uh and last year it proved that the NBA playoffs were not too big for him. He had two twenty point games in the conference finals, two twenty point games in the NBA Finals, a twenty four and a twenty seven. So Matherin not a bad young building block. His playoff averages eighteen minutes, that's it. But to put up fifteen points, five rebounds, two and a half assists over a steal per game on forty six percent shooting in again, Mathern is twenty three. It is not thirty seven year old James Harden. It is not thirty five year old Kawhi Leonard. They blew it up. They blew it up. God damn them all to hell. It is not thirty three year old Bradley Beal. Guess what I'm getting that p is? You know, last five or so years here with these Clippers, it's been a bunch of old men. It's been a bunch of load management. It's been a bunch of I need to have a podcast. I got to start thinking about my post playing career. James Harden doing TV hits for TNT and Paul George starting podcast p and Kawhi Leonard. Who knows what the f that guy does, but it sure as hell doesn't feel like he plays basketball. Maybe the fact that the Clippers have managed to bring in a twenty six year old former All Star, Darius Garland, great great grandson of Judy Career nineteen point seven.
Speaker 1: Addiction has been filtered out through the gene pool, So don't worry, kids, He's fine. He has no feet and some got a club foot like George Gordon Lord Byron. But other than that, everything's fine. That Daniel d Lewis movie, it was about Darius Garland. They got younger, they got considerably younger, and I think more Athletico more likable. James Harden not likable, Paul George. How can I not like when I have no idea who they are and I nor do I I don't it's a better chance to like somebody.
Speaker 3: I just know that I didn't like those I didn't like those other guys.
Speaker 1: Well, Kauhai still waiting there looking at you all weird like right, Yeah, he's.
Speaker 3: Didn't you hear that one clip of Kawhi isn't that funny? No, it's not funny. It's one clip and he's an a hole and a pain in the ass. It doesn't play a they needed to eat younger.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't talk about him like that. His sister is going to beat your head against a urine until you die.
Speaker 3: Well, number one, I'm not planning on going into a ladies bathroom at the Yama Va anytime soon. So they renamed it. That's why we can't be sandmany anymore because of that old woman getting her head crushed by Kawhi's sister.
Speaker 1: That's it. That's all they got.
Speaker 3: It's the only thing that anybody ever plays from Kawhi that is supposed to make him a likable individual. Finally, p perhaps we have found and I guess I rushed to get to it. Maybe we found our next favorite player in Los Angeles. He joined us once when he was a Clipper, and it was an average conversation. It wasn't terrible, it wasn't great, it was average.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: NBA players like to get not that they're ever any good, but to get an NBA player on the air has become increasingly difficult.
Speaker 3: It used to be a very easy thing. It wasn't great, and now they're so special. We would always insist that they tape. We never wanted to do the NBA Player live. We were like, we'll do it at one o'clock so we can prepare for them not to show up, which would be about fifty percent of the time. But now, if you recognize very few current.
Speaker 1: We were just happy to have Canard.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to the Lakers for getting a balding, white sharp shooter. Luke Canard is the best three point shooter in the league right now, over fifty percent. They needed it desperately. They gave up a dude named Gabe who've rarely played, and one of the most recent clips that went viral, as the kids like to say on social media, was of Lebron James giving him a side eye that somebody recorded with their telephone sitting right behind the bench.
Speaker 1: Once that happens, it's only a matter of time.
Speaker 3: He was like leaning over looking at JJ and he's like, hey, stot stop, just kind of nodded his head toward Gabe and next thing you know, man still pulling the strings. Welcome back to La Canard. You have an open invitation to participate in an on the telephone interview with the petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: If you so choose, gonna be a great day. When that day never comes, it will never come. We'll be right back. I used to think that the day would never come.
Speaker 2: I'm on.
Speaker 3: My father is buried in cemetery here. Do you really think I want to leave the city.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I buried my father in cemetery here. We'll be back with Kevin Harlan, the man behind the call super Bowl sixty on M five seventy LA Sports. Coming up next, This is Petrosen Money on to Mad Demand, May.
