Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on A five seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: While it's the longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadakas terrible person, He's the worst.
Speaker 3: And Matt money Smith the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: What do you think the Kings could get for Quinton Byfield? Stop the show? Yesterday? I can see his shoulders moving.
Speaker 3: Yesterday we were told that Rogan and Rodney ended their show The Much The Much Important, Ever Important Relay Baton Handoff in the afternoon of anti seventy LA Sports, two talk shows that are local. Rogan and Rodney's topic on the way out was fortune teller jokes.
Speaker 2: I believe was it fortune telling or fortune teller jokes?
Speaker 3: Fortune telling jokes about fortune tellers? And then today today the intro.
Speaker 2: Shares a lot about what's going on.
Speaker 3: Twelve minutes of Quintin Byfield trade talk, King's trade talk. I don't want to start like that, but Matt trade to trade ton. That's why I stopped the show, because I don't want to start like that.
Speaker 2: What do you think about a Quinn Byfield?
Speaker 3: I gotta be honest, I haven't thought of most of the things we talk about. I haven't thought about.
Speaker 4: My fairness afraid. We did not start the show with that. Why did you start started talking about the Dodgers and the potential Freddie Paroleta trade?
Speaker 2: Huh?
Speaker 3: Who's that picture for the Milkey brewers? Okay, okay, cool, Wow, you guys are on top of it. But how long was fred Well, yeah, it was Freddy Peralta for fifteen seconds and then Buyfield for the other thirteen minutes? Am I wrong? It was about ten minutes maybe each maybe?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: How did how was the Quintin Buyfield trade talk broke?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: How was the subject introduced speaking of trades? Is that was it like one of those things like you exhausted the Freddy Parolta trade discussion? But speaking of trades.
Speaker 3: Let me talk about a trade that I'm interested. I'd like to see them move. But that's what it is.
Speaker 2: Oh, no, we're in trouble.
Speaker 4: The fortune teller story from yesterday was about a fortune teller who told the fortune of a client. They said, you're going to lose something valuable, and something valuable that was lost was the cell phone because the fortune teller stole it from the client.
Speaker 2: I think we've I think we've reached an impass.
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna say, by the way, before my radio partner asked another question.
Speaker 2: I think we've reached an impass. Is it makes you guys are accurate and the information?
Speaker 3: Thank you yesterday fortune I'm not inaccurate, right fortune teller talk?
Speaker 2: Am I inaccurate? That was the subject?
Speaker 3: It to you was not accurate?
Speaker 2: No, it's not that's not true. You said, fortune teller jokes and he said everything a joke, a jovial time, and she stirred the cell phone.
Speaker 3: All right, whatever, And then today it was King's Talk, King's Trade Talk.
Speaker 2: What do you think they can get for Buyfield?
Speaker 3: Can we start the show now? Wait, I think we've reached an impathos. Sorry, Ronnie say something that happy. Well, Matt's the one that brought this up. He wanted to start negatively. I didn't I didn't want to start that. I didn't want to be that. I didn't want the show to start this way. That's why I stop the show. Do you have anything to add, something you think that's going to get you out of this in a more uh?
Speaker 2: I feel like his clarification on the Fortune Teller absolves him of any wrongdoing as it relates to.
Speaker 3: The Oh he's if there's part if Poncha's pilot exists on the Rogan and Rodney Show, washing his hands every day. It is Kevin figures from seventy eight then from mine. I see no fault with either of those men. No, no good, good man, give us. It's not Kevin's fault. And Fred wants to talk about Buyfield, and King knows about as much about Freddy Peralta as I do.
Speaker 2: It just seems like having a thirteen minute conversation about a Quinton Byfield trade just might not be other a little bit longer, But you know, perhaps it was a little bit elongated.
Speaker 3: What is wrong with talking Kings? Yes, a lot. They're no longer on the station ship.
Speaker 2: That's a good that's a fair point.
Speaker 3: Now Sam but.
Speaker 2: Tsh works for them. And that guy is a douche. I need five kiss FMS five.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm taking I'm gonna take a flame for at twenty twenty six, I don't care.
Speaker 2: After the Chargers went in New England and win the Super Bowl? Have you seen Sam's uh Instagram rants though Spatasha? Yeah, dude, he gets like super fired up. He starts screaming, wearing the King's outfit.
Speaker 3: Hey, you ride home in peace, Kevin? You really were able to navigate that Well, he's out Patcha's pilot once again.
Speaker 2: Take a shot at Sam and people like I want nothing to do with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. In the background, Jesus is being crucified, but Patcha's pilot is driving down the one ten laughing.
Speaker 2: Ha ha ha ha got an election to win.
Speaker 3: Boys. Oh my hands are clean as hell. Right, look at my hands on this steering wheel. They're so clean. I washed my hands a both those men. Thank you, Ronnie? Sorry, how's it going? Somewhat genially?
Speaker 2: Gong me Yukes Petro some money in five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You're home in the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers, and that is applicable here in this this moment, because we will have plenty of Dodger talk today, not Freddy Perolta trade talk, but Greg Amsinger will join us in a half segment. Could we have Quenton Buyfield trade talk? See it right here on the rundown A m that's either California news, that is Quinton Buyfield could be traded because that would fall under the umbrella of California.
