Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand of the iHeartRadio app. This is the Petrosen Money Show. You are one of the kind.
Speaker 2: Hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts, Matt money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petrosen Money Show.
Speaker 1: On the home of your world champion, Los Angeles Dodgers. Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app. We shall continue to explore the astonishment of living. Gong me Yuke petro Sand Money AM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Petros some money going until six o'clock. Dodgers and Mets from the galpin Ford Broadcast Center at seven. That means Dodgers on deck at six shut out the Mets. Last night we had a splendid time at Dodger Stadium with our friends from Verizon. Lock in your three year low rate right now at your local Southern California Horizon store. It was a great success. It was a wonderful afternoon with a lot of really great people.
Speaker 1: Man love hanging around folks, no doubt about that. Thanks Matt, Dodgers Mets tonight on the schedule. A lot of people thought tonight was the playing game. That's not the case. Not the Clippers playing game. Tomorrow. The Clippers will play the Warriors in the playing tournament and that does not line up with the Dodgers' day off unfortunately. So that one is going to be over on AM eleven fifty.
Speaker 3: So do you like in that one?
Speaker 1: I think the Clippers can win it.
Speaker 3: Wars big Oh.
Speaker 1: You made me look stupid, so dumb. So if you do want to hear yesterday's show, which I thought was a success enormo? What do you think? What Matt think? Now you've got a streaming issue.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's on Amazon Prime. I'm like, where are the playing games that Fred thought were on tonight but didn't realize we're tomorrow? Hey, Kate, they're on Amazon Prime.
Speaker 1: Kate? Who are you talking to in there?
Speaker 4: Me and Ki?
Speaker 1: What's Kevin still talking about in there?
Speaker 4: We don't get to see each other until in passing back and forth.
Speaker 1: Tell him that he can get one more minute out of Fred and he can stay as long as he wants. Fred Dundo were.
Speaker 4: Having a great talk about life. You know, he's a young father, and then.
Speaker 1: You know, geez, all right, sorry, Tim, I got I have a question. Let's say, like some real NBA big wheel like sham Chabloon who we used to talk to, So you're ruined it.
Speaker 3: He ruined it, He ruined it, he wore too much, drakaranwar.
Speaker 1: Or Adrian Wardnarowski who we used to be friends with. All these guys, any of these NBA types if they were here, or Steve Brusard also known as Chris and Steve Brusard a much better running back than Chris Brussard, Washington State forever. Any of these people if they worked here in the studio and they couldn't stream the play in there would be a big problem. Yeah, and Matt and I are sports types, like we want to watch Heath Hornets. We want to sports it out to put it on ESPN or TBS.
Speaker 3: It's not on what's on Amazon Prime?
Speaker 4: Now we're screwed. O.
Speaker 1: How do we get Prime on the TV here?
Speaker 5: Kates, We can't because that TV's seventeen years old.
Speaker 1: Calling engineers, I don't think it's got smartness in it.
Speaker 3: We are elite.
Speaker 1: We are sportsmen. Matt and I need to see the sports if we don't know what's going on with an East Coast playing game, How we expected to cover sports in a universal way and blanket or cover the earth like Sherman Williams Sherwin Williams when it comes to the paint. How are we supposed to do full coverage sports show?
Speaker 4: How two words? You're screwed?
Speaker 3: Okay, well not wait Kates, you may be right about the TV.
Speaker 1: Can we get another monitoring?
Speaker 4: I know I'm right about the TV?
Speaker 1: Matt.
Speaker 4: That thing is from two thousand and six.
Speaker 1: Can we get somebody to hold up an iPad in front of Matt's face? Stream? Now?
Speaker 3: While the TV has been here as long as we've been here, it's been twenty years.
Speaker 4: No joke, it has.
Speaker 3: Could we use like a chrome stick or a fire stick or something like that?
Speaker 1: Oh, a roku?
Speaker 3: A roku? Could we plug it into our JVC Hi Fi stereo VHS recorder that is also attached. Would that have the right component for us to plug in?
Speaker 1: Because I mean, Matt's say, got the VHS right in front of us, we have the VCR. I mean that's too much disappointment for one day. I mean, I know for a fact I don't even need Rodney to confirm it. They'll feel free. I know for a fact that Rogan and Rodney's show started to day and Fred was like, I can't wait tonight's the night Clipper playing. I'm gonna watch. I love it. And Rodney's like, oh, I'll be watching, I'm gonna do it this and that, and then somebody got in their air like I'm not playing this tomorrow on it. Oh it's tomorrow, my bad, and Okay, So that's one that's the start of a lot of disappointment just for the listener, because the listener wants Fred to have what he needs. And I think we can't deal with that double disappointment having our show start and Matt and I.
Speaker 3: Were trying to get the schedule going right, totally looking forward. I was made a fool for not knowing that Victor Webbin Yama was out of that Clipper game long before I showed up and into it.
Speaker 1: Though we were gonna watch the playing together. Man, I've been texting about it all day.
