Speaker 1: Number one.
Speaker 2: We just grabbed every key demograph.
Speaker 1: Yeah, super duper. That's nice.
Speaker 2: Light agoo gay, yes, boy, that is good news.
Speaker 3: It is the fifteenth day of July twenty twenty six. Good Wednesday morning, everybody. Welcome to the Partrip Morning Show. Here we are with some some power trip on our way. We got a lot of guests today. We got some big time WWE wrestlers coming in. We got the the golf bet just to cast the thousands for that. So let's to get to Let's get her started. Here is some comedy from Shng Wang's The Partrip Morning Show on a Wednesday morning. Now listen. I know it's early, I know it's Wednesday or whatever time it is when you're listening to this, but it's gonna be a great day. So come on in and I am glad you are here.
Speaker 4: I just started buying my toothbrushes in.
Speaker 1: Bulk post my life.
Speaker 5: I live toothbrush to toothbrush, no backup. I'm out there just buying Lucy's. I had one, and I would use that one until no.
Speaker 4: Two bristles with pair of and then I would continue to use.
Speaker 5: That one because I would convince myself it's probably more effective now than I made it all wooly like that. Soon I'm promoted to kitchen duty. And the best part about the multi pack you get to pick a color. The blue one, Oh, that's soothing, that's an ocean of serenity. The red one, oh yeah, that's fun, but it's a little bit spicy.
Speaker 1: The purple one is powerful. Sometimes you're not living your best life.
Speaker 5: You might have made a serious of self destructive decisions. Now you need to adjust your behavior according to your core values. Will come on them, Purple toothbrush.
Speaker 2: Let's rise.
Speaker 1: We got flack and demons to faintuish.
Speaker 4: Power.
Speaker 2: Drew Morning, Joe Wednesday, July fifteen.
Speaker 1: Corey brist Paul Max Zach I, guys, hey, daddy, yo, So who are the wrestlers coming in today? You know the names?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 6: I believe Chad Gable, Otis and Javon Evans. Yeah, man, Max, Yes, sir, SummerSlam right around the corner. Man, How is that August first and August second, US Banks Stadium.
Speaker 3: Not just one but two days?
Speaker 1: That'll be sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are some big names. Like the one guy you said is like the rising the rising star.
Speaker 4: Huh yeah.
Speaker 6: Javan Evans he's like, he's like young guy, He's like every If I was a kid, he'd be my favorite wrestler, you know, like he's every kid's favorite wrestler.
Speaker 4: High flyer, kind of dude.
Speaker 6: Chad Gable just coming up of a career high down in Mexico. He was a luchador for a little bit, and he's one of us.
Speaker 4: Him and Otis.
Speaker 1: That's one of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where's Otis from?
Speaker 6: He was born in Wisconsin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh well, we won't hold that against him.
Speaker 2: So wait, was he raising superior?
Speaker 1: Did he go across the bridge?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 2: Honestly interesting, Let's see, I just put an Otis to the wrestler shout out.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Otis is a big dude.
Speaker 3: He'd better be nice to him. That's a big dog.
Speaker 4: He's a beefy dude.
Speaker 3: Nicola Michael bogo Jevik, also known as Otis.
Speaker 1: That's a huge bitch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh what if it's today? Is a what was that dude's name? He was he's a comedian and uh Wacogan killed him essentially. Oh yeah, this is your Richard Belser moment. Hey, Corey, he's a gonna come in there and break your neck in half and it's going to ruin the rest of your life.
Speaker 2: Might actually improve it maybe, I don't know if that would like if they could legalize online poker, like truly legalize it, not just you know gray area. Just put me in a chair and give me a mouse and we'll call it a day. Right, would it be that different?
Speaker 3: You mean, like a cute little like.
Speaker 2: A wheelchair and a computer mouse and basically just.
Speaker 1: In a wheelchair and Stuart Corey little, right, Corey Little. Yeah, you could give Stuart little, Yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, give me the gist of the plot.
Speaker 1: Me sure it's a bottom mouse could start that.
Speaker 7: Uh wants to live amongst the humans, except he has a really really bad gambling problem. Oh, he goes to look for a family to live with and you know, basically moves money off of a helmet on. He has a helmet on. Welcome to the scene of a porno And yeah, that's I think the story. And I think he bleeds that family drive their money and they eventually just step on him.
Speaker 3: Think he's weird because he hates cheese.
Speaker 1: He hates what cheese? Oh, he hates he hates cheese.
Speaker 3: His name's Cody.
Speaker 1: Cody little. I don't know what it's about. Man Michael hates cheeks.
Speaker 3: He loves pewords such.
Speaker 1: As pizza, Popeye, the sailor man, Popeye, Papa, and Papa. He lives with Papa. Yeah, Rich Paul?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Richaul does sound like a good round name.
Speaker 3: I thought he was till the second I really did.
Speaker 1: Is that right? Is he rich?
Speaker 2: I would the actual first name rich. If not, it's genius, right, not like average income Paul Richard?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is his real name, Rich Paul. Yeah, mm hmmm. I would like my agent to be named rich.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm gonna tell you what's real first name is.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, and I'm gonna say it. No, no, no, no, you can't say that.
Speaker 4: Your dad name.
Speaker 1: Do that.
Speaker 3: As soon as he came out him, Hey, freak, how long is your your game day mental spot? Thirty second?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, I just called you freaking Yeah, that's okay. You wanted to say something.
Speaker 4: You know you're right not wrong?
Speaker 1: No, you can't say it.
Speaker 3: How if I say this The Leftovers.
Speaker 1: Who fell.
Speaker 2: Second to non production on The Powers Morning Show, The Best of the Best. You do that again?
Speaker 1: Over?
Speaker 4: So let we just slow your.
Speaker 1: Voice down about fifteen percent.
Speaker 3: The leftover.
Speaker 4: Fallow your hands up.
Speaker 7: You know why I did the breaking glass sound? Why because he's probably been listening to Billy Joel a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah you heard me saying it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 3: Has embody seen the rick the thing yet? No, it's freaking brilliant.
Speaker 1: Anyway, do you play that again?
Speaker 3: What the left the leftovers?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: I would have gone down the hall and had our production team put it together. But they're in common.
Speaker 1: And they got fired.
Speaker 3: I saw Dave Allen.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, by the way, I tell you guys, Hi, Yeah, he's great. Did you ever know No, I don't think so exact.
Speaker 3: Did Yeah A little bit, yeah, yeah, a little bit, A little bit, A little bit, a little bit.
Speaker 6: I thought Dave, Ryan and p A fused for a second a little bit.
Speaker 4: I think they have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at least I think they at least in a double high five.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 1: Tower accident paraps.
Speaker 3: One of one in five Americans say they'll judge somebody based on their first name. This is from yesterday. Karen drew the most negative reactions, and yeah, Chad often used online to describe a super confident white male. But what second, you know, I don't know that I've known a lot of African American gentleman named Chad.
Speaker 6: My old security guard at my high school. His name was Chad and he was black. And that guy sucked. Let me tell you, that guy sucked. He lived up to the name. I kind of thought, I was I've never had any black teacher coach anything, and growing up, and then I came into high school and I was like wow, like thinking we're going to have like some type of special bond, you know, like by the time I graduated a.
