Speaker 1: Listen Beeaverville, hellome in.
Speaker 2: Morning, lighty and gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 3: How about those dolphins.
Speaker 4: I woke up yesterday morning with us.
Speaker 3: Bring us to start later, please, I could never know what the day with us forward.
Speaker 1: Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one. We just grabbed every key. Demogra, Yeah, super duper. That's nice. Fight Ago Ndogay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 5: It is the fourth day of May twenty twenty six. May the fourth be with you. Good morning everybody. My name is Chris Hockey. Welcome to your little Partrip morning. So here we are on.
Speaker 4: A Monday Monday, Monday Monday.
Speaker 5: It is yeah, Star Wars day, so I'm sure we'll talk about that, but Ben Libra will be in here. We can talk about the Wilds game one of round two and how that went. We'll tell you check in with Halverson out in Colorado, out there hanging around doing some doobies, and we'll talk about everything else too. What's happen this week, So let's get to it. Jordan Ruben was some comedy about Star Wars on the Partrip Morning Show. Come ont in I am glad you are here.
Speaker 6: We're telling me they made the first Star Wars movie. The entire cast and crew is on drugs because it was the seventies.
Speaker 3: They had some.
Speaker 6: Wild times back then, or something that kind of seems to make sense. Can imagine a writer's meeting for the movie Star Wars.
Speaker 3: Be okay, dig this man.
Speaker 6: His name is Chewbaca, He's a Wookie.
Speaker 3: Those are his lines, right?
Speaker 1: That spell it right?
Speaker 6: All the other writers like George, you want to take a break. It's like going on, what if you're an actor in the seventies auditioning for the part of a wookie. That's gotta be embarrassing, right. It's like next.
Speaker 4: Were last general.
Speaker 2: The Fiers line is weeding feet us on your side. You hear the distance under this line, and then you stray to take it to the time.
Speaker 1: Nine goals just nine, not bad?
Speaker 4: Sixteen total, right, fifteen fifteen not bad? You didn't get seven, Nope, we.
Speaker 1: Got Halverson's score of six to nine.
Speaker 3: Not bad.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: She wasn't that bad. It's it's what time do you go to bed? Do you honestly go to bed? When it was thirty year four two? But it was four to two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh you missed, you missed a battle. Man, I know it looks awful and uh, in a lot of ways it was. But man, they were they took a five to four lead. They sure did. They battled. It wasn't that bad.
Speaker 3: It sounds nuts because Walston gave up eight goals. Not bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I heard the uh we we got it down to I believe was a seven to six and then they scored again almost immediately after that.
Speaker 3: And then the empty netter and.
Speaker 4: It yeah, just uh, I said Sinar.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Man, h it looked like it was gonna be nine to nothing.
Speaker 1: The first that three goals stretching the first and I saw you tweet basically like this is over.
Speaker 3: I'm going to bed screw this, and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the only point in the game where it felt like, all right, this is absolutely rest versus rust. Right, they're arrested, they're not rusty. They're gonna win something like seven and nothing. Yeah, and this game just isn't gonna be ours. But the wild We're scrappy, got two goals back by the end of the first, scored three straight at one point in the second and take a five to four lead, like, are we gonna steal this game? Because they kept hammering that stat. In the history of the wild we have never come back from three goals down in the postseason to win, and they almost did last night. They were down three rip and did take a five to four lead briefly. But they took a five to four lead. Now there was like half a game to go, but they still did it. And uh and then they blew it.
Speaker 3: Nine to six. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess My only question is val said for.
Speaker 3: A game two, what do you do because he got rocked?
Speaker 5: Did you hear the one one of their players said they knew his weakness? They found his weakness.
Speaker 3: I did not hear that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh, I don't know if zach are you there, zee?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't hear the I didn't hear that quote.
Speaker 5: But yeah, man checked this out. Hold on, I'll find it while you guys discuss things.
Speaker 3: This little daisy. Yeah that's good. His weakness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, let me see it because it was a guy's name I couldn't pronounce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that guy.
Speaker 4: No, stay with me, everybody.
Speaker 3: But coup. What's the weather like in Denver, Zachary? Beautiful?
Speaker 8: It's uh like it was the mid seventies. Yesterday, great walking weather.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, we got some rain on the way today.
Speaker 5: Now, zem Kadridri says they owned his weakness when shooting from the right circle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they know. They got him down.
Speaker 3: It's over Johnny so glove side.
Speaker 4: Then put in the other dude.
Speaker 8: Then I don't know, No, he I mean, he obviously knows that. Eight goals, and Hind said the same. I mean, it's not not great, but I don't think it was any sort of a reason to pull him or started anybody different.
Speaker 3: In game two. Uh, he could.
Speaker 8: Play better, he should play better, but uh, there was I mean, as he said, the puckhead eyes, they.
Speaker 3: Had some unbelievable shots here and there.
Speaker 8: Yeah, so that's it was not not obviously not a great game from all said, but this was about as wacky of a hockey game I think I've ever seen, and most have ever seen in their lives. I've that that was such a I can't even I mean, get the score.
Speaker 3: Nine to six.
Speaker 8: There's there was a there's a good chance that neither team would get to that in the first four games of the the the series combined, and they did it in one game. In fact, I mean Colorado did it in half a game for the most part.
Speaker 3: So this was an outlier.
Speaker 8: As Corey said, rest versus rust uh, the Wild seemingly just were not prepared. And then the start just because just naturally nothing prepared, because they didn't know until midnight on Friday that they were even gonna be playing and going to Colorado on Sunday. So I think a day here where they're gonna they're gonna they're gonna rest, They're gonna probably watch the film uh this afternoon and get ready for tomorrow and which that will hopefully be a much more normal hockey game, because what we saw last night here in Denver was anything but normal.
Speaker 1: Julie Erksanek and Brodein both out for Game two as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that that was not fun news to find out, and you could tell they especially with you. We talked about the two guys who are very, very uh you know, important on the defensive side of things. Obviously Burdeen being a defenseman himself, shutdown defenseman, he is huge. But then even Eric Sanakt being a forward, he's one of their best defensive forwards. So you'd like to think they would have taken a couple of goals off just by their presence alone out there. But that, I mean, that's the point. I mean, the wild still put up six against Colorado. Again, we're caught flat footed early. If you know they fixed this, they fixed that. I think this is gonna be one heck.
Speaker 3: Of a series. There's a lot of positives.
Speaker 8: It's hard to say that, but as you said, even Corey like, it wasn't that bad, and at the end it was. It was seven to six at one point, and it just a kind of just kept unraveling.
Speaker 3: But Colorado's good team. That's not to say that the Wilder.
Speaker 8: It's gonna be at all easy for for either squad, But that's I guess that's the point. It's it's gonna be tough for the other team. I think the ads are thinking too that winning three more games against this wild squad it's not going to be easy at all either.
Speaker 3: So again, it's gonna be a.
Speaker 1: Great series, No thanks, Rosie. Fifteen goals combined since nineteen ninety four. Since nineteen ninety four, thirty two years, how many NHL playoff games have had a combined total of fifteen goals or more?
Speaker 5: I don't know, two.
Speaker 3: Man one since when you said.
Speaker 1: Since nineteen ninety four, how many games have had fifteen goals or more in the postseason.
Speaker 8: Because this might have been more common in the eighties for sure. I mean I camp handful, maybe.
Speaker 3: Three four two.
Speaker 1: That is the second one since nty four and just the tenth playof off game all time. Congratulations with fifteen or more goals. Yeah, that's a ton, It's a ton.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was over under like five and a half. I think it was five and a half. Yeah, yeah, do you have the under?
Speaker 7: No, but they had five goals in the first period, right, sure it did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, three two yeah? Yeah. Man.
Speaker 7: Just from like a non hockey guy, which I don't I love watching hockey, I don't get like, I don't get the ins and outs of it.
Speaker 3: I don't get all the you know that like I do with football.
