Speaker 1: This morning, lady, gentlemen, and welcome to video message number twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm like a dog in heat. I woke up yesterday morning with us. Bring us to start later, please, I could never know what the day with us Florida. Listen up. The ratings just came in for last month. We are number one.
Speaker 3: We just grabbed every key demogram super duper.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 3: Way to gondo gay, Yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 4: Tuesday, December twenty third of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Power Trip Morning.
Speaker 4: Joe, Good morning. I'm Corey Cove. That's Sauce. That's Zachary Halverson. Hi, guys, Hey, Corlas. How are you man?
Speaker 2: I'm great? How are you? I'm excellent? Zach How are you? Oh gosh, I've never been better. That's not true. You sound sad?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: Why do I son sad? Are you okay?
Speaker 4: I'm all right, all right, I'm rushed. What if the guys noon to three call you like high energy?
Speaker 2: Halvey?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Of course it makes me laugh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, great, like that bit you laugh at other people's expenses. Yesh, God, it's that chair. Laughing is fun. Yeah, Laughing's great. It's a nice time a year to laugh. What time of year is bad to laugh? Well, January because of the month of January sucks. That's even better. Yeah, good point to laugh to get through it. You know, laughter is the best medicine.
Speaker 2: It is. Yes, And Nike will Yeah. I've been taking Nike on in a while. It's too much.
Speaker 4: Oh, your your Nike will free this year, so I far even when you were sick, yeah, I mean you were throwing up.
Speaker 2: That's not really the kind of sickness that you need. NIQ will for Stay strong, brother, It's the best. Yeah, it is. I I will take it every once in a while. Can ask you a dumb question? Can I ask the room a dumb question? Yeah? Wish Parish was here, he would know this.
Speaker 4: If you've had alcohol problems in the past, do you stay away from niquill.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a good question. That's a good question.
Speaker 4: Do they have a non alcoholic version of I don't think so. Does o'dules have a wait? Does Nicola bruise in it? Well, I mean it's gotta it's gotta have some kind of alcohol content and what I don't know what that is. I mean they make you swipe your ID at Target well, yes, the original and this.
Speaker 2: Is AI, so who knows if this is correct.
Speaker 4: Yes, the original liquid vix ni Quill contained about ten percent alcohol by volume.
Speaker 2: Uh they do off. I didn't know. I guess it does.
Speaker 4: Night Niquill cold and flu nighttime has ten percent alcohol in it. Yeah, let's party. It's my favorite drug of all time. So you definitely don't give that to kids. I mean, what are they those well that pre made cocktails, those like. You're not giving it to kids to get drunk. You're giving it to kids to make them feel better.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I don't know.
Speaker 4: I had Nike Will as a kid. Hell yeah, man, well yeah, well that was the eighties. But yeah, but I also didn't know. I wasn't trying to get drunk. I was trying to get not sick.
Speaker 2: We also played with lead toys back then. Though. You can tell no, yeah, great, now you're never going to give Louis Nike Will. You're going to rob him of this freaking gift. It's the best.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is pretty good. There are times Louis Black said it best. It's the only thing on the planet that tastes red and green.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and when it when it hits and you try and fight it. It's a it's a trip of its own. That is the best window on the planet. I'm sure a lot of people that do drugs chase certain windows. As a Nike will fan. That moment you just described is the best possible feeling now when you drink it, because it's it's not the best tasting thing.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 4: Not when you're dead asleep and you're out for seven hours, right, because you're asleep. The best possible window is the WHOA why I want to watch the end of this game?
Speaker 2: No you don't.
Speaker 4: You want to go and you fight it for like twenty minutes and you're just in la.
Speaker 2: Do a lot of this though, Yeah, swam, Yeah, it's the best. Yeah.
Speaker 4: No night Quill in twenty twenty five for you. No, he's not the Winter Sea in twenty twenty five. No, I only would take like I've taken like they have, like not night quill, but like one of the cold and flu bits, like the honey flavored or whatever.
Speaker 2: I've done that cnos.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've taken that, but no night quill, And I'm off um melatonin as well. I don't take anything at night anymore to go to sleep. I just naturally go to sleep. Must be nice. Yeah, well, I mean I still get up a couple times at night, but I'm trying not to take any of that stuff. According to my Instagram algorithm, it's because of Cortisol's that's why you're getting up in peeing twice a night. What's cortisol, Zach, I don't know. You know everything man, not about doctor stuff. Yeah, not about doctor stuff. Leave the man alone atol. Yeah, I got I've got this, uh, this weird habit that's been plaguing me. Waking up like a half hour before my alarms supposed to go off.
Speaker 2: That's fun.
Speaker 4: And then not going back well I travel, I do, I lay there, and then sometimes I do fall back asleep, and then I wake up like tired as all hell because I've I went back into my maybe not rem sleep, but it's been very it's been bugging me. And then when I don't go back to sleep, then I just kind of sit there and I'm like, why what a wasted time I should be sleeping still? Damn you internal clock. Yeah I do that a lot too. I just get up for no reason, grab a brush and put a little makeup.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sometimes but I don't remember the last time I slept through the night, like went to bed and then woke up to my alarm.
Speaker 2: I don't remember when I did that last. Can you do it tonight? M hm? You woke up before your alarm.
Speaker 4: Woke up at like two thirty I think, and then like mid midnight and then like two thirty and then it stayed up. No, I fell back asleep, but I don't remember like a full night's sleep.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should take melatone or now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I was taking too much of it, and then I was just relying, maybe you're not taking enough of it.
Speaker 2: I was taking like three of them. Take more. How many do you take? Don't worry about it, baby?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Oh boy, your mix of melotonin and monster is a Yeah. That's a combination that should be studied by m from hell.
Speaker 2: Melatonin and monster are playing the fillmore next Tuesday. They're just battling it out every morning. Yeah, that sounds. You're the only person I know that drinks energy drinks at night.
Speaker 4: I don't really do that anymore, but I used to because it doesn't do anything to me. Now, somebody would tell me it disrupts your sleep patterns and it's not good for your sleep quality. All I know is if I had to go to bed at nine o'clock, I could hammer red Buller Monster.
Speaker 2: At eight fifty five and fall asleep like an angel.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. But it doesn't keep me up at all. Yeah, So are you're drinking it for the taste? It's all placebo effects. I don't think it has any effect on me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I.
Speaker 4: Haven't felt I haven't felt the kick of a monster in like fifteen years.
Speaker 2: Well, op the ante don't they have like super Monster? Yeah? But I don't want all the sugar. No, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: I mean I'm gonna die anyway, right with my diet, I'm gonna die either way. I gotta eat something as clean as possible. You gotta stay away from the sugar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't think.
Speaker 4: I'm not trying to tell you how to live because I have about one hundred pounds on you. But like, I don't know if those are good for you even without sugar in him. I mean, didn't the lady tell you to stop drinking him because you were peen blood?
Speaker 2: That was for kidney stones? Oh? Yeah, Well, who cares?
Speaker 4: What year was the Auto Show, though I haven't had Kidney's tones in years, and I peed those things out like a champ. Didn't even feel him. Twenty fifteen or sixteen, I got that stupid ass cam for nothing, penis cam for nothing because I peed him out and it didn't even hurt. I didn't even know they were out. Is that footage on a drop box somewhere? Do you wish you'd watch that?
Speaker 2: No? Isn't that like that? It can't be good footager.
Speaker 4: It's the inside, Yeah, it's the weird part of his penis. Yeah, it's not the fun part. No, it's not mean. I wouldn't watch his inside of his penis? But like, who's would you watch?
