Speaker 1: By Billy cunning him the great American. Of course, the murder, the assassination of Charlie Kirk has shaken the nation to some extent, maybe not as much as all of us would like, because it appears that about one third of the American people consider that to be a good thing, believe it or not. In fact, there's a new an NBC News poll that one third of self identified Democrats one third say political violence is sometimes necessary against some political opponents. That's one third. That's tens of millions of people who kind of think political violence might be acceptable. Jonan, you and I now has Gabe Guiderini. He is the field representative for Turning Point USA here in Ohio. And Gabe, welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, before we got onto the politics of the day, can you tell me the impact and the effect that the murder. I call him the Saint Paul of the twenty first century, Charlie Kirk had on the movement as at this point of six weeks out.
Speaker 2: Well, it's just been and thank you for having me on.
Speaker 3: It's just spending an incredible, you know, moment for the whole team. It's been a really tough two months for the whole team, and really what we've been trying to do ever since what happened on September tenth is to try to ignite something in people from what Charlie started, to help his memory live on. And that's what I believe we're going to be working to do, especially in the run up to twenty twenty six, and especially after what happened last night, especially for young people like myself. It was hugely impactful what happened. It was it was a huge wake up call, and I think that there needs to be more of a message translated to more young people and more people of all age groups about what happened and about what this means for the country. Because we saw what happened lastlast night with Jay Jones, who fantasized about murdering a Republican lawmaker and his children. We saw what that meant for you know, he didn't face any consequences for it. So we have to message better. We're going to continue to fight for what Charlie built, and we're going to continue to try to live up to his legacy.
Speaker 1: Oh Jay Jones. That just briefly, Jay Jones said things like three people. I only have two bullets. I have my political opponent, a guy named Gilbert. I got Adolf Hitler and I got Paul Pott. That means the Republican gets two shots in the head, and that means Hitler and Pole Pott must live. He also talked about watching his political opponent's children die in their mother's arms, and most of the pundits said about Jay Jones in Virginia, you know what that guy's done. Not only did he win, he won by four percentage points, and so political assassinations are acceptable and rhetoric concerning them to a chunk of the Democratic Party today. And to me, of all the results a mom Donnie winning in New York City and Mikey Cheryl winning in New Jersey, those weren't shocks. But when when the chief law enforcement officer two years ago, when he was in the General Assembly in Virginia, talks about murdering your political opponent and watching his children die in their mother's arms as two kids almost, I mean, I don't know what to say. Was that a shock to you more than anything else?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a shock, And I didn't really realize that we.
Speaker 2: Had come to this point until now.
Speaker 3: You know, a lot of people have been talking about how radical the left has become and how radicalized the Democratic Party has become. We kind of saw it a lot after September tenth, with the reaction that a lot of them had, which was very vile to Charlie Kirk's assassination, but we didn't really think that it would translate to votes correct Democratic Party. And in many ways, it's really you know, it can draw a lot of pessimism to the point where we now recognize that in many cases the time for debate has ended and in many in many you know, in many ways, what we're seeing right now is that they're not looking to have a debate with us. They're not looking to understand our position. They're focused on vitriol. They're focused on vitriolic rhetoric, and.
Speaker 2: They believe, and many of them do believe.
Speaker 3: That Republicans already are an inherent threat to their life and there's no reasoning with that. You cannot talk about taxes and you know, all the actual issues that Republicans campaign on to people with that type of mentality, Republicans have to dig in. And this is what Turning Point Action has been doing. I work for Turning Point action, which is the five to one C four electoral wing of turning Point. We're not focused on debating the left. We're focused on beating them in elections and swamping the ballot boxes with voters who are fed up with what's going on with Democratic politicians across this country. And we're just going to keep doing it, and we're going to build up more infrastructure so that we can get more people out to vote. Republicans are just not enthused to vote when Trump isn't on the ballot in the same way that the Democrats are fixated on every single person who has a Democrat labeled by their name. And this is kind of the Republican parties, you know, we're kind of honorable to a fault.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Republicans, they pick and choose their candidates. They care a lot about the quality of their candidates. Democrats will vote for any vile, vitriolic person with a D by their name at the ballot box. We have to make sure that our voters know who's on the ballot, what's at stake every single election cycle, and that takes turnout. And when Trump isn't on a ballot, we have to build the infrastructure to be able to get good people out to vote. That's what we're focused on doing.