Speaker 3: The horn.
Speaker 1: I can't wait till during the breaks where we can watch the plan and you can regale me with your basketball.
Speaker 3: Knowledge, Nipples my favorite player in the last thirty years, I can.
Speaker 1: Talk about the Box and one, and maybe that baldhead scaleywag from sports'll be out there with their hoop earrings and their bald ass head. I was excited and now we got nothing. But I know that there's got to be an engineer in the building that can have a firestick and keyster that fire stick over here, and well whatever they need to do to get that playing on, I.
Speaker 3: Think we did.
Speaker 1: I mean, this is a sports station case, and we got to be ahead of the streaming. We got to be ahead of how the content is distributed.
Speaker 5: Guys, welcome to my world. For years I could not watch UCLA basketball games because they were on the Pac twelve network and then the Big ten network. If we do not get in this building, yeah we do, We now do. Up until last fall, we did not get is that right?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay? What about our APEX DVD player? Can I get a smart stick to plug into that? And will it work if there's.
Speaker 1: An HDMI port? Is that right? Yes? An Hdmi port.
Speaker 3: Do you think our JVC VHS player will have an HDMI port?
Speaker 1: I don't believe the VHS player, other than playing game tape from the nineties, is going to help us.
Speaker 3: I see the RCA jacks on the front, and we got.
Speaker 4: That those are red, yellow and white ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and on my high school game tape. You know what, I'm about to have a long run because the tracking starts to freak ouzy because we've watched it so many damn times over and over and rewound it. And that tape is it does not have the beta max strength that the Beta max boasted. The VHS strength is weak and wispy, and time does take its toll on it. No, I don't think the VHS player is gonna help us. I don't even think that incredibly modern looking DVD player.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to figure out if someone jammed a book into the slot of the DVD player.
Speaker 1: Well, why do those things still suggest? Why are they necessary? I don't mean to We might as well have a real, real machine in the corner. What are we?
Speaker 3: How is it that we work at a radio station. It didn't hit me until you said it, Kates. This TV has been here as long as we have been here, and we are in our twentieth year.
Speaker 1: Matt and I watched Red Grange play on this TV. Okay, we watched this TV used to be black and white.
Speaker 5: There's a lot about Zenith. Right, isn't a Zenith a Pioneer. It is a pioneer. It's a plasma TV. It is not an LED. It is a plasma TV with an APEX DVD player and a JVC VHS player. That is what we are working with, folks in twenty twenty six on the petros and money. You're gonna snap a photo of it, CAG You're gonna send it out to the people.
Speaker 1: Let them see electronics. That stuff like most of like, at least the TV actually works. We have no need for the DVD player nor the VHS play less for the VHS. Now we do have vhs. We do have cassette. We have VHS tapes in our office. Again, we have no need for these things. All we need is like a Roku or something. And the station needs Amazon, the station needs Peacock. I mean we need to cover sports. We're sports. We're sportsing it up over here. How are we going to sports it up without the Hornets playing game? We want to watch Hornets heat. Is there an HDMI jack back there Kates. Don't they know that LaMelo ball is from the Chino Hills Huskies.
Speaker 3: Oh there is an HDMI jack back there.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, but that's all that's happen. We need memberships, we do, we need a Roku fire stick.
Speaker 3: Well, Kates will give us his memberships, He'll let us log in.
Speaker 1: Sad thing is because we've given away as as a show, hundreds of televisions that are decades more modern than this television that we are still anchored with.
Speaker 3: That's a great point. Brett from Westinghouse is a dear friend of ours. If we said we need oh, it's not a book, it's just a broken tray, I would assume if we well, there's no reason for it to work. There's nothing for us to put in there. Kates, I'd like this now. I don't know if it's on DVD or VHS. I think it's on DVD, so we may need it. We have the uh, we have the Paris Hilton sex tape.
Speaker 1: We have. Those things are so they did not survive like three or four different purchase of our office. Those things are all gone.
Speaker 3: I think they're still there.
Speaker 1: They're all gone unless they're in a special drawer for you to gone too. They're gone, son.
Speaker 3: Of a bitch. David Magdaleno took them all home. They're all gone because those were purchased on the company dime at Odyssey Video.
Speaker 1: I just think that it's clear that we need an upgrade of electronics here in the studio. I know Fred and Rodney aren't here ever, and they do not see the changing of the seasons here at work, But we are here and there's a playing game tonight. Well, of course it's shocked him, but things like one hundred years old. Expect you're back there like al Juis Huxley.
Speaker 3: Don't die, man, What's what shocked you? The cord?
Speaker 1: Don't just point at it. We're doing radio, all right. Stop touching stuff.
Speaker 3: Go into the office and grab the VHS, grab a VHS tape.
Speaker 1: What are the chances Here's what I want to know, Kates. What are the chances come and approach a microphone? What are the chances Matt and I are going to be able to watch the Plan on Amazon Prime or whatever it's on tonight that your MIC's not on? Like, nothing works here? I can't live like this.