Speaker 7: The first three goals, and I know you guys are saying like they battled, they they came back. They looked like a team that meant something, and it was tough to win the game on Thursday and then bounce back and then go to Colorado on Sunday. Right when the first three goals were so dominant. They just they look like a step up from the Stars. I know, like they beat them, they beat them a cup. I think, what did they beat them once in the regular season here, because he came back in November when they beat him in overtime and Walstead did that celebration and everybody in Colorado flipped out. This just looks like a way better team, especially with mccarr and McKennon.
Speaker 3: But Carr came back score it what he scored twice. I think I'm not as optimistic as you guys are well, because you went to bed early.
Speaker 1: If you watch the whole game, you would see but it looked like it looked like they could battle. So when I said it wasn't that bad, obviously Walston giving.
Speaker 3: Up eight is bad.
Speaker 5: And why do you have two goalies if your guys giving up them any goals and you don't pull them, And especially if the other team says we figured out his weakness, is that? Like, I mean, I don't know why the other guy would have said that. Why did not keep that to yourself?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hey, you never tell a sucker the table.
Speaker 3: I don't know my tales. They don't tell me.
Speaker 4: Wait till after the series. Yeah, yeah, well you figured them out.
Speaker 3: You know, every time you open an Oreo cookie, we knew we could score a goal.
Speaker 1: Right right?
Speaker 9: You know what?
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting about you, sauce, and again, you can do whatever you want. I watched poker all the time, right, it's pathetic. I live live an empty existen. It's what you like to do.
Speaker 3: Man, for sure. You know what's crazy about you is you freaking love sports? Right? Love them.
Speaker 1: If if the Vikings played on a Sunday night against like, let's say the five and seven Vikings took on the I don't know, three and nine Arizona Card, let's go, you'd watch the whole freaking game. Yeah, but the Wilder in the second round of the postseason and it's midway through the first you're like, I'm going to bed.
Speaker 3: Yeah why, I don't know. I don't know either.
Speaker 1: You check out so fast in sports that aren't football, But with football you'll watch just trash.
Speaker 3: Trash till one in the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah overtime, yes, sir, sir, you'll take that, please, yes, But it's three zip and you're like, f this, well, because it looks like it was gonna be one hundred to nothing right, But if you stayed up, that game was entertaining as hell.
Speaker 5: It's a it's not football, it's.
Speaker 3: Got to be it. It's just got to be that simple that it's just not right. Yeah, that's because because man it was.
Speaker 1: It was frustrating, but it was entertaining his hell, because there were goals like every four minutes on average.
Speaker 3: It was nuts.
Speaker 5: Like if our centers fumbled the snap fifteen times in a row, you'd be like, maybe we should put a different center in.
Speaker 8: I don't think it wasn't as bad as you guys are making it out to.
Speaker 3: All steady.
Speaker 8: He had some really good uh he had some really good saves here mixed in and and yeah I didn't play uh you know, incredible like we'd seen him against Dallas, But I think he was He was fine, And there was there was no question.
Speaker 3: I think after the game who was going to start game? So we've we've had was it who? Was it Talbot? And was it Flurry?
Speaker 1: Who was the one handful of years ago where we seemingly went back and forth like almost every games act which series was added, which two goaltenders were that were the wild seemed to just bounce back and forth between.
Speaker 3: These goals sounds right, Yeah. And then obviously.
Speaker 1: Way back in the day we had like the Fernandez rolls in back and forth. Is it gonna be a little weird if they truly never go to Gustafson, Like what would it take like if Walston does this again exactly, then you have to think about changing.
Speaker 8: I mean, they're gonna they're gonna gave up six, you know, like our yeah, six goals, uh you know. And and there was definitely a couple of questions, questionable ones that Wedge would give up, and they're they're they're not gonna again.
Speaker 3: This was this game was such an outlier.
Speaker 8: And and those of those eight goals, I think there's definitely a couple that he should have have saved. But there was I think six at least solid goals that well, any goaltender you put in are not gonna are not going.
Speaker 1: To uh save How about the one Zach were I forget who shot it was. It was from like the top and uh, mccarran's stick shatters, but it's still redirected at past Wallstead.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what are you gonna do about that?
Speaker 1: That sucks? I just I don't I remember the last time I saw a stick at her mid shot like that.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Not all that you don't.
Speaker 1: I watch a fraction of the hockey you watch, but that's that was pretty nuts to redirect it accidentally and shatter your own stick.
Speaker 8: An incredible shooting team, and and and like like uh like, well well it's at the pocket eyes they they were they were finding the net in in so many different ways. And again Kadre's goal was one he wanted back for sure. There's one or two more.
Speaker 1: Maybe that that's first one. Yeah, Mcar's first one. It's just like it was a you know, clearest a better angle. Yeah, yeah, there's there's nobody blocking your view, it's just your How do you not stop that one? That one frustrated me as a guy that doesn't know much about hockey. But I'm like, wow, really great shot right top corner. Like it was a tough angle, but still I would hope false they could make those saves, all right, one nothing, it goes the wrong way. The Avs lead one to zero after a nine six win. Sauce slept peacefully because is apparently it's not football and you don't.
Speaker 7: Have to deal with leaves, Yes, gutter HUBBT, gutter hummet MN dot com never clean your gutters again, or the Power to Morning show after this on the van.
Speaker 5: Here we are welcome back on a Monday morning. The wind she's gonna blow today. Other than that, not too bad And I stayed yesterday Helenly.
Speaker 3: Congratulations.
Speaker 4: Thanks. It wasn't just mine. Everybody else had a good day too.
Speaker 1: I think it was lovely beautiful. I mean I didn't go outside, but out the window it looked really nice velociraptors out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was lovely. I wouldn't go outside if there was.
Speaker 1: No way, although they can open doors for Steven Spielberg.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're very clever. Clever girl, Maybe I should change the locks. You're ready to do that? Change the locks? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, I just have hot ass Randy do it. No no, no, no, like is he if you ever had to have him do it?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 4: He as has extra keys right for himself.
Speaker 3: Just in case. See there now. Yeah, there's a couple of projects he's working on. That's surly. Dude's a workaholic. Yeah, good for him.
Speaker 5: Paywalls can s the d I mean what website? All of them?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, a lot of times. This computer is logged in at the stars Youbuting dot com. So I fall forward all the time.
Speaker 1: I'll click a link, I scroll about halfway through that first paragraph and then it pops up and it blocks, and I'm like, I just wanted to see how Walker Jenkins got hurt so I can jot it down in my notes. And it's a paywall, and guess what I do immediately leave their stupid website.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: It's funny though, because like Barrero, Arrow and Guards, he'll sit there eventually. At some point they all have to have those accounts.
Speaker 4: Ain't gonna let us have it. They're gonna lock your right out.
Speaker 7: Yeah, thet believe just be logged in on one of the user names he used to be all the time.
Speaker 3: That's why I keep falling for it.
Speaker 1: I'm dumb enough to keep clicking on it, assume it'll get me there, and then nope, same thing. There was some headline on Starts You Being Today about like the Frost might have to play back to back nights in Montreal because of scheduling things.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what's going on? I click on it pay wall, I'm like, never.
Speaker 1: Mind, Yeah, I'll never know the I won't know the answer to that. Now, ye don't Carker Fox text me and tell me when Taylor's playing. I guess I'm never gonna know. Well, couldn't you just go to the Frost's website? I sure could.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now I'm pissed at the starts beute for making me go on other websites.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't have to do that.
Speaker 5: What is going on with the ant By the way, as he planners, he's not.
Speaker 3: Playing is questionable for game one.
Speaker 4: That's why I had it.
Speaker 1: We thought, right, yes, but he's not guaranteed to play. The line hasn't moved at all, so that's kind of telling. He was optimistically maybe going to be back by game three, and then they said, well, questionable. He's clear to play, questionable for Game one tonight, and he's flying to you know, San Antonio the whole day. But if you look at DraftKings, they were thirteen and a half point dogs before that news, and they're thirteen and a half point dogs now. Yeah, so that's a little interesting that the line didn't move.
