Speaker 1: A new week has started, that's right, already full of news already, that's right. In this case, federal prosecutors have opened up an investigation into FED chair Jerome Powell. And I guess this has to do with, uh, you know, the two point five billion dollar renovation to the Central Bank headquarters there in Washington, d C. And Powell things it's an intimidation tactic by Trump. So what's who knows those going ons?
Speaker 2: Well, here to discuss with us is our good friend Steve Cotton. He is the president of Cotton Wealth Management Associates. He is a financial strategist and his resume as long as my arm. Steve, welcome back to the program.
Speaker 3: Well, good afternoon, gentlemen. It's always a pleasure to be with you. Hello Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: So, Steve, you heard what Rock was saying there. What is the endgame here? Do you suppose with Trump?
Speaker 3: Well, I think it's interesting that dynamics are interesting thing in that Powell Chairman Powell is trying to position this subpoena to a federal grand jury as an intimidation by Trump, who's frustrated because Powell has not reduced interest rates as fast as Trump thinks justified Biden, inflation was running about nine percent. The latest numbers that came out I think yesterday or today put inflation at two point six to two point eight. That's quite a reduction. And yet the FED has been relatively slow. Trump is correct, the FED has been very pale. In particular, has been very slow in lowering interest rates. But I would suggest your listeners take a step back and look.
Speaker 1: At the broader issue.
Speaker 3: The issue really is why have construction costs on the Federal reserves renovation gone from an estimate of one point nine billion to now over two and a half billion. Trump went toward the building the construction site last several months.
Speaker 1: Ago with owel.
Speaker 3: Trump is a construction expert, and Trump said recently that he thinks the cost could escalate to as much as four billion dollars. And if anybody knows construction, it's Donald Trump. And I think there's I think this issue has other layers to it, and I think that they smell some fraud going on.
Speaker 1: So do you feel, in your opinion, Steve, that that this is something that Trump is trying is doing this because he does he wants interest rates lowered, which and rightfully so. He believes that'll help people, you know, make be able to sell their home, buy a new home, make things more affordable in that direction. But do you think this is this is has to do with that, or it is Trump towards the place and goes, God, this thing you know doesn't look I you should cost us much And you're right, he knows what he's talking about. What do you think is the case?
Speaker 3: Well, I think I think before Trump did his tour, this was all about pressuring Powell to lower interest rates more quickly, because every time we lower interest rates, it reduces the amount of federal debt service that we have to pay on a national debt. So the President's got an issue there, a fiscal stewardship. But I think when he toured that construction site and he looked into the details of what they were doing and how they were doing it, he was probably appalled and asked that that further be investigated. And I'll bet you they've uncovered something that makes people think that Powell's testimony before the Senate Banking Committee last year about the reasons for the cost overrun, I bet they're suspecting that he mis stated or misrepresented the truth. And I'll bet you there's something here because Congresswoman h Paula Luna Anna Paulina Luna from Florida is the one that made the criminal referral to the Justice Department because of Pal's testimony, and members of Congress don't do that lightly. And for the DOJ to have actually issued a federal subpoena to Powell to testify before grand jury, that's serious stuff. I think that's more than politics. I think I think the Trump administration is sensing either gross incompetence or worse.
Speaker 1: So when it comes to doing a project like renovating the Central Bank headquarters, Who's what does the process there? Does that have to go through Congress? Is there a vote? Or is Jerome Powell?
Speaker 4: Is he?
Speaker 1: Is he the one in control of this? Late? Like who does the buck stop with?
Speaker 3: I guess well, the Federal Board of Governors makes those decisions, and the FED is funding this out of their revenues from bank fees and things like that. So it's not tax dollars as in the classical sense, which is the case of the fraud in Minnesota with the Somali things. But no, this is cash flow within the FED. But there are four or five major factors at play here, historical regulations, environmental considerations, the fact that they are digging a seller into the water table because Washington is at sea level. There are a lot of issues that can make the cost rise. But for them to have made a criminal referral tells me there may be something more here than meets the eye.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Steve Cotton and Steve who could actually benefit from these cost overruns. I'm just curious as who could possibly line their pockets.
Speaker 3: Well, the contractors. Okay, I would not suggest that anybody was getting a kickback. That would be very common in other kinds of situations, but this is such a whole high profile project that I'm probably thinking it's closer to gross, gross mismanagement than it is fraud. But when you make a criminal referral to the Department of Justice from Congress there is you've got to have some evidence that there's something not right. And for these cost overruns to have escalated to now two and a half billion dollars, Trump is building his his banquet hall for two or three million, hundred million. Can you imagine? And this is a relatively small location, It's two buildings, but Trump Trump's comment was, guys, this has to be the most expensive real estate project in the entire world.
Speaker 1: And he's got a point. And Trump's renovations, by the way, we're all privately funded. And so just aside from from this, what do you do you think interest rates are going to come down? I mean, what is it right now? Is it five point e said? What is I'm blanking on it right now around six percent? Do you think it's going to come down?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, I think I think the Fed is on a trajectory for a long time. They said, well, we can't lower interest rates until we see what the impact of the tariff policy is. The tariff policy has been mixed in terms of its impact on inflation. There are some tariffs that have had absolutely no impact on price inflation, and then there are other tariffs, like he's put a fifty percent tariff on imported copper. Well, we can't we can't dig enough copper in the United States right now to fill the fifty percent that we have to import. So that's going to be inflationary. That ripples through you know, home buyers, home builders that put copper in homes, a copper wire, et cetera. But so there are some tariffs that are going to be inflationary. That's really been a mixed report, and I've been surprised that it hasn't been more inflationary as a general policy than it has been. But I'll give you the example with tariffs. You know, if I go to the liquor store and I want to buy my favorite scots from Scotland, and it's ninety eight dollars a bottle, then and I don't want to pay that, well, I'll just switch to a good Kentucky bourbon or something that's half the price. So buyers have the choice of switching to products and not paying tariffs and not paying higher taxes import duties if they want to. But there's some things like copper where there isn't an alternative and the higher prices have to be paid. So I think inflation is going to continue to come down. The FED is now split. There's there a group on the FED that thinks they ought to go continue to go slow. There's a group on the FED Board of Governors that think we need to get after it lower inflation, I mean lower interest rates, because inflation has come way way down. I think they're going to continue to look at this cautiously. But this kind of thing does muddy the water, and it introduces a political element into the Fed's decision making that is probably not helpful to Trump.
Speaker 2: All right, well that's Steve Conton. We will let you go, buddy. We'll see how this all shakes out. Any idea a timeframe on this?
Speaker 1: Is this on?
Speaker 2: Is this going to take a while or should it be happening in a fairly you know, quick fashion.
Speaker 3: Well, the Federal Board of Governors will meet again, probably in March, and we'll relook at the interest rate question. As far as this referral to the DOJ and Federal Grand Jury, that may take some time. But so that's why I would urge everybody to just with old judgment until you know more about why these cost overruns are so out of control, because there's a little smoke there and there might very well be fired.
Speaker 1: All right, Well that's Steve. We will let you go, buddy. Always our pleasure, thanks so much, glad to be with you. Thanks Steve.
Speaker 2: Steve Cotton our financial strategist and a policy expert. So we'll see how it all goes. Man, It's uh, this is this is above our pay grade. Really, when I see all this happening, I don't know understand the ins and outs of it.
Speaker 1: I just laughed because I mean, Trump has so much going on right now, and now now I just throws this on top of it. And you got the thing going on in Minneapolist, I guess we're going to invade Greenland soon.
Speaker 2: Well throw this Bat'm right on the pile as well. Let's check in with traffic and weather, what is going on and from.
Speaker 6: The u SEE Health Traffic Center, you See Health Women's Sports Meta Program provide specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment online ucehealth dot com. Seventy five southbound Roiler Reagan Highway to Norward Lateral sluggish through the road work, but no big delays. Southbound seventy five is filling in from Western Avenue to the Brent Spence and we do have that exit ramp still shut down Norward Lateral, the off ramp to southbound seventy one. That's because of an overturned trailer on the ramp and so down's back to Montgomery Road to clean up is underway. And remember in Kentucky, we've got two seventy five Eastpound approaching Madison Pike. Two right lanes are shut down. It's a project going at nine am to four pm all week long, and we've got about a twenty minute delay. I'm Rick Shrimp produced Radio seven hundred WDLW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonighted partly cloudy in thirty. For tomorrow clouds in the high of fifty two, it is forty two. Now New's Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Up our live stream on the iHeartRadio app and take a look at the screen. You see that little red circle with a microphone on it. That's our talkback feature. Push it and send us your thoughts on the current topic, something you think we should discuss, or anything that's rolling around at Big ol' Mellonie years the talkback feature. Check it out on seven hundred wlw's live stream on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 8: This report is sponsored by the Truth with Lisa Booth, Crime, Chaos and Consequences. I'm Lisa Booth and this week, law enforcement analyst Paul morrotalks Maduro's arrest and Senator Marshall Blackburn breaks down her push to Depoor Andina, Betty.
Speaker 1: And Rocky and Rock.
Speaker 2: I want to know the whereabouts of one Willie cunning Am.
Speaker 1: Over the weekend. What do you got?
Speaker 2: Well, this happened down in Texas. They happened. It was an early morning robbery at the Zone do Erotica. It's like a like a sex shop or something, an adult novelty shop.
Speaker 1: Rock, come on, sorry, get you I mean, I nailed it right outts out of your head. I got an account there.
Speaker 2: They mail order, they ship a knife wielding fit thief made off with two hundred and fifty dollars in cash, okay, and one hundred and fifty dollars Penis pump.
Speaker 1: You at least one hundred bucks for that on Facebook marketplace.
Speaker 2: I'm saying that's the reason I'm wondered if it was Willie and you never know with him the uh do you do? You go in there? That's one of my favorite scenes in die Hard when the Asian dude when they're getting ready to assault the cops, and the Asian Dude bricks and the reaches in the county into the candy countery pulls out. Are Reza covers up. Yeah, I mean that's what he said. Give me the two hundred and fifty oh and I'll take that pump.
Speaker 1: No, not that one. No, no, no that one. Yeah. So at last count he was still a large Well well again just check Facebook marketplace and that guy's he's put it on there. He's trying to sell it. Probably right now, maybe he's using it. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Well, that's one of those things where if you're going to try to sell it, well, okay, this work. This is a two way street.
Speaker 1: You sell it.
Speaker 2: Now are you going to buy assumingly? You're gonna have to assume that it was used?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's it. You know what I'm saying. They're all the scrubbing in the world, can't rub that. There's only one thing I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go knew, not used. Yeah, would be one of them. Absolutely. Car. Okay, I'll buy a used car. No, huhuh not the use jacket.
Speaker 4: Not a.
Speaker 2: H With that, we check in with the News News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: News Traffic and Weather.
Speaker 10: News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: Pushback against the DJs probe of the Federal Reserve with the three thirty report. I'm Sean Gallagher breaking now former Federal Reserve and Treasury officials, along with some Republicans in Congress criticizing the Justice Department's investigation and to current FED Chair Jerome Powell.
Speaker 12: The Fed chair says the grand jury subpoenis focus on his testimony to the Senate Banking Committee last June. Jerome Powell denied planning extravagant upgrades to the Central Banks headquarters. Powell says the investigation isn't about what he said or how much the project is costing.
Speaker 1: Those are pretexts.
Speaker 12: In his extraordinary video announcement, Powell said the probe is a consequence of the Fed making its own decisions on interest rates rather than following the preferences of the President. Stephen Portnoy, ABC News Washington.
