Speaker 1: Mojo in the Morning Show Mojo and Shannon Kevin, Anna Bianca, zach Lydia. Good to have you guys here. Can I ask you guys a question? Love it? Do you guys ever still write in cursive? Do you guys ever do aside from your signature?
Speaker 2: Okay? Uh No?
Speaker 1: I rarely write period.
Speaker 3: My kids in school, my grandma still, you don't write anything like I have.
Speaker 1: I have, you know, my paper and pen here that I write. Yeah, And I also have a notable which is like kind of like an iPad that keeps notes, and then I will send notes. But I when I write, I write printing wise. Same.
Speaker 4: The only person I know who only writes in cursive is my momsive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The reason I bring this up is my sister Mary Joe is a manager of a bakery for a grocery store chain. We don't have this chain here in uh In Michigan. But she got she got reprimanded and written up by her bosses. And the thing was, she was reprimanded and written up because she had to leave for the day and she left notes on what needed to be done, and when she wrote, when she wrote the notes for her employees, she wrote it incursive, and they told her that that that was not appropriate to do.
Speaker 3: When they wrote her up. Was it in print or actually it's print. I actually sent a picture of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which don't don't post it because I don't want my sister to get in more trouble by posting.
Speaker 2: It's the dumbest thing ever.
Speaker 1: It basically said on the side it said it said note prior. What does this say? Harry says, please print when writing instructions to make things more clearer, to make sorry, Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm looking at this now. First off, she has amazing handwriting, she does, doesn't she. Second, it's like cursive slash print. It's kind of like a mix and it.
Speaker 2: Is very very legible.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Can I read what she wrote?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe not after you've finished.
Speaker 3: The other items on the back wall of freezer are the single count cake slices, small long boxes bring to shop, put in our cooler. You should be able to get anything done. You should get everything that lead the sheets on the counter.
Speaker 5: Wait, did you see the note up there?
Speaker 3: Someone else write there smile please prints?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was written by Yeah, that was the general manager that did that. When did they stop teaching this like what, like, what are stuff that that they're Because I've been in school and forever, and I still remember when the kid's math was completely different than my math, which I never understood why they changed the math like it. It never seemed to me to make things faster or easier. It made it was kind of just like some guy thought of something different. It's kind of like in church when they changed the responses that we had in the Catholic Church. And also with you and you know what I mean, and with your spirit, you know, it's like, why do we have to change the stuff. We don't need to change this. We've been doing it for so long. Let's keep it the same. Jesus, I'm right exactly. Jesus is still saying it the way he's saying it.
Speaker 3: The last time I did curse it was probably like sixth grade maybe, and then it just went away for some reason.
Speaker 1: Nobody ever talked about it.
Speaker 2: He waits, because you type everything.
Speaker 1: Wait. So they stopped it when you were in school.
Speaker 3: I thought so for a fact, when I was like eighth grade going to ninth grade. We didn't do it in eighth grade. I know that for sure.
Speaker 1: When did you get a computer in school, Like when did you actually physically because I had I had Texas instrument calculator that was probably the extent of mind like a personal computer, just a computer in the class. Like when did you finally start using computers in your school?
Speaker 3: I know for a fact we had one in sixth grade because I remember playing Peaches and Cream the video in the beck in his red class.
Speaker 1: But it was in the like I had a school. I had a computer in the school lab. Yeah, computer lab. Yeah. I never had like the actual like like my you know kids, actually I don't think Joe maybe not Joe, but Jacob and Luke I know, always got like they got like whatever, their Microsoft tablets or something that they could take home because I remember I had to pay for them at the end of the year because they aft them up. We really Oh they had microstoft. Yeah, we take homes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a computer lab and then some classes had like a computer in there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I remember that. I remember when you got to go to computer lab. That was the most exciting time ever, you know, but you didn't back then, we didn't look for porn.
Speaker 3: I was about to say, they didn't have any restrictions.
Speaker 2: Ye we had.
