Speaker 1: He just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 2: We just grabbed every key demogram.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super duper. That's nice fight a gondo guy. Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the fifteenth day of June twenty twenty sixth. Good morning, everybody, and welcome to the Power Trip Morning Show. And here we are on a Monday again and is halfway through June. My goodness's let's take advantage of the rest of the summer if we can. I know, I guess summer starts and you get my point. Oh well, I'm gonna shut it down. It's time for some comedy and to get this show started. We've got Ben Lieber on his way in and a cast tw thousands. Here is Tom Rhodes to make a giggle on a Monday morning, So come on in. Welcome to the Power Trip. I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: We need to spend less money on our military, in our space program, and put all of our money into soccer.
Speaker 2: I have traveled the world.
Speaker 4: Ladies and gentlemen, and the only way we're gonna break the hearts of the rest of the world is by beating them at the only thing they truly love in life. But if you're an American and you have ourd time enjoying soccer, here's a little tip for you to enjoy it. When a soccer matches on television, turn it down all the way down and put on the theme song to Benny Hill over and over, and then everybody running around amostly kind of makes a little bit more sense.
Speaker 3: Pair shops, operate the pump clips, I'm me the tires, oh wire you mattress in the time spears, show yourself, spot and so.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Monday, June fifteenth, power true morning, Joe, I'm Cory, that's Chris.
Speaker 1: That's all there's Zachary.
Speaker 2: Is it to day that the schedule changes for labor? So have you're at seven right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I'm pretty sure you are.
Speaker 2: So moving forward seven to nine instead of six thirty to eight thirty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give or take the board.
Speaker 2: Ben, we know what a couple of championships claimed over the weekend, neither won by the state of Minnesota.
Speaker 1: What no, the New.
Speaker 2: York Knicks and the Carolina Hurricanes. The caney Ax of the Carolina. Yeah, the cane axe. No slow extra to I mean that's very kind.
Speaker 3: Well, how sweet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's first Sweet and cole slaw is rabbit puke and you're wrong, like I know you do. I don't think it's set discuss, it's discuss. Stand to you though, it's rabbit. Yeah, it's just the mayo and it's us. It is what a rabbit would throw up into a sink and then get chopped up into a garbage disposal. But that's exact mind it says yes, yes, then yes. We're in Daluth on Friday too. One a week for the Power to a morning show standard week Monday through Friday, but we'll be in Duluth on Friday.
Speaker 1: That's open to the public. But I don't even know where we're broadcasting. Writ some hotel.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's right. It's like around like the how they end. It's like ride where the radio station is and there's a restaurant there and it's right on the on the block.
Speaker 1: I don't know the name of it. Do you know, Zacho? You know?
Speaker 3: I probably know in a minute.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't know. No, they don't email any of that stuff. They don't tell me what. I never know what's happening. Yeah, either way, it'll be great fun. Exact downtown casino. There's that one on the way, multiple.
Speaker 2: Opportunities to drive by in waves, yeah, correct, or a walk by in waves?
Speaker 3: What do you casinos?
Speaker 1: What do you want?
Speaker 6: All the above? Yeah, man, yeah, there's a few of them. Man, it'll be great.
Speaker 1: It likely will be great.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean doesn't mean you're gonna win money, but it will still be fun.
Speaker 3: I was hoping my I forgot about that guy going, what got that? I gotta load that in? Is that from I just reminded myself of that a moment. That's from Rudolphie Greenosdow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Great, great film. Yeah, yeah, one of the best. Yeah, it's so good.
Speaker 3: So let me ask you, uh you a question there meetsus Paul and mayor. Yes, sir, when I sent you the the text yestory of telling you not to watch that show, yeah was I was I datting you?
Speaker 1: No, you were not.
Speaker 6: But I appreciate it because that would have been something that we would have liked rolled by and then the preview would have started.
Speaker 3: Love those kind of shows. Yeah, right, absolutely, and it looked like something you would have liked a better correct.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the heads up. Of course.
Speaker 6: We were on our way to get some breakfast when you texted me.
Speaker 3: And I just go I texted you like at nine at night.
Speaker 1: No, no, maybe it wasn't. Maybe it was they and I out loud go, wow.
Speaker 6: Hawk doesn't want me to watch this maternal Instinct show or whatever. And then Kelly goes, well, I'll watch it, okay, and she did, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think it would be like, oh, he wants me not to watch it?
Speaker 1: Definitely she was no. No, after I what you told me.
Speaker 6: You gave me a very broad brush via text what it's about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's the craziest thing of it.
Speaker 6: But then is it got going? I I didn't watch anym but I could tell. My wife was like, what.
Speaker 3: Is this you? I just can't believe it. I've never seen that kind of crazy. And and the quick synopsis, Corey, we kind of told you about it on the way. But this lady is just in down Texas is just uh, she's out of her mind. And you know she's out of her mind. Right at the very beginning, you know it's going to go bad because right at the very beginning the beginning, she gets pulled over by a police officer for speeding, and the police officer comes up the window and she goes, I just had a baby, bait, and the police officer's like, okay, well be cool, and she's like, can you take me to the hospital. And the guys like, well, yeah, I got EMTs on the way, and you're like, well, why is it the police officer not springing into action. Well, the police officer not springing to action because every hospital in America has already been alerted that this woman is going to be on the lookout to steal a baby. And she obviously has not just had a baby. She's wearing pants, but she does have a baby in her life, and so you know it's going to be crazy, but it gets so crazy at the end of your like, here's the thing. I had to go online, Corey, because one of the poor things the documentary did not do. It did not a woman who's going to go that crazy, a person who's going to go that crazy as a human being, you need an explanation. You don't want to just think that that could happen, that the woman next door could go that nuts. So you need and they never give you an explanation of how she got there, of why if she had deformed in her brain, did something terrible happen to her? Did she go to war? You know?
Speaker 7: And it took an article written during the trial in Texas by a reporter who was in the court to finally tell u uh to finally understand.
Speaker 3: What the explanation could be. And the explanation could be that she's got damage her in her frontal cortex that makes makes making decisions like impossible, like like see the understanding the circumstances, Understanding the repercussions, that's the word I'm looking for, Understanding the repercussions of murdering somebody and saying that's probably not the thing you should do to cover a lie. You know, it's unbelieving. I still can't believe that I watched it. But I also can't believe there's people who will get the phone call the following phone call. How's this wide? Yes is Wade? Why the woman who says she's been pregnant for ten and a half months she had a hisstectomy so she can't possibly have a baby, Well, I don't believe what you're saying.
Speaker 2: How know you love about my wol But why can I ask a question?
Speaker 3: We lay parts out?
Speaker 2: You guys told me that on the elevator right up that this lady claimed to be pregnant for ten and a half months.
Speaker 3: And a half months Wade, she's nuts.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, she's.
Speaker 7: In death throw.
Speaker 1: That doesn't say a lot for Wade.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, I mean, not only does does Wade not understand the standard timeline? How did he not check? If you know what I mean? In ten and a half months.
Speaker 3: There was one moment and I need to go back and watch.
Speaker 1: Wait, it's not the brightest prob. And I didn't even see the documentary.
Speaker 3: I think it was just tacking Texan here. I can't give myself to stay because every time I say white, I have to sight like a ass.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: She ain't gotten the lady parts. But there was a part where the and I'm almost positive and right about this, I need to go back and watch this particular part where his best friend comes over because his best friend lives across the street and and his best friend has a wife, and the wife has been standing at the front window filming across the street. After Wade goes to work, and the woman who has been pregnant for ten and a half months is walking around with no pregnancy belly on because she ain't wearing it home, right, And so the guy calls Wade and he's like, white, white, she ain't pregnant, she ain't got her belly, look at it, picked her ear. The boy's like, don't talk about it, my woman.