Speaker 11: Hey, bipartisan group of top economic officials released a statement today calling the probe a quote unpresidented attempt to use prosecutorial attacks to undermine the Central Banks independence. Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 6: From the U SEE Health Traffic Center. You See Health Women's Sports Medicine program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment dad you See Health dot com and on Norwood Lateral Eastpound off Ramp to seventy one ramp remains shut down. Overturned trailer here being cleaned up and delay this back to Montgomery. Now, we do have seventy five sewing through the work southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood lateral southbound seventy five from Western Avenue to the Brent Spence getting a little heavy and twenty five northbound Norman Laud Little Paddock is stop and go a couple of minute delay now reported. We do have the sowdowns on two seventy five east found approaching Madison Pike in Kentucky to right lane shutdown, about a twenty minute delay. Back to seventy five. I'm rich Srimp news Radio seven hundred w B one another the latest.
Speaker 10: Weather forecast from news Radio seven hundred W wells.
Speaker 13: Mostly Sunday skies today and cool in the low forties, then warmer tomorrow with high Senier fifty. Rain moves in late Tuesday evening through Wednesday, with the chance to flip over to snow by Wednesday afternoon. Then cold the air moves in by the weekend with another chance at snow. From your severe what the station, I'm nine first one and meteorologists kJ Jacobsen's video seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: And radar at this time is currently showing a mostly sunny sky and it's forty one degrees news a service of Mike castdrewscy Chevrolet today marking the final morning rush hour for the four Street bridge in Covington connecting Covington to Newport. Froll was the century the bridge closing for good at nine o'clock this morning. Now being prepared for demolition, is set to take place to spring.
Speaker 14: Initially, they'll take it apart piece by piece over the next month or so, and then there will be an aspect of blasting that takes place. I believe that they have a netting system where they'll be able to catch a lot of the material and everything so that it doesn't go directly into the river.
Speaker 11: Jake Ryle with the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet as a new bridge will be built at its place, expected to be completed by the summer of twenty twenty eight. A man accused of fatably shooting in Ohio dentist and his wife before the new year, appearing in an Illinois court today waving his right to an extradition.
Speaker 1: Hearing Michael McKee taking into custody.
Speaker 11: Over the weekend, and now phase has upgraded aggravated murder charges when he's returned to Columbus, says McKee allegedly killed doctor Spencer Teppe and Monique Teppe at their Columbus home of December thirtieth. McKee is said to be Monique's ex husband, as the two divorced. Back in twenty seventeen, a stabbing late Sunday night and pleasant Ridge sending two people to the hospital. A Cincinnati police responded around ten thirty two Glen Gate Lane, finding a man and woman with stab wounds taking to UC Medical Center. So far nowork from police about a suspect or the conditions of the victims.
Speaker 9: Seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 15: In the NFL Wildcard Playoffs Tonight, It's Houston at Pittsburgh. The action is seven thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. College Basketball seventeen and o mimb RedHawks getting forty nine votes in this week's Associated Press College Basketball poll, putting them twenty ninth in the nation. Head coach Travis Steele a special guest who lands tonight on Sports Talk at six twenty. Elsewhere in college basketball, get the latest on Xavier tonight and the Richard Patino Show at seven on fifty five krc NKU Coaches Show at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty, Bill Edison seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: Sport Final half hour Trading on Wall Street. Currently Thedall was up fifty nine points, Nasti Cup one hundred and the SMP up thirteen points. Our an AX update is at four o'clock. I'm Shaan Gallbagher News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: News Radio seven hundred WLW and iHeartRadio Station Guarantee Human seven hundred WLW, HI Heard Radio sixteen year ols.
Speaker 1: You would recurring what I mean?
Speaker 14: Marketing text messages can sit no required to purchase message in data rates may apply.
Speaker 9: The team's looking good this season?
Speaker 1: I think so, man. I missed playing football ever since I turned from history. Nineteen sixty nine. At the Orange Bowl in Miami, the New York Jets of the AFL defeat the NFL's Baltimore Colt sixteen to seven Super Bowl three. It was most memorable for the fact that one Joe Namath guaranteed victory and he pulled it out Broadway. Joe Broadway, Joe.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now do you remember remember that game. Yeah, I mean I was a kid, but I remember it and it was one of the.
Speaker 2: I think I was what i've been eleven twelve something like that, and uh, I remember thinking Joe Namath was like the coolest guy on the planet.
Speaker 1: I using like underwear ads after that. That's that's what I made him.
Speaker 2: That that whole thing right there, and he was man, he was and then he went on. He was in movies and all kinds of stuff after that.
Speaker 1: And what was big about it was, I mean, because the a f L and NFL were merging, right, but they were still kind of seeing as like the you know, the right little small league there. And then when they actually came out and won it on top of him, guarantee it that that said the.
Speaker 2: Stage when uh I remember the when the a f L was around and and my we whatever race. I don't know why, it always sticks in my brain that we were. We would generally be at my aunt and uncle's house on Sundays, and my my dad really didn't, you know, follow football all that much, the pro football, but my uncle would be sitting there drinking beers and smoking cigarettes and watching football all day, and him watching the a f L I remember thinking, what is who watches the AFL?
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 2: And I remember the Heidi thing I was at I was at their house when that happened.
Speaker 1: So remind the listeners that so that was during the game. Was a playoff game Raiders, I'm believing, or maybe it's a Raider I want to say Raiders and Jets. I don't remember the like a yeah game on an overtime game or came down right it was?
Speaker 2: And I forget who's scored with somebody. Let's say it was the Raiders. The Raiders scored like twice in like ninety seconds or something to come back and win the game. But NBC had cut away to show Heidi, a movie based on Heidi. Yeah, if you can find that right quick, who was playing in that game? But yeah, I remember that happening because again my uncle went baton.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nineteen sixty eight AFL game between Open Raiders and the Jets, and blah blah blah. Oakland scored two touchdowns in the final minute to win the game forty three thirty two. However, NBC, the game's television broadcaster, decided to break away from its coverage on the East Coast to broadcast the television film Heidi, which and I you know, you look back as I think that's one of the moments where of many moments since that where people start to realize NFL is king right when this many people are just absolutely losing their mind over a game. That'll tell you something I would since we're talking about NFL AFL. I've been saying this for a while, but I looked at that that merger when when considering what's going on in college football these days, and how fractured it is, and what the problem how I see it is the SEC only cares about their conference, and the Big ten only cares about their conference, and Big twelve only cares about their conference. And they don't want to split money. They don't want a revenue, they don't want another conference getting a benefit that they don't get, so that they don't care. I mean, it's ultimately ruining the the greater hole of this thing we call college football. And I remember looking back and researching that one of the great things the NFL did was they didn't they themselves didn't choose to look at the AFL as something. Okay, we want to squash them, we want to punish them. No, you're gonna be our partner. And maybe this isn't like the greatest thing right now, but down the road, this is gonna benefit all of us because now we've got more teams, is gonna grow this thing. And that's exactly what college football needs to do, is look at this. This thing is a not a.
Speaker 2: Immediate every man for himself, well every conference right for himself, and that's.
Speaker 1: Something that's gonna benefit us, you know, maybe even the next three years, but in the next ten plus years. It's something that that that might not might you know, my benefit is so let's let's.
Speaker 2: Talk to Kevin and Columbus. Hey, Kevin, what do you remember about the Heidi game.
Speaker 17: Yeah, yeah, it was a regular season game.
Speaker 18: There weren't any overtime then, but you know, it's a big dual Naymans out there playing the radio. Two gunslingers, the Raiders had the Monica. And that's how AFL games were. But it got to be seven o'clock and NBC decided to switch to their regular program, you know, because games can sometimes go a little longer. And we missed a great end here in the you know, in the East coast. Yeah, the Raiders scoring two touchdowns in about ten seconds and pulling up because that set up the AFL title game where the Jets beating the Raiders back to go to the Super Bowl. But yeah, hey, David, then we love the AFL then and they pulled off that winn. And then when Kansas.
Speaker 16: City did it the next year, it wasn't no Fluke.
Speaker 4: They tried to.
Speaker 18: Say it was all Fluke when he won, when.
Speaker 4: The Jets won.
Speaker 17: Yeah, so hey, that's all I got to say, thanks, all right?
Speaker 1: And yeah, and I guess you know this was a big deal. This this you know show Annie, right, so excuse me. But they even thought like, okay, this would be great, perfect lead in got NFL. Then people be around the television. There was a kids they they get him ready for our main attraction, which is Heidi, which again today seems I mean, could you imagine any movie, any program, anything that they would shut the NFL off for. Absolutely not. Oh you look at the rating, like the top rated television programs, the top twenty five, and I think twenty four of them are NFL games, and like the twenty fifth one is the last episode of mash or something, right, So it just shows how how far things have come.
Speaker 2: Rock and other day in history news. On this date in nineteen fifty nine, a young fella had a vision about music. He borrowed eight eight hundred dollars to start his own record label on this date. That man's name Barry Gordy. Oh, he started Tambla Records, which went on to become Motown. Wow, eight hundred dollars Again, this is whatever. This is fifty nine, so a long time ago. But imagine that eight hundred bucks became the Motown empire in like ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'll say it came pretty quick. Yeah, and a right when rock and roll music was shaping the whole storybook of America and here comes Motown. Well, it was.
Speaker 2: It kind of came out of well that the black music had been popular in the fifties and stuff, and then it kind of went away when the Beatles and all that stuff blew it off the charts. And then round about sixty five sixty six the Supremes got rope bad. That's when the front Tops and the Attempts and all those guys came along. And uh so try to imagine that eight hundred bucks turned into billions, billions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, took a shot laid it all on the table and look what you created. That's the American dream right there. Well, I got an idea for a record label. Obviously I'm in a band, so I figure that's what you're getting at. You want to you want to kick this thing off the right way right and with having gun Metal, ground.
Speaker 2: Metal will be the first act we're going to sign to my new record label. How much money, I don't know how much? Yeah, where that we check in with traffic and weather, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Make it real profitable to have a record label and a daycare center on in one You could make.
Speaker 1: A ton of money, I'm sure.
Speaker 6: From the Sealth Traffic Center. U SEE Health Women's Sports Medicine program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment online u sehealth dot com. We have a two seventy five swing with the roadwork that's going to be wrapping up here in Kentucky. Approaching Madison Pike, still have about a twenty five minute delay and the work goes nine to four this week. Two right lanes are affected right now, exit ramp on Norwood Lateral east bound, the off ramp to seventy one South and we've got the ramp shut down because of the cleanup of an overturned trailer and about five minute delay back to Montgomery Road seventy five southbound as Charles of the Brent Spencer northbound seventy five Norwood Lateral to Paddock stop and go, and we're heavy through the work. Seventy five south between Ronald Reagan and Highway Norwood Lateral. A couple of minute delay here my bridge shrump. Do use radio seven hundred W d WELW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for to night partly cloudy and thirty for tomorrow clouds in the high of fifty two. It is forty two now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 19: All right, mister Penny, I'm going to say a word, and you tell me the first thing that pops into your mind.
Speaker 1: Got you doc comfortable? Scott's loan, desirable, Scott's loan. You cannot say Scott's phone every time? That all right, all right, I won't good. The word is charming a monkey, but that's good. A monkey in the jungle listening to Scott's Loan, Scott's loan, you may become obsessed.
Speaker 20: Join me Scott's Loan tomorrow morning at nine o'clock on seven hundred WL Monkey.
Speaker 1: Listening to Scott Sloan, you're telling me they don't.
Speaker 21: This report is sponsored by the Tutor Dixon Podcast.
Speaker 22: The headlines are serious and the stakes are real. Join me on the Tutor Dixon Podcast as we break down the fallout from the ice shooting in Minnesota, What happens next in Venezuela, and how fast New York City?
Speaker 2: Right back with Eddie and Rocky and Rocky you bring up Joe Nama and all of a sudden you start getting fun. We have full lines talking about James. He's a true star. Still, Let's let's talk to you. Ronald in Florida. Hey, Ron, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Buddy?
Speaker 23: Hey?