Speaker 7: When I saw Johnny Athletics tweet yesterday about how he's you know, there's a possibility that he might play, he's cleared to play and all that, And then I did the exact same thing.
Speaker 3: I went to draft kings. I'm like, why is it like eight and a half?
Speaker 7: Right, it's still which either means he's not gonna play, or it doesn't matter if he plays.
Speaker 1: Well, which is dumb. Of course it matters if it plays right. So to me, this is the shark saying I don't think he's playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is that. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did you guys watch the Kentucky Derby?
Speaker 1: Sure did?
Speaker 4: Was it not like watching like this?
Speaker 5: The horse should have been in like Sammy Sosa's doctor or something like that. That thing was so much faster than every other horse. I couldn't believe how quickly it came to the crowd. Why that overhead view is unbelievable?
Speaker 1: Yeah, give give her take worse to first?
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, path as unbelievable.
Speaker 7: And then which horse knocked uh knocked its guy off?
Speaker 3: Great White?
Speaker 7: Yeah right, but right as they were walking, they'd like start everything over again, ye man, yeah.
Speaker 3: Great White. Yeah. Let the worst start to a performance?
Speaker 7: Okay, well, not bad, correct? I mean probably it is a bruise butt, but he did burn alive too soon?
Speaker 3: Man? I love the derby.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was sweet man, that was awesome. The overhead view is just crazy to watch.
Speaker 1: Sick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's crazy to watch, just like literally, it was like like when I rocked the race rock Lessner and he gave me a twenty yards start, had started whatever, there was no chance.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: The horse I got third was like seventy to one, yeah, and was what a Thursday replacement or something.
Speaker 3: It was just something get in there and I guess we'll do it. Yeah, finished second, ye yeah. Yeah. The Puma was a late scratch, so running Gade was the favorite.
Speaker 7: You saw it, Like you said the other day about how no like no horses went out of the one, It's yes, because.
Speaker 3: You have to pinch all the way back.
Speaker 7: It's exactly the second they got out of the gate that sucker tried to get all the way back over.
Speaker 3: It was. It was It's impressive to even finished second in that spot.
Speaker 4: Horses, man, horses, Horsey's hope. They just love running. I hope it's like the most fun thing ever.
Speaker 3: Great White didn't look like he wanted to he will.
Speaker 1: He was like a three year old and gymnastics class doing somersaults just for fun. You're like, focus, buddy, focus, race time.
Speaker 3: Can't do it. You're gonna have snacks after the race.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just woke up and he had ned coffee yet, and he's like, get off my back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was pilled.
Speaker 1: You know, it's crazy if like if the Wild and Avalanche were set for Game one, yeah, and right before the game Marcus Felino falls is down some stairs and dies, they would call off the game right now.
Speaker 3: Great White and the jockey. Neither one of them died.
Speaker 1: You know what's crazy is let's say he does a backflip and the horse has to be put down a k like Barbaro back in that, even though that was weeks later, but you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So once in a while the horse has to be put down right there on the track. It's not good.
Speaker 1: They bring out the old meat wagon and it's like, oh man, this is back. If Great White had done a back flip flips the jockey off, not with his hoove, like I mean physically just flips him off. And then they're like, oh man, he broke every bone in his neck. That we got to put the son of a bitch down all right, Lot up the gates let's run right, Like, they don't call off the derby and say, out of respect for Great White, we got to race some other day.
Speaker 5: No, No, Ryan Blaney's flipped into their grandstands. Let's do a little racing exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, fence Becka, let's go.
Speaker 1: It might have been a ten minute delay to pull Great White's body off the track and then we'll run.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Of course the other horses are like, did you guys not see what happened about?
Speaker 1: They're like paying attention again, Marcus Felino falls down the stairs and kills himself.
Speaker 3: They're not going to go.
Speaker 1: Marcus would have wanted us to play Game one on time. Yeah, drops at eight fifty or whatever. No, it's game over. No, we're moving on. I don't know what I'm saying about Marcus.
Speaker 5: Yes, if I die on the way to work tomorrow, I want you guys to cancel the show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like forever. Sure, I want it to end with me, right, just keep that in mind.
Speaker 3: I'd be devastating.
Speaker 1: We're not going to do that, but we're going to tell you we're going to do that, because you'll never know the.
Speaker 5: Difference, or I might. I'll be just hanging around your bedrooms. Ye, watching you diddle?
Speaker 3: Wow, that is what you do?
Speaker 4: Of course, why not? I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Yeah, your wife shouldn't be that nervous because he's already seen her naked.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I'm curious about like your role in the whole situation mine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, we got to get to the bottom of that. Something's going on over there?
Speaker 4: What's going on with you? What are you doing?
Speaker 3: What do you mean? It doesn't add up?
Speaker 4: Did you ever flipping off her back right before the start of the race? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 7: No, no, she's never bucked me off?
Speaker 4: Well give her shot.
Speaker 3: Never, not even on your birthday?
Speaker 7: No, like, yeah, all the time, but not like she's never Like we've never got.
Speaker 4: Out of old fashion.
Speaker 3: I caut right, Yeah, how long is she had buck teeth? What she doesn't have bucked teeth? She's very nice teeth.
Speaker 7: Yeah, well, thanks, Billy, I was thanks for standing up for it.
Speaker 3: Sad movie out. I gotta go see that your concert.
Speaker 4: I don't think so I would have seen. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think so. Man.
Speaker 1: One of the best counselors I've ever seen. Not an exaggeration. I think I would be willing to go see it again and like an iron tea kids.
Speaker 3: Please, yeah, don't go alone. Man.
Speaker 4: They loved that lady.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, but I was really comfortable with a trench coat watching Billie. I wish you were you with Rose. No, I went by myself. I'll bring my kids next.
Speaker 4: Never was raining, right, or there was a danger that there might be raining.
Speaker 3: So I was seventy and so okay, all right, whatever, it was just the style.
Speaker 1: No, it is my style. I was the only one they wearing a trench coat. You know, I would say after Columbine, the trench coat really took a dive from a fashion per specially, you don't see a lot of trench coats anymore.
Speaker 7: What do you think was the greatest like year or decade for people who would wear trench coats and.
Speaker 5: Flashing hey hey, hey hey times because Judd hursh Er whatever his name is, war one.
Speaker 3: And Judd Nelson.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so like the eighties and also in the eighties, the guy that commits Mopery and Revenge of the Nerds was wearing a trench coat and he would flash people.
Speaker 3: So I think Chris is right.
Speaker 1: I think eighties was really big for not just trench coats, but specifically trench coats to flash somebody against their will, right, flashing is always somebody like there's always somebody who was into that, right, sure.
Speaker 4: But you got to have a big old pecker.
Speaker 1: I don't think you have to.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think you have to know because we've we've heard a million times about the guys that want to go online just to get shamed. I think it's sometimes it's like they just don't they just want the shocks back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's it's not like.
Speaker 1: The trench coat is a crackerjack box where it's like wait until you see what it's. It's just I just want to expose myself. Yeah, you're not winning anything. I guess that could be button bar. I just want to expose myself. Yeah that's on somebody's thing. Yeah, for sure that they just want to show you their wier Like where would I even buy a trench coat if I wanted one?
Speaker 3: Amazon?
Speaker 1: But I'm talking about like, if I'm at the does the Mall of America have one store that sells a trench coat?
Speaker 4: It should?
Speaker 3: Well yeah, I'm.
Speaker 7: Sure, but yeah, I mean if you want like a like don't most suit places would have a trench coat.
Speaker 3: I don't know. When do I go into suit places? You don't.
Speaker 7: But when you put out a suit you look very Excuse me, I got choked up.
Speaker 3: You did? You look nice? And you get all dressed up. I know you hate it.
Speaker 1: I hate it, which is fine, and I I would like to dress like this every day for the next forty years and call.
Speaker 3: It a day.
Speaker 7: But when you do get all dulled up like you did for Tommy's wedding and you look nice, I don't like.
