Speaker 1: Played that morning boom.
Speaker 2: Did you play any instruments? Were you in band in high school? Have we asked you this?
Speaker 3: I should have played the drums looking back, yeah, but I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't no instruments.
Speaker 3: I mean, I I love music and I actually am pretty rhythmic, So yeah, I wish I would have played the drums or the fiddle. But when I was growing up it was called the violin, and nobody cool played it. And now you watch a concert with somebody who has a good fiddle player and it's like, yes, that is so cool.
Speaker 2: What's the cool dude that we know from now? Then the guy that plays in that band?
Speaker 1: Hoffman?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Nick exactly, a nice guy. Yeah, yeah, specifically now then Minnesota.
Speaker 5: Played for Kenny Chesney for ten twelve years yep. And then he was in the farm and.
Speaker 4: Doing like outdoor shows.
Speaker 5: He's got a show I forget what it's called with with Nick Hoffman, and he did a an Apple podcast for a long time called Something Other and really a great podcast. Look up Nick Coffman. He interviewed great country music, that guy all.
Speaker 4: Over the place and stuff.
Speaker 6: Was he the guy that was like, don't meet your heroes because Mellon Camp was a I think so, yeah, he got exact guy. Yep, yep.
Speaker 5: Nick's the best. He wrote a couple of songs for me on a couple of my records. Martins, good dude.
Speaker 4: Sounds like a great guy. Yeah, yeah, an interesting person.
Speaker 2: But full circle, go all the way back to the point. Is it just go ahead and play the fiddle?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And you know what? Yeah, you know what they always say, diddle the fiddle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you do say that a lot the way.
Speaker 2: Speaking of diddle fiddle, Happy birthday, Paul Allen, he turned sixty today.
Speaker 4: Happy birthday. Okay, where do you go? Polly Wally sixty years old? I'm sixty. He's sixty, got great hair. He doesn't care or is he taking this day off properly? So I think he's working. I'm not sure. Don't be working? Might?
Speaker 6: I mean?
Speaker 4: I'm not planning to work on my sixtieth. Well that's years, I mean yeah, great point, jure money, I thought it was thirty years.
Speaker 6: Marty's Fiftiethfore we all showed up and Rosie just talked about sex. Rosie talked about what Why did Rosie start talking about sex at Marty's birthday?
Speaker 1: Does he can't help it. He ask questions, not do you ever see anything like this before in your life? This is a natural.
Speaker 4: Why did you say that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He didn't talk to you guys about that.
Speaker 4: He has a different voice when he's not on the radio. Turned on ESPN quickly? Do you have ESPN on?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 4: Doesn't Jeff Sayaturday look like Pa right now?
Speaker 1: I guess? Oh yeah, that's an HL network.
Speaker 6: Like if if Jeff Saturday had like gray er hair, it looks like Paul Allen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Paul Sunday.
Speaker 4: To do the news.
Speaker 1: I don't care. I don't know how to operate televisions.
Speaker 4: It's sixty four hogs.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's like seven to eight.
Speaker 4: Oh no, No, the channel you're looking for here you go is Cafe in News with Chris Hockey.
Speaker 1: You're right, that's that's it.
Speaker 5: No sponsors brought to you by book me for your speech at John Creesel dot com or Chris Hockey dot com.
Speaker 8: Please you by the Twins Daily Winter Meltdown.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's happening too.
Speaker 4: And Initials Game dot Com. That's Initials game dot com.
Speaker 1: That's sure.
Speaker 4: Oh anybody else?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure? Jedediah Smith, the frontiersman.
Speaker 4: What he's bringing us the news? Okay, so hopefully that's not the end of this.
Speaker 1: That's one of the sponsors tennis as well.
Speaker 4: Is that like the frontier Lady Nelson?
Speaker 1: John? Backgammon?
Speaker 4: Oh? Anybody hear how to play backgammon? I do have never played it? Can you play it for money? I believe.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you have to sit on I don't know why. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It sounds like you doctor evil for a second. Can you play it for Monday? I'm not smart, dumb, We'll straighten your ass up.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Listen, I got stories.
Speaker 4: Do you play chess? I mean, I don't play it. I don't seek it.
Speaker 1: Out, hide in your chest.
Speaker 4: But you know, how do you know how every piece moves? Yes? Really?
Speaker 8: Okay?
Speaker 6: The the mini ones, the pawns move.
Speaker 4: They can only move forward.
Speaker 6: I think they can move forward two spots on the first move the night to move diagonally. When can can ponds only move forward at the start of the game? Yeah, at the start of the game. Sure the queen can do every move and yeah, she just kind of sits there dumb looking. You got to hide him from the other people. What about the bishop.
