Speaker 1: And now an exclusive interview with David Bassey for Dodger Talk. We're here with the man that won the Home Run Derby back in twenty twenty four. That's the one and only tai Oscar Hernandez. By the way, as long as Tioscar Hernandez has been here, home Run Derby, All Star and two championships. So Tayo, thanks a lot for the time. Always great to be with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you for having me. It's always great to hear those achievement signs my time here. Yeah, the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Okay, so none of your teammates are participating in the Home Run Derby, but your coach is throwing to Bryce Harper Dino Ebel. Why is he so good at helping guys win the home run Derby?
Speaker 2: I mean it feels like he went with me in twenty four. Last year he went with Shwarver. Yeah, for the Tidebreaker, I think in the All Star Game. So it seems like every time he throws UH, that player is winning the derby. So it's not a not about by Harper picking of Dino to throw Uh in the derby. So hopefully Dina can win it. Even though Harper have to win it.
Speaker 1: So since you know how to do it, you want it. What is the key to winning the home run derby?
Speaker 2: I just you know, just turn to be simple. Uh, it's not not that hard to hit the ball out of the out of the party, especially if you have power, just knowing yourself, you don't have some swinging hard controlling the moment. It's gonna be a key and not over swinging. So if they do that, they're gonna win.
Speaker 1: How tiring does it get? How much does it take out of you? Uh?
Speaker 2: For me, it was, you know, not bad. I'm used to swim a lot in practice in the cage. Like today I'm most sweating because like the swinging my routine. But it gets to you the next day, your body feels really tired. Resort as far as that, you've never thought it was going to be sore because of that. But if you'll prepare, if you're ready, especially now that most of the players participated before so they know what they have to do, they make some adjustment there that. I think it should be better for the players not to feel like really sore or tired at the end.
Speaker 1: Now that he's not hanging around, I think he wanted to hear you say something good about him. You are Andy pot has his campaign manager, and this smile from ta Oscar Hernandez helped the fans get po has to be a starter out there. How excited are you for Andy?
Speaker 2: I mean really happy. He's been putting a lot of hard work the past three years. Last year it was a little disappointing because I think everybody feel like he has the chance over the serve to be in the All Star Game. Last year he wasn't selected, But I think that make him putting more work. So he have the season that he's having now, and you know he deserves to be there. He's a star, He's a superstar. He helps this team win a championship last year. So happy for him, for his wife so they can get the chance to celebrate all those things that he has done on the baseball field. So thank you for everyone that votes for him and make him no start.
Speaker 1: Hey there, he is the campaign manager for Andy pater has thanks a lot for the time tale. I know I'm not going to the All Star Game. You got a rare All Star Game off, so do you want to spend those three days together?
Speaker 2: I already have plans. But if you would tell me before, I would have stayed here with you. I said, so, okay, yeah, I have already had flans with family and all this stuff, but I was you know, we get to spend time here.
Speaker 1: If it falls through, I'm available.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, I'm gonna think about it. I'm gonna think about it.