Speaker 1: You got a friend in me?
Speaker 2: Do you think he took her last name?
Speaker 1: Will there be an awesome Powers four?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Baby, yeah, more movie collectible nonsense, all of that and so much more here on news Doom. Hello, Hey, how are you? I don't know how to start these anymore?
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, you shoot your nickname for me for nothing? You have nothing at the moment.
Speaker 2: Smoke Eater, I thought we decided on smoke Eater. All right, what was it, Chili Jake? Is that we.
Speaker 1: Decided salty Jake?
Speaker 2: Salty Jake? He salting up the state.
Speaker 1: I hate everything about it? You hate everything about it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well, hey, Mac, you know people don't hate over at the box office. This upcoming weekend, Toy Story five is now. It does have the lowest Roddy t score of the Toy Story franchise at ninety four percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah from the critics.
Speaker 2: From the critics, But it is set to earn anywhere from one hundred and forty five to one one hundred and fifty million domestic. That would be the highest opening domestic box office on the year, but some are forecasting it around one hundred and seventy five.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, I'm honestly obviously we grew up with the Toy Story movies. Have your feelings on three and four. As you may, it's still profitable. It's still possibly the greatest, uh what's the word movie series of all time. I just am a little surprised that there's this much juice behind it.
Speaker 2: I kind of agree, but I feel like the juice is more with the parents. And maybe I'm just judging this off of my own kid, who's like, he's excited to see it. We're going to see it on Friday night. But I think it's more of the parents who grew up with it, who are just excited to Maybe this is a parent's first time taking their kid to a Toy Story, but I am fully prepared to ball my eyes out.
Speaker 1: I mean, you loved three, liked four, borderline hated three, loved four, So I'm intrigued as to how you and I feel about this.
Speaker 2: I have a bad feeling about this. I feel like Bonnie is at some point gonna be bullied in the movie because of her online presence, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle that.
Speaker 1: I think that the tablet and the technology is gonna make or lead to Bonnie bullying someone else. That's that's what I think is gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I think by the end of the movie, a person from the future is gonna come back in time to tell Bonnie that we need to destroy this tablet because the world is gonna end. Any other cool ideas.
Speaker 1: She's played by Sadie sinc No, that's all I got. That's all I got.
Speaker 2: News damp by the way at the box office once again obsession. I don't think it's gonna do for a fit straight week out grossing their opening week. But it might.
Speaker 1: It may, it very well might.
Speaker 2: Is that it four straight weeks?
Speaker 1: I think once again it has to make seventeen points something to be opening weekend. It has now surpassed the Blair Witch Project at the worldwide box office, officially becoming the highest grossing film.
Speaker 2: Ever, officially becoming the greatest movie of all.
Speaker 1: Time released on a production budget under one million dollars, so it now has that title. There's also been some talk and some chatter and some movement in Hollywood to get Indie Navarate nominated at the Oscars next this upcoming cycle, and I think it's worth it.
Speaker 2: I think she's good enough to merit a nomination news Depp. Off the back of that, let's jump down to this one. Hollywood agencies are now scouring Reddit for short stories and ideas that could be turned into movies following the success of back Rooms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean you, all you would really have to do is go to like the interns or go to the college that are already on those sites and already aware of those things. And that's sort of like back Rooms I was aware of and I don't even scour read it that much anymore. So you just have these old hats that are so out of touch, and now you have these two sort of out of nowhere types of horror movies be so successful that you are now like we saw a paranormal activity in the late two thousands ago, you are now going to have so many copycat type.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, And we're in for the next two or three years of probably a lot of bullshit. But what are you gonna do.
Speaker 2: What if they decide to like, let's listen through some other online content and then out of nowhere in three years. There is a story about someone who buys two pairs of shoes that are one size too big, and then someone else who buys a pair of shoes one size too small with his toe sticking out. I think that would be our most profitable idea from the show, right.
Speaker 1: Do you think that those could be cobbled to be too perfectly sized shoes? So you say, if you have one size too big one size too small, could a cobber take those shoes and make them both perfectly sized?
