Speaker 1: That's Sabrina Carpenter keyword in five short minutes.
Speaker 2: Keep your radio on.
Speaker 1: I got an email I gotta read to you about a hookup that had a twist. This person would not be on the radio, but I'm gonna read it to you. Dave Jenny Baileyvaant. I am exhausted because you guys are practically my life Monday through Friday mornings. I got to share my story with you. Why am I exhausted? Here's the story. I wasn't meeting anybody on Hinge because apparently my radius of men was too small. So I said, I'm going to make it bigger and go all the way to Grand Forks, down to Moine and out to Green Bay. I don't care. So they got They just kind of cast a bigger net.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got to.
Speaker 1: So I met this guy who lives up in Grand Forks like a month ago. We seem to click, and pretty soon he's calling me to he's telling me to come up for the weekend.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's exciting him.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a risky little ventures. You know, he's not across town. You're not meeting over at Cariboo for a coffee. You're going all the way with grand Forks for the weekend. Aparently she packs bag heads on up. He says he has horses and we can go horseback riding. It's going to be great. Well, that's kind of cool. Here's like a plan. The guy puts some thought into this, got a plan. So I drive up there. I go to his place, which is kind of like a little rundown but it was cool. Used to belong to his parents. He shows me around. We go horseback riding on Friday. So here they are on Halloween. I guess it was just this past Friday is Halloween. They are on the horses and he's like showing her around and their horseback riding, and that's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a great start, right.
Speaker 1: We get back to the house and immediately ran out of things to talk about. Hmmm, like nothing, and he was nervous and uncomfortable. So I said, is there a bar in town we can go to? Yeah, that's a good idea idea true. Yeah, So we go to this bar in town and immediately a guy he knows comes up to say hi, and that guy and I hit it off right away, like one of those instant chemistry kind of things here she is.
Speaker 2: How far is Grand Fortune?
Speaker 4: Because I was curious. It's four and a half hours from the Twin cities.
Speaker 1: So she's up at the bar. They've run out of things to talk about. It's night number one. They've still got all of Saturday and Saturday night and part of Sunday, and things are not looking good. They're at this bar and here comes a guy that she's got some chemistry with. Oh random, so is the online guy is sitting there playing on his phone, pretending not to notice. The other guy and I are dancing. How awful would that be for the other guy.
Speaker 2: It doesn't sound like it is at all. He's just chilling doing his own thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know he had this girl come up. And anyway, they're dancing and pretty soon getting pretty cozy with each other. So we agreed we wanted to leave with each other. But who's gonna tell Guy number one?
Speaker 5: Well, she's staying at the hinge guy's house. Correct, Well that's gonna oh so so sorry. I gotta go out and be with this other guy for a while, but then I'll stop back in for my stuff.
Speaker 1: Well there's where the change of plans came in. So I let his friend go tell him that we were gonna leave together, and the guy and I left together. Only thing was my stuff was still at his house, so we had to ask if we could go buy his house to pick up my stuff. Okay, so not only are you saying, hey, guy number one, I really like your friend. We're gonna leave, can we come by the house and pick up my stuff?
Speaker 3: That is such like a I don't know.
Speaker 5: That was if I was the first guy, the hinge guy, I would be so not sad, but like my pride would be definitely shaken.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And then she kind of mentions that Guy number one pretended not to mind, and honestly, I think he was kind of relieved. Would be relieve. You'd be a little hurt, a little sad, but you'd be like, oh, thank god if.
Speaker 4: You weren't hitting it off, Yeah, probably cool. I'd probably be Okay if a guy came to come see me and they hit it off with my friend and I wasn't vibing with them, I'd be like cool.
Speaker 2: Got rid of them.
Speaker 1: So we go back to Guy number tuesa place and pretty much banged all weekend.
Speaker 2: That's what she said. Pretty much banged all weekend.
Speaker 3: That's why she's tired well, and did.
Speaker 1: Leave to go to a quick trip to get a pizza on Saturday night. But we probably hooked up eight times, eight times from Friday night to yesterday afternoon when I left. I'm exhausted, I can't walk, but I can't stop smiling eight times in disguise.
Speaker 3: She ever see that dude ever again? Is that how it ends?
Speaker 4: She doesn't tell us the follow up, like have they been Well, I guess this just happened this weekend, but.
Speaker 1: Yesterday, this time, yesterday, she had one leg over here, one leg over there.
Speaker 5: I wonder if she won today, well exactly, I wonder if she knows his name, maybe at something. I wonder if she knows his last name.
Speaker 1: Maybe she'll write in, maybe she'll call in, Maybe we can get her on tomorrow. She would not be on the radio, and I think it's because she's probably a little bit embarrassed but also proud. Yeah, that is a crappy thing to do, to like abandon your right. But at the same time, I think all three people walked away or limped away happily, you would.
