Speaker 1: Great shows Domistic Late Amphitheater three eleven and Dirty Heads will be there July eleventh, five A Your Death Punch in August eighteen, Slayer September fourth, with the complete details and all of our upcoming shows on the concert page acamfe in dot com keyword calendar.
Speaker 2: That's right, thank zecho.
Speaker 3: Hi ma hiye.
Speaker 2: Lovely Tuesday morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, after a rain delay, thanks for still coming in this morning.
Speaker 2: What's time?
Speaker 3: Did that game end?
Speaker 4: A little after eleven? I looked at the I looked at my phone as we were.
Speaker 5: About to start the postgame show and it was eleven fifteen.
Speaker 3: So were you watching the Spurs Okac during the rain delay? Because that game was epic and I know you love basketball. That game was unbelievable.
Speaker 4: It was checking.
Speaker 5: I mean, they had the NHL game on the big screen in the in the Balmark and Justin Morno was watching that. I kind of go back and forth in the radio booth in the TV booth, chit chatting, answering emails.
Speaker 4: Our guy, Mitch Hested.
Speaker 5: Of the PR department, had the Spurs game up on his iPad. I saw I was kind of lean picking over his shoulder a little bit.
Speaker 4: I was following. I mean I was checking scores, but I was not watching it. It looked at.
Speaker 2: Big, it was epic.
Speaker 3: This is gonna sound like a shot, but it's not. Oh, when the game ended last night at Target Field after the two hour rain delay, what crowd is bigger Flop sweat and tears or the final pitch of last night's game.
Speaker 5: Well, I've been to a flop, sweat and tears, so I do have it. And okay, so the venue is smaller at flop.
Speaker 2: F s f ST.
Speaker 5: The the venue is smaller at FSTs, so.
Speaker 4: We're all, you know, the smaller play and it's a tie.
Speaker 3: If you had to guess how many people were in the stands final pitch, best guess.
Speaker 2: I mean that's more.
Speaker 4: But I'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: Whoever was left was super into the game, rambunctious and sprinting after every foul.
Speaker 4: Ball that Clan Clay played around. And that is a great strategy.
Speaker 5: If you were ever at a Twins game and you can stand to wait out of rain delay, you are now in prime position for foul ball and the ushers are not going to stop you from.
Speaker 4: Going to sit in the front row.
Speaker 5: And so everybody that stayed then got to move to whatever seat they wanted to have the best view.
Speaker 3: By the way, paying attention, Chris just referenced Usher correctly with the right song, but said it like little John Oh John botus.
Speaker 2: More importantly, the one.
Speaker 3: Hundred people that were left, Yes, what percentage of them do you believe listening to the Gleaming of the Geek podcast, because I would bet it's ninety five plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's probably about right.
Speaker 3: Those are your ones, right, if you're going to stick around for the end of that game. Sure, on a random Monday night after a two hour rain delay, you definitely read Twins Daily dot com. For sure, you definitely pay a dollar per episode for a gleaming in The Geek. That is correct, no doubt, that's your Those are your people. Yeah, you should have been there to lead them like the pied Piper. Yeah, Bony through the rain delay.
Speaker 6: We were busy, but otherwise, yes, we'll be there tonight, we'll be there tomorrow.
Speaker 2: So busy, well speaking tonight. But you can go to the Twins game tonight, but you can also go to the Saints game today this afternoon. That's right.
Speaker 7: Yes, This Morning News with Chris Hockey presented by the Saint Paul Saint's Right though.
Speaker 2: Saint Paul Saints are playing today, Ladies and gentlemen, and it is Education Day at eleven oh seven today against Triple A affiliate knsas City Royal is there at cchs Field. Education Day game begins eleven oh seven. Stuff on bychs Field Saints Baseball dot com. You got Flint Hill's Family Festival Night tomorrow, you got the Military Appreciate nighting Appreciation Night, including free tickets for active and retired military members and their families on Thursday, and then Friday night fireworks to kick off the Memorial Day weekend.
Speaker 7: And it'd be clear.
Speaker 3: I assume Education Day at the Saints game is not come to the ballpark and learn.
Speaker 2: Probably not, it's it's probably it's.
Speaker 3: An acknowledgment of people in education or either students going to the game.
Speaker 2: Don't think it is. That's the way I mean. I'm not going to a game to learn.
Speaker 6: I think they're doing some sort of tie in between baseball and math and stuff.
Speaker 7: No, I'm out, and I love the Saints.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's just a learning to get these kids to the finish line, get into the ballpark. It is me I'm saying. And by the way, Saturday, May twenty third, this is coming Saturday Dog Day at the ballpark.
Speaker 6: No, yay, get in free. I will tell you I've been to bark at the park at target Field. I've been to dog Day at the ballpark at hs Field. Much better at hs Field because you've got the right bark at the park. You are limited to basically two sections and including the dogs can't walk around the concourse anything like that. They've got to stay in between the on the concourse. And Bark at the park is much more wide open.
