Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio. While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 2: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas, terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 2: And Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction. Got that right? What's cracking everybody? Petros said Money Happy to be with you on AM five seventy LA Sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio. It is your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Will there be Dodger action today? How much hot stove started? Team? All right? Will stove a little sort of fitting? It's pretty cold and rainy outside. Oh okay, huh, we'll get the college football whip in this hour. We're only on for two and a half hours. This afternoon, it's Clippers at Mavericks pre game at four thirty, tip off at five thirty on am FI seventy LA Sports. And tomorrow we've got college football doubleheader here on am FI seventy LA Sports. First one is at twelve thirty Oklahoma versus Alabama kates with pre half am posts. Then at four point thirty, Number ten, who's made it a turnaround, almost lost to Kentucky Texas. Of course they did lose at Florida and USF went to Florida and beat them the very next anyway. Versus Georgia Texas versus Georgia Number ten versus number five. Matt Maney Smith is not here. Chargers at Jacksonville Jaguars kickoff at ten am on KFI A M six forty. And not to be outdone, we also have our own special event that you are required to attend down in Orange County, down in the Sports Lodge's territory, we're crossing the Border uh OH live from one to three at BJ's Restaurant and Brue House at the Irvine Marketplace corner of Jamboree Road in Irvine Boulevard, Tustin adjacent. But right there at the marketplace, we've got Charger tickets Dodgers, We've got Clipper tickets.
Speaker 2: The silver and black tickets because.
Speaker 3: They're playing the Tim Kates. Also on the Raider game on Sunday Monday, Monday Night Longus the Cowboys. Oh no, wonder you're not coming to our event five to fifteen kickoff Compass Media though. Oh, you're gonna be riding around in your little scooter farting around here. I got enough of that scooter talk. By the way, Well, I'm sorry, do you not take an electric scooter? It's an electric scooter that I keep here at the stage. You take from Compass Media and back so you can double death. I mean it's like easily one or two hundred yards due southwest of our studios here at a five seventy the Compass You can't walk with that walking that, especially in the rain. Are you kidding me? I got the scooter charging right now. I'll be over there later on this afternoon for a college football game after the show is over. That's all hat and no cattle, dude. That's what they say in Fresno about that.
Speaker 2: Oh nay, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Do you want to play yourself some intro music and I'll do an intro for you, or do you just want to say.
Speaker 4: Hey shows, I'll see I have baseball.
Speaker 2: Everybody.
Speaker 3: Tim k Jim Kates is our co host today on your Southern California Toyota Dealers set Celeberty Microphone. Thanks for letting do it, Petros, I appreciate that. Yeah, Matt is in Jacksonville letting you do it. And mcclean's up in Spokane and giving Jonas a little time off. So well he does too much. Rogan and Rodney, that is the thing too. Yeah, then they're taking credit for the Challenge Anniversary likes me twentieth It's like, well I did the first eighteen. Are you guys really gonna do that? Have they called you to ask for like memories like I remember in twenty twelve and we know they don't want anything from me. I can't wait for Marios Thanksgiving high school football dead Day. I'm coming back one day. I'm coming back to the Challenge and I'm kicking nuts. Swap to the nuts. Swap Well, have a college football whipp around coming up in the next second and in our second hour, Kates and I will talk to Alan slee Wah, who is our NBA information guy. He does a great job the Hoops Talk podcast and all that stuff. So we will talk to slee Waw. But yes, it is a frog Man Friday from Okay Park now here the Sailor's Pride Frogmen smell the seas from man and feel the sky. Frogmen on a frog Man Friday. The Pettersen Money Show embraces the seed, specifically the Pacific Ocean, and we embrace those that protect us from it's death clutch. Especially at daylight today with all the rain at the rivers, Coast Guard, Harbor Patrol. We got all the hobos floating down the La River. Lifeguards stay out of the river. Swift water move swift. The Navy. We respect the Navy. We also respect the great Lloyd Bridges who played Mike Nelson and the greatest television show ever see Hich Time.
Speaker 5: I couldn't take the topside, not to what job was done, I said. I gave him some of my and prayed that it would stall off the effects of oxygen poisoning for a few minutes at least. I don't know how Peat managed to keep going. But he did get every excuse in the world to quickly save his life, and he stayed on a.
