Speaker 1: How's the stream stream commencing broadcasting on AM five to seventy LA Sports and streaming on the iHeartRadio while Friends.
Speaker 2: The longest running afternoon sports show in the city. No congratulations necessary.
Speaker 3: All traces of Fred Rogan have been removed.
Speaker 1: This is petros in Money, Thank You, Thank You, hosted by Petros Papadacas terrible person, He's the worst and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: The pipes, the pipes, the pipe. Don't miss an episode.
Speaker 3: We're with you, Yeah, follow.
Speaker 1: The petros In Money Show wherever you get your podcasts now Here's Petros Papadakas and Matt money Smith.
Speaker 2: This could be used properly in the context of Lebron's lives. Teach your heart to accept disappointments, even from people you love.
Speaker 4: Petrosen Money live on location at the BJ's Restaurant in brew House in Irvine. Will be here until six o'clock, one hour down, two to go. The Mayor of Irvine, Larry Agron, is gonna join us this hour, clean table, clean up, this mesh got our bibble heads. By the way, young Luca, who is celebrating a birthday today.
Speaker 5: Happy birthday to Luca Sydney.
Speaker 4: Sidney is twin sister Luca had his pick of our swap Meet prizes and decided to go with the Freedom Trained Trophy, which you know we like to put out in front of us to let people know we're kind of a big deal.
Speaker 3: We went awards even if.
Speaker 4: There were show, But I would like to thank someone who never shows up empty handed, one of our favorites, Carlos in the absence from Brooklyn.
Speaker 5: Carlos, what's the deal, dude?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I see like you're repping Brooklyn, like your biggie smalls, Like you have a Brooklyn right, you have like a Subway shirt on, you have a Brooklyn Dodgers hat in Anaheim territory, but you're not from Brooklyn.
Speaker 3: Copy that, all right.
Speaker 4: Carlos gave us the PMS five seventy People's Choice Award from twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: We are the choice of the people at a major all sports bar, at a chain restaurant.
Speaker 4: It's the size of Rhode Island. P I heard somebody say that once.
Speaker 2: You know, usually when hikers die, they get lost, like in a Yosemite and somebody, or the San Bordin and Mount Shasta or sand Burdou Mount Maldy. But every once in a while a shopper will get lost here at the marketplace in Irvine and die. And it is a terrible thing. It happens maybe once every four or five years. Because the marketplace in Irvine so large, it's so massive. I mean, it's unbelievable.
Speaker 4: It's not like that mall and Carson that's very you see you mean the Carson mall.
Speaker 3: No, I shouldn't say that.
Speaker 4: It is not like the Long Beach marketplace off the six so five at Carson people.
Speaker 5: I don't want to lost you a lot. That's not cool.
Speaker 2: I don't want to talk about that. I lost my car once. Some sais because I'm I was stolen. I swear to God's a line. I swear to God it was stolen. They stole my car. I wasn't drunk. They stole my car and then they brought it back to make me look.
Speaker 4: Like a role Are you sure that you did not just misplace it and you have walked to a different lot from the movie theater.
Speaker 5: Listen, I've been around, you know, and I'm sure.
Speaker 2: It was more right there and it's been stolen. Are you sure though? All right, full disclosure, you want to hear the story.
Speaker 3: Five, yes, they want to hear the story.
Speaker 2: They paid Matt and I and you listen, you guys are gonna be pretty envious film. You guys are gonna feel like losers when Matt and I are such a big deal. Okay, Matt and I got paid five hundred dollars each. That's right to go see the Fat Lady comedian.
Speaker 4: Movie Melissa McCarthy Spot Spy with Jason Bateman.
Speaker 2: And lead is that She's fat, right, And we and we watched that. We watched the movie by ourselves. They screened it in a theater for just us.
Speaker 5: I think it was either that or no one else was interested in the movie.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: You know, seeing a movie at ten am in Long Beach isn't exactly what most people do on a weekday. And I misplaced my truck. Okay, it's only like a two and a half ton truck. And Matt had to help me find the security people, and we were going driving around the whole area.
Speaker 4: The whole lot in a golf cart. Not the largest lot, by the way, not a very large it.
Speaker 5: Felt large that day.