Speaker 4: Bit, you did right, young brother, you did right, and.
Speaker 6: We'd have like some special relationship. But No, that guy sucked. He was bald, devastating when you're a child.
Speaker 8: The reasons why you've listed Chad sucked one bald list.
Speaker 1: Did when you graduated?
Speaker 4: No, he did it. I actually saw him.
Speaker 6: I had to do a little filled in for a bond for this event for kW being I had to go back to East and he tried to look at me and be like, what's up, Max, And I looked at him and I said no, no, I did.
Speaker 4: I just took and.
Speaker 1: Said no, no, Chad, no, Chad.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you look like a milk dud, a sentient milk dud.
Speaker 9: From different milk duds. Yeah, they're pretty good, chad legs. And what do you think of sentient milk dad beans? Because you just said he's from another.
Speaker 1: Planet, Candy Land.
Speaker 7: A sentient sounds like, uh, like a like a bean from another planet, like a bean like a lima bean from Mars, like a like a different uh species.
Speaker 1: It looks a sentient, not an alien. Yeah, look it up. How do you spell it?
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see what you google sent Yeah, boy, you're a cynient.
Speaker 1: Oh guess yeah, which sucks.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: The survey found that gen Z is the most likely to judge somebody based on their name. That's you guys, right, Are you gen Z or you Jenacks?
Speaker 2: I think I'm I think I am the I always forget because I'm right at the edge of one of them.
Speaker 6: Gen Z is after me and Zacho, I think, is it really Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think. I think I'm right on the edge of gen X slash millennials me and Zacho or somethings.
Speaker 8: I think late millennially. Yeah, I think gen Z starts in ninety seven.
Speaker 3: See, I'm Generation X nineteen sixty five to nineteen eighty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm technically Gen X as well, although again that's why I always you know, there's no sure, there's like time frames that people kind of agree to, but I don't. I'm not Chris's generation, no, right, I think I think the generation that you are a teenager and is the generation that you are, you know, like I'm a kid of the nineties, so I don't Chris was a kid of the eighties. That is a completely separate, just mindset completely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, here's what it says, Baby Boomer's forty six to sixty four, Gen X sixty five to eighty, Millennials eighty one to ninety six.
Speaker 1: Yeah, then I'm definitely.
Speaker 3: Gen Z ninety seven to twenty twelve, Jen Alpha twenty thirteen to twenty twenty five, Jen Beta now twenty five to thirty nine. What could be next?
Speaker 2: I don't know, Like a fifteen year window seems to be too big. Yeah, because think about I have very little in common with your generation, and you're ten years older than me. I think if if we go all the way to sixty five for birth, because it's a sixty five to eighty, that's not my generation.
Speaker 1: Nineteen sixty five is when Papa was born pp Yeah, Papa. Yeah, and him and I have nothing in common.
Speaker 3: He did a couple things, right.
Speaker 4: They didn't have chad Box back then, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Leftovers. Somebody said something on a podcast the day I was thinking about so in nineteen eighty five, when I was jamming out to music, right like White Lion, damn right woo, forty years before that would have been nineteen forty five, right, yep. The number one song in nineteen forty five, let's see stay with me for a minute, was Don't Fence Me In by Bing Crosby and the Andrew Sister. I'd love to play it for you, but you get the idea, right. You can probably picture what that might sound like. Hull my birber, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't fence me in?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That wasn't even a metaphor. That was like, please don't build a fence around me.
Speaker 4: I won't know how to get out of here.
Speaker 3: Yeah. That was written by being Crosby's kids, if you ever read about him. Yeah, but uh so if you were if if you know, it's twenty twenty six right now, so forty years ago to be nineteen eighty six, you could figure a kid now might listen to Way and like it for some reason, but there's no chance in nineteen eighty six, I was going to listen to Bing Crosby and think that was good. No know what I mean, And that's I'm what right?
Speaker 1: That sucking to whales? Thank you, you're right.
Speaker 3: I blew your mind just now to I ye left overs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a.
Speaker 3: July's National Hotdog Month. Tommy registered dietitian Kristen Kirkpatrick and the Cleveland Clinic says hot dogs can contain a lot of additives, often high in sodium. Says there's data that shows that they're linked to an increase in certain cancers. Says they're okay to have an occasion, we shouldn't have four in the last two days, like I have what no bottom? They sounding good and they're real good, but I get sick. I'm sick of them now. Officially, I got about nine of them left, so those are going to go in the track.
Speaker 1: Hot dogs are good.
Speaker 3: Shut your mouths.
Speaker 7: I like hot dogs like every once in a while, thanks for Rascal Fly. Like I wouldn't eat them all the time, but like with a little mustard some onions.
Speaker 3: Remember when you used to eat them just without chewing.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 7: And about my hands, you guys would line them up, see many I could eat?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Remember yeah, man.
Speaker 3: We'd be like neat need to eat from behind?
Speaker 1: You need help? Your pinky got so jealous that.
Speaker 3: The man is supposed to go on the dog.
Speaker 1: Oh this was scream film in the very He's a sentient bean. Ye. I don't know, man, I'm sorry, I don't speak well.
Speaker 3: Porky, he's my cynthient bean, porky bean, I'm on vacation.
Speaker 1: When do you leave, daddy? And do you know where you're going? Or do you not want to say?
Speaker 3: You write the book?
Speaker 4: Got it? Got it?
Speaker 9: Is it?
Speaker 2: Honestly not too hot to go on a motorcycle? So what are you gonna do?
Speaker 3: I don't know yet. I'm thinking about bringing the car.
Speaker 1: He doesn't want to say, yeah, because that sounds like absolute hell driving around if it's ninety five degrees.
Speaker 3: And yeah, especially with you here today too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And like you said the other day, Hawk, it gets real hot when you stop.
Speaker 3: And there's a whole lot of stopping going on right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well you do you guys want one more last leftover?
Speaker 1: One more last.
Speaker 3: That's a little lot. I gotta redo that. I'm just gonna take me forever to redo that.
Speaker 4: It's like stone cold.
Speaker 3: But to come to correct, it's like you walked into your fridge, opened it up, looked at it and said, oh, the left dover, and then threw it on the ground.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And then one of those beans.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry, those alien beans?
Speaker 3: So why do you do that?
Speaker 1: Phone what? Sorry, don't speak well.
Speaker 3: I don't never want to get a break talk why. I don't never know what you're.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry, I'm sorry I let all of you down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that sent what are you?
Speaker 4: The tin man?
Speaker 8: Another sentient being from what planet?
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I'm not up and him on words?
Speaker 6: Welcome to the Ebonics family. That's Chris Farley been. I'm sorry, I don't understand. I don't speak good.
Speaker 7: I've never had sexile wellman, I don't know how that works.
Speaker 1: God, that might be his best fit. I don't use the owner. I don't own a tooth brush. Shot such a great bit. I don't fit in society norm whatever.
Speaker 2: I said, Okay, all right, one thing you do know, sauce.
Speaker 1: You know a lot about gutter helmet.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I don't worry about cleaning out your gutters. If you have guttter helmet from Gutterhelmet mn dot com. Don't waste a weekend when you're gonna watch some golf this weekend Gutterhelmet MN dot com that.