Speaker 4: What time does this start?
Speaker 2: There?
Speaker 3: We go four p thirty yeah, not happening.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Second question, if I'm not we got I want to just say it. If you went into our office and looked in all the cabinets and selected what looked to be the most likely to be a porn tape VHS and you brought it back and we put it in our VHS player, do you think we could watch some porn on the team.
Speaker 1: None of that has survived, none of it.
Speaker 3: None of it.
Speaker 1: None of it, not even on VHS. None of it has survived, none of it, none of it. Matt, you might as well be rummaging through the remains of the city that was once Dresden.
Speaker 5: Magdaleno did have some DVDs in the bullpen, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Think, Oh, there.
Speaker 1: Used to be boxes and boxes of porno DVD's that were Tony Bruno, Captain Stobbin's coming on. All gone. Now it's all gone, and we have to move on, and we will move on with great sports talk. We do have a great sports talk. A lot going on. We're gonna talk some baseball with the top story of the day. And the very next segment is.
Speaker 3: That a fog machine down there?
Speaker 1: No, it's a light I think.
Speaker 3: Oh, is that our black light that they Uh no, that's.
Speaker 1: Over there behind you. There. There are a lot of remnants here from from yesteryear that no longer. Yeah, that's uh.
Speaker 3: That I don't think was our party PM dance party PMS.
Speaker 1: That is some kind of lighting fixture that some grip left here from one hundred years ago.
Speaker 3: That's Sam Bone.
Speaker 1: Oh is that from scam from the scam YouTube show. That's from the scam YouTube show. Kate's and Sacks and the Am. I mean, I don't know why all of a sudden because there's a player on Amazon.
Speaker 3: It's just because Kate said that that TV was twenty years old, and.
Speaker 1: Now he's honker down back there like he's uh Jack Stefens. Kate's dude, Stop, you already shocked yourself once? Why do you do it? So we're gonna watch some porn. I'm not gonna watch Kate's. We're gonna watch around with electronics. No, we're not. No, there is no VHS born. If there were, we could be fired. Yeah. Hell actually we probably wouldn't get fired, but Ronnie for sure would be in trouble. That'd be great.
Speaker 3: Then I can call Sweet James.
Speaker 1: David Vassa will join us next Maybe Sweet James could talk to us about this tomorrow. David Vassa will join us in the next hour.
Speaker 3: And Sweet James next hour. It's like we got a lot of questions for him.
Speaker 1: Now that's Wednesday Top story of the day. We'll be next. Uh, we'll have a word number song. Basically, Vassa is our only guest and Matt and I are gonna have to sojourn our way through the world of great sports.
Speaker 3: Talk without Amazon Prime.
Speaker 1: No, we're not gonna have We're not gonna Does it look like we're gonna have the playing game, Matt? It does look like we are going to have maybe a less cluttered office studio work area. Kates is throwing these cables, is able to get rid of some of this excess. We don't know which one of those. Uh what is that, Kates? I mean, I see that's the VHS. But what's that box. That's the old cable box. Yeah, oh that's on TV. That's the old cable box. You just flip the one switch and it's porn. No, it's not. Stop with the freaking porn.
Speaker 3: Listen, this show used to be a porn All.
Speaker 1: We want to do is watch the playing game and you can. You can't stop talking about pornograph Before.
Speaker 3: That, pornography launched arguably the most successful influencer career in the history of the world. And had the Petross and Money Show not gone to Odyssey Video and purchased the Kim Kardashian ray J sextape, the masses may not have been clued in and may not have tuned in, and who knows what world will be living in.
Speaker 1: Right Sadly, Matt, that is not the only pornographic material we purchased at the Odyssey Video.
Speaker 3: Oh the Paris Hilton one too, Not that one too, one night in Paris, remember.
Speaker 1: Yeah, throw it out. Kate's right at the trash angrily, Yeah, leave it there. That's what they get for not taking care of the cash cow that is the Petrosen Money Show on a seventy LA's people too, And man, who do they think we are baggage handlers? That Matt and I could just sit here and not have the most up to date cutting head technology so we could do our show. We can't even do our show without a playing game. How were we supposed to do it? How were we supposed to cover the draft. How were we supposed to cover the NBA draft? Can how could we even hold a boom? That's right, go ahead, can't stuck.
Speaker 3: We're watching c SPAN, That's what we're doing.
Speaker 1: We don't have one one streaming service in this.
Speaker 3: Room, not a single one.
Speaker 1: Yet. We have two Modello coolers.
Speaker 3: Now you have no working headlights, no windshield lifers, neither.
Speaker 1: Of your indicators were So if you're listening to us to get secondary information about a playing game that starts in over an.
Speaker 3: Hour, we got nothing.
Speaker 1: You're screwed. Uh, But we will have great sports talk. In other regards, great sports talk, we'll discuss baseball and last night Dodger game. We have the schedule as follows, starting with our next segment, David Vass saying about an hour. So stay with us. It's Pettersen Buddy on AM five seventy LA Sports. We are your home of Dodger baseball and your home.
