Speaker 1: This is the Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon Roundtable show Look from Longnecks, presented by Postman Law. Brought to you in part by Honda East and Honda East Power Equipment Dealer. Skyline Chile Feeling good, It's Skyline time. R and L Carriers. Visit RLC dot com and make R and L Carriers your global transportation provider, your tri state Chevy Dealers, Chevrolet, the number one selling brand in Cincinnati for the past nine years. Chevrolet Together, Let's drive Postman Law Injured call eight four to four, Postman Others Promise, Postman Delivers and by Cincinnati Tax Resolution powered by Tope Sheldon five one three five one three to oph on seven hundred WLW, the home of the best Bengals coverage.
Speaker 2: Head away, we go our second hour tonight from Longnecks in Wilder, our destination the remainder of this Bengal season and into their playoff run.
Speaker 3: After they win four straight, the Ravens.
Speaker 2: Lose two of four and the Steelers lose three of four, so we have to tie in there.
Speaker 3: They win all tie breakers. Let's talk Bearcats.
Speaker 2: Next up the Liberty Bowl versus Navy in Memphis. Friday, January the second. Let's do that with the man from Bearcat Journal Bearcat journal dot com, Chad Brendle.
Speaker 3: How are you.
Speaker 4: Then, You guys are live from the dispensary tonight.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, working on scenarios of minuscule opportunities. You would be the perfect person to ask this question because in the last week, let's see Bearcat assistant GM Curter Wilson is headed to USF According to reports today, the report is a staffer is headed to Penn State to be an assistant GM Jack Griffith. You, as well as anybody, knows the inner workings and the importance of a front office structure. Now in college athletics, how significant are these departures where you see football?
Speaker 4: Incredibly significant. I mean Carter Wilson was in charge of high school scouting recruiting. He's the guy that you know essentially put together the recruiting board for high school recruits, and Jack Griffith put together the board for the transfer portal. Wow. So you've still got the head of the Snake and Zach Grant at GM, but his two top lieutenants are now headed elsewhere. So that you know the Carter Wilson one it hurts, but you just finished your signing class, so you know you've got time to replace that specific position. But with Zach Griffith, that's you know, the portal opens the second and he's been working on that, you know, diligently since the portal closed last year. And to lose him, you know, basically on the eve of the transfer portal, that's a that's a significant hole to fill and Zach Grant's gonna have to go find somebody that is equally as adapt at mining the transfer portal. I mean, we had a story about it that we talked about on this show about a month ago where you know, eighteen of the twenty one guys they brought in and the transfer portal populated the too deep and you know also Jake Golda, Brendan Soresby and you know guys guys that were a big part of this team were part of that transfer portal process from from Jack and that's a that's a big hole to fill with the transfer portal about the opens.
Speaker 5: And by the way, Ched, I have the Liberty Ball on radio, so I'll be calling you in the next week or so to get all your information anyway, right, No, so the same question. But now let's talk to the talk about the players who is in danger of entering the portal. I guess let's start with with Soresby. Is he a guy that you think is going to stay or is he out? Or what do you think?
Speaker 4: And I don't think he's made a decision yet, but he's going to be a very popular name if he does enter the transfer portal. I've heard ballpark numbers and you're talking millions at a new destination if he chooses to go that route. So uh, with Cincinnati's financials, I don't know that you know, they they can get all the way up in that ballpark of what he's going to be looking at. So it's definitely something that you have to keep an eye on because you know, if I had to bet you get one last shot at this to go make a whole bunch of money, it's going to be really difficult for Cincinnati to keep him. And you know, they haven't made any announcements on whether he's going to be at the Bowl game or not. But I kind of would be surprised if he played the way things are, you know where things stand at the moment.
Speaker 2: Well, and that was going to be the follow up chatter are they proceeding? How are they proceeding in terms of expectations of from Sorsby to Corleone to Royer to gold Ay even playing in the bowl game.
Speaker 4: Well, Corleone and Goldey were both pretty beat up by the end of the season. I think that announcement everybody, you know, why did why did Dante Corleon announce he was going to the draft when he was out of eligibility. I had to guess that was, you know, I'm not going to be in Memphis. Yeah, so I wouldn't expect to see him. I wouldn't be surprised to see Golday, although gold as kind of a kind of a machine, so it wouldn't shock me if he wanted to play. But we haven't had a practice availability yet, so I don't know exactly what that's going to look like. But you know, you just lost Christian Harrison, who was one of your best defensive back to the transfer portal. I wouldn't expect to see him play. And ultimately, I mean you know this as well as I do, Rocky, in this day and age, the last thing you want to see as your bowl game opponent is a service Academy.