Speaker 2: Bring the dog.
Speaker 6: They've got they've got areas to take the dog for relief within the ballpark. You know, they've got grass areas around the outfield. So it's just areas that the dogs can play a little bit more.
Speaker 2: It's better, man. I just say the Twins having a bark at the park taken a real chance because remember when they threw hot dogs on the field.
Speaker 6: Do you know, uh, just because they are evil, the Twins will play doorbell songs or doorbell sounds over the pa park at the park the dogs all riled up.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 4: And just a quick couple of fireworks after a.
Speaker 2: Absolutely do played door bell sides? Where do they relieve themselves?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 6: They it target field. You have to go out back outside the gate too. They have they have imported a whole bunch of sod that they put on the on the outside of target field and that's where they that's where you're Doug can take care of things.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Well, that's nice. Yes, so they got that's the Saints and that's happening today. And we love you St. Paul Saints. Thank you. Okay, here we go. Number one. A pilot was rescued from a remote ten thousand foot mountain after his iPhone sent a crash alert to nine one one in Alco, Nevada this past Sunday. Small plane crash into the snow capped East Humboldt Mountain and the pilot's iPhone alerted everybody. Emergency responders found the pilot with only minor injuries. His plane was lodged on the side of a steep slope and it took some time to get him out. Eventually, the crews on the ground had to hike up to the site and then I helped a helicopter get the man to safety. That's a hell of a story. That's crazy. Wow, crashed the plane, iPhone sent the thinging, They hiked to get him, and then they helicopter. That's a lot of trouble for one man. That happens to me if I crashed my own plane inside of a mountain and then you gotta work that hard to get me. Just leave me there.
Speaker 7: I'll make sure to tell the police he wants to be there. Leave them alone, like.
Speaker 2: No, just leave him. Trust me, he's finally not bothering anybody. Let him up here we go. Oh, I love this story, but I gotta find the audio version of it, because Southwest Airlines did ban robots from ever flying on their airlines ever, and I have an audio clip of it somewhere, but I can't find it. So I'm just going to read you the story. Here we go, Southwest Airlines fly Mary. Southwest Airlines no longer welcomes human like robots on board its flights. Why because earlier this month, an employee of a Dallas based company called the Robot Studio from Southwest from Dallas to Las Vegas with a robot companion named Stewie. Oh buddy genius. The company. Yeah, the company had bought a plane ticket for Stewie had majeure as battery was FAA compliant. But the very next day, the Southwest Airlines banned human like or animal like robots from its flights, either as or as checked baggage. So the the robots being held down by the man de right well.
Speaker 8: Played that whales, Thank you, both of you are well played. Who one Lone Star?
Speaker 2: I do? I love it, loves it?
Speaker 9: Right? Who watches Blue Bloods?
Speaker 2: I do? Tom Sell?
Speaker 8: Who watches Ordinary Joe on NBC's That Cancer?
Speaker 4: I mean, Southwest would have to allow that robot. That robot's hilarious.
Speaker 2: But are Yeah they are? I'm sorry, but are so?
Speaker 9: Weed?
Speaker 2: Butts are sweet?
Speaker 9: Nice slabs kick ass.
Speaker 2: I like this guy. I like this guy.
Speaker 9: This guy yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 7: That guy's funny or not?
Speaker 9: Yeah yeah yeah?
Speaker 2: Can this can he?
Speaker 9: Can?
Speaker 2: He make a good point?
Speaker 9: This is why no one will be at your funeral.
Speaker 2: That's a great point I did. I used to say that to the chry all the time. I should bring that back. Japanese officials say two people were arrested after breaking into punch the monkeys inclosure. What it happened in each no punch. The monkey was the monkey with the little baby doll.
Speaker 7: Yeah, depressed one.
Speaker 2: Punch.
Speaker 3: His name's punch. His name's not punched the monkey. It's all punch. It's not like request to go fighting. Punch the monkey names great song. I think the other monkeys when he was viral, they seem to want to punch him. They all hated him, like he's the one who carried the stuffed animal around and looked depressed and just getting made fun of him, bullied the.
Speaker 2: Other monkeys verse and going, can you believe the humans are making a big deal out of him? He's getting it on with that right inflatable. Yeah, Chris Hockey literally having sex with it.
Speaker 7: He's the Chris Hockey of monkeys.
Speaker 3: And of course, because they don't understand social media, they don't understand technology, they're probably sitting around going, idiot thinks he's going to be a star. Well, he's like an international headline, a huge sensation, and they're just making fun of him.
Speaker 2: They're bullying him. Meanwhy they didn't know there's that other monkey looking over it punches monkey, then I'm must steal that some bitch and have sex with himself. Wow, Wow, you that other one's called Tommy. Oh, Tommy the monkey. Yeah, how about I walk over and have six with all the monkeys?
