Speaker 1: All right, back on the Eddie and Rocky Show, Rock Out Today. Jason Williams from The Inquire at Cincinnati dot Com is with me here on a Friday, which makes this a Friday kind of extra special because coming off of a Bengals win that game last night, that was fun, that's all that. Oh yeah, that was just.
Speaker 2: A fun game to watch, and you know, really really happy for Bengals fans. You know, you saw that very game last year and you knew exactly how that game was going to go. And for it to go the other way finally this time, for them to win in an outscoring of you know, outscoring the other team finally, I think that was pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Well, let's talk to our usual Friday guest around about this time. It's our good friend Richard Skinner from Local twelve and Skinny Ears talking there. And that was we were talking to Jason Hoffman the other day and talking about how one would be fun to see an old fashioned shootout between these eighty plus years where the quarterbacks out in the field, and that's when it turned out to be.
Speaker 3: I mean, they combined for seven touchdown passes and two interceptions, both by Aaron Rodgers, but the seven touchdown passes for two four year old quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Is just insane to think about.
Speaker 3: It's one thing to think about when you think that Joe Flacco has only been here for nine days basically between the time he got traded in that game, and he's already played two games in the nine games span. I mean, two of the most interesting.
Speaker 4: Things last night, and I was down there for Zach killer press conference today, was Joe mentioned, actually Zach mentioned last night. Joe reiterated that there were times where Zach would call in a play and they're so long, the play calls are so long that Joe didn't completely understand it, and so there are times they lined up in correctly and I and Joe said, he goes. I was so grateful that Zach was patient and just let kind of the play go because I kind of.
Speaker 3: Knew the concept. I knew where, you know, we needed to go. I knew we didn't line up the way we're supposed to line up.
Speaker 4: I had that danswered, I mean, you only have three timeouts to burn, so you can't just keep going. You lined up long time out. You line up long time out. And he laughed, and he said, you know, It's great that Joe said he was patient or I was paid with him because he was patient with me. Because they said those play calls sometimes they just go so fast and you just don't hear them, and so you're dealing with that on top of all of that that, like, you know, the play calls one thing, and guys are going the wrong way, line up the wrong lene. You just go, let's go, let's play. And it was wild to watch how wide open Jamar Chase got on easy routes. It was listen, man, I'm I'm an old guy. Man, I've seen a lot of stuff in this league. Last night was in the top five of wild.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, And it was funny along those lines. Zach joked last night said, you know that that Joe's you know, he has to he doesn't understand my my Oklahoma accent, or he's taking a look like whatever. Justice jokingly, of course, but yeah, you're right, Like now that you sit here the day after and the game gets over so late and you're trying to process it, and it's like holy cow. And then you're like the two old guys and Jamar Chase with the record sixteen catches and it's pretty incredible. I mean the fact that then and then the the Bengals, you know, go down there and the friar moveth has just got to haunt those guys, you know, and Aaron Rodgers does what Aaron Rodgers does at quintessential roll out, finds him down the field with what two thirty one somewhere around and there, and you're like yeah, and you're kind of like, here we go again. Yeah, that was it. That was the game right there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you were yeah, seconds away from a no, you were seconds or not sign. You are minutes away from a soul snatching, season ending loss, right because there's no way you rebound from that. You just don't. It's your fifth in a row. You did everything on offense you could literally possibly do. I mean, you got twenty three targets to Jamar Chase and he caught sixteen of them. I mean, you did everything in your power and you're minutes away from a soul snatching loss. And then two completions of Javar and then a complettion up the sideline with te Higgins who had the wherewithal And and knew it. They told him ahead of time to slide down so they could eat up some clock. And then I guarantee you everybody's holding their breath on the on the field goal. I mean, you got a you got an undrafted rookie long snapper, a second year punter who dropped the snap last year, and and you know, Evan nick Pherson.
Speaker 4: Hasn't made a clutch. This is no knock and you just hasn't made a clutch field goal in a while. He's made a lot of them, but he hasn't made one in a while. And so you're still even if it's a thirty six yard you're like, eh, what could possibly go in here? And when things are going haywire, you either lose it thirty one thirty because of the friar routh touschdown and don't get your range, or you lose it because there's something wacky on the field goal.
Speaker 3: And they won it.
Speaker 4: And man, I'm telling you, I was in the locker room today and usually the day after game, like Mondays are a ghost town.
Speaker 3: They come out of meetings and they snatch up their stuff and they're gone.
Speaker 4: And today, man, they're dancing in there crazy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I'll tell you, man, the way that game started also yeah, the Steelers passed. They were all over flat though. It was like this is gonna be brutal. Then all of a sudden, I mean, what happened? Guys? You tell me. Did the offensive line just stout up or did the Steelers back down on the rush? What happened there?
Speaker 4: I mean, I will say this, I think I don't have the exact number.
Speaker 3: It's either ninety eight or ninety nine. Let's just round it to one hundred. Jill Flacco's had one hundred drop backs from the last two games, and he's been sacked three times. And that's the guy who's supposed to be a statue, who is supposed.
Speaker 4: To not be able to move, and he doesn't move.
Speaker 3: I mean, made a nice run on the Reid option play, but he doesn't move, but he gets it out of his hands so quickly. And I do think I do think the offensive line's played good. Asked that today, I mean, if you found your two guards, and he was kind of wish you washing, because I don't think he wants to bury Dylan Fairchild, the rookie, and Lucas Patrick. But Dalton Reiser was awful at right guard and the two starts he made He's been great at left card the two starts he's made. Dylan Rivers gave up a sack last night, the rookie right guard, but for the most part he keeps the sending. Marius Men's last night was great. Orlando Brown Junior hasn't played well the last few games, and suddenly he played well last night. And you know again, some of it is Flackel gets it out of his hand fast. I think the game before the Packer game when he got out of his hands in two point five seconds or less, he was twenty one of twenty five. I don't have that metric from last night. I don't know what that is. But he got out of his hands so fast, like there was a touchdown to t Higgins, the one where te Carter out to twenty and then race the last twenty yards into the end zone. If you watch that play from behind, and I am bed tweets in my game stories, I'm doing it. I embedded a tweet of Joe the scene from behind the line of screamage, Like with Joe Flacco's looking at he's through that with such anticipation, like there's a defender, but he knows where he's gonna go and he's gonna go behind the defender in front of the other defender.
Speaker 4: And he puts in a perfect spot where he catches it goes up the field. I mean a lot of this is on Joe Flacco getting out of his hands quickly, So it's I don't even know what the sand that. It has been just.
Speaker 3: Remarkable to watch, especially the last six quarters of this offense, and.
Speaker 2: Even his unremarkable stuff was remarkable. I was trying to squeeze this in my columns and say dot com, and I couldn't figure out a way to get it in there. You know how that goes skinny when you're trying to write something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, read right. Well no, no, not the read option. It was.
Speaker 2: It was in midway through the third quarter. They're down in the red zone there and he you know, Flacco's under pressure on second, second goal and he drops back under pressure.