Speaker 3: Bold head in basketball analysis.
Speaker 1: Outdated obsolete electronics.
Speaker 3: And it's not close.
Speaker 1: I mean it really is.
Speaker 3: It's not close.
Speaker 1: Like we might as well have like all the stuff that like the sound effects guys used to use in the old timey radio.
Speaker 3: The two wood sticks from the crack of the bat, the.
Speaker 1: Gravel path, the thing that goes the slide. Thank you, Kates. It looks a little less cluttered to and on.
Speaker 3: Here's the pitch.
Speaker 1: I mean we still look like a poverty franchise, which we are, but it does look a little less clutter.
Speaker 3: Ready to tell me this works?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: You have amoto sets on the mound. Here's the pitch. Still the door as he runs first, a second stepping up in the plate.
Speaker 1: I lost the feed. When I re got it, three guys were on base. I had to get him on base. I didn't know how they got there. You know, this was Ronald Reagan's first job. We'll be right back with the top story of the day. It's Petro. Someboddy, everybody with obsolete electronic This is Petro send money on demand demand.
Speaker 3: Here we have an update.
Speaker 5: Yeah, your guys is whining and complaining and bitching and whining about the studio.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it's fair to say we don't need a VHS or a DVD player, and the TV is it was nearly twenty years, been here longer than Matt or me.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's a good advertisement for Pioneer TV. The This thing has last worked for two decades, and at one point, Matt, that thing was on twenty four hours of day, seven days a week.
Speaker 3: That still is. I think I got.
Speaker 5: An update from Richard Ramos in Engineering Love Richard takes good care of us, your chargers engineer and a friend of the show. Yeah, it says, I know it doesn't help you now, but your Talk studio is going to be updated, and that includes more TVs so you can watch sporting events. We start construction of the new studio in May, Okay.
Speaker 1: So March twenty twenty nine is that the target?
Speaker 4: It says May, but it doesn't say what.
Speaker 3: You Maybe feb twenty twenty nine, maybe feb.
Speaker 1: You think I'd be in a little kind of a d saying March, yeah, should have been February twenty twenty nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think so. You do have come to tonefit of the doubt.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Richard. A couple a couple of quick talkbacks here to your lord. That's embarrassing.
Speaker 6: You guys represent Eli.
Speaker 1: I'm here in San Diego.
Speaker 6: You guys represent LA.
Speaker 2: The station needs to do better.
Speaker 1: Who's the boss? He at least within the next last.
Speaker 3: Night, because Angela is the boss.
Speaker 5: If that doesn't work, then we can start.
Speaker 2: Not just let's go.
Speaker 1: It's the city of champions, let's represent let's get you guys TV. That's just.
Speaker 4: One more.
Speaker 6: The only thing missing from your VCR and uh plasma TV is a waterbed.
Speaker 3: Grandpa, that's good.
Speaker 1: There you go. If you told me we had to keep the TV and VCR. But they're putting a waterbed in here. Like there's some of the old electronics we would want, like an Iowa Sweet like both box, you know, or like a home stereo sure stacked, just stack the tower speakers, right, tower speakers, maybe a record player on top. But for vinyl.
Speaker 3: Pols that would be cool. A carverhead unit.
Speaker 1: I could bring all my old CD trunks in the are and we could really have a great time. But the VHS and Matt, there is no porn in the office, is there?
Speaker 3: I didn't check. I'm gonna check next break. You started talking to that Australian and I was east dropping on Toddle Light being a city of Chanches. I got excited about. I'm not from the city of Chanches.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to have a conversation.
Speaker 3: What's that out of light? It's a city of chat chees.
Speaker 1: There's no porn in that office anymore.
Speaker 3: I think there is. I feel like I was in trouble. There's one that.
Speaker 1: Young Australian girl's gonna see us pop in that old tape.
Speaker 3: I'm not from a city of chitches.
Speaker 1: From the city of beaches.
Speaker 3: A city of beaches, bondyed beach.
Speaker 1: You walk, oh, from us, stupid greasy walk. What do you call a Greek falling down? Corn descending? Because you are convicts, I don't you now hard it's time for the top story of the top story of it.
Speaker 3: From Adelaide or something.
Speaker 1: Chitches. It's a city of chitches. They put out my mite, fine and showy. Uh Baseball.
Speaker 3: Of the four major sports on baseball, Yes, in my Larry Merchant delivery style, baseball is different than all of our other sports, don't get me wrong. You see a running back rush for two hundred yards, quarterback throw for four hundred I'll never forget it, an edge pick up, five sacks in again, something like that. You're like, oh, wow, that was cool. I saw something. There's really nothing in basketball. Oh yeah, he scored fifty points, great sixty Wow. Baseball different because there are a finite number of opportunities for you to reach a milestone. Everything else you can.
Speaker 1: I knew Kobe was gonna go for eighty.
