Speaker 1: It is almost Halloween. Today is the twenty ninth, where a couple of days away Boo bashes tomorrow night. On Friday, you might be able to dress up for work or you know, go to your neighborhood block party or whatever. But also some people really get into decorating their yards. And we got Brenda on the phone. We're just kind of chatting about somebody who's Wait, we got your email yesterday, but I wanted to talk to you today. There are like really cool Halloween decorations. Like my neighbor has like a graveyard in their yard. It's kind a fence around it with a bunch of skeletons sitting on the graveyards stones, whatever. But Brenda, your neighbor went a little over the top and you don't like it, and you're not being a Karen. I don't think you're being a Karen. I think you're justified. Tell me what's going on, Brenda.
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, we have new neighbors. They moved in over the summer, so this is our first Halloween with them. They have awful Halloween decorations. It's a Texas chainsaw mass a curseme. Yeah, Okay, Yannakin holding a real chainsaw with a leather mask on.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: They also like use a speaker to blast like chainsaw sound effect.
Speaker 1: Okay, now that's what we call realism there. That's good. So so is this just you don't know? But it's it's going all the time, even though it's not how.
Speaker 3: And it's not Halloween right now, you said that the chainsaw is are they running it constantly?
Speaker 2: They put the speaker on at like nine o'clock at night, they put at.
Speaker 1: Night, or they take it down at nine o'clock at night.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, they turn it off.
Speaker 1: Okay. I was just thinking, So what time did they start running the chainsaw sound effect?
Speaker 2: I mean five or six? It's just going all easier.
Speaker 1: And there's somebody's screen. What is the rest of the decor in the yard, Brenda, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's like a mannequin of a woman her arms missing and their body part sorts brawled all over the lawn like a bloody arm and leg awful, and you can hear on the speaker a woman's screaming and running. It's terrifying.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's annoying. Well, you got to commend the commitment. Yeah, yeah, you have to especially out here. I'm assuming like people I hear go crazy because I nooka so close. I tell you. Over the weekend I went to the the house decorating contests and some people went in. I don't know about real chainsaws and body parts galore, but I'm kind of impressed. But at the same time, I hear where you're coming from, Brenda. It's like, all right, how old are your kids? I mean you got little kids? How old are your kids?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I had three and six, So thank your skarhood is this full of kids.
Speaker 1: And so really not really blending with the brand of the neighborhood.
Speaker 3: Everyone's got like Mickey Mouse as a pumpkin, and then they've got like body parts on the.
Speaker 1: Ground pumpkin, like a little witch or like the Grinch or not the Grinch, but whatever, kid friendly. So what are you asking whether your annoyance is justified? Are you asking whether you should go steal the mannequins? Are you asking? What are you What is your question? Brenda?
Speaker 2: Well, I know it's kind of late now, so I probably wouldn't say anything at this point because Halloween's almost over. But should I ask them to at least turn the speaker off for brick treating, so it doesn't freak the kids out.
Speaker 3: Or oh, I feel like we always have that one you have that like one house in the neighborhood that's like too scary to go up to. Like in our neighborhood, it was that there was a guy that was sitting on a bench next to the front door, so if you wanted candy, you'd had to walk past this guy who looked like a mannequin. But then he goes and so no one went to that house.
Speaker 1: When Carson was about four, he was Darth Vader and we went to a house just like that. There was a guy sitting on the bench acting like he was a mannequin, and when you came up, he would jump up and scare you. But he saw a little Carson coming. He's just a neighborhood dad. He saw a little Carson coming up, and he stood up and he's like, Hi, how are you. Oh you're a Darth Vader, And it was like good for you.
Speaker 3: Right, But at least with like these decorations, the kids can't like they can decide I'm not gonna go, but it's not like you can say, oh, I'm just kidding, buddy, just kidding. Hey, little Darth Vader. No, you've got body parts strewn around the ground. They probably got the best candy. You know what I'm gonna tell you. I'm maybe it's just me.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 1: I think it's really cool. I could just steer your kids around it, be like, Okay, we don't like that house. Yeah, but you got to figure fourteen year old Brianna and her girlfriends. They love that house, so scar Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Got yeah, but by parts.
Speaker 1: I'd be bummed though. If I was like the direct neighbor, which I'm assuming you are, and then you don't have kids coming up to.
Speaker 3: Your house even because they're so scared of the house next door. Yeah, that would be a bummer. It's valid.
Speaker 1: I'd be most annoyed at the chainsaw sound effects running from five until nine nightly. Hey, Karen, I mean Brenda, thanks for being on the show. Happy Halloween, thank you, thank you. What do you think I mean? I don't know. I would say it's a couple of days out of the year, let them do it, let him go crazy.
Speaker 4: What do you