Speaker 3: To get all dolled up. I don't want to get all dolled up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, though you look pretty.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Would you wear a suit to my funeral?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Or my birthday suit?
Speaker 1: To here?
Speaker 3: Why are you assuming I'm going? Why would you do that? Hawk?
Speaker 1: Cool?
Speaker 4: Dad request it.
Speaker 3: Papa will be there.
Speaker 4: Plus it's a party.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're all excited.
Speaker 4: Yeah, finally do.
Speaker 3: You want me to so? No, I just want you to show up.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will show up, and yes I will wear a suit.
Speaker 3: But see, I wouldn't know, so it doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: Hailed it front Page Sports in a second, Ben labor in like thirty minutes or so.
Speaker 3: This is the power to him. Money Joe in the fan.
Speaker 8: Carboni's Pizzeria is ready to run the floor for your game playoff party tonight. Swim by one of their thirty plus locations, Grab championship level pizza and get set for a deep playoff run. Find your Nae Carponis at Carponies Pizza dot com.
Speaker 5: Remix the Mel Remix almost doing Mel Gibson remixes on their songs.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. Didn't see that happening.
Speaker 3: He's a wanted man. Yeah, Mel's excited.
Speaker 5: Hey, this is a true thing. I just saw it because I just I saw. The first time I saw it, I was like, well, that can't be true. And then I looked on CNN and there was two million people went to a concert, a Shakira concert. Two million, two million people and at that point too million people. They weren't there just for Shakira. They were there because there were too million people at a concert, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yes, still can't get it.
Speaker 1: I mean you can probably barely see the screen if you're at the back of that pile, right. I wonder, I wonder how far back physically does that crowd go. I don't know a mile.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine the traffic.
Speaker 3: Oh you leave a song?
Speaker 5: Yeah, uh oh oh the traffic. It can be a it could have been a rocket club show. When I'd have left early, Eve been like, who's going to sing North Country? Yeah? Yeah, man, man, I don't know a million people. Good for her, it's a yes man.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Remember we watched her together, only separately when we were in Mexico. We were both watching the same channel and we saw the Shakira concert.
Speaker 3: I have no memory of that.
Speaker 1: Don't have any memory of that. You were in your room and I was in my room, and and that part sounds right.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And when we I think we were talking about it later, like at a dinner or something like that. You were like, man, turn on TV. I had no idea how big a deal Shakira was. I was like, I was watching the same thing. You don't remember that at all? How do I remember something you don't.
Speaker 1: I definitely remember a dinner where we had a lot of conversations and a lot of questions.
Speaker 4: And yeah, and you know what, quit talking so much.
Speaker 1: And then somebody got cut off for absolutely no reason. I remember that dinner, same dinner, same trip, or different dinner, different trip trip.
Speaker 4: I'm almost positive that was an interesting one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was an eye opener.
Speaker 4: It certainly was.
Speaker 1: Sure, certainly not a mouse closure. If you know what's good for you, yeah, saw so since you weren't on that trip, here's what you should learn.
Speaker 3: You want to you want to learn something, here's the moral of the story. I'd love to learn.
Speaker 4: Please.
Speaker 1: Apparently, when somebody politely asks you a question, it's extremely rude to answer it.
Speaker 4: Don't use more than ten words.
Speaker 1: Pull your hands up. Let's role play here. Sure, I'm going to ask hawk a question to know? Okay, so hand So you're going to ask some hawk a question, and I'm going to be the person who doesn't like the way you're conversing.
Speaker 3: Correct, Yes, ahead, Hey Hawk, how's everything going? Oh?
Speaker 5: I'm so glad that you asked. You know, there's a lot going on in school and I'm really happy.
Speaker 3: About Okay, Okay, he gets he gets it. You're good. He understands it. Everything's going well. Okay, okay, No, he gets it, though, But why can't I answer?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, no? You did?
Speaker 3: You did? He know where? Everybody knows? You're good? Now?
Speaker 4: Okay, do you want him to ask you a question?
Speaker 3: Is that what you're saying and brilliant. And that's exactly how I went. Yep, crazy, come on, it was.
Speaker 5: It was I'll say this, I know now the definition of off putting.
Speaker 3: Oh, I should be off putting.
Speaker 4: You really should be off putting.
Speaker 3: Thanks that gaflin Akis. I love that. Oh it's you should be off putting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you eat too much putting. No, I don't think so. Time now for front paid Sports presented by Holidays station stores. Station stores. Buy three monsters for eight dollars.
Speaker 3: Mix and match any flavors you want.
Speaker 1: I've been trying to see like a red, white and blue raspberry one.
Speaker 3: Oh hell yeah, all right, and house some miran. Uh there's like a picture of Lincoln there. Yeah, three for eight Monster at holiday?
Speaker 7: How great is that? Royalton Holiday? A plus, it's a beautiful holiday. It's like a proto type story.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tommy loves it. Love holiday.
Speaker 7: Yeah, texting him on as I passed it both times. After grand View, all right.
Speaker 1: We talked a lot about the Wild so we'll get to them in a second. And went the wrong way. But tonight, game one of the Western Conference semi Finals in the NBA for the Wolves and the Spurs, Wemby and San Antonio big favorites thirteen and a half point favorites on DraftKings eight thirty start. That sucks, but whatever, r it's the playoffs, sauce. Come on, man, stay up. So the ant injury watch is constantly evolving. What twenty four hours ago we thought maybe game three or four, and we're like, hey, halfway through the series, can the Wolves find a way to steal one until he gets back?
Speaker 3: Just can we? Can we just keep the boat floating until he gets back.
Speaker 1: Well, now he has been cleared to play and is questionable for tonight. Don't know if he's playing, but it's closer than we thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, clear to play, sure, I mean, I.
Speaker 7: Mean they were yesterday. I'm pretty sure the line hasn't changed. The Spurs are still thirteen and a half point favorites. Yesterday they were like something like minus eight something in the money line. They're not minus six hundred, which doesn't make much sense because the what do you think if it came out right now that he was going to play, what do you think the line would get to ten and a half?
Speaker 1: No, I think if a healthy aunt was in this game and this was truly a game one and both teams were completely healthy. I think the Spurs would be six and a half point favorites. Wow, yeah, something like that. So I think thirteen and a half is seven point I mean maybe, but like the Wolves beat the Spurs two out of three in the regular season, they meet loafed them. And if you are, if you're in the camp that says the Wolves can do this, it has to be completely based on experience. Right, We've been to the Western Conference Finals back to back years with essentially the same group. Yeah, the group that wasn't there for both of them have essentially been playoff tested.
Speaker 3: On their own in other ways or on other teams. And this is a young ass Spur squad.
Speaker 1: They got a couple of events like Fox but I mean Wemby, Young, Castle, Young, Harper Young, Right, like they're all they're all babies. So yep, they're super dominant. They should be heavy favorites. But let's just hope that pops up and bites them. Let's hope that the healthy Wolves whenever Ant comes back, shows that they've been battle tested.
Speaker 3: Just win one.
Speaker 7: When tomorrow or Thursday or tonight, yeah, tonight or Wednesday? Right, I don't know tonight for sure. Yeah Wednesdays, Yeah, I think so win one of those games. You know what's great about Game two of the wild game seven o'clock start time.
Speaker 3: Correct. I will watch all of that, even if they go down nine.
Speaker 4: Why would you do that?
Speaker 3: What do you mean?
Speaker 4: You don't have to do anything you don't want to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you don't have to have to.
Speaker 4: Get under overwhelmed by peer pressure.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I should watch it. But I gave up on them last night. But you sure didn't.
Speaker 3: But not anymore.
Speaker 1: And man, Twitter did not care for your abandoning of the Minnesota while did you read the.
Speaker 3: Comments this morning?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Why would I read the comments? I did? Yeah, because you hate me?
Speaker 1: No, I just I'm just curious because when you play the troll role on Twitter, yeah, you're gonna get trolled back, which is fine. So you tweeted, I tweeted a lot of things, good night. Never get excited for Minnesota sports. They will always let you down. Oh and boyd, did you get just just drug through the mud? It was not good. But then about ten minutes, I can't even read half of this?
