Speaker 1: For the back to back World Champions of Baseball.
Speaker 2: One of the greatest runs in the history of baseball.
Speaker 1: Immortality is within their reach.
Speaker 3: Incredible and while others make excuses.
Speaker 4: The only reason the Dodgers are doing this because they can't they print money.
Speaker 1: The Dodgers just can't continue.
Speaker 5: It's not fair.
Speaker 1: Are making plans.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's a singular focus on controlling what they can control.
Speaker 3: Now your pregame host of the world champion LA Dodgers the tam Cats.
Speaker 5: Hi, everybody, welcome in to my Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck on this Friday afternoon, July the twenty fourth. It is hot here in southern California, so sit back and relax and cool off with the Little Dodgers Baseball over the next few hours as your back to back World Series champion Dodgers continue their East Coast road trip. After taking two or three from the Yankees and taking two or three from the Phillies that a little trip to the White House, the Dodgers road trip continues now in Queens, New York, with a three game weekend set against the Mets. Dodgers sixty five and thirty eight first place in the NL West. There are eleven games up in the division, and tonight Roki Sasaki on the mount and the series opener, first pitch from City Field is coming up at four to ten. Over the next hour here on Morongo Casino, Dodgers on deck, we got a lot to get to. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Roberts. What a forty eight hours it has been. The Dodgers wrapping up a series in Philadelphia, went to Capitol Hill yesterday, went to the White House. Now they're playing a game against the Mets and City Field. We'll hear from the Dodger manager. Coming up, we'll check in with David Vasse, who was also at the White House yesterday. We'll get his thoughts on that and this series and how important is for the Dodgers to finish off on a strong note post All Star break. We'll finish, We'll get the pitching matchup. Coming up, We got your Dodgers magical moment. Shortly we will visit with Kirsten Watson and in just a few minus we will head out to the Galloping Four broadcast both with Stephen Nelson and Jose Mota. Well Wednesday night in Philadelphia, the Dodgers were down early, but they battled back to win it. Eric Lower got the start, the left hander game up a two run home run to Alex Bowman in the bottom of the first, and just like that, the Dodgers were in a hole, down two to nothing. However, they were able to get to Aaron Nola. Finally in the third, Dulton Rushing a solo bomb, is eleventh of the season. Dodgers only down two to one. Then in the fifth it was Dalton rushing again.
Speaker 7: The count square two and two. Nola fires, Rushing rips it to right field, fair ball down the line all the way to the corner. Hernandez comes in, edmen being waved around trying to score from first. The relay is wait in Dulton Rushing delivers once again. Hey go ahead, two run double this time and it's now three two. La if A Rushing got a breaking ball and boy, it's one of the better swings that he has had.
Speaker 5: Yes, it was two run double for Dalton Rushing, Dodgers a three to two lead. However, that didn't last long. Bottom of the inning, Della Cruz a solo home runoff Lower, and again the Dodgers and Phillies were tied, this time at three. In the sixth, though the Dodgers able to get to Aaron Nola again runner on for Max Mounsey.
Speaker 7: Here's Max Munsey. First pitch, Monsey flies the ball left center field. This one's backe.
Speaker 8: It is put of here.
Speaker 7: Max Monsey with his third go ahead homer of the road trip, and this one number two twenty nine as a Dodger that pushes him past the Penguin two run home run number two twenty nine, As Stephen Nelson mentioned, that moves ahead of Ron Say for second all time on the LA Dodger home run list.
Speaker 5: Dodgers at five to three, leading in the eighth, Dodgers busted it open against the Phillies bullpen Kyle Tucker sackfly and I made it six three, and then Tommy Edmund cleared the bases with a triple to right center field. Dodgers, with four runs in the eighth inning, took a nine to three lead. They go on and win it by a final nine to five. Tommy Emmon led the way, going three for four, triple three ribbys, Dalton rushing a double, a home run three ribbys. Freddie Freeman chipped in with three hits, including two more doubles. Eric Lower gets the win. Dodgers take two with three at Citizens Big Park. They're now four and two on the road trip. After a day off to hangout in DC yesterday, Dodgers back at it in New York tonight for a three game weekend set against the Mets. Rookie Susaki on the mount in the series opener with more. We head out to the gallup before broadcast booth as we say hello to Steven Nelson and Jose Moda. Guys, all right, Tim, Great to be back at City Field, where it's a battle the big bucks Hossein Mota to the top payrolls, the two top payrolls in all of Major League Baseball, but in two very different positions in the standings and really in the league wide order. At this point, the Dodgers best record in baseball after the last series and on their way to a fourteenth consecutive postseason appearance. Meanwhile, the Mets have faded down to the bottom of the league and have the.
Speaker 7: Fifth worst record in the sport as we sit here tonight.
