Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on a M five to seventy l A Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while it's.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city.
Speaker 3: No congratulations necessary. All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is Petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: The pipes, the pipes, the pie. Don't miss an episode. We're with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, follow the Petros in Money Show wherever you get your podcasts. Now Here's Petros Papadacus and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 3: And me.
Speaker 1: Here is why yourday smote.
Speaker 3: Guys, what you want?
Speaker 4: What you want?
Speaker 3: I wait a long time for this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here's who.
Speaker 2: Some money AM five to seventy LA sports live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app and a huge cannot say it enough. Want to make sure everybody adjusts their schedules because there was a change to our final live appearance in the twenty twenty five calendar year. It is still this Thursday. It is still at the BJ's Restaurant in brew House in West Covina off the ten freeway at Baranka however, the time has changed. Our great apologies. There's some schedule talk to talk. It is a bit humiliating for us. We pride ourselves to time short on the relationship we have with you, the people you come see us when we go out, when we hit the road, we appreciate the hell out of it. Nobody at the iHeartRadio Conglomerate tours the Southland like we do. And it's probably because we're so dependable and we say we're going to be somewhere. You bet, you're ass we're gonna be this.
Speaker 3: That's right, Matt. We don't cancel all the time like some crackhead like Gregory Isaacs.
Speaker 2: You're right, we will be there, but we have to adjust the schedule. The Clippers declined to tell us, despite their being a change in their schedule five days ago, that their game tomorrow against the Thunder was moved until Thursday.
Speaker 3: Slip through the wickets.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we will now do our live appearance at BJ's restauruntber House from two until four pm, not three to seven. Instead of being four it will be two hours. We will still have all the great prizes, the westing House fifty eight inch HDTV, the Charger Texans tickets, the Clipper tickets, the fifty dollars BJ's restaurant of beerhouse gift cards, and all of the stuff we have amassed from our office.
Speaker 3: And much of the knowledge that I've accrued over the years.
Speaker 2: All of that still holds. It is simply the time that has changed. Two until four two until.
Speaker 3: Fourteen change with the time.
Speaker 2: So please hopefully it doesn't screw up your plans too much.
Speaker 3: We hope it doesn't.
Speaker 2: We would love to see you.
Speaker 3: We know most of you don't work. Hence that's why you're into AM radio. Is that it's time for the final hour fun fact. In effect, it's yeah, We're three, brought to you by Concordia University your Minds Masters in Coaching and Athletics Administration program. It's fact there's over two thousand graduates of this program in college and high school in the state of California alone. You know, teaching and coaching and administrating. Accelerate it and elevate your career by joining the vast community of excellence. Visit CUI dot edu slash coaching.
Speaker 2: The theme of the first ever commercially produced Christmas card.
Speaker 3: Was a well.
Speaker 2: It was especially applicable to the Petros and Money Show. It was a drunk card, okay, eighteen forty three. It featured a family of eight drinking wine together, grandparents, parents, children, one of the children even being around a toddler's age, all chugging wine. Victorian families eighteen forty three. What you may think of them, they still enjoyed a little bit of liquid cheer, no matter how old or young they were.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: Man, Merry Christmas. Drink some wine.
Speaker 3: It's time for quick hits, something MS quick hits. Come make it quick, y'all. The Chargers are ten and four, surprising ten and four with all the injuries to their offensive line. There in Dallas on Sunday to face Shody in the Cowboy Shody Shoda, Shody shot with Shatzi. What I ten am kick on.
Speaker 2: A Shody sixty Shody? You know Shoty. I was talking to Shody. You know Shot he's down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's coaching.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good call. We had to dial it up there, Shody.
Speaker 3: The Rams. David Vassay is in the rambling out. I'm in the Rambley now. Eleven and three. They might be the best team in the NFL. And they travel to Seattle on Thursday night to face the Seahawks. Vassay is happy that he doesn't have Dodger talk that night, and now he can watch that game and drink his beer at the Old Yankee Doodles and be in the rambling or go.