Speaker 2: Look, yeah, you want to fight, and well that's wait an idiot.
Speaker 3: Wait, Wade's thinking the whole time.
Speaker 1: I think he's thinking.
Speaker 3: But then the guy goes like, like, when you have sex with her? Does she does? She have the money? And Wade goes something like, and I'm I could be wrong, but Wade says something like Wayne had sex in a year.
Speaker 1: Or something like that.
Speaker 3: You're like, what.
Speaker 1: And a half months?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Close?
Speaker 3: Close?
Speaker 1: Isn't yours? Or it's not a baby?
Speaker 3: Wade, I don't get it.
Speaker 8: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't you have to, man, I hate to see it because I don't. It's so disturbing and terrible. It's just I mean again, spoiler alert. The woman's on death row.
Speaker 6: Okay, she's the youngest woman in history to be on death row.
Speaker 3: And let me say this as somebody who's a crack baby liberal.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 3: That's how bad this woman is, right right.
Speaker 1: Right? I mean, yeah, she did terrible things Riley. She's not terrible. It needs to be removed from society.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can't just say okay, I mean you can't. I for me, I couldn't just say okay, well, this woman's obviously does I needed an explanation. There had to be more than just she made a wrong choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoops?
Speaker 3: Oh oh why why why? Here's the thing, she got no lighty parts. We jerked them out of. It was so bad, Corey that the doctor who did the hysterectomy was alerted because one of his nurses saw on Facebook that the lady was pregnant and was like, wait a minute. And the doctor's like, we got alert to everybody because this crazy woman's going to steal.
Speaker 2: This a baby.
Speaker 3: They did a pink alert. Did you ever hear of a pink alert?
Speaker 1: I have?
Speaker 3: It's sometimes what I have at night. Well, like Bie, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But a pink alert is a missing baby or a stolen baby.
Speaker 3: Be careful because there as an alert that somebody's out there trying to steal a baby. So they alerted all the hospitals that this woman was so crazy and they knew that she was.
Speaker 6: Wasn't there a part where they call the ladies doctor who gave her the hysterectomy, and the woman's like, I can't share with you because this hip bud. She she paused, I guess and just goes, i'd go with your inn She goes like this, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't tell you because the law won't allow it. But I'll just say she's crazy a lark.
Speaker 1: Reason it's a lark.
Speaker 3: Do you not want to go with your instincts? Shan'd gotten the lady parts live.
Speaker 2: By the way for the people that are curious. Look, today was the first time in a long time all three of us pulled into the parking lot at the exact same time. When was the last time the three of us walked in at the same time that.
Speaker 1: We ever had? It just never happened.
Speaker 2: We're always ten, fifteen, twenty minutes apart walking right, so it's like the Avengers. Unbelievably, we all pull in at the same time, so we're walking in together.
Speaker 1: I get out of.
Speaker 2: My car third and you two had already started talking about the documentary.
Speaker 1: And if anybody listening thinks this is a bit, it's not.
Speaker 2: Within the first three seconds of me trying to quote catch up to the conversation.
Speaker 1: You asked talk, but.
Speaker 2: You still would, right, So you guys were legitimately already discussing, but you would still bang her, right, she's still hot enough, and you go.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, she's crazy.
Speaker 2: So if anybody thinks that we don't do the pall your hands up bit. Basically twenty four hours a day, that was three seconds and to you guys trying to explain to me what this documentary was about, that was.
Speaker 3: By far the most important part of your documentary.
Speaker 5: Talk.
Speaker 6: Right when Hawk gets out of his car, right as Corey pulls up, I go, hey, Hawk, my wife watched that, and he goes, why.
Speaker 3: Again, I was heard.
Speaker 1: That fricking guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, that guy's an a hole man.
Speaker 3: It was one of the So I go to a sauna place called Perspire, and I love it because when you walk in and sit down, you can watch anything, and they have everything loaded in Netflix and Hulu and all this stuff sorty all you got to search through as you just sitting there sweating, and somebody before me had been watching it. I never would have watched it.
Speaker 1: Oh that's yeah, I guess I a song.
Speaker 3: I know, I know. So I started like I just really hit play because you know whatever, And she was already whoever was in front of me was already fifteen minutes into it, and I was like, what in the sweet hell is going on? So then I rewind at the beginning, and uh, yeah, man, I've been waiting all weekend to talk.
Speaker 1: To you guys.
Speaker 3: Holy Molly, what a world where that? And I don't know, like if you, if you, I can't imagine, Like if I don't know, just throw out a person's name, anybody that we know. Lady has a hysterectomy. We all know it. And then you see on Facebook that she's going around saying she's pregnant. How do you not do more than just say I don't think she's pregnant. But I don't know what else you could do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, poor Wade.
Speaker 3: I do feel bad for Wade, and I know it doesn't so like you should. But Wade, let's just say it. I ain't cool, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wade ain't cool.
Speaker 3: Wade's a lot like I was.
Speaker 1: He's not real quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he ain't real quick and ain't got a lot of.
Speaker 1: Option, but he supports his woman.
Speaker 3: He loved her kind of, but he never said he loved her. Because that's a big deal. Oh man, man, I don't know. It's weird. It's called maternal instinct. I'm encouraging you not to watch it, which is basically saying you're definitely gonna watch it because we've been talking about for ten fifteen minutes and it's it's intriguing, But you will walk around talking like a because you can't help it. Once you listen to him for a while, you realize I ain't much going on downstairs or upstairs. The hog they were going out of hogging and she was eight months pregnant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hogging. What does that mean?
Speaker 3: That means they're going catching wild pigs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there was fun for food for what? Yes, why do you go hoggin?
Speaker 3: Exactly?
Speaker 6: I think when you google this lady's name, one of the first thing that comes up is her husband, Wade Griffin, landowner and Hoggin.
Speaker 1: I think is what it says he liked hoggin? Is he world famous for Hoggen? I don't know. I just think that's what he was in doing.
Speaker 2: What if Wade is the best, like fairal pig hunter on the planet.
Speaker 1: That'd be cool. What if he's so focused.
Speaker 6: On that he doesn't realize women can't be pregnant'.
Speaker 1: That's my point is maybe he's just ultra focus.
Speaker 2: Maybe we're ripping him for being done, but he's just the most driven person to be the.
Speaker 1: Best at what he does. Well, I will say this, I'm betting. Didn't they have a gender reveal party?
Speaker 3: They had everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they had.
Speaker 3: She had a voice changing thing so that she would call the bike and.
Speaker 1: Go, hello, this is John Johnson.
Speaker 3: You gonna give his lady eight million dollars because she's likely to be getting herself and in herons here and the banks were like, well, hell, let's give her a truck hands.
Speaker 1: I think she's creative.
Speaker 3: John Johnson, I'm John Johnson.
Speaker 1: So when is she being killed soon? What's her name?
Speaker 3: John Johnson Junior. I don't Jacket Johnson.
Speaker 1: I'm Jackett Johnson.
Speaker 3: He sings songs Michael Jackson's kid.
Speaker 1: No, that's Blanket.
Speaker 3: Jacket's a better name.
Speaker 1: What's her name?
Speaker 3: I can't believe. There's gotta be somebody named Jacket out there, Zach, look it up. There's gotta be a man named Jacket.
Speaker 1: Jacket for a first name. Jacket.
Speaker 3: Were you watching hockey last night?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes you were.
Speaker 3: And the Carolina Hurricanes won. But that don't matter.
Speaker 9: Well, it's very close to another Jackie Robinson. But I don't see a Jacket Robinson. Hold on, wait a minute, what did you well, I said, did you mean Jackie Robinson?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I was wondering how you got there. I asked you if there was ever a person named Jacket, and you said, well, there's Jackie Robinson.