Speaker 6: Steven, the best thing is the Dodgers will face the Mets like they are pretty much a first place team, they're going to come out here and discontinue what they do, which is play good baseball. Both teams you consider about payroll and talk about payroll. Well, the same issues with you know, with the injuries coming out of spring training, with guys that are missing that perhaps should have been contributing early. But the one thing that's not coming is the fact that the guys of the Dodgers, I've had to replay some of his injuries, especially when the rotation have stepped up. For the Mets, it has been pretty much an issue coming from the clubhouse to the way they play the field, and they just give up way too many easy free runs of the other team.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no question about it. And so the Dodgers, they're finishing up this nine game road trip. The Mets meanwhile kicking off a ten game homestand and for the Dodgers in this series on the mound, it's going to be Rokie Sesaki tonight and then Yoshinova, Yamamoto and Emmitt she And starting the next couple of games here. I mean, it's already been a really good trip, but of course they want to finish strong and take another series and.
Speaker 6: I think about talking about finishing strong, how about the rookie and what he did last time out. I know they were gonna epaud a little bit more about that, but just the look Stephen was different, just the demeanor was different.
Speaker 8: The stuff was marvelous.
Speaker 6: But I think goes back to for rookie, a couple of starts to go against the Rockies themselves when he was in trouble at the fourth inning and he pretty much found something with aliazar Alfonso, we reminded him was something and since then and it's a bit the bottom half has been so efficient, so they see what comes out today, but I know they know many have quite well and they don't go out there and know that they got to get good pitches to hit and don't try to do too much, just certainly catch a baseball and play good fundamental team at bats.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're you're spawn on with with Roki.
Speaker 7: I mean, more than the final line than anything, was just the the attack that we saw the conviction on the mound because the previous couple of turns you could see it. This was a guy who was pitching scared, for lack of a better term, and he was on the defensive supposed to being on the offensive, and he threw twenty one pitches if at least one hundred miles per hour, that's a Dodgers stat cast.
Speaker 2: Here a record.
Speaker 6: How about that in one game He had done it fourteen times overall his whole career. But for all, I think he's getting stronger, just being more flexible with his mentality, understanding all his body is going through because he had not been through this in terms of innings or pitches Matson and since Japan. But I thinks responding to the challenge saying, Hey, the big lights of New York didn's care me.
Speaker 8: Let's get going here in New York.
Speaker 7: Yeah, another start in New York, just a different burrow, but looking for the same result. The Dodgers trying to win another series. But the Mets too. They got swept a Dodgers stadium earlier this year, so they got revenge on the mind. We'll be back a little bit later, Tim with a key from Jose.
Speaker 5: All right, thank you, Nelly. If we can't get down to the first pitch on this Friday afternoon, Dodger fans get that game day meal on Shaky's Pizza parlor. What are you waiting for what are that Shaky's Pizza Chicken and Mojo's right now Shakey's dot Com Coming up here on Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. As we leave you up to first pitch, David Vasse will join this. He'll go high and tight with Will KWin. We've got your manager, Dave Roberts and his pregame thoughts. But up next we'll head live to the field at City Field in New York with Kirsten Wattson from Sports and at LA as we leads up to Dodgers and Mets on this Friday. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kason. It's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Morongo Cassino Dodgers Hunting game on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the Mets start of a three game set. Rookie Sasaki Shamanayo the pitching matchup. First pitch, coming up from Cityfield at four ten.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewind Well.
Speaker 5: Quiet night for show. Hey Otani, but when you got Tommy Emmon and Dalton Rushing driving in six of the Dodgers nine runs, you're gonna be okay even when the top of the lineup does not perform, as the Dodgers took two or three in Philadelphia.
Speaker 3: This is Kirston's Corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 5: Hey, heireus, so now it joins us from New York. Brought to you by Cars for Kids. The easiest way to get rid of that old car. Donate today and your car could be picked up tomorrow. That easy donat now Cars for Kids dot Org. That's Cars with a K. All right here we go back to New York here soon. It's the road trip that will never end after a stop in our nation's capital yesterday. And really for this Dodgers team post All Star break here, so it's important that they go into this series trying to finish strong, right it is.
Speaker 9: But also have to consider that half of the team, coaches and players, we're at the All Star Game. So those guys have gone from Philly, New York, back to Philly, then the chip shop in DC, and now back to New York. So you have the guys that are already on this technically three city but yes, only you know you can argue the semantics of all of that, but they're on this long road trip, and so you have that in itself, you have doubleheader, you then at a rain delay, like, that's a lot that's just on the body in general when you have you know, the pit stop in DC as well. So there is definitely a lot that has happened in this road trip. But they are coming off of a really good game in which they were able to pick up nine runs on eleven hits. We call the offense like coming back to life. Everyone got involved. So the hope is that, yes, you have a team like excuse me, like the Mets in which they have been struggling and has not been their prettiest season, but they still have so much talent over there and you have to expect that at some point they will come to life and it will be tonight with a matter of for the Dodgers sticking to who they are and continuing to end this roads from on a high note and continuing to play really solid baseball.
