Speaker 1: Seven thirty six seven hundred WLW. You are tuned to the Cincinnati Tax Resolution Power by Tope Sheldon Roundtable Show. It's presented by Postman Law. We do it each week this month at Long Next in Richwood. Thanks for hanging out with us tonight. We've got a drawing coming up at eight o'clock tonight. If you're in the house, ask your server for a ticket, write your name on the back, give it back to her. We'll draw at eight. Got to be here to win couple of cool prizes we'll give away coming up top of the hour. Let's talk some high school football. You hear our next guest on Friday Nights with the award winning High School Football Tonight Show on ESPN fifteen thirty and Fox Sports thirteen sixty. You read him as content manager at tristatefootball dot Com. Always a pleasure to welcome in, Greg Shoemaker.
Speaker 2: How are you, wonderful guys, that you doing on this evening?
Speaker 1: We are well, we are ready to go, and let's jump right into week nine. And we start with those Anderson Raptors against the Wintonwoods Warriors. And I know Anderson just lights up the scoreboard offensively and Winton Woods does not allow that. I can't wait to see how this plays out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, Lancerew right on there, You're talking about two teams that have the best parts of them are the opposite parts of each other when you go into this game. Anderson's already clinched a top four playoff spot to earn a buy in Division two Region eight, and Winton Woods has already clinched a spot and currently sits fifth in the Division one Region four computer ratings. What does that mean both teams? Right now? Anderson gets a win, they're in for probably the number one seed overall in Division to Region eight, and went Woods to get that first round by and they could actually use this with that win against winton Woods. Now, went Woods has won six in a row. Their defense has only given up nine point six points per game, and it's not allowed more than seventeen in the contest all season. And they played some good teams, you know. I mean, obviously they both have the ECC. They got that eight game schedule, but even in the non conference schedule, Wentwoods plays Springfield, which is a very very good team. So looking forward to that. Now, Anderson's averaging fifty one point two points per game and has a forty point average margin of victory. But here's the thing. Their defense is only allowing eleven point two points per game. They've held seven of their eight victims to sixteen points or fewer. This is a game where Wentwoods is going to have to run the football. Their leading rusher is their quarterback bry Sean Brown, and they've only had He's only ran for like three hundred and sixty yards on the air. They don't have a running back with over three hundred yards a game rushing, So if Wentwoods wants to keep this game close, they're gonna have to keep the ball on offense and run the football. You know, if Anderson gets out into a big lead in this game, it's going to be hard for win Woods to catch up. Interesting quarterback Owen scaff has thrown for twenty six hundred yards and twenty five touchdowns over three hundred yards a game through eight games in his first year as a starter. Been fantastic. And the one thing that worries me about wint Woods in this game is they don't have a lot of turnovers. Much like a lot of the other Wentwoods teams in years past, this team hasn't created turnovers like the other one, and that worries me. In a game where interesting It can score so many points, they have to come up with turnovers if Winwoods wants to win.
Speaker 3: All right, Greg, a rivalry matchup here. Alter sitting at six and two at number fourteen Baden the Rams. How you seeing this one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so last week we talked a little bit about Alter. They beat mcnick twelve to nothing last week and then but they got they got a hard one tonight or Friday night against Baden. Baden's won the last six DCL co co ed titles outright. It's looking for a share of at least their eighth consecutive of GCL Small School crown, which is amazing because before that Alter was the king of the road. But now it's it's switched to Baden. You know, Beaden's already Clint. We're talking a lot of playoffs tonight. Bean's already clinched a playoff spot and currently sits at division or number three H in the Division three Region twelve computer rate rankings. That is looking to build on that seed and get that solidify that first round by Alter has clinched the spot, but they control their own destiny. They haven't solidified a top four spot or anything like that, and they're sitting at number five in the Division three Region twelve computer rankings right now, so a big game for the winner. The winner is probably going to get a first round by in this one. Bayden averages forty four points six points per game and has an average margin of victory a thirty one point four points per game they have, but they only have one win. It gets a winning team or a team that's above five hundred currently, So it's an interesting situation right here. Last week Alter beat mcknick, who's sitting at five and three. They played those kind of teams all year so and al there's one four in a row. They're giving up just ten points a game or giving up just ten in that span, and they've just given up eighty four points on the season, So something's got to give in this one. But at home, bating in that new stadium. I look for them to come out victorious in this one, and it's another great season for the Rams. This is going to be good because both these teams in the playoffs, along with a couple other teams there in Region twelve. It's going to be a fun playoff for sure. And it's just I mean, it's just going to get better for sure.
Speaker 1: All Right, South Dearborn and Lawrenceburg like two ships passing in the night. They're going in much different directions at this stage of the season, and I love this.
