Speaker 1: And one night one stage one epic band, My Chemical Romance said target Field August twenty fourth, Grab.
Speaker 2: Your tickets before they're gone. All the details at KFE dot com. Keyword calendar target Field, No kidding, target Field my Chemical Romance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty.
Speaker 4: Who's any idea who the sport acts are on that. That's a big place for my Chemical I mean, don't get me wrong, great band, huge, but they haven't like they're doing they are they doing the black parade of them?
Speaker 3: So I guess it's fabulous.
Speaker 5: Armadillos into thirty seconds to Mars into My Chemical Romance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you guys can all sit down.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 5: Really, man, the next band should say the exact opposite.
Speaker 3: Probably's gonna be confused. Feel free to do what you want. More of what really matters.
Speaker 5: I'll do scores in stats, Chris can chain in your life with something else. The late game last night, the Minnesota Timberwolves win one, ten to ninety eight over Denver. They advanced a round two of the tole Ski Jade McDaniels with an absolute rock star thirty two points, MVP of the series by a mile and a half.
Speaker 3: Right awesome defense. Hey, who's that big.
Speaker 4: Rookie guy who did the big slam dunk last night?
Speaker 3: He looked really good, Daron Man, that was sec second year? Second year? Is he whatever?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's new to you because it was the first game you've watched all year.
Speaker 3: It really was.
Speaker 4: Honestly, that may have been the first game I've watched this decade.
Speaker 3: Rudy's a rookie too, is he really? Yeah? Well first year? Yeah? Oh yeah to me? Is this right? Yeah?
Speaker 5: So the Wolves get Wemby and the San Antonio Spurs in Round two. DraftKings has them as fourteen and a half point underdog's game one Monday night.
Speaker 3: That's not good. Fourteen and a half ugh, I don't know.
Speaker 5: And of course, so far we have no idea, like is it even possible if we extend this to five or six or seven for Ant to come back?
Speaker 3: Or is that a dead dream? No? Matter what, we have no idea.
Speaker 4: It's it's not we didn't need him last night, Why do we need him this Monday?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Well said Hockey's what I said. Yeah, Wemby on Denver. This guy's a freak man. Can I ask a basketball question? I can't wait because you guys know ball. You guys know ball, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hawk knows ball too, and no two of them.
Speaker 2: So like obviously hockey, like a goalie can steal a game.
Speaker 3: Can a guy like Rudy steal a game? For the Wolves? Says?
Speaker 2: Like I kept hearing about how like Denver like never went head below like a hundred points or something other than like two games in the regular season and then they couldn't get to one hundred three times in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: Like can the Wolves like steal some of these games? Is that a thing? So? As you know ball?
Speaker 6: I mean, the the issue with Denver is the difference between Denver.
Speaker 3: And San Antonio. This is just a wild guess.
Speaker 6: Is geography as geography time zone, but with the basketball teams is as Jayden pointed out, they don't play any defense on Denver, right, they play a ton of defense in San Antonio. So like you may be able to dominate them defensively, but you can't. You know, they're they're gonna win and they're gonna score a ton of points. San Antonio was good because of Wenby, who plays both sides of the ball.
Speaker 3: He's a larger version of Rudy.
Speaker 4: Okay, you know what I'm gonna make a point about basketball, and this is legitimate.
Speaker 3: I saw this, Corey. You're gonna be proud. You can't wait.
Speaker 4: You know what I'm impressed by with that rudy guy.
Speaker 3: He hustles. Max just placed the music. Yep, No, that was right on. Cute. What really matters is but he does.
Speaker 4: As tall as he is and as big as he is, he doesn't just loaf around, you know.
Speaker 3: It.
Speaker 4: Ain't just walk into the end of the court.
Speaker 3: Here's his hustling. Every day. He's hustling, wel s and shuffling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, I really tried.
Speaker 3: There was good. Thanks. I'm proud of you. Corey.
Speaker 4: Yes, sir, gotta be careful if you're going to Huntington Beach, California. It's a beautiful beach. It's on the coast.
Speaker 3: I know where this is going.
Speaker 4: Part of Huntington Beach Shortline in southern California will remain closed following aggressive great white shark activity.
Speaker 3: Oh my, yeah, they're in there.
Speaker 4: Lifeguards spotted a nine to ten foot shark.
Speaker 3: That's a huge beach. I don't have the button.
Speaker 4: Feeding on a sea lion carcass and the surf at Sunset Beach City officials then issued a mandatory forty eight hour water closure spanning one mile in each direction from the beach.
Speaker 5: Oh, they have to wait until they get all the sharks out of the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to reopen the water right.
