Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacres terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe.
Speaker 2: Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: I don't crack.
Speaker 4: He's the under pressure.
Speaker 2: Un believable, every damn night.
Speaker 5: Unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Why why Boss Books book book can't do it? Selling small smile okay, okay.
Speaker 6: As a Southern American, you said something that got up underneath my skin.
Speaker 3: Accept our own thoughts. There is nothing absolutely in our power.
Speaker 7: Call me us Petros and Money NAM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Give away a pair of tickets right now if you want to go to the PBR at the Toyota Center. It is in Ontario this weekend. The bill Riders of the PBR caller ten right now eight six six nine eighty seventy. Wait eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. There we go eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy. I wanted to say that the PBR bucks back into Sopel this Friday and Saturday. If you want to buck back to the PBR at the Toyota Center and Ontario, call right now. Tickets are available at Ticketmaster. We got a bunch to give away today here on the Petros and Money Show. And if you are there Saturday. Tim Kates is intrigued and excited by the PBR's arrival to southern California, and he will be there. It is a show, trust the money that does not just sell you on the ideas of a good time. We like to have a good time with you.
Speaker 3: Nobody has a better time with the listeners than us.
Speaker 4: By the way, shout out to Mario, the VP of Marketing for the PBR, big listener to Great Sports Talk.
Speaker 3: We love you, Matt, I do. I think I wouldn't normally do this, but I think you want this. So a little clarification on the Textoso, since you brought it up in the very last.
Speaker 4: Second, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers, we make it easy, Petros.
Speaker 3: Here in Cincinnati we have the National Underground Railroad Freedom Center and Museum, and I can confirm in all of their exhibits it is never referred to as a freedom trained. I can appreciate, thank you, but I think I'll have to attend their next fundraiser and hobnob and get some traction and call it the freedom tree.
Speaker 7: You may be exiled for calling it the freedom train. And if you want to know what the freedom train is, what it was? It wasn't an actual train? Well ask David that actually it was an actual train in nineteen forty six travel the country, different purpose.
Speaker 2: One considering.
Speaker 3: Three thingsters.
Speaker 7: First thing P is part and parcel of my having to be in the car for a couple hours today making my way up to the bolt for the Jim Harbaugh Joe Ortiz Press five were as your questions the press. I think our friend Pop was the star. He certainly asked the most questions. There was another gentleman who asked probably two and a half minute questions that didn't seem to be questions, but statements that went nowhere and came with answers like, yeah, we we would like to win the Super Bowl now as well, Yes we would like to do that, but.
Speaker 3: We would also like to win.
Speaker 7: Yeah, like are you do you guys feel like you have the immediate need to win the Super Bowl right now? Through that was like the last five seconds of a two minute question. Yes, yes, we do. We do in Fackfield that way, I'm in the car and I got the radio, the sports talk radio on there, the Sirius XM sports talk radio, well the Colin Cowhard of course sports and that went to commercial. So when that happened, I popped over and I heard some folks digging in deep impassioned pick a side conversation surrounding the Ben Johnson Matt Lafleur post game handshake from Sunday Night Football. So we're talking four days ago.
Speaker 3: Two coaches talking a lot of ass.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Ben Johnson going into the locker room post game after the greatest, well, the largest deficit overcome in a playoff victory by the Bears, decades of dominance by the Packers, after decades of dominance the Bears into the late eighties, was supplanted by the Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Jordan Love, three decades of dominance, perhaps signaling an end, but a big victory over the Packers chock full of emotion, Ben Johnson if you missed it, rushes to midfield, shakes the hand of Matt Lafleur quickly while screaming, lets eff and go to a player of his that he coaches that was standing right next to him. And then in the postgame press, well the post game, addressed to the team that was micd up and filmed for their social media feed, said to his team f the Packers, Oh wow and team. So I was like, whatever topic on.