Speaker 3: Job a lot of man And now, oh gotta keep it going. Baseball season is not quite old.
Speaker 4: Over thirteen five Todd n Nuts. We still got to take that Florida man.
Speaker 3: You know what that's like these days.
Speaker 4: You got the Navy everywhere, you got frogmen, you got the EC twos with the satellite tracking, you got the bell two nine of salt choppers up the ass. We're losing one out of every nine loads. That's no dunk walk anymore. Let me tell you, forget about money. What do you suggest that's reasonable?
Speaker 3: Well, it's not really reasonable. I mean, the baseball season is over. The hot stove is starting though, all right, but still see Lamb Sheila Beata roll nothingre hire there, liar, liar, liar, liar, tire dore dire.
Speaker 2: We can't do this next week.
Speaker 3: I mean, you can do whatever you want, but I mean that's not gonna want to that's getting sad. You know, it's over, Like I get it. You want to go on Twitter and make fun of Ernie Clement cool. You want to go on Twitter and fight with Canadians. That's fine. I was on TV last night talking about Dodger baseball. Well, I guess in hotstole free agency. Yeah, the catman's gone, Tony Gonsolin. I'm just saying on our show, how much longer can we lean on the Dodger thing. That's not why we're cool. We're cool because we're going to BJ's restaurant in brew House and Irvine at the marketplace. Did the mayor ever call you back? No, I'm full disclosure. I've not emailed the mayor yet. Whoa you lied? You lie? Am? I supposed to really email the mayor? No? I don't think so, Like I don't, Matt said, email the mayor. But it's only a two hour show. We don't need the mayor. We're gonna have a whole want the mayor, the eighty year old mayor of Irvine. I mean, you're again, you're kind of you're asking for a placlamation. You're asked the concierges off air, ask him should we put that eighty year old mayor of her? But we had big success now two weeks two weeks ago, last week we had the mayor of critos On who used to Frank Yokoyama, who used to come on all the time when he was a city council guy, and now he's the mayor and we got a city proclamation out of it. So it's not like the first local politician we've ever talked to. But to make our BJ shows, and every BJ's is the same, whether you're in Columbia, Missouri, or here, every BJ's is the same. So a way to make it germane to the area and hyper local is to bring on a local politician who talks about like pet spading and neutering and things like that, like outdoor vendors. Yeah, that was a big talk, Like Franka, we will not let these vendors out there brick. Yeah, this is unfair to the businesses. You know that kind of stuff. So now that you know our background, now would you say, let's put on the eighty the eighty year old mayor of Irvine. Still no, Well, Kates, I guess has the same. But you know, if Mat as this in Jacksonville, if somebody tells Matt, hey, Kate's never even texted that guy, that's gonna be a bad look. I'll reach out. You said you did, I did? I lied you said you caught me in a lie. All right, you caught me in a lie. You said you talked to him. I never said I talked to him. I said I reached out. You said you try. This guy has run for president in the past of the United States. Yes, he wants our freaking See, here's the problem. The mayor ci Rito's brought the proclamation. It was his idea. You guys knew nothing about this. I knew nothing about this. He texted me, what are your shirt sizes? That's all I got out of Frank. Now you want the mayor of Irvine to kind of like nudge him a little bit, Hey bring a proclamation out to these guys. That's a little weird, Like, Hey, Sorito's did not Mayer, Can you do it for them? Now? I'm just saying we're gonna get all We're not gonna get any of the proclamations that we don't ask for. Do you think Vince Scully and his suite that's got fifty proclamations, you think he went around said I like to have one of those. I like that Hawaiian guy down he shout out to you. No, they gave him to him. They came to him and bowed down. I get it, but unless we you're putting me in a weird spot. I'm not saying we need a proclamation. I'm just saying we're not going to get any proclamation if we're not involved with any mayors, is all I'm saying. I get this email all the time. You know you're not going to meet any prostitutes unless you go over to the whorehouse. I get this email all the time, Petros. You know what I'm saying. The Rams are hosting the Seahawks this week, and this is an example. I didn't get one this week, but let's say whoever the teams are hosting it locally. I get an email, Hey, this is a Buck Bryant and I'm with a w r r R radio and U r r R I cover the Buffalo Bills and I'm just letting you know I'm available if you'd like to have me on to talk about the bills last week. Come on, they're behind Enemy Live. I need to reach out to you bill a w R. It makes us slip back. Don't reach out to me, sir. If we're king myself, like, hey, mayor, come on out and uh you know, we sure would love a