Speaker 1: He just throws the ball out.
Speaker 5: Of the little way.
Speaker 2: Then on the next play, third and goal, he rolls out right. No one's open. He's basically throws the ball on the ground close enough to a receiver. They chip shot field goal. They go up twenty to ten. They don't waste that opportunity there to score and obviously in a close game, and that was in the middle of a where they had gone six straight drives where they scored either touchdown or field goal. And I thought again that that right there was part of why they brought Joe Flacco here because Jake Brown, god God love him, he would have tried to force something there. And we all know when he was forcing stuff, the bad stuff that was happening. But you know that doesn't jump out at you and we're not really breaking that down and you know, all over the place. But I thought those two consecutive incompletions were really critical.
Speaker 4: No, that's a great that's a great point.
Speaker 3: I didn't say it in either, but I remember the I remember the sequence like it was two minutes ago. And I think it's one of the reasons they don't go get a Russell Wilson other than you know, some of the locker room via stuff. But it's you know, Russell still thinks he can create with his feet and make plays and he just can't. At some point, you just can't. Joe never did. Joe fucker never did.
Speaker 4: He never had. It's not been his DNA. It's been fight for another down. Yep, and you know that the arms, the arm talent is still there, the anticipation is still there. You can tell, man.
Speaker 3: He he wants so badly to make this work. Like I can't remember the question last night Jason Prescower was a long line of did you ever think you, you know, two weeks ago, do you ever think you'd have a chance to feel this again and start again? And he kind of pauses, No, not really, And I think he's relishing the fact that he's getting this opportunity and it's it's just amazing. I said, that's somebody from the We were kind of in a circle, you know, waiting for some players in the locker room. I said, you know, if Joe Burrow comes back later this year, I mean you could maybe potentially have two or co comeback Players of the Year in the NFL this year. Joe Flaco for coming back from what he came back from and Joe Burrow for come back when he came back from It's insane.
Speaker 1: Wow, you know what that's uh, Well, for one thing, I also wanted to touch on what you guys think about and who doesn't love to see Mike Tomlin wine about Flaco coming from the Browns to the to the Bengals, like, why would you do that? They're stupid? But also, what happens at the end of the year. Let's say that Flaco, that's say they win, how whatever, It's going to be five games between now and when he potentially could come back, maybe six games something like that. Let's say he wins four out of those six games? Do you bring back Burrow? Kill Burrow's Joe Burrow? And if kill Burrow is one hundred percent, it's Jill Burrow times one thousand. I'll use an example. People in the audience will not know this, reffors. Some will, I'm so sorry I shouldn't say that way, but most people won't. The nineteen seventy two Miami Dolphins, the finish undefeated. Bob Greasey, their quarterback, their starting quarterback, broke his ankle in game.
Speaker 3: Four or five. I came rich and an old vet your name, Earl Morele, came in and Earl led him to it, led him all the way to an undefeated season. And then Earl starts the first playoff game and did okay, and they came back and won. Then in the second playoff game, they're in Pittsburgh and Earl isn't playing so good, and they turned back to Bob Greasy and then Bob Greasy at that point was healthy, led him to a win, and then they started Bob Greasy and the super Bowl and led him to win. Bob Greasy isn't even Joe Burrow. And Bob Greasey is a great player. I mean he was one of the great quarterbacks of his generation. Joe Burrow is too, and I think Joe Flacco understands that. Again, this is all things being equal with Joe Burrow coming back one hundred percent, I mean, when he's one hundred percent and you know he's one hundred percent, I mean, there's not even a debate.
Speaker 4: It's a good question, Eddy, because it was like should you write the hot hand?
Speaker 2: No, sorry, I'm right to Joe went back to that, uh the Tomlin and you know, I know it came off as whiny, and I know this isn't necessarily a local angle to this, but overall, when you look at the AFC North, I mean, he makes a good point and then you're kind of like, I mean, you, no, he's not wrong, and you know we were talking you skinny sits a couple of seats away from me in the press box. And you know, we were talking about this last night, about what the heck were the Cleveland Browns thinking about trading this guy? This guy is by far was a you know, at least you think like he's their best quarterback and uh, you know, I mean clearly, well right, I mean, and they they have the defense to keep him in and like, all right, if you'd have kept flaccoh and he could have done this now, Joe, and Cleveland doesn't.
Speaker 1: They don't have a Jamar or t which is a huge deal, but.
Speaker 4: Part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, No, And to boath things real quick on Tomlin, I mean, he's not wrong, and I think he knew he was scared of Oh my gosh, I'm gonna say, Shoe Flako won a big game. I mean last night, made Mike Tomlin on the road in the AFC North on Thursday night games and win seven.
Speaker 4: You don't think he didn't know that in the back of his mind. I'm O and six. I gotta play this guy.
Speaker 3: And lastly, I mean to the Browns point, I think the Browns just simply did an old pro a solid and I.
Speaker 4: Know that's that's usually.
Speaker 1: I agree with that.
Speaker 3: Like, you know, you came and bail us out in twenty twenty three and you got us to the playoffs. We're terrible, and we know we're terrible, and let's go with a youth movement. Let's let's let's see with the rookie. The two rookies have for us at quarterback, and they did the guy a solid and on every.
Speaker 1: Acame and cost Oh yeah, exactly with the with that's skinny, we will let you go, buddy, Thanks so much, have great week, go thanks our good friend to Richard Skinner. And with that we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on? Jayson Williams from The Inquirer since ninety dot com is with me, Jase, want to salute our citizen of the day here on the Indiant Rocky Show. It's Mike from Joe's Piece Area in Dayton, my old uh, my old hometown. Mike a big listener of the show, So salute to Mike. Is it Dayton style pizza?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, dude, for my money, that thin crust that's real big yeah. I mean you can get it anywhere, but that called that's Detroit style. Or Dayton style, whatever you want to call it. But yeah, nice thin crust, underrated, man, a lot of goop Dayton Dayton style pizza, underrated. I like it. I'm with it me too, And cheers Mike. Uh so you were there last night, yes, sir? What was the what was the vibe? It looked like I told my wife right when the game started, when the when the Steelers just drove, and the fact that Aaron Rodgers could stand back in the pocket and dance around for like, yeah, eight ten seconds. You ain't gonna win a lot of games. I can't if you're that's your defense. But they it's mal pulled it out place Place was really really subdued. I thought I thought it was going to be. I thought it would be quite subdued after that, and then it felt like it was that way really for the most part, all the way up until well, I mean until you know, Moneymack get the game winner there, and even then you're just kind of like still eleven second what it was it's eleven seconds? I think was let like, oh, Aaron Rodgers are gonna hit one of those hail aris. I legitimately think that that was probably in the back of a lot of Bengals fans minds, because this is exactly the game that has not gone their way the last few seas well last season. You know, that close game.
Speaker 2: That defense is not good and it's probably worse this year than it was last year. And I know it that's been a little overshadowed because of the quarterback stuff.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and then.