Speaker 9: Yeah, golf with him?
Speaker 2: No, no, nobody does anyway. I Punch the monkey and his stuffed monkey toy went viral after being rejected by his mommy h and other monkeys who were living with him because he loved that, love that that plush toy. Zu said it's going to be taking additional measure starting Tuesday, including expanding viewing restriction areas and putting intrusion prevention nets in place because people are trying to get into see punch, leave punch alone. Yeah, would you please? In California, the California, Uh, burglars are getting very very technical. Authorities are finding cameras in different sectors of neighborhoods that are looking at houses specifically so that burglars can find out when people are not home. They're casing the jobs. They're putting cameras in very specific areas. That's what's scary.
Speaker 1: You know that they had the ones right here as we were talking about, and then went down the street.
Speaker 2: So yeah, very specific areas, how about that?
Speaker 3: See that's why So you know, I know a lot of people have ring cams or blink cams or whatever. One of the best things you can do for defense in terms of your home is what I did in the nineties a lot was I would set up like cardboard cutouts on trains, and then I would cast shadows so it would look like they were silhouettes, so it looked like I was throwing like this gigantic party and I was not there.
Speaker 7: Rosie's not going to be here today.
Speaker 2: Oh all right. That was obviously just a home alone reference. It doesn't actually happened to me. He's not here today. No in Italy.
Speaker 7: No, he'll be here like a month from now for the US Open bed He'll be forced to take rom I owe somebody money, Marnie, Yeah, Marni money one hundred bucks.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you make the cut? Who was your golfer?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You just don't mane hundred okay okay. And lastly, a Satan Los County man is facing charges after shooting a firefighting plane near Or A Yeah they did. A forty eight year old was taken into Custida's home in Portage Township, about eleven miles east of or. Authorities said one of the two aircraft responding to a wildfire was damaged by what appeared to be a bullet after leaving Joe Stad Lake. The plane landed safely and the pilot was not injured. The man is being held on preliminary charges including second degree assault and reckless discharge of a firearm, and the investigation no word yet on why he did it. Unbelievable, But come on, I mean, so he was aiming at Yeah, he did it on purpose. Shot. Yeah, Yeah, that's that's that's what they think anyway. I guess that's what they're saying.
Speaker 3: He's fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean good, out of my leg. It's my water. Great shot. Oh, yes, there's that. It's not that.
Speaker 3: It's not bad. Yea.
Speaker 2: The plane was coming down getting water. It slows down a lot. Oh yeah, I mean it's not the greatest. I don't know. I guess you're right, though, I probably wouldn't shot it.
Speaker 4: Ye may you have a choice to shoot it or not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're sure right. I would have missed it though, even if I had chosen to.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they found nine times found that person, because that was the initial thought was.
Speaker 4: How how are we going to find someone in that area?
Speaker 5: Yeah, we have a lot of surveillance they were. They were looking for tips, like does anyone know anyone who's talked about this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, basically said, let's just find another plane over and see. Shoot, correct, there's.
Speaker 4: One want to volunteer to pilot that.
Speaker 2: That's so that guy's in trouble.
Speaker 3: Good good Yeah, good sauce with sports after this power to show fans.
Speaker 2: Jeffersonlliance, it's your number one bus experience. My name is.
Speaker 10: One Night, one Stage one epic band, my chemical romance at target Field. To make that August twenty fourth grader your tickets before they're gone. All the details at KFE dot com. Qure calendar.
Speaker 2: Hey Marns, you know.
Speaker 3: The wild are out, the Wolves are out right.
Speaker 2: We don't have anything.
Speaker 7: Do you know what we have? Oh?
Speaker 4: What do we have?
Speaker 2: Surf side?
Speaker 3: Dang such side?
Speaker 5: We got surf side and we might need the surf side to get us through this off season.
Speaker 4: Those were a couple of couple of tough game.
Speaker 5: Six then't get to six, they got to five to five. Yeah, but what a beautiful like extra season we had. I mean we had twelve extra Wolves games, a full month of basketball.
Speaker 2: We have Chris Love.
Speaker 5: We have become to where our standard is the Western Conference finals, which is a wonderful standard to have, but it is a tough bar to reach.
Speaker 4: We went out in a spectacular blaze.
Speaker 5: Of glory because that was a horrific Game six, which I saw in person.
Speaker 6: I understand you had pretty good seats, were good seats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thanks, thanks Charlie Swanson.
Speaker 2: By the way, Bonus says there's no bar too tough to reach.
Speaker 11: Well, it's just a real stretch.
Speaker 4: It's like an inspector gadget type, said John.
Speaker 2: The bars all the way in Cologne. You can't possibly reach the bar. Guess what he'll be there in ten hours.