Speaker 2: I think depends on the kind of shoe. Chucks would be easy. You can use paper scissors to cut those up.
Speaker 1: The zigzag ones, Yeah, just do.
Speaker 2: A little zigzag crimp. You can do the crimp cut and then do that. I thought you were talking about getting one shoe that's one size too big and one shoe too small.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then combining the two shoes to make two perfectly sized shoes.
Speaker 2: Can I explain shoes to you? No, you have a shoe that goes on the right foot and a shoe that goes on the left foot.
Speaker 1: Two sets of shoes.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, oh, two sets. I thought you meant like, yeah, just two shoes and then make and one. Sorry when the two shoes become one, I need one shoe. News damp.
Speaker 1: My guy never needed chew before.
Speaker 2: Congratulations to Tom Hollin and Zendia they have confirmed or he has confirmed to Esquire that they are married.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought they were already married.
Speaker 2: No, no, there was It was a hoax.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, it.
Speaker 2: Was a hoax. It was a hoaxes right, But he has confirmed it all right. Do you think he took her last name so now he's just Tom? What do you think sells better just being named Tom or Tom Zendeia.
Speaker 1: I forget what Zundaya's last name is, but it'd be really funny if they.
Speaker 2: I want to say Wilkerson, but that also might just.
Speaker 1: Be Kendra from The Girl's next Door.
Speaker 2: I always think back to The Girl's next Door. I feel like that was Malcolm's last name in Malcolm in the Middle.
Speaker 1: You're not even close.
Speaker 2: Don't don't tell me.
Speaker 1: I'll give you one more guess.
Speaker 2: Thompson Coleman. Okay, I wasn't close at all. Actually, no, you weren't. But congrats to the two kids who are almost our age.
Speaker 1: Actually and both in the two of the three biggest movies this year.
Speaker 2: Dam speaking in one of those movies, we got the final trailer leading up to the release of Spider Man Brand New Day. We get to see a little more interaction with the Ruffalo and also Dave Rocks. Oh. We also find out that Hulk is no longer controllable again, and we're back to square run square one with the Hulk being a rampaging psychopath.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure how much he's not in control. I might just be Ruffalo being real mad, Banner getting real mad. Could be wrong about that. Of course, I'm very intrigued by this trailer, Goo, because it shows Peter Spider Man with the black eye, and I'm curious to what is that indicating? Is that the mutation could be?
Speaker 2: You think you think he's on the smack.
Speaker 1: Heroin makes sure your pupil's pinpoint, by the way, not large.
Speaker 2: You are the dare expert here, which drug would make your pupils very large?
Speaker 1: I'm not sure?
Speaker 2: Oh, do you think he bought those westbo Orland contacts?
Speaker 1: Possibly he made that.
Speaker 2: It could be what if this is an origin story for Limp Biscuit.
Speaker 1: In this we get a real full look at some sort of psychic thing going on here, and the Internet is torn here, Goo, because I would say about seventy five percent of movie critics YouTubers people that are anticipating this movie, are expecting Sadie Sink to be Jane Gray. Yes, I'd say another.
Speaker 2: Has red hair. The character has red hair.
Speaker 1: I'd say another twenty percent are protecting her to be Rachel Summers. And then I'd say about five percent thinks she's Typhoid Mary. Now, as to what is actually.
Speaker 2: Occurring in this song in the sixties.
Speaker 1: As to what is actually came around, it was ty Ford Mary. As to what's occurring in the plot of this movie, the Internet seems to think that the Jackal, which is like a somewhat known Spider Man villain, is at play hair and could be sort of framing Jean Gray or the Cadi Sink character.
Speaker 2: I am buying into that theory. Of in the movie, we're under the assumption that she is mind controlling people, but in fact someone else is to make mutants look bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think that's probably probably the case. It also seems to look like John Burenthalp's Punisher is probably protecting the Sadie Sink character.