Speaker 16: I was I think it was October October sixty eight or sixty nine. The Jets just won the Super Bowl and here they are at Nippert Stadium, the Bengals I think it was the Bingles first or second year, and we're playing Joe Name It and the Jets. I couldn't afford a ticket, but we all climbed up on top of the building surrounding Knippert Stadium and watched this. It was just amazing to watch Joe Namath play. And the big thing was we were throwing the ball. The other team, the National League was running it. But it was just an exciting time. I think I was eighteen or nineteen, freshmen at the University of Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Yeah, as well, when you're eighteen, you'll climb up top of his and watch the football game.
Speaker 16: Yeah, the Tangimin Center. It's right next to Nipper Stadium.
Speaker 1: And uh, I don't only even know.
Speaker 16: How a got up there, but there was a bunch of USUF there, you know. And uh, and I don't know people remember that, but the Bengals didn't start, Uh, they started in Nipper Stadium.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well, and and things. Ron I'm I think I remember the name of the coming to town because he was he was so big man. That was the Circus coming to town, you know, Superstar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. Uh, speaking of NFL Action ed. So you know, normally, you know, this past weekend was the first round of the of the playoffs, and normally that's not usually not the most exciting games, right, And since the league expanded to a fourteen team postseason in twenty twenty, no wildcard round had ever had more than a single fourth quarter lead change across all six scheduled games. That was until yesterday. Yeah, I'm sure twelve twelve fourth quarter lead changes happened, and that they still got another game tonight, right, the Texans and the and the Steelers. And the one that was absolutely bonkers was the the Bears game. Oh big time. I mean it was twenty one to six going into the fourth quarter and they came back. And I remember because I watched some of the of the first half, and yeah, there were in you know, twenty one. It was twenty one to three at the time, and they're like, wow, but you know the Bears. They they have a lot of fourth quarter comebacks this year. But you're like, okay, come on now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So, but I think you did the same thing that I did. I yeah, I told my wife. We were just sitting around watching football and stuff, and I was like, I gotta still I'm gonna just do piddly stuff around the house and I waste my time watching this. So you know, the game's on it he goes, you should probably come back in here, and I was like, I'm gonna whatever, And we started talking and uh and put something else on. Then I saw later on that the Bears came back and one I was like, I know, I'm an idiot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing. That's again, it's the it's the greatest television program there is. It's so drama filled, there's great person I mean, it's absolutely king, which is kind of what has got us talking about this, right, you know. And it all started kind of going back to you know, Joe Joe Namath and super Bowl three guaranteeing victory and coming up big, and it's it's grown leaps and bounds since.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Tom and Fairfield about Joe Namath. Hey, what do you got on Joe Namath?
Speaker 24: Tom, Well, I heard you mentioned about the movie. How are you guys doing? First of all, I can picture him. I remember watching it with my brothers. I have older brothers at the time, maybe I was ten or eleven, But the opening scene, he was a biker that bike club. He would walk it through like a Kroger, just went around, made himself a little sandwich, ate it all, and just pay for a pack of gum when he left the store. I wish I could remember the name of that movie.
Speaker 1: Whatever. Hey, Tom, that was that was CC and Company.
Speaker 4: Company.
Speaker 16: That's right, Thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Because I have a I have a similar story. My my brother used to make me go to the drive in with him because his his girlfriend's parents would let him go to the drive in with her unless he had somebody with him. So they would take me and h and me and her little sister to the drive in, and my brother would make us sit on the hood of the car.
Speaker 1: Yeah he was, I guess he was in there eating popcorn and whatnot. I don't know what they were doing and having a chat.
Speaker 25: Uh.
Speaker 1: But why did the parents think by simply sending you and the sister that that would cut down on any hanky panky.
Speaker 2: Well, I look, my brother didn't care. I know. All I knew was that if I ever came turned around, let alone act like I was going to get in the car, he would curb stop me. Yes, And I was smart enough to realize that I should not do that.
Speaker 1: So funny, that's just funny that the parents are like, I don't want our daughter, you know, right making out with this guy. I know, let's send I have an idea and his sister and the brother, and that'll cut down on all.
Speaker 2: That stuff, and then I ended up going out with the sister double screw up on dad's part, correct God. And then they weren't thinking very hard. They ended up making us break up because blah blah blah, such a bad influence. Maybe I'd lie about where we were going one time, but anyways, I had to give back my class rooing in the whole nine yards.
Speaker 1: It was drama. Bro Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So coming up next, we have a guest talking about our friends, the gen Zers. Hey, gen Z guys, we're not picking on you, no, but you're interested. But they're interesting to us.
Speaker 1: You make interesting decisions and joys, and we will talk about one of those coming up here.
Speaker 2: It's the gen Z in the workplace. Tried to figure it out after the news News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: News Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 20: Day in court for the guy accused of killing a dentist and his wife in Columbus. This is the four o'clock report. I'm Matt Reeves, breaking now latest this afternoon on suspect Michael McKee. He's the doctor's accused of murdering his ex wife, Monique Teppi and her husband Spencer, at their home in Columbus on December thirtieth. Their two children were unharmed. Today, McKee in court in Illinois, where he waived extradition, will be transported back to Columbus.
Speaker 1: Relatively short hearing.
Speaker 26: The entire thing lasted just about a minute and thirty four seconds. Michael McKee set his name when asked by the judge, but otherwise his public defender did most of the talking, and in court she said he will assert his right to remain silent, he will assert his right to plead not guilty, and he waved his right to extradition.
Speaker 1: So he will be eventually making.
Speaker 26: His way back to Ohio where he will face charges aggravated murder charges in Franklin County.
Speaker 20: ABC's Alex Perez's police tracked down the suspects car thanks to surveillance video near the victims home. Police say they soon found that car in Rockford, Illinois, evidence allegedly linking at back to McKee. Court record show Monique was married to McKee in twenty fifteen, divorced in twenty seventeen. Doctor McKee, the suspect, thirty nine years old, been on the run until Saturday, when police in Illinois took him into custody. The roads for you this afternoon. We have the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 6: From the UCE Health Traffic Center, and you see Women's Health Sports Medicine program provides specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment online you seehealth dot com. Seventy five is sowing southbound approaching Mountain Zion Road in Kentucky. Just getting word of an accent taking up the right lane, and we're looking at seventy five traffic sowing southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral through the road work as their Charles to the Brent Spence Bridge is solving on seventy five northbound seventy five Norwood Ladel to Paddock, about a five minute trip. Seventy one northbound between Stewart and Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway is slowing as well, and the cleanup continues on Norwood Lateral. The exit the eastbound off ramp between seventy one shutdown because of an overturned trailer, and work on two seventy five eastboun approaching Medicine Pike wrapping up. It's ninetem to four pm daily. We've got about a half hour delay right now. I'm Rick Shrump News Radio seven hundred wd WELW Now the.
Speaker 7: Latest forecast from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Better for Less.
Speaker 27: We stay mostly clear tonight and temperature is not as cold, only falling to thirty one for your Tuesday morning. Tomorrow afternoon, we'll start to see a few more clouds and it will be breezy and warmer. Highs near fifty degrees. The late Tuesday couple hit and mislight showers begin to move in, continuing into Wednesday morning. With the loan near forty from your severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning Meter AB the just Mark Stins News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Forty four degrees.
Speaker 20: In Cincinnati City Council's Budget Finance Governance Committee has been meeting an executive session much of this afternoon as they discuss a possible settlement between the City of Cincinnati and the family of Ryan Hinton. He was shot and killed by Cincinnati police last year. Police union is fiercely against any settlement. Hinton's father ran over and killed a Hamilton County ship Ariage deputy after seeing video of his son's shooting. The trial of Alex Tchirvinsky is supposed to begin today, but now it's been continued until February tenth at the request of the prosecution. Tchervinsky was a key figure in the brawl in downtown Cincinnati over the summer, who is not only a suspect but a victim. The city solicitor says a witness did not show up worried about his safety, and this is the second time the case has been continued, and the judge says it will be the last. Tchavinsky's attorney maintains his client did nothing wrong and was trying to protect himself and his friends who were beaten. Seven others arrested in the fight was caught on video are black, Javinsky is white. Latest from Iran, there are now pro government protesters countering those anti government rallies. About six hundred people have died so far in the demonstrations against the current Iranian leadership. This is President Trumps, the spokesperson Caroline Levitt talking about Iran and its willingness now to negotiate with the US.
Speaker 28: Diplomacy is always the first option for the President. He's told all of you last night that what you're hearing publicly from the Iranian regime is quite differently from the messages the administration is receiving privately, and I think the President has an interest in exploring those messages.
Speaker 20: A ten year deal between the Cincinnati Reds and Xavier University of Partnership to signed to benefit students today.
Speaker 29: It's a new ten year collaboration that will grant students access to real world learning experiences through internship and job shadowing opportunities inside of Great American Ballpark. The Reds Monday morning announced that Xavier is officially the university of the franchise and this new partnership is going to be celebrated during the Musketeers men's basketball game at the Cintas Center Wednesday night and at Redsfest this weekend. Team owner Bob Castellini said in a statement that uniting the strengths of Xavier students, faculty, teams, and alumni with Red's operations will make a lasting impact for years to come. I'm Rick yu Chino, Who's Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 9: Seven one hundred WLW sport.
Speaker 15: In the NFL Wildcard Playoffs tonight. It's Houston at Pittsburgh The Action at seven thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty College Basketball seventeen and O mimb Readhawks getting forty nine votes in this week's Associate at Press College Basketball poll, putting them twenty ninth in the nation. Head coach Travis Steele a special guest with Lance Tonight on Sports Talk at six twenty. Elsewhere in college basketball, get the latest on Xavier tonight on The Richard Patino Show at seven on fifty five krc NKU Coaches Show at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty, Bill Edison seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 20: Right up against the Clothes on Wall Street, and the Dow is up eighty six points, SP five hundred up eleven Nastac Cup twenty one. Next News at four thirty Matt Reees News Radio seven hundred double DYLW.
Speaker 7: This report is sponsored by O Keef's Working Hands Handcream.
Speaker 30: That number on your dash says it's freezing and your dry winter hands.
Speaker 1: They agree, Oh Keith's Working hast answer.
Speaker 7: This nationwide keyword on our website dollar that's dollar answer it now.
Speaker 18: Rock.
Speaker 2: The headline is survey gen Z workers are ghosting jobs, ditching bosses and chasing side hustles. Then you read on through the article and we'll get into the meat of that. But one little thing caught my eye here that is part of a survey earlier this year found twenty six percent of talking about side hustles, twenty six percent of gen Z workers are using online gambling.
Speaker 1: For extra cash.
Speaker 2: Wow, and fourteen percent are creating content on only fans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like everyone has a side hustle these days, and if you don't, then it's like you're doing something wrong. And throughout I'd say, up until probably ten years ago or five years ago, the trend was you got into it job early in life and you stuck it out and you stay there. And I mean my mom, you know, worked in North Side Banks, started there the day after she graduated high school, worked there for forty four and a half years. And that that just doesn't happen anymore. With the with the gen Z crop. Well, to discuss, we have our guest Jessevillico.
Speaker 2: Jeff is a he's a speaker. Come on, Jeff, you're a Hall of Fame, You're a Hall of Fame speaker.
Speaker 1: Come on. That's awesome, Great, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you so Jeff, what is it with these because we're always we always say we pick on them. But man, there's always some article like this out there, like like Rock was saying, I think the Yeah, as part of this article, the average gen Z job stint last just one point eight years. So it's not like people there are no careers anymore. Man, what's up with that?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 5: Man, Yeah, you said it earlier about you know, working for a company for forty years.
Speaker 17: I mean that was kind of the way it was, right, you know, similar.
Speaker 5: Like my grandfather worked for General Electric for you know, many decades, got his pensiont and like that was that was the deal. Right Now, everybody's a free agent. Everybody's jumping around moving I mean everything from like nil you know, if athletes to you know, like you said, creators and content creators.
