Speaker 1: Just a second date update a mojo in the morning.
Speaker 2: All right, So Nick went on a date, thought things were good, and now was getting ghosted. We're going to find out exactly why a guy's getting ghosted.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: This is Nick and a guy that he went on a date with. And Nick, how did you guys meet? We met through some friends, okay, And so was it a one time date or did you guys talk for a while and go on a couple of dates with each other?
Speaker 1: No, we went on a couple of dates.
Speaker 4: We were talking, we were texting, we it was actually about a month we were together.
Speaker 2: So it was a little relationship that was going on for a month. And his name is Leo. Leo is not calling you back. Yeah, I hate to hear this. I do hate to hear that you guys spend a month together and then somebody doesn't at least just say hey, this is the reason why.
Speaker 1: Leo is on with us.
Speaker 2: Right now, Nick said hi to Leoh.
Speaker 5: Hey, what's up?
Speaker 4: You tell me you ghosted me?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you.
Speaker 2: Get so let me ask you a couple of questions because I know this is awkward for you to have to answer to that right away.
Speaker 3: Leo, So.
Speaker 1: You guys hung out with each other.
Speaker 2: For a month and then what was it that, you know, made you just not at least like call him back and go, hey, man, you know, either I'm not interested or I'm busy or what's going on? Like why why not at least give him the let's maybe pick this up at a later time whatever the deal is.
Speaker 5: Just felt like there were just too many.
Speaker 6: Things that he wasn't uh disclosing, you know, like there's just too many secrets.
Speaker 1: Do you have kids or something? Would you know what? First off? Nick? Would you know what he's talking about when he talks about secrets?
Speaker 4: You know, you know, I think I have an idea why, But you know, I if it's not that, then I don't want to say it.
Speaker 3: So I mean, you know, he could just answer.
Speaker 1: HM, well what is it?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 5: What did you realize he was keeping from you?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 5: She you know, I guess like it's some medical stuff.
Speaker 2: And hold on, yeah, I mean hold on, what would you say, lydia? They cannot hear Leo? Why would they not be able to hear Leo?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I got like three calls, so they can't hear him.
Speaker 1: They can't not here Leo Leo speak up?
Speaker 5: Can you you can't hear me?
Speaker 2: I feel like we can. I can hear you? Can you hear h? Check one two? Check one two?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 5: Here you guys fine area?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Can I can I say this to you? I know this is gonna sound weird because it's very rare that we do have same sex relationships. I think sometimes people hear one voice and not know whose voice is what.
Speaker 1: So that's the thing. So Nick, so Nick Nick? Is Nick? Nick? Say hello?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 1: That's Nick? Leo say hello hello?
Speaker 2: Okay, So Leo is the one that's not calling back, and Nick wants to know what's going on. Leo says it's because Nick's not telling him about some medical stuff. Nick, Are you okay with Leo telling you know the whatever it is that he's going to tell because you obviously know what he's talking about.
Speaker 4: Yeah now yeah, now I obviously know what he's talking about. And he's he's saying it's because I'm HIV positive.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, are you okay with Are you okay with talking about this?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's fine because I'm also undetectable and untransmittable, so it's it's a non issue.
Speaker 2: So you're so medically you're still okay to be in relationship with somebody, which is the case for anybody that is HIV positive. So, Leo, why why does that bother you so much? I mean, you know, we were a month in before he told me, and you think that you think that he should have told you that right off the bat.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, have you.
Speaker 1: Rea intimate at all?
Speaker 9: I mean not, you know in a way that would you know risk that, but I mean, you know kind of, and I like, it's just yeah, it's it's I mean, I got tested and I'm.
Speaker 5: Clean, but you know, it's just you're not gonna tell me.
Speaker 2: Right he told he told you Leo before though, that you guys were going to ever do any kind of uh intercourse with each other?
Speaker 1: Am I safe to say that? Okay?
Speaker 2: It sounds like maybe some off stuff though? But Nick, Nick, quick quick question for you, why did you wait so long?