Speaker 2: Across the street to the TGI Fridays. He's too old top. He's got unbelievable options done at all. The winner takes over soul possession in the first place of the NFC West. DeVante Adams is a game time decision with a bad hamstring, and Cooper Cup says, if you guys, I'm coming for you. Probably not. The Lakers are eighteen and seven. They're off until Thursday when they play the Jazz. I think the Lakers can win Hot.
Speaker 3: Jazz in Salt Lake City.
Speaker 2: I think the Lakers can win.
Speaker 3: There's no indication that they are.
Speaker 2: I think the Lakers can win it.
Speaker 3: Not in the running to win it. I think the Lakers can win. I'm not by the whole thing.
Speaker 2: Probably not, Steve, did you enunciate those words a little bit more?
Speaker 5: I think the Lakers can win it.
Speaker 3: That's a great he did a great job. You sure did the Clippers are six and twenty. Stand in suit the Clippers have lost. I think the Lakers win. Clippers have lost twenty game. They suck like they suck.
Speaker 2: Donkey des six and twenty.
Speaker 3: Kawhi and Harden didn't face the media last night after their loss Losers five o'clock tip on Thursday, Losers, we're on from two to four and West Cole.
Speaker 2: And they moved their freaking game on us and didn't tell us.
Speaker 3: We can't move it. They give us a lot of money. Cannot play with them. They cannot win with them, cannot coach with him, can't do it. We can't. We can't win with them.
Speaker 6: It's been fifty days since they last won a home game. Fourty. The World Series was still going on the last time the Clippers won a home game and into it, Tim just said the number fifty, not fifty. Team five zero. Nearly two months since they've won a game. At the end to It Dome.
Speaker 3: More off the court news, the NBA Cup might be leaving Las Vegas like Sheryl Crow. The league is openly considering the possibility of moving the championship game of its n season tournament away and then moving them back to the home arenas of the teams playing on the semis and the final Why why poor attendance in a sterile environment and Ali Arena.
Speaker 2: Nobody cares about your stupid Nobody cares about your stupid in season tournament except Mayor Bass.
Speaker 3: Tell me about it. I think the Lakers can win it.
Speaker 2: You didn't want to talk about the All Star Game.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I had into it Dome.
Speaker 3: You didn't want to. I don't want to talk about Nobody to it Dome, nobody.
Speaker 2: Clippers are six and twenty and the NBA All Star Game is going to be at the Clippers Arena and they will not have a single All Star on the freaking team.
Speaker 3: A lot of people died at the Alamo this year. US he's getting ready to play in the Alamo Bowl versus TCU fight, Don't fight All Fight All Trojans are a six point fave. Lincoln Riley announced that safety Kamari Ramsey, receivers Makayle Lemon and Jacobe Lane, and tight end Lake McCree, and linebacker Eric Gentry will not play for the Alamo Bowl. What I don't fight, an't fight all? Lane de Crown declared for the draft, and he said look, John Wayne didn't even make it through the Alamo. I can't play this. Too much of a too much of a risk. McCree.
Speaker 2: He's out, he say's not gonna play stupid Alamo Bowl.
Speaker 3: Starting quarterback for USC, Jaden Mayava is returning for the twenty twenty six season. What's good news. We all assume this, but now they have to make an official announcement that he's re signed with the program for the twenty twenty six season. His return now turns the attention to five star backup Hassan Long Street.
Speaker 2: That street is so long you can't see the end of it. It's like, man, this thing goes forever.
Speaker 3: It really is. I mean you really, I mean it's like Western and it's long blocks. You know what I mean, Like you know what I mean, no brain, no red line anymore, nothing. It's hard to get down that long asstreet.
Speaker 2: Long Street.
Speaker 3: Hussan, It's unclear if Long Street will be able to wait for the bus.
Speaker 2: I have an answer to that.
Speaker 3: He won't. Will look at ty Simpson and Alabama waiting on his turn and look at him. Now, wouldn't you wait your turn to let him?