proclamation. You know that's that's a bad luck. But here's a bio by the way, if you don't know the guys, here's a little bio from out. You can write a little something up and chant in the bio. You could say, Petros some money were extremely excited last week when they received a city signed proclamation from the mayor of Soritos. Yeah, you're I could go on chat GPT, which I love now, by the way, and I can write a proclamation up for you and I just every week wherever you guys are going, because this is gonna happen now for a few weeks. I'll just send it out. Hey, they're coming to your city. When this looked nice on a proclamation, Yeah, you're right. That makes us loop bootleg, That makes us look bushly. That's something the Lodge would Some of us are afraid, No, I don't know. Some of us are afraid to ask for things. Others are very very apt to ask. Oh yeah, and we have a very difference. We have a very different philosophy when it comes to that. So I understand why you didn't reach out. So what's the old Depeche Mode song? Grabbling hands, the grabbing hands, grab all they can all for themselves. After after all, fair enough, well you could grab onto the college football whip and picks. Coming up in the very next segment, Petro said, money continues on a sports we are your home of Dodger Baseball. That cats is really trying to keep going. You see me on sports and yeah, I saw you. It was me and DV who took over TV radio takeover. Did they say that, No, they did last time. I was hoping they'd do it. They have a graphic of like you guys talking back and forth on like CBS or No. Last time we were on though, we did like a whole back and forth radio takeover. What are the favorite callers? What's the best worst caller? That kind of thing. Didn't getty of that. It was all, oh, TONI m VP. He out shafts shined your radio takeover. That sounded this oawny guy might catch on. That's I'm tired of it. It might catch on you kissing your dog right in front of your wife? Catch on? Oh tawny fatigue? Has that reached the apostle town fatigue? What's he gonna do with the off season? Go on Dancing with the Stars. He's gone, it's over. You're not gonna come back till the spring. I like to see him on the Mass Singer. Actually, that'd be kind of cool if you were doing that instead. Would they pull that thing off and the girl, Oh my god, Totani. Here's a smiling Otani face like, oh hello, I'm Joelton. All right, we'll return with the college football Whip Around. Hi.
Speaker 2: My name is Joe HALTONI.
Speaker 3: Remember We're on All the Way till four thirty tonight. Petro Some Money A five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 3: Welcome back everybody, Petros and Money. But is it really Petro Some Money? Well, Matt's not here because the Chargers are in Jacksonville on Sunday kickoff at ten on KFI Tonight. We're on early because it's Clippers versus Mavericks. Pregame at four point thirty, so we're gonna lead jep to that and we got You know, that's that deflates people. I think I gets them in the mood because they go in thinking, Okay, they've already lost what like thirteen in a row, whatever it is, six in a row, so the expectations are really low for Clipper fans and basketball fayers. So you think it's setting them up to win. Yeah, I mean, don't sit your bar too hot. And I saw they were beating Denver the other night. I was like, they're gonna win. And then I looked at the morning and I saw the Djoki had fifty five points and they lost, and I was like, oh my god, Well, you saw the game plan from Tylo was let him get its points and don't let anybody else beat you. Unfortunately, they let the Joker go for fifty five in the loss. You could podcast our show and the awesome stats that we have, like Joker getting fifty five. Then yeah, I said it just earlier, just one second before. You can podcast it on the iHeartRadio app for your smartphone. As we are a gigantic media company, and the iHeartRadio app is free and you can access the show live or on podcast whenever you want, so that's something to look forward to. You know what's cool is I've not gotten any complaints about the podcast in a while. That is good. I feel like it's Monsters inc. You know, every once in a while somebody gets a commercial interrupts that what they're listening to or something, and then they get really mad they called. You know, I was right in the middle of this in the commercial cable. I'm sorry, thirty second commercial is going to interrupt hearing the college football whip around. Wow, that's a great idea. Let's do that. Last Friday night at the Coliseum, USC's deceptive swapping of the jerseys and selective roster juggling went unnoticed and unpenalized by the referees. It happened while I was calling the U c F Houston game in Orlando, not the owners meetings. Were you guys buzzing about it? Like her Street was in his booth watching the Indiana game, and they filmed themselves watching the other game on a monitor reacting to it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, you see that cab.