Speaker 3: Oh really? Oh sure? Yeah, I get called the one word.
Speaker 1: Well, there's a lot of one words that technically were I called you a few one words.
Speaker 3: This one's aggressive as hell. I'm that one says you suck.
Speaker 4: Because it's aggressive. Don it's not true.
Speaker 3: Jeez, that's a slur.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 3: This one tells you which one though not the one you would guess.
Speaker 7: How about the one from scold you're ninety?
Speaker 3: Yes? Oh I saw that one. Yeah? Is he right?
Speaker 4: Though he's right about reading it.
Speaker 1: This one just says bleep you Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you guys, there's another slur.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of slurs in this Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: That's because they're all invisible, you know. Yeah, but I man.
Speaker 3: This one says get a new job.
Speaker 4: He's right about that.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: No, that's my burner account, uh, Richard.
Speaker 4: That's from Jimmy iHeart.
Speaker 7: Richard wrote this bit is so good, oh, rich So that was when I tweeted, always get excited for Minnesota sports.
Speaker 3: They never let you down.
Speaker 4: See.
Speaker 5: I love the way you read it because you read that as a positive. But he wrote it as a negative.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 7: I I about five minutes after they scored two more goals. I woke back up and then wrote, always get excited for Minnesota sports.
Speaker 3: What time the game started?
Speaker 7: At?
Speaker 3: What time? Probably eight ten, Zach? Is that right about eight ten? Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 1: At eight thirty four, Saws tweeted, this will be a sweep.
Speaker 4: He didn't say which way.
Speaker 1: Then let's just say thanks, and let's just say it was not well received.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but.
Speaker 7: The internet has turned more slurs all these.
Speaker 3: This is to hear them out, Corey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't say I gave out a lot of.
Speaker 3: Passes last night. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Oh, they used the ball on me, sachoy.
Speaker 1: This guy says, how are you not divorced? Like five x by now, yeah.
Speaker 7: That's that guy makes uh well that Wow, you can look up that guy's name. That guy's name, it's right on and he he listens to ninety three X you can find it. Blame him he has in his bio. I can't blame me. That a good show.
Speaker 4: You can find anybody, as that teacher from AMENTI learned.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then that other guy the yeah, social media sucks.
Speaker 4: It can be great though.
Speaker 3: Oh Richard stood up for me again. He told that shut up, like Richard, you like that.
Speaker 1: That's what a couple of these comments are saying made a lot of money selling passes.
Speaker 3: Last night. But they used to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, their punch card got filled out. Apparently this word about eighty times just for saying that the Abs we're gonna win. They love sports though, Yeah, so do I. But the ass didn't win nine to six in Game one over the Minnesota Wild. It was three zip midway a little over midway through the first, okay, Rosie, but Johanson and Hartman scored late in the first to cut it to three to two end of one, and man, it just that those two goals, specifically Zachary, it felt like, all right, the seven zip thing is over, Like we probably are starting to scare them that we have settled in, right, the dust is settled.
Speaker 3: We're all right, we.
Speaker 1: Can get through this. Being down one after one felt like, all right, it's game on. And that obviously came to fruition because the Wild took the lead in the second.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I thought this is going to be a throwaway game for sure, and uh I was.
Speaker 3: I was with Saws for the most part.
Speaker 8: There you know, when it when it when they went down three. But yeah, it was really cool to see that effort and at the end of the first and then obviously they took a brief lead there.
Speaker 3: And kept battling back.
Speaker 8: But you know the fact of the matter is Colorado's the best team in the National Hockey League, and they proved it last night. They were never i think, completely out of control of the of the game. But like I said, I think I think the Wild were unprepared at the beginning, and and just again going from a team that you know, playing the same team six straight times in Dallas and then now having to completely change their game for a team that is better. Like you said, Sauce, it's the Apps are very, very good and they have to have a little bit more time to prepare. They'll do that today and I think it'll be a closer one tomorrow, and then hopefully by h we'll take advantage of the fact that there's a three three off days between games two and three, which I've never heard of before, and hopefully Brot Dean and or Eric Sinak will be ready to go for Saturday because they are sorely missed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is the deal with that? Why is it such a huge gap from two to three?
Speaker 8: Well, they said there's there's like, well, the Frost play on Thursday. They play a p w HL playoff game, so the building wasn't available then, and then there's uh figure skating on Sunday, I believe, at at the arena, so they had to, Like, I don't know, it didn't make total sense, but I guess it just goes down to building availability, and of course TV as well plays a big part, and they think, I guess they think a Saturday night game will draw more people.
Speaker 7: So I love that it's Saturday night because I'm gonna go and I can't wait.
Speaker 4: Are you really going to the game?
Speaker 3: Yeah? How'd you get tickets?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Hot ass, Randy?
Speaker 4: Are they available anyway?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're available to anybody. You're going to the game? Yeah? What are your friends going to do?
Speaker 1: When midway through the first you say, after this, we're gonna lose, let's go home. No, I was already told we got to stay the whole game, and you're agreeing to go. Yeah, unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Nobody. What's saucy and the arena? He doesn't want to be?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Leave?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you don't make any sense to me. You're anominally why last night you could have stayed up and watched the whole game from the comforts of your own home. Maybe your own dead You haven't moved yet, right, No, but all the TVs are down? Oh what were you watching it on your phone?
Speaker 3: iPad? Yeah?
Speaker 7: All the dove mounts, all the TVs for me in our house. Try to take it down because h he was only available last week, so I'm watching it on my iPad. M.
Speaker 4: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: It's like living in a third world country.
Speaker 4: Going to yourself and what are you doing? Go rent the hotel.
Speaker 7: I mean I'll be able to. It'll be all up and running tomorrow at the new house. I'll be able to watch the wild game at seven o'clock. Perfect time.
Speaker 1: That'd be just enough time for me to log back into these burner accounts and keep ripping you.
Speaker 3: And you shouldn't use those words though. I got a few others you can use. How many do you have?
Speaker 4: I got a list of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, do you actually have burner accounts?
Speaker 1: I don't, but a lot of these guys have inspired me to start one.
Speaker 5: Yeah. They're real creative, but I'll say I mean they made a lot of good points.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, what's this Venmo for? Core? Oh? Wow, Core? I need an e laminated pass and now I have one?
Speaker 1: All right, we'll do What Really Matters after this. Ben Lieber will join in a second. We'll talk more about the wild, more about the wolves, more about the Wolfs.
Speaker 3: What a weird forty eight hours with the wolves. I agree. Clarle Bolter is at it again.
Speaker 1: Apparently if you follow that story, that was an interesting story.
Speaker 3: More of the power till Morning Joe after this on the van.
Speaker 8: The radio home Minnesota Sports is also on YouTube. Check out the KFE and YouTube channel for exclusive videos in depth takes, initials and paths were games, along with behind the scenes contents or it's cafe and on YouTube and its subscribed today.
Speaker 1: That's what really matters, right, What Really Matters has brought you by Ovo Lazy and get to Lasik from doctor markloban Off in doctor David Whiting OVOI dot com. Thanks Ovo, thank you. The Wolfs are not selling the Vikings. According to sources, this comes after a weekend of weirdness, specifically on Pro Footballtalk dot com. I don't know if you followed this, Chris, but our guy Charlie Walters, Yeah, the Pioneer Press was like, Hey, anybody else think it's weird that the Vikings spent a whole bunch of money last year and didn't spend a whole bunch of money this year.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're maybe they're prime in this thing to sell.
Speaker 1: And everybody's like, well, last year they had a bunch of cap space and this year they had less.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Some of the ways that Mike Florio on Profootballtalk dot Com addressed the situation, he was like, Charlie Walters is the Pioneer Press, citing no evidence, speculated that like, I mean, Florio didn't didn't present it in the this possible way. But yeah, the Wolves have basically said there's zero truth to this, but they're not looking to sell.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: They what do you think they'd make? What did they buy it for? Give six hundred million? No, yes, so they'd make six hundred million. Well, the Seahawks again are projected to go between nine and eleven billion dollars. So, by the way, the other thing that I thought was super interesting and I never thought of it like this, here's the line from ProFootball talk dot com.