Speaker 4: Those go straight, they can go forever. That's what's the one with the night helmet.
Speaker 1: That guy from Russia just hung himself.
Speaker 4: I used to this.
Speaker 1: Is what chess is all about. I've given my.
Speaker 4: Whole Who's the guy that's really good at it?
Speaker 1: Bobby? Here he is? Hello?
Speaker 7: What you just.
Speaker 1: Okay? You guys are squarely. I got news to do you ready? Yes? Hey, many apple.
Speaker 5: This woman is receiving a national award for rescuing a child. Carmen Black received a Heroic Act Award for the United States Life Saving Association on money during a ceremony at Minneapolis fire station. Black rescued a child who was struggling in the water. The award is the highest honor the organization gives to a bystander who is not a lifeguard or first responder.
Speaker 2: Did this happen recently? Like was this in a pool? Or was this in the summer? And now she's just getting yeah, it just happened.
Speaker 5: I mean it happened like it didn't happen just now. But yeah, I don't I don't have any more information. That's just the new story right there, right on. Well done, Carmen Black. Nice job. I would like to think I could be heroic, but I can't be sure. I think you would you, I'd be like, that's that big breasted woman. Oh wait, that's Paul. Yeah, he should really roll over. Wow, because he's laying face down in a bird pond like a bird. You're not smart. Your head's so heavy. You just decided. Yeah, and your dad's standing on top of your head.
Speaker 1: Why your face down? He doesn't want you. He just wouldn't rescue here.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: Can you take your elderly?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 4: How you ask a lot of good questions. I don't think I do.
Speaker 1: Marnie, yep? Are you ready for this?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 1: Too bad?
Speaker 5: Colorado Parks and Wildlife officials say a mountain trail has been reopened after a suspected deadly mountain lion attack.
Speaker 1: Last week.
Speaker 5: Wildlife officials euthanized two mountain lions. I guess that's what kids when he does it to.
Speaker 8: Learn lesson.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: One of them really did get screwed? What if they both got screwed? What if neither one of them did it?
Speaker 6: Me?
Speaker 5: I know the mountain lion mafia don't wear those colors, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Which colors?
Speaker 5: Probably brown and probably brown and gray. I don't know what color is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there a mountain lions, Yeah sure, yeah.
Speaker 5: So they're none on your arm am I right, I think you are. So you can go walking now on trails because the mountain lion problem has been taken care of.
Speaker 1: You guys are wondering about.
Speaker 2: Let's let's go backwards though. You know, when we talk about Florida, that is basically Jurassic Park, as it has gators and giant snakes and whatnot and great white sharks. And you go to like you know, you go to the west and there are mountain lions and bears and stuff. If you go weather and animal threats, Minnesota is one of the safest places in the country to live. I know we have blizzards, but outside of that, right, it's not tornado alley like in Oklahoma. We're not catching hurricanes in the Southeast, earthquakes, earthquakes. We don't have deadly snakes, bears like we have bears, but like we don't have we don't have threats from animals or weather almost everolcanoes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, good point.
Speaker 2: Blizzards are about as bad as it gets. We get the occasional tornado, but it's not Tornado Alley. Pretty safe spot to live, very few threats here.
Speaker 8: Illinois, Iowa, mis Chigan. They're all safer, right, they don't They don't have the blizzard and they don't have any other other stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're the safest.
Speaker 2: But we were in the conversation like, there's it's an overall pretty safe spot to live.
Speaker 4: What's the worst? The South? I mean, Florida is Jurassic Park. Hurricanes and dinosaurs.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a path outside of this hotel we stay in when we go down to play Tampa Bay and it says don't leave the trail.
Speaker 1: There are gators in the water.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dinosaurs, hurricanes and meth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, and all the residue from the limp is cad era, which is still very dangerous, a lot of viruses, yeah, and cocaine and cocaine. Have you watched It's Florida Man yet with your guy Nick.
Speaker 4: Swartz, And I've seen the bit. I've seen. It's a funny episode. Man does a really good job.
Speaker 1: He's really good.
Speaker 6: People came out and said that he looks like he's actually that character and doing those rugs, and he went on Instagram was like, no, I'm almost fifty I'm not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so climbing through a little Caesar's window. It was a good episode. Yeah, he's funny.
Speaker 4: He is really funny.
Speaker 1: He's real funny.
Speaker 3: I listened to about forty five minutes of that podcast you sent out on our group textes podcast.
Speaker 4: Yea quotes do ad a great job. They put a lot of work, Yes, they do.
Speaker 3: The reason I brought it up was because they started with the region that I'm in and I was up against Nick.
Speaker 4: Swartzen, which that's that's a tall task to draw.