Speaker 3: You know what's strange about the Wolves losing specifically, is you know, after both teams were eliminated, there were a lot of people posting that thing of like, all right, the four major men's sports in the Twin Cities, right, we haven't won since nineteen ninety one, and it's like the Vikings are o for whatever, sixty four, the Wild are now for twenty six or whatever it is. You know, I've been alive the entire Wolves run. I was born in nineteen eighty I was super pumped in eighty nine when we got our own basketball team.
Speaker 2: But there were something about seeing.
Speaker 3: The number oh for thirty seven that like, in the back of my head, I'm like, oh, the Wolves have been around for like twenty twenty five years, and you do the match, it is thirty seven years, and like about thirty of them have been absolute ass most and those were the seasons I went to thirty five games a year. But it's like, geez, it is oh for thirty seven that sucks?
Speaker 2: Sucks?
Speaker 4: It doesn't it feel like that it has changed?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you just said it.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's the thing that everybody's I think clinging to is it does feel like, wow, we just got to the final eight and that's not good enough. Yeah, right, the standards have changed because we have ant.
Speaker 5: We have Aunt, and we have Tim Connolly, and we have ownership that is spending money on people like Tim Connolly who are making these really good, tough decisions and pulling strings and working deals. And I just have faith that this new normal, this this new way, whatever, we've turned the corner, whatever, this this iteration.
Speaker 4: Of Timberwolves basketball.
Speaker 5: I feel like if you took the last thirty some years and pit it against the next not even thirty. Let's just go the next ten like this feels like a great time to be a ten year fan of Wolves basketball.
Speaker 3: Well, but here's the downside, and this is a great transition to saws in sports.
Speaker 7: Here's the downside.
Speaker 3: Yep, it's cool that our standard is higher. We just happen to be born in the era of Wemby because I don't I mean, unless he gets hurt, the next ten years is.
Speaker 2: Going to be a nightmare for the entire NBA and then includes us.
Speaker 5: But he's stoppable, he's barely under barely. Okay, Well that's one game. Yeah, okay, that's one game.
Speaker 2: You guys said the same thing about Greg and Cork. Oh, Greg Odenkirk, Greg.
Speaker 4: I just said, Greg Gunn and Cork.
Speaker 7: Is that actual aliens?
Speaker 2: No, for real dragon, Greg greg Odin, Gregton, Greg Goten, Yeah, got hurt. That he would have had a really good.
Speaker 3: Career if he hadn't been constantly injured.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Every year, whoever wins the NBA Championships looked, we hear, Oh, they look at them.
Speaker 2: They're going to be a dynasty.
Speaker 3: It's it's different, this is different, different, different.
Speaker 6: This time last year, all we could talk about how the Oklahoma City Thunder We're going to be an absolute dynastysty.
Speaker 2: Is making them irrelevant.
Speaker 3: So not irrelevant, but it's like, even if Wemby didn't exist, the Wolves would have to worry about Okay, see, for the next decade, the entire NBA has to worry about, how do you stop this team as they continue to get better because He's only going to get better. I think everybody on Twitter last night was saying the same thing that it's like you're watching him literally at twenty two years old, say I'm the best player on the planets. There were people guessing last night that he might have been motivated by the fact that SGA got the MVP award before the game, and Wendy's like, this is going to be mine moving forward, So I'm going to prove it tonight that this is mine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, provided he plays enough games fair Yeah, crazy.
Speaker 2: So good.
Speaker 5: He is an absolute dominant force. We've never seen anything like it. We may never see anything like it for quite a while. Again, he I believe you are correct in saying that he will be an MVP, will be probably the most dominant player we've ever seen in the league. I don't think it means everybody should stop playing now because.
Speaker 4: Wenby's here, so should we we should quit.
Speaker 5: He also needs teammates that are willing to keep feeding him the ball, because what happens when you get a team like.
Speaker 2: What, I didn't hit it? Did you see s and know this week?
Speaker 3: Because Chris specifically has two buttons.
Speaker 2: Just for you.
Speaker 4: No, I haven't wanted to hit it. Oh well I've been What.
Speaker 7: Were you saying about the Spurs on, ma'am?
Speaker 5: Just that sometimes what happens when you have a great team and one dominant superstar like this, you get guys like Champagni, Castle, the Cell whatever that they want to be a star and they want I want my time, I want now. Maybe they're looking to a different team. Yeah, so the Spurs are not going to be this same iteration and all these guys and they're never moving for ten years.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's okay, Corey.
Speaker 5: They're going to dissolve coy or not not have this strong car Sefon Castle had eleven.
Speaker 4: Turnovers last night. Yeah, Cory, he's a good player.
Speaker 3: But really good. And they didn't have Daran They.
Speaker 4: Did not have Daron Fox because injuries happened.
