Speaker 1: It is Monday, March second, twenty twenty six. Lots to get to today, from our own war revenge attacks to the internet melks down over Jim Carrey's new face, and Apple announce his new products and offers a weird apology, plus your calls, dispatches, emails, text san more, Hey there Sabrina. Hello, Hello, see what's happening? Hello to you. You can join us on the show today. All you have to do is send us a dispatch. Go to thenewsjunkie dot com hit record on your first dispatch today. You can also watch the show on YouTube and twitch dot tv. Slash the news Junkie. Your message is rolling a right of the studio at a real time. How's everybody doing on a Monday? Good they good? Are you good? Good? Good? Good? A lot happening this weekend, A lot going down this weekend, so we have many, many, many things to go over. But glad to be back. A nice week ahead of us, and hopefully everything is well with all of you. Will we look forward to hearing from you and your dispatches and all that haven't heard from our friend Amy Kaufelt and god knows how long.
Speaker 2: Today's the day, though right, yeah, I believe.
Speaker 1: So, I think so. Yeah. So we will be talking with our friend Amy Cawfelt just a bit right now, as we always do. Let's put our ears to the ground, our fingers on the pulse, let's see what's happening in this great, big, wide world of ours, and we go to McDonald's. Everybody that's right and like mega viral this weekend was this video of the CEO of McDonald's. What is going on with the CEO of Burger King being this weirdo pretending he's giving his phone number out and his latest campaign that was stupid and the CEO of McDonald's is like weirder than Mark Zuckerberg. This is the levels of weird this guy is at. If you didn't see this, I bring it to you right now. The CEO of McDonald's had one job. All it was was to sit down and eat a burger from his very own restaurant and pretend like he absolutely liked it. So here goes.
Speaker 3: Let's see how it wears k here with you've heard about it here it is.
Speaker 1: The Big arch is.
Speaker 3: Something that we have tested already in Portugal, Germany, Canada.
Speaker 1: I love this product. It is so good.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna do a tasting right now.
Speaker 1: But first of all, this guy is just he's so stiff, he's so subscribed below what do I call what he's wearing. He's got a collared shirt, but what's that? Is that a cardigan? Is that cardigan territory?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I feel like if we were to touch his arm, it's edgy already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this guy's wearing like a perfect little church cardigan over his little collar. Mister Rogers thing going on, almost a little bit personality, So mister Rogers vibes, but he's like a droid. This guy. All you have to do is pretend he likes to burger eat this from my lunch, just so you know. So here we go.
Speaker 3: First, Holy cow, god, that is a big burg a very unique kind of sesame poppy sort of bun.
Speaker 6: On.
Speaker 2: We've got unique sesame bun.
Speaker 1: It's a unique sesame bun. Yeah, it's sesame poppy bun. I mean it looks as.
Speaker 4: A big back, but were like two or three ingredients removed from that being in everything bun. Yeah.
Speaker 1: This guy, this guy says this is very unique. He's blown away by it, so he's gonna love it.
Speaker 3: Quarter pound patties, a delicious big arch sauce, and of course some lettuce. So, oh, there's so much going on with this.
Speaker 1: First of all, let's.
Speaker 4: Try this burger yet. But I've seen you there, I've seen some of the.
Speaker 1: Buzz about it.
Speaker 4: First of all, it reminds me of the Arch Deluxe because of the name, but I think it's not anywhere near the Arch Deluxe. The it sounds like they kind of were throwing elements from every burger they have into this thing. He said it was two quarter pounder patties. I think like a double quarter pounder with che.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but this one's called the Arch Big. And now he's now he's holding the big Arch like backwards in his hands, which is like this weird way to even like an alien would hold the burger this way. But just bite it and enjoy it, buddy, or the CEO of that got this thing.
Speaker 3: I don't even know how to attack it got so much to it. Oh, there's also some crispy onions on here as well as see those kind of coming out.
Speaker 1: All right, the most truth that is so good.
Speaker 4: Buddy, you took a bite the size of a gd grasshopper.
Speaker 2: Okay, we quote you on that, sir, that is so good.
Speaker 1: He goes in big, and I don't know if he was like if he hates these the CEO of McDonald's might hate these burgers, or maybe he's like, I have to take a small bite because it'll make the burger look so big, it making it look like you didn't take a bite. He was like nothing out of it.
Speaker 4: So, you know, I have some experience with this as of late, because when when when the when the baby is eating dinner, and sometimes he's watching more cartoons than he's doing eating. So I have to pause him and be like, I need to see some bites if you want Paw Patrol to come.
Speaker 1: Back or else, Jackson get to bite and.
Speaker 4: These dogs are going to the pound if you don't start eating your chicken nuggies or whatever. And so he'll he'll he'll say like I'll take a bite, and then he takes the smallest bite possible. It's like this guy and then he opens his mouth and points and goes, it's in there, Patrol.
Speaker 1: This guy is taking Jackson size bites right now. Yeah, somebody said he looks like the whole burger. Yeah, there's nothing gone. He's the CEO of McDonald Take a bite.
Speaker 3: Man, that's a big bite for a big arc. Its distinctively McDonald's. Only McDonald's could do this type of burger. But it also is unlike anything else on our menu. It's a delicious sort of the cheeses and the gooiness those Chris youngans as well because a nice texture, and of course we've got the pickles. So uh, I'm gonna enjoy the rest of my lunch.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, you know what, this guy's gonna take this burger and he's gonna take that big arch and slam it against the wall and go get like a filet mignon or whatever people who wear these sort of sweaters, get it.
Speaker 5: Spit out that food that is in his mouth still. You can hear he's going and I'm gonna finish, and I can tell it's in the corner of his mouth like a chipmunk ready to be spit into the trash along the side.
Speaker 1: The entire life weirdo like Jacob bite, you're the CEO, buddy, like it would be. You know what they should get from McDonald's. The biggest, fattest, most American son of a bitch you could find. Just get a big fatty who actually would be sitting down excited to eat this burger. He would take a bite of this burger that was it was like a carsoon bite, Like you wouldn't believe that the human took a bite that big. You can't have these weirdos representing your food company. They're selling food. This is a skinny, weird, uptight guy selling a burger that he doesn't appear to enjoy. And I don't know that it's gonna work.
Speaker 5: After this went viral over the weekend, there are a lot of people that have sworn off McDonald because of this video, like it makes them not want to go back.
Speaker 4: You know, I don't think that I'm that easily easily triggered by a video that I'm I'm still gonna watch this and swear off McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I thought Sabrita was gonna say that people are going to McDonald's and taking the smallest bites I can. And I do like a little video, you know, it's that I could see happening, but isn't. Currently, as the world was on fire and Iran was getting blown up and and revenge attacks were occurring across the United States, this guy was going viral for barely being able to eat one of his own burgers. Tanya YouTube says he gives creeper vibes. He's a strange guy. I don't know what to make of this. McDonald's CEO Chris Kempsinski and Chris I know this. I'll just throw this out there, pal. If somebody paid me sixteen million dollars a year to be the CEO of McDonald's, I'd do better by the burger than that. That's what I would do. I would make love to that burger for sixteen million dollars a year, and I think you folks would too. But let me know what you think. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. The world's on fire. How about yours?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 1: You beat me to it. I had to make a move. The war in Iran has started. I thought there was some sort of negotiation going on, but we've gone past that. The negotiation process has ended, and now we're at the find out phase of things, and very quickly this weekend, bombs are a droppin' on Iran. And they got the main, Dude, they got the main bomb bomb bomb John losing his mind if he was still with us, he would be losing his mind. But he he is not here, and neither is the Supreme Leader of Iran. Believe it or not. That doesn't mean he comes with sour cream and tomatoes.
Speaker 4: This is like the top guy all a joke. That's what a joke.
Speaker 1: Viral megatweet of the weekend, the Supreme Leader that you did or no, no, it wentn't mega viral this weekend. I've seen it before, I think, But the Supreme Leader, literally Iran is like what people have fever dreams in the United States is where people think there's like Handmaid's Tale going on, and like that's literally they got a guy named the Supreme Leader who's been in charge for thirty five years or something. And you know, Zapp said, restart the game. He's gone, he's done, he's out of there. He's dead. He's as that is dead. Is a dog, a beautiful dog. And there's so many different things and angles to come here, including these like revenge attacks that I've seen, including the one in Austin that will go over at some point. This is allegedly people in the capital of Iran cheering after hearing that Kamani died let's say it. I mean, I hear noises, but that sounds like unfair. I hear like some sort of popping. There's so many noises though, there's like there's sirens. Here's another one. Oh that's celebrating. Yeah, yeah, yeah, there's there's a whole bunch of videos in these people across the city so weird and the dead and night people just open their windows are like, he's dead. I was like, damn, you guys didn't like that, dude, huh that old guy. More people cheering, whistling out of their buildings at the capitol of Iran, and a lot, as I said, a lot to go over here. But one thing that I saw that was nuts that I wanted to share with everybody was Iran retaliated, kind of like I pictured. You guys have been on the ride at Universal Studios Men in Black, you've been on that, and you know when you're waiting in line and there's the alien with all the arms in front of the board of buttons and the twins. Yeah, the two aliens are next to each other and they have like all these arms and there's buttons in front of all of them, and they're kind of moving around. That's how Iran responded to these attacks from the United States and Israel, and they just hit all the buttons and started shooting whatever they could. And one of the videos that I saw it was so crazy. This was in Bahrain, a neighboring country, and these people are in there building just kind of hanging out. They're, you know, looking at what's going on in the world, and an Iranian drone flies into Kamakazi style into their building and I'm like, what is even going on right now? In Iranian drug here? I'll play it for you seek and hear what happened here they are this This here for those of you watching, and you can watch the show on YouTube and Twitch. This is the drone. And when I say drone, I don't mean a drone like sea lane flies. I don't mean a dji drone. These things are the size of airplanes. They're they're very large drones. They don't usually have anybody on board, but they're very large drones. And it's flying toward this building in Bahrain. This is an Iranian drune. Here it goes there. You go, jeez, that's the building with people in a hem and the people were in this Yeah, it looks a little nine to eleveny, doesn't it. Yeah, yeah, I'm telling you. Aron just was like like with tentacles, hitting all the buttons, firing in anything they possibly could, and and just shooting at random things. They tried to For a while, it was like are they gonna they were trying to take down the Burj Khalifa, Oh, which I believe it's the biggest tallest building in the world, right I think so? Yeah, yeah, the tallest building. You know that one that when you see the desert and you see the building just endlessly coming out of the ground in the middle of the desert in Dubai. I think I think some people have climbed it famously. Maybe even Tom Cruise was on the top of it. You know what I'm talking about this building and they there was I guess some stuff missiles and whatnot coming for for that building, Like they're gonna blow blow up the biggest building in the world.
Speaker 5: Right now, they did another giant hotel right in Dubai.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did a tree or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I believe it's okay, See they looked this up. I think it's like the only six star hotel in the world. Or something crazy like that.
Speaker 2: I think it just went down.
Speaker 1: It might have been degraded. They hit like one of the world's most famous resorts and blew up some of the building. And it's just been crazy. We've lost I think four or five US soldiers. Is they've tried to attack all these neighboring countries because they basically just shot at everybody else around them. And then watching this all unfold has been wild. And we'll talk about the revenge stuff in a moment, but I guess this was after they found out their supreme leader. So weird that some of you guys have leaders like this, you have a supreme leader or like a royal family. Everything has gone wrong, everything has gone sideways. This was the news, I guess in Iran Press TV announcing that the Ayatola had died, and the dude started crying like the probably forced a gunpoint to cry. The guy started crying, announcing the news.
Speaker 7: The devils of the lady and everybody here has managed to brainwash.
Speaker 2: But this is not over.
Speaker 1: Trump is going.
Speaker 7: To pay a price paid by.
Speaker 3: No American president at all times, paid by no.
Speaker 1: Zionis of all time. This is their news, criminals. The anchor or a translator because this is Press TV, so it's English coming soon. A revenge is coming after Trump, after everybody who facilitated this assassination.
Speaker 8: He wrote, pay the ultimate price.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is.
Speaker 5: She's showing footage and talking as herself or is this what he's saying?
Speaker 2: And she's bringing in the emotion.
Speaker 1: No homeboy's dead. They were showing the Ayatola and he's thrown. He's dead. And when they got the news, she's like kind of talking across the line and crying about it. This is a crying anchor on a Ranian state TV. Trump is going to pay a price paid by no American president of all time. Revenge is coming, they said. So those are some of the things that we're going down this weekend. And we got a lot of like weird twists and turns and updates and how expensive your gas is going to get and all kinds of things to talk about throughout the show today. So we will do that as we roll out a little bit. And I also want to talk about a lot of other things not about this. If this is something that you're not interested in, don't worry. We focus on everything viral. So we'll go all over the place. Today, we'll talk to our friend Amy Kaufelt in less than an hour here on the show, see what's going on in her world. We'll also talk about everybody melted down this weekend because Jim Carrey popped back up and Jim Carrey popped up, and it seems like he has a brand new face and a brand new voice, like he sounds newly different, brand new maybe not but different. Yes, they're very strange, and there's so many theories. Is he like working on a new movie role. Maybe he's going to come back out and do some kind of big, deep movie role where he's going full method on it. Or I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is he a clone?
Speaker 1: Maybe he's a clone. I saw people thinking about that over the weekend. Well, we'll see, we'll dive into the evidence. It was very bizarre. If you haven't heard him, wait, do you hear the new voice of Jim Carrey and all the theories behind it. That's coming up next on the News Junkie. Another thing that went viral this weekend we should address here quickly was Jim Carrey at some award show. It was he at the Sign Caesar Film Awards. I guess it was too many award shows that I didn't know this. Yeah, I was in France, and maybe that's what made him talk different. He's surrounded by French people and he wanted to sound a little Jim Carrey popped up and everybody reacted the same way. Everybody was like, Hey, what the hell is going on with this? Why is Jim Carrey? He looks different, his face is different, Why does his voice sound different? What the hell is going on? And that that was It was something that popped up in my feed so many times now. I don't know if maybe this is one of those tough things where Jim Carrey is just getting a little older and people are like, where's the guy from ace Ventura And you're like, okay, you know, people age, men, women, they age.
Speaker 4: Let people age. It's okay, he's sixty four. He can't have the spiky hair as much, you know.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, he can't be talking with his butt cheeks any longer. He's a grown man. You've gotta at some point get past that. I ask you a couple of questions. Right around, his eyeballs looked very, very different, and in his face and his smiles looked different. And also his voice sounded different, Like I want you to think about what Jim Carrey sounds like in your head right now as you're listening to the show TG right then there exactly Yeah on cue, TDG on YouTube says the lizard people got him and he talked about it. Yeah, I mean it might be what's happening here, but picture him just like Sabrina and Sea leg did in your head. Listen to what you used to think Jim Carrey's voice sounds like. And then this is what he sounded like at this award show where he showed up with a new face.
Speaker 9: You know, I wrote it and I researched it and I practiced it like crazy, but you know it's Uh. Then I watched everybody like talking a thousand miles an hour up there receiving their awards, and I was like, I'm dead, But is there like a weird hush he's doing?
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe you're supposed to be quiet.