Speaker 2: It looks like he is gonna protect Zendaya. I don't know, Peter brings her to the bunker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean sure, Yes, I'm really intrigued because I also think a lot of what we've seen in the trailer is gonna happen in the first twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: What do you think the Punisher's doormat says outside of the door?
Speaker 1: Just fuck four letters?
Speaker 2: What's the one? It just is like, welcome to my mess? Sure, he goes to home goods. Often he has little signs on the wall live laugh, repeat, it's five o'clock.
Speaker 1: Somewhere, shoot, stab kill his.
Speaker 2: The very odd eclectic taste and home decor no swears no, also get so we see the Hulk he does the cool clap that's dope. We also see that he's fallen from a building covered in webs and also bringing most of the building down with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, And once again, I think that and most of the scorpion stuff we see is going to occur in the first probably forty five minutes of the movie. Maybe Hulk stuff a little later. I think the scorpion stuff will be here.
Speaker 2: Oh but who's playing the scorpion?
Speaker 1: Uh? Nacho's Nacho Michael Michael. Something.
Speaker 2: Does blue meth do anything to your pupils?
Speaker 1: Good point, good point. It may it may dilate them, it may not. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know drugs. For someone who has won so many shirts at DAREK questionnaires, I know nothing about drugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not a big drug guy myself.
Speaker 2: All I know is don't do them. Yeah right, they're bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're fighting war against them.
Speaker 2: Even though wasn't their research done that DARE made more people do drugs.
Speaker 1: DARE in the war against drugs did not help the fight against drucks.
Speaker 2: My fear was always that my brain would turn into a Frida egg.
Speaker 1: It came out that DARE was like a big Ponzi scheme. Essentially, No, and the whole war and drugs also coincided with, if you'd like to believe some of the released documents out there, the government putting drugs in the inner city.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like where this podcast is going. I like what's happening here. There's don't the Russo brothers, when it comes to an Avenger's Infinity War, they debated killing off iron Man, saying what did they see? We thought they're not expecting it, This could be the best place to possibly do it. Then we went, fuck it, let's just do it in the next movie.
Speaker 1: Fuck it, we won't do it live. They couldn't have done it better than the way they did it.
Speaker 2: They could not, to be fair, though, that would have been quite the swing if they killed him on Titan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but anyone you killed in the first movie, it would have meant a lot less, obviously, because we saw how that all came to be, so killing him the second movie was much better and a greater legacy for the character.
Speaker 2: I also read it might have been on THHR it said Avengers Doomsday is great. Just ask Joe Russo. So. I don't know if they're if they're insulting him, or if he gave them some kind of an exclusive or I'm not sure. News Dumb got the first trailer for Disney's new animated film Hext. I did not watch the trailer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks kind of like a sort of lazily cut and paced, like Yeah, there's a lot of kids that don't like this. I don't know if any adults are gonna love it. It feels a little lazy. The colors look nice, you know, anytime you mess around with magical abilities in like a magic new realm, that's kind of fun. But I don't know if anyone is gonna absolutely love this movie.
Speaker 2: It's done. The movie. People are gonna love mac. What's that first full trailer for Shrek five?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Did you fight?
Speaker 2: It?
Speaker 1: Weird that not one word was uttered from the two Shrek children.
Speaker 2: The Shrek boys. Yeah, the Shrek Boys were just there. Shrek Boys almost like they is that the name of this podcast?
Speaker 1: Now? It's like they got eighty percent through the movie and you're like, you know, let's toss some Shrek kids in there.
Speaker 2: So those kids are the ones from the previous Shrek movies. I feel like they just don't know who's gonna voice them yet. It's Marcello Fro, Marcello Hernandez. Yeah, and I forget the other one. Yes, because you know Shrek and Fiona famously Latin children. They have Zendeia as as their daughter. I saw that they fixed the eye color. I believe in her character to make it match from the previous movies. Lots of Eddie Murphy here. People love Donkey Donkey. That wasn't good. I want to take that back. I want to do that again sometime maybe later. I'm seeing people once again complaining about the animation. Get out of my Swamp.