Speaker 3: It was funny because the way they set it up, They're like, well Nick swarts And only has one entry and Marnie has one entry. And then they played it in there and then they went right on and now here's Chris Hockey one of his twenty four entries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you don't say the word penis enough funny.
Speaker 4: We thought for a while Hawk was running that account.
Speaker 1: Yeah you sure did this stuff. Yeah they do a great job.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Great.
Speaker 5: Novo Nordisks injectable weight loss drug we goov is now available in pill form. The Danish drug makers launching a once a day weight loss pill in the United States this week. It says a started dose of a goov will be sold for one hundred forty nine dollars a month to patients for not paying with interns who by directly from the manufacturer we Govi's the first GLP one medication to arrive in pill form. Novo Nordisks says it will be available through more than seventy thousand pharmacies nationwide plus select telehealth providers.
Speaker 2: Did you still need it approved by a physician or can you just get it over the counter?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: I think you can just I think you can just get it.
Speaker 4: Did you say one forty nine a month? That's right? That isn't that's a lot less?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, significantly a lot.
Speaker 2: It was like a thousand, and then it was dropping a five hundred with some providers, right, but this would be considerably less.
Speaker 1: Considerably yes, yes, yes, yes.
Speaker 3: And where we're headed, that's where we're headed. You know who might be responsible for part of this push of making it more available, more cost effective, et cetera, et cetera, is miss Oprah.
Speaker 2: I thought you were going to say, Mark Cuban, Oh, Oprah, Well, your hands up?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm sorry, I mean your hands up.
Speaker 2: Are you going to ask if hawk wants to bang Mark Cuban or Oprah Oprah. She's famous and a billionaire and she loves reading books.
Speaker 5: You do need a prescription at pharmacies, right, of course.
Speaker 1: Uh, some telehealth providers.
Speaker 5: Have partnered with them to get you the pill, so like good RX and Noble Care Pharmacy and Row and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Didn't I hear Costco was going to carry.
Speaker 8: Costco had a big thing with with.
Speaker 4: But I don't know that you.
Speaker 1: Need You do need a prescription to go from Costco, of course.
Speaker 6: I mean.
Speaker 3: I think you just needed a Casco membership.
Speaker 1: Hot dogs?
Speaker 4: Got a Costco hot dog.
Speaker 6: I know you guys are doing like adult things, but I was just thinking about hot dogs.
Speaker 3: My daughter got the vanilla cone or vanilla cup yesterday Costco.
Speaker 4: Damn, let's go to fifty super cheap. Just a huge cup ice cream?
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, huge bitch.
Speaker 5: Vanilla ice cream and a cup is my favorite second favorite thing that comes in cups.
Speaker 4: What's your first? What do you think is the chocolate na helmets?
Speaker 1: I can be.
Speaker 9: Oh so also do sports after this?
Speaker 6: You're excited? Can't wait, It'll be fun. Is this your favorite segment of the show? Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that no I like the first one, like the first segment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, is this your second favorite segment, the one we're about to do?
Speaker 4: No, my second favorite one is Viking students. Where does this one ranked them? Probably fourth? Fourth?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's next his fourth favorite segment right after this.
Speaker 4: How you want to join the fan?
Speaker 10: I agree the while play the Kraken Thursday at night, every amazing puck, drop and score and save on KF A N and I Heart Radio.
Speaker 5: Hey, Marsie's here, Marnie, the universally loved Marnie Gellner and the universally loved John Bonus.
Speaker 1: Marnie. What they started three on three last night?
Speaker 4: They sure did without fee? Three without fee? Good? Yeah? Fee any charges? Four to six months?
Speaker 1: No, Like, why do you need fee?
Speaker 3: She's having ankle surgery on both both ankles ankles?
Speaker 5: Yeah, her ankles are both so bad that her sister is having one of the ankle surgeries as well. Yeah, that's having three ankle surgery.
Speaker 4: That's gonna have to wear.
Speaker 2: Those things from Forrest Gump for the next four to six months.
Speaker 1: And Sauce who's her doctor?
Speaker 4: Doogie Howser nailed it? Thank you?
Speaker 3: I went out of you, am I alone in consuming that some of that Unrivaled last night.
Speaker 1: I have watched it, but I was not at home.
Speaker 4: You have a gab.
Speaker 5: I know Abigail's plane was delayed like three times playing home from California, so I circled the old airport lots.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I saw Alana Smith out there looking like Shaquillo O'Neil, just blocking shots.
Speaker 4: Left and right. That was sweet. I'll just gently correct you to Atlanta because I could look on your face as well. She will correct people, and so will Cheryl Reeve.