Speaker 3: Is No.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'm looking at the schedule and that's the one spot I could see it. Do you guys even know the King's record right now? No, I'm gonna go with I know the Ducks started hot thirteen nineteen and six. I did see that the Ducks had a nutquacker gift giveaway to the fans during Christmas. It was a Duck nutcracker, which I least you shared that on the air. Yeah, very cool. The LA Kings so far this season have played a lot of games. I went thirteen nineteen and six, they played forty one games. Okay, so I'm a little shit on that. So let's go stupid ass sixteen twenty two and four, close, very close. You can tie in the NHLA. They are eighteen wins, fourteen losses and nine nine. Well, let's start with that. Let's get Sam patash on next.
Speaker 3: Forget Amazinger and Matt was trying to promote Amzinger to talk about show hey Day tomorrow on MLB Network.
Speaker 2: They're going to do a whole day for show Hey. I think we just stick with that. I think we should put patent No, I'd save Sam for another day.
Speaker 3: Sam Bony.
Speaker 2: Is that the name of one of his segments, the Sam Bony? I don't know. Oh, you should give that to him, Kate.
Speaker 6: I think he still has the hotline number two.
Speaker 2: You never know, I hope. So, so we are not five kiss fms. We're not going to talk to Potest six.
Speaker 3: We are going to talk to Greg Amsinger next segment of the MLB Network because tomorrow is show hey Day and it's something fun to celebrate. Tim Kate's way on top of this. Not only is he Japanese, he's in his many many promotions. How he's also very very close, as Vick would say, very tight with the MLB Network.
Speaker 2: Hey killed that guy that was an MLB Network appearance. Oh yeah, when the Boston Red Sox reporter and he got into it with the beat writer from the Red Sox. Guy had a heart attack, exactly right, that's a true story. Months later turned the page. Guys, all right, that was so twenty eighteen.
Speaker 3: And months later that guy died so obviously, the only connection we had to it was Tim. Tim must have killed him. That's our logic here on five seventy.
Speaker 2: That's why he's got the end. N MLB Network Dodgers. The Dodgers lost that world series, but Tim killed that guy absolutely. You know, in the battle of those two reporters, they were at each other's throat. Tim came out on top. It was so hot that day on that stage.
Speaker 3: The battle took so much out of that guy that he died right war months later that guy won the battle, but war so. Greg Amsinger will be our guest this hour to talk about show hey day, and we will have Brian Baldinger begging on those balls. It's a while at five oh klock. Brian Baldinger an NFL man, a tape watching man, a man of great football opinion and conviction from NFL Network and Compass Media. He will join us in the five o'clock hour. I have a fun film noir corner. I think that I put together for everybody. We do have California News. Spoiler alert, it is not about Quentin Byfield.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just sent out the tweet. Hey, Puckheads, prepare to talk puck. Hey, Matt, thanks for talking Pop fifty.
Speaker 3: You know it.
Speaker 2: I feel sad Quentin Buyfield fetch.
Speaker 3: I feel sad for Kevin Figures because he's standing there trying to close out the computer, get his show over, and we come in there. We're just staring at his back like a big billboard, and we're looking at him and he's trying to get the hell out of there, and our show starts, and he knows that we know that they started with twelve minutes at Quentin Buyfield talk. He just hopes we don't bring it up and he can get home without having to deal with it. And he couldn't because he couldn't control Fred. In that moment when Fred goes off and talks about hockey.
Speaker 2: Speaking of trades, with ten minutes left in this segment, I want to talk about Byfield.
Speaker 3: He knows that he's just a sitting duck. And our show doesn't even start. The music comes on solo and Matt goes, hey, how about that Buyfield trade and you just see his shoulders slump, just.
Speaker 2: Just all that air. There was a physical difference. Core man, he just slopped down.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, because he knows that that did not get through the wickets.
Speaker 2: I believe I could hear through the glass and our lead walls that god damn textos live that did not get But actually I didn't want to out Tim Kates. The Byfield trade did not come via text. I didn't want to share that it was Tim Kates that gave us that news. Well, I was into the whole trace off. I was in the car hitting the steering wheel, like, yeah, pull the trigger, let's make the train. I think of moving to b.
Speaker 3: So that is our show. Baldinger Vassa promoting Dodger Talk tonight we have We're on all the way till eight on the station. So you started off your day of local programming with ten minutes of Byfield, but you're gonna finish with four hours of the Petrolsen Money Show. Dodger Talk with David Vasse, featuring hero of the postseason for the Dodgers, the most unlikely hero I think maybe ever in anybody's postseason will climb he's gonna join David Vasse And as one of my esteem my esteemed radio partner pointed out, when we were told about Will Climb coming on, we.
Speaker 2: Already talked to him.
Speaker 3: We did talk to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we talked to that guy on the field for like five seven minutes. There was there was hot, there was an interview. It was hot on that field, and it was hot on the field and it was a really good interview. Yes it was, and you could check it out. It's in social media and stuff like that, so that should be talked to him. We did talk to him. We talked to him. Vessay is going to talk to him too, and we are going to talk to Vassay. That's why it's a talk show, right copy. It's like it's all connected.
Speaker 3: He kind of is.
Speaker 2: He talks to Will, We talked to Dave. We talked to Will on the field at Dodger Stadium prior to World Series, like Game five.