Speaker 2: Makes he cut out? Now he's out. There throwing it around at Ohio State. Someone likes long streets. Some people don't. They like short cul de sacs. You know, you get in and you get out.
Speaker 3: There's an example for everybody that left that there's an example for everybody that stayed. Don't you try to come back at me with the Julian saying at Julian saying he was sitting in New York. Nobody wanted to talk to him, but he was still there. He came off better than Pavia. His first comment scene being named since being named Michigan's interim football coach, Biff Poggy so Monday that his players feel betrayed, that his players feel betrayed and angry following the firing and arrest the former coach Jeron More. Imagine how Sharone feels.
Speaker 4: I met individually with all the players multiple times, and and with the parents assumed with the parents multiple times, and the message has been listening, right. I want to listen to them. I want to I want to understand what the kids are feeling and what their parents are feeling. And so a lot of us think, and there's been a wide range of emotions. As you can imagine, We've kind of are going through those steps. They're not over yet, and I don't expect them to be over for a while.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Biff. But our main situation is the main messager mandate.
Speaker 4: The word Manuel gave me is the athletic.
Speaker 3: Proctor that I thought they fired that guy too, and take.
Speaker 4: Care of the kids. And so that's what I'm spending all of my time doing, as.
Speaker 3: Loving kids and breastfeeding them. Nick Saban is now involved in hockey. Yeah, that's what I've always wanted.
Speaker 2: He is purchased a minority stake.
Speaker 3: Pretty nice feathered hair like me, I can get involved in this feathered hair business.
Speaker 2: Bill Haslem announced yesterday, and by yesterday I mean today that Dream Sports Ventures LLC and entity controlled by Saban.
Speaker 3: I just found out they moved the Clipper game this morning.
Speaker 2: Shoe AGGRESSEDEE would now be part of the ownership group. Quote although and this is from save, I'm gonna do my best saving here, I'm not good. I knew you was not good, but I'm gonna do it anyway. Although I am now retired as a coach, I still possess a competitive nature and a great passion for sports and being involved in a sports team in Nashville has always been a goal, and the opportunity to partner in the Predators with a class act like Bill Haslam create a perfect scenario for us. The Preds are a great organization with a fantastic brand, and we are excited to be part of the future success of the franchise.
Speaker 3: Thank you, coach.
Speaker 2: See miss Terry on your way out please.
Speaker 3: I am surprised at your insistence on staying in the public eye after your coaching career. I did not think you would do this.
Speaker 2: It's a way for me to stay competitively involved.
Speaker 3: I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'll help scratch that competitive itch, the one that Miss Terry can't read.
Speaker 3: That you've had since Kent State. I get it. Miss Terry's got fingers though she does That's actually plays a piano on a day every eight day I sit with her.
Speaker 5: She tickles, Oh, come on, coach, tickles your tape, Miss Terry, Terry tickles your tape.
Speaker 3: This is why no one takes us seriously. This is why, Yes, that's why. This is why.
Speaker 7: It's Terry tickles t that right there. I bought a steak of the Pratts. Now he's never coming on. What happened I thought we were getting saving on. Now I heard about the mystery joke. Now I won't come on.
Speaker 3: It's over. You said that my wife tickles my tape, her long fingers and her ability to play the piano on a day. Is that what you said.
Speaker 2: That's right, coach, that's what we said. I'm sorry, we can't help ourselves. We'll be back with Tom to LESCo talking football of all varieties.
Speaker 3: Next. We've made it even easier to take LA Sports with you this summer.
Speaker 1: Make AM five to seventy or your favorite AM five seventy LA Sports podcast a preset on the iHeartRadio app using Apple CarPlay or Android Auto road Trip all summer with LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Show some Money in five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. We're gonna be at BJ's Restaurant in brew House, West Covina on Thursday. We have moved the time the Clippers got a game moved, so now we have to move our broadcast. It'll be two to four pm, not three to seven pm. Two to four pm Thursday, West Covina, same prizes, Saint Petros and Money Show, just different time again two until four West Covina, on Thursday.
Speaker 3: A lot of blame being tossed around there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Tim.