Speaker 5: All right, A lot has happened since the Dodgers played a game in Philadelphia on Wednesday, and before that game they had show, Hey Otani, surprise everybody with a bullpen session. What's the latest on show?
Speaker 1: Hey? Yeah?
Speaker 9: So the good news that he came out of that Fulton feeling really good. He was able to throw just about thirty thirty five pitches and so that's the biggest thing is how he comes out of it. So that was good. The next one is going to be tomorrow on Saturday here at City Field, and Dave Roberts for sharing that while they do have the decision if he's not going to be pitching next week, they do feel that with each bullpen it's still just a better idea as to where things are at, and so they're still looking to manage him. They don't need him to rush to get back, they don't want him to get antsy. We know he's someone who likes to be out there. Took a pede for his teammates and for himself, so they do want to be mindful of that, but making sure that he's aware of you know, the goal is October, So if you need some more time to make sure that knee is healthy, to make sure that he can work through mechanical issues so that he's not putting too much pressure on the knee, that should be the focus for right now, and so they want to give him that time. But tomorrow's bullpen will at least be a good idea as to how he's feeling. If it doesn't go well, they've Robbau. We have no problem giving it more time, and if it does go well, then they have a better idea when they want to slot him back into the rotation.
Speaker 5: Well, the Dodgers have some time before it really counts in September and the stretch run into October. We appreciate. We'll check in with you after the game. Still to come here on Wrongo Casino Dodgers on Deck will dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Vasego's one on one with Will Clive. What was the guest day I'd like for the big redhead. We'll find out, plus an injury report, and we'll hear from the Dodger manager, Dave Roberts. As we lead jump to Dodgers and Mets first pitch at four ten. I'm Tim Katson's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 5: Marongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Friday afternoon. Hope you're staying cool out there wherever you're at. I'm joining a little Dodgers on deck to lead jump to Dodgers and Mets from City Field in Queen's Marongo Casino Resort and spa Hey Grand Slam for good times. First pitch coming up at four ten.
Speaker 3: It's the LA Dodgers injury report.
Speaker 5: By UCLA Healthy official medical partner of the Los Angeles Dodgers. He K Hernandez and Edwin Diaz have cleared their hurdles and it looks like when the Dodgers come back on the next homestand be getting on Tuesday, we expect to see him both activated at some point. Will Smith progressing. I haven't really got an update in about a week on his inflammated neck. Tyler Glass now is starting to throw, and we'll throw to hitters here very shortly ahead of him. Blake Snell, who has made already one start at Triple A Oklahoma City, set to make a second start. A couple more ramp up starts and he'll be back in the Dodgers' rotation. So injury wise, Dodgers trending in the right direction. Let's head back out to New York and get the pregame thoughts of the Dodgers skipper.
Speaker 8: Anything questions for Dave Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you just describe Dave? Can you talk about the pressure in the.
Speaker 1: Dugouts with Dave Roberts.
Speaker 10: I think it's just, you know, it has been a long trip, certainly for the guys even that made the All Star team. But it's always fun coming to City Field. There's still a very talented team. They haven't played the baseball that they like, but I think it just goes back to just playing our baseball. You know, we've had two good series here, come out of the break, and we just got to go out there and play good ball game tonight.
Speaker 9: The other day we saw show Heyo Tani throw a bullpen. What were the reports that you got back on that one? And is the plan still for him to get back off the mound tomorrow to throw again?
Speaker 10: You know what I think? Honestly, I think it's just to be fluid with show. Hey, the bullpen went well and today he feels good, and it's all kind of if tomorrow feels good to throw the pen, great, and if it doesn't, then we'll kick it. I think that's the beauty of where we're at. Right now, and so we're not going to push him. There's some constant conversation going on each day, but I think the main thing with show Hey, with this pitching thing, is to just remain nimble.
Speaker 11: If he feels good after tomorrow's does he pitch in a game next week?
Speaker 10: That's all con Probably not. No, that's true, that's truly. I feel very good that it won't be next week.
Speaker 11: Is he starting to give you kind of antsy feelings that he's anxious to get back.
Speaker 8: In a game.
Speaker 10: Yes, but I still think that he is very honest with us about how he's feeling, and we're aligned with that. So every player wants to get back out there and do what they do. But I think he understands it's not about July, it's about October. So we've already taken a lot of time to get him back to full health. So we're not gonna start earlier than we need to.
Speaker 5: How good is it to see Snell get a rehab tonight?
Speaker 8: Then it's good.