Speaker 3: Yes you did, Lebron. Everything else you can, you can game it. You can game the number of shots that someone's gonna take to get his sixty. But you can you can extend the game. So bam out of Baio takes forty free throws to get to his eighty three points. Yeah, like football, you can say, hey, we're not gonna throw the ball as much. We're gonna feed this running back and he's gonna go. That's not baseball. Baseball does not work that way.
Speaker 1: You can't get an extra at back.
Speaker 3: No, if you're gonna hit for the cycle, probably gonna get only four cracks to get the single, double, triple, and home run, and that's gonna be special.
Speaker 1: And you can't even do this stuff you do in the minor leagues, which is get your boobs ripped off in the first inning, sit down, and they take you out and then they put you back in.
Speaker 3: Just like more Tisuzki, Baseball is unique in that way where the rules are the rules. You have to hit these milestones and achieve these special moments within the frame of how the game is played. It is a concrete foundation. It cannot be altered. It is nine innings. It could go extras, but for the most part, it's twenty seven outs. It's typically four at bats, maybe five for you, and there's only three outs. You can't get more than a triple play. And in order to get a triple play, you gotta have two people on for that whole thing to work. That's what makes these things special. And I get it. We've seen it. Young arms are worn the hell out and beat the hell up by the time they get to the majors.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers colums run free. They have churned their guys on the OKC Express. Some people say that it's a negative that they will wear out Bobby Miller in twenty twenty four, that they'll are twenty three, they'll wear out Gavin Stone in twenty twenty four. Last year it was a little different. It wasn't total innings, but Ben Casparius was a starter, a long man closer, and it wears cheap young arms out. But it's like what Kate's does when he rents a car and drives it to Arizona.
Speaker 3: He drives the hell out of it.
Speaker 1: And he drives it back and then he's like, that's not my car. That car makes me sick.
Speaker 3: He trains the oil just to have some fun.
Speaker 1: Get away from me. Casparius. I now having young guys throw fifty more innings than any other time in their career.
Speaker 3: Miners are majors. Okay, that's one thing, But sending a guy out for three more batters for one more inning to make history. And and last night I know that Justin Robleski was towing the company line when he said he totally understood and he's got to earn the right to go back out there. And he respects the decision that Doc made. Oh, they wouldn't even let Kershaw do it. He's only twenty five. He's got his manager's back. And we love Dave Roberts, but god do I hate this A lot of time hate this.
Speaker 1: We've been talking about this forever, and I don't think it's one or the other to where you would say, well, do you want a championship at the end of the year. Aren't you happy with that? Because this is the decision that this front office and this manager and this coaching staff makes.
Speaker 3: That's not that you're right, that's that's a straw man argument. But they will st not going to win the World Series. Now you send Rableski out there for the ninth inning.
Speaker 1: If you don't like the way they do stuff, maybe you should give back those World Series rings, Matt and and this goes all the way back, and the story was discussing. Even worse was the one where what was.
Speaker 3: It stripling Rod stripling.
Speaker 1: Ross stripling, And it was like, not only did we took him out, his father was in tears thanking Dave Roberts. You want to thank him now. That would have been the only moment, the best moment of his career. That was it. He didn't end up winning a bunch of World Series with the Dodgers. He's not on the Dodgers anymore, and you took him.
Speaker 3: Out would have been his career highlight. A no hitter in his rookie season. Robleski got pulled after eight innings, just ninety pitches. The difference between seven up downs and eight is nothing, I know, Dave said. Dave Roberts said the velocity downturn was their red flag and looking at the play by play, yeah, it dropped in the eighth it was ninety four ninety five. Early in the eighth inning, it was ninety one ninety two. You know how many complete game shutouts the Dodgers have had since twenty twenty two, two since twenty twenty two, that's four plus seasons two for the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Well, Yava Mona was close. You know, that was terrible moment.
Speaker 3: Happening Walker Buehler in twenty two. The last one was Gavin Stone versus the White Sox June of twenty twenty four. It has been almost two years they have won. Well, they won those two World Series in the last two years. What they will say, Matt, that's what they say. But if you're justin Rableski and you just pitched your twenty five year old ass off one over the minimum, twenty five batters, twenty four outs, recorded two singles, that's it. On ninety pitches, ninety pitches in eight inch, you've averaged eleven pitches per frame. He is not in any serious danger. I find it impossible to believe that let that kid have that moment. There is nothing that has shown that that's what costes arm injuries. That too many updowns in his major league career. Oh he's at ninety. We can't possibly fathom him going to one hundred and one. If he's laboring out there. If there's a dip, okay, fine, there's a dip in the velocities. So guess what. Send him out there to get the first out. Send him out there to see if he can give it out Marcus Simeon. Batter for batter, batter for batter. And then if he gets sibbyan out, see if you get the next guy out, it's the bottom of the order, and then maybe he gets a complete game. But this is major league bait. It's not just a Dodger problem. It's major league baseball. Guys are getting more rest than ever. We had Tyler Glasnow sit with us yesterday for almost twenty minutes talk about the perils of pitching and how some guys are okay with every seventh day, some guys aren't. For him, he's that he'd prefer to pitch every fifth day, but he's gotten used to it. Ribleski has pitched every seventh day so far. He pitched the thirtieth of the one. That's only because he's a seventh day adventige. That's right. The other guys. Christian scientist, they're.