Speaker 2: Yep, uh By the way. I like that.
Speaker 3: Chris was unwilling to play the entire sound bite because he doesn't want to get emails.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you're saying. Yeah, ma'am, ma'am. Yeah, continue please.
Speaker 4: I'm done.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm sorry.
Speaker 5: I just want they're going to be good teams. Yeah, that doesn't mean we stop playing.
Speaker 3: The Wolves have never made it to the NBA finals. They do, they do have a chance by moving to the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 2: That's how you get there. Yeah, that's years down the road, though.
Speaker 3: You move to the East and then you lose to Wemby in the finals.
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, not only do you have RBV, you have just be.
Speaker 3: And how many letters do I have?
Speaker 4: Ronic?
Speaker 5: I mean, look kind of negative outlooks Cno, you.
Speaker 3: Got it, you gotta but you gotta be you gotta be good enough in case he ever gets hurt that if the window opens.
Speaker 2: You gotta punch through. But man, he is uh, he's something else. Man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know how you you know, that's why a lot of respect to writers.
Speaker 2: How do you write how good he is?
Speaker 3: How do you put into words that he's that freakishly good by just going.
Speaker 7: Like he is awesome?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. He's awesome. He is.
Speaker 3: Here's a this is my dad though, because my dad's loving this burs because he's got that bet right.
Speaker 2: You know, you didn't watch the game.
Speaker 3: But you were like, Wemby had forty one and twenty four boards.
Speaker 7: How do you stop that?
Speaker 2: My dad texted me this morning and he said, lose my number.
Speaker 3: No, he said, Wemby Wenby had a remarkable game, forty one points, twenty four boards. Wilt Chamberlain averaged fifty points and twenty five rebounds for an entire season.
Speaker 4: Will roasted.
Speaker 2: That was his entire tweet, his entire tex tweets.
Speaker 6: No, that would be a problem, and Wil Chamberlain had trouble winning championships.
Speaker 5: Wow, is Wemby the freak that we've never seen? Or yeah, yeah, Or to your dad's point, did we already see it in Wilt Chamberlain. We just didn't have Sports Center twenty four hours a day to show us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But Wilt Chamberlain was seven feet tall, and the average opponent for Wilt was five to seven.
Speaker 5: Well that's sort of the same, m I mean, Wemby is a foot taller than a lot of his opponents.
Speaker 3: Sure, foot taller than Rudy Gobert looked like it. At least it really did. What's Rudy like seven one and Victor's what somewhere in the seven four to seven six range, depending on who you believe, with a wingspan of like seven nine.
Speaker 2: Geez becky, yeah, freak freak ma'am mmmm.
Speaker 4: Am, I gonna have to watch this today.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's it's one of the better sketches. Damon, No, it's Will. Will Farrell was a doctor who accidentally removed a penis and during surgery accidentally.
Speaker 2: He feels terrible about it, though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 2: One of those things. Yeah, and uh yeah, do you want to hear the actual sound bite? Do you want to hear it?
Speaker 4: Marts you tell me do I would?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go, ma'am.
Speaker 2: Yes, please don't be a bit.
Speaker 9: To go over.
Speaker 2: A couple of minutes later, he goes.
Speaker 7: Ma'am, what did I say about being a bit?
Speaker 2: You got? It's top five all time and you will love it.
Speaker 3: It's a great sketch and you will love the episode though, because, as we mentioned Monday, Molly Shannon, Will Ferrell's buddy Molly Shannon made a cameo and in a sketch about like a school player, so that's some kind of musical And Tommy Brennan of the Twin Cities right Minnesota's own Tommy Brennan, who's NSNL, has to sing a high note and she's like no, no, no, like you know, give me more, and she pulls up his pants basically to like, you know, tighten his ball, so he screams like a soprano. And then she's like no, no, no, no more and legitimately just grabs his junk literally. So if we get to meet Tommy Brennan, the first question is going to be what was it like to have Molly Shannon basically squeeze your genitals on national television? Dream because there's no acting there, like she got in there.
Speaker 7: It was a full on.
Speaker 4: Like you know, I'm sure he was wearing some protection.
Speaker 3: Well that can be question was how much access did she have to.
Speaker 5: Ask him during the I Will little when he introduced she got in there, you're right in there.
Speaker 2: June twentieth, baby, Hell yeah, huggs. Time about an honor? I think I don't I don't know. She's great.
Speaker 4: I'll definitely watch.
Speaker 2: It, ma'am, ma'am, that's gonna become a classic. That's gonna be as like, but it's gonna become the new But ma'am, ma'am, what did I say? Yeah, you got it. It's really really good. All right, there's gonna be Vike's News and much more. Tonny Bones is in here as well. There's Morning Garnar. There's stuff to talk about, right marks always.