Speaker 2: And I, other than the fact that some conspiracy theorists still believed that my truck was stolen and then brought back to make me look like a fool. We did locate the truck in a different parking lot that I had originally remember that I parked in, and the crisis was averted us. But I was positive, like, wow, I've never had my car stolen. I've had it towed away, but I've never had it stolen. And that was a terrible moment in my life.
Speaker 4: The security detail never once thought to call the police to file a stolen car. They just kept putting us in the cart, like, what do you say we drive her on again?
Speaker 5: They just let's just check one more time.
Speaker 2: They were convinced that they had a short term memory problem with a local stoner. And perhaps they were right. Yeah, perhaps, but it remains a mystery to this day. Indeed, still nobody really knows why Jack Ruby shot Lee Harvey Oswald.
Speaker 4: Oh and a hell of a movie, by the way, Hey Oswalt, all right?
Speaker 2: That brings speaking of history, that brings me to the word of the day today. With his words, the word of the day, I don't know if you want to pull it, Kates, I don't even want to hear it, because it depresses me. But there coming out with a he Man movie in the summer.
Speaker 5: He Man.
Speaker 4: The last time this happened, it did not go well.
Speaker 3: You're right, it did not go well. Kevin Smith.
Speaker 2: He Man is a great cartoon from my childhood that I love. I love its homo erotic nature. I love how swoll he Man is. It reminds me of my older brother Tosso was very much like a perfect guy, and that's how he Man was. It's hard to screw up he Man. Then they had the he Man spin off with his hot sister Shira. Right awesome. But things have taken a dark turn here in the twenty first century, much like the Caviard Thief. He might be here, it could be right next to you. Not since the Nightstalker was admission vieho have we had such public fear.
Speaker 3: That kevy yarthief could be at this pjas right now.
Speaker 2: So, like five or six people sent me, I guess the trailer must have come out this morning, because five or six people sent me the he Man trailer of a live action he Man movie coming out in the summer, big production.
Speaker 4: Now there's already been a live action he Man film, right, Dolph lundering was he he was Prince Adam and he Man heard that.
Speaker 2: So that's that was what like probably late eighties.
Speaker 3: I would guess things.
Speaker 2: Have taken a dark turn into twenty first cent.
Speaker 4: Is this going somewhere that we don't really want to go? No, I mean they like Zach Effron or something or No.
Speaker 2: Guy looks like he was just like, I don't you know, I'm so old that I don't even know who the young actors are anymore.
Speaker 5: He looks like it's some white guy.
Speaker 2: It's wall and like, I guess he's working like a normal job in the real world, but it's that construction guy. No, he works at a desk and they had his pronouns on his desk. He him, oh man. But I thought like, maybe that's because of he Man. Maybe they're not, you know, super progressive. Because I don't want to see progressive he man. I want to see homo erotic fisto he man, freaking fisto man ram man, fisto, arms, gay club mustache. It's like cruising with al Pacino as a cartoon, great great stuff. I don't want to see woke he man. Not that I'm against it, but I don't want to see it. But then maybe that he him was because of he Man, right, and he's gonna end up with Tila in another world. But I it really took a lot of air out of my balloon watching the promo or whatever you call it, the trailer, and it was a long ass trailer, like, Hey, this is gonna be a big, big deal now. What happened last time was a couple of years back. Kevin Smith, the great comic book rider and the movie maker. He made a he Man cartoon series. I was very excited about. And one of our listeners who worked for Mattel sending me t shirts promotional items, and I was excited. And then I watched it and he Man dies in the first thirty seconds and it's all about Tila and her lesbian lover.
Speaker 3: Seriously true story.
Speaker 2: And Tela, Tila has a severe lesbian haircut, and not that there's anything wrong with it, but she's got like a slanted like a you know, like a froud bluch and like Nazi thing going and uh, and she has uh. Her girlfriend is a person of color. So they check a lot of boxes, but not the box of entertainment. So I will not be going to the he Man live action unless there's something What.
Speaker 3: If you're Fletcher's like, I want to go see he Man?
Speaker 2: You're gonna go?
Speaker 5: Is he Man riding an electric bike into oblivion?
Speaker 3: That he won't watch it.
Speaker 2: Unless he Man is wrapping in uh in auto tuned. I'm sure that it will not be seen by my troglodite child.
Speaker 5: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Just take a look at the promo. Judge for yourself. I'm not the end all be all or a all be all as Lebron Jamie. I am not the a all be all of what's entertaining. Obviously, things have passed me by.
