Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand on the iHeartRadio a app. This is the Petros and Money Show. You are one of the kind hosted by.
Speaker 2: Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at them and the voice of the Bolts not money Smith. The answer is money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petrosen Money Show.
Speaker 1: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers. Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app. To truly hate is an art one learns with time. It's cracking. Everybody welcome. It is the Petros and Money Show on AM five seventy LA Sports. Your home not only of great sports talk, great sports talk, but your home of the Dodgers. The next Dodger game will be tomorrow. Tonight, We've got Clippers six point thirty Clipper pregame with fully functional employee Adam. Tim Kates is across the street on his electric scooter working the Big Ten Tournament for Compass Media in a corner office on the first floor of a Burbank building. Matt money Smith is in Chicago doing the Big Ten Tournament action but we are here. Colin Yee is in the house as our producer. I heard he's not being compensated for this. I'm very unhappy. I hope Tim Kates can make it worth us while I might be able to do something for him. Ronnie Fascio, a constant and our engineer, is also here. We're happy to see him. You know, him and Jonas have an off the radio relationship. Hey, Jonas, get that texashitting you last night? Oh it sure did. Cool had to zoom out for it. You guys are the worst, and we're happy to have Jonas Knox here. He won't be doing his weekend show tomorrow, but his weekend show is quite popular. Isn't as popular as Colin Yee's Combat Sports weekend show? I'm not sure, but it is. Jonas Knox, a rock and roller sports talk host at one thousand Oaks. His brother owns a restaurant in that area called the sunset Terrace. It's a great restaurant I'd like to try. Jonas is the host of Two Pros and a Cup of Joel on FSR every single morning. I joined that show on Wednesdays and from time to time, our dear friend Jonas Knox comes in here out of the graciousness of his heart and to be compensated, which is a theme to co host on the Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity guest host microphone. Hello, Jonas, how are you? It's an honor to be your side piece.
Speaker 3: She again, Petros, It's an honoraby to be the side piece fear for AM five seventy LA Sports. I appreciate the Stone Temple pilots love. I am wearing an STP shirt as you can see, Petros.
Speaker 1: I do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Plush is actually my son at four years old. That is his walk up song. I thought you were gonna say that was his name. No, no, on us entree. It comes up at four years old. And that's that's what you get when your dad still drives it Tacoma. That's got a CD player in it, all right, because I've still got Core in the CD player. And so because of that, he comes up to bat and he'll be coming up to bat tomorrow for the Blue Jays of the Canao Valley Little League at four years old on coach machine, Pitch to Plush by STP.
Speaker 1: I just got this text on the secret tech Stilso line in reference to that line brought to you by your so called Toyota dealers. We make it easy. Dave asking Jonas what position he was playing in the Little League game made me laugh pepsi out of my nose. I thought it was rude. Uh, you guys aren't to the coach pitch level yet. No, we are, Oh the coach pitch of the machine.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so anounce the machine pitch. I probably probably went up a little too soon.
Speaker 1: We're being honest. He's the youngest kid on the team, and uh, well, you know his dad does sports talk radio. We better get it together. Got a lot of pull out there. You better get it together, kid, You freaking weirdo.
Speaker 3: Hey, by the way, do you think Scott Wiland? Do you respect him? Would you consider STP a grunge band.
Speaker 4: Back in that era?
Speaker 1: I think they're a grunge band, but I also think that they have some crossover qualities into just regular rock and roll because I think he's the only Have you seen them with the guy, the American I guy or whenever that guy the voice guy I saw? Well, I just I ran into it because I was hosting the stream for Beach Life, So it's not like I seeked it out. I would never go to an STV show just because I don't want to end up standing next to Mark Willard. But thank you. I knew you'd get it. Thank you. Somebody's got to get it, somebody here. Nobody else gets it. But for cover yourself, police are coming yourself. I don't want to go, like you know, I like to do this show a structure, you know, in the words of Jim Lampley, right have pat Yeah, I was hosted Beach Live so STP and I think the two brothers live in Pallas Burdi. Yeah. I run into those guys a lot, like they have kids in the Little League and stuff like that, and they're really nice guys. I don't really know them at all, but they're really nice guys, and everybody says they're really nice people, and they're very understated and they just kind of skulk around Pallas. Verdi's the guys from Stone Temple Pilots and we all know what happened to Wiland, which is sad. But I saw them at the Beach Life at Redondo, And first of all, that's a really tight band. You kind of notice those things like you see a band like that live and like they go on stage and they just start and they click in and just you know, you're like, oh, damn. And the guy was great. He had a lot of energy and the wrap around looks on and he was just young and he looked like he looked like a fake Wiland. But he sounded great. And you know, the sound of the band is the sound of the band that's still there. So I was, I was. I liked it. I was like, damn, this is really cool. I'm sure it was great. I mean, way better when it was the original and he probably you know, could have been maybe sober that night. It would have been a really good show. But I thought that they were really cool when I saw them.
