Speaker 1: A lot of people are asking about Kevin and did he go to breakfast Saturday?
Speaker 2: I'll just use that term, did you did you eat breakfast Saturday?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I did not. You did not do it.
Speaker 1: The breakfast thing, you know, I like that yesterday. Good good for you. No breakfast for you. It's better to it's better to uh intermittent fast away from that.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: I asked some French toast yesterday. That was phenomenal. And I'm not a big French toast person. I like regular wheat toes, little strawberry jelly. But as some French house yesterday, some eggs, so little pineapple momosa and stuff.
Speaker 1: keV has keV has been kind of seeing uh this beautiful lady. Uh, her name to only us is our Magazine Girl because you met her at the our magazine party. But there was some conversation that came into play of if this relationship were to get more serious, you were gonna need to do something and what.
Speaker 2: Was that get her? A promise? Ring?
Speaker 4: So we so she was over yesterday. I'm I'm doing my puzzles. I'm puzzling and uh, she on the college working on some stuff. And I don't remember how we got on the topic, but we did, and she brought up that now she's an avid listener, so she'd be hearing stuff, and she heard our dating conversation and I think she saw it on socials. So BEONK and I we're gonna start having conversations.
Speaker 2: About no, no no.
Speaker 1: By the way we talked about that, I just wanted to real quick on throw this out there. Beyonca Lydia and I were having this conversation. We can't do this picking and choosing thing if we share to the listeners.
Speaker 2: We shared to the listeners social wise too. All right, we'll have our meeting later we can. We'll talk in the meeting about it.
Speaker 4: But about this though, she saw that on there, So we started to have the real conversation between her and I and not with all of us here about dating and you know what that means and all of that. So I'm kind of joking where I'm like, her birthday is like in a couple of weeks or something, So I'm like, well, what if I just ask you to be my girlfriend on your birthday? Like in my mind, like I'm kind of halfway joking, but like now you joke got a little seriousness in it right. So she was like, well, if that's going to happen, then I'm going to need a promise ring.
Speaker 2: Was she joking or no?
Speaker 4: She was serious? She was she was for real. I'm like, I promise Like in my mind, that's like weak.
Speaker 2: I was like, what do you do?
Speaker 4: You really do it? She's like, I need you to promise to me that you're not going to break my heart. Like that's what a promise ring is. And I was like, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: I feel like a promise ring is like middle school, high school. Thank you, That's why I grown.
Speaker 5: When you said that, I was like, no, I cannot handle when adults give promise rings. I'm like, just know that you're in a committed relationship and if you ultimately get engaged, okay, then.
Speaker 2: You buy a ring ring. That's where I'm at. I had a promise ring in high school. Really, I actually still have it. Yeah, whoa why no? No, no no.
Speaker 5: We were together for years and years and we like mutually broke up because.
Speaker 2: You get it at Claire's boutique.
Speaker 5: No, I don't know. I'm sure his parents bought it and helped him buy shit.
Speaker 2: It was nice.
Speaker 5: Why do you have this because it is a memento from my past. It's in my rubber made box with my probably yeah. No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: That's so sweet, I wonder Well, first off, let's open that to the listener, because obviously, Shannon and I both think a promise ring seems very high school high school And I don't know what your thoughts were. Did you kind of chuckle with that too? Okay, But here's the thing I want to hear what listeners think about this eight four to four Mojo Live or text call me to nine five five zero zero and Lydio will get you on. Just got one quick thing. If you give her a promise ring A what kind of budget do you do?
Speaker 2: But two or B? Is it going to send a mixed signal?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Does it send a signal that you're now forever?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Like this is marriage type thing?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that would be the only reason I'm dating somebody for real, Like I'm not. I don't think anybody dates with the intention of breaking up in two years, you know what I mean? Like, you date with the intention of, like, okay, being with this person and hopefully being with this person leads to something that's a forever thing.
Speaker 5: So can I ask a question because I feel like we jumped from a couple of weeks ago when you didn't even know about using the phrase dating because it was so one on one and like very committed, Like that meant you were very committed to now taking it two steps ahead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And talking about a.
Speaker 4: Promise was halfway joking when I said, like I would ask you to be my girlfriend, but it was like a halfway joke thing. And then she was like, well, if that's gonna happen, I need a promis ring. And then that laid down that discussion. Yeah, now I'm a.
Speaker 2: Firm believer like you all are.
Speaker 4: Where it did seem a little bit childish, it did seem a little bit young. And then I'm also of the mindset that the only ring you should get somebody is that ring she'd be like your wedding ring. But then I'm also in a stance where it's like, just because it's something that I don't consider to be quote unquote maybe mature or something that I've strayed away from. If that's what she on, then, like you know, with your personal 't that big.