Speaker 17: Everybody's kind of looking.
Speaker 5: For like a lateral move to shift a little bit, to get an angle, to get some leverage, to move up a little bit. And there's no kind of allegiance or or you know, long term commitment to an entity an organization. And it's funny you talk about side hustles there in the opening. I think I think people often mistake side hustles as like a search for money, and I think it's really more of a search for meaning because what you know what, gen Z doesn't often find work they can find through a side hustle because they have agency with their side hustle, because they're in charge, right, so whatever they want to do, you know, everything from uh, you know, the example of you to referenced. You know, I think it's easy to say always want more money, and I think that's not it.
Speaker 17: I think it's not I.
Speaker 5: Think it's not like a greed thing.
Speaker 25: I think it really is more of an agency and meaning thing. The corollary to that is at work. I don't think it's like all these gen Zers are lazy, right, I think it's a disconnection ideas.
Speaker 17: They're not.
Speaker 1: They're not lazy.
Speaker 5: If they had work that they found meaningful, they would be incredibly.
Speaker 17: You know, industrious and passionate about it.
Speaker 31: Just they're not.
Speaker 5: They're not finding the meaning in the same way.
Speaker 17: I think that other generations have in the past.
Speaker 1: So Jeff, let's dive into that. If it is in fact that gen Zers with relatively the same jobs that you know that a past generations found fulfillment in, why can't gen zers. Is this a you know, a decreasing of our attention span thing, an instant gratification thing. What is why can't people find meaning in a job and make it a career anymore?
Speaker 4: Yes, it's an interesting question.
Speaker 5: I think it's pretty complicated, and I'm not going to claim that I'm a generational expert by any means, but I'll pretend to be.
Speaker 17: On for the purposes of this conversation.
Speaker 5: But I've studied influence quite a bit, and I did this research study all about well, you know what I call every day day influence. And I coined that term everyday influencer because people tend to think that being an influencer is about having a number of followers or a certain sighs of a platform, a title, et cetera. And my own personal story, I'm a Las Vegas headliner, a long time headliner, have my own show in Las Vegas, and I got started with everything because I got picked to be a volunteer by a street performer many years ago, before the Internet, before social media, and he would never consider himself an influencer, but through his kindness in that moment that we shared together in front of everybody, with the lights and the sound and the rush of the crowd and all that. I mean that changed my life forever, quite literally. That was an inflection point for me. And I actually found this performer online when I got my own show in Vegas. I reached out to him and I thanked him, and it was quite an emotional conversation because you could tell that he had never really thought of himself in that way, and that reframe for him was powerful and I think kind of shifted, you know, kind of the way that he thought about his career.
Speaker 17: And his life.
Speaker 5: So anyway, this term everyday influencer I love because you know, it kind of gets back to the identity right when you put the R on the word influence. Now you're talking about identity, right, because if you say, are you a influencer?
Speaker 4: Sometimes that feels a little icky.
Speaker 17: To hear, Like I don't know if I was like it, right, because it has.
Speaker 5: That connotation of like I'm trying to tell you something, I'm trying to market, I'm trying.
Speaker 4: To use my platform for an ulterior motive or in a manipulative way.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 5: But everyday influencers are key in the workplace and outside because everyday influencers are the people that make you feel seen and heard and actually you know, listen to and when you have everyday influencers in the workplace, people do sticker out, including gen Z, because they genuinely like their environment, they feel connected to the people they work with, and they feel like they're kind of they're seen in a bigger context like their work matters.
Speaker 2: We're talking to Jeff Sivillico and Jeff that I think that's where Rock and I especially I'm a bit older than Rock, and it just always once I got into a job, I didn't pursue a job unless I was pretty sure that I wanted to pursue it as a career in some waste shape or fashion. And it seems like these guys are just getting into something and trying and trying it on for size. You know, Okay, I wonder if this is what I like? Well, I kind of knew what I wanted to do and pursued it. Is that what they're looking for, just kind of like, Okay, I'll try this and see if I like it, and then okay, then I'll try Does that makes sense?
Speaker 5: Yeah, absolutely, I think so, because if you think about it, the gatekeepers are gone now right, anyone really can do anything, and so if you had all of those.
Speaker 4: Options available to you, wouldn't you.
Speaker 5: Want to check check it out and kind of you know, date.
Speaker 4: So to speak before you go steady?
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, it makes sense, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Think a lot of it was maybe a lack of awareness.
Speaker 17: You know, I'm not you know.
Speaker 5: Not judging anything here, but you think about what the Internet has done in terms of opening up everything right now, I mean kids with that now sound like a get get off my lawn like kids today, like kids.
Speaker 4: Today you know, grow up with with a phone in hand.
Speaker 5: As a performer even I'll tell you now, it's challenging because performers kids grow up with video and they can all edit video, and they can all stream and build these platforms, and then they can't actually do a show because they're not like.
Speaker 4: There's all sizzle and no substance.
Speaker 5: But they can they can brand and promote and market and monetize themselves as this brand in a way that a lot of the you know, older performers can't. And it's it's it's really challenging.
Speaker 16: Right.
Speaker 4: So in other words, I bring that.
Speaker 5: Up because if if the barrier to entry is gone for so many things now with you know, just YouTube at Google it, you know, use AI, write just some code, build a website. You know you don't know anything about online marketing, ask shat GVT, you know, give you a plan and figure it out, write the scripts, you know. I mean it's it's the possibilities now are just overwhelming and limit less, and I think that makes people not want to necessarily settle down. I mean, you see as a dating too, right, but we're talking about careers because people are always thinking maybe there's a better option out there, Maybe there's something I'm going to like more that's going to be a.
Speaker 4: Better fit for me.
Speaker 1: I think you hit the nail on the head. And I also think that's why younger people are getting married less and less for that same reason. The possibilities, the options are endless, right. You got Instagram? You got you know, so why should I you know?
Speaker 31: Mary?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 1: You know Mary Sue here, who's grow up in my hometown. You've seen these chicks on Instagram, you know what I mean, Like, your mind just starts to get unrealistic about the amount of options you have. I don't know if you know who it? Yeah, And I don't know if you know better than Sue right exactly, And and look, I can show you ten of them right now, and and you know, so I think that's part of it. But I don't know if you know Scott Galloway is, But yeah, he and I probably disagree on everything politically, but I think he's a smart guy. And he always talks about how, you know, usually like like the best careers and the ones where people are making a lot of money is in something that's totally boring, because that means there's not like a lot of people in that industry, right, and so sometimes you got to you know, not go for the sizzle of some exciting career, go into iron or smelting. He always talks about because there's a crap load of money you could make and you could probably find a lot of fulfillment in that.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: And and by the way, that this is like a whole other conversation which I which I love. But yes, you're talking now about the like do you need to find your passion?
Speaker 4: You know? Do you need to does everybody have a passion?
Speaker 17: You just got to find it?
Speaker 4: Is that the key to happiness?
Speaker 5: It's like, you know, or do you want to be the iron iron or smelting goat goat right, and you know, make a ton of money and then fulfill all your passions of you know, fly fishing and traveling the world and you know, doing whatever you want to do, Uh, be the best pickleball guy, you know whatever. And I completely you know, I get that, and I I see the logic of that.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 5: I'm not one who who has to say, you know, you have to find this kidden passion or.
Speaker 4: This secret it's it's there for you, because I do.
Speaker 5: Believe a lot of passion comes from being excellent at something. Because again you're talking about agency and feeling you know, authority and command and and really really knowing your stuff right, being respected among your peers, your colleagues in the industry, and having that confidence and respect for yourself that.
Speaker 17: Comes with that.
Speaker 5: So yeah, although although it's kind of funny, at the end of the day, I show up and juggle and tell tell jokes, and I'm and I'm the guy who's saying, like, you know, yeah, iron or.
Speaker 1: Smelting, But I think again, and maybe we're getting off topic, but you found out you had a talent at that or I couldn't do that. Eddie couldn't do that, right, But you had a talent of that, and that that talent turned that into a passion, not I have a passion for this and that turns it. No, it's it's kind of the other way around, like find your talent. You were good at at juggling and performing and all that, and and that became a passion versus I think people want the you know, they feel passionate about something, but you know what, you're not good at it, right. Like I told my dad went in seventh grade, I wanted to be a singer, and he said, all right, we'll go ahead and sing something for me. And I sung and he said, you know what, son, you have some talents in life, but singing one of them. All right, yeah, going to iron ore, smelting or radio one word for real, or.
Speaker 5: I can take this one one step further here. So you said, you know you had a passion for you know, juggling and performing. Okay, here's here's what really happens. People look at you kind of at a certain point and a retrofit and narrative assuming that you've always had that as your passion, and when you woke up and you were good.
Speaker 4: You're like, oh, so.
Speaker 17: So frustrating because I don't have something like that.
Speaker 5: I never had a passion for, you know, writing papers on influence and doing ynote speaking and you know, performing in Vegas and what it takes a producer show. I was ten years old, just fooling around in my in my kitchen, you know, doing little shows and trying to be the center of attention as the youngest of three boys. Right, I just kept pulling on that thread, and I stayed open and I stayed curious.
Speaker 4: So what started off.
Speaker 5: As juggling because and now I know, I was an athletic kid and I was an artistic kid, and juggling allowed me to combine both. Right, you have to be fit and coordinated to juggle, but you also now are an artist. When you're performing, you're building routines, building a show. I was the youngest of three boys, so I wanted my own thing. So juggling was uniquely me. That's why it was cooler and more fun to me than you know, just playing on the soccer team or being in the school play. I was just a juggler, Right, we're back to identity now. It gave me an identity. Okay, So then I pulled on that thread and started doing shows at children's hospitals and you know, nursing homes and USO Air Force bases.
Speaker 4: In high school.
Speaker 5: In college, I founded a nonprofit that actually connects professional entertainers with the children's hospitals all over the country. We serve one hundred plus children's hospitals, right It's called Win Win Charity.
Speaker 4: That I never knew where that was going.
Speaker 5: I never had any vision of that, but people say, wow, how did you know?
Speaker 4: I wish I had this.
Speaker 5: Passion that I didn't really have that from the beginning, but I did stay open and I.
Speaker 4: Did stay curious, you know.
Speaker 5: So I think that's a really big piece of this is, you know, don't don't think that you all you.
Speaker 4: Have to have it figured out. We're kind of coming back.
Speaker 5: To the full circle here of why gen Z and younger folks want to try different things because you know, because you can now right like, and you can kind of follow a passion, and it might take a different platform, might it might take different industry or different community, but you know, eventually, if you stay open and curious, keep pulling on that thread, you'll you'll get to some really good stuff.
Speaker 4: You know, where the passions and skill sets intersect.
Speaker 17: That's like the sweet spot.
Speaker 2: All right with the great stuff, Jeff. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Man. People want to find out more about you. Where can they go?
Speaker 5: Absolutely, thank you for having me, Jeffsivilico dot com.
Speaker 17: And I can't make this up with the timing, guys.
Speaker 5: I just dropped my comedy special on Prime and Apple TV and YouTube TV today.
Speaker 17: It's called a Sweet Biblical Comedy and Action.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, good stuff, buddy, everything out. I'll check it out tonight. Man, thanks so much. All right, thank you guys, take care, Thanks.
Speaker 2: Jeff, Jeff for Sivilico. With that, we check in with traffic and weather.