Speaker 3: Joining us now, not Tim but tort Us with Tom our old friend Tom Telesco, longtime NFL like Zach Colts, Chargers Raiders. You hear him on Serious XM, the NFL radio, doing great, working in the media at great, acting like petrs and money.
Speaker 2: Coming for a job.
Speaker 3: It's almost like exactly the same type of delivery. Oh yeah, he's joining us on the Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline. It is Tom to LESCo. A lot of ape and monkey bo. Tom, How are you great to talk to you? How's it going.
Speaker 8: Going great? Happy holidays to you guys, And it's good to catch up a little bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we love talking Tommy t. We haven't talked since the high school playoffs. So let's start with the Raiders because it's like they're astronomically bad and that that's kind of hard, and that that's hard for an NFL team to be that bad. What what has happened to them?
Speaker 8: Look, there's been so much turnover. Obviously I was part of it, but there's just been so much turnover the last four or five years and I guess going back even farther than that, it's just it's hard to get anything started with continuity and and the schemes you're gonna run and the players are they're gonna fit it. So you know, as as regimes come on and the regimes move on, you know, players that were drafted may not fit anymore, players that were signed may not fit so eventually that they need to get to a spot where they kind of hone in, Hey, this is the GM, this is the head coach, and this is the plan moving forward. You know, I knew when I was there, like there's just the talent level needs to increase exponentially, and it's a very tough division and it's going to take time. It's not going to be a one year rebuild. It's going to take a lot of time. They have great resources there, They had a great culture there when I was there, and you know, believe me, ownership is pretty good. I had a great relationship with Mark Davis, So they do have some things in place, but just from from a from a talent standpoint, player wise, right now, they just can't line up with the rest of the division. So it's going to take some time.
Speaker 2: Tom if you end up with the number one or number two overall pick, unless you have a franchise quarterback, undisputed franchise quarterback that comes into the conversation, don't no. I know you haven't done like all your evaluations yet and stuff, but I'm assuming you've seen enough of Bernanda Mendoza to kind of get an idea is to whether or not that's that's a guy that you can envision getting selected number one overall. Can you see him being like a franchise guy?
Speaker 6: I can you know this?
Speaker 8: It's probably senior. It's a very thin draft right now at the quarterback position. And but we'll see if Dante Moore ends up declaring or not. And with this world of nil and you're seeing a lot of players go back to school because now they're being paid enough to do that, which is not the worst thing in the world because they go back and keep developing. But this quarterback draft class could be small, and there are so many teams right now that need quarterbacks and it's a supply and demand league. So Bernanda Mendoza is going to be one of the top guys. And if you're picking high in the draft and you don't have a franchise quarterback, you're probably looking his way. He's got he's a great leader, he's got good arm strength, he's got a little bit of Mocks to him. I think he's got a little bit of Matt Ryan in him as far as how he handles late game situations. He's a good, good enough athlete. I hope he's gonna get a lot of yards with his feet outside the pocket. But he's certainly going to be a player that we're gonna be looking at high as well as Dante Moore if he declares. He's got a lot of skills. But Dante Moore hasn't played a lot of football in college yet, so he still has a lot of development there. But there's a lot of teams that are going to be up on top of that draft that knee quarterbacks, and in gregiously, you're not going to find them more than likely, possibly a Kyler Murray comes out, but other than that, there's not going to be a lot there. So you're gonna have to look at the draft, which raft is a bit light.
Speaker 2: Right now, Let's go from the Dante Moors who haven't played a lot of football to someone you know intimately who has played a lot of football, just not in the last five years. I'm sure you watched Philip Rivers. I'm guessing you did unless you were tied up there, But no, no, I thought as so, you know Shane Steichen very well, you kind of know what probably went into that decision. What did you make of it when you first heard and then and what did you end up see?