Speaker 10: You know, I would like to see him get through three innings, that would be great. But he's working hard, he's anxious to get back. But you know, there's some markers that he needs to check, so he'd be very helpful.
Speaker 8: For him to get through three innings, one of the markers.
Speaker 10: Building up three innings, four innings, five innings, and that's.
Speaker 8: Part of it, all right.
Speaker 5: There's a manager, Dave Roberts. Lots of digests there. When we can continue here on Morago Casino Dodgers on Deck, we will check in with David vast Say as we lead you up to first pitch on this Friday, it's the Dodgers and Mets as the East Coast road trip continues. I'm Tim Katz's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, yes, is Marongo Casino Dodgers on jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Mets, the start of a three game series. Rookie Sasaki Shaman and Nya the pitching matchup. We'll dive deeper into the numbers between these two coming up in just a little bit. Dodgers Baseball brought to you by Alpato, Born in La and made for your game day. El Poto brings authentic Mexican style tomato, sauces and sauces and hot sauces right to your plate at every single time, El Poto Gourmet and a.
Speaker 3: Can joining Tim Kits on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 8: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David BASSI.
Speaker 5: All right, DV, what a forty eight hours it really has been for this Dodgers team, wrapping up a series in Philadelphia and now starting the series at City Field and everything in between.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is unprecedented Tim, as far as the fifteen seasons I've been covering the Dodgers, traveling with them to be in three cities within twenty hours, Philadelphia to Washington, DC, and then back to New York to be able to get ready for this three game series. It was something that none of these guys experienced, but they all handled it with such a great spirit. The flight from Philadelphia to New York, we were all on it. No two planes on the way from Philly to New York. We were all on one plane and you could hear the music blaring. The card game was going in the back of the plane. And when Miguel Rojas and Will kleinb along with myself and part of the ownership group went to the Senate Building at ten am Eastern time yesterday.
Speaker 8: Both those guys had such.
Speaker 6: A great attitude and spirit, and Miguel Rojas has been on a world tour ever since hitting that game tying Game seven home run. Not only was Rojas at the Senate Building yesterday at ten am, going to the White House this morning, he went to MLB Network studios in newcaucas New Jersey or secaucas New Jersey. So all these guys had a great experience. And for a team that stays in the moment tim for them to allow themselves to be celebrated yesterday, I thought that was pretty cool for an achievement that's never been done in Dodger history before winning back to back championships.
Speaker 5: Had no doubt about it. Dan is brought to you by a Ford Summer sales event. Don't wait hurrying now for the best offers of the year for the official vehicle of Major League Baseball. Tanner Scott really turned is Dodger career. I guess is the best way to put it around from a year ago in his first season, all the expectations David and the disappointment to what he's done this year.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and think about where the Dodgers would be if Tanner Scott had not turned his season around. Considering the injury to Edwin Diaz this year, Tanner Scott has filled into the closer role with not too many hiccups forty one innings pitched. The thing that stands out to me the most tim is the strikeout to walk ratio this year. Fifty three strikeouts, only five walks, and a guy that was hurt a lot late in games. He gave up eleven home runs last year, only has given up for this season. And he really hasn't been able to articulate what has changed for him. But I had a chance to catch up with Dalton Rushing and I asked him, what's been the difference?
Speaker 4: Conviction? I think it's confidence and conviction. It's he's convicted and getting ahead. He's got the confidence that his stuff's better than you, and it's hard to beat a guy that has that type of confidence up there. It's we watch guys like show Hey, we watch guys like Yamamoto and obviously tons of other arms in this clubhouse, and how they pitch with confidence and they use it to their advantage, I guess you could say, and it pays off. In the end, and so being able to get a little more confidence back into him after last year is huge for us as a team obviously, but also him as a person and him as a player.
Speaker 6: I think he said it best conviction, believing in himself, and it seems like it's dimmed from better preparation as well. Feels like Tanner Scott's better prepared this year when he comes into games.
Speaker 5: Dave real quick, rookie Sasaki, Is that a bigger glove he's using out there on the mount or what?
Speaker 8: No doubt it's a bigger glove.
Speaker 6: But when Dave Roberts has been asked about it, he has dodged that question. And you know, we'll see what happens tonight if the opposing manager, Andy Green, decides to measure the glove, because that's well within his right.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I hope not all right, David. I'll check back with you in just a couple of minutes. Still to come here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear him from Will Klein. What a experience he had. Yes, it will dive deeper to this pitching matchup of Gorse. But up next for Dodgers Magical Moment Dodgers and Mets on this Friday. Thanks for being with us. Hopefully you're staying cool on this hot Friday afternoon. I'm Tim Keats's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Wrongo Casino Dodgers Hunting Game on your home for.
Speaker 1: La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and Mets. Rookie Sasaki Shaman and I are the pitching matcha first pitch set from Queens, New York at four ten.