Speaker 2: Non golf later.
Speaker 1: This is the morning show on the vand Day. You hear a good idea, it's natural to do a double take. That's what you might do when you here. Discover automatically double all the cash back you've earned on your credit cards.
Speaker 8: And great shows semistically anhitheater five Finger Death Punch will be there on August eighteenth, Monley on August twenty First Layer. We'll be there on September fourth. To all the details at KFE and dot com. I'm your calendar.
Speaker 3: Tell him Corey, this is maybe the I'm gonna say it. No, no, he'll say it. This is the best thing that anybody's done for my studio in a very long time. Monitors, I've got Google over here, I got out Look over here, Boom, look at this.
Speaker 1: It's beautiful. You're welcome. Thank you, double monitors. You did that, you did it.
Speaker 8: Tacho was talking to Jared and he's like, hey, I got these extra monitors have with the idea.
Speaker 1: I'm like, well, I'm sure Hawk wouldn't mind an extra.
Speaker 3: Well, you were right, this is I would never have known I would love it this much, but this has made my life better. Thank you, thank you, thank you, sir, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's happening.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love this company.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, you don't.
Speaker 3: God, I want to have a press conference right now about how much I love these two monitors. You guys want to ask me questions, sure, let's ask go ahead.
Speaker 7: Uh me, how quickly will both of them have pornographic pictures on him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Like praphy, Oh, I get your bit? What anything particular you like? Looking up on both monitors.
Speaker 3: Like Boots, Like Boots.
Speaker 2: Said, m oh, this is worse than the LaMelo press.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's a bit.
Speaker 4: That's what I was doing.
Speaker 7: My favorite part about yesterday in the press conferences, A couldn't have seemed more bored. Yeah, and b They tried to do a one eighty with all those pr videos yesterday with him like smiling and being like I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 6: He could not have looked more bored. And you were there, Max, so yeah, he was, he was. He looked like he didn't give a damn. And that's kind of like talking to the other beat reporter guys.
Speaker 4: They were saying with the yeah.
Speaker 6: They wouldn't stop beatboxing, Johnny was freestyling, Wow, please stop, man careful.
Speaker 1: It's like, Johnny, please.
Speaker 4: Stop saying that word.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 4: I know you're cool with the team, but you can't say that.
Speaker 1: By the way, how white am I?
Speaker 2: The only two beatboxers I can name off the top of my head are Modest Yahoo and Justin Timberlay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good point.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You ever you ever heard j T try to beatbox?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I think he tries. Man, it was it was. It was bad, but that's bad. That's kind of they were saying. Back in twenty twenty when they were interviewed, they had a zoom call with all the top draft picks that projected top draft picks. They said LaMelo was the same exact way. They basically all were thanking God that the Wolves drafted Anthony Edwards because off the court, LaMelo is the exact opposite of he is on the court. He's a very just like straightforward, quiet, mild mannered, milk toast kind of dude. But he's like super flashy on the court.
Speaker 3: Well, let's when your dad's the micromachines guy, Yeah, you don't.
Speaker 1: That's a guards he said last night. Yeah, I stole it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, no I did. Did he say that?
Speaker 1: Really? Yeah?
Speaker 3: He actually said micro machine.
Speaker 7: No, but he was basically like, you know, when your dad said every word possible and there's not much left.
Speaker 3: He stole all the words.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean I yeah, I thought it was Melo Sauce.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how do you feel about playing with the timbles?
Speaker 1: I'm excited, it's going to be great. Do you want Lebron to come here? Mellow sauce? Exactly what you're thinking? Exactly what I'm thinking. That's what he said to I'm thinking about implied odds.
Speaker 3: On the turn, I'm talking about boobies.
Speaker 7: That's exactly what he said when AP Sports Guy asked him that question.
Speaker 1: Really, yep, whatever you're thinking.
Speaker 3: Whatever you're thinking, basically, right, Max Ow, Yeah, I've been there. What would you have asked, what the.
Speaker 1: Hell am I here?
Speaker 3: Carmelo? Are you saying that you're thinking the same thing I'm thinking?
Speaker 1: Then you two become best friends.
Speaker 3: He would have said, my name's not Carmela.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and he would have said no, I'm not thinking I wish there was a casino close.
Speaker 3: I bet he is. Yeah, why wouldn't you always be at a casino if you had that kind of money? Why wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: I heard a Lisa Kudro yesterday was on This is an old clip, but she was on Conan's podcast and I didn't know this. She apparently she likes to scratch the itch as well. She loves gambling, and she was telling Conan that she basically has to even though she's filthy rich, has to bring the money she's willing to lose, and then after that beg her husband for more because she's not allowed to go to the ATM. Right, and she was saying that her that her son was turning twenty one. So again, I don't know how long ago this clip was from right and that she was begging him to go to Vegas, and Conan's like, I know you pretty well. Is it just because you want to go to Vegas and drag your son with him? She's like, well, yeah, man, Lisa Kudro likes to scratch that itch.
Speaker 1: Good fun.
Speaker 4: I like her.
Speaker 1: I like her even more now, Yeah, good for her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I only bring what I'm willing to lose as well. So I bring all my credit cards, my checkbook. I'm willing to lose it all.
Speaker 1: How about that box your friend had her gee you refer to women's.
Speaker 6: Under on that sentence on colcol So, Chris, I can't believe we didn't bring this up on Monday when I got back.
Speaker 2: So there's two parts of this. Number one, but my best friend John text me Monday morning when I'm in Vegas and he goes, He goes, are you in Vegas? I go yeah, he goes, We're landing at like three, and I'm like, awesome. So I text my wife, go, hey, John, Christina coming off to Vegas. She goes, you don't know your best friend in the world.
Speaker 1: Was going Las Vegas and I go.
Speaker 4: No, I know she was.
Speaker 1: Guys are so dumb, And I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what he does. I don't have like find my friends or going or whatever, like I don't we don't share locations.
Speaker 3: Did you say this to her?
Speaker 4: I know that, honey, kind of.
Speaker 2: So Strike one was basically the fact that I just don't know what he's doing. He doesn't know what I'm doing whatever. So whatever, it was cool to see him.
Speaker 1: We got to hang out.
Speaker 2: Zach got to hang out with him for a little bit as well, not in that way, but anyway. So John and Christina are gambling and they're doing their thing, and Christine shows me this thing that she got on Amazon.
Speaker 10: You know where I'm going, I know exactly what aut That's this little metal thing that says Winner's Box on its sauce, and it's got like a little male slot m a I l oh male slot on.
Speaker 2: The top it has and it's a has a key, so it's like a small, like pocket sized vault and it says Winner's Box. And the idea is is that when you cash out of a slot machine, or you get a voucher of any kind, or if you're playing a chip game and you win a lot of chips, you put chips in the box or your or your slips in the box, and then you cannot access.
Speaker 1: Them without a key.
Speaker 2: So it is self imposed discipline. It's basically either you leave the key back in Minnesota, or you leave the key back at the hotel where you like, I cannot access this unless and it's apparently pretty inexpensive on Amazon, thirteen bucks winners Bank. Now, of course, again you have the key, so if you have no discipline, you can just well, I'm going to run back.
Speaker 1: To the room and unlock this son of a bitch. But it's supposed to.
