Speaker 1: Happy Monday from kd W. You' get an update on Jenny's date and Bailey's date coming up in a few minutes. Also, Jenny's mama, Cindy, had a date on Friday night. We'll hear more about that coming up as well. Cindy gonna be on the phone. Kiz oh good, can't wait? Hey, gonna read something really cool. I get a note in the mail the other day from our general manager, Eric, and Eric wrote this if you want to hear it, yes, he says Dave, Jenny Bailey Vaant, congratulations on receiving the Minnesota Broadcasters Association Service to Minnesota Award for Dave Ryan's Christmas wish. This honor is a testament the incredible impact you've made in our community through your generosity, compassion, and dedication. I was truly honored to accept the award on your behalf of this week's MBA conference. It was a proud moment to see your work recognized among Minnesota's finest, and it reminded everyone in the room of the power of radio to uplift and unite. Thanks for all you do, and here's too many more wishes granted in the years ahead. The award is with Rich, so make sure you stop by and see it. Oh, I miss that. I didn't know it's on Ridge's desk. Wow.
Speaker 2: I'll have to take a picture with it and be like, wow, here we are, we're all touching it.
Speaker 1: Wow. That's cool. So you know what Christmas wish is because of you. We've done it every year for thirty two ish years. I think we did the first year that I was here, and it's just gotten bigger and bigger, and we'll do it again in another few weeks and we'll remind you. Trust me, Christmas is down the road. We're not even to Halloween and Thanksgiving yet, but we'll do more Christmas wishes coming up of course this year. On what is a Christmas wish? Maybe you're new here, thanks for being here. Basically, we find families that are in need through no fault of their own, and we give them something that might make their Christmas a little bit easier. One of my favorite stories is somebody who had they didn't have a stove that worked in their house, and I don't know if they were cooking over a propane stove or sterno or what. We got him a new stove. Another one needed a new water heater. There's a lot of people who we've given in vans so they can, you know, get back and forth to the hospital like in a wheelchair whatever. So we'll do more of those coming up. And thank you Minnesota broadcasters for recognizing that. And we'll take half the credit, but you get the rest of the credit. We did it for helping us find these people that do this well.
Speaker 3: And Dave, I feel like, Dave, you need to take a lot of credit to more than anything. Yeah, say, you're the one who's been doing it for thirty two years.
Speaker 1: Thirty two years, year number thirty three coming up, So we don't have a whole lot of time, So we got to get right to the sex part of your date, Jenny, let's go ready.
Speaker 4: Okay, Oh sorry, sorry, I just want to cut to the chase.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't really think that I have any super exciting details except for the fact that I've been seeing someone and yeah, we hung out a bunch this weekend. He ran the marathon, so I was out there supporting him yesterday. He did really fantastics finished in the top eight percent.
Speaker 1: Wow, he's super fit though.
Speaker 4: He is very fit human.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's got the ripple belly, like where you slap one side. No, no, no, no, it's.
Speaker 4: Like, no, there's no ripple in his No.
Speaker 2: I will say, I did see pictures and that man is like a Kirkland brand Superman. To me, he's very good looking and it's almost offensive. Actually I'm offended. Why do you say Kirkland brand because he's not like David corn Sweat, who's the new Superman. But he's like Kirkland brand, which is solid brand super which.
Speaker 3: Is a cost card. If you didn't understand what Kirkland is, I.
Speaker 2: Know you do, but it's not like I'm saying, like he's great value Superman, which.
Speaker 4: Is the Walmart brand. He's a Kirkland brand.
Speaker 1: So way about the brand bottom tier? Okay? Good? So what did you do? Did you just go to the marathon or what did you do?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: I mean we hung out a bunch this weekend.
Speaker 3: We went to the packet pick up at the River Center and did some fun, I don't know, athletic things there, and then we did a little carb up dinner on Saturday night because he needed a car the race, yep, a lot of pasta and then yeah, hung out and watched him at the race and enjoyed a little well. He had a beer in the beer garden afterwards.
Speaker 4: I touched his hand and other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they did.
Speaker 4: Fun athletics stuff, she said, real lady in the tramp the pasta.
Speaker 3: No, No, it was like the little like single noodles.
Speaker 1: That way, So okay. Bailey had a date this weekend. Also date number two I.
Speaker 2: Did with a guy, am On Hinge. I went on a date with him last week and then I went on another one this week. We went to a brewery. It was similar to the last one. We just sat across from each other and talked to each other. I do think he's very cute, and I think he is funny. At one point he did quote a lot of Aaron Carter's How I Beat Shack, which you might think that is so cringey, and I thought this is kind of hot. I love that, so I thought that was really funny. And he like totally stories. That just kind of made him very endearing.
Speaker 1: To his hand.
Speaker 4: I didn't touch his hand.
Speaker 1: Didn't touch his hand. We touch his lips.
Speaker 2: No, we've only touched We like hug at the end, and that's the only times we've touched.
Speaker 4: Not a like hello hug.
Speaker 2: We hello hugged the first date, which is strange, and then did not hello hug this last date, but we did goodbye hug, but.
Speaker 4: I don't have one. Yeah, what is it? We played it last week?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: What did we switch it to? We know it sounded dumb one that I've never heard of. Okay, sorry, go ahead back, But yeah, that's a that's essentially it. I'm he said at the end of.
Speaker 2: The day that he would like to see me again, and then I messaged him like later that same day and he has not responded to me. So literally, no, that was Saturday night, so he hasn't responded to me yet.
Speaker 4: Are you only messaging on hinge? We are only messaging on hinge numbers, phone numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I wonder if that's like a choice, because like he hasn't asked me for my number, and I haven't said, like, no, we'll just message on hinge. That's just what we do. Because I was also talking to this other guy who also just like went twenty eight hours without responding, but then when he does respond it's like paragraphs of stuff and it's just exhausting. I did say to this guy, I went on a date with that, Like Beck and my Grandma's day. She would just go square dancing and that's how she would meet people, and she would just be like out having fun. And I feel like, hinge, you have this like demon that's standing behind you saying this is romantic, this is a romantic setting.