Speaker 4: Well, because it's you know, it's an embarrassing topic obviously, you know, it's it's a personal metal thing. And again I'm undetectable and untransmittable, so that's it's not putting any body in danger, like I understand. And and the reason I do also wait, is because of reactions like this, I mean people just us. Oh you know, oh you you've uh tested positive before, so now you know you're you're like a leopard.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: This isn't the nineties anymore. So it's a personal I understand. If you're putting somebody at risk, you know, then you know it's it's a you have responsibility to say something. But this is at this point, with current medicine and it being undetectable, it's just a personal, private medical thing for me.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: And just to ask this question, you guys did not have sexual intercourse with each other. I'm assuming you guys kissed or something, and I just you know, we.
Speaker 4: We folded around and staid, but no before we had it, Yeah, any intercourse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did tell him, yes, okay, And that's when you told them, And in all fairness us to do research on this one. You cannot get HIV from normal close mouth kissing or social kissing. And that's pretty much all you guys were doing with each other.
Speaker 5: Well a little bit more than that, yeah, Well.
Speaker 2: And you told him before there was any kind of more that happened between you guys. Yeah, and this is normal, Nick, that you in relationships have not told people.
Speaker 1: Right away that's correct?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, And Leo, do you at least look at this and say, hey, I probably should have just said to him, you know what, I'm not that you know, I'm not interested, or or said hey, this is the reason I'm not interested.
Speaker 1: Did you ever think about that?
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, I should have done all that, but you know, it's just.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I didn't, but yeah, don't.
Speaker 6: It's I don't need the I don't need the kind of mental gymnastics that somebody goes through to justify not disclosing something like that very early on, because it's like, what else are we not going to disclose because it's undetectable, you know, in one way or another, or you know that kind of yeah, you know, and a million other situations like you know what, what are you telling yourself to not disclose something?
Speaker 5: And I just I'm good.
Speaker 2: Are comments from listeners on this, and then I'm going to allow Nick an opportunity to continue. If he doesn't want to continue, then I'm okay with that. But Jasmine, would you want to.
Speaker 8: Say, you know, I think that Nick is the one that has a positive correct, Yes, Nick, yep. I think that Nick had every right in the world to not want to tell Leo at first. You know, it's really prep is really well known in the LBGP community. You know, like you said, this isn't the nineties, isn't the eighties anymore? And honestly, the likelihood that they probably have herpees is way higher. Right, It's like eighty percent of the community as a whole, you know, gay, straight, whatever, We basically all have some sort of uh, some sort of version of like cold source, right, and so I think we should be way more worried about that.
Speaker 2: At what point, though, should he say, Hey, I just want to let you know, here's what's going on medically with me.
Speaker 8: When when he is ready do I think he should have gone far and maybe done whatever they did together.
Speaker 3: Before saying it.
Speaker 8: No, However, that's something that they need to communicate about, and I think it's a shame on Leo cannot be like, hey, you know what, it made me really uncomfy that you didn't tell me this, so I need to I need.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that and that would have been I think the thing to do if Leo just said, hey, I need to process what you just told me Edward, what's up.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I don't want to tell me, but uh that I disagree with a lot of things that she says about, like stay with the herpe stuff because like I'll build on that.
Speaker 3: I have bolds. I get them.
Speaker 10: If I go out with my friends and I'm drinking beers, they want to drink my beer, I tell them like, hey, man, you know you have cold stores.
Speaker 1: Right, You're not going to get it.
Speaker 10: But just full disclosure.
Speaker 3: There it is, but also too at the.
Speaker 10: Same time, like, I'm I've been married to my wife, I've been together for thirteen years. I've never given her a cold sort just because like I'm safe with it and.
Speaker 3: And I don't have like an active.
Speaker 10: Cold sort doesn't and it's very unlikely for me to transmit it doesn't make it less of a disclosure. Like, no, you you should definitely tell people about these things moving forward.
Speaker 5: I don't care about LGBT you.
Speaker 1: He said, Oh, I'm sorry that yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't mean to say spit.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. Yeah, I get it.