Speaker 3: Looks like Idris elba is man at arms.
Speaker 4: When I talk about the man at arms, some acting shops.
Speaker 2: Man at arms has to be a white swool guy with a mustache. He looks like a cop in the eighty just just as likely to defeat skeletory as he is to sonomize you with a billy club.
Speaker 4: The Mayor is canceled. The mayor is canceled on us. We had him booked, but he is now canceled.
Speaker 5: The worst part is I haven't even started drinking.
Speaker 3: Imagine where we can go?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry anyway, don't watch the promo because well watching and then may judge for yourself. Maybe when I saw the he him, maybe I just turned off, and maybe that's my fault, my fault for being an old white guy. Here's my number number.
Speaker 4: Well, if this didn't upset everybody, if that didn't upset everybody, maybe we can just kind of clean up and make sure that we offend the last group of folks that wasn't you.
Speaker 5: Want to hit a spare. I want to pick up the spare here.
Speaker 3: Your number of the day is five hundred and eighty.
Speaker 4: Turns out that America is getting less fat thanks to.
Speaker 2: The non from.
Speaker 4: Fat drugs, the GLP one weight loss drugs.
Speaker 3: We go v exactly. Nothing is everything.
Speaker 5: That's that's psiriasis.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 4: This though P is going to potentially, they believe, and this is a reason to invest in airline stocks. Is going to save the aviation industry as much as six hundred million dollars per year because people are not fat like they used to be. And when you shave thousands of pounds off a one hundred and seventy to two hundred and ninety person flight, you save a whole bunch of money. In fuel with the same number of asses and seats, but with a lot less poundage. So they're saying airlines may be the big investment to make because of the introduction of golp one weight loss drugs, people getting slimmer, thus airline and their flights getting lighter, and fuel costs being reduced dramatically thanks to the ozembic.
Speaker 2: Well, why wouldn't they if that's the case, right, if you can lighten up like one or two or three or everybody on the plane right before they get on the plane, why don't they announce like, hey, we're gonna get on the plane. Why did everybody try to blow it out? You know, we'll get here. We'll give you fifty dollars rebate if you blow it out right now, right now.
Speaker 4: Collectively, we could save about one hundred pounds there. I think this is going to shave thousands of pounds off the flight. I mean still, still, I mean that's a lot of blowing out to get a couple of thousand pounds.
Speaker 2: I mean, you got four hundred people on the fly and everybody blows it out.
Speaker 4: It's a big You squeeze a little vizin in their drinks and just make sure they get rid of everything. Might not want to be on that fly. It works all right. Song of the Day.
Speaker 2: The song of the Day.
Speaker 6: Today's song of the Day is anagram by Irvine band Young the Giants The Petro Some Money Show is live at Bjy's and Irvine hopefully enjoying some pizuokis while bringing you great sports talk, leading you up to Clippers and Lakers with fully functional employee Adam at six.
Speaker 2: Hey, and be honest, Colin is Kate's a little butt hurt that Dwayne McDonald showed up and he's not He's not hanging out with him.
Speaker 5: I think he he.
Speaker 3: Probably wishes he was there. Yeah, I wish I was there with.
Speaker 5: Dayne Good Irvine Crown. I'm not gonna lie crowd.
Speaker 4: I got a good packed house here, Lamar, I appreciate that. Still got a TV to give away. Our friend Brett from Weston House UH provided a fifty eight inch Ux Series four K Ultra TV with Zumo Action in it.
Speaker 2: We only got like four chicks here, and three of them are right here at the front. Tag that three hot chicks exactly right. There's one back there. Yeah, we've got another one. The booth the one you gave the knife kit too.
Speaker 4: I hope someone's carving something back. He's gonna go full lady god dive on barbs.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I want to see a squirrel by the end of this thing. That's what I'm looking forward to, all right.
Speaker 2: More great sports talk, top sports talk coming up there.
Speaker 1: Petros Papadakis Money. This is Petro Send Money on Demand.
Speaker 5: Thank you for coming out.
Speaker 2: We are live at the BJ's Restaurant in brue House in beautiful Irvine, California. Petro Send Money Show on M five seventy LA Sparts, your home of Dodger Baseball.
Speaker 5: We talked to David Vasse in the last hour.
Speaker 2: We exposed Lebron James as a chronic an habitual liar. We've given away all kinds of stuff. Don't forget the Clippers and Lakers tonight pregame at six, tipoff and seven. Right here on AM five seventy we're giving away BJ's gift cards. We've yet to give away the Westinghouse television.