Speaker 5: I'm so distracted by his face that I I am having a hard time hearing that voice a little bit. I can hear Jim Carrey if you close your eyes, but then you look and I don't recognize that dude, his face looks different, eiler Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something is a little different on him. And somebody says looks like plastic surgery. To me, I would people get this stuff done all the time, So if he did plastic surgery like whatever or bro just I thought, I like, maybe my theories on this are TOPI but when I saw my girl, maybe he's doing a big comeback and he's got some new character that he's going to be doing in a movie, and then this is part of his rollout of the characters like a whispery guy who's kind of like this soft spoken joker type character stakes And I was like a novice mystic. I felt a lot of love, and I felt a lot of appreciation that I tried and what I said was true. And I really wanted to recognize my family. I wanted to recognize my dad. He's so quiet he is. There is something his delivery is strange, and maybe it's just like this is a quiet place and he's saying, this is the right thing for me to do.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I don't want to raise my voice too much. Maybe that's it. I literally don't know, but there were a lot of people transfixed by these clips of Jim Carrey this weekend. Somebody says it doesn't sound like him, Yeah, don't. I don't think it does. I think he sounds very different. He's got four or five mic shoved in his face. He's at this award show, and he's like, who the hell is this guy?
Speaker 9: My dad was the type of person that, if you've met him soft, you felt like he knew him for fifty years.
Speaker 1: There he is Jim Carrey. Sixteen million views on one copy of that video, sixteen million views of people saying, what in the hill is going on right there?
Speaker 4: I mean I could offer some audio to put these things into perspective. Jim Carrey before Kim, Jim Carrey could just talk differently than he used to.
Speaker 1: You know, people's voices of all. I guess prostitution at truck stops and lot lizard is what they call a whore at a truck stop, say, running around the lot. That guy sounds exactly the same as me. I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: You know that there's higher pitch sean available in the system.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's more different that? Or the Jim Carrey new voice? My voice here? You hear me talking right now? This is just me talking into a microphone. I'm blabbing. I'm talking in the old mem go ahead.
Speaker 4: Old you all right, let's get a different one because you're grabbing another clip. Bring it seemed to think that wasn't early enough. Okay, I'm looking here. This is These are twenty thirteen. It's like, oh my god, I really strewed up now, like, oh my god, it's just me talking. All right.
Speaker 1: We need us.
Speaker 5: So it gets dark and then lay so it's like we're moving up them, hugging.
Speaker 2: She's wiping tears and it's kind of like a Strobe effect too.
Speaker 1: We all sounded different thirteen years ago that.
Speaker 5: We had an old studio back then. Were they pumping helium into Sean and my room?
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I don't know. It's very odd. I have heard that your voice changes over the years. I have heard that you know, these things will happen. I'm a vampire. I don't know why my voice sounds different, but I agree that it does. Sabrinas does too. Ceiling just kind of sounds the same for some reason. You know, I don't know. I don't know what's going on there, But does does my face look different, do I I mean, I yah, Jim Carrey still looks good. Though he still looks good to not saying he's ugly. I'm not saying he's like, you know, falling apart. I'm just saying he looks like a different guy. He looks like a different human being. He's a he's in a long hair face.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he is.
Speaker 5: Say what about the cheeks in the nose and the different color eyes.
Speaker 1: It's like right there, eyes cheeks, face. Yeah. I mean a lot of guys are scared of when you get old and the guys get the bags underneath your eyes, get very, very scared of that happening to you. Other than Sea Lan, I don't think he's he's worried about it. I get worried about it. You know, you look like Sealing, You sound like Seelan, You look like Zelan. Yeah, I mean, I bet there's some long nights with Jackson where you wake up and all of a sudden, the next morning you're like, oh God, this is this is a rough version of me right now, tough tough times. We're gonna get to you, your feedback, your dispatches. But Jim Carrey's reps are denying all the conspiracies out there that he was wearing a disguise. There was another viral clip of people's somebody said they were a makeup artist, and they said the whole thing was fake. Here's the mask that I use. Jim Carrey's people said no. They said his visit was planned since this summer. He was touched by the invitation. He worked on his speech in French for months, asking about how to pronounce all these words. He came with his partner's daughter, his grandson, and twelve close friends and family members and his publicist. And he is the real Jim Carrey, they said. They said, despite what people think, I put it up on see it now, go check it out over on the newsjunkie dot com. Vicky says, I even jumped at Sabrina's voice that was sounded we sounded different back then.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize my voice is so hot.
Speaker 4: Well, here was at Zea Len twenty thirteen.
Speaker 1: Where they call it a stag knight, I think, or a stag party over here called a bachelor party, right, but they were throwing a bachelor party for their friend. And it seems to get more and more extreme as time goes by. Okay, okay, that's then. This is now, this is more and more extreme as time goes by. I don't know. I don't know what to tell you. Maybe what happens is this is when we become lizard people, as I clearly had become a lizard person. They zap you up like the old fashioned UFO arrives with the tractor beam, you know, pulls you up, and then when you get up there they go. You think we're gonna probe you, don't you? And I'm a bent over. I'm like, yep, so I know what's happening. I've seen all the TVs. He's vent sure, just you know, talking with it, like give it to me, and I've got the but cheeks flapping, and Jesus Christ, how far into them? Monday? Sha are we? And I'm as I'm doing it?
Speaker 4: They go, you gotta wash all that out before even Coffel gets here. You know, you gotta the lizard people don't care about probing you, Sean.
Speaker 1: It's only a voice thing. We got Jim Carrey, we got you, all the biggest stars doing all of them out there. Let us know what you think. Send a dispatch over at Thenewsjunkie dot Com Another moment I wanted to bring to you, this one going viral over the weekend six point six million views. In the basketball locker room a player by the name of Austin Reeves of the LA Lakers. He was in the locker room doing an interview on Sportsnet. So Austin Reeves is doing an interview on Sportsnet talking about the basketball game and Luka Doncicic don the d o n c I see Luca don's I know, I know he's famous. I know he's famous, all right. But Luca was in the locker room with Austin Reeves after this LA Lakers basketball game that Luka Doncic is across the room as he's doing this interview and he keeps like throwing his at him as he's tripping down naked in the locker room behind them, and Austin Reeves of the Lakers almost said something. You tell me what he almost said? Oh here goes all right, Austin Reeves of the Lakers almost said something to Luca don dungech dunge Luca done. Yeah, here here we go. Tell me what he almost said, throwing stuff at him like thrown stuff he said. He said he hit the brakes on that. He said, you're you're such a The allegations were that he was about to drop the F word.
Speaker 4: For gaze or that or the word the W said something like a yeah.
Speaker 1: I thought when I heard in the media, I was like, oh, we know this. We don't know sports, but I know what it sounds like to realize you're saying the F word and you're not allowed to say it because you'll lose the license for the radio stations you're on at the moment, you'll probably lose your job. Just pack it up, buddy, grabbed the rope because it's over with. I think this.
Speaker 4: Was the when you lose your job. Yeah, what else do I have to do? Might as well just wrap.
Speaker 1: It up, Just get in the pod and hit the button. Here's what he said, one more time. Is he saying the F word for gays or the actual F word? I think he's. I think he was going to say, you fing something got you in president, freaking idiot all right, went to freaking that time. But here we go, he's getting hit with something twice. He said he didn't get He said, you didn't get anything got you in President freaking idiot. Yeah, I think he was going to drop the F word.
Speaker 4: An idiot, freaking idiot and Napoleon Dynamite.
Speaker 1: Come on, freaking idiot. It looks like Luca is one of those guys. And there's so many athletes like this that are fine with being in a locker room full of other men and just dropping it out, just just getting completely naked, take off your clothes, and he's like throwing his clothes at the other guy. I don't know where that comes from, but I never had that money, dude.
Speaker 4: I've said before, there have been very few times that I've been in a locker room like that. But in the later years of me taking karate, we did it at an actual gym and there was a locker room and there was like two dudes. I think there were father and son too, which made it even weirder weird. There were two dudes that like would get go to the locker room to change and both of them would just walk around hanging down.
Speaker 1: And I was pretty young. I would never do that, Like if we were in a shower, if we were in the locker room together, Selan, would you like if we if we got sweaty. Let's say we were playing sports football of some type and we've both we had gotten sweaty, and then we both had to go back into the office or something. Oh yeah, would you get completely naked in the locker room? Would you go in?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't either. I wouldn't either.
Speaker 2: Jeans.
Speaker 1: Who are the people who do that? Would you? Would you do that in the women's locker room? Sabirna?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah you what?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Of the videos of women's locker rooms that I've seen start, let's let let's clarify something here. We might as well take this. The trope is in the women's locker room, women are just topless, nonchalant, no big deal, wopping out the t's and flowing them around out accurate or not accurate in the locker room?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would say accurate depending on what team is there. If you're going to a gym that you're a member of, I don't know if the woppin out of teas is as common versus like, Okay, you're turned around, You're not going to go in a stall to change. You're kind of just taking the things off and on. Everyone respects themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think women care less about being naked around other women than guys care about being naked around other guys. That's my theory. I don't know if that's true or not, but myself, I don't want to be naked and like I'm not taking a shower with people watching. That seems really weird to me. Or you have mega confidence, I don't know. I don't know if you're one of those people. Let us know what goes through your system. Is that like a thing you learned at home? Is that like you grew up different? Tell us what's going on there? All right? Quick break? When we come back, We've got huge news in the television world that we need to mention. Apple is dropping announcements today and apologies to their employees for the announcements. What's this all about?
Speaker 7: That is coming up next on the News Junkie.
Speaker 1: There were a lot of weird moments over the weekend where it looked like people were responding to the United States and Israel bombing Iran by like attacking people in the United States. And one of them looks like that absolutely happened. One of them was a guy in Texas who went into an Austin, Texas bar basically, and he was wearing a shirt that said property of Allah. And then he killed two people and wounded fourteen on Sunday at this bar. Then police showed up and they shot and killed the gunman, who had a pistol a rifle on him at a place called Buford's Backyard Beer Garden. And I know nothing about this place, but I guess it's been there for at least a little while. Sounds fun. It's on Sixth Street in Austin, which, if you're familiar with the area, Sixth Street is sort of like the downtown in Austin. And this guy just shows up, pops off a shot outside, and walks into this Buford's Backyard Beer Garden. And apparently as retaliation for the United States and Israel bombing Iran, this guy shoots up the place, kills a couple of people, wounds over a dozen. He drove past the bar several times before he shot the through the window of his suv at people on a patio and in front of the bar. Then he parked, got out with a rifle and began shooting at people walking along the street before officers rushed to the intersection, confronted and shot him. Three of the injured were in critical condition as of yesterday, so we'll have to see what's going on with that now. The gunman was identified as this fifth three year old dude, Nadiaga Diangi and Nadiyaga Dangi I think is the guy's name. I'm doing my best, but I really don't care if I offend him. Let's see what we got here. This is the shooter. He was a guy from Senegal, born in Senegal and was in Austin, Texas. Reportedly back at his house had photos of the Iranian leadership and a flag and stuff. And then it's been a conspiracy crazy because people are like, oh, this is such a plant. His hoodie says property of a law right on it. That must have been fake. This must have been a setup. I just think he wanted to send a message. I think he wanted to send a message, and that's what he did at this bar in Austin. And that wasn't even the only one, by the way. One thing before I get to one of the other things that happened. When first responders went to show up to the bar where this guy opened fire in Austin, Texas, there was a waymo block in the road. Look at this, there's a WEMO in front of the emergency vehicles. Just is it like that? I have no idea. It's like turning around or something and got stopped. And I don't know if the emergency lights confused these weymos, but these automated vehicles. As the first responder showed up, there was a WEIMO just like completely blocking the road.
Speaker 2: I mean at that point, ram it.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I think, yeah, so there was There's emergency vehicles from like both sides. So I think the WEIMO froze up and got confused and it just completely blocked the road. Finally, slowly but surely, it moves out of the way as people are filming it, you know, right right after all these shots were popped off in the middle of downtown Austin, Texas, and obviously people shocked by everything they were seeing out there. But then I see another story pop up in Virginia either And these folks are in Virginia and they said a man after a vehicle crash, got out of his car. Hold yourselves on this one, all right, brace yourself a little bit incoming in just a second. This guy he crashes his car. He gets out of his car with a knife and he attacks this woman and her dog. No, and he starts stabbing people after this crash that happened in Virginia, and the initial thought was like, oh is this somebody else mad about the attack on Iran and they're lashing out. They called for jihad, the Iranian government called for a jihad, and this is people stepping up and doing it. This was a road rage situation, actually it turned out to be. It was like a Virginia State trooper who shot and killed the man when he showed up on the scene. The guy stabbed four people and a dog on the Capitol Beltway in northern Virginia and what they say was a road rage attack. Not cool, bro. The man confronted the trooper with a knife and the trooper opened fire. According to Virginia Police, the man was shot, rushed to the hospital and died. It looks like that may not have been related. It may not have been related to the Austin thing, but absolutely bizarre nonetheless. And then there was a guy in Edinburgh, Scotland who is in photographs after he sparked some lockdowns and stabs some people and was just walking around with two big I don't know if they're chef's knives or what.
Speaker 2: What a weekend huh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And this guy is believed to actually have done this in a response to the Iranian situation. So it was while bombs are flying, miss are flying, people are are reacting, and Iran just honestly in the middle of it. Kind of seems like they were really caught off guard or the biggest paper tiger in the world because the United States is kind of mopping the floor with the Iranian leader and the country. I think they may have air superiority over all of Iran in the next couple of days or something. So like this hasn't been It seems like there's a lot of situations where these countries go, we're going to do whatever we want, We're not going to make any deals with you America, and then they get Maduro and his wife in the middle of the night in their pjs with sleeping masks on and haul them back to the United States and throw them in prison. Or you don't make a deal about Iran not having nuclear weapons, and your whole leadership structure gets annihilated and the guy who's been in charge as the supreme leader of your country gets goosed within the first twenty four hours. And that's real life playing on in front of us. So we'll keep an eye on it. We'll watch it, we'll see what happens, and we'll keep you updated along the way. It's a lot going on today, so I want to hear from you. All you have to do is send us a dispatch over on the website Thethewsjunkie dot com. Let's see what we got here. Melanie emails the show. Melanie says I saw a video on Instagram this morning saying that Jim Carrey was an impersonator. There's a guy who does elaborate impersonations and creates mass for them. The guy has done it with several celebrities, but the only other one I remember is Glenn Close. That video, Melanie went mega viral. Not true, fake news, It is not true. I think I actually have something for this. Donna are used to or I don't know if I have it on the news software. But fake news alert, Yeah, that was not real. I had to go a long way for them. Another person, Kelly says, that's his double. That's Jim Carrey's double. A lot of these guys look just like the actor. My friend Jimmy is Jack Black stunt double and looks just like him. He even keeps the weight on. Most of the stunt guys I know don't look like the actor though it's obviously not the same person in the video circulating, and his name has already been revealed, says Kelly with authority, Kelly, I'm sorry that is again fake news.
Speaker 4: Yeah, boy, do you favor your friends? Not really Jack Black stun double.