Speaker 3: And before we get to it in the four o'clock hour, Matt and before we talked to Baldy about it. Since Matt is headed to New England, Foxborough, Rhode Island and the Chargers are taken on to Patriots. There has been some mel Gibson with two axes killing redcoats running around the woods, generally raging out.
Speaker 2: Have you guys seen The Patriot? It's a fantastic movie.
Speaker 3: Nobody rages out in the Northeastern forest in the Revolutionary War like mel Gibson in The Patriot. Why do we talk about twenty five year old movies on the show because movies suck now, like they absolutely blow and nothing is good anymore. And you remember mel Gibson and The Patriot was kind of like the follow up, I think to Braveheart.
Speaker 2: So he was like the American version of it. Right, you expected to see him kill a lot of red coats, yes, and John Wick of the Revolutionary War movies.
Speaker 3: And you were not disappointed though, no you saw them up. I don't know if it was really like that. I want to believe anyway, yesterday, corrections and retractions. I made a mistake.
Speaker 7: Correction.
Speaker 3: I thought that the French character in The Patriot was played by Gerard Depardieu, the French behemoth.
Speaker 2: Actor, right with the big face.
Speaker 3: But it was, yeah, the late Checkie Carrio, another friend chacter. So a lot of people said, hey, a lot of people well, yeah, because yeah, that's what I got you a lot of that because.
Speaker 2: He died Patriots such a cinematic.
Speaker 3: It is, and Carlo died like last year, which is sad of cancer, so I didn't want to rob him of his moment with mel Gibbs. I'm had so corrections and retractions.
Speaker 2: To find a lot of people texted you about that. Is a lot like more than one. Three, okay, Gerard Deppartdue was not three. Is a lot that Gerard Depardiu.
Speaker 3: Is not not in the Patriot, and I'm sorry about that. But that being said, uh, something I like to do because it was an old avant garde filmmaker thing from way back involving Lars von Trier, the obstructions whenever the Chargers make the playoffs, which is almost every year. I mean the Chargers have made the playoffs a.
Speaker 2: Lot three of the last four years.
Speaker 3: And Matt's been doing the Chargers for like a decade and they've been to the playoffs more than they haven't in that decade. And we usually like to do obstructions for Matt because that's what Jurgen left at Lars Vontrier. The two great movie makers would do to each other. You know, the obstructions, the Five Obstructions, the great movie about obstructions, Like this man is so great, but how will he handle these very difficult tasks.
Speaker 7: We want to see what he can and what he cannot do. Is he perfect enough or not entirely?
Speaker 2: Matt money Smith on the road with the Chargers.
Speaker 7: I would like to know something more about him.
Speaker 2: Five obstructions.
Speaker 3: And we used to work, yeah, the perfect year for something.
Speaker 2: We say, can he complete the tasks.
Speaker 7: While hoping he can do what we see he can do, And.
Speaker 2: We do hope he can do what we say he could do.
Speaker 3: And for years Matt really did it like he would he would really do it well.
Speaker 2: We had a window, like Anthony Lynn took us on the road two days ahead of kick Yeah, Brandon Staley did not. Yeah, but it made it a little bit tougher for me to switch it. It's tougher to you know exactly. The perfect man can't beat you died on me. You haven't moved for an hour.
Speaker 1: A warrior in sixteenth century Japan sat under an icy waterfall.
Speaker 3: We expect, Matt, for you to be a warrior and to be able to handle these things.
Speaker 2: I've got no problem. You know me, Like you said, I lean into it. I went to the Coney Island super System to get a chili dog thing a Lasgirl factory.
Speaker 3: Last year, you went to Houston and you dropped the ball. I did not drop the ball, and the Chargers lost. I did not drop the ball. Okay, you sent me to a fountain, a memorial fountain.
Speaker 2: That was the only one you pulled off. It was ten degrees out and the fountain was broke. It was the only one you pulled The other place you send me to was an hour and a half away. I went to a It's not true. I went to the brewery. I went to a brewery as well. No, don't shake your head. I went to the largest brewery in Houston.
Speaker 3: Would make me still you you blew it and the Chargers lost.
Speaker 2: And it's because and I believe this year, we are not staying in Providence. We're staying in Boston. So you could in the city, in the city of Boston, not the city of Providence like we have the last couple times.
Speaker 3: Well, see that's what it's made it problematic, because I don't care about Providence unless you're gonna pull them out copy already you pulled out a copy of Rolled Out on the Slut and bring it back to me like Dumb and Dumber. But that big floppy cowboy hat from Dumb and Dumber then maybe, which is also a great movie reference from our certain younger years, because the movies they come out out now suck. I could send you to see Christmas Attic's Grave.
Speaker 2: Sure we did that together.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 2: They walked the Freedom while together. That's the Sharon Bellio, producer of the Tim Conway Show. For a time, we stayed out all night, smoking cigarettes, drinking sam as, riding the tea, riding the tea, walking the Freedom Trail.
Speaker 3: I just don't know. Because you blew it last year, they didn't bought it. It made me it kind of I feel disheartened.
Speaker 2: I went to a brewery, I went to the Memorial found.
Speaker 3: They were supposed to go somewhere special and you didn't go.