Speaker 2: Who's inside of? Isn't this like a double list thing?
Speaker 4: Why would you want to see the inn side of JJ McCarthy's penis.
Speaker 2: It's the inside.
Speaker 4: Gross, and they're all gross. Penises are gross. It's I mean, they're not you. It doesn't sound I wouldn't call it gross. The inside is it's disgusting. It's just a tube right of skin and flesh and blood in your case, have you ever seen a surgical video and been like, oh god, yeah, but I'm curious. I've never seen the inside of a penis before you nailed it, Sauce. This is like double list. Yeah, this is some weird sounding nonsense. Yeah, this is some kind of message board, can't. Yeah, watching surgery. That is probably is somewhere. I'm sure there's a there's a reddit. There's a subreddit for it. There's a subreddit for everything.
Speaker 2: Go watch a colonoscopy, then you psycho.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Oh, why is that gross?
Speaker 2: It's the inside. It's literally a tube. Yes, it's a poop tube.
Speaker 4: Pop Tue titled the podcast a lot less pink and more brown than God. No me take a lap, no, because I've heard when you get one of those, you literally flush everything out of your body.
Speaker 2: It's as clean as a bung teaser as you'll see.
Speaker 4: Actually, I wonder how many people package that deal up after you know, they get done with the kolonoscopy and then just.
Speaker 2: Tommy.
Speaker 4: Well, I was gonna say, wait until Tommy's forty five, and we'll find out to Tommy's getting one early, just just to be sure, you know, I'm I turned forty five, what's seven months ago? I haven't done it yet. I know you're supposed to win you're forty five. Yeah, I get your bung teaser looked at. Well, now I'm afraid Zach's gonna want to pay me for the video. Gross, you're gonna pass out. Look at Johnny Bones. I think I think they dope you up so much. Anyways, I don't even I don't feel it. Oh, I bet Bonye you've coused bonuses head of colonoscopy.
Speaker 2: Of course. Did they dope you up? Yeah? Yeah, yeah, they doped me up? Yeah, pretty good, not fun.
Speaker 5: I don't know if it was officially a column ask of me there some guy in an alley that's.
Speaker 4: Right back talking about alike and then what happens in Costa Rica?
Speaker 2: Stay in. This is why you go to the GM meetings. Hey, we got a lot to ask you about that. You are you a Nike Will fan? We were just a lamentum. I'm not a Nike Weill fan at all. Uh Do I work with idiots? What's going on here? Guys are missing out? I guess so.
Speaker 5: Uh So I read this thing yesterday with you know, I hate passing along stuff that's just blatantly false. And I have not fact checked this, but I meant to because I found it like, it's made sense to me that four sort of the invention of electric light where which allowed us to like stay up that night. It was so natural, it was very natural. The natural sleep patterns for most people, and it's referred to a lot in literature and such was a first sleep and a second sleep, with a quiet hour in between. You'd go to bed pretty early because it got dark, yeah, four o'clock here, thirty here, right, and then you'd sleep for like five six hours, and then you have like an hour or so of quiet time that people talked about like as a thing that everybody knew happened. You would just be awake for like an hour in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: Maybe get up and watch the office or something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, maybe read a book by candlelight, or talking some of your thoughts or you know, conceive children these you know, you'd find something to do for that hour, little midnight delight maybe potentially, I mean you're both just sitting there, you know, and then you would have a second sleep. And that The reason that struck me is like that seems to be kind of what I'm experiencing right now.
Speaker 2: That struck me as.
Speaker 5: It made some sense with sort of what I'm feeling right now, and what changed it is the electric light and then sort of like you know, the eight hour work day and you know these things that's sort of you know, you've got to be up by seven am to start your shift or six am to start your shift. Therefore you can't really have like yeah, and you in your uptil ten because you've got lights. So now you've got to try and pack it all into one time. But you're but they have found that natural body rhythms do kind of end up doing that, and I'm finding myself i'd happened to me not last night, Well, it kind of happened to me last night, and it happened to me the night before that as well, where I woke up about two thirty in part because I had to take the dog out and I could not I did not want to go back to my body just did not want to go back to sleep.
Speaker 2: I took the hour and I got up and I planned a little bit.
Speaker 5: My next day, and then I went back to bed and I slept till seven thirty or eight o'clock and got going.
Speaker 4: So if we have seen the decline or maybe even the elimination of this double sleep. Then nobody gave that memo to Mark Parrish. No, this one still fully rated it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not one.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe maybe Mike Mark has it right. He's got that quiet hour built in in the middle of the night. Anyway, you've got a quiet like five hours. Yeah, correct, you might all want to fact check that. I don't know if that's super but it makes sense to me. The other thing that makes sense to me, and this is something that was definitely clear when I was younger, was when I was younger, I was working a job at Big Boy as a line cook, and I had mornings, so I would have or prep and so I would have to do about this. It was the Big Boy where now it's uh where it's basically France and across the street from Southdale.
Speaker 2: Was there Big Boys in Minneapolis? Oh yeah, there's a big one by the air. I mean, guys, I'm much older than you. You're not any two years old, You're.
Speaker 4: Like fifteen years older than me. This is the early fifty what fifty eight, fifty eight, you're thirteen years older than me. Yeah, I worked at sixty years.
Speaker 5: I was nineteen eighty three or nineteen eighty four to nineteen eighty I worked at a Big Boy.
Speaker 4: How many Big Boys approximately were there in Minneapolis Twin cities at that time?
Speaker 2: I think they already started closing. I think there were like four or five am I've never seen one in Wait, wasn't there one in Monticello? Maybe? No idea? I think there was.
Speaker 5: There was definitely one where what is it France On? Tavern On France, A tavern On France and that's right across the from South.
Speaker 4: Dale and Sasso get this in a half a second. I don't know if the rest of you will. Sasso get this in a half a second. I didn't even know what big Boy was until Awesome Powers. You got it Awesome Powers. So the Austin Powers reference I had. I'd never heard of big Boy before.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Interesting. So you were a lion cook at Big Boy. I was a line cook at Big Boy. I was a preping line cook at Big Boy.
Speaker 5: And on weekends, you know, I'd be out till I was, you know, eighteen, nineteen twenty years old. I'd be out till one am, and then i'd have to be working at five point thirty in the morning. And what I found out is that I could do that if I got like a two hour nap after my shift in because my shift would be over by like two o'clock. You start like five thirty in the morning, be over by like two o'clock. So, and I've heard Edison was into that too. Like Edison would be like, oh, he only needs like three four hours sleep hours of sleep at night, and then you'd be like, you know, just get me a good one hour nap. I love the power Nap. So I don't know, And I think I would assume Power Trip morning hosts or morning hosts, radio morning hosts in general are subscribers to you don't need that much sleep provided you get a good nap, you guys.
Speaker 4: Yes, So historically, in the history of the Power Trip Morning Show, I bet I've averaged something like four to five hours.
Speaker 2: A night, two hours during the day. Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 4: However, every study we've ever heard done, everything we've ever read about, is that that's a disastrous formula that you got to get seven to eight hours consecutively, splitting it up into chunks. Well, I'm just saying I I think we're slowly killing ourselves doing it the way that we're doing it.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's great but it's the only way we know how to do it. Corey. We're all slowly killing ourselves. Yeah, it is the coffee, all right.