Speaker 4: That is a beautiful thing. Fifty eight inches thanks to Brett he's here. Fifty eight inch Zumo TV less app hoppin. More TV watching is what we're talking about with that Ultra HD four k ux series TV from Weston House. That'll be the grand prize giving away between now and six o'clock. The Mayor, Larry Agron, Mayor of Irvine, schedule to join in the next segment. Matt, you know he's not every time the Mayor's about to come on. And then they show up and they're great. They love the Petros and Money show. I'm just a little nervous they grab ass with us a little bit. I mean, this guy's watched the city council meet. This guy is straight as an arrow.
Speaker 3: I mean, this guy, when he's with us, we'll get him crooked.
Speaker 5: He's an oak. He is not going to get crooked.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're gonna catch a Kavi Yarthief is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna sit here in the corner and just pray that we don't offend the mayor too much, because I love coming into Irvine, and if it gets really bad, I'm gonna have to dive over the border to tust it like Berlin.
Speaker 4: Right in one of those roundabouts. You'll get there quickly. Traffic really moving.
Speaker 2: It's time for the top story of the day top story of it.
Speaker 4: Well, Pee, we chose a similar topic today. The Baxter bombshell that dropped yesterday of the late Laker family tumult, infighting, firings, a ten billion dollar valuation, and seven billion dollar deal split amongst six siblings is what we sort of focused on quite a bit.
Speaker 5: You should have never been born.
Speaker 4: Yes, there was that line in there about Jesse receiving a call allegedly from his sister stood out to me, and that, you know, makes sense for us. Right we're in Los Angeles. It's much more salacious. We know the buses, we know Joey, we know Jeannie, one of the great friends.
Speaker 3: Of the show, Jeanie Buzz.
Speaker 4: We watched Jesse going, you know, go from being a flat biller young scout thrust upon Mitch Kupcheck to mentor to a grown man in a flat bill hat. That did some pretty good work for the team considering where they were drafting year in and year out. But everybody else the national media decided to eshoe the Janey bus quotes from the seven thousand word piece and instead seized a pawn the on court and roster situation.
Speaker 5: Which is the most obvious part.
Speaker 3: Featuring Lebron James. I want to hear about.
Speaker 2: Mom and dad had a conversation and they said.
Speaker 3: Joe Anne and Jerry say to each other, you.
Speaker 2: Should never have been born. They were gonna have kids outside of the marriage, and that they did.
Speaker 4: We made an agreement when your old man was sleeping around, I said, you do your sowing of seeds, but don't plant those seeds anywhere and produce offspring. That's our deal. And there he did plant seeds. And now you're not supposed to be here. It's been thirty years and you should have ever been born, and instead you're walking out with a half a billion dollars.
Speaker 2: And that's not what the media talked about. The media wanted to talk about Lebron James exactly.
Speaker 4: Right, and it continues today being aw Jeanie kicked it off with the quote to another friend of the show, Sam Amock of The Athletic, saying, quote, it's really not right, given all the great things Lebron has done for the Lakers, that he had to be pulled into my family drama. To say that it wasn't appreciated is just not true and completely unfair to him.
Speaker 3: That was her quote. A right when it.
Speaker 4: Tim Bates, producer Extraordinaire, sent us a screen grab to our phones so we could share it with our listeners immediately. Nobody does breaking news like the Petro Some Money Show. It is what we excel at. So today, Pee, breaking news and big events. Yes, big events and breaking news. That's what we're known for. So because that came out in the afternoon, Look, if news never breaks when we're on the here, it's too late in the day.
Speaker 2: It typically happens in the morning. So when something like this breaks.
Speaker 5: When it does break and we're on the air.
Speaker 3: We don't care.
Speaker 5: We choose to ignore it.
Speaker 3: Exactly right, That's exactly right.
Speaker 4: But when it breaks in the afternoon, that means the next morning it has an opportunity to marinate. You need the dough, the dough rises, you have a chance to really kind of get your head around. Okay, what am I going to say because I got to address this tomorrow morning on the Talking Head Show. It's a nice looking corkfront cap you got there, Pee, you want to plug that.
Speaker 2: It was given to me by a listener his brother in law's company, excel MSc Remodeling and Construction off If.