Speaker 3: Petro saying money AM five to seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We are your home of the NFL, have been all season, and we are your home as you would imagine, the exclusive home in Los Angeles for Super Bowl sixty Patriots Seahawks. You will get kickoff at three thirty pm right here on your home of the NFLAM five to seventy LA Sports and the.
Speaker 1: Man calling it a brilliant play by play man who has made his mark in many sports. And is he running around San Francisco, Santa Clara, Alcatraz right now, soopping up all the praise and going to all the parties and taking advantage of the holiday. No, he's working calling NBA games for Amazon. He's in Phoenix tonight. He'll get the Bay Area. He'll do his job and it'll be perfect like it always is. One of the great immortal broadcasters of our time. Had a great guy and the Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hotline. It is the one and only voice of the Super Bowl on ampire seventy Kevin Harlan, what's cracking, Kevin? How are you? Thank you for joining this.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna send that to my mom and dad. That was That's a great intro, and I thank you very much for it. And it's great to be on and thank you for carrying the broadcast. It's going to be an interesting game Sunday. But drilled to be joining you guys this afternoon.
Speaker 1: It was either that or the Fishing Show. It was kind of a toss up, you know. To be fair, I voted for the Fishing Show, Kevin, but you know, I mean you lost. I lost, And you know what, it's sporting events and play by play content is what it is? What can you say? You do this every year and every time we can get you on, we always enjoy it. We don't interview a lot of play by play guys, but your special just tell us a little bit about what it's like calling the super Bowl, because not everybody gets to do it, no matter what kind of call it is, even if it's going internationally or something, it's a special thing. How much fun is it every year for a guy who's got a lot of experience like yourself.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for that. It is a honor beyond honors in this business. Is both of you clearly know big events are things that you circle on the calendar, and I hope you can participate in do the best job you can with and embrace every moment because it doesn't happen every day. And this is certainly one of those events, the super Bowl. And this will be my sixteenth consecutive and I always, I always think about the people that preceded me, like Jack Buck and Marv Albert and Lindsey Nelson and Don Krickey and Jim Simpson, the giants in this business, and they've sat in that seat, in that headset, and I'm lucky enough to be in that seat right now, and someone will follow me down the road. But I always it's never lost to me.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I grew up in a family where my dad was in pro football for thirty seven years, so I've grown up with the sport. I was a ball boy for the Packers in Green Bay growing up, worked in the press box. When I got to high school, used to call imaginary games from the radio booth during my lunch breaks, during the week of training camps, you know, for multiple years, and so it really is in my blood, and a chance to broadcast this game is almost almost surreal. It's almost too good to be true. But I embrace every moment of it and feel very, very fortunate every Super Sunday.
Speaker 3: So we're Kevin, We're the home of the Dodgers, and we're coming off what many you know, and when we talk to people that called the game or at the game, say is the greatest World Series that has ever been played? That they'd ever seen or that they'd ever called, you mentioned this is your sixteenth. We've had some really really good Super Bowls over those sixteen or fifteen going on sixteen. Do any stand out. Is there any one in particular that when you tell people, yes, I've called super Bowls, the first one that maybe pops into your mind, well.