Speaker 4: John Bonus is here for the first time in weeks. Marni Geller will be here later. This is the Power Trip Morning, Joe on the Fan. Make your season bright with today's Talkback Tuesday on the Fan, Open Cafe and on the iHeartRadio, ap at the Red Mic, and in thirty seconds for last tell Us which Viking has been the biggest gift to the team this year. Winners will be selected all day. Get the details of cafean dot com keyword contests. Welcome back to the Power Trip Morning, Jo, John Bones for the first time in weeks. Welcome back. You went to the Winter Meetings, correct, yep? And that was where Florida or Orlando, and then you spent a handful of days who knows four or five, six, seven days?
Speaker 2: And I just wanted to stay six to seven in case the kids are listening at five fifty two.
Speaker 4: In the morning, Costa Rica. But let's go back to the Winter meetings. What'd you do, who'd you meet? Who'd you slap on the back? Was gleaming?
Speaker 6: There?
Speaker 2: You know, the standard questions.
Speaker 5: It was most most of the beat writers. Gleaman was not there for this one. Dan Hayes covered it for The Athletic Aaron it was my first Winter meetings.
Speaker 2: It was interesting.
Speaker 5: I mean it was interesting in how much how much opportunity you have to different talk to different managers across the across Major League Baseball. And it was also interesting to sign kind of get a sense of, you know, the activity that can take place over three full days in say the general manager suite, you know where you know. We ended up sitting down with Derek Falley, I don't know, two times, I think for probably forty five minutes each, both to kind of get a scent of how he viewed the team, what he thought he was gonna be able to do during the offseason, but also get a sense of like what do you do when you're meeting with an agent, what does it look like. One of the things he said, which I didn't think about, was you know, they'll have they'll have, you know, an agency come to the suite to talk about you know, various free agents. But it's not just a single agent, like there's an agency has several agents underneath it and they all represent a couple of different players and so on, so you've got a route. One of the questions is like, do we have enough chairs in this room in our hotel room to fit all of the agents that are are with this agency. And you know, they have sort of general discussions, but some some more specific discussions, and I think we got a sense that during the meetings we started in the general managers meetings, but then we got a much further clear idea in the winter meetings that they have they have enough money budgeted that they were not going to trade away Ryan and or both As and or Buxton for that matter. And then they went out and signed Josh Bell three days later to a seven million dollar contract, which is a little cheaper than we thought we were going to be able to get Josh belfor of at least that I thought they were gonna be able to get Josh belfo and be a little better hitter than I thought they were going to be in the ending up adding to the lineup this offseason. So and you definitely got a sense that that was a possibility, or they sensed that that was a possibility during the during the winter meetings by by talking to them, So it was great.
Speaker 2: It was it was very busy. It was a little more work and a little less networking than I expected to.
Speaker 5: Be because I had little less fun And you thought, Yeah, what I would say is I think I probably need to rearrange my personal schedule so I'm spending more time networking than I am.
Speaker 2: With Dan Hayes. Then we.
Speaker 5: Potentially Dan Hayes or State of had some trinks with Bobby Nangell went to Epcot with Betsy healthand it was nice. Yeah, she's great, but I mean specifically, more of the national writers that I don't get to see on a regular basis probably should spend more time doing that than setting and transcribing and that sort of thing.
Speaker 4: Zachary, Yes, sir, of course Bonus went to app Yeah, drink around the world. How many times on so I go to Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios of the Magic Kingdom.
Speaker 2: Of course Bonus goes straight to Appcot.
Speaker 5: I will tell you the highlight of Epcot though, to me, was the Guardians of the Galaxy.
Speaker 2: It is awesome. It is really well done. It's not super scary.
Speaker 5: Or something, but it's disorienting and you do feel and it's got a great soundtrack, as you'd expect for the Guardians of the Galaxy, right, And it's just it's just a very fun ride.
Speaker 2: You know, that's not you will you know it's not. It's not the big thrill that is.
Speaker 5: And there's a little different vibe when you're sort of going, you know, rocking around through space and your car is not necessarily facing the direction you're going, like, you're not going in the right direction.
Speaker 4: You're kind of drifting around a little bit. It's cool, It's cool, all right. So here's the main Twins question. While you were gone, we switched leads from Joe Pohlad to Tom Pohlad. Is this like switching from Meet Sauce Paul Lambert to Dove Lambert? Or is this like switching from Meet Sauce Paul Lambert to Elon Musk.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, Like, I think it is more. I think the last name counts more than the first name, if that's your question. So we're just staying in the Lambert family. Yeah, I mean we'll see. I mean we'll see whether.
Speaker 5: The leadership of the team, of the ownership group. I mean, I don't think it means that they're going to be doing anything different in terms of budget, which is whatever, ultimately, I mean ultimately ultimately is going to drive a lot of the success or failure of this team, or certainly in the past and as recently as two tenty twenty three, their decision after they had won a couple of playoff games to cut the budget by thirty to forty million dollars was, you know, is why we are here, why the fan base no longer trust the pole Ads, or I mean, not that they ever really trusted the pole Eds, but you know, distrust them that much more at this point. And I can assure you that decision was not made by Joe pole D on an island outside of the rest of the pole D family, on the pole D family interests, which by the way, Tom Tom pohl Ed was the CEO of during that time.
Speaker 4: Right, So.
Speaker 2: Is Tom young, younger or older than older than Joe? I think? Yeah, I think you're correct.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So is that going to be a different Well, now, what will be different is perhaps the communication or at least Tom think and perhaps sort of the leadership at that level. But you know that leadership only matters to the extent that you you know, if you say they didn't have good leaders at that level. I actually think they have pretty good recently leaders already below that level. I think, you know, Dave Saint Peter has done a is a very detail oriented guide. You know, certainly there could be differences in how things are done there. And I think Derek Falvey is competent and does a decent job of communicating what it is they're doing and why they're doing it. So I don't know that that particular skill that he seems to have better down better than Joe is going to help that much more. It seems a redundant skill to some extent, but I mean, we'll see. I think it does change the dynamics a little bit at the top. I you know, Tom Polett doesn't have the history with Derek Falley that Joe Pollett had. Uh And so I'm not sure, you know, Fallvey's job is as safe as it was a month ago.
Speaker 2: But I also don't know how.
Speaker 5: Safe fall They's job was given that they've had two three down years in a row, and you know they've already fired their manager and they fired the hitting coach the year before that. I mean, that's the sort of thing that goes up the ladder, you know where people get on the hot seats as the insulation beleave them sort of deteriorates.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, we'll see.
Speaker 5: I don't expect it to be any significant change in that, which is the primary criticism of the pole Ads, which is they don't invest in the team, especially in this particular case when it was time to invest in the team.
Speaker 4: So when you go to the Winter Medians and you got a whole bunch of beat writers and the pole Ads are obviously not well liked in the Twins that he's from a sports perspective, well said, the front office of the Twins is down there. Is it one of those like, hey guys, here's some donuts, here's some couples massages, you have access to the penthouse? Is it? Basically they whine and dine you so you don't rip the hell out of them for the next twelve months.
Speaker 5: That is absolutely not what happened, then, hand you the they do that, they should do that.
Speaker 4: They should bro you know, like subtly bribe the hell out of all of you. Hey your room, you want cheese kurts? Yeah? Right? Oh?
Speaker 2: Thanks?
Speaker 4: Everybody want to anybody want to sudsy HJ.
Speaker 2: I'll need to get a sy HJ. While you were down there, did not though, Man, you did not do right and not? Uh yeah, which the world is that at? By the way, I have a college, but it's probably not a stands for experimental.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: There is a league wide. Every team has a manager. Breakfast with the manager. Oh that you it's a decent, decent hotel breakfast. It sounds like it's a kids summer camp. Honestly, Breakfast with the manager. You fill up a table of ted or something, and there's the Beat reporters and a couple of people from the Pure staff and Derek Shelton, who you guys have met.
