Speaker 1: Love with you guys after the show and just thank you.
Speaker 2: We are your attention, your fire.
Speaker 1: This is world champion, Dodgers world champion.
Speaker 3: For a small salt time they get a people what they want to die.
Speaker 1: Two in a row.
Speaker 3: Two is special. I'm like, yeah, it's not ahead of your host. This ball's gone, ready to go.
Speaker 1: Hell, grab your phone to get.
Speaker 3: In on the show called eight six six nine eighty seven two five seven. Coach to the show and now your host of Dodger Talk, David Vasse.
Speaker 1: Welcome to a special off day Dodger Talk. David Bass Day with you until eight o'clock tonight here on AM five to seventy LA Sports. Thanks again to Petro some money for a great Oh it was Damascheck and Jonas Knox. How about that. I'm in here on an off day until eight o'clock after the Dodgers clinch the nlds and Fred and Rodney are at home. Jonas and Danischek are in for Petros and money. But here I am here. I am not on a flight to Philadelphia on my birthday, hosting Dodger Talk until eight o'clock. That's how much I love the Dodgers. That's how much I want to talk about them going to the NLCS, and certainly I am very happy the Dodgers are not headed to Philadelphia for a number of different reasons. Yes, number one, it's my birthday and I want to enjoy it, and I did enjoy it with my family, and I'm going to enjoy tomorrow as well. But more importantly, I told you I wasn't packing the Dodgers were not going back to Philadelphia, and I know it was a lot closer last night than a lot of you would have liked. I know, seeing Andrew Freeman and Stan Casten in the celebration yesterday, they were as relieved and trying to decompress from the high tension late in that game. But certainly a lot of relief and excitement amongst everybody at Dodgers Stadium last night when Oriyan Keckering threw the ball away in a weird situation. We'll get to that in a moment, because there's a few things last night on postgame Dodger Talk. In the moment of celebration, we're trying to celebrate the Dodgers advancing to the NLCS, so we do have time to unpack certain key moments but in a clinch situation like last night, you don't really have a chance to see all the angles, and you really want to celebrate the fact that the Dodgers beat a really good Phillies team and may have beat the toughest opponent that they are going to see in this year's playoffs. I don't subscribe to that necessarily. I know a lot of other people around baseball that I spoke to before the series believed whoever was going to win this series was going to win the World Series. I'm a firm believer in the Dodgers. I have been, even when they may have hit rock bottom in September or August. I believed in the talent. I believe they would be able to reconstruct their bullpen to be able to be more effective than what it was during the regular season. And without Roki Sasaki, obviously none of this is happening. I'm having a post mortem Dodger talk tonight instead of a celebratory Dodger talk. With the Dodgers headed to the NLCS, We're gonna replay relibs some of the celebration interviews from last night. In case you don't know who the Dodgers are playing in the NLCS. Neither do we, because Game five between the Brewers and Cubs is tomorrow. The winner of that will play the Dodgers on Monday, either at Dodgers Stadium or in Milwaukee. That's right. The Dodgers have home field advantage against the Cubs. They do not have home field advantage against the team with the best record in the National League in the Milwaukee Brewers. So that's what's at steak Cubs versus Brewers, the opportunity for them to have a rematch. Both teams have lost to the Dodgers in the NLCS in previous years. The Cubs beat the Dodgers on their way to their only World Series title in the last one hundred plus years back in twenty sixteen. The Dodgers beat the Cubs the very next year, Game five in Wrigley Field. Keyk Hernandez became October keyk with three home runs in Game five of the twenty seventeen NLCS at Wrigley Field, And of course twenty eighteen, the Dodgers beating the Brewers in a seven game series, beating Milwaukee in Milwaukee for Game seven to advance to the World Series that year, and they played the Red Sox. Eight six six, nine eighty seven two five seventy is the phone number. Before we get to Oryan Keckering and how that went sideways, Let's talk about another key moment in last night's game, and that was the chess match between Dave Roberts and Rob tom. Rob Thompson, the Phillies manager, last night, made a controversial decision no not to bring in uh Orian Keckering in the eleventh inning, but with his best reliever on the mound in the seventh inning, holding on to a one nothing lead and first base open, with runners at second and third and two outs, he opted to walk sho Hey O'tani to face Mookie Betts. Here's why that was a huge gift from the Phillies manager. First and foremost, he's your best reliever, and we all know about otani struggles. But did Rob Thompson realize that Joan Duran this season was much better against left handed hitters than he was against right handed hitters. You wouldn't expect that right a right handed, heart throwing reliever better against lefties than righty's. That's part of the reason why the Dodgers were not going to mortgage the farm system to acquire Duran. Duran this year against left handed hitters limited them to a one sixty eight batting average, and lefties only hit one home run against Duran. Right handed hitters hit two seventy eight with a one thousand ops against Duran this year. Not to mention, Otani struggling, and Mookie Betts is locked in and has been locked in for the better part of a month. That was a huge gamble and it backfired. Mookie Bets, not chasing because he's locked in, takes the bases loaded walk to tie the game. And here we go into the eleventh inning, and here is the way. The eleventh inning, the final play sounded with Rick Monday and Steven Nelson on the call.