Speaker 3: I think he's the only meadhead lead singer of that era because, like, let's think about it this because he was a former football player, right, Scott Wiland, Ye played football. But you think Kurt Cobain knew what a Don Joy knee brace was, Scott Wiland.
Speaker 1: No, I think Kurt Cobain probably couldn't defend himself in a fight, yes, Scott Wiland, and neither could Novaselich. Maybe your brother see I can't have these conversations with Matt Well because he was the music director at k Rock, So it's always like, well, you know, that's how Scott was back in the day. I remember being at Scott at the whiskey at Go Go Back in Chicago in nineteen ninety. That's just like, Okay, we can't we can't just have like an idiot conversation about it because he knows everybody and you know, all the all the rock singers like, uh yeah, I remember that band Buck Cherry be like, yeah, Joey, I.
Speaker 3: Remember, like if you gathered Layne Staley, Dave Grohl, Kurt Cobain, Chris I'm pretty.
Speaker 1: Sure Hartman could beat all those guys up or Scott Wiland and you just say Cornell Cornell is a big animal though he was kind of like the who's the guy in the who plays Aquaman? Terrible actor, big hairy guy. Oh Jason Momoa yeah, Momoa, Yeah, that's what your guy Cornell was to the grudge. He's like the Momoa of grudge. Yeah.
Speaker 3: But if you're like in a room and they say, all right, word association or does anybody know what this is? And somebody just says cowboy caller Wyland's the only guy raising his hand. A true meathead as far as the grunge music era.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean if you're talking about I mean, now I'm going to sound like Matt and this is see, this is the problem. If you're talking about nineties music. The number one meathead is the lead singer of a great indie rock band called Guided by Voice.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say Henry Rowlands. No, not Henry Rowlands. Guided by Voices. Robert Pollard, right, Ronnie. Robert Pollard, the lead singer of Guided by Voices, was not just a meathead. He was a math teacher during the day. He'd get drunk at night and sing all those weird indie rock songs. He was a pitcher at Wayne State and he did pitch a no hitter while he was there, no kidding. Yeah, so that to me, like you know, I mean, I know that, I mean, Guided by Voices is not as popular as Don't Temple Pilots. But to me, the ultimate meathead sportsman lead singer is Robert Pollard because he pitched a no hitter. Born in Ohio, yeah, oh, they were Dayton, Ohio. Brady Quinns from Ohio. He's a meathead. Yeah that makes sense. There is no bigger meathead that dog haunts. Yeah. How how was the two prosident a cup of Joe? What happened? Did you guys talk about Murray?
Speaker 3: We talked, We talked Kyler Murray, we mixed in some other You know, it's a football Friday there on that show, Petros What do you mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we just I mean it's March.
Speaker 3: John Paul Morosi came by and talked Italian Italian and.
Speaker 1: John Paul Morossi.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to sell us on the legitimacy of your qualifications to be representing a country. It's like John, I cut a fart at a Spumoni one time. So can I play for Team Ittaly?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It sick? What are we doing here? I'll call ned. It's a frogmed Friday park. Now, hear the sailors cry, smell the sea and feel the sky. The ocean's lullaby can call even the most restless frogmen like Steve Hartman from a very restless soul. You're on the Pettersen Money Show. Frogmen. We like to celebrate the fragments of the sea and those that protect us from it, lifeguards, coastguards, harmer patrol, the police, everybody the baby. We also like to celebrate the great Lloyd Bridges, who played one of the great characters in the history of television, shot right off the coast and Rancha Palace Burns at Marine Land of the Pacific now known as the Taraana Resort Hotel. I'm talking about Mike Milson Sea hunts.