Speaker 4: He was great, He's awesome. Uh do you guys have waffles? But yeah, the son of a bitch. I don't know if affle or pancakes. I can't remember if it was the pancakes, I mean pancakes. Derek seems like a kind of guy that wants a good waffle.
Speaker 5: But the problem I would say that that is the last thing from a you know, subtle bribe, because nobody wants to be up at eight am after the night before at the winter meetings, when everybody's at the bar until you know two am.
Speaker 2: So that's actually feels more like a punishment for all involved. That would be a great that's a great metaphor.
Speaker 4: If all the Twins beat writers show up and Derek Shelton's there with a couple of soggy flat pancakes, don't talk about that, and you go to the you go to the Mets Winter meetings and they have just heaps of Belgian waffles, layer and powdered sugar and syrup.
Speaker 2: You go, well, god dang it, it's Twins even cheap on breakfast.
Speaker 5: It's all in the same ballroom, it's all the same food. But that would be an interesting change. We were thinking about what we really and here's the thing that we all know. Nothing is going to happen for the Twins at the Winter meetings. Don't the Twins don't make moves that that means you're going there just for.
Speaker 2: The breakfast, and the right off he's going to jail.
Speaker 5: Our point is that, you know, we should have the winter meetings where like the Mets get to go and the Yankees get to go to the Red Sacks and the Dodgers the Blue Jays of Sun and then we need like the early spring meetings, something like late January where the mid tier and lower chier market all show up, where we go through that which has been picked over on the shelves.
Speaker 2: And go and go.
Speaker 4: You know, hey, you know it's like the Nerds too, where the alphabet has stayed at the nice Hotel downtown and the Nerds stayed at the Hotel Coral, Essex exactly, and the Twins are at the Hotel Coral. Mets and Yankees offer Manny's breakfast, the Twins offer Perkins.
Speaker 2: Nothing wrong with get just to get.
Speaker 5: There was a divider between the in the ball rooms, the cool kids table.
Speaker 4: We'll do front paid sports in a second. We'll talk, we'll talk Coast Arica later. I want to see if you thought it was worth your time or now I'm sure it was not not worth your time front page Sports in a second. Though, this is the power to Morning Joe and the fans. Minnesota, the state of hockey, host the world this winter. A twenty twenty six IHF World Juniors brings the best young talent from across the globe to our backyard. Be part of the celebration. Get your tickets out, m and Sports and events dot Orgon. By the way, I was looking at Wednesday. Wednesday's upper thirties. Today is only upper twenties. So got you away off. You might still want to wear that code of yours. I'm going to John Bonus, Mike Grim, My Grim, John Bonus, Hello, Mike Grim, Sauce Sauce, Mi Grim, Hi, Hi Grim, How are you good?
Speaker 2: Good? Did you get to go to a let me go? Yeah? Yeah, I'll be there. The team is. The team went Sunday.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna head out on Christmas Eve night driving. I'm gonna hop in the family truckster headst Yes.
Speaker 2: Great, it's a drive to Arizona.
Speaker 4: Twenty something, good question, twenty plus, I bet yeah, ask little b oh yeah, a good point driving She had to Oh did she years ago? Yeah, I'm gonna say twenty three hours.
Speaker 2: That's my twenty three I will go. I will take the over on, then I'll take the under.
Speaker 4: It's this place called It's seventeen one hundred miles to Scottsdale, so roughly twenty six and a half hours over was it?
Speaker 2: You? Old got his love gambling the West is further thanks. You get to go through any good cities on the way drive. I did not go down to Arizona A Yeah, what was your drive again? Philly to la oh Man?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did you go through Saint Louis Just just yeah, kinda technically he went through Charlotte.
Speaker 2: That's a weird way, hey man. It was his trip. Yeah, Church toown. Remember the chart challenge? Yeah, we should bring that back. Remember the year that I wanted and then Chris suggested that we stopped doing it. We should do it again. It's fun.
Speaker 4: I love the chart challenge. And part of it was he moved and we didn't want him on it, like five thirty in the morning. But yeah, we should do it. We could do it at like eight forty on a Thursday.
Speaker 2: Who knows? You should do it this week? Just a one off? Oh god? I love undertake All. I love the church. I love the sweat of it. It's fun. You love sweating. Let's do a front page sports, Let's learn about stats and stuff? Ready, yes, hold on, give me a second.
Speaker 4: Gosh Sports presented by Holiday Stations. Holiday Station stores by two get one free. When it comes to Red Bull mixing Matiney flavors you want, including that new winter edition Apple Spectacular.
Speaker 2: I had it a couple of weeks ago. But you don't have to have that. You can you can mix it matiney flavors of red Bull. You wanted holiday, Thanks Holiday.
Speaker 4: I was there yesterday, So was I because I was buying Powerball tickets and no one won. So I'll back in the next one point seven yeah, one point seven plus for tomorrow point seven billion billion?
Speaker 2: Would it be? Oh wait, moly, hey jump on this. Yeah, cash, Charlie bucket. You gotta buy a ticket, yeah, mack go, Oh no, I'm absolutely, I'm all. You know me.
Speaker 5: I like my theory is I wanted I want to do. I want to them with like fifty friends. I want to I want to win with like ten friends.
Speaker 2: I want us all to have just a crapload of money, because it'd be much more fun to live that lifestyle with like ten ten of your friends than it would be to just live a life.
Speaker 4: All right, well, then do this, do this when win it yourself and just give us and split it between like the ten members.
Speaker 2: Of the power morning check. Good point. Do you take the tax hit, we take the cash? Okay, all right?
Speaker 4: Could I seven hundred and eighty one point three million is the cash value?
Speaker 2: So you could do some damage with that. About four hundred million after taxes. I'll take it. Everybody gets it's forty everybody happy about that?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, sure, it's way too much for Marnie and Musk, but the rest of us, they're out and hawk and I'd go to the scene, daddy. All right, let's do a front page sports. Here's the deal, sauce. When when Rock Party throws an interception, normally you go to Twitter and post a picture of Forrest Gump waving. Let's tweeting at me.
Speaker 2: I get it. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: Last night Rock Purty threw five touchdowns. The Niners were winners forty eight to twenty seven over the Colts. His one interception was a pass that went high, but it hit Juwan Jennings in the hands and then popped up in the air and Cambine and picked it off.
Speaker 2: So our guy not a great throw, but it's not his fault. It hit him in the hands.
Speaker 4: Yeah you got anyways, So Brock Purty throws a career high five touchdowns. It goes for two hundred and ninety five yards. The San Francisco forty nine Ers have won five straight games. They are eleven and four sneakily. I mentioned this like a week or two ago, that nobody's talking about the Niners. If they win their last two games, and now it is the Bears and the Seahawks, both great records. Yeah, if they win their last two games, the Niners are the number one seed in the NFCS.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So they have snuck up on everybody. They didn't punt for the second straight game. That's the first time they've done that in like seventy five years the Niners.
Speaker 2: Something like that. I don't think they've punted in December. Maybe they had a buye. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They've also scored in twenty three straight quarters. That's their longest streak since nineteen ninety five. Here's a stat for you non party fans. Okay, I think the Niners have had a couple of decent quarterbacks in their history.