Speaker 3: And her nickname is Lane and she gets called Alana Alta.
Speaker 4: Sorry the time, I won't watch the next game, Well, you'll serve your punishment and then you'll call her Atlanta.
Speaker 3: And the big news, at least around that league, was that Pagebeckers made her debut last night because she did not play last year because she was still in so now being a rookie in the WNBA followed by a rookie in the Unrivaled season.
Speaker 4: She played last night for Club Breeze.
Speaker 1: Wow, what do you have to say about that?
Speaker 4: Arthur? Look out there?
Speaker 2: Okay, I have a lot of good ideas, but nobody listens to me. Marnie, So WNB season starts, and the FISA Collier, six months after her surgery on both ankles, walks out of the tunnel at Target Center with a cane and a top hat and just limps all the way to the court, and the entire arena is silent, like.
Speaker 4: Oh no, she's not she's not ready. It's the season opener. This sucks.
Speaker 2: And then she gets to the edge of the court, takes off her top hat and then does a summersault and the place goes nuts.
Speaker 4: And then she starts the game and scores forty.
Speaker 3: And the metal chains around her legs just snap off her ankles.
Speaker 4: Y does every fan get two hundred dollars for passing?
Speaker 6: Go?
Speaker 4: And that was a wonkad. We really wrapped a lot of pop culture into that sauce.
Speaker 6: You keeping up, Yeah, summersaulting basketball.
Speaker 1: Sports sounds like you got it.
Speaker 6: It's time for Fan five on the Power Trip, presented by All Around your timber Tech deck building contractor.
Speaker 2: Thanks all Around. Hey, we've talked about that right that. Gene Wilder basically said he wasn't going to do that movie unless he could do that summersault.
Speaker 4: That he wanted.
Speaker 6: He wanted that opening because he wanted to show everybody that from that point on you couldn't trust quite what Willie was going to do, that he was a wild.
Speaker 4: Card, and that he was a mystery. A Wilder couldn't trust him.
Speaker 2: So he drew a line in the sand and said, I'm doing the Summersault or I'm not doing this movie.
Speaker 4: And they said, fine, doing the summer salt.
Speaker 6: Uh sauce sports Go. The Wild lost four two to the CA Kings last night. Spurgeon and Hartman scored the only goals for the Wild. The Wild battle the Krack and Zacho on Thursday at nine. That's the final game of their seven game road trip. Yeah, they got on a plane at four am on December six am on December twenty sixth and they have not been home since. They played much like a team that has been sleeping in different beds for for a long time. So hopefully they can well they get a little bit back on track here with the Kraken. But the Kings, I mean, they've had the Wild number for a while. But luckily they come home Saturday and then two with the Islanders Monday night. Jack Hughes and then New Jersey Devils are in town and then it'll be fun to see Jack and Quinn go at it on Monday at Grand Casino Arena.
Speaker 4: Sweet Jack and Quid.
Speaker 6: The is Randy believe that the cracking is real? Randy Quaid or hot ass Randy both? Oh, I'm sure Randy Quaid does. Yeah, hot ass Randyes. Today and I'm not making this up. Sent me a video from TikTok that gnomes have been cited and he now believes in gnomes.
Speaker 4: So yesterday it was centaurs, now it's gnomes. Yes. What part of the world or country? Probably Norans? Yeah, I don't know. Some TikTok so I couldn't. The nomes are well.
Speaker 3: I was thinking if it was like Grahama's garden, then you might want to look more closely into it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know. I couldn't watch it. I don't have TikTok.
Speaker 8: Did how to ask Randy play a lot of dingels or dragons as a kid?
Speaker 4: No, No, he's just weird.
Speaker 6: The Wolves battled the Heat tonight at seven at Target Center. The Wolves are five and a half point favorites. The Wolves are twenty three and thirteen Marns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a good question.
Speaker 7: Marks.
Speaker 6: Did that was really it did sound like you asked MANI No, I would not ask Marnie.
Speaker 4: That, Marnie, the Wolves are twenty three and thirteen? Did you fart answer the question? Poor Max? Anyway?
Speaker 1: Her husband's name Snat.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you can two part questions? Yeah, they they crushed the Wizards a couple of days ago. Does Trey Young do anything for you?
Speaker 7: Is that?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Maxwell?
Speaker 6: I would?
Speaker 4: I would? It depends on what we would have to give up.
Speaker 7: I would be well, I would be open to having Trey Young here, but I would imagine that the package to get Tree Young is going to be significant, so I would I would be against that. But if we could, just if we could get like a you know, a flee, some of course everybody would be in on it.
Speaker 4: But it appears to give it a Jame McDaniels or anybody like that. Why such a strong No, Well, that's part of it. But the other part is that.