Speaker 1: I no, I totally get that. Yes, you're supposed to be romantic. You're supposed to fall for each other.
Speaker 2: You have to fall for each other pressure yes, yeah, versus like I was, it's not organic, it's not.
Speaker 4: Right, so it just it feels weird.
Speaker 2: But he didn't seem like he thought, well, that's red flag that she's saying that on this date.
Speaker 1: Maybe you should try square dancing.
Speaker 4: I don't know where to find it. They don't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: Dodo dot com, doci Okaya taple and we're back for one hour commercial free on the Dave Ryan Show. You can also watch on Dave Ryan TV on the webcam, Dave Ryan TV on YouTube. And we've got Jonas Brothers tickets to give away. Right now, What are you serious? Play a little game called the Siblings Game, and we're gonna explain how it works. Then you'll call in play the game. You get it right, and you're gonna go to see Jonas brothers. Now, by the way, these tickets I believe I'm not wrong. They're in row number five. No they're not. Oh but we do. We have other ones that are in row number five. Okay, so you can listen now, win regular tickets, and then next hour if you don't win this time, you can win row number five, next hour at eight twenty, and then tomorrow row four. As the week goes by. By time Friday rolls around, you'll be in the first row, front row, and then Joe Jonas will throw you a sweaty towel, Nick will throw you a guitar pick and and Kevin will ask for a loan. He'll ask you to venmo him thirty dollars.
Speaker 3: That what mean?
Speaker 4: And I would let that man live. He's doing just fine.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying you're to be that close? Is he your favorite?
Speaker 4: I love Kevin? Somebody has to.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. It's like, I think there's somebody who always like Chris Kirkpatrick because nobody else. You had them all to yourself. You're your best friend, like justin Timberlake, and your best friend like Nick Carter, so you would choose Howie because Howie was always available. Like, oh, well, I'm going for the fugly one because they're more available. Let's play the game here, Jenny, how does his work?
Speaker 4: So basically, I have a bunch of siblings. I'm going to give you the name of one sibling. You give me their other sibling.
Speaker 3: Or they might have multiple ones, so there could be multiple options. So we'll play a couple of rounds with you guys, but we're waiting for someone to get.
Speaker 1: I got one, I got one, Bailey, Oh, Madison, very good, very good, Jenny.
Speaker 4: You guys won't remember Katie and Rachel.
Speaker 1: Ye, very good, very good.
Speaker 3: Dave and Donnay, Carl, Patricia, No, Janet.
Speaker 1: No, Linda. Linda is one of them.
Speaker 4: Up, shar, there's too many.
Speaker 1: There's six of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that is just the easiest to remember.
Speaker 3: Okay, so here's some actual examples. Tell me Fred Savage's sibling, Bailey, Ben good job, very very good. All right, Next one, Hillary Duff's sibling.
Speaker 1: I got it, I got it, okay, Summer Weekly, Hayley Duff, Oh yeah, she played Summer Weekly. Napoleon Dynamoe.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh we didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Yes, cool, I love that.
Speaker 4: We got on the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we do. We get Katie. Hi, Katie, what are you up to this morning? Katie? Okay, Katie, I'm gonna give you. Jenny's going to give you a famous person. You've got to give us their sibling. You get it right, you can go see Jonas brothers. And you get it wrong. You get on with your day and keep her chin up high. Okay, okay, here.
Speaker 3: We go, all right, here you go. Paris Hilton.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, I should know this too.
Speaker 1: That's hard. I don't know it myself, really, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: You A three.
Speaker 5: Watched the show to Conrad.
Speaker 1: Conrad is the guy who founded the Hilton company, great grandfather or something like that.
Speaker 5: Watch Paris and Nicole way back but.
Speaker 1: The Simple Life. Give her two more. We'll make it too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so Nicky Hilton. Okay, all right. Alec Baldwin, Alec Baldwin.
Speaker 1: He's got two brothers, and Daniel and Billy. Wow.
Speaker 4: Nice, all right, one last one. Mark Wahlberg, Oh my gosh, oh this is very.
Speaker 1: Easy, is it. You're almost there?
Speaker 5: You're almost there, Danny Donnie your Oh my heart was beating crazy, Katie, I'm not right.
Speaker 1: Nope, Donnie, you got it close your winner. You see Jonas Brothers at the Grand Casino Arena coming up on October tenth, only a couple of days away. Is that on Friday night? Friday night? Wow? Very cool. Hold on, we'll get your tickets for you. Okay, okay, please hold We'll have more fifth row tickets coming up this morning at a twenty on Katie will be and then all this week fourth row, third row, second row, front row on Friday at eight twenty. Don't worry, I will remind you. Yeah, we're all trying to watch our weight and be healthy. And Bailey came up with something kind of interesting that I wanted you to talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so, okay, I read somewhere at one point in time that they said you shouldn't like eat past like a certain time of day because then it can't like digest when you like lay down to.
Speaker 4: Go to bed.
Speaker 1: I've heard that too, Yeah, And.
Speaker 2: I don't know the source on that, but something like science. I heard it from Science, okay, And so they're reliable exactly. So I have an alarm on my phone for eight fifteen. That literally it's like it's not a it doesn't buzz or anything. It just pops up that just says stop eating. And I'll be like, oh, wow, you're right, You're right, I do have to stop eating.
Speaker 1: Is that while you're in the middle of a HOGI on your lap and then you would like have it halfway in your mouth and it goes eat eating and you stop eating? Or is it just because you're eating constantly until eight fifteen?
Speaker 2: Not that I'm eating constantly, it's just like, don't do it past this time. And and sometimes like I might like, oh, I'll be I'll come home from like doing improv or something, and I'll be like, you know what sounds great a bag of popcorn? And then I'll be like, no, you're not supposed to because then it can't digest and blah blah blah, and then it sits I guess for a longer time.