Speaker 3: The old one pitch. Patz grounds it back to Kirkery. He can't find it.
Speaker 4: He ten scores and the Dodgers are going to the Championship Series.
Speaker 1: All right, Ryan Keckering, We'll have to live with that the rest of his life, similar to Bill Buckner having to live the rest of his life after booting the ball or letting the ball go between his legs in the eighty six World Series against the Mets, Orian Keckering is going to see that replay the rest of his life, and he's going to see it a lot in his own mind during the off season. But like I mentioned at the beginning of the show, last night was a celebration of the Dodgers advancing to the NLCS and obviously putting the ball in play by Andy Pa has forced Oriyan Keckering to make a play which he couldn't. But here's a couple of issues I had on the Dodgers side that they got away with. Number One, where was Sho Hao Tani. Sho Hao Tani was worried about shoe Ha Otani getting out of his own slump and coming to the plate next against Orion Keckering. When the ball is put into play and you have a runner at third base with two outs, he's coming home automatically. Otani should be sprinting to the other side to the right handed batters or excuse me, left handed batter's box vision. Otani needed to be there to coach up Kim to slide. Kim came to home plate standing up, and did you know, looking at the replay this morning, hay Sung Kim never stepped on home plate. Initially, he had to go back to home plate and step on home plate. I mean, this is baseball one oh one. You have to slide at home plate. Standing up at home plate is never a good idea because if Rio Mudo makes an incredible stretch and catch, you're an easier target for him to tag out instead of you being down sliding past him. Otani needed to be there, Kim needed to have the baseball instincts to slide at home plate. I would love to see it feed first because at home plate a lot of things can happen. You could get your handstepped on. But that was a major, major miscalculation by both Kim and Otani. So I wanted to bring that up and JT. Real Mudo was pointing to first base. Keckering did not realize in his panic after he did not feel the ball cleanly how many outs there was, and it was Pa has running and Pa Haz said after the game, I looked back and when he didn't feel the ball, I kept running and running harder. So keep that in mind the little things of baseball. Baseball is not just about throwing one hundred miles an hour and getting the maximum spin rate on your pitches. That's what makes Clayton Kershaw so special. When he pitches, he's a pitcher. When he releases the ball, he becomes an infielder. That's what separates the great ones from the Orion keckerings. Frankly, but go back and watch that the replay. Kim did not step on home plate and Otani was nowhere to be found to direct traffic. That's got a change, and if I'm Dave Roberts, it's a teaching experience, even to the great Otani. When we continue on Dodger Talk, we will hear from Teoscar Hernandez. We will hear from Roki Sasaki, who arguably was the most valuable pitcher for the Dodgers in the NLDS and who had the best start in the NLDS. Don't just think about the games at Dodger Stadium. Glass now is phenomenal, but Blake Snell, in a hostile environment, had the best and gutsiest start of any Dodger in the NLDS. So you'll hear from all those guys, plus Freddie Freeman and Keik Hernandez. A lot to get to between now and eight o'clock right here on five seventy LA Sports you're home for the defending World Series champion Dodgers, AM five to seventy LA Sports. It was a big time achievement for the Dodgers to be able to beat that Phillies pitching staff. This was a series of pitching and defense. The teams that made mistakes in these four games lost. The Dodgers made big mistakes in Game three, they lost big time, eight to two. In Game two in Philadelphia, the Dodgers were able to overcome some poor defense to hold on for a four to three win and steal the first two games in Philadelphia. And I really do believe this when you see a game and the way it ended last night. To end a series in such an unorthodox type of way where O'Ryan Keckering throws the ball away with two outs instead of just going to first base, you forget about some of the players and some of the moments that took place in the previous three games of the series. You only think about that game. And for me, there's a couple of certain players and certain moments that I really wanted to point out. I know a lot of people only talk about keyk Hernandez when it comes to October and rightfully, so we'll hear from Key k in a moment. But the Dodgers have a few of those type of players. Who was the best hitter last year in the World Series, It was Freddie Freeman that carried the Dodgers. Tommy Edmund was the NLCS MVP. Tommy Edmund was a top five player in this series that nobody talks about. And tae Oscar Hernandez to me, had the single biggest home run in this NLDS and it happened in the very first game, and it changed the series completely. In the seventh inning of Game one, with the Dodgers being shut down basically by Christopher Sanchez, they bring in Matt Strom. Matt Strom, who is one of the most ordinary lefty relievers out there, left a pitch for Taoscar Hernandez to hammer to right field and that completely silenced the crowd in hostile Philadelphia at the Bank. If ta Oscar Hernandez doesn't hit that go ahead three run home run, I'm not sure the Dodgers win this series either. And I had a chance to catch up with another October Hernandez, the one and only ta Oscar.