Speaker 8: Who wants Hot?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfey Magical Moment.
Speaker 3: Pitch Magical presented by Hawpy Hot Times.
Speaker 5: Well, the Dodgers take get on the Mets. We go back to nineteen eighty Eight's not the World Series, the Nationalleague Championship Series between the Dodgers and Mets. Game four, then say Stadium, ninth inning, when Mike Sooshia came up with a huge home run.
Speaker 12: Soosha had to play Hernandez playing back.
Speaker 8: Of the runner at first, and that's ripped to right.
Speaker 12: Field and deep Strawberry goes back. She's gone. Mike Soosha with thirty five home runs in eight and a half years in the major leagues.
Speaker 8: And we talked about him throughout the series.
Speaker 1: Big gets strong.
Speaker 12: But really ups contacted her.
Speaker 1: A man who doesn't strike out a lot and.
Speaker 12: Who doesn't hit very many home runs, averaging about four per season.
Speaker 1: HiT's the biggest of his career.
Speaker 12: It wasn't the home run, it was the walk, and he had a solo homer with nobody on it bear four to.
Speaker 8: Three ball game.
Speaker 5: Jarre Powelton, Yes, Mike, Mike Sosha drilled the two run home run into the Mets bullpen and right field to tie the game. The game went into extraradians into twelfth. Kirk Gibson, was in in a one for sixteen slump in the series, hit a two out home runoff Roger McDowell to give the Dodgers the lead. As the Dodgers will then hang on and win in twelve innings, five to four to win Game four of the nineteen eighty eight NLCS, says Hofey, magical moment brought to by Hofey Hot talks Haffey, so Cow's local treasure for nearly one hundred years. Offey Hot talks local and so great. Well we continue here. I'm Wrongo Casino Dodgers on debt. We'll check in again with Jose, Mota and Tim and Vasse the lead drop to first pitch. I'm Tim Kason's the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck.
Speaker 1: On your Home for the Blue all season long.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the New York Mets on this Friday. Rookie Sasaki Shaman Naya the pitching matchup in this series opener Dodgers back at it after day off yesterday. Time now for the Barson startup as we are thirty four minutes away from the start of the game. Now, Verizon, you can lock in that low price for three years so you can say big visit your so Cal Verizon store. Today we head back out to City Field. David Masse, Jose Mode.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Rick Monday is in Cooperstown again, so Jose Mode is filling in for Mode during this series. And Roki Sasaki is on the mound. And all the talk since his last start, Jose has been about his cartoonishly big glove. Is it? Is it the glove? Or is it Roki? Everybody wants to know it's roky The glove is not being thrown a whole play.
Speaker 13: Nobody's hitting a glove or swinging out a glove.
Speaker 6: Fass, Come on, I know it's a good story to talk about it, have a narrative and let it go. But you know what, one thing, I go back to Rokian the fourth inning against the Rockies. Okay, to me, that was the biggest change. He had a double by Carrols before that a single by Rumfield, and he was a little upset. I know that there's some words that he expressed to elst Ralfons of that time after that inning. But since that he went one, two, three throughout order, second to throw nobody out and then he just turned it on. But there's some things obviously that are working for him. Bottom half is better. Twenty one fastballs at one hundred plus last time out the big lights in New York, and I think, and I told you this, and we talked about this in the post game. Dave Roberts almost like psychologically he's like, how long do I want Rookie to wait for his next start? Well, you know what Yankee Stadium here is go out there and get it done. I know that things lined up properly for that start, but he's been a different guy. And Dalton Russia was telling me that, as he expressed publicly, he had a hard time catching.
Speaker 8: The splitter because of always moving so much.
Speaker 6: Because now the extension that he has, and Roki was churning with me through a translator that he and his bottom half have a better connection to understanding. That's why he's able to push off less effort marve velosity about think velocity and it's important.
Speaker 8: Aren't we looking for consistency from Rokie?
Speaker 6: I mean, we've seen this before, not like we saw it last time, but we see a good start, maybe we see two. But isn't this big to see whether or not he can do what he did at Yankee Stadium tonight? It is big for the simple reason that again the padres the eyes, the phase of like I'm scared, I'm scared of what I went through over there, that I was gonna signd with him. Guys opening up and saying like, my Chad are like we thought we had him.
Speaker 8: You know things that that.
Speaker 6: I think the guy in his head a little bit, but I hadn't seen the look that he had the last couple starts since the Angels twice, And to me, Dave, if he wants to find consistency, it's about once about leave. You gotta have some trust, let it go, let it fly, and just he got away from the fourth, but which I'm glad little bit more sliders are in literal consistent still. But I think just having the Yama mortal mentality to say I need to let that splitter go. Averaging ninety one miles an hour is good enough. Now we have ninety eight that he averages, and now you got one hundred now hitters, they think I gotta respect the fastball, commit a little bit earlier. But nonetheless, as you mentioned, consistency in throwing strikes. All right, we'll see whether or not he can do that. He can double down on what he did last.
