Speaker 1: Well, well, well back from the weekend, a big win basketball cat sat home all Third Arena, all over Lipscombe eighty nine sixty two, which is the way you would expect it to have gone, and they were all tuned up and ready to go and welcome back to the Big twelfth schedule as they roll into starting Saturday, with Houston coming in to fifth third Arena Saturday afternoon, then a trip to West Virginia for a seven o'clock tip off on well a week from tomorrow on January sixth, though, with the new year brings on the Big twelveth schedule for the bear Cats, who are now seven and five, eight and five actually, and Lipscomb falls now to seven and six, I think is how that goes. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's said. And of course, a Bengals doing exactly what we expected them to do yesterday. We expected it to be the whole season more or less like this, which was a developing, growing, improving defense and an offense that just basically destroys defenses in and around the NFL that they made easy work of. A Cardinals team that apparently most of the NFL's made easy work of too, That was yesterday and that it felt almost like spring or fall yesterday it was about what forty degrees warmer If I'm not mistaken, then right now made tailgating easier. A lot of people getting stuff done outside, and a whole lot of people very happy at pacore thirty seven to fourteen Bengals over Cardinals. And they'll wrap it up on Sunday at the one o'clock kickoff when the Browns roll in, and that's always going to be a battle AFC nor showdown Browns Bengals, it's just what it is. So we'll see exactly how that goes. And it looks like Joe Burrows expected to start and looks healthy and as it should be. And it's just amazing to see all the offensive weapons that the Bengals have being available and with Joe Burrow behind center and healthy with the toe and comfortable and just going to work. And that's exactly what they did yesterday, which is scored early, often and seemingly at will handling their business, which is sort of how the basketball Bearcats handled Lipscomb, so sort of a tune up for both, but with a big twelve schedule in front of the Bearcats it's going to be a whole bunch of basketball in front of them and Bengals wrapping down. I'm still beweldered about this, and I don't know if you.
Speaker 2: Heard about it.
Speaker 1: We probably have the offensive line being gifted is they often are from quarterbacks. Joe Burrow showing love to those who protect him on that offensive line for the Hoode and apparently decided to go fossil ways. And when they first talked about it, I'm like, oh, watch, it's cool. No fossils is in like dinosaur bones and stuff like that too, which is pretty wild, which we'll get into a little bit later. That's a different kind of gift, and it's pretty amazing when you think about it, just the history of it in the time and everything else, and you just think of what walked the earth and was here, and frankly, we drive and consume even a lot of our heat, it's thanks to dinosaur bones and what was left behind in the pudial ooze, if you will, of what was here before us. Unless all of a sudden the DNA starts working and they start bringing back dinosaurs, be it like Jurassic Park. Well, let's hope that's not necessarily the case. A lot of ground to cover tonight, and we're gonna talk to Sonya Azad had her on the show before. We'll talk on living better and healthier in twenty six, and she certainly has studied a lot of this and it's sort of at peace with herself. It's more than just yoga and eating better and a lot of other stuff. It's in our head. So we'll talk to her about that. In Mighty Wall from space dot Com. Coming up after ten o'clock, we'll talk about the biggest news from twenty twenty five and something you may have heard already to I'm sure you'll hear it during year nine thirty maybe ten o'clock report. Also pretty wild. Apparently Russia has sort of helped to launch some satellites into space for Iran. I don't know exactly what that means, but they are in the Space Game two. So we'll talk to him about that and what to expect in twenty twenty six, whether it's more tourists in space, what it means for technology AI. There's a whole lot of layers to all those things that are out there, and we will get into a little of all of that as well tonight and a lot of other stuff too. One of the things that I think is wild and it's a weird couple of weeks here with Christmas and New Year's falling in the middle of the weeks as it is. And I'll be back on New Year's even for a virtual New Year's celebration, if you will. After Ohio State football and the Cotton Bowl, is they look to go to work and finish off their season in a good way. A lot of people with what do you like the resolutions? I guess, and I have had had a fairly generic one for a while. But I think if you don't say it, if you don't put it out there, perhaps maybe it doesn't seem real. And a lot of people's psychologists and so forth maybe agree. Some of it's it's about, you know, making more money. Some of it's about being closer and doing more with family. Some of it's about getting healthier, whether it's you know, I don't know, drinking less, the sober January kind of say, or dry January deal, which a lot of people are into, whether it's a you know, backing off on drinking or or even if it's not even the whole month of being dry. What they have found and what they say is that effectively, even just a little bit of a break does a ton of good for our bodies and our minds. And I guess the chemistry with that, so that is not even all of it. And this is what I think is wild. And we'll get into this a little bit more so after the news. They have a new study that's come out, and I like research studies and so forth, and they have an new definition for what it's worth of what actually makes us obese or fat. In what they say now is that seventy five percent of us, actually more than seventy five percent of us could very well fall into what they're now calling obesity definition. In the parameters that they set for it, only forty percent of adults currently meeting what is considered to be the be on my obesity level in how we're looked at. So, I mean, you may not think that you're a big fat tabagou, I may not feel that you know that's necessarily the case, but apparently that is where more and more of us are going, which is kind of disturbing. Just the same researchers have bet the Israel Deaconess Medical Center, also Yale, Harvard, the New Haven Health as well, and they say that is not necessarily the only thing, and it underestimates exactly how unhealthy we are. And as a result of that, more of us probably need to eat less and move more, which may or may not be all that surprising to us. But right about now, in the midst of the wrap up of the holiday season, with cookies and a lot of meals and hopefully a lot of good times with friends and family, maybe not looking at the idea of being too heavy, but they say at this point even what they call normal BMI four and ten of us at this point would be considered carrying around excess body fat when they look at our waste measurement, not just the overall fat if you will, or mass index. I'm not sure what a lot of that means, but apparently it's not necessarily good news for our overall well beings. So we'll talk to Sonya Zad about that after your nine thirty report. Straight Away, Jack Cromley knows what's going on around planet Earth. He knows what's happening here in the tri State. He will share that information, disseminating all kinds of it straight away here your nine thirty report after a winning basketball Bearcats night at Fifth Third Arena, and right here on the Big One, dominating Lipscomb in front of them, the Big twelve season is ahead. It's sterling. And for Gary Jeff on seven hundred doub welw how you doing, it's sterling haying out fine Monday night? For Gary Jeff, hope you're doing one fun New Year's around the corner. A lot of people with resolutions, plans to live better, get their mind right, their body right, whatever else goes along with it's someone who knows. I believe it's been a while, probably close to a year or so, maybe more, since we've actually had Sony on the show. Welcome back to seven hundred double you wellw sonya Zod?
Speaker 3: How are you? How's everything?
Speaker 4: Hey?
Speaker 5: Everything is fine. I know you guys like to chat with me ahead of the New Year.
Speaker 1: Apparently it just seemed that way we have because I think everybody sort of has a you know, it's an arbitrary thing because I know my uncle when I was a kid, would always tell me, you know, today's the first day of the rest of your life. I remember being a little goe whatever dude. But it's true you always have a chance to begin again. But the new year is sort of that arbitrary flip the calendar over new start, new beginning. And one of those things is our mind, our body, our soul, and the idea of living better and maybe healthier in twenty twenty six. Is it a problem for people to look at that and have so much pressure? Do you think at a new year's time rather than at another point? I mean, is it doesn't matter? It certainly gets more people interested.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, I mean there's never a problem.
Speaker 5: I think your grandfather's advice is really sound and wise. Every day you could start and choose a different way, different paths.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of people have.
Speaker 5: Kind of jumped on this New year band wagon idea because it does feel for people in the US at least as a clean slate, right, and so they want to start fresh, start new. The problem with going into something like the New Year wanting to make a bunch of sweeping changes is that then you do run the risk of becoming overwhelmed. You're like, I'm gonna exercise every day, and I'm gonna drink a gallon of water, and I'm gonna you know, make all of these changes, and then you burn out in the first two weeks. So I always say, look, you've got to start right now. Actually I'm glad we're talking now, a few days before the new year, and audit, audit your last year, so that you know your starting point. You've got to assess what worked for you in twenty twenty five, what didn't work for you in twenty twenty five, and then what changes do you really want to see in the next year. And you have to come up with a plan for yourself. And truthfully, I don't think that a plan just buy yourself for yourself is as effective as if you were to hire, let's say, a personal trainer or an accountability coach, or even create a vision board or write things down in a journal. Because if you think, oh, I'm gonna do it on my own, I'll figure it out by myself, I'll ask Ai.
Speaker 6: You're gonna lose steam, You're going to lack support.
Speaker 5: But employing people, a community, a supportive you know, coach or an expert will help you to achieve the results that you desire.
Speaker 1: Talking to Sonya sad and she a yogurt expert, a yoga not yogurt.
Speaker 3: Excuse me my speech.
Speaker 1: Maybe you do know a lot about yoga to yogurt too, but as certainly yoga and just in general a better wellness in our lives and so forth, which is a lot what a lot of us are always sort of looking for. And there is something too that is it better not just to write it down in that journal, aside from maybe finding an expert, but to find a buddy. But there is something about writing it down because it makes it real. It's tangible, whether it's a journal or something along those lines or is that overthinking?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, absolutely it is a great idea to journal. It's also a great idea to do a vision board. And I know that people go, oh yeah, let me roll.
Speaker 3: My eyes right like he did. He just rolled his eyes, that's right.
Speaker 6: It sounds so woo woo.
Speaker 5: But a vision board there's actually science behind it because when you are visualizing things, you're calling things into your brain, something that you see, something that you remind yourself of every day. That means that it becomes intentional. It's a gentle nudge to your brain like oh, that's going to help me to set that goal, that's going to help me remember to achieve that goal. It bridges the gap between your imagination and action. So when goals only live in your head, they're really easy to forget or you can override them with those daily distractions that we all have. But when you've got something visual and emotionally charged, it becomes really hard to ignore. And I do want to make this distinction. There is a difference between setting a goal and setting an intention for the new year. So a lot of times when people are creating vision boards, and I lead vision boarding workshops and these are very popular. Setting a goal is like I want to run a marathon. There's an end point, you cross the finish line, you check it off, it's done.
Speaker 6: Setting an intention like.