Speaker 3: The I remember there was a thing about Harbass screaming and yelling about the USC and how we owns USC rights Stan Stanford and somebody heard it through the door. It's like, who cares talk to your team? Leave people? Right? So I figured out, whatever, what do you think coaches say in real life? Like, what do you think it's football? These guys, it's not the United Nation.
Speaker 7: I think they're quoting Chaucer and freaking postgame locker room. Well maybe you would be if you were a head coach.
Speaker 3: But this reminds me, this loss that we've taken to Calu reminds me of the wife of Bath.
Speaker 7: But then I get home and obviously my phone is listening to me or something like that, because it doesn't make any other sense that this would show up. I don't listen to the Scott van Pelt podcast, but it shows up in my Twitter timeline. I'm like, oh, is this some old ass? And I'm like, no, it's from today. These guys are from last night, last night or today, I can't remember. These two guys are talking about it four days after the fact, and they're hot taking this thing as well.
Speaker 4: What Ben Johnson has effectively done is said, from this point moving forward me you, this is what we're doing. You hate us, we'll meet that. As long as you're there, we cannot beat you by enough. Ever you want to throw out civility and how you're going to act in a handshake for ten seconds, we can do that too, as long as you're there. And so to be screaming in Laflour's face as you're doing the blow by handshake, then screaming F you whatever else. All I'm saying is I, as a neutral observer, that's fly by me. But if I'm the Packers, Okay, buddy, You've won nothing in your life to be acting like this, But this is what you want to do, You got it?
Speaker 3: What else are they going to do? It's football? What else are they going to do to make it hard on him?
Speaker 7: Like, it's not like, can you imagine being in the atmosphere surrounded by sixty thousand fans that were staring at an eighteen point deficit? That thought once again? Here we are thirty years later and the Packers are still slapping us around. What a disaster and who cares about the season? And Caleb's developed whatever lost again to victory, knocking Jordan Love and the Packers out of the playoffs. People stay in for two hours after the game ended. He's freaking out. The whole city wants him to get him a double middle finger.
Speaker 3: An Johnson might be a bad guy. I don't know. He could be. You know, he could he could be a real blow hard coach or a hot dogger like Sirianni or that he certainly likes the camera and the mics and that's that's fine, But four days later, who can't It's right? Football? Like It always surprised me, Like, I call these coaches aren't like idiots, It's like, yeah, it's football, what do you they're coaches, They're they're crazy.
Speaker 2: That's two things.
Speaker 7: And then again, perhaps because our phones are always listening to us, I see a clip of your co workers, you're responsible for these guys on f S one doing a topic.
Speaker 3: Oh who, I'll give him a call. Was it Craig Carton?
Speaker 7: No, it was the right show, but it wasn't him. It was Greg jenny Is, the former Packer receiver and the host of the show, saying, hey, you know what Ben Johnson just did? Hey, you know what he just did over there? Put this puzzle together, Greg, Sean mcvayh and Matt Lafleur used to work on the same staff together. They're great friends. You don't think Sean McVay is gonna call up Matt Leafleur and Matt Lafleur is not gonna help his friend Sean game plan for Ben Johnson and the Bears. You don't think that's gonna happen. And you don't think Devonte Adams, the former Packer, is gonna is not gonna want to defend his former team and their honor from what was done to them, from that handshake and that postgame locker room speech. You really were doing this four days later.
Speaker 3: Items seems like a reach.
Speaker 7: If and it can go either way. If if Antonio Peers knocks off the Brandon Staley and the Chargers by hanging a sixty burger on him and say, is F the Chargers and F that dumb ass team, and I hope we do it every time. Yeah, that's what I would figure you would say. And vice versus ive. Jim Harboss sweeps the Broncos and says, F Sean Payton. That guy's a clown and he's mean to the media and I don't like him. And Bucket you know.
Speaker 3: About running Downhill, I don't really know much about it. Yeah, it's not all it's about nude, that's right.
Speaker 7: You don't, That's right, you don't. Green longback of this game as ability don Hill in the run games, is that the timing of it.