Speaker 2: Be one step away from absolute anarchy, right, it's supposed to tell yourself, let's just tuck these away, let's not play with all of our winnings.
Speaker 1: Kind of love that idea.
Speaker 3: That's great. I purchased one of those, and I also bought the losers Ax. Yeah, brilliant, because that's some bitches coming open wear another man. So you have had this, No, I haven't thought about it. I have seen it, though. It's weird that you bring it up because I saw not long ago. Can I get man?
Speaker 1: Love the concept.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, because if you give yourself a little bit of a break, you get out of the haze and you can say, you know, maybe I'm glad I left I keep it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once gambler takes over, oh yeah, it's over. It's over.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Not a bad idea, Oh mel, this might save him a lot.
Speaker 2: No, I believe they cracked it open every morning one but then it's like.
Speaker 3: But again, you got to slow it down.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but exactly. Even if it slows it down overnight. That might help if you have a gambling problem with any kind or just want to have self imposed discipline.
Speaker 1: Who knows hockey?
Speaker 2: Uh? Front Page Sports after this power gremony shoe on the.
Speaker 1: Fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsor.
Speaker 11: All right, it's time for this time now for Front Page Sports presented by Holiday Station Stars.
Speaker 2: Holiday Station Stores. You can wake up with Red Bull at Holiday three for six fifty for limited time mixing mat to me flavors of red Bull.
Speaker 1: You want go wake up with our friends at Holiday? Thanks Holiday? Yeah, thanks man?
Speaker 2: And what else do you want? They got it all? Yeah, what do you need? A donut or something? You want cookies in the morning? Sure, yeah, you want big citrus?
Speaker 1: Yeah, they get whatever you wanted. Holiday. The pretzels are great talking about that. Probably not there at six o'clock in the morning, but sure later in the day. Absolutely, you are correct.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, sorry, just pointed out to you.
Speaker 2: Spain moving on to the finals. After beating France to nothing, they are headed to Sunday's World Cup finale. They will face the winner of today's game, England versus Argentina.
Speaker 1: A we that was a shocker.
Speaker 6: They've only conceded I think one goal the entire tournament. Their defense is absolutely insane. It's like setting World Cup records in France was by far the favorite to win the whole thing. So this is I think this is the first time France, I think they said on the broadcast yesterday, since technically if it goes to penalty shootouts, it's counted as a draw, I think this is the first time they've lost a World Cup knockout game in forty years, is what they said on the broadcast.
Speaker 1: Jeeze, because it's a broad what.
Speaker 2: It's a broad So France will have to play in the third place game Saturday in Miami.
Speaker 4: I do oh, star you well soccer?
Speaker 1: Hey? Is anyone looking forward to that third place game? Bro?
Speaker 4: No, you're not.
Speaker 1: I do oh, congrats star Hey. Rosie's going to be an arm show in a couple of hours. He was, Is he one of the wrestlers? He was old sassy yesterday with common.
Speaker 3: Everybody was real sassy.
Speaker 7: Yes, he was tired of uh spicy being made fun of. What for Wendell Clark.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have a great day today.
Speaker 1: Kyler Murphy. He was tired of that.
Speaker 3: Why do you guys do that? I'm glad you find this stuff for himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you guys are the ones that you You and Zach specifically were convinced that he didn't know who Wyndam Clark was, that he only stole the.
Speaker 1: Take because I said I bet on.
Speaker 2: Him and goreg raved about him. Obviously, Rosie knows who Wyndham Clark is. There's no way he doesn't. He won a major a handful of years ago. He accidentally called him Wendell.
Speaker 1: I had no idea. You guys are making something out of nothing. He didn't know who that was, and I stand by that he didn't know. So when you get him riled up, so today I'm with Chris, we're on Rosie's side.
Speaker 7: Sure, So when he is on the Zoom today, don't mention who you have tickets on Boom.
Speaker 3: I don't know if he's going to be on Zoom because you're so rude.
Speaker 1: On Oh, he'll be on. He has to be, he said he would. He'll be here.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's busy doing women have an idea?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what if? What if? Unless he gets like one of the first three or four picks. What if one of us says, like, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I'll take Ron, but man, I really like and we make up a name, and we tell Gorg to whatever name I say, just go all in on that that guy's the next red hot thing and he's been golfing like nobody's business for the last month. Chat and we'll see if he picks a guy that doesn't exist, Yeah, truly doesn't exist.
Speaker 1: Like I'll find a character from some movie that I like.
Speaker 3: Let's go Pudge McCormick.
Speaker 7: Happy birthday, Pudge Rodriguez is there, Yeah, the catcher that was his nickname.
Speaker 3: Okay, well this is a different guy's name's Pudge McCormick.
Speaker 1: Oh seasoning, Yeah, bam, No, oh, that's emeral.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 1: I hope he has like pick nine. We'll see if it works. Thank you.
Speaker 2: George's willing to do it right of course, of course, like Gorg's off for a good bit. Gorg, when I say that I have a large ticket on Pudge McCormick, just say that he's the next big thing and see what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, gotta take McCormick. He's not going to be here, So I've got old. I wrote out the sheets.
Speaker 3: George's not gonna be here.
Speaker 7: No, Rosie, Oh, I wrote, I write out all these sheets, mostly for hogs Daddy, thank you, and Rosie when he's here.
Speaker 1: But do you see who's third to the last, Pudge McCormick. Uh, Wendell Clark.
Speaker 2: It's too bad he's not here, because then we literally could have been like forty to one.
Speaker 1: Pudge McCormick.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Put him on the DraftKings list, yeah, to see if he takes the bait. Yeah, yeah, I don't think you would.
Speaker 8: I think I saw you get a Pudge McCormick ticket in Vegas a few weeks ago.
Speaker 3: One.
Speaker 2: I want to know who you have cash on. I didn't swing as big this time. Oh, I did a half swing. You know what my research was this time? And I'm not kidding. I asked ch ept Oh, good for you, asked co pilot. I mean that's what I meant.
Speaker 1: You asked co pilot, And I was like, who's the best value in this tournament? And why?
Speaker 2: Co pilot gave me a very good explanation of why I actually bet on a specific person.
Speaker 1: That's what I did.
Speaker 7: You should say you have a taken on Dusty Mod and see if Rosie takes Dusty Man.
Speaker 3: You know what I don't like about co pilot though, That's one thing i'd changed.
Speaker 1: Mmm.
Speaker 3: It sounds like flussy Dickie who started taking in the golf bed. What's his name again, Pudge McCormick.
Speaker 1: No, no, Dusty mon.
Speaker 3: The name of the AI thing?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Uhh yeah, who's taking the golf bit? Copilot?
Speaker 1: I had no idea.
Speaker 2: Oh, I appreciate the honesty.
Speaker 3: Why I I'm thinking about getting in a uh in a coffin?
Speaker 1: Should I take a nap?
Speaker 9: Times?
Speaker 1: I can? Okay? Uh? Co pilot? Are you looking forward to the golf bet?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay man.
Speaker 2: Flossy Dicky just understood her lot in life. She was like one hundred and seven or something, and they were like, are you excited about your party?
Speaker 1: She's like, no, not one.
Speaker 2: What are you excited about? Take as many naps as I can.