Speaker 1: And gave Guyennerini the turning point USA Field rep. When someone like Mom, Donnie and I don't know if you're up late, but I'm kind of a newsgeek and I watched the whole thing last night. He's yelling and screaming at large numbers of New Yorkers in New York City attacking Donald Trump from New York City. I watched our mayor have to have peer of all. Much of his speech was all about Donald Trump. Donald Trump is Satan andcarnate. He's the boogeyman. They run against him in the city of Cincinnati. They run against Donald Trump. And the fact that Donald Trump's half brother was on the ballot meant that Donald Trump was on the ballot. And the only way we can win as a Republican democracy is to have and informed electorate that understands past the hype that the Republican Party stands with the three things Charlie Kirk believed and above all else. Number one is God Almighty, Number two is family, and number three is America. Those are the three things, and you seldom here about God. The family and America. When you have liberal Democrats talking about the greatness of our country, Mom, Donnie, did not talk about God, did not talk about family, did not talk about America except what people can suck out of the system. And so when, for example, about two weeks ago, the Senate Republicans put up a standalone bill to get rid of the shutdown. Okay, you don't want to continue a cr which is Biden spending, All right, let's just put the work air traffic controllers in TSA just that group. The Democrats said, no, keep the air traffic controllers out of the skies. Number two, they put on a standalone bill funding food stamps. Let's fund SNAP. Democrats said no, we're not going to fund SNAP. So and then they put up a standalone bill, let's pay the military. You would think Democrats would say in the Senate, Yeah, we got to pay the MILLI No, the Democrats said no. They're in the business of inflicting as much pain as possible upon the American people, hoping the American people not being informed. We'll blame Donald Trump when the Democrats vote against funding the military. Can you smell when I'm cooking?
Speaker 3: I can indeed, and a big, big part of that is because historically the Democrats have had more money than the Republicans, and the Democrats are the ones being funded right now. You know, this isn't the old days of the country Club GOP. The Democrats are the party that were the financial drive. The financial machine of the party is being driven by our nation's richest billionaires and it's powering their financial machine.
Speaker 2: It's keeping them going in a big way.
Speaker 3: And Republicans, we may not have the financial advantage right now, but what we do have is the advantage in that we have more people who truly believe in what we say. We have more people who are actual god fearing patriots in this country who believe what we say and believe in the ideals that this country great, in the ideals that Charlie Kirk believed.
Speaker 2: Then we just have to tap into that. Right they don't have people.
Speaker 3: You know, here in Ohio, for instance, like half the majority of the counties in Ohio don't even have a functioning Democratic party apparatus at the county level. Every county in Ohio has a Republican party apparatus. We need to tap into our manpower, and our manpower is not. It doesn't need a financial machine to drive it. It just needs passion and enthusiasm and training. And that's what Turning Point Action is trying to do. We need to make sure that we can turn these people into soldiers for their neighborhoods and help make sure that they're able to get their neighbors out to vote and inform them about what's going on. That takes building up a lot of infrastructure to make sure that that happens.