Speaker 6: What is going on from the UC Health Traffic Center. You See Health's Women's Sports Medicine program provide specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Scheduling appointment online U seehealth dot com. We've got seventy five sowing through the work Ronaldigan Highway to Norwood Lateral. It's about a five minute drive. Delays to gold Berth and seventy five south as the Charles of the Brent Spence and northbound seventy five. Mitchell to Pattick is stopping. So we do have seventy one between Rage and Ronald Reagan and Cross cunning eye wave about an eight minute trip. Now my Rick Shrump produce Radio seven hundred double do well W.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW Weather Center forder n party cloudy and thirty four tomorrow clouds in the high of fifty two it is forty two. Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Bill Cunningham is the sound of America. When I listened to Willie, I get all American goosebump. He oozes the American dream. My toad got infected and was oozing this yellowy puff stuff. But it didn't stop me from listening.
Speaker 22: To Willy americ I had a tapeworm and still listen to Willie.
Speaker 1: I still listen even with my pro lapsed hemorrhoids. Nothing can stop us from listening to Bill Cunningham. I am a great American.
Speaker 7: Bill Cunningham tomorrow at twelve noon on seven hundred W l W.
Speaker 21: This report is sponsored by Miami Velly get Ready to Get Lucky at Miami balla gaming with over.
Speaker 10: Twenty two hundred traffic and weather. News Radio seven hundred w l Jallique, Cincinnati.
Speaker 11: A double murder suspect will soon be back in Ohio to face upgraded charges with the four to thirty report. I'm Sean Galbager breaking now, a man accused of shooting and killing a Columbus dentist and his wife before the new year, appearing in an Illinois courtroom today waving his right to an extradition hearing.
Speaker 24: This hearing lasted just a few minutes, less than five minutes.
Speaker 1: McKee walked in wearing a jail suit. He was in shackles. He showed no emotion.
Speaker 11: Cea levine with ABC six and Columbus outside the courtroom in Rockford, Illinois. When doctor Michael McKee has returned to Franklin County, he's facing new charges of premeditated aggravated murder, which were upgraded. McKee was once married to Monique Teppe, but divorced in twenty seventeen. She and her husband, doctor Spencer Teppee, a dentist, were found dead after being shot in their Columbus home December thirty eight. Now the latest traffic and weather together.
Speaker 6: From the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You See Health's Women's Sports medicine program provides specialized care for female athletes in all levels. Schedule and appointment online at u sehealth dot com. And we have so downs with seventy five volumes picking up southbound Ronald Reagan Highway to Norwood, lateral delays to Goldbrith and southbound seventy five Asar Charles to the Brens Spence Bridge Stop and go northbound seventy five Mitchell de Paddock is sluggish. Seventy one solos northbound Ridge to Ronald Reagan Cross County Highway. In Kentucky, we have the two seventy five approaching Madison Pike right lanes shut down. Now this project, though has We're going daily nine am to four pm with the two right lanes shutdown. Traffic is though moving better through that area Norwood. Later the eastbound off ramp to southbound seventy one the exit ramps still shut down for cleanup of an overturn trailer. My Rick shrump Here's Radio seven hundred.
Speaker 10: W WEE n of the latest weather forecast from news Radio seven hundred w wel JO.
Speaker 1: We stay mostly clear and dry.
Speaker 27: Overnight temperature is only dropping to thirty one for Tuesday morning tomorrow afternoon. A few more clouds, but we get a little bit windy and warmer, near.
Speaker 1: Fifty degrees late Tuesday.
Speaker 27: In early Wednesday, some hit and miss rain begins to move into the tri State, but only cooling off to forty degrees. From your severe weather station, I'm nine first Warning meter Abogus Mark Stitz, News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 11: And radar at this time is showing a mostly sunny sky and our current temperature is coming into forty two degrees. News a service of Low t Center. The trial for a man who has both the victim and suspect in last summer's brawling downtown Cincinnati has once again seen his trial has been delayed after it was set to begin today. The request to again continue Alex Kravinski's trial came from the city solicitor, with the prosecution saying one of their witnesses did not appear. If you're faring for or is safety. A new trial date has not yet been determined. Shravinsky facing a disorderly conduct charge. The four Street Bridge in Covington closed this morning, set for demolition in the spring. The nearly century old bridge, which has carried traffic between Covington and Newport will be replaced by a brand new bridge and is expected to open by the summer of twenty twenty eight. For those who used to walk or bike across the four street bridge, Tank is now providing a route called the Licking RiverLink, which is a free shuttle service running from six am to eleven pm Monday through Friday and ten am to eleven pm on the weekends. That loop includes stops along Central Avenue at tenth and eighth Streets in Newport, as well as six at Isabella Street and Isabella at ninth Street. Covington stops will be at green Up Street at ninth and fifth, along with Scott Street at sixth and Scott at eleventh Street. Cincinnati base Jeff Ruby Restaurant Group, settling in a class action lawsuit filed by former employees who alleged they were not paid tips that they had earned. Jeff Ruby Culinary Entertainment has agreed to pay just north of one point five million dollars toward a settlement fund that will be available to more than seven hundred service bartenders and server assistants settling the lass without admitting any wrongdoing, and they have denied violating the law in any respect.
Speaker 9: Seven one hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 15: In the NFL Wildcard Playoffs, Tonight, it's Houston at Pittsburgh. The action is seven thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. College Basketball seventeen and o mimb RedHawks getting forty nine votes in this week's Associated Press College Basketball poll, putting them twenty ninth in the nation. Head coach Travis Steele a special guest who lands tonight on Sports Talk at six twenty. Elsewhere in college basketball, get the latest on Xavier tonight on The Richard Patino Show at seven on fifty five krc NKU Coaches Show at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty, Bill Edison, seven hundred WLW Sports.
Speaker 11: Final numbers on Wall Street Today, the DOW gaining eighty six points, Nastick up sixty three, and the SMP top eleven points. Our next update is at five o'clock. I'm Sean Galbager. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: News Radio seven hundred WLW, and iHeart Radio Station Guaranteed Human seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 32: HI Heart Radio.
Speaker 1: News Man. You like news, I like it too, and rock. We don't often have guests in the studio, Yes, in this case is a big guest ed Cincinnati Coaching Royalty. Here, Mike Blout of the Roger Bacon is here with us today. Mike, you're the best man. What's going on? Thank you. I appreciate you guys having me on. Yeah, everything's going well, absolutely so, So tell us all what's going on in the land of.
Speaker 30: Roger Bacon these days. Well, so Thursday is our big celebration. It's our fifty fifth annual Sports Stag. So we're the oldest stag in the city and we've had some distinguished winners over the year, yourself made. One of them was years ago. Five years ago, that's five now. Yeah, in five years, been a good time. George Vogel had fireball, yes, and yeah. Yeah, we might have broke records for drinking fireball on stage that night. Yeah, yeah, Lord, George broke the record.
Speaker 1: Rocky and I were just witnesses. Yeah, we had a couple of the bulgar that was handled by George. Yes. Yeah, but we had a good time.
Speaker 16: Yes.
Speaker 1: So that was that's our big night. And so this year our.
Speaker 30: Good Fellowship Award is Sean Casey, uh so, the mayor, and he ironically is receiving the Tom Arble Good Fellowship Award. And uh, you know at Roger Bacon, Tom Robble was our mayor. He was everybody loved him, beloved, coach teacher, was there for years and years and unfortunately we lost him a number of years back. And so, uh, Sean Casey getting this award, it's very very fitting, very similar personalities, right absolutely.
Speaker 1: And I've told you, I told you off here. But I've seen over the years a lot of people speak and do the guest speaker stag thing. He's the best. He's the best I've seen. He's gonna just knock knock it down. Yeah, I don't have a great that's what we're expecting. Yeah, funny, the whole deal. Everything you want out of a speaker. So so that'd be great. Well, I think we were we were talking. You're going to have to shut him down, man, you' oh yeah, he'll keep going, He'll just keep going.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Flick the lights, yeah yeah.
Speaker 30: Well yeah, you know, our our crowd likes to stick around for a while, you know, because the beer will be flowing and guys will be having a good.
Speaker 1: One of the best bags, if not the best in town. I've always heard them to a bunch of them and they do a great job there and you have a beer.
Speaker 30: It'll be a good time. So, uh, you know, we have uh, we got great food, you know, Hammond's. Uh they sponsor our VIP room and they bring a great spread of food for all the guys in the VIP area. And then the main dinner is sponsored by our very own buddy, Loroso Bacon grab Uh. So Buddy's been very very generous to us for a lot of years now. And so everybody eats well, we drink well, and we have a really good time awesome. And then we gotta we got a new MC this year because normally I do it.
Speaker 1: And I'm getting the.
Speaker 30: Coaches Award this year, which is kind of weird that I got to talk about me getting the base of its your ward.
Speaker 1: Make sure you give yourself a great interrodug Yeah, so I'd like to introduce me.
Speaker 30: Yes, so I'm stepping down on Alex Meacham is taking my spot. Okay, so you see bear Cat, yeah you know, and uh Bacon Grant. He was actually in my first class that I ever taught. I actually taught Alex way back when I was young. He's deep in the Cincinnati basketball scene. Correct, Yes, and Alex will do a great job. You know he's he's on TV quite a bit doing his basketball sports program. So uh looking forward to having Alex there and uh so, uh you know he he's going to take over the program this year with mo mo is Our our our key emc.
Speaker 1: Uh so he'll be the one doing the question and answers with Sean. So looking forward to it. Nice. Nice Now. Now, I was just I just drove by Roger Bacon the other day. There's some construction going on there. There is, Yes, what's going on.
Speaker 30: Yeah, we're getting a that's a ten million dollar edition onto the building and it's a it's a chapel, meeting places offices. Uh so, yeah, it's it's under construction. So the parking will be at a premium on Thursday. But we got a lot of you know, the neighbors are really great, so we got a lot of they'll be street parking. Saint John Cemetery, which is right across the street, will be taking parking places as well, and then the Friars Club. Yeah, so that'll be our biggest problem is getting people in or getting people parked.
Speaker 1: But once they're in they're gonna have a good time.
Speaker 2: And what are the ins and outs of it? Mike Forest time as stuff goes.
Speaker 30: So it's the doors open at six and there's basically a big reception from six to seven thirty, big social and that's where all the food and drinks will be. You know, I'll be partaking a little bit, and then VIP reception up in our fine arts center that we have tickets for the VIP area one hundred and fifty bucks for the general admission at seventy five, and then at eight o'clock everybody comes together in our big gym, the Fogerty Center for the major or the main part of the program that evening.
Speaker 1: In Michael Rose will be in house. Oh yeah, absolutely, he's the best. Yeah, the Lorosa family, the base of Itch family. Yes, it'll be really nice, very cool, good And how many years you guys have been doing this? This is number fifty five?
Speaker 30: Wow, technically fifty six, but we lost one because of COVID, so fifty five and so yeah, you were at.
Speaker 1: The fiftieth one fiftieth, that's it. He had to have a special guest. How much did that cost you? Exactly a little money into the table for the church. He had to drive George on that. Yeah, I'm telling you, man, that was a fun night and George was in rare form by George is a great guy.
Speaker 2: I mean, let me ask you, Mike, as for fifty five years, you have to have had some really interesting people involved in this thing.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and whatnot? Yes, we had real a couple of those all for us.
Speaker 30: Yeah, we've had Anthony Muno's Chris Collinsworth. When I was a little kid, my dad was a big part of this. So it's kind of come full circle that I'm in charge of it now. And so when I was a little kid, I remember being there with Dad and Pete Rose and Joe Morgan and Spark Anderson would all show up. Marty and Joe, they were around all the time. Like I was a little kid, I would see them at Bacon because they would come to the Stag Wow and I'd be down there helping Dad.
Speaker 1: He'd make me unload the car or whatever.
Speaker 30: And so, you know, we've had some big, big names of people that you know, Chris Collinsworth has been there lap them. Obviously a lot of local guys you know that have received it. And then you know, lately we branched out a little bit. We had Ocho Sinko a couple of years back. We had Chris Carter last year. Uh so we've had some big, big names come through. What about Uh Corey Kiner, Where's where's he? He ended up with up with the Cardinals, and uh, I believe he'll be there Thursday night. Nice and so Yeah, he ended up with the Cardinals and had a really good, uh couple games with them. He started out with the forty nine ers, ended up with the Vikings for practice squad, then ended.
