Speaker 1: All right, it is Mojoe in the morning. This weekend I went golfing with two of our big bosses that work for iHeart Hartley Atkins, who just recently, hardly kind of took a different role than the role that he has right now. He's got like a consulting role. I guess Harley and Brad Harden, who is our head of program He's like our big guy. He's actually Tony's boss us. Oh, first off, they know us, they know the show, which is good. The shows does well for the company, and they're actually very you know, nice guys about what we do, so thank you to them. But it was interesting because we were golfing and I did not know what kind of golfers these guys were, nor do they know what kind of golfers I am or golfer I am. I'm not a good golfer for anybody that ever knows anything about golf. I am like a twenty three handicap. Basically that means I'm not good, like good people are usually like in the teens or is down to nothing, you know what I mean. Like a pro golfer is called the scratch golfer. It's like basically zero and really great pro golfers are in the negatives.
Speaker 2: So Lord number golfer.
Speaker 1: So those guys are all about my pace and we're all golfing and we literally lost more balls than we actually you know, brought with us. But it was funny because the joke was you can tell that none of us are really good at golfing because we don't go out on the golf course in golf all the time. And I do golf a lot, but I end up golfing a lot of like, all right, I'll do like eight holes and then let me get something from the halfway house or you know what I mean, or the beer card girl. Long story short, We were having a conversation that got me talking about people who are really good golfers. And if you're somebody that is a golfer, I want you to think about this. There is an app called I think It's gin or gin it's g h I N. And that is the thing that ranks you as far as how good of a golfer.
Speaker 3: You are compared to how like who.
Speaker 1: Ranks to you based based on how well you do on each round of golf. So when you get down golfing, you put in your score, and then it will give you that score that I told you that twenty three score.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm a golfer, so I'm just trying to follow.
Speaker 1: So here's here's the interesting thing. There is this app that is out there, and if you're somebody that golfs a lot and you don't want your boss to know that you golf a lot, you probably shouldn't be putting your scores in there, because if you do put your scores in there, it's very good that your boss is basically looking at how many times you golf in a given time.
Speaker 4: So it says when says the day when you've got in your score.
Speaker 1: Doesn't tell you the time. It just tells you that the yeah, the course and the date. Okay, So if you're golfing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, but yet you're telling your boss that you're a golfing you know, only on you know, Saturdays, on your days off, your boss is going to know. And so, long story short, they ain't working if you're out there on a golf course unless you're taking clients out. And if you're not you know, dealing with you know, work stuff, more than likely you're not bringing home the sales. So long story short. With this, it got me thinking, and I asked a friend of mine who is a manager of a very big company that is here in Michigan, all right, And he told me, I cannot say the name of the company, but I'm going to tell you guys off the air the name of the company. And he says that I told him this whole story. And he said, well, you know, the way that we check our employees is through their computers and phones. And I said, really, I said, what do you mean? And he says, they all have company phones and they have company computers. And he said, we have find mine on all location services. So when our when our employees are saying that they're out doing stuff, you know, for work, we can see they're at home all the time, or sitting on their couch or whatever the deal is, because they've got that. So I wanted to ask this question, and it's just a random question. What are the ways that employers are checking in on you? And have you ever been busted by your employer when you weren't working or you weren't doing what you're supposed to be doing, Because there are got to be some other ways that that they're doing it.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: We have a job where you know where we are at all times. Right, we're either on the air, we're off the air.
Speaker 5: Road.
Speaker 4: Although the very first morning show that I worked for shout out to the Morning Mess in Indianapolis, Indiana. The host of that show did not ever believe you if you said you were actually sick and that's where and you were going to stay home and not come into the show. So he would, and this happened to me, he would send an intern to your house to knock on your door to take a look at you, to see how sick you really were.
Speaker 1: Was he doing that as a bit like joking around or was he doing it because he was being serious.
Speaker 3: I think it was fifty to fifty really, yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, I wouldn't open my door.
Speaker 6: That's what it is.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: You know what you did?
Speaker 1: You call the police. I got an intruder.
Speaker 2: Yet, a friend of mine works in me medical sales. This is like same but different. She works at medical sales. She says that she has the type of job where she's able to finish whatever her duties are extremely quickly. Like say, for example, they say it's going to take you a full eight hour shift to get all through these little sales sheets. She can do it in four, which obviously she wants to get paid for the full eight. She went online and found a mouse that will move on its own, so that, wow, while they're checking to see when you're quote unquote idol on the computer, if you're not doing anything, if you're not flipping through screens, whatever case may be, her mouse will move for her.
Speaker 8: The same thing happened when work from home was new, Like everyone that I knew at quickened. They would put a YouTube video up that was like a twelve hour YouTube video and you could just leave it on your screen, so it looks like somebody's active on the computer doing something. But they were like getting their hair done.