Speaker 2: I'd probably say the Malcolm Butler Patriot interception at the goal line and the pass he picked off is the Seahawks years ago. We're driving and Russell Wilson at Marshawn Lynch in the backfield and they chose to throw a ball like like at the two yard line and tried to hit a quick cutting receiver at the goal line, and Butler had picked it off for the Patriots and sealed a New England win. Another game that stands out is Atlanta led New England twenty eight to three in the third quarter and Brady brought him back, tied it in regulation, won it, and overtime. The Manningham catch down the side line for the Giants against New England, Peyton Manning winning in his final NFL game a super Bowl for Denver. I mean, every every game, quite frankly, has had a moment or a meaning to it. And if you mentioned a game, I could probably tell you exactly from that game what stood out, even though it may not have been the headline, but the interesting thing is about this broadcast is that it's like every other game you know that that we call, and you you can't let it get too big because it'll paralyze you in terms of just your broadcast flow and doing the job that needs to be done. But when those moments happen and you can nail that moment as best you can with your words and your tonality and your pacing and cadence and everything else with the reporting skills that come with the job, it really is a satisfying moment. I'm not going to say that every Bro podcast has been perfect. You strive for perfection and we all want it to be. But I do put two things at the very top of my spotting chart for every game that I do, and those are every play period, Every play is important. And then any play, any play could be the play of the game that could be replayed, talked about for years and years to come. So you cannot really let your focus dip. And when Butler makes it interception at the goal line, or Manningham makes it with a shoulder catch on the sideline from Eli, Manning or Brady engineers that come back and they come back and win it against Atlanta after trailing by twenty five points. You know, you just hope that when those moments matter, those words and everything that you've kind of put into that broadcast can come right through and paint the picture on radio for our listeners in this country and worldwide.
Speaker 3: And name that voice in two words is what people say. Maybe one when it comes to Kevin Harlan, he'll be on the call for Super Bowl sixty right here on your own with the Super Bowl AM five to seventy LA Sports a three thirty kick. When you start the game, you know you're you're obviously calling the action, but you're also setting the scene, establishing a narrative. When when you look at these two teams or the players involved, who are the who are the stars, who are the protagonists? What do you think are the story lines that emerge as this thing begins and gets underway.
Speaker 2: I think you could work right down the list. You know, both coaches are fairly new at the current positions they're in. Both are defensive minded coaches, which is kind of unique. One guy calls plays, Who've never had a defensive play caller win a Super Bowl before. We've had defensive minded head coaches, but they've not called the plays like this one does. And Mike McDonald up in Seattle. The quarterbacks clearly, you know, one was a high pick and failed initially and then rebuilt his career and found his way to two organizations that let him relove the game, and now he ends up in Seattle where he's able to display all the things he's picked up. Other quarterback highly rated, but on a team that that clearly has been put together with a lot of money and free agency with the New England Patriots. I mean, you go right on down the list of the things that matter. It may not have the dynamic star power, but when you get into the individual stories of these teams and how defense has kind of led the way and the offense has tried to stay as close behind as they can. And knowing the quarterback stories and and and knowing what New England was and what they've tried to recreate five years after their last Super Bowl and Drake May and Mike Vrabel, it becomes a pretty enticing story, quite frankly. And and all these games have just everlasting moments and ramifications, and that's what these guys are trying to deal with. Like I said before, for broadcast, they're like all these games, you just try to stay in your lane. These players need to stay in their lane too, because they know that when they stray, that's when problems happen, turnovers can occur, and issues can erupt. And that is what I think becomes job one for the coaches. But they've done such a good job with elongated winning streaks, fourteen win seasons. I mean, there's a lot to pick and choose from going in, and it's just kind of what's gonna what's gonna prompt that note, that nugget, that anecdote as the game goes on, that's gonna accent what actually happens in the game. Sometimes you prepare, as you guys know, for these broadcasts and something the exact opposite happens, and being ready to pivot either way will become pivotal, not for just the broadcast, but clearly for the players. And they've got to and it'll be interesting to see how these two teams adapt as the game goes on.
Speaker 1: Mistakes make football exciting. Joining us right now is the voice, Yeah, I know you're right, Yeah, you're right. If it wasn't for guys freaking out and making mistakes out there, the game would be very boring. Great, Yeah, Marlin play by play man voice of the Super Bowl on our station. Of course, he's joining us now on the Petros and Buddy Show. You know you mentioned that New England thing. It's so interesting. You know, these franchises after a dynasty or whatever sometimes or seem to go dormant for decades before they pop back up. How surprised are you to see New England right back in it with different faces?