Speaker 2: I didn't. It was an hour and a half away. You were supposed to zipline in the Astrodote. You didn't do it.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. I don't know where to send mad in Boston. I don't know. I don't know what to do. Maybe you can go hang out with the Asian mayor. They had that Asian mayor who plays a piano. Where's that at Boston in the city. Yeah, they have that Asian mayor and plays a piano. Not in Lynn be cool if it was, Maybe we can send you to Lynn Lynn, the city of Sandy. You never come out the way you went in. Oh, it's far. We're talking about the perfect human being, they said, urget left to like Nairobi. You know, all we're asking you is to go to guy's grave here and there and take an Instagram?
Speaker 2: Did I went to Edgar Allen Poe's grave and it was freaking sheets of rain sheets. It was a bad area. I wasn't gang raped. Oh, Baltimore, ain't it hard just to live? I did? I did get Natty Bow Double Dragon out there?
Speaker 3: Mad.
Speaker 2: You were walking the streets throwing punches. Now I did meet Glenn. Don't I'm here. See you're gonna try to make You're gonna don't do this. No, it would have been fine if you didn't say anything. So, uh, I say this whaler beer that I gotta find for some Rhode Island beer. Does that sound like a Rhode Island beer to you?
Speaker 3: Glenn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what about this that I got instead here?
Speaker 3: You want to hold that for me?
Speaker 2: Do you mind here? What is that there?
Speaker 5: Nar Gantt and what is in there?
Speaker 2: A game? See it's Nar against Ben and that's Rhode Island, Rhode Island, Rhode Island. If I got to find a Rhode Island beer, this Rhode Island. Yeah, but you're planning and you wanted me to find a Whaler beer. And this guy's like, Whaler beer what? And then I pull out the Narragans and he's like, that's a Rhode Island beer even in the right state. But I gave you credit for that. I gave I should have got extra credit for that last year, and you knew I was in Providence. You wanted this beer brand called Whaler. Nobody knows what Whaler beer is. And I say, hey, what's the beer of Rhode Island. The liquor store guy's like, narragancy.
Speaker 3: I'm asking you about landon Egg in Houston and you're playing highlights from Boston.
Speaker 2: That's listen, here's what I got here. Let's see if anyway, I just want to say I'm uninspired. I am I'm uninspired up for a. I am up for obstructions. I got two of them right now, you can go do wait, it's not your what. I got two of them. Suggestions you want suggestions? Okay, here's one. Go to the radio station where fell Her Maz do their show from and take a picture in front of it. Fucking mad.
Speaker 3: It's so weak if you get that because you're an afternoon drive guy in a big okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, stalking the vulgar and mads who are always number one in the dumb ass sports talk right now, yeah, dumb assy number one. All right, I got another one. Maybe you can find that dangerous road where two guys risk their lives.
Speaker 8: Now we have our coffee driving on McGrath Highway and McGrath Highway.
Speaker 2: There you go Grath Highway where let me see.
Speaker 8: Now we have our coffee you want. We're driving on McGrath Highway and some.
Speaker 2: Of Bol summer Borough. I have no idea.
Speaker 8: We have our coffee you want. We're driving on McGrath Highway and some of Bol.
Speaker 2: Some of bro summer Bow sounds like some is there a summer Borough sumpter Bow?
Speaker 3: Okay, you want to go find those guys, the two meth heads.
Speaker 8: Now we have our coffee. We're driving on McGrath Highway and some of.
Speaker 2: The McGrath Highway and summer Borough McGrath Highway. Uh, Somerville Avenue at McGrath Highway do we think he said Somerville? That could be Somerville.
Speaker 8: Now we have our coffee you want. We're driving on McGrath Highway in Somerville.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I mean, I got the McGrath Highway here.
Speaker 3: Well we look, we've planted the seed, as Matt likes to say, so we'll see where it goes. We'll get suggestions. We have East Coast listeners. Kates is already on it.
Speaker 2: That's a good pull, Kates. You got anything else? Tim, No, Somerville is the city that you drive through on McGrath high I'm trying very What the hell the guy said twenty eight McGrath Highway is the twenty eight?
Speaker 3: All right, Well that's something to think about.
Speaker 2: And you know what, it's not a very long highway. It's just a quick little rip. My man here had to walk across four lanes. So do I know?
Speaker 8: We have our coffee you want? We're driving on McGrath Highway in Somer.
Speaker 2: Theage smer Bro. I see East Somerville, Somerville, winter Hill, East Cambridge, the Port. Is that guy trying to say Summerville, summer Grove.
Speaker 8: Now we have our coffee. Want We're driving on McGrath Highway in somer theol.
Speaker 3: All right, bro, we're gonna figure. Matt said he's up for obstructions. Kate's looks like he's game. He's got a little bit of an erection for it. I'll try to have. But after last year, that's not fair. Houston experienced a cold front unlike any they'd ever seen. They had to turn the fountain off for risk of freezing the pipes. Well, I'm sure Glad Jurgen left and say that to Lars von Trier in the Five Obstructions movie.
Speaker 2: They'd still be alive if you had. Are they alive? I think Lars is. I'll check. That's not what I've read. We'll be right.
Speaker 3: Back with Greg am Singer Hey Day tomorrow on MLB Network.
Speaker 2: We're gonna celebrate on your Dodger station. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you.
Speaker 1: Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast. A preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto Petro.
Speaker 2: Sayan Money Am five seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We are your home of the back to back World Series champion Los Angeles Dodgers and here on January sixth, twenty twenty six. Pere we here but a month away. Oh yeah, one month away from talking about Glendale, Arizona.