Speaker 1: There's jackets with the name Robinson on them.
Speaker 3: Okay, no, no, no, we get there again. We can get rid of the last name Robinson. I didn't ask about that.
Speaker 1: Where did Robinson come from?
Speaker 3: You're tired?
Speaker 1: Google is convinced that you want Jackie Robinson. Yeah, oh yeah, I hit Jacket but at auto field. Yeah, I'm an idiot. I'm dumb somebody. I'm like that guy. I'm like Wade. Oh no, you're not.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to.
Speaker 1: No way the power trips Wade.
Speaker 6: Oh poor Wade, sauce.
Speaker 1: What did you do this weekend?
Speaker 6: Gut her helmet at gutterhelmet mn dot com. Never that's what you did, gutters again. No, I didn't have to do anything. My gutters do it for me. Gut her helmet.
Speaker 3: You had your gutters removed.
Speaker 6: Yeah, was he talking about Dian Gutter helmet men dot com?
Speaker 2: All right, Ben Leaver at seven, This is the Power Trip Morning Show and the Fan.
Speaker 1: Bank of America.
Speaker 9: Grank Dad to the Ultimate Father's Day at Canterbury Park. Enjoy mouth watering eats from local food trucks, exciting race action, and enter for a chance to win a brand new Lazy Boy recliner courtesy of the Furniture Mark. Full details of campaign dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 3: Welcome back Badge The Morning Show five four. Yeah, that's a good point. People are sending me all kinds of messages about this lady, and it is interesting to the lady from internal instinct, Like even the best article that I can find about why someone is that capable of doing horrible things? And you just said this, I think saucy. They much like Ted Bundy, there was something wrong with the prefrontal cortex. I believe I'm saying that correctly, is what I'm being told, and so the ability to know right from wrong is just not there. Yeah, there's no empathy. That's exactly what you just said.
Speaker 6: Ted Bundy as a child suffered a massive head injury and that's why he was the way he was, and he found out like that.
Speaker 1: His mom was his grandma and his mom was his sister.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's that's no big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, get over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah U over it? But yeah, same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, the guy before reacted.
Speaker 3: Apparently I'm not the only one who needed to find the rest of the story on this, because if I could say anything critical about this documentary that we watched, it's that again, like I needed context. I don't want to believe that people that nuts are just walking around amongst us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're right, they walk in the streets. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So how was the basketball stuff? Did you guys enjoy Was it fun to watch? Did you enjoy it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Obviously I had financial and emotional ties of the San Antonio Spurs.
Speaker 1: I wanted my dad to win again.
Speaker 2: Luckily I talked him into hedging, so he still made a good chunk of change, but we still had a gap, right, it was still more profitable and more fun of the Spurs one, So I wanted the Spurs to win for both my dad and for the bank account. Although I also hedge, so I want some money on the necks as well.
Speaker 1: But it doesn't matter.
Speaker 2: But it was pretty cool watching New York lose their minds. Yeah, pretty cool.
Speaker 3: I mean they kind of burnt the city down, didn't.
Speaker 1: They They did a little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and they probably will on Thursday when they have the victory parade.
Speaker 1: It's super cliche.
Speaker 2: I think the San Antonio Spurs are going to be an absolute menace for years because you have Dylan. Harper's only going to get better. Castle's only going to get better. Wemby's only going to get better. They're all super young. Everybody in the world's going to want to play for the San Antonio Spurs.
Speaker 1: So they're going to reload. They're the favorites next year.
Speaker 2: The San Antonio Spurs at plus two fifty, so they're the favorites to win next year. The Knicks are fourth behind the Spurs, the Thunder, a healthy Celtic squad which might get jahanness, and then the New York Knicks are fourth.
Speaker 1: Yeah it I think.
Speaker 2: You can sum it up by just saying the Spurs were young and dumb. Yes, because the experience for the Knicks was what mattered the most. All four games the Knicks won, they came back from double digit deficits.
Speaker 1: They look dead on Saturday Night, twenty nine points. Famously in Game four.
Speaker 2: It's one of the all time great NBA games and NBA finishes and NBA Finals games and blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: Twenty nine point come back. It was epic, but.
Speaker 2: Even it was a sixteen point comeback on Saturday, and that felt pedestrian compared to twenty nine.
Speaker 1: And because we've seen the.
Speaker 2: Spurs collapse essentially in every game, I never felt comfortable when they were up sixteen. I'm like, this game is not even close to over, and they just did what they do, which is make mistake after mistake after mistake and take bad shots. And yeah, this is a super violent joke, but I still thought this joke was funny. Somebody on Twitter that's apparently really sick of de Aaron Fox said something like if I was in a room with Jeffrey Epstein and Hitler and de Aaron Fox and I only had two bullets.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I mean, that's you know where the joke goes.
Speaker 2: It's obviously it's a joke, but it's still de Aaron Fox pissed me off the most because I thought he was supposed to be the calming, steadying force on the Spurs, and he just made.
Speaker 1: Terrible choice after terrible choice.
Speaker 2: He missed open shots, took bad shots, had weird turnovers. He's supposed to be the vet, yeah, and did not fill that role to the level I think the Spurs needed. So Wenby didn't show up when it mattered the most in those last couple of games.
Speaker 1: Either Castle did not show up.
Speaker 2: In Game five, the Knicks deserved to win, and what Brunton did was legendary And everybody that said this after the game is one hundred percent correct. That dude is officially the king of New York for the rest of his life. He can do whatever he wants. He's never paying for drinks or he's getting free in a meal. He's the king of New York for the next what fifty years?
Speaker 1: Oh? For sure? Can you imagine being Jalen Brunson in that city? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good for him, O G N and O be sure cat sure but specificallys yep, Yeah, get a rough game.
Speaker 1: Yeah he followed trouble.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but is he the reason that Wemby was a non factor? Though I kind of heard that is untrue.
Speaker 2: For one of the games this series, he played Wemby pretty well I would say on Saturday he was in foul trouble mostly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, every time I turned the game out, I'm like, where's Kat always in foul trouble?
Speaker 1: Sitting under the fouled.
Speaker 3: Out There's a little little chance I'm gonna understand what you guys are going to tell me. But like, so, what did we learn that that we didn't know about how to shut down Wimby? What did they show us physical with them or what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think again, he's still so young. He's gonna only get stronger and better. So this may be one of those we slowed him down for now, but he's still gonna put the gas pedal all the way to the floor.
Speaker 1: They'll figure it out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think they also though, as Cory said, I think they're just you know, they're inexperience cost him mostly the dumb plays they made in the twenty nine point comeback. They just all as you watch those games, New York just kind of waited for their opportunity, paid and waited for you know, the Spurs to kind of make their own mistakes and then they pounced.
Speaker 1: That's that's what they were doing.
Speaker 2: They just used their experience, their inexperience against the Spurs and was unstopped and Brunson was unstopped. Brunson is a stud. He was unbelievable in the fourth quarter on Saturday. How about the dearon Fox contract. He's do forty nine million next year, fifty five million after that, fifty nine and then sixty three million dollars a week or two ago. I'd be like, yeah, he's awesome. Yeah, well he just man, he did not show up when it No, he did not know. He looked like the rookie he did. Yeah, man, frustrating. Well, congress to the next yeah, man. And then Zachary, Zachary and your sport. After four games, there were people arguing this maybe one of the best Stanley Cup Finals of all time. I would say Game five and six took that argument off the table because they weren't as exciting.
Speaker 1: But the first four were unbelievable.