Speaker 5: All right, we are here at Taoskar Hernandez. Before we talk about anything else, let me touch the goatee again.
Speaker 1: Let's go ta Oscar. You were so big from the first game into the last game. How rewarding is you performing on this stake?
Speaker 5: I mean, what's the team need?
Speaker 1: For team credit?
Speaker 2: The move?
Speaker 3: And today it was amazing.
Speaker 1: This guy right here incredible. Hello, So look a little dry there? Okay, this kind of shit, that's Blake Snaw. I got dang.
Speaker 3: You know we're ready.
Speaker 1: You know we want some more Mason, we got a lot more budget, Das.
Speaker 3: Lets you go, Tayl.
Speaker 5: I feel like you guys have accomplished so much, but there are so many doubters still. It's somebody that's turn.
Speaker 2: Out.
Speaker 1: They love you, Your teammates love you.
Speaker 3: I love them too.
Speaker 5: How excited are you to move on to the LCS again? This is why we play this and you know, uh, exciting game today and god we got to win.
Speaker 1: So h now fucus in the next row. I love that you let people see your eyes. You have it, burn, Let's go. Let's go thought you Hey, don't.
Speaker 5: You can't spell tale, you can't spell October without tail here.
Speaker 1: You heard him? There is Taoscar Hernandez, who hit the biggest home run in this series for the Dodgers, and that came in Game one in the seventh inning off of Matt Strom to give the Dodgers the lead and seriously put big time doubt in the Phillies mind that you know what, they aren't the best team in this series. The Dodgers have more firepower up and down their lineup than what the Phillies had. And Taoscar Hernandez, I know at times you questioned the effort or you wish he could play better right field. This is the player that he is. He plays the game with a lot of joy. He did go first to third, he did run the bases hard in this series. Uh, he's a guy that can change a game and a series in this case with one swing. I mentioned this after the game, ta Oscar Hernandez, al right, I just defined it. He had the biggest home run of this series. Who would have said before the NLDS Dodgers Phillies that Roki Sasaki would be the best Japanese player on the Dodgers in this series against Philadelphia. All of you would have picked Otani. The other half of you are the last five percent would have said Yamamoto. It turned out to be Roki Sasaki, who pitched in four these games or three of the four of these games and four and a third innings, allowed just one hit, including last night where he pitched three perfect innings for the Dodgers, and in the postseason going back to the Red Series, Sasaki has pitched in four of the six games the Dodgers have played, two saves, three strikeouts, has not walked a single batter, but specifically in this series, comes in to rescue the Dodgers in a Game two win that was looking a little doubtful until they brought him in and was able to get Trey Turner to end Game two and go back to LA with a two games to nothing lead. And then last night, as it was tied one to one, neither team could get a hit or a run off the other team's pitchers, they go to Roki Sasaki. Roki Sasaki against Hezus Lozardo, and Sasaki out pitched Lozardo because he pitched three perfect innings. Without Sasaki, the Dodgers don't win this series. Without Sasaki, the Dodgers don't have as much optimism to be able to run the table this year and win a back to back World Series championship. Coming into the postseason, that was the biggest question, who is getting the last three outs? Well, I feel like we have the name. We had the answer, and it's resounding. It's Rokey Sasaki. Roki, What a night for you? What a postseason for you? What does it mean to you to be such a big contributor tonight and in this series?