Speaker 4: We had like a keyboarding class and that's where missus GLASKI.
Speaker 2: Yes, he taught us. This is weird.
Speaker 5: Why I took typing in high school and it was coach Styler And half the time we would end up typing his lesson plans for his other classes.
Speaker 3: Like that would be like thing, all right here, you come up parent type. The gym teacher was the no coach Styler. Coach Styler taught uh, he taught typing, he taught business, and he was the basketball coach. We had to print the schedules out, did everything. Yeah, he was the varsity basketball coach. What's what's going on?
Speaker 1: To call?
Speaker 6: Hey Mojoe, good morning everyone.
Speaker 1: Good morning, what's happening?
Speaker 6: I just wanted to say, I'm a very rebellious soul.
Speaker 7: So you tell me to do something, I do the opposite.
Speaker 1: And if I would have got written up over.
Speaker 2: The way that I wrote, all hell would have broke Lewis.
Speaker 3: I would have been a rebellious bad mouth and person that day, because that is wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my sister is very you know, much similar to you, like where she does not like to be told, you know, like to her, that's common sense, Like okay, I wrote in cursive. I get some people might have a problem with this, but to write up over that, but but I I will tell you that it is interesting to know that there are some people that just wouldn't know how to read it, you know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I would have told them a buck up, buttercup and learn how to read cursive.
Speaker 7: Because uh, it's twenty twenty six.
Speaker 8: There's still a.
Speaker 1: Lot of people that write and cursor.
Speaker 6: My customers write checks and cursive all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not all cursive is may equally who writes checks though, like some cursive is is more difficult to read than other cursives. Like your sisters, that's a very legible cursive writing there. Sometimes my grandma will write and it's very difficult sometimes read.
Speaker 1: You know, it's tough for me when I see social media post and it's in Spanish or it's Arabic different. Well no, if you're a but you're on I'm on like some of our posts, some of our posts and they're written because they they're listeners that listen to us or that have that speak a different language, and I have to hit push these translations see translations. Have you seen that at all ever? On some of our books.
Speaker 2: Well, of course that's hard for you.
Speaker 1: I know I understand that, but I can't understand. I try to read the Spanish one. But here's the thing, though, I tried to read the Spanish one because I can understand in a lot of cases when somebody is speaking Spanish, I know what they're talking about just because I know certain words. But I try to see if I can read it too. What's going on? Cam? I know, no, you know what take it. I'm taking a couple of classes at O c C this year. What's going on? How you doing? Cam?
Speaker 6: Hello, Hi, hi Ola, good morning. My name's not Cam, so that's why I got confused.
Speaker 1: So I apologies. What is your name?
Speaker 6: It's Tracy.
Speaker 1: Actually, what's happened?
Speaker 6: Good morning to Well. I work at a school. I'm not a teacher, but I do see I have interaction with a lot of kids and unfortunately, they don't do nothing with a pencil anymore. It's all on the tablet. You never see the kids walking around with pencil and a piece of paper to do anything. And I don't even know if they would know how to write curso.
Speaker 1: How do they get lead poisoning?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 1: If that's the case, I want, do you remember when you were a kid and some kid like stabbed himself with a pencil. It's in the water, not Yeah.
Speaker 6: I remember putting glue on your hand and pulling the glue off your hand and eating it too. If you remember that.
Speaker 1: We used to sniff glue, we didn't really I was a marker sniffer? Were you?
Speaker 9: I loveds I remember that we used to have to have a number two pencil, and I used to think that if you didn't use a number two pencil it would not scan or whatever that if they told you, yeah, what's going on?
Speaker 1: Sarah?
Speaker 7: Hi?
Speaker 10: Hey, I train a lot of new people and I'm I'm up there at like thirty five years old, and.
Speaker 9: I just don't.
Speaker 6: Understand why they don't use chat GPT.
Speaker 10: To use everything since they use everything for that anyway, So.
