Speaker 1: So I'm kt WB. We have I have an announcement, and I don't want to like, you know, play and bait and that type of thing and make people think, oh my god, it's something like you know whatever. So I'm gonna be pretty much straight up honest and and tell you what's going on and not tease and bait you too much. Appreciate that. It's kind of like when you know you say, like, okay, coming up on caroleven News, there is a nuclear war somewhere in the United States. We'll tell you right after this message from RUSSCO in Minnesota, Rosco, Minnesota, Roscoe, and I have to wait. You have to wait through the message from Minnesota USCO since nineteen fifty five, and then you come back and then Morgan Wolf will be like, yes, nuclear war breaks out in We'll tell you right after this message from Bachmann. Got to get well you do so, so I don't like I don't like doing all you know, just wait, wait, wait, and bait, bait, bait, tease, teas, teas. Yeah, we don't like doing that, but we'll let you know right after this message from top Dog. Thank you. I can't to an accident, No, I mean let you stay in one place for a long time and you're you know, you're you're you're there, and you think you're always going to be there, and and then sometimes you say, well I don't want to be there anymore. Normal, and so you you move on, and then you move on, you move and so you know, for for a long long time, I've been doing the same thing. Yeah, and so I am leaving chan Hassen. Yeah, Minnesota, Yeah, moving to Victoria, Minnesota.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, wow.
Speaker 1: After twenty seven, twenty eight years in chan Happened, I lived in Plymouth for a while, twenty eight years in chan Happen in Minnesota. My kids went to chan Hassen schools, Chan Elementary, Bluff Creek Middle School, West Chaska High School, chan Hassen High School. We are now moving to Victoria.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're a chan happening Like That's how I know the phrase chan happening. You've always been a chan happening guy. Yeah, and now you'll be a Victoria Victorian. Yeah, Victorian Victoria.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, So yeah, I am moving And I know that it doesn't affect you at all, but you'll see me more often at Floyd's in the Borough.
Speaker 2: Ye, tell us where is Victoria.
Speaker 1: It's one city down the road from chan happening. If you keep going west on Highway five, you will round the curve, You'll pass Omni Brewing, Snap Fitness, the fire station, You'll go up the hill, you'll get to the stop light, and then Floyd's is one one corner, the borough is on another corner. A house with a big Christmas decorations on one corner, and then a I think it's Churchill Cigars is on the other corner.
Speaker 3: It's like west of Excelsior, right yeah, southwest west of Okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but I'm going to tell you moving is a pain.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, because you've got so much do we have?
Speaker 1: This is the house. We've lived in this house for twenty two plus years, and there is so much stuff. You know what? The overwhelming stuff is photos, photos upon photos. And I'm from an era that we printed out photos and stuck them in a photo album, right, So, and then I inherited those millions, and I inherited my mom and dad's photo albums from when my dad was in the military during World War Two. And it's like, I don't want these, but I got to save a couple. But you feel bad throwing out something that my dad treasured. You know what, he was a pilot in World War Two, and so all of his flight training manuals and all of these things that say like secret and restricted, they're not anymore because they're you know, eighty years old, like past the date. But I threw them, I mean, just take like a foot locker. I threw them all away because I don't want them, right, you know, his old World War two logs and all. I threw them all in the track.
Speaker 3: And E've ben talking about going through like stuff for weeks now and then like, oh, well we've got rid of this, we got rid of that. So do you think you're like all set to move everything now or have you moved everything now?
Speaker 2: Or what's the status there?
Speaker 1: We know it's I'm basically taking car loads to Victoria. So taking car loads, I'll load at the car and then eventually I will hire a mover to do you know, the bed and the couch and all that stuff. So but Jenny is offered to help, and Genny is strong like Ox. And Jenny picked up a couch, hoisted it on her back and carried it up the stairs. The other one handed, Yeah, one handed.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you're being serious or not.
Speaker 4: But I did find a couch on the street one time, and I did carry it on my own into the house, so I have done.
Speaker 2: That before so I could help you.
Speaker 4: I was thinking about offering over the holiday break to help you move, and then I got lazy, so I thought I was like, should I ask you if moving because I know you have a lot.
Speaker 2: Of things and whatever, and I wasn't doing much.
Speaker 1: No, that is very sweet. It is just as it's tedious and we have to. It's a lot of downsizing because there's only you know, there's the house I live in now is five bedrooms. It's a McMansion. It's your standard Woodbury Savage chan Hazard suburb. Yeah, and we love that house. This house is much smaller, three bedrooms. There's storage under the stairs and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you really got it down.
Speaker 1: My VHS porn collection has to go it.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, you should let the three of us just go through your house. You don't need to take this, we'll take that, we'll take that, and you don't have to worry about donating it or doing whatever.
Speaker 2: Yes, there's a demand for sex world shut down, so people are looking.
Speaker 1: Nobody wants VHS. That was another thing we've ran across all of these. I found this giant rubber made bin of VHS tapes of our show on the News, or our show hosting the Easter Seals telethon in nineteen ninety two or whatever. And I saved all of these VHS tapes, and I said, I don't have a way to watch them. I'm certainly not going to convert them to the cloud or a jump drive, though I could. I threw away probably fifty what VHS tape. The girls they don't want them. That's the thing. There is a book that's called Nobody Wants Your s And it's true. Your kids they don't want your s. Pastor Joel at Westwood brought this up on Christmas Eve. He says, nobody wants your crap. That's true. Your kids don't want your crap. You think they do, Oh, you want Grandma's silver? No, I don't want grandma self.