Speaker 3: Post the season sols them off. It's like muzzle must see home.
Speaker 1: Well, it's been the ball Monks' a little mother. He's think I'm gonna take a good.
Speaker 3: It's not what the contest says.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 6: First of all, I'm really glad that I'm healthy and be able to perform, and you know, I'm really supporting you know, I'm really thankful for all the support staff, all the people who really supported the way during my rehab progression, and most of all, just all the coaching staff from you know, top to bottom organizationally, They've been such a help to me and they're the reason why I'm back here.
Speaker 5: Roki, how have you been able to embraced this role and be so dominant?
Speaker 3: D I thusted it to du up?
Speaker 1: He sews them up on.
Speaker 3: The it's a little Benngal. He's all on this over the day god Limas.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my fastball Vla is out.
Speaker 6: My splitter feels really good, so I've been able to attack his own.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Go get some champagne. There they were Will Ireton and Roki Sasaki. Sasaki and maybe Tyler Glass Now were the two most doubted pitchers coming into this series. I wasn't doubting, but I know there were still some doubters. Okay, Yeah, Susaki did it in Arizona. He did it in Seattle when it didn't matter the reds. Okay, yeah, he got one hitter Trey Turner in Game two. Really you still weren't buying after that? I feel like now there are no doubts. Three perfect innings to get the ball to Alex Vesia, who we I know is a bullpen dog and a huge part of the Dodgers' bullpen. We've seen him in all but one game in this postseason. Alex Vesia gets the win last night. Like I said, Roki Sasaki one of two Dodger pitchers that were the most doubted. The other Tyler Glass Now, who thought he would be able to come in last night, make his first start of the postseason, first postseason start as a Dodger, and pitch six scoreless innings and have nine strikeouts eight eight or nine strikeouts last night. Nobody, nobody was expecting that, and I would venture to say that Tyler Glass Now may not have even known that he had that in him. Tyler Glass Now last night eight strikeouts and six scoreless innings, allowed just two walks. He was a guy that a lot of people doubted because you weren't sure if you could trust him. In Philadelphia earlier this year, the man was wet, he melted down. But Dave Roberts was constantly in his ear after he came off the eel and challenged him to be more of a competitor. Here was Tyler Glass Now. He was the first guy I grabbed on the field because he deserved a lot of the credit, because a lot of people doubted whether or not he could deliver on such a big stage. Yesterday.
Speaker 5: What a start for Tyler Glass Now, the postseason start of his life. How did it feel to go out there and be such a big contributor?
Speaker 3: Fuck great?
Speaker 7: It was a little shaky at first, but then just got out there gotting some rhythm, and my stuff felt great the whole night.
Speaker 5: It felt like after the first inning you really did get into some sort of rhythm.
Speaker 1: Were you and Will clicking after that?
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure, I think we're on the same page. A lot of good pitch calling, a lot of really good defense, had some pretty hard hit balls, some great plays, and we just we got a rolling after that.
Speaker 5: Tyler, at this time last year you were not part of the playoffs. How does this feel in your own backyard to be such a big part of the Dodgers going to the NLCS.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: I mean it's what every kid dreams of and I got to live it.
Speaker 3: And it's just to be out.
Speaker 7: On the field and watch everyone participate and do such a good job.
Speaker 1: Now we're here, go to the next round. It's incredible. You're like the keik pitchers, reliever and starter. Yeah, who knows, I don't know. I'll do whatever you want. Let's do it. Congratulations, Thank you, Bro, appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: There he goes Tyler Glass. Now he relieved in Game one, and he pitched six scoreless innings last night as the Dodgers go to the NLCS. He matched Christopher Sanchez. Pitch for pitch he was. He was outstanding. And look, I'll say it, I doubted whether or not, actually I didn't doubt. I just didn't know what the Dodgers were going to get. And I feel like even Dave Roberts didn't know. You just didn't know what you were going to get from Glass now and from here on out, he should have the self confidence to never look back and realize that he can do it on this stage and certainly proved that he could help the Dodgers win the World Series. Really rewarding for Tyler Glass. Now Sasaki and Glass now two of the most doubted pitchers on this staff, and maybe the most underappreciated two time Cy Young Award winner, Blake Snell. I'm handing him the award for having the gutsiest pitching performance of this series going into Philadelphia and keeping that Philly crowd down when they were winning to erupt for anything, and he never allowed it to happen in his start in Philly when he went six scoreless innings as well. He was absolutely dominant in Game two of this series. Another example of how we forget what takes place earlier in the series. When you're in the euphoria of a game like last night, Blake Snell six scoreless innings, allowed just one measily hit, and had nine strikeouts to help the Dodgers beat the Phillies in Philadelphia and have a two games to nothing lead.