Speaker 5: Suddenly an anchor came crashing down from topside, missed me by ashes. A man in the anchor line grind at me playfully. It wasn't funny. Underwater is no place for practical jokes. And if I could have talked, I'd have chewed them out right there.
Speaker 1: All right, Underwater is no place for practical jokes. You a hold.
Speaker 3: So when you're mingling with the Fox luminaries at the tarrann A every year, are you not reminiscing about what used to be here back in the day.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you, right after we hits to Don McLain here, what are you nuts? You gotta get that stuff to Florida? Do you know what that's like? These days? You've got the freaking Navy everywhere.
Speaker 6: You got frogmen, frogmen, you got EC two's with the satellite tracking stuff. You got the freaking bell two O nine assault choppers up the assmen. We are losing man out of every nine loads. No duck walking.
Speaker 1: Tell you you're good about money?
Speaker 6: What do you suggest that is reasonable?
Speaker 1: All right, Jonas, what did you want to ask me? All right, so you're hanging out with Rob Stone at the Terrannea? Okay, yeah, are you not thinking about Frogman Friday while you're there? Every time? Well, first of all, the Terrannea Fox events started a really long time ago, and I've exhausted the marine land story.
Speaker 3: By the way, for people that don't know, Rob Stone also not allowed to be on the show.
Speaker 1: Well, no, no, we're okay, We're okay. With the Stoner. I did a I helped his son with a report about reggae or something. His son at Tcuro's like, I can't do it. I'm doing a bowling event. Yeah, his son, like Bob Stone or the young Stoner. I did. I helped him with like a broadcasting thing or something. So we're back. We're not on bad graces. We just wanted to get Stone on when he was doing a bowling event and Mookie Betts was at and he said, guys, I don't have time. They were like, what you said?
Speaker 3: Excuse me if Brady tell you the story about when they went to see Rob Stone. So he was doing a bowling event in Florida and Brady Quinn and his wife and their thirty eight hundred kids show up to this bowling event and they make signs and they're making all this stuff to try and celebrate his buddy, Rob Stone. I guess the people at the bowling event are like, hey, it's not that type of place here, Like you gotta like really keep quiet, you can't make noise.
Speaker 1: So they had all these sides.
Speaker 3: They were so excited to see him when they walked in, like no, no, no, no, no, no, this isn't what that's about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's kind of what's my experience trying to get Rob On to talk about Mookie Bets at the bowling I didn't know the bowling event was like Bobby Fisher playing chess in Russia. Sorry my bad. But Rob Stone at the Terranea, which is old marine Land, which was a lot of people don't know this anymore, but there used to be a marine land style park with killer whales and a narwall and look, the killers whales were Orkie and Corky. There was the Baja reef where you could swim with sharks. And I hate this because every time I go on with Tim Conway, he tries to get me to talk about it, like because it's funny to him, like, hey, dig dog, what do you think happened down there in the old Tarrannelle used to be Marineland, right, b blah blah blah. And I'm like, they named the kid from Life Goes On after a whale. It's possible, Okay, I mean Corky I think is not only the whales name, but I think one of them Orkie or Quirky. When they closed Marine Land when I was in elementary school, they closed Marineland and they moved those two killer whales to Texas. And one of them bit the arm off of a trainer and then the other one drowned or the same one I think bit the arm off of a trainer. So there's like a nub arm guy walking around just like the Tiger King lady. And then one of them just took one down to the deep and drowned one. They did not want to leave Marineland in the Pacific we go apparently, But yeah, I have told that story too many times, like to Joe Buck, to Troy Ach when you know what used to be here. So it's kind of like to the point where I just don't tell the story anymore. Also, the Fox Seminar, me being me and being from the area, and all the different people that show up inevitably, like even your friends like Joel Klatt and Rob Stone and all of those people, like you're talking to them, but they're looking over your shoulder for somebody more important to talk to, like, oh is that Pete Schreger? Who is there? That is my life at the Fox Seminar, where people are like, so, how's your family, I'm like, oh, you know, pretty good. My kids are kind of a nightmare. Oh excuse me, Hey, great to see you, Kenny, Albert, Reggie, what are you doing here? It's kind of sad, all right? Joining us. Next we will have Alan Sleiwah. We have a big announcement coming up at the end of this hour, a big announcement you're not gonna want to miss. And you're thinking, what's in it for me? And I'm gonna answer you a lot idiot. A lot of it is in it for you. David Vasse will join us for a Steve Hartman midday Show postgame interview. That things took off like a rocket. Did you hear that Dave was over Yeah, he couldn't get in. Well, you got Hartman over here, just firing bullets at me like a freaking mortar machine. I miss seeing him in that chair. I love harm. His hair hasn't changed color. It's amazing the vitality. I mean, I'm gray here the guys thirty years older than me.