Speaker 3: I do not have that. We don't even Yeah, herbing his dog, just watching the game together. It happened while I was doing that game and my first thought was that USC was going to beat Northwestern anyway, why not save the trick play like you've been saving it for Oregon or the UCLA rivalry game. And then flying back to LA to the next morning, I caught up on exactly how they executed the fake putt and the postgame quotes. A text I received said, Lincoln Riley is making us East Carolina.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, this bush league move.
Speaker 3: And our Fox Rules expert friends, Dean Blandino, who came on on Monday and Mike Pereira, said it was a penalty that the refs missed. She would tear McCauley from NBC did over the week. He said, enough, I'm not answering this question anymore. It should have been a penalty. I'm not answering it anymore. By USC's standards, even this was creepy. By Monday night, the USC underhanded storyline was smothered by the news that UCLA was trying to get out of the final twenty years of its Rose Bowl lease and leave for SOFI. Next season covered this in detail, as you know, Tim in September, Next Stop Inglewood, Kinglewood, Next Stop UCLA was trying twelve thousand fans per game at the Rose Bull SOFI Stadium will not solve UCLA's problems. Sir, I guarantee the UCLA Crisis Management PR team will write a press release about students being provided shuttle buses to and from Sofi. Next stop Inglewood, Next stop, Inglewood Prairie. But the students need to be able to walk to the stadium. That's the college experience. You even have that at usc not shuttle buses seven times a season. No, the Sulfide deal stinks of some high level cronyism, kick backs and back scratching. And sure it's a better deal than they have at the Rose Bowl, but what does that mean. This will be a very fun story to follow over the next several months now. Last week times were hard on the picks. They dipped to two and five. My overall record dropped to thirty five and thirty two for the season. Yeah, you stole over five hundred Yeah, well, yeah, that's what you said last time. My two winners were Alabama winning and covering against LSU. Plus I had West Virginia minus six and a half. They beat Colorado twenty nine to twenty two. Everybody beats Colorado now yeah, So that's like a gimme my other five picks all lost, so we need a bounce back week. So without further ado, let's go to this this week's picks and the college football whip Wow. Friday, Minnesota six and three at Oregon nine to one, six o'clock on Fox. The Ducks are favored by twenty four and a half point. The heavily criticized Iowa offense was up to the task. Last week. Oregon had led the whole game. It led fifteen to ten with under nine minutes to play. The Oregon defense allowed a ninety three yard touchdown drive that lasted almost seven minutes. Tim Lester, the new offensive coordinator, is a guy that I like. At Iowa last week, the Ducks offense bailed out the defense by replying with a wet and wild game winning field goal drive. Keep in mind the Ducks defense also crumbled late versus Indiana this season their playoff spot of weights. If the Ducks can win out, temperatures will be in the forties with rain on Friday night. I've got Oregon minus twenty four and a half over Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Flat.