Speaker 5: Saying fearlessness is going to be my word of the year, or trust or flow or boundaries or rise. Whatever the intention is, is how you want to show up every day. So it sounds like it's a bit more broad, but that's kind of the point. I'll give you an example. My word for this year twenty twenty five was co create. I'm going to try to find opportunities to create workshops or retreats or whatever, partner with people who I want to work with, like because it's more fun than just working by yourself. So I've come up with a lot of different ways to infuse that word, my word for twenty twenty five co creation into the whole year. So it's less about doing one thing and finishing it and more about how do I want this year to feel for me? But visualization absolutely makes it real.
Speaker 1: Talking to Sonya A Zod the website Sonia Azod dot com, Stirling seven hundred WLW, so you mentioned the word or that term to sort of think about it, and you also mentioned that about the co create thing for twenty five, which is what you were using, Sonia. What I find interesting is it is almost like having seeking out and putting a plan together, in part for finding a partner, someone to you know, just help push you or you push them. The collaboration or other whether it's your you know, significant other, or whether it's a business endeavor, or it's as simple maybe even what is going to the gym and trying to get healthier or something along those lines.
Speaker 6: Sure it could be whatever you want.
Speaker 5: I mean, if someone feels like they want fearlessness in their lives this year because they've been scared to try new things or maybe they feel.
Speaker 6: Like they've failed or they.
Speaker 5: Didn't have that support, they lacked enthusiasm from a partner or spouse. Then you know, step into something new, right and this is it is a really good year for that. Twenty twenty six, the numerologists say, is a year of new beginnings. Twenty twenty five was kind of a year of completion. And so even the people who are into the Chinese or lunar calendar, they're going to be celebrating Year of the Horse. And so we're closing out the Year of the Snake, which represents symbolically kind of a shedding, a culmination, and the Year of the Horse is really about empowerment and action and motivation. And so if that resonates with any of your listeners, you know, I encourage you to look into it a little bit more and to find support. I mean, I teach Zoom classes on and these are just three classes a week, thirty minutes each time, so you think thirty minutes, oh, like, what can I get done? But the first question I ask people in the mornings is what do you desire from this day? And that's a really really important question because usually we just what our alarms go on off, we scroll a little bit, we step out of bed, and we just move. We're like throwing our bodies through our day without really thinking what do I want out of this day? Not just what does this day require for me? And so these people carve out thirty minutes at the start of their day to really you use the right word, map out or create a blueprint. And that means that you are showing up throughout the day and for everybody who you're going to interact with differently by just setting aside some time at the very beginning for you.
Speaker 6: And that's what I call me mode.
Speaker 5: It's like you put your phone on airplane mode or you're turning yourself off of autopilot and you're coming into me mode for just a few minutes, gather yourself, consider what you need out of the day, and then move on.
Speaker 1: So effectively, you're basically just simply saying starting a plan. And what you're describing also is what I hear from tons of people is I interview them on the show or podcast or just in general in life that I interact with. Most people who are successful get up. They're up a few hours before they have to do what they need to do for their business during the day if they have it, they're taking care of themselves. They're exercising, and they're doing these different things that help wake them up and also motivate them as they plan and work out their day. It seems like mapping that out just in general is a successful thing for a business, a corporation, or all of us individually, because we all our own businesses as well, including our health.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, one hundred percent. I mean, and you're hearing more and more.
Speaker 5: Of some of these super high achievers saying no phones for the first hour of the day, or no.
Speaker 6: Phones till noon. I mean.
Speaker 5: I do wake up every morning between about five point thirty and six to meditate myself and to kind of do my morning ritual. Morning is the sweetest time of the day because it's the least interrupted time of day, at least for most of us. We can get more done for ourselves first. And it is again like the old saying goes right, you put the oxygen mask on yourself and then you can tend to everyone else. The problem is that in America we have gotten into a bad habit of just waking up and our eyeballs are in those phones and we're responding to emails and just boom boom boom boom boom, putting out everybody else's fires. But this idea of me mode is really about aligning with you, yourself, your mind. But it takes self awareness to do that. And okay, so you might be like, well, why do we care about becoming more self aware? Or how do we become more self aware? That includes reflection, right, And that's also you giving yourself permission to pause, like I'm going to allow myself to start my day with me because the day is not possible for me without me, right, and I'm going to move on. What happens when we're more self aware, we have clarity and then we have a responsibility to practice like mindful decision making throughout the day. You're not going to be a jerk the more self aware you are, and this is also where you build self trust, and then that comes with redefining freedom and success and then finally a more aligned life rooted in choice rather than obligation or being.
Speaker 1: Performative interesting, and I am always with me. I'd like to get away from me sometimes, but maybe that's another part of meditation or something along those lines. Sonya dash is zod dot com the website talking to Sonya Zod living better and healthier in twenty six that's the goal with Stirling seven hundred WLW. Is it easier now because there are more tools You talk about putting the phone down to technology and we are immersed in it and at this point you've got a generation of those under us that were effectively born with a device in and so forth. But with all these bits of resources that are out there, in one hand, it's easier to maybe find that path to getting the information that we need to take better care of ourselves to get to the next level to help those around us. But I hear more and more people complaining that all these same elements that I just mentioned, as far as tools and opportunity to improve ourselves, our business, our lives are also a detriment in what that distraction is. So but that is also a choice that we make and how we go about utilizing these elements.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, it is all about choice, right, Like so many people think they have no choice and they're like a prisoner to their minds and a prisoner to the habits and the patterns.
Speaker 6: Of their bodies.
Speaker 5: Like oh well, I have to sit here, Okay, Well when do you not have to sit there?
Speaker 6: Or I have to be on the phone? Okay, well when do you not have to be on the phone? And what choices are you making to not be on the phone.
Speaker 5: So I think what you're saying is absolutely true and it is also about balance, right, because yeah.
Speaker 6: I just mentioned I mean I teach zoom classes so that I'm all.
Speaker 5: Over the world teaching people remotely. For instance. We use screens for that, But it's how you use the screens and then how you balance it when you're not needing to use them that's really important to look at. And in your spare time, I'm using air quotes here, spare time, your free time, are you just binging out vegging out every day or are you using some of that time Wisely, one of my goals right now is to practice French every day.
Speaker 6: So I use an.
Speaker 5: App and I'm on my phone, but that's how I'm choosing to spend time as opposed to like doom scrolling. So I see it as a better use of time. Even though I'm using technology and I'm not I am not afraid of biohacking either, so I know there's some people who are really into it, some who are not. I think it's it's great if you can use tech anology to make your life better, go for it.
Speaker 1: I'm talking to Sonya Azad. She's an Emmy winning health journalist. She's a wellness educator. I feel educator in and wellness already, and she helps the overwhelmed and over committed reclaim their time, in other words, take their lives back, which I think most of us need to do in some fashion. Some of this is related to resolutions in the New Year, which is why we had you on, Sonya. But I'm kind of curious because I've heard people go, oh, I think resolutions are dangerous.
Speaker 3: I don't like them.
Speaker 1: I feel bad after the first month of trying to go to the gym it's not working out, And then I have a lot of self hate issues. And I hear that said in a whole bunch of different ways by people all the time. So what do you say to someone who you know, maybe they don't want to use the term resolution or new beginning in the new year, But what can you say to someone who's in that window that I just described?
Speaker 5: Yeah, sure, Like look, I think anchoring through a word, which is what we talked about, that's going to resonate with you is more important than the word resolution. And if you don't want to go to the gym every day, then that should not be your resolution, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: So, like, do something that is going to not just.
Speaker 5: Performatively impact your life, like because you think you should do it. I usually say, like, stop shoulting all over yourself.
Speaker 6: But what is it.
Speaker 5: That What is it that the gym is going to do that you think will make your life better?
Speaker 6: Is it going to give you more energy?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 6: What else could give you more energy?
Speaker 5: Maybe it's actually plugging into nature outside a little nature hit, or what if speaking to an old friend who gives you energy it's going to energize you, right, So you have to think about the why behind the what.
Speaker 6: It is that you're doing.
Speaker 5: And then also I think one of the biggest mistakes or most common mistakes I see people make at the beginning of the year for resolutions is that they're trying to pile on so much new stuff. Instead, maybe you think about taking something away. If you're like, oh, I've already you know, taken away everything. I'm not drinking you know, dry January and I'm not eating red meat and I'm not doing this, and I'm not doing that. Then add something, add a meditation at right. So it's got to be customized. And this is why I go back to the idea of working with a professional or an expert, because it is overwhelming to try to do it yourself, and especially if you want it to last this time. It absolutely can because I've seen people, and I've worked with people who now have lost seventy pounds or forty pounds. They're journaling every day, they're meditating, their relationships are stronger with their children and with their spouses, they're out hiking in nature. They're like, oh my gosh, who am I? And these are not twenty or thirty year olds. These are people in their fifties sixties. Like you think your brain cannot change in older life, it absolutely can. What it takes is consistency, discipline, patience, and time. And now we're circling back to again that same idea of well, how does meditation help? Like, what does meditation have to do with all this? It's these little moments of nervous system resets that triggers the parasympathetic response. So you're in rest and digest Physiologically, your heart rate is lowered, your muscles unclench, your cortisol, that stress hormone decreases, oxygen increases, and we're shifting your brain wave state from beta to theta so that alertness that stress to Okay, I can relax, I'm safe.
Speaker 6: So doing that.
Speaker 5: Over and over and over and over again is what creates the patterns and the habits and the neuroplasticity, the changes in the brain to go, oh, you know what, I am going to pick up that apple and I'm not going to pick up the Twizzlers or whatever. If again, if that's where you're going with it, doesn't have to be.
Speaker 1: I like my twizzlers and the red vines, but that's a whole nother story, and they're not the same. There is a difference, no matter what anybody tells you. Sonia Azad is a great talking to you. I appreciate you bringing it, and I hope you have a fantastic new year. I don't understand half of what you're saying, but I feel good about it. I know the website's a great resource. Will lean on you in the future, at least I'm honest. I'm just telling you Beta Alf for the theta, I don't even know, but either way, I feel good. Sonia dash Azod dot com. I'll put it up on my ex at Sterling Radio too. Thank you so much for doing what you do. I hope you have a great New Year and we'll have you back sometime soon.
Speaker 6: You're welcome, Happy new year.
Speaker 3: Take care of yourself.