Speaker 3: I also don't think the Steve Hartman owns a jacket. I think it's all station issued polo shirts.
Speaker 1: I always thought it was just like a snap on lego hair. That's great, We'll be back with sleiwa The Lakers are hot and Lebron is sacrificing.
Speaker 2: This is Petro Send Money to Man demand it's cracking.
Speaker 1: Everybody, welcome back. It is frog Man on the Petro sand Money Show on AM five seventy LS Sports, your home of Dodger Baseball. David Masseys in Arizona, Dodgers take on the Socks first pitch at one oh five tomorrow tonight. We got Clippers clip versus Bulls. It was a lottery team last night, the Bulls in town. The Lakers played them, and that's why Lebron played. That's my opinion. What do you guys? What are you getting that there? Joining us now a star Hoops talk on YouTube which got a lot of heat on it, and of course right here on the A five seventy LA Sports iHeartRadio app and all our shows and Beyond reports every day and does a great job covering pro basketball and the Lakers for us, among others. Alan Sliwa on your Southern California Toyota Dealer Celebrity Hotline after the Lakers looking hot headed towards the playoffs during March Madness, what's cracking? Alan? How are you?
Speaker 4: I'm doing good, brother, I'm doing good. I love that little they beat the Chicago Bulls. Lebron came back for the lottery team. I like that. I like you just had of you very sly threw that in there. I like that.
Speaker 1: It's because I'm a bad person and if I just say things straight up, I mean, what fun is that? But it is interesting, Alan, though. The Lakers are playing well, and it kind of started when Lebron went out with his I don't know which elbow was it. I don't know if he did, but see you know that to not I did it again, and I'm sorry. Tell us about the momentum behind Austin Reeves and Luca. It's certainly a fun watch, not unreminiscent to what we saw at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, listen, I think the Reeves piece of this is such a critical piece for the Lakers. I think their record now after beating Chicago yesterday, they're nineteen and three when he scores twenty or more points. So it's such a critical, critical piece for the Lakers to have Austin Reeves, not just you know, Chip in sixteen fifteen something along those lines. But when we were watching Austin Reeves the beginning of the season, remember Lebron missed the first fourteen games, and we were watching Austin Reeves as just the true true facilitator, a ball handler, a scorer, somebody that can get to the free throw line. And I'm not telling you it's perfect. And Austin Reeves in these last handful of games, I think it's three games in a row. Now, the Knicks, the Minnesota Timbles, and then yesterday against Chicago Bulls, he just looks more like himself. And if that means whatever that pecking order is, or if that means all right, more minutes with Luca and Ar, whatever, it looks like they need to do more of it, because the Lakers are more dangerous when Luca and Ar are the two focal points on the offensive side. And I do think Lebron has the capability of playing a different type of role where I think Luca and Ar probably are more just the best version of themselves when they're on the ball.
Speaker 3: So knowing the team as well as you do watching them, covering them, discussing them, even though everybody recognizes that that is possible, and maybe he is capable of doing that and letting those two guys in essence be the stars and the focal points. How realistic do you think that is to expect Lebron James, at this stage of his career, with his reputation, to actually be welcome to that idea.