Speaker 4: Last week, a pro surfing competition in Huntington Beach was put on hold for a day after an aggressive great white shark was spotted near the pier. That one was also estimated to be about ten feet long. Now, I've spent significant amounts of time in Huntington Beach. At Huntington Beach, it's awesome. It's kind of where the locals go down there. It's not too far from where all the activity isn't on the weird part of the beach and where muscle beaches and all that stuff. I would never and I know it's the ocean. I get that. It just feels weird that there are actually great white sharks there.
Speaker 3: It seems like they wouldn't be allowed. They love it. They seem to love it.
Speaker 5: Love it, Yeah, because there's seal carcasses and there's you know, like you know, Paul Lambert.
Speaker 3: Well, let me just say this me, I don't mean, I don't mean that you're like a whale carcass or something.
Speaker 6: I just mean that in general, if you go into the ocean, that you're also a food ops.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're never going to survive.
Speaker 6: Unless thanks theeal. Great point. Didn't Tommy get attacked by a shark? The shadow of a shark? Yes, and he claims he is a shark attack victim.
Speaker 4: I don't know why I see claims.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was attacked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the Great Richard oaknick one said if there were dinosaurs outside, we wouldn't go play baseball. And what he meant was that there are sharks in the water and that's their turf, not not ours. So if you go into the water in Huntington Beach, California, and you're eating by a sharke, it's your fault.
Speaker 3: I can't believe.
Speaker 4: I've lived in the Twin Cities area for thirty years and I've never run into the Great Richard Oak.
Speaker 3: He used to go to a lot of Wolves games. I don't know what he's up to do.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen him in a lot of team I'm never going to run into him. I think the last time I saw him was at a Wolve's game.
Speaker 3: Key works at the U. Don't you think that that's right.
Speaker 4: Don't you think that seal krcass that Great White was feeding on was probably a seal he killed?
Speaker 3: Probably?
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably, I guess you can't prove it. Yeah, but do they are they scavengers like that?
Speaker 3: They just are?
Speaker 4: They like catfish that just eat anything they come up home.
Speaker 6: I don't know if they eat anything. They definitely eat like dead whale carcas.
Speaker 3: If they're not you that's over the line, dude. I don't mean.
Speaker 5: The Minnesota Twins won seven to one over the Blue Jays.
Speaker 3: Marty was there. She'll be here be able to break it down at some point between now.
Speaker 5: At nine o'clock Byron Buxton three for four with a couple of runs, including a home run. Our guy Ryan Jeffers hit a two run home run. The Twins are now fourteen and eighteen, Toronto is fourteen and seventeen, same two teams, and Anneapolis tonight at seven ten SWR for the Twins.
Speaker 3: Well, what really matters? Is this not anything? Well? Yeah, you are right, you are right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you for a miner, Yeah, you're right, thank you.
Speaker 3: Asian worms.
Speaker 4: That can leap a foot in the air, what are spreading across the United States? They've turned up in thirty eight states. Jumping worms, as they're called, can grow to six inches long, lucky, and are red and brown and sometimes metallic looking. They eat important nutrients in the soil and leaf litter that plants need to sprout and grow. You don't want these invasive pests around, so experts say if you spot jumping worms in your garden, drown them in vinegar or seal them in a plastic bag and leave it in the sun for ten minutes before throwing it away.
Speaker 3: That seems cruel in me, My god, dammer believe it. Why don't you just step on it? What are the twelve states that don't have these? Are we one of them? It's a great question, man, are the I believe we are? We are one?
Speaker 2: Okay, it's wormed in Minneapolis parts of southern Minnesota, son of one of the thirty eight.
Speaker 4: If you saw a worm jump in the air, wouldn't you think you were high?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, it would be time to slow down in your drug in Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, who spiked my five hour energy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: A six inch worm that jumps a foot in the air. So many jokes, But that is scary as hell and I want nothing to do with that.
Speaker 3: Don't come to grand View or it's war.
Speaker 5: These Seattle Seahawks are up for sale, and there were a couple of big, big names that got thrown out in the last twenty four hours, but one of them is being denied in terms of the rumors. The one that's possibly legit, Mark Zuckerberg of Meta and Facebook, reportedly wants the Seattle Seahawks. The other one is Tim Cook of Apple, but as of last night, there were people saying that that is absolutely false. So they just assume that he's got a couple billion dollars and this is one of the options. But the expected range is nine to eleven billion dollars for the Seattle Seahawks. And isn't all the money going to charity? Yes, sir, Wow, yeah.
Speaker 4: Man, that would be if I were super duper duper rich. There's no doubt I would want to own an NFL team.
Speaker 6: That'd be fun with slot machines inside the arena.
Speaker 4: Opy Now, that would be cool though. I'd like that. I'd like to own that, and maybe a NASCAR team that'd be fun.
Speaker 5: So this is preposterous. But the ProFootball talk dot com story about this that obviously Zuckerberger's got like what, I don't know, A couple hundred billion, right, yeah, I think you two and fifty. So he can afford nine to eleven billion?