Speaker 2: But it was just really magical there that And it's kind of an overused term, but for someone in there, I think it might have been Skinny in the press box said or PDJ may have said it like Steelers may have scored too fast there the way Flacco was going, and sure enough they did.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what I thought, Yeah, like, maybe slow your role here these guys. Uh, Flacco has been all up your butt the whole game, and now all of a sudden, you're gonna pull the trigger. My first reaction was, Okay, here's where the Steelers defense is going to show up, and they're gonna you kept waiting for that, right, So there's gonna be an influencer or they're gonna be in Uh, you know, something's gonna happen in the interception of some nature. And then uh, and then that happened. But watching Flacco run for whatever it was thirteen fourteen yards or whatever, I'm sitting there thinking, dude, you look like me running. But hey, there wasn't anybody within ten yards of them.
Speaker 2: I mean that entire stadium him. We were all fooled. Any you just can't help but chuckle. And that was that was that was cool? What what?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 2: As as much as Zach Taylor takes a lot of heat for the play calls, there were a couple of moments last night, you were like number one, that was a good play call. Number two there was a call where I mean it was funny because he had challenged the spot and that was one of those spots where like, I mean they literally I think it was like four inches they needed to go. And you're like Zach is so many times it feels like in the last few years where it's like you try to get cute, you know, and like last night, by golly, it was you know, there's Joe Flacco just you know, snuck it right up the middle. I believe Chase came in almost like a kind of a mini tush push didn't really need to do it, but Chase Brown just kind of comes up, gives him the nudge, didn't need to and uh.
Speaker 1: First down. Hats off to Chase brow hell of a game last night. I mean, it's great to see because, like when you it's got to happen.
Speaker 2: The way they run the ball allows Flacco, it only helps them. And you know they didn't have that with Jake Browning and you know that, Yeah, I'm not you know, Jake Brownie had his issues, but there were some things there that you know, he could have gotten some.
Speaker 1: Help on with that. We check in with traffic and weather. We got John Mattaree's coming up. But that's one of the things I said to my wife last night, was like, it's not a good night to beat to beat. Jake Browning Show with Jason Williams from the Inquire Cincinnati dot Com is with me and as we do about this time every Friday, Jase, we talked to this fellow right here, John Mattei's Channel nine. Don't Waste your money and Johnny, we've been talking about the Bengals game. Obviously it's been big topic of discussion. So what has happened to Bengals ticket prices? As of I know about one o'clock this morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, guys, good afternoon. It is amazing what's happened with Bengals ticket prices. You should have bottom oh about two and a half weeks ago and the Boys were in the middle of that four game Yid browning at the quarterback and people were saying, it's another lost season. It was looking like another Andy Dalton type of year. And the ticket prices were actually dropping to about fifty bucks just a week and a half ago. Two weeks ago, fifty bucks. You want to go into game fifty bucks because you know, it just wasn't much demand. And it is unbelievable what has happened since last night about eleven thirty pm. The prices are ticking up. And yeah, and the this is on Ticketmaster because Ticketmaster does the verified we sail very trustworthy. The cheapest game right now I'm finding is the upcoming one and a week and a half the Jets, because it's the Jets. What are they like, They're zh to twelve already, right, you know, you know it's a get and there, yeah and there. Now the ticket prices are starting at ninety dollars, that's the upper deck ninety You want a decent seat in the Bowl. We're talking about two hundred. It's the resale price right now for the jet and they're cheap compared to the next weekend when the Bears. The Bear's got to down. And when the Bears come, it's sort of like when Pittsburgh comes. They tend to bring their fans with them. We drive down and they're finding the starting tickets starting prices around one hundred and eighty dollars. That's upper deck one eighty, and then you're getting two fifty three hundred down in the Bowl. So it is unbelievable. Guys, what's happened in just a week and a half since Joey two point zero arrived. Because it's amazing. I mean they were giving tickets away for forty and fifty bucks two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah. With the well, the Bears fans are going to be just like the Cubs fans. I mean, look at it when the Cubs play here in town. Jase, you can testify for this one. You're right. I was gonna say, yeah.
Speaker 4: You go to Great American and it's all through half right.
Speaker 1: It might be fifty to fifty easy. Yeah, So that's what we're going to see you here.
Speaker 2: So yeah, well yeah, John, I'm on stub Hub right now, and yeah, some of those things that you're just mentioning, it's the same old story over there on StubHub too.
Speaker 1: I mean there's there.
Speaker 2: There's one in the lower bowl at five forty five right now, there's one in the middle club level at seven thirteen.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, Yeah, that's the.
Speaker 4: Fancy, that's the padded the special path beats. You're covered from the rain in the snow.
Speaker 1: So the Bears.
Speaker 4: If you want one other chief game, we looked ahead. And if you want one other cheap game, it's the Arizona Cardinals in December, because Arizona doesn't bring the crowd and people are like Arizona, you know, they're not even in our division. So you will find cheap receipts for that game. But that's about it, the Jets or Arizona. Other than that, the prices are going up. As long as Flacco's throwing like he's through last night, those prices are gonna keep going on.
Speaker 1: Well you know guess where it's it's free. It's on my couch, but put it on the TV.
Speaker 4: Yep, sit there on the count. Grab that six pack. And Natty Light and you are good to go.
Speaker 1: And oh, we were just again talking about Chicago with the Did you guys hear about the Pope with somebody in the crowd when he was in the popemobile and somebody's like going go Cubs. Yeah, you know, he's a white Sox. He's a white Sox fan. And and the Pope heckles, reverse, heckles a guy and goes they lost. I mean, I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it when the Pope's heckling people.
Speaker 1: I like, but you could wear that on your sleeve forever. The Pope gave me crap man boom.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So what else are we talking about here?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: What's this garage door scam we're talking about?
Speaker 5: Johnny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a real scam involving garage doors if you need a repair. And in fact, I just talked to this company, PDQ Garage Doors when I heard them heard their ads. They're out in Milford and they said, whoa, people are impersonating us. They're pretending to be us, Oh wow. And they're showing up at people's homes around especially Claremont County, but it could be anywhere else in the Tri State too, And they're you know, going up to the door. Guy pulls up in a white van and says, hey, I'm here with PDQ doors and I'm here for your annual checkup and adjustment. And it's like what it's like, yeah, ninety nine dollars we check and adjust your door.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: So the person's like, okay, PDQ have heard of them, or maybe you have they installed your door. And a guy gets out there kind of opens and shuts the door, and he goes, oh, you got a problem here. This cable is getting ready to snap. I need to fix this immediately. And next thing you know, you know, you're out six hundred bucks. I had a lady I interviewed. She's had a Bethel and this is amazing, and she says, guy comes out, he says, you need a spring four hundred dollars. She goes, okay, four hundred bucks. Whatever. You don't make the garage door work right. He starts taking the spring apart. Then he says, oh, wait a minute, you need a new table, and then you need the new little rollers on the cable. He wouldn't leave until she paid him twelve hundred dollers one thousand, two hundred dollars and she doesn't even know who he is. I mean, he's just Jimmy Bob and a you know, a rusty white van. So PDQ Door is just saying watch out, you know. And it may they may be in person in other local garage door companies too, But this is as I like to say, it's a scam because you get a skim because you got to watch out for this. You know, they'll show up and say, yeah, I'm here to adjust your door, and especially if I well, maybe my wife had had an appointment with them, or she's home and she goes, well, maybe my husband made an appointment with them. So watch out for these scammy garage door people. I've got the whole story on WCPO dot com and on my John Madley's Facebook page. And this woman I feel for She spent twelve hundred dollars, just wanted they got to leave. At that point she said he was creepy and she said, I just want him to leave. She to pay some twelve hundred dollars, give him a credit card. Yeah, and you can't dispute it because because he did the job. He actually did replace like everything in her house, you know.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, they actually actually actually he actually did the actual job.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he did the job. She probably didn't need any of that done. It probably just needed to be lubricated, so it wasn't so it wasn't noisy. But you know, he did twelve hundred dollars worth of work, and you dispute it to your credit card and they reach out to Jim Bob, and Jim Bob goes, oh, I did the drawba but on new cables, so real careful.