Speaker 2: A deal to me?
Speaker 1: I think it takes away from the the the ring.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I think I think when you give a ring like that, it takes away from the moment of when you, oh my god, a ring, you know, But.
Speaker 2: Then you got somebody like Shannon and I had it for thirty years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she was in high school. But I'm saying it means something. But here's the thing.
Speaker 5: I mean, at the time, it really did, like that was a big deal to me.
Speaker 1: I also thought, you want to marry them? I feel like, when do you start buying jewelry for somebody that you just met? You only met her like a month and a month and what was the hour party that was?
Speaker 2: Like it was June.
Speaker 5: I think it was May. I think you've been together for a month.
Speaker 2: Together is crazy?
Speaker 5: It was basically Jim all right, Well, I'm just saying.
Speaker 1: What's babe, Good morning guy.
Speaker 2: What do you think? Gabe?
Speaker 7: I don't know, come on, okay, what's the promised ring gonna do? I mean, you know, ring just significant by like you know, be like significant.
Speaker 8: You know, like mean something.
Speaker 7: I feel like when you're dating that you could break up any time and it wouldn't really mean anything more than if you were to be engaged or married. Then a ring, like you know, it significant, it means something more than just a normal relationship. And I feel like you're old enough to realize that, especially you know, having a very serious relationship in the past. So I was trying to shock yourself a promise ring.
Speaker 5: To me, though, it just it almost seems like it's not about the ring. She's just craving some sort of commitment for me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I mean again, ab, but I don't know how much you heard. This wasn't my idea, this was something that she brought up. But I also feel like I think there are different levels of commitment to someone, Like once you go past the dating and you say I want to only be with you and I want to be in a monogamous relationship, that's a commitment to say, okay, we're going to be in a relationship. And I think there's another commitment where you say I'm going to marry you. So I think there are different levels of commitment. And then different people have their things that symbolize those commitments, and some people words just aren't enough. Maybe they want something that's a symbol of it, Like you say, an engagement ring that's a physical symbol of the fact that you have said we're going to be together forever, and for some people they want that with a relationship.
Speaker 1: You know what, it is a bigger commitment than the ring key to the crib, as you would say that you have a key to the crib.
Speaker 2: Nobody got to get my mom My, Mama don't got a key to the What.
Speaker 5: About Grandma Alice or Grandmama save Grandma? Grandma Alice is there in spirit every day Grandmama want even.
Speaker 2: Comes in and created. Yeah, walking down there.
Speaker 1: Wait real quick, though, you would you give a girl the key to your place? When when when you get when you moved in? Yeah, that's that's where I would be on. Dear draw what's up, Dear dra Hi, Good morning everyone, fantastic, what's going on?
Speaker 3: Hey? Listen, First of all, like you said earlier, it's the surprise. Is the oh my god, this moment. That's the wedding ring. It's twenty twenty six. For whatever reason, the world of women that has gotten a bit insecure, in my opinion, for the fact that that ring as a promised ring in you're dating, No, she won't find every want you'll.
Speaker 8: Break up to break my heart.
Speaker 3: I mean seriously, it's taken away from the moment of the engagement, of the wedding ring. You know, and anybody and everybody can day you don't know, like things happen. Hopefully you don't break up, but don't do.
Speaker 1: It, dear dry. I worry it sends a mixed signal to everybody around them that, oh my god, you guys, because people look at rings as it's a for you know, this is an engagement.
Speaker 2: But I'm not.
Speaker 3: Even it hasn't been even a month or six months anything like that.
Speaker 4: But I'm also I'm not I'm not somebody that's about to be making decisions based on what other people think about it. Yeah, like, I don't give a damn what y'all think about you know what I'm saying, And me and my partner in but y'all worried.
Speaker 2: I'm not sleeping with y'all. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I you know what I mean, I uh, I would care what people why they not in your relationship because they get done talking about chance, they're gonna go talk about somebody else's all of a sudden, her mom and dad are gonna be like, you got a ring from him? Oh my god. Then all of a sudden. It takes that relationship. It goes from zero to one hundred.
Speaker 4: We had that conversation yesterday too, about a bunch of stuff, just not being the help.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Have you met you met her dad? Did you have a talk with you?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I want like that. That's another time I got that written. All right? What's up there?
Speaker 1: Later?
Speaker 2: What's up Robin?
Speaker 8: If a man gave my grown ass a promise? Don't please don't.
Speaker 5: But I actually love what you said, because I have always plod on promise rings. I do think it's like a middle school, high school, high school thing.