Speaker 1: Well, that part might be true, but this was Jim Carrey. He just looked different. If you want to see what made that go mega viral, go look at the video of Jim Carrey, listen to his voice and look at his face from his appearance this weekend that had people talking. That's on See it now over on the website The News chunky dot com, thenewsjunkie dot com. Quick break when we come back for the first time and what three weeks yep, three weeks. Our friend Amy Caffel's going to tell us on the show and see what she got on her mind, and see what she's talking about, see what stories are on her radar. We'll get the whole download with our friend Amy Caufeld.
Speaker 7: That's coming up next in the news junkie.
Speaker 1: It's Monday and his time. Let's welcome our friend Amy Kaffelt. There she is, euy Monday. Hey Amy, how are you good?
Speaker 2: I missed you too.
Speaker 1: It's been a while.
Speaker 11: See, nothing's happened since the last time we guys talked, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: So wild world out there with everything happening this week. You know, I was talking to somebody earlier. And I don't know if you have any similar experience to this, Amy, but I remember being a little kid, maybe twelve or something, maybe younger than I don't remember exactly what age, but when the first Amy also was a little kid. Yes, she had a similar experience when the first Iraq war happened. I remember going into my parents' room and they had the TV on and there was a reporter live in a rock like his bombs and missiles are going off and stuff, and you can kind of watch it. I go, Wow, this is weird. This is unbelievable. We're watching a war live and now, in twenty twenty six with everybody with a cell phone, even in a country where they keep shutting off the internet, so there are people can't get access to it in times like these when they're mowing them down and killing protesters and stuff. Even with all that going on, we still get the videos and photos for every angle of all of this stuff happening. And then you just wake up and use like a deluge of all of the war that happened that day. It's kind of crazy to see. And I think nobody kind of knows what's going on next. But is this something that even for you when you wake up and you're like, we're going to do good day, Orlando, We're going to focus on the audience, how do you decide, like, how much do we focus on something like Iran? Is this how do we make it relatable to the people who are way over here, so far away from it.
Speaker 11: Well, as you guys know, there were there were a lot of demonstrators downtown Orlando this weekend, people who you know, escape the Shaw back in the nineteen seventies, whose families, you know, experienced what it was like to live under the oppression and managed to get out before the regime change back then. And you know, we had a guy on this morning and just talking about.
Speaker 8: The history of that.
Speaker 11: I mean, I grew up with friends who escaped the Shaw and Iran people who who live here now and are you know, ecstatic to see what is happening because they feel like this is a shot at freedom, you know, potentially it's very similar to what we saw when Maduro was kicked out of office in Venezuela and we saw celebration and you know, but have we seen any major change in Venezuela. Not yet, but we see major change in Iran. I mean, I think that's the big question. So so we'll see what happens. I mean, I think it's one of those things where there's always a local angle Sean always and we have so many, as you saw in downtown Orlando this weekend, so many people of Iranian heritage who are right now just trying, many of them just trying to intake what's happening. We interviewed a couple who didn't want their faces shown on camera because they are still to this day can concern that somebody from Iran, you know, from the government might come and do something to them, even though they live here in Florida.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've seen that before. Yeah, I mean, there's some clips famous from ninety Day Fiance where the guy comes over from Iran and they're in on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, and he's like, this is unbelievable. There's like sex shops and there's like you know, like the guy's like blown away by what's happening because it's such a culture shock to him, and we're seeing all this.
Speaker 4: Curtain Street can be a pretty big culture shock for a lot of you know people, even.
Speaker 1: The Bible belters will be their world will be rocked a little bit, I think, But Bourbon Street could be a culture shock for Americans. Yeah. Yeah. So the thing that I think is interesting about all this is, as you see with Venezuela, at least so far, and as you're seeing now with Iran, there's something different going on here. It used to be amy that when we saw that American jets were bombing the desert and bombing all these Middle Eastern countries, that meant a whole bunch of young men we're going to have to get loaded up into vehicles, some young women along with them now and sent over to whatever this war zone was and be forced to die in a desert for whatever this cause is. It seems like now there's the new strategy is that it's all done by air, it's all done by sea, it's all done by drones, and there are very few people who end up actually on the ground or risking their lives on a more intense level for this. Of course, there's still people who have died and whatnot.
Speaker 5: A lot of civilians, right Versus in the past we were saying more combat action with humans, and now it's just the drones flying into buildings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and some people who are halfway across the world hitting buttons. But it's like it's not a boots on the ground kind of thing, or at least that's not what it looks like to me yet.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I know you're right, Sean, And everybody that we spoke to you this morning, including Congress members, said that this is a wholly different strategy. And you even heard President Trump talk about how the Iraqi war Operation Rocky freedom of how it was handled back when that happened, and the President was quoted as saying, many of the things that we did back then were dumb because we didn't realize right that that we were yeah to create to affect change. I think that the way they thought by putting boots on the ground now I'm just seeing this headline, Trump said. Trump says that he would potentially put boots on the ground in Iran if necessary, but but the strategy is to do this by air, and they.
Speaker 8: Do think that that is the most effective way.
Speaker 11: Here's the problem though, that the people of Iran have have been you know this is it's not like America, right that people of Iran don't have weapons. There is no Second Amendment there that you know that people have, you know, a stockpile of weapons in the house that if there's an uprising they.
Speaker 8: Can go out and defend themselves. That they don't have that.
Speaker 11: So so in order for them to affect change, you're truly going to have to wipe out current leadership and start over. A lot of people are saying like, oh, well, maybe the former king his son is the one who could take over, but you can't do that. I mean, there's so much infrastructure in it. It's just it's like there's such a huge.
Speaker 8: Amountain in front of them.
Speaker 11: It's just one of those things that I just don't know how they're going to be able to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're exactly right, because there's a lot of people who go, well, the United States shouldn't be the police of the world, the global police and forcing all of this stuff. It takes local change to make this happen. I think that fails to realize the realities of twenty twenty six life, which is kind of what you were saying. In Venezuela. You can't go out and just get a gun. There's not gun ranges and gun stores and all that. In Iran very much the same thing. You're not building up your militia, and if you do, good luck going up against the Iranian government. We just saw what they did. They shut down the internet completely. They've done that again right now. They go out in the streets, they mow people down, and they kill people until they get tired of doing it, and then they go back to what they were doing before. So there's like this, you know, mid nineteen hundred's view of if everybody just rises up against the government, then they can overthrow the bad leadership themselves. I don't think that works. I don't know that this is going to work, but you know, I don't think I don't think that that works. But it's been a wild, wild weekend. What else is grabbing your attention out there? Amy Kufam.
Speaker 11: Well, you guys, obviously, that's the big story of the day, and that's the.
Speaker 8: One that we've been covering. You guys have seen.
Speaker 11: I mean, we're showing this morning the friendly fire situation over Kuwait that the fifteen fighter pilots that were shot down. Did you guys see those guys coming down? Yeah, that is insane. Yeah, they're walking around on the ground and they thank god they all survive.
Speaker 8: But that's crazy.
Speaker 11: So that video is really one that people are hearing on on it.
Speaker 1: Here's one sure the in Kuwait they accidentally shot down these three American jets. And here's one of the pilots. After he ejected, they grabbed him. He's in the back of a suv.
Speaker 8: But one minute.
Speaker 1: He's okay. Minute they said there was some sort of accident. I don't know exactly what happened just yet, but the pilots ejected. Is they shot these three American fighter jets down and the guy seems like he's okay. Now I'm no expert, but I would guess that he's just kind of chilling in the back of this suv because I bet ejecting out of a plane rocks your world. A little bit. We've all seen top Gun, yeah.
Speaker 8: Right, I mean that's that's our knowledge. Our knowledge is watching these.
Speaker 11: Movies and we're like goose, you know, it's like you can't help but think about these scenes from these movies that we've seen, and these guys are doing this in real life. And there's two pilots per plane, so six six pilots came down from this friendly fire incident. Yeah, and you can also imagine, you know, like gosh, like you can imagine these kuwaitis that that shot them down, like they're they're so true. Imagine like you imagine you're you're scared to death right that you're about to be attacked and you don't know, and then you're like you hit the button right, yeah, and then.
Speaker 5: Where you land, you have to just hope and pray that the people that find you are also not right and.
Speaker 1: Are Here's the footage For those of you watching on YouTube, you can watch over on YouTube dot com Slash the news Junkie. This is the footage I want to come back with. These images that are the fighter jet is just dropping out of the sky. Quite a lot of the lands there, so well lands, I say, crash land defence of QA two is updates. It was shot down there the pilot you can see the pilot ejecting fol but the pilot the pilots hit the ejection and and right here and the parachutes go up and then they just fly into the air. I could only imagine what that does to your body. It must, yeah, you must be kind of really with it as you land, and I think.
Speaker 4: You probably at the moment at least, would be chock full of adrenaline, just not feeling a damn thing until you find yourself hanging out in the back of an suv and letting it all come.
Speaker 1: In just one minute, you know, come down. It's crazy.
Speaker 8: Absolutely million dollars in aircraft.
Speaker 11: So this is basically you just two hundred and seventy million dollars in aircraft.
Speaker 8: Wow, down, isn't that crazy?
Speaker 1: Yeah? What was this? One person and hit the button on all those.
Speaker 11: That's a that's like three people they all hit the buttons at the same time.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's kind of the scariest button in the in the fighter jet. Like I think, if I started today, I would never get to a point where I could fly a fighter jet. But if you even let me in one. I would be terrified of the eject button.
Speaker 1: I'd feel like if I was a squid, I would accidentally ink all the time, And if I was a fighter jet pilot, I'd be like every little thing i'd hit, I want to hit the eject button, just like, oh no, no, my.
Speaker 2: Walleft for me to go faster than thirty miles an hour.
Speaker 1: Please. Somebody says you go from zero to two hundred and fifty miles per hour in like a second, just right out into the air, and it's weird. My eyes just went down on my knees. Yeah. Ejection seats is according to Insecure Walrus on YouTube, ejection sets typically pulled between twelve and twenty g's. Oh gosh, I mean I've seen people doing these tests for NASA and such. Yeah, they're trying to stay awake and they're like four g's, five g's and then they're like getting pushed back into the chair at sixties and seven. But twenty g's, man, I don't even know how that would be.
Speaker 8: Now, they're very lucky to be alive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what else? What else is grabbing your attention out there?
Speaker 11: The story out of Austin, Texas, I wish. I mean, I feel like all the news is bad today. That of Austin, Texas had happened every week and heartbreaking. We're starting to now hear about who some of these victims were that were that were killed. This was believed to be a terrorist attack on these kids, and you know, they were kids. They were kids at a bar on a on a Saturday night, Sunday morning, you know, just out doing what kids do. And we're hearing now a second Universe, second year university student from Texas Tech was among the victims. His name is Writer Harrington, confirmed by by his family.
Speaker 8: He was a.
Speaker 11: Texas Tech frat kid, you know, at a bar like we all did in college.
Speaker 8: You know, you're just out having a good time.
Speaker 11: And sadly and sadly, we know at least two, potentially three of these students were killed.
Speaker 8: And it looks like.
Speaker 11: The gunman was was shot by police. I guess he didn't put a gun down and they shot him, is what we're hearing. This guy was a national US national from Senegal, and you guys saw the sweatshirt that he was, you know, allegedly all the times happened and apparently was wearing a shirt with an Iranian flag on it underneath his sweatshirt. Sweatshirt I believe said property of Allah, right, I don't know just and there is some concern obviously that everybody needs to be on their toes that there could be sleeper cells.
Speaker 8: Yeah, who have you know?
Speaker 11: But this guy apparently came into the country under the Clinton administration.
Speaker 8: I mean he's been here a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is sewing or this maybe snapped.
Speaker 1: Who knows. I don't even know if we know yet, But maybe he was just waiting for a moment. They're like, all right, when something happens, I'll be ready to go and then I'll unleash hell on on America. And I saw people this weekend Amy do the thing that I always talk about this happening to me when there was those shootings in was it was it Washington, DC where the sniper was Yeah, when that was going down and you're.
Speaker 11: At the National guardsmen or that just the guy that was like on the on the side of the road shooting.
Speaker 1: Lee Boyd Malva was his name, I think, and my useless factoid brain on news stories only, or maybe that was the the younger guy with him, whoever was that was so far away. It was like so so far away from where I was at the time, And I remember going to the gas station and like kind of looking left and right and duck, like, am I going to get shot at the gas station? People keep getting shot at the gas station, And people are starting to kind of do that a little bit with this already, Like is there going to be some revenge attack because of our bombs killing the Iranian leader? I don't know. Nobody knows. Nobody knows what's going to happen. Next. Another question for you, Amy, are you an Apple or Android? Goo? Which one?
Speaker 8: I'm an Apple. Guys, when we're all in a group text together.
Speaker 1: I answer that question because she's not a Green Texter. True. Yeah, I did see Did you see that this Samsung that they kind of rolled out this past weekend and it had the as the feature where you can hide stuff on your phone. I saw somebody using Yeah. I don't know if I saved this here.
Speaker 8: Oh it's so crazy Samsung phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, the new Samsung phone. Here it is. This is a woman using it on the subway and she's on her phone and you could clearly see from an angle, like you could see the woman's phone. You can see the messages, you can see what she's looking at all. Right, she's scrolling and then she hits the security button. Boom, you can't see anything.
Speaker 2: Awesome. I love that.
Speaker 1: She's now doing the same thing, scrolling the internet. But she put the privacy mode on and it goes from being able to see everything that was on the phone with perfect clarity to now I can't see anything.
Speaker 2: I'm on Apple.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 11: I thought that there's there's like a certain like screen protector you can get.
Speaker 5: On your phone you could turn on and off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you could, you could turn it on for certain features and stuff. Yeah, this one's seeing me.
Speaker 4: Like imagine, you know, you're on your phone browsing the web or watching the you know, watching your TikTok's uh the amy koffelt TikTok feed. And but you could if you got a notification like a text message or something only that could be privacied out or stuff like that. Like I think they're letting you pick and choose. But overall it's happening in the screen, and it's not some sticker or some sort of cover you have to put on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's crazy. I mean.
Speaker 8: Texting me, but then.
Speaker 1: Phone same Come on, there's got to be some super secret Fox convos you're having from time to time, and is hey, here's our strategy coming up for the sweeps whenever those happen. Yeah, I mean we wouldn't be able to see what was going on.
Speaker 11: Although you ever do that thought, like you're like if you're on an airplane or you're like on public transport. I do have a tendency to do that sometimes where I'll just be like kind of like glance over and be like.
Speaker 2: Find somebody in an airplane and I can see I'm reading it.
Speaker 1: This is cop This is my flying with Matt Gates.
Speaker 11: This is one of the craziest stories.
Speaker 1: This is mega cope, Sabrina. But I do the same thing, and I always tell myself, what do they think is going to happen? You're reading your text messages in public on a plane. Of course I'm gonna read them.
Speaker 2: And that's the largest font.
Speaker 5: So get some readers on a pharmacy screen, or I'm gonna read your business.
Speaker 1: What am I supposed to you're putting in my face? Am I supposed to purposely look away? You're putting it in front of me. I'm not being nosy.
Speaker 4: The font thing is hilarious too, because it's like if my mom had secrets, everybody on the plane would know that bigger than the tail number.