Speaker 2: I was just going to s this is not exactly an ideal matchup, is it.
Speaker 4: No, because they're not going to have opt outs like those guys. You know you can leave. I guess you can leave enter the transfer portal your freshman and sophomore year, but once you hit your junior year, like you're locked in. You can't transfer out of the military academies. So they don't have to worry really about the transfer portal with their roster. They don't have to worry about whether guys are going to be locked in for this. So in terms of kind of worst case scenario of an opponent in today's day and age, you really don't want to play a service academy unless you're in the playoffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me squeeze in one on the on the basketball with a trip to Atlanta.
Speaker 3: Take on Georgia.
Speaker 2: How I mean, we know what they've done in non conference, we know what's coming in the Big Twelve. We I mean, if we're looking resume building and need to put things on the board, I mean, how important is a Saturday opportunity against Georgia.
Speaker 4: It's critical. I mean, you can't if you're playing if this is tournament or bust for West Miller, and you really need to get over this hump. You've got to have some wins in this non conference now You've got you know, if you look at kenpom George's twenty four, Clemson's twenty five, So you've got two golden opportunities remaining, yep, to put some wins on the board. But you've got to stack them. You've eliminated any and all legal room with the way things had played out over the first six weeks of the season. So for five weeks of the season, whatever it is, you better start putting some wins on the board. And that starts Saturday against a team that really good on offense, really good on defense. They're averaging like ninety nine points a game that if you look at their you know their metrics, they're good at pretty much everything. So this is going to take an incredible effort from Wes's team if they're going to get this win.
Speaker 2: All right, uh, Bowl season Portal, you name it, the basketball.
Speaker 3: There's a lot going on. You guys are all all over it.
Speaker 2: Lay out what the listeners find at bearkadjournal dot com.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you like more information on the two guys that left. We've got everything up on the board. Keegan's got a couple articles up that covers both of those departures for Cincinnati, and we're getting you ready for Georgia on Saturday, getting you ready for Navy on January second. And Rocky, there is good news. Have you ever done the Liberty Ball before?
Speaker 3: I have, yes, a couple of years ago.
Speaker 4: So you know that there's Rendezvous Barbecue in the press box.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if I've ever got any of that, but I've been to Rendezvous Barbecue a bunch of times, but not in the press box, but I will Thanks for letting me know that it would be good.
Speaker 4: Well, maybe it's changed, but the last time we were at the Liberty Bowl, the press box meal for the media was Rendezvous Barbecue.
Speaker 3: Very nice, very nice.
Speaker 4: If it's not that anymore, you better pull some strings. Well.
Speaker 3: And now they got the construction going.
Speaker 5: So now because I did a game at Memphis this year and the press boxes on the opposite side now or the the T booth, and I assume the radio booth is on the opposite side of the press box now, so I don't know, but either way I will find you and I will find Rendezvous Barbecue and we'll have that.
Speaker 4: Are you at Gus's? Fan Rocky got this?
Speaker 3: Guss's is that barbecue.
Speaker 4: Chicken I've ever had?
Speaker 3: I'm all right, all right.
Speaker 4: Is awesome, but Gus is his otherworldly? All right?
Speaker 2: By the way, if I could, and this will have nothing to do with sports, but I just thought of it, and I hate mentioning other places. But of all things, Dave Miley, the former Reds manager, reads my random thoughts and and then he texts me his random thoughts, and he told me that Kelly and I have to get chicken at Saint Leon Tavern?
Speaker 3: Do I recall correctly? Did when I is it camp? One year? Did you not take me there for chicken?
Speaker 4: Do I?
Speaker 3: Do I remember? Correctly?
Speaker 2: Didn't we have lunch there at Saint Leon Tavern?
Speaker 4: I've been doing this so long, I've had it. And if you like the peppery Indiana fried chicken like that, I think.
Speaker 2: You don't well, if you don't remember you have been there? You did you take me there? Didn't take you remember that you took me there? I think you took me there and said you gotta try this. Who else would I have gone?
Speaker 4: Very all right, nobody probably.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was cough. No, I think it was you.
Speaker 4: I don't know, all right, I mean I'm not doubting that. I'm just i've got i've got a bad memory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're just old. And thank you sir. We'll talk next week. There you go. Brenda Hope, bear Cat Turtle