Speaker 8: However, cool.
Speaker 5: I love what you said though about it may not be important to any of us, and we may roll our eyes, but it's important to her.
Speaker 2: And that's what you're focused on.
Speaker 4: Where do people who actually appreciate that?
Speaker 1: I don't like it, But if it's your thing, then it's your thing. Hold that saying, Cameron is one of them? What's up Cameron? You want to say?
Speaker 2: Camera?
Speaker 6: So I thoroughly believe that buying a promise ring is better than a necklace?
Speaker 1: Okay? Could you like wearings better than necklaces?
Speaker 8: I did?
Speaker 2: Well say that one more time? Your phone.
Speaker 1: You don't robot mo Now it must be the weather or something. Your phone is crazy.
Speaker 2: Again. I have ever heard what text to you? The better? That's much better.
Speaker 8: Yeah, okay, have you guys ever heard of the necklace curse before?
Speaker 2: No? The necklace curse? That's interesting? What is it? Tell us?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, study to nuts and I want to hear it because that's the first thing Less ever bought me was a necklace.
Speaker 2: What is the what is the necklace curse?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 7: So within like the first year or so of a relationship, if you buy somebody a necklace, your relationship is basically going to sail.
Speaker 2: Oh god, interesting I've had.
Speaker 7: I've had three different boyfriends buy me a necklace within the first like four months, and all of them we've all broken up.
Speaker 1: Wow, Chandon just took off her neck Actually, I take that back.
Speaker 5: He got me the bracelet first and then he got me but he got me the matching necklace for our one year anniversary right over there.
Speaker 2: It was like a couple hours after this. Nivers, You're in the clear. That's an interesting thing, that the necklace. It's a movie called Nicole.
Speaker 1: You were actually calling to say a necklace do you think that's a good idea after the necklace.
Speaker 2: Curse your thoughts.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Was thinking it would be less engagement of feel.
Speaker 3: But maybe earrings or a necklace just just a different type of jewelry.
Speaker 8: Other than a ring.
Speaker 1: See, but is it about the jewelry giving it or is it about the I mean, I know there's like symbolism and stuff. I think there's more symbolism to the ring thing, and that's the that's the deal, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the symbolism is more I feel engagement forever, whereas like maybe a necklace or ear rings would be more of like you know, I'm committing to you.
Speaker 2: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me grab real quick, Angela, Angela, what did you got a promise ring at?
Speaker 2: How old?
Speaker 8: At forty three years old?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: I did forty three year old promise ring. All right, let's talk to somebody. Did you want one or did they just give it to you?
Speaker 8: I did? I just believe it's very chivalrous, and it was and even asked like keV said he was going to ask her or she wanted he was going to ask her to be his girlfriend or something. Most people don't do that anymore either, And there I don't see anything wrong with it. It's it's beautiful. It's exactly what I wanted.
Speaker 1: When he gave you the ring, did he say like, did you know it was a promise ring? Or did you in your gut think, oh my god, I'm getting engaged.
Speaker 8: I was a promise ring. And I mean he went like all out, took me and the kids to dinner, did this whole this whole thing. We videoed it. It was so super cute.
Speaker 4: Okay, Now when you when you get a promise ring that doesn't start a timeline as is like, you know what I mean, because I don't want it to seem like, Okay, you got this promise ring and then you think we're about to get married in the year.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, I don't want to set up.
Speaker 8: I don't think it does. I don't I don't think it does. It was just, you know, kind of a promise to keep the promises, be held accountable and then look forward to the together. It was not a I promise I'm going to marry you in the year. It's just something and it's just something sweet that you can do for the person that you care about and if that's going to make her feel comfortable. Why not?
Speaker 2: You know, where are you guys at now?
Speaker 8: Angela, we're about four years in to be four years.
Speaker 2: In engaged married.
Speaker 8: What are you Nope, just promise, just stating yeah.
Speaker 1: That might actually put it off for a while. I kind of like that. That sounds like a good idea. Hold on, Renee with a question before we wrap this up, Renee, what's your question?
Speaker 8: Yes, by everyone, Well, we heard.
Speaker 2: Part of your comments.
Speaker 6: And and also to breast cancer survivor, but I'm just curious how many promise rings does she have and that she asked us all of her of all the people that she dates. And also, by the way, I also agree with Shannon. I think it's very June now like high school, I mean at most college.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way, that's an interesting question you should ask that. Has anybody ever given you a well, great question. The biggest promise that you could ever give is no breakfast on Saturdays.
Speaker 2: That's a big, big one. That's a good. That's a good. That's a good one. All right,