Speaker 1: I'm still not sure. I've seen Strek four. I don't know if I've seen it.
Speaker 2: Sexy John Hamshrek is in that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't remember.
Speaker 2: Just go and watch Shrek four. Shrek three is not that good.
Speaker 1: You Know.
Speaker 2: What I do love is that so many up and coming movie stars pop stars, when they're asked by letterbox d for their favorite movie of all time, in the top four of a lot of them, Shrek two.
Speaker 1: Shrek two, great sequel, better than the original.
Speaker 2: You're not going to get an argument out of me, sabraina carpenter Andy Nevarate.
Speaker 1: Oh, I thought you were naming people in the movie. I'm like, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's no no, but they might pop up. There's still time to change in the production.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Mike Myers, news damp hot off the back of a Verizon commercial where Doctor Evil was reprised and brought into this century trying to sell us a new phone company. It was a silly commercial. Scott Evil was there? Number two was there? Kind of? It was Rob Low not Robert Wagner and Frau Phobitioner was there, Fred Brishner, Frau Fabrishner was there? Yeah, Yeah, great commercial on the Trevor Noah Soccer Fun Time Happy Hour.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mike Myers was on there and he was asked, would we ever get an Austin Powers for And while I wish that, Mike Myers answered with a yeah, baby, he has said yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. First of all, the makeup on Doctor Evil does not look great.
Speaker 2: No, and the voice was off at the beginning of the commercial. Somehow, by the middle of it he found it. I don't know why. When they found it, they said, let's go back to the top and do it again with the proper voice.
Speaker 1: You know what you love more than most people will do is gold member. You know what you'll.
Speaker 2: You're the biggest gold member person around here. You love God.
Speaker 1: Uh. You know what no one wants Austin Powers for.
Speaker 2: I do want Austin Powers for, because yes I do. Because it's it's not gonna care what the what the woke media thinks about it. It's gonna just I had the same nineties humor to it, which I will say might have an issue. And that might be an issue when Shrek as a matter of fact, because uh, the the gingerbread putting little gum drops on its ass and I was like, I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 1: Terrible moment.
Speaker 2: There's a couple of jokes in the Shrek trailer that I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: That Troup Gingerbread joke nearly killed the whole movie for me, and I haven't seen it, Like, like, what what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm concerned. I'm concerned for Shrek five. I'm wonna be honest with you. I'm looking forward. I'm concerned for Shrek five. I'm concerned for the unreleased, unwritten Austin Powers for movie. I'm gonna see it. I'm gonna love it, but I'm concerned about it. Sure he was dumb, got some weird casting rumors, but it's from that fella. Who is it?
Speaker 1: I don't know that, I don't. I don't believe this for a second.
Speaker 2: Is the the in Schneider? Is that the guy's name?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he's wrong.
Speaker 2: Most he's wrong a lot with his scoops. So he is saying that people have gotten it all wrong. Sebastian stan is actually playing Victor Zaz who like that. That would be great, Don't get me wrong, but I he's in my head. He's Harvey Dent and Brian Tyree Henry is playing Harvey Dent.
Speaker 1: Based on everything else we know about the cast, I'd say there's a less than one percent chance of Brian Tyger.
Speaker 2: So you don't think Brian Tyree Henry's dad in the movie is an old British guy.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think he's gonna be playing Harvey Dent, like you said, though I could see Stanners Victor's zaz That works for me in my head, but there's there's no way Brian Tyrey Henry was playing Harvey Dent.
Speaker 2: I did see a great mashup of someone said, you guys are reading this all wrong. Sebastian stan and Brian Tyree Henry are two face and they put the two faces on the same bone. That would be amazing, that would be a choice. They're like, you know what, you guys thought one thing. This is something completely different. There's dat see this. You hear about this. We got the collectibles for the Supergirl movie. One of them is a beverage holder that looks like the Supergirl suit. And then also they're gonna claim the coat, the trench coat, the duster that she wears going over the shoulders. But correct me if I'm wrong. It looks like a circumcised penis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't look great. No, doesn't look great.