Speaker 1: I know you're in Mexico, so thank you for making time if taking a break from your your getaway kind of scenario down south while we are up here. Have you win and winning? Yeah, I soak up the warm. Thank you, take care of yourself. As Sonya z Od more Sterling coming back ten o'clock reports straight away. Also Jack Crumley has it and on the other side, Mike d Wallspace dot com coming up home of the best Bengals coverage. They did it yesterday, they looked to do it again Sunday against the Browns and a winning basketball bear catch team headed to Big twelve season time after a win over Lipscomb earlier right here at Sterling for Gary Jeff seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 3: Glad you're along.
Speaker 1: It's a fine Monday night Sterling, seven hundred WLW. Mike Wall, Ohio guy space dot Com out west in the bar area. Spaceflight Tech Channel editor, Welcome back to seven hundred WLW. Michael, How are you? How's everything? How are the holidays for the family?
Speaker 7: Wall good Man.
Speaker 8: I just went to Alabama to visit my sister and her kids, and like, my folks are here too, and so yeah, just just doing doing a family style for the holidays, like a lot.
Speaker 9: Of people are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, family style is the good way to do it. I've done it solo. I know, I've been isolated with work and unable to go anywhere, and I like it better with family and friends, for sure. So I'm glad you got to enjoy that. I appreciate you making time if we can before we look fully back at twenty five and start looking at twenty six with the new year just a couple of days away. Mike, I'm kind of curious because I heard this earlier in the news and I was somewhat I don't know why I was surprised. I guess it makes sense, but apparently Iran had three different satellites that were jettisoned or sent up to space with the help of Russia on a rocket of theirs. What do we know about that? How often does that type of thing happen? I'm guessing since they don't use the International Space Station or SpaceX, they got to get their gear up there somehow.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not sure about particular launch, but it isn't that uncommon for a country that doesn't have like great kind of homegrown launch scrupability. Like actually Iran does have orbital rockets, but they're not like all that great they They're success rate is not that great compared to like the US or China, Russia. So when you have a situation like that and you can can sign up to put your satellites on in other country's rocket, and you know it's part of the space kind of the space industry ecosystem, you know, where you pay somebody to send your satellites up, and you know they're a pria state. But Russia is kind of a pria state too, so they can do business with each other.
Speaker 1: I guess it's kind of odd because as much as Russia on one hand has talked about as our enemy, we certainly with the International Space Station a lot of other ways we are engaged with them in some fashion. I guess that's healthy. Maybe there's a reason for that, it's maybe safer. I'm not really sure how that plays out or why do you know the psychology behind that or the business of that, because China is not a part of the stuff that we do, and they are certainly a big power of their own and they're in the space game too.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean, I would guess that.
Speaker 8: Russia, I mean, ever since the invasion of Ukraine in twenty twenty two, I think that they've been hurting for money.
Speaker 7: Coming into their space sector.
Speaker 8: You know, they've had to use so many resources for the world or and they've lost a lot of partnerships in this space world because of the invasion, the ongoing war, so they just haven't had as many contracts. Their contracts have been severed and pulled. So I guess they want to keep their rockets flying and keep money coming into their their space business. They're kind of they're kind of having to look farther afield. You know, they aren't working with the European Space Agency on some big, big certain projects that they that they were like before the invasion. You know, a lot of those those contracts got pulled because of the invasion, so they're trying to make that money up.
Speaker 7: I'm I'm just speculating.
Speaker 8: You know, I don't have any inside information about that.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean hanging out with the Russians and the Iranians. I totally I understand. It's the holiday. You've been in Alabama with family. I totally get it. Stirly talking to mikey Wall from space dot com something that I was amazed about, and we didn't talk last week. Uh, but the pictures were spectacular and there you know, there were all these talks about the litigation. Aircraft were apparently directed away from certain types of airspace or certain spots when there was some debris coming down from lower Earth orbit stuff. I guess SpaceX related. But then I see a story that you published talking about twelve different times in the last year, effectively where rockets and space craft have actually crashed and burned up, whether by accident, delivered in tent or natural. I guess attrition by the nature of orbit and how it works.
Speaker 3: Is that a lot? Twelve times helped me understand?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I don't think it's a lot. It's just because there's a lot more activity now than there used to be. There's a lot more stuff going up, and more and more countries and more companies are getting bolder and trying to do stuff, you know, and space is hard, and sometimes we try something hard it doesn't work, you know, some of the like we yeah, I think what you're talking about as our sort of failures of twenty twenty five story. But sure, I mean some of those, you know, we like, we saw some private companies tribe but fail to land on the Moon, and that's sort of yes, it's a failure as a private company gets it it's moonlander to lunar orbit and doesn't kind of finish it off at the soft landing a successful soft landing, But it's pretty cool that they made it to lunar orbit and that they built the thing in the first place, and that they got it that far, you know, where it failed at the very last possible moment. So I think part of it is, Yeah, there's just a lot more happening and there's a lot more players in the space business than there used to be, so we're going to see more stuff going up and you'll see more stuff failing as a result. But yeah, they're like there's always like the sort of standard you know, like you know, there are a few rockets that blow up, that fail on the way up to orbit, and that's just part of the space business.
Speaker 7: You know, it's just hard.
Speaker 8: There's like thousands of different parts to rocket, millions of parts basically, and thousands of things that can go wrong, and like most of the time everything goes right, but if one thing goes wrong, the thing's done.
Speaker 7: And that's what we see every year.
Speaker 1: We kind of I mean as a kid growing up, and we've talked about this before. I mean, we saw the Space Shuttle, you know, in the eighties and into the nineties, and I mean it was seemingly going up almost weekly, which is maybe an exaggeration. It kind of seems that way now with SpaceX and everything else. But there are private endeavors now that are a part of it too that you just mentioned that we've talked about. So, I mean, at this point, are the nation states who were involved, Like I know, we talked about Russia. We know that we're the United States. We've been in it for the long haul. China's in it, India is in it. Japan has some stuff. I don't know if they go up on their own or if it's just related to space station stuff South Korea, and I did not know this, and I did a little research before I was prepared to talk to you, believe it or not. I know, you're like shocking, but the UAE, the United Arab Emirates as well. Are there any other countries that are actually out there involved in it as a nation itself? Because I know there are a whole lot of different businesses that may be under different flags, but the private business is huge too.
Speaker 10: Yeah, there are a lot of there are a lot of countries that are are that have kind of orbital launch capability, but so they're even more that are that are trying to get there, you know, like and they're they're they're increasingly private companies that are trying to do that.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: One of the crash and burn stories just happened like like.
Speaker 7: A week or so ago.
Speaker 8: This yeah, yeah, this, like South Green Company into Space tried to launch their first orbital rocket and it failed about a minute after liftoff. And that's not at all surprising.
Speaker 7: You know.
Speaker 8: Most of the time, like the first flight of a rocket doesn't go well because it takes time to work the kinks out and like really figure out what you're doing so, and yeah, that's really what we've seen a lot, I think in the last ten years. I think the two main kind of kind of takeaways of the last ten years the rise of China getting more ambitious and more more accomplished in space, and the rise of sort of private companies. And it's it's like not just space like you know, space like is the most obvious example. They launched like one hundred and sixty six orbital missions this year or something like that. It's just out of control. It's almost one every other day. But there are other companies too that are trying to do it, and like not just in the US, they're around the world. So yeah, it's it's it is changing. We've seen a lot of stuff happening, and that's on't make an next cleerate going forward.
Speaker 3: Talking to Mike D.
Speaker 1: Wall from space dot Com at Stirling seven hundred WLW in twenty six, if we look ahead and maybe there's something in twenty five that I didn't give you a chance to sort of sound off on, but looking ahead and anything else you want to bring, what should we expect Because we talked about the militarization of space more so we know obviously Space Force does their stuff. We've talked about, you know, these orbiters or these ships that have been up there unmanned, that we're up there for an extended period of time previously that we don't know a lot about. We know it was sort of military related, and we really don't necessarily know. Maybe our CIA does, maybe Space Force whatever about what the Russians or other nation states are doing too. But there's a lot going on on a regular basis. What in the next six months or a year should we be aware of, aside from maybe the Aliens saying hello.
Speaker 8: Yeah, no that that's that's that's always something to keep thinking about. And maybe a y Is will contact us this year. I mean, it hasn't happened yet, but there's the first time for everything. But like, I think that the the the kind of two biggest things about twenty twenty six, and there's a lot obviously people have different opinions, but you know, like one is going to be Artemis two, which is the first crude mission around the Moon or to the area of the Moon since the Apollo days. So that's a NASA mission. It's the first kind of astronaut mission of the Artemist program, which aims to take astnauts back to the Moon and to set up the moon base near the South Pole. And so that's that could lift off as as early as February fifth, I believe, And it's it's like it's not going to put asnats on.
Speaker 7: The Moon or even in the lunar orbit.
Speaker 8: They're going to loop around the Moon and come back, but it's sort of like a shakeout cruise of the hardware that we that we need to like go and build like a lunar base and stuff like that, which the Artemist, which the Utemous program wants to do. So that's that's a big deal, and it's it's coming up, I don't know theoretically in the like in the next kind of month or so.
Speaker 7: Which is crazy.
Speaker 8: And the other thing I think is the kind of continued development of SpaceX, the Starship Mega rocket, the Giant Mars rocket that they've been working on for a while now and have flown like eleven test flights of including five test flights this past year, So there's an outside Chancey and Muscus said that they might even try to launch like the first kind kind of robotic missions to Mars with Starship this come in the fall of twenty twenty six. I think that's probably too ambitious, but it's a possibility if everything goes well with test flights and they have a lot of work left to do. They still need to get the thing to Earth orbit. It hasn't been to orbit yet. They need to do things like they've got to do kind of fuel transfer in space, because when you get these things up to Earth orbit, you have to refuel them the giant Starship spacecraft part of the Starship rocket then and send it on to the Moon or Tomorrow's you have to do that with with orbital refueling, and they need to do that, so that there's a lot of things they have to do. But we're going to see them try to do a lot of that stuff this coming year. So that'll be really interesting too to see how far they can get Starship development in the next.
Speaker 7: Twelve months or so.
Speaker 1: Mikedywallfromspace dot Com was stirling on seven hundred WLW. Now, when they do the refueling, I mean we're not talking about people actually doing it, say like when the Air Force refuels you know fighter jets or you know bombers, is they're going, you know, on the other side of the Earth or something, are we and those are man flights, But I know that there's autonomous landing of regular aircraft. One just happened, you know here on Tara Firma the last week or so, which I thought was pretty wild and it was a pretty important life saving kind of endeavor there. But with space stuff, how much of this is going to be at the hand of someone in a joystick or a steering wheel or whatever it is that a pilot uses compared to just sort of autonomously coordinate and the computer doing the work is somebody is you know, buckled up and hoping that everything goes right to get where they're going.