Speaker 3: He is a great offensive player, but I think he's even worse defensively, Like his negative on the defensive end is more impactful than his positive on the offensive end, and we need that will just create so many more problems. And I would argue our first priority should be a backup big man.
Speaker 4: If if you listen to a Dane Moore Dane More podcast.
Speaker 3: He's an occasional guest on with Barrero and others around here, but he's gone through this theory multiple times. And if you just look at numbers, look at on off numbers plus minus, or when Rudy Gobert is on the court, Rudy Gobert is off the court, we still are in a free fall when he is off the court. So that to me, if you're looking at holes that need to be plugged, is the first one and then behind that would be the point guard. And I just think taking that big of a step back defensively for a Trey Young type or Kobe White of the Chicago Bulls, same thing. Fantastic offensive player, literally the last defensive guard in the NBA. That's not good and that just creates different problems. It solves that one problem, but it might make your other problem even worse.
Speaker 2: Do we know the timetable for BEng Is it at least another year before he's gonna get minutes.
Speaker 3: No, but he just got called back up yesterday, So that might be a sign that we got to start playing him.
Speaker 4: And see if he has anything the foreseeable future. Yeah, I haven't. I haven't watched any of his Iowa games, So I haven't watched. What have you thought?
Speaker 1: Uh, he's not too bad. He's tall and looks like a huge bitch. Looks like he probably takes good care of himself.
Speaker 4: Can I ask a question? Yeah? Who would you be willing to give up for Trey Young.
Speaker 1: Meets us Paul?
Speaker 4: Why deal?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: That hurts my feelings the Gophers. He's an all star.
Speaker 1: Listen, you're gonna like it. You needed like a new start.
Speaker 4: Where we didn't say for beatle juice.
Speaker 6: Where would you said, I'd be honored if you traded me for beetlejuice? A lot warmer in Atlanta?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: On the golpher Mentons basketball team battles Iowa at the Barn tonight. The Gophers are nine and five. Iowa is a six and a half point favorite. Gophers undefeated at home so far this year.
Speaker 4: Are you going no? I can't.
Speaker 2: Honestly, would you understand if Howard Stern said we'll take meat sauce, you get beat if we said we have to trade for beetlejuice? If I heard Minneapolis made that trade, would you be like, I get it, you know you're going to Stern? I mean, that's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: There's two shows I would leave this show for go on Howard Stern and Pat McAfee. You'd want to go to McAfee over this? Yeah? Sure the phone.
Speaker 2: You're not making a dime more make a lateral move to go to Pat McAfee. Probably not, so you'd have to get paid more.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Would you would you take less to go to work for Stern? I don't know. I'd miss you guys. Yes or no? Would you take less to work for Stern? That'd be tough because I'd have to live in New York.
Speaker 1: It's too late.
Speaker 11: I already packed your back a trader? Would you absolutely not? Oh if somebody if Pat McAfee called, oh did you poop your pants?
Speaker 1: Are Marty again.
Speaker 2: And said, Hey, honestly, I couldn't do McAfee show that's mostly sports, I would hate that.
Speaker 4: I like what they do, but that's not for me. Yes, that wouldn't work for me. Yeah, it work for you. You love sports? Yeah, that's my back.
Speaker 6: You'd be good on that show. I'm gonna try and get my way onto McAfee. If I ever get excuse me, start over when I get fired from here. That's legitimately my wishes. So hang, if you get fired from here, your backup plan is joining the Pat McAfee, and I bet I could.
Speaker 4: Get my way on it. Go for it. No not now? Why why do you like confident?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Why are you so sure? I mean we're already in Indianapolis. Correct. I would just have to drive down the road. Your bad plan is Pat McAfee. I mean, that's what I would strive for. You gotta have a power to do that. What's step one? I have a few steps I would get. Let's hear the first one.
Speaker 1: You need to get a bunch more like twelve of them, ten thousand.
Speaker 4: I don't even drink anymore. I haven't thought that far ahead.
Speaker 6: You have multiple steps already, but I'm not going to share them because I'm gonna manifest it.
Speaker 4: Oh it's gonna work, Thanks Maxell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you a bomber your manifestos.
Speaker 7: My dog Saucy just subscribes to know. You can't let them know your next move. Yeah, yeah, yeah, real g's moving silence like lasagna. That's what Sauce always said.
Speaker 4: Oh God, I love all right, what if this is a three team trade.
Speaker 6: We send you to McAfee, we get beetlejuice from the Howard Stern Show.
Speaker 4: What is Pat mc or what is a J hawk to Stern?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: There three team trade. Everybody's good.
Speaker 1: I'd be happy for just future consideration.