Speaker 4: You need a remodel or if you need new construction. Those are the people to reach out to.
Speaker 5: I'd love for somebody to come to my house and do some free work.
Speaker 4: That's right, especially with this rank coming folks. You want to make sure that roof is intact, and I bet those folks could help you out. But now that they've had a chance to sit with the story overnight.
Speaker 2: It has marinated like a like a barbecue chicken.
Speaker 3: Exactly right.
Speaker 4: They wake up, they get their graphics, they get their b roll, they get Genie and Lebron talking on the sideline together.
Speaker 2: His head starts bobbling around.
Speaker 3: Exactly right now.
Speaker 4: All the pro Lebron suck ups, the boot liquors have shared all day about he saved the Lakers.
Speaker 2: They can smell it in the air like the animals smell sex in the spring.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: All the Lebron sexuals.
Speaker 4: They're like, ooh, Lebron, take let me get in on this. So I get a call from class Sparks, then thank you.
Speaker 5: Let me go out and defend the king.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: How without into the fire like cave of throne for the king.
Speaker 4: This team very well could have been the Sacramento Kings. Considering how many draft picks they missed on five straight years without a playoff appearance before his arrival after just two the previous thirty four Under the Guys the guide of Jerry Buss, Lebron landed won a title in year two, got Anthony Davis made them a playoff threat every year. Packed to the house, and this is the one that everybody wants to make sure they share. This is one of my favorite points that people can make about how important Lebron was. Lebron made sure celebrities still showed up to Staples Center court side. They still made the Lakers the celebrity event of choice, and had he not come, those celebrities might not have sat in those seats.
Speaker 5: Andy Garcia is coming either way, loser.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 4: You know why be listed best man be listed best?
Speaker 5: That's wrong.
Speaker 4: But to completely overlook, as they share, celebrities were back at Staples Center when Lebron showed up.
Speaker 5: They never left Diane Cannon's corpses there.
Speaker 4: So she's still alive. She's still alive. Prove it now. Unfortunately, Glenn Frye no longer alive. He has since passed. Norm pattis sadly you know. I do it for neweb every year. That's why I was it at the eighty wood boyd Gabe, I was at the Seahawks Panthers NFC championship, Billy.
Speaker 2: That's what I do. I take care of about Fridz.
Speaker 4: But they overlook what he does do a franchise when he shows up, the influence he exerts the moles in the media who have his best interests in mind, not the teams, not the other fourteen players, not the coach, not the front office, not the owner, not the future team, not the future draft picks. Instead, it is a constant barrage of Lebron is awesome.
Speaker 2: You all suck and you are letting him down. Lebron will be known by the trail of dad that he has left exactly right. Fired coaches, broken careers, hurt feelings.
Speaker 4: Cold feet from a general manager not wanting to pull the trigger on a trade that he thinks will improve his team's chances to win an NBA title because Lebron doesn't like it. And if Lebron doesn't like it and it backfires, you bet your sweet ash you're gonna hear about it that Lebron did not get help from the front office. They made a terrible trade when they acquired Buddy Heeled. Russell Westbrook could have most definitely helped this team out. It's exactly what they needed because he would have taken pressure off Lebron bringing the ball to the court. That's how you trade for Russell Westbrook instead of Buddy Heel.
Speaker 2: They created a false media narrative. They executed it. They tell you why it's great and it doesn't work out, and they tell you why it wasn't Lebron's fault at all, and you never heard what you heard the last time.
Speaker 4: You got coaches like Frank Vogel getting fired and coaches like Darvin Ham getting hired.
Speaker 2: I saw Frank Vogel picking out of a dumpster on my.
Speaker 3: Way home here. It was terrible.
Speaker 5: His life has been destroyed.
Speaker 2: It would have.
Speaker 4: Given him a brand new pizza, but instead he was just plucking from the dumpster behind the mock.
Speaker 2: So fucking in, emaciated, just gone. He got Frank.
Speaker 3: Vogel fired, light in his eyes out.
Speaker 4: Darvnham hired, He got Darvinham fired, and his podcast partner JJ Reddick hired. All orchestrated by a basketball player who was turning forty.
Speaker 5: That's what happened.
Speaker 4: I don't care if the number fifty five pick rarely if ever makes an impact on a team, But you draft the guy's son.
Speaker 5: Made it as circus, made us all look like idiots.