Speaker 4: I honestly, I think it is realistic, and I'll tell you why.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: It's been the conversation for the last week, and all of a sudden, the Lakers without Lebron started beating some teams that are above five hundred in their playoff teams, and we see how bad the Lakers have been beating anybody that's of significance, either in the Western Conference or in the East. They beat the Knicks, they beat the Minnesota Timberwolves, and I think it's just kind of that's the chatter right now. The chatter is is Lebron able to take a little bit more of a back seat. I think if you're forty one years old, you should be welcoming this, and I think it's a good look for Lebron if he does do it. It's also the only shot that the Lakers have. And again, this isn't just a Lebron problem, because I could point out other issues with the Lakers, but I think it's the only shot you have of winning a first round matchup and maybe making some noise in the second rounds. Got to be Luca, the guy that you brought over, that you traded for, that you handed the keys to the franchise, who put up fifty one, ten and nine yesterday, and then Austin Reeves has to be a player that is as close to an All Star caliber guard, and that's the only way that that's going to happen. I think Lebron is open to it. I think Lebron to the best of his ability. Hopefully, maybe I'm being too confident here when I say this, but I think he'll understand and realize it's also a good good look for Lebron by being more of a team player and hopefully everybody sacrifices.
Speaker 3: Would you say if they want to win a first round matchup? Is that the goal? Is that considered a success this year? And you're all hard hitting questions? Well, I just because no, that's like sixty minutes.
Speaker 1: I like that. Yeah, we get you up a lot of time here.
Speaker 3: But I just wonder, if you're a Lakers fan, how honest are they about the reality of this team in comparison to every other team in the West, especially at the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's just realistic, right, I think you know if I came on here instead, well, the Lakers France seventeen NBA championship. They don't win a championship. It's not a good season. I could say that, but I don't know if there's much juice behind that. The two best teams in the West are OKAC in San Antonio. You're gonna face one of those two teams in the second round. If you win a first round matchup, I don't think you go much further than there. I wouldn't call it a success. I just kind of call it the reality of the Lakers situation. Now, if you'd ask me that same question a week ago before they played the Knicks, before they played the Minnesota Timberwolves, they've now won seven of their last eight games. They're sixteen games over five hundred, I'd have told you I don't think they're winning a round. But let's see here, they got a stretcher coming tomorrow. They got Denver two against Houston. Kind of randomly here, Orlando and Miami are playing really good basketball. I think both of those teams won as one six in a row, the others won seven in a row. We're gonna find out a lot more about the Lakers over these next couple of weeks. But I'm not saying it's the goal to get past the first round. I'm telling you that that's probably the reality of the Lakers situation.
Speaker 1: And we're looking to the off season in a lot of ways, and there's new ownership and they'll there'll be a lot of change. I mean, you can't plan a vacation, can you, Allen. I mean, this is going to be a pretty gnarly off season, maybe the most significant in some time.
Speaker 4: Just depends specials because if they're out by May first, I got plenty of time for a vacation because the free agency won't start until July first. But if they go a couple of round.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna say something every four or five days or do something at the point that you're gonna have to cover there.
Speaker 4: That's a good point. We'll have to go live from cam kuon No.
Speaker 1: But sure you want to go down there is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me let me rephrase that one. Probably not going by not going to can Koon. Yeah, but we'll we'll take a look at the calendar. We we'll we'll find a different place on the map. But it is going to be I mean, this summer is kind of everything. And what I mean by that is it's your first opportunity to properly build around one of the top five players in the league in Luca. I think everybody just expects reeves to get paid, which you probably will, and then the question is going to become well, how do you put together the rest of the roster. What I will tell you is just as important as them filling out that roster, it's also going to be filling out that front office. Because the Lakers are known for not having this. You know this this really really deep. You got a president of Basketball Operations and then a GM and then assistant in GM, and you got all these scouts there. They have to really really stock up in the front office. And I think if there's one thing Mark Walter and his group can do, you don't have a salary cap there. So not only are you trying to fill out your roster the right way around Luca, you really got to fill out your front office.
Speaker 3: JJ Reddick doesn't strike me as a guy who's going to coach until he'st two hundred, like Lenny Wilkins.
Speaker 1: It just doesn't seem like he's he's built to get interesting parason.
Speaker 3: I just he looks exhausted at times, and I just wonder, have you seen any adjustments from him or is he really with feet in the ground.
Speaker 1: This is the way I coach.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna look exasperated, I'm gonna call guys out and if you're not with me, then you got to go play somewhere else.