Speaker 3: Little nugget for you, by the way, row the boat Minnesota six and zero at home, zero to four on the road this year. But Friday night games they've got a four game winning streak when they play. How about that DJ Flack Saturday. That's a good nugget case. Wisconsin three and six at Indiana, number two ten and oh Wisconsin coming off a big win against Washington. That's right at what Camp Randle nine am On the Big Ten Network, Hoosiers are favored by twenty nine and a half. What a comeback by the Hoosiers last week with happy Valley Rock and Fernando Mendoza met his Heisman moment with a pair of incredible throws and equally incredible catches to beat Ben State. Now they face a downtron Wisconsin team that beat you dub last week. But Luke Fickle is the Willie Lowman of FBS coaches. After that close call in State College, I expect to be in full of tack mode and leave no doubt against Wisconsin. I'm taking the Hoosiers minus twenty nine and a half.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wait a second. The first two games in the Big Ten you just talked about a twenty four point spread and now at twenty nine points spread.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: I mean it'll be close. It's the top versus the bottom this week in the Big ten. Well now we have how about this one though, number nine Notre Dames seven to two at number twenty two Pitt seven and two nine am on ABC Irish twelve and a half point favorites. Remember around January of twenty twenty two and a brand new USC coach, Lincoln Riley poached the Bolitnikoff Award winner Jordan Addison away from Pitt, and angry Pat and Nardoozy the pit coach threatened to come to LA and fight Lincoln Riley. Those are the good old days. Pitt has pieced together a solid ACC season with only one loss in conference. They're very much alive for the ACC title game birth in the playoffs spot they lost the backyard Brawl to West Virginia and everybody wrote them off. With two losses. Notre Dame is still playing on the edge and cannot afford to lose another game. But I'm taking Pitt at home plus twelve and a half. I watched Joel Klatt's podcast this week. I know why, I don't know, but I did, And Joel said Pat Marbozi told his players doesn't matter what happens in this game against Notre Dame, it's all about winning in the ACC and Divisional and control. Dame players that yeah, and Joel lost his mind, like what is we got one hundred yards, we got Sarde launch, We've got a hashmort this is a game, is it not? I watched it. That's interesting. I didn't know that Nardeuz was saying that kind of stuff. Oklahoma number eleven isn't this year game. It is seven and two at Alabama eight and one, twelve thirty on ABC at the time, Favored by six and a half. Last November, Alabama was eight and two with playoff hopes. That was the twenty third of November. They traveled to the Palace on the Prairie to face a five and five Oklahoma team, and what happened. What happened? The Sooners kneecapped Obama twenty four to three, and that loss is what kept the Tide out of the College Football playoff ooh redemption. It was tough last year, that was the story. A year later, Bama will not overlook the Sooners. The Tide is playing great football and quarterback Ty Simpson is playing his way into one of the Heisman finalist spots role tied. I've got Bama minus six and a half flat whack wha. I love that Ty Simpson kid didn't transfer, waited it out at Alabama behind Jalen Milroe, and now the guy could win the Heids when this feel good story to the NFL next year too. Number ten Texas seven and two at number five Georgia eight and one, four point thirty on ABC, we have this game on the station.
Speaker 2: Believe it.
Speaker 3: The Dogs are favored by six and a half. If Georgia wins this game, it's a lock for the playoffs. Perhaps the SEC title game. Texas wins, it would likely need to beat Texas A and M two weeks from now to make the playoff. Yeah, both teams need a little help. They do not control their own destiny to the SEC title games. The Dogs have been slow starters offensively all season. The Longhorns played with fire in October, narrowly avoiding defeats at Kentucky and in Starkville in back to back weeds. I think Georgia is stronger overall. Their only blemish is the three point loss to Bama. Texas has grown as the season went on, and I don't mind their opening loss to Ohio State. They did get their asses kicked in the swamp by a team that fired their coach weeks later. Oh who was also on campus on Tuesday with Kirby Smart at their practice, Billy Napier. Oh, he's just a friend of mine. Our dads go way back. Our daddy's were coaches and Georgia together. Uh yeah, but aren't you probably picking his brain out of how we beat Texas? Shame? Well, you know, he could probably make that call less publicly. Oh, our daddy's coached together. We know each other considered, I'm taking Texas plus six and a half flat.
Speaker 2: Flat.