Speaker 1: She was done. Yes, she was tired. And it wasn't like I hate life, I hate all of you.
Speaker 2: It's just like I don't have any energy to care about anything else except for napping.
Speaker 1: I'm just done. I just I want to go peacefully.
Speaker 3: When the grim Reaper got there, she said, we're in the hell of you sitting there.
Speaker 7: The one lad was seven or something. The one lady in her, you in her was so peppy about it.
Speaker 1: She wanted her down. Are you excited for your birthday?
Speaker 3: No one?
Speaker 12: Good morning. Yes, we are out here at the Cheney Care Center, and I am sitting next to the woman on the.
Speaker 3: Front Genie Care take care of her cage.
Speaker 12: At the Spokesman Review this morning. This is Flossy Dicky. And check it out, folks. We got her her very own good day of Spokhane Coffee mag She's enjoying some coffee this morning.
Speaker 3: Because if Flossy had a gun, they needed to bullets.
Speaker 12: Because Flossy, you say you're a little tired this morning. Is that right? I am, she is very tired.
Speaker 3: That's actually I heard your lady just trying to have it.
Speaker 2: And again, for those of you that don't remember this bit, not only was this a super super viral bit, it got so viral that SNL did a parodym and Kate McKinnon was Flossy Dicky, and I believe its bear was the overly Peppi Zalas supporter that that.
Speaker 1: And she played you know because she's got that.
Speaker 2: Great smile anyway, Vanessa Bear, so she put on that super cheesy like, right, FLOSSI, aren't you happy for your birthday?
Speaker 1: Flossi, I am tired.
Speaker 12: Favorite activity to do at the center here is to take take a little nap, take a nap as many times as she can. She likes to take snap, take a nap. Flossi has three children. You have twelve grandchildren, twenty great grandchildren and fifteen great great grandchildren. You sound like a very busy lady.
Speaker 4: Yes, she has.
Speaker 12: She has lived in multiple places in the Northwest, even lived in Arizona. She's originally from Oregon, that's where she was born in Flossi, this morning, we also have some flowers that we would like to give you. She got her nails done. I don't know if you can see, but they're a beautiful pink, pink and purple. We heard were your favorite colors. So I'm just gonna set those on your lap for you, and.
Speaker 2: I'm awful and how about that.
Speaker 12: So that they stay later Today, Glossie's family is going to be coming out here to throw you a big birthday party. Are you excited for your party?
Speaker 2: No, it's so good. Who's more excited to get interviewed Glossy Dicky or Lamello Bar?
Speaker 1: No, kiddy, you.
Speaker 12: Would rather be taking a nap hunt.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 12: By anyway, I'm here with Chris Bar Chris you.
Speaker 1: Hey, Lamello you excited to play with Doya the Timberwolve twenty six.
Speaker 9: No one, not one?
Speaker 3: Bon oh cuck, I forgot. That's why she got that. She answered that question like that, are you happy for your party?
Speaker 1: That's the biggest wind up for her to go now.
Speaker 4: No one doesn't care at.
Speaker 2: All, And she's definitely not hamming it up that. That wasn't like I'm trying to be funny, like, hey, you said it for your party, now one bill? That is truly that was truth serum. Yeah, this is uh, this is your birthday. You're gonna have a good time, right, not even close.
Speaker 3: I'm excited to lay my head in that sweet coffin.
Speaker 1: Can't.
Speaker 2: I just want all of this, including you, to end.
Speaker 1: I can't wait for the sweet release of death. Oh my gosh, So she hang on a second here, She didn't she die like shortly after she died, maybe in two thousand and sixteen, and she died. She was one hundred and ten years old.
Speaker 3: My god, so that was three years later, man, because she was one hundred and seven, I think she said at the end of the beginning of the envy.
Speaker 2: Right yep, good morning.
Speaker 12: Yes, we are out here at the Chiney Care cent her and I sitting next to the woman on the front page of the Spokesman Review this morning. This is Flossy Dicky and check it out, folks. We got her her very own good day of Spohane coffee.
Speaker 3: Man, Jesus, can you imagine keep keep going?
Speaker 2: She doesn't need a call. She guess what coffee does? Keeps you away? She has no.
Speaker 1: In Yeah, poor Flawssy.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine the sky relief when she took her last breathe this mortal coil?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate it here every day she will come to damn it. Yes.
Speaker 2: Life was born in nineteen o six, eighteen of nineteen o six.
Speaker 3: I wonder if she was ever like a just a beam of light, you know, just super I doubt it. Just loved Wieners, loved the reener. I wonder if she ever was like and then something happened and she was like, Oh.
Speaker 1: She was born in nineteen. She loved the Wieners.
Speaker 2: You got married at age fifteen.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Yeah, no, wonder she's pissed. She'd had enough?
Speaker 2: Yeah, bringing on, Oh no, What Really Matters is next? This is the Power Drimoni You on the fan our iHeart Radio Music Festival presented by Capitol Line.
Speaker 1: He's coming back to last free years.
Speaker 2: September eighteen and nineteen thirteen, avel.
Speaker 8: Arenas James and concerts in town from Santana to the Doobie Brothers, Snoop Dogg and more. Your chance to win his waiting Engine now at Cafe dot com. Just make keyword contests.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Patrick Morn's Here, Here we are, and it's time for some moths.
Speaker 2: What Really Matters brought to you by Ovo Lasik and Lens Go get Lasik from doctor Mark loving off on Doctor David White at ovo.
Speaker 4: I dot com.
Speaker 1: Thanks Ovo, Thank you, Thanks Ovo.
Speaker 2: The Open Championship starts tomorrow at Royal Birkdale. Scottie Scheffler is your DraftKings favorite, then he win?
Speaker 1: Did he win last year?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: He did the British last year, Yes he did.
Speaker 2: Quick question for all of us, go on, Gord thinks Rory should be the ghost? Oh hm hm, I mean, shouldn't the ghost be the favorite?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean, was he saying that Rory's the most likely to win.
Speaker 7: He thinks Rory would probably have a better chance of winning, But Scotty is the betting.
Speaker 1: Favorite, right and the number one player in the world. Yeah, I don't know. I mean, I don't care either way. It's up to you guys.
Speaker 5: Nah.
Speaker 1: Sweet, But what really matters is this?
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, Zacho, you've got to shot at the first pick.
Speaker 4: What what do you think?
Speaker 1: I think I think we gotta stick with Scotty. Yeah, maybe next year weekend.
Speaker 8: I mean, it should just be predetermined based on whoever the favorite of the tournament is, right, Yeah, I mean, I love Gorg, but I'm sure he's smart and he's probably right in the scenario, I probably would take Rory over Scotty.
Speaker 2: But I could just make that the permanent rule that whoever is the betting favorite is the ghost.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Okay, so then that you know, the favorite is always somebody that everybody else gets a cheer for.
Speaker 2: If your golfer starts flailing, it's sweet. So in this case, it would be Scotty sweet. I don't mind that moving forward. Betting favorite is a ghost.
Speaker 3: Hm uh. Samuel Morse invented the Morse code and the Telegraph. He described pizza as a species of nauseating cake. Geez didn't like pizza.
Speaker 4: Effort he put into the hate though.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he hated it. He's real bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's Morse code for bleep you.