Speaker 3: Could be all right?
Speaker 5: I said, Tim Cook only worth two point nine billion?
Speaker 3: What is he doing? Get back to work? How did that work? I don't know, right, I mean he would he took a long.
Speaker 5: Time Apple CEO now right years Bill Eiden dollar company to a trillion brilliant Yeah, I would have guessed more than two point nine Yeah, I mean that's a lot of money.
Speaker 3: But even the profootballtalk dot com story was like, he can't afford the whole team. He'd have to just be a minority investor. He must have found slot machines. Yeah, he must be really into gambling. Amen, brother, Yeah, but what really matters is this.
Speaker 4: Speaking of gamblings, a four hundred million dollar mega mansion in bel Air, California, is now the most expensive home listed in the US four hundred million dollars also the most expensive public residential living place in the world. If sold near the asking price, he would break the record for the most expensive home ever sold in the United States. The current record is two hundred and forty million dollars for a New York City apartment that was available to everybody.
Speaker 3: In twenty nineteen.
Speaker 4: The potentially record breaking property called the Crown Jewel of Los Angeles hit the real estate market on Tuesday. It says on eight acres of land, has thirty nine bedrooms and fifty nine bathrooms. Is which is what my cabin has over here that I had last night at Grand View Lodge. Again, thirty nine bedrooms, fifty nine bathrooms. Now I like that because God knows you need more bathrooms than you need bedrooms. Totaling seventy thousand square feet, The estate in the Hills was completed in twenty eighteen after about a decade of construction. I don't know anything about this mansion, But who built that, sum bitch? And why did they think they needed that?
Speaker 3: The Marriott? I mean, yeah, it sounds like a hotel.
Speaker 6: You're right, Yeah, I thought you were just naming horses from the Kentucky Derby Tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Hey, by the way, I think the floor in my bathroom and my cabin mansion over there, Yeah, I think it was heated.
Speaker 3: Wow, Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was. I think it was.
Speaker 4: And now I want nothing more I've got at toilet seat that's heated from a cheeks, and now I want a heated bathroom floor. That seems like the ultimate luxury. I don't need anything more than that.
Speaker 3: Why do you heat your cheeks because they're cold and I like it.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you, once you set on my toilet seat, you'll never set on another toilet seat. You'll be my house all the time, just taking taking.
Speaker 3: Dudes, taking dudes. Yeah, you get it.
Speaker 4: Oh no, there's a police officer back there. I'm sorry, sir.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you for being here. Good morning. Saw what you did to the pinball machine.
Speaker 4: He's watching you drive from your cabin over here speeding.
Speaker 3: You can see my car at the place I stayed in last night if.
Speaker 5: You just look out something that is a true statement on New York Knicks won one forty to eighty nine over the Hawks. They win the series four games to two. Halftime was eighty three to thirty six. The largest halftime lead in NBA playoff history was that real, eighty three to thirty six.
Speaker 3: I saw that. I thought it was a goof. At one point in the game, they led by sixty one.
Speaker 6: They watched they won by fifty one. You watched a lot of basketball last time.
Speaker 4: I know what my problem was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well there's still casino. I was trying not to go to the casino. You're right, you're exactly right. But what really matter is this. I had something I was going to tell you. I remember what it was.
Speaker 4: Crap, it was really funny, you guys. I'm sorry to everybody here who missed out.
Speaker 3: On the comedy. I was about that. No later on you guys.
Speaker 4: All right, I told you about days and jumping worms today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did, you guys talk about that.
Speaker 4: It's scares you, doesn't it. I told you about the sharks.
Speaker 3: At the beach, right, yep, they're still there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they still are.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What about the mansion? I tell you about the mansion?
Speaker 3: Sure, yep, I told you about it. Yep. Four hundred million? Cool? Cool? All right?
Speaker 2: This Saturday, that's tomorrow, May second, don't miss it. Join Kfans Chris Hockey at a Quarius Home Service in Little Canada. Stop by their customer appreciation open house, enjoy great food and check out incredible savings from ten thirty to twelve thirty. Infokfan dot com keyword calendar. That's right, come on down, there's great things for the kids. There's great food, the great deals and all kinds of things. I love the good people at the Aquarious home services should be fun. I know you love him too, Saucy, but you decided not to come. I don't know why you're not going down there with me.
Speaker 3: That place is amazing.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: The barbecue sandwiches are a plus. Great spot. Well done. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Are you guys ready for some news some what news?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Good play At the top stories.
Speaker 2: This is KFA Chris Hockey presented by the Saint Paul Saints.
Speaker 4: Saint Paul Saints, Saints Baseball dot com. They are at chs Field this week and of course Iowa in town to play the Saints. Great weekend for outdoor baseball at the best stadium for my money in the Twin Cities, chs Field.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Saints Baseball dot com, Saints Baseball dot Com. My top story of the day is this is my dad's birthday. Happy birthday. Daddy is happy birthday. Dwight is not Dwight.