Speaker 4: But I love you A whack pack member to be named later. We'll take. We'll take whatever they got.
Speaker 2: Brilliant additional man, oh, you guys have miss back up plan Pat McAfee.
Speaker 4: Interesting, Okay, we learned something today. I would miss you. I would not do that trade.
Speaker 6: You don't listen to Stern beat would be unbelievable, less than I learn that plane. I mean definitely have to have a seven minute delay because you'd have to bleep every other word that he says.
Speaker 4: But it would be I mean, the ratings would go through the roof. Not that it would change anything for us, because difference. They don't care what. They don't care about ratings anymore. All right, Well that's anyway.
Speaker 6: If Pat McAfee or Stern is listening, that is the three team trade we are proposing.
Speaker 4: We send sauce to McAfee.
Speaker 2: McAfee sends a J Hawk to Stern Stern sends us beetlejuice. That's that is a win win win. Actually, I think Stern loses there. Yeah, no offense a j Hawk, But that's that's the worst trade. Hawk doesn't talk, man talk. We win the most in that trade. We get beat.
Speaker 4: That would be great. Vikings news is next. It's the Power Trip morning show on sauces plan A.
Speaker 7: The fan.
Speaker 1: And some of the things coming out of se Yes are pretty cool.
Speaker 4: So far, man, such as.
Speaker 5: The new things you can do with a smart toilet, Like it monitors your pp every day so you can let you know if you're healthy or not what's going on.
Speaker 2: So is this even more so than the Remember we asked Grenard if you would want that toilet cam to analyze your fecal matter to see if you were healthy, and he basically was grossed out by the idea of a camera and the toilet.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Half the staff here was very excited about it. Oh yeah, man, but Grenard not so much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: There's that you got on glasses that auto focus so you don't have to put on like reading glasses. Oh, I mean, what a brilliant idea that is. How great would that be not to have to switch between glasses, Yes.
Speaker 4: Would do, but if you're already wearing glasses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't that what one of those called bifocals or when you have a little piece down here for.
Speaker 5: No, Yeah, it's it's it's it's uh, it's not as easy to get them to work well for you, I guess. But imagine like just like like you would see something like on a ward show, you know, like on a future war movie or something like that, where the soldiers have the thing to go to eat you know what, and focuses in like a pair of binoculars.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: How cool would that be for your glasses?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know how that would work though, How would your How would the glasses.
Speaker 4: Know you're what your brain is trying to do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I don't know much a better number one or number two?
Speaker 1: Number one never know different?
Speaker 4: Number two I don't either, just like number one or number two.
Speaker 2: And isn't it weird that when when the doctors are doing that, Not only is I don't know, there's something about the voice is always grating, and they're always extremely close to your face, so both of you are like super breath aware. You're like, could you just back up and ask me one or two from about fifteen feet away. Please, I'm probably overdue for one of those.
Speaker 4: She how are your eyeballs fine? Yeah? You have Lasik?
Speaker 1: Hey Marty, you like basketball?
Speaker 4: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Sure.
Speaker 5: Spectrum and Apple unveiled the schedule for Spectrum front Row in Apple Immersive, which will feature a series of live basketball games and a revolutionary storytelling format on Apple Vision Pro. Beginning this Friday, January ninth, Vision Pro users and Lakers regional broadcast territory will be able to watch select twenty twenty six Lakers games live in Apple Immersive through the new Specstrum Sportsnet app. Full game replays and highlights will be available in Apple Immersive nationwide. And it's like, anyway, I thought it was going to be more in depth than that.
Speaker 1: Is this like three D stuff?
Speaker 4: What is the storytelling format?
Speaker 6: Is that?
Speaker 8: Also, it sounds like it's not live.
Speaker 4: It sounds like it's replays.
Speaker 8: Right, So you're feeling like you are in the front row of an NBA game, but only in replay.
Speaker 1: Here's the rest of story. I'm sorry, here we go.
Speaker 5: Apple Immersive places Apple Vision Pro users at the center of live events and stories as they unfold. Okay, Spectrum, front Row and Apple Immersive is directed and prouves for Vision Pro with a feed of up the one hundred and fifty mbps on what it means thank You and seven unique viewing angles, the scorer's table, the area beneath each basket, a high and wide view of the arena, the player tunnel, the broadcast booth, and a roaming court side perspective for interviews and commentary. The broadcast team features Emmy Award winning play by play commentator Mark Rogue Rogandino and three time NBA champion and Lakers four Danny Green as an analyst.
Speaker 4: So it's its own production podcast. Yeah wow, how far are we are?
Speaker 2: We away then, from having virtual seats sold where you only get front row access if you pay for virtual front row access?