Speaker 3: That's why we got done to talk tonight. It's right David Masse at seven o'clock. But that's not why we're bringing on Greg. Greg Amsinger. We love him. He's been on a few times m Nolbeat Network host. The reason we're bringing him on is he's the tallest host on television. He's he got Van Pelt. I think he does good for him. We'll find out he's better looking in his hair's way been no question. No, it's Otani Day today, Who I mean tomorrow, It's Otani Day tomorrow on the Tries one.
Speaker 9: Left Center Field, Dig You God Show, Hey, O TOWNI the Stuff of Legend.
Speaker 2: Hi, my name is Joe Hale Toni.
Speaker 3: Otani watch Frank and Singer Friend of the Show. Tomorrow is January seventh, one seven.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 3: So MLB Network is calling tomorrow show hay Day. It's showtime, full day of Otani themes. Programming will air at six Pacific with MLB Network hosts the great Greg Amsinger.
Speaker 2: It's a big part of the coverage.
Speaker 3: Not just.
Speaker 2: But his aura as well. Oh yeah, his soul is Basically.
Speaker 3: He'll be the biggest as you pointed out, he's also got a new MLB Network show called pack in Time. But the next episode said for this Sunday at ten thirty, featuring an interview with Larry Boa. Pack in Time, it's a show about baseball.
Speaker 2: Came I think Huey Lewis wrote the thame he thought it was about wolves. But it's not.
Speaker 3: Joining us on your Southern California toyo to do this celebrity hotline. It is Greg am Singer, part of show hey Day tomorrow on one of our favorite networks, the MLB Network. What's crag and Greg? How are you?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 5: I'm just learning how to take a doctorate course on guest intros. It doesn't get better than the two of you. It really, honestly, you guys could literally make an entire show just introducing the guests. They could say hello and goodbye.
Speaker 3: Kind of best segment ever. Yeah, we're done, thanks for doing.
Speaker 2: The show, and way to go on the podcast. It's really more about playing the music of the sound.
Speaker 3: Greg. You know, whatever you say is just you know, but tell us about show hey day, because this does seem pretty fun. And I don't think there's any other baseball player that you could do this for, is there.
Speaker 5: No, he's the best player in the planet. He's the best player of all time. When people roll their eyes at me about that, they just have a serious bias over someone. I grew up in Saint Louis. I was a fan of the Cardinals. I couldn't stand the Dodgers and Tommy Lasordaim why he heards Zog and Ozzie Smith would play against the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: I was so.
Speaker 5: Happy when tom needed to hear gave it up in the middle. Yeah, I'm just being honest with you. But Shotani, I'm letting you know my bias as a kid. But I can acknowledge that showy Otani is the greatest baseball player of all time. He just is. And this should be a national holiday if you're a baseball fan. I don't think anybody should be working in Los Angeles. You will celebrate all day January seventh, on the man that wears one seven on his back every single night, entertaining the millions of Dodger fans out there. Show Heyny a day dedicated to him. I get the host the special, which I think is an honor, and within the day, I'm going to give you my Greg's list of the nine greatest moments in show Hayes' career in my opinion, not Showy's opinion, in my opinion.
Speaker 3: So that is also, you're the host of the show right on there, and it's your you know, your show, so do whatever you want.
Speaker 5: Let me just say though, you know, even though I named it Greg's list, so many people within the company will like argue with me the factly I can't be number one, bro, I can't be number one. You know, why is that number five? I'm like, do I need to remind you it's Greg's.
Speaker 3: It's not idiographics list exactly, truck Monkey list. Go back to the truck.
Speaker 5: I'm a bas Baseball fan and this is my legs.
Speaker 2: So are we. And that's why there's a chance that we'll bring you back on to argue with you about Greg's list, because that's the kind of guys we are not really now that you have, now that you have been removed for a couple months from it, as have we Greg, But your sense of baseball history is considerably better than ours. Question, was this the greatest World Series that you'd ever witnessed with your own two eyes? I am fifty two. I believe I'm the oldest of the bunch here. I believe it to be the greatest World Series I ever witnessed. Does that still hold for you?
Speaker 5: Yes, it's the greatest World Series I've ever witnessed, and the closest to me would be twenty eleven. But that was the greatest game. It was the greatest comeback in Game six of that World Series of David Freese at the ball. Either way, Neilson Cruz didn't catch the ball, YadA, YadA, YadA. You walked it off. And remember there was a rain out and then there was Game seven. Game seven was a blowout, so it wasn't very suspenseful Game seven. There have been other terrific games Evans in World series history, but there was nothing like this. There will be a movie made about this Game seven seriously, and you could pick the movie up in the third inning or fourth inning of the game, like you don't even need to start the game, like it's a movie. It is so good. One of the overlook heroes in the movie would be Dave Roberts, who decided to bring pots in to play center field, and then minutes later he's diving over a sprawled out key k Hernandez, who thought the game was over to make a diving catch to extend a game. It was one of the most incredible things I've ever witnessed. I actually got to stand. We were waiting to do the postgame show right after that game, and I'm standing. If you're looking at the Fox cameras and if a right handed hitter they do a single shot, a close up shot of Laddie Guerrero Junior, you would be able to see me in a walkway probably five rows behind home plate. You got to see me. Al Lighter and Chris Young were standing there waiting to go on to the field. We're standing in that walkway and to watch every single heart raising moment. That's about the Laty Guerrero moment. I thought he walked it off. Three zero count pitch up in the zone. He's been up there to walk since that the center field, I thought the game, the series was over. There were so many moments like that. It was an emotional roller coaster. And I got to tell you, guys, I was there. I had never seen anything like it. A group of people celebrating on the mound, right, so happy, Clayton kershar running in from the bullpen, tiers, so happy. And yet you're hearing them. You can literally hear them word for word as they're talking and giving all these good graces to each other. Because it was silent, fifty thousand people. You can hear children crying the country. I had never seen anything like it. It was an awkward moment, the only thing I could think of. I love living my life through analogies, so forgive me on this. It's like playing in a state championship game, right, but like one team shows up with all theirs, and they've got this All American, you know, first team All State quarterback, and they're down by four and he's running down the sideline and there's no time left. He's gonna score. Not only you stop him at the one yard line, but they're bringing out a stretcher. Because they think he broke his neck. So that you're celebrating a state title. You won the state championship, there's an ambulance on the field and everyone's concerned about the.