Speaker 3: Scottie only eight.
Speaker 1: Lead figures, Oh amen, brother and listened to the Holkster. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Twins are still off for the All Star break, of course. They are at the Cubs Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. They are three back in the Central behind Cleveland and Chicago. The Twins currently in a wild card spot. If the playoffs started today, they'd be in.
Speaker 4: But they don't.
Speaker 1: No, they are a half a game ahead of Boston. Wow man, But what really matters is this.
Speaker 3: One hundred and thirteen million year old dinosaur fossil was discovered in nineteen eighty one. It is the only one we have of its species and contained some of the best preserved soft tissues, including internal organs, internal organs, blood vessels, and muscles, the best we've ever found. It's one hundred and thirteen million years old.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man.
Speaker 1: On thirteen again, if this is accurate, I think these are the right too. But we've we've mentioned this a handful of times, but it still blows my mind every time I think about it, especially as a kid that grew up loving dinosaurs.
Speaker 2: But the fact that the stegosaurus is further away in the time in Earth's timeline from a t rex and the t rex was to humans, because I think the stegosaurus was like over sixty five million years before the t rex. Really yeah, that nuts.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, So we're closer to.
Speaker 2: A t rex than the stegosaurus was to the t rex. That's trippy as hell. Yeah man, that's uh, that's time.
Speaker 1: Yep, time's a bit Yeah.
Speaker 3: Flussy Dickey, Yeah around that long she felt like she had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, poor Flaws.
Speaker 3: She was hoping a dice or burst through an eater.
Speaker 1: Oh, poor Flossie. But what really matters is my turn.
Speaker 4: Yeah again.
Speaker 2: World Cup today at two England versus Argentina.
Speaker 1: That games in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: Oh, the loser goes on to the third place game against France Saturday in Miami. The winner goes on to face Spain in New Jersey on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Should be a good one. Yeah, that'll be fun.
Speaker 6: Garry Kane versus Messy. England hasn't won. I think they've only won one World Cup ever, and it was in the sixties.
Speaker 3: I know that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he knew that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, man, I'm all in. I'm gonna watch it. It's awesome, It's been a lot of fun. Has been fun.
Speaker 6: Could get the France Argentina rematch, but maybe in the third place game.
Speaker 7: I'll be playing NBA two G twenty. Yeah, let me guess the line up. Yep, Lebron James, you are correct, Michael Jordan, you are correct. Kobe Bryant, you are correct, Magic Johnson nope, ells, yes, all right, you know ball Ye, Sequilla and new you are correct.
Speaker 4: Let's go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Why I even play the game? Does anybody ever beat you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Nope?
Speaker 1: That's fun.
Speaker 3: But isn't it why you don't like the college football in twenty six? Because is impossible?
Speaker 1: No? I don't. I don't like that game because I don't.
Speaker 7: Understand why going from the easiest level to the second easiest level is impossible.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 7: It's just him, yeah, and I do it right, And there are like people online hogs that have these like they you know, they play video games for living or whatever, and they have all these bits about like the sliders you can change to make it not that hard. But I've never seen a video game that goes from basically simple too impossible by moving at one setting it it's too hard. Literally, no one's ever opened you get you have like a second and a half in the pocket. Yeah, and the balls.
Speaker 3: I can't even imagine what the next level would be. Oh, I can't even imagine how hard it would be.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: How often do you yell for Kel and then Kell comes in the room, She's like, what do you need? And he's like, I traded for Alan Iverson?
Speaker 1: Often does that happen? Probably a lot. The cool part about the NBA two K game is you can put in like old draft classes, so like you put in like the ninety six class right or the three class, and then you get younger versions of like so you could have older Lebron and younger Lebron on the same team. It's fun. Maxo helped me out.
Speaker 6: No, it really is, honestly, and it makes it It does make it more interesting when you do the fantasy draft because then you could, like you said, you could have lebron James, And then you go up against a team that has a different iteration of lebron James, and and the next team you face it has yet another iteration of lebronch.
Speaker 1: So every team is good, but it's hog team is better. Yeah, it's like dumping water on a magua. Yeah. Correct. But yeah, to dog's daddy's point, the college game is too hard once you go up one level. Yeah, and I'm probably just not that good at it.
Speaker 3: But oh yeah, but you're not a professional game player. Yeah, I think you can have some fun.
Speaker 1: In my turn of years.
Speaker 3: I think it's fine.
Speaker 2: What really matters is this.
Speaker 3: A Scottish woman named Maggie Dixon was sentenced to execution by hanging. So they did the September second, seventeen twenty four. Oh, they hung her by the neck till she was dead.
Speaker 4: What'd she do?
Speaker 3: I'll find out in a minute. But she survived the hanging. In fact, she climbed out of her coffee a coffin as being transported away from the execution. So the court said, you know what, set her free. We carried out the punishment. We didn't hang her let me see what she did here?
Speaker 1: M Can I ask a question? Sure?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: Convicted of killing?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, kill her?
Speaker 3: They called her half hang it, Maggie, half one half hang it.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you a question, what do you think of that? Uh?
Speaker 7: There's a lot of different ways to kill people with uh the death penalty, right. You can give them the electric chair, you can hang them, you can do firing squad, or you can do lethal injection. We've heard you know, times are like the chair malfunctions or like the the dose of lethal injection isn't fully working. How the hell do you survive a hanging? Your neck breaks like immediately one right? How do you survive that?
Speaker 1: That has to be and I'm I'm if the MythBuster guys are listening, that has to be damn near impossible to survive a hanging.
Speaker 4: Anybody.
Speaker 3: It must not have like cut off the air.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: And maybe it didn't break her?
Speaker 1: Did she of her hands underneath?
Speaker 3: It?
Speaker 8: Was she?
Speaker 3: Like I know, from time to time, like the executioner has to grab the hanging person by their legs and like yank down on them until they die.
Speaker 2: So as I've worked with you for what twenty ish years for another forty When you said.
Speaker 4: Can I ask a question?
Speaker 1: And then you started naming all the ways that you can execute somebody. I thought I would have been a million dollars. You were going to bet why didn't they just give her the chair? And I was going to say, this was in the seventeen hundred.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I was convinced you were going to say, why didn't they just give her the injection of.
Speaker 4: The chair or squad. I'm just.
Speaker 1: Proud of you, thanks. I just don't understand how you survive a hanging.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 2: I don't think everybody breaks their neck. I think that happens super often, but I don't think everybody raised their neck flight.
Speaker 8: I think Oh, okay, I googled it, and now Google's concerned about me.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I had an issue over the weekend that I didn't want to google because I didn't want Google to think I was weird.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you, guys, did you eventually clawed out?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: Gross cyclospora.
Speaker 1: Winnie cut her foot outside when he did what now, Winnie cut her foot? When this sweet hell is Whinny, that's my dog. Your dog is Mumpet. Yeah, my other dog Winnie.
Speaker 7: She cut her back foot, so we're down yeah the other then no, we were downstairs and all of a sudden, my wife's like, who's bleeding all over?
Speaker 1: And you said, who cares? I just traded for Alan Iverson. No, this is no so I've I looked at Louis first. He was fine.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I ran Muppet up and checked all her feet. She was fine.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I played about an hour more.