Speaker 2: But uh, Carolina wraps it up last night in kind of boring fashion.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was I mean, just Carolina. I mean, they just took control of everything. They suffocated the hell out of the Golden Knights. They didn't have any room to work with, you know. The it was like a fifteen to sixty minute period. You know, at the end of the second and into the third at the gold Knights couldn't even get a shot on goal. Carolina won that. I mean, I will say mainstream wasn't as fun to watch. But if you're you know, hardcore hockey fan, when like watching a team play like Carolina did to seal a Stanley Cup, that was interesting. But yes, you are right, it certainly wouldn't be considered one of the best of all time. But man, it was close, especially through those first four games because I'd never seen anything like it. But regardless, great to congrats to the Hurricanes and great to see that trophy presentation. The Jalen Brunton interview after the the NBA Finals game, that was awesome. Good weekend of sports and now it's all over.
Speaker 3: Good about World Cup. Did you watch ANYTHI I did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was fun. Man, four to one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we scored fourth, the most we've ever scored.
Speaker 1: As is uh Nordo said via text over the weekend.
Speaker 6: That's the best game a United States soccer team has ever played.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, cool, Yeah, it seems cool. Cool. That was the who scored as who scored all the goals for the US this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in that game. Yeah, your yeah, he scored all the goals in the weekend for this game. Yeah, for the United States of America. Yes, sir, Well, I'm not sure, but I thought it was Jim Belushi.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Did you hear Coach Chester from the tm USA talking about the win?
Speaker 1: He doesn't get enough respect?
Speaker 3: What do you say?
Speaker 2: He was talking about his uh star player, Matthew. I mean Martha and what Paul?
Speaker 10: He's here on Wednesday? That's right, that's right, right? Yeah, what am I going to do on Wednesday? I gotta come up with something. Just a bunch of golfers.
Speaker 1: Wade Bogs, Yeah, say, Wade Boggs is playing.
Speaker 2: I gotta think of something, wad box something.
Speaker 3: I think Wade Bogs is the guy who drank all the beers on the plane.
Speaker 2: You are correct that is the father of Laney Bogs. Is that true?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a gal that I went to high school with.
Speaker 1: She was like a nerdy art kid. But then, like a.
Speaker 2: Couple of guys made a bet about whether Paul your hands up?
Speaker 1: He's not here at all? All right, I got two days to come up with something. I got two days to come up with.
Speaker 3: I do want to help you come up with something good. How do you need the help? But I want to be a part of it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, killball for it. I mean, do the links play Tuesday night? I could name girls I went to high school with. If you won't notice, Front Page Sports is next.
Speaker 9: Ugly fiftieth with kfan and two hundred and fifty thousand dollars in cash. Each weekday through July third, you can win your share of twenty five hundred dollars towards your dream getaway. Listen to the keyword entry to cafe in dot Comedy of the m and hit the road America style.
Speaker 3: Man, have you guys seen the trailer for Heart of the Beast with Brad Pitt?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I saw the trailer before uh goodness Disclosure Day? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, how was that?
Speaker 1: By the way, it's really good.
Speaker 2: Oh you guys didn't go together? What happened to your movie date? No?
Speaker 6: When he realized it rightfully so that it says now on like movie websites, how long when the actual movie's gonna start? When I told him it's gonna it starts about a half hour after it says it does. So it said ten forty five, but it started literally at like eleven ten.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's like it and a half hour. Yeah. It's really good though, Man, it's really good.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't stay that long.
Speaker 6: There's a few parts that if we'd all gone, if Corey had gone to record, had been like, come on, Ohra Spielberg, come on, there's but it's uh, it's really good man, Tomatoes. You know, I saw all the questions, like what would actually happen if they disclosed all this information? It would change a lot of things. And then you see you see a few things and you're like, are they telling us something?
Speaker 1: I don't know? It's it's it's a really good movie, man.
Speaker 3: So Heart of the Beast. It's about Brad Pitt and his doggie. They're both Special Forces soldiers and the doggie apparently loses a leg and some teeth in the war, and it's about Brad Pitt and the doggie living their life afterwards and going through some stuff. But it's about a doggie and Brad Pitt. What more do you need? And the doggie got a fake leg and fake teeth because they somebody hit him in the mouth of the brick in the war. But look at this. I mean, this is gonna be the biggest movie of.
Speaker 1: All time, bigger than Suicide Squad.
Speaker 3: Okay, you can give me crap about that, but I didn't know the Jared Leto factor when that happened.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it looks really good the trailers.
Speaker 3: Really, that's what I'm saying, to rip your heart right out of your Boddy about Brad Pitt and a dog.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think each other. Don't know if they do. What's the name of this whale movie?
Speaker 2: Have you guys seen the trailer of the guy that gets called whale fall?
Speaker 11: Ye?
Speaker 12: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, whaleful trailer that I thought the guy living in the whale is about Colorado. No, not living in the whale.
Speaker 2: He gets like half swallowed and basically is running out of air because he's a scuba diver.
Speaker 1: What a crazy premise.
Speaker 3: I'm watching the trailer right now. I'd like to play for you, but I'm frettingham Cuss.
Speaker 1: And there might be music in it.
Speaker 2: The whales have a they play in the pretty vulgar tongue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this looks terrifying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do people go in the ocean? Why do people go outside?
Speaker 3: It's their density.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's their density. Mama sauce. Can you name that movie that Chris just referenced.
Speaker 2: I thought he'd be able to reach the density bit, isn't it where the kid gets the tattoo across his chest?
Speaker 1: Where's this density instead of destiny?
Speaker 2: No, I'm surprised.
Speaker 3: Density. I mean, I'm your destiny.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You don't really really, that's incredible.
Speaker 3: It's obvious.
Speaker 2: It's back to the future. Oh yeah, it's the third one, Chrispin Glover. No, it's the first one, the only one that's good. Hawk loves the third one.
Speaker 1: He sure does.
Speaker 3: I do. I love it all right?
Speaker 1: Should we do front paid sports?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Man, stuff actually happened. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: A lot of stuff happened. Find to see why this guy gets eased by this whale though.
Speaker 2: Because he was delicious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, he tasted it.
Speaker 3: But it does seem Oh oh okay, that's a big whale.
Speaker 1: I can't watch it because it makes me sign in. I don't want to sign in sign in, bitch on Saturday. The oh, we should mention holiday, by the way, of course, by to.
Speaker 2: Get one free when it comes to a.
Speaker 1: Monster at holiday.
Speaker 2: Holiday is the best you can go get a couple of Monster Energies and then get one for free mixing match any flavors you want of Monster. Hell yeah, Holiday, Thanks Holiday Saturday. The New York Knicks won the NBA Championship twenty sorry ninety four ninety over San Antonio.
Speaker 1: You know they win the series four games to one.
Speaker 2: Jalen Brunton forty five points in the closer and he was named MVP. That is the most points by anybody in Knick's history in the finals. First title in fifty three years. That's nineteen seventy three. I don't even think that year technically happened. I'm not even sure if it did.
Speaker 1: Wasn't that Dear Hogsaidy was porn?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 2: The parade is Thursday in Manhattan, and again we mentioned it last segment. New York rallied from down double digits in all four of their wins, including on Saturday.
Speaker 1: They scored twelve points in the first quarter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were getting rocked. Yeah, but it doesn't matter because the Spurs are young and dumb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whoa are you watching it?
Speaker 3: I don't know why you need to watch the movie. I've just seen everything. What could possibly happen after correct? I mean, do they show him getting pookied out?
Speaker 1: Oh? Well, then your dad's inline. What if they later become best right hogs and.
Speaker 2: It turns into like a whale riding situation whe they bonded and then he just rides the whale all over the ocean.
Speaker 3: See if we had each had a chance to write this script, yours would have been that. Mine would have been this.