Speaker 3: I don't know if we ever definitively said that the Spurs did win in double overtime against OKAC Again, Wemby was awesome. That game was just back and forth. There were multiple times in basically regulation overtime, in double overtime where it looked like both teams were gonna win.
Speaker 2: So Wemby's long.
Speaker 3: Distance three in the first overtime was probably the craziest highlight. But it was honestly really dramatic. Tons of entertainment last night. Good game level m relatively low, actually, ma'am. He just wasn't very good and check was not good. But Alex Caruso kept the Oklahoma City Thunder in the game the same.
Speaker 7: Yeah you love that show, ma'am.
Speaker 3: This is the Power Trip Morning Show on the Fan from the one eight hundred Ask Gary Traffic Center. This report is sponsored by Total.
Speaker 2: My Chemical Romance and more. Don't wait as you're now Cathey dot com Keyry Contests. There goes morning.
Speaker 3: She was in here spouting nonsense, big.
Speaker 7: Citrus wearing a lot over there, ma'am.
Speaker 2: That's right on the mikey easy, Yeah, ma'am, I'm Maris.
Speaker 8: It's time for Vikings use on the Power Trip presented by It's.
Speaker 2: A truck accession of pro store, you know, getting around it. We all know it's the Vikings. The stuff is happening. Yep.
Speaker 3: It's going to be formally announced today, but the Vikings will get the twenty twenty eight NFL Draft.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, hell yeah.
Speaker 3: So next year is in Washington, d C. But in twenty twenty eight, the.
Speaker 2: NFL Draft is coming to the Twins todays. If I live that long, it's going to be the greatest thing these eyes I've ever seen. You'll go, sure, man, are you kidding? I've never been to an NFL draft. Cool, it'd be great, great, And what.
Speaker 4: Do you think that people will gather outside.
Speaker 2: No Good Bonus's House, West Bank Stadium and surrounding areas. Officials of The event could draw hundreds of thousands of fans and generate significant and economic impact. If confirmed, which will be today, it would mark the first time Appolis has hosted the NFL Draft. Let's go, let's in April April, Yes, sir, right, let's hit. Let's hit this time. Ye hit it.
Speaker 3: But that's why we're gonna have like MLA as a backup plan. Right, they can have the quote draft downtown Minneapolis. But if it's like, well it's raining or there's still snow, or it's weird because it's Minnesota, and then we just go get a pretzel.
Speaker 2: Well, No, the USBA Stadium is enormous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and all that matters is the TV people, the people that are being drafted is covered. They don't care about the rest of the weather is covered. I mean you know what I mean. Like that even if like even in areas where there isn't, they build.
Speaker 4: Like a huge, huge one sit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when they get in the middle of the lake in Vegas, Yeah, they don't care. They really did. They didn't put this stand down in the middle of the fountains. Yeah. Remember Zach was there naked. He was yeah, well he was naked there, but he didn't know the draft was going high. He was on Peyote kyote naked. It was not high. Yeah, they can be mutually exclusive. You know.
Speaker 7: I don't want you to assume I was high, thank you, because you're always high when you're not here to wow.
Speaker 2: Am I wrong, ma'am, ma'am, ma'am, ma'am. I did.
Speaker 3: Like though, a lot of people on Twitter said the same thing that we, at least initially question was where the hell in Minneapolis are we going to fit all these people? Where is there enough area for a couple of hundred thousand people outside of US Bank Stadium. But we're going to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Why don't they just taped over? My mam already was shake that healthy butt? Literally, look at this, How's that possible? I don't look at this, Zach that says, ma'am right there healthy?
Speaker 7: But somebody makes a lot because.
Speaker 2: I just hit it at the beginning of this segment, right, somebody just taped over. How's that possible?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: What's see? I'm telling you there's a weird spirit speak of that. Here's the hot house video from Sauce.
Speaker 1: He was marty, he was, well, we think it's going to be it I don't know, maybe it was over.
Speaker 2: My healthy butts. Yeah, saucet, did you hear?
Speaker 7: So the microwave was off, so I went downstairs to flip.
Speaker 4: The here the office.
Speaker 7: No, at my house, I wouldn't put the effort in to fix the microwave here.
Speaker 2: I don't want your live that's I know you say that all the time. And I flipped the what is it.
Speaker 4: Core light switch?
Speaker 7: No, the circuit breaker to turn the microwave back on. When I came upstairs, my iPad was just playing soccer highlights and my iPad was closed. Oh yeah, see, thank you Marty.
Speaker 2: That's the response, okay.
Speaker 4: And real Madrid.
Speaker 2: A lot of drama surrounding this has been closed.
Speaker 7: Why is this plane?
Speaker 4: Well that's good, right, Well yeah that's creepy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I'll here that without the sound.
Speaker 6: So somebody somewhere around your i've head said hey, Siri something and it interpreted it as it's closed.