Speaker 2: We're going to talk a little bit about some Indiana football tonight. And the thing about these two teams is Lawrenceburg has lost the opener to East Central the last nine years. Seven times. In those last nine years they have gone on to go win the next eight games to win after regular season. I look for the same thing here. So I mean, it's just crazy that whole streak. Lawrence but a great team, but just can't get over that Humber. It's the bigger East Central team. In week one, Lawrenceburg gets averaging fifty point one points per game, has scored forty or more and all seven of their current during their current winning streak of seven games. And Krew Gilmour, their sophomore quarterback, has thrown for twenty touchdowns, run for six, and he's also you know, he's thrown for thirteen He's got like two thousand yards of total offense already through the eight games Keen Years, Keeton McGrath and Isaiah Williams. They both have combined for twenty six touchdowns on their offense and their defense, which has been fantastic, is holding a foes to six points six points per game during their current winning streak. So this is a very good team. Now South Dearborne, they've lost three in a row after starting four and one, and they're looking to get back on track in the playoffs because last week they lost to Rushville twenty six to twenty one at Rushville, and after this game against Lawrenceburg, they have Rushville again in Week one of the playoffs. So it's a very young rush South Dearborn team. They start a freshman at quarterback, and they do have a star and Brady Baller, your senior who's going to Louisville, but I don't know if he's enough to take on everything that Lawrenceburg has to offer in this one.
Speaker 3: All right, Greg MVC showdown here North College Hill at CCD since ninth Country Day, now North College Hill. If I recall, they haven't been very good in recent years, but they're having a heck of a season at seven to one, right.
Speaker 2: They sure are and seven wins is the most in school at the school since twenty eleven. They haven't finished above five hundred since twenty twelve. They were in a great run, Like you said, Rocky. They they finished the twenty ten in two thousand and nine seasons ten and oer in the regular season before losing in the first round of the playoffs. So it's been a while. That was the Bruce Barenzi year. Showe Nichols, the athletic director over there, they have some great runs. Greg Conwell has done a great job of getting this team back to where it needs to be in this program, back to where it needs to be. They see they're running back Cornelia Spiller, he's a junior. He's got one thousand yards and nine touchdowns on ninety carries to the team's first six wins him played the last two weeks, so that'll be interesting there and then Cincinnat Country Day. Their junior quarterback Levi Guttman has thrown for fifteen and thirty nine yards, leaves the team with six hundred and sixty seven yards rushing, has eight touchdowns on the ground and nineteen touchdowns through the air with no interception. So they they're they're lighting it up. And their defense has been great too. They've held six of their last eight opponents to eight or sixular eight opponents to eight points or fewer this season, but they did give up fifty six and Week two and I lost to Blanchester. So I think this could be a high scoring game because of so many athletes out there, and in a small school game like this, when those guys get into opening open field, they really show their athleticism off. And I do think this could be a game where you can see both teams hitting the thirty five to forty marks easily. It could be a long, long, but fun night at Cincinnati Country Day. This is good. I'm glad we're going to talk about small schools like this because we rarely do. But this is a fun game. This is going to be a good one for sure.
Speaker 1: Excellent, excellent, all right, look ahead and give us a preview of the show on Friday night.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, Actually we'll have Cincinnati Country Day head coach Dennis Coyle previewing this game against North College Hill. We also have Lawrenceburg head coach Ryan Knigget previewing his game against South Dearborn. Very very good stuff there in Dixie Heights head coach Patrick Burk's going to preview his game against Boone County Dixie. Heiss won three of their last four Boone County four and three for a first time in a long time too, So yeah, the pregame show is gonna be awesome. And then we got Think Xavier and Standing Natchius and then we'll be back on Sujuan alv after the State Xavier game on Fox Sports thirteen sixty and ESPN fifteen thirty. We'll have highlights and coach interviews all throughout the night up until eleven o'clock on those two channels. For sure, it'll be great. And then Tristatefootball dot com that's where you can get all the other coverage on Friday night. It's gonna be another great night. And again computer rankings and everybody wrestling for jockeying or physician and where they stand for the playoffs.
Speaker 1: For sure, right now excellent, can't wait. Appreciate you making time, Appreciate you making Wednesday night happen. Can I suppose I can't read your text to me live on the air that you sent me when I reminded you earlier today?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: It ain't just a reminder there there might have been a word like, oh man, I forgot you. You were the man.
Speaker 2: I was on my way to Green Bay when you sit that out, and the weekend got a little behind me by the way, lambeau Field, if anybody hadn't been a bucket list place to go, maybe amazing trip this past week, for sure.
Speaker 1: Gotta go. Great stuff is always Thanks for doing it, Greg. We'll talk next week.
Speaker 2: All right, See you guys have a great weekend
Speaker 1: All right, youss correct