Speaker 1: I got to tell you, guys, hey, a story this Uh, a buddy of mine. I wasn't going to mention this on the air, but I'm going to mention it because I think it's it's an interesting story. A buddy of mine's going on his first date since his divorce. He was married for seventeen years. How long ago was he was the divorce probably seven months ago or eight months ago, which is crazy because I always said if I got divorced, i'd be out on a.
Speaker 2: Date the next day.
Speaker 3: And I'm thinking seven months that's really fast.
Speaker 2: I would be like, man, let's go. I don't know. You would not shoot me.
Speaker 1: Up, to believe me. But seven months going on his first date. Dating is different since seventeen plus years ago, very different. He is dating a girl. He's going on a date with a girl. They are going to dinner in Northville. If anybody doesn't know where Northville is, it's a very nice community in the Detroit area.
Speaker 2: Is it the opposite of Southville?
Speaker 1: Northville, north south that's something, Yeah, Norville in South Phill No.
Speaker 2: So she lives in ann Arbor.
Speaker 1: And for those that don't know the vicinities, because you're listening to us, and you're not in the know area here Northville, ann Arbor, probably fifteen to twenty minute drive tops, depending on if they're doing construction on them.
Speaker 2: Fourteen.
Speaker 1: She asked him and tell me if this is normal, because I didn't know if this was. She asked him to send her an uber to come pick her up to go to dinner. I thought that was young girls to I got to be on And this is, by the way, a fifty year old dude. This is a fifty year old guy.
Speaker 4: Does he want her to get drunk because that's responsible?
Speaker 1: Why is it his responsibility to send her.
Speaker 4: The y'all are going out to have drinks and she thinks she doesn't want to drive.
Speaker 2: That would be right. I never thought of it. She is.
Speaker 1: She is a forty year old woman. She's kind of like Shannon. She's like, yeah, she's born. Yeah, she's a mom, a single mom, lives in ann Arbor, also divorced, and said, are you gonna send me an uber?
Speaker 2: And he was kind of taken back.
Speaker 1: He sent it in our group text and he said to all of us, he goes, is this normal?
Speaker 2: The funniest was the guy.
Speaker 1: Guys all commented, there's like five or six guys in there. One of the guys that commented in there was like, as long as she's ready to have like she gotta like.
Speaker 2: Tell her you see, and this is their first date.
Speaker 1: First date, first date tonight. By the way, you might see him at Hyde Park in Northfield because that's where they're going, say send him a drink, so and so.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think that is something that for some reason has been a consistent.
Speaker 2: Thing in dating these days.
Speaker 5: It isn't so much picked me up, is can you send me a car? I've never thought about it until Anna just said that. It could mean that maybe she's down to have a good time, but she can pay for it herself.
Speaker 3: See, I don't. Yeah, I don't like this whatsoever because I want to have control over everything about my evening, because what happens if I there? In five minutes after I get there, I realized I do not like you, and now my fate of getting home is in your hands. No, No, you can call your own No you can. But that's what I'm saying. I just think I feel like it. That's that's I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't like that at all.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say it is I've been put off by every girl that's asked me to send her uber I.
Speaker 3: I think that's very off putting.
Speaker 5: I haven't. I haven't went out with any of them.
Speaker 4: I'm on the opposite side though, because I want a man to pick me up for our first date. So if you're not gonna pick me up, the least you can do is send an over.
Speaker 2: So recently I went on a date with a girl.
Speaker 5: We met up the first time, and then I picked her up the second time on a first date?
Speaker 2: You cool? Would a guy coming to pick you up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: See see, I'm surprised. I would rather meet you there on a first date.
Speaker 3: I don't want you to know where I live, but I don't even know if you're a creepy at Oh.
Speaker 2: I guess the.
Speaker 6: Guys that I'm talking to are like guys.
Speaker 1: I okay, and I gotta be honest, and I maybe and this is why I'm married. I think that you got to prove that you, uh, you're worthy of the date, just as much as the guy has to.
Speaker 2: Prove to you.
Speaker 1: And I think you showing up at the date and being your own person, I think it says something, and honestly being in your own person doesn't mean you have to drive your car, take your own uber. I think it looks like you're I think it looks like you're out for something. Like I get the idea that the guy should pay for the date. I don't think he should have to pay for the uber. I could be wrong.
Speaker 6: Would you pick up her on the first date?
Speaker 2: Oh that's back in the back in my day. That's how you get.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So, yes, that's like the same.