Speaker 4: I think he's you know, I think he's safe to say JJ's still trying to figure himself out. I will say stylistically, he's a little bit different than a year ago. I thought in his rookie campaign as a head coach, he was more stubborn. I thought, you know, believe it or not, I feel like he held his emotions on his sleeves a little bit more than this year. Again, not this like crazy change while all of a sudden he's in and he's Phil Jackson. But I do think that he's making some adjustments. He's learning a little bit as he goes, I think. And by the way, we're not going to know all that until we get to the playoffs, because they did win fifty games last year. They were the number three seed in the Western Conference, and they were out in five games against Minnesota, and everybody remembers that series where he didn't make a substitution in the second half what's never happened in the history of the NBA, and was upset at a reporter asking him about that. So maturity wise, I think a lot of questions will get answered come postseason. But I have seen some signs where I feel like, all right, you know, maybe this thing doesn't tick him off as quick as it did six months ago or three months ago. And that's just gonna come with experience.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: This is only a second year coaching in the NBA. He's coaching in the Western Conference. It's the Lakers, it's Luca, it's Lebron. There's always obviously a lot of eyes on this team.
Speaker 1: I see myself every morning trying to get my kids out of bed in the face of JJ Reddick a lot of the time, you know, just that angry, bitter, very self entitled frustration. It speaks to me, are we impressed with the Clippers coming back and getting above five hundred alan or does it make a difference one way or another. They're gonna have to go in a dramatically different direction very soon.
Speaker 4: Either way, I'm impressed. I mean, to start out six and twenty one and you find out, you know, you find a way to get to above five hundred, something no team has ever done. When you're fifteen games below five hundred, I think you should be impressed. And I would say this, the Clippers did something that's a little bit unique because a lot of times, especially when you have a franchise that has James Harden or Kawhi Leonard, you got some of these guys, you're trying to win right now. Look in the offseason they got who was it, It was Brook Lopez and it was Bradley Beal. From an age perspective, it's maybe not the best game plan, but they were trying to win right now, and before they got to the trade deadline, they decided, you know what, we're not going to win, nor are we going to compete, even though we're playing as good as basketball as anybody in the league right now. They went and started planning for the future. Harden was gone. You get a guy Darius Garland that's ten years younger Benedict Matherin. I'm not watching him every night, but did watch him when he was with the Pacers, watch a couple of Laker Clipper games. I like him, and I think he's a nice piece for them to have for the future. They did get draft compensation for a Vitza Zubox, which is why they traded him, So I think that it's impressive what they were able to accomplish. But I think what's more impressive is they decided this ain't happening and let's start planning for the future. And I think they started doing that at the deadline.
Speaker 1: Alan Sleewah hoops talk on the iHeartRadio app on AM five seventy and on YouTube. Always doing a great job and a great addition to what we do here on AM five seventy LA Sports in twenty twenty six. Thank you Allan, and we hope you have a great weekend and stay out of Mexico.
Speaker 4: Yeah, not going to. I scratched that off for just solving those Yeah, well yeah, we'll change that up. Thank you, boys appreciated.
Speaker 1: Put what you would have painted on a flight toward the hotel or get a Danish.
Speaker 4: Yeah that's a good ideas.
Speaker 1: Great look at all these white people, all right, sleewah, There he goes Alan. The latest but the Lakers big announcement and the very next segment very exciting.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I would like to be compensated, but I think we all do. We all want credit for what we think we deserve. Some of us carry a lot of guilt, shame. Decent beer on tap, though, where can coons? No Jo, don't be starting. I got a story about can Coon and resorts in can Coon. I've never been there.
Speaker 3: I had a buddy step on a needle that was left a sewing needle left in the carpet of the hotel room that went all the way to his bone while we were out there for a bachelor party, and the hotel was trying to argue that we should we shouldn't get the room for free because they weren't sure where the needle came from, because because ten guys showed up with a sewing kit to can Coon and it was on them that its sewing needle was sticking out of the carpet when he walked by.
Speaker 1: Hey, we want the room for free. Look at my friend. My friend's got Lockjawn, what are we doing here? Tetnus, We'll be back. Southern California's most listened to sports talk show. This is Money on Demand, Stick City, Let's cracking. Everybody, Welcome back. It's Petros and Money. Dodger socks. First pitch at one oh five. That's tomorrow tonight. We've got Clippers bulls, the same bulls that the Lakers just beat their bull bulls. Thank you to Alan Sliwa. In the last segment. Yes, Jonas Knox is here.