Speaker 1: You gotta be careful, you do. Yeah, all right there? She is the woman with nothing to hide on her phone. I just know it. I believe her through and through. She's the best of the best. You can watch her every single day on the news. She'll get you all caught up with everything that you need to know. On good Day Orlando. Beyond that, follow Amy Kaufelt on all social media platforms. Search for Amy Kaufelt to follow along and keep up to date with everything happening in her world and around the world. Just like that, Amy Kaufelt, I love you. She's so good. She's so good. Here she goes Amy Kaufelt from Fox thirty five. We still got to talk about Apple dropping some announcements out there, and then Apple, with these announcements came out and they apologized to their employees. So we know what's going to happen. We know what's gonna happen. We apologize ahead of time. What was going on with this. We'll get to that details coming up next. On the news junk kie. You wake up on a daylight today and you see stories where you go, WHOA, hold on, Now, that's just that's a step too far. That's a shot at my living, that's a shot at what I do. What are you? What are you doing out there? And I speak of talk radio. There are stories today about talk radio. Now. I love talk radio. I hope if, even if you're new to this show, you grow to love talk radio. I hope that you realize spoken word radio is the only thing that has a chance to survive the digital apocalypse. You don't need and I hate to say this to my brethren in the music side of this business. I hate to say this to you, but you don't need those people to talk to you between songs. You you don't wo I'm sorry, whoa, You don't really need that. It's not it's not really a huge thing. It's really not those Those jobs probably are ticking time bombs there. They're only gonna last for so long. This is something a little bit different. You get to hear somebody and hang out with them and just enjoy your day hopefully and hopefully we drag you through it a little bit. But this, this feels like a shot over the bow. The story today that I saw him says, talk radio just got moved down a peg. In a first, Americans are now giving more of their talk time attention to podcasts rather than traditional talk radio. By god, podcasts taking over. As far as I shut you mate, it's like, I don't know what the hell they were waiting for. Just now. A new share of Ears survey from Edison Research find podcasts edging past AMFM spoken word broadcast for the first time, claiming forty percent of spoken word listening versus thirty nine percent. So of the people who listen to humans talk like this, like you listening to this show, people talk about viral stuff on the show here for the news Junkie. The people who listen to talk content, forty percent of them are now getting their spoken word content from podcasts and thirty nine percent less than getting it from AMFM radio. Back in twenty fifteen, it was seventy five percent AMFM radio and podcast ten percent. It was seventy five to ten. The podcasts are getting bigger, including our own podcast, which it kind of feels like we're traders against ourselves and our own profession over here we're streaming to keep things moving in the right direction. We're on YouTube and Twitch, and a lot of people seem to be going in these different directions. If you want to go in that direction, please just subscribe to the podcast on iHeartRadio or at the news junky dot com. They estimate one hundred and fifteen million Americans now listen to podcasts every single week. How many people listen to the News Junkie one hundred and fourteen million. Just one shot, one shy right under our omuk right, you know, right there. Yeah, it's just so close. Just yeah, you reach for it. Nicole on YouTube says, I love live talk. I do too, and that was sort of the thing that drew me into it. Like I could still remember the shows that I would listen to that would get me through my work day. Shows hopefully like this show is to you when I was delivering water, and I remember so distinctly. If the show wasn't live, if it was I'm best of, it would mostly ruin my day. If the show was something out of the ordinary, like a live show, and like the sound wasn't where I was expecting it to be, the sound quality was different, would ruin my day. But if I showed up and the radio show that I liked listening to was there and they were hanging out with me, it dragged me through my day, made me laugh a couple of times, gave me some interesting things to think about, and then boom, we moved on to the next thing. Well that's what I liked, That's what I like. But more people are moving over to podcasting for this sort of content, and there's a lot of You listen to this right now on a podca cast. You might be listening on a million different platforms, but you're listening to the podcast world. Whereas back in the day, we were doing podcasts to nobody. When I first started podcasting, there was barely RSS feeds and stuff. You were doing a podcast to nobody. It was like, why even do this? What's happening here?
Speaker 4: Well, when we first first started offering podcasts as a company, they were like, make sure these are just small clips of your show, just little little like little segments, little best of little things.
Speaker 1: Uh huh, Yeah, that's how it goes. We consumer says best of is not as good, or podcasts yeah ruins my day, and I go listen to the same three songs of a looping music, as you said, still has traffic and weather though. Yeah, I mean I think that that's what I try to think about. It's why I've always tried to do this show in a particular way, because it got me through the day, and I think it will get a lot of people through the day. And I absolutely love when when you'll see zoomers on time every once in a while online rather every once in a while late a lot, they're late too. On time and online ceiling. You'll see the zoomers online and they'll go, God, if only there was a way to do like a like a live podcast. That should be a thing, they'll say, if only we had the technology to do it. We need to do an emergency podcast. But if only we could do it live somehow. Well, you know that's the joy of talk radio. But many of you going over to the podcast world just take us along with if you don't mind, go to the news junkie dot com for all the links. They're right there on the website. Let's see what we got. A couple of emails to squeak in. I still got the updates from Apple. I know I've been kicking that can down the road. Let me just get into a couple of things. I guess they announced Seilan. I don't know if you saw this, but they're like another one of those cheap iPhones. Yeah you got no, no, no, I'm I'm a sixteen Pro.
Speaker 4: Now I have upgraded Richie rich this guy mag And also I don't know that I would go back to the cheap oiphone. There's reasons I liked that one, partly the cheapo part, but the sixteen the you know, my problem was I use a phone until it's like dead and buried, and I don't upgrade often. And that was to my detriment because when I got the sixteen Pro, they were like, hey, you can trade in any phone in any condition, as long as it's a fourteen or up.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I don't even have a fourteen. I think I was trying.
Speaker 4: I was asking around if anybody had like a fourteen that had been just like run over by a tractor. It just needed to be a physically like a fourteen, and and I couldn't even find that, and so I ended up like buying a used one, and that was fine, but I would have gotten the phone for free. There's features on the phone that I can't live without now. MagSafe is one of them, although MagSafe has been added to the new cheapot phone. But the pictures, especially having a baby. Now, I can't give up the thirteen.
Speaker 1: You got to get the high quality staff. They're releasing Apple today in their announcement, is releasing all new cheap stuff. So they have an entry level iPhone today. We'll get more into this in a little bit. They have an entry level cheap o iPad and a cheap o iPad air, and then a cheap o iPad, but they have a they have a cheap o MacBook. Now they're releasing a cheap version of everything of all of the things, and that includes a cheap Apple laptop, a cheap iPad, and iPad air bottom end is what they call it an entry level iPhone. So I don't know right now.
Speaker 2: To upgrade and get a nuts so cheap O item.
Speaker 1: Or do people want that damn Samsung thing we've been talking about, you know, like is that more of a draw for folks? The cheap iPhones they say will sell so many that Apple actually apologized to the workers. They released a message and they apologize to their own employees because they said, your stores are gonna get swamped with people. They're going to be poor people. They're going to be in there buying the cheap phones. And they warned their own employees like, I'm so sorry this is going to happen to you. So that's what's out there. They're announcing that they have a bunch of cheap versions of stuff. We'll get into that in a little bit here on the show. An email coming in tips to thenewsjunkie dot com. This is MHN Mike from Michigan, aka a Hey junkie. It says the local small radio market that I live in up here in Michigan announced it's AM talk station that's been on since nineteen forty will go silent in April of this year. Thanks for the great work and giving me something to listen to at work, says Mike from Michigan. Yeah. It is a dying thing, man. There's so many heads that are rolling in all these industries. But I think people still love Live Live is exciting. Anything could happen right now. I don't know what's gonna happen. Oh my god, you see you see as easy as that. When we come back the next episode with Sabrina. What's coming up on the next episode? What's the new on.
Speaker 5: The next episodepisode Hockey, Buffs and Butts, Do I have an Airbnb for you to mark the anniversary of their deaths? Princess getting a five day fest and Michael Jackson is getting a child trafficking lawsuit plus fee five foh fuff big gay men Scareshiola buff I'll that so much more coming.
Speaker 2: Up on the next episode.
Speaker 1: And that is coming up next on the news Chunky, they just released footage of some guy in Kuwait who stumbled upon the American who had just ejected from the fighter pilot the fighter jet they accidentally shot down. It's so crazy, like the kuwaitis they said, accidentally shot down three of our fighter jets at the cost of over one hundred million dollars. There is a lot and I mean a lot of people who are wondering how the hell this happened. All the American fighter pilots, I believe survived, but here's them coming up on one of them. You're fine, really you did something to help you. They're on like a like this dirt area you would say, you're gonna say that's insane. Yeah, thank you can imagine. Thank you for help us here, Thank you for helping us. Hey, not for nothing? Do you know the guy who shot me down? What the what the hell is going on here? Nothing? He just comes up to her on the sand here. I keep wanting to say the beach, but it ain't a beach. He comes up to her on the sand here in Kuwait and says hello to her. We'll watch a little bit more of that in a bit. Right now, let's get into it. Let's do the next episode, because.
Speaker 7: There's a lot on TV and you can't possibly keep up with all of it, even though you should, because what else are you going to talk about?
Speaker 1: I'm not afraid anymore? Nothing, Weather's nice. It's time for the next episode with Sabrina. Hey small, Hold up.
Speaker 5: The next episode brought to you by that mortgage guide on that mortgage guide on dot com.
Speaker 2: That's his website. That's where you compare your first mortgage quote.
Speaker 5: Because if you're not doing that, that means you might be leaving money on the table. Get that money back in your hands. Maybe you're looking at the buying your first dream home. Work with someone who's got your back, who makes the process easy and is just an overall cool guy to hang out with. And of course I'm talking about that mortgage guy.
Speaker 1: Don don't miss.
Speaker 2: The vocal page. I'm not scared anymore.
Speaker 5: It was forty three years ago, nineteen eighty three, something was introduced to the United States of America.
Speaker 2: The first time in the US. And it goes a little something like this.
Speaker 5: You know, baby Crystal Clear forty three years and was still like.
Speaker 2: I let it go down, Rainbow making that sound.
Speaker 5: Hey, here we come on sac c.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't just track him. You want to CDs? No, I don't now he's ez nuts.
Speaker 5: Happy anniversary to CDs, which I still have forty of you in a binder in my car, just in case of the.
Speaker 1: Bluetooth written on silk.
Speaker 2: Yeahmo mix, cool mix, hands.
Speaker 1: Down mix, pants down mix. All right, you guys don't have a pants on mix.
Speaker 2: Most of my mixes are pants down.
Speaker 4: I never called it the pants sound mix because if she saw me getting out the pants down mix, and then you know I was being a little too uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Easy, easy.
Speaker 5: And now we go back to present day and the latest from a hole.
Speaker 1: Did you just hit your face on the microphone?
Speaker 5: This was that's West And who's the guy that was interviewing him?
Speaker 2: He looks familiar.
Speaker 1: He drew from Channel five Andrew calla.
Speaker 5: Okay, right is this interview seemed like we could have pulled so much more? But then again, every two seconds, Shilah buff was up and down and saying things and and saying things his lawyer specifically told him not to say. Yeah, and the biggest headline of them all was that big gay men scare him. True, and that's why I got in the fight. I sent you the clip that Fortunately no curse words in that.
Speaker 4: One, because he was he got in the fight because of the big gay men.
Speaker 1: Yes, all right.
Speaker 5: And the new interview, he admitted that his arrest in New Orleans last month was a direct result of him being afraid of big gay men.
Speaker 1: All right, here, I'll be honest with you. Big gay people are scary to me, Sorry, Peter. I mean when I'm like standing by myself and three gay dudes are next to me touching my leg, I get scared. Favorite part happens. I'm sorry. If that's homophobic, then then I'm that. If that's almost.
Speaker 5: Also added that it only happened that one time, and that's why I got arrested. I am, I'm wrong for touching people or anyone ever. Another potential reason for his phobia, he said, my dad was raped by his cousin, so he was in my ear all the time.
Speaker 1: Yikes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he clarified he's not against some sexuals.
Speaker 4: The funny part was growing up at Shilah Buff, his dad just went around talking about that all the time, Like, I guess, never shuts up about that cousin.
Speaker 5: Merry Christmas, unlike that Christmas, my cousin raped me.
Speaker 1: He wow, I am.
Speaker 2: I wasn't gonna say banks because it was as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all right. I like the part where he was talking about and the guy, the Andrew Callian guy goes, is that what happened to you? Is that why there was this fight? These guys like touched you and they were bothering you, and then Shilah Buff goes, Oh, my attorney told me not to talk about any of these. It was my fault. You shouldn't put your hands on anybody. It's like, what with the most lawyer like line you could possibly go with? After that?
Speaker 5: Also, for the record, he does not have a drinking problem. According to Shilhaboff at least he doesn't think. He says his issue is small man complex.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He was also re arrested by the way in New Orleans over the weekend, hit with an additional acount of simple battery related to that earlier incident, and released on five thousand dollars bounds.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, so they just added charges from the first thing. He didn't go back out and do more stuff. No, No, it was just from the initial thing. I think the person just like press charges or whatever.
Speaker 5: New Orleans ain't for you, Shia, I'm getting getting a vibe and some very sad news. But we did get the update on the cause of death of Little John's son, and according to reports, it's been revealed that it was an accidental drowning.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So the Fulton County Medical Examiner determined that Nathan Smith DJ name DJ Youngslade died from drowning in the setting of psilocybin.
Speaker 2: Use your magic mushroom.
Speaker 1: Oh and not.
Speaker 2: Good at all. The man was ruled as an accident.
Speaker 5: His body was found in a pond near Milton, Georgia, about thirty miles north of Atlanta, and that's where he lived.
Speaker 2: Just days after he was first reported missing.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, people get one shotted sometimes by these hallucinogenics. I was watching something about that that younger trans person in Canada that shot their family and then shot up the school, and there were some new details coming out about that person this weekend, and they had said that they were experimenting with mushrooms that they had they purchased online, and then they were posting on subreddits about doing mushrooms and they said, you know, I think I need to They were like thirteen or fourteen at this time, and the person who ended up shooting up the school and stuff said, I think I need to regulate myself a little better. I did shrooms this weekend and I burned my family's house down. And they were like, you know, I don't necessarily want to do that. I mean, I did it on purpose and you know, but I don't know necessarily want to do that again. So what should I put in place next time I take mushrooms? And Reddit is like, maybe you shouldn't be taking mushrooms.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the experiment have a buddy with you that is familiar with and keeps you away from destruction.
Speaker 1: No, but some people, I think just naturally take bad to hallucinogenics. I really think there's like this slice of mental illness where isn't it hallucinogens either way, hallucinogens whatever you want to say. I'm talking about shrooms, LSD all that stuff. People don't react well to it, and it makes one shots people just make them crazy right off the jump. Sometimes not good.
Speaker 5: And this is going to be crazy. But what a way to celebrate a death. I suppose according to reports April twenty first, we'll mark the tenth anniversary of whose death?
Speaker 4: Tenth anniversary April twenty first.
Speaker 1: Like a dog.
Speaker 5: Years Prince Prince's right, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Give it a little kiss.
Speaker 1: That's not, that's not, that's not. You get a song called Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyways, there's gonna be a party, five day party.