Speaker 7: It shouldn't play anything. If it were open, sure, then I'd be like, well something happened. Somebody yelled. No one in my house is ever going to say play soccer highlights. Just let me ask you a question.
Speaker 3: Let's say the the FBI, the CIA, the police, everybody shows up because.
Speaker 2: It's an emergency sex pistols.
Speaker 3: And somebody says, Paul, we weren't here, but we want your absolute best guess.
Speaker 2: Of what happened. What do you say, man, that's a good question.
Speaker 7: I would probably say it's probably unexplainable why my iPad just started playing soccer highlights.
Speaker 3: They're asking for your best guess, not an admission of not knowing.
Speaker 7: I'd probably say I can't explain it. It might have been the wizard Man that follows me around every once in a while.
Speaker 2: Do you think can I ask your questions? Mere? Can ask? Do you believe the police know of the Wizard Man?
Speaker 7: I mean, I don't know, but I'm saying, do you know the muffin Man? Obviously?
Speaker 2: I don't. You mentioned the wizard Man. Are they gonna go like this the wizard Man? You're gonna go. I think it was the Wizardmen. They're gonna go not again, some of them.
Speaker 3: So, Paul, what's your best guess what happened?
Speaker 2: It's unexplainable, but I know that.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying, like, if you had to guess that, what's your best guess?
Speaker 2: My best guess is it's unknowable.
Speaker 3: I had to, you know, just throw a dart and take a shot at it. What would you say, RBV Yeah, I.
Speaker 7: Would guess that the energy in my house when I flipped the switch for the microwave caused some chasm of energy into my iPads are playing soccer highlights.
Speaker 4: Chasm is a good word.
Speaker 2: Thanks, words, exactly what you want.
Speaker 5: I have a follow up question, how old or new is the house that you bought?
Speaker 4: And what do you know about the former resident?
Speaker 6: Your point is this one followed you from house to house the wizard.
Speaker 7: The wizard has followed me from house to house.
Speaker 5: Yeah, give Ben the previous residence of this There.
Speaker 6: Was a reason why we call it the wizard Man as opposed to something else.
Speaker 2: Wiz about Yeah, because I've seen him in my dreams.
Speaker 7: Zach has sensed his presence at my condo, right, Zach back, Yeah, I wasn't in Kansas anymore.
Speaker 3: See he's saying there once and because it doesn't exist, Because that's nonsense, Because.
Speaker 2: You're an adult TV button bar.
Speaker 5: Have you ever proclaimed to the wizard Man that he is not welcome and he should leave.
Speaker 7: Well that I've heard that works away No, I've not said anything to him because every time, like I see him, he's gone.
Speaker 6: Maybe he's looking up for you, maybe.
Speaker 2: He goes away quick. Every time you see he's gone, Yeah, he's scurried.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, I'm saying so. Then technically the opposite would be true. Every time you don't see him, he's there. Now I'm starting to get it.
Speaker 2: It's like the little girl in uh in sixth sense, Man, I know she's under that head like that. You know she's in that tent.
Speaker 3: You would not like Widows Bay then, because it's that same kind of creepy vibe.
Speaker 2: Would I like it? I don't know. Again, I don't like horror movies, but this show is fantastic.
Speaker 7: Love those kind of The little.
Speaker 2: Boy says, do you want to see my dad's gun? Oh my gosh, Oh my gosh, say what you want about n No, for sure. Wow, that's a hell of him.
Speaker 3: Movie's a ten out of ten.
Speaker 2: Mar Do you remember that part you remember in sixth sense when the boy says you want to see my dad's gun. He turns around, his head's gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had been shot in the back of the head. Oh my gosh, it's unbelievable that.
Speaker 11: I don't movie one time, and a lot of it I watched with my eyes closing, my ears plunged because you were I was, Yeah, I think that's the last scary movie I watched.
Speaker 6: In that movie, the I Do Not Do Well, where Bruce Willis meets the boy for the first time in that church.
Speaker 2: Yes, Uh, that's true. We got married. That's of course it is. That's not surprising.
Speaker 4: Oh that's romantic.
Speaker 2: No, it's very That's a beautiful church.
Speaker 6: We recognize that the inside is not the one we got married in, but when they see it walking up to the door, that was the church we got married with, the big red door.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And don we've got pictures of red door. Yeah. I found a Philadelphia band that I really loved that I wanted to ask you about if you've heard of them? Yes, dude, how the hell did you do?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Wizard?
Speaker 7: He's the wizard.
Speaker 6: I'm convinced now that it was also recommended to me by the same person who recommended Window Bay, who is h Steve Newlon Randball Stu who writes for Twins Daily, writes satirical stories every Friday, and he's got his He recently started his old substack in newsletter and these are the tidbits that have picked up from said newsletter.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic.