Speaker 3: Did you get him anything? Don't do it.
Speaker 4: We're talking about my dad, not Dwight.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: But some people are gonna drop a few things on him later. Yeah, like what confetti or streamers or what turns?
Speaker 4: If we're talking about my dad not Dwight. Oh yeah, it's a different person. Yeah, I don't think who today is my dad's birthday?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Dwight's birthday is next week.
Speaker 4: Thank you appreciate that.
Speaker 3: S Happy birthday, Dad. There you go. Awesome. Yep, yeah, all the way back.
Speaker 4: In Indiana, a new state law requiring drivers to stop when a school bus has its red lights flashing. There's a new state law. I always thought it was a state law, right, Yeah, didn't you guys already think that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? H yeah.
Speaker 4: Drivers were technically allowed to pass the school bus stop to load or unload children if the stop arm was activated, but not fully extended.
Speaker 3: What the hell?
Speaker 4: But now lawmakers have tightened the state law by adding new language to clarify exactly wind drivers must stop with the change the position of the stop.
Speaker 3: Arm is irrelevant.
Speaker 4: Drivers must stop as soon as the school bus is flashing red lights and remain stopped until the lights turn off. I think if you physically see somebody pass the school bus with the lights on, we should all be allowed to beat them.
Speaker 5: Yes, correct, thank you? Well see Steve thank you. You know it's nuts, Chris, You've gone through this twice. My kiddo is really good about looking both ways when she crosses the road. Right, she's twelve, the youngest one's twelve. She knows how to look both ways when she crossed the road. Her bus stop, though, is right in front of our house, and when she gets off the bus, she never looks when she's running back to our like across the street. And my point is is like, that's the exact example of if that was just a normal car in a street, she would have looked both ways.
Speaker 3: Yeah right. She's just like, I have the safety of the bus, I'll just run across the street.
Speaker 5: She does it every day, and I'm like, man, this is the spot where if somebody just blows through that red stop arm on a bus, she's not even remotely paying attention. Yeah, not necessarily the best thing in the world she's doing. She should probably pay more attention.
Speaker 6: But that's an example of she's just like, yeah, I gotta I have the right away, I can just walk across here. Well t bone Yeah you know, yeah, boom, be careful, let's help slow down.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't pass school buses.
Speaker 5: And it takes like ten seconds. Just let them get off the bus and we'll move on with our lives. Right, you're listening to this dumb podcast anyway?
Speaker 3: Yeah, where do you want to be?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 3: This show's going nowhere. That's not going to get better your time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you're waiting on it, you're going to be waiting a while. So you might as well just sit there buying the bus. Yeah, correct, and think about life and your choices.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: Anyway, tick bytes are on the rise in the US.
Speaker 3: What bytes? Tick? Oh, just be more careful?
Speaker 4: I like what I like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're weird.
Speaker 4: The CDC reports seeing the highest number of tick byte emergency room visits since twenty seventeen. Do you got an emergency room for a tick bite?
Speaker 3: I mean, if it's bad, right thing, you get lime disease from it?
Speaker 5: Are well?
Speaker 3: I know that, But do you don't know that right away?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I guess. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Ninety six out of one hundred thousand er visits in April war for tick bites, three times the number recorded in March. So far, the Northeast and Midwest have been the most impacted. It's a big issue because ticks can carry lime disease. Rocky Mountain, spotted fever, which doesn't sound good, and something called alpha gal syndrome, a condition that can cause meat allergy.
Speaker 3: It's like the opposite of omega moo syndrome.
Speaker 2: I'm taking my zero tech hey sauce, Yes, sir, I'm gonna look at you, and I want you to hear the joke that I'm saying without actually saying it.
Speaker 3: It can give ladies meat allergy. Again, what's so funny? What are you laughing at? You need help, You need a meating. You need to sit down with somebody. Rand View. Make a little noise for Marnie Galling there.
Speaker 4: She made it hier say, everybody loves your hair.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thanks.
Speaker 3: Brilliant, brilliant. You look tan great big Hey, Hi, everybody can work.
Speaker 4: Hi Marty, Hey, hey, alpha gal syndrome sounds like something you would want.
Speaker 3: Right You're an alpha gal? Yeah, yeah, I think I have that.
Speaker 4: Number one says here on. I didn't know this number one cause of divorce in the United States. Hi, Marty, morning, you missed the first part of that.
Speaker 3: Bars. What time did the Twins game end?
Speaker 8: Nice? It was pretty quick, one nine fifteen, enough time that the wild had not scored the empty net goal yet because they put it up on the JumboTron at target field.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's an entertaining thing at target field.
Speaker 4: Also they won yesterday, Saucy, Come on, man, and Marty's very very entertaining.