Speaker 3: Say, because like if the first guy's.
Speaker 5: Like, oh cool, yeah, I'm so relieved that I don't have to do deal with this.
Speaker 3: You're still your ego is still hurt.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because you had this whole It's not like it was just a random like, oh, let's go to uh North Loop. Like, No, this was a four hour trip for her, the commute. You had everything planned and that's your friend.
Speaker 3: No, if he was mean with it, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think that there is a part of you that just would be like sweet Eye dodgeable at.
Speaker 3: Having to entertain someone this entire weekend.
Speaker 1: Oh, I feel so bad that they ran. Okay, we gotta do this and we'll continue on the other side.
Speaker 2: But here it is.
Speaker 3: Let's take a trip of.
Speaker 7: Or chests to win a trip to Los Angeles to see Sabrina Carpenter at one of her sold out shows. Happens now, I'm KDWB talk back. The keyword please, that's please on our iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: App for that huge trip to Los Angeles. And maybe you'll take a guy that you met on him and you go to the Sabrina Carpenter concert and then you go to the Santa Monica Pier and you go down Hollywood Boulevard and like, oh my god, look at that. That's Lucille ball Star. My mom used to watch that with let's get a picture. I'm making up a scenario here, you know, so you get to use the keyword and then the keyword is please, so make sure you use that on the iHeart app So back to the action here, so if you missed it. A woman met a guy. He met him online a month ago. He seemed like a nice guy. So she drives all the way to Grand Forks this past Friday, just a couple of days ago, and he's like, come on up, spend the weekend. I got horses. We'll go horseback riding. So they went horseback. They came back to the house and they immediately ran out of things to talk about. So she says, is there a bar in town? They go to the bar in town, They meet one of his buddies. The buddy and this woman hit it off spectacularly. She leaves with this guy, goes to the first guy's house to pick up her stuff, spends the weekend with one leg over here and one leg over there. They said they hooked up eight times, which to me sounds exhausting.
Speaker 2: It's so tiring. Eight times.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of time.
Speaker 1: You you've been to town a couple of times? Is eight times in one weekend a lot?
Speaker 3: Well, it was a Friday to a Sunday, Friday to Sunday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think a times could equate to yes, a full forty eight hours.
Speaker 3: I think that that could. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, what's the math on that one? So a day?
Speaker 3: It depends on if they went back to back six hours. There's a lot you got to figure out here.
Speaker 5: This is not the kind of math problem that I thought I'd be doing this morning.
Speaker 3: Well, we've got a word problem for you.
Speaker 2: There are your kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one leg over here, one log over there. So and I think it's great. But what do you think of her? I think it's great. She instead of having a miserable weekend watching TV in silence with horse owner, she rode something else.
Speaker 5: I think she was determined to get some action. Yes, so it was like where whatever happened that had to happen. She was like, I'm here for it because this is all I want is this action thing. So she was willing to drive four and a half hours. She's willing to like spread another net.
Speaker 1: Not no that if she was just looking to hook up. I ain't got no shame in that at all.
Speaker 6: I think the guy, like the friend that she ended up going home with, I only think he's wrong because that was your friend's girl, not girl really, but because they just met on hinge. But like you know, you don't take home your buddies for a girl.
Speaker 5: It's just the weird thing of being like, Hey, I'm gonna bring her home with me, but I've got to bring her back to your house to pick up her stuff.
Speaker 3: Is that cool? Like what's sitting in the car rue of the engine waiting? Yeah, oh my gosh, just trading off far right.
Speaker 1: Well, let me ask you if you went out of town or met somebody, or you drove. Maybe it didn't drive that far. Maybe you drove like from Little Canada to White Bear Lake it took you ten fifteen minutes to get there. Did if you met up with someone for the first time this weekend?
Speaker 2: How did it go?
Speaker 1: Did you spend the night, did he spend the night, she spend the night?
Speaker 2: How far did you drive? Was it awkward?
Speaker 1: I think I told you at the time that a long time ago, I met up with a girl I was in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: I dated this girl.
Speaker 1: I flew back to see her two months later, and we ran out of things to talk about on the ride from the airport to her house. It was a miserable, long weekend.
Speaker 5: I had this boy that was really into me in college my senior year, and like right before I graduated.
Speaker 3: We were like pretty close.
Speaker 5: And then I moved to Florida to work at disney World and he was like, I'm going to come see you, and by that point I had already gotten over him, and so he he drove it, got on a bus and came all the way to Florida and it was the most awkward, like two days ever. So similar situation, but I didn't meet up with some random other person and we hit it off there, So not that same.
Speaker 1: A couple of text messages regarding this whole situation, we're going to wrap up good for her. Eight times isn't that much when the sex and is brand new? I disagree. I eight times in one weekend, Oh No.
Speaker 2: I kind of agree.
Speaker 3: It's not a lot when it's new and fresh off adrenaline.