Speaker 8: Well, look, I was even though I know both guys very well and the ship know him better, I was still surprised and shots just because not so much about Phillips stage, but obviously being out of football for five years and just not in that daily grind of being a professional football player and how hard it would be to, you know, to come back and play in NFL football. So I'm really amazed that he could come in essentially on three practices and a walkthrough to go out there and execute an NFL game plan. And Shane did what he could do with the game plan. It was as you saw, it was a heavy run game and the passing game was very short. Get the ball out of his hand, get the balls the receivers, tight ends, running backs early, and let run after catch takeover. And he executed it and gave him a chance to win, believe it or not, you know, because the defense did so well for the Coles Holdings. He had a lot of the end zone, so I thought it was impressive. Now moving forward, you know, there was a lot of shotgun runs and the average yards for attempt was was below. So it's hard to win in the NFL that way. And I know they signed them to win. It didn't time just to play. So we'll see this week can they open it up more, which they're going to have to. And you know, the question is can they with Philip's mobility and whereas arm is right now, but the mind is there that the question is would you lose your quick twist decision making just a couple of milliseconds and that could affect things. And honestly, that was there, which is just incredibly amazing to see for a player. But we'll see this week how we can rebound. If you can get the ball down the field a little bit more, give a better chance to win. But I thought the whole thing, the whole story is just amazing. It's a great story that the NFL is undefeated when it comes to storylines. And there's another one Monday, night when they play well.
Speaker 2: How about a team you are very familiar with, Tom, because between you and Joe Ortiz, you built a hell of a defense that the Chargers have humming since that buy between Derwin and Dayon and Tuley you traded for Khalil Mack and you see cam Hart and Tari've still drafted last year by Joe out there or a corner really feels like this. This is a team that has got superior play at all three levels.
Speaker 3: Is that enough?
Speaker 2: Considering the challenges that they've had, specifically on the offensive line. Can a defense that looks this dominant be enough when it comes to the postseason?
Speaker 8: Yes, if they played the way they did last week in the last couple of weeks, this is the defense that we saw more of last year and and really saw that this past Sunday with just the physicality, the speed of it, and then having multiple rushers. You know, Ado Faint always is that third rusher that's playing really well too, so he had him with Khulil Mack. Tuley's playing outstanding. So you got three guys that can rush the passer. Derwin James during Derwin James type things all day on Sunday and their secondary is really underrated. The secondary is very good and very well coached if they play the ball really well. So yeah, this is a defense you can rely on. And with the Chiefs, I just thought they out physical the Chiefs and the Chiefs way they're constructed. They have a lot of speed at receiver, but they're small. They've got three of their top floor receivers there one hundred and seventy five pounds or less. And they really didn't get down the field on the Chargers. They kept them you know, short to medium and uh, you know they kind of beat the beat those guys up in between the numbers. So yeah, I love last team from the defense, and the offense is still coming along. I mean they've I mean you've got Justin who can make big time plays and now having Hampton. I love Amaryon Hampton. I thought he's a now standing runner. He's he's a threat, and he's a hammer. He can really wear people down.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I love where they are right now.
Speaker 8: That was a big win last week, and you know they're going to be in this moving forward.
Speaker 3: Are you surprised that the Chiefs are out this year? And do you think they'll bounce back?
Speaker 8: I mean, I think they're gonna have to rebuild it a little bit certain, especially on offense at both tackle spots, and that's really been an issue for them for a number of years, but they've been able to get over it. But it's just been magnified this year. I mean, Patrick Mahomes has been hit almost as much as Justin Herbert has and every everybody wants to focus on the Chargers offensive line, but the Chiefs off liensive line has not played that well either. And you know, I just talked about wide receiver. They just mee a little bit more size, a little bit more than the guys that can win outside against bigger TV's bigger corners, and really they haven't had a running back at the Schubawt Charles.
Speaker 3: So I think there's a lot of.
Speaker 8: Things on offense. We're gonna have to be old. I like them. I'm that's healthy. They have a lot of good players on the defense, and once Mahomes is back and healthy, they're always going to be in it because of him, but they're going to have to have some sort of backup plan going in the next year. There's going to be another team that may need a quarterback just because you don't know when Mahomes will be ready going into the year. But look, they still have Andy Reid and Brett Beach is an excellent GM, so they'll just retool it a little different way. But starting next year on twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Six, Tom, the Raiders and Giants are going to play. I think it's in week seventeen, not week eighteen, And a lot of fans look at that and they see to two win teams, two teams that have a chance to have the number one overall pick or maybe slide down a little bit.