Speaker 2: Health of the quarterback.
Speaker 3: That's where it's like.
Speaker 2: They're gonna get more analogies tomorrow on Otani Day, it is show Hey Day because that rhymes Otani. Dave is not to celebrate his number seventeen. On one seven January seventh, you said you had Greg's list the top nine because there's nine innings in a game. Is when I'm assuming show Hey moments, if I may just kind of is it. Is it one moment the game pitched and the three home runs are those separate moments? And if, in fact that is one moment, ten strikeouts and in three home runs, I would assume nothing's ever gonna top that.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 5: That's interesting because that was kind of the argument that it made when people are like, wait a minute, if it's show Hay's Greatest Moments, what do you think show Hay would want to be number one? Which is an interesting conversation. If it was show Hay's list, what do you think would be number one on show Hay's lists.
Speaker 2: Kissing the dogs, going to say some with the dog.
Speaker 3: He loves that dog on the MLB Network. When you guys gave him the MVP MVP, he wrapped the dog's neck in his arms, probably.
Speaker 5: Now regretting asking you guys, you never.
Speaker 2: About it like I thought about it. I immediately thought of the Dogs network, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I jo hey, you'd say if you gave, if you gave, show a truth theorem. There's a reason he didn't digne with Theros and the Yankees right out of Japan. And I think he had heard that Mike Trout's the greatest player in the world. He wanted to play on the same team as the greatest player in the world to show everyone he's actually the greatest player in the world. And I think show Hayes number one would be striking out Mike Trout to win the World Baseball Classic. That moment showed a different level of exuberance and national pride that I another game we've ever seen since from Shoeo Tani. He's had great games, great games, but that may have been Show hayes number one moment. It's not my number one moment on my Greg's list. It's on the list, it's not number one. Getting to what you said, and I'll just be brief on this. That game is the greatest baseball game that's ever been played. You go six scoreless, ten strikeouts, and you hit three home runs. That's the greatest singular baseball game of all time. We never have to ask that question ever again. Who played the greatest baseball game ever? I mean, what an obscure, generic question that you could go down eighteen different rabbit holes and come up with a game from nineteen twenty one, right, can't do that anymore. That's the greatest baseball game that any humans ever played in a postseason game. Six scirrelss, ten strikeouts, three homers. My goodness, show antony.
Speaker 2: My goodness.
Speaker 3: Greg Amsinger a great baseball man, a great TV man, MLB network host, and a tall drink of water. There's no doubt about it, Matt, he is long, Greg five Yeah. Wow.
Speaker 5: When you're standing next to Harold Reynolds, and sometimes Harold stands up closer to the camera because he knows I look gargantuan, and then other times he stands way back and I'm like, bro, that's not working out for you.
Speaker 3: Looks like Val Kilmer and that guy in Willow tell us about packing time, because this seems like a really fun show to be able to work on.
Speaker 2: So here's the deal.
Speaker 5: I grew up in a huge family, six boys and a girl, one of you know, a bunch of boys, and we would play baseball car games, and I was I'm obviously a huge baseball card nerd, and I would want my brothers to know a lot about all these obscure players. So I would pull a card out and I would go, Okay, we're gonna play a game. And I knew everything about all the players, so I was like the judge. So I would go, Okay, here you go, Ransomolinix, tell me everything you know about them, and they would get to have to study the baseball cards and then they would have to read facts that were off the back of the baseball cards to me, and then would go to the next card. Okay, Greg Jeffery, tell me everything you know about him. And then I'd pull another one out and it would be Frank the Pino. Tell not the third card you have to interview. Interview Frank Depino, the Lessi reliever of the Chicago Cubs. Okay, this is the game. I would play and then I would act like I'm Frankie Pino, so you gotta ask a pretty good question. So this is a this is a show that's based on that premise. I randomly pull out baseball cards. I spend three minutes telling you everything I know about each baseball card each guy. So it's like a history lesson of baseball cards. And then the third whoever I pull is the third card. It's only thirty minutes show that player will join me for an interview, and that entire interview is about that about their career. I'm not asking about current events. It's it's and by the way, stipulations, I do not include any current players or Hall of famers. They get tons of love on MLB Network. So this is a chance to talk to Sean Dunston, a chance to talk to Eric Davis, chance to talk to Wilson, a chance to talk to Larry Boa. Me, it's so much more fun. I think it's awesome, and I so far have done a few episodes that I absolutely love it.