Speaker 4: Man, I think you're thinking that it's like an hour every single time. What could have happened was like they hook up right away. You're still laying there. You're in a high.
Speaker 3: Thirty minutes later, hook up again.
Speaker 4: Yes, right off the batka, break it down six morning, Saturday, wake up the next morning, and everyone's horned up in the morning after some cocktails at least I am, and so then you're gonna get it on. Then you go out, you get your coffee, you have a little lunch or brunch or whatever. Mid afternoons from afternoon delight, we're up to four times that would get to Saturday evening. You know that they probably had more drinks at that point, and then they got real. He was tossing her around. They were doing backflips and stuff three times right there. Sunday morning, wake up, one last time. Eight times they were bing bang boom.
Speaker 6: And all the momentum is there because you're just off the high of like I want to keep doing this. I want to keep doing this. So that's all you're thinking about while you're doing drinks and all those other things.
Speaker 1: Yes, text messages at katiewb one. I mean, honestly, you never really know if you're going to hit it off with the person until you meet him. So original guy is probably like whatever and glad he didn't have to spend the weekend awkwardly trying to act interested or like they have anything to talk about. And I think that's very true. I think that the first guy was probably like, he's not stupid. I mean she found him charming and funny and whatever, so he's not stupid. They just didn't have anything to talk about. Probably all they talked about was like, Oh, it'll be really it'd be really fun to come up, and that's once they Once they had exhausted that topic, there was nothing else.
Speaker 6: Definitely sucks in the moment, but I think he dodged the bullet.
Speaker 2: The original guy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Oh, I think so too, because he probably was like, Eh, if she's willing to just up and leave like this, she wasn't for me, And he didn't have to suffer not having anything to talk about.
Speaker 1: What do you think? What do we miss? Did you go out of town? Did you meet anybody this weekend? Love to hear? Send me a text to Katie, will you be one? Jenny's been on Reddit. We're gonna do that coming up in a second.
Speaker 4: Every once in a while, I pretend I'm Sandy from Greece and I re enact summer loven and it's something weird I do and the comfort of my own home when nobody's watching. So we're going to talk about private little habits that other people do that you would never want anyone to find out about it?
Speaker 2: What is yours? We'll do it next.
Speaker 3: Just search Dave Bryan teeny live on YouTube and the iHeartRadio app. It's one on one point three Katie w b.
Speaker 1: Certain concerts you remember for a lifetime, like your first concert. You probably remember this concert you love so much, or maybe when you saw One Direction at back when it was TC Bank Stadium, Yes, the big One Direction Stadium show that were you there?
Speaker 2: Amazing?
Speaker 1: Yes, So there are certain concerts you'll remember, and this Serena Carpenter concert is going to be one for you'll remember forever.
Speaker 2: And who are you going to take along? Think about it.
Speaker 1: You need to take your daughter, You going to take your best friend, you know, to take your partner and they'll be blown away by Sabreena Carpenter. Another keyword comes up in fifteen minutes, So don't underestimate how cool this is. And the fact that time is tick ticking away and before you know it, the contest will be over. And somebody else will have won that trip unless you play. Don't worry. The keyword is not We don't worry about one right now, but one comes up in about fifteen minutes.
Speaker 2: Kind of a little follow up.
Speaker 1: We were talking about this woman who and I don't want to keep telling the story, but basically, she went for a meetup with a guy in Grand Forge over the weekend, left on Friday, and they went horseback riding, then ran out of things to do. Cut to the chase. They go to a bar, she meets another guy, his friend. They it off. She spends the weekend with that guy instead of the guy she drove to Grand Forks to meet. She got back yesterday, wrote us an email last night talking about how tired and happy she was and how they hooked up eight times in one weekend. Here's a text message at KATWB one. Eight times is not a lot. My husband and I went eight times the first night we met.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 2: WHOA Yeah?
Speaker 4: I mean wow? No?
Speaker 2: It does not?
Speaker 1: Are you serious? How can? How can any button? I'm giving away too much information about That's why I'm just saying, Yes, it does happen, Okay, I'm glad it does for you because it certainly has never happened for me.
Speaker 4: Well, I think also like it sounds like this hot, crazy thing, but as a woman, I would be like no.
Speaker 3: Two times there is plenty two to.
Speaker 2: Three in a weekend or in a night.
Speaker 6: It also depends on in a night how old you are, I guess, just because as you get older you're like, no, I don't want to do all this time.
Speaker 4: I disagree because I had somebody who wanted to literally just bang all night one time, and I was twenty three at the time, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like, no, she's done, like she is who she her? Lady, my girl.
Speaker 1: Here's a text message that KATWB one says, I drove up from from up North Pine City all the way to Albert Lee to being a girl for the weekend that I had met at a show where I was performing and drove all the way to watch her knit and have mid level hookup. Point being if I was that girl in Grand Forks and had that opportunity, I would have taken it too. That's probably my best story of the week, but it's a young week, but so far that's my favorite.