Speaker 3: Thank you him, Alpha gut. Yeah, you don't have an allergy to meet. Oh my god, that sounded aggressive me that Who were you talking to? It sounded so aggressive. Doesn't know who that was. She's moving away. It definitely sounded. Oh man, that sounds like something I would say. Yeah, that was way over the line. You're gonna get emails.
Speaker 6: Disgruntled listeners that are tirty of your childish, sophomoric humor.
Speaker 3: Guys saw that. That's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I told you she's worse than any of us.
Speaker 3: What I shivered? Yeah, you sure did.
Speaker 4: Kentucky couple is accused of traveling to Pittsburgh to make money off prostitution.
Speaker 3: Hang on, let's hear him out. How is your family doing? What? Being so judgy?
Speaker 4: Court documents show that Barry Brumley.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, you don't like that name. It's a weird name. Barry Brumley, come on, that's a weird.
Speaker 4: Name, apologizes he's twenty two years old and his hot minx thirty one year old Hillary Sanders, of Louisville, were arrested at a hotel in Cranberry Township last Thursday.
Speaker 3: So if he took her name, he would be Barry Sanders. Yeah. Maybe they're a very progressive couple. Yeah, yeah, can'd be sweet.
Speaker 4: He'd have a much better name because Sauce hates his name.
Speaker 3: Barry Brumley.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a terrible name. Oh, come on, come on, how can that be a name? Yeah, how can that be a name? Anybody here with the last name Brumley?
Speaker 3: Nobody? See, maybe you're right, Paul, it's a free right. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Undercover police allegedly contacted the couple through a website known for advertising sex work. I can't find the website anywhere, and arranged for a meeting with Sanders to exchange three hundred dollars for sexual relations. Sanders took the money from a detective at the hotel before she was arrested in the room, and Barry Brumbley was also apprehended in the parking lot.
Speaker 3: You know what's insane about sex work.
Speaker 5: Is like if you told me it was legal and it was like super prevalent, and he's like, all right, this scal's selling herself.
Speaker 3: Sure it's ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: I'd be like, yeah, it's just some random strangers ten k it's unbelievably cheap.
Speaker 3: Three hundred bucks. A lot of guys are not there, like, yeah, that's a pretty good deal. Yeah, three hundred dollars is.
Speaker 2: Not that much trade cash away, and you're gonna spend more on the tank of gas driving to it.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna need a look at Hillary Sanders before I decide whether or not it's worth three hundred bucks.
Speaker 3: No, you don't. You don't need no look at her. You're in Marty. Any thoughts, Martie, what should the going rate be for the average you know, street walker? It's a legitimate question. I'm not saying you personally.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying, like the people that you know on the street that, especially in Chaska and chan Assen, it's.
Speaker 3: A good question. The ones that I'm than I don't. Yeah, the street walkers down on the south side of the cities, my neighborhood.
Speaker 9: When we keep it classy, okay, I mean I know that. So in terms of ive seen her appearance, Yes, what's a classy price. Well, if I was going to later, just I don't know, I'm probably for zero.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure?
Speaker 6: Is there?
Speaker 3: Make sure there's a comment. Well, you're a celebrity. You gotta get at a couple of zeros for celebrity.
Speaker 7: It's like, next level cameo is basically what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: Here, right, next level cameo. Brilliant.
Speaker 4: That's all the news I got because you know, I'm live on location and all I care about.
Speaker 3: Is the wild Man the wild about the Wolves and the wolves. Okay, there's more of the sentence schedules. Man and the Twins one and the Twins.
Speaker 8: Man might have been the greatest night in Minnesota sports history last night.
Speaker 3: It was pretty cool. It was sweet. I watched all of it. I loved it. Who the Twins played? The Twins plate Seattle? Is that not right? No? No? Hey, did you put all that audio done for the They played Louisiana? No, that's not a team. Is that what you said? Oh?
Speaker 4: Sorry, somebody said Louisiana.
Speaker 3: An Adian national? Hey did you get all that audio done for the Wolves? Pregame? Here? You sir?
Speaker 4: I did, yes, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: One hour from now, we'll play initials.
Speaker 5: One of you gets a crack at one hundred and fifteen thousand dollars and one person here at Grandview will play against these four fine American citizens over here, Marnee, Sauce, Hawk, and Zachary. So one of you gets to play against him. That's one hour from now. But when we come back, we'll do sports. Sauce will walk us through that.
Speaker 6: Two teams moving on to Round two, the Minnesota Wild and the Minnesota Timberwolves.
Speaker 5: For the first time in Minnesota history, we have a hockey team and an NBA team in Round two in the same year. That's nuts more from grand View after this, I'm the fan.
Speaker 2: Get ready for great women's soccer when Minnesota Aurora returns for that. Let's go Minnesota Aurora seven o'clock at TCO Stadium and you get Tickets for all games are on sale now at aman Aurora dot com. You can sign up to one tickets on the to the home opener right now on the contest.