Speaker 5: I know, but and listen, you got to disclose it.
Speaker 2: I I and I get that, and I get your situation, but I also feel like there's probably a lot of people out there that won't look at somebody even just to go out on a dinner date with, even if there's nothing happened in other than just going to dinner because they're so worried about it or uneducated about it. Tay is somebody who can't call it in And Tay, you told Lydia that you.
Speaker 1: Are HIV positive?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well and and.
Speaker 2: Tay, what are your thoughts on wa Nick did by not saying anything right away?
Speaker 7: Personally, I understand his feelings of like, oh, I hate getting like judge a certain type of way, but being someone who has like like lived, I do phil as if that he should have said something sooner, Like I get that, like, if that's something private. First date, maybe not say nothing because you're still trying to figure it out. Second date, when you know I actually like this person, you should say something waiting a month. That does kind of open it up for people to be like, well, why didn't two satans say anything? If you feel that everything is fine, then why couldn't do say anythings sooner?
Speaker 1: If you're talking to somebody, like I said.
Speaker 3: Like a I would say like second date, because like first date, you're really just like figuring it out. It's just like, hey, who are you this, this, and that. By the second date, you kind of have more of a vibe like I actually like this person, I actually want to do. Date number three, you should probably say something that what.
Speaker 11: Has been your experience when you have had those conversations, how has that been received, and what if people acted or said to you once you explain that to them.
Speaker 7: I will say that I haven't necessarily had any negative like reactions towards it. I'm one that's a little more selective with who I even think.
Speaker 3: That could take that conversation.
Speaker 7: Like again, that's what I said, like I've kind of fell people out before I even open myself up like that because I mean, no that dang like everybody like business. But I mean I still kind of give it some a time just to really feel as if I can think that someone is mature enough to have this real, real conversation.
Speaker 3: Then yeah.
Speaker 7: But yeah, I don't just open up to just like any and everybody. So I understand that that that feeling of not wanting to just be like, you know, just put.
Speaker 3: It out there and all of this.
Speaker 7: But yeah, if I feel serious about somebody, then I'm gonna say something, h.
Speaker 2: Nick, Do you regret not saying anything after hearing Leo talk here this morning?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, I don't regret because it's clearly obvious that he had this very immature and uneducated reaction.
Speaker 2: Okay, so will you continue then? If you are dating, I'm sure you are going to date. Will you continue to wait until you feel like it's right then to say something?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: You know, I I heard the last person and maybe the second date, you know that I could consider instead of instead of a month, But like, this is still not something that I feel something needs to be disclosed immediately.
Speaker 1: Like on the first date, Mark is a caller, would you want to say Mark?
Speaker 12: Good morning? Guys. I just want to say that I'm sorry to say this, but I don't know this whole thing about the undetoutable. But I did time in prison for a drug case, and I was in prison with a guy that was HIV positive and did not disclose it, and his partner whoever he swift that he didn't tell, got HIV and he got two years for not doing that, two years, So very serious. I I just and I feel for for Leo like that that was kind of hope man, and then you played MEO really bad.
Speaker 2: But what if But what if you're not sexually active with the person, but you're just going on dates with them?
Speaker 12: I mean, I guess that's fine too, But I mean, if you're HIV positive and you know that things are going to happen, you have to disclose that. That is something really serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 11: Part of Google's it says undetectable equals untransmittable. So you know, there's longer definitions and stuff. But do your research. I think that's a huge piece of it too. Like there's such a stigma around any std str that immediately when you hear what people have you say, hands off, and I'm not trying to go down that path. And you know, like my man's I don't remember which man's has said it. I think it was Leo or Leo the one Leo.
Speaker 1: Okay, Leo.
Speaker 11: You know there have been advancements in medical you know, in the medical world.
Speaker 2: That is now what you're talking about. Next to that, Yeah, that's Nick is the one that's getting ghosted has Okay, Yeah, like you know, do your research. Man didn't make a decision.
Speaker 1: Second date update. It finds a lot to tell your mom phones cams and Shannon's dirty on the thirty in the morning