Speaker 2: That's my favorite story of the week.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, it is Katie WB Jenny's.
Speaker 2: Been on Reddit. Jenny's been on Reddit.
Speaker 4: We're talking about weird private habits that you do that you hope no one finds out about. I said earlier that I like to pretend like I'm Sandy from Greece and I sing Summer Loven the Sandy part.
Speaker 2: Obviously, do we hear a little piece?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Some love it have me a blast some love and pp so fast.
Speaker 4: I have to play both parts, but I usually I usually play like a karaoke or like the actual version. So Danny is singing with me, right, I get you, I feel you. All Right, We're gonna move on to write it, because nobody needs to hear me sing all morning.
Speaker 3: Here we go. This person says, sometimes.
Speaker 4: When I'm having a really hard day, I'll pretend my dishes or my laundry are sentient little creatures who are excited to see me. They also need my help because they're scared or lost or dirty.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: So I like this one a lot.
Speaker 4: It says, sometimes I take all the stuff off of my refrigerator and sit on top of it just to look at my home from a different view.
Speaker 1: It's that that's so funny. While you get on the ladder to change the light bulb, and you're like, oh, it's kind of cool up here.
Speaker 3: You're like.
Speaker 2: My couch from up above. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think this is something a lot of people do. I sing stupid little songs I make up to my fish and cats when I get home. One time I thought my husband wasn't home yet. I serenaded my darlings and then heard him laughing from another room. Another one is the absolute mind boggling level to which I talk to myself or narrate things out loud, even having full blown conversations about made up scenarios and events that haven't transpired.
Speaker 6: Guilty when I was still to this day, my dream is to do like a like a Jimmy fat on.
Speaker 3: Late night talk show.
Speaker 6: So when I was younger, I would sit at a little desk or my dining room table and be like, please walk theme out Kevin Hart, and I'm like paying to the audience, like hi, Hi, so Kevin, and have fake interviews.
Speaker 2: I do that all the time.
Speaker 4: That fun Someone else says, I wrack myself to sleep.
Speaker 3: No, not rock er.
Speaker 4: See, I do like a vibration with my feet until I sleep. This one is so funny. Before I get into bed, I clean off my feet by kneeling on the edge on all fours and slapping them together forcely to get rid of any dust I have acumulate. Say, it looked like a fly rubbing its hands. I can't enter my bed before doing that. Can you imagine you lack think about the person we just talked to. Yeah, she's hooking up with someone for this time, first time. He's on all fours clap in the dust off his feet before he could crawl into bed and get it on. God, Wow, this one is definitely it actually looks like it was written in by someone called Bailey Jay hev me. I have two cats and I have constant ongoing conversations with them out loud. Each has his own different voice so that it's clear who is saying what, and over the years a storyline has developed that checks out.
Speaker 5: That is literally my whole life growing up to when we had dogs and cats. They all had their very own specific voice and they had their own storylines. Like Chelsea, she had she would go on a bus, she would go to kindergarten, she had friends in kindergarten. None of that was true, and we named all of her friends and she would talk to them.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's real life.
Speaker 4: Okay, one last one from ruddit and then if you guys have one, I really want you to share. But this person says, I put my towel between my butt cheeks and walk around while I'm drying off after the shower. My husband did recently catch me doing that one too. Okay, Billy, what weird things do you do that you hope nobody ever sees? I mean I do sing a lot of Broadway show tunes. I put on karaoke versions and sing those a lot. And then I own a lot of wigs, so sometimes.
Speaker 5: To get you know, their worth out of them, I would just put on a wig and wear it around my house and pretend I'm a different a different kind of woman.
Speaker 3: You put on an accent too, Yeah, I'm to talk to my cat. Yes, what about you? You just said the Jimmy can't.
Speaker 6: Jim Yeah, like a talk show thing. Or my stepmom used to be a teacher, my dad's teacher too. I would be in their classroom by myself, and I'd go on stage aka their carpet and perform maclamore.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I would sing as if I'm a performer on stage.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, can you tell we're all like I want to be, yes, much bigger than we are. Dave, did you think of anything? I know you were struggling because you think that you're not weird.
Speaker 2: I didn't. I used to.
Speaker 1: I used to listen to music when I was a kid and like play air guitar and I had a little miniature guitar that I carved out of wood that was probably like one third or one half size and I was scream sting our lips, singing and playing it. And my sister Donna walked in and I'd never been so embarrassed before in my life.
Speaker 5: And she was laughing, and I was like, you know what Dave does that is weird? I can tell you right now. Oh, this should be good that he has a little camera set up on his bird feeder, and not not that it's that's weird to have a camera on your bird feeder. But what is weird is when you take screenshots of the birds that you think are really interesting and then post them to your social media.