Speaker 1: It's like when they when you get your oil change and they're coming around with every filter you didn't even know was in the car, going oh, yeah.
Speaker 4: We have to change the passenger air cabin solder. That correct sixty dollars okay, And then you go home and you look at your handbook and you go, wait a minute, this car doesn't have a passenger cabin air filter. That's on those fancy Aldis and BMW's. I don't have that my Chevy. But yeah, the same sort of thing where they add stuff on and it's like, what the hell did I just get charged for?
Speaker 2: If Jim Bob is taking credit cards, this this isn't going to go real far for him, right, I mean you're there's there's some trick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And in fact PDQ Door says they're talking to the police about it because they're trying to get to the bottom of who is running around in these old rusty vans trying to fixture former employee.
Speaker 1: Employe he knows how to fix the garage door. Maybe he is, well, who knows.
Speaker 4: For these creepy people. I'm supposed to be the only creepy person out there.
Speaker 1: Looking around the sea for creepiness. You're the uh yeah, you're the guy and the fedora and the trench co walking.
Speaker 4: Around going in the sun glasses. John may.
Speaker 1: Hamburger lady.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm but I'm allowed to be creepy. So you know, watch your children and it's a living Take care, hey, got that, have a great weekend and don't waste your money.
Speaker 1: Thanks John, our good friend, John Matterys w c PO and nine News coming up next. Speaking of creepy, We've talked to this fellow a couple of years in a row around this time of year, and they have now been named I'm Scott the scariest.
Speaker 5: It's the the.
Speaker 1: Haunted houses are all around here, you know, end school, all that, all that stuff. This has been named the scariest haunted house in the world. Just that old slaughterhouse down the old slaughterhouse down in Texas. We got the guy who runs it coming up after our news right now, News Radio seven hundred w l W. All right, here it is after Friday, coming up on the Halloween season. Jason, know we are two weeks out. Why don't we do got your candy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, took out a second mortgage to get that candy this year.
Speaker 1: How about talked about yeah, how about how expensive that is now brutal? But uh, you know people are going out to the uh, to the haunted houses and all that stuff. Did you ever do that when you were a kid. When you were you didn't go to the.
Speaker 2: I grew up on a farm mountain then, as you know, right, we didn't do trick or treating. We didn't we didn't do Halloween. The only thing Halloween we'd do is like at school, we'd dress up, right, you know that right around the school.
Speaker 1: No corn maize, nothing like that, none of that. None of it. Come on, man, none of its kind of childhood my own corner may we had a corn field. Well, yeah, I ever wanted to walk through the corn I'd go over or my grandpa's what we lived on his. I mean our house was built on his farm, so I can go over to his cornfield and walk around. You don't want to do that though, because there's these massive banana spiders that set up shop. Why white Grandpa had a tobacco flork. It was scary down in deep down in southeast Kentucky. Yeah, and uh you could run into all kinds of little critters and underneath those plands.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but these haunted houses and stuff, people pay good money. They you know, King's Islands making a fortune off of that stuff. Blah blah blah on the mall exactly. And there is one that has now been voted the scariest in the world.
Speaker 2: Play spots just be because you and I we've talked about this before.
Speaker 1: Yeah and uh it just.
Speaker 2: No thank you for me, But I'm excited for to hear from our guests about it.
Speaker 1: We have talked to our guests before. He owns the cutting Edge haunted house in Fort Worth. It is Todd, Ja James Todd, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 6: Oh thanks for having me on.
Speaker 1: So Todd, I mean to be voted best best in the worst scariest in the world. Dude. That's big.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Man, I don't even know how that happens. Uh, but it's an honor for sure. But you know, we're just, yeah, we just love to scare people and we try real hard.
Speaker 1: So what are they what did they judge that on, Todd? I mean, how many people have heart attacks? And do you have how many ambulance calls you all have or what's.
Speaker 4: Oh I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it's that big.
Speaker 6: But we definitely it's all about our actors and we do, uh, we do a Broadway style audition for our actors and actresses and you know, they get called back auditions and we get hundreds of people trying out, and you know, we picked the cream of the crowd, people that are fat, the big, or just scary looking, and you know, put them all together and they make a great team and then we have a bunch of fun.
Speaker 2: Todd, The Cutting Edge on an House alone scares me because you're in an old slaughter house, right, and so the name cutting Edge is that, right? And it kind of set the scene there in Fort Worth for why this place is so scary.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, it's in a one hundred and twelve year old meat packing plant that'd been abandoned for a long time. And it's in a part of Fort Worth, Texas historically known as Hell's Half Acres. So it's kind of got some good history to it. And you know, it goes that you go up and down, you know, several stories and then down into this bank basement and I mean the building alone is foreboding and awesome, but you know, then you add a bunch of great sets and darkness and fog and chainsaws and banana spiders, and you got something.
Speaker 1: So you're talking about auditioning all these people. We've talked about this before, but how many your cast is? How many people?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 6: We weren't about one hundred people cast, one hundred and fifty total, And uh yeah, it's it's a big production. It's it's it's not unlike a Broadway show that you would walk through, which would probably get really torn up. But uh, I mean, if you if you look at our sets and our music and our actors, and we have this amazing drum line, if you look up cutting edge of drum line, you can kind of see the quality of the drum line they're they're one of the best around and and you know we sort of mish mash all that together with amazing actors and and then you know, we.
Speaker 5: Come up with something that's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: And yeah, people coming from all over right to come the cutting edge.
Speaker 5: They do.
Speaker 6: They like doubts what we're pret pretty nice place to visit. And Fort Worth has a lot going on and uh and uh you can you can fit the hanted house in there and it works out really well.