Speaker 3: I think this is super interesting. Even if the Wolfs, although they're not.
Speaker 1: Even if the Wolves are any other current owner, we're contemplating cashing out, the league would likely encourage them to wait until after the Seahawks are sold. Rarely, if ever, are two teams for sale simultaneously. It's better for the NFL to only have one team available at a time and to not minimize the availab ability of the franchises. That preserves the rarity of the assets, pushing the number higher and higher. As Mike goes on to say, there's only thirty two NFL teams. So his point is, let's say the Seahawks and the Vikings were both available, Well, then you could kind of maybe play hardball a little bit and be like, well, if you're not going to sell for eight and a half billion, then maybe I'll see if I can buy the Vikings for eight and a half billion.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: You could try to low ball the Seahawks a little bit back and forth. But they're saying, if only one's up for grabs, there's no then every billionaire on the planet comes out of the woodwork and chases that one.
Speaker 3: Team, and then they get into a bidding war.
Speaker 1: So they're saying, even if the Wolfs actually didn't.
Speaker 3: Want to sell, this would.
Speaker 1: Not be the time until after the Seahawks sell that makes a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: A ton of sense. Yeah, then, guys, I guess the Wilfs.
Speaker 1: Are not selling. I wouldn't think so. I wouldn't think so either.
Speaker 4: No, no, but you never know.
Speaker 3: Yeah I was.
Speaker 9: I was a little shocked to see that headline. Now I did not I did not read the article because.
Speaker 3: Of the paywall. Paywall? When are they going to understand that I don't know, I don't know, I don't pay for it.
Speaker 9: I am Yeah, you would think that after all these years and everybody's saying the same thing, and the lack of clicks that you get because people will realize, oh, this is a paywall, and I want to pay for this.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I saw the headline.
Speaker 9: I just used the old X machine to get all the other details and I'm like, this doesn't make sense, Like nothing about this smells right. And then I'm sure you guys just talked about this on my way up. But Alec Lewis, who is very connected, said that he spoke with representatives of the actual team I think and ownership and said, no, no, they're not selling. Nothing about this is real. Yeah, let's move along, see if we can beat the abs. Okay, A long way to go there too.
Speaker 3: What really matters? Go ahead.
Speaker 5: Charlie Walter said that he does believe that the pole Ads are interested in buying the Vikings. A little birdie, what do you think.
Speaker 7: That would get that Vikings tattoo? He would dig that out of his arm if that were the case, if the pole Heads bought the Vikings. I don't think they have the cash too anyway. No, I don't believe they do, so they do not. But what really matters is this man.
Speaker 5: I've never heard this word in my life. I'm writing it down. I love it. Have you guys ever heard of orphaned negatives?
Speaker 3: Orphaned negatives? Yeah? No, not in that combination though.
Speaker 5: Words like disgruntled, non chalant, and innocent, whose positive counterparts, which are gruntled, chalant, and nocent, have completely advantaged from common usage.
Speaker 1: I cannot believe you're bringing this up. I swear to you. My family was driving somewhere yesterday and my youngest kiddo, Harper, said that she was chalant, and the three of us looked it up because we're like, that's not a word.
Speaker 3: She's like, yeah it is. We're like no, no, no, no, no, are you a kidding nonchalant?
Speaker 4: How is that possible.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 1: I'm tripping out right now because we have this conversation less than twenty four hours ago, and we looked.
Speaker 3: It up and she was right.
Speaker 4: Did I just give away that you're have microphones all over you?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I told her, I go, that's insane, because I thought nonchalant was one of those words that was just a word that didn't have an opposite. It's incredible, and sure enough she was right. But then Bailey and Angie were arguing with Harper, were like, Okay, you're right, that's nuts. You right, But no one has ever used the word schalant.
Speaker 3: Nobody ever said.
Speaker 1: Because Harper described herself as chalant.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what are you talking about? You can't be chalant. That's funny show. But sure other people are nonchalant. I'm chalant. I'm like, no, you're not. That's not a word. She was right. I kind of like it.
Speaker 5: That's a great word, a word, and I'm going to tell you I'm feeling gruntled and no sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, no, no that one. Imagine how much it tripped me out, though. When a kid goes like, no, I'm totally chalant. Who says that that's not a word. She's nuts and oh man, did she do a victory lap when she looked it up?
Speaker 3: And she was right, my.
Speaker 1: Gosh, because all three of us are like, leave this to the adults. Oh, she she did a real solid victory laps in the back. So she said where she heard that was reading online? Well, it's no, it's apparently kids online use that as like, you know, internet vernacular. That'd be like, I'm so chalant. I'm like, what, yeah, I'm interested, I'm engaged. So anyway, I did not know that.
Speaker 3: But it's called an orphan negative.
Speaker 1: Orphaned negative when the opposite essentially has disappeared from common use.
Speaker 5: I've never heard anybody use the word gruntled. No, no, And I've never heard anybody use the word nocent.
Speaker 10: Are there other examples? Do you have more than just the three? It was the only three orphan negatives? Let me find I'm sure there's more. Gusting, gusting, Yeah, disgusting? Oh what agustine would be positive? That's that's gustine.
Speaker 1: Still sounds negative, doesn't it, Like, yeah, that's that's gusting.
Speaker 3: That's how about how about this one? On Google? Uh? Shoveled like disheveled sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what about cognito as opposed to incognito?
Speaker 3: Well, you mean your your webic out come on. These aren't words.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at this.
Speaker 4: Because there's a bunch of them.
Speaker 3: This is not about really from unruly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and wieldy from unwieldy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is great.
Speaker 4: And kempt from unkempt.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think I've heard that one used. What about No, you're you're thinking of Kemp's ice cream, You're.
Speaker 7: Thinking of camp Switch, But like, your beard is very kemped, Like people always say that when people's beard.
Speaker 4: That he's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sorry, Linda Richmond, Yeah, Paul, Linda Richmond.
Speaker 9: Well, I don't like the fact that I can't believe it just called you Paul either, I'd never call you Paul. I don't like you. Or in a stocking cap. He's really a bizarre Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: It looks good.
Speaker 9: I actually like that. But it looks good to you? Thanks, really does? It's flattering? It's me It is a here's the thing. It's the size of a big top tent.
Speaker 3: Everybody relaxed, Okay, take a deep breath. Stop being gruntled at me.
Speaker 4: You're kempt.
Speaker 7: All my hats, and all my shaving stuff that I shave my head with is all packed.
Speaker 4: Did you keep tearing out of boxes?
Speaker 7: It looks not a very good packer. Then it looks terrible the top of my head. So I have to wear a hat. And this is the only hat sit in my car.
Speaker 1: So if you if you lifted off that hat right now, would it be disheveled or shoveled? It would be uh, dissheveled, messy or untidy. That's currently the one that you have looked up on Google. I just have an example of orphaned negatives. Yes, you know, for irritating.
Speaker 3: No, that's me and you want my parents dead? No, just to abandon you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they yeah, you're you're a negative. They orphan.
Speaker 7: How great is it when Super David starts telling Larry about how he's an orphan now and Larry's eating an ice?
Speaker 3: It's such a great scene.
Speaker 5: I forgot about that man, you're an adult about this man? Instead of irritate, it's retate.
Speaker 3: Whoa easy?
Speaker 1: I don't you can see why a lot of these words fell off. It just doesn't sound natural, but maybe it's just in hindsight. Yeah, I get called that a lot yeah, a lot of or negatives Twitter thread.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get called out man, Well, they were mad.
Speaker 1: He said to go to bed, said he was going to bed because the game was over, and Twitter did not care for it. I need to reach man. Oh they're mean you like slurs? Yeah, feel free to scroll.