Speaker 8: He can do that.
Speaker 6: When you talk about Otani supposed to throw a bullpen tomorrow, what do you think about that? Oltani is I'm pays because he wants to pitch, and the Dodgers in a way have to hold him back.
Speaker 8: A little bit.
Speaker 1: Dave.
Speaker 8: It's not a bad thing to keep his arm active. They need to keep his arm active.
Speaker 6: You don't just shut it down for a week and say, oh, by the way, you're starting seven days. It just doesn't work with him that way. But what I'm looking more at right now with his back knee is I just don't think he's able to push off that will and home plate. We see the swings kind of wailing a little bit more. You don't see even when he takes pitches, just based in having a nice foundation on the back leg to push off of a lot of less things that we saw in Philly especially were more like, let me just almost find the ball and just get my arms out. When he's swinging in the arms is not a good thing. But hopefully he'll find more of a base here against the Mets and go back to what he does best.
Speaker 13: And he's not going well. Also, he's getting his walks all right.
Speaker 6: We'll see what he does tonight if he can go and use the bigger part of the field. Tonight felt like he was swinging for the home run in Philly because he had not hit one in that ballpark.
Speaker 8: You think he was. I think he was too.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I need that back leg a little bit more so, you know, as he mentioned, in order to hit the ball the other way, he.
Speaker 13: Needs to say I'm back leg all right, thanks, Jose.
Speaker 6: Look look forward to hearing you and Steven Nelson on the call tonight and the rest of this series in New York.
Speaker 8: We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, all right, thanks a lot, guys. Dodgers Baseball's percent about Uniclo Field at Dodger Stadium. Visit uniclow dot com, slash us still to come here on Dodgers on Deck. Before first pitch, we'll get you a preview of the pitching matchup. Jose, I'll be back with Stephen Nelson. Don't getting you the keys to the game. But up next we go high and tight. Well we'll climb. What a year it's been for the big redhead. Brought up nobody knew who he was, came up big in the World Series. Now burst onto the sea as one of the best Dodger relievers. We'll hear from him next to lead you up to Dodgers and Mets. I'm Tim Kaitsons, the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 8: As we were.
Speaker 3: Saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Jack on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's Dodgers and Mets start of a three game set. Is this East Coast road trip after the All Star break continues? Rookie Sasaki Shamanai of the Bitching Matchup Dodgers Baseball brought you by Shaky's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner of the Dodgers audio broadcast. When it's game day, it's group day at shakys dot com.
Speaker 3: And now what will likely be vast fielding insults from a Dodger.
Speaker 5: Player, It's an engagement of endearment.
Speaker 1: This is high and tight.
Speaker 6: Well, the last twenty hours, I've spent a lot of time with Will kleinb Will Klein and I. We're on a bus to the Senate Building. Will Klein and I. We're together at the Oval Office, the White House, and Will Klein is in the clubhouse at City Field. Now, Will, thanks a lot for the time, and I apologize for spending so much time with you the last twenty hours.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me ahead of blast hanging out.
Speaker 8: What was it like?
Speaker 6: I mean, here we are in the middle of July. You guys are trying to repeat and yesterday was a pause, kind of an out of body experience where you're being celebrated for last year's championship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was cool. I mean getting to kind of come together like look back at it because we're, i mean, we so focused on doing again this year, but to kind of reminisce I mean, Kersh was there and we kind of got to, you know, celebrate that all together again. So that was, you know, cool to be able to like take our minds off this year a little bit. You know, it's kind of flown by already and just kind of reminisced about, you know, how cool and fun and you know stressful last year was, and you know, celebrate a little bit.
Speaker 6: I mean, honestly, you guys are so good at being in the moment and where your feet are. You never allow yourselves to look back at last year. So what was it like a team that is so in the moment to allow you yourselves for a day to look back to last October?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was weird because I mean it's hard to even look back at you know, a month, a week ago, like you're so caught up in like what do we have to do today? And so yeah, just take a step away and like appreciate it's kind of like everything around us was like frozen for a little bit, and you're like able to you know, be with those guys and you know talk about kind of you know how last year was and you know, relive a little bit, and so that was that was cool and kind of like a little break from the season a little bit.