Speaker 5: Hello, we're here with Blake's now will have pitched an incredible game two in this series? Blake, what does it mean to be part of this group? You guys took a picture together, all the starters. You guys carry the weight in this series. Yes, special, it's special, this group, the starters. We all care about each other, we love each other, and we want to accomplish something together. And then I can't say no about the team and just everyone just pushing each other, loving on each other, making sure we can find.
Speaker 1: A way to win. That's a that's a good vaut it and Philly is really good.
Speaker 5: So for us to get the win and win this series as huge. When you're able to do what you guys did as a group, is it more special.
Speaker 1: Than just being one guy? Say that again? Almost gotten?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we saw we got a sniper over here to be able to pitch your game but also have everybody else pitch as well as they did. Does it make it more special to do it as a group, Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: The group's the most important thing for us to come together.
Speaker 5: And when this series as a group is everything and the starters to get innings, I mean, that's that's the number one thing that we can get innings. And I'll pitch their starters. We're gonna we're gonna be in a really good position. So if he did that, he ended up win this series. He's a really good team. Before I'll let you go, I thought they said you cann't pitch on the big stage.
Speaker 1: I thought you cann't pitch in the big cities.
Speaker 5: Well you got more you know. I've got more time to figure that out if it's true or not. But I'm ready to go, and I'm excited about it.
Speaker 3: Love it.
Speaker 5: Congratulations, I'm happy again this celebration with these.
Speaker 1: Group of guys. I said, me too. At Goch's looking nice. Yeah, there he is Blake Snell. And got a call from Snell. He actually facetimed me while I was in the supermarket this morning, but he was looking dressed and fresh. I was expecting he was gonna call me, you know, in his pajamas, but he was dressed and ready to go at nine am. So he's turning into an adult in some ways, but certainly a guy, an adult and a man on the mound. He is going to be huge for the Dodgers. And we'll get into the Dodgers pitching plans for the NLCS when we continue on Dodger Talk. And also we'll hear from Freddie Freeman and Keith a Hernandez. They were big parts of this Dodger four game win over the Phillies in the NLDS. The Dodgers are headed to the NLCS. They're playing either the Brewers or Cubs on Monday. It could be in LA, it could be in Milwaukee. We'll get into all of that as we continue right here on a five to seventy LA Sports the Dodger Talk. The day after the Dodgers beat the Phillies in Game four the NLDS in advance to the NLCS, and we're all wondering who are the Dodgers going to play, Brewers or Cubs. Who's the better matchup Brewers or Cubs. Well, it doesn't matter. I know the Brewers beat the Dodgers all six times that they played each other, but that was a different Dodger team, a team that was not healthy completely, that had not flipped the switch yet. And as far as the Cubs go, it would be somewhat full circle if the Dodgers and Cubs played each other in the NLCS, because they already have done it twice in the last ten years, in sixteen and seventeen, and the Dodgers lost in sixteen beat the Cubs in seventeen. Not to mention, these two teams started the Major League season in Tokyo, Japan. Yeah, remember that. And Justin Turner is a member of the Cubs who was one of the heroes of the twenty seventeen NLCS when the Dodgers beat John Lackey and the Cubs in Game two. Justin Turner had that magical walk off home run on the same day that Kirk Gibson back in nineteen eighty eight hit his walk off home run. So a lot of different things and subplots into play if the Dodgers and Cubs meet up, But the Cubs and Brewers will decide that tomorrow the Brewers are going with a bullpen game, and Jason Mazerowski is supposed to be coming out of the bullpen as a bulk starter for the Cubs, They're going to have Lefty showta Imanaga on the man who has been hurt by the home run ball, and I'm not sure how it's gonna go for him in a hitters ballpark like at American Family Field in Milwaukee. I'm leaning towards Brewers in their home ballpark to win that game, and the Dodgers then would open up the NLCS in Milwaukee. The Brewers had the best record in the National League this year, and the Cubs would come to Dodgers Stadium on Monday if they pull off the upset tomorrow in Milwaukee. So that's the way things line up. And for the Dodgers, they're in a great spot. They're saying, thank you very much, Cubs for forcing a game five. Whether or not you win it or not, you've