Speaker 8: Yeah, all the refueling stuff will be that'll be like autonomous. You know, they're not going to need somebody directing things. It's going to be well, like I don't know they're they're like, well'll like need to be people on board the starship to do that. You know, it might be by people directing it from the ground, but it's an uncrewed spacecraft and all of that stuff will be done without people on board.
Speaker 7: It doesn't need to have people on board.
Speaker 8: Because the Yeah, the overall vision for SpaceX eventually is to have starship take people to Mars. But yeah, you don't need people on board to do refueling, and it's the like refueling thing. It's it's it's a pretty big deal because you're probably going to.
Speaker 7: Need like like.
Speaker 8: Like they've never said exactly how many refueling trips to that, like you're going to need to go to deep space of these things, but it could be around ten. So for every mission that you launched through the Moon or to Mars, you might need to launch like eleven starship to do the refueling to fuel up like the one that's going far Afield. So that's why when SpaceX talks about needing to launch lots of these things and to have them just flying off the pad all the time, part of that's because you're going to need to launch a bunch just to fuel up, like the ones that are going to Mars or to the Moon. So it is it's really something that we haven't seen before that that strategy and that ambition, just like how many kind of starships are going to need to be to be going to orbit to make this vision come true.
Speaker 1: That's an amazing undertaking. I mean, it's effectively what you're describing as a relay race, except as these monster sized rockets that will be going a little bit further each time on that journey so that they can refuel that thing and let it get where it's going. That I mean that there are a lot of different areas for somebody to effectively drop the proverbial baton that. That's I mean, that's a lot of science and a lot of luck, or maybe just by the design, right, I mean, I just see a whole lot of possibilities of things going south.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's like it is. It is a complicated design.
Speaker 8: You know, they'll they'll be like, so yeah, you'll like launch the moon bound starship.
Speaker 7: Say that it's a two stage vehicle.
Speaker 8: You know, each starship has a giant first stage booster called super heavy and an upper stage spacecraft which they.
Speaker 7: Call starship or just ship.
Speaker 8: So how it'll work is, you know, like you'll launch, You'll launch ship like like a board super heavy. The super Heavy will come back down to the grounds and land and be reused whatever that. The ship will say stay in Earth orbit and it will meet up up there. There'll be like say they launched ten missions to Earth orbit kind of sequentially with with other ships and other super heavies. And so you'll send these tanker craft to meet up with this one moon bound ship.
Speaker 7: It's not going to be like going to the Moon yet. It won't do that.
Speaker 8: Till it's already been refueled by these like ten tanker missions, until its tank is totally full, which it will be in our orbit. It's not going to start that trip to the moon yet until it's been like until its tanks have been topped up with these tanker missions, and then it'll go. So, yeah, they're necessarily going to be going farther and then have to meet up with another one that they get farther along.
Speaker 7: They're they're going to have to kind of sit.
Speaker 8: Tight in our orbit until they get enough fuel from all these tankermissions.
Speaker 7: It is yeah, it is crazy.
Speaker 8: We I mean a crazy meaning kind of wild and something we haven't seen before.
Speaker 7: It's not actually crazy. The space is very good at these things.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's amazing the work, but it's just just a major undertaking in the plane and that goes into it. And that makes more sense what you described than what I was envisioning at first, so that you know, it's just because I'm not real bright.
Speaker 3: Sometimes it's all right, No, it.
Speaker 8: Is something that we haven't seen before, this kind of strategy, So it's it isn't weird to not have a full picture of it in your head yet.
Speaker 1: Well, anything else in twenty six you expect, or maybe that wild card thing that we might be surprised by to expect in twenty six.
Speaker 2: Or what, Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 8: I mean, I think that stuff with the Starship, if they do manage to do orbital flights with Starship and refuel, if they demonstrate that. The kind of most ambitious, most exciting outcome is maybe when the like when the window to launch a Mars mission opens up in like October November, because Earth and Mars are the only line up for Mars launches for our spacecraft like every twenty six months, and next time that'll happen is the fall of twenty six. There's an outside chance that we could see like Starship missions to Mars this year, which would be really crazy.
Speaker 7: I wouldn't hold my breath on that.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, that's that's that's possible.
Speaker 1: That's the amazing And then maybe then the you know, the Martians go, hey, wait a minute, we've been waiting for you, and that could really get weird.
Speaker 3: But you know it'll be a one.
Speaker 8: Well, I could get weird in lots of ways too. I mean a lot of scientists are not happy about this because we're going to send it. I mean, if we send starships there, like a fleet of them, maybe six or eight of them, and they're so big that they like they can't be kind of sterilized and the like the way that like Mars Rover gets sterilized by NASA before it launches.
Speaker 7: So anything we sent there.
Speaker 8: From spacelex is probably going to be carrying a bunch of microbes and they'll get down on Mars and it'll make it harder for scientists to determine if if there is life on Mars, whether it's indigenous life that evolved on Mars or whether we took it with us on our spaceships. It's going to be there are a lot of people who are upset about this, about how kind of private missions to Mars, colonization, all this stuff that's going to make it really hard to figure out what's going on with the search family in life.
Speaker 7: If if like if life did evolve more than once.
Speaker 8: If yeah, I mean if we find microbes on Mars, like are they Martian microbes?
Speaker 7: Did or did we bring them?
Speaker 11: See?
Speaker 1: Yeah, these are huge questions to ponder. And then the question is maybe there's something there that we don't even understand yet. And then it gets mad because we brought our you know, it didn't wipe our shoes that they on the mat at the door. I mean, it was just effectively what you're talking about it and then who knows what they send back?
Speaker 3: I mean, who knows.
Speaker 1: It's always great to talk to you, and it makes my head hurt often, you know, thinking about the possibilities ahead. But I appreciate what you do and it's a great resource and good reading, all always videos and all kinds of other stuff there too.
Speaker 3: Space dot Com.
Speaker 1: Michael Wall, thank you so much for doing what you do, and I hope you have a fantastic in new year. Happy new Year, take care of yourself, more sterling coming back. You can find out more Space dot com straight away. You got your ten thirty report. A lot of other ground to cover, including your best and worst for twenty five and what you expect in twenty six. It's a Monday Sterling for Gary Jeff on seven hundred WLW. Hey, how you doing at Sterling? Hanging out fine Monday night, seven hundreds W. James Rapine Allbengals dot Com, Lockdown Bengal. He's everywhere. I heard him here, James. First of all, thank you for making time. I know it's been a crazy long couple of days. Sunday Bengals all over the Cardinals. It's who we expected and what we expected of the Bengals all season, but Joe's toe injuries and a lot of other stuff sort of plays into what has been almost a It hasn't been a lost season, I guess, but it is definitely a frustrating kind of situation. But we have seen some development of guys, hopefully who will even be better next year.
Speaker 12: Yes, it's me Helpstow, and I think that's the positive so far, if you want to take a positive out of the past few games. I'm not sure I've learned anything on the offensive side, right, And I get it meaningless and all of those things, but these nuts do matter to Miles Murphy.
Speaker 4: You know, he's in his third.
Speaker 12: Season and former first round pick, and he continues to play the best football of his NFL career. These snuts do matter to Dax Hill, who, like Murphy, is showing that he probably should have been utilized much sooner in his tenure. And they're utilized in a different way. And DJ Turner has come on, and so those are three building blocks. And I'm tough in saying that that those are blocks because they flash mid year and you're like, okay, well will that continue. Well, Dax has been one of the best corners in football over the past five to six weeks. DJ Turner has been really steady in a high level foreigner guarding the best receiver on the other team for more than two months.
Speaker 2: And then you have a.
Speaker 12: Guy Miles Murphy who just seems to make two to three splash plays a game, tackles for lost sacks, big plays, big disruptions. And so all three of those guys I think have developed this season, but really over the past few months to be key pieces of a defense that's taken plenty of criticism.
Speaker 1: Talking to James Rapeenie's the guy behind the book and entered the jungle, and it's not, by the way, an audible book as of yet. And let me before we continue, because I agree with everything you said, and even if I didn't, I would tell you I'm not here to suck up. But I feel bad about this, and let me just say for a week it has weighed on me heavily. And I heard you, I don't know if it was Christmas Eve or whatever, you ruin sports talking for Lance and I was going to reach out and you were like, you could voice some for me if you want to, you know, And I was like no, and I glossed over it, and then I felt like a jerk because it made it was it was like a pressure and maybe uncomfortable. And you have been here for me in every way and I have seen you develop and grow, which sounds weird, but it's true and it's been awesome. And let me just tell you I would do anything I can do to help you in any way possible if you ever need me.
Speaker 3: And you asked me, but and I did.
Speaker 1: And like the back of my mind, I'm with family and like eating like tons of food and hanging out and I'm like thinking, man, I hope you didn't take me seriously when I was like somehow not being like decent and nice. And so let me just take a deep breath and recalibrate and just let you know. I felt bad.
Speaker 12: I totally had forgot about that. I'm pretty sure that was when I was doing laughs at Miami Airport.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 3: That's correct.
Speaker 1: You may or may not have been drinking for the flight home, because I mentioned that to you as well, and you were like, oh, I didn't realize that was a bad idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I did not drink on the way home, not because of you doing that.
Speaker 2: I just on the way to a trip. It feels much different than going home.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 12: You almost have to be dialed in going home, right, Yeah, you're like dialed in.
Speaker 2: Like all right, what do I need to do?
Speaker 9: Where?
Speaker 12: So all of those things all right, I got to get this shuttle and yeah, so much much different.
Speaker 2: Than the than the going there.
Speaker 4: But no, I actually didn't think about it at all.
Speaker 2: I didn't take anything of it because I was joking.
Speaker 1: And then immediately I had had I recoiled and I was ashamed and I felt bad and I was I was self loathing and I was like, oh my god, he's going to take me serious, Like I wasn't going to be there.
Speaker 3: But I'm always here for you if you ever need anything.
Speaker 2: So well, I'll tell you this.