Speaker 1: Why they don't use it in what in uh the code the code cursive? Like if they just ran it what had just told them directions? Could you imagine, by the way, if if we were in school again now with chat EPT, it would do everything for me. Honestly, I probably wouldn't even go to class. That's what you would be pretty much. What's going on, Brandy, how you doing.
Speaker 8: Good morning, How are you guys good?
Speaker 1: What's happening?
Speaker 8: Oh, not much, just working a little bit and listening to you guys this morning.
Speaker 1: Thanks Brandy. We appreciate you. Like the fact that we stay on till ten thirty and we you know or hear this. I do because I I.
Speaker 8: Work from home and I can listen to it as loud as I want.
Speaker 1: Or whatever I like it. What's going on?
Speaker 8: Well? I was telling in about your topic about writing incursive and they do not teach that anymore. My children are twenty four and twenty one, and ask them to sign a document, they just write their first initials of their first and last name and then scribble.
Speaker 1: Isn't that funny? And yeah, that's what I need to do.
Speaker 8: They don't know how to They don't know how to balance a check book. They don't know how to tell time on a regular clock. They look at their phone.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's an interesting one. The time one is an interesting one.
Speaker 3: They need to watch at this point, I don't know.
Speaker 8: And they have no sense of what a dollar is. I mean, all they use is their phone.
Speaker 4: The balancing a checkbook, you don't need to know how to do that anymore. They're telling the time, though, they still teach that. They do teach that in like an old fashioned.
Speaker 1: I know there's but there are some people I can carry.
Speaker 8: When I had when I had clocked the house, my kids had no idea what time it was, And I'm like, are you serious? Well, mom, that's in Roman numerals. Okay, but so you look at the clock, you can figure it out.
Speaker 3: Guys.
Speaker 8: So yeah, they just get their phone.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna lie though. I have an Apple Watch, and if it gets set on Roman numerals.
Speaker 2: Who knows the nobody knows Roman numerals, statia?
Speaker 1: What's up to take a minute, Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Good morning, guys.
Speaker 2: Morning.
Speaker 10: I just want to piggyback kind of.
Speaker 2: Off of the last caller that her kids are dumb.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 10: I have a daughter who is going to the sixth grade this year. They haven't even started teaching them how to write in curses, but I teach her. I went down and rabbit hole and somebody told me that they were possible. They could be like, not teaching our kids how to write in curses so they won't be able to understand the Constitution.
Speaker 1: In the future.
Speaker 3: Really, Oh my God, the original constitutions.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it says.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you what.
Speaker 3: You're reading it.
Speaker 10: But they, I don't know. We have to follow these rules and stuff. They if they want to be able to they won't be.
Speaker 2: Able to hold on.
Speaker 4: Hold on, Lisa, trust that person anymore?
Speaker 1: Are Lisa? Are your is your comments similar to Stasia? You know why they won't teach us.
Speaker 7: Lisa the Declaration of Independence? Yeah, the Declaration of Independence too.
Speaker 1: They don't want us to learn no cursive so that we can't read the Declaration of Independence.
Speaker 7: We're getting lazier and lazier a way. Other countries are ramping up, so we need to step up.
Speaker 1: Step up.
Speaker 3: It's all cursive that's going. That's gonna keep us ahead of China. We just got to learn cursive.
Speaker 1: That's the key. It's not China, That's that's the key. All this time it was cursive. Do you think they even have AI in China? Like China? You can't China. Hey, there you go, the more you know? All right, now, let's pull out a clock and see if we know what time it is. Come on, go see where the hands at?
Speaker 7: Right now?
Speaker 2: Kevin, I did take the what did we take the states.
Speaker 1: That was difficult.
Speaker 3: I all but failed, which which is a blank map of America, and you have to fill it out, to fill it out with where.
Speaker 2: I got thirty one right out of fifty.
Speaker 3: Some of them you forget, especially which one was like Thest. Coast you missed or was it up where it's like Delaware, New Hampshire.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I had no idea