Speaker 11: Uh.
Speaker 3: This whale had been plugged up for weeks and he just needed somebody to get down there and unplug him. Yeah, and he thought, I'm gonna swallow this kind human and when I poop him out, he's going to take care of me. Yea, my derelict anus.
Speaker 1: Okay, sauce, what would your angle be on whale fall? I gets swallowed by a whale? Then when happened?
Speaker 2: I like derelict anus? Yeah, button sounds like a heavy metal bad it does.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 6: My bit would be is, uh, this whale is having a really bad day, and he's like, you know what, I've lost all my buddies because whales grow old, but he happened to grow older than all of his whale buddies.
Speaker 2: He's like, I'm the only one left, I could use a companion. And then he sees, uh, this guy swimming around and he says, I'm gonna swallow that guy hole and he's going to become part of me.
Speaker 1: So he's basically the Jeffrey Don of whales.
Speaker 3: Oh so he's looking for a friend, and yeah, he thinks the only way to have a good friend is consume them. Yes, wow, yep, that's a completely different story than mine.
Speaker 6: I like darrel lecdanis though sail out again, I don't know, I just like that term.
Speaker 1: That's funny. All right.
Speaker 2: So I just mentioned in the previous segment that the Spurs are the favorites slightly over OKAC for next year.
Speaker 1: Right, the Spurs are plus two fifty.
Speaker 2: This is DraftKings OKAC plus two sixty, so essentially the same thing. Two and a half to one, then the Celtics, then the Knicks. What are the odds that the Timberwolves win the NBA title next year?
Speaker 1: Blank to one? What are the odds fold to one?
Speaker 2: Sauce Zach, I'm going to.
Speaker 6: Go with thirteen thirteen to one, twenty twenty to one.
Speaker 2: If you think the Wolves are going to wheel and deal, and if you think the Wolves can take that next step and get past not just the semis or were the conference finals like they did back to back years, but can get all the way to the NBA Championship and win it. The Wolves are thirty to one cheese. Now, if you're saying, well, that's that's not bet, that means we have about a three percent chance of winning the title.
Speaker 3: It seems like good money in Vegas to Dad put some money down on the Wolves, to be fair.
Speaker 6: About a year ago this time, the Spurs were thirty five to one. They sure were, Yeah, they sure we're fair. I got him at thirty to one. My dad got him at thirty five to one, one day earlier than me. The Kings are a thousand to one. Does Hawk know where that team plays?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Bryana Stadium, Bryan the Stadium. The Kings are from Sacramento, Nail, that's the capital of California.
Speaker 6: Didn't your guy, uh, Scott Skyles play for them?
Speaker 1: Who knows?
Speaker 3: Saucy ignorance Slot.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, daddy.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: You mentioned the World Cup that the US won on over Paroguay on Friday. The US plays again against Australia Friday at two. I believe that game is in Seattle, Is that right? I think it's in Seattle. I think you are correct. Why are these games so far apart?
Speaker 6: That's a lot of running, man, But you think like with all that momentum they finally got, they'd want to play like tonight.
Speaker 2: And the US is a big favorite. DraftKings minus one sixty on Friday against Australia. It is at lumin Field in Seattle.
Speaker 3: Yeah, lumen Field at two o'clock. And they love their soccer there, My god, do they love soccer. The place is so loud, dudes, man, what's lumen.
Speaker 1: Isn't it a telecom company?
Speaker 2: No, it's where Mark Scout works in the show Severance.
Speaker 1: Oh well played. Thanks.
Speaker 6: Did you guys see the story over the weekend that Rod Stewart canceled his concert and then went to the Scotland World Cup game.
Speaker 3: You know what at his age when people are pissed, Yeah, people are pissed, but he's busy.
Speaker 2: I know, Rod, I was just looking for you to hang on.
Speaker 6: But yeah, he canceled I think in la and then about three hours later he's in.
Speaker 1: Gillette Stadium watching Scotland play.
Speaker 3: It's hard not to when you're him.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and he posted like a video on his private plane.
Speaker 3: Yeah listen, I mean, how many more times is he going to get to see soccer?
Speaker 1: I'm not super familiar with Rod Stewart. Are you I know Rod? Okay? Well I don't, but you do I know Rod Oky Cool? Great? Yeah, No, I know Rod hot legs.
Speaker 6: Rod Wales. We were going to go see him, and then I think was it covid? I don't think you ever got your money back.
Speaker 3: I never may get my money back. Sometimes it just.
Speaker 1: It's the way she go. I know, Rod. Oh.
Speaker 3: I ordered a sweet Harley Davidson leather jacket off of Poshmark, and I got.
Speaker 1: At a lady's store.
Speaker 6: My god, he shops on Poshmark lady Store Home.
Speaker 3: It's for dudes and men, It's for people. It's all people. Don't crush my.
Speaker 1: Buzzuk is definitely a lady.
Speaker 3: It's definitely not Why would you be able to buy men's clothes on their bitch?
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: It's not for ladies, I know, it's just for everybody.
Speaker 1: Did you get it?
Speaker 3: No? I got a pair of size twelve air Jordans. No, it wasn't cool because I wear size nines and I didn't order Air Jordan's, and I was too lazy to take him back, so I just gave him to give him the Max.
Speaker 1: And they they sell a lot of Tzara.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that is, the coach and not the guy.
Speaker 1: With the anthropology.
Speaker 3: They also sell Harley Davidson coat's bitch And I ain't looking for your.
Speaker 1: Approval, no, but I love you.
Speaker 3: Tell you a cool story.
Speaker 1: So what did it look like? What your leather jacket?
Speaker 13: How would I know?
Speaker 1: I never got it? Well, didn't you see it though? To purchase it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It looked tough. That's how it looked.
Speaker 6: Let me see here. I'm gonna look up a Harley Davidson coat. How does this website work?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I figured.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is a tough website.
Speaker 3: It ain't hard, just like I mean, how many times have you heard that?
Speaker 1: Not many many? But we're Bob, But we're Bob Harley Davidson.
Speaker 3: I don't know why you're looking. You ain't enough to wear Harley Davidson coke.
Speaker 1: No, I'm gonna buy it for you, this one right. Yeah, I've written bitch on your heart? Is it? This one? Right?
Speaker 3: Here? Come over here, there's more than one on there.
Speaker 2: But is it this Harley Davidson black leather jacket with orange trim.
Speaker 3: It's very similar.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it was it two hundred dollars.
Speaker 3: Cheap?
Speaker 6: Hmm, Yeah, there are a lot un poshpa was it this one with a giant eagle on the back of it?
Speaker 3: Maybe it was? Maybe you don't like America?
Speaker 1: What anything that?
Speaker 3: I saw a bunch of eagles yesterday I went down to Windowa. Man, there's all kinds of eagles.
Speaker 1: Man. They do have cool jackets. Really little for laters. I mean, it kind of is for ladies. You don't know. I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't know much, but you know, Rod, But I know, Rod, this is Look at this coat. Come here, look at this coat. Please come over here and look at this one.
Speaker 8: Right, but I'm gonna buy it probably.
Speaker 1: How cool is this coat?
Speaker 3: That's pretty sweet? Yeah, let me see the back of it. Oh, I like it's got fringe on it. Not a lot jackets have French these days. That's a ladies jacket.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, look in the back.
Speaker 3: It's back.
Speaker 1: That's not bad though.
Speaker 3: Well, it's the ladies about the fridge. I like the fringe though. You find me a dude, jacket's fringe on it. Yeah, you let me know you couldn't wear that though, you.
Speaker 1: Know, well it doesn't come in six acts. What about this one?
Speaker 3: Do you have a hard time buying T shirts? You's got to get him over your fat head.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lady's coat. Oh look at that.