Speaker 12: The second edition of the End of the Jungle comes out when the Bengals win the Super Bowl. Yes, and so they better figure it out so I can get the writing, because right, I don't want to do too many more seasons. I chronicled from nineteen sixty eight to twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: I don't want to keep I have eight more seasons to do.
Speaker 12: I was hoping it would be one or two more seasons with the Super Bowl in there, and that obviously hasn't been the case.
Speaker 3: Well, let's hope that that's the case.
Speaker 1: I would like to help with that, but at my size, even if I were a younger man in my twenties, I would not be able to help. Though I could be maybe a kicker or a wide receiver if no one, if everyone promised not to hit me.
Speaker 3: But that's that's not.
Speaker 2: Maybe the coach that the Bengals need to start with.
Speaker 1: Maybe maybe, maybe not. I'd rather just be be a fact.
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 1: I can't just throw more deep passes and either get the reception or get the flag. That's all they need to do. There, you go, Yeah, all right, So let's get back to Bengals, because that's what matters. There's one more week to go. We have seen this defense seemingly get better over this last few weeks. Now how much of that is the competition being what it has been and how much of it has been the duration of this defense and them finding themselves as we looked to a Browns team coming down seventy one to pay corpse Sunday afternoon at one o'clock.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think, man, this this matchup to me is so interesting because on one hand, a big part of me Sterling says, you know what you've showcased, what your offense is. You can still play those defensive players that need to develop and those offensive players that need to develop. But Joe jamar Key, you know what those guys are. You know what Mike is sick, he is. All of these guys have dealt with different injuries this year to just get out of town. Don't deal with this physical AFC North battle, because they did that last year and obviously they were in it last year down to the wire and they had to play that game in Pittsburgh like it was a win and get in type of game even though they needed help. But they were beat up after that game.
Speaker 4: Like I know for a fact, like it goes and got lost in the.
Speaker 12: Shuffle with Lou and a rumo and the coaching changes and all of those things. But like there were guys limping around after that game, like prominent guys. I'm not going to name names, but you could probably guess.
Speaker 2: I don't want that.
Speaker 12: After this game against the Browns, here's the butt, and there's a big butt coming. How nice would it be if this offense sliced and diced a Cleveland defense that has had their number, had the Bengals number for a significant part, I would say, of the Joe Burrow era, and really made life hard on this Bengals offense. So it's a delicate balance. Obviously, they've already made the decision. They're going to line up and play and treat it like a must win game to get the seven and ten and go out on the right note, which historically the Bengals have done a lot long before that. Taylor, Joe Burrow or Jamar Chase. We're in the building, yep, and they're going to try to do it again on Sunday.
Speaker 1: We'll see how it goes. James Rapine, Bengals talk dot Com. You got a Cincinnati Bengals talk on the YouTube, you got the Inner Jungle Book. He's locked on Bengals, is all over the place. You're hear him here doing shows. It's unbelievable. And occasionally he just like flies around the country and does whatever else. We talked about Chase Brown in the in between and over the last half of the season. How geeked up I have been to see him seemingly go to the next level and what a tandem between p Ryan and Brown, whether it's those in between receptions or those running yards, it is astounding. For the size of Chase Brown, Am I crazy to say? For his size, it is shocking that he's able to get the yardage he is on the ground.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I think he's he's a very unique player because he's he's shorter than me. I'm five nine, so he's shorter than me. I would say, maybe he would disagree, but I would leave that way. And I don't lie about my height, right, you know, I don't round up like I'm a solid five notch.
Speaker 3: A lot do guys do that? Why do guys do that?
Speaker 1: By the way, I mean, seriously, it's not the only thing go, yeah, I'm six two.
Speaker 3: No, you're not, you're five ten whoever it is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't know, you know, it's uh yeah, why would you last?
Speaker 9: You are?
Speaker 2: You are?
Speaker 3: Your record? That is what it is.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, you're six and ten. All right, you're not making the playoffs, right, you know you're not six ten, you're six and ten. So I uh, I think Chase is he's had that that stature and that strength and the ability to run between the tackles dating back to college, and it's something that that he.
Speaker 2: Did at Illinois.
Speaker 12: He had three hundred and twenty eight carries in his final year at Illinois. And the thing that he's done really well is one learn to navigate that and still be that guy and he can run between the tackles. But the thing that he's really developed and from year one to year three has taken the biggest leap. And you saw it yesterday he had three catches for forty yards. He can line up in the slot, he can line up in the backfield with Samaj p Ryan and he is a threat to catch and run and be explosive and be that guy with the ball in his hands. And that's really hard to find. Like right now, Monday Night Football is on. Jon Robinson is such a freak and he's putting on a show for the Falcons. Well, Chase Brown isn't that, But the Bengals got him in the fifth round like he's a steal.
Speaker 2: He's one of the best picks they've had in a long long time.
Speaker 12: In Jamar Chase and t Higgins they get a ton of run, but Chase Brown literally to get plenty of run as well because he is a really high end player and one of the.
Speaker 2: Better backs in the NFL.
Speaker 12: Which if you would have said that when they drafted him in the fifth round, I'm not sure anyone would have would have believed it, But that is the reality.
Speaker 1: Talking to James Rapine locked on Bengals Sterling seven hundred WLW. Now, wouldn't it be interesting if the Bengals could find a way to get some defensive picks that developed the way we have seen Chase Brown because they have had top pick after top pick after top pick. Even though we've seen the defense gel a little bit, they have not had the same type of development that we have seen. And the thing about Brown that in the running game, right, and we've talked about this over this year more than once.
Speaker 3: James is that.
Speaker 1: They don't need and because the off offense has built the way it is the fact that he has carved out a niche to be able to do that with p Ryan also in a tandem in some situations. It's a pretty neat balance to what this offense can do. Is it just looks to surgically decimate defenses around the NFL when they're healthy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the beauty of this offense right now.
Speaker 12: If they have an elite quarterback and they can do the Joe Burrow makes the reads and places and dice is his way. But if they need to run the ball, they can't. And they've shown that with some a JP Ry and Chase Brown and they were able to. They've done the quarterback sneak thing, and they've gone with the big the big bodies, and they did that on the goal line yesterday and we.
Speaker 4: Haven't seen that consistently. And the other thing is is.
Speaker 2: How versatile their tight ends are.
Speaker 12: No a fan really compliments what Mike get Sicki does well and what Tanner Hudson does well. And I'm hoping Eric all local kid, I'm hoping he continues to recover because part of me is wondering, like, oh man, how would Eric Hall and no a fan fare together if the Bengals were to resign no offense this offseason. I'm not sure they will, but if they did. But but yeah, they're really multiple on offense. I mean, I said all this stuff, and I think andre Yoseabash has been pretty steady overall.
Speaker 7: Get it.
Speaker 12: He's had a few drops, but when called upon, he had a big catch yesterday. Mike GASICKI had a couple of big catches yep, right, yeah, in their their big plays, corny yard plays that go for first downs like those are huge plays in the difference between like a lot of teams have star players, the difference between getting that first down and then ended up scoring on three straight drives and taking control of the game is having those type of.
Speaker 2: Players, those role players. So manj p.
Speaker 12: Ryan is stepping up and making a huge block in pass protection, which gives Joe Burrow enough time to make a big play a big throwdown field like those are the type of plays that that they have on offense. And you see it coming together a little bit on defense, but it certainly isn't.
Speaker 1: There yet now we're short on time, and you've been generous with it today and I know you were up early doing what you got to do. And that was after a long Sunday cover in Bengals as well talking to James Rapine Cincinnati Bengals talk on you Tube look for him there and moving picture form and speaking as well, Lockdown Bengals and Enter the Jungle, the Book, and so forth. In short order, what does this team look like in twenty six and what do they need to do, aside from health to be where we expect them to be and what they hope to be. Is this window of hopefully postseason opportunities and playoff stuff is still with the talent that they have, the way they.
Speaker 12: Are, yeah, they they're not going to make coaching changes, right, So that's the first thing.
Speaker 2: Like Zach isn't getting fired.
Speaker 12: I know people are wondering mass they're not moving on from Duke tob and I know people are wondering that, and so let's just throw that away. So people aren't like, oh, well, why wouldn't.
Speaker 2: They do that?
Speaker 12: They need to open up that pocket book and they've spent I'm not going.
Speaker 4: To say they haven't.
Speaker 12: They have Joe Burrow, highest paid quarterback in the league at the time, Jamar Shay's highest paid receiver, T Higgins huge contract.
Speaker 2: Like, I get it. I know they've spent. There's the Joe Burrow era. You're going to have to push.
Speaker 12: The limits and modernize. You're thinking of how you structure contracts, and here's why you need to be able to fit more under the cap. And the winning teams do it. And if they do that and are willing to do that and show that desire and I'm not spent, I'm not saying go go willing really crazy, but do enough to where you have quality starting safeties, another quality linebacker, a couple pass rushers that aren't draft picks that you have to develop. So it takes some pressure off of these young guys that you do draft where they can be pieces and ease into their role like Chase Brown did instead of thrown to the wolves like Demitrious Knight was in a really tough situation. I've been critical of Demetrius Night throughout his rookie year a little bit, but it's been a a tough position to be in as well, and I'm very much aware of that.
Speaker 2: So I think.
Speaker 12: That's it is, give yourself a chancechampionship level roster and a playoff level roster, even without Joe Burrow. And that probably means trying to trick Jill Flacco to resigning here, even though there's no chance he starts. I know he wants to start, but it would be nice if he was Joe Burrow's backup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would be, wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: I mean, the guy is one hundred and eighty six in football years and he's still mobile and getting a dead and even that little bit he was in yesterday it was fun and I can't remember that the defender who was coming at him, it was about eighteen feet paul and Flacco did the most awesome thing ever. He just looked at him. He's like, oh, hell no, and he's just grounded that ball. He's like, I'm good, I'm not taking that hit. I'm eighty eight years old, So that's right. You know, you don't blame him. So you think that's likely that they're gonna be able to pull that off. I mean, where else could he go? Although this has been the season of you know, the senior citizen quarterbacks popping up all over the place, even up seventy four in Indianapolis.
Speaker 12: I know it has and heck, if he wants to come be the backup, fine with that too. Like you well talking about Philip Rivers as vice.
Speaker 9: But.
