Speaker 1: More variety from the two thousands, the nineties, and today it's a star one on one three morning. It's Marcus time once again for second date update. Let's do this. We're trying to bring people together. Has not been a successful week. I'm not gonna lie. This is a hell of a lead up. Jen's on the phone. Hi, Jen, Hi, I think you're the one though. I do think you're the one. This is gonna work. I just feel like we're going to get you a second date. I feel like this is going to happen.
Speaker 2: I mean, I just want to meet the one for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I understand if you're just joining the show. The way this works is Jen went on a date with a guy named Cody, and then he has ghosted. Now you're going to tell us about the date. Here in a second, we're gonna call Cody with you on the phone on mute so we can't hear you, and we're all just going to try to figure out if something went sideways or if he's just been busy or what. So, how did you guys meet? And then what did you do for your first date?
Speaker 3: Okay, so we actually met at a bar. I was doing this Grandma crawl and I was in my grandma.
Speaker 1: Outfit and you were doing a one. Now a grandma, what is that that?
Speaker 3: Like, we're a group of like women, we dress as grandma's and it's around Halloween time, so we bar hopped through town.
Speaker 1: You know why that's crazy is just this week I was talking to my producer about grandma hobbies that you should pick up, and she does them all crochet like scrapbooking, so.
Speaker 2: Like baking cookies, cakes. Definitely, can we just identify?
Speaker 1: Okay, can we just agree that grandma's are bosses? Like for real?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't see why anybody would hate.
Speaker 2: On grandma's Like that is actually a red flag.
Speaker 3: So when I met Cody, he was very open minded and like that's one of the main reasons why we got along.
Speaker 2: We just had a very chill and free spirited vibe.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: And then I met the bar with his friend. We got each other's numbers, and he asked me out to go to a concert, and so we did that a few weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Okay, indoor or outdoor, I don't know if it matters, but I'm just curious.
Speaker 3: It was outdoors, okay, Okay, Yeah, the energy was electric. I even brought my own tambourine, and.
Speaker 1: Okay, I just don't know.
Speaker 3: He hasn't talked, like texted me for like a while now, so I guess I'm wondering, like did I do anything wrong?
Speaker 2: Or like what happens? Like where did he go?
Speaker 1: Did you did you? What did you guys do after the concert? Did you did anything else happen? Like what happened at the end? Kiss or hugger?
Speaker 3: We didn't kiss, but we did hug and it was a pretty strong one.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know what like.
Speaker 2: When there's a good hug. Sure, since you're I.
Speaker 3: Felt like that, and he is ghosted, I would say so that he's since so.
Speaker 1: Like I said, you know the drill, We're gonna have you mute your phone and we will try to get some answers. Hopefully I can get you a second date. I'm gonna cross my fingers, Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean hopefully he's alive.
Speaker 1: You're the second person to say that this week. Oh my god, it's Marcus. We're doing second date. Update. I've got Jen on the phone and she was telling me a couple of things. Jen, you were telling me not only about your date with Cody, who ghosted and we are going to call him. But also about this Grandma crawl that you and your girlfriends went on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's how I met Cody.
Speaker 3: And also the tradition that you like, this is my fourth year doing Grandma crawl.
Speaker 1: And yeah, like you literally dress up his grandma's and go drinking.
Speaker 3: Yes, and we also twork so uh yeah, like we we love to like get the energy up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people in the bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did not have twerking Grandma's on my bingo card, but like the visuals alone are stunning. Okay, let's get back to business. Go go ahead and mut your phone and we're gonna call Cody. Here we go. Hello, Yeah, can I speak to Cody please? Oh yeah, see hey Cody. My name is Marcus. I do a morning show, a radio show for iHeartRadio out of San Francisco on Star one one three. Do you have a second to be on the radio with us? Have you ever heard of the show?
Speaker 4: No? I'm sorry, No, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: All good, bro, I'm sorry if I woke you up too, by the.
Speaker 4: Way, Yeah, sure, is like a survey or something.
Speaker 1: No, So I got floated your phone number from a girl who listens to my show, and she went on a date with you recently, and she's feeling like you're ghostinger, and we're just trying to figure out like if she did something wrong or something go sideways, or maybe you've just been busy. I don't know. And if you have a couple of seconds to talk about the date, I'd love to get your perspective. Her name is Jen. Are you comfortable talking about your date with Jen on the air?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, thank you. So how did it go? Did you ghost?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I guess technically I did. Okay, she's really hot, you know.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a good start.
Speaker 4: Smile. And you know when we first met us, you know, she's really funny and like just all like an old lady and stuff.
Speaker 1: She said, you guys kind of had the same vibe, like the same kind of energy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would not say that, Okay, Yeah, her vibes a little much. So well, we went to this like concert thing like this like festival or whatever, and she got so hammered off white claws, which I didn't even really know was possible. She had like two or three and she was just like us, a saft, super mess.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 4: She was like yeah, yelling at the band and you know, she had the tambourine. She was just like playing offbeat like throughout every song.
Speaker 1: Okay, And I was just like.
Speaker 4: Embarrassing man, Like she was like flurring her words and like she kept you know that bit when people yell free bird, like try to get people to play free bird. Yes, yeah, she's doing that, like way past the point of it being funny, okay, And she kept she kept asking me to like film her for her TikTok hot girl Hang Okay, and it was just so.
Speaker 1: It was so much honestly, that's her TikTok.
Speaker 4: And then I looked it up and the hot girl hang, it's not even a thing, doesn't even exist, okay, Cody.
Speaker 1: Okay. So actually Jen's on the phone, Cody. She's listening in, which is, like I said, trying to make this a teachable moment. Sorry for sneaking up on you is sorry, Hey, can I just.
Speaker 2: Say my paper first?
Speaker 3: Like I am going to make that little movement itself, like so it's funny how like I feel like you're kind of doubted what I can.
Speaker 2: Make, but it's I'm gonna start that. So it's gonna be a trend from me.
Speaker 1: Okay, can we talk about the other stuff? Though, didn't feel obnoxious to you at all with the tambourine and the and the shouting and the free bird and that miss a lot of stuff.
Speaker 2: I don't see how I was obnoxious. Like we're at a concert.
Speaker 3: It's outdoor, right, so like we're all here to have entertainment, and like if you're there being stuck energy, how is that fun? Right?
Speaker 4: Like what do you want to But I'm also people having fun. Everybody wants to able to enjoy the concert or whatever. Like people are moving away from us, Like the band kept like looking over like with these weird looks, like I.
Speaker 2: Think the band loved me. Actually, so I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure they're actually trying to get security.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, you guys. I don't think this is a match, so I'm gonna call it