Speaker 1: I saw something interesting that was on the news this morning. I can't find the story. See if you can find this one, because I wonder if any of us could pull this off. But I saw on Good Morning America they I just saw the last part of a story about people who are doing I think it's twelve day or fourteen day digital detox, where there were they're doing a stay away from their phones and not being on their phone at all, not doing social media, logging off for I think it's two weeks. I can do social media, but you got to have your phone. They're staying off of it and they're fine. They actually did a study with it, and they said they had all these people that were on there that did to study, and they all said that they felt happier okay, and away from their slves.
Speaker 2: So it's so funny.
Speaker 3: I just read something over the weekend, and it couldn't have been the same thing, because it was like digital detoxes are great for the time you're doing them, but they don't actually do anything in the long run, really like you still you come back to them, however many days later, twelve days later, and it's like all the anxiety, all the comparison, all the things just filter right back.
Speaker 1: In, so you don't find yourself then looking in at that's how you were watching it.
Speaker 2: Maybe differently, maybe in the short term, because I think that has its own level of benefit, though I agree.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying I think people do like a detox and think, oh, it's going to change my life to life changing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because the once when I was trying to look for that story about the digital detox, they said that from a study that they did of a bunch of college kids that digitally detoxed, they found that majority of them cut down on their phone usage after they came back from their digital detox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they said it's like a crash diet. So like, yeah, in the short term, it's great for you. But instead of doing like a total detox, you're supposed to say, like, Okay, I'm going to put restrictions on you know how long I'm on TikTok. I'm going to set a timer for thirty minutes, and once that's done, I'm done for the day. Like to try to just manage your it's like change them a little bit by a little bit. Have you guys seen this brick? Have you guys seen the brick. Some of my friends have the brick. No, it's something, No, look it up, Google it. It's a device that you put in another room and.
Speaker 4: B R I C or b r I. Oh the brick here it is the brick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's b R I a few of my friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And basically, you can have your phone with you, but you like lock up certain apps on your phone so that you don't you are not even tempted. Well, even if you're tempted, you can't get in so so, but you're not getting like you're not getting rid of Instagram, you're not getting rid of snapchatter, TikTok.
Speaker 2: It's you brick it.
Speaker 1: So it's kind of like having something that will digitally just shut it off if you're here, it is right here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, take brick your time.
Speaker 4: Yeah that is that is kind of cool.
Speaker 1: I know what is if you don't have self control, I'm gonna buy two bricks.
Speaker 5: Some going to give one to Kevin. I don't need a break, brick you. I don't need to break at all. I'm comfortable with where I am now. I did have, like they say, it's a mental and emotional rollercoaster when you're scrolling. One minute, you can be extremely high. The next second, you can be jealous, the next secting, you can feel inferior. And I've done a social media detox before and it felt amazing. I'm not in a place right now where I feel balked down or worried or changed by what I what I'm consuming, but I highly encourage people.
Speaker 4: To do absolutely. What do you spend the most of your time? Twitter? Twitter?
Speaker 5: Twitter is my favorite everything.
Speaker 1: On minus Instagram, So it's Instagram reels and I find myself watching, you know, endless of them and seeing what everybody's posting.
Speaker 4: And all that stuff.
Speaker 1: I I would say TikTok is probably my wife Chelsea's. I mean, she is on TikTok a lot, so she's doing that. You gotta get on Twitter, bro. I am on Twitter. I do Twitter a lot too, But I do Twitter when I'm looking up something specific, like if I see her hair something, I'll go. Twitter is my go to to find the either clip or the full story or the details. But I don't just sit there and randomly go through Twitter, because every now and again I'll randomly go through Twitter and end up on a nipple and.
Speaker 5: I gotta be really care just kids out. Twitter is full of those, it is. I never even realized it. Twitter is his own corn site. Yeah, oh gosh, what Lydia and bionco. What are you guys on? What's your your majority stuff? And actually Lydia could speak for this. Remember she did that retreat you you were digitally detoxed.
Speaker 6: I love Instagram. That was so hard. That was the hardest thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think that it has helped you cut down on your time on Instagram since you got back.
Speaker 6: No, I think it's made it worse. I don't know what it is. I feel like I have fomo if I'm not on it. It's the weirdest thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you feel like you're missing.
Speaker 6: So when you're single, you look forward to the cute guys looking at your stories. You know.
Speaker 1: Do you ever find your helf posting something and then going and looking at who saw it, like your you're upsets?
Speaker 6: Yep, Only if it's a cute guy that, like I have just recently followed me.
Speaker 1: Does it bother you if somebody that's close to you or some guy that you're talking to doesn't actually hurt it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Yeah, we've been talking about that today. I'm like, there's this cute guy. There's a cute guy we were talking about that we met a couple of weeks ago. Liked all my stories. I was liking all his back then he stopped liking my story, so I stopped liking.
Speaker 2: So Bibi, if you're listening, start pulling a move on Lydia.
Speaker 3: Wait, is this the one from the the Chamber of Commerce center.
Speaker 4: He's ghosting or he's gone silent ghost.
Speaker 6: We haven't talked. He's either a player or is into Lydia and he's scared to make a move.
Speaker 2: I would like it.