Speaker 7: Yeah, called Max and made sure he was okay, and then she it was a ton of blood.
Speaker 1: It's all. It was all up and down the stairs, all over, right, So you did the humane thing. I didn't want to google. How do you get blood out of carpet? That's a weird thing to google? Right, Kelly's the same, No, not being serious and ask you list if.
Speaker 4: You google that?
Speaker 3: Did you did you help with the wound?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, she stopped bleeding, but like I put pressure on it and all that, Like we fixed her.
Speaker 2: But there's broad dogging it for seven hours, didn't Saddam Hussein's hanging goes slightly wrong?
Speaker 1: Or am I misremembering that? I think you're correct? Why do I feel like his didn't go perfectly either? Maybe it did, but I don't know why. That's in the back of my mind that his did not go well.
Speaker 4: Run that video hit the internet.
Speaker 1: That was weird. Yeah, it was weird, and to think of like the foreshadowing of like now, what's on the internet.
Speaker 8: It went catastrophically wrong. Okay, go on, Yeah, it just.
Speaker 1: Doesn't give the details of what went wrong.
Speaker 4: Bro Ark, what are you laughing? What are you do?
Speaker 3: You use a bunge of corn.
Speaker 8: I'm good, Google, thank you, but it's giving me the number. That's nice that he cares, very nice to hit on you.
Speaker 1: Yea wait, talk more about Saddam Hussein's hanging so Rosie can laugh.
Speaker 8: Executioners refused to use a hood over his head. They were fighting it.
Speaker 3: Tall Man was laughing in the background.
Speaker 1: Wo yeah, explaining les Max it. Why was he there? Was it gonna let it happen in his town?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: And the hanging, oh brilliant.
Speaker 2: More of What Really Matters after this Power Tram morning show on the Fan from the one eight hundred ask Gary Traffic Center.
Speaker 1: This report is sponsored by AutoZone. Get in the zone matters?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: More of What Really Matters brought to you by Ovo Lesiga lens. The All Star Game was last night. The AL won four nothing over the NL. The ALE pitchers combined for a fifteen strikeout shutout, first shoutouts since twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: Huck, you watched all.
Speaker 3: Of it, right, every second of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah? Who was your favorite player? Matt Gutman, Yeah, birthday, he's pretty good.
Speaker 2: The ALE one for the eighteenth time in the last twenty three games.
Speaker 1: Okay, what really matters though, is this al.
Speaker 3: Lewis, are you o get at a core? You don't seem to like sports anymore.
Speaker 4: I really don't know what I can tell.
Speaker 3: I mean, it seems like anything this is.
Speaker 2: The really really I mean, we've called it the abyss for years, but man, the older I get, it's like Jesus the All Star Game.
Speaker 1: It's like I can't believe anybody watches that. But hey, if you like it, go for it.
Speaker 4: But man, is that bad?
Speaker 1: I want it?
Speaker 7: They try really hard to like spruce it up, and like they have the catchers and the pitchers. Instead of doing like this bit with the where they can tell each other the pitch calm thing or like doing signs, they were like talking back and forth. But one of the catchers from one of the teams.
Speaker 1: His mask covers his mouth, so when they were asking, of course it sounded like Baine. That didn't really go over well. But they try and spruce it up. But it didn't really spruce it up. But it just means we're that much closer to football seats.
Speaker 3: That's right, mane.
Speaker 1: But what really matters is this.
Speaker 3: Footbusting cant.
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Told you about Maggie. How about this? Lake Michigan and Lake Huron are hydrogically are logically, I should say, one lake, and it is the largest freshwater lake in the entire world by area, but they are described as being two lakes. If you look at it.
Speaker 1: Man, who gets it aside that? Then that's a good question. I don't know, mister science.
Speaker 3: It's a that. I mean, you guys can't see my screen. I can see my screen.
Speaker 1: I can see it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's one. See they have the dividing. Okay, but these are two different lakes, but not really they're touching right there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just the tips, just the tips. That's hot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I've seen one great lake in my life and that's superior. Really, that's it.
Speaker 3: You've never seen Lake Erie.
Speaker 1: You've never been the Michigan. You've never seen like Michigan.
Speaker 2: No, maybe like again when I was young. I guess maybe that's Chicago.
Speaker 1: Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think I've ever seen it in Milwaukee. Maybe maybe I saw it in Chicago when I was younger. Probably I don't remember it, though, I guess maybe I did see.
Speaker 1: Uh, have you ever been east of Minnesota? I've never been west of Ohio? West west of Ohio. Even though we're currently that was that's your bit. It's not funny anymore? Hey, can I do a sports bit?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 3: What happens?
Speaker 1: Is this?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 7: ESPN the past like week has been doing their yes or executives, coaches, scouts ranked top every position in football, right, and they've done quarterbacks, They've done you know, defensive linemen. Well today it's wide receivers, which we have interested in. And I think this is the only one we have where we'll have somebody representing the Minnesota Vikings on the list. What number is justin Jefferson, He's got to be top three?
Speaker 3: I bet is three.
Speaker 1: Who else is in the conversation?
Speaker 11: For one?
Speaker 1: Jamar Chase.
Speaker 3: Probably Jamar Chase, Pooka Pooka would be up there.
Speaker 6: Who are we forgetting maybe I'm well, not maybe not number one, but Davante Adams.
Speaker 3: That's gotta be three.
Speaker 4: A J.
Speaker 1: Brown that's got to be the three, right, I feel like we're missing somebody. You are?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh sure, js n's number one, CD Lamb.
Speaker 7: Number one is Jamar Chase, okay, number two Justin Jefferson good three, J s N four, Pooka five, a'mon Ross Saint Brown six, C D Lamb seven, George Pickens so back to back Cowboys of course. Then Nico Collins of the Houston Texans A J. Brown, which I think is way too high, and DeVante Adams is ten. I'm surprisingly co Collins is.
Speaker 1: So yeah, the one really matters, is this? Yeah? Man, Sports Sports.
Speaker 3: EA Sports is gonna offer Madden NFL twenty seven on Apple Arcade.
Speaker 4: Oh really Yeah.
Speaker 3: The game will be specifically designed version of the platform. For the first time, players will be able to use game controllers built for mobile devices, including the iPhone and the iPad. NFL Madden twenty seven Arcade edition drops August sixth, the same day as the NFL preseason kicks off the Hall of Fame game.
Speaker 1: Am I just completely missing that?
Speaker 2: Because you know, every time you buy like an Apple product, it'll be like you get six months free of Apple Arcade? Like, who in the sweet hell plays Apple Arcade? I don't know anybody that does, you.
Speaker 4: Guys am, I just missing out. I never I've never heard of anyone using it.
Speaker 3: No, no one, no no ghost face killer does every birthday?
Speaker 1: Ghost Face? Oh by the way, really yesterday when you sent out all the initials, uh uh matchups? Oh yeah, and you tagged for David because he doesn't have Twitter, insane? I just tagged at ICP. Yeah, that was brilliant. Man. Man, he loves ICP. He sure does switch.
Speaker 3: He loves ATM as well.
Speaker 1: He's touched by me.
Speaker 2: Uh, we're back on me, Papa, Papa Zachary. This is a non breaking news news update, but it is July fifteenth.