Speaker 1: But yeah, true nutrition is there's a lot of people from Livia that listen to the show that maybe you can call us or text us and let us know. Is it true that you really should not eat past eight fifteen? Or is that like an Old wives tale where it's like don't swim after you ate, or your to die.
Speaker 2: I feel like I just put eight fifteen on it because I usually go to bed by like nine thirty, so I'll have, like, you know, an hour of time to digest. And I think it depends on what time you go to bed, because like you could eat at nine if you're not going to bed until ten or eleven.
Speaker 1: Okay, sure you go to bed at nine ish.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I yesterday, like I sat down with a bowl of soup at seven forty five, and knowing that my my alarm was gonna go off at eight fifteen, I was like, I got to house this bowl of soup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a half hour. I think you had it.
Speaker 1: It's just soup. Was it chunky? Campbell's chunky?
Speaker 4: It was chunky.
Speaker 1: It was chunky.
Speaker 4: There was like beans and meat and stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I don't know if that's wrong of me or if it's actually detrimental to my brain psyche for putting an alarm on my eating habits.
Speaker 4: But I just man, but it stops you from doing it. It does, at least briefly.
Speaker 2: And then sometimes you know, I'll come home, I'll have a beer and I'll be like you know what sounds good right now, peanuts in the shell.
Speaker 4: And then I just started eating up.
Speaker 1: I love how human you are. You're just like last night I was on the couch and I'm not trying to make your story about me, no, but I relate because it was we were watching, Oh, we're watching that ed Gean Monster. It's the number one show on Netflix right now. Yeah, it's called Monster The ed Geen Story And we'll talk more about that later. It's not great. It's really dark and disturbing. Oh no, And I mean it would be because he's a mass murderer. But I sat on the couch going, I want a beefstick, right I want a beef stick. And I said it was seven thirty, and I said, if I still want one at eight o'clock, I'll have a beef stick because I was just like I wanted to eat something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's me all the time.
Speaker 2: Where I'll be like, I want a beef stick if it and I would even wait, I wouldn't say like, well, in a half an hour, if I'm still hungry, I'll just go in eat a beef stick. Right now, I'm like hyperfixated on those stupid little one packages of seaweed, the like chewable seed.
Speaker 4: What I don't know anyways that you made fun of me for eating these pieces of seaweed.
Speaker 1: You're like, are they chips? They're like chips. They're like you gave me some Yeah they were Okay.
Speaker 2: They're so that just tastes like you know, the seeds like salty seaweed.
Speaker 4: Exactly.
Speaker 2: It's delicious, and so I'll look at it if I'm if I walk by my kitchen, I'm like my cat where it's like, oh, you're walking near the kitchen. Does that mean there's food? And that's what my brain says. It's like, oh, I'm walking near the kitchen. I see food, so I'm going to eat it. So that's why I have an alarm that says, girl, shut your pie hole, stop eating, because I feel like that's probably what you're supposed to do.
Speaker 1: I got no advice for you. I mean, I could give you advice that I don't follow myself. Somebody once said, if you really are hungry, have it. If you're so hungry, hungry enough to eat an apple, then you're really hungry, have an apple. But an apple is never like, first of all, you might not have them around and an apple never sounds better than a beef stick.
Speaker 4: No, And are you hungry or are you bored? That's what I'm right.
Speaker 3: I'm like, are you hungry? Or have I just been sitting around for a while at my house and I'm like, what's in the fridge? Let me look for the hundredth time today? Maybe I was just gonna start chewing gum all the time?
Speaker 1: Do we eat?
Speaker 4: Sensation?
Speaker 1: We were asking whether that hole don't eat like an hour before you go to bed, whether it's true. A couple of text messages. Here's one says, I googled it, and yes, it is true. You shouldn't eat two hours before going to bed? Uh two hours?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I set my alarm further.
Speaker 1: Another's text says one hundred percent tro It was called intermittent fasting. Your feeding windows should be between seven and nine hours. I mean ideally, yeah, but that means say, if you get up at six in the morning, yeah, you can only eat until one See I don't that doesn't sound healthy either yet, but that does?
Speaker 2: That also mean then don't if you wake up at six in the morning, don't eat until you.
Speaker 4: Know ninety morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, I do know somebody who did like really strict intermittent fasting and lost a ton of weight, and then the second he stopped doing it, he found all of it again.
Speaker 1: All of that usually do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So anyway, I'm just human, you guys, I'm just like you.
Speaker 4: Know that you are celebrities.
Speaker 1: It's true. The Dave Ryan Show one on one point three kd WB. I wish we could avoid all Taylor Swift stories, but there's so many stories about her today that we got to cover a few of them anyway, and then we will move on to some other things, because there are other things going on in the world besides just Taylor Swift. But let's start off. Taylor Swift is setting records with the release of her twelfth album, The Life of a show Girl. More than twelve one point I'm sorry one point two million vinyl copies have been sold, which is a record in the modern era. There's pushback that Taylor is cashing in from two dozen variants, and we've been saying this for a long time. She's offering twelve unique CDs, eight LPs, two deluxe CD box sets containing merch and a cassette of the Life of a Showgirl. She does not get any blowback for being a billionaire that is still doing a cash grab, and that annoys me a little bit. I like Taylor, and I think she's so talented and smart, but at the same time, she's doing exactly what people accuse rich people of doing, just money grabbing. Yeah, you know, like people who own like ski resorts. Do they really need to charge two hundred and thirty dollars for a one day lift ticket. No they don't, but they'll go ahead and do it because you'll spend the money on it.
Speaker 2: So a personal grudge against a two hundred and thirty dollars lift.
Speaker 1: Ticket, it's ridiculous. They were thirteen and a half cents and they gave you half a penny back in your chain.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 1: Jenny went by Target and there's still a stack of merchant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's plenty of vinyls and CDs and stuff.