Speaker 3: Got off so we can't see what weird bird name it is.
Speaker 2: I I did my best. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: Birding season has started. And project Feeder Watch. Feeder Watch is underway, okay, so shout out to other people who watch the birds and keep track.
Speaker 4: There's a couple of times that came in. As somebody said, sometimes when I'm cooking, I think I'm in a cooking show and I'm talking of all the steps, and I think a lot of people probably do this. Another person said, I pretend I'm on stage performing at a concert when I'm in the shower.
Speaker 6: Telling you, man, your acoustics sound the best when you're in the shower.
Speaker 2: It is true. Thank you, Jenny. We'll be back with you Can't make This Stuff up? We are.
Speaker 1: There's a theory and a lot of people think that this theory is absolutely true. And you have an opinion on whether this theory is true. It has been proven that it is not true. I know that's vague, but you got to hear this is coming up next on you Can't Make This Stuff Up on Katie WB.
Speaker 4: Four.
Speaker 1: A lot of people that seriously believe that we live in the matrix, that all this is like a simulation and it's not real, and we're like, you know, just some sort of some computers simulation, right, Yeah, but a team of physicists have concluded that we are not living in a computer simulation. Now, they didn't figured out exactly what's going on or why we are here, because you could wonder, you know, one of the big eternal questions, why is the universe? Does it exist? Why is there something rather than nothing?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Why is there? And wouldn't there have to be something? Or would it make more sense if there were nothing? But doesn't there have to be something? Get philosophical on It is a little bit weird, but if there is anything that exists, there has to be something. But why So anyway, the math behind reality is too complex for any computer to replicate. So it seems that we are real. So we got that going for us, which is nice.
Speaker 3: This is nice.
Speaker 1: So there's no computer that could simulate this much reality. I mean, look at the things you're looking at, and the texture of the clothes that you're wearing, and the passion and the emotions that you feel right down to like the gray hair in your eyebrows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, and you have a lot of venue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so everything too.
Speaker 3: Much for a simulation to like concoct. There's too much, Yeah, it's too much. There's too much variety to life.
Speaker 1: I think that's me and people would be like, well, maybe in the future or maybe some society has very very powerful technology, But why would they bother to do it? What are they getting out of it?
Speaker 3: Unless we're like ants and a little ant farm.
Speaker 1: But then why would they work so hard to make a simulation that's true?
Speaker 2: Why? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't understand.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Also, welcome to November.
Speaker 1: Keep your eyes open to the coming weeks for plenty of guys and maybe you be going growing facial hair to celebrate November. The movement is all about more than mustaches and beards. It's a global movement urging men to take their health seriously, from mental wellness to cancer screenings. Hopefully, all that extra flowing facial hair triggers conversations, encourages checkups, and continues to break the stigma about men talking about health.
Speaker 5: Jenny and I would like to speak on behalf of all women. Please grow mustache? Yeah we like mustaches.
Speaker 3: To all women is what you're saying? No, no to all men, Please grows on the behalf of all women. On the behalf of all women, please grow mustache. I make sure you take care of it.
Speaker 4: Don't let a bunch of food get stuck in there, make it all stinky, make it, you know, some mustache oil or something.
Speaker 5: Trim and then you know, get it so it looks clean, because you don't want to just you know, not shave anything. I remember my boyfriend back in the day, way back, he did no shave November and he just didn't shave his face at all and just looked awful.
Speaker 3: I've still got to clean it up. I know, like a mustache a lot.
Speaker 4: I will say that if you have kind of like the beard stubblely vibes, just to heads up that that does cause women to break out a little bit on their chin. But it's hot, it's true, but it's frustrating.
Speaker 1: The Andy Reid look. Andy Reid has got that kind of wall receipt kind of a mustache.
Speaker 2: So that's the kind of look that I may he's attractive.
Speaker 3: No, I just looked him up. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: Not that Tom's or the Benson Boone mustache is cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like the Benzen boone One's cute.
Speaker 8: A little Pencilly kind of likes a good handle bar. I just like a good mustache. Bariot is nice and like a Tom Sellick mustache. I kind of want to watch that show that he did, Magni Pi, magnum p.
Speaker 3: I just like look at him, just.
Speaker 2: He was gorgeous forty forty five years ago he was gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah yeah. Anyway, Happy November.
Speaker 2: All right, here comes your keyword.
Speaker 7: Let's take a trip or chance to want a trip to Los Angeles to see Sabrina Carpenter at one of her sold out shows. Happens now on kd WB Talk. That's the keyword. Taste.