Speaker 12: In reality here you just need someone that can operate your offense and get the ball to your playmakers and do it in a hostile environment and read a defense and do those things. And Joe Flacco can do that, and it's it's harder to find. And so if I'm the Bengals, I would, Heck I would. I would try to sign him right now if they if they could. I'm not sure if he'd want to entertain agent. I'm sure he wants to see what options are out there, but that's certainly a guy that I would try to bring back.
Speaker 2: And I do think it's possible. How likely it depends what else is out there.
Speaker 12: But does he want to be a bridge quarterback for a few games and then get benched again like he was in Cleveland, or does he want to know his role here in Cincinnati with a chance, in my mind to make a Super Bowl run.
Speaker 1: Man, I think a lot of us have that feeling in our lives in general. But I totally get it. The Flacco or not, it's always great talking to you. I hope you have an incredible New Year twenty six and thank you for doing what you do. And you can see James Rapine on the Cincinnati Bengals Talk on YouTube. You can read him everywhere. I mean really Cincinnati is a Bengals Talk dot com locked on Bengals Enter the Jungle, Yes, yeah, and then of course the Enter the Jungle too may be coming and hopefully with the Super Bowl behind it, and I'll voice what I'll do anything that you want me to do. I'm here for you.
Speaker 2: You're the man, Sterling. I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you to take care of yourself. Man, Thank you. It's James Rapine more Sterling coming back. Seven hundred WLW fineal hour together find Monday night, Sterling. How you doing, scary Jeff the night off? Well it was on earlier. I'm back on New Year's virtual New Year right here, seven hundred w welw. After the Cotton Bowl buck, guys, we'll look to get a win. Appreciate you being here. Joe Waddell, keep me online or in line and on time, something along those lines anyway, And of course Lee Mawin with news coming up at about twenty four minutes at the eleven thirty or Port. Good way to go ground to cover between then and now and then until midnight when ATN rolls with Kevin Gordon behind the wheel. That's America's trucking network. A number of things in the news and I'm just kind of curious about this here first of all headline. Then it's been all over on Columbus paper, Cincinnati News, all over the state Ohio cannabis advocates. There are people advocating for the cannabis because apparently the cannabis needs someone to advocate for it, which I did not know. It grows wildly. People smoke it, they drink it, they do a lot of different things. It's been legal in Ohio as a recreational activity or a consumable product for the better part of two years since its implementation and the public's vote those eighteen and older. In the state of Ohio, lawmakers just recently signed into law with Mike DeWine behind it, have altered that was initially carved out and voters decided how it would be implemented. Lawmakers have said that they weren't real hahih with it. They said that the voters didn't really understand what it was all about, and they've tweaked it a little bit. So now there's an organization that's out there and they're looking to collect a whole lot of signatures and wanting to challenge the new hemp and marijuana law. So what I'm wondering is this, and give you a chance to sound off, and I'm going to rip through a whole bunch of these other things. I'm curious if you, whether you're a cannabis user or not a cannabis user, whether it's for recreation, whether it's medicinal by way of a prescription from your doctor for whatever, a number of other things. Whether you're consuming THHC beverages which are more and more available around the country, whether it's water infused with it, or soda or pop whatever you want to call it, te seltzers of some type or another. What they've talked about, whether it's here in Cincinnati, Columbus, Cleveland. They're breweries that are doing this, and they are expecting to take a pretty big hit once this stuff is supposed to go go by, and they are obviously looking to maintain their revenue stream, and people want to know, you know, keep the ability to live their lives the way they want. I'm just curious, is this something that you would sign to be able to then have that submitted so that people, this cannabis advocacy group, if you will, could then try to roll back the changes that are in place, or do you think the changes are good when it comes to the way that they're trying to regulate it, and that means taking away some of the intoxicating hemp products available other places other than the one hundred and seventy seven licensed dispensaries, including those breweries or you know companies that are handling the infusion of that for beverages of some type or another, canning it or bottling it or whatever else sort of goes into it. And there are a number of those out there five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred the big one. And also you can talk back on the iHeartRadio app at Sterling Radio on x on the talk just click the microphone on the app for iHeart and you can certainly leave a message there as well. Tons and tons of money is at stake, jobs are at stake as well, and the idea of freedom and liberty that goes along with it and the regulation with it. Some people are the belief that it could have been tweaked and adjusted more reasonable and rationally. I've had people who are in the business of running smoke shops and others who have called the show, reached out to me and so forth and say that they feel that they're unfairly targeted by a handful of those that are bad actors who have not handled their business responsibly for the vast majority of retailers, not selling it to kids, and not doing anything that they shouldn't be, and they feel that they've been targeted unfairly five three, seven, four nine, seven, eight hundred the big one. I say, you know, whatever it is that you like to do to get yourself high, as long as you're responsible not getting behind the wheel of a vehicle putting others at risk, and as long as you handle your business where you're not a problem for the general population and the big sandbox of life. I say, do whatever it is that you want to do. That's just me and a libertarian conservative mindset. But not everybody has that same type of view or understanding of the way things go. But they are looking now to gather signatures and sooner than later wherever it is that you're out and about. I'm not sure if they can do that just online or if it has to be done in person hard copy signature. I can remember coming in and out of like grocery stores and parking lots in other places too, whether it was Kenwood Town Center or otherwise where people initially when they were trying to get the referendum on the ballot to legalize it in the first place for recreation that we're looking for signatures and stuff going back a couple of years, so I would imagine we'll see a little bit more of that as well. To New Miami. And Bill was sterling on the Big One in room for you seven four nine, eight hundred, the Big One. Appreciate you holding Bill.
Speaker 3: What's up? How you doing?
Speaker 9: Sirling?
Speaker 3: I think I'm all right?
Speaker 11: You Oh good?
Speaker 13: I think I'm all right as well. I think it's kind of ridiculous, though. Where do I sign?
Speaker 11: I just I don't.
Speaker 13: Under I don't understand where our governor is coming from. When I when I first heard he was doing this several.
Speaker 11: Months ago, it was like, this is what we voted for.
Speaker 1: Well, people did fifty seven fifty eight percent. Somewhere in between there of Ohio voters said ya to it. You know, some were of the opinion I guess there were unintended consequences and things that they didn't really think of or what have you. And this is one of those things that the General Assembly and lawmakers in Columbus sent to the governor's desk and he had to sign it.
Speaker 3: He did.
Speaker 1: I think they had carved out the THHC part and then he line item vetoed that if I'm not mistaken, okay, but I don't know all the ins and outs of that at this moment. So you say, go ahead, get you the position, and you will sign it. Do you see any problem with the way it was being marketed or promoted or sold any place you've been, assuming you're either a consumer or just someone who's in the idea of freedom for people, which or both.
Speaker 13: Well, I've had my card for several years. I've never bought any beverages or anything.
Speaker 2: I just I don't know.
Speaker 11: I think that.
Speaker 13: I just feel like the way this the sole thing has been presented by what the governor has done and everything, this seems like he's overstepping his his bounds. But apparently he's not right. So I just want to know where to sign because I just think that we need to have the you know, th seed beverages. They're no worse than alcoholic.
Speaker 11: Beverages from what I understand.
Speaker 3: So here here's a question I have.
Speaker 1: So in relation to this, do you think that it would be better if they had rules for other retailers? I mean, do you want the intoxicating hemp available or is it just about the beverage that you feel should be available. You know, the question is about packaging and targeting of kids. I don't think anyone responsible wants anyone made twenty one to be able to buy it over the counter.
Speaker 13: Right, well, right, absolutely not, yeah, be twenty one. Perhaps the th sed beverages should be sold in dispensaries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that might be something rather than in other words, rather than going to the brewery or going to the distillery or something else.
Speaker 11: To a store or whatever. Perhaps if you want to get a th seed beverage, you go to suspense, just like you got to get your legalized marijuana.
Speaker 3: That makes sense.
Speaker 1: You almost make too much sense in a time when there's not a lot of sense being made in a lot of places. So Bill, I appreciate you being a part of the show and maybe we'll get somebody beyond this.
Speaker 3: Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you listening, and if we can maybe track down some people who are behind the idea of this petition and we maybe have them on the show as well. But it's pretty interesting how much attention is this has gotten. My gut tells me that I think the vast majority of Ohioan's voters or not, whether they were forward or against it or kind of the I mean, it was a black market product for a long time, for decades, there was no difficulty in getting it from the black market. They brought it above board and effectively made it safer, more consistent and understanding what it is a product that people were going to be able to get their hands on to ingest by whatever means they choose, whether it's for a prescription or whether it's for recreational entertainment purposes, no different and I don't look at it any different than alcohol in any fashion. And the bottom line is that you just need to be responsible in the way that you maintain you know your function in what you do whether you're drinking, or whether you're smoking, or whether you're eating, or whatever it is, there's something that's going to intoxicate you or alter your ability to function and get behind the wheel of an automobile or other heavy machinery. I think it's a pretty basic scenario, but you know, keeping it out of kid's hands, I think is fairly important. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven, eight hundred, the big one. Speaking of something else that's fairly important. And every New Year's this is an issue, and it's not an issue everywhere, but it is an issue that presents itself and depending on the neighborhood in which you live or if you live out in the country. And I've lived in the city of Cincinnati, I've lived in suburbia. I've lived in rural Ohio as well well. And I can tell you that New Year's Christmas both certainly the forth the fourth of July.
Speaker 3: It's not just fireworks.
Speaker 1: People like to target practice or pop off some rounds into the sky to celebrate the new year, which I have never quite understood. One, you're wasting Ammo. Two those rounds fall. Bad things can happen when they fall, whether it's on your on top of your roof, into your house, into your attic, or you know. Even when I before I came back to Ohio in the middle nineties, I was working in New Orleans and we were celebrating our unemployment because we were all going to be let go in the first of January. So a whole bunch of us went out to eat in the French Quarter. And New Year's in the French Quarter is a busy time. Not Maudi Gras busy, but busy, big celebration, big party. And we were leaving a restaurant. It was called K Paul's at the time, and Paul Prudona, I think, is the guy who owned it at that point. And we're leaving and we noticed the crowd and there's some weird stuff going on. This is like nineteen ninety five, I believe. And so it's been a minute, and what had happened is there was a woman and I want to say she was either from Boston or the Cleveland area, I can't remember. And it's really irrelevant, but it is devastating just the same. There was a woman who took around from the top of her to the top of her head after someone had discharged a firearm and it dropped her dead on the spot and no explanation, no call. I mean, they couldn't figure out exactly what it was that it had caused her harm. And then it leads me to this story because idiots do idiotic things, and I try not to be an idiot, at least not in that way, and others shouldn't either. And I flashed back to this because I've had numerous people send me this and wanted me to make comment on it. Headlined a man in Oklahoma doing target practice in his backyard after Christmas with this new gun. Right, so, he gets a new handgun. He has nothing backstopping those rounds that he's firing. A woman a couple of blocks away on her porch holding a baby says, ow and under her arm or threw her arm and into her chest cavity. She is hit by around that that guy just discharged from his firearm because he was irresponsible and it killed her and it could have killed that baby. So the bottom line is whether it's New Year's popping rounds off into the sky or somebody who has decided that they want to target practice or shoot their guns in the backyard, don't be an idiot. Don't be a moron. Think a little bit beforehand. Those rounds go somewhere. They don't just disappear, aside from the fact that they ain't cheap. So I don't want to have to talk about New Year's Eve and bad things have with people discharging their firearms. I'm just trying to help. Okay, five one, three, seven hundred, the big one to Middletown and Penny, I think you're calling on the weed issue. Penny, how are you? How's everything on this Monday night, Sterling?