Speaker 2: And for the people out there, they're all saying, wait a second, how would you be able to circumcise Superman on Earth if he's on a planet with the red Son. James Gunn already responded, planet with the red Son, Yeah, you can do anything. Or if you're still on Krypton, you can circumcise.
Speaker 1: If you have a real sharp piece of kryptonite, you can cut the wiener.
Speaker 2: That's what the movie's actually about. Gets fucking weird. This is the worst piece of move of the movie. Sellable stuff that we've seen so far.
Speaker 1: I think, well, I don't know. You kind of went in on the Imax one for the Odyssey.
Speaker 2: This is a cup with loose coxskin on it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you could fuck this one more than you can fuck the artist.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can. Speaking of popcorn buckets, you can fuck news dump. For the Jackass movie, they are doing a life size we Man popcorn bucket.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen this. This is life size. Yeah, I think I gotta get it. I think I have to get it now.
Speaker 2: It's not very specific as to so like you open up the head and you can eat out of we Man's head? How deep does the crevasse go into the we man body? Right?
Speaker 1: How much popcorn getting here? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is it just the head or is it through the whole body?
Speaker 1: Am I getting one hundred dollars worth of popcorn?
Speaker 2: Also? Where do you put this? I guess anywhere right here? The talking Point?
Speaker 1: News?
Speaker 2: Do Mac? You wrote this one? Jurassic World Dominion is the most expensive movie of all time?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How about this? Recent filings revealed that the film cost six hundred and fifty eight point eight million dollars to make, which surpasses The Force Awakens by twenty million dollars To officially make Jurassic World Dominion the one that came out last year. Oh that was the last one.
Speaker 2: Okay, uh, now you too? Wait two Dominion?
Speaker 1: I think it was two years ago?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, sorry? I yes, Dominion is just the one that had the old cast and the new cast. Yeah, so you had to pay two casts?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And uh sure you've now you hold this title for being the most I don't know. It probably made a billion bucks, but if it cost that much to make with advertising, it probably maybe it broke even I don't know.
Speaker 2: But I also heard that the budget before they got all those locusts, it was only a one hundred million Their locust budget was ridiculous because when you got bugs in a movie about dinosaurs. I'm not sure of money in.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure I knew The Force Awakens was the most expensive movie to make.
Speaker 2: Ever, how much do you think his hat costs? Because he went back to save his hat when he could have easily been eaten by a dinosaur. That kind of answers that question because we're like, why would doctor Grant risk his life to save that hat? It's a six hundred million dollar hat.
Speaker 1: That was most of the budget.
Speaker 2: It was the budget. It was his hat. News dope, And then finally big news for Mac Grand Theft Auto's six Roman numerals. The pre order begins on June twenty fifth. That is a week away.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I never really played Grand Theft Auto five. It became super popular obviously, I mean it's been lasted thirteen years in between games. Now at this point, I'm not really looking forward to Grand Theft Auto six. I'm not. I don't really play like I'll play the super hero RPGs. I know, Grand Theft ought at this point is basically like a sim of life. I just I don't know. I'm not super looking forward to it. It should be here in the fall, I guess if pre orders are coming now, but I'll probably get it. I'll probably spend eighty dollars on it, but I don't know how much I'm gonna play it.
Speaker 2: I'm a simpleton. But my favorite one was Vice City.
Speaker 1: Vice City also my favorite.
Speaker 2: I loved Vice City, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: The customization in San Andreas was awesome, unlocking the island or the bridge in Vice City, getting to drive the boats Vice City was just the perfect intersection of that game.
Speaker 2: Is Depp check us out at the top of next week toy Story.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm gonna see it this weekend, but I'll do my best.
Speaker 2: If you don't, will this duo? What have you been watching lately? And then the end of next week Supergirl?
Speaker 1: MM? Are you going to that screening on Monday? Yes?
Speaker 2: I am, yeah, and I'm going to ask for a beautifully molded cup. News dep