Speaker 1: And Gabe a lot of work lies ahead. The midterms is going to be critical. If, for example, the House of Representatives turn into the hands of a Keem Jeffries, there goes to Trump agenda, it's over with. Here comes all the impeachment bills. It will continue, and God forbid, if they take the Senate also and they have the presidency, then it's going to be Puerto Rico is going to be a state, Washington, DC is going to be a stake. They're going to have fourteen justices on the US Supreme Court. The Democrats will get rid of the filibuster as soon as they can, and as a consequence, the country is going to be completely different than it is today. But lastly, I'll give you one another atlantidote. I got a call from Turning Point USA person in Miami University close to you. You're in Dayton, but this is in Butler County largely, and they had five and six people coming to their meetings about six months ago. Now they had five or six hundred. Have you noticed on college campus as a yearning and desire here in Ohio to have a functioning Turning Point USA and to turn these minds of mush college kids into marching soldiers. Have you noticed the difference? And where is the interest level?
Speaker 3: The interest level is suited the roof. I mean, ever since September tenth and what happened to Charlie Kirk. Young people are just fired up and they're seeing what's happening. They're seeing the direction in which this is heading. And even you know, here's the thing. Before September tenth, I would say a majority of college students on my campus, which is the University of Dayton, are you know, lean to conservative. They lean towards the political right on the issues. They were you know, they didn't like the Democrats. They don't really like you know, Biden. They didn't really like what was going on with Kamala Harris. But they were apathetic. They were more focused about, you know, doing what college students do. But ever since September tenth, what has happened is these young people on our campuses have woken up in.
Speaker 2: A big way.
Speaker 3: They're starting to realize this is where our country's headed. And I may be, you know, these people may be in college now. They may be you know, just doing the college things, you know, trying to enjoy the experience, but they're realizing, what when they're out of college, what's going to happen If the country is on the track that it's on right now, if the left is on the rhetorical track that they are right now, and they're really concerned about it, and they're starting to wake up in a big way.
Speaker 2: They're realizing, we have to do something about this now or else.
Speaker 3: As soon as we're out of college, we're not going to have an enjoyable life to live, let alone our kids and grandkids. So that's really what's driving it and the amount of growth that turning point USA chapters across the state and College Republican chapters. I'm chairman of the Ohio College Republican Federation as well, we have twenty two chapters across the state. What these campus organizations are seeing is rapid growth, and it's really you know, the important thing is just to not just get people in the room, but also to activate those students to be able to make that difference in their friend groups and their communities.
Speaker 2: And their neighborhoods at the ballot box.
Speaker 3: Just about bringing people into a room, it's about equipping them with the tools and knowledge necessary to be able to go out and make that difference outside of the chapter.
Speaker 2: Gab that's what we're trying to do.
Speaker 1: Jame Gurney Reny, I got to get your website, but it's about God, family and America and seldom on Democratic party functions. To see a lot of those activities, hopefully in a Republican and if you capture some kid eighteen to twenty three years old committed to the calls, more likely to stick with it. Gabe, what is the what is the website? If college kids there are others listening around the triestate would like to be in touch.
Speaker 3: For Turningpoint USA, which is our five oh one c three with the campus chapters. It's TPUSA dot com. I work for Turningpoint Action, which is the electoral wing that is tpaction dot com.
Speaker 2: And we work with the Republican Party. We do the ballot chasing and.
Speaker 1: Too good luck to you and full you think it's over it, it's just be gonna know. The Democrats are doing the macarina right now. And uh for a Democrat to win in New York City or Virginia or New Jersey or California, it's not startling and surprising that they wanted to moralize people like you to think, Okay, you've lost, we won. Know your role. Shut your mouth, Gabe, go back to the books. Forget about the organizing college kids. Because the days of God and family and faith are done. That's the message that they want to give to you. And I said, you have not received. You may have received that message, but you push back against it.
Speaker 3: Correct, absolutely have. Their celebrations are going to be short lived. We're going to come back with a vengeance.
Speaker 1: God willing, God bless America. All right, Gabe Guiderini, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show the day after the election, and we'll talk later. And God bless you, and God bless America and God bless the family of Charlie.
Speaker 2: Kirk, thank you for having me. God bless God, bless you all.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more and if a line ever becomes available five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand, Bill Cunningham News Radio, seven hundred ww