Speaker 1: That's taste on our iHeartRadio app. Okay, make sure you do that. This is a big deal. Every time you hear us say there's a keyword, if it's coming up in five minutes, give us five more minutes of your time because it is totally worth it. Enter it every time. Don't just enter at once, because it's kind of like buying you know, like one hundred scratch tickets rather than just one. Yeah, you can win with just one, and maybe you will, but listen more off and make this kind of your quest for the next week is to get in that drawing more times than you are now. So the keyword is taste. Open up the iHeartRadio app and just say the keyword is taste on that talk guy picture and you're good to go. We'll do Dave's dirt coming up in a minute on kdbub.
Speaker 2: Get a lot of stuff to cover. Stay here.
Speaker 1: One on one point three KDWB in on that iHeartRadio app. All over the world wherever you're listening, Thank you for being here. Set us as little preset and be ready for your next keyword to talk back on that red microphone thing so you can win that Sbriena Carpenter trip to Los Angeles.
Speaker 4: I pulled a Dave Ryan this last week and got totally got buy an ad on social media. Oh no, I impulse bought something off of the TikTok shop.
Speaker 3: It arrived this weekend.
Speaker 4: So it basically is this little like map thing you put behind your kitchen sink that goes around the faucet and it's supposed to drain the water into the sink and then you can place your little like scrubbers, your hands, soap, whatever on it to keep that back area nice and clean. Yeah, mine is always I.
Speaker 3: Don't know this water.
Speaker 4: Yaadly, So I see this a TikTok shop video and I'm like, oh, I need that, and it was like the color I just painted my cabinet. So I'm like, I'm gonna get it and get it in the mail doesn't fit. It's like fits two thirds of the entire sink area, so it doesn't even fit that full back area. It also only fits over like the one faucet. It doesn't fit over the like the attachment that you pull out to the house. Yep, the sprayer doesn't fit. That doesn't have a hole for that. So I'm like, are you kidding? I am so dumb, And now it only costs ten bucks.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm glad that you noticed your own user error. Yeah, okay, good.
Speaker 4: It's like I didn't even remotely thing to look at, like the size of it, or that it would fit around my sink properly. I just saw it and I was like sold, Which, Joe, it's so unlike me, trust me. But I've been really into my kitchen late laces. I've been like doing things to it. So I go to return it because I'm like, I'm going to try to return It's probably gonna cost the same amount to like ship it back as I paid for it.
Speaker 3: But it works out. In my favor.
Speaker 4: They were like, yeah, we'll give you the refund. You don't need to return it, just keep it.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 5: I've had that happened to me on like Amazon stuff before, where I go to return and they're like.
Speaker 3: Now you're good.
Speaker 5: I assume both Amazon and TikTok they have so much money. They're like, don't worry about it.
Speaker 2: But TikTok is sketchy.
Speaker 3: I told you guys this a while ago. Man, anybody that takes I think you got worse.
Speaker 6: You got got worse than Dave because anybody that shops on TikTok shop is a sucker.
Speaker 4: I disagree because I have gotten a few things from TikTok shop, and they actually have all been really good. But this one, I just it was my own fault. I mean, it didn't fit properly, it's not good quality, it's.
Speaker 3: Not good it doesn't have Yeah. I mean it was ten.
Speaker 4: Bucks, but I was pretty hyped about that because I just assumed I was out the ten dollars.
Speaker 3: Got this crappy little thing. Whatever, what'd you do with it?
Speaker 2: Though? Since it didn't work, it's.
Speaker 3: Still on my safe. I cut a hole in where I was going to ask about cutting a hole in it.
Speaker 4: No, I cut a hole where the sprayer is, but it still doesn't sit perfect because of the way that the sink is just all whatever. It's just I don't have a fancy news think. I have a pretty old kitchen sink and these are definitely made for sinks that are much more aesthetically pleasing. Yeah, and don't have all the gadgets. I feel like that mine does. So it's still there. I'm still using it currently, but it looks awful.
Speaker 2: I ordered.
Speaker 1: I told the story before I got a little because my daughter, Allison, she loves art and loves to paint, and she doesn't have a whole lot of time. So I thought, well, this would be kind of cute for her to, like, you know, keep in her purse. It's a little tiny art palette. It looks like a box and it opens up and there's paint inside. It comes with a brush and it comes with a little clip on little easel.
Speaker 2: And you can hand hold it.
Speaker 1: And I ordered this and it's about it's maybe a little bit bigger than it's like the size of a candy bar. Okay, so like a Hershey bar, flat Hershey bar, and I thought all that, and so I opened it and it didn't come with any paint, didn't come with any brushes. It just came with the palette. And I thought, I'm not going to give this to her and then expect her to buy her own paint and brushes and pads or whatever. So I threw it in the trash, just threw it away. Yeah, so that's the last.
Speaker 2: I think.
Speaker 1: It was the last bad thing that I've ordered. But if I think about it, I'd probably come up with something else because I do have the impulse buy that.
Speaker 3: Do you do well?
Speaker 2: It makes it so easy.
Speaker 1: Pay with Apple, pay yes please, yeah, tap here, click this twice, boom, It's on its way.