already done a great job forcing a game five. Because both team, no matter how they come into the NLCS, they're not going to have their ideal and optimal pitching rotation set up, and I'm sure you know they're Bullpender's going to be a little bit fatigued, especially with the Brewers going to a bullpen game today. As far as the Dodgers go, I'm a firm believer that Blake Snell should start Game one of the NLCS on Monday, whether it's in LA or if it's in Milwaukee. To me, it's a no brainer because Otani who struggles when he pitches, and during the regular season, the Dodgers try to line up as many Otani starts the day before and off day, and there is going to be a day off, a travel day after Game two, whether it's LA to Chicago or Milwaukee to LA. So to me, I'm pitching Blake Snell on six days rest in Game one of the NLCS, and I'm pitching Otani in Game two on nine days rest. And how about this, when the series goes to Game three or Game four, Yamamoto and Glass now both will be pitching on seven days rest. The Dodgers are in a great spot right now going into the NLCS with their pitching. Their pitching is set, and we all know how important their starting pitching is to the Dodgers winning a second consecutive World Series. If there was a Game five, not only would that, you know, not be ideal going back to Philadelphia, but if the Dodgers were to win a Game five all of a sudden, Now you've used Otani. There was a possibility Snell may have been used out of the bullpen. Now you got both those guys on extra rest. So for me, I would go Blake Snell Game one, Otani Game two on nine days rest plus a travel days slash, no game after game two. That's the way I see it. We'll see the way the Dodgers line it up up. They're going to work out probably Sunday in La or in Milwaukee. So that's the way things stand right now. We'll have to wait and see how the outcome of tomorrow's Brewers Cubs Game five comes out in Milwaukee. Going back to last night and the entire series, I know Freddie Freeman did not have a huge offensive series. A big reason is because of Christopher Sanchez, Ranger Suarez, and of course Jesus Lozardo. But I really do believe Freddie Freeman had the biggest walk of the series in Game one when he drew a two out walk to allow Keikey Hernandez to come up with a big two run double with two outs against Lozardo. And also Freddie Freeman's defense. He makes it look easy, and I think a lot of times we take it for granted just how good he is. I know, Tim Kats and Steve Sacks earlier this week we're praising Freddie Freeman's defense. I mean, when you're that good, you get overlooked defensively. And Freddy is so long, long legs, long arms. There is a wide target there for all the Dodger infielders. But he made a great save on a poor throw a lawn dart as they like to say, a worm killer by Tommy Edmond to end Game two, and also just a lot of throws throughout the game. Go back and watch the games. Freddie Freeman stretching to the left, stretching to the right, going down to one knee. He makes life a lot easier for all these infielders. And I know Mookie Betts has done a great job at shortstop, but you better give some credit to Freddie Freeman for making Mookie Betts look as good as he has at shortstop. I had a chance to catch up with Freddie as always the first guy in the clubhouse. That is part of our postgame interview celebration.
Speaker 5: Hey, we are here with Freddy Freeman, the anchor of the Dodgers. Without this guy, they are going nowhere. Freddy, just describe what you were seeing in that eleventh inning and how you guys pulled this out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was incredible.
Speaker 4: Just grindy at bass. Tell me getting started again. Kind of reminds us of last October when you got that huge in that that Tenny Lawrel series game on. So a lot of great at batsk work in the walk and that's what happened to you.
Speaker 3: We about playing good things.
Speaker 1: That happened.
Speaker 4: Just a great game to a great team going out at all series and thankfully we came wealth.
Speaker 1: This was all about pitching this serial.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean they have they have a great pitching.
Speaker 1: Staff over there on the reason why one of.
Speaker 3: The best seams in baseball soon a week, you know, so we.
Speaker 4: We fished our butts off today a whole series.
Speaker 3: We're starting pitching, like we've been talking about for.
Speaker 1: About a month now.
Speaker 4: I've been I ain't with this team and why we're going the way we are.
Speaker 3: And you know, class was amazing today.
Speaker 4: Our open roady, i mean, Rogis was absolutely incredible.
Speaker 3: So that's and man, everyone, it was just you know, all around. We needed everything go on to guy with every single.