Speaker 2: I guess I want some of your crap though.
Speaker 3: But I get it though, because then you feel obligated to keep it through the years, and then you just pass it on. It's just like, well, my dad gave me this because he thinks I want it, but I don't want to throw it away because that's rude.
Speaker 2: I get it, I get it, yeah, but I just think that'd be cool.
Speaker 1: So all these all these things, like my dad played violin and I don't want it. So we've held on to it since he died twenty years ago, and we're gonna give it away. It's another thing, Jenny, You and I need to talk about Facebook marketplace. There are vultures on Facebook marketing. It's like you list one thing and bing bing bing bing bing bing bing.
Speaker 2: That means you listed it too low.
Speaker 1: We give away a lot of stuff for free. Oh we don't want to sell it. We just want to get rid of it. So it'll be like, Okay, here's a dresser for free, Carson's old dresser, bing bing bing bing bing bing bing? Is it still available? Is this still available? Is this still available? Yes? Only one person flaked out. Everybody else was super cool about it.
Speaker 4: Well, see, if I'm giving away something for free, I just post it, put it on the street and be like here you go, come get it. I don't deal with the back and forth of that. That's too much work. If I'm not making money. I'm not trying to meet you.
Speaker 1: Really, she just set it on the porch, and yeah.
Speaker 2: It is a bad season to do it that way.
Speaker 4: It is, yeah, because like you never know if it's gonna you know, sleet, snow whatever. But yeah, no, if I'm giving something away for free, I just put it on the or you could put it in your neighborhood pages. So by buy sell what are they called billy buy nothing, buy nothing pages?
Speaker 2: Oh those people, those are vultures.
Speaker 4: You can be like, hey, this is out here on the street, come get it and it'll be gone within seconds.
Speaker 1: Tell you a quick story. So we're you know, we're giving stuff away and we're selling certain Like I have an electric guitar that I haven't played in years, and I paid seven hundred dollars for it many years ago. So it's a beautiful guitar. So I wasn't going to give it away, so I listed it on Marketplace for two hundred dollars. Bing bing, bing bing bing. I must have underpriced it because they come out of the woodwork. Guy comes down, really nice guy. But I'm a nice person. I say, come on in, everybody, I tell him, come on in. Chat for a little while. There was one couple that they were The dad was very Japanese and was very difficult to understand. So he would talk to me and I would be like uh huh uh huh, and his son would kind of train. But I had him come in because I wanted to feel welcome. Yeah, one guy comes in and he looks like, and I don't mean to be disrespectful, but he looked like an extra Unduck Dynasty.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I mean, like a.
Speaker 1: Full on beard and just a Duck Dynasty extra. And so he came in and he started talking about odd stuff like what like wearing your skin the people that build I don't want to give away too much anyway, So after he left, Susan said, I thought that guy was going to pull out a gun and kill us.
Speaker 2: Oh geez, okay, And I.
Speaker 1: Said I thought the same thing. And so on every transaction after that, I slipped the gun into my pocket just in case somebody got a little bit weird. Is that weird to me to do that?
Speaker 4: I mean, I will say, like, as a woman living alone and I sell things on marketplace, I do like things to be cautious, But you don't have a gun. No, I don't have a gun, or do I one might have a gun. I don't have any Think.
Speaker 2: I have a gun's big rifle thing. Yeah. She's got a dog that will eat your Yeah I have that too. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well first I'll want some pets and then he's gonna beat you up.
Speaker 1: So so that is the news. I am moving to Victoria.
Speaker 2: How do your kids feel about it?
Speaker 1: Oh, they're excited. Yeah, they're they're excited. I mean, you know, they realize that it's we've Carson grew up in that house. He's lived there since he was two, and he was a little misty eyed about spending his final night in his childhood bedroom because he came home for Christmas and then I'm like, this is your last night. Next time you, you know, go by here, we won't this. This is not going to be your house anymore. Yeah. Wow. So so there's the news. Thanks for your interest. I appreciate that. Thanks for all the text messages too. David. There's anything your dad's navigation equipment you no longer want to I'll gladly take it as a current military navigator that heritage would be displayed either with my things or in our squadron. I threw it all away. I threw oh my god, hundreds of logs and books and manuals from World War Two.
Speaker 2: I just hope you don't regret it.
Speaker 3: You could have donated that to like granted, I used to work for the Historical Society.
Speaker 2: We'd have people say.
Speaker 3: Like, I am a I have a trunk full of crap for you, and you'd be like, you don't want it, right, thanks for nothing? Yeah, that's true. I would say like, oh, yeah, you could have donated to a museum. But also the museum probably doesn't want it. They probably have better stuff.
Speaker 1: Anyway, It's in my dumpster. I guess I can.
Speaker 3: You could fish it out, because I can tell by your face you're a little bit like, did I make the right choice?
Speaker 2: He's gonna go back home and dig it out. Yeah, this is what you did.
Speaker 4: This is what you did with something like a letter or something you had, right, you went and dug it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, it was the letter from somebody, yeah yeah. And then I threw it away, and then I went home and I dug it back out. You guys told me all too well, all right, thanks for listening. It is k ease w u b uh