Speaker 5: And I think the the Instagram ads are what get me more because I don't know there's something about the algorithm, and because it takes up your full screen versus like TikTok shop, I can just scroll like I'm gonna like, nope, I see a shop thing.
Speaker 3: Scroll But Instagram.
Speaker 5: Right now, everything on my Instagram is this like lamp that you when you turn it on.
Speaker 3: It's got like these.
Speaker 5: Beautiful, like I don't know, kind of beachy sort of like lines that it emits onto the wall and like orange, and so it makes it feel like very viby in your room.
Speaker 3: And you can make it blue or red or orange.
Speaker 5: And that is the only thing that keeps popping up, and I keep being like, do.
Speaker 2: I need this lamp?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 1: Do you ever tap like on something that you're thinking about buying so it'll show up again. I do that all the time. It's like, oh, look at this, this is a really cool thing. Yeah, I'm not sure I want it, but I want time to think about it, so I tap like or even make a comment so it'll show up again.
Speaker 5: All you do is just watch that video to the very end and maybe click on the link that it has and then go back and be like, okay, I clicked on the link. It'll pop up again. And it does that dumb little lamp keep popping up.
Speaker 1: But the funny thing is even if you order something, it'll still pop up.
Speaker 3: You're like, I bought it, leave me alone.
Speaker 1: What if you bought on Timu or TikTok shop or Instagram that you loved or something that you're like, this is dumb.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting for something right now, so we're going to see if it's done.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 5: Well, I can't tell you exactly because it's for my mom, but it's for something that you like. It's a piece of art sort of. And I bought two, one for her, one for me, and it's coming from Germany and so I bought it like a month ago and it's still not here yet, but now it's an Albuquerque.
Speaker 1: Yes, you're tracking it. Okay, yeah, getting closer. Okay, good luck. Let's cover Dave's dirt on kat WB safter sponsored by six one to two injured timer and Lamber's injury law on Kati w B Vikings wins. Now poor man Rush McCarthy throwing right nailor and he caught it, yes at the forty six yard line. That's a sixteen yard grab by Jalen Naylor and all you Lions lovers here at Ford Field where you can head home.
Speaker 7: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well they converted on the third down and then that was the end of the game. Some good games yesterday, by the way, Can I say the Gophers won?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Gophers. It wasn't looking good. It was going back and forth, but then they were able to pull it out. They beat Michigan State, and it's just so fun to see the Gophers win because they're always they're never expected to.
Speaker 2: Do really well.
Speaker 1: Now they're Bowl eligible, so that's really Yes, they're ball eligible waiting, Yes it is.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: Something exciting is that pumpkin spice season is kind of going away for those of you who care, and I just want to remind you you can get a maple pumpkin coffee or a pumpkin spice cappuccino at Holiday Station Soores, but those are gonna be gone pretty soon.
Speaker 3: Here.
Speaker 4: Also tonight, Jimmy Fallon's revealing People Magazine's twenty twenty five Sexiest Man Alive. And I think we kind of were speculating last week. I did throughout the name Glenn Powell, and they are saying that he is a high probability because he's promoting a new movie called The Running Man. So that comes to the movie theaters in like two weeks. So I feel like a lot of celebrities I've heard, they've turned it down that like honor, yeah, and so, but if it coincides with you promoting something, then you're probably more willing to be like, sure, I'll be Papal Magazine, yesh, sexiest man.
Speaker 3: See if it was me.
Speaker 5: I would never turn it down because then every single year when a new one is announced, they always publish like the big long list of here are all of the sexiest men, and your face is going to be seen at least once every single year for the rest of your life, for the rest of time.
Speaker 4: It's probably, honestly though, something that they like make fun of people for in Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Side.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like you're not taking a serious us A performer because you're too sexy.
Speaker 5: I guess PopMart has come to the Mall of America.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 5: Pop Mart is the It's like a toy brand, sort of like a collectible brand that makes La Boo boos, and we all know and love La boo boos. I saw a handful of La Boo Boo Halloween costumes this year. They are the freaky little bunnies with the big smile with their teeth coming out, and they have These are the ones that make the La boo boos, the real ones. You can get lafufoos, which are fake La Boo boos, at different places, but PopMart is now officially at the Mall of America in the North End if you want to head there and get a la.
Speaker 6: Booboo exciting Jessin Bieber was doing a Twitch stream as everyone does, and he's previewing new music and his a little clip.
Speaker 2: Oh kill we.
Speaker 3: Kill, we kill be sensitive.
Speaker 5: On dumn.
Speaker 3: I'm letting you, ah, I'm.
Speaker 7: Letting you out.
Speaker 6: Make a more disgusted looking face, Jenny.
Speaker 3: Here's what I think about.