Speaker 1: I'm sure Prince did some weird stuff, you know, I wouldn't something.
Speaker 2: Wasn't his butt all crazy because of the fentanyl.
Speaker 5: Probably they're going to celebrate his life and that's going to go down June third.
Speaker 1: You know what they say about fennel.
Speaker 2: I mean, give it a little kiss.
Speaker 5: I'm thinking about a butt then fentanyl, butd because there's so many shots in.
Speaker 1: That fedel makes you do a zombie and your legs turn into concrete so you don't fall over and your butt you got not good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, So that party, Party Time, Celebration of Life is gonna be five days starting June third in Minneapolis. Events will include concert screenings, boat cruises, panel discussions, and more, kicking off with a DJ dance party, Nice and a Prince mural will be revealed, exclusive access to unreleased music and rare concert footage. If you are a VIP, so go get your tickets. I suppose it's anywhere from seven hundred dollars to fifty additional dollars for the boat cruise. All right, Happy Death Day on the Boobtube, American Idol on ABC, The Voice on NBC, series premiere of Bachelor, Mansion.
Speaker 2: Takeover on HGTV. I guess they're going to fix up that mansion finally.
Speaker 5: Peacock NBA Monday, Go Bucks, Warriors, Celtics and Clippers, and catch Hillary Night on Fallon. Follow your Dreams of Me on Instagram at Sabrina Ambromost importantly.
Speaker 2: Say it with me, you butts smopeed day.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Sabrina. You can join us on the show with dispatches or emails unless you got that Ventanyl butt situation going on.
Speaker 5: Was it it his or Michael Jackson's butt was like so messed up from all the shots of Ventanyl.
Speaker 1: No, Michael Jackson didn't have federoyl.
Speaker 5: He had the Yeah, I'm telling you, Prince, but google it.
Speaker 1: I never heard anything about either of their butts. I have limited knowledge on both butts. If I'm real with you, I don't. I mean, it's not that I'm trying to avoid those conversations, it's just I haven't heard much about it. Prince was such a weird dude. I loved it. I love it. I love weirdos. I love people who are unpredictable. I even like Shilah buff I think he's a He's a weirdo in such an interesting way that we don't see anymore, and we don't usually see it. We see all these like very sanitized people in Hollywood and music. Music especially music was the home of people who could be weirdos. And now they all have like the same opinions and they do the same stuff and it's not a lot that makes people stand out. There's nobody that I can think of right now, like Prince there's nobody like that that I can think of right now. I might be out of touch. There might be some young upstart who is really really clever, and I'm.
Speaker 4: Trying to check um who would be the weirdest musician right now?
Speaker 2: But are they genuinely weird or they're just putting up an act?
Speaker 1: A lot of them are putting up an act. And also, not only was he genuinely weird, Prince also was a fantastic musician, like Unboo ridiculous. He was so so skilled a guitar and everything else. He had his studio in his house and you know, I just think anybody who has a studio in their house alone, it's cool.
Speaker 4: So there you go. Yeah, so turn out a lot of CDs there. But I got some CDs for you.
Speaker 1: I got some CDs. Okay, what is this? Is this by? Is this copyright?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 1: How the hell am I supposed to know? What? Am I?
Speaker 10: Well?
Speaker 1: I know about the CD song for God's Sake.
Speaker 4: From the band who brought you U, Carmen san Diego and that Folgers song.
Speaker 1: But if you told me that was the Abercrome and Fitch group, I believe you. LFO. Yeah, if you said as you. You don't know Lfo's song about CDs and they have a whole song about it. Put the ZD in the CD player, keep on listen. I'm gonna get gay or whatever the hell the game tune is. Oh, it's somebody an LFO how to Be Gay?
Speaker 2: Right dead? It's all dead?
Speaker 1: I believe, No, there's all dead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it is at least one Lafts still classic classic boy bend All right, quick break.
Speaker 1: When we come back, we'll hear from you. Send us a dispatch over at the news Junkie dot com, thenews chunky dot com. We got the update about that big Apple announcement. We got more info coming out of Iran. What could this mean for your gas prices? Everybody? Huh? How does it affect me? That's the question. And got some interesting info for you. It's coming up next in the News Junkie. Join us with a dispatcher an email to tips at the Newsjunkie dot com. There is a new law that is rolling through the process right now, and all the stories I see frame this. This is a Florida law for those of you listening somewhere else. I think it's really interesting though, and they're framing it as the license plate thing. You've heard of us talking about how all of a sudden they made a change to license plate frames in Florida. It was meant to get rid of license plates that would obscure your license, the license plate frames that would obscure your license or cover it up, so you could cruise through all the toll roads and not have to pay back those construction companies for all that work they put in. And now it caused a little chaos afterwards, but now people have kind of calmed down about it. But there's a new bill called HB five four three, And it's not the part about the license plate frames that interests me. If this pass is it's going to change something that I think is super interesting. Right. There's a couple of things in this. One is license plate readers. So it says private entities may install automated license plate recognition systems solely for use on their property, so long as it's for a public safety related purpose. So you can have your own license plate reader on your your private property and scan people's license plates. Do that before I guess you couldn't. I guess there was some laws about that that that you would want.
Speaker 4: To know that, because is it illegal for me to write down every license plate number?
Speaker 1: I see, I don't know, because that's kind of the same right.
Speaker 2: After.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have that information, and then it's not a matter of just googling the license plate you get.
Speaker 1: There KUTA bases. I think you pop them in and get the information. From my experience, I think you have to pay for some of them to get to get the information about whom's a license plate. Yeah, I think. So that's one thing that's in this HB five four to three. That's not the thing that really drives my attention this. A lot of you boomers might like this part of it. It also prohibits drivers from intentionally revving their engines in a way that produces excessive or unusual noise. Okay, so like some kit pulls up next to you with the top line, Wow, go to jail, straight to prison. See you later. Done. So that's one thing that's in this that's not the thing that comes to mind here. Golf carts. It addresses golf carts too. It allows a golf cart that's been converted to a low speed vehicle to be titled and registered registered for operation on roads with up to thirty five mile per hour speed limits without inspection by the DHSMV if the owner submits a written affidavit and the vehicle complies with state requirements. So you could drive golf carts on roads. All right, Okay, Disabled parking, we're still not to the part that really stands out, but we're almost there. Let's vehicles with a disabled parking permit and permanently installed mobility the access equipment to occupy more than one parking space when necessary. This allows the people in the handicap spots to take up two handicap spots if they're that handicap. No are it allows double handicap.
Speaker 4: I think it allows them to take up too, non handicap spots if all the handicap spots are taken.
Speaker 1: It says leeds. Vehicles with it take up more than one parking space when necessary, so long as no designated spaces are available to otherwise accommodate. Right. So maybe that Yeah, Like if you don't have the extra room and you can't unfurl your thing that gets your wheelchair out or whatever, you could take up two spots. People will complain about that, even if you're disabled. Then there's this part which a lot of you might find interesting. Provides more flexibility for local governments to set lower speed limits at any level below the legal maximum speed limit in a residential district. So you can have a speed limit that's say twenty miles an hour, fifteen miles an hour, whatever. Here's the thing that I think is interesting. This bill, if passed, will affect all of us in this very particular way. If this bill HB five four to three passes, it will extend the time for a yellow traffic light by half of a second, not even right now, it's three point four seconds, and they'll they're going to change to like three point eight seconds, So yellow lights would last about half a second longer in the state of Florida. And I asked to you, and I don't know who I'm asking here, is that a thing that they could just go and then they just unleash the code and every yellow light across the state of Florida now lasts a half second longer.
Speaker 4: If it were that quick, I would be worried about the state of our traffic control systems.
Speaker 2: A little vulnerable. But they have those boxes, right.
Speaker 1: And you think they got to do everyone annually?
Speaker 2: There might be some that are network in computers, but that.
Speaker 1: Would be crazy. I think Ceiling's saying if they could do that via the network, maybe people could hack it or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know that you'd want people to know exactly how that happens.
Speaker 10: There.
Speaker 4: There is a guy that's got a decent amount of followers on YouTube that fixes traffic lights all the time, and he just like has his own YouTube channel about his life is a traffic light repair man, and he like opens up those boxes and shows you inside and stuff too.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 4: But there, I think there's got to be some sort of in between where it's not log into the main server and change every yellow light at once, but definitely not going to every traffic control box of every intersection.
Speaker 1: Dowaving. I mean, that's a little it seems like a little much.
Speaker 4: I also wonder is that like a statewide standard, because I thought there were certain areas of the state, like certain neighborhoods. I thought maybe Disney, where they're like locally, just decided their traffic lights are longer like they're yellow lights, right.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they're all on the same But now they're saying they're going to stretch this out a little bit, and then like, does that mean if I'm if this goes through, If this officially goes through and they change yellow lights to about a half second longer, do I When I go through the intersection and I see that it's yellow, I go, hey, I got a little bit more four seconds? Here goes nothing. I want to do this. So it's interesting, but that's something they're doing with this HB five four to three. It could make yellow lights a half second longer, as well as all the other random stuff that's attached to that.
Speaker 4: Actual police officer listening with the show says three point four seconds is the minimum required speed limit. Also plays a part on how they make those decisions. Oh that makes sense.
Speaker 1: So if your speed limit is faster, the yellow light will go longer, because I would assume, yeah, they want to. That adds up. Let us know if you know more about this, send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Right now, all right, let's see what else. We have lots of stuff going on out there, and a lot happening on the Iranian front. Are there are a couple of comments I wanted to get to. This was Trump talking about Iran's entire military command. He said, it's gone. It's gone. It is no more.
Speaker 10: Over the past thirty six hours, the United States and its partners have launched Operation Epic Fury, at one of the largest, most complex, most overwhelming military offensives the world has ever seen.
Speaker 1: Nobody's seen anything like it.
Speaker 10: We have hit hundreds of targets in Iran, including Revolutionary Guard facilities, Iranian air defenses, all of them. Just now was announced that we knocked out nine ships plus the naval building, all in a matter of literally minutes.
Speaker 1: All right, they said, we knocked out a bunch of ships. We knocked out a bunch of the leadership. We got the supreme leaders Zip zap, he's gone, he's out of there. They got the former president. I'm aDNA Jod. Have you ever heard about that guy in the newsmod I'm Adena Jod, gone done out, he's blasted. They have intelligence and from what I heard, here's what happened. I'll give you a little little insight on this that I heard that I thought was interesting. I guess the Israeli intelligence, which is next level double O seven style stuff. These are the guys who blew up all the was it Hamas or Hesbla guys with the pagers. They they they found out that it was they like they made a deal with the provider that was making these pagers for this terrorist outfit, and they put bombs in the pagers and then they just waited until they thought it was the best time, and they hit a button and simultaneously blew up all these pagers that these uh the leaders were using. That this is a group out of the Middle East that has long been against the Israeli military and people were for that matter, but they they blew them up with this intelligence that they had. They've done some crazy next level things. And in the case of this, they had attacked Iran. Israel had many times before and always every single time at night. They attacked Iran at night, every single time. And in this case they said, we're going to change it up and surprise them. And the Iranians purposely were meeting during the day because they thought, well, we're at risk at night, that's when Israel would Obama us, we might get bombs, so let's meet in the middle of the day. Israel here is there's going to be this huge meeting between the Supreme leader of Iran, this religious theocratic nutjob who's been leading the country, not very popular, and all the people below him that they were going to be meeting in the middle the day because they didn't want to get bombed to night. And Israeli in the United States said, here you go and unleash the fury and drop bombs galore on this place. That was one of the things that took out a lot of these people. It has been a pretty rough time for anybody in charge over there. There have been some American casualties. From what I can tell. There is an American military base that is in Kuwait, I think, and the Kuwait military base was bombed by the Iranian forces and that was what led to four, if not five American soldiers dying that America when we were when I was walking through the hall a second ago, okay, and maybe it's still at four. I thought it had gone to five because there was somebody else who was pretty gravely injured. But there were four or five Americans who had died. The ones who were in these fighter jets that were shot down in Kuwait, they didn't even die that these these American fighter pilots didn't even they just ejected, and I was sharing with you earlier. In fact, I'll play for those of you who missed this because it's so crazy. The guy in Kuwait is walking around and he sees the fighter jet get accidentally shot down, accidentally shot down by these Kuwaiti armed forces, and the American fighter pilot ejects out of the fighter jets, as did several others, and then the Kuwaiti person just stumbled upon them. You're fine, really, yes, she said, I'm okay, no problem. You want safe, you would safe, you gonna safe? Everything good? Such a thank you for ahead of us everything. This guy's so chill considering the circumstances. Yeah, they were the good. Uh you want some swama like the people are just chilling hanging out now after this ejection out of a fighter jet. Just absolutely crazy to see, very very interesting, and we'll keep an eye on all of this. But there's there's a lot of developments obviously coming out of this area. How long is this going to go on for? Trump said forty five weeks, but could be longer. What's your gas going to look like? Your gas is probably gonna get more expensive? And as I saw this morning, you're four oh one k. What happened to that? That whole the Dow is at fifty thousand? Thing? What happened that? Oh, let me see, let me bring up the Yahoo finance, because the Dow is not at fifty thousand any longer, as far as I could tell, forty eight to nine? What gives? What gives? I thought the Dow was at fifty forty eight nine. There's been a bit of a sell off that they've recovered from. Mostly it was down a couple hundred points I think at one point today, But now it's only down forty one the Dow Jones Industrial So the market's not reacting great to This could go on for three, four or five weeks, but maybe even a little bit longer. And then Trump also said he made some comment about him American casualties listen.
Speaker 10: Earlier today, Sentcam shared the news that three US military service members have been killed in action. As one nation, we agreeve for the true American patriots who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our nation, even as we continue the righteous mission for which they gave their lives. We pray for the full recovery of the wounded, and send our immense love and eternal gratitude.