Speaker 1: Todd James is our guest and uh, Todd, how talk about how you guys came to uh to get this old beat packing place? I mean, just an old abandoned building and you was it known to be I not haunted, but yeah, I mean, just how did you come across it? I guess I'll just make those short question.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm from, Uh, I'm here locally. And so you drove past that place for years since you know, well when I was in college, and it sets on top of this hill sort of at the converge and so of several of our highways, and it would just set there empty.
Speaker 1: For years and years.
Speaker 6: And uh we were in another place, uh for for a bit, and I always thought, man, I'd sure like to get that place on top of that hill because it's super creepy. And finally, I just kind of met an old guy that owned it and talked to him for a long time, many years, and I guess I wore him down and he sold it and let us start scaring people in it because it did work out really well for us. It's in, it's in a perfect location, and it's on the top of a creepy hill. So uh yeah, yeah, just kind of eyebaulted for.
Speaker 5: A long time.
Speaker 1: And you've been doing this with thirty five years, is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Thirty five years to start thirty six season.
Speaker 5: That's that's right?
Speaker 1: And is it? Is it? Is it a new Is it a different experience every year? So certainly if you're a local and you you know, you've been coming every year, are you getting scared in a different way every year?
Speaker 6: Oh? Yeah, Yeah, we're always we're constantly changing and innovating, and that's kind of why we, you know, named ourselves years ago cutting ends. We decided we were going to be different than everybody else and do things differently. So you know, every year we're we're you know, we reinvent and innovate, and it's uh, I mean, it's not not just me and the builders and the special effects guys. Man, we take you know, all of our actors have great ideas and uh, you know, everybody and all the departments will come up and say, hey, you know you have thought about this, and we'll be like.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we haven't.
Speaker 4: Let's do that.
Speaker 6: So we got it. Yeah, So you know, we're not probable.
Speaker 5: Enough to think that we all make it.
Speaker 6: It takes it takes one hundred and it takes one hundred and fifty people and everybody's ideas.
Speaker 1: To turn this thing out. Sometimes, well it's like Santa's workshop. When do you you guys just on November first, are you already plotting next year or when you go about like starting to invent new scenarios and whatnot.
Speaker 6: Oh man, it's when we're walking around now at the show.
Speaker 1: People are just coming up going, you know, what we should do next year?
Speaker 6: And then all the ideas started, it aren't getting generated. But we take a little time down after November first, enjoy the holidays, and then you know, by January we're back at it. So back at it building and retooling, and we're open for a Valentine's Day show, which is pretty cool. We do all the Friday the thirteenth in there, which is nice, and then we do a summer a summer show, so we're always kind of popping this show out every couple of months.
Speaker 1: So that was what I was going to ask you.
Speaker 2: This is a this is a full time job, right, I mean you've made a time job out of a haunted house. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well talk about crazy nich Yeah right, well you can you can check it out and see what the cutting edge Haunted House is all about. Voted the scariest in the world, Todd James, thanks so much. You can check it out on YouTube, and man, I'm again, I'm sure once you get that kind of thing scariest in the world, like Jason said earlier, you have to have people coming from like Europe and stuff going like I got to see this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we get a lot of people that travel, and that's you know, that's we're just we're just really blessed and can't can't be thankful enough for for the great people that work with us.
Speaker 5: And we just we have an amazing team.
Speaker 1: So I mean that's at that force, all right, brother good stuff. Man's on all your success.
Speaker 6: Thanks so much, appreciate you Havevy Halloween. You folks have fine watch out for those treacherous.
Speaker 1: You never know, Boddy, keep out on the cordfield. You don't have to worry about the banana spiders. But see that's I haven't been one of those in a long time, and I think they've just because everything has gotten so much.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 1: I when I was like in high school and stuff, we went to a couple of those things. And back then, I mean, people could like grab you and stuff. And I think finally that well probably because somebody who would grab you would get their lights shut out on them with with a punch by a big guy. But there was a lawsuit or time. I'm sure there was a couple of lawsuits along the way. Now, no physical content of that type of thing, but back in the day. But I can't imagine how scary this must be. If it's voted the scariest in.
Speaker 2: The world, I'll take your word for it. If you're into that sort of thing, this sounds like something to travel for.
Speaker 1: Well, hey, look, I'm sure people there are people who do this kind of If there are people who travel all around and go to everything on what's the show Diners, Drivers and dives. They you know, retired people, couples will drive all over the country and visit every one of those little diners and you know mom and pop places.
Speaker 2: I'm just talking to someone the other day has been in within the last week about how they love Fort Worth.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I think I think that whole area is just one big concrete suburb, right, But like Fort Worth is unique. And then you got Dallas and that's a I've been through the airport. That's about the size of it. That's all I know about Dallas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's big. With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on? Samstell shaking my head over the fact that you never had a Halloween experience when you were a kid. Nothing, those soaping windows.
Speaker 2: No, you know, it's like it's interesting. I I've come to enjoy it now. You know, live in Wyoming and we live in a you know, obviously a neighborhood where so many kids come through. And sure, I'm getting to the point now where I don't have to walk out with my kids because they're old enough. Like I mean, I mean, I'm excited about giving out cant like just giving out the candies, sitting there and handing it out and seeing all the kids that come up.
Speaker 1: And yeah, when I lived in Oakley, we it got to be because you know, obviously you've got to know everybody who lives around you and stuff. And everybody was was young younger, and by that, I mean they were just starting families and stuff. So they're coming around with their three four year olds and uh and stuff, and but they know you. And so the guys were like and dev and I'd be sitting there. I was made up a big pot of chili on Halloween and we would sit there on the front porch, eat chili and drink beers and whatnot. Well, then people started, the dads especially would stop by the house because they knew. They were like, hey, you go, they know I'd give them a beer in other words, a few road pops and uh, that's debuts. Did that was her duty. She took the kids out. Yeah, I think I did it one year when they were little. I walked around with her because that's when the kid and and anybody with kids know its that it doesn't know a three year old. It does them no good to get a giant bag of candy. So you take them out to like five or six houses and get them a couple of candy bars. They're gonna go yes, but it's when they get to be about ten eleven that they want to be out.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: If that thing starts at six o'clock and last until eight, they're out at five point fifty nine point five nine yes, and back at you know, seven fifty nine nine nine yes, and they've gotten everything they can. And I told that story before there a bunch of boys went out, they were probably about eleven twelve, and they took an exchange student from Italy out with them, and the kid had never experienced a trigger treat. So I'm kind of hanging back and watching what's going on. They're swapping cant you know how you do. I'll give you this recing cap for you're yeah, for your payday or whatever, and so this poor kid, I'm watching it and they're like going, hey, I think his name is Luca, Hey, Luca, I'll give you a I'll give you a what this piece of candy corn for your pack of recent your recent cup there, My kid's like okay. And that lasted for about three minutes. I finally walked over to go guys, he to.
Speaker 2: Have none of my wife correct the full sized Snickers bar.