Speaker 4: I was looking at it.
Speaker 3: I was still almost tempted to buy a vinyl, honestly, but I wasn't one of the special edition ones.
Speaker 4: I was like, no, I can't do that.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, I'm part of the money grab because I was like part of the problem sort of, except for I didn't actually purchase anything. But ye know, there's plenty of options you can go. You can go get whatever you need from Target right now. Still, but I mean more Taylor Swift to news is the fact that she's on the Tonight show tonight, I think tonight, and it says that she's gonna be Yeah, so obviously she'd be talking about her engagement and her new album and everything. And then I guess a TikTok dance inspired the music video for the Fate of Ophelia, so we'll learn all about that as well.
Speaker 1: By the way, she did not show up on Saturday Night Live.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that's right.
Speaker 1: There's speculation, the speculation she was going to be in New York she might as well show up, and she did not.
Speaker 3: There was I did see something over the weekend that said, so Mattie Healy's mom went on Andy Cohen's show What Watch What Happens Live, and she kind of shaded Taylor and was like, I'm so happy I'm not gonna have to be her mother in law and stuff. And so she did all this press over in like London, in England area, and there was kind of some speculation of if she went over there because that's where there she's from the Mom. Okay, to kind of cover her tracks of like the mom talking ish about her and to like give the fancy damage control exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Interesting.
Speaker 2: In other news, Lady Gaga has teased her brand new project. She was on Stephen Colbert the other day and she says, what I really want to be is a mom.
Speaker 4: That's my next starring role. I hope.
Speaker 2: So not an actual project, but a potential motherhood.
Speaker 1: Hey got her, Yeah, she's done everything else. She's like, you know what it is, Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: She's probably like thirty six, thirty seven, maybe just take close to forty.
Speaker 4: Really, I think she's thirty nine thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's been around a while. She's been around since like two thousand and six or seven. I remember she came to jingle Ball or Star Party and we're like, Lady Gaga, who's that? That's a dumb name. She's not gonna last now, Well she I think she.
Speaker 3: Was at jingle Ball, but I thought that she was already pretty big by that point.
Speaker 1: No, no, nobody knew who she was. Yeah, she was on the bill with like Calise who did Milkshake or something like that.
Speaker 4: Wow, that time my winning song Wednesday. Don't take it? Okay, ok yeah, okay take it?
Speaker 1: What else is going on? Spring to Carpenter's saying that that don't impress me much. With Shania Twain and just for fun, here's a little clip.
Speaker 4: That don't christy much.
Speaker 1: Okay. I love concert audio that's not recorded through Jessica's cell phone because most concert audio sounds like garbage. But that sounded good.
Speaker 4: Was good.
Speaker 7: Tim Curry, who was a legendary actor you might know from Home Alone or it. He hasn't been in the limelight since I think twenty twelve because he had a stroke and he was found it a very very He was seen for the first time and I don't know how long. The other day he said, quote, I still can't walk, which I'm in this silly chair and that's very limiting. So I won't be singing and I won't be dancing very soon. I still have real problems with my left leg. Tim Curry is a legend man. Yeah, if you look up Tim Curry you'll know exactly who I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: He was in Home Alone.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he was the guy that worked at the I think the bell hoop guy and.
Speaker 1: One lost in New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I think where he was was that like a rocky horror picture show, some sort of thing for that this weekend.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love Tim Curry.
Speaker 2: He's also in Muppet Treasure Islands, so many icons.
Speaker 1: Of course, you know that that is funny. Lowly Young has gone to court to refute claims by a musician named Carter Lang that he deserves writing credits on four of her songs, including Messy. I could spend a half an hour talking about hole the whole song writing credit thing, because a lot of artists you get a clip of this messy sure up. The the whole songwriting business is really interesting because the songwriters will write these amazing songs for an artist, but if they want the top tier artist to sing their song, they've got to give that artist an undeserved songwriting credit. So, in other words, let's pick pick an artist. Let's name just name somebody. Okay, No, Neil Diamond writes his own songs, wrote.
Speaker 4: Read wrote, I'm a believer.
Speaker 1: I think I knew that. But let's say justin Timberlake, Okay, justin Timberlake. Let's say if he wants, there's a wonderful songwriter named Amy Adams if he wants an Amy Adams song on his album that or she wants to record she wants her song on his album. Because that's credibility. She's got to offer him a free, undeserved songwriter credit when he didn't do anything. You know where he was that day? I I he was at I Hoop having.
Speaker 4: Breakfast unless pancakes nice.
Speaker 1: Absolutely right. Yeah, half of the dirt is made up, by the way, completely fifty percent of Dave's dirt is made up. I got one more story I want to run by. It's kind of funny. The lamp theory explains why it's so hard to find a good partner. The lamp theory.
Speaker 8: Finding a good partner is like finding a good lamp. When you're furnishing your first apartment. You don't really have that many standards for the lamp. Besides provides light and doesn't cost too much, you'll probably buy the first one you see. Fast forward, though, if you spend ten years curating an aesthetic building your house, now it really does matter.
Speaker 4: What the lamp looks like.
Speaker 8: There's a lot more in your life and in your home that can clash with it. You might really have trouble just taking one off the shelf. And that's what it's like to date. As you get older, you're trying to find someone more successful than yourself, which just gets harder the higher and higher.
Speaker 1: Up you go, Wow, why do you need to find somebody more successful than yourself?
Speaker 2: I don't necessarily agree with that part, but the rest of that information seem pretty good, pretty accurate.
Speaker 1: But you'll grab any lamp. Yeah, like your mom's old lamp.
Speaker 2: That target lamp that has the two like moveable arms on it.
Speaker 4: And everyone had that lamp.
Speaker 2: And because that's the first lamp you buy in college, different colors exactly exactly that lamp, and now everyone has, you know, their own lamps that fit their aesthetic.
Speaker 4: I cannot.
Speaker 3: I have not bought a lamp for my nightstand from the time I moved in because I can't find the right lamp.
