Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. It's Game one of the NLCS and Dodger catcher Will Smith has been in the postseason every single season in the big leagues. Will thanks a lot for the time. Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Does this ever get lost on you that what you've done in your career? Not a lot of players get an opportunity to be part of the postseason every season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's special. You know. I'm fortunate to be with the Dodgers. You know, we're in a spot we're good every year, so we get to play in these late late October games. I'm trying to do it again this year, trying to, you know, have a good series against the Brewers. They're a good team, come out and eliminate them and move on to the World Series.
Speaker 1: Other Dodgers have told me how much they love hitting in this ballpark. What is it about this ballpark that makes it so hit her friendly?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I've I don't know, honestly, I don't know. So hit her friendly, but got a good place to hit you can see the ball well here, I don't know. They got some good arms there though. They throw the ball hard, so it'll be it'll be a good test.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know the reason, I really don't, but yeah, it's yeah, it's a good backdrop over there.
Speaker 1: Well, this Brewers team puts the ball in play a lot. They forced the issue taking the extra base, stealing bases. They've led the National League and stealing bases this year. How much is that in the back of your mind and putting it in the forefront of Pitcher's minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's definitely. Know what they're good at. They do the little things well, they take the extra base, they they keep pressure on the other team. So yeah, we're gonna have to do our best to you know, slow them down, keep them off the bases now then go to that extra ninety feet. But yeah, we just gotta play good baseball. You know, Pitcher's gotta pitch, give me a chance to throw them out if they go, you know, make make the plays in the field and not give them any extra any extra bases.
Speaker 1: I know, every situation dictates what's more important than another, but how important is it to try to control them and stealing bases?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, ninety feet huge. You know, you go from first to second, you're a score position in base knock is a run, so it's big. We gotta cut him down. You know, pitches gotta be quick, but they still got to make their pitches. And you know, I gotta make a good throw Mooki or Muki or Tommy or Miggey, whoever's out there. It's got to get a good tag. So it'll be tough. But uh, you know, I feel like we've done a pretty pretty good job with it this year.
Speaker 1: Everybody's gonna point to the fact they beat you all six times this year, But how different is this Dodger team compared to the one that they saw in July six times in ten days.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they they beats pretty handley. That was that was kind of our roughest stretch was right around them. But they're a good too. Yeah, we've got to play good baseball. You know, it's gonna start with h Blake the offense to good start, and uh, yeah, I try to win a game one.
Speaker 1: Blake Snell has really shown what he's all about in the first couple of starts in the postseason. What have you seen from him? Just in these handful of starts that you've caught.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's he's been dominant. I only call it the one inning for him from Philly. But uh, just watching him Againt Cincinnati, watching mister Phillies in early in that series, it was it was. It was awesome, man, it was. It was impressive what he was doing. It's he's mixing pitches. He's just making pitches. He's executing, getting ahead of guys, putting guys away, missing barrels. It's it's been fun to watch.
Speaker 1: Early in the start. Can you tell when he's on? Is it about the fastball command up in the zone? Is it the change up? What is it that tells you Okay, he's got it tonight.
Speaker 2: Uh, he's usually pretty on. You know, usually stuff's there, he's making pitches. But yeah, it's just the command, it's how it's how the hitters are reacting to it. Yeah, just just mixing speeds, keep him off balance, being unpredictable, putting guys away, and you know, getting outs and putting on zeros.
Speaker 1: Before I let you go. It seems like the talk about your right hand has quite it quite a bit. Is that just a product of the fact that it's not affecting you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's feeling good. It's feeling good, no worries at all, still doing you know, the daily treatment all that. So it's feeling good. Uh but yeah, we're in a really good spot right now. All right.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks a lot for the time, appreciate it, and good luck this series and I'll stay away from the slide, all right.
Speaker 2: Thanks,