Speaker 1: Up with the Cardinals. Gotcha. Yeah, I couldn't remember if it was Cardinals first, then Niners or Niners then Cardinals. So so good. He's one of the Roger Bacon's finest. Well, Michael, I really appreciate you stipping by. Tell us one more time. Where the details and where folks you can get tickets?
Speaker 30: Yeah, then go to Roger Bacon dot org and we have VIP tickets are one fifty General Admissioner seventy five and they can go to the go to the website, get their tickets and they'll be at will call or they can pay at the door when they get there.
Speaker 1: Very cool.
Speaker 2: Mike, We appreciate it. Man great, thanks you so much, thanks for having me. All right with that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on well.
Speaker 6: From the u SEE Health Traffic Center. You see Health Women's Sports Medicine program provide specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment online you see health dot com. We have seventy one something before five for now with an accident blocking the left lane. Also picked up a problem on two seventy five. This is westbound after Princeton Pike with a crash and police are on the scene on seventy five southbound before Twelfth Street in Kentucky, getting reports of an accident here that has a cruise getting that taking care of It's off on the right shoulder Hamilton Roosevelt Avenue. An accident is sowing north bound Mitchell to Paddock. That's up to about a ten minute trip seventy one north bound Ridge to Roma Reagan Cross County Highway. We're looking at the traffic sewing here and to seventy five does is still solow a bit eastbound approaching Madison Pike in Kentucky. Still about a ten minute to lay the good news is that roadwork is wrapped up for the day, so traffic is moving a bit better. Mind Rich Revenues Radio seven hundred WDLW.
Speaker 2: The forecast from a seven hundred WLW weather center for tonight partly cloudy in thirty For tomorrow clouds in the high of fifty two, it is forty two. Now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 1: Meet Heidi Johnson.
Speaker 33: Heidi and her husband had their first baby while listening to my show. From the very beginning, that little one heard the latest news, weather, traffic, sports, and of course my fun filled Brennaman wett Well Today that child is the smartest kid in daycare and probably will be.
Speaker 1: Is it it someday?
Speaker 10: Heidi Johnson Another Tom Brenneman's success story.
Speaker 33: I can't take all the credit, but I will take.
Speaker 1: Some of it.
Speaker 10: Begin your own success story with Tom Brenneman Tomorrow morning at five am on seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by Mel's Auto Glass. Mel's Auto Glass is.
Speaker 2: All Right back with Eddie and Rocky.
Speaker 1: And Tonight on Sports Talk Lance has Travis Steele, head coach of your undefeated Mimi RedHawks, and also Brandon Phillips that dude, BP dad, dude. Huh, that's cool. That guy was cool big time. Yeah, was he gonna what's he talking about? No, I have no idea. I haven't, I haven't. I don't know what he's up to these days.
Speaker 2: I he was on my morning show one time, and it was right around Christmas time, and he was my son, Luke's favorite ballplayer. And Luke was probably in about second grade. I want to say something like that. And so I told I told Deb hold him out of school and bring him into the show so he can meet Brandon. So Deb deb go tells the teacher Luke's kind of dentist appointment in the morning, so he's gonna be coming in late. Yeah, and uh so tears like, okay, just get him here when you can. Well, she never thought that the teacher listened to the show sitting there talking about my kids sitting on Brandon Phillip's lap. And uh the next time, well, the teacher was very cool about it. And I was like, oh, so Luke had to go to the Denis Oh yeah, yeah, Oh that's funny. They stopped by the radio station.
Speaker 34: Off the way.
Speaker 1: There's office right next door. Yeah, She's probably like you should have just said he's missing school because he's gonna meet Brandon and Phillips.
Speaker 2: Right and fine, right, and as she goes, I didn't know that was going to be a good enough excuse me.
Speaker 1: You could do whatever you want. He's your kid. Yeah we do. Yeah. In other news, z So, we have talked a lot about the the new weight loss drugs, right, all these where they come JLP one inhibitors, the go v ze bound, the zempick and all that. Uh So, some more and more studies are coming out about them, and these studies are saying, basically, the pounds come off, but once you get off these drugs, the pounds come roaring back. Okay, that's one I've heard. When people stop taking the new generation of weight loss drugs, they pile back on the pounds four times faster than they would have after ending diet and exercise regiments. But however, recent day it suggests that around half the people discontinue these medications within a year. And a lot of it has to do with the expense these things, you know, sometimes can cost one thousand bucks a month. How long can you keep it up? And how they work as they suppress your appetite. You don't eat sure, and guess what, when you stop taking them, you get hungry again. And you're going to be real hungry because you haven't eaten anything. And so if you have habits of eating a lot of food and a lot of junk food, then those things come roaring right back. While taking these two drugs, the trial participants lost an average of nearly fifteen kilograms, okay, which is what about thirty pounds? Right lower? Thirty pounds. However, after stopping the medication, they regained ten kilograms, which is twenty two pounds within a year they stopped taking the drugs. Within a year, you gained back twenty two pounds, which was the longest follow up period available for these relatively new drugs. Measurements of your heart health, including blood pressure and cholesterol levels, also returned to the original levels after one point four years. People who were instead put on programs that included diet and exercise but not these drugs, they lost less weight. Okay, so you don't lose as much weight. However, took an average of four years for them to regain the weight that they lost. Instead of what I say, within a year.
Speaker 2: Now, man thousands just go on a freaking diet, man, do some workout thousands and thousands of dollars for something like that. Yeah, I know you you know, maybe you've tried everything, but god, that's it. And and to be on it for the like you said, the rest of your life.
Speaker 1: I mean that can't be because I also, I mean it's just for men, and I've read about this too, but it also messes with your your your lean muscle mass, right, which you know as you get older you want to try to maintain as much as possible. Sure meant both men and women, and you know it has an effect on you being able to not old and maintain that as well. These drugs. So yeah, it's it's just funny, like and I look and I know these drugs have had a profound effect. There's people that for whatever reason, they just can't can't lose weight and are on risk of a heart attack and diabetes. And you get on them and you're now healthier.
Speaker 2: But sure, if you if you've got some kind of physical issue that's caught you that you know you really have no control over that you need this stuff. Okay, I get that part. But if you're just if you're just fat because you eat a lot. Boy, just you know, reorient.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just try to find some discipline and find the you know, find some time to get in the gym, and that'll keep it off. It always goes back to that, right, no matter. Remember the live soon to be forty six years and I've seen all kinds of diets, but it's it always comes back to, you know, limiting your calories and working out a little bit. Being active works well.
Speaker 2: And it's and it's harder than it seemed to believe me. I'm there a couple of years back. Shoot, when you first started, before I started working with you, I probably I was pushing like one hundred and eighty five pounds now I'm steady about one hundred and fifty five. And all I did was just quick. I was stress eating all the time, and you know, drinking beer, you know, just.
Speaker 1: Out these these you know, these remotes.
Speaker 2: And you're doing you're not even thinking about it, and you know, i'd be and people know, you know what I'm talking about. You're sitting around the house, you're not even thinking about it, and all of a sudden, you've eaten a half a bag of potato chips. Boom, not even breaking a sweat. Yeah, so yeah, I just got that out and you should be good to go with that. We check in with the News News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 10: News, Traffic and Weather. News Radio seven hundred w l W, Cincinnati.
Speaker 20: President Trump to make a major speed on the economy. This is the five o'clock report. I'm Matt Reee breaking now. The President's going to be in Detroit tomorrow to show how he's quote making America affordable again. He's going to kick off his visit at a Ford plant that's producing more f one fifty trucks because of the tariffs.
Speaker 35: President Trump gives remarks Tuesday at the Detroit Economic Club and Heltra Ford Factory in Dearborn, Michigan. Press Secretary Caroline Levitt says the President will highlight the work Ford is doing to increase manufacturing and hire more American workers. She said, we'll also talk about gas prices coming down in what he'll say are his economic successes. The Michigan trip is the second stomp in a push by the White House to get the President out on the road talking to Americans about his efforts to bring down prices. Karen Travers ABC News the White House.
Speaker 16: Well.
Speaker 20: The latest on gas prices here in the Cincinnati area. TRIBAA reports today's average for regular two point fifty six a gallon. That's up about ten cents a gallon from last week, but still well below the two ninety six a gallon we were paying last year at this stuff and your drive home now the latest traffic and weather together from the.
Speaker 6: UC Health Traffic Center. The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provide specialized care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule and appointment online ucehealth dot com, and we have a seventy five traffic sling. As you make your way southbound from on the Reagan Highway to Norwood Lateral about a ten minute trip in delays to Shepherd. Also seventy five as the trials of the Brench Spence stop and go northbound seventy five Mitchell to Paddock, It's about a ten minute trip now. Accidents on two seventy five westbound after Princeton Pike and seventy one northbound before Pifer. We've got the left lane taken up here and the police on the scene. Also Hamilton and Roosevelt Avenue. A crash in Kentucky at seventy five southbound before Twelfth Street with an accident two seventy five Mossteller to Montgomery Road. It's about a five minute drive down my brick Shrimp News Radio seven hundred double DWLW.
Speaker 1: Now the latest.
Speaker 7: Forecast from the Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Weather Center Jake Sweeney Chevrolet Better for Less.
Speaker 27: We stay mostly clear tonight and temperature is not as cold, only falling to thirty one for your Tuesday morning. Tomorrow afternoon, we'll start to see a few more clouds and it will be breezy and warmer, highs near fifty degrees. The late Tuesday couple hit and misslight showers begin to move in, continuing into Wednesday morning. With the loan near forty from your severe weather station. I'm nine first Warning meter AB the just Mark Stitz News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 20: It is forty two degrees in Cincinnati and this news is brought to you by the Low Tea Center. The Kentucky eight Licking River Bridge, also known as the Fourth Street Bridge connecting Covington and Newport, now officially closed. It's going to be demolished and replaced and reopened in twenty twenty eight. It was shut down about nine o'clock this morning. Council committee meeting behind closed doors this afternoon, apparently about a possible settlement between the city and the family of Ryan Hinton, who was shopped to death by Cincinnati police last year. After the shooting, his father, Rodney Hinton, allegedly ran over and killed a Hamilton County Sheriff's deputy. The Cincinnati Police Union is against the settlement with the Hinton family. That meeting ended this afternoon at City Hall with no comment from members of council. The Musketeers and the Reds forming a partnership a Grand Slam. According to the president of Xavier, the.
Speaker 1: Reds have announced a new ten year partnership that names Xavier as the official university of the ball club. This new collaboration will create new internship opportunities for Xavier students, as well as expanded curriculum development within the university's sports management programs and other benefits. Xavier University President Colleen Hanich called this a Grand Slam partnership for both the Musketeer and Red families, and it will be celebrated at the Xavier Butler men's basketball game at the Sintas Center this Wednesday night, and at Redsfest at the newly renovated Cincinnati Convention Center this Friday and Saturday. I'm Ricky Uchino, Who's ready to go?
Speaker 29: Seven hundred w WELW seven one hundred WLW sport in.
Speaker 15: The NFL Wildcard Playoffs. Tonight, It's Houston at Pittsburgh. The Action at seven thirty on Fox Sports thirteen sixty. College Basketball seventeen and O mimb Readhawks getting forty nine votes in this week's Associate at Press College Basketball poll, putting them twenty ninth in the nation. Head coach Travis Steele a special guest who lands tonight on Sports Talk at six twenty. Elsewhere in college basketball, get the latest on Xavier tonight and The Richard Patino Show at seven on fifty five krc NKU Coaches Show at seven on ESPN fifteen thirty, Bill Edison, seven hundred, WW Sports.
Speaker 1: Closing bell on Wall Street.