Speaker 1: Coming up. We're gonna be talking to our good friend John Risby, the patent professor. This involves Ohio State and Michigan. This should be good after the news right now News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm here at Dancing the Robots with my good friend Jason Williams, who is in for Rocky today. Rock will be back on Monday. Rocket is a working game in James Madison tomorrow, James Madison old Dominion. I had to ask you to get more Virginia than that. Well, that's when I asked him. I was like, Buddy, I gotta tell you. I've always heard of James Madison, but I don't have any I had no idea where it's at, and he told me in the mountains of Virginia. So in uh, in other news, this was, uh, look love me, respect me. Some Ohio State Buckeyes. But the Ohio State needs to kind of slow the roll a little bit.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: They're a little tight assed, if you know what I mean they are? Did you, well, you saw this story that we're going to be talking about here, Ohio University is suing a local bar in ann Arbor because they have a beer out called buck Eye Tears. Now, why let's talk to our good friend John Risby, the patent professor about it. Now, John, are we over assessing the fact that maybe Ohio State needs to just slow their role and have a laugh about this? But man, these guys are really protective of that trademark.
Speaker 8: They are, right, Hey, John, Let's put you on hold for a second and see if we can get a better connection with you.
Speaker 1: And but yeah, these uh, this is a local bar in ann Arbor. They've been selling this beer for a couple of years and Ohio State has taking them to court over it. It's actually pretty good. I mean, that's a pretty cool name and very very creative. I think to name a beer Buckeye Tears if you're an ann Arbor bar, sports bar, look at this is a storied rivalry. And let's get back to John. Hey, hey, John, So anyway, it's good to have you back now. But talk about how it seems petty to me.
Speaker 9: Well, they got media or try to get mark for the word. And I know you, uh Ohio and were accessful, so you know, okay for.
Speaker 5: Dollars.
Speaker 1: Let's uh hey, John, let's put you on hold again there, and uh see if we can't get that problem corrected. But haven't. Isn't All State kind of known for stuff like them? The whole the.
Speaker 2: Wan there something kind of nuts and you know colleges in general, especially big football schools, and you know, they're very very corporate about this stuff and very protective of their brand. Well even sold here locally, was it you see?
Speaker 1: Uh you know there was some high school or youths.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, maybe in middle school and Tennessee that was using like the seat Paul or a version of the sea Paul. But this has been within the last year year and a half I think. And they they went, they went hard, hard in the paint. See that's what the thing I was thinking about. I couldn't remember what it was, but it was a little school down in uh intention. They have every right too, I mean, you know, trademark and you got to protect the brand. And I'm sure the mentality is all right, you let that one slide and then the next thing, you know, you got twenty you got twenty different uh middle schools or high schools or youth sports programs wanting to use that sea poul and in the same thing. Yeah, this one to me is a little because it's a word, you know what I mean, Like you have you have a trademark on the word buckeye. Well, the state of Ohio, whether you like Ohio state or not, is the Buckeye state.
Speaker 1: Like, well, that's that's kind of the point. It's like suing I don't know, suing the Commonwealth and Commonwealth Kentucky because they call themselves commonwealth and you know you're from like Ireland or something whatever the case might. Right, But let's get back to John Risby. Hey, John, I think we have you this time. Yes, hopefully that much better.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: So, So, John, is it way were we started to talk about? There is this petty or do you really have to kind of defend your brand? Uh, regardless of how petty it seems.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well you have to under trademark law because if you don't, the trademark could be seen as as abandoned and uhlat all kinds of.
Speaker 4: So we do have to.
Speaker 9: Uh So they have no choice, but they do have a choice on what they what they filed for trademarks on. They've received a lot of pushback on some of the trademarks they filed for, but in this case, that's not filing. They just believe that this mark is diluting their brain and perhaps, you know, because it's alcohol, they may not want an associate of Buckeye with alcohol, and it's like that's part of That's one of the arguments that they make is that it's because it's the university they do not want that association, So that could.
Speaker 5: Be part of it.
Speaker 9: But it's a pretty good defense I think that the bar has and that's parody. The ultimate test and trademark case is consumer confusion, and their argument is nobody would legitimately think that this university is going to be making fun of themselves by selling this.
Speaker 5: Beer, so they're not.
Speaker 9: People are going to see through this and see it as a play on words and as a joke, not take it as that series. That's their argument that they should be parody and parodies sends success and a lot of trademark cases in the past as a defense.
Speaker 1: Well, and we're talking to John Risby, the patent professor, and John one of the things that Jason and I were talking about earlier is, I mean the Ohio Ohio is the Buckeye State, so that's the that's the official kind of nickname of the state. Not necessarily they are the Ohio State buck Guys, of course, but Ohio. But Ohio is the Buckeye State, and that's the reason they are named the buck Guys, not the other way around.
Speaker 9: It is and the buck eye is and it's named after a tree. And there's thousands and thousands of businesses with buck Eye. But that's uh, that's uh defenses as well, which I think is a strong defense. But I think the strong that that consumers are not.
Speaker 5: And that it's a parody.
Speaker 9: A dog toy that sold it bad. And they were sued by Jack Dan.
Speaker 5: For the.
Speaker 9: Trademarket. The court held that in that case, the court held that the brain used consumers. But there's other cases where the court said that consumers are going to know that and are not going to take one product with another. Another case, the company or face the quoting line. There was a student that created a frank called South but and Uh there was sued for infringement. The court the Kicks actually settled, so we don't know how the court would have decided, but again, that would be a really strong argument. Nobody is going to the door fake has creaked separate qulothing line.
Speaker 5: Out five.
Speaker 9: So the case is that the another case for Charbucks coffee or upheld that uh of the coffee Uh Rose could there was a play on Starbucks dark ross that we want to burn. The court allowed the mark or sorry rejected. Starbucks is super claiming that consumers were not so uh, you know, we stand to see what ultimately happened here. But there's going to be settlement. Uh that's for US intellectual property attorney. Those are discouraging because now we don't know how courts are going to decide if it's settled. You really don't have present. But if it's a small local bar, it is known as brown Jug. Uh bow out, take and stop the buck up? Uh right, and then we'll court were.
Speaker 1: Well and and uh and thank you John. We're again having some technical difficulties here. We really appreciate it. As always, people want to find out or they can go to the patent professor dot com. And all as far as I'm concerned, all these folks have done is give this the little bar, the Brown Jug five billion dollars worth of free advertising. You know, I say cheers, the buck Eye Tears and the Brown jug I want to I'm gonna, I want to seek out a buck Eye Tears now, just to satisfy my own curiosity and your palette and my palette. With that, we check in with traffic and weather. What is going on? Back on the Eddie and Rocky Show, Rock out today, He'll be back on Monday. I'm working with the White good Friend Jason Williams from the Inquirer Cincinnati dot com. And you were there last night, Jace, did you experience the new Joe Flacco emo?
Speaker 4: Look the what.