Speaker 5: I'll say this. I went to bed too, and nobody seemed to care. Yeah, that's because I didn't make it.
Speaker 3: You you don't crave attention as much as I. The game before ours was also interesting.
Speaker 1: Montreal won two to one over Tampa Bay in Game seven, so they move on. Here's some crazy stats though, from the Canadians Lightning series. In game every game in the series, according to the ESPN, went to U or sorry. It was decided by one goal four winter overtime, So a tight series the whole way. Montreal zero shots on goal in the second period nine for the game. That is the fewest in NHL history for a playoff win in a game seven nine shots on goal and they win a game seven.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 8: Many many people pointed out they had nine shots on goal. Colorado had nine goals the snight. Geez, in the same sport.
Speaker 3: That's greasy.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, how about the game we had we had what over seventy five shots on goal between the two teams.
Speaker 3: Sounds right, yeah, something like that, something like that. Damn all right?
Speaker 1: More of what really matters, More of Wild Avs discussion, Wolve Spurs discussion, and more with Ben Leber, the rest of the power, Jim.
Speaker 3: Wanting, you have put us on the thing.
Speaker 8: Get ready for great women's soccer and Minnesota Aurora returns for their home opener on May twenty first at seven o'clock at Tco Stadium and Egan Tickets for all games are on sale now at Manaurora dot com. You can send them to win tickets to their home opener right now on the contest pitch at cafe and dot com.
Speaker 5: That's right, six forty five Patrick More You Ben Levers here after a fantastic weekend which Ben saw things he never thought his eyes would never unrare.
Speaker 3: I could not believe it.
Speaker 4: Too bad.
Speaker 5: We can't tell you about him on the air, but incredible thing. I didn't believe they existed either, Ben, but they do.
Speaker 3: The class once in a lifetime.
Speaker 4: He's not gonna be up.
Speaker 3: I don't think that.
Speaker 9: I don't words came and describe what I saw make up words. I was so uh combobulated.
Speaker 1: Perfect irregardless of what you show, you were shoveled.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did you prepone anything as opposed to postponing it?
Speaker 3: I just phoned it.
Speaker 1: Oh well sometimes if you prepone, yeah, sometimes it works sometimes.
Speaker 3: The lava cake bit, that was the funniest one. That's unbelievable a long time.
Speaker 4: That's one of the funniest ones I've seen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they I thought Olivia Rodrigo was solid.
Speaker 9: I thought she was good. I thought some of the bits were just dumb and not funny.
Speaker 1: But how about the falling down the stairs sketch?
Speaker 3: What was that about? Did you see how they pulled that off? Though?
Speaker 1: I was more impressed if they were that creative.
Speaker 9: With the was it like a treadmill and they just like moved the stairs or how did they.
Speaker 1: Do If you follow SNL on social media, they posted a couple behind the scenes shots of how they had those stairs like on a roller and so it wasn't a green screen, it was an actual live shot and in real time.
Speaker 3: I'm like, how are they doing this?
Speaker 1: Because it looked like they were falling down the stairs so awkwardly and oddly, which was the joke, right, It was an unrealistic way to fall downstairs check out. We won't waste more time talking about it now, but if you're interested, watch the behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: What a creative way to pull that off. So I was more impressed with that than the actual sketch.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the the cake that looked like you know what was unbelievable in that little shop TV sketch.
Speaker 3: It was a true tar star hilarious, true.
Speaker 1: Tar star button bar when the guy hands them the toilet paper and not come on, man, why would I are you using your pinky?
Speaker 3: It just I felt immediately that's kind of it was fun. Great bit, great bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah man, all right, that's what it really meant, right, all.
Speaker 1: Right, more of what really matters of scores and stats around the world of sports. Christmas, change your life for something else. I already did once, you really did.
Speaker 4: You guys are gainly now as opposed to being on gainly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sascat called gainle on I last a lot.
Speaker 4: That's because he's an orphan negative.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Twins one four to three over the Blue Jays.
Speaker 3: They nearly blew it.
Speaker 1: They led four rip blue Jays score three, but they hold on and win they split the series two games apiece. Joe Ryans struck out a guy and then walked one and then left with elbow soreness.
Speaker 3: It's not good whoopsies.
Speaker 7: Because uh I think I read yesterday that his velocity the last couple of starts has been down a tad.
Speaker 3: This is not a good sign.
Speaker 1: Twins are now fifteen and twenty. They're off today, they are at the Nationals tomorrow.
Speaker 3: What matters, though, is this.
Speaker 5: There's an elephant named en Zoo in Zimbabwe at a reserve who's decided she's not an elephant. She's a buffalo, and she's led a buffalo herd for a very long time and killed many other male buffaloes who've tried to take over her leadership.
Speaker 3: My god, wow, Well she doesn't have a mirror.
Speaker 4: Yeah no, no, she just thinks she's much taller.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, so say that again. She's a what and.
Speaker 5: She's a She's an elephant and she is joined a herd of buffaloes and has taken over leadership. She shuns other elephants when they come near, Like, what are you talking about? No, I'm not an elephant.
Speaker 1: You know what's interesting is let's say she was orphaned, not an orphaned in negative.
Speaker 3: Let's say at some point she was an orphan.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, like the ugly duckling.
Speaker 3: Sure, yeah, well said.
Speaker 1: And if she joined the herd of buffalo when she was around the same size of the buffaloes before she grew.
Speaker 3: Right, right, maybe she was just like, this is that is what I am. I guess this is what I am.
Speaker 1: And then you know, a couple of years later, she's like two or three times their size, and she's like, I'm much bigger than my brothers and my sisters. Now I should be their leader. And now she has killed male buffalo to challenge her leadership.
Speaker 3: Do you think I love its buffalo?
Speaker 4: She probably does. Yeah, only she went when she hits as a jackpot.
Speaker 1: It would be a good bit having an elephant play slot machines with their trunk.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes me want to go to Vegas.
Speaker 5: I saw one dough with his arm once he got mad and needed one hundred dollars. His brother had to call me.
Speaker 9: Haven't we kind of seen this before in the movie Ice Age where she was raised by those possums.
Speaker 3: A good call.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and she actually thought that she could hang out with she No, she learned to hang upside down with her little tiny tail.
Speaker 3: Love it? Yep?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ice Age, I think I only saw the first one.
Speaker 4: Has Ray Romano.
Speaker 3: Ray Ramana is the Russian version. Oh, I don't think I've.
Speaker 4: Seen from from My New.
Speaker 1: Blue Dogs. Not watching Ice Age, huh No, still watching.
Speaker 4: It's a good man that that little rat or whatever he is is funny.
Speaker 7: He likes Mario. You've already got him on the Dahmer Docks or what. Yeah, he loves the Ted Bundy one. He loves the one where you hear John Wayne Gacy describe how he killed everybody.
Speaker 3: He's really into that. Interesting.
Speaker 7: Now there's a Peacock documentary where they about it.
Speaker 3: Kids not watching Sesame Street.
Speaker 1: So he's not gonna be able to do the ABC's, but he's sure is hell going to break down every Bundy murder by the time he's like four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'll be an encyclopedia of murder.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's going to be a reason that he's talking to somebody at some point, somebody and going I don't know, I just love serial killers.
Speaker 4: I always have. I don't know why.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not going to have serial killer tendencies.
Speaker 3: He's just going to be an encyclopedia.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and my dad had join us, but he hits the weight limit on the elevator, so we can't come up to the second floor. He's out in the back of my pickup getting those down.
Speaker 1: He's not going to know his letters because he's not watching Sesame Street, but he's gonna be able to solve the puzzles that the Zodiac Killers sent because he's seen the movie so many times.
Speaker 4: What does he call everybody by all three of their names?
Speaker 1: Mark, Jeffrey Lambert, Can you get me my bottle?
Speaker 5: Yep, Marnie Jeffrey Marney, MJ. By the way, you want to give score because I got a movie review?
Speaker 3: Sure? Ooh.