Speaker 2: Do you want him to attack Downhill?
Speaker 6: Is that you're like, what do you know about attacking Downhill in the run game?
Speaker 3: You don't know?
Speaker 7: All right, that's right, worst guy ever, And it's not surprising that he's a top five hang for Colin Coward by Yeah there answer piece of crap human being. Second thing p The other thing making the rounds online is uh the Haley Steinfeld was a Bronco fan. Photos of her in Bronco gear dabin doing all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Get her uncle body by Jake take her out there to meet Carl Mecklenberg or something like. Hell, how did that happen?
Speaker 7: I think he took her out there to meet Jake Plumber and that tall drink of water from Memphis that was one of the worst first round picks ever. I can't remember his name. He was supposed to join us if we put Lee Steinberg on and then he never joined his Paxton Lynch. But yeah, guess what, guys, Ailey Steinfeld wasn't always married to the starting quarterback of the Bills. She grew up in Denver. She was a Bronco fan as a child.
Speaker 3: I thought she grew up in Tarzana.
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 3: Well, she could have had some time in Denver too.
Speaker 7: There are photos of her at a Bronco game in Bronco gear dabin, dancing and having a good old time, and tweets of her saying, let's go Broncos or something like that. Yeah, okay, she's married to the quarterback of the Bills. I don't think there's any conflict of interest about for whom she'll be rooting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't think that's that big of a deal. So there's that there's a lot of stretching, Matt. They don't have much going.
Speaker 7: On, no exactly, So let's let's let the head coach of the Bears says, f the Packers, And apparently you're not supposed to do that. You're supposed to have some some level of civility in a post.
Speaker 3: That's not what you get every day. But at the same time, I mean, I don't think it's a salvation issue that we have to freak out about. That emotion overcame them in the moment.
Speaker 7: And Hailey Steinfeld could have been a Bronco fan in her youth. But I'm guessing it's not that big of a deal.
Speaker 3: Wait till somebody sends Jim Harbaugh a picture of you when you were nine and your Walter Payton Hutch uniform, Hutch outfit. He's gonna be very upset.
Speaker 7: They're gonna be like, what size was that toddler? How old were you there? I was like nine? What size? I think it was a size for.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it feels like they're trying to stretch their puzza across the whole week, you know, tall and over the water, like the Henry Ford Bridge at Long Beach. Just break down the game, guys, right, you know, tell me how they're gonna disguise a single high coverage. That's what I want to know.
Speaker 7: Steinfeld A goa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well she was born in Tarzana and she came up in Thousand Oaks, a Gora area.
Speaker 7: Yes, how old is she? Twenty nine? So I guess maybe big Peyton Anny fan or something. She didn't go to high school. You know, she was an actress, right raheem Moore. Maybe big raheem Moore fan.
Speaker 3: Could have been Vance Joseph.
Speaker 7: Halfing the time of his life.
Speaker 3: Diversities played a big role in his career. We'll be right back with Don mcclayane, who's played a big role in our show for many years.
Speaker 2: We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you.
Speaker 1: Make Am five seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple car Play or Android Auto.
Speaker 7: Petrous for Money AM five seventy LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app Remember next Thursday, one week from today, the big one, our final BJ's Restaurant brew House appearance in Irvine three to six pm. We will be there. Not only would BJ gift cards, Clipper tickets, all the usual suspects, perhaps another sweep of the PetroSA money office for a swap meet effect. But our friend Brett gave us a Westinghouse fifty eight in Zoomo TV. Smart TV experience simplifies streaming. That means more time watching, less time doing what we all hate, app hopping. That's what they do with the Zumo at Westinghouse. Find your Westinghouse TV at Best Buyer on Amazon, or win it at the BJ's Restaurant and brew House in Irvine from three to six pm a week from today.