Speaker 2: Correct, Yeah, very good. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Elite Rock Party is the first Niners quarterback ever to throw five touchdowns on Monday Night Football. He's also the first Niner quarterback of any kind to throw five or more touchdowns in any game since Steve Young threw six in Super Bowl twenty nine. Geez monster, good, Now here's the deal. Rock Party. Fifth in the NFL in quarterback rating one O two point one. He's fifth because that's what he does. So they play a lot of country, basic sauce. You can do this.
Speaker 2: And I'm bringing this up for two reasons. Number one because again I just think he's very, very good.
Speaker 4: And by the way, not only is he good, man, every story about perty what a good freaking dude. Yes, man, everybody loves him. He sounds like the nicest kid of all time. And I should say, I don't know if kid. He's probably like twenty seven.
Speaker 6: Now it doesn't matter, noye the twenty five, the wave, there was no no, I'm getting the I'm getting your that's gonna pay.
Speaker 4: Off in a second. Let's let's get to this first. So he has a one o two point one passer rating. He's fifth. Name the four quarterbacks above him, and again there's a reason I'm bringing this up as well. Stafford Stafford is number one. Allen Josh Allen is number four, slightly ahead of Brock Purty. Drake May is third. And I'm glad this is the one you're forgetting. And that's exactly why I was going to bring this up. Let me say it like this, the guy that's second over Now I shouldn't say Overwhelman very likely to not make the playoffs, and he has thrown thirty two touchdowns and five interceptions and his team is not going to probably make the postseason. Think about that for a second. Thirty two and five, thirty two touchdowns, five picks. Jared Goss, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Isn't that?
Speaker 4: Is that the best stat line in the history of football for a team that hasn't made the postseason? Thirty two and five that should be a guaranteed playoff spots. If you have a yeah, you know six and how they've changed to one touchdown interception ratio, Well, they're really banging up.
Speaker 2: Seven like the Vikings beat them. They're both Vikings might end up with a third place schedule.
Speaker 4: Yea. He throws sixty eight point six percent completion percent, and that's fantastic, right anything nipping seventy is outstanding. A one oh nine point four passer writing second in the NFL, thirty two touchdowns, five picks, and it looks like they're going to come up short.
Speaker 2: That's freaking nuts. That's Day's number two. You said in that two behind Matt Stafford.
Speaker 4: Stafford has forty touchdowns, five interceptions.
Speaker 2: Stafford's incredible, and that's freaking nuts. Yeah, that's insane. And he's here in two days.
Speaker 4: Speaking of which, now here's here's why I brought up the Brock Party Forrest Gump waving. Yeah. Yeah, So it just so happens that the night that Brock Party, on Monday night, football throws five touchdowns and does all these things.
Speaker 2: And he just looked spectacular. He was so good last night.
Speaker 4: I go to Twitter, and I'm like, I wonder what Sauce is saying on Twitter when party's lighting this place up.
Speaker 2: Sauce really only tweeted once last night.
Speaker 4: Oh god, ten hours ago, he tweeted, the Holiday is a top three Christmas movie ever? Yeah, it is. We watch We watched that, and then we watched because we started it. We were downstairs and doing some Santa Claus things. You know, Louis doesn't understand what you're saying if you tell him other Yeah, no, I don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not it won't be. It will still be a surprise to him.
Speaker 4: No. I was putting something together right in front of him, right, yeah, No, I was putting together one of those little Tykes cars. Yeah, and uh a little frustrating. I'm not good when I can't do something right away. But my wife, my wife put the holiday on and.
Speaker 2: We end upsing it.
Speaker 4: It's Jack Black, Cameron Diaz, the lady that wouldn't Jack on the Uh that lady and then uh, the really attractive English.
Speaker 2: Dude Law.
Speaker 4: And uh, good show, you said, Yeah great, it's it's just about Uh. Cameron Diaz has a ton of money and she does she rights, makes trailers, and this guy breaks She breaks up with this guy and wants to get away, so she moves with Kate Winslet, who was in England and also breaks up with the guy, so they kind of switch spots. Kate Winslet comes to l A, Cameron Diaz goes to London or England or wherever. And then Cameron Diaz falls in love with you Grant because Hugh Grant your Jude Law. Thank you moment, Jude Law shows up at her door hammered, as Tommy would say. Dream scenario, and then uh, Kate Winslett falls in love with Jack Black.
Speaker 2: It makes sense. It's a great film. I love it.
Speaker 4: I have a suggestion. Now you don't have to do what I say. It's your social media account. Yeah, you know, I'm not your boss. It might be your conscious a little bit. I'm a little bit like your degenerate Jimminy Cricket control more of me than you know, That's what I mean. Yeah, I think it's the other way around. I think I control more of you than you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I think. I said exactly. Yeah, yeah, So I have a suggestion.
Speaker 4: Yeah, every time Perty has a bad game or blows it or throws a bad pick, the gump wave is still on. Okay, but even next year, like in September, if Party has a terrible game, or sorry, other way around, if he has an awesome game, if he's just lighting it up, just tweet about holiday. Okay, it just he clearly wasn't watching the game. It's just The Holiday is a top three Christmas movie of all time.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. It's so obvious he wasn't watching Brockport light it up that he had to tweet about the holiday.
Speaker 4: So I think it'd be funny if next September per he throws four or five touchdowns.
Speaker 2: It's just I can't wait to watch The Holiday. Yeah, I love lost great. So what are your other top two?
Speaker 4: If This is top good Christmas Vacation and probably the two home alone movies together.
Speaker 2: What about Elf? ELF's fine Elf A two behind Christmas Vacation.
Speaker 4: Christmas Vacation was on last Yeah, standing, it's a great one hundred melody.
Speaker 2: Where do you stand on a Christmas story?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: Which one is that? That's the one with you know, shoot your eye out?
Speaker 4: Mediocre medieval Yea, it's the worst movie it's ever been produced. Crazy, that's terrible, but it's a wonderful life. I've never seen that. Yeah, I got like a half hour, I got two. Yeah, that's boring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Tommy and hogs Daddy loved that. Yeah, it's a classic.
Speaker 4: It's it's very long, friction on right, but it's definitely something you should commit to watching at least once in your life Christmas.
Speaker 2: That's where he sticks his tongue on the pole exactly. It's it's okay. No, it's probably overrated. Yes, what do you think, Corey? I think it's fine. I like it. I don't love it, but I don't hate it like sausage. I agree. I'm with you. It's terrible.
Speaker 4: Diehard, Diehard. I don't think i've ever seen the first one. It's the best one and it's not even close. That is a terrific movie. Yeah, holds up to I'm too busy watching The Holiday and being called very horrible things on the internet.
Speaker 2: For watching the Holly.
Speaker 4: You've never seen we practice, Yeah, let's practice. The Niners won last night forty eight twenty seven brock pretty two hundred ninety five yards and five touchdowns. That's a career high. The Holiday is a top three Christmas movie of all time. What really matters is next scores and stats around the world of sports. We'll talk to Mike Grim a little bit about the Gopher Bowl game, which is just three days away. We can still talk to Bonus about Costa Rica Marty later. This is the Power Trim Morning Show on the Fan.
Speaker 2: You know the Fan.
Speaker 4: It's a special holiday edition of The Feast of this Week. Join Pa Nordo and Alex Lotis Lewis tomorrow at Buffalo Wild Wings in Roosevelt's. They get you ready for a Christmas Day battle with the Lions, plus great eats and your shot at prizes all morning long. Doors open at eight am tomorrow. All the details at KFN dot com. Keyword calendar all right, let's see what really matters scores and stats around the world of sports. In between, Sasso, change your life with something else. My Grim is here, John Bonus is here. Marty Gellman will be here in like thirty minutes. The Minnesota Wild host the Nashville Predators said it at seven o'clock. The Wild lost five one of the Avalanche on Sunday. Can't blame him. The Avalanche the best team in hockey. That's nap Day seven game win streak for the Wild. The Wild hour twenty two to ten and five only if she's five three. Nashville fifteen sixteen and four head coach Andrew Burnett remember him, huh oh yeah, I want to do I want Zach to go last. I want Sauce to go first. What is he Tommy, Oh, Sauce, you go first? Sure, we'll go Sauce, Grim, Bonus, Zach. Okay, everybody can guess. The Wild host the Nashville Predators tonight.