Speaker 3: If they win.
Speaker 2: What what happens, you know inside a front office is you're trying to figure out how you're going to move forward when you have to re build things and got so many issues. How does that work? I know it's it's a dumb question because obviously you want to win games. But when it's Week seventeen and you're two and fourteen or two and thirteen, like, what's going on inside that building?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 8: I went through a similar last year with the Raiders, and like you say, yeah, the fans actually is a big contention. They just want us to lose out in December for a better draft pick. But look, if you're going to build the right culture, you just can't build it that way. So we were trying to win all the way out, and I told the coaches to the players where it was, as many games as we can and we'll figure out the draft later and we're not going to do it the other way around. So that's just the culture you have to have. It's hard to do it any other way. And there's no way you could You could tell a player that you know, we're going to we're gonna sit some people down in this game. Doesn't mean anything, because it does. It does mean to a lot of people and a lot of coaches. So you just figure it out later on that that's part of your job. So I just would never let that seat. Then I understand that's the fan way of looking at it. And you know, frankly, if you're going to be that high, you may not be that high that oftense. You want to get a chance that you know, in this case, you know the Giants will need a quarterback, but the Raiders will certainly being that market and at the light quarterback draft. But look at if you're running a franchise, running a team, you want to build the right culture. You're going to wear every game you can and then the GM can figure it out later.
Speaker 2: Great stuff from Tom to LESCo. He's become a real media pro man.
Speaker 3: Yeah you're really, I mean a.
Speaker 2: Real media pro.
Speaker 3: I don't even recognize him anymore. He's out there with Rapaport and Chefter. Those guys got nothing on Telesco. Telesco just beating them all. We love it to LESCo, thanks for coming on and doing it, and we hope you have a wonderful holiday season, sir.
Speaker 8: You got it. Guys, Merk Christmas.
Speaker 3: Take care great Tom te LESCo.
Speaker 2: Big thank you to Tom Telesco. One more segment to go. We'll get you your dad and a live guy Birthday of the Day, and then we'll hand it over to David Vasse for Dodger Talk at seven.
Speaker 3: Hello PMS listener.
Speaker 1: Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA sports podcasts. There's Rogan and Ronde, That one is my favorite, Dodger Talk with David Vase, the Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk Without a Musk, follow us all and many more. Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app Welcome back, everybody, Petro send money. On AM five seventy LA Sports your Home of the Dodgers, David Vass with Dodger Talk featuring Mike Soshia, Mickey Hatcher, t k Hernandez and you the listener.
Speaker 3: Maybe Pingalore coming up and thanks gonna make it. Yeah, I don't think he's gonna dig in, but we will have that in the very next segments. Good bit. Don't forget we have changed the time of our remote. We start at two o'clock on Thursday, two to four, wellert instead of four to seven or three to seven. It's two to four at the BJ's restaurant in Brewe House in West Covina. But now it's time with the dead guy Birthday of the day. All right, p your dead guy Birthday of the Day. There were two sides to Waterloo, and we typically only hear two sides, like Hugh Jackman of the missteps by Napoleon when we're counting it.
Speaker 2: So let's get to the guy that kicked that ass. Geb hart Lebrecked von Blucher would have been two hundred and eighty three today. Von Bluecher, one of Prussia's most famous military leaders. Born in Rostouk what is now northern Germany. I don't know how this works, but it has said he came from a modest noble family. They were nobles, but modest nobles. Began his military so.
Speaker 3: They didn't have a lot of cash. They had the title title, a little bit of property, not a lot.