Speaker 4: It has to fit, it does have to fit right. And now, oh no, but that a sign. I think that's a sign that you'll be alone forever.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jenny, you had a good run, though, I did it. While that is the dirt brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lambers injury Law. I don't know what it is about weekends. But we get emails over the weekend where people go, I go to tell you the story. I got to tell you what happened to me.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And so then we call them on Monday morning and we say will you tell their story on the radio, and they always say no, I don't want to. Not always, but Erica agreed to tell her story. I got your email, Erica. We're live on KATWB right now. Go ahead and tell me your story that you just had to share on Katie wud be Hi, Erica, Hi, talk to me about good what happened that you wanted to share?
Speaker 6: Okay? Well, so I have this babysitting dob because, like I, it was from an acquaintance. I met them at a friend's birthday party and I really hit it off with their kid, Mollie. Okay, so Mollie so like they you know, and I experienced like I babysat before. So I went over a babysat. We had a great time, I thought, you know, and then they paid me. I left and then I texted them like we had everything went great with Mollie, like, love to babysit for you again anytime. Let me know and then they just ghost to me, like I never heard any feedback, nothing.
Speaker 1: Like, how long has it been.
Speaker 6: It's been two weeks.
Speaker 1: Oh, two weeks. Okay, Well maybe they just don't need another babysitter. I mean it's very possible when they go though. Yeah, because some people just don't answer text messages hashtag my son Chase.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's like a close person who like you're going to forgive. I feel like you do respond to people who are just like acquaintances.
Speaker 4: It's like a courtesy to at least be like, yeah, no problem, it was fun.
Speaker 3: Eventually, maybe you forget a day for a day, but eventually you respond.
Speaker 1: You steal anything from their house, you go through their jewelry. No, no, okay, all right, I'm just checking.
Speaker 2: Steal a wood my timeond earrings are gone, right, yeah?
Speaker 1: No know, is that unusual? Is that it happened? I mean, I don't know. I mean, maybe they're just bad. Do you think that they think you did a bad job? Maybe Molly filed the bad report.
Speaker 4: Yeah, my babysitter sucked.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't let me need anything I wanted.
Speaker 6: The only thing I can think of is like after them only went to sleep, I drank a.
Speaker 9: Glass of wine.
Speaker 6: But I mean they were like helping yourself to anything that, like if you want to snack whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but usually when you have a babysitter, you're like, yeah, we got sandwiches, we got fritos, there's a can of pringles in the in the cupboard.
Speaker 4: Help yourself, yeah, whatever you want, make yourself at home.
Speaker 3: I would never go and like help myself to a glass of wine, though, but.
Speaker 4: They can't falter if she did. They said help yourself.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just feel like there's like a limit though. I kind of agree you should help yourself a.
Speaker 1: Shot a tequila, Like, well, you know, Motley's in bed, let's time, but let's do some patron So let me ask you quit? Did you so? Did you leave the half full bottle of wine on the kitchen counter?
Speaker 6: Well no, that's I felt weird, like leaving it an open bottle of wine, you know, so I just took it.
Speaker 9: I like took it with me just to not like there's a problem.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that was poot. You're absolutely right. I think that they see it as like the babysitter Erica walk off with a bottle of wine.
Speaker 4: See I in my brain.
Speaker 1: It might be expensive wine. Do you know anything about wine?
Speaker 4: She knows it was good.
Speaker 1: Okay, what'd you say?
Speaker 10: Baby?
Speaker 2: I just think if it was me, I would be anxious. Like the wine thing. Clearly it didn't even occur to her until we brought it up, like what did you do? Because like I would be racking my brain. What is it that I did? Are they watching me? Or were they watching me? And maybe I don't know. The way I played with Molly on the floor wasn't up to their standard.
Speaker 4: But then why wouldn't they communicate that? Why would they just ghost? That's what I think is a weird thing.
Speaker 3: Well, probably because they're new acquaintances, so they're like, yeah, whatever, oh yeah, like nothing bad is coming out of this.
Speaker 4: We just don't have to talk to her again.
Speaker 1: I would think the same thing if you took a bag of pringle a bag of Frito Scoops because they're delicious. But if you open up a bag of Frito Scoops and it was gone, I'd be like, bitch, took my Frido scoops? Why you know, help yourself? Yeah, but not the whole bag. I know what bottle of wine is different. I don't know if this happened to you. If you're I'm gonna get you're at least twenty one, right, Erica, Yeah, okay, they'd be really off if you were sixteen. So I don't know if you're a mom or dad. He had somebody come babysitting and they drank a bottle of wine and then walked off with it. Maybe that's what it is.
Speaker 2: By the somebody did text and saying if she took the bottle, maybe they think she drank the whole thing.
Speaker 7: Maybe that's the only thing I'm giving her, But I'm not faulting her for They said help yourself, which is what I'm going to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think that the concern is like, did she get drunk while she was watching a kid like drove.
Speaker 1: Alas exactly right. I think that's it's a bunch of text messages. And this is what I thought. Even if the kids are in bed, If Molly's in bed and it's eleven thirty at night and you crack open a bottle of wine, you're still responsible if there's a fire, if there's something that's going on, or Molly wakes up screaming because she had a nightmare and you come up there and you're half in the bag. I wouldn't have you come back either. And I don't know how much wine you drank. The entire bottle is missing.
Speaker 4: But then, like Bailey said, they should communicate that. Or but here's here's what I wonder.
Speaker 2: Should Erica tell them that she only had one glass of wine?
Speaker 4: Or should she just let it be ghosted and that's over?
Speaker 1: You know, it depends. I mean, it depends on Eric. If you don't mind losing this relationship, then big deal. But if you want to, like at least stand up for yourself, say hey, yeah, I'm what is everything? Okay? I did have half a glass of wine, But then you took the bottle with you, took it with you. You took the bottle with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, might have wanted to leave it behind and been like, hey, I open this.