Speaker 4: I feel like he went and did some ashwaganda or something, and like he's all in this like spiritual phase of life and he's really hard to take, seriously, really hard, Like he did that roundtable conversation the other day about like if you even think of another woman, you're like cheating on your spouse. And it's like, okay, so what just because you get in a relationship you can't be sexually attracted to other people. Reality, we're like biologically built to be attracted to people.
Speaker 3: So that I'm just saying Justin is on some wu wu ish. I feel like I.
Speaker 5: Also I agree because I feel like having just starting a twitch stream and being like, yeah, I'm gonna stream every day.
Speaker 3: Why you're Justin Bieber?
Speaker 6: Kevin Hart on kais, which first, while Kevin Hart does not need kais and not to stream every day, but it's actually really funny content.
Speaker 5: It's like the thing now, but is justin Bieber's content funny and viral.
Speaker 3: I can't say it is or it isn't. But that's just the thing right now. That's weird right.
Speaker 1: Jrty is brought to you by six one two Injured Heimer and Lammer's Injury Law. Winning time in Sunday's New York City marathon was two hours and eight minutes.
Speaker 2: Now that's that isy sane.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many miles per hour you have to run to finish that.
Speaker 3: It's probably like five ish minutes. They probably just did a lot of jumping, you know, no leaping. I don't think that's how.
Speaker 2: Bailey have no idea anything about athleticism. So you can leap.
Speaker 1: You can sit this one out. But so the women's course record was broken at two nineteen. So some of the celebrities. Original star Claire Holt was that it came in at three point thirty nine.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then several alums from the Bachelor and Bacherette Love Island were among these celebs running the marathon. Tasia Adams ran her third.
Speaker 3: Marathon or She's a runner.
Speaker 1: Zach Clark finished an impressive three hours and twenty seven minutes. His rumored girlfriend Caitlin Bristow cheered from the sidelines. Matt James not far behind in three point thirty one. Other people from the Bachelor's cast included Tyler, Joey Joe, and Tanner from Love Island Eland finished in three twenty And I think I think, as far as a marathon, three point thirty is the magical cutoff point because if you finish under three thirty, you're really good and really elite, and anything over than that is I mean, still, you ran a marathon. For perspective, my fastest marathon time was four hours and fifty two minutes.
Speaker 4: And also for a perspective, I did a half marathon and I ran it in two hours and four minutes, and someone ran a full marathon double it in two hours and eight minutes.
Speaker 3: Wow, only four minutes longer? Did you double the double?
Speaker 2: Is that crazy?
Speaker 3: Should we ask Alexa the what the time is Alexa?
Speaker 1: To run a marathon in two hours and eight minutes? How many miles per hour do you have to run?
Speaker 9: You'd need to maintain a pace of twelve point two eight.
Speaker 3: Miles per hour.
Speaker 9: That's basically superhuman speed. The world record is two to one, so you're aiming for something pretty legendary there.
Speaker 1: How twelve miles an hour to keep up that pace?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 3: How how many minutes does that?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: How would you say, Alexa? Okay, if you're running at two hours and eight minutes for a marathon, what.
Speaker 9: Twelve miles per hour? You'd finish in two hours and eleven minutes? Still blazon stop?
Speaker 3: I want to know what the time is for the pace for the mile?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? What's the right?
Speaker 3: How like? Are they running five minutes per mile? How is it? Alexi?
Speaker 4: If you run a marathon in two hours and eight minutes, how fast is your mile in minutes?
Speaker 9: Each mile would be four point eight nine minutes. That's absolutely blistering pace. That would shatter the current world record.
Speaker 3: Four point eight nine minutes.
Speaker 5: I remember Buzz Howard back in middle school had a six minute mile and everyone was like that he was the fastest kid in school for one pretty quick, and that was like a yeah, thirteen year old boy, So somebody else, who's four minute four point eight nine minutes?
Speaker 3: Minutes?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 1: My mile record is seven to twenty and that's good that I couldn't do it again?
Speaker 2: That was that was fifteen or twenty years? Is that real? You always make up stat No.
Speaker 1: There's a difference though, between running a mile and stopping and keeping it up for American length, because you you can sprint more all out and be done in one mile and finish fast. Could I keep that up for more than one mile? Oh absolutely not.
Speaker 5: I just imagine that that that person who won is so like sinewy, like they're so full of muscle, but it's all so lean.
Speaker 3: They're actually really lanky.
Speaker 4: I saw a picture of the guy who muscle and sinewy, very very lanky and big, big hair.
Speaker 5: I mean, I have a I have a walking pad now, so I think this will be me in the spring.
Speaker 3: Yeah. It goes up to four miles per hour. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bailey stood on it. It wouldn't start. It's like, okay.
Speaker 2: For some ice cream.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll be back in a minute with another Sabrina carpent or keyword. Invest another five eight minutes of your life to win that trip, So don't move. Stay here on, Katie, would you be and win that trip to La to C's