Speaker 1: Five day Christian scientists.
Speaker 3: He pitched the thirtieth of March, the sixth of April, and last night, the thirteenth. The guy's pitching every seventh day already. He's basically should have one more start this season than he does right now, because you have taken such good care of him. You would have liked to seen his hawk nose back out there.
Speaker 1: Why not.
Speaker 3: He's the only Dodger pitcher that's thrown more than six innings so far.
Speaker 1: What about seam head Kates. What does seamhead Kates think? Oh, seam head Kates is with us?
Speaker 4: Was leaving him in last night?
Speaker 1: Had Kates Seaman Kates is a known despite the way he's treated, which is totally unfairly, a known company man, I would have left.
Speaker 4: Him in there because, Matt, I think you alluded to it. There wasn't a lot of not a lot of stress, right, no stress, right?
Speaker 5: I mean I felt like he didn't have a lot of traffic on the base pass that was too singles. Yeah, it felt like he could have gone out there and tried the ninth but batter to batter right?
Speaker 1: The uh?
Speaker 3: The Major League Baseball currently in Major League Baseball, there are two complete games across all thirty teams, most teams between twelve and fifteen games into the season. Uh Sandy Alcantara and George Kirby have complete games so far. Nolan Ryan had two hundred and twenty two complete games in his career. The next the next best picture of his era, Greg Maddox, and the next era base Ball one hundred and nine. The next best pitcher of his era in baseball Clayton Kershaw twenty five. That's how much this game has changed. One tenth of the complete games that Nolan Ryan had.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, if somebody has a chance.
Speaker 3: When you talk about the dominant pitchers of their era, and we got twenty five complete games for Clayton Kershaw over his career, and we can't send this kid out. And I know arm injuries are different and they're pitching more so there's more wear on their arms when they get here, but that doesn't mean you can't send a twenty five year old kid out for the ninth inning to let him have something that is so completely and totally rare. And that's why I said make history, because that feels like that's what you're doing. If you have a complete game in twenty twenty six, why would you not send him out there for the ninth inning on ninety pitches and twenty five batters faced over twenty four outs. It just does it. You can't make it make sense.
Speaker 1: Hey, Ross, remember that time that your dad said it was cool that the Dodgers didn't let you have a no hitter?
Speaker 3: Uh, yeah, I do. And he never saidbody.
Speaker 1: Said tears were coming off and Kirsten reported that he was crying when he hugged Dave Robertson, thanked him for protecting.
Speaker 3: You, Thanks for taking care of my kid.
Speaker 1: And then they traded you to Toronto.
Speaker 3: Yes, And then he had a podcast in which he had Joe Kelly on and his last time I checked, you got David Vasque out there for the Dodger station. Watch you put Joe Kelly out with him. He would ask the tough questions. He does it on MLB Network for a high heat. But Rod's stripling. That's what he's most famous for. Getting the first interview with Joe Kelly after he made his pouty face against the astro.
Speaker 1: I'm sure these guys would be wanting to have the opportunity. Yes, I'll take it's mine. I guess they just don't make exceptions. But that's the thing, except for Yamamoto last year, right, and he got his boops to me. It's up to It's up to Rubleski, you ask him. Hey, man, you are on a rookie deal, a rookie minimum. You're still two years away from hitting free to even get into arbitration eligibility and making real money. Are you okay with us sending you back out there? How's your arm field? It feels great. Let's see what happens against freaking Marcus Simeon. And if I get him out, then I'll pitch to the next guy. And if I get him out, I got a complete game. Fantastic. I just don't like I said. I can tell it makes you unhappy, Matt.
Speaker 3: Baseball is different.
Speaker 1: It just you had an opportunity for a milestone last night and it was sorely missed.
Speaker 3: Hit for the cycle, throw a complete game, shutout, a no hitter, a perfect game, triple play, all of those things that you rarely rarely see, and when you do, it's something that will obviously stick with you for the rest of your life. Gavin Stone's got it. Yeah, his arm got broken down and busted because the Dodgers pitched him into the freaking ground two years ago.
Speaker 1: You busted.
Speaker 3: But he's got that sweet complete game shutout on his resume against the Chicago White Sox, and I'm sure he treasures that, and the Hawk knows Justin Rableski would have felt the same.
Speaker 1: Hawk nos got nothing.
Speaker 3: I got eight inans of shut out ball, twenty five batters faced in twenty four hours.
Speaker 1: No one even liked my Rableski hawk nose. I did tweet this sound. I'm just saying, no, they didn't. You can't put it on the ball. I tweeted out a picture of Rableski's line with the hawk Man, and because it wasn't a complete game, nobody cared.