Speaker 4: You put him on the roster, you give him minutes, you start him when he is not just in the conversation, but it is universally acknowledged. He is the worst player in the NBA. He's earned it, the absolute worst.
Speaker 5: Now the Luca thing.
Speaker 4: If we are to believe Rich Paul and Lebron, they landed a player that is in the conversation, is the best in the league, the best in the NBA, to pair with Lebron, to try to win a title for him.
Speaker 3: On the way, is the mayor here? Okay? Good?
Speaker 4: As soon as he's here, you tell me, and we're cutting this thing short. I do not want to upset an eighty one year old man who's been on the Irvine City Council since nineteen seventy nine.
Speaker 5: Mayor's not here.
Speaker 4: I'm just saying, you know, there's certain guys like, hey, whatever, man, you're new. You might not be here next year. This guy's been here since nineteen seventy, like you.
Speaker 2: Would think Irvine's secret service would show up and stake to joint out like I haven't seen anybody.
Speaker 3: Maybe they're here. Maybe it's Sydney and.
Speaker 4: Luca keeping their eyes on us. The mayor's here, all right, we gotta break Look at that. How about that, mister mayor? Yeah, all right, let's break, Kates. The mayor is here, look at this. Yes, absolutely, come on in, mister mayor. We're just going to commercial right now. You're up next.
Speaker 3: Get on back here, larry A.
Speaker 2: What the blassical city of Irvine will join us here, mister mayor on the Patterson Bundy Show on a five seventy LA sport talk about your home of the Dodgers and the mayor. This is petros on Demand. Welcome back, everybody, and thank you God, bless you all. We're so happy to be back. We're so happy to be though. We're so close to Tustin. We're hanging on tightly to the great city of Irvine, California. It is the Petrosen Money show lot at the BJ's Restaurant in brew House, Matt and.
Speaker 4: It's happened Bee once again, our stupid sports show.
Speaker 2: The centerpiece of our show has a rhyme.
Speaker 4: Is able to rattle some cages and get some people to move. The people that move and make things happen around town come out to see us, to reach out to the people, to connect with their constituents, with their citizens. We don't want you air in any grievances. We just want to have a moment together. That's what we do. And it turns out we've been saying his name wrong the whole time. He was able to correct us in the break there. The Mayor of Irvine, the Great Larry Agrid is with us. Everybody.
Speaker 2: Hey, I had to do it that way. The mayor about that cornerback at North Hollywood High a man who guides the great city of Irvine into the future because the rest of Orange County depends on Irvine to be classy, that's right, and to be a great example for the rest of the towns in this wonderful county. Larry, why why have you been involved in politics for so long?
Speaker 5: Why?
Speaker 2: Decades of service to the community. What keeps you coming back?
Speaker 5: Well, I'll tell you.
Speaker 7: At the local level, it's really exciting to be able to make things happen. You know, if you go to Washington and you're a legislator there whatever to Actually.
Speaker 3: It's nothing but gridlock out there.
Speaker 7: Nothing locally. You see the good and the bad of the results of your policies, and that's very satisfying, especially if things.
Speaker 4: Go well well and things that do go well. Petros detailed this at the top of the show. You're moving around Irvine. You feel like, hey, I'm kind of moving around. You know, there's a good flow going. Share with us the vision for the roundabout as opposed to the stoplight, because we know Irvine is very proud of their roundabouts and how they keep things moving and get you places on top.
Speaker 2: You see the applause from the people that live here.
Speaker 5: You bet well.
Speaker 7: Roundabouts are actually a new addition to our continuing effort to keep traffic flowing and flowing safely. We're learning along the way, we learn from the experience of others elsewhere. And the truth of the matter is these roundabouts they are a lot less expensive than a signal controlled intersection, and they're a lot safer. They're safer because everybody's watching everybody else and they kind of slow down and once they get used to it, the performance of those intersections is much much better than signal control.
Speaker 4: Grab your phone at a signal, not grabbing your phone and looking at it and aroundabout.
Speaker 2: Keep trying to stay, you know, cognisant, trying to stay cognizant regardless. All right, everybody to celebrate our mayor here. When I say local, you say politics, local, local. There we go, Larry Agrin, the mayor of the beautiful city of Irvine right now. A man of great character, a man of great social leadership. Uh Now, Irvine very business friendly city. A lot of people do business in Irvine. This shopping center is the size, as I said, of the state of Rhode Island, A little bit bigger, a little bit bigger the marketplace. However, your agenda is to be even more business friendly, to do even more stuff when it comes to attracting business to the city of Irvine, which is already a very business friendly around here in Orange County. How does one go about doing more of that?