Speaker 5: Guy that without Freddy Freeman's defense, you guys don't win this either. How are the legs, I mean, they're really stretched out.
Speaker 3: They're good, They're good. I'm just happy with Eagle for it.
Speaker 4: It was a tough series, so and I'm facing those lefties, those loves things are really really good over there.
Speaker 3: So we're trying to do.
Speaker 4: Everything we could have gone face with these, Randy.
Speaker 3: But hopefully next series is our series.
Speaker 5: All right, that's good, Freddy, thanks a lot for stopping and congratulations and let's do this.
Speaker 1: Again a couple of more times.
Speaker 3: It's fun a couple more times. Thanks David.
Speaker 1: There he goes Freddy Freeman. Without him, there is no Dodgers hey, And I mean that, I know offensively, the numbers don't stick out to you like they did in last year's World Series. But he drew the biggest walk of this series, and that was well, I would say the second biggest walk Mookie Bets bases loaded walk last night, the biggest against Joe on Duran and Freddie Freeman's two out walk really helped the Dodgers line keep moving to get this guy Keith a Hernandez an opportunity to get the Dodgers back in the game in Game one in Philadelphia, going from a three to nothing deficit to a three to two deficit and allowing ta Oscar Hernandez to have the big moment in Game one with the biggest home run of the series. Key a Hernandez, I mean, thankfully, the Dodgers have started him in every single playoff game this year, going back to Game one of the Wildcard Series, whether it's at third base or left field, Key k is invaluable. Nobody. I've asked so many different managers, coaches, players, have you ever seen a player like this go from being a role player in the regular season, a guy that hits somewhere between two hundred and two fifty turn into this superhuman clutch player and one of the best players on the field in October. And to a man, everyone tells me they have never seen it. Keiy a Hernandez was still locked in after the game last night, and I know everybody's a little concerned about why he needed the trainer to come out in the eleventh inning during his a bat. Maybe he just tweaked his left or right ankle a little bit. I know Dave Roberts mentioned it, but now that the Dodgers have a few days off, it's not going to keep KEYK Hernandez off the field. It's going to take a lot more than that. And Kei k was still very much locked in. He wasn't a wild and crazy Key K after the game last night because he understands, as does Freddie Freeman and the others, there's two more rounds to go to be able to achieve what the Dodgers have set out to achieve. We live.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: You tell me, oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: What's it like to be able to beat a team like this the Phillies.
Speaker 5: A lot of people believe it was going to be your biggest challenge in a pitching time before game series.
Speaker 1: How were you able to be able to as a group stick with it?
Speaker 2: Well? For for for first, we scored more runs on them three out of the four games, so we won those three games.
Speaker 3: For celebrating, but yeah, that was That's an unbelievable team.
Speaker 2: On the other side, you know, I thought this yeriar is gonna happen last year. It didn't happen because the mess got the best of them and here we are again doing it again against them. You know, they they had some really good pitching, and they had some mosses at the top of that lineup and throughout that lineup. That's a pretty deep line up that they got over there, And it was a gretty series. We had to earn every single one of th those three wins, and uh, you just saw a really good baseball for four games on both sides, and I'm really glad we came out on top.
Speaker 6: Kyk.
Speaker 5: There's been a lot of talk about your book and for those guys to come out of there tonight and keep the game where it was, to give you another opportunity.
Speaker 1: How much confidence do you have in those guys.
Speaker 2: I've always that confidence, man, Blizard, my guys, I trust them. You know, it doesn't even really matter if things don't go their way.
Speaker 3: They in the most season.
Speaker 2: You know, everybody starts as zero and yeah, you can say whatever, like one inning year winning there.
Speaker 1: But you know, we got some really good arts back there.
Speaker 3: We got some stuff back there, and in the postseason, that's that's all you need. You need stuff. You need strikes and you never thrown strikes.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be all right, and I mean, our our pitching was a I think our pitching deserves all.
Speaker 3: The credit in the series.
Speaker 2: If it wasn't for this pitching that we had throughout four games, we wouldn't be in this position right now celebrating.
Speaker 3: It seemed like they were only.
Speaker 2: Able to score in like one hitting every game. They only scored in two innings. Last night, say night, they only scored one run. So that that just that's the testament.
Speaker 3: Of our pitching.