Speaker 3: Page at KFE dot com.
Speaker 4: Good morning, morning, Welcome, thanks for being here. Welcome to the part of Morning Show. We're live at grand View Lodge on a beautiful, beautiful morning. I wonder if it's this beautiful back in the Twin Cities, but here in Brainerd, niswith technically at grand View Lodge.
Speaker 3: It's beautiful.
Speaker 4: It's because all these smiling faces here in front of us. Thank you all for showing up at Grand View Lodge day. We're glad to have you. Thank you for being here. Make a little noise for the parts of morning show.
Speaker 3: If you're love, Why aren't you guys losing your mind? You can't help himself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he cannot help himself.
Speaker 3: He can't. Yeah, it's a great crowd of people out here. They guy over there in the wheelchair stand up.
Speaker 5: Let's go, come on, man, oh, show a little less see you get it, Marnie right, Why isn't that guy just standing up and cheering?
Speaker 3: You know, it's a problem. We're back from commercial break. Let's go.
Speaker 2: There was a great line by Doug Woog back in the day and a Gopher hockey broadcast sold out Minnesota State man Cato Arena, and a big moment in the third period and he gets on.
Speaker 3: He goes everybody in.
Speaker 2: The building here, everybody's up, everybody's standing except those in wheelchairs.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it's it was so memorable that I was. I mean this was probably mid to late two thousands. This was before social like we could clip it whatever.
Speaker 3: That was that memorable and everybody it's.
Speaker 2: It's one of the best Doug Wigillians Murder Gopher hockey head coach.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's right, coach in the nineties. Yeah, back in the PA and debates, the.
Speaker 5: One that didn't the one that didn't recruit Parish. Oh that's right, Yeah, right, that's right.
Speaker 3: I did see.
Speaker 4: Strangely enough, I was at a gas station getting gas and we're here, probably a holiday, and brother, there was a guy who they was obviously they were moving, and uh he had a mattress in the back of his truck and it said Puffy on the side of it. And as I was walking along, just as loud as I could, I went Puffy. And I'm sure people thought I was nuts, right, unless they were listening to Pia New Bay back ten years ago.
Speaker 3: Puffy. That man's lost his dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, look at that guy, Puffy lost his what his dog?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I got it.
Speaker 4: It's time for some sports with the lovely and Talented meets us Paul Lambert.
Speaker 3: It's time for a fan five on the Power.
Speaker 6: Trip The Minnesota Wild beat the Dallas Stars five to last night.
Speaker 3: To winss CEOs four.
Speaker 8: Too.
Speaker 6: They advanced the second round for the first time in eleven years. Quinn Hughes, like Corey predicted, scored two goals last night. Boldi scored two open net goals, and Tarasenko scored the other one.
Speaker 3: Your Minnesota Wild.
Speaker 6: Will battle the Abs in Colorado, where the first two games will be played.
Speaker 3: Let's go a wonderful night in Saint Paul. Obviously Minneapolis as well.
Speaker 2: We'll get to that in a second, but that was a long awaited night for Minnesota Wild fans. You could tell the fans in the building where just they needed that. And it's been a long time. Twenty fifteen was the last time they made it to the second round, despite having eight playoff appearances in that time, which is that leads the NHL for most playoff appearances in the last eleven years, and the fact that every single one of those, obviously besides last night, ended.
Speaker 3: In heartbreak in the first round. But yeah, the Wild did it.
Speaker 2: While he played really, really well in goal, we got Quinn Hughes back going scoring again, which is school. He had a couple and then just great effort top to bottom. Defensively, really good effort. Favor had some great plays. I mean it just it was a very physical game, but the Wild stayed out of the box despite Dallas really trying to go at them into doing that. Obviously, the Stars apple wise in the power play again, but the Wild played very very well five on five, as they have all series, won a big game and now they have the best team in the league as their prize for the next round. But I think the Wild have proven multiple times against Colorado that they can skate with them, they can stay with them, and they can shut them down because they can. So we'll see what happens in the second round. But well done Minnesota Wild, Well done Wolves, and to Twins. And let's keep his momentum going, shall we.
Speaker 4: How cool is it that the Quinn Hougheston worked out exactly like we thought it would. Right when they got him here, they were like, this is going to be the difference maker. Look who was the difference maker last night?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would agree with with Mikoletti, who was taking them then the fanline last I mean, at this point's a steal. It was for four first rounders, But I still would consider this a steal. I see Quinn, you know, really gelling with this team as well. So I think our odds of him sticking around, which I mean already is a steal. But if he does stick around, even for a couple of years, I mean, it is a wonderful best trade probably in Minnesota sports history, I for sure, And I don't think that's hyperbably.
Speaker 3: He is. He is a difference maker on the ice.