Speaker 7: Well, we've actually become a big city. We're about sixtieth largest city now in the United States of America's bigger than Pittsburgh, bigger than Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your stupid rivers.
Speaker 2: We got Woodbridge High that's all.
Speaker 7: We got but with that growth comes a lot of business, a lot of jobs, and a lot of need for planning for the future. And I think that's been the key to our success. That we planned from the beginning to build a city that didn't make the mistakes of other cities. Over time and inviting the business community in and creating a local permitting system that cut a lot of red tape actually helped business is to establish themselves here in Irvine. And then, of course we hold those businesses as we hold ourselves to very high standards.
Speaker 2: I want to talk about that standard because I don't know if it's because I'm I'm I'm teetering at the at the edge of fifty years old, but I have started watching a lot of city council meetings on YouTube. I don't know why I become enthralled by these meetings. And the more contentious, the better. You know, West Coast is just a mess, and Huntington Beach they're at each other's throats, even though they all share the same ideology. They're killing each other down there. I've noticed that you're meeting absolute decorum. Everybody with a real with a with a real purpose. Is that because you're the mayor and they just like a football team, they take on the personality of the head coach. Or does it have something to do with the overall vibe in the city of Irvine has been Has it always been like that? Is anybody ever throwing a shoe at you or anything like that?
Speaker 5: Pretty close?
Speaker 7: Pretty close. We've had a lot of contentious meetings, but we try and remind people, Hey, we're doing business here. Let's be respectful responsible. I like to run council meetings in a way that allows for as much public input as possible, kind of like the old town meeting. But at the same time, council members have to respect a certain decorum that allows us to do business. To get it done, people are free to come up as they do at council meetings frequently and yell at us, scream at us, say unkind things.
Speaker 2: Sure, and uh, you don't deserve it. Larry is such a nice guy.
Speaker 7: I am a nice.
Speaker 4: Guy, right, Verry, listen, I understand you don't like you know, every now and then you got to answer a tough question.
Speaker 5: So are you gonna do well?
Speaker 4: I think it's got to be asked, you know, like when you when you think about Irvine. If you're of a certain age, some of our fondest memories were spent at the great Irvine Meadows. So as a man who was the applause So I'd love to know Matt. He never got over all right, never got over it. I mean I still see Sarah McLoughlin. When I closed my eyes, I can see it. I can ask Indigo girls, Oh gosh, it was incredible. Joan Osborne was at that show from the right best show you ever saw at Irvine Meadows.
Speaker 7: I'm trying to think, uh, Anne from Heart Singer, no singer.
Speaker 2: And Annie Wilson. No, not Anne Wilson, No Seline Dion. I don't know. Did you go to Irvine Medals a lot?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: No, okay, what about Wild Rivers?
Speaker 3: Wild Rivers? Yeah about that.
Speaker 2: Wild Rivers too. We could all agree. I'm gonna do it. I didn't want to do it. We're gonna do it, but I gotta do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: At the end of last month, a terrible crime took place in Irvine. You might not. I mean, I don't know if this makes it all the way up to the Mayor's office. But a guy walked into the whole Foods over on the Irvine Center Drive. He looked unassuming. He grabbed a basket, put a couple of things in there, and then he darted over the caviar and he stole seventeen hundred dollars worth of caviar.
Speaker 3: Can you believe it?
Speaker 5: Can you give us?
Speaker 2: I mean, this is this guy remains.
Speaker 4: At large, this caviar thief, seventeen hundred bucks worth of caviar.
Speaker 2: He's making the fools of us here in Irvine. What are we gonna do?
Speaker 7: Well, that's a that's a felony.
Speaker 3: That's why we're also concerned.
Speaker 2: Look at these people there.
Speaker 7: I'm that that's a property crime. Let me just say, anybody familiar with the city of Irvin probably knows where the safest city in America right as measured by f the Eye statistics on violent crime. But I'll have to look into the caviar.
Speaker 4: That's why we wanted to bring it up when we when we mentioned the story earlier, you could see the trepidation on the faces of the people there, like, oh, we're safe.
Speaker 7: Yeah, We're still a safe city. Even if you have a harder time getting caviars cleaned down.