Speaker 2: He began his military career at sixteen, joined the Swedish Army's light cavalry. Dropped right into the s Sweden's in a war with Prussia seven years war, Bluecher gets captured the Prussian colonel Vilchem Sebastian von Belli just so happened to be a relative, and he was impressed with keb Hard. So he's like, why don't you join us? And he did and it worked out a decision that would shape the rest of his life. It was not without its bumps. Blucher was a bit unruly impulsive, did not take well the orders, did not take well to superiors, so he quit and retired from the army.
Speaker 3: We're not moving our show, you move your show. It's right.
Speaker 2: When he was thirty and then for fifteen years he just kicked it as a farmer had an estate.
Speaker 3: It's just a kickback it's not really a party.
Speaker 2: But he longer returned to the action. Finally, the Red Hussars or Who's ours or Hussars called and he went running. He was reinstated as their colonel. He kicked some Netherland ass career advanced steadily during the Wars of the French Revolution. By the early eighteen hundreds, Napoleon's expansion and threatened Prussia much of Europe, and Bluecher was the guy commanded to stop it. So he led his Prussian forces against Napoleon. He suffered a major defeat at the Battle of Gino Orsted. But what do they say, Kate's just set it to us the other day. Hey can lose the battle, just don't lose the war. So when Blucher refused to surrender, his stubborn resistance earned him the nickname Marshall Forward, reflecting his relentless drive to attack. Regrouped, pushed for military reform, strengthened the army. Took him five years before he was ready to go back at it again. Prussia rises against Napoleon in eighteen thirteen. He commands Prussia. You know a Prussia was it man? He commanded the army.
Speaker 3: Buck Alpine village. It's not there anymore.
Speaker 2: You could still feel it every time you drive by. He scored an important victory at the Battle of Katzbach. His aggressive tactics put pressure on the French forces helped weaken Napoleon's control over Germany. Of course, we're probably not talking about Blue Chirf. He wasn't the guy calling the shots in eighteen fifteen Battle of Waterloo. Almost didn't make it pee. He's an old man. He's seventy four, but he's leading Prussian troops against Napoleon's forces. Defeated at the Battle of Lynnyi, and he was injured. His horse fell on him.
Speaker 3: That's tough his life, especially at seventy four.
Speaker 2: Right, his life was saved by the devotion of his aide des.
Speaker 3: Comt Imagine if that had happened to Don Shulo.
Speaker 2: Now I am not good with pronunciations. I believe this gentleman's name. His aide de camp was Count Nose Hits or No Seats. He threw his overcoat on top of the commander to obscure his rank and identity from the passing French. As he lay there, he bathed his wounds.
Speaker 3: Why you've downed the greatest man in our army, sir.
Speaker 2: They bathed his wounds and a liniment of rhubarb and garlic. He was four to five by a liberal internal dose of schnapps, and he rejoined his army and they were like, butcher, it's over toast the Brits. They're toast. Napoleon's won. He said, f you, and he led his army on a torturous march along muddy paths. Arrived on the field of Waterloo in the late afternoon and he said, quote forwards, I hear you say it's impossible, but it has to be done. I have given my promise to Wellington, and you surely will not have me break it. Push yourselves, my children, and I will deliver victory. The Duke of Wellington and his regiment were getting their asses kicked until Blucher showed up, turned the tide scored a decisive victory against Napoleon. He was celebrated as a hero throughout Europe. He was given land in Prussia, land in England, a hero everywhere, and according to Napoleon himself, he was quote a bull that looks around with rolling eyes, and when he sees dame your charges stubborn, untiring, but knew no fear. Then he was a man who lived for warpee. Right after he scored that victory, he died two years later.
Speaker 3: Well, he's seventy four out there with a horse falling on him.
Speaker 2: They said he was known best for his boldness, his perseverance, and his unwavering hatred of Napoleon Bonaparte.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's our guy.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: That's how people talk about like George Washington. And I heard somebody saying, like, dude, it's like six' four back, then it's like he's like eight eight feet all he's got wooden, teeth and he's all pissed. OFF i, mean we get taxed way more, now you. Know But washington wasn't, alum he's helping hand. Slap he scared the crap out of the.