Speaker 20: The Dow gained eighty six to forty nine thousand and five ninety s and P five hundred added ten to sixty nine seventy seven, and the Nasdaq rose six two. It's five oh six Next News at five thirty. Matt Reez NewsRadio seven hundred w ALW.
Speaker 21: This report is sponsored by the Tutor Dixon Podcast.
Speaker 22: The headlines are serious and the stakes are real. Join me on the Tutor Dixon Podcast as we break down the fallout from the Ice shooting in Minnesota, what happens next in Venezuela, and how fast New York City could crumble With Momdannie in Charge. Listen and subscribe to the Tutor Dixon Podcast on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.
Speaker 36: Looking for the best prices on guns and m o, aim Surplus is the leading supplier of Terol, Remington and Cci ammunition. Shop our full service website or visit our showroom in Monroe, Ohio. You do and use guns, ammunition, accessories and more. Aimsurplus dot com Buy more, save more, shoot more.
Speaker 37: Old copiers, surprise repair bills, unsecured devices and wasted toner can drain your budget.
Speaker 1: Modern office methods.
Speaker 37: Your local authorized RACO dealer is helping organizations upgrade their office technology with a free print assessment book yours today at momnet dot com.
Speaker 19: There's something very dangerous in your home. It could be hiding in a closet, or waiting in the basement. It's not sharp or toxic or flammable, yet it helps send more people to the trauma center than any other household item.
Speaker 1: Hey, I'm doing me a favor and hold the ladder for me. I have a better idea. Let's just call somebody to clean the gutters, to scoop out a few leaves. I'll be down in a heartbear wall.
Speaker 19: Using a ladder might seem easy, Misusing one is even easier. Ask any of the one hundred and fifty thousand people who fell off their ladders into the trauma center last year alone. Don't let it do it yourself project do yourself in. For tips on ladder safety, visit orthoinfo dot org. A public service message from the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons who want to keep your bones safe, strong, and well connected.
Speaker 36: Chris Stapleton's All American road Shows of.
Speaker 1: The AFL one and he made the prediction, the guarantee we are going to win this game called his own shot, which is one of the first times that really had happened. I know, you know, I forget one. I think it was after that, but you Muhammad al Lead guaranteed he was a knockout liston and Mark Messier I think guaranteed victory in some hockey game. But yeah, certainly the most easily the most remembered sports victory guarantee.
Speaker 2: And well see there's some talk about Babe Ruth whether or not he actually called his shot when he pointed out to the whatever.
Speaker 1: Yes, you will say that he was. He has actually two fingers pointed out, like saying, is there like two strikes or one strike? Something like that. I forget.
Speaker 2: I've heard different stories on it, but hey, it's better to believe that he said I'm going to hit it out here and nothing to do.
Speaker 1: What's the what's the phrase? Uh, when reality overcomes the legend print the legend? Great? Yeah, just let's go with that story.
Speaker 2: So Rock and I got to talking about it. Your favorite over the top athlete, somebody that it doesn't matter man, woman, whoever if I've won three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. Just uh, somebody who was kind of maybe obnoxious, but yet they always something daring about them. They entertained it, right, they're entertaining. I have a feeling, I know what a lot what certainly somebody here in Cincinnati is going to say in terms of the football player who was very famously boastful, but I won't get that. Yeah, this is the first one that comes to mind. And he played during when I played a little bit before, but then during but was a t o. I thought he was just absolutely hilarious and and like I could see where a lot of people thought he was a jerk because he was so boastful.
Speaker 1: But I'll never forget one. That the famous thing where he grabs the cheerleaders pom poms and does I remember that? I remember, I remember where I was. That was my I think it was my rookie year, and we had a Monday night football game. I was with the Titans, and we were in the locker room of the stadium. We were doing a walk through at the stadium night before. Nobody's there. We're gonna do a walk through, so we're kind of hanging out, and that was on the TV before he went out on the field, and we're all watching the game and he scored a touchdown and and he goes over and everyone's like, oh my god, no, he is it, No, he is it. And he grabbed and did the thing, and everyone just just lost their mind. And and by the way, when I you know, after my fourth year of the Titans, I signed with the Cowboys famously before I got cut. But t O was a big signing free agent sign couldn't have been a nicer guy. He was always so nice to me. Yeah, he was great. And he would show up in the weight room with like a full body suit, like like a like a biker suit. Like crazy, just eccentric, wild guy, but he was. He was nice as hell. Cool.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go to the phones five, one, three, seven, eight hundred, the big one talking about flamboyant athletes that you knew and loved. Hey, Beth, your first stuff? What do you have?
Speaker 38: Hey, Fellas, I'm sorry, I can't say flamboyant. I just caught on to what you were saying about athletes and the big o Osar Robinson right here in Cincinnati used to I was forcuate enough to run into him several times. I was a I worked at a very popular restaurant down that sat on the river, and he would come in often and always always had a wonderful conversation, always had a wonderful, pleasant attitude and never ever was impolite or anything of that, and I just so respected him all the time. And he looks great, he sounds great. He's still here with us, and he's got what a legend he is in Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: Oh and no doubt about that, Beth, thank you talk about But he wasn't boastful though, was he. No, I'll tell you what. He had every reason to boast.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's real deal.
Speaker 2: Well we've we've talked about it before and we're taking your calls. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred. The big one, Larry Bird. He wasn't real mouthy in public, but apparently was the biggest trash talker in the universe. Yeah, great, that was funny.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: Rob Sanders, the Great Rob Sanders checks in and says, when I was a kid, I wanted to be Brian Bosworth and I remember he was. He was larger than life figure. Yep.
Speaker 2: It was also really really good. Let's talk to Jeff and Florence. Hey, Jeff, what do.
Speaker 9: You have Hey?
Speaker 25: Back in the day, I used to be a big Mark Castan fan. He used to be he used to be the thing that kind of idolyzede Ans and Hill from the Jets.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, New York Sack Exchange. There was a great documentary on him recently. Have you seen it? It was on the New York Sack Exchange. But yeah, he was in a lot of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 17: I didn't get a chance to, but I just remember that.
Speaker 1: I kind of.
Speaker 2: All right, And then thanks Jeff. Get to John. Hey John, what's going on buddy?
Speaker 16: How you guys doing today?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 23: Oh?
Speaker 16: My guy is Dennis Roman.
Speaker 1: That's a good one. There's something likable about him too. He was nuts. Well, here's the thing.
Speaker 24: My daughter was in kindergarten when he played, and I had a Dennis Roben jersey that she wore to school and they made me come and change her shirt.
Speaker 1: Really that he was the he was a bad boy man. Well that's funny, but but he was. What's what's crave about him is he was genuinely nuts.
Speaker 16: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: And thanks John. Uh and this is well, this one comes to mind for me too. Hey, Craig, what's going on in Forest Park?
Speaker 16: Hey?
Speaker 23: How's it going guys?
Speaker 1: Good? Good buddy?
Speaker 4: Can you hear me?
Speaker 34: Yeah, we got you, okay, I would say, Dion prime time like just what I just the way you carry yourself on the field, and uh. He was electric and he always was a shine. And whether it was doing an interception, holding.
Speaker 2: The ball out, well, talk about somebody who could back it up to Hunt Craig. I mean that guy. You know, he wasn't it wasn't no brag, just fat. Was no brag, just fat kind of thing. He was do all that chat man, go out there and kick everybody's butt.
Speaker 1: Correct and then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and thanks Buddy. I remember seeing him a couple of times when he was playing for the Reds just run around the bases like it was like the flash or something. He was like there and then he was over there, and.
Speaker 1: He was over there like out ad that world record speed man.
Speaker 2: Uh five one three, seven, four nine, seven eight hundred, the big one. Talking about athletes kind of did a little obnoxious, but dang, they were entertaining. How about you, Will and West Carrollton. What's going on, buddy?
Speaker 16: Hey, good day guy.
Speaker 39: Hey.
Speaker 16: What about Ricky Henders?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ricky Henderson man, Yeah, he he talked a little bit. He didn't he talk in a third person? Yeah, Ricky said, Ricky does that? Uh?
Speaker 2: And uh and thanks Will. I got to along the way five and three seven four nine, The big one. I along the way I met I got to meet uh and I'm well, there are they are athletes, Randy Macho man Savage.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, I mean I would I would cut off an appendage too.
Speaker 2: Uh well, And the thing was man, as with all of those guys and well a lot of people in the media, off off act, you know, microphone off immediately like yeah, I'm back in when I played baseball.
Speaker 1: That was a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: And you know, I mean, I'm great memories of Cincinnati, microphone going.
Speaker 1: Like you do that now, and let me ask you this. Did He always had the voice though, right, that low kind of growl. Yeah, but it wasn't quite as yeah, I mean, but but I always heard that that was I watched this documentary and according to that, like like that was that wasn't his real voice, but he just adopted it. And he never got out of the like you said he would. He would amp it, right, but he was. He never you know, it's not like he got off air and started talking like you know you were me.
Speaker 2: Let's talk to Suzanne and Oxford. What's going on? Suzanne?
Speaker 24: Not much?
Speaker 1: What's going on, guys, Everything's good.
Speaker 40: Good, he reminded me story with the cheerleaders. Tarmie Chill got a touchdown with the Chiefs. He went over and grabbed Tom Palms. It was cheerleading and Mahomes had to go get him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're lucky Brenant. That guy has a few baby mamas, you know what I mean?
Speaker 40: Yeah, that was like, I don't know, two or three seasons ago.
Speaker 1: I remember that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh and thanks album. U talked to Gavin downtown. Hey Gavin, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Buddy? Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 32: I was gonna say, uh, the two players you reminded me of one.
Speaker 34: I was gonna say, Billy Hamilton.
Speaker 32: He always knew how to make a noise when he was on the base path. And then that last story just reminded me of Ocho Cinco. He always knew how to talk and then back it up on the on the next game.
Speaker 1: That's the one I was waiting on. I was waiting on somebody to mention that one, because that's you know, he's he was great. What was that was? That was growing up?
Speaker 32: You know, he talked, but he always backed it up too.
Speaker 1: I loved watching him growing up.
Speaker 2: That was Uh, that was him that hid the cell phone in the in the pad on the goal post, right, No, that was Joe Horn. That was Joe Horn. Okay, I thought that was Sinko.
Speaker 31: No, he proposed to the cheerleader.
Speaker 32: He did thet with the goal post. That's the one I remember put putt with the pylon.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I remember that one too, And thanks again. The River Dan stance he did a The one I didn't like is when he did the Hall of Fame jacket thing. I thought that was a little green. That was a little yeah he Rick and Taylor Mill.
Speaker 31: What's going on, buddy, Hey, good afternoon, guys. I'm gonna go switch gears to a different sport, but I'm gonna throw out John McEnroe. He could talk it and he could back it up. Along with that, I'm gonna go farther back with a guy named Eli Nostasi.
Speaker 19: Do you remember any.
Speaker 1: Of that nasty Nostas?
Speaker 31: Yeah, yeah, that's my guys. I was thinking of a good show, good topic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you and thanks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Nastasi who was Yeah, he was like Yugoslavia and he was like some Eastern European back when that mattered, right, and but he was just he wasn't like McEnroe. Mecenroe was just kind of screaming and hot headed. Nastasi looked like he would complain, but he looked like he was wan to kill you. He Steven Monroe, what's going on, buddy?
Speaker 23: Everything is hacked so much.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 23: I was on a flight a number of quite a number of years ago and I was seated next to Paul Kobe and we just had a wonderful conversation. And as the planet is touching down, he just says.
Speaker 1: Well, I gotta thank you brother.
Speaker 23: You never wanted to talk about wrestling. You just wanted to talk about light.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 23: Look you're not working. I'm not working.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 23: I mean, if we're talking wrestling, that's your life.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and uh and thanks Steve. That's I'll tell you another. Another guy got to meet back in the day was Dave Batista when he was still fighting, when he was still wrestling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I want to say his wife was from Loveland or something. I don't remember. He had some connection here locally, but they were in town and he came into the station. And I mean, he's a giant man, yes, trust me, and the nicest guy.