Speaker 2: The Nashville Predators.
Speaker 4: Did they start playing hockey in the National Hockey League the same year before or after the Minnesota Wild?
Speaker 2: Same before or after? I think it's the same. I'm gonna say the same.
Speaker 4: Grim after after, bonus after, so same.
Speaker 2: After, Zachary.
Speaker 4: I know this because I remember being a hockey fan and I was like, I must have been four or five years old, and I didn't have a hockey team to be a fan of yet, because the Wild hadn't weren't in existence of two thousand.
Speaker 2: So I would say.
Speaker 4: Nashville was before the Wild probably ninety six, ninety seven, ninety eight.
Speaker 2: Wowchus.
Speaker 4: So if I have it right, I believe there were like the three or four teams that were announced at.
Speaker 2: The same time.
Speaker 4: It was like Columbus, Minnesota, Nashville, and I feel like there's one other one doesn't matter, Phoenix and or maybe even Atlanta.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: And Nashville was the first one that was ready, like had a stadium ready, had an arena ready. So they were the first ones to get the green light, and they started in nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 2: The Wild started in two thousand. Yeah as a kid, I love the Predators. Wow, well, said I bet you're on an island. Yeah, very well, said Zachis. What really matters, though, is this.
Speaker 4: There are some Christmas movie facts from people dot Com, great website.
Speaker 2: You love people.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 4: My mom's been getting it since the concepts not generally you like people. No, you're a people, get like about five people, you know, Soiling Green is still people. They told us they were going to change their recipe, but it's still people. Isn't that the bad guy in conne Air, No, that's Cyrus the Virus. No, who's the guy Buscemi plays. Isn't it Silent Green? No, it's something like that. Malcolvich was Cyrus the Virus? Right, that's a great film. No, yeah he was Holidays. Yeah, great holiday Christmas film. They land in Las Vegas, they sure do.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Did you see in the theater? Because I did? Probably it's great. I absolutely saw that. It is weird. I've seen conne Or.
Speaker 4: I think I've seen conye Are once, which is crazy because I believe I've seen Gone in sixty Seconds about nine hundred times, so good. I've seen National Treasure of course five hundred times. I've I've seen The Rock probably seven hundred and sixties two times, and then the movie.
Speaker 2: Then I saw Connor once. Don't like it. I thought it was very okay, Ghost Riders terrible.
Speaker 4: Gone in sixty Seconds is so me though, because it is like the miniature version of a heist. Yeah, it's heisting fifty cars, right, It's boosting fifty cars in twenty four hours, and that requires.
Speaker 2: Planning, coordination, A black light, stealth, a black light I have. I'm Max today.
Speaker 4: Max by the way, at six thirty two on Tuesday, December twenty third, the first words out of Max's mouth flesh light gotten to make a grand age? Is that is your debut single today? Just top r A flesh light gone sixty seconds is outstanding except for the fact that the biggest car thief in America rolls back into town and all of a sudden, cars go missy and then they don't.
Speaker 2: Know who's doing it.
Speaker 4: Hey man, But you got to prove it. You got to catch him in the act. Yeah, that's how the system works. You can't just say this. Remember the guy rolls up and he goes, I don't know the man, this feels like Memphis Rains to me. He said, it felt like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Great. Got to prove it, though, man, I love that movie. Fantastic.
Speaker 4: In the Muppet Christmas Carol great film, the flowing look of the Ghost of Christmas Past was achieved by submerging the puppet in a water tank.
Speaker 2: Makes sense. I've never seen it all the way through, and I freaking love the Muppet You should watch it. You should see it. I probably should.
Speaker 5: Kane plays it straight, yeah, which is what was probably the coolest thing about it, Like, yeah.
Speaker 4: He plays it like he's on a in an unstage Shakespeare right right, and then the Muppets there's no little weak there's.
Speaker 5: No little you know, side eye. It's it's he's playing it straight.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: You look at Gonzo like you're Daniel day Lewis, like we're doing this for real. That's smart. I love it, man. I wish Michael Caine was here right here in the studio. Yeah. Great, case off the next four days, though.
Speaker 4: The Kansas City Chiefs are moving in twenty what is it thirty one, twenty twenty thirty one to a three billion dollars domed stadium that will be in Kansas, not Missouri. They are also building a new practice facility in a KC suburb that is also in Kansas.
Speaker 2: Interesting. So if the Bears move to.
Speaker 4: Indiana or wherever the hell they move, right, we've heard that would be a dome stadium. Kansas City is going to be a dome stadium. I'm eventually going to get my wish. Yeah, I'm a grim. I'm in the minority. Yeah, I specifically in the playoffs. I don't like when the biggest games are on the line all of a sudden, it's a slip and slide elements, Right, when the elements eliminate an edge in the randomness of slipping and not catching a ball because your hands are numb, It's like, well, but the skill of this team is now negated. It's not.
Speaker 2: I I know I'm in the I think vast minority, right.
Speaker 4: I think most football fans love the elements, love the wind, love the snow. I like the best teams on fair equal turf without getting rained wind snow, I hate it. I like indoor games, so bring it on. Yeah, more dome stadiums. I wonder what that means.
Speaker 5: But for the Kansas City Royals, because Kansasity Royals have been looking for a new stadium for a while, trying to get a deal done. They are part of the same complex as the Kansas City Chiefs, the place they share the same parking lot, et cetera. I think part of the reason that you didn't have to get the Royals stadium was because you had. Well, you guys are all you guys have your own area there, like you know now that the Chiefs are moving out of there and the Royals, and the Royals have been lobbying for a new been that's why we don't like them. They've been lobbying for a new stadium for a while to the point where that's it's perceived that's why they have spent money. I'm like Bobby wit Junior and a coupletown right, I think, yeah, they were trying to move it down downtown. I'm just wondering if there's a sort of Okay, we got to take care of we got to take care of the Royals now that the Chiefs have been taken care of aspect of this, So that.
Speaker 4: Would be to want to be like in Kansas City, Kansas. So they'll still yeah, right across the Kansas City Chiefs. Outside of Missouri and Kansas. If you asked most of America what state is Kansas City, and I think a lot of people would just dress Kansas. So it wasn't that after they won their first Super Bowl, it was like when Trump was running, Trump said something like, congratulations to everybody in Kansas.
Speaker 2: You're getting emails. Oh no, I don't care either way. I'm just stating a fact.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter. If you don't care, you get an emails. The president didn't know, so yeah, now you're really getting emails, sauce. No, what was the name of the car Nick Cage loved in Gone in sixty seconds? Well, nickname, it was a It was a Shelby something Coop and he called it eleanor knew. I liked you, man, dude, I've seen that movie a million times. Ord manh yeah, because something always went wrong. You always had a hard time boosting it. Yeah, it's a sweet car. I would buy one of those if I do.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I spend money on other things. Steelers wide receiver DK metca Wait is it your turn? It's your turn?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What really matters is this? Well? Here do that one. I got an update on that. Do the DK Mekay.
