Speaker 1: It's Mojo in the morning show.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you, you know, I've I'm not one that ever would complain about fat shaming, you know, And I don't think that i'd necessarily care if somebody ever wants to call me fat.
Speaker 1: I've always been good with whatever.
Speaker 2: But there is a new form of fat shaming that I'm not happy with, and I'm going to talk about it right now. And it's people who are vegans. Vegans are basically fat shamers. And I want to bring this up right now. And none of you guys are vegans, right, No, you were Presbyterian ones Presbyterian and pesca and pescar And what's the difference between being a vegan and whatever pescatrians fish? Yeah, okay, I don't think vegans.
Speaker 3: Vegans don't even eat cheese like vegetarians will eat cheese, but.
Speaker 1: Vegans doesn't it?
Speaker 2: You know, you guys have probably have heard the old joke, you know, how you can tell if someone's vegan. Oh, they'll tell you that far right. They are always tell everybody that they're vegan. You ever notice that when somebody is a vegan, they tell you what's.
Speaker 1: The difference between them and gluten, gluten.
Speaker 2: I don't talk about gluten unless I'm ordering and I say, hey, I have to be gluten free. I don't sit there and go, I'm gluten and you got to be gluten. Vegans try to make everybody vegans. They always do that. So we have friends that are vegans and we were eating with them and I said to Chelsea, I go, I go. First off, Ever, since they became vegans, they have not become fun. They're not fun enough, Like it really is not fun like being out with them. They used to be like the wild Fun crew, Like I always felt like they. You know how sometimes when people get over the age of forty, they turn either really really fun and wild, or they turn not fun at all. They get responsible. That's kind that's kind of what they did. So we go out to eat, and the whole time they sat there asking a million questions about what the food was cooked in and how it was cooked. And then when I ordered my meal and I'm ordering meat, they literally kind of started telling me about how the meat, you know, is killed, and how it is processed and what it's doing in my stuff. They talked about gut health. If I hear another person tell me about gut health, like, I don't want that. I feel like there's all these these kind of like chic terms and cheek words that people use. Gut health is kind of the thing that everybody starts using nowadays. So I was trying to express to them that I really didn't want to hear about this by googling, ain't vegan? And I wanted to know what is stuff that people who are vegans don't realize is not vegan.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you did your research.
Speaker 2: Dryer sheets and detergents. Many of the dryer sheet brands and the cleaners are not vegan. So I said, oh, do you use dryer sheets? And then okay, they have tattoos. I found out that tattoo ink is not vegan. That while there are some plant based dyes, a lot of the black inks are made from charcoal made by burning animal bones.
Speaker 1: Who knew.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then chewing gums. I said, you ever chew gum? And they're like, yeah, we chew gum from timetime, like when I have bad breath or whatever, animal derivted gluc ginger, whatever the heck, it is not to mention aspertain in some of these gums. See so I just wanted to throw that out there as a little learning lesson. Right now, do you have people that you go out to eat with and you hate going out to eat with them because they are constantly like looking at you differently by what you eat.
Speaker 1: All my people eat meat.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was the only outlier, I guess in my friend group, or in my family for that matter, nobody is vegan. I was the only pescatarian, so people had to switch up their menu to accommodate my appetite and the things that I enjoyed. But I never tried to like pressure people to lay off the burgers or the ribs or anything like that.
Speaker 1: Eat what you want to eat.
Speaker 4: But when it comes to vegan, I think a lot of people are just vegan for what they eat. They don't go into, you know, the depths of it. Because if you like vegan vegan, I think you got to worry about what you shampoo your hair.
Speaker 1: I don't even think you can wear leather.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think, and it seems like a possible future.
Speaker 3: Whoa I was a Seagan for ever heard of that? So I don't I don't like meat to begin with, but a Seagan only eats things that don't have central nervous systems, so like they can eat clams, muscles, scallops, but like anything with the central nervous systems.
Speaker 2: So many, I would never even think about something.
Speaker 1: Have you heard of vegetarians? We found that out yesterday.
Speaker 3: Shout out to all the studs in my d MS.
Speaker 2: And I do want, I do want you to know that they do have central nervous systems.
Speaker 1: Olivia, what's going on? Olivia?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Hi, good morning guys.
Speaker 7: Friday.
Speaker 6: So, we moved into.
Speaker 7: Our neighborhood a couple of years ago and we had a black party and we kind of set it up, and this older lady emailed me from like one of our neighbors telling me that she was vegan, and I was like, okay, that's cool, like we'll definitely have veggie burgers, you know, other things like other options. And then after she sent me like multiple articles on why we should become vegan and why like everyone else should become vegan, and I was like, okay, I don't even like I don't even know you.
Speaker 2: They tried to converge, you know, they're like scientologists, you know what I mean, Like they try to turn you into them you know the article she sent me.
Speaker 7: I was like, where did she get these from? And like I'm happy to accommodate, but like, no.