Speaker 2: Bridge seventy four years, old old man with a beautiful big, mustache shut up and put me on the.
Speaker 3: Horse, well today we celebrate a great action movie maker and. Actor Shane black sixty four, today born In, Pittsburgh. Hello From, Pittsburgh. Hello he moved To fullerton when he was, young went To Sunny Hills High, school same place As Jackson. Brown Go.
Speaker 2: Lancers you know we should book him if we ever get back To.
Speaker 3: Fullerton great, Call. Matt he loved the hard boiled fiction Of Mickey. Spillani went TO, ucla majored in, theater screen, wrote and. Acted worked as a clerk during the nineteen eighty Four. Olympics his first script was Called The Shadow. Company it was A vietnam paranormal. Thriller never got, made but it put him on the radar Of Warner. Brothers he doesn't want to greenlight, that so then when he wrote his first movie that got green, lighted it Was Warner brothers that green lit the light and that Was Lethal. Weapon he also Did Lethal weapon. Two this song is The Bill medley version the intro Of Friday night's A Great night For, football one of my favorite movies, ever The Tony scott directed. Masterpiece he produced and Wrote Bruce willis And Damon wayne's In The Last Boy scout nineteen ninety one favorite of.
Speaker 2: Mine Header.
Speaker 3: Gut it's a great football detective. Movie yes it. Is in, Fact Quentin tarantino said that he Hired Bruce willis for pulp fiction just to be the exact same character that he.
Speaker 2: Was The Last Boy scout pretty.
Speaker 3: Great he wrote and Produced The Long kiss Good, night directed and Wrote Kiss Kiss Bank Bank great With Bob. Downey Last Action hero With Arnold.
Speaker 2: Underrated a little.
Speaker 3: Bit he Did ironman. Three he Did The Nice guys and some movie with uh, oh that was With macthe. Right crow did another one with no that Was. Crow, oh it was a. Gostling. Right he did another one With mac.
Speaker 1: You.
Speaker 3: Amazing uncredited script doctor For, predator and he's the actor that Played, hawkins the guy that gets shot early In. Predator that's. Cool that's this, Guy Shane. Black he Doctored The hunt For Red. October he acted in that movie as. Well most of his movies are based During christmas because he liked the odd counterpoint The christmas season adds to the plot of. Movies he Saw christmas as a place of beauty here in our, City Los, angeles where you have to dig for little nuggets quote unquote the king of The christmas buddy cop, Movie Shane. Black here is a clip from our favorite film, Ever The Last Boy.
Speaker 9: Scout, okay now that's not, polite it's very abusive. Sounding what would you, Do joseph if somebody told you to go. Yourself would you cut one of their eyes?
Speaker 3: Out? No what would you?
Speaker 9: Do you think yourself? Cool don't?
Speaker 8: You you think?
Speaker 9: Yourself? Well this, ONCE i would like to hear you scream in. Pain play some rap, Music.
Speaker 3: Joe, Hollimbeck The Last, Boy, scout good.
Speaker 2: STUFF i think that Was negron right doing that scene with he was.
Speaker 3: Great it's a bad.
Speaker 2: Guy, yeah play some mad.
Speaker 4: Music what a?
Speaker 3: Line what a? Line Halle berry in an Early.
Speaker 2: Now that you say it. Too, yeah he's the same dude in pulp, fiction same.
Speaker 3: DUDE i JUST i saw a thing Where Quentin tarantina was talking About he's, Like, now that's a. Movie all the act. Up The Last, Boy. SCOTT i love that. Movie that's WHY i Hired Bruce. WILLIS i told him you Played Joe hollimbeck And My boy And zed is. Dead jed just. Died the guy that Played zed is. Dead he's. Dead he died In New.
Speaker 2: York negron's dead, Too.
Speaker 3: Yeah he died. Too But zed died like three days. Ago look at in a pool of. Blood oh that's. Unfortunate tough news these, days especially around the holiday, season and we had to change our. Remote we'll be on full show tomorrow three o'clock scheduled. Talk Dodger talk is next with Bitch Ass day