Speaker 1: Huge.
Speaker 2: What is going on with Quinn.
Speaker 1: Hughes good Christian? I mean, I just don't think there's a no one rushed by the other side.
Speaker 2: I understand it, but no one seems concerned. But I just I'm just wondering why it's taken. So do you know what they're waiting for? Is there like another domino that is waiting to fall?
Speaker 4: Spect So long.
Speaker 8: You could speculate, you could say, oh, maybe there's you know, maybe they're trying to figure out what the uh, you know, this Dylan Lark and stuff is. I don't know, I mean there's there's I just I just think they're they've probably talked plenty and they just are I don't know, the summertime, during the time. It's I'm not, like I said, I have not heard any sort of concern or anything other than the fact that the number of what is being thrown around is what seventeen million, So that's a lot of money and they're going to have to spend it. But it's, like I said, I think I think it's just, you know, they got a good relationship.
Speaker 1: They'll get it done. What really matters, though, is this Happy birthday.
Speaker 3: To the one and only Johnny Thunders. You know who Johnny Thunders is?
Speaker 2: I think I can guess his profession. No, Nope, really that's too bad because that's a great name for it. It really is, all right, So he's not an actor, or at least not that kind of an actor.
Speaker 1: Is Johnny Thunders a musician? Yes he is.
Speaker 2: So he's in a band that we should know or not sort of Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know the name of it. You wouldn't know any of the music, but they were a seminal band, started off a lot of different things. You wouldn't know a single one of their songs though. I bet what era the late sixties early seventies. He was in a band with a guy named Arthur Killer Kane No No, doesn't ring a bell The New York Dolls lead singer Johnny Thunders the New York Dolls.
Speaker 1: I don't know anything about all the New York Dolls.
Speaker 4: Well, I just know the name.
Speaker 3: Yes, they were, and they were a punk glam band though. And the interesting thing about the New York Dolls, specifically Johnny Thunder is even though most people, I would say, probably don't know a single song from them, everyone that you know was inspired by them somehow, And I always find that to be a really, really interesting thing. He died by the Way nineteen ninety one, and rumors surround his death at the Inn on Saint Peter Hotel in New Orleans. Apparently he died of drug related causes, but isn't speculated there was a result of foul play.
Speaker 1: Ooh yeah.
Speaker 3: According to his autobiography d d ramone of the Ramones took a call in New York City the next day from Steve Klassen, the rhythm guitar player for Johnny Thunders. Indeed, he said, they told me Johnny had gotten mixed up in They told me Johnny had gotten mixed up with some bastards. Wait, great quote, DEDI was there more to it? Who knows? But they were bastards.
Speaker 2: Sauce area conspiracy theorist by heart by Nation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what do you think was he murdered? I mean maybe.
Speaker 3: Fair Geedy only loved to be fifty. He died in two thousand and two after he called those people bastards.
Speaker 1: Oh that's it.
Speaker 3: They told me Johnny got mixed up with some bastards.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's a good quote.
Speaker 3: That's a great one.
Speaker 6: New York Dolls are awesome though, Man Looking for a Kiss, great song, and Green Boordan.
Speaker 4: It was one of his favorite bands.
Speaker 1: You bring up an interesting point, though.
Speaker 2: It's like we talked a week or two ago about like NFL greats from the sixties and seventies having to work other jobs because they just didn't have the same kind of contracts. But if they don't exist, then these players aren't making this kind of money, right, think if you are that band that you just named, not even just New York Dolls, but the band that inspired everybody else. Yeah, and you died broke. Nobody can name your songs, nobody knows.
Speaker 4: Who you are.
Speaker 2: But it's truly your fan, your your favorite band's favorite band. Nuts Like, don't they always say that about Tool, even though Tools widely popular and successful and rich. But Tool is every like your favorite your god is even hard to say it's your favorite band's favorite band.
Speaker 1: You are correct, man, got those bastards, those bastards. He really felt that in this soul. Yeah, total sincerity. Yeah you really really you.
Speaker 3: Hear about Johnny is dead. I know you got mixed up with some bastard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's tough.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Let me think of if I do you guys do have to say names? Do you guys know anybody you would describe it as a bastard? And I know what the literal definition is. I'm what I'm talking about. Yeah, liked Gus a real bastard.
Speaker 1: Seen Bear can be a bastard.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, so I go my little scene bear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can be a bastard sometimes. Mumm, Papa No, he's a sweetheart. Scene bear see it.
Speaker 3: Maybe I guess, he says, so, yeah.
Speaker 1: Seen Bear. He could be kind of sassy. I don't know, top of my head, not really, not necessarily.
Speaker 3: No, I know some people that I've never met that I would call bastards.
Speaker 1: Sure, yeah, I mean I can be a bastard.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you said it.
Speaker 1: Yeah we were here.
Speaker 4: Corey can be a bastard.
Speaker 3: Sure yeah, hockey you can, man, I could be a real bastard.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh, San Jose Sharks star Maclan Celebrini is going to be on EA Sports NHL twenty seven.
Speaker 1: He's going to be on the cover.
Speaker 2: That'll make him the youngest cover athlete in the NHL franchise history. He's just twenty Wow damn number one overall pick in twenty twenty four. Maclan Celebrini on the cover of NHL twenty So he's not a bastard.
Speaker 1: He is not.
Speaker 8: I'll probably be a Stanley Cup champion pretty soon too. The Sharks are just loaded.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, ho'st chill these days, Zacho, And I know you hate Madden the House.
Speaker 1: Chill haven't played. It's I mean, same issues.
Speaker 8: There's no competition, so it hasn't gotten better in many, many years.
Speaker 4: I haven't.
Speaker 8: I think my last one was twenty three or twenty four, so and I think we played twenty four for about three days.
Speaker 3: But he was on the cover of twenty four. I remember this. No Jack Bauer, Nope, Gabrielle Iglesias.
Speaker 1: That's right, Fluffy, he's at Fluffy can sca.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's on the cover.
Speaker 2: Is a misprint, Helloway Zachary. I just looked at Nothing's best on draftings. Uh, these Sharks are eighth for eighth. Yeah, so they're right in the mix.
Speaker 8: Yeah, if not this year, certainly in the next year is if not, no win, Yeah, it's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Think about this.
Speaker 7: Maclin Celebrini born in twenty excuse me, two thousand and six. They have another guy that was born in O seven. Will Smith, My god, the fresh bring Yeah.
Speaker 2: DraftKings, odds to win it all next year. Panthers number one, Avalanche number two, Hurricanes three, Vegas four.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, the light one lightning in Oilers five Slash six. Then the Minnesota Wild are seven.
Speaker 2: Go feels about right somewhere in that range, right somewhere in that three to five range. Man, we got them at seven, apparently on DraftKings whatever.
Speaker 1: All right, the news or a second.
Speaker 2: Are we checking in with Parker Fox from the SPS.
Speaker 1: Is that still happening or not?
Speaker 2: During the.
Speaker 1: The golf, got it, got it, got it, shot at the number one. Okay, so he'll get those.
Speaker 3: Wrestlers in the big chott gable otis still be in the moment, all.
Speaker 2: Right, News in a second of power through morning joke Fann from
Speaker 1: The one eight hundred