Speaker 1: You'd ever want to meet. I've always heard He was real nice.
Speaker 2: I mean, just real low key calm, just because I guess when you're that big, who's gonna you know, got a reason, you know, it's going to mess.
Speaker 1: With you for itself?
Speaker 2: Correct the bar, right, But yeah, when the microphone goes on and the act he kind of amps up a little bit. Of course with that, we check in with traffic and weather, what is going on.
Speaker 6: Well from the ac Health Traffic Center. The UC Health Women's Sports Medicine Program provides care for female athletes at all levels. Schedule when the pointment online uc health dot com. Seventy one southbound after fiveer accident down the left shoulder to seventy five westbound on Ram from Princeton Pike, crash on the entrance ramp here in the clean up underway Hamilton at Roosevelt. That accident, it's still working and we have seventy one northbound before fighter with an accident on the left shoulder. And again the delays on seventy five southbound ronalwag and Highway to Norwood lateral through the roadwork solow downs back to Shepherd. It is about a ten minute drive right now. I'm rich S remp New's radio seven hundred double d WELW.
Speaker 2: You LW Weather Center for tonight partly cloudy and thirty for tomorrow clouds in the high of fifty two. It is forty two. Now, who's radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 7: Maybe you missed one of our shows because you were flight at a slight delay.
Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, I've just been informed we're supposed to be flying to Denver and not Dallas.
Speaker 39: Sorry about that, my bad.
Speaker 1: Don't worry.
Speaker 7: You can get the podcast of our shows and here what you miss check them out on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 21: This report is sponsored by the Tutor Dixon podcast.
Speaker 22: The headlines are serious and the stakes are read.
Speaker 2: All right back with Eddie and Rocky just a little while longer Lance at the top of the hour, of course. Right now, we always love to talk to our good friend Alex Stone from EBC. Now, guys, I'm not real familiar with this case. Please film me in.
Speaker 39: Well, I'll fill you in.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 39: So, right after Minneapolis happened last week, there was a shooting later in the week in Portland, involving Department of Homeland Security. In this case, US Customs and Border Protection agents. Similar general description of what went on the DHS put out compared to what went on in Minneapolis, and they had said that shots were fired to two people in Portland who had tried to get away and weaponize their vehicle, which is the same term that they used in Minneapolis, and that agents felt the need to open fire. But he was very general and the federal government left it at that. Today, though, we learned a whole lot of new details, as that there have been protests and vigils and whatnot in Portland about what allegedly unfolded in Portland last week, and it's very different than what went on in Minneapolis. So we've got the unfiled criminal complaint. A couple hours ago. Prosecutors say they were after a woman who was a Venezuelan national who they say is in a trendy Arragua prostitution ring and linked to a shooting in Portland last summer that involved a prostitution deal gone bad. Portland's police chief saying, yeah, that these two and the man who was shot, they had ties to TDA. Very different again compared to Minneapolis.
Speaker 41: The chief science they do have some nexus to involvement with TDA. We can confirm that.
Speaker 39: So Border Patrol agents say based on the document that we got today that they were after her, but the mail now charged and out of the hospital. Luis Nino Mancata was and he too in the country illegally, was ordered to be deported by judge in Denver in twenty twenty four. They alleged that he drives her for her prostitution work and he too has ties to TDA. But when they tried to stop them in their pickup last week, they say he became visibly nervous, was fidgeting around. Then when they ordered them out of the vehicle, he put it into reverse and forward, reverse and forward numerous times, bashing in numerous times to a Border Patrol vehicle that was parked boxing them in, and that one of the agents, fearing for human life, opened fire, and then Nano mccatta. After the shots were fired at them and the woman took off, the agents didn't pursue it. They drove away and Nio mccatta and the woman called nine to one one separately for medical aid. Portland Police went to that nine one one call of shooting victims, not knowing what it was. Then federal agents called nine one one saying they had shot at somebody but didn't know if they had hit them, And police responded to both of those, the chiefs saying that's how they learned about it. That they got an number one calls from both sides saying that the shots had been fired.
Speaker 41: Both of these events, the shooting scene itself and then where the victims drove themselves to you, were reported to us via the traditional dispatch system.
Speaker 39: So A Nino Makata allegedly admitted to FBI agents that he intentionally rammed the Border patrol vehicle and acknowledged, according to the FBI, that he knew they were immigration enforcement vehicles and immigration agents and that he was trying to get away. But before all of this, it was so general in the community that there was a lot of outrage, and it seems like with these details it is calming things down now in the Portland community that there was a lot more to it than just that agents tried to pull somebody over and that they were in fear of their life and they opened fire. Now, all of the trained de Ragua and the backgrounds of these two, the alleged backgrounds, that it adds a lot more to what went.
Speaker 1: On all right, So this is an illegal criminal. He was trying to be arrested, didn't want to be arrested again. Gang member smash his car and do multiple ICE vehicles. Now are people are people protesting this at all in the same way they are in Minneapolis still or not?
Speaker 39: They have been up through the weekend and local police for calling for calm through the weekend. But again the details of it weren't known. Once some of the TDA details came out on Friday seemed to really calm it down. I would suspect that these details now of their backgrounds and what allegedly went on during the traffic stop will calm it down even more. But these details weren't known until now that this was according to a number of sources we've talked to, does appear to have been a very legitimate traffic stop that in this case, the border patrol was doing not ICE, but the border patrol to try to stop two people in the country illegally have gang ties and criminal backgrounds going back to shooting last summer and had orders to leave the country and did not that. By all accounts, this was a traffic stop that was fully within what the Border patrol is there to do. And that they were trying to arrest two people who have been ordered out of the country.
Speaker 2: Alex Stone's our guest, and Alex apparently this TDA thing is this obviously it's a huge operation. Is it well known outside of law enforcement or I've never.
Speaker 1: Heard of it?
Speaker 39: But yeah, TDA is. Remember that gang the Colorado apartment complex during the campaign a year and a half ago, and they were TDA trend Aragua, TDA is. It's a problem nationwide right now and they are a violent Venezuelan gang. They have ties to other countries as well, but the primarily Venezuelan, and federal agents in cities nationwide are are trying to root them out. But it is it's something that is now nationwide.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: With that, Alex, We'll see how this shakes out and hopefully it calms everything down out there.
Speaker 1: Thanks Bob, you got it.
Speaker 39: Sounds good. Thanks guy.
Speaker 1: Let's get to traffic. What is going on? All right?
Speaker 2: Back with Eddie and Rocky just a little while longer, Lance at the top of the honor.
Speaker 1: Yes, he has Travis Steele and Brandon Phillips, So two good guests for Lance Sports Talk tonight, starting at six o'clock.
Speaker 2: Brandon Phillips is a great guy, great interview, super Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh he got that's you know when him and Sag and then dugout they used.
Speaker 2: To be that was money, great radio. Yeah, yeah, big time. And he loved doing it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he did exactly.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Are I just don't know if the athletes like doing that stuff anymore. So, I don't know it sound like I'm old, but like they're too full of themselves. Like he just liked having Sag come down there and you know, kind of shoot the bs with him a little bit.
Speaker 2: And well, it's like earlier when we were talking about Sean Casey going to be at the Roger Bacon the Stag coming up on I believe it's Thursday night. No, Sean Casey a guy who got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It was a hell of a ballplayer what he was having a good time doing it. Yeah, And people love that when you're a good player and you're you know, you're just one of the guys and fune.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's kind of the way Joey Vado was. He was weird, but he always acted like he was having a pretty good.
Speaker 1: Time doing it. Yeah. Yeah, another news that I got a story here about two plane fiasco's right, which there's no shortage of now. And I looked at the video and these he said. What happened was these two women were pulled off an American Airlines flight in Miami, reportedly for sitting themselves down in first class, so they didn't have first class seats, but they sat in first class. And then when the airline, Tennis said, sorry, man, that's not your seat, and you know someone else is sitting here, you guys in the back, I'll screw you. I'm sitting here. Yeah, people doing it. It doesn't work that way, Like, you can't have those seats unless you're assigned to them. And saw the video. These two chicks are the biggest hot messes I've ever seen. I Mean, the one is like looks like she's probably in her sixties, with like a red velore, you know, jumpsuit on like triple e boobs, big lips, the sunglasses like, and the other one kind of the same thing, and she does the deal where you know they they're pulling her off the plane. She does the like flop on the floor and like yeah yeah. So apparently the women sat in first class refuse the move, which escalated the disturbance, the crew called for the airport law enforcement. They came clear them off the plane and that was it. And the sight I got this off of it's called a view from the wing dot com. I've seen that, and it actually tells you if you're trying to get a first class seat, you know, trying to canive your way and to get one, the proper way to do it if you try to self upgrade, act confused and apologetic when getting caught out, and then do the walk of shame to your seats in the back. So it was better than saying no, I'm just gonna sit here. How do you think that's you're gonna get away with that?
Speaker 2: Like the person who paid for the first class ticket is just gonna go, oh wow, that's cool.
Speaker 1: I'll just go sit back there. Yeah, you're fine, you were there first, you got it right. Pople are so delusional, man.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 2: That's the reason I've never flown like Southwest and all that stuff. I don't get the jockey in for. I want to when I get on an airplane. It's not like I fly every week or anything, but when I get on an airplane, I want to say Okay, eighteen A boom, I'll sit right there, thank you.
Speaker 1: Yep. Ye know, well in Southwest they just did away with their cattle car seating, right I think so yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you have, if it was an optional thing or if they just now you it's all assigned seating.
Speaker 1: I think it's all signed. But yeah, I've flown some Southwest. Those are nice when you're like in like zone one and you can get on govern But if you're in like zone fifty like I was, yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 2: And and plus cheap flights. My when my son was living in Chicago, he took Southwest several and that was nice because for one thing, I didn't care what hell comfortable?
Speaker 1: He was, Yeah, you squeeze your little butt in that.
Speaker 2: Well, it's an hour flight, so what you can you know, you can be uncomfortable for an hour. Guess what it's it's going to be about a third of the cost because guess who was paying for it, Daddy not Jackie uh Rock. In other news, now, you and I never had to worry about trying to impress the chicks or trying to connive. I mean, you know, you were a big football hero and I just my looks speak for themselves. This happened in Florida. Go figure Tyler Strack, twenty three, pleaded no contest to stalking. It was a twenty two year old girl there in Safety Harbor, that's in the Tampa area. It seems a mister Strack was a charge with a felony originally, but he pled to a reduced misdemeanor charge. What happened was and at the time of his arrest, the victim had told the police the lady who found it was a tracking device in her car, and she said, I think I know who it is. I had a brief fling with this guy a few years back, and I haven't seen her talk to him since, but he keeps he's try to call me and stuff. So but in an effort to try to get her back, Strack brought bought a tracking device from Best Buy put it in the woman's car, but she found it. When the police got the guy and kind of investigate, we're interrogating him, Strack confess saying he installed the tracker in an attempt to run into the victim. So, in other words, this kid thought he was going to, you know, she could follow her around and she'd go to whatever Kroger or something, and he would just be walking down the aisle and go, oh, look at you, Hey, Beth, what's I haven't seen you in years. We should get together for a drink sometime.
Speaker 1: It's not the worst plan. The execution isn't very good.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, I don't I don't know about the device issue. The ladies get a little uh oh, I don't know what do you call it? Creeped out when you do stuff like that, when you track them, when the deer or something, when you track right be like I'm looking at the rear view mirror and you're right behind him in your car, going.
Speaker 1: Hey oh, pull over, go to that Starbucks over there.
Speaker 2: Come on, and we got the news now News Radio seven hundred WLW