Speaker 9: I'm good and I love listening to you whenever you're on. You always have great subjects, and I want to just just wanted to mention that I'm thinking the governor and maybe me and others we didn't think about them putting the THC in alcoholic beverages where you go to the go down to the bar and you sit there for you know, however long people want to say, some people for short terms. Some people make an evening of it and you're drinking this and you're going to get behind your car and drive, and you know, we can say we need you know, people need to be held responsible. But I just think it's just another thing that you know, police can't mind. And I hate to see people lose their lives because someone wanted to sit at the evening and the bar and have this in their beer.
Speaker 1: Isn't there is there a drastic difference between that and any other intoxicating substance, whether it's you know, beer, beer, or wine or other spirits, you know, drinking a bourbon or two after dinner.
Speaker 9: No, I don't. But I think it's the fact that it's just another thing where some people, I don't know, maybe more people might people that would go that normally wouldn't to get this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 9: I just worry about drunk drivers in general.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: So my question is this, So, do you want to then keep people from being able to go get any alcoholic beverage because there are people who are irresponsible, or you just draw the line at the intoxicating hamp or THHC and fuse beverages because it's an easy target right now.
Speaker 9: No, I think that it's if one's available, they should all be available. But I think people really when they voted for this, really did not know the full picture of it, right, That's what.
Speaker 1: They think were you confused by the language, because that's some of the things that lawmakers have said. Well, people didn't understand what they were reading. I mean, it was fairly common speak. It was a lot easier to understand that than the redistricting issue or the question about you know, the legislative districts and how they decided who was going to vote for whom where?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 13: Right?
Speaker 9: But I will say I have to be honest and say I voted no for it, okay, because I felt like it was going to be another another thing, another problem.
Speaker 3: Sure, people, you know.
Speaker 9: We can we can all say let's all be responsible, but let's make a list of the people that are responsible and that people aren't. And you know, the people that are responsible are also you know, suffering the consequences of the people that aren't responsible. So no real way to handle it.
Speaker 1: It's tough, right, I mean, because I mean that's the thing. You know, we can't have nice things because some people ruin it for us, whether it's alcohol boos or people who aren't handling their firearms the way they should, which is responsible to.
Speaker 9: The firearms another thing. Yeah, yeah, I mean that.
Speaker 3: That's a tough deal.
Speaker 1: Well, Penny, I appreciate the call, But I mean, I don't want anybody losing their right to bear arms or losing their right to have an alcoholic beverage because a small percentage of people out there are idiots and morons.
Speaker 9: Absolutely, I believe that, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, if we could be on a panel and they would never allow this. But I mean, I will go so far as to say some people shouldn't have kids, right.
Speaker 7: Too.
Speaker 1: But it's not really for me to decide who else. The only person I can decide about is me whether or not I want to make Little Sterling or Sterling's or you with Penny and Penny yet right, I mean, you know it's tough.
Speaker 9: Penny, and it's not right for us to make the decisions for all. But you know, like I said, I don't like to see the people who are responsible stuffer at the answer the people aren't.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, it certainly does a lot of ways. Penny, great talking to you. I appreciate you listening and being a part of the show. I hope you have a great night and a good New year. Quick break come back Monday, Sterling for Gary Jeff seven hundred WLW Sterling back to seven hundred WLW, the nation station a couple of minutes away from your eleven thirty of.
Speaker 3: Your report in for Gary, Jeff, how you doing? Joe? What dell? Keep me on time? On online or in line?
Speaker 1: Just something like some close to that anyway, the Lee Malwin's got news in a little bit quick nine first Warning forecast down to eighteen tonight.
Speaker 3: That's cold, how ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Yesterday I hung out and walked the dog with shorts on, and it was in the sixties. And right now it's a twenty two Tomorrow will be a high at thirty thirty six Wednesday.
Speaker 3: It's you know what it is. It's December. It is what it is.
Speaker 1: It feels all of a sudden like December again with New Year's straight in front of us.
Speaker 3: So you know it is where it is.
Speaker 1: It's your severe Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW forecast from nine first winning Weather. There you go, Yeah, got that. I want to mention this too here because it's something and somewhat shocking. Falcons beat the La Rams twenty seven to twenty four in Atlanta Monday night football. That happened just a bit ago, and the Rams, of course playoff bound. I don't know if that takes them from fourth, I think, or fifth if I'm not mistaken in the playoff picture as far as that goes, they're six now, I think if I refresh that as far as seeding goes in the NFC for a playoffs, so I'm pretty sure that's it. Eleven and five third the NFC West. So yeah, there you go. Bengals, of course, have the Browns on Sunday to wrap up this season. Basketball Bearcats handle business quite easily earlier here hosting Lipscomb at the fifth Third Arena and on seven hundred WLW to wrap up their non conference schedule eighty nine sixty two to the final, bear Cats all over them. Now eight and five, they have Houston coming in the Rockets at fifth Third Arena on Saturday afternoon with the two o'clock tip off, then to West Virginia. They will make the trip there for another Big twelve matchup a week from tomorrow, so they're in the thick of it pretty quickly. We'll see how that progresses, so yeah, you gotta look forward to it. And I want to mention this because this has had a number of people mentioned this and I touched on it earlier about the dry January. Sonya zato I had on talking about living better and healthier in twenty six and that's one of the things a lot of people do is they try to dry out from whatever substances, whether it's alcohol, booze or whatever. Take a month and clean yourself out just a little bit and maybe get ready for spring or something. They say, even if you can't get through a whole month going alcohol free or weed free or whatever else, the bottom line is that they are seeing huge physical improvements also huge behavioral changes lasting in excess of six months or so after taking a month off or close to that to sober up. Not to say that somebody's drunk, but just to clear their system out, flush it a little bit, you know, depending on holidays, maybe hit the bottom a little bit, celebrate, have a good time. So even if you don't go a full whole January dry, even just making a little bit of an effort can clean you up and help us off live a little bit better in the new year. So don't think if you can't go through the whole month that it's a no bueno. There's still, you know, time and still a chance to better yourself with that on the other side of your eleven thirty report of all the disorders, of all the dysfunction, I do like to put the fun in dysfunction. There is something that is over the top and over you can go too far in eating healthy. I will explain they've even given this disorder a name. Will make sense of it. After Lee Mallin and your eleven thirty report here on the Home of the Hooday the bear Cats, the Musketeers, and sooner than later Reds fest downtown in the redone Convention Center, and they'll be in the desert before you know it too. Getting ready on the Home of the Reds too, seven hundred WLW. Glad you're a long fine Monday night, Sterling, seven hundred WLW. And for Gary Jeff straight away after your midnight report America's Trucking Network. That's atm I'm a fan of the acronym Kevin Gordon behind the wheel as always with that good night for basketball bear Cats now eating five eighty nine sixty two all over Lipscomb. They got an education at fifth Third Arena. You heard that game here on seven hundred WLW. It was also a good day for the hooda yesterday pounding the Phoenix Cardinals, sending them back to the desert. It was actually as warm here yesterday as it was, if I'm not mistaken in their land of a Phoenix area as well, which is where the Reds will be tuning up shortly, just within a stone's throw of that area. And Goodyear just what about a month and a half two months away, give or take. So yeah, and New Year's Eve five o'clock tip off, Big East Action, Xavier's x Men hosting Yukon getting it on on the final day of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: And that leads me to you.
Speaker 1: The year end is upon us, and I know people talk about the idea of resolutions, and I'm all about trying to be a better person and on the edges, just a little bit better here, a little bit better there in some fashion or another. In earlier Sonya's o id you can hear the podcast, it'll be available. Joe Waddell all over it like a two ton heavy thing because he's a madman, and she gave us some insight into living better and healthier in twenty six. I'm curious what your plan is. Do you have a plan for twenty six? Do you believe and buy into the idea of resolutions or is it just another day, another night, or otherwise? Five three, seven, four ninety seven thousand, eight hundred The big one. I've been chastised, scolded, mocked, ridiculed for a host of reasons in all honesty, most of which I couldn't care less about. But when it comes to the resolution thing, people said, well, you got to be more specific. But when I say better in general, the better person I mean. I want to be fitter, I want to learn more. I want to be able to help my community, my friends, my family, those in need, whether it's a you know, animal causes where like Cincinnati Animal Care rescues, whether it's lighthouse to use services and trying to help at risk teams and those that could be on the street hopefully have a roof over their head and an opportunity to learn and improve their situation moving forward. Those are the things I'm trying to do and just trying to be nicer, you know, just in general in a sometimes contentious times. Five one three I've been four nine seven eight hundred The big one. You can pick up the phone, give it the finger. I'm also on X or Twitter. If you still call it that at Sterling Radio and the iHeartRadio app talkback button there just on the microphone. You can leave a message there as well. Now I want to Normally I don't really pay that much attention to reality TV because it's not very real. Sometimes it can certainly be very entertaining. In the news, Lee Allen mentioned this earlier, and all I can tell you before I get into it deeply, this all goes back to a movie which you may or may not have seen, called The Truth About Cats and Dogs. Jennine Garoffalo was in it. She played a talk show host talking about pets and animals, and someone had called the show on the movie talking about stuff and it got a little uncomfortable, It got a little unnerving, it got a little bit weird, and she said something that I think resonates as well then and now as it will ever and certainly into the future. That includes the guy in the news who was a part of that A and E show, Neighbors with Benefits I think is what it was called. Yeah, he's now in the warning Warren County jail, quarter of a million dollar cash only bond, expected to be in court tomorrow, and the line and the directive hits for this guy who's in the news, as it does for anyone in general. You can love your pets, just don't love your pets too much, because that's the allegation. Aside for many issues of other salacious material or behavior, the allegation is that he was having and this is a quote from multiple sources, that he was engaging in sexual conduct with his two dogs at his house. First of all, dogs have no thumb. They cannot make a choice for themselves, such as that they have a duke claw, but they can't do a whole hell of a lot with the duke claw. And you know, I just don't know at what point how sick in the head you have to be. If the allegation is true, that someone would somehow look to be loving their pet that way, it's unacceptable, it's inappropriate, it's wrong, and I'm on the pet side for this. And if this is true, aside from the allegations also that are about explicit materials apparently on an account online someplace in the cloud or elsewhere, he's going to have to answer for himself and deal with that in the court. But you know, it's just not good to be loving your animals like that, aside from all the other stuff that goes with it. That's pretty inexcusable too, But again, innocent until proven guilty, the allegations until improven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
Speaker 3: But it is very troubling.