Speaker 2: Not only can he score like he did last name, but he has contributed in his so many different ways beyond the score sheet. And he yeah is if the Wild do get past Colorado, he will be uh probably reason number one. And if they get past Colorado, we talk about it. I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves here, but the competition significantly falls off after that. And if they play their game after getting past Colorado, this I mean we are talking absolutely talking realistic chance at a parade here.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine the competition gets worse as you go on?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's come on, any great job, Gary Betman. They don't even say the NHL. I mean, it's it's all Gary Betman, the commission in the National Hockey League. He loves this playoff system, and it's it sucks because, yeah, we've had to basically have back to back conference finals for the Minnesota Wild at least conference level opponents.
Speaker 3: So but I guess if your battles, the one.
Speaker 2: Where you have is you're so you go through war basically twice now that once you do get these, your opponent you are beaten up and you're you know, maybe not as as ready, but hopefully, like I said earlier, hopefully it's like taking the donut off the bat on and you just start swinging away after that and win yourself a championship.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about. I guess. Yeah, the other one talking about everybody else, Yeah, I had you love it? Hey? Is that Eric's that guy?
Speaker 2: Okay appears to be now, who knows, We'll see we didn't, you know, we had Zucarello do a postgame interview and do a morning skate the following day and then uh not play for three games.
Speaker 3: So hockey injuries are just wild.
Speaker 2: But yeah, Eric Snak went down kind of blew a tire basically when in the boards, awkwardly needed help to get to the dressing room, and then a few minutes later, all of a sudden, he's back out there skating and he looks just fine.
Speaker 3: So who knows what they did when he was gone.
Speaker 2: We all can maybe guess, but hopefully that whatever they did, they can keep doing and keep him out there because he is a valuable part of this Minnesota Wild team, so keeping him healthy is imperative if they especially if they want to get past Colorado.
Speaker 5: Those kind of breaks are tough, those like intermissions or whatever, because like I remember in high school, I got really really injured in my coach football, coach Bud Kilmer was going to like shoot me up with a bunch of drugs.
Speaker 3: So I would go, pull your hands up. Rosie's not here to do. Never mind, that's it's from varsity Blues. It didn't happen to me. Yeah.
Speaker 6: The Wolves had a series to close out across town of Minneapolis, and like the Wild, they won. They beat Denver one ten to ninety eight. That's the third time this series they held Denver under one hundred points. Jaden was outstanding with thirty two points. Terrence Shannon Junior had twenty four. Your Wolves will battle the Spurs on Monday. We don't know what time, but the spurs are a fourteen and a half point.
Speaker 3: Where are you not reading?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Max's I mean Max wrote a complete breakdown. Are you guys ready and you're supposed to read it word for words?
Speaker 3: Are you skipped multiple phrases? Last words?
Speaker 4: I won't courage.
Speaker 5: So this is Max has got like some wires with his jaw right now, so he's having a hard time.
Speaker 3: We love you Max.
Speaker 5: So so Max is trying to keep his jaw healthy and not talking. So what he did is he he sent this script to Saw. So these are Max's thoughts. Max's words read by Paul Okay.
Speaker 4: As we all know, this is going to be a roller coaster buckle up might be his last broadcast.
Speaker 3: What don't skip anything, don't read everything he said? What it do? What's good in the hood y'all? Well, I'll tell y'all what's good. And it ain't my jaw.
Speaker 6: It's the god dang Timberwolves who put the Nuggets down like old Yeller last time. Yes, it winning one ten to ninety eight to bring the ass into the second round. I ain't Mary, but I think jayde Daniels is the father of the Nuggets. After dropping thirty two points while grabbing ten boards, not Broad's sorry Hawk. If I listed every Timberwolves player that bawled out last night, it would sound like the list of names and freak a leak shout out Pete Pablo Genius Jokic had twenty eight, but who cares because of the rest of the summer.
Speaker 3: He's fining to.
Speaker 6: Take his horse to the Old Town Road and ride it till he can't know mo because it's wrapped like a euro from Denver. Jamal Murray was fraudulent and maybe it's the whitest dude ever to be named Jamal. Next is the Spurs and Victor Wembanyama, who's as tall as Megan. The Stallion is thick, and let me tell y'all she's double cheeked up, maybe even triple cheeked up. But before I go, let me say the joker is buns. Bruce Brown is cheeks, the nuggets are butts, the abs are ass. Tim Allen is the booty because he's from Denver. John Denver is heiny because he's got Denver in his name. Tie your do rags extra tight, get them waves swimming, stay black, and keep it pimp and peace out, y'all.
Speaker 3: Brilliant. Max's awesome, brilliant. Hey, Max just put more effort.
Speaker 5: Into sauces Sports update than Sauce has ever put into his own sports update.