Speaker 3: Joining us right now. As Matt pointed out, sometimes when it goes to a winery or a bar, I'd be a hole in his glass that has to be remedy. He's going on here. He's up at Seattle. We'll call the Michigan Washington Dad. He's got Michigan State Washington this weekend hanging out in the Edmerald City on the Big ten Network. It is the leading scorer in the history of UCLA and the PAC twelve and there will never be another PAC twelve leading scorer. I'm already not an our opinion.
Speaker 2: Hell no, the next ass Calber Chainey.
Speaker 3: Kisses will be the first c AA FS one Big ten Network, PAC twelfth Network No.
Speaker 2: One and only.
Speaker 3: Don McClain on your Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline, our basketball Shirpa, how's it going up there on the Emerald City, Don.
Speaker 6: It's cooling great and believe it or not being here for five days, which I will be heading home. So Monday morning there's not going to be a drop of rain the entire week.
Speaker 3: Coffee, big win, whether or not the Chamber of Commerce, get the pictures, take some pictures. It's a Chamber of Commerce day here in beautiful Seattle, Washington. Well, let's start with the uh the NBA, since it's hot on everybody's mind crazy times here in town. We ambushed James Worthy with it yesterday or he just didn't want to talk about it. But when you have a podcasting and Lebron's agent Rich Paul popping off on his own podcast with Max Kellerman. And here comes Austin Reeves agent stepping up in its faces on the on the sidelines in crypto. What do you make of this, Dawn? And this doesn't feel sustainable, but it's not necessarily new when it comes to Lebron.
Speaker 6: No, but here's the thing. If things were really going well, and they were playing at the level consistently that they're supposed to be playing at, the would be none of this. But the minute, the minute, things aren't going the way everyone thought that they should go. Now we start talking about trades, We talk about who they need to bring in and who you have to ship out to bring in that guy. And this is what happens. It's it's not just the Lakers, it's league wide that when you're underperforming expectations, this stuff starts.
Speaker 7: Going back to our conversation with Worthy yesterday, don just kind of pose it to you to maybe get a little bit more of an answer. Just I look at the Lakers and they're at what twenty ninth I think an opponent field goal percentage, twenty fourth in opponent three point percentage, King shot sixty five percent. I mean, teams are shooting forty nine percent on the field against this team. Like, to me, I've got to believe that that's like you have to do something. There's no way that can survive in the postseason.
Speaker 6: Right, But remember about this, I think a little while of a month ago or so, is it the scheme or the personnel? And to me, when you look at their roster, are you looking at a roster of really really good defenders. You got a guy that's over forty years old, you know, still a really really good player, But like, how good defensively is he? Luca's never been a good defensive player. And so I don't think it's on JJ Reddick that he should He can draw up some new schemes and all of a sudden the Lakers are going to be really good defensively and consistently good defensively. I think it's really about their personnel. And so you know, the other thing you can do is look at all, right, well, if we're not going to be a good defensive team, how can we score enough points to overwhelm our you know, inconsistent and not so great defense. And I'm not sure even though you have two of the greatest players in the league. I don't know if that's possible in this day and age of the NBA. Everyone can score. It's about who's really good defensively. Oklahoma City Thunder, the Celtics. You know, those teams defend and that's why they go. You know, they do great in the regular season and they go deep into the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a great a great point, you know, just outscore everybody, right, But they're seventh in the in the division or a seventh in the conference in scoring. Do you think they could Like do you look at this team and say, yeah, I could, I could see this being a one hundred and twenty five point per game scoring team.
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 7: Is that real? Because look, they don't have Austin Reeves. They haven't had them for it feels like a month, So that could be a big difference in scoring. One hundred and fifteen versus one hundred and twenty five. Is that Do you think that's a path for them, you know, to win a championship by just outscoring everyone?