Speaker 6: Like you said, one of the highlights of yesterday was getting to see Clayton Khrushaw again. What was it like to hang out and talk shop and catch up on this year with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was great to see him and talk to him a little bit. I know he's I mean, he watches our games and you know, one of the first things he asked me is why I was throwing a side arm this year. So I'm gonna work on not doing that. I think. I think that just means my arms soft dropped a little bit, So you gonna definitely, I mean, that was good to hear because I mean it might help throwing over the top again, so that'll be good. But just I'm just hearing him and like to hear like what he's been doing. You know, now he's away from playing baseball and you know everything, Like I'm sure it's a lot less stress uh, you know, being away, being away, but I'm sure, I'm sure you miss it and stuff. But it's cool to have him around and you know, see him with the guys again.
Speaker 6: Once he gives you like that cue about where your arm slot is, did you go in to look at it right away today?
Speaker 2: I mean I see, like I definitely drop it, uh, you know when I try to throw my sweeper sometimes and that's like kind of takes me out of my throat a little bit. And so I think that's you know, that can contribute to some issues on other pitches as well if it if it, you know, messes with that, and so I think that's one thing that like, it's I have to fight when I throw that pitch, like stay in my natural and so for him to notice it and like say something like, must mean it's going definitely uh the wrong way. And so just being able to like hear that and say, okay, like I was doing like it correctly, you know, early on, and I think I just got a little bit away from it now, and so just hearing that and be like, all right, I really need to focus on getting back to it. Well, I mean, that'll that'll help us to get into here love it.
Speaker 6: Clayton Kershat doing something pitching coaching at the White House yesterday. Will Klein is our guest as we get ready for first pitch between the Dodgers and Mets. Has it hit you and your teammates that you've been in three different cities within twenty four hours?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the travel. The travel is definitely a lot. I mean, because you have if you had a night game and Philly flew to DC, woke up, did the Senate at White House, and then flew back here last night, So it's kind of a whirlwind. But I mean I feel like yesterday kind of kind of flew by all. We already kind of forgot about it a little bit, but and now we're now we're here ready to play another game. So yeah, it's it's kind of crazy getting to travel all over the place. And you know, I don't if I wasn't playing baseball, would be kind of like my wife traveled with us for like one of the first times, and she's like, I don't know how you guys do it. Yeah, I think it's just like part of the game now, Like I mean, just bouncing all over the place, and so I don't even think about it until you mentioned you had three cities in like twenty four hours, So it's it's pretty crazy, but you know it's fun. They're cool cities.
Speaker 6: Hey, I love being with the rock stars, the back to back world champion Dodgers. Will climb Before I let you go, your bullpen Mats Tanner, Scott and Alex Vesia are trying to get me to agree on Sunday before the game for an hour to put on this like icy hot, red hot thing on my back.
Speaker 2: They're asking you to put cheese on your back.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Do you advise me to take that bet or to stay away?
Speaker 2: Would they offer you.
Speaker 6: You know, a certain amount of money that's less than a thousand dollars?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I would love to see you try it. I think it'd be really funny.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but painful and bad for my health.
Speaker 2: No, they put I mean we all put it on for a reason. It helps you know, it helps you feel better, Okay, it's pain relief.
Speaker 8: Okay, well I got some pain today.
Speaker 6: Will climb. Thank you for the advice. I'm not sure I'm sold yet, but I'll let you know.
Speaker 2: You might as well. I mean, it'd be funny regardless, all right.
Speaker 6: I'm here for your amusement to keep things light on the final leg of this nine game road trip. Thanks a lot for the time, and it was great hanging out yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd a blast there.
Speaker 8: He is my guy, Will Climb.
Speaker 6: A lot of David Veasse time with him the last twenty hours, and he'll receive a gift card to Javiers Newport Beach, Pasadena, Downtown, LA, and all up and down southern California. Javiers Will Climb. You might see him there. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 5: Tim, Yeah, Will Climb makes his way everywhere bur Ranks sports cards as well, so you'll never know. Well you're gonna run into a guy like Will Climb. Thank you, David, Thank you Will. When we lead out the first pitch here Dodgers and Mets, and when we come back, I've deeper to this pitching matchup. Don't you go anywhere? I'm Tim Kates, back to back World Series champion Dodgers. Oh do you know where?
Speaker 1: This is?
Speaker 3: Morongo Casino, Dodgers Hunter's game on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: It's the Dodgers and the New York Mets, as they started three games series, Dodgers eleven games up in the division going into play, best road record in baseball, looking to extend that today as they started a three game set in Queen's. First pitch is coming up at fourteen and.
Speaker 3: Now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching.