Speaker 3: One says, Oh look, you can buy yourself that one. It's just like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that one's not bad.
Speaker 3: Look at that. That's cool. Yeah, that's cool about that. That's too that's the dollars. That's too much.
Speaker 1: That's too big though, that wouldn't fit you.
Speaker 3: They don't have to look at that. Why are you looking at panties?
Speaker 1: I'm not Corey. He's looking at panties, I believe it.
Speaker 3: Are you buying your wife panties? Do you have four XL all?
Speaker 1: Four time?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: If you ask somebody selling one jacket on Poshmark, do they have it in FORO xcel? You don't understand shopping. I have it in for XCEL basically somebody's garage sale. They don't have different sizes.
Speaker 8: Todd Ugh, Hey you want I don't mean to interrupt.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you guys were having a conversation. I was moving studios. If you want real deals, go to dee popd epop. That's really that's really a garage sale. I mean people are selling things for three dollars in there just because they don't want to have to drive to the store and give it away.
Speaker 1: They have a lot of Harley Jackets on here. I asked. I asked. Ai is Poshmark for women?
Speaker 2: And AI says Poshmark is a social commerce marketplace for buying and selling new and second hand items. While it started as a women's fashion platform and remains predominantly women focused, in is sense expanded to include categories for men, kids, home, to core, and more. The majority of active users and inventory are geared toward women's apparel, shoes, and accessories. That's fine, and the app is definitely marketed towards women.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna put this coat on right now.
Speaker 1: Did you get that on Poshmark?
Speaker 2: Chris Hockey here for Poshmark about this?
Speaker 1: That's a nice call. I definitely could not. Definitely, yea, we have these shot that is a cool cook. It is for riding motorcycles. Yeah, but you can't ride a moorcycles. Well, that guy for the forest helme cat he shops on splash Mark He sure does. I would have won that bed.
Speaker 2: We'll do what really matters after this scores and stats around the world of sports.
Speaker 1: This is The Power Trip Morning Joe on the Van.
Speaker 9: Join the Power Trips twenty fifth Birthday Bash at Treasure Island, November fifth and sixth Thursday night's comedy show has reached capacity, but the wait list is still open, and make sure you're listen to The Power Trip for chances to win your way in and be there Friday morning.
Speaker 1: No registration needed for a live broadcast.
Speaker 9: Any Vegas trip up for grabs hetails a cafe dot com slash f five.
Speaker 2: That's right, that's what really matters.
Speaker 1: Right, But here's what really matters.
Speaker 2: Brought to you by Ovo, Lasik and Lens doctor Mark logan Off, doctor David White. Go get Lasik from Ovo, oh, Lacy and Lens O. That is correct, ov O, Ovo, Yes nailed it. Yes, yes, you guys want to hear some weird stats.
Speaker 1: This is kind of crazy, I really do.
Speaker 2: What's the best city on the face of the earth, Las Vegas, Nevada?
Speaker 1: That is correct.
Speaker 2: Do you guys know the Oakland a's slash Sacramento As slash Future Las Vegas A's sure, yeah, have been playing in Vegas, right. They had a six game homestand in Vegas at I think one of the college.
Speaker 1: Stadiums or the Triple A stadiums or something like that. But they were Triple A. Eight thousand or so people in attendant. Small park.
Speaker 2: But it's Vegas and it's hot, way too hot. This might get interesting when they show up there. In twenty twenty eight, the Rockies won twenty three to nine over the A's twenty three. That is an all time record for the Rockies. That is a franchise record for runs, twenty three twenty three and they're terrible, they're twenty seven and forty five, but they hit six home runs and score twenty three runs overall. The A's hit two home runs, so eight for the game combined. Vegas went four and two in those those games. The Future Vegas As went four and two. But I think we need to watch this because remember a couple of days ago they had that giant game. I think it was the Brewers Brewers, yes, and it was like fifteen to fourteen, and they hit a billion home runs as.
Speaker 1: Well in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about this four hundred and sixty foot home runs?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 1: Pretty rare.
Speaker 2: That's a smash, right, you're hammering about four sixties a monster run, monster home run.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there have been six games in Vegas.
Speaker 2: Five home runs had been hit over four to sixty right, think about that?
Speaker 1: To five home runs over four to sixty and six games. Wow?
Speaker 2: The rest of Major League Baseball this year has played one thousand and sixty two games. How many four hundred and sixty foot home runs in one thousand and sixty two games not played in Las Vegas pipes? So again, Vegas played six games Vegas and Milwaukee and Vegas in Colorado six games total. They had five home runs over four to sixty The rest of the league one thousand and sixty two games so far, how many home runs total? Nine over four sixty?
Speaker 3: Like nine like some ridiculous like that? Either has to do three on us?
Speaker 2: Set three is the right? Any three? So there is something in the air in Las Vegas. They are smashing home runs. It was one hundred and one degrees in Vegas. But it's got to be a combo because they're putting up runs like crazy and hitting home runs like crazy.
Speaker 1: So just keep that in the back of your mind.
Speaker 2: In two years, when Vegas shows up in Las Vegas, it might be when the ag show up in Las Vegas, it might be the best baseball we've ever seen.
Speaker 6: And it might be over Central bet the over time yep, can you imagine? Wo Yeah, I wonder what the overs were for that game.
Speaker 2: They're just twelve home runs smashing.
Speaker 1: But what really matters is this Hmmm.
Speaker 3: I wonder why, like, like the the well it elevation doesn't match Colorado, even though it's a pretty high elevation. It's got to be I wonder is it all the lost souls carrying the ball?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think man like angels in the outfield? Great film, right, hard Great like you did WI.
Speaker 3: The scariest part of that movie?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can we can we reiterate the point that maybe in the history of professional sports there's been some bad names.
Speaker 1: Maybe the worst is Athletics. Yeah, it's pretty bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you guys? Were the Athletics? Hey what who are you playing today? The Fasties?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, man, the strong guys.
Speaker 2: Let's talk Athletics terrible f minus.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the red Socks though, I mean.
Speaker 1: The red socks with an X too, So I like, what's what's that all?
Speaker 6: Just like, yeah, wasn't they weren't they originally called like the red stockings and the white stockings and that what they were called.
Speaker 3: I think that was the reds they were the red stocking.
Speaker 1: Yeah, either way, like even the red graph.
Speaker 2: You're you're a baseball team, right, and you're supposed to be intimidating, and you're facing a bunch of guys, Like, how would you describe those guys? Those guys are the athletics, Well so are we? No, Well, don't worry about it. Well, we're going to name ourselves after that a bird. Yeah, bird, the blue will be the orioles. There's too many birds in baseball.
Speaker 1: What really matters is this.
Speaker 3: In nineteen forty seven, scientists dumped crushed dry eyes into a hurricane just to see what would happen.
Speaker 2: Hey, on a second, here, how did they do that? Like, flew over it, into the top of it, dumped it, dumped it into the.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: That's greasy. What's an insane science experiment? I love it.
Speaker 3: Continue The storm made a one hundred and thirty five degree turn, strengthened and struck Georgia, and of course scientists like we had nothing to do with that, but people were pissed and there were lawsuits threatened, but none came to fruition.
Speaker 1: Well, how do we learn without.
Speaker 3: What if it had destroyed it? What if the hurricane had been like, okay, cool man, Jesus.
Speaker 1: What if they're like, all right, dry ice didn't work. Let's try Tabasco. Yeah, that wouldn't be bad.
Speaker 2: Just a Tabasco tornado, just spreading hot sauce all over the southern east coast of the United States of America. They'd probably love it. Well, it can't be worse. No, can't be worse in Florida. Yeah, you know, it's a hell hole. It's Jurassic Park.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: The US Open is this week Thursday through Sunday, Zach, How do you say the name of the place where they're playing golf?