Speaker 6: Well, to me, Matt, and that's why I just said it, it feels like the only path. I don't think this team's ever going to be really good defensively. I just don't, you know, looking at their roster and who they have and the history of the personnel and what they've done and watching them play, I just don't think that they're going to be a great defensive team. And so, yeah, you get Reeves back, you get everyone back, what does it look like, can we score more? But you know that's a slippery slope because once you get into the playoffs, the game slows down, there's less possessions. No one's going to let you score one hundred and twenty five, and you have to rely on your defense. So we'll see as this continues. But I do think that JJ Reddick is a good younger coach, younger in the sense that he hasn't been a head coach a long time, and maybe there is something he can he can figure out on the defensive end. But I think it's really going to come down to they're just so dominant offensively. That's how they're going to win.
Speaker 3: The One and Only. Don McClain is our guest the Petro sand Muddy Show. We are talking basketball, and we ignored even asking about the Clippers for a long time because they were so bad. The run that we predicted they would never get on is happening. They're on a run. They're only like six games under five hundred right now, and they're playing much more consistently. I'm not exactly sure what happened. I can maybe get a lot of little healthier, But what's going on with the clip show don Why have they turned it around? And are they going to finally fulfill the expectations that they had during the preseason.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, you said it's six games under five hundred. We're not in that locker room. So we don't know why they were so underperforming expectations to begin with, So we don't know why all of a sudden they're playing better. I said last week that I think it's fascinating that all of a sudden, Kawhi Leonard's getting thirty at night. You know, when things were so bad, and this is what's kind of brought it back. It's not just him, but you know, this is what he was brought to LA to do, is dominate and be one of the best players in the league. And he's you know, like I said last week, he's been in and out of the lineup. The load management that's that and the other, and he's finally putting together a run. And I think that's a big reason why the Clippers have been on a run. But you know, they dealt themselves a huge hole. So it'll be interesting to see, you know, when we get to March, as we approach the playoffs, where they're at in the standings and if they can get into at least the play in tournament.
Speaker 7: So I guess, you know, kind of picking it up where you know, we mentioned with the Lakers in terms of offense versus defense. You talked about what you thought this Clippers team could be defensively, what they might be, you know, going into the season before it completely unraveled. Those first twenty five thirty games, their top half of the league and opponent field goal percentage, and that numbers come way down on this eleven and two run. Do you think this is a team when you look at that personnel and how Tylu coaches, that could end up being like that dominant defensive team that nobody wants to tangle with in the postseason.
Speaker 6: Well, but that's the whole point, Matt. Why weren't they at the beginning of the year. Yeah, when we all thought that, why does it take thirty games or whatever it was for them to finally decide that we're going to be really good defensively. That's the part I don't get, and I guess that's professional sports, and in any sport, you know, the locker room, you know, the coming together and buying in and wanting to do it. Because yes, they've had a few injuries here and there, but like not enough to where you know, they started the season the way they did.
Speaker 7: Shifting down to the amateur ranks. You're up there, Colin Washington, Colin Oregon. Let's start obviously with UCLA. Trent Perry. He's been on a run, just had a monster game last night, thirty against Penn State. They got the win there, they win in Maryland. He's what I think, all double digits except that game against Iowa. Is he emerging to be that player that we thought he was going to be when he was a McDonald's All American and came in as a freshman.
Speaker 6: And you know what, I'm happy for him, Matt. He was in our gym a couple summers ago and you know he saw you know, he signed with FC originally. You know, Enfield leaves so he opens his recruitment winds up at UCLA. Well, UCLA last year had all these guards and that he was going to play behind. And you know, he got some opportunities and showed some flashes, but also showed some flashes of being a freshman. And he was frustrated and you know, talking to the dad and you know, figuring out and talking to Mick that you know, look, everyone's path in this game is different, no matter who you are McDonald's All American, Top one fifty kid, three star, two star, doesn't matter. Everyone's path is different. And he had to learn last year he had a good summer, he come back, he comes back. We knew he was going to have more of an opportunity and he's taken advantage of it. And that's how it works. Like it's almost like nowadays, if you're a McDonald's kid, if you're not a one and done first round pick, it's like a disappointment. Well that's there's only thirty picks in the first round, and not every kid that plays one year at college is going to be a first round pick. And so I think it's a good lesson for a lot of kids in watching Trent year that, Look, you had a really good high school career, you know, didn't play great last year in stretches, played well in some other stretches, but now he's finally playing well and in big games, in Big Ten games, and so I think I'm happy for him, and hopefully some other kids that are McDonald's are highly ranked or whatever they are, can kind of look at that and be like, you know, what everyone's path is different.