Speaker 2: Stunning? You know, they hired Gerrod Mayo when Belichick was let go or they parted ways, and that was almost a higher from the heart. Bob Kraft said he respected him so much as a player, the way he was and is as a person. But it just didn't rest and they needed, i think, to reach back in that that Belichick era. If they could find someone that could transplant the best parts of what Bill coached with those winning teams, but maybe have an updated, you know, two point three point zero version of what that could look like now. And they found it in the perfect you know, Mike Vrabel, who had the nice one at Tennessee, had success, and then I got a little crossways with the new ownership and was let go. And he has said that in his year between head coaching jobs, he was at Cleveland in a nondescript office down in the bowels of that stadium. You know what he learned as he assessed what had happened, took the best parts of it, tried to improve in the areas that he didn't, talking to a lot of people he needed to kind of polish off, which he's done, and then given a chance with the guy that believed in him not only as a player, but now what he was as a coach and a man. They had matured into this portion of his life and it was a perfect hire. And the Patriots had hundreds of millions of dollars of free agent money to spend out there and reassign guys. They had go out in the open market and get guys off the street and build a team, and together as an organization, which they had always been as the front office worked in lockstep with the coaching staff, that same philosophy held true to build the kind of team they are now. Listen, they were a team that was lucky enough to get the worst schedule in the league, easiest schedule in the league, but they took advantage of it, and there's no denying what they've done in the playoffs. The quarterback has not played great, but the defense has played lights out, and at this time of year, you want to hang your hat on defense and hope the other parts can do their job. And that's kind of what New England has done. Whereas Seattle has come in with this quarterback with one of the more compelling stories we've had at that position in a very long time. And the thing that has always kind of nailed him, as you well know, have been the turnovers. It followed him from sc to the NFL, the disappointing start with the Jets being benched in Carolina and then saying to himself, Hey, you know what, I've got to take control of this narrative, and he did. He signed for less money, but as a backup quarterback in San Francisco. Kyle Shanahan and that terrific offensive scheme really, you know, struck a tone with him. He grew to relove the game, He kind of got his football mode. Joe back carried that on to Kevin O'Connell up in Minnesota with a great supporting cast, offensive minded coach, and then the finished product is what we're seeing in Seattle. Now, we had a trough this year where he had multiple turnovers, and he's turned it over as much as any quarterback in the NFL, but they've not been as pivotal a turnovers as we've seen. Just mentioned, turnovers can be the thing that can change a big game like the Super Bowl. So you go in thinking, can all of that experience, good and bad lead to the kind of performance to win them a Super Bowl and Seattle again, because Darnold clearly will have his fingerprints on this game.
Speaker 3: Well, we'll have a winning broadcast because we've got Kevin Harlan on the call Sunday at three thirty pm kickoff Patriots Seahawks super Bowl sixty.
Speaker 1: He could be eating a crab cake at Sculma's right now with you know, the family of George Seafort or something, and he said, no, I'm gonna work.
Speaker 3: I'm calling Warrior Sons on Amazon Prime tonight because I'm a working man.
Speaker 1: That's what he does.
Speaker 3: He works, and we love it.
Speaker 2: And with with no Curry and no Devin Booker, so we gotta make we gotta make chicken salad tonight. Than God, we are.
Speaker 1: Gonna chicken sound and when he signs off, he's gonna say, we did our best with that. It's right. We can only do what we can with what we're giving guys, what we can only.
Speaker 2: Do we can You guys know, you guys know exactly what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yes, we do.
Speaker 3: Yes, thanks so much. You have a great call. We're on for four hours a day. Yeah, we met chicken sale it every day. We're time eaters. Kevin harlet everybody eat up, eat up.
Speaker 1: Thank you. Kevin. There he goes.
Speaker 3: You'll hear him on the call on Sunday right here. Check out Amazon Prime tonight as he makes chicken salad. I always appreciate Kevin. Harlan comes on every year when he does the Super Bowl and is always a fun conversation.
Speaker 1: We're chicken effing Coming up next, Southern California's most listened to sports talk show This Money on Demand.