Speaker 4: Steelers wide receiver DK Metcalfs suspended two games for punching a fan in Ford Field on Sunday. The fans using a slur. Yeah, yeah, it was more of a slap. It was like it was like a It was a He didn't push with a fist. He missed, he missed, he missed. But like I said yesterday, I don't even know what this guy says. I'm on DK's side. Ye, DK shoul get suspended. You can't punch fans, but I guarantee you I hate the fan more than I hate DK.
Speaker 2: If he said what he allegedly said, burn him alive.
Speaker 4: What did he allegedly say? I think he allegedly right. I think it was the N word. And then I think he's a a sea word too. We he called his mom the seawell. Well, he is denying using a slur, but of course he is. But yeah, but if that's the case, If that's the case, knock his jaw off like Jake Paul. Yes, but I told you, without even knowing the situation, the fan is the douchebag in this situation.
Speaker 2: I promise you that guy sucks. Yeah, the twos wearing blue hair. That should tell you.
Speaker 4: The two game suspension for Steelers wide receiver DK Metcalf could be costly if upheld. Based on his contract, the suspension would void not just the rest of his salary for this season this is from me and Rappaport, but forty five million in future guarantees twenty five million fully guaranteed next season and twenty million guaranteed for injury in twenty twenty seven. So you know, again there's a lot of dott and of viz and crossing of t's there. If if DK really heard all of that stuff that truly was said, and I don't.
Speaker 2: Think he would have punched him if he didn't say it. That's right.
Speaker 4: I'm on DK side here. Yeah, the NFLPA has got to say, we can't. We can't let him get all this wiped away or have this up for grabs because of some jackass.
Speaker 2: You take the suspension.
Speaker 4: I mean, if he loses tons of money because of some dumb prick in the stands, was it because in the contract he had to play a minimum number of games or no idea? That's just what And maybe it's just the guarantee is void. That doesn't mean the Steelers won't still give him the money. Maybe it's just they could get out of it now if they want to. He happens to be a really good wide receiver. But it is just it just it's the other thing that sucks is now it's just another reason for athletes to never go to the rail. Yeah right, because what didn't the first story we hear, wasn't it like we DK was going over there to sign something. That was the first rumor. I don't know if that was true. Maybe that was just thrown out here that he had been DK had reported this guy to other the last time he was in Detroit. Yeah, he reported this to the NFL security before, and so I don't I don't think he was going over The autograph rumor was completely bunk. Yeah, I think the video I saw was there was no autograph situation. This guy needs to be just permanently banned from NFL games. There was was Jackson deal earlier this year where he shoved it was it this year he shoved a fan as well as he was leaving and he did not get suspended. So there's also, you know something along those lines. I and fans just man, yep, Yeah, I know it's tough because he because he technically had a moment of stupidity.
Speaker 2: But I'm on team DK here big time.
Speaker 4: Anybody else Yeah, yeah, anybody on the second well, of course, but you called my mind before we knew what he said.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 4: In general, I just I'm like, this has to be DJ side D's right here, swing away, Meryl, all right, more of what really matters after this, This is the Power Trip morning show on the fan Humid all right, more of what really matters, scores and stats around the world of sports, and in between, sauce will change your life with something else. Hell yeah, hey, go for football plays Friday three point thirty in Arizona again, something called New Mexico.
Speaker 2: That's right here on the fan.
Speaker 4: Grim announced what two segments ago, that they are sending you down there.
Speaker 2: You'll be read get to go. Yeah, so you'll get to go. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Darryl Thompson, get to go to He's gonna go. Gergy gonna be there. Guards, he's there. Unbelievable. It must be nice being rich. He's already nice to be rich. Yeah, Guards, he's there renting a big ansin Wow, renting a mansion. He's renting he's a miniature golf course at his mansion, at his mansion.
Speaker 2: Yes, Wow, today Airbnb has a mini golf colled Rischman's Airbnb.
Speaker 4: Well that's sweet, no wonder he's got seven jobs to payoff Airbnb mansions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that might be the highlight of the weekend. With the golfer game. Yeah, one thirty.
Speaker 4: Guards, he will have the pregame show here, okay, and then three thirty kicks off against New Mexico.
Speaker 2: Do we know anything about this team?
Speaker 4: Lobuls are nine and three. They hadn't been to a bowl game in like eight, nine, ten years. Twenty sixteen was their last bowl game. Their previous four bowl appearances all at the New Mexico Bowl. Oh, which was quite frankly, until yesterday, I didn't really know that there was a New Mexico Bowl when I was looking at this. They haven't been like out of the state for a bowl games in like twenty two years, so they'll be excited.
Speaker 2: They're nine and three.
Speaker 4: They won. Their travel very far, yes, all the way to Phoenix Conference. They're in the Mountain West, so they were co champions. There was a it was a weird deal. There was a four way tie. Four teams were six and two. Uh. They beat San Diego State in the last game of the year to force a four way tie, and then the Mountain West had some weird tiebreaker that eliminated New Mexico from playing in the championship game. Was Boise State, who won the championship game, and I can't even remember who which what other team might have been?
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, so us who played in the Mountain West Championship? Who me, Yeah, New Mexico And it was not New Mexico, thanks for listening. It was Nevada. It was Nevada and Utah State, No, neither it was it was Boise State, And I forgot who they played. Anyway, they got They got aced out.
Speaker 4: Of us, even though they beat San Diego State, who who was had the At one point people were talking about them being a playoff team because they were winning that that league, So that league I don't think.
Speaker 2: Is as good as it has been. But we're going to win. We're gonna win this. If we play our game, I think we should win. Okay, Yeah, What really matters though, is this.
Speaker 4: I think Corey knows the answer to this, So Corey, don't say it if you know it right away. Who was originally slated to play the Will Ferre Will Ferrell character?
Speaker 2: Elf?
Speaker 4: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Corn? I mean, I have a guess. What's your guest?
Speaker 1: Ben Stiller Nope, Tim Allen, nope, Bill Cosby who died around that time, Tyler Perry, Maddy Fresh that would have been a good guest, Cory.
Speaker 2: Who's your guest?
Speaker 4: My guess is Farley, but I don't know. He was supposed to be Shrek. He was supposed to be the voice of Shrek. But it's not Farley Tupac. Is it a non comedian, No, it's a comedian. Is it a Saturday Zacho said Jim. He it was originally slated to star in Elf. Will Ferrell nail? Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's so many good scenes in that. Yeah, Jim Carrey's awesome. They made the right choice. I agree, it wouldn't have been the same he did the snowball fight. Yeah, it's all yeah, unbelievable. Plus Jim Carrey was already the Grinch. You can't also can't also whip The Matt movie sucks.
Speaker 2: I just rewatched it recently. It is but it's cheeks. Yeah, it's cheeks. I like that.
Speaker 7: Me and my daughter loved the original ones. Were like, let's watch the Jim Carrey one.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 7: It is so bloated and unnecessary, like it should have just been like forty minutes.
Speaker 2: It's it's it's asked people forget that. The animated one is about three minutes long. Yeah, it's it's not.
Speaker 7: Long, no commercials, it's not I don't even think it's twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: I don't. I have not seen the You can watch the original one in one cafe and commercial break.
Speaker 7: Wow, you gotta watch. You gotta watch the animated one with low Loly. It takes it takes no time at all, and it's great, all right, And you're a mean one. Mister Grinch is one of the great songs of all time.
Speaker 2: Hit him up? Yeah, Oh yeah, it's right up there with Hit them Up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I need an origin story. What did the Grinch do to that guy? And I've got a few ideas.