Speaker 1: Golden Tempo won the Kentucky Derby at twenty three to one, coming from absolutely out of nowhere. First female trainer to ever win the Kentucky Derby. Something called Cherry Devout.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, go with that.
Speaker 3: That was cool.
Speaker 5: At first, I was very confused because I thought she was the jockey, and then I thought she was the owner, and then they said she was tray.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Golden Tempo passed Morning Line favorite Renegade right before the wire the top of the stretch. Was thirteenth and had twelve horses left to pass. Yeah, and I think at one point it was like second to last overall, but during the top of the stretch was still in thirteenth place. I mentioned this earlier, but the third place horse, o'celly maybe oh C E L L I o'celly probably that seventy to one to finish, you know, to win, excuse me, but to show was thirty six dollars.
Speaker 3: Just to show. That's nut.
Speaker 1: That's incredible, great white late scratch on the track after.
Speaker 3: Flipping and throwing his jockey.
Speaker 1: Both the horse and the jockey are reportedly fine, but obviously a late scratch there. And the puma didn't even run. No, what a buzzkill? Yeah, sorry, some kind of infection or something. Who knows. I get the puma out there.
Speaker 3: So what was the winners odds to win? Twenty three to one? Good payday? Yeah, yeah, man. But what really matters is this.
Speaker 5: Documentary on Hulu. Greg Armstrong, the leader of the five of Summer Dillo, sends me a text on Friday and he says, just watch this show. And we're music freaks, so I figured it was a music documentary. It was not are you guys familiar with Skyking?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, okay, I can't believe what these eyes saw, and I can't believe I'd never heard this story.
Speaker 4: I had a ghost of a memory of it.
Speaker 5: In twenty eighteen, a gentleman by the name of Richard Russell, twenty eight year old, who worked at Horizon Air, a smaller airline, as a ground agent, one of the guys who moves this stuff around and guides them in with the little lighters and stuff like that. You know, stole a plane, not a private plane, a passenger jet, a Bombardier Q four hundred one that flies I don't know, like one hundred and forty passengers, a biggin stole it and just took off and flew around Seattle, Tacoma.
Speaker 3: That's a huge bitch.
Speaker 5: This documentary didn't end well. By the way, this documentary is fascinating because because they have the audio between he and the ground what do you call him, the air traffic control. He's talking to them, so you hear the whole thing. But not only are you hearing the whole thing, you're watching video of the actual flight and then some reenactments, but you're also watching his family and friends. Hear the audio for the first time. It's unlike anything I've ever seen. I can't believe I'd never heard about this before. I can't believe somebody could learn how to fly a passenger jet by watching YouTube videos.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, and.
Speaker 5: What he does in the plane I don't want to ruin for you is unbelievable. Watch this documentary. It's it's I mean, it's not uplifting, but it's fascinating. It's called Skyking. It's on Hulu.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 11: Wow, Yeah, we we one talked to about I'm sure we did. But I should have been a huge deal. Should But I mean, I'm sure it was for other folks.
Speaker 7: It's anytime you see like a documentary that then is like news footage and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, how did we?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: How did how was that not a bigger deal? Right?
Speaker 7: Like there's so many stories that just passed by and you're like, maybe I'll remember that when it's a documentary.
Speaker 3: Then you never do.
Speaker 9: All Right, this sounds really this is gonna sound really kind of ridiculous and silly. But think about I don't know how you guys could feel about this. This guy watched YouTube videos and stole a plane, Like a real plane. Yeah, so you have to understand how to start it up, get it going taxi on the runway, take off.
Speaker 3: Land, whatever. Right.
Speaker 9: I wouldn't be able to trust myself if I jumped on a high performance motorcycle, right, Like think about that? Yeah, yeah, so that is that is something that is actually more familiar than just an airplane. Sure, and I wouldn't trust myself to throttle that thing full speed.
Speaker 1: Do you ever watch a YouTube video because you're not sure how to reach the oil change thing on your car and you feel like an absolute eddit? You're like, where is this button? I'm watching the video?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to go through all the menus items and whatever I.
Speaker 1: Do, I reset this stupid thing and that's irrelevant. Yeah, Ben, you make a great point.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Again, I'm not saying it's up uplifting and it done end well, but my goodness, it's a fascinating documentary.
Speaker 1: I felt the same way about the If anybody saw the Duncan Robinson story yesterday and Sports Center, man, that was a tough watch too.
Speaker 4: Two guys who played basketball.
Speaker 3: No, so Duncan Robinson.
Speaker 1: It's mental Health Awareness Month or something so Sports Center's running stories. Yeah, and I didn't know this story at all. But Duncan Robinson from the is he the where's he playing out?
Speaker 3: Pistons? Where's he playing now? Yeah? Pistons? Yeah, sorry, he plays you. It's his current team, Detroit Pistons. Okay, I wasn't sure where he currently played anyway.
Speaker 1: So it was his his brother and him growing up playing sports, and his brother and him idolizing each other, best friends, all this kind of stuff, and then his brother got into drugs. Super supportive of Duncan's college and then eventual pro career, but then dealt with voices in his head.
Speaker 3: And I'm watching this going on Sports Center. They're gonna it's gonna be a happy ending.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I naively thought.
Speaker 1: I'm like, they're gonna show how this thing got turned around.
Speaker 3: It doesn't end.
Speaker 1: Well either, and you're like, Jesus is a buzzkill on a Sunday. But I guess that's the point, right is it's Mental Health Awareness Month. It's not mental health you know, fairy Tale month. It's some heavy stuff. And man, it was that was a rough watch. Wow, it was a rough fifteen minutes. Yeah, I don't even want to get into it. It's so depressing.
Speaker 4: We'll take care of each other.
Speaker 9: Man, Yeah, yeah, can we circle back to something?
Speaker 3: Sure, you guys ever heard the word gormless?
Speaker 9: No, gormless, no, warmless, gormless. It's one of those words that we're talking about with the orphan negatives. Okay, okay. Gormless is a British informal adjective mean stupid doll slow to understand their lacking intelligence.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna start using it, you know what I mean. So if you're why did you bring that word up? So if you're gormy though, If you're gorm that means you're smart. Is that right? And I understand that correct?
Speaker 10: To have gorm lessm yeah, to have gorm means that you are intelligent.
Speaker 1: You get some gorm That sounds like something again Tommy Olsen slang right, Yeah, man.
Speaker 3: He's got me and gorm and John what sounds like sauce? Yeah, Tommy's watching. Tommy would say gormy.
Speaker 10: Yeah, gormy, g kevin, gorm, gore, g g money.
Speaker 3: G less, gormless.
Speaker 4: Don't you stand there looking gormless?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I always look gormless and homeless. I don't look homeless, right, how you.
Speaker 1: Kind of do with the stocking cap in May?
Speaker 3: Kind of May fourth? Y the fourth be with you? Thanks in sync?
Speaker 4: Then'll be garmless.
Speaker 7: I'm not gormless. I am gormless. You're confused. Yeah, so I'm gormless, right you tell us? Yeah, I'm gormless. You're going, yeahks gorm ZECHOSM, I'm gormless.
Speaker 4: You're not being sensical?
Speaker 3: How about inscrutable? M? Yeah? Fire away.
Speaker 9: I mean at some point in our lives, we're all going to be inscrutable, right, Yeah, you would.
Speaker 3: Think I would think. It sounds like we're all headed that way. Ye, scrutable. I don't want to be scrutable, do I do? I want to be scrutable?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't even look it up with it, but I don't know. I think I'd rather just be gormless. Yeah. No, you'd rather be gorm no gormless and be scrutable. Yeah, I don't care gorm in the eighties, all right.
Speaker 1: The Wild lost yesterday to the Avalanche nine to six.
Speaker 3: It was actually a back and forth game. As crazy as that sounds. Wild took a five to four lead.
Speaker 1: But it ends up going the wrong way nine to six in Game one in Colorado. We'll talk more about that later, but the news when we come back. More of the Power to Morning Show with Ben Leeber after this on the Van Listen