Speaker 3: He just appeared on My friends at Trivia Mafia and their podcast No Brains, No Light Bulb, rand Ball.
Speaker 2: Stu was the guest a week ago.
Speaker 7: He's having a big morning on the.
Speaker 2: Is the Wizard, Mister Wizard, there are a million bands. I asked you about a band, and I said, have you ever heard of a band from Philadelphia? And you nailed the one I was asking about. That's incredible. I'd never heard of them until this weekend, Corey. They're called The Men Singers there. They look like they're may be about your guys' age. They've put out a bunch of records before. I'd never heard of them until this weekend and I heard their new single. But I was on my way to help Abigail move and I am officially obsessed with this band. This is a great band yet the dude their newest two singles on their record that I've been released yet they are great songs, all right. It's like it's kind of like the kind of music that would have been popular in the early two thousands, late nineteen nineties. I couldn't love them more than I do. I can't believe you just pulled that out of your anails.
Speaker 6: They are coming to town sometime here in this this summer as well.
Speaker 2: Chance Encounters is their new single, and Nobody's Hero is their other and and the new record is going to be called Everything I Ever Saw. And they look like like dads. They look like they would be golfing with us. Well, and this is this is redbell vibes.
Speaker 4: So yes, I couldn't say Men's zingers one word like.
Speaker 2: Somebody last name is Men's or something like that.
Speaker 4: Well, you maybe can see him in person.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wire they're playing somewhere right here this this summer.
Speaker 3: They don't watch soccer highlights, but any chance do they. They're at the Varsity Theater October sixteenth. Okay, it's the wizard man. He's out to get us all, especially I didn't do it. He's going to get Cory. So when you claim that you saw the wizard was was he casting spells or just had a beard or something?
Speaker 2: Oh, he had a wizard hat, he had a beard, he had a uh what's a wizard?
Speaker 7: Wand a wand it's a wizard one hit a wand in his hand, and he was at my condo that I used to live in, and he's followed me all over. I saw him like, uh, he was a grand View. He followed me there. I saw something really weird. Yeah, I'm not kidding. There's a spirit that comes to me in the middle of the night when I'm like half asleep.
Speaker 3: Hey, do you think that I off air?
Speaker 2: Do you think I like you? No? No, I mean off air?
Speaker 7: Oh off air? I think you love me?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: We get along off air?
Speaker 9: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Very well?
Speaker 3: Really well, yeah, this is off air Corey talking. Oh okay, well this is like dad talking to me. You need psychiatric assistance.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you.
Speaker 2: I want you to seek help.
Speaker 7: I don't need help. I mean I need help, but not that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I saw him at Grandview.
Speaker 2: He was.
Speaker 7: Above the bed looking at me for some reason. And then I went back to sleep. I always see something like every once in a while in the middle of the night. Yeah, I'm serious.
Speaker 2: I don't like it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's weird.
Speaker 2: Do you Marty?
Speaker 3: Don't you say you saw the same person sitting in front row at the Wolves game game six h.
Speaker 7: Person.
Speaker 2: I saw the same person on the TV.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's available to everybody, man thanks to Charlie and Chuck Manson.
Speaker 2: Hot Chuck Manson.
Speaker 3: He cleaned himself up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he went on.
Speaker 7: No, yeah, hot Chuck Manson holds yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, it's it's his year. Yeah, he bought likes whit is King of the World tall test.
Speaker 2: Chuck Manson rebranding himself. That's gonna be tough for him.
Speaker 7: He got the swastika removed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, he got a haircut. Could be easy, Hot, Chuck.
Speaker 7: He's doing better. Yeah, he is doing great.
Speaker 3: Hey, the goal for all of us should be to be better people, and we need to improve. And sure the bar is pretty low for Chuck Murder, but he's taking steps.
Speaker 2: Telling ladies that need to lose about tim but.
Speaker 3: Honesty something to be you know, honored and respected. He said he wanted to just be honest with her. Yeah, he said, ma'am, ma'am, do you have the audio with that?
Speaker 2: I have it somewhere. I get it, ma'am, ma'am.
Speaker 7: I can be honest with you, right. Sure wouldn't bother you to lose upon ten pounds, he says.
Speaker 2: He says, it doesn't take me to tell you that you need to lose about ten pounds. I know, I know, I can be honest. Friends, Yeah, come on, just being honest. That's hot.
Speaker 3: Chuck Manson that hot Sea Murder, that was average sea murder. Now he's the Smoke shows A.
Speaker 7: Weird segment, Viking, Is that the one as attracted to? No, that's Richard, he's hot. RICHDZ Yeah, had apps.
Speaker 2: He's better than hell. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hate to break it to you, but this is the Powers Morning Show on the fan.
Speaker 2: From the one eight hundred. Ask here erea traffic center.
Speaker 4: This report is sponsored by True Green.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 7: We have an accident Highway one hundred