Speaker 4: The Timberwolves host the New York Knicks tonight at seven o'clock. Sauce front row to sir, Yes.
Speaker 2: Sir, thank you.
Speaker 4: It's all thanks to my good pal Charlie Swanson. So they're available to everybody. They are available to everybody. And a fun fact, I've never met Charlie Swanson in person.
Speaker 2: Tonight will be the first time.
Speaker 4: So a guy you've never met in person just hands you front row tickets. He texted me and asked me what game I wanted to go, and he said, make it a good one. And don't do it if you have to work the next day. Well, we're only doing seven to nine, but tomorrow, And I said, literally, the only one that works for me is the Knicks game. Plus I want to go see my guy carl So I'm going tonight.
Speaker 2: Can't wait.
Speaker 4: So two things that the Timberwolves just sent out Jalen Brunson not expected to play tonight. Does it buzz your night at all?
Speaker 2: Nope? Oh okay.
Speaker 4: And then they also said technically tonight row to is obstructed view. Oh well, there's probably two seats that A six seven. Rosies also going. I'm going with Rosie. There's three seats.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I feel bad for anybody that's got to sit behind me. Yeah, yeah, yeah, But I'm excited. I've only sat courtside one other time. It's an honor, and I'm very grateful for my good pal Charlie Swans. You've never met, I've never met in person, but we text him talk more than people know. Him and I have a lot of similarities. He loves to rip and we love ripping the same things. That's one thing I'm a little jealous about with basketball because I've sat on the glass before and it's really, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: Ha ha.
Speaker 4: What is I called the glass bottom boat? Yeah, Tommy dot com? But how much do I have to pay to get under the glass? You probably just ask nicely, but yeah, you can't get that in any other sport where your your feet are literally on the playing surface.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can trip Shack. Yeah, it's gonna be fun, Shack. It's a great episode. Yeah. Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's a blues riff and bee watch me for the changes and try to keep up. My buddy Aaron beats Shack back in the day. Yeah, r Carter, You and my buddy Luke love Aaron Carter. Well, enjoy front row tonight with Rosie. All the beautiful people sit front row. Yeah, well it's available to everybody, of course. No Rosie, Yeah you got him from Charlie. Yeah, Rosie clearly paid for his ticket when Charlie when he asked Charlie if he could go with, he said, I will pay whatever the freight is for front right. Charlie's like no, no, no, they're on the house. No I got He's like, nope, I'm gonna vean mow you the money. Yeah, and if I recall cry much like you saw us. You know, Charlie asked Rosie what games would work best for him. That's the other way around. It wasn't like Rosie was like no, demanded that you are correct. Yeah, he's we're actually on a group meet. Charlie and Rosie are on a group chat together.
Speaker 2: So Rosie got a plus one and he's bringing DJ six to seven, right, Bird.
Speaker 4: I think DJ's fortieth birthday I think is today or tomorrow. Well, why don't you bring little Louis for his first birthday? A little too loud, a little too close to the action, and little Louie goes to bed about seven thirty. There's gotta be rules against that, right I wouldn't. You can't bring it back.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, this is America. Yeah, those seats are available to anyone. Yeah, they're available to anybody. And it's trying to save a ball and.
Speaker 7: Yeahstroy is a baby.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he might think it's my son's head because my son is a huge head. Oh that'd be a great bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you paint your head orange tonight, my god, they'd all be threaked out.
Speaker 2: What really matters, though, is this h The Santa Claus film good Movie, The first one's good.
Speaker 4: The Santa Claus joke involving the phone number one eight hundred spank Me. He says that in the movie, did you know that like the original? In the original, they've changed it. In the original movie, he says one eight hundred spank Me caused massive problems for parents when kids discovered it connected them to an actual phone sexline.
Speaker 2: Some viewers who dialed.
Speaker 4: The number reportedly racked up, get ready for the hockey joke, hundreds of dollars in phone bills.
Speaker 3: Hockey.
Speaker 2: It wasn't it must have been the kidney.
Speaker 4: I don't know because it's I've only seen it recently. It's edited out of the original movie. Allen, Yeah, it's Tim Allen. Yeah, I don't think I've seen it. It's it's all right, it's fine. Yeah, it's uh, that's pretty good. Max House at rank against the Grinch.
Speaker 2: No Grinch is number one. Grinches though o g Grinches number one. The other Grinch is number zero zero.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Zach, do me a favorite quick on your cell phone, call hundred spank me and see what happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then see if Hawk answers on eight hundred funny.
Speaker 4: All right, I'm just gonna repeat whatever they say. Oh oh, oh, oh, so glad you called? Oh I can't wait to oh my, so it's still acting the real thing?
Speaker 2: Can you feel my? Oh?
Speaker 4: How can a one eight hundred number be that like a Lollipopsta nineties the hundred numbers of the free ones?
Speaker 2: Yeah, your credit card number? At anytime? What was the one hawk was calling.
Speaker 4: You?
Speaker 2: Like the ladies? You can give it to me. Are you still repeating what it's saying? Are you talking back? Yeah?
Speaker 4: No, I think are you in your monologue? I'll be built at five ninety nine a minute? Do I owe you six bucks? You might be the wouldn't be the worst thing that I've done for the show where another host had to pay me back for Oh yeah, you're referencing the time UH paid fifty dollars a month to watch a lady act like a dog.
Speaker 2: That's correct, that happened. We read some story.
Speaker 4: About how some woman is making fifty dollars per person to be naked and act like a dog. Was she naked or was she just acting like? I didn't remember the nudity part. I just impediately paid for it. She'd like tape a take a nap in a dog bed, and you're like, what is this?
Speaker 2: Who likes this?
Speaker 4: Do you? It? Ripped the music for a second. Why don't you just like sex? But why does it have to be dog begs and treats and whatnot and taking your girl on a walk. But do you think he still he doesn't know, he doesn't check his bill.
Speaker 2: No, how long ago was that? People are weird? Man? Yeah?
Speaker 4: It was, oh yeah, and then yeah, I think he paid for like one other one that did something also weird. He just wanted to see it. Fifty bucks he put down, but I think he made Zach sign up for it.
Speaker 2: And then you then so you've canceled the subscription.
Speaker 4: Y oh yeah, oh yeah, we canceled that real quick. But uh, that was a great month of of only fans feed guarantee.
Speaker 2: He wrote it off too.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you gotta that's for work purposes. But you know, dirty perves across the country went to pet Smart and like sent her toys like dog toys toys. Yeah, hey pa, good to see you. Are you a puppy?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 4: Hey uh hey, Mark, you owe me this money for these front row seats. I can't pay you this month. I bought dog toys. Yeah, get you next month. Sauce is paying me.
Speaker 2: I can't. I bought you toys. Freck all in Texas. It's been a rough month.
Speaker 4: Marty Gallener is here. We'll talk to her in a second. John Bonus, we still get to ask you about Costa Rica. Sure, Grimmer, Yes, sir, thanks for your time. Good luck in Arizona, Arizona? Do you get to at least visit the gergy compound?
Speaker 2: I doubt it.
Speaker 4: You don't let you play mini golf on a free golf course? You think on Christmas Day? You know, maybe I can hang out with his family.
Speaker 2: Play the back nine. Yeah, maybe bring ham or something. Yeah, I could do that. All right, I'm gonna ask you must be rough being Justin Guard. Justin Guard's got the life, all right, dude, f say, have fun. You see you next week.
Speaker 4: That's my grand Marty Gelller joins in a second. Is the Power to Morning Show.
Speaker 2: I'm the fan.
Speaker 4: Listen