Speaker 1: And you know, if you've got neighbors with benefits, as the show was titled, I don't know why you wouldn't be with the neighbor and have a benefit rather than a defenseless animal or the other stuff that's also a part of these allegations and these the corpse which are expected to take place tomorrow. It's pretty bewildering. I mean, it really is. I mean, I love my animals at the house, but I'm not loving them, if you know what I'm saying. It's just it's just it's just wrong, is what it is. It's creepy, weird and a bad something else in the news. Because time is short, I want to mention this and I teased it earlier because all the talk about living better and how you know, we need to eat better, we need to take care of ourselves. And people can be obsessive, they can be compulsive, and there are a lot of people with addiction problems, and most of the addiction problems that we hear about in the news, they get a lot of attention, are the ones that get headlines, whether it's somebody who's hitting the booze too much or they're taking in popping pills, or you know, because they were on pain medicine of one type or another.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: You know, the the opium opiate issue that was in the news for such a long period of time, and the oxycontins and all the fentanyl, the car fentanyl that continues to a scourge on our population just in general. It just absolutely brutalized and continues to be a problem, and it's going to be felt for another generation too, like the crack epidemic was and continues to be for a lot of people that are grown now that live through that with their parents and a generation before. So just you know, know that those things are dangerous inherently too. And people can eat too much, people can have addictions to sex, they can be addicted to TV, they can be addicted to a lot of things. But apparently previously not so called formal recognition from the DSM five, the diagnostic and Statistical manual that are used by you know, mental health professionals and so forth. But there is something else that apparently is growing in the population now that is a problem, and that's people that apparently are addicted to trying to be too healthy. And you know, you hear about like antarexia, or you know, people binge and purge, and they don't see themselves right. Their body image and how they see themselves in a mirror is not quite how all of us see them, and that's a problem. But there's now something called orthorexia, and it's been around forever, but I've not seen or have been aware of it. Apparently it was first started being used in the mid to late nineties, And what it is is an obsession or fixation with being healthier and eating more healthily, and apparently being aware of their circumstance. Interne itself, of course is not the major issue or a problem, but it's going over the top, in other words, being so overwhelmed by it, so addicted to this concept, fixated on it, on the healthy eating thing, they end up hurting themselves their physical wellbeing, their mental wellbeing and going along with that. And if you know someone who is constantly looking at ingredients and nutrition labels, if you see someone with an increase of concern about healthy ingredients in their food, which could be anybody at the beginning of the year trying to lose weight or live better.
Speaker 3: So this gets sort of dicey.
Speaker 1: They say cutting out an increased number of food groups, maybe no sugars, maybe eating all meat or dairy, or cutting all those things out, or animal products.
Speaker 3: I don't know if the vegans could be a part of this or otherwise.
Speaker 1: They say, an inability to eat anything but a small group of foods. This could be orthorexia. They also have apparently a feeling of superior or a superiority or overall about their nutrition and their intolerance to the rest of us and our poor eating habits and our poor beliefs when it comes to that. So they are super perfectionists. They are obsessive, compulsive, and they have high levels of stress or distress when it comes to finding safe and healthy foods when they're not on the shelf or in the refrigerator or in the cupboard, or if you're traveling and everything's late and you're at the airport and it's hard to maybe find something good, it can be a major problem. And then of course then it leads, they say, in this situation going on social media and blogs and following other food and healthy lifestyle stuff, posting that stuff on their own as well, and it leads in the downward spiral like a domino effect, apparently of body image concerns that may or may not be here now but could come later. And then also what they call psycho social impairments in different areas of their life. So just when you think that you had heard about every possible disorder and dysfunction, and I'm sure there will be more sooner than later. With the whole host of things. Is more implementation of AI comes in making our lives easier, better workflows, more successful, money saving for business and individuals. I'm sure there will be some other terms and use when it comes to obsessive behaviors with that or addiction issues. I suppose for some maybe having relationships as we already know with AI or chat group chat type thing or whatever else. But this is a new one, and I do have some people around me that are very very much fixated on the healthy thing, to the point where I've thought it was a little sick, but then they go, well, you're not the most healthy so who are you to tell me? And I'm like, yeah, you're absolutely right. I am not a very healthy person sometimes with the way I eat and so forth. But orthorexia is real. So when you think somebody seems to be over the top, you may have seen them over the holidays obsessing and stressing. You may be absolutely right with it. It could be orthorexia. So yeah, think about that for a little bit. It's Sterling seven hundred WLW Sterling hanging out a couple of minutes away from your midnight report if you listen closely, warming up, maybe in the sleeper, I'm not quite sure. Kevin Gordon, America's truck and network ready to roll after the news. Lee Malwen will have that about five and a half minutes. I don't know how many people actually paid attention to that Jake Paul fight that he got beat down and he lost. Jake Paul did on Netflix. I guess it's just over a week ago, right, And the guy who beat him, Anthony Joshua, was in Nigeria, Lagos. I think I pronounced that correctly. He's a Nigerian British guy, former heavyweight champion. He was in a car crash that left two other people dead that were passengers in the car. It doesn't say I can't see here if it says he was driving or a passenger in the car, but two other people in this vehicle. Apparently there was some speeding involved. It happens occasionally speed kills literally and figureatively. It's not just on the Billiard's table. This is a pretty serious issue. It really made it to social media before it was reported anywhere else. He apparently is recovering in an undisclosed hospital, hopefully getting better sooner than later. At a horrible, tragic loss of life in that crash. It just shows you, I mean, life is fragile no matter where you are, what you're doing, and you know, you just hope that he gets through that. Okay. And here's the thing. And I people that were mad at me. I don't know why I enjoyed Anthony Joshua beating Jake Paul so much, But I really thoroughly enjoyed him beating him down. I really did. And I don't know why. There's no real good reason for me to do that. I had a real dog and that fight, if you will, but I just enjoyed seeing Jake Paul lose on the replay there because I was here when the fight was actually going on, or at least as it was starting in Miami a couple of weeks and a week ago, seven eight days ago, whatever it was. So hopefully he gets better fast. And it's a horrible story. But I just had to mention that a couple people say that guy, that guy, he was in that fight. Yeah, that's the same guy. It's a pretty disturbing scenario. And anytime you get behind the wheel, you just don't know which you know, Penny you called earlier sort of made that illusion, you just hope between people being distracted on their devices, let alone may be inebriated in some fashion with some type of intoxicant, you just don't know. And earlier tonight driving in as it was all night last night and most of the day today, of course, is that super really high wind kind of high profile vehicle frustration of trying to drive up and down seventy one and seventy five or anywhere else you happen to be is brutal on a high profile vehicle, tractor trailers, suv, whatever else. I saw a whole bunch of people, you know, all over the road, you know, being blown around because they weren't really able to handle it. So hopefully it's a little bit better when I get back out here after I'm done with this and speaking of something else danger on the road, since I'm being the profit of doom all this sudden, I just want to mention this because this I've seen it before when I've driven out west. I saw it in and around the mountains in Utah a few years ago, and I've seen it in Kentucky and Tennessee on the road driving here and there, and you occasionally we'll see where they've shut down an interstate, or you've seen where there's been a rock slide or something along those lines. A boulder has you know, rolled down from up above across the interstate. And I've always thought, well, what are the odds that if I'm driving that I'm going to come across that either in the dark and it's happened and no one's seen it, that hasn't been able to be moved yet, or you know, cordoned off blocked off in some fashion. I mean, you know, you're at a high rate of speed and an immovable object that weighs tons. Nothing good comes from that headlined five injured after a massive boulder crashed onto a California highway. They're Highway eighteen, which I've driven around this area around San Bernardino County, California. Was the twenty sixth. They responded apparently to a call there and there were a couple of cars that it crashed on the freeway, either trying to avoid it or actually in and around it, because there was a bunch of other debris as well. So I mean, I like watching like these ice road trucker shows and you know, all these like soisseuito reality based things where these wreckers are out there trying to get you know, people from bad, precarious circumstances. And I've always wondered about how frequently it happens where one of these boulders or a rock slide and course and places where there's heavy rain, flash flooding, settling of the earth, and you think about, or at least I do, about, you know, different fault lines and so forth that we have around the country, and certainly California has a few that go up and down that state, which is a you know, it's a long north to south stretch for the state of California. I just wondered how often it happens, and here's proof that occasionally. It's not just in the dark. Did the rock fall if you weren't there to see it, Well, yeah it did. And thankfully it talks about no fidelities, but that is some pretty serious stuff, and they believe a lot of that heavy rain that they dealt with may have actually contributed to that with the saturation. We had big rain and we had big wind, but not like them. And I am very thankful that all the rain we had in the last twenty four hours or whatever it was, it wasn't snow, because you know, you get about eight to ten inches of snow for every inch of rain. And it's already past Christmas. I'm done with cold, I'm done with the snow, and I'm basically done with the show. Gary Jeff's back tomorrow, I'll be back New Year's Eve and then Friday, the weekend my normal place in time. Lee Mawin has your Midnight Report and Kevin Gordon rolls with atn After that, that's America's Truck and Network.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Joe Waddell. Straight away, it's new seven hundred W wellw Cincinnati,