Speaker 1: By the way, can they have that mouse thing? Take those her tests that we take right just like just like beyond there, like faking the whole thing. Neil Feldman from Carl's Golfland wanted to give me the correct terminology. It's your handicap, so this is what your your deal is hitting. But in Neil, my handicap is golf. That is pretty much what it is. But it's interesting because think about this, think of your like a big time person like say say that you're say you're like a Dan Gilbert or something, and you have a financial advisor that takes care of your money for you, Like he's the guy that's managing your money. And you find out that your financial advisor golf's every single day or two rounds of golf. He's not managing your money's managing his golf game. Would you want that guy being your guy?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 4: So this just happened to my husband Wes within the past couple of months, and this girl no longer works for his company, so I feel like I can talk about it now. But it was similar to what you said, keV, where he had a girl working for him on his team and she probably was really good at what she did, and so for her job for Wes's company, she could get done within a couple of hours. Unbeknownst to everybody until she got caught. She was working two jobs. She was also working full time for another company, which is a big no no for them, and she didn't get caught until she worked remote. She was in a totally separate state until she would always have her camera off, camera off for all their meetings, and finally, in one of the meetings was was like, you need to turn your camera on, and obviously I won't say her name, and she didn't realize that she was at her other job in the office that had all the branding and was it a competitive and so they it wasn't a competitor but her state. But it was still like that's how they figured out that she had she was working at the same time, full time jobs at the same time double life.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, what's up, Ben? How you doing.
Speaker 5: Some good?
Speaker 6: Good morning guys?
Speaker 1: How are you good. We're trying to figure out a way to screw the company now, actually we're trying to find a way to not get caught. What's happening?
Speaker 6: So yeah, I got I got caught a pretty funny way. So I found out on Friday. My buddy text me at like four o'clock. He's like, hey, dude, there's this disc golf tournament two weeks out, you know, take off. So I'd put the time in thinking I was going to get it off, you know, I'd come to work Monday, look at my sitting in It says, no, it's got declined because other people had already had it off. And I was like, man, I never asked the time off, so I told my buddies, Oh, I'm just gonna call off play hooky that day. So the tournament day comes around and I call off to play hooky and they're giving me cramp for it. They're like, oh no, too many people off. I'm like, oh, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 9: I'm so sick on the toilet.
Speaker 6: You know, I don't do this tournament, end up destroying it. You know, I take second place, end up taking closest pin and all that, they take my picture.
Speaker 1: And all this.
Speaker 6: I didn't think anybody at my company knew I played disc golf.
Speaker 9: I walk into work the next day feeling like, oh yeah, I feel great.
Speaker 6: My boss goes, hey, Ben, good job on your disc golf.
Speaker 9: It was posted all over her Facebook and all over social media and stuff.
Speaker 6: So I ended up getting taught that way. But did you get me off?
Speaker 5: OK?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that makes me happy that you didn't get like fired or something for that. Hold on, Anna, what's up? Anna?
Speaker 8: Hey?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 5: So my boyfriend and I are both in marching band and we both work a lot, so we have to take off of work on Saturdays, and my boyfriend's manager make sure to come to all of our home games to make sure we're actually in the marching band and not skipping.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's too much, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's seriously did he used to do a morning show called The Morning Mess. What's up Ali? How you doing?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 7: Good morning?
Speaker 1: Good morning.
Speaker 7: I I so a previous job. I had a program manager who was kind of like my lead HR person. She was got my actual manager, but she was like the next closest thing. I used to run into her at the nail salon during the work and we both weren't working, so it was just kind of like an unspoken role that we just didn't say anything to each other.
Speaker 1: I have to tell you, I've got I've gone to this nail place is by my house and gotten pedicures, and I see all these women in like business suits and they're they're there and they are on you can see them on zoom or whatever. They were doing. What's up Eddie, how you doing?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 9: What's up? Mojo?
Speaker 2: First time walk.
Speaker 9: And as I'd be gone for Mojo, it was just hilarious trying to you, are you trying to explain how.
Speaker 5: I know?
Speaker 1: I know? I know, I'm like will.
Speaker 9: That at least on Microsoft Teams of my company setting yours. That is, doesn't change from like a way to active unless you like physically click within the like team's app on your computer. So so just simply like moving it it. It doesn't change your saddest because there would be times where I would be either you know, writing things down or on the phone, and then when I would come back, it would say, you know, away, But then when I physically clicked on it, then that's when it shows up, as you know, changing my like icon from away to active.
Speaker 1: We we have our boss. Last week we had a big conference teams meeting and it was un block your cameras. Oh yeah, and don't be just you know, your emoji or whatever it is that's on.
Speaker 3: There because camera on and make sure you're paying attention.
Speaker 1: Yeah b b pre or I forget what it was like, yeah yeah, So of course what I did was I took a picture. Couldn't you do that?
Speaker 5: Though?
Speaker 2: You can do anything in a second?
Speaker 1: Can Bion could get me an AI fake of Mealy sitting right there in the chair beyond?
Speaker 2: Can she knows you doing too early?
Speaker 1: Too too early to do that