Speaker 1: More variety from the two thousands, the nineties, and today it's Star one on one three, it is Marcus. We're doing second date update. Might as well get right into it. So let's say you go on a date, you get ghosted, and we will have you on the line when we call your date to figure out what went wrong, so you can listen in. You don't have to hear it from me, you can hear it from them directly, indirectly. I hope that made sense. We have Devin on the phone. Good morning, Devin, Hey, good morning. How are you good? Just tell me I'm making total sense this morning.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're absolutely making total sense this morning.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about your date. Man, So Mia right, apparently trivia becoming more and more popular. So many like trivia first dates. So according to your DM, it was trivia in Campbell. Well, you know what I'm getting ahead of myself. How did you guys meet?
Speaker 2: We met online? You know, I've been liking trivia night dates just because it's like a good way to be like, Okay, what are you an expert on what? I can also flex a little bit things like that, not physically flex, you know, mentally flex.
Speaker 1: But totally get it. We do trivia on this show every morning eight oh five. What you know about that? And I've learned that there is like there are like trivia questions that are cute, and then there are like trivia questions like who would actually know that? That's so trivial, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: No, totally, totally, and that's the kind of stuff personally I pride myself on, sure. But she was answering a lot of those questions too that were like the niche like trivia hard questions, and honestly, the whole experience was just downright hilarious. Okay, we weren't fully serious about the time. We're both restaurant industry workers, you know, being out late on a weeknight now, no biggie, and yeah, we were just joking and connecting the whole evening, like answering the questions. Sharing nachos like that was the next you know, right that we thought we'd bring. I don't know what it is, seriously, like try being attractive while eating nachos, Like, come on, she was doing it. I thought this whole thing was a hit man. And truly I haven't heard a peep out of her since then, Like not a text, no response to and nothing, absolutely nothing.
Speaker 1: Okay, well that's why we're here. We'll try to figure it out. So, like I said, we're gonna call her. We'll have you on the line. I would love to get you a second date. It's Marcus. Good morning, we're doing second date update. I've got Devin holding and he was talking about his date with me. And now they went on on a Wednesday, which for most of us to be like, oh God, are you kidding? But you guys, you sit that you work restaurant.
Speaker 2: Yes, we do.
Speaker 1: Okay, so Wednesday not that serious. And it was Trivia and Campbell on a Wednesday, and she's ghosted. So let's call her and try to figure some things out. I'm gonna see how the date went from her perspective. Go ahead and mute your phone. Here we go. Hello, Hi, may I speak to Mia. Please?
Speaker 3: This is Nia.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 1: My name is Marcus. I do a radio show on Star one O one three out of San Francisco for iHeart. It's a morning show. We're on right now, and I'm wondering if you have a moment to chat on the air for a sec. I'm secretly hoping you'd listen of course.
Speaker 3: I do, and of course I know who you are, and I saw like the caller idea what everyone was like, what what?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for listening every morning. Okay, so we're doing second date update. I don't know if you know what that is?
Speaker 2: Good miss? Of course I do, of course.
Speaker 1: Is yes, Devin, Yeah, okay, hey, hey, how you doing?
Speaker 3: I am good. I never thought i'd be on on this show, but here I am, and.
Speaker 2: Then you don't here you are here? I am.
Speaker 1: This is delicious. So I mean, Mia, you know why we're here. Devin enjoyed your date. He'd like to take you out again. I'm wondering, did you ghost? You sound so kind, you don't sound like a ghoster. I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 3: I Sometimes it's just easier that way, if you know that, like if you just didn't get the right vibe, and it's just easier to sort of like, you know, not lead them on in any way. I'm just sort of let it go.
Speaker 1: Did something, I mean, did something happen with the vibe?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean everything was going great until yeah, there was a turning point. Basically, we went to a trivia I and it actually started out really fun and Devin was really like attentive, like right, it's from the very beginning, and and like engaging and super cute. And I loved this little thing he did. When I showed up at the bar, he already had a drink waiting for me, because he texted me ahead of time, basically confirming, like what's my drink order? And then it was waiting for me when I arrived. No one's ever done that. I thought that was so sweet, and he pulled out my chair, I don't know how sweet. And then it kind of turned sideway from there, and during trivia, he kept shouting out plot twist like after every wrong answer, and eventually admitted to me that he'd secretly been to that trivia night several times before, and I guess memorized like the question so that he could.
Speaker 2: Look smart for me.
Speaker 3: And at one point he even whispered that he only dates women with main character energy and that I had it quote unquote, I just it was. It all seemed like some weird fake set up, like not genuine.
Speaker 1: Right, Devin, Ay, any thoughts on this? I mean, this is a lot, man, I'm not gonna lie to you all at once. This is a lot.
Speaker 2: I'll start saying I was trying to say a compliment, like I'm trying to hyper up the main character energy compliment and like I gotta ask too, like what's wrong with the little sandbagging on the question.
Speaker 3: It came off performative, like it wasn't your genuine self, Like I'm trying to say, like, dude, like just be yourself, Like I don't need to know about all the homework you did to look smart, and the whole main character energy thing.
Speaker 2: Just felt like a line.
Speaker 3: Like to me, it felt like how many girls have you.
Speaker 2: Said that to?
Speaker 1: You? Started out started out gangbusters? Am I right?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And you're cute and really sweet. Something that I really look for is people that are genuine.
Speaker 2: I thought that I had to it on something like I just wanted to impress you. If you were to give me a second date, I promise you that I will dial it back. I will just be myself.
Speaker 1: My god, it all on the field right now, Miah, I feel like we can salvage this. Can we give Devin a second chance? Here?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean, I guess maybe it just was a misunderstanding and I'm led to do it. And yes, I hear you, and I'm willing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's time to bring the chow bell of destiny because we just got ourselves a second date.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is surprise for today? You did it?
Speaker 1: Oh my guy, Oh
Speaker 2: We did it.