Speaker 1: To the families of the fallen. All right, so that's four people, maybe five people. And on the other side of this equation from what I just saw a moment ago. Hang on, let me bring this up. The estimate from Israel at least is that between one thousand and fifteen hundred members of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps that's the Iranian security forces that are at the higher echelon of their military, about a thousand, fifteen hundred of them have been killed in the strike so far. Some estimates suggest much higher numbers, but the more conservative assessment speaks of over a thousand fatalities among the Iranian security forces since they start of Operation Roaring Lion that's the Israeli version and Epic Fury, the American campaign, there have been Yeah, it looks like over one thousand Iranian military forces maybe even more, maybe as much as fifteen hundred who have died as compared to four of the United States. But that number will obviously change over time, and we'll see what kind of an appetite people have for this. I think people have more of an appetite for like this flyover drone, you know, drop some munitions on the country, three or four weeks done, and then hopefully the Iranians can step up and find themselves a little slice of democracy. I think Americans have more of an appetite for that than they do. Hey, let's send one hundred thousand young men and women over to the desert again. I don't think I have no appetit for that none. Don't have any appetite for that at all. I don't want any Americans boots on the ground in the middle of the desert again. We've done it. I don't want it anymore. I don't ever want it again. If there could be a limited campaign and you can get rid of the worst of the worst in these places and maybe free it up for the Iranians have some control over their future. I mean, I think a lot of people, myself included, might be on board with that. But I have no idea what's going to happen, nor do the people pretending like they do. Just keep that in mind. Quick break. When we come back, we'll hear from you. We'll get into those first dispatches, And I want to tell you, what are the most unbelievable stories that I've seen in a while. I feel this person was wronged. I'm being legitimate here. I feel this person deserves a major payout for what happened to them. And I think what happened here is the biggest travesty in sports history. Hey, wait until you hear what went down, and we'll see if you agree with me or not. That's coming up next in the news, Chunkie. I gotta tell you this story because it had me fired up this morning. The injustice that was on display here. This is unbelievable. And if we know anything around here, we know sports, baby, we know the sports inside outside around this on the field, all the good stuff, and this one, to me, was so unfair. This is just so unfair. I think they owe this person money. I think they owe this person a grand apology. And it happened at the US Half Marathon Championships. True story. I'm looking at it right now. The US Half Marathon Championships ented in Controver this weekend. As the three leading female runners, right, So the women who are at the front of the pack, they're running the US half Marathon and they're like, we got this in the bag. There is less than two miles to go on the half marathon, they are firmly in the lead of this half marathon, and they are doing very well. They're probably planning on what they're gonna do with their wins and their ribbons, and there we go, Here we go. Jess McClain, who was at the front of the pack, was on the brink of her first national title at the event in Atlanta, Georgia. She along with contenders Emma Grace Hurley and Edna Kerget, had to double back after realizing there was a mistake. They were following around one of the vehicles, you know, like these track vehicles that kind of the Pace vehicle with cameras. Well, they were they follow them. The vehicles have cameras usually and other stuff, and they're, you know, they're following the runners, and the Pace vehicle made a wrong turn and they followed the Pace vehicle come on, and they thought like, well, I mean, obviously these people aren't going to screw up there the officials, this is their course exactly where they're gone.
Speaker 4: Well, I think this kind of depends on what did the Pace vehicle make a mistake or was the Pace vehicle leaving the course because they were getting to a section that they didn't need to be there for anymore well.
Speaker 1: McClain ultimately finished with a runtime of ninth place one hour, eleven minutes, twenty seven seconds. Hurley and the other women were seconds behind in twelfth and thirteenth place. They would have got first, second, and third. They got eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth. Oh, Molly Byrne was more than a minute behind all of them added ten to their their place number. Yeah. Molly Bourne, who was more than a minute behind them before this mistake, ended up winning. She won the entire thing. Now here's what happened. USA Track and Field acknowledges the course wasn't properly marked at the point where the top women were misdirected, but said its rules offered no way to change the order of the finish, so the results stand. Atlanta Track Club CEO and race director Richard Kannah accepted full responsibility. We're gonna need a sepaka from this guy, Sebaku, whatever it is. He promised a review of why the vehicle left the route. He said athletes should never have to make a split decision, split second decision between following a pace vehicle or trusting the official course. The leader not only lost the title, in twenty thousand dollars winner prize, but also an automatic berth to the twenty twenty six World Road Running Championships in Copenhagen. So the car went off course. They trusted that the car was staying on the right course, and they followed it running along, and then all of a sudden they realized, wait, this doesn't seem right.
Speaker 2: This is this the core purpose of the damn car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they've doubled back, and by the time they double back, they got ten places lower than they would have.
Speaker 4: And I think they figured it out when the car pulled into a McDonald's.
Speaker 1: Said, let's go get one of those big arches, the big arches right now to make things a little bit better for us. Pretty crazy a disaster at the US Half Marathon Championships. As you can imagine, I was very tuned in, just focused on that. Had no idea.
Speaker 4: Is that why, like I didn't hear from you for a handful of hours over the weekend.
Speaker 1: Well, one reason was that. The other reason was I decided to sans Austin without without Austin in the studio, which, just so you guys know, studio complete disaster collapse over the weekend, Austin comes in to put this simple new LED light in the control tower in my studio and he's like, the other one burned out. This one's like more sophisticated. It's got that ceiling we'll know, like the w LED technology, and and he goes, I'll put that in for you, and he puts it and it looks so cool, and it's like, here's all the things you can do with you're showing me. And all of a sudden, I go, what what are those noises on the speakers in my studio. It's like, like, what the hell is that? Austin, I don't know looking around, and I look and one of the main digital mixers in the studio is rebooting over and over and over and over again. And I was like, is this related to the LED lights? And he's like, no, I swear to god, I swear to god, it's not related. I said, what's going on here? And this piece of equipment that is at the core of my studio, the power supply, completely died. Nothing worked in the studio, not a single microphone, nothing worked. I couldn't do a video, I couldn't do a stream, I couldn't do anything. The whole studio was ground to a whole. Austin saving me from probably not being able to do the show today tomorrow or maybe the next day, and being out one thousand dollars for the one part art that was broken, came over and swapped out some powerboards and like you know, put it all together like like an electrician and fixed it. So everything's back up and running. I decided to stay on this momentum. I thought the studio was screwed and I was in big trouble, and I said, I'm gonna continue. I would have been in here today. I would have been yeah, but I just took the day off. I've been like, I'm not coming in there. I'm not doing it. I got an equipment problem I'll see in three days. But he fixed it. And then I pushed my luck by installing a new studio screen with some custom software that I built. So I've got chat and like teleprompters, all sorts of stuff up on this new big screen in the studio. And I hung at myself. And I've never hung a television before. Wait what, I never hung one before. No, I've paid somebody to do No, I've paid somebody to do every single one that I have. I don't know how to do it. I thought I screwed everything up. Find duds. I don't think so hard, buddy. No, it looks right. It looks it's installed the beautiful way. I can pull on it and it doesn't fall down or anything. It's solidly up there. See you see chat going on it right now. You know, it's like it's it's a great feature. I like to be able to see everybody saying like, hello, crazy drunk cat lady, Mick, Tanya, Hi, guys, you're on the stream right now because I could see your your chat messages coming in real time. But if Josh is underneath it, or Sea lends underneath it, or somebody's over on the couch, yeah, I don't know if it's up there good enough. I don't know. I did the best that I could with the abilities that I have, which in this world is not good. I have not a not a lot of skills. I'm not the mister fix it. I would like to be tell us what you think, says a dispatch over in the news Junking dot Com. I need help next time. I shouldn't do this myself. We were watching the Apple thing. The Apple announcement is kind of just there's cheap versions of everything coming out from Apple. That's what they're doing.
Speaker 4: I think they're doing it over a couple of days. So I think we've gotten today's announcements as far as the seventeen E, which is the next next level of but actually a decent upgrade from sixteen E.
Speaker 1: It's the same price as the sixteen E, but it's much as that the six hundred dollars, so the cheapest one is still six hundred dollars. That's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So the six seventeen E is the same price, but it has an upgraded processor, double the storage, and and it has MagSafe now which in a more durable display.
Speaker 1: So it's like a cheaper option for people, which they expect to sell very very well. Like I said, they even sent out an apology to all the Apple workers because they think they're going to get flooded with people who are trying to get these cheaper versions.
Speaker 4: I wonder if they're doing the same for this cheap Mac that hasn't been announced. They're just expecting the cheap MacBook and the cheap MacBook. I think they're doing because they want to get more like they're the speculation is they want to get more penetration into like education systems that are using like a s ton of chromebooks, right because chromebooks are cheap, so they're they're looking after that also, you know, because they have so many laptops and so many other laptops are expensive. Uh, they've seen that a lot of people just buy the old ones refurbished or just new but old. So like a lot of people are buying the MacBook air m one, and they're like, we want to get more people buying new stuff from the store.
Speaker 1: Tech Tech is crazy cheap, man, It's so except for a ram right now for other stuff. I got that television because I went to the store because I bought the wrong one. Like everything else, I failed and failed and failed. I bought them on for the studio and I put it in here, and Courtney's line changed the course of the history of this studio. I bought it and I said, I'm going to put it right here, and Courtney goes, that looks like Michael Scott's little flat screen TV. She said, I think it's too small. It looks like it looks like when Michael Scott pulls this flat screen TV off the wall and he's like, I love this thing. I love it. Finally splurged. I finally splurged. I got the flat screen TV. She said that my screen looked like that, and I go, oh, great, I can't have that. And so I went over to Target. I almost never go over there. Whatever. Target TV forty inch TV one hundred and twenty dollars. What a time to be alive. It's so crazy. I wanted to mention this TV thing earlier. I said there's a huge change coming to TV. I know that. I tease that, and I haven't gotten to it. I've got that next. I got Jury Duty. Next, I got what's happening in the prediction markets. That's wild related to the Iranian situation, the attacks there and all of that. We got a lot to get to in the final hour of the show, and that's coming up next on the news chunk Key in Jury Duty. In a moment, I did not think we'd have an update on this. You know how, sometimes we have stories on this show and I'm like, oh, that was a fun story. I think, well, we'll probably never hear more about that. Remember the protester lady in the penis costume.
Speaker 2: I will never forget her who.
Speaker 1: Was fighting with the police officer. I don't know if you were here for that, Celan, I thought that was were you the protester lady in the penis costume? It was fighting with the cop. She's back in the news. There's an update on that story, so we'll get to that here in just a moment before that, a big change in the TV world. It was kind of a whiplash moment. But Paramount is going to be merging with Warner Brothers. After it looked like Netflix was going to be doing this, but no. Paramount was like the sneak attack and they're going to be merging with Warner Brothers. Here's what's going to happen as a result of that, HBO Max and Paramount Plus will be confined into one service. Now, HBO Max is the most snip snap, snip snap story of streaming I have ever heard my life. It was HBO Max, HBO Go, Hbo Now, then they changed to Max and then they I think I might be getting this right, they changed back to HBO Max.
Speaker 4: Because they're back to HBO Max now from the Max change, the initial confusion was that they had different names of the app for different situations you were in. So there was there was HBO Go, which you could just sign up for it no matter what you had, and then there was HBO Now and I might be criss crossing the two names if you're now where you could get it if you already subscribed to HBO as part of I don't know why there's balloons as part of your cable subscription. You know how you have certain on demand stuff that when you subscribe to this the things you get them.
Speaker 1: Streaming as an add on.
Speaker 4: And they had all these different names that they had kind of let go wild, and nobody knew which one was which. And then they consolidated it into HBO Max, which people thought was another new name, but it was really just a combination of HBO and Cinemax, and.
Speaker 1: They got rid of all the branding that HBO had inherently in it. Then they dropped the HBO and just stuck with Max. That was the stupidest thing they did.
Speaker 4: And then they realized that, and then they changed it back and they got really close to the number of name changes for kral sky Amphitheater.
Speaker 1: Fucky, good job, everybody, well done. Dan on YouTube says this is crap. These companies are getting way too big. True, I mean.
Speaker 5: True, what point are we going to not have any other choice if we don't sign up for the Disney, Hulu Paramount Warner Brothers Max Bundle versus having all these separate.
Speaker 2: You know that they're going to charge so much more.
Speaker 1: Now, who does this make things better for? I don't know.
Speaker 12: I have both subscriptions, whoever's in the c suite atamount to whatever whatever we're I don't think we benefit from this really in any way.
Speaker 1: I don't unless Sabrina can consolidate the two subscriptions, because it's going to be one company now or something. We're not. I mean, we're not going to get any good out of this.
Speaker 5: But watch then they're going to take away your ad free you know, subscription. But we're trying to do that with the Disney Bundle. I got grandfather into the price I'm at with no ads, and they're like, no, do the Disney Bundle.
Speaker 2: We'll put a bunch of ads for everything. No more money.
Speaker 1: Well, they said, HBO Max In Paramount Plus will be combined into one service. What's the name going to be? I don't know. Hold on to your rex. We'll see, we'll see what happens. They're gonna do fifteen films per studio, with forty five day theatrical windows for each film. The merged company will have approximately seventy nine billion dollars in debt. Congratulations billion. It's it's like a it's like a broke vultron. All our power is combined. We're going to merge and have seventy nine billion dollars in debt.
Speaker 4: They're like, now that we have combined, now we have some bills to pay.
Speaker 1: It's like the poorest vultron ever like combining and there's old parts like a dots and the merge company will have seventy nine billion in debt. They'll do six billion in cost cutting, including consolidating on tech, infrastructure, real estate, corporate overheads, and more. That means they're going to fire a lot of people. That means there's going to be more firings. That's what that means. No plans to sell off or spin off in either cable assets. They have flexibility to put sports like UFC on any cable network. They'll continue to license movies and TV shows to other studios and platforms and AI will be a tool for artists, but never a replacement for storytellers. That's what they said. Yeah, I believe it. I believe it.
Speaker 4: I think that's hilarious that they're like, listen, there's a there's a silver lining here. You know, we're not gonna replace storytellers. So we are, we are edging towards monopoly.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but it's a tool, is what it is. I look at all of this and go, this is not going to make anything better. It's not gonna it's it's a mess. Whenever they do this. I hate that they do this stuff, and the AI think feels so inevitable, as much as Hollywood wants to avoid it. We watched the movie last night. Let me see, I'll bring this up so I remember what was Courtney who by the way, she she got heated because she was the one who helped me install this TV in the studio. She did most of the work. I've had no idea what the hell was doing.
Speaker 2: I was with job. Courtney.
Speaker 1: She goes, I have a couple of movie options for tonight, and she said one of them was this movie that I hadn't really heard much about. But it's called Mercy. And uh, oh, Mercy watched it or did you put it on the list that that was the one with Chris Pratt. Chris Pratt is the lead in this merger, so we watched it. Yes, Courney and I were talking. First of all, how hilarious is it that John Krasinsky and Chris Pratt turned into like the two big movie stars in the action world in twenty twenty six? How how funny is that Jim from the Office and Andy's Wire from Parkson rec turned into like the ripped action star guys.
Speaker 4: I mean, I'd say Chris Pratt much more so than John Krasinsky. John Krasinsky was doing the the.
Speaker 1: One, but he.
Speaker 5: Always played like the goofy Hull until that Amazon Prime show.
Speaker 1: I've never watched an episode of but I don't know if you guys have.
Speaker 2: I just remember it being on the boxes of stuff I ordered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's it? What's it even called?
Speaker 2: The It's born? Isn't it a born thing?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Sorry, uh, John Krasinski, I'll look it up here. Jack Ryan, you played Jack Ryan Ryan. Yeah, I haven't seen a single episode of it. I was right on Tom Clans with those points. All right, I'll keep them in the the fake point scoring world that we have over here. But we're watching this and it was interesting because in a way, the movie Mercy with Chris Pratt in it that we watched last night was very similar to one of the most hated movies of my lifetime, which is that War of the Worlds they just released with Yes, Okay Yes, and in it, ice Cube is just in one room for almost the whole movie, and all these things are happening around ice Cube and it's a big Amazon commercial and it was pretty it was so bad. It was good in a way. The War of the World it's.
Speaker 4: Really hard to do a movie where it's just feels like one big, long scene and you're just in one place, like I'm trying to figure out what I have to compare it to. Obviously, The World of the World's thing was not done well enough that people liked it, and it was but this one I thought was done a lot better. There's another movie where I think Rachel McAdams is there's Somebody on a payphone. I think it's called Payphone, where somebody picks up a payphone randomly. I don't think it's Rachel McAdams picks up a payphone randomly and is like, you have to stay on the line or else I'm going to shoot people. And then they shoot somebody right next But the whole thing happens at this phone booth and and I'm like, you had run the risk of this going so terribly, of people getting bored of being in the same place.