Speaker 3: Take me pack time Someday, ten thirty Pacific, and that's the one with Larry Boa. Greg does great work.
Speaker 2: Is Oscar Damble still alive?
Speaker 5: I don't know, Matt, good question.
Speaker 2: Because that's you know, that's like a that's a that's a holy trinity of baseball cards, the Afro trifecta with Gamble and Gary Templeton. You know that could be a fun one. Wow, maybe that I know what, Greg Long, he's a lot of Sorry, I've blown the interview. It's my fault again. I've ruined everything again.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow is show hay Dan. You won't possibly be able to ruin show hay Dan. Oh, they are gonna blow it out for the greatest baseball player ever. Thank you, Greg, and thank you for doing it to promote your stuff. We really appreciate all the exuberantce and great enthusiasm and insight. Just a great interview. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Oh you guys are awesome. I appreciate your energy and your love for the game. We'll do it again soon, Okay.
Speaker 3: For sure, nobody's more seemed out than Matt and I. Come on, we sure know the game got dust in our teeth. Well, stuff of legend. That's right, man, show hey day, you gonna have a lot of Steve Nelson on there. All right, all right, we'll be back with more great sports talk, great sports Talk. Hello, PMS listener. Did you know Am five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts.
Speaker 2: There's Rogan and.
Speaker 1: Ronde, That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Big thank you to Greg Amsinger. Be sure to check out the MLB Network tomorrow for show hey Day, relive all of his exceptional accomplishments since joining the Dodgers two seasons ago. And big thank you to Greg Amsinger. Always fun when he comes on our show.
Speaker 3: I mean, I did the interview, and you know I'll show some a jovial nature. I guess when I'm doing interviews and stuff. But I'm still a little mad about the abstructions and that you won't.
Speaker 2: I haven't said I won't do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you won't acknowledge that you dropped the ball. I did not drop the ball last year, exactly I would want I would disagree.
Speaker 2: I went to a brewery.
Speaker 3: Anyway, we'll play it again. I'll let me explain it. You guys should look up Lars von Trier and you're gonna laugh. Two of the great movie makers of all time, and one was the other one's mentor, and he thought he was the perfect man, like I feel about Matt. And to prove it to himself that his mentor or was the perfect man, that perfect mix, he set up obstructions for him, movie making obstructions, and the movie became a documentary movie called The Five Obstructions. Now we come up with obstructions like that because Matt is like the perfect man for when he travels with the Chargers. Not during the regular season.
Speaker 2: I was nearly mugged at a Baltimore liquorice, but during the playoffs I went to an Edgar Allen pulled Grave site and for years he performed boring range pretty admirably. A Hasbro toy factory in Providence that I had to rent a car and drive forty five Last year in Houston, Matt phoned it in. I did not. I walked in fifteen degree weather to a fountain that was turned off because of the cold front that worked its way through the city. You sent me to a memorial that was closed, and I went, please play the intro.
Speaker 7: We want to see what he can and what he cannot do?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 7: Is he perfect enough?
Speaker 2: He entirely mad money Smith on the road with the Chargers.
Speaker 7: I would like to know something more about him.
Speaker 2: Five obstructions.
Speaker 3: While the movie you're doing.
Speaker 7: That's just something we say.
Speaker 2: Can he complete the tasks.
Speaker 7: While hoping he can do what we see he can do.
Speaker 3: What we usually do is give him four and ask him to do three, right, and if he can complete three, and I work on two.
Speaker 2: And that's why I'm disappointed, Jacksonville, I did three.
Speaker 3: This says, didn't Matt drive two plus hours through the favelas in Brazil to surf?
Speaker 2: I did? Yeah, that is true. That had nothing to do with our show, though. That was just his own. Yes, that was my own obstruction. It's my own desire. Fire at the taco bell.
Speaker 3: Have Matt go to the oldest bar in America called the bell in hand near the Quincy Market in Boston that I can get behind. That sounds pretty good, all right, let's put that on the list. Ring the bell, Ring the bell.
Speaker 2: I like that. I got a horn, so I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I'll take any more suggestions. That's not a bell.
Speaker 2: Oh, here we go. I got a bell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the bell in hand. Okay, let's do that. Hey, Pete, did you just refer to Matt and yourself as seamheads with Amzinger. I'm shot. Kates wasn't going loco in the studio. Cocaine Kates played the game. Cocaine Kates collects baseball cards and Cocaine's Kate's packs the seeds into his grill like he did almost thirty years ago. Give Kates is due. He's the seam head, not as much as Matt and I. He's a cocad. We know, we really know what's going on in baseball. Okay, second down and nine.
Speaker 2: I mean you heard Amazon. He was all into us yesday. Second down at nine.
Speaker 3: Yesterday, Matt, we talked a lot about a billboard, you know, and I did get told what dispensary that billboard is from. Not that we advertise weed dispensaries here, but the one that I saw that had a skunk sniffing smoke and it said we you smelt it, we dealt It is the Evergreen Dispensary in Corona.
Speaker 2: They deserve their just do they do, and a proper promotion.