Speaker 3: I also love the well arch almost went to Georgia. He went on a recruiting trip there a couple of years ago. So yeah, this is his first time back since that recruiting trip. Pick great, It's like, come on, guys, there's bigger story lines than that. UCLA's three and eight at number one Ohio State nine and zero four to thirty on NBC. The Buckeyes are favored by thirty one and a half. The three game October winning streak UCLA posted over Penn State, Michigan State, and Maryland is long gone. Since then, the Bruins lost by fifty to Indiana. It's close, and last week they fought hard only to lose twenty eight to twenty one to Nebraska without their quarterback. Sorry to say, this week's game in Columbus will look more like the Indiana game, which gives us time to ask out loud who should be the next UCLA coach. I believe Pat Fitzgerald would be the best hire. He understands the Big Ten better than anybody they could find. Following his awkward dismount from Northwestern, that whole mess got rectified, and as far as Saturday night at the Horseshoe, quarterback Julian sand has been nearly perfect all season, and this game will be no different. I've got the Buckeyes minus thirty one and a half. Wow half is Gerald Northwestern good academic school, not great? Nil sort of like the UCLA of the Midwest, right a little bit? I mean, he would certainly make the team tougher, I think, but there are parallels there. Although Northwestern is a private school. He's seen, Julian sayin playing a little bit this year, He's he's surrounded by so much talent, yet he's being talked about as a Heisman Trophy can. I don't know if I buy him. He distributes, that's all he does. Ken Dorsey at Miami great numbers, but he's not Ty Simpson, He's not Fromanda Mendoza number twenty one. I was six and three at number seventeen. USC seven to two, twelve thirty on the Big Ten Network, USC favored by six and a half. We've already gone over how USC intentionally misled Northwestern and intentionally misread, misled the referees, and intentionally misled the Fox production crew last week to pull off an illegal play. So we'll flip the script and talk about USC Iowa. The Hawkeyes played as well as they could against Oregon, but they couldn't protect a sixteen to fifteen lead in the final minute. So will Iowa be a deflated team into Coliseum like we are when we know the Clippers are coming up? Or will they come in even hungry. USC needs to beat Iowa, Oregon, and UCLA to make the College Football Playoff. None of those games are gimmes. I think USC has a significant talent advantage in this game, should be motivated to take the next step toward a playoff birth. I mean, who could cover mackay Lemon and Jacobe Lane. Nobody not for four quarters. I've got USC minus six and a half. Don't be surprised if USC sends on a punter dressed as a band uniform guy Mick Fleetwood running around out there.
Speaker 2: Quack.
Speaker 3: So USC just has to win out and they're going to the college football playoff. Yeah, because they'll be Top four or whatever in a Big ten.
Speaker 2: Quack.
Speaker 3: My weekly off the menu prop came up snake Eyes. Last week. We finally went through a college football weekend without a coach getting fired. But the Giants can Brian Dable, So maybe I'll take half credit this week's off the menu prop. I'm saying the aforementioned Ohio State quarterback Julian saying, well, compete complete eighty percent of his passes or high versus UCLA sounds about accurate. Through nine games. His completion percentage is an unthinkable eighty point nine percent. Just throw it to Jeremiah Smith. Let a run every few plays. That's what they do. So I oudly hitting the I five north in my Toyota Tacoma headed to Fresno to call Saturday's game between the Bulldogs hosting the Wyoming Cowboys at seven thirty on FS one. I offer Trent Russia ride. He'll be coming with me. Oh that's cute. I'm looking forward to visiting Fresno head coach Matt Entz, who's doing a good job in year one. I'm also pretty sure former Fresno coach Pat Hill and his mustache will be there in the press box as well. FLA, I do crack easy under pressure. Well, I kind of do. Make sure you stop by or take a picture of that new casino off the ninety nine. I will for you. That's all you talked about, yep, all day, my underdog Pitzer, Pittsburgh and Texas plus the points. The favorites this week are Oregon, Indiana, Alabama, Ohio State and Southern cow All minus the points. This fruit in mose Wagos. Everybody enjoy the game and we'll be right back with more Petros and money. A secret textilso roadyo, a round up, some rear action. We'll talk to Alan Sleiewah in the next hour about the Lakers, and we are going all the way till four point thirty tonight on The petroser Money Show on AM five. Seventy LA Sports, your home of the Dodgers and tonight we got Clippers.
Speaker 2: Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and.
Speaker 3: Rodney, that one is my favorite, Dodger Talk.
Speaker 1: With David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all.
Speaker 3: And many more.