Speaker 4: Maybe you guys should drink some. Yeah it looks good.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know what, they came home, Maybe they thought that you smelled of wine. It's like, you know, what if you like, did you put the man? There's so many questions. I think the big lesson here is don't drink while you're babysitting, unless it's like a family's kid and you you know what's going on.
Speaker 2: I just I want to say one thing, like to defend her a little bit, is that people are texting you being like, why would you ever drink wine when you're watching someone's kid?
Speaker 4: Why would you ever?
Speaker 2: But like parents drink and when they're with their kids, when they're parenting.
Speaker 1: So like I think, but you're not hired.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're not hired.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying, like, I don't want to say I can't believe she drank in the presence of children.
Speaker 4: People drink in the presence of children all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so I get like, yeah, you're hired, and yeah, if you need to go somewhere, But people drink in the presence of children.
Speaker 4: So I don't want to be like, she's an alcoholic, she had a glass of wine. I can't believe it. She's endangered this child.
Speaker 1: I would think that I would just resist, you know what I mean. It's like I don't yeah, I just it's like if you can't go without a glass of wine for the six hours or so that you're babysitting, I don't know. Erica, I would say, lesson learned, do what you want as far as contacting them, But I would say that our lesson is just don't drink their wine while you're babysitting.
Speaker 4: Or at least not take the bottle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, bring your own Erica, good luck, thanks for being on the show. It's katible to be text messages say full time nanny here. Fully they know she took that. That's the reason they're not going to respond. Even if Molly woke up, she is still responsible. It could be potentially drunk. Nope, drinking the wine and then taking the bottle was wild. Another one it's super weird that she would take the bottle.
Speaker 7: So what if she takes the bottle back and says, sorry about it? You want to have a glass and over this.
Speaker 4: Two weeks.
Speaker 1: Another one says, although they're not close friends, it's a first impression thing. Yeah, if that's your first impression is babysit the kids as you took a bottle of wine. Yeah, you're probably not going to come back. And I'm not going to text you and tell you you're not coming back. You're just not coming back. Vant is here. Vant loves to stir that pot. Oh, he loves to rile you up. I remember the time he told us that the Earth was flat, and then I think another time he was talking about how we never went to the moon. Then he was talking about how kem trails are real. It's all things I've said, What what is on your mind today?
Speaker 7: I'm the guy at the restaurant that takes twenty years to decide what I want. Then when the waiter comes, tell me which one is better, the strawberry margarita or the.
Speaker 4: Mocktail, and they'll get So.
Speaker 7: I can tell my girlfriend Alyssa, but I can also look at the waiter's face and say they're both equally as pissed off, because don't.
Speaker 1: Be that guy.
Speaker 4: But that's that's who I am.
Speaker 1: I'm not and I'm proud of wife. Susan's the same way, really, and it's like, okay, first of all, the server has not had every item on the menu most times.
Speaker 3: Usually actually they have to. That's like part of your training, you have to try everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so what's better the buffalo chicken wrap or the Paddy melt or shut up and decide?
Speaker 7: I'm sure Bailey, because Bailey and I have gon out for Margarita's right here.
Speaker 4: Roho.
Speaker 7: I've been like which one is sweeter, the strawberry or the dragon threw berry, And they'll just look at me like um, and they'll try to come up with an answer to be kind, but I can tell they're just like, bitch, hurry up. Yeah, but I'll do it almost every restaurant because I'm picky.
Speaker 1: You guys know that about that. I don't your experiment a little bit. You know what if you get the one that's a little less sweet whatever, it's like, okay, well, yeah, it's an adventure. That's what dining out is, just trying different things.
Speaker 4: What is the problem with it?
Speaker 11: Like?
Speaker 7: Why did people have an issue with it? I know you want to hurry up and get your meal, but like, I'm genuinely curious. I want to spend money on something that I know is gonna be good.
Speaker 2: I The only time I really do it, and then I honestly get kind of disgruntled, is when I'm at like a brewery and they'll say what kind of beer.
Speaker 4: Do you want?
Speaker 2: And I'll be like, hmmm, I don't know, and I'm looking at it thinking like none of these sound good, and they're like, well, what kind of beers do you like? And I list off everything that I like and they're like, hmm, maybe this one. I'm like, how do you not know when you're in a specialty situation like beer? Like if you went to a place that only served cocktails and didn't know anything about any of the cocktails, what on earth?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 2: Then Yeah, it's annoying it that you can't make a suggestion to your crew.
Speaker 7: When I worked at ihop in high school, people would ask me like, what's your favorite or maybe I think they would order something and I'd be like, ooh, that's my favorite. And this one couple called me out. They were like, you said that was your favorite last week, now it's this one, and You're like damn, oh no, Like I'm just saying anything.
Speaker 1: Shues will be like, so what is banner? Is the parmesan or the Tonka wings? Tonka wings? Every time? By the way ikes in Minetaka, Yeah you love it there, but it just like it. She'll be like m okaymm, and the service like do you need a few more minutes?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: And I'm like let God, And then Susan pisses you off. You're like I just want to or because you know what you eat?
Speaker 1: God. Jenny you'r serfer way in on this one. You would get annoyed when people like vant go which is bill.
Speaker 3: I prefer that because if the if the person has a good dining experience, that usually means that I'm going to get a good tipe.
Speaker 4: So like, I absolutely.
Speaker 3: Love when people ask me for recommendations, and I feel like that always helps in a situation because the servers do know what the best things are on the menu.
Speaker 1: Have you ever told the customer it's like, you know what, No, I really wouldn't get the shrimp pasta because it's not so good.
Speaker 4: I have said certain things. I have said that, and I've.
Speaker 1: Had service do that.
Speaker 3: I think the only time servers are ever shady is if you're debating between like something that's seven dollars and something that's like twenty five. Yeah, and it's like, well, I want to make some money, so likest amazing, Like I might go with the high price item versus the lower prices.