Speaker 1: For an hour and a half. Yeah, and this was It's kind of the same but much better. But I thought it was much more entertaining mercy with Chris Pratt. However, I don't know if I could figure this out because it would be so hard to search for for reasons that will become obvious in twenty seconds. The movie is about like an AI takes over the justice system, and the AI and the AI judge are the ultimate level in fairness, and Chris Pratt is the top cop that's pushing for this AI judge that will determine guilt and innocence. And then the AI judge says, we have a murder and the person who is guilty of murder is Chris Pratt, and now he has to try to defend himself to this AI judge. And watching this movie, there was so many scenes where I was sure it was AI. Like, I'm pretty sure the car crashes and some of the chases that they were showing were done by actual artificial intelligence. But if I try to search Mercy movie AI, well, the plot of the movie, yeah, is about AI, so I can't really cut through it.
Speaker 5: And when they use AI and movies, now are they are they revealing that information? Is there a way to see it in the credits? For example, because c G I have certainly still used. But where does AI come into this?
Speaker 1: Do you think they should put it in the credits? I would be I think there's people in the industry that would that would demand that. I think they should. I think they should. I think they should have to reveal just like where animals harmed in this production, they should have to reveal that there was AI used in the creation of the product. I think they should. I don't even know they have to reveal that animals were harmed.
Speaker 4: I just think that the ASPCA won't add their seal of approval.
Speaker 1: Because there there have been movies where.
Speaker 4: Like, uh, like a goldfish died and they're like, well, we won't put the sealing.
Speaker 1: Ilsnot think you could pay them off. I'm not totally sure about that.
Speaker 4: They're The movie I was thinking about is called Phone Booth with Ferreal, but I was also kind of confusing it with Red Eye with Rachel McAdams. Redeye obviously takes place on a plane, so a lot of that is all in the same place for most of that movie until the end, which is kind of the same for this mercy thing.
Speaker 1: Some of them have done better than others, or the Worlds was not one of those. I think movies should have to put clearly if there was AI used on these scenes. Here are the scenes that AI was used on, and that that AI was used, because I think there was a decent portion of this that was software creating the scenes. I might be wrong. Somebody who knows more about it let me know, but there was a lot of the scenes where I saw a movement that looked a little funky, and I saw some of the car chases and stuff possibly were AI. If you saw that, let me know. If you picked up on the same thing, send us a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. All right, let's do quickly here some jury duty so I can at least pay off the story I just talked about here we go.
Speaker 6: Courge is now in session, so put your phone down and pay attention before we call the bailiff over to whip your ass.
Speaker 1: You're knowing jury duty with the news Junkie. Jury Duty brought to you by the one the only Mo Dewitz of the DeWitt Law Firm. Injured on the go, just call MO eight hundred, CALLMO eight hundred, CALLMO, or go to just Callmo dot com after an accident. You have lots of opportunities, and I encourage you to go to the attorney who's gonna help you out. And you know MO from the show, so reach out to it. Eight hundred, eight hundred CALLMO eight hundred, CALLMO, or just Calmo dot com. Sorry for the folks who were trying to go to the MOMENTI Masters this weekend rained out. Yeah, the weather it I think the brutal thing is it didn't even end up raining. I think it like it looked really bad and they had to cancel it. They rescheduled it all right, So if you were gonna go, the MOMENTI Masters has been rescheduled. But I don't even know if it actually ended up braining. It was it looked like it was gonna be really the most annoying. It sucks. Okay, I'm going to take a quick break here because we're up against it. I apologize. I have so many things to get into before the end of the show. I will get into the lady and the protest penis costume. I'll explain it to you if you guys don't know what I'm talking about, but there's a new twist in that story. I also want to talk about people betting on the Iranian war and people dying and what is supposed to happen with that, and insider trading when when bets spark up right before bombs drop by the US military and the Israeli military, Like there's I think there's so much insider trading going on in these prediction markets. We'll talk about that too. There's a lot on the way and it's coming up next. I'm the new US junkie. Okay, A lot of things to get into here on the show. As we roll on. It is the Power Hour, the final hour of the show, and some people were pointing out that I haven't done rate my blank Oh but uh, we probably could still work that in. I don't know. I make kick it the next week. I had a couple of ideas and nothing really landed perfectly this week. But don't you gonna show us how you hung on tv? Uh? Send you installation photos like saying it out loud, T Yeah, let's see your toes. Let's okay, let's we'll go full full feet over on the dispatches side of things. Rate my feet be rich on the site. This is a really bad idea, probably, but let's see what you got for us. Rate my feet over on the news junkie dot com. Send it a dispatch. We'll pick somebody. This is what happens when and.
Speaker 2: What's gonna happened?
Speaker 5: Was me having to explain to her wonderful engineer, Frank, what the hell we're talking about?
Speaker 1: What's going on over there?
Speaker 4: All?
Speaker 1: Right, here we go. I talked to you about this, so let me bring a full circle. There was this woman who was at a protest and the police were there as well, and it was at one of those No King's protests, and the woman was dressed up in a giant inflatable penis costume, and it was kind of funny. Her interacting with the police officer was great. She had great lines and she was right about a lot of things. You know, agree with her or disagree with her on the protest front, she was right about a lot of things of sense. Well, because she said, am I being detained? And the officer said no, not right now, and then so she went to walk away. She physically walked away, and then he chased her down and said, why are you running away from me? She said, you told me I wasn't being detained. She's exactly right. That's how speech works. That's that she's exactly exactly how not being detained works. Yeah, but now she's got new charges. And I've got some details here from Channel five, the local news outlet there that's been covering this lady in Alabama, Fairhope, Alabama. Let's see here, let's get this up. Hang on a she was there.
Speaker 6: It is a phallic costume on holding an American flag.
Speaker 1: And a sign that said no dictator.
Speaker 13: It quickly became a legal matter for Renee Gamble.
Speaker 1: It's her Renee Gamble costume. She says, am I being detained? And he doesn't.
Speaker 6: Respond, so she turns to walk away, and he grabs her from behind, pulls your down on the onto the ground.
Speaker 13: Gamble was arrested in charge, but disorderly conduct and resisting in arrest.
Speaker 1: All right, So what the cops should have done? This A hilarious freeze frame. Hilarious freeze frame of her costume with the twigg and berries she a lot more berries. She was again. Agree with her or disagree with her politically, it doesn't matter. She was right. The cop was absolutely wrong in terms of their fundamental rights in this moment. The cop still arrested her. He arrested her for like a couple of different charges. And then they should have made the smart move by saying, we made a mistake. This was an overstep of our power. This woman wasn't being detained, and she walked away from the police officer, was absolutely her right to do so. And then the cop grabbed her by her costume and threw her down on the ground. So I think the cop was just fully in the wrong here, full in the whole interaction, and they should have said, we made a mistake, let's let it go. Not only that, they have new charges, new charges for this woman, and I was like, what could the new charges be? Here we go now?
Speaker 13: Months later, two additional charges filed giving officers a false name, and breaking a city ordinance related to disturbing the peace.
Speaker 1: So not only did they not back off of the previous charges, they added on two new charges, including giving a false name because I forgot what she said, but she gave a fake name. She said her name was Antifa. Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: And she's like, I got to tie my Patriot shoes at a barn America.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, And then so they charge her for another crime for that. To aunt Tifa is what she says. Can you tell me where this is?
Speaker 13: We spoke with Gamble's attorney, who says he's prepared to defend his client in court.
Speaker 6: The whole point of the costume and the sign was, you know, making the political poo? Is this attorney the threat of a dictator? Even people that disagree with her politics say that she had a right to do what she did. She did.
Speaker 1: He's just right, He's just absolutely positively right. You don't have to if a cop tells you they're not detaining, you sit there and entertain them. You do not have to talk to them.
Speaker 5: You do not person too, was like, what am I supposed to explain to my child if they saw that?
Speaker 2: What does that have to do? That's the law that you're supposed to be enforcing.
Speaker 1: Nothing. Yeah, she said, so you don't like the costume I'm in I'm paraphrasing here, and then Sabrina's right. The officer said, what is explained to me what we would tell to a little kid if they drove by here, and it was like, your more morality police stuff has no bearing on the law. It doesn't matter, it doesn't have any bearing on anything. You can't say, well, I find this offensive. How am I supposed to explain this to my family? The question only is is it legal or not legal? That's it. And it's not legal to wear an offensive costume to some people in public or at a protest like this.
Speaker 4: It's not a thing that you're not allowed to do. It's weird because they charged her with disturbing the peace. But it's like there were tons of people protesting there. Wouldn't they all have been disturbing the peace if one of them was guilty of disturbing the peace?
Speaker 1: Like, weren't they all?
Speaker 4: Now you can only say that she was because there was a penis costume, And now you're dipping into First Amendment territory here. But the hilarious paragraph in this story from WKRG over there says another document explained that Gamble violated the municipal Ordinance unlawfully disturbing the peace of others quote by dressing as a giant erect penis at or about a major traffic intersection where the safety of pedestrians and or traffic was at substantial risk unquote.
Speaker 2: It's only a wreck because she was standing up and walking.
Speaker 1: It's so dumb, it's so obvious to anybody knows anything about the law that this woman didn't do anything illegal, and that they're absolutely harassing him because they disagree with her. You should be strong enough, just like a lot of people accurately, very accurately go after these far left wing people, the nut jobs on the far left, and say they cannot deal with anybody who disagrees with them. They have no interest in ideological diversity at all, and where they'd have their way, they'd probably everybody in camps that they disagreed with. Some of these far far left extremists absolutely believe that they believe that their radical view is the only one and everybody else should basically be locked up. They're crazy, right, But how is this not the opposite of that. How is this not You're you're doing the exact same thing, Like you're just saying, Hey, I don't want this lady out here in this costume. Hey I don't want these people out here protesting this. You have to be strong enough to let people disagree with you, otherwise your points are garbage. Otherwise your fundamental flaw is that your worldview can't even hold up to discussion, and you have to enforce it this way. I mean, that's the that's the real thing here.
Speaker 4: I don't even find the costume to be that, I mean, not even close to obscene. It's just like a blow up costume.
Speaker 1: It's not.
Speaker 4: It's good quality. I mean it was before she was knocked on the ground. I don't know that i'd call it like super accurate.
Speaker 1: Right, let's pull it out, let's see.
Speaker 2: Now, please.
Speaker 1: But it can't.
Speaker 4: Also, the sign should have nothing to do with it, because I'm sure that what could not have been the worst sign at the protest? Yeah, you know, some of the signs of these protests are pretty profane. Yeah, of course, and that's how it should be.
Speaker 1: Are not says? Do people really want to costume like this to be worn in public? Yes? I do. I want people to be able to do and wear things that may offend you and your morals. I want people to be able to say things that offend you. I want people to be able to hurt your feelings with the things that they want to say, because that is what freedom of speech is about. Freedom of speech is not about only just the things that you agree with. America has lost sight of that. Our political parties have lost sight of that. It is a true major issue that we're facing as a country. But yes, I absolutely want things like this to make people feel uncomfortable sometimes. Ever, the never ending quest to make everybody comfortable is what led us to this area, right, the never any question to be like, never face an opinion different than yours, Never face anything that like that bothers you Like this, Oh my god, it's a cause a sexualize Who cares? Who cares? It's really not. It's not nearly as big of a deal as it should be. I wouldn't even call it sexualized. It doesn't have to be. But it's genitalia. But it's not. It's not sexual but a but a genitalia costume in publicator protests is of so little consequence when compared to the massive consequence of losing any of our rights, of having an inability to speak with one another, having an allergy to opinions that differ from yours. Those are so much bigger problems than Oh my god, it's a you know, the phallic costume, like that's It's just it's ridiculous, and I think most people know it. I think most people who see this and normal people go, oh, do I want that around my kids?
Speaker 10: No?
Speaker 1: But who cares. It's a protest. Let them do what they're doing. The cops abusing the law is far worse. That's me. Let me know what you think. Send a dispatch over at the news junkie dot com. But new charges for her, new charges for giving a false a fake name, a false name, and she obviously gave the name as a joke, but giving a false name, and what was the other thing like disturbing the piece? Disturbing the piece was the second one that they did.
Speaker 4: Disturbing the peace of others by violent, offensive, or boisterous conduct or language, or by conduct or language calculated.
Speaker 1: To provoke a breach of peace. She should win one hundred percent. If she doesn't win, it's a miscarriage of justice, and I hope another group gets involved and she probably has grounds to sue. Certainly at this point in time, this is the kind of stuff that most people just think of stupid, And you're right, most people are right about it. Quick break, when we come back, we'll get into the prediction market. Chaos are people cheating and betting fortunes and winning fortunes on war and on people dying. Also, a woman caught by her son with his sixteen year old. Oh yeah, she's the mayor. Just to toss that in there. What went down? Wait till you hear the details on this story. It's coming up next on the news junk Key. I am sending out the rest of those. I had to catch up with a lot of them this weekend. There was a lot to catch up on them. But the rest of those are going out today and tomorrow. So if you're wrote anything for those gifted subs or subscribing, because when you subscribe as secret shows, you get to claim a gift there at the end yours will be on the way very very soon, So go check that out at thenewschunkie dot com. I saw this going mega viral over the weekend. I'm worried that this is going to sound like garbage, because this is like somebody filming their television and it's a fight between these two reporters in kaid F d X and tech Soma. That's gone pretty viral. Let's see, I'm risking a hitting play here. I don't know how bad this audio is. I can pump it up to a certain extent, but I guess there was like a passive aggressive back and forth between some of the hosts on this show, and I think people thought they were serious, but I think they just they messed with each other like this. Let's see if we can hear it here. You don't have any rain in our forecast, but something.
Speaker 13: That is in the not so distant future that we can forecast is midland.
Speaker 8: Whether you don't have any rain in the forecast in the next few days, but in the next two days we have Midland.
Speaker 1: When a radio I just said a second ago, we have rain the foreta, he said, I just set a second ago we have rain in the forecast. So they're ribbing each other, giving each other a bunch of crab.
Speaker 8: Here, Well, I have the day of the the event, I have rain I'm not talking. I'm telling actually the rain.
Speaker 1: Chas is coming before you correct people, and just your job.
Speaker 2: I just don't know why you don't listen to me anyways.
Speaker 1: Take is your greatest salvoever? He goes, He goes, I don't know why you don't just listen to me, and she goes cause you're baring. I'll bring it back just a little bit, and then I'll tell you what's going on until this weekend.
Speaker 2: Right, well, I have the day of the the event I have.
Speaker 8: I'm not talking, I'm talking.
Speaker 13: Tell me, actually the rain chance is coming before you kind of correct people, and just your job.
Speaker 2: I just don't know why you don't listen to me anyways.
Speaker 1: Take your close action, isn't isn't typing out the fight. I like how she dragged that out because you're.
Speaker 5: I don't know if they're poking fun or even having fun anymore after that, So.