Speaker 2: You know nothing, And I have to say you know that that first you know, it's a slippery slope caviar theft. Next thing you know, it's like Gotham City and you need Batman, you know. So, so I'm glad that you're on top of that though. But they didn't they didn't brief you. You didn't like go before the police force and say, listen, we need this caveyard head projector or anything.
Speaker 7: No, we get, we get, we get reports of crime in the city. This one, I guess was on the radar, but it didn't shoot up to the very top.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm glad we could do that. That's what we've done.
Speaker 2: You see, the biggest city in the you know what I mean, right.
Speaker 4: Bigger than Pittsburgh, bigger than Cincinnati. I would assume your gdpre he probably surpasses like Wyoming in South Dakota, those leeches that suck off the federal government. But if I may ask, because you've been at this, you know for a while, how different you know, what year did you get in seventy nine?
Speaker 3: I believe I read? Is that right?
Speaker 7: We came here in the mid seventies and my wife was accepted to medical school. She's been a pediatric aserineurologist for more.
Speaker 2: Than fifty years taking care of kids. And these are people that are way too classy to be here, way too.
Speaker 7: Class That's what brought us to Irvine. And it was a small city. Then a number of friends said, in nineteen seventy eight, why don't you run for office? Run for council. There were a couple of vacancies on the council then, so about six of us got together, mapped out a campaign, and eight thousand dollars later that was considered big money in those days. We won that election. And I think it's fair to say I just kind of became addicted to local politics because of what you could do. You can actually improve your community. If you get elected, you get a position of authority. You begin to work with other people, and that's very, very rewarding.
Speaker 4: Now, you did scratch the presidential itch in nineteen ninety two, you did say, you know what, I see an opening.
Speaker 3: I don't like what HW did you know?
Speaker 4: Taken over for Reagan in eighty eight, and I can make a difference in this country.
Speaker 2: So how parts of light?
Speaker 3: How far did you go?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 7: Well, fun fact, I won three delegates to the Democratic National convention three delegates. I only fell about nineteen hundred short.
Speaker 2: Well still the majority. He's a start.
Speaker 7: But it was a time of real change in the country. The Cold War had ended, and my whole platform was to do what we could to declare a peace dividend, take those funds dedicated to military preparedness, investments in our cities and towns, and see if we could score a real, greatly forward. Some of it worked its way into the Democratic National Party platform, especially the healthcare provision. I was promoting national health insurance for everybody at the.
Speaker 4: Time, and that's silver tongue snake from Arkansas.
Speaker 2: Managed to steal the nomination from you. And look at now and look at us now regret it. That's right, the great Larry Agrin. When I say local, you say politics, local, local.
Speaker 3: This might this is great.
Speaker 2: With all due respect to Tony wu in West Covina, this could be the greatest mayoral interview, including Tony via Ragosa and anybody else we have.
Speaker 3: TONI came out with buzz cut.
Speaker 7: Yes, Anne Murray and Mr Meadows and Murray, that's sweet, Judy.
Speaker 2: Blue eyes, Right we go.
Speaker 7: Hey, I've got a what I got a certificate for you?
Speaker 2: What we have.
Speaker 7: I've got a certificate signed by.
Speaker 5: Me pers Atop.
Speaker 2: Our dream is coming.
Speaker 7: Thus now this is in recognition. City of Irvine recognizes the Petros and Money Show with deepest appreciation for your continued dedication to engaging and connecting the Southern California community through live remote broadcasts. Your efforts to include civic leaders and showcase local jurisdictions demonstrate exceptional community involvement and a strong commitment to fostering pride, unity, and a sense of belonging. Your work plays a vital role in strengthening the bonds within our community. Thank you for your valuable contributions to the City of Irvine and its residents.
Speaker 2: Wow, scratches my president. God, that's wonderful, mister mayor on an on this beautiful.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much.
Speaker 7: Yeah, listen, I don't beautifully. I don't want to see that auction on that No.
Speaker 2: No, it's right next to our cerritos.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: We're gonna have met a prince.
Speaker 5: Hollywood High.
Speaker 2: He carved up Canoga, he took it to Granada Hills, he kicked taft in the sack. We'll be right back with more Petros and buddy on Ami seventy l A Sports. We are your home of the Dodgers, at your home of local political celebration. God bless you all, and murray there she is.