Speaker 7: I appreciate as a customer to all the servers out there, I appreciate when you are honest with me about like, no, this one's not my favorite, because it lets me know that you're not just saying this is good, This is good, This is good. Let me know you're being real and I appreciate that ten times more.
Speaker 1: Do you ever have anything like Okay, push the meat loaf, Jenny, we got to freeze her full of meat loaf. You gotta push the meat loaf, not pa.
Speaker 4: I can't speak for all restaurants.
Speaker 3: I've only worked at two different ones, but no, we did not have anything like that.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised people are texting saying they're on my side.
Speaker 7: But my girlfriend Alyssa, she says it's one of her biggest digs about me that I say, what's better the parmesan garlic or the postile for you?
Speaker 4: She wants you to have your mind made. Thank yous. So she's rushing me.
Speaker 1: Okay, Monsters the pod. I'm so looking forward to this part of the show because we've been talking about Jenny's mom. Cindy. Yeah, where's her theme song? We got to get some sexy music out.
Speaker 4: It's on your I had it last time out and down below.
Speaker 1: Hi, Cindy.
Speaker 9: Friday.
Speaker 1: Maybe so Cindy, what would you say along?
Speaker 4: I don't try to make any I was.
Speaker 1: So Cindy. This is Genny's mama and Cindy had not had a date in a in a long time, and sometimes single moms are want to do. Uh. So you had a date on Friday night, right Saturday, Saturday night?
Speaker 11: Yes, I did.
Speaker 1: Well, let's hear about nervous. Tell me about your day leading up to it. You're nervous. Did you try on different clothing? What did you do?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: No, the outfit was kicked out. I had mastered the talk, you know, into the jeans with the top. It was eighty five degrees out and my hair kept falling. So I kept getting proud from my daughter to hold it up. And yeah, yeah, she was great.
Speaker 3: I saw a video of her and mommy looked very beautiful.
Speaker 1: Okay, so the young man picks you up? Did he pick you up? Did young man? Did he hold the door for you on this? On the car?
Speaker 11: He he opened the door for me. He had a jeep wrangler.
Speaker 9: Okay, okay, And then I had to come and find out my neighbors were peering out their front window.
Speaker 1: Everybody wants to know, Sandy, We all want to know. You were the hot neighborhood gossa show which vf W did you go to?
Speaker 11: It was a nice steakhouse, the whole first thing, sat down, said so, hi, my name is Cindy Luttenberger, and I'm shaking his hand. I go, so, what is your last name? And then he told me, So I got his last name. That's a good.
Speaker 4: Now you can talk him on the internet.
Speaker 1: So you're sitting down, you're at a booth or you're at a table, and and so what do you two kids talk about during dinner?
Speaker 4: Oh, we will.
Speaker 11: We talked a ton before at the bar and then just you know, eating was awkward. Talking about serving. I done it, and I'm totally with Yvonne. I always ask what's the best food? Our young man server brings out the steak and the walley and he goes, he sets it down and goes just to let you know.
Speaker 9: It was a little bit hairy back in the kitchen, so.
Speaker 11: This might all be overdone. And so and so my Dave date looks up and says, why would he say that. I think he was more upset because he wanted this great meal to come in. And I immediately flaked my walley and it was fine, and he cut into the steak.
Speaker 9: And it was a medium just like he ordered.
Speaker 1: So now here's the way, Yes, continue talk about.
Speaker 11: Okay, everything everything.
Speaker 9: I asked him questions about him, that's all.
Speaker 11: He goes, well, you tell me about you, and I'm.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, nobody's asking me.
Speaker 9: No, it's questions.
Speaker 11: You know, I don't you know, I like to knowwbook.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 11: I don't dwell on myself very well. So anyway, it was a conversation went really long before dinner, then during dinner, and then.
Speaker 9: After drink, goes, well, what do you want to do?
Speaker 11: I said, what do you want to do? So we just headed back to.
Speaker 9: Town, went to this great place I've never been to.
Speaker 1: Okay, sorry, okay, so you let the restaurant you go? Where did you go?
Speaker 11: It's an an alehouse. I don't know. It's a little bar with an outdoor sitting area where they had to have a summer. So we sat down on this like park bench. It was really comfy and just listened to the reggae band for I don't know, hour and a half.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 11: I think it was eleven thirty when they closed down. And then he goes, what do you want to do now, Let's check out the new brewery in town. Go up to the front door, private party, can't go there, So we went to nice a nice bar, and I, you know, and since I'm old and I can't hear well, I ended up sitting really close to him so I could hear your words.
Speaker 1: Sure. Yeah, but by the way, if you just if you're just listening. This is Jenny's mother, Cindy, who's not had a date, you know, in a while. It's been a little while, and she had a long time okay, tried and then so for Saturday night she had a date. So she's given us the rundown. So Third Bar is a restaurant bar, Third Bar, and it's getting late.
Speaker 11: Now, five drinks, then go out to pull a show on my phone, so show them a picture and my phone. My phone's not in my purse. Holy crap, my business is on my phone. So we walked back to the place where the reggae band was and it wasn't there. And then we went in his jeep and it was in the jeep.
Speaker 4: The thank goodness, Jesus.
Speaker 1: Cut to the end of the date. Did you come home that night?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 11: My daughter didn't think I was going to, but I did. I took him up on the pool and the moon was shining.
Speaker 1: Wait, wait, wait, back up. So you took him up on the pool.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a big deck around the pool.
Speaker 11: I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't you have a you have a pool in the backyard. So you and this gentleman get up on the back deck. You probably each got a cocktail in your hand too.
Speaker 11: No, no, no, he just said, I'll walk you to the door. And then I proceeded to tell him about how the switch is broken on the pool. And he's handy.
Speaker 9: Oh my god, he's handy. He can do anything. And so then he said, well, I could fix that for I didn't say that for you to have you fix that for me, you know.
Speaker 11: So, and guess what else?