Speaker 1: Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Where's Matt? It's a great question. Matt money Smith right here today it's just Kates and I. He's on a plane, heying the Jacksonville, Florida as the Chargers get ready to take on the Jacksonville Jaguars. That, of course is on KFI AM six on Sunday at ten am. Pregame beginning bright and early at nine am. It's the Petros The Money Show, Petros Papadekas, No Matt money Smith. I am Tim Kaids here until four to three this afternoon. Then it's exciting Clippers basketball against the Dallas Mavericks. But more and poorly tomorrow a double hitter here on a FI seventy LA four beginning at noon, All hot graz saying this every segment because you're doing the game. Yes, pregame start to noon, kick off around twelve forty three, it'll be Oklahoma and Alabama from Tuscosa, Alabama, and then we'll have the second game of the double hitter right here on am FI seventy of four to thirty. Have you ever been at techl and Georgia. I've never been there. No, I've never been there either, have you? Okay, a few years ago, the wife and I were planning the trip. We're gonna see a high school game, a college game, and a pro game three consecutive days in Texas, Louisiana and then Alabama and then COVID hit and we didn't go. But that was our plan, was to go see three games in three days. High school game in time. That's not college game in Louisiana, and that's not your dream anymore. No, the dreams are way bigger than that Metrosa. I'm just trying to understand that dream. I think it's kind of a cool thing to go. Dude, a bucket listing, like, how would you choose which game? We were going to find? A high school game in Dallas. This was in November, and then we were going to go to an LSU game, I believe it was, and then we were going to go to a Titans game in Nashville. So that sounds like work, sounds like fun to me. You hate to travel, well, yeah, and I hate football games. I'm the right business there. You go, all right, let's get to it. You text us a fine brought to you by your so Cal Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Uh. There's a lot of gondola talk here. Oh, from the gondola story we did yesterday, and there's a little bit of a revive Wyoming football talk in here from the last couple of days. Well, the gondola story was the LACD council vote to twelve to one to tell metro board don't but it's still up to the metro, right, all right. And the other thing is the Wyoming football Matt Smith had an idea that we should convince Joey Buss, who recently, you know, had all his equity sold in the Lakers, so he's not in charge of anything anymore, but he really liked sports. Apparently, Joey Buss's father, doctor Buss, went to Wyoming Joey could give. He could become the t Boone Pickens or the Phil Knight for Wyoming football, and then somehow that would curry favor for Matt and I. I because it was our idea to connect the two like a finder's fee, and Matt would use that money to buy a special Petrosen money Del Taco to where we would do the show every day and make it like a fun sitcom Del Taco like. And I got to say that thing is fraught with brambles. I don't. I don't like the Wyoming idea. I mean a lot of holes in the story.
Speaker 1: For me.
Speaker 3: The Del Taco idea I can get on board. See, I don't want to like I grew up in a restauran. I don't want to grow up. You're not going to be making bean and I'm not well, I should be willing to. That's the thing. That's what you guys don't understand. That's why you guys suck. You guys don't get it. You don't know what it's like to work in a restaurant. If you have to, you're on your hands and knees scrubbing the floor. You were constantly trying to resuscitate that business. So if Michelle Mo doesn't show up as the fry cook or whatever, guess who's fry cooking us. Yeah, that's true. And it's like I'm fry cooking and I gotta do the whip around. I mean, come on, we just did the whip around. It was extensive. This says on the text OsO. I got stuck in the Dodger bus for almost an hour after Game three of the NLCS YEP finally got out and walked back to the Union station.
Speaker 2: Faster go gondola. I guess some.
Speaker 3: People are assuming the gondola is going to run without any kind of glitches. I mean, it's not like a ski lift or it's just moving constantly. It's not, I don't think so. I mean they gotta stop and let people off. It's not like a mover at disney World where you all right, you open quickly, get off real quick. No, it stops, people get on, people get off, next one goes. So you're stopping and starting hanging over somebody's house in Chinatown? Is that? Do we know that for a fact?
Speaker 2: House?
Speaker 3: Does a gondola work? You've been to Mammoth, You've been to tell you ride. Did it stop when you got off? Or do you have like a slow pace you gotta run real quick to get off of it. I think maybe it was that, but I don't quite remember. Okay, the only reason you need to oppose the gondola is Frank McCourt. Anything he touches is a disaster that we can all agree on. That's a valid point. Hey Pee, If that carpetbag or douche Frank McCort is involved, it's a note on the gondola. F that guy. I bet he sits in peace too. Okay, Well, wait a second. Do you want to pay seventy five bucks to park on his parking lot or do you want to take what I assume is going to be your free gondola. They're not going to charge, are they. It's free park. They're going to charge you to park at Union Station, but it probably be significantly less, right, It's not seventy five bucks, and then you risk your life on the gondola, and then you risk your life at Union Station. Well, this is about you and your cocaine use allegend, alleged cocaine use, which is not true. You were on TV last night and it says you could tell Case is on coke because he can't stop playing with his stumps on TV. This is true. What were you doing? I just was fiddling. I was filling with my thumbs. Why are you nervous? It was a yeah, nervous energy. I guess. I don't I don't know rhyme or reason. But I was sitting on the far end. That's not on right now. But David Vesse was sitting in the middle, and then Hardtong was sitting on the left. So I had to kind of fight to get my stuff in, you know, sitting on the end because Dave was right in the middle. Oh, you're like third base playing blackjack. Well, what do you mean you had to fight to get your stuff in? Well, day, not like they were ignoring you. Dave was turning his back to you. No, Dave looked at me once. I got a fist bump from Dave.