Speaker 4: Would you pay for that that's available to everybody?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 7: Don't they kind of already have something like I thought they had they were testing out some VR.
Speaker 2: But what I'm saying is, when do we get to the point where it is limited, oh, where it's not everybody can pay for front row, where it's truly like, it's not unlike an actual arena, there's a limited number of front row, limited number of second row.
Speaker 6: That is a great point. Yeah, or I mean maybe there is. It's unlimited, but it's so astronomical costs. More ends up being limited.
Speaker 4: So you can have like a Tier two broadcast from the one hundred level, but then you can pay more for the like court side view. Man, that's interesting.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't do this for Basco because I don't care, but if ever football, I'd think about it. This is this spectrum front row in Apple Immersive brings viewers closer to each pass, shot, and block in game graphics like lower thirds, player rosters, the game and shot clocks and scores appear in three D as if they're floating directly in front of you. Ambisonic microphones capture spatial audio of the arena, so viewers here the crisp squeaks of sneakers driving up and down the court, the switch to the net when a player drains at three porter, and the roar of the crowd during intense moments.
Speaker 4: How about let's take it up on us.
Speaker 2: I think you would have to mute it because I think everybody would be nervous about what the players would say. But what if you could watch an entire game VR from like a linebacker's helmets perspective where you could literally see like Blake Cashman's entire vision the entire game and basically see what he sees the whole time.
Speaker 4: I mean, this was believable.
Speaker 5: Hey is thatcho go to Apple dot com or you go to stand you the link. You guys have got to see the example they've posted. Like you're standing at the underneath the basket watching the game. That's crazy with this dude, and it focuses on that's I mean, I could care less about.
Speaker 1: But oh there's a cheerleader.
Speaker 4: Zacho is the Apple Vision.
Speaker 6: Popular Uh not really because it's way too uh expensive.
Speaker 4: It's an incredible piece of technology, but uh.
Speaker 7: It's going to be a long time before stuff like that is more like widely available if they can.
Speaker 4: Watch. I found it. It's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: That's unreal. It looks like a video game, only it's real.
Speaker 5: I mean, like that is really something. It's sort of like what Zacho does with our cameras here because it focuses in. I bet it does it without anybody even running the the the camera. Look at that, dude, there's no.
Speaker 7: You're literally right there like yeah, you're like you're sitting at the scores table or underneath the basket.
Speaker 5: And it's moving your head for you, you know what I mean, like pointing it in the direction of the ball. It's really something. You got to see this chorus.
Speaker 1: This is really something.
Speaker 7: Just sitting baked on a Friday, I can go into the Staples Center virtually, let's go just Yeah.
Speaker 6: The interesting part will be because you can control obviously your head where you're looking. Do you can you turn around and just look at well, now they just showed the dancers, That's what I mean. But yeah, you look at some I mean, especially in LA you're gonna get some very attractive people in the front rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Well, and to Cory's point, I think that part of the appeal would be the trash talk and what the players are saying. Like if you could be right there and they just put like a little you know, eighteen plus warning.
Speaker 6: I would love to know if the teams would love that though, because I think that would be said would be yeah, problematic, I think, but even more so than sporting events.
Speaker 4: I would be way more willing to do this for a concert than a sporting event.
Speaker 6: Yep, it'd be sweet if it was like a really immersive sound system and you're in it and it feels like you're sitting in red rocks or the fear i'd be I think i'd be more willing to do that.
Speaker 5: I'm so glad I was born when I was because I got the you know, the eight tracks and the cassettes and the albums and now the DVA you know what I mean, all that stuff. But I am so sorry in a lot of ways that I'm going to miss what's happening fifty years from now. Listen to this, Corey, I'm sorry, I'm jumping all over the place. I know we're supposed to Vikings news.
Speaker 1: I was on the rad code. There's not Vikings news right now.
Speaker 5: Lego has taking its bricks to a new generation of play with the launch of smart bricks. Is another CEES thing going on right now in Vegas. They can tell they contain codes to light up, interact with other bricks, and make sounds wow. The Danish company unveiled the technology in Vegas on Monday. The two by four smart brick is embedded with code and smarts and can be reused on different bricks and characters. In a demonstration, the smart brick was attached to the lego duck, which allowed to make quacking sounds elsewhere. When the smart brick was attached to a character that was hit by a car, a sound emitted showing the character was not pleased.
Speaker 3: Are they like battery operated or they need to be charged?
Speaker 1: Just a great question.
Speaker 2: See, these things are going to be so high tech and so next level that the old school ones are going to increase in value. So, for example, if you would like to buy a home alone set from a couple of years ago, reach out to me, because now it's going to be I think maybe tenfold in the next couple of years.