Speaker 3: Looks like you see a light pulling together in the Big Ten like you predicted they would last week. Don Are you surprised? Probably not since you predicted it. I mean, do you use that what you said? No?
Speaker 6: And look their schedule and look, we can talk all day about, you know, the four West Coast teams joining the Big Ten and what a disadvantage they have, and they do. It's clear's day, and I've talked all four head coaches about, you know, winning the regular season, and I don't think it's ever going to be possible just because of the travel that. I don't think Oregon, Washington SECLA will ever win the regular season title, just because they are at such a disadvantage compared to the travel of the original Big Ten members. But that doesn't mean you can't have a great year. That doesn't mean you can't win the Big Ten tournament, and that doesn't mean you can't make a Final four. But I think some of UCLA's stuff that we were talking about last week or the week before was a product of the schedule and of the travel. And UCLA is a good team. They're going to finish in the upper half of the Big Ten, They're going to make the NCAA tournament. So when you look at idy of their losses, you can't blame it solely on the travel, but it's certainly a factor when you have to go east for two, come home for one, and then go back to the East for two.
Speaker 7: Not ideal. But they did get that win against Maryland at home, and they're off to a good start before playing Ohio State this weekend. A level of concern. Don last one for you, I don't know, let's go one to ten. Donovan Dent zero for six. I think three of us last sixteen these last two games.
Speaker 6: You know, it's an interesting case study in the sense that Donovan Den's a forty percent shooter in New Mexico and he's got the team. You know, he's the best player on the team probably had complete freedom, but the expectation in New Mexico is far different than it is at UCLA, and I wonder, and I've never asked him, just because you know, you don't want to put things into players heads. You know, he knows he's not playing well or shooting it well, and so is it that he knows everyone knows how much money he got to come to UCLA and play, and the pressure that comes with that is it this is my last year in college. I have to impress the NBA people. I think it's partly that, but certainly if UCLA is going to go deep, he's got to figure it out because teams in the Big Ten will start adjusting, and I think they have. Like if you're shooting nine percent from the three point line and you're outside the three point line, I am literally staying to get the free throw line. Same, go ahead, dude, shoot it. And so we'll see if that continues or if it has started, if it continues, or if teams start to do that, because then you're playing four on five, which isn't gonna isn't gonna go well. But look makes a really good coach. I'm sure, they've talked a lot about it, and I'm hoping that for Donovan Dent's sake, there's one like one half where he makes two or three and he puts all this behind him because he's a really good player. He's just not shooting it well.
Speaker 3: Right now, He's gonna shoot his shot for two in the beautiful Northwest, the great Don McLean off until Michigan State versus Washington on Saturday, Don or Sunday. Jeez, have a great weekend and enjoy yourself out there.
Speaker 2: I will no rain, Yeah live mellon, All right.
Speaker 3: Rain, We'll be right back with Mark petros Money. Thank you. On AM seventy I'm trained to play a different sun on HALFI seventy LA Sports your home of the Dodgers.
Speaker 2: Hello, PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Rodney, That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vasse, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 7: Petros Money, AM five seventy LA Sports. We are live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. Keep listening for your chance to win tickets to the pb R the Professional bull Riders Association Toyota Center, Ontario this weekend. If you've never been nothing but absolute sensational reviews, a great time the bull Riders of the PBR when they roll into southern California Friday and Saturday, you're gonna want to check it out. Your tickets are available at Ticketmaster for PBR Ontario, but again we're gonna give away another pair of tickets here today. If you're there on Saturday, make sure to say ou to Tim Kates, who wanted to put his eyes on the PBR at the Toyota Center in Ontario.