Speaker 1: What's so?
Speaker 9: What is it?
Speaker 1: It's the US Open? How do you pronounce this thing? It's in New York, Southampton, New York. Oh gosh, how the hell do you? How do you say this? Zach? Why don't you try?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Well, it's not shiny, you know that. How about this? I'll do the first part you do the second part?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Uh, the shit a cock nail?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well done?
Speaker 9: Did I do it?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: I think that's the ragining champ is JJ Spawn. Yeah, he won on that huge putt a year ago. It was not shiny. It's not shiny brilliant. What if it was? That'd be hilarious.
Speaker 2: That's one of those bits where you get one of like the national sports people that don't know like how they miss like when our local when our I think people mispronounce Minneapolis suburbs or streets. You're like, oh, this guy's just not from here.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Ways, how great would it have been if you get some rando that doesn't understand it and says.
Speaker 1: Shiny, I'm sure somebody will.
Speaker 2: You whoopsies anyway, So we'll bet on it on Wednesday. But yeah, US open Thursday through Sunday. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 3: NFL player Alvin Kamara, as of twenty twenty one, had yet to spend any of his salary after four years of being in the league, despite signing a seventy five million dollar contract in twenty twenty. Instead, he lived off his endorsement deals. He said, my mom ain't ever had this much. It would be a shame if I got it all and lost it.
Speaker 1: So this is the Rob Gronkowski plan.
Speaker 2: There's a handful of guys that do this that basically say the salary part is untouchable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they spend and have fun with the rest of it, which is that's cool.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, that's a good idea, man.
Speaker 2: But it's also like the people that are like, I'm taking my money in bitcoin. Well, it's the same thing as getting a check and buying bitcoin. Right, It's not a it's not a flex it's weird. Yeah, when I forget about stuff like that.
Speaker 3: No, I do like the idea that just keeping it, you know, like just set out somewhere and.
Speaker 2: Then it's discipline, right, And discipline is the key, man, because you could argue the exact opposite, right, save all of your endorsement money, have fun with your salary, Like, it doesn't matter what you do as long as what he's saying is I'm taking my finances seriously, which is great.
Speaker 1: Don't go broke. You have millions of dollars, be financially responsible. I should have some fun. You have millions and millions and millions of dollars. You should have the time of your life. Spend it. Don't waste it, right, Paul, don't waste to spend it. Don't waste it so much.
Speaker 3: People say I'm going to die someday and I should spend all my money.
Speaker 1: You're asking for a friend.
Speaker 3: Discipline, baby, put it on your phone and then ignore it. That's what I do.
Speaker 1: Say your phone background.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your phone background actually says discipline.
Speaker 3: Put it on their discipline right there, so that I could look at it and say, oh, yeah, you were about to take some money out of the team. That's to buy something on Poshmark discipline, Yeah, or the leave your penis alone for half hour?
Speaker 6: Oh your Pashmark surprised you have one.
Speaker 1: Oh you're the first one here.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: More of what really matters after this on the fan and then Ben Leber at seven.
Speaker 3: From that's right, welcome back. Shoot, here we go big week, guys. This is coming Saturday. Rocket Club is going to be one of the first bands ever walked out on stage on the big new ampithet. You know, I actually I just got Sergeane just sent me the call. Shoot. I think we go on at seven fifty five Saturday night, and it's only like twenty bucks a ticket and you get an opportunity to go out there, and I'm trying to get what's the name Tommy Brennan. Yeah, I'm trying to get him on the show this week.
Speaker 1: Oh sweet, because he's the host slash MC super cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's it's an interesting thing, man, because like this here we go, but do do do call sheet attached sevent fifty five we go on. But it's a crazy thing because like it's twenty bucks to get in and you can check the whole place out, and uh, motion City soundtrack Bear is on right after She's great and then uh woy, what's the guy's name? Uh, you know from the Prince movie?
Speaker 1: Tell us his name?
Speaker 3: More Stay in the Time, More Stay at the Times the headliner. Yeah, so it's uh a school rock than us than Bear, then motion City soundtrack and then more Stay in the Time at this but Caro Levin did this story on it, uh first look at the Mystic Lake Amphitheater.
Speaker 11: It's almost time for Chokape's newest entertainment venue, the Mystic Lake Amphitheater. Supercrews are still working to complete this space. As we're a little more than a week out from the first big show, and today we got our first chance to explore the grounds and see what's setting this Amphitheater apart from Minnesota's other top tier venues. I just want to go out live to our top tier reporter Gordon Seeverson live in Chockape.
Speaker 1: What's up man, Hi, Gordo.
Speaker 14: Hey, Yeah, the clock is sticking here at the Mystic Lake Amphitheater. The first show is just eight days away, and you might be able to see behind me here the construction is still going on. We've been watching construction workers kind of putting over on a covering here at the Amphitheater. It looks like work has maybe ended for the day, but the man in charge tells me they will be ready to go, and he believes that live music fans will be blown away when they see their first live show here this summer.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's super exciting.
Speaker 12: I mean it's a long time coming.
Speaker 1: Really, you know, snuck up here at the end.
Speaker 13: For Live Nation Market president Josh Lacy. The next eight days will be a sprint to the finish line.
Speaker 1: Be ready to rock On June twentieth.
Speaker 13: I show that will literally set the stage for the season. A trial run of sorts with all Minnesota artists as they get the venue ready for a jam packed summer with nearly forty concerts in a span of one hundred days.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's a lot. And looking at the actual Amphitheater now as it's almost done with the covering on it and stuff like that, I don't know where the stage is going to be. I mean as far as how far out it is. But if it's not at the edge of the stands there, the people in the grass aren't gonna be able to see it. I don't know, but i'll know more on Saturday'll give you guys a full report. Yeah, man, after I walk out on there, pretend I'm a huge rockstar.
Speaker 1: What's the first song you're going to sing?
Speaker 3: I think it's called Everybody Kill Meat? Well, wow, it's a new single.
Speaker 1: We've got good for you guys.
Speaker 3: It's about not eating meat.
Speaker 1: Oh, got it? That makes sense. No, it's give you twenty bucks if you open up with CARRIBB and Blue Bianya.
Speaker 3: Great song man, that's a good deal and I can get its twenty bucks. But wow, I don't know that song.
Speaker 1: That's a really you don't know? That's I saw it come on, man, I know by name.
Speaker 3: How's it go? Isn't it like.
Speaker 1: That's more like chant? But that's right on, nailed it. Yeah, I hate every note you did.
Speaker 15: Maybe I should open Maybe you want to open for us. I should just do a school of rock. You should like as a student. I should just check it out, something to do, find another hobby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, you know, or you could be the mister sneepily.
Speaker 3: Mister schneebly here.
Speaker 2: That's not a defensive I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's should we do more of what really matters?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Man, yeah, man, I got it for you.
Speaker 2: Hey, you guys remember Williams Arena? Yeah, no, Hawk's never been right? Well is that where they Yeah, the Golden Gophers play back?
Speaker 1: Yeah, the coach for a while.
Speaker 2: No more Williams Arena, even though everybody's gonna call it Williams Arena for the rest of time. But no more Williams Arena. It's now the Barn. But dot dot dot the Barn supported by Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota.
Speaker 1: So that's not bad. What's not bad? That set up the name the Barn.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's what it was nicknamed anyway. Yeah, but yeah, but now that you got a corporate sponsor. That's not bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, unless you're the Williams family, unless you are the descendants of I had a Jim william Your name, mister Williams, I wonderful related to us. So ten years, seventeen million dollars.