Speaker 1: I saw it. I'm just I'm actually reading Cincinnati dot com right now. We're just scrolling through there, and I saw him last night, and I was like, what looks what looks there's sort a picture of it. What what looks different about He's just got his hairs all kind of he looks all Joe Joe Burrow, Joe Yeah, Joe Burrows, Joe Burrow. Yeah, Yeah, I'm sorry, Yeah, yeah I did.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, they were, Yeah, you can't see him too well from up the press box other than just you just see him down on the sideline. Yeah, But then the the photos and the video, You're like, and I know people on Twitter are like, he looks depressed and his hair was all disheveled, and.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what I'm saying. If you have to look up, you can look up the pictures obviously, and uh, he just you know, it was always kind of styled and slicked back a little bit and stuff like that. Now he just kind of it's kind of wild. He looks like he's in uh you know, like I said, a boy band, right that, or he's.
Speaker 2: Just been playing video games in his basement for the last Yeah, it just looks like for the last three months. And has it come out to get a haircut or do anything?
Speaker 1: Now, let me ask you because we talked earlier with Richard Skinner and we're gonna be talking to Pat Running from the inquiry, Yeah, coming up. But when we were talking to Skinny earlier, we talked about the possibility of Okay, let's say Flacco goes on a real role here and uh, and these guys actually get back into contention by the middle of December. But it's if he do you bring back Burrow or do you let him Flacco goes stay on his role. But I think I know every they obviously answer is to bring back Burrow. But that was what Skinny said. Yeah, but you and I talked about the fact that hey, if it's if it's if he had asked, you know, and and he's and Flacco's doing well whatever, you know, he's two games over five hundred, whatever case might be coming up here. Do you just continue to play out the season with him or do you bring bro back? I, honestly, goodness don't know, because I I and here's my answer to this. This is a punt.
Speaker 2: This is a punt better than Ryan Ricco can punt. Let's maybe let's give a couple of games here, Let's let's let's see how it goes. You see if they can get the five hundred and then maybe get above five hundred.
Speaker 6: And then.
Speaker 1: All right, let's see all place from there. We've got a place from there. Well, we got the Jets suck.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: It seems to me the Bears have been playing pretty well lately. Yeah, four and two. Yeah, So then and then it's the bye week. But then you're coming back, you and it's Steelers Ravens blah blah blah, and uh and on down the road. So that's when the true test is going to come. Yes, you know you look at the schedule. Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: The Jets, all of the Jets, like they've had some really close games and you're kind of like the it's the NFL, and it's like it feels like that could be a little dangerous one.
Speaker 1: And you know, obviously whatever, the Jets have a game this Sunday.
Speaker 2: When when you're the Bengals, nothing's a gimmy with that defense obviously, and you know, whether it's the Jets, but to play they play the Panthers this weekend, who are better? Yeah, yeah, you want to sit here and say, oh they oh w and six Jets, like all right, okay, they're going to get to five.
Speaker 1: Formatic.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the NFL and you're the Bengals with that defense, like I you know, you can never get over confident. Now if I don't know, Joe Burrow was here and this is a home game and they're kind of doing their usual kick things in the gear about this time, like all right, yeah, we marked that one down as a surefire win.
Speaker 1: Well, and we also talked earlier last night. The player who didn't have a good night was Jake Browning. Come out there and see what I mean, this forty year old guy with the quality of receivers that he has on the button all night long, he rows for over three forty that's a big night. I don't give a damn who you are at quarterback.
Speaker 2: It certainly, I mean, yeah, I mean, it's the game, and I'm sure Jake Browning understands that, but it probably has to make him feel like where does he go from here? You know, because two years ago he's thinking like maybe I could be a starting quarterback in this league. I mean, remember he really turned it up Therelyn Burrow got hurt in Baltimore. But now like he's probably gone from that to now thinking like, am I even going to be able to, you know, stick in this league as even a backup quarterback or maybe even a number three guy on a squad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, carrying the clipboard guy?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: With that, we check in with the News News Radio seven hundred w l W after the it's it's so it's so weird to come into work on a Friday after a Bengals game last night, Yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm pretty tired. I didn't get out of a didn't get home to about two thirty. Listen to Austin on the way home. I click it on. I'm like, there's Austin talking to Dick from Dayton. He was talking from Dayton, and I was like, man, like, write at like two ten to twelve.
Speaker 1: I like, what you want to be doing at two o'clock on a Friday morning. And I bet you this guy was probably spending some late hours too, Yes he was. He We all walked out of the stadium to get other bad Brennan from the Inquire Cincinnati dot Com. So, Pat, you know, we've been talking on and off obviously about the game today. Your thoughts on what you saw last night? This team looks to be re energized.
Speaker 5: I completely agree, and thanks for having me on first of all, but I saw what I saw last night was really.
Speaker 7: Obviously mostly on offense, was really a carryover from what we saw in the second half from the Bengals at lambeau Field earlier this week on Sunday, and I thought, the best case scenario, on a short week, forty year old Joe Flacco might be able to pick up where he left off on Sunday, which was still, you know, clearly not doing anything special but just being efficient and effective in the offense. Well, it looks like on top of taking care of his body, which is gonna be I would think the.
Speaker 5: Main concern for someone his age, he was able. It looked like they were able to, you know, take a.
Speaker 7: Few steps forward with the game planning and look, I mean I saw a stat last night that Joe Flacco through had a three touchdown game against the Steelers for the first time since twenty eleven.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 7: I mean that's reaching back into I mean, that's partly a commentary on how old this guy is and how long he's been around in the league, which is remarkable, But that's reaching back into vintage.
Speaker 5: Joe Flacco territory, you know.
Speaker 4: So it was a.
Speaker 5: Continuation of what we saw at Green Bay.
Speaker 7: That was not an anomaly, and that should be at the very least, that should be interesting and intriguing for this team going forward.
Speaker 2: Guys, Yeah, Pat, what do you make of the locker room and how the locker room has uh, you know, just sort of their viewpoint on on the move of Joe Flacco And I know what we saw on the field last night, but are you are you sensing that that locker room feels re energized and that you know, like, hey, the front office went out and did something they rarely do season trade. Are you are you sensing that you're picking that up? You're in that open locker room, you know during the week, you and Kelsey Conway from the so so, Yeah, what do you make of that?
Speaker 5: Well, you know a couple of things in Green Bay.
Speaker 7: Everyone said and did the right things in the locker room after a loss.
Speaker 5: You know, you cannot be jumping for joy about signs of promise in.
Speaker 10: So everyone everyone looked and you know, everyone looked like they were supposed to after a loss and said the things you say after a loss, you know, professional professional ball players doing their thing after defeat.
Speaker 7: But I noticed a quiet, subdued but a quiet confidence and kind of a knowledge that like, hey, what what Joe Flacco got going there late in the first half and throughout the second half.
Speaker 5: Was real, and we believe in it, and we're impressed by it, and we think this has staying power.
Speaker 7: That's what I got from the locker room at Lambeau. And actually, by the time we got in the locker room last night, I a little disappointed.
Speaker 5: A bunch of the guys that jetted off for the night.
Speaker 7: Obviously we spoke to the principles you Jamar Chases and Joe Flacco himself, but a lot of the other guys had taken off, but it was after midnight at that point.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I think there Joe Flacco has probably walked in with a certain amount of respect being a former Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 7: But I think Flacco has really grabbed the attention of what is a comparatively young locker room, you know, compared to him.