Speaker 3: It's help billboard. No sweet James, but it's a hell of a billboard. And I mentioned one of our other favorite billboards down to ten, the Tropical l A billboard. I'm at the Tropical Lang still open the Strip club in Upland. Yes, this says the Tropical A billboard is great. But they have a marquee outside and they would always change the marquie and I remember this to some sexual pun after nine to eleven, the marquis said, twenty five nude women all behind bush.
Speaker 2: I love a good pun. Oh, come on, marquis. That has changed daily. And you know what this is? This one also, I'm a little Milton Edies right up the road, that gay couple.
Speaker 3: This says it's Milton Eddie.
Speaker 2: Hey, I pulled you in. I pulled you in.
Speaker 3: This says Matt's. Matt belongs in the hair Brain Scheme Hall of Fame. You do because you had a stupid yesterday with the Waimo thing about the dark hell.
Speaker 2: That was a great idea. Terrible.
Speaker 3: And then the other one is what the taco bell wyoming del Taco football?
Speaker 2: That's okay, what is Joey gonna do? Nothing's happened. Look at what's happening with Texas Tech football? One guy made that whole thing happen. Joey bust can be that one guy to turn around? Whyoman somehow out of it?
Speaker 3: We're going to get adeltap. Yes, I don't see it happening.
Speaker 2: Kate's and Ronnie, if you supported me more, we could get these things, perhaps.
Speaker 3: Not going with any of your stupid air braid schemes. Kate's is very pleased that you guys didn't receive a gift from Jonas Knox.
Speaker 2: That's true. He was. He was extra pleased, but he was equally as upset that Ronnie received the gift, which again for I think us and probably more so you. I think you work with Jonas well. Obviously every week you work with Jonas, you go on a show, but Jonas will fill in for you occasionally. I've probably done four or five shows of them, You've done quite a few. You would think that he would give you or me the pizzas over Ronnie and Kates. That's what I can't figure out, Like, why did Ronnie and Kates get the pizzas?
Speaker 3: And that's why he's not coming back the next time you're gone. That's right, I will not have it. I didn't get any pizza.
Speaker 2: Kates, Why do you think you and Ronnie got pizzas yet we did not. I don't know why Ronnie got pizza, but I know why I got pizzas because I book him to come fill in and give him a extra right cash in his pocket?
Speaker 3: Not anymore.
Speaker 6: Well, I know why I got a pizza. I don't not quite sure why Tim got pizzas. I got pizzas because Jonas and I are personal friends. Oh well, he's again not just for radio.
Speaker 2: Okay, would you did you buy him a gift? Ronnie kindergarten?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Birthday every year actually for the past few years. You guys all suck. I hate everybody here.
Speaker 2: Kate's a big winner. By the way, he doesn't buy Jonas any gifts, and yet he gets him Ronnie. It's in exchange, like.
Speaker 3: Just so you know.
Speaker 2: You know, I liked to do nice things for my friends.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're friends. Outside, if Jonas asked you to borrow the karaoke machine, I bet you drive it over to his house.
Speaker 2: Hell yeah, come get it right now. I'll meet you halfway.
Speaker 3: Send Smith's ass out to the Tam Tam bar on Fremont. It's a dirty pee hole. He'll be with his people.
Speaker 2: All right, let's talk about that into the idea. I like the oldest bar in America idea. But to me, that's a no brainer.
Speaker 3: Ronnie got Jonas a gift. I bet it was a new thumb ring. Do you tell you?
Speaker 2: Oh, Jonas, you do so good on the challenge.
Speaker 3: I love you too. Fred tricked you bitches into talking sports by talking puck. You guys took the butt bait again. Every day is a fishing trip when the monkeys do as they're told.
Speaker 2: Fred, that's pretty good, well done, touched.
Speaker 3: Those are all right, Green Dragon Tavern, Quincy Market. Great drinks, and you can sing with the cover bands on the corner. Command to pockey on a corner, sing some fauna. Hey, we're friends outside of radio, okay, like not just this right, we understand each other at a different level.
Speaker 2: You idiots, not fake friends. Never get shallow pizza. I hope you choke on that sausage. She'sed to get lodged in one of the ventricles of your heart. Oh God, the wow.
Speaker 3: I mean I go. I get up at five in the morning, right every every week, not even five like four point thirty, so I can do their show. Once a week on the on the Blowtorch. Tomorrow morning, I'll be up and this guy's buying stuff for Ronnie and Kate's who are better?
Speaker 2: Ask him on the air tomorrow, Dad, iss sleep and I know what you guys are talking about tomorrow talk about appointment based listening. Jonas, where the eff of my pizzas? And then Brady and Lavarga and like, where are pizzas? What are you doing today?
Speaker 3: Let's hang out. I don't ever hear that, And how is your weekend? Like, hey, I was with Jonas? Yeah, when played some minigls went to the tammer Shanter. Never hear it.
Speaker 2: I went there by the way over Christmas.
Speaker 6: Maybe there's a karaoke get together in the near future with my good friend Jonas.
Speaker 2: We'll see, we'll be back. The word number saw Chanter, Yeah, I heard that. I wasn't invited to that either. Didn't share that with us. On how was your Christmas vacation?
Speaker 3: I forgot You've got excise a little bit. I mean you can't.
Speaker 2: We'll be back. What's your word number?
Speaker 3: Song of the Day