Speaker 3: A complete game. They came, would have blown up that hawk Man's getting.
Speaker 1: Hundreds of likes. That would have changed everything for me.
Speaker 3: Instead, I just kept refreshing, refreshing, got nothing, I got nothing.
Speaker 1: Twelve.
Speaker 3: Come on, this is embarrassing.
Speaker 1: What do we gotta do attack USC football to get some likes around here? Yeah, we'll be right back with some reaction.
Speaker 3: Or posted on threads. I don't blow it up. I don't blow it up.
Speaker 1: Reaction to Matt's hot take about leaving a guy in to get his complete game.
Speaker 3: I got my six Hello Kitty sweatshirts, and I want to see a complete game.
Speaker 1: Some people, really, really, they should be embarrassed. She heeated the system last night, and they should be embarrassed for shame, for shame. You know. If I was doing Diana Russini's like friends that were with her on that trip, I tweet out, like, here's a picture of you. Yeah, here we are.
Speaker 3: Doing a crystal bath, and so don't I check out me with this bottle of prosecco.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hanging out with the lady. We're drinking Bellini's right. But I don't see none of them pictures. And I don't see any pictures of Rabel High five and his boys after winning their foosball competition or anything like that.
Speaker 3: What's the other sprits that they make with Saint Germaine instead of apparol, like a foot fetish, sprints or something. It's got some name, like I don't like the operall sprits as much as I like that. Oh that's sprints. What does it mean? But it's Saint Germain instead of Operall.
Speaker 1: I can't help you, man and Mint. Every once in a while, I have a campari on the.
Speaker 3: Rocks, Mint, Saint Germain and Prosecca. It's the most refreshing drink of the summer. Yeah. Hey, Rashini's friends start posting some photos. The picture you guys hanging out at the pool glass of Shard.
Speaker 1: Here's us watching skate stage coach together right looking at the pink rock formations. We'll be right back with reaction to our outdated electronics and Matt's baseball take.
Speaker 2: Southern California's most listened to sports talk show, This Money on Demand David.
Speaker 3: Seking to join us from Dodger Stadium at the bottom of the four o'clock hour. Yo Shee Yamamoto on the mountain tonight see if they can extend the shutout streak against the Mets, who have now dropped six in a row. Last night, Justin Rabbless just discussed it. Eight shutout innings, only twenty five batters faced to get those twenty four outs before he was relieved by Tanner Scott.
Speaker 1: Matt's very unhappy about it.
Speaker 3: Not cool man that that's not.
Speaker 1: Also unhappy that he wasn't able to find the old sex tapes that we purchased.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got a lot of blank VHS tapes in the office, about eight of them, eight to ten. We do have on DVD guns of Navarone, Risky Business, Napoleon Dynamite, the Legend of Bagger Vans.
Speaker 1: Oh, we should give those away, Tombstone, We should give those away at our next event.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got like Simpson Season eighteen or something like that.
Speaker 1: But none of the porn that you boasted in the first segment, not that I could find. No, and that's unfortunate.
Speaker 3: But I did find a CD of our PAC twelve tournament USC versus Arizona State game.
Speaker 1: Send it to your agent. Get you a job with the.
Speaker 3: PAC twelve being relaunched, perhaps like Lett Matt and some basketball play by player.
Speaker 1: We'll be involved in the hub in Richmond. All right, it is time for some text Usselexell.
Speaker 3: Fine, brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers.
Speaker 4: We make it easy.
Speaker 1: Unless Tim is going to start paying playing the talkback sound?
Speaker 3: Uh I saw him curating the talk back?
Speaker 1: Does he have the talkback sound?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 1: No quock question? Why y'all got uh? Why y'all got born tapes in the office.
Speaker 4: What are we talking about?
Speaker 3: It was a different time. There was an outlet here in Burbank on Lankership video. It was the era. It was a the celebrity sex tape was a burgeoning Yeah, you guys serve it like it was the start of the celebrity sex tape.
Speaker 6: This says the any thing missing from your VCR and uh plasma TV is a waterbed, Grandpa.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 1: That guy's got a really clean connection. By the way, that's a real nice talk to you. What about the talkback intro? How are you gonna play all those talkbacks and not playing the talkback intro to talking.
Speaker 7: And back to BMS talkbacks?
Speaker 1: Talkbacks? Oh, I used to call the clitters. Her response, all right, that's it for the talkbacks. But that button is there, the la Dodgers gonna start.
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 1: This is good.
Speaker 4: These are my favorite.
Speaker 1: You testing one too, just sing on where the hells of Dodger game?
Speaker 5: It's the matter with you people.
Speaker 3: Sheesh, that's the best one I've ever heard.
Speaker 1: This is I love how they're really pushing the talkback button, but they sell it with an OnlyFans fart jar guy, Well, we've been selling that for years, sir, I mean we had we don't have a new promo.
Speaker 3: Then what you do? Cards in the yard.