Speaker 3: He is a huge PBR guy. Sorry, Lord Jesus, there's a fire.
Speaker 7: Oh somebody who was barbecue said, oh, Lord Jesus, is a fire on the stove.
Speaker 2: Talk and then the smoke garay. I got brun Kilars off swat.
Speaker 3: We gave the day off yesterday because he was on sportsd LA. I think they wanted only David Masse, a real star, award winning talk show of the year yesterday or on Monday. At the Tuesday at the scsb A tonight, Dodger Talk. The number one shoe has got Mark de Rosa, Adulton rushing. David Vasse riding high on the crest of a wave, just like Matt Smith does every morning. He's here courtesy of your Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline Connection. What's going on? Dave?
Speaker 5: Riding high still on my victory parade. You know, you guys are in very dangerous territory. You're becoming everything that you said you would not as you took the Sokows Sports Broadcasters defeat into day two. Very Hartman esque. You may be next to be inducted into the Hall of Fame if you keep it going.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: That is one path, Dave. The other path is we will never be invited back to see I thought that after my dad got.
Speaker 3: Drunk and yelled at the at the podium, but they inmighted me back every year.
Speaker 2: That'll go one of two.
Speaker 5: See you guys. Something you know during the Civil war there.
Speaker 7: And it's not a train for those of you.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you guys something. Have you ever heard there was actually a civil war in this country?
Speaker 3: Thank you, Dave. Dave the big news today is that your buddy Clayton Kershaw before he gets into broadcasting, which you told us all about a couple of interviews ago. Uh, he is going to pitch in the World Baseball Classic, probably against the third world country with unmatched uniforms, but he is going to pitch. What did you make of this? And did you know about this before everybody else?
Speaker 5: I knew about it last week. I started to get some word that this was going to happen, But not my place again to jump Kershaw or the World Baseball Classic people, And basically you know, everybody's talking about Kershaw versus Otani Team Japan against Team USA in the finals, a la Otani versus trout. That's absolutely not why he's on the team or will be in the game in those type of situations. He and Mark de Rosa have a vision of being the guy that you know in the first couple of rounds where pitchers have limits from their teams that if they do end up in a situation where they need innings or they need a long reliever, Kershaw can be that guy because he does not have the shackles of having to answer to any major League team. So it was Mark de Rosa's idea. That's why he's going to be on the show tonight to start it at seven o'clock. It was not Kershaw's idea. This was all Arc DeRosa's idea, and Kershaw accepted.
Speaker 7: So, Dave, I understand your position, But it's not like it's football. Guys aren't getting hurt every single game. Are you coming around the idea of embracing the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 5: It's a nice novelty, Matt.
Speaker 2: It's a nice novelty, Dave.
Speaker 7: It's it's the America's only won at once. It's the great American pastime.
Speaker 5: Japan's wanted to get to the finals. Once it gets to the finals, I'm intrigued.
Speaker 7: Intrigued, not excited, just intrigued.
Speaker 5: Intrigued, boy, I'm more excited about Opening Day at Dodgers Stadium, Dodger Snakes, Nolan Arenado going up against Yamamoto. I would imagine if you can find time between the Dodgers and Team Japan. Wow.
Speaker 7: That's because it's important to him. The World Baseball it's important to Japan. It's why they've won A three times.
Speaker 3: Have you sparred with a lot of people verbally over the dub u BC or is it just a David Vess versus Max.
Speaker 5: I actually believe in this circumstance, Matt is in the minority. Uh more people side with me.
Speaker 7: Well, like based inside baseball, people are fans.
Speaker 5: I feel like both. I feel like both.
Speaker 7: Everybody interesting you. Well, John Paul speaks like six languages, so it's just a real stroke of myself for him, Like, hey, look at me. I'm in the Italian dugout, I'm in the Spains as the Spain dug out. I'm in Mexico's doug. I mean, come on, we know what that's all about.