Speaker 5: I think they believe in this guy. I think they believe in him a whole lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's what I was going to ask you that, Pat, Do you get the impression the that the look the guy's career speaks for himself. He's a future Hall of Famer, There's no question about that. I mean, is it a certain amount of I don't know, it's not awe Is that too strong of a word. I mean, are they just like, okay, cool, we and no disrespect to Jake Browning, but you got this guy coming in his career, as I said, speaks for himself. So you gotta go. Okay, look, now we're doing something. We're back on track to maybe turn this thing around you get that impression.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know. Actually, I don't think awe is too strong of a word.
Speaker 7: Jamar Chase used the word aw to describe his reaction to the Browns making the trade.
Speaker 5: Within the division.
Speaker 7: Now, obviously that's a little bit of a different subject because it's not talking about Flacco's performances themselves.
Speaker 5: But awe is a word that's in the conversation for sure, Eddie.
Speaker 7: And I think, I mean, I don't. Maybe these guys didn't know what to expect. Obviously there was a general awareness of the run he went on with Cleveland a couple of years ago, but can he really do it again at age forty. I think what has happened is everyone is looking at Joe Flacco, the way he takes care of his body, the way he handles his business, his appreciation for this moment in his career, and I think all these guys are realizing, Hey, this guy can still make me better.
Speaker 6: This guy.
Speaker 5: I can learn something from this guy.
Speaker 7: And frankly, I hope Joe Burrow is taking at least a few notes. No one's saying, you know, this guy's not going to supplant Joe Burrow long term and anything crazy like that. But there's a lot a lot of players in that locker room can glean from this guy.
Speaker 5: So I think they're impressed.
Speaker 7: I think they are comfortable and confident with Joe Flacco leading this team at the quarterback position. And I go back to a kind of a baseball thing at the trade deadline, when a GM makes a move or you know, baseball operations, people make a move for a team that can energize a locker room, or if you're selling it the trade deadline or you know, offloading.
Speaker 5: Guys, I can really bring a locker room down.
Speaker 7: I think just the act of making the trade for an experienced veteran quarterback by Duke Tobin and company, I think that may have had the same kind of effect. It was like saying, hey, we recognize this isn't going as well as we thought it would with Jake Browning, even though he had good history here. We're gonna make a change. This season is not a throwaway. And I think they pulled it off in time to where this season doesn't have.
Speaker 5: To be a throwaway. They're up against it.
Speaker 7: They're three and four long road back to really truly, truly, truly get in contention, but they're right there in the division as we sit today, As we sit here today, and.
Speaker 5: There's a lot to be there's a lot to be excited about here. I think I really do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the way the guys, the way I see this as like savor the moment, Like I mean, that was just an incredible game when you you think about that, that moment itself, the moment of Joe Flacco forty years old and the story of that, then the moment of the fact that the Bengals went out and traded for this guy.
Speaker 1: And I know we all that's what we do.
Speaker 2: We want to sit here and say, oh, can this guy get it? Can this guy get the Bengals to the playoffs?
Speaker 1: Can he? Can he win the next you know, three games in a row?
Speaker 4: Can he do? You know?
Speaker 2: Can can he bridge the gap to Joe Burrow and then they can go to the you know, maybe get on that Super Bowl run?
Speaker 1: Like yeah, yeah, yeah, right. And I know that's you know, that's fans, that that's media, that's what we all want to talk about. But I don't know, man, Like you sit here and you think about last night, like, let's just sort of savor this for the weekend, right and the fact that that was and even on the other side of the ball too, you know, Aaron Rodgers over forty years old, and that was just we don't we don't. We don't get to see that a lot.
Speaker 2: We don't get to see just I mean, I know, I know we did see some we saw some high scoring games here last year. But the fact that the Angles can walk out with the win and it allows Bengals fans and Zach Taylor said, you know, you know, we want guys, we want fans back in the stands. We want to give them hope. And I'm paraphrasing him, but just all that stuff just in the moment of right now, and you know, not getting too far ahead of looking at you know, can they can they beat Baltimore twice? Can they you know, go into Buffalo and win? And can Joe Flacco do that? And you know, you know, this is just fun right now in the moment.
Speaker 1: Sure, we're talking to Pat Brennan from The Inquirer Cincinnati dot com and Pat, let's put on your other hat FC tomorrow tomorrow night here in in town. How are we looking what's going on with the playoffs and stuff?
Speaker 7: Oh, uh, the well, FC Cincinnati. Look, they've had a about another really strong regular season. There playoff position is more or less set. They could end up finishing and I think second or third near the top of the Eastern Conference. They're a top contender in MLS and in the East. And tomorrow there now the playoff field is set, the final seedings are not.
Speaker 5: So all the games will go off.
Speaker 7: Tomorrow at the same time and we'll learn at about the same time, you know, about two hours after kickoff tomorrow when or who who I should say FC Cincinnati will face in the first round.
Speaker 5: And after they kind of crashed out of the playoffs.
Speaker 7: In the first round last year, this has showed me time for f C Cincinnati. You know, they went for the regular season championship again this year, had a good run at it fell short.
Speaker 5: You know, I think they've flushed that and now it's time to go on a run.
Speaker 7: This team spends a lot of money comparatively speaking in it's peer group. It's one of the most ambitious teams in an MLS and with that, with the investment that comes with that, you need performance in the playoffs, so they'll know what the what the road through the playoffs looks like by tomorrow night, and I'll.
Speaker 5: Be really interested to see, with everything they've.
Speaker 7: Done to make this team to try to achieve greatness with the personnel, if they can actually put it together, because I think there was some a lot of disappointment in the fan base last year with that early playoff exit.
Speaker 1: All right, with that, Pat Brennan, we will let you go, buddy, Thanks so much.
Speaker 5: Okay, thanks for having me, Guys.
Speaker 1: Brennan from the Inquirer Cincinnati dot com. And also the Cyclones kicking off the season tomorrow, facing off the season on.
Speaker 2: And I know they're a minor league team and like you know, you don't they don't get you know, regular media coverage or whatever. But if you ever get changed, like you looking for something to do on a Saturday night, absolutely go to Cyclic. My son and I went last week. It was a lot of fun. It's just so entertaining and it's it's fun and it's energetic.
Speaker 1: And it's well and it's you know, look, I'm not gonna pretend I'm a giant hockey fan, even though I when I watch it, I enjoy it. Yeah, one of the I've been to two I think two NHL games, and that was two of the best times I've ever had going to a sporting event, just because the crowd is so into it and it's crazy and people just some guys are tearing their each other's heads off, and just the finesse watching them, you know, when when up, when they're setting up, you can see them setting up a play and when it works, it's like it's crazy good and it's obviously a unique, unique sport.
Speaker 2: And you know the fact that these guys can just skate so well alone is an incredible skill in itself.
Speaker 1: With that, let's check in with traffic and weather, what is going on.