Speaker 3: That's RUW Some Money and five seventy only sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Remember today we are giving away the food of Palooza, Great Greek Mediterranean grill one hundred dollars gift card. Food to Palooza continues tomorrow bjays one hundred dollars gift card will be given away. So even though we already gave away the great Greek Mediterranean grill, tomorrow another chance for one hundred bucks from BJ's restaurant, improf House.
Speaker 1: All right, Matt, a disturbing story already coming out of Italy for the Winter Olympics. This is from the New York Times. From the athletic reports are surfacing that the ski jumpers are cheating by injecting the male ski jumpers right by injecting their penises with high highlauronic hyaluronic acid. They're injecting their PENI.
Speaker 3: Now, I know they have to get a body scan for the aerodynamics because the drag and what they have the suits, and what it compresses and what it doesn't. So this must be some sort of the WATA.
Speaker 1: The World Anti Doping Agency vowed to investigate.
Speaker 3: Now, what does it do to the penis?
Speaker 1: That's what Matt is saying, Like, why why are these men injecting their penie with acid to ski jump? What does it have to do with ski jumping? Well, it's filler, so it makes your poots so bigger. Wouldn't that create more drag? That's what you want. You want your suit to be bigger. If your suit's bigger and they fit your suit, it holds you up. If exale like a flying squirrel like Don McClane, the flying skink squirrel. If your puzzo so big, lying squirrel, they have to fit your suit around you, and they check your suit. It's very specific, like blying squirrel, like the f one. They fit your suit around you. If you putso stick it out so far, they.
Speaker 3: Can't they fit that suit. And then your putso shrink.
Speaker 1: And now you now you drag you can fly through the air, all because you made your penis huge, much like the lips of Kylie Jenner or something, by injecting it with acid, which is.
Speaker 3: It's the crotch scene that is the path the cheating and success in ski jumping the seam of the crotch. So if you have to make it larger because your puzzo.
Speaker 1: So good, I don't know how they're gonna report this on NBC. Right, the penile injections that are causing big trouble in Italy at the Olympics.
Speaker 3: Is it a lucrad enough sport? Are the endorsements so stacked so high that you're willing to put a needle in your poots and in larger.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt, I mean here like a blimpy sub in the States, I don't know, but if you're in Finland or something like that, all three inches on your puzzo means three more inches in the ski jump means gold medal. You're now on the box, a Weenie's box in Finland, it seems like it would be now. I don't know if it affects your boots a long term, if there's some kind of sensational or then it becomes flaccid forever or anything like that. What if it's like the look? I mean, you know, it used to be really extreme when I was a young guy and they were testing for drugs and steroids and stuff, and the guys, as was shown in the movie The Program, the guys would do the oil change where they put a catheter in you and take the hot pee out and put somebody else's pee in and you basically pee somebody else's clean p That's a pretty extreme deal, sure, So, I mean, we haven't even had the opening ceremonies yet. Tarico hasn't even brought his sausagey fingers to the table, and now we have penile injections for ski.
Speaker 3: Jumping ironic acid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I guess it's the same stuff. They used a lot of these. It is a filler. It's one of these things.
Speaker 3: That the body has accepted as filler. Chicks with their weird lips and all that sort of stuff. You just put it in your poots. I want to see it.
Speaker 1: This was originally reported by a German newspaper, Bild Build reported the bizarre accusation. Multiple people were previously banned from competing after it was revealed they adjusted their suits around the crotch to provide extra fit for their filled up. The scheme makes the suits larger, reducing the rate at which they descend. So for every two centimeters in suit size circumference, there's a four percent reduction in drag, increasing lyft by five percent. So that's a lot of cheating for your big How did you do it? How did you improve your jump parachute poots. In response to the report, the WADA, the World Anti Doping Agency, president Witthold Banca said, I'm going to look at it, okay, Already riveting stories from the Winter Olympics and we haven't even started. That's how we roll. We'll be right back with more great sports talk on am I seventy l a Sports, your home of the Dodgers, Dodger Talk at seven