Speaker 8: I like me.
Speaker 2: We have a we have a family member and I won't say who it is, but that when they come to our house for Thanksgiving, they want us to make a faux turkey or whatever it is, like a fake turkey, and they asked us to do it. And I look at them and they your own first. Listen, I'm not judging off everybody off of one person, but ever since she became vegan, she looks so much more pale, like she does not look healthy health. And I don't know if maybe she's just not wearing makeup because of it, but yeah, if you're coming to the block party, we're eating meat.
Speaker 1: What's going on? Angela? How you doing? Hey? Good morning.
Speaker 8: So I had a I had a philosophy class in college and she happened to be vegan. She was a teacher or whatever she brought in.
Speaker 9: She was trying to link the ties.
Speaker 8: Between veganism and Marxism, and so she she had this guy come in and he literally said, he goes, my method is scream like scream teaching.
Speaker 9: So he's screaming at us for three hours and showed us and showed us an animal slaughtering video. And if we were wincing in the video, we needed to question our morals and question our choices in life to why we were, you know, turning away and like it was the most wild experience in my life.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's crazy. First off, that's wild. That's an assumption that you would sit there and go, oh my god, that's crazy. But also the idea that they brought a guest with them, like a guest speaker, to come and try oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah, no.
Speaker 8: I definitely once I got because it was at OCC and once the semester was over, I got a phone call from the admissions office and they're like, yeah, we would love to hear your feedback on your careerience.
Speaker 2: I'm like, let me tell you, Wow, that's amazing. What's up, Sophia, what's happening?
Speaker 6: Hey, how's it going guys?
Speaker 1: It's great. Hey.
Speaker 2: By the way, the mojo on the morning show is one hundred percent vegan free.
Speaker 1: We're free of all vegans. Go ahead, what's going on?
Speaker 6: Fine with me? So I got these new people working at my work and I asked one of them if they were vegan, and they were not, and they were extremely extremely offended by And I guess, and so I guess that saying someone is vegan when they're not is an insult.
Speaker 2: Oh real, Oh so they got it? Well, what made you think that they were vegan? Like, why would you ask that?
Speaker 6: I feel like they just have a look, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: What's the look? Describe the look?
Speaker 6: My god, Let's say, if it's a girl, for instance, they're gonna have like short hair, maybe their hairs dyed a certain color.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a wild color, probably grown out their armpit hair.
Speaker 2: Exactly by the way, you are racist, against it against I was watching to know that what's going on, Courtney?
Speaker 1: How you doing?
Speaker 10: Hi?
Speaker 5: Good morning, Happy Friday?
Speaker 1: Oh yes, what's up?
Speaker 5: I am vegetarian and gluten free and I my husband is Italian and when we went to Chicago to visit downtown, we talked at his family's deli and he was two fears to tell them that I was gluten free and vegetarians, so he ate my entire portion on my plate just so that he did not have to tell them that.
Speaker 2: I was veget Italian families would kill you if you walked in and told them that.
Speaker 5: I know, thankfully the eighteen years that we're still together, but thankfully you made it through. But it and they don't have little plates, they're a big plates.
Speaker 2: I would love that, by the way, Like I actually do think that that would be kind of cool. It's like to have your spouse be whatever it is so that if there is food there, you can eat theirs.
Speaker 1: What's up, rosy high, Hi, good morning, good morning. What's going on?
Speaker 5: So I'm a lunch lady and we have a little kid in Portray who's not allowed to eat meat and faily does it for religion purposes.
Speaker 2: Okay, now I understand that it's part of their religion. Yeah, how do you all accommodate?
Speaker 5: Well, we'll give them like an uncrustable or pizza and no meat, you know, Bosco stick.
Speaker 1: You know what saying? Bosco stick is meat free?
Speaker 10: Is it?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: Is it? Just cheese and sauce?
Speaker 4: So good?
Speaker 2: Okay, So the kids got unbelievable blood pressure though, it's like it's like off the charts from all that high sodium crap that he's eating. Now, thank you for the call. We appreciate it, all right, one last call, April.
Speaker 1: What's up, April?
Speaker 10: Hello? I had an interesting story y'all reminded me of back in high school. A friend of mine was a vegan and teita and everything, but her hair and everything was falling out because.
Speaker 5: She wasn't getting nutrition.
Speaker 10: The family that she stayed with wound up hiding meat nutrition and she never knew for years.
Speaker 2: It would hide meat in things that she was eating to just get her some meat in her ba. My god, how did you guys find out about that? But she didn't find out about.
Speaker 10: That well, like military families and stuff when we all hung out and band camp and everything, so we definitely used to talk about it, and then it was you know later like after graduation and people hung out. Wow, that the true stout finally.
Speaker 2: That's amazing though, that they were worried about her so much they were hiding then.
Speaker 1: Do you know if there were any vegetarians at