Speaker 5: Matchups brought to you by your Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Sean Manaiah on the mound for the Mets two and five with the four to seventy four erra. He's been around thirty four year old left hander, eleventh season now in the big leagues. Came up with the A's been with the Mets now a few seasons. Eleventh year overall fastball, sweeper sinker. He throws that sweeper about thirty three percent of the time, by far his best pitch when he's able to throw it and get swinging missless. He's in his third season now with the Mets, making his eighth start in his twenty second appearance. Yeah, he's been kind of up and down. He's actually thrown forty three innings of relief out of the bullpen, so at one time starter now he's been in the bullpen he's got back starting now, as he's struggled since moving back to the rotation. Really since mid June. He's been one in four with a four to forty two ERA over that stretch. Last time out, Shamanaya four and two third innings, four runs, seven hits, seven strikeouts and a loss to the Phillies against the Dodgers in his career, he's making US eleven start. His fourteenth career appearance, he has two and six with a seven thirty three ERA and fifty seven strikeouts. There has been one guy in particular who has been really good against Sean Manaia, and that is Mookie Betts. Mooki is ten for thirty two with three home runs, two doubles, two triples, two walks, and eight ribbies. He's got a three thirteen batting average against him in thirty two at Bets. It's a pretty good sample size. Roki Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers. He's three and five with a four nineteen ERA. Twenty four year old right hander making his eighteen start. He enters with a little bit of momentum, even though he hasn't won to start in nearly two months. The last time out. He held the Yankees to just one hour and runover five and two third innings. Dodgers won the game two to one, and he touched triple digits multiple times. This is his first time facing the Mets. Roki Society, Sean Manaya Dodgers Mets. We're fifteen minutes away for first pitch. Keys to the game arc coming up next with Steven Nelson and Jose Mota. I'm Tim Kates is the back to back World Series champion Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 3: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on teck On, the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 5: Lead you up to Dodgers and Mets. As we're getting closer to first pitch. Roki Sasaki, Shanmanaya, the Pitching Man Shop. Time now for the Sapporos. Start great moments. Start with Sapporo beer or whatever your taste preference. Toporo has you covered with a variety of crisp and refreshing loggers, including light and non alcoholic beers. Soporo good with sushi, great with baseball. Before first pitch, let's head back up to the booth one final time. Steven Nelson, Jose Mota.
Speaker 7: Guys, all right to see we are getting ready for the first pitch of this game in this series for the Dodgers on the road in Queen's taking on the met Sean Manaya starting for New York opposite Roki Sasaki for the Dodger Sorry, Jose motive, as you get ready for this game to kick off, what's a.
Speaker 1: Key on your mind for tonight?
Speaker 6: Daltum rushing at the bottom of the order because they were so efficient last time we got together and played, they were able to get longer at bats, and for rushing Steven is quite simple. The longer the at bats, the more selective he gets, the better the results. I think he needs to keep it as simple as possible. Knowing that he is the guy. He's going to be facing a lefty, and he's always told me that against lefties. I know they're going to try to get me middle away. They're going to show me a fastball in which Manaya does possess. But I think overall, he changes everything in terms of how they're going to pitch the show, hey, what he expects to see when show he's behind him obviously, in terms of strikes in which counts, and on top of that, how about a Tommy Edmund that of course knows a lot about beating the Mets in the big stage, and it's going to be batting in the very important spot in the line up here tonight.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Tommy Edmund is batting third behind Otani and Andy paj has here tonight. Show Hey is been a little slow out of the All Star break, just four for twenty five, six strikeouts in the six games on this road tip so far. And he hasn't necessarily crushed sean many in his career either, but still he is shohey o'tani, and you know at any moment he could put one in the second deck, as he has done here at City Field before. On the other side, Osey, just a quick key for rookie. Really, what tells the tail from this year is keeping the ball in the.
Speaker 6: Yard and throwing strikes, and on top of that getting rid of the first guy in one inning. Because Rookie has been so good to Steven. One more thing is well MENA scorn position is one issue, but when he allows swings zero zero count first pitch, the average is why lowe. In other words, he is making good pitches. IRTI and counts. Just needs to go out there and continue to attack, finish guys off. You know what, the radar gun does matter to rookie as sosckey.
Speaker 8: Let's keep behind that strike one.
Speaker 7: It's always an important thing, and the Dodgers want to strike first. Hearing this series opener against the Mets, it gets underway momentarily, all.
Speaker 5: Right, first pitch coming out, I'll forget after the game. David Vases got you covered with all the postgame festivities. Is the Dodgers going to action. It's sixty five and thirty eight most wins in baseball, Eleven games up on the Arizona Diamondbacks, who have won eight of the last ten. The San Diego Padres loses to two in a row. They are fifteen games back, and we'll keep an eye on what both those two teams are doing on this Friday. Arizona already underway in our nation's capital taking on the Nationals. Meanwhile, you got the San Diego Padres. They are also on the road. The Padres in action coming up against the Marlins in about ten minutes. So David vass Haes got you covered. When this one wraps up, enjoy it. First pitch is next show. Hey Otani in the batter's box. Don't you go anywhere. I'm Tim Katson. This has been wrong with Casino Dodgers on deck on your back to back the World Series Champion Dodgers Audio now