Speaker 1: That's it. Ten year, seventeen million dollar naming rights deal. That's it. That's what I said. I'm sorry. Also, ad Mark Coyle agreed.
Speaker 2: To a contract extension. I think it was a two year extension.
Speaker 3: Oh, his name is Adie Mark.
Speaker 1: Yep. What song is that? Sarah McLaughlin, Is that the Oh that's not the song.
Speaker 3: I think it is. I think that's what she says.
Speaker 1: Is that what she says? I believe.
Speaker 3: So that's a song about her grandma.
Speaker 1: Why do we need them? What really matters is this.
Speaker 3: In nineteen ninety three, the arcade game NBA Jam gross banger hell, yeah, thank you grossed one billion dollars in the first twelve months of release. Oh for three times as much as the highest grossing movie of the same year, which was.
Speaker 1: Jurassic Part That's right.
Speaker 3: How'd you know that?
Speaker 1: Ninety three? Yeah? Oh, NBA Jam was game changing. It was the best.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, it sounds like it was good.
Speaker 1: Got No, I didn't we talk about this.
Speaker 2: I forgot which way it was, Wasn't it Like the developers of the game were Pistons fans, so like if the Bulls and the Pistons, if it was down to the wire, like they coded it where you couldn't but essentially that the Pistons.
Speaker 1: Would always find out, it would always win. Yeah, it was something like that.
Speaker 2: I think you are correct, And all those characters, like a lot of those hidden characters, like the ones that were not just Bill Clinton or p Funk, but like the ones where it was just random developers of the game that wasn't ever supposed to go public, but it did. I didn't know, And then everybody ended up playing as these random guys and gals like who are who are?
Speaker 1: Who is this?
Speaker 8: Guy?
Speaker 2: Is this? But you one of your buddies would tell you the code or you just mash the buttons and you can get to get it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh yeah, man, I loved him.
Speaker 6: Could you be and maybe this is wrong, could you be the Big mac guy? Was that one of the characters, the Moon Guy?
Speaker 1: I think yeah, on.
Speaker 3: Hmm, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could definitely.
Speaker 2: Hey, Chris, Yes, sir, the Orlando Magic on NBA Jam had two players. Back in the day, there was a classic NBA JAM version that had two players, and we had two players.
Speaker 1: You only played two.
Speaker 2: It was two on two an NBA Jam. Okay, hell, I know who do you think they were?
Speaker 3: Shaquille O'Neill and I believe the guy I could see his face and Anthony.
Speaker 2: Hardaway Penny had is incorrect, Shaq and Sauce Grandmama. I think it's Scott Scott Scott's guy Shack and Scott Skiles.
Speaker 3: From the Dream Team.
Speaker 1: So you get so you'd be the Dream Team.
Speaker 2: So you could either dunk it with Shack or shoot threes with Scottie Skyles.
Speaker 3: So you guys getting me pooped for that. But anybody's good enough to be on an NBA game like that must have been good.
Speaker 2: That actually wasn't there necessarily the case there were, Like wasn't Jordan not on that game? Because it's licensing reasons and stuff, so.
Speaker 1: Not all the best players were in those games.
Speaker 6: But that's pretty you could that is, you could be sub zero and Reptile like they had some great bits on this game.
Speaker 1: Reptile, the Green guy. He was great.
Speaker 9: Godzilla and Bart Simpson were playing to be secret characters but were ultimately scrapped.
Speaker 1: Oh that would have been great.
Speaker 2: That would have been cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Godzilly is great in the paint.
Speaker 9: At one billion dollars is equivalent to two point two million, two point two billion today.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Does seem like a lot that.
Speaker 2: When we went to arcades during middle school, that was the first game I went to. I know, there was the Simpsons, and you had Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter too. There were a handful of options, teenage meeting Ninja Turtles. Of course, the four player game was epic A plus, but I did I went right for Mbajam.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was the coolest.
Speaker 2: It was the coolest, and then when we got it on Super Nintendo, it was like, I get to play this at home.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe it. It was the best.
Speaker 2: My turn right. The Twins won five to four over the Cardinals. They won two out of three against the Cardinals. They're now thirty three and forty. They are at Texas for the next three starting tonight. Then they're at Arizona Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Five to four win for the twenties. What really matters, though, is this all right?
Speaker 3: These numbers aren't numbers I'm making up. These are true stats, but they sound incredible. Alcohol use in America likely peaked in the eighteen thirties. The average American drank seven gallons of pure ethanol a year. Midwestern corn farmers converted their grain into whiskey to prevent spoilage. A gallon cost only twenty five cents. Americans averaged four shots of whiskey a day at under a penny a piece. Four shots are whiskey a day, must calls out breakfast, Oh muskies him Max that you don't have your face fixed yet.
Speaker 2: Nope, they did it in the worst possible way they could have done it.
Speaker 1: What do you mean on what?
Speaker 10: Uh?
Speaker 1: Watched the surgery? I got to the place.
Speaker 5: Different guy than I had seen for the last four times, tells me bite down, says you look great, Let's get those things off, gives me a whole spiel you're a free man, like he's frigging Abraham Lincoln or something, and h nurses get me all ready to go. Comes back in five minutes later, says the boss. Doctor guy says another week to be safe.
Speaker 1: The boss.
Speaker 8: Doctor.
Speaker 1: You've seen that movie Doctor Springsteen. Mm. Yeah.
Speaker 5: If they just said another week off the rip, it's like whatever. I was prepared for bad news, but I had hope for five minutes. I'm sorry Max, So man, that sucks terrible.
Speaker 3: Well, you face to get better.
Speaker 1: It'd be like, yes, like hi been good morning, party guys. Hello, Hello man, Hi, Hi, Hi man?
Speaker 3: How the party go? Oh?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Good every man?
Speaker 12: The grad party was great, great, Yeah, it was really good. Got a little chaotic at the end, but that's all good.
Speaker 2: When you were driving in, I hope you heard me reference Caribbean Blue by Enya.
Speaker 1: I did not hear that. Oh it's a great song.
Speaker 2: Are you caught up on Widows Bay all nine episodes?
Speaker 3: No? Not?
Speaker 2: Have you seen episode eight, the one after the last.
Speaker 1: Time we talked on Thursday? That was the last That's where we're at.
Speaker 2: Wait until Caribbean Blue drops at the end of episode eight. It's freaking awesome. It's like the perfect song for the moment you'll see when you get there. That song is just a slam Yeah. Yeah, my best possible placement for that song. When I hear that's the best show of the year. This show is a ten out of thing. It's so good, so much fun.
Speaker 12: I think I think it's going to lose I don't know. I think it's going to lose some people in that episode though.
Speaker 2: Six and seven. Yeah, again, that's the that's the one that should have lost me. But it didn't because it's so smart. It didn't matter.
Speaker 1: Like I was like, I'll roll with this.
Speaker 12: I think I think it was so good the duration of how long they got to the point, like, Okay, I get it. I don't think we need a whole episode to describe this particular perspective and scenario.
Speaker 2: There's more though, Okay, the flashback episode you mean, yeah, yeah, that sets up like a thousand other things.
Speaker 1: Okay, you'll see You'll see baby, Yeah.
Speaker 2: See baby. And the attention to detail on that show is off the charts.
Speaker 1: And I would say Matt.
Speaker 2: Reese is an American treasure, but he's not from here.
Speaker 1: Let's do the Yeah, she sure is.
Speaker 2: Let's do the news when we get back, and then sausage sports in like twenty minutes.
Speaker 1: Ben Leber is here.
Speaker 2: His normal schedule is six thirty to like eight forty, but now we're going all the way seven to nine for the duration hell yeah.
Speaker 1: For the rest of the way, this is the Power morning Show.