Speaker 1: Bob's sitting there in Kansas City doing promos for Dan Patrick every day, six of them laughing at us, and we can't. We got a guy fartner yours.
Speaker 7: We are trying to do the talk back. I go on to Conway, he's doing the talkback. Mas say, he's doing the talk back. And then I turn over to five seventy and I hear you two idiots just doing a bunch of shicken effing instead of doing the talk bag. Damn it. Now, I need you to be doing the talk back all right, station needs it.
Speaker 3: I mean, that is the greatest Don Martin has Hank Hill impression I think I've ever heard very strong.
Speaker 1: Patrick's catching up on the pod. If you drop a soda and don't want it to explode, all you have to do is leave it in the freezer for a few minutes for the gas to slow down, and then you're good to go. Works with any soda like Drake, Yeah, and then you leave it in there and it explodes.
Speaker 3: Right, Maybe I don't have a freezer maybe I just I don't have a portable freezer.
Speaker 1: Billy Packard, h Pete Tel Smith to stfu, What does that mean? Shut the f up, Oh April, Let the kids pitch. They're so good. Let him go. Nine July thirtieth, get rid of all these kids in prospects. Trade it for one Soto go trade fifty thousand Yoshi babble AADs for scoopl Smith is an ass hat?
Speaker 3: What's an ass hat? Guy who's head hat?
Speaker 1: That is an ass Matt's take on baseball is it is as old as that VCR collective dust in your studio, Mama, and the persuits are for the important gas. I'm gonna need you all to lay those a lot of shoots. Yeah.
Speaker 8: Uh, christ Memory of a Killer is yeah, the perfect show for when I get home.
Speaker 4: Oh this is the guy I mentioned the show that I watched, that ye.
Speaker 8: Show, Christensangle. Memory of Killer is yeah, the perfect show for when I get home after work at like two something in the morning doing sound for like random bands and I got to put something on while he eats some food and it's totally Yeah, she's but entertaining and you get sucked in. Man, He's right, you just get sucked in, like, well, I need to know what happens next.
Speaker 1: He's losing his mind. He's losing his mind and it's a killer. He's losing it now, he's a killer.
Speaker 3: If you do sound for random bands, that's what's in your schedule. She should get home at two am. Have I got a show for you?
Speaker 1: Can't you just watch whatever you want now?
Speaker 3: If she feels like it.
Speaker 1: You guys watching TV in there like the damn Pilgrims. It's true. It's true. Matt Matt has buckles on his shoes, it's true. And he hates Indians.
Speaker 3: I've got to stand up and change the channel.
Speaker 1: Tell bitch tits money. The last time they played the Rockets twice in three days, the Lakers beat the Rockets, so obviously it'll be a gentleman sweep. Get ready for that when you do your basketball takes tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Well, they had Luka Doncicen Austin. Oh oh, I feel like that's a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, hey, Patres watching these strokes at Coachella. Julian Casablanca can't be a d anymore because he's not thin and beautiful anymore. Ha, He's gonna have to play nice now now that he's like the rest of us, he did put on a little bit of wako. I mean, come on, leave Casablancas alone. Hey, Matt Moondoggie Smith.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't think you got that gravelly voice of yours because you started.
Speaker 1: Smoking at the age of ten. I think it's because you surf in that mouth of ditch water from the San Gabriel River.
Speaker 3: Yuck, yuck. You're right on both accounts, and it wasn't ten. It's a little bit later than that.
Speaker 7: Hey, what do you guys think about setting up a Reach for Relief five K marathon for support for Tiger Man.
Speaker 1: The guy needs help, dude, Reach for Relief five k. He was reaching for relief Tiger with the Reach for Relief, you know, the five K marathon. The boss was asking if we wanted to like do a PMS poker tournament, a PMS golf tournament. You're like, no, no, But reaching for relations You're like like almost like the Sistine Chapel. He's reaching for a bill now that we can be a black hand, right, Hey.
Speaker 9: Like Tim Cats didn't already have enough on his plate with the Petros and Money Show and all his duties with the Dodgers and doing commercial reach for Japanese companies, and now he gets to spend a half hour a day listening to endless You're Latino messages on the talkback line.
Speaker 4: Actually enjoy it?
Speaker 1: You love the talkback cats?
Speaker 4: Well the highlights?
Speaker 1: Do you paint? Play talkbacks for the girls at home?
Speaker 4: I just sit here and hit refresh.
Speaker 1: Did you play the Tugging It Big? Did you play in the Keateses Corner?
Speaker 4: When I come home?
Speaker 3: They play that?
Speaker 1: All right? Well, that's the talk Back and Interaction Response segment. Secret Text ELSA brought to you by your Southern California Toyota dealers. The talkback brought to you by the Chicken Efforts and Don Martin.
Speaker 3: And the Chicken Efforts and the pro Shoot.
Speaker 1: We will have your word number song and David Bassey and one of the headlines coming up in the very next hour. Stay with us,