Speaker 3: Did you see your guy Caleb Williams was in a front row at the Lakers Bulls game?
Speaker 4: I did.
Speaker 1: I heard about that. He was also at the UH He was at US Pro Day the other day going around. Yeah, everybody's trying to act cool around town in LA.
Speaker 3: That's what happens when you steal Trey Young celebration. You know, Aaron Rodgers did it to Freddie Mitchell.
Speaker 1: Freddie Mitchell. I used to not get along with Freddie Mitchell at all. I made fun of him on television when I was at USC for looking old in the face odin. Yeah, I remember being on Billy Mack used to have a show called the Carl's Junior Roundtable on Fox Sports West, and I was playing at USC and they invited me over there, and the other two people on the on the panel were Casey Wasserman, Sexual Deviant and Susie Schuster, Rick rich Eisen's wife. She was drinking orange juice and staying she was sick, and I was sitting there and I just started going off on Freddy Mitchell saying he looks really old in the face. And then we played UCLA that year, you know, of course, and we came out for the captains and he was like, mother saying, I'm looking old, And I was like, is he talking about me?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said that over the summer. You do look old, dude. But anyway, Yeah, I felt bad for Freddy Mitchell in college. He broke his lake so bad he kicked himself in the back of the head. And he came back and played pro football from there. Yeah. Still an idiot, just a stone cold idiot, but God bless him.
Speaker 3: Great celebration though, that the championship belt wrap. Roger stole it. Freddy Mitchell doesn't get the credit. Is it gonna come from your world of fake wrestling?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but on a football field. First guy ever did? What about the discount double check? Yeah, Roger stole that from Freddy Mitchell. Copy that. Yeah. We have an announcement to make one week from yesterday, this Thursday, upcoming, we have inked a new deal for a small spring stint to see our listeners. Where else but Bjay's Restaurant in brew House. Where are we going a place we've never been before? Moon Tobello, California, Hey miles east of downtown Los Angeles. Two to four before the Clippers play in New Orleans. See bring your chocolates, your Bomba music, Come and see us in Montapelo from two to four. We got opening day tickets to give away. Sweet tickets for opening Day at the Bjay's Restaurant in brew House. Matt and I will be there for an early Petros and money two to four on Thursday. You don't want to miss that show. It's gonna be a hell of a time, and we appreciate your patronage. I wish our remotes weren't so popular so they'd stop booking them. But it is great to see people and to shake the hands of the people. But I'm starting to feel like, you know, the the mazzarella sticks I get for free and the one meat alta then I choked down during the show while I'm yelling the whole time, does have enough compensation?
Speaker 3: Now, let me ask you, because I know that you're very fearful of the spicy food while you got to talk on the air, which I've made that mistake before because it can kind of mess with the vocal cords.
Speaker 1: Yeah, how does a spicy you know, that's the thing. Like Bert's Burgers was here yesterday, and I love burgers, but you can't really enjoy the burger when you're on air or you got to go on in a couple of minutes, you know, And everybody makes fun of how fast I eat around here. It's become like a running joke for years because I ate a burrito really fast during a break. I mean, what are you supposed to do? You get a five minute break exactly? You got to get it in. Well. Now it's like a term in the Kate's household, like why did you just petros that whole pizza? Swear to God? Okay, now let me ask you this.
Speaker 3: Have you done a TV or called the Game in which maybe it was a little chilly outside so the vocal cords were hard to uh, hard to operate because I'll see some of these like there are some some of it like Mariah Carey. I'm just saying there are some analysts you'll watch. I think it was who was the guy.
Speaker 1: With Chris Myers. You'd always be like a little honey, I love it hot.
Speaker 3: Water because people like yeah, Ben Mallards. Ben Mallards big into garlic. There's the old garlic. U was not that just he was trying to keep the vampires off. Tue doesn't work a brother, that's true.
Speaker 1: He's got to hang out with his now.
Speaker 3: The only problem is the vampires don't suck blood there, it's catalytic converters.
Speaker 1: We'll be right back or your word number song in the day. Have a great Friday, everybody. Stay with The Peterson Money Show, Great sports Talk, m