Speaker 3: That is correct, sir is Zach, how much did you love as I did? Finite? I can't read. That's great and bring the ass. Yeah, well done, well done? Yeah so yeah, yeah they play on Monday, Martins Heres.
Speaker 7: Awesome, awesome, awesome.
Speaker 8: I listened to the entire second half on the Wolves app on the iHeartRadio on the drive up here last night because the Kfan radio had continuing postgame coverage from the Wild Game.
Speaker 3: So awesome job.
Speaker 8: Shout out to Chad Abbt and all the others who line up that s on on the radio for us to listen to for those of us who were driving up to Grandview Lodge last night. So to find out that you do not have Io Desumu and Kyle Anderson in addition to already not having Dante DiVincenzo and Anthony Edwards last night, I can't imagine the shuffle in game plan and execution and strategy. And I mean iow would have been in the starting lineup last night and Mike Conley was the postgame guest for Alan Horton and Jim Peterson, and he said they found out at five o'clock when they got to the arena that they were not going to have those other two, meaning Io and Kyle Anderson. And Kyle Henderson is another ball handler. He is like the backup to the backup point guard. Every guy I just listed is a guard when need be so to find out you are down two more at five o'clock. The job that the coaching staff did to be able to shuffle and come up with a plan C and D and E, and for the guys that played to play as.
Speaker 7: Well as they did.
Speaker 8: And Jaden McDaniels had zero turnovers in addition to the points and rebounds and blocks. Rudy Gobert was to assists Shy of a triple double.
Speaker 5: They played for Clast Timberwolves Hawk. Thank you so, but Martins, why was so? Target Center is electric? The place is going nuts the fourth quarter at the end they're pulling away. Everybody's out of their seat like waving their towels. And then there's Dante Devens just sitting there like he doesn't even care.
Speaker 3: Well played, what his problem is? Honk your hands I have a question, why why was I not playing? Listen? Do we know he was on the was he injured? Did he have the runs? What was the deal?
Speaker 8: It was a calf issue, and I have no idea if it's significant enough that it might linger into the next series.
Speaker 3: You have to.
Speaker 8: And then Kyle Anderson was illness, so I would assume he's going to be good to go.
Speaker 3: So he had the runs illness? Yeah, happy birthday, Dwight.
Speaker 6: Oh. The Twins won last night seven to one, same two teams tonight at seven ten.
Speaker 3: Simeon Woods Richardson goes for the Twins. That's all you're giving him? Yeah, who cares about that? Well, no stats, no contact, just assuming Marty's going to all the right give it to do you work the game? Yeah, nobody cares about that team.
Speaker 7: Oh that's not true.
Speaker 3: I care about this team. And look at all the Twins.
Speaker 7: Hats and sweatshirts that's right out here in the audience.
Speaker 3: Thank you guys. Wait, I'm wearing one. Yeah, you're literally wearing Are you the only one one? So where's the one? Three out there? Those guys, yeah, yeah, they love it, were there? I mean that's extra credit with the surf side had Oh yeah, look at my brother.
Speaker 7: My brother.
Speaker 3: Is that your brother?
Speaker 7: No, not my actual brother. Okay, they live in Fargo, nor Scott.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that was a really fun Twins game last night. They had the Wild and Wolves scores after the once the Wolves started, but they they had it was like it was like celebrate Minnesota night last night. Derek Shelton in his postgame press conference wore a Wild sweatshirt and there's just a lot of love.
Speaker 3: There was a lot of love Byron. Buxton hit a home run.
Speaker 8: Our guy, Ryan Jeffers hit a two run home run. Nice great starting pitching, Bailey over That is the way you want to play.
Speaker 3: Is Buckston got ten already this year? Probably?
Speaker 4: I mean that's got to be close to ten, right.
Speaker 7: I think there was eight last night for him. But they've all come in the last two weeks.
Speaker 4: There you go, it's happening.
Speaker 7: What a fun night.
Speaker 4: It's all changing here. Remember when Boston was terrible for so long, then they want everything. That's what's happened in Minnesota right now.
Speaker 3: They're looking at us. Yeah, the shoe is turning on the other feet. What yeah, isn't that? What is that not the same is that close like that. I don't think so.
Speaker 4: The bubbles, I don't know. I'm trying to think of something sportsy.
Speaker 3: You got it, man, All right, good, let's go. I'm pretty sure there's no Vikings news, so I don't know what we're gonna do. I do know what we're gonna do. Not gonna be there.
Speaker 4: You go talk to Don about what's going on to Grand View Lodge next and find out all the special things happening up here at this lovely place in Minnesota all summer long.
Speaker 3: The wild they're moving on, the wolves are moving on.
Speaker 5: We'll talk more about that in the sections What initials At eight fifteen, Live from Grand View Lodge.
Speaker 3: This is the power of Trip Morning. Shoe on the Fan, Blue Fan