Speaker 5: Well, Mark DeRos is gonna come on the show that that just shows you. I am giving it validity. The Rose is going to start the show tonight as the Team USA manager for the World Baseball Classic.
Speaker 3: The one and only David Vese. He's got DeRosa even though he doesn't believe in his cause. Uh what's going on? Anything new about Tucker? Anything new about Cody Bellinger. I feel like we're in a real holding pattern over lax here.
Speaker 5: I think getting so sick of talking about Kyle Tucker every day because I don't believe he's on that elite level. I know he's a really good player, but make a decision already. If it's going to be the blue Jays, then take their offer. It's very obvious at this point the blue Jays are offering him a long term deal, while the Mets are offering reportedly fifty million dollars of the year for four years. I'm still convinced the Dodgers are hanging around for less than four years, partly because they don't want to go eight years or five years with the player that quite honestly, his reputation has kind of taken a hit as far as not loving the game of baseball. So I feel like that's part of the Dodgers' apprehension. And another part of it is they they have the oldest average team age wise and don't want to hand out another eight year plus contract to Kyle Tucker. And I feel like the Blue Jays, the Mets, the Dodgers are all there. It's just time for Tucker to make a decision. Let us get on with our lives.
Speaker 7: Someone that would allow us to pause our lives Dave had he become available, Should he become available, isterk Skubele, what do you make I mean, Josh Donaldson calling the Tigers a trash organization nineteen million versus thirty two million. They say that they gave the figure to Boris wanted to maybe get him somewhere into twenty five. It sounds like what it would have been the biggest number single season increase, most ever paid to a pitcher. Is this just Boris trying to force their hand and get him out of there. Should we read anything into this besides trying to extract as much money as possible for a client for a single year.
Speaker 5: This tells you that Scott Boris is trying to set new records with trek Skouble. Because it's an arbiter, if it does go to arbitration, you don't get to pick in between. It's either the arbiter picking the Tigers number or picking the number that Boris submitted, which was thirty two million dollars. There's no meeting in the middle once you get to an arbiter. What this tells me is, you know, David Price has the record for the highest arbitration. You know eligible pitcher, Scott Boors wants to break that record by a long way. And that tells me Scott Boris wants to break the record of Yamamoto's record setting contract and certainly blowpass what he got Garret Cole, which was a record at that time before Yama Moto superseded it by one more million dollars. So it just tells me Scott Boris is setting the tone for free agency that he is going to make Trek Schooble the richest paid pitcher in baseball history.
Speaker 3: He is the most decorated broadcaster in m FI seventy history. David Vase, he has Durosa on and he's got Dalton rushing Tonight. Dodger Talk starts at seven, Dave, our best to you and your greatness. Congratulations.
Speaker 5: You guys are continuing to mock me. You mocked my interview with the great yesterday.
Speaker 7: You know we a we celebrated it, and in our defense, I mean yes we did. We said we can't get We said we can't get a two time cy Young Award winner to call up the show. At the same time, you can acknowledge that is a little bit the delivery was comical, Dave. You can at least acknowledge, Hey, that.
Speaker 5: That's the way smell Zilla speaks. We wanted to do uh this, you want Mike Trudell interviewing this guy and him turning into a robot. No, she probably what's gonna be. You're gonna be you know you're gonna be here for another ninety five.
Speaker 3: Not five.
Speaker 2: Head.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to break it to him. I don't think Amachiane's gonna keep me around.
Speaker 3: He might, No, Dave, you never know, you never know. You and she had my getting pretty tight and he had a hell of a play to the big league names. Yeah, all right, d have a great show tonight, and thank you for the hook up with the pornoge the best.
Speaker 5: Hey, my pleasure, the the Fredo Corleoni Show of record right here.
Speaker 3: That's us. We're gonna be shot in the back of the head while we think we're fishing.
Speaker 2: I'm smart.
Speaker 3: It's not like everybody says, we got the fun fact that your your quick hits coming up neck