Speaker 1: I guess they've talked about this. Uh, the the two anchors that were involved in this story, which is pretty funny actually to listen to everybody takes this stuff really seriously and they were just having fun with this. So Texas anchors speak out after on air exchange goes viral and they took a picture with each other. It's Michael Bowling and Carney Parter is the porter. Carney Porter is the woman who was talking with him on KFDX. Carney is quite the name. I haven't heard that before, isn't there Carnee and Wilson Phillips, Oh there is, yeah, Canie Phillips, Yeah, you're right. Carney Porter and meteorologist Michael Bowling had a tense on air exchange on this newscast that's gone viral. She told the guy to just do his job and that he was boring. It was posted on Facebook when they said that these guys hate each other, there must be like some bad blood between them, and they responded by saying they do this all the time, and a statement shared with People magazine, he said that he was honestly shocked by how much the exchange has blown. No, Carnie and I are known for giving each other a hard time, and our community loves us for it. We really didn't even give it a second thought after it happened. Then the next day it was all over Facebook. We're super close like siblings, and there's no negative feelings between us whatsoever.
Speaker 2: His statement this is his exactly, is it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his statement is that they're they're good because somebody picked it up.
Speaker 4: That's why it's I mean, they've done this a bunch of times before, and this is the one that hits.
Speaker 1: It's just because it got it got into the right eyes, the right ears.
Speaker 4: You know, the post has a TMZ has it, and not a one of them has a better copy of it.
Speaker 1: No, it's all that somebody filming their TV and low quality but.
Speaker 2: Releases a statement. They're like, no, I mean, he's really boring. I don't know why we continue to do this completely.
Speaker 1: I think she might have chimed in, hold on, let's see it says we're super close, like siblings. There's no negative feelings between us at all. Bowling also addressed the incident in a Facebook post echoing this statement, saying, Carnie and I are super close, nearly siblings in a way. We literally trash talk to each other all day and sometimes it comes out on air. Trust me, it's all love, she said.
Speaker 4: Carney Porter said, I just read Michael Bowling's statement and I felt like I was watching his boring ask to weather forecasts again, and so I just stopped snoring, so I took care to write this.
Speaker 1: They said. With that being said, I would never intentionally be mean or hurtful to Michael or anybody in our newsroom, on or off the air. We're all really close. I'm so lucky we have such great friends. For those who found the moment uncomfortable, I sincerely apologize. I don't apologize these people. They were just having fun with each other, just ribbing each other. As long as everybody's enjoying themselves, that's good to go. What else do we have here?
Speaker 11: Oh?
Speaker 1: I wanted to share this because I thought it was crazy. Las Vegas. They now have the team that used to be the Oakland Athletics, and they're unveiling no Oakland Raiders, No, no, no baseball baseball, oh Oakland Athletic. The Las Vegas Athletics stadium design has been released. When did they start making the little the like prototypes of the stadium designs?
Speaker 2: So awesome, that's so realistic.
Speaker 1: Wait so you see this? Hang on a second, here's actual lights in there, isn't it. Yeah? Yeah, So I'm going to put this up on see it now afterwards so everybody can see the visual. But they debuted what their new stadium, which is going to cost a boatload of money. They debuted what their new stadium is going to look like, and as they unveiled this, all right, there's like a huge cool and it's got lights flashing in the outfield. Wait for it, all right, wait for it, lights flashing in the outfield. There's one particular feature to this. It's amazing. It's a huge overhang that makes up the roof. They hit a button and the roof goes straight up in the air like an umbrella raising to the top. Is that that's so you can see inside? This is not what the stadium is gonna do.
Speaker 11: No, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is it gonna Is that just for this or is that? Does the stadium do that? I why would the stadium do that because it's.
Speaker 2: Awesome or something. They thing, Yes, you can if you're time it out right. When the roof is going up, they hit a.
Speaker 1: Button and the entire top of this stadium goes upwards and it goes with these poles come out of the ground, sea land things. It's just for display. You might be right. I built this bad ass so cool. The model for this is unbelievable. I'm gonna put it up on see it now.
Speaker 4: Who gets to keep this when they've built the stadium and everything's done.
Speaker 1: Here, Yeah, I want it to This alone must have cost a lot of money, right, yes, So Las Vegas is getting all these sports teams and building out these venues for them, and one of the models that they've used is so freaking impressive. I'm gonna get this right now and take a screen show out of it so I can put it on see it now for you guys, because I think you're gonna love it.
Speaker 4: When I could only see the thumbnail, I was like, this thing looks like a spaceship. This thing looks like But what I was seeing though, was the table surrounding the model, which kind of, you know, added to the spaceshipness of what we were looking at. But either way, impressive looking stadium.
Speaker 1: New Vegas Stadium mock up. All right, I'm putting this up on see it now so you could take a look at it right now, or whenever you get a chance at your leisure, go over to the website the news Junker dot com. I really want to know if it goes up in the air like that, because that would be great, That would be pretty amazing, Like you could you have this overhang which helps you when it's like sunny or or if there's like too much rain or whatever. I guess you wouldn't protect yourself from the sun, but too much rain is coming in, you got a problem. But then if you want to raise it up in the air inexplicably, you could also do that.
Speaker 2: I guess fighter jet goes right through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, open holes, the flyovers. Yeah, the flyers go through fly through. Yeah. Can't do it anywhere else only there. Pretty impressive stuff. What's crazy?
Speaker 4: This stadium already has its own Wikipedia page, but it doesn't have a name yet. So the Wikipedia page is new Las Vegas Stadium.
Speaker 2: Oh right, take the point.
Speaker 1: I hope that they do this. I saw this over the weekend. I thought this was fake. The Cardinals, the Cardinals baseball team, baseball fans are really just reaping in the good content here for you. Today. The Cardinals are in Arizona, I believe, and in an effort to try to make tickets to their games a little more affordable, the Cardinals are introducing a ticket package. Here's what you got get to go to the game. First of all, starts at twenty nine dollars. All right, it includes bottomless soda, what, bottomless hot dogs, bottomless chicken tenders, brought worst, unlimited nachos, unlimited fries, unlimited popcorn, peanuts, chips, and ice cream at the game.
Speaker 2: That's a massive deal. Something's up. What's the catch?
Speaker 1: They have an unlimited concessions option unlimited. I'll have to bring up a story on this unlimited.
Speaker 4: And wait, you're saying that the thirty dollars ticket falls under this unlimited concessions category.
Speaker 1: It sounds the ticket started. Yeah, the ticket started that I says. All right, here's here's what it says. This is from K s T. Are you sitting with your back to the game. What's the catch? If you're ready to get your fill of baseball and concessions, the Arizona Cardinals have a deal for you. The Cardinals on Monday announced the Coca Cola Unlimited Deal, a new ticket option that offers bottomless soft drinks and ballpark eats for the twenty twenty sixth season. Included in the price, fans get a seat in Big Macland, Jesus limit Coca Cola Unlimited in Big back Land. Bring you so you get a risk band that allows you to go to the concession stand as many times as you want with no additional charges. Once you make your selection, you'll be able to pick up your items from the unlimited concession stand. You show the risk band, you grab your items, and you go. For more information to buy tickets, click here. It says, oh, so some games are cheaper than others. Okay, so like the some games started just twenty nine dollars. Other games are going to be more expensive than that. But it's twenty nine dollars unlimited soda and concession at the ballpark for that game. I think that would bring in a lot of people.
Speaker 2: I think so too.
Speaker 1: It's like, you guys are right though it sounds too good to be true.
Speaker 5: Are you going to be stuck in line if everyone gets the unlimited concession? You're not even watching the game, You're just waiting for your fourth hot dog?
Speaker 1: Well, I think it only happens in Big Backland. No Coca Cola, unlimited Big Mackland as, no transactions, just baseball and bottomless bites. And then I'm clicking on the actual tickets. So let's pick a game here.
Speaker 4: Fans may select from Ice Cold Fountain Coca Cola products, hot dogs, chicken tenders, brought worse, nacho cheese and chips, French fries, popcorn, peanuts, cattle chips, ice cream cups. You can select up to three items per visit and return as often as you'd like.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: I wonder can you go somewhere else? What you bring them to your seat? I'm looking at another game.
Speaker 1: I just picked Red Sox versus Cardinal's Sea Lane, and it's sixty five dollars a ticket, sixty bucks plus five dollars and fifty cents and fees, sixty five dollars out the door, and that gets you. That's for a good game.
Speaker 4: They go.
Speaker 1: The tickets go as low as as twenty something dollars, but this one's sixty five dollars and you get free food, bottomless food, and sodas. That's a that's a really good deal. Actually, it is a good deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Arizona, here we come.
Speaker 1: If you were going to go by yourself to a a restaurant and have a couple of drinks and SOA, well, you're not getting alcohol with this, but if you're gonna have some sodas and some foods, you might be thirty forty bucks deep. So it's not much more than that to see a baseball game and have unlimited food. Tell us if you would do it that.
Speaker 4: A person who has this can't really put down that many brought worst and chicken tenders. Maybe, yeah, give give it a shot. Oh, they're saying Saint Louis not Arizona.
Speaker 2: That yeah, a lot of people. Whatever, it's still fun.
Speaker 1: Saint Louis Cardinals. Sorry, sorry, s Saint Louis Cardinals. It's the Saint Louis Cardinals Stadium where this is going down. But unlimited concessions is a pretty cool offer. Maybe that would make you want to go even to a baseball game. Let us know. Send a dispatch over at thenewsjunkie dot com. Cheez, I haven't gotten to a bunch of this stuff, but I'll try to get everything I teased in in the final segment.
Speaker 2: We got any topics?
Speaker 1: Ummm let me check? Uh yep, okay, right, my feet is coming in and will.
Speaker 4: Oh god, oh my gosh, interesting person has fans.
Speaker 1: Everybody's gonna be a loser rate. My feet is a alright, okay, what am I is this? Ai? What am I even looking at?
Speaker 2: What those are? Fingertoes?
Speaker 1: Those are creepy. You can see this in the submitted dispatches the spatially section of the News Junkie dot cop lots of ooze and chat right.
Speaker 2: Now, Hey, gross, that's what Tarzan's feet look like.
Speaker 1: It is gross, all right? When we come back, final dispatch of stories that didn't make the cut in today, learn to wrap everything up for a Monday. All of that to wrap up the show coming up next in the News Junkie. Learn more about the show on the website thenews junkie dot com. I've been bad about working in some of the feedback, so let's see what we got here. On the way out. Here is DJ talking about nudity in the locker room. DJ says, at stage plays, it's not unusual for men and women to share the same locker room with nudity rampant. Then again, so many men in theater are gay. So a gay actor told me, do you know doctors can Now? Okay, I don't need to include that part. It's like a joke. But the world behind the scenes on these stage shows, he's saying, is not only a locker room situation, but it's men and women together willing to get naked. That seems very strange, But I guess that's the case.
Speaker 4: I think sometimes those, especially in Broadway, those theaters are so old and small that they weren't built for.
Speaker 1: To be able to separate stuff like that. It's probably right. Yeah, they probably limited facilities built for me to sit in their seats. Yeah, it's let's tick a tighten there me too. Let's see, Anthony, this can't be true, Anthony emails tips at the news junkie dot com. He's talking about the fighter jets that were accidentally down by Kuwait and the people who ejected from them. Anthony says ejecting from an aircraft can cause pilots to lose one to two inches of height, often temporarily due to extreme spinal compression from the g forces. Well often a temporary, immediate or partial loss. Some regain the height over time. Some reported losses can be permanent due to damage vertebrae. Is that possibly true? In fact, I'm big sea lion. See if ejecting from an aircraft can cause you to lose one to two inches of height, because that is a crazy fact if true. And last one from now here this is uh oh boy, there's a lot, a lot of people here. Big John wants to talk about the stadium roof. He says, there are a handful of stadiums in the United States of America that have retractable roofs. Yeah, this isn't the one we're talking about. It's up on see it now. It is not a retractable roof in the sense that you have a roof like a convertible and the roof of retracts. This one was a crazy design of a roof and then there were these poles on that the roof was on, and the poles went straight up into.
Speaker 2: The air like a hydraulic lift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you could lift the roof fifty feet up or something and open up this area so the wind could come in a bit. I don't know if that's real, but there you go. Regardless, I think we should do the math on if you were to lift that roof up for real.
Speaker 4: Like, based on the ratio of the size of the model to what the size of the stadium will be, how much would that roof have to lift into the air at full size to match what we saw in that video.
Speaker 1: Do you understand what I'm saying here? Yeah? I don't even that it would be crazy heavy. Just you can look at it yourself. Go look at it over on the news junkie dic The.
Speaker 4: Amount of hydraulics that you would need would be an insane amount of engineering.
Speaker 1: First stadium, I think it probably would. All right, what do we got on the way out here? Prediction market bets on the leader of Iran, the Supreme Leader being killed spurred outrage from all sides. Users bet at least two hundred and fifty five million dollars over the killing of Iran's leader and strikes of Iran and Iran on KOLs and polymarket. There were a bunch of spikes right before the war started, and you start to go like, hey, are we just gonna be okay with the fact that people who now have a heads up on these things are going to take money and make millions of dollars off of their insider information. Why else would somebody right before the first bombs drop know that, Hey, I'm going to put a million dollars, are one hundred thousand dollars on this bet for war with Iran to break out? Like you know that because you're in the know, and then you're utilizing that information to have a leg up on everybody else.
Speaker 2: It's kind of crazy an investigation at least.
Speaker 1: They I don't know if they've responded to this at all. They said most of the wallets that were involved in this were funded in the last twenty four hours before this took place. They specifically bet for February twenty eighth to be the day that the war started. They bought yes, any hours before the strike seems a little sus it does? It does? It really does. All right, let's get the hell out of here. Let's do today a larn.
Speaker 3: The following information may make you feel smarter, but will not actually increase your IQ.
Speaker 1: So don't get cocky.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 1: It's dollar what we call today. They're tuning laws are yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, but much like Trump's response to Obama talking about the aliens, it's like they're giving out classified information.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, Hey, somebody's given something classified. I know that they already track the pizzas and they'll see all the pizzas by the Pentagon. Our Pentagon pizza tracker is going off, and they know something is happening. Well, if they start tracking these markets and say hey, right before one of these events happen, usually there's a spike and that's how we know it's incoming. Countries might know that the attacks are incoming from the insider information.
Speaker 2: And place their bets to help with the fix up and clean up.
Speaker 1: I don't like it. Today learn for a Monday March second, twenty twenty six, and today learn let's see, we're just gonna have to flip to the last one. Thanks, folks, thanks for a fun day. We appreciate you. As I always tell you, you can go over to the website and if you're somebody who wants podcasting over live radio, how dare you? But okay, fine, go get the podcast on theewsjunkie dot com. Today. Learn this song right here, War War?
Speaker 4: What is it good for?
Speaker 10: You know it?
Speaker 1: The singer of War Edwin Starr Edwin Starr with two rs, that's right, Sealan. His backing band is called Black Murder, which there you go. Born in Nashville, raised in Cleveland, Ohio. This is the big fat song that you know I'm from And this one really really catchy. If those or you haven't heard it yet are just hearing it for the first time, enjoy on the way out. Thank you so much forragging out with this one. You appreciate it. We'll back tomorrow, same time, same place, missing the shugging, the podcast overthews Junkie dot com. We'll see you tomorrow, everybody. God, y'all,