Speaker 6: Guess what else?
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 9: He is two years younger.
Speaker 11: Than I thought he was.
Speaker 9: That's me, not here.
Speaker 11: He's two freaking years.
Speaker 9: Younger than I thought he was.
Speaker 1: That's okay, that's.
Speaker 4: Eight years younger than you.
Speaker 11: Total nine total nine deckade though born in the same decade, So that's fine. And he said, it's just the number. And oh my gosh, she loves to be outside. He loves to He doesn't like to sit still, right, Jenny.
Speaker 4: She doesn't sit still.
Speaker 9: Oh, so I said, we can all be horizontal when we're dead, right, right, So yeah, it was really nice, you know, and I just know.
Speaker 11: Okay, go ahead, ask me.
Speaker 1: Did you kiss him?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: I gave him a really, I gave him a hug when he picked me up, and I gave him a hug.
Speaker 2: When you spent that much time with him and you didn't kiss him, Mom, you spend hours with this man.
Speaker 4: He should have made and he you didn't.
Speaker 1: He got you wal eye.
Speaker 4: He should have said, if you want your phone back, kiss me.
Speaker 7: Ye me.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't believe you spent like six hours with this man and you didn't.
Speaker 1: Eight eight hours.
Speaker 4: That's a day, said, that's a work day, that's a old day. And you didn't kiss him.
Speaker 11: No, Billy, did you kiss your date?
Speaker 4: I spent two hours with him. That's honestly eight hours for bay pwer hop around the whole town. Indeed, when is.
Speaker 11: The next quickie? Quiki?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 11: Yesterday morning, I'm exhausted, no sleep. I asked my son in law, Do I text him and tell my I had a nice time?
Speaker 9: He goes, I'd wait till monday, but I don't know. I don't did I'm married?
Speaker 6: So he text me.
Speaker 9: And said, I had a great time and it was so sweet.
Speaker 11: So yeah, we're going to do something next weekend.
Speaker 4: Do you know Friday or Saturday? Like when? Because I got to write it in my planner.
Speaker 11: Well probably, although I'm moving my daughter out of the house, so that's another big life change.
Speaker 4: He can do that.
Speaker 9: No, she can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, So since so you have another date probably coming up this.
Speaker 11: Weekend most likely.
Speaker 1: Okay, very good. You're gonna have to get Let me ask you a question. Are you going to shave your legs before this date?
Speaker 11: Like I said, every day?
Speaker 3: Yeah, she has been every day, just in case she runs into them because they run in the same circles.
Speaker 4: Okay, their circles, their jobs.
Speaker 1: Wow wow, Okay, Well, Cindy can listen. Listen to how happy and smitten she is with this young fella, and it sounds like there's a little chemistry, a little spark. Let me tell you, you do not go on an eight hour date unless you're having a great time. You'll say something like, oh, it's getting late, it's nearly nine. I better get home and let my dog out. Yeah, yeah, better better buy out of here. Bye, Cindy.
Speaker 11: I was tired, but I said no, let's just keep going.
Speaker 1: Good for you. Wow, get it, get it. So happy for you.
Speaker 3: I didn't know any of these details. I've been waiting patiently all morning to hear she didn't you tell us.
Speaker 4: We're in a group chat with my sisters and I and I.
Speaker 3: She was like, tune into the day ride Joe to hear you say your.
Speaker 1: Mom's date as an official a a r P member. Her date was more exciting than your two dates put together.
Speaker 4: That is very true. Yeah, she had much more fun.
Speaker 1: I think. Yeah, love you, Cindy. Have a great week. We'll talk to you this weekend, okay, or more on Friday or when we're going to catch up.
Speaker 9: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Wow, your mom sounds hot. By the way, she's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: She was, Yeah, she has a lot of fun. She's very chatty, as you can tell. That's where I get it from. And she's yeah, she had a great time. I'm so happy for her.
Speaker 1: Okay, so cool. Nice job.
Speaker 7: Can ever you guys have coffee that caught Yeah, thank god, you've been suffering from all the coffee and this this rancid kitchen office came up.
Speaker 10: Boom boom boom, Yeah, Cara boo yeah that Caraboo put it down. You got it, drink that coffee.
Speaker 4: Some enterty Cariboo. Caraboo, Cariboo, everyone brought it in.
Speaker 1: I was like, I was honestly saying, until thank you Cariboo holding it up to the camera over here. Yeah, we were complaining last week that our that our coffee here at the office is really bad. So Cariboo came to our rescue. Thank you Cariboo. Hey, by the way, I am a proud Perks member. Are you guys a Perks member over Caribou?
Speaker 11: I am?
Speaker 1: So when I pull up their thanks for coming to the chan Hansen Caribou cabin. You'd like to check in with your perks number? And I proudly go, y know, so I will, And then I give them my number and they have it in their system. What my usual order is. It's amazing.
Speaker 6: So you order?
Speaker 3: I don't know because I think you. I don't know what I I don't think this is. Yeah, I don't know either. Well they'll find out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, might be switched.
Speaker 1: By the way, there's a Basically everybody can get a free Cariboo copy from Caribou, download their app, or go to their website sign up for the Cariboo Poops Perk Poops Cariboo Perks account. You get a free medium drink after your first purchase just to the text the word perks to seven six two Cariboo.
Speaker 4: Can I also say you can still do the trivia on the app?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 4: The trivia that they have in the window, yep, and that they have in the window to get ten cents off. You can still do that on the app.
Speaker 1: Okay? So yeah, if you join and you earn all the points, then eventually you get like a free coffee and you're like, do I have enough points for a pre coffee? Or the Barisha will say you get enough points? Do you want this for free?
Speaker 4: Yes? And on your birthday too?
Speaker 1: Exactly right? All right, It's Motivational Monday coming up in a second on KDWB. This one hits hard. You might not like this Motivational Monday. You might like muh doc darsian to prior to me. I'll let you hear it next on KDWB.