Speaker 2: Man, I think we we could have won these games a little more easier. But you know, they did a great job on their pitching side, and and our pats didn't really do much. But all credits are pitching. If it was we're pitching, we wouldn't be celebrating right now.
Speaker 5: You deserve to get credit for being known as an October player. Well, what can you say about the other guys like the Oscar and Tommy.
Speaker 1: Seems like you have a lot of those type guys.
Speaker 4: You know, we had a When you look at the position.
Speaker 2: Player side, a lot of us are back from last year. A lot of us are back from a couple of years. So you know, two years ago we went through the worst. Last year we went through the best. So when you go through the worst and you can go through the best, you.
Speaker 3: Know, you you learn a lot about each other.
Speaker 2: You you you learn to care more and more about about each other as teammates, as a team and uh, you know, we're just a team that we're gonna find a way to figure out how to win a ball game. And you know, we we didn't really have to sluck this series, but we found ways to score a run, whether it's an.
Speaker 3: Air or kick or whatever it was.
Speaker 2: But putting the ball in player, it's just a good thing since it happened.
Speaker 3: And that's kind of what we did.
Speaker 2: We took the league game too by putting the bond play. We we won the game by putting the ball play in a night. Yeah, we we've gone through a lot together as a group, so we we just we there's this trust in each other that we have that you know, if you don't get it done, then the guy behind he's gonna do it. I think that speaks volumes about our group. And again, all credits, we're pitching.
Speaker 1: Congratulations.
Speaker 5: We'll see you either here with Chicago or in Milwaukee.
Speaker 3: Fast day.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Key k there he goes Key k Hernandez. You never know which keyk you're gonna get in those locker room celebrations, but certainly he gave some very thoughtful and insightful answers and love hearing that he doesn't get enough credit for having the highest baseball IQ on that field. I mean him and Miguel Rojas, those guys. Baseball IQ is next level, and that's why they're invaluable on the infield. Because even Key k Hernandez, after Image Shean did not catch the relay throw back for the double play when the Phillies scored their only run of the game yesterday, Key k Hernandez went straight out to the mound to settle she Hen down. That's the type of presence and captain leadership you need on the infield, and he's that guy. So Kik did a number of different things in this series to help the Dodgers win, and he's gonna be big again for the Dodgers moving forward. The Dodgers are looking to become Let's not lose sight of this. They are looking to separate themselves from every other Dodger World Series team and win back to back championships for the first time in Dodger franchise history. And become the first major League team to win back to back World Series championships in twenty five years the Yankees twenty five years ago, Jeter Pisada, those guys, last major League team to win back to back World Series championships. I think at this point you realize and maybe you don't, but it's really hard to win a World Series. Everything has to go your way. And to win back to back World Series championships, I mean, that is something special that shouldn't be taken for granted. And the Dodgers have fought a hard road to this point and know that it's not going to get any easier. Despite what you or others think. The Dodgers are going to have a tough opponent in the Brewers and Cubs. Both those teams nobody has really bought into all season long, and they're really good. And for me, the tiebreaker as far as who I would want the Dodgers to play are the Cubs because the Dodgers would have home field advantage and the Brewers have a lot more and deeper talented pitching. So that's the way I see it. Stacking up, it should be a great series between the Dodgers and Cubs or Dodgers and Brewers, and we need Dodger Stadium full. There were a lot of empty seats, understandably against the Reds. There were a lot of empty seats yesterday because of a three o'clock start, but the forty seven to fifty thousand that were at Dodgers Stadium yesterday made it feel like there were sixty thousand at Dodge. We need Dodger Stadium filled for the NLCS, whether it's the first two games here or games three, four, and five at Dodgers Stadium. Tickets are available right now at Dodgers dot com slash postseason. That'll do it for us. Tonight on Dodger Talk. In case you missed any of the show or last night's show, Brad Paisley called in. You can find it on the iHeartRadio app. Thanks to Ronnie Fossio for all his help. Thanks to you for listening, and we'll talk to you on Monday, either from Dodgers Stadium or from Milwaukee. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. And man, I am so so sonny. On a day that Philadelphia is not so sonny. The Dodgers beat the Phillies in the NLDS the Eagles lose two straight games. Trust me, I am so happy. Those people are so upset after being there. Do not wish anything but nothing for Philadelphia sports fans. We'll talk to you on Monday. Have a great rest of your night. Happy birthday to me. See them know the perfect gate. No la, I'm la. We love it.