Speaker 1: We're going to talk to somebody who just has a comment to make. And I thought it was really interesting, and I said, hey, can we put you on the air to talk about this? So we've got somebody who wants to talk Paxton, who's got something everybody in the world was talking about this weekend. There was the super Bowl, there was the Olympics, and then we're still talking about Savannah Guthrie and Savannah Guthrie's mother, no sign of anything, and now they're basically pleading with the kidnappers to say can you return her? And they've got, from what I can tell, no leads. There's no anything that's making them think that it was I think they're going back to reinvestigate one of the family members. But it's one of those things that kind of makes you think a little bit, Paxton, what did you want to bring up about it?
Speaker 2: So I don't know, and I don't really I don't know why this is just kind of bothering me. But I don't understand why this particular disappearance has been getting so much more attention than just regular disappearances. Like I do understand that this is awful, and she's what like eighty four or something, and it's this is super unusual and everything. But I don't know, I just feel like we are spending a lot more resources on this particular disappearance when things like this happen all the time.
Speaker 1: No, I think a lot of people have thought that too, And I think it is because, I mean, Savannah Guthrie is you know, famous celebrity, and she's rich and famous. But yeah, there's like more resources than if somebody else, like a normal, average person disappeared.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean we totally think about that. Yeah, But at the same time, I will say she's eighty four and not that somebody who's like, you know, twenty four, is like, well, they're healthy, they can handle it. It's not that I can't quite put my finger on it, but it is just a different level of tragic and awful that she's eighty four and probably dead without her medications.
Speaker 4: Well, I will also say nothing dark. Last week, little John the rapper, his son went missing, and I hadn't heard about it for a while.
Speaker 1: I didn't cover that in this in the dirt. Actually, well, yeah.
Speaker 4: But it's not on the Today Show. We're not talking about on the news. Yeah, I know, we've talked about it, but I just barely heard about it. And then his son came up dead, found missing in a pond, and that hasn't made mainstream coverage. Oh I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they found out I think over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel she's exactly what I'm talking about, even though he is rich and famous as well, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true, because yeah, you would think, oh, it's because she's rich and famous. There's a different a different story where he is rich and famous but didn't get the same coverage.
Speaker 1: Well you think go missing every day? Do you think it's a little bit because of how different this was. We hear about missing people often enough that we go hmmm uh huh, Yeah, that's terrible, which is sad, which is which is of course. But then when you hear about an eighty four year old woman disappearing that's going to die without her medication, it probably is dead already. Who we said this all last week? Who does that?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: So what the public pays attention to, maybe that's what law enforcement pays attention to.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's also because it's kind of spooky, Like the story is spooky because we don't know like what happened that there's like blood, but we don't see like the ring cameras were shut off, and then we don't hear anything except for this like weird little ransom note thing. And I think that's like gives it an addition of like spookiness, which I hate to say, but it is kind of like an entertainment value to like the masses where they're like, Ooh, this one's different. She's eighty four and she doesn't have her medications.
Speaker 2: Agree with you, but I think I agree with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, And that's so I feel like that's another reason why people care about this one more, you know, because it is kind of spooky.
Speaker 1: It is a little it is spooky, and I think that because she was like an old lady should be safe in her home playing you know, I don't know, don't crossword puzzles and seduku and solitaire text messages. Packson says, why is Savanah Guthrie getting so much coverage when there's so many other people, like average people? Yeah, I read somewhere of like people in Arizona, Like in the last couple of weeks alone, there've been like a seventeen year old that's disappeared, and a twenty four year old has disappeared. At the time, text message says at KATWB one, I absolutely could not agree more with Paxton on this one. Another one says, I think I think the son in law had something to do with it. They looked at him and then they ruled him out, but then they don't have any other leads, so they went back to the son in law. Another one says, it's Savannah's employer that's talking about it so much. She's a celebrity, but she works for NBC, so she is lucky to have that as her employer.
Speaker 4: I guess the news thing is true, But like I said, Lil John is a celebrity. I'm sure there's other celebrity. I don't know that, but other celebrities who have had little situations like this, and we haven't had as much national coverage, especially when respectfully, there hasn't been that many developments. Yeah, you know, we keep people like here's an update, but there.
Speaker 3: Is no update, right, So well, I think there has been. And she said they're not actually giving us all those details for the safety aspect, and like probably making sure that they don't reveal too much.
Speaker 4: They don't have any other suspects though, So.
Speaker 3: This text says, I think it's getting the coverage it's getting because of the ransom. And that's why it's odd because of because not all disappearances have a ransom with it.
Speaker 1: True, because this is more like a kidnapping, because like if you know, like your usual eighteen year old or twenty two year old disappears, it's an abduction, not a kidnapping, because you don't really hear about kidnappings anymore. Most of them they don't have any intention of giving anybody back. What's the difference once one's a ransom and one does not. So example, if somebody like I don't know, abducts their child or abducts their acts or whatever, they want to keep them. Like that dude in what was it in Wisconsin five or eight years ago that took that fourteen year old eighteen year old girl, hit her under his bed for eighty one days. There's a podcast called eighty one days, you know what I'm talking about. No, he didn't have any intention that he didn't have any intention of giving her back. That's an abduction. But this was like I'm keeping But that's why you don't hear about kidnappings anymore because with so much high tech and cameras everywhere. Let's say if I kidnapped Bailey and I wanted ransom of like, you know, five dollars. Yeah, that's a lot, and I'm like, okay, well, I'm gonna drop her off at mom or Ronda's house in exchange for five dollars. Guess what the cops are going to be waiting there for me. Yeah, exactly. It's not gonna work.
Speaker 3: Back in the day, it would be less easy to do, like LESSI to attract you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah right.
Speaker 1: Hey, Paxton, thanks for bringing it up. It's definitely a worthy, a worthy thing to bring up.
Speaker 2: Sure, thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you bet, all right,