Speaker 4: So you want to get your hands on that now before these smart bricks are out. I'm so smart to hang on to. Thank you.
Speaker 5: I'm looking at whatever I'm right now from your hands. It sits on a thing that charges like a like a phone charger. Okay, and so so what you take whatever this brick is and replace one of the pieces of the thing you've built, and it'll make the sounds of whatever that would be?
Speaker 1: How crazy is that?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: Tell you what my toilet's monitor, my pee, my legos are talking to me.
Speaker 6: Once you throw one of the smart bricks toilet and have a ground yet to your.
Speaker 4: Smart brick ground. What Grady has got a Breaking Bad Ones coach? You need Guardy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, sorry, Guardy got a for Christmas. My son Guardy got a Breaking Bad w Lego Lego set. But it's not it's not Lego branded because they must not have paid for the licensing, so it's a generic Lego set.
Speaker 4: Or maybe not wanted to promote meth making sure sure.
Speaker 3: Either works, But it's super intricate, and it has like all the tanks in there and you know, masks, and it's just it's it's that I just forget. I don't I have not seen or done Legos in I don't know fifteen years, and then all of a sudden he's putting this intricate thing together and it's like even the concept of how realistic and perfect those things can be.
Speaker 4: Forget this next level of lights and sound and whatever.
Speaker 3: I mean, just they're just fantastic leg Plus he's watching Breaking Bad.
Speaker 4: And building this Lego set.
Speaker 5: That's pretty cool experience, right yeah, I mean lessons really right less GUARDI.
Speaker 4: Is the one who knocks.
Speaker 1: Oh, that'd be crazy, you'd be like I told you to steal that bass.
Speaker 4: Oh like a bass guitar. Man. I really hope that trade goes through. We need you want me, I'd be sad to leave fourteen. See that's what we need. Yeah, you're right. Yeah, hey Beat, you hear about these new legos?
Speaker 6: Gotta do that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, hey, Beat, you got any smart bricks yet? I got a good privee fourteen. This is my favorite segment we've ever done. It was the best. Somebody called McAfee. No, I was.
Speaker 2: I never when I was growing up. I never liked doing the lego sets. I just liked a bucket of legos and build whatever I want, exact guy.
Speaker 5: The kind of complicated ones they have now you couldn't build Harry Potter's castle.
Speaker 4: No, that's definitely gotten more.
Speaker 2: Back in the day, it was super basic, like, oh, here's a little pirate island, non licensed pirate island.
Speaker 4: Right now it's every move movie, every TV show.
Speaker 2: Mcdon's great movies like Home Alone, which, by the way, you should see the Home Alone house that they have.
Speaker 4: It's sick.
Speaker 2: It looks exactly like the McAllister house. It's identical. Maybe the best legos that they've ever done.
Speaker 5: McDonald's partnering with Pokemon again to celebrate the thirtieth anniversary of everybody trying to get those Pikachu's. Do you guys remember going through the drive through trying to get the Pikachu's out of the Happy Meal?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: Oh, man, Alex wanted them so badly.
Speaker 4: I missed that window.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I would have been just out of your reach.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're doing it again though, they're bringing it back.
Speaker 1: They're partnering with them again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, sweet man, you'd get like, you know, Shahrazard and uh Man, and there was like, come on, I want Pikachu for Alex.
Speaker 1: I don't have to keep going through the drive through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's why you're back.
Speaker 1: Yeahs back anyway, there you go. There's lots going on a c yes, and it's exciting.
Speaker 4: Why are we there covering it? Yeah? What's the next time we're going to Vegas? Is a show? I'm not going until June, so I think we're screwed. I'm not going. So tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Isn't the next show? Anniversary? The big anniversary?
Speaker 7: Man?
Speaker 3: You just I didn't say what anyone was doing anything.
Speaker 4: But also I don't know. I'm just asking if that would make sense. That would make sense.
Speaker 1: That's a great idea.
Speaker 3: It feels like I might have stumbled onto something by that violent react that might make sense.
Speaker 4: What a great idea. So yeah, it might be a while until the powership's there. I'm not going until June. That's unacceptable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm never going to get.
Speaker 4: A schedule one a lot of time between now and June. You could go right now if you want to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, on your birthday. Yeah, I would never do that. Birthday Hawk forgot to somebody.
Speaker 2: Uh fan five and a second headlines later, Marnie is here, Bonus is here.
Speaker 4: This is the power trim morning cholling Man. By the way, make sure you check.
Speaker 5: I'm sure if you have kids, check delays and or cancelations, because some schools are actually canceling school today.
Speaker 1: I believe you. I know, crazy