Speaker 1: Two.
Speaker 3: This is kind of cool. Well, Dave usually kind of tries to big time you when you're at spectrum. Oh, look as Zo on a trill. What time is it. You've never been on a trip before. Yeah, that kind of stuff, And he didn't do that last night. No, Dave was very respectful last night. It's a new Dave. You know he's being celebrated on talk show host. Yeah, he's got a Lizzie Olson shouting him out. He's feeling good about himself. He shut out Lizzie. He calls her Lizzie by the way. But every day Del Taco petros and money remote. I'm in Ollie lunch there every day. You won't live long. Half pound green and cheese burrito for ninety nine cents. Now it's like three bucks. But he used to be ninety nine cents. Spicy Jack Casadia, they don't even to have those on the menu anymore. Bring those back. If we get into Del Taco, we'll bring it back to Spicy Jack Casadia for three twenty nine. We're not taking over at Del Taco. I'm not working at a Del Taco. I'm not putting the show at a Deltaco. I don't want to do that. I don't want that to be my reward for hooking Joey Buss up with Wyoming football. This is the stupidest idea we've ever had. We get nuhing. Now we're assuming that somebody's gonna give us a ton of money to open a Del Taco just because we asked Joey Buss to give a ton of his money to Wyoming. And what says Wyoming's gonna let him be an influence? What does he know about college football? I could just see Matt sitting over Joey Bus at the table. No, just just make that out to Wyoming. No, trust me, it's gonna be great. They're gonna sell out your family, the Pokes collective. It's gonna be great. They're gonna celebrate your dad. Don't worry. This says, I'm encouraging the build up of Wyoming football. If you get involved, you could still keep your West Coast nautical lifestyle and occasionally travel the free and open air of Wyoming. You could take your hatchet and your knives, those things I do have. Get a flannel I could I have one, and boots and go along with your jean jacket. Swap the rake in the back of your Toyota for a snowshovel and you'll fit right in. It's a match made in heaven, and it makes for excellent radio fodder when you could play clips of the sons of the Pioneers. I do like that you're practically a mountain Man as it is Petro's philosophical introverted. All that's missing is the beard. This was a topic of discussion during one of the commercial breaks yesterday with Hard Tongue and a Vassa because Vassa said real riveting Wyoming football talk to start the show, and then Hartong said, what are you talking about? So I had to explain the backstory of what you're explaining right now and this whole story that Matt came up with. And Hartong said, you guys ever been there before? Nope, Laramie, laradise. He says, I've been there. He goes, you don't want to go there. It's desolate, it's cold, and it's always windy. He goes, you do not want to go. They said, if the wind stops blowing, everybody will fall over. So I guess Matt thinks for going to like Jackson Hole to hang out with Kanye West, that's what he thinks.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Petro's catching up with the podcast. Yesterday's show, you were talking about wanting more city proclamations. We got a city proclamation from Cerritos and it's a thing of beauty. You guys should come up here at Annelol Valley. We have bjs here and our political system is so messed up they might not just give you a proclamation, they might make you the mayor.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 3: I mean one of the current mayors was the guy that proposed giving fentanauled all the hoboes to take care of the homeless problem. Plus, I believe this is where you played one of your last high school football games. That's true. And we're destroyed by one of the local teams up here. I was eaten alive by Annelo Valley. Jermaine Lewis. Jermaine Lewis, Yeah, what better way to assuage the demons of failure in your past by becoming leader of the land of the dirt people. That's you know, that's as good of a that's as good of a text as I've gotten in a long time. Good place to stop. We'll be right back with more Petrosen money on Amhi seventy la Sports with your number words song of the day and then Alan Sliwa as we continue on Amphi seventy La Sports, your home of the Dodgers and tonight your home of riveting, mind bending clipper hoops action