Speaker 4: Or maybe he's not on social media maybe.
Speaker 2: For a while.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think you're reading too much into this thing. That's the thing. I think this is the thing why people need to do a digital detox is because it drives you mentally crazy. Not based on just what you see, what you don't see, Like, what you don't see gets you more crazy.
Speaker 5: Can I shout out somebody as detoxy? Shut our listener? Courtney two years sober.
Speaker 3: From social media alcohol. Oh sorry, we were talking.
Speaker 2: About social media.
Speaker 6: That's why I went there.
Speaker 2: But that's amazing.
Speaker 5: Don't know Lydia and you just you don't. You'll never reach out to a guy, right Lydia, I would.
Speaker 6: Love to, Like I've thought about it, especially after I've had a couple of drinks. I'm like, I'm thinking about this guy's super cute. Maybe I'll d M him. But then it's like if I'm posting stuff and you've stopped liking my stories, I feel like that means you're not interested because you haven't DMed me like that to pursue me.
Speaker 5: What if your husband is one message away, like your simple h I could like start a whole life.
Speaker 6: What if his wife is one message away?
Speaker 4: Why I know, I know, but like.
Speaker 6: I just think that, like he could do that.
Speaker 4: He could, I think, and to take the initiative.
Speaker 6: But what if I do that and he's like, yeah, I'm talking to somebody that the rejection gets me.
Speaker 4: It's making me sweat.
Speaker 1: By the way, I just bought four bricks and I'm giving him all of you guys because you guys all need to stop this and this thing is genius, this bricks thing study.
Speaker 2: I don't have one, but I keep hearing people talk about it.
Speaker 5: I think sometimes in relationships, right you know, like men, we are yes, we're leaders, like there will be times in a relationship where your wife will lead, where your girlfriend will lead. Maybe you won't have you know, the mindset, or whatever the case is, and your wife will have to lead. I think there's no reason why you can't just say hi at the beginning of it, knowing damn will you're gonna have to lead later in a relationship at some point anyway, Like, don't just immediately write the guy off now because he won't reach out to you first.
Speaker 6: Just say you're not writing him off. If he were to DM me right now, I'd probably respond before he hit son.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm saying right off, Like, if he doesn't, he's just not gonna talk to him anymore.
Speaker 4: Maybe not.
Speaker 1: Have you ever thought of reaching out to him and saying, hey, what's going on. We haven't talked in a couple of weeks. Let's you know, let's go out and grab coffee.
Speaker 6: No, I'm too scared.
Speaker 2: No, I'm telling her, I'm scared. What are you scared it?
Speaker 6: The only way me and Bryce started talking was because he didn't DM me after a month of seeing him, so I did, and not.
Speaker 4: Look at us, go do it.
Speaker 6: I've been known to day below my means so I'm like, what if he's like, yeah, she's actually not all that.
Speaker 2: No, this guy's not below her trust. No, I don't think. Wait, she dates I date below my means, but she dates.
Speaker 1: Guys that she thinks are guarantees.
Speaker 2: I thought you were.
Speaker 1: Can I say something to you, Lydia, Lydia, if you don't, if you don't take your shot, you know, I don't know if you know this. You got one shot, one opportunity.
Speaker 6: Would you capture it or just let it?
Speaker 4: Exactly?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Can I? Can I be honest with you, Lydia?
Speaker 1: You spend more time I'm freaking out about the guy not actually liking your posts then picking up the phone and finding out the answer and moving on.
Speaker 4: And I think it would be better for you to.
Speaker 2: Give me your phone. Come here right now, give me your phone.
Speaker 6: You should be and figure out for hers.
Speaker 2: Do not let that happen. No, it is you.
Speaker 4: Got to call him Friday.
Speaker 2: What if I see him Friday?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I'll said you guys will be great.
Speaker 2: Please don't do going to do it.
Speaker 1: I think that Lydia saying two things on this makes me bummed out to hear this, because I think Lydia's got great confidence, and it bums me out that she allows a guy to give her not the confidence that she I think has. And that is dating below yourself is kind of you know a lot. Yeah, you got to stop that, and you gotta also ask for what you want.
Speaker 4: Like, think about this. And this goes with a lot of things.
Speaker 1: Goes with work opportunities, goes with relationship opportunities where if you're just wanting to settle for it, you're just gonna get you know, people are gonna be like, oh good, you know she's happy everything. She's content with the way that I am treating or not treating you. So I think you got to say something.
Speaker 6: I'll pray about it.
Speaker 1: With that said, I never asked the hot girls out in school. I regret every minute of it.
Speaker 4: Yea.
Speaker 3: And that's why your advice is good because then you found out later that the hot girl had a crush on you.
Speaker 5: The hot girl actually said that she would have gone to a dance. I asked a girl out, and I'm bringing her to our hour party.
Speaker 4: Oh you are?
Speaker 3: Is this the girl with the booby out when you were kissing her in the parking lot?
Speaker 6: No, why did I see?
Speaker 1: Is she somebody that's like out of your league or no, potentially really.
Speaker 2: You're bringing her around us, Yeah, for
Speaker 1: Sure, she'd be all right, good song, Okay lady here, let's see what happens.