Speaker 6: Thing to me.
Speaker 3: But back in your date, it was like your sister's day was not far away, and the old fashioned days when everything was black and white. Your sister set you up with somebody that you, you guys knew as a family, so that it wasn't like you were going out with a complete stranger. That if I met someone on a dat won your wife.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't meet her in a bar. I met her at her high school graduation. It was a whole different story. But I just just say bar next time. I know that sounds bad. I've been working in bar since I.
Speaker 3: Was seventeen, But I do see something very needy and high maintenance about somebody saying, are you going to send me an uber?
Speaker 2: It is an immediate turn off.
Speaker 4: I would have praise a different like are we drinking? Do you mind if you send.
Speaker 2: Me an uber?
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Then I would say I will, I will meet you there.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna grab an uber yeah yeah.
Speaker 6: And then if he offers more points.
Speaker 1: Hey, Kim, uh are you gonna go see Joe at Hyde Park tonight with his girlfrien man Arbor? Is she is?
Speaker 7: She sending an uber?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: What do you think? Uh? No?
Speaker 7: Literally, like I feel like the fact that she's asking for an uber, I don't. I don't know what their their past is and how they know each other and all of those details obviously right, So so like I feel like the next question is can I have your credit card? I'm gonna go like stopping at sex or something like. Those expectations are really high for a first date to me, and I'm speaking from from a middle aged woman like this woman who is forty and also has kids. To Shannon's point, yeah, it's just it's just strange red flags. In my opinion, it.
Speaker 2: Says a precedent.
Speaker 5: It's almost like I have to go into this knowing that I'm going to have to pay for things before I even meet you or before we even go out, I'm already paying for some people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 1: I agree with you though, that is there's what about the credit card analogy that she just gave. Don't you think that's will? I need an outfit?
Speaker 6: Asking guys to send me.
Speaker 2: An uber, it's got to be a thirty.
Speaker 6: Thing, honestly, Usually guys offer.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, like a sudden what's up, Earl, I'm old Joe. How you doing better than better than asking for limbo? I don't know. They don't have limbos anymore.
Speaker 1: Limo the other Yeah, like an old Lincoln limo, like big long stretch limos. And I thought to myself, why did we drive in those in the day?
Speaker 2: And it were fun? Were they? Well? They were fine? Those things. I don't know, they were fun.
Speaker 5: You could pack a bunch of people in there, you had alcoholics.
Speaker 1: It was a great song and the one that I saw was probably from back in the day, so that was kind of crazy. Thanks, Earl, I appreciate it. Take care of yourself. A couple of the textures that came in said, it's definitely a generational thing.
Speaker 2: I think it is, too.
Speaker 1: I think that Anna's probably the generation because it's it's like something it's like thirty years old, like twenty eight to thirty five. No, I think that that's kind of the thing, like you guys need everything done for you.
Speaker 6: Well, that's a cold statement, but.
Speaker 1: Sure, I'm not gonna lie a lie in my life.
Speaker 6: I don't think that we need it done for us, but we appreciate it.
Speaker 5: And I also think like older generations, I feel like just accepted whatever was there. Yeah, I feel like younger generations are more bold and asking for whatever it is if they want right, regardless of how they're if you, regardless if they even deserve it. I ask, what do you mean deserving us?
Speaker 2: We don't deserve everything.
Speaker 5: Well, I think you need to earn someone's love appreciation levels of it.
Speaker 8: Just that, Jay, what do you think I'm sending that uber? You're yeah, I'm sending that uber that you get to pick.
Speaker 4: The location that it drops her off on the way home. Could be your house, could be her.
Speaker 3: That's what I don't like.
Speaker 8: I mean, we'll see how that go after the date, but I'm sending that uber because she might want to go after we get done drinking.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm definitely sending that uber. This is actually kind of cool.
Speaker 1: Send a nice uber like an uber black or something, and then on the way home, put her in a big old hoop date get her in uberpooler. Yeah, what's what's going on?
Speaker 2: Emily High? Good morning, Good morning morning.
Speaker 4: So I'm in a generation where I was picked up from my first dates. But if they send an uber, then technically don't know where They know where you live.
Speaker 1: In that is true, they know your address, so why not just have them pick you up. I know a lot of women don't exactly giving.
Speaker 2: Their address out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, Emily, I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: I'll talk to you later.
Speaker 7: You're welcome. Have a great day, guys.
Speaker 2: You two take care.