Speaker 1: On air at AM five seventy LA Sports and I'm demand of the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 1: You are one of the kind, hosted by Petros Papaday guests left school after sixth grade. Look at him and the voice of the Bolts, Matt money Smith. The answer is on money. There is nothing you can do. You know it's coming. This is the Petros and Money Show.
Speaker 2: On the home of your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Make us your top preset on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Education is a crutch with which the foolish attack the wise to prove that they are not idiots.
Speaker 3: It's going to you, s Petrosen Money a five seventy ALA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. A flex alert. It is two o'clock on Friday because we got Dodgers Cardinals baseball at five fifteen PM from the Gallp and Ford broadcast booth. That means bonus Dodgers on deck. That'll start at four or gonna be the same at the start of next week as the Dodger start. A roadie in Saint Louis shakeoff losing two of three to the Marlins. Follow that series with the Cardinals up with one in Houston, six games, they're on the road. Pee, So we have a short two hour show today.
Speaker 2: That's right. And because it is early, and because the Dodgers have not been as well sharp as they're supposed to be or advertised to be, we are hopeful.
Speaker 3: Hopeful music at noon, hopeful music at new.
Speaker 2: Hopeful things can turn around in a city that apparently nobody wants to be in Saint Louis at another city, nobody else wants to be in Houston, but that's where the Lakers are.
Speaker 4: I wished to win it.
Speaker 2: I think it's likely. I mean, no one inn a history Matt has ever blown a three to zero series lead. As you know, you don't need me to say that.
Speaker 3: Hunter got it sixty times, one hundred sixty. This is time, one hundred sixty one.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen at some point, it's got to, right, I guess I don't know, but it hasn't so.
Speaker 3: No, But remember our Los Angeles Kings did it back in twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's happened in baseball, hockey and in hockey, yes, I do remember those sports. And in the NFL. Yeah, it was crazy when they came back from that. That was a seven game series.
Speaker 3: Nothing was crazy.
Speaker 2: Nobody ever talks about it because everybody died his time to celebrate the ocean with a Frogman Friday. Yes, even with all the sharks, the beach is a faithful lover's true. It will never aband to see and on the front Man Friday. The Petrost of Money Show celebrates the greatness of the Pacific Ocean. It's fury, it's majesty. We also celebrate those that protect us from its cold grip of death, lifeguards, the Coastguard, Harbor Patrol us mad. We also appreciate the greatness of Mike Nelson character played by the one and only Lloyd Bridges from a television show that some had forgotten, but not here on The Petterson Money Show. That show.
Speaker 4: See this time.
Speaker 5: I couldn't take Pete topside, not till a job was done. Instead, I gave him some of my hair and prayed that it would stole off the effects of oxygen poisoning for a few minutes least.
Speaker 4: I don't know how Pete managed.
Speaker 5: To keep going, but he did get every excuse in the world to quit and save his life and he stayed on a job, A lot of men.
Speaker 2: Everybody's favorite pittsburgher, Dave Dabashak. We gotta take that as to Florida.
Speaker 6: Do you know what that's like?
Speaker 2: These days?
Speaker 7: You got the FN Navy everywhere, you got frog men, you got E C two with the satellite tracking stuff, you got the f and bell of salt.
Speaker 2: Shoppers up the ass. We're losing one out of every nine loads. That's no duck walk anymore.
Speaker 7: Let me tell you, forget about money.
Speaker 2: What is success? That's reasonable? What a great delivery from Dave Damashek. What's reasonable, of course, is to move on with the show. But this is not a reasonable venue. Seal the c How would you like a thousand dollars? Listen between nine and five every weekday for your chance to win a thousand dollars every hour from am five to seventy LA Sports Bonus Box brought to you by the Dense Beard, our friend Sweet James Accident Attorney's Offices in La California in Sweet James dot com. Our schedule today is just Matt and I, except in this hour at the very end, almost ringside, not quite ringside, not.
Speaker 3: I think from the radio Row. Remember we went out of the show. Is oh, I'm sorry, Yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there, I mean, I know. It's also very ironic, Matt, because yeah, they are not quite ringside when they're actually doing their show. No, because they are from Radio Row.
Speaker 3: Radio Row. We did one Radio Row boxing broadcast two I believe, right.
Speaker 2: But we weren't on Radio Row. We were on uh no, just one.
Speaker 3: We were in the casino.
Speaker 2: We were at the Strat doing an EDG chef Tel promotion, right right, This is a whole different thing. But it's at the MGM and Colin and Sammy Long are out there and they're doing not quite Ringside is the name of their show. It's a Saturday boxing show and they're at the Big Fight in Vegas for the whole Radio.
Speaker 3: Row Golden Yeah, did we do a show from the MGM for the Ricky Hatton fight or did we're we just in the middle of them chanting there's only all Ricky Hatton or the air was.
Speaker 2: On the air. Ricky Hatton came on our show right after the one thing we went to. We never went back. Yeah, And that's the truth of it, unless I've totally blot something else out or.
Speaker 3: That may have been a good times. Yeah, I don't yeah that it was. Chef Tel was incredibly active there for a while.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he still is active, just not with our show. He doesn't sell our show at all, which is fine whatever. But those guys are out there having a great time, and we are going to They're having the time of their lives.
Speaker 3: I'm up their lives.
Speaker 2: And we are going to catch up with Colin Yee out there. What time does that show air? Ten am on Saturday.
Speaker 8: Nine am Saturday Mornings one hour. They got a jam Pack show tomorrow. They're gona talk to What time does it air if I live in Utah?
Speaker 3: Ten o'clock?
Speaker 2: Well that's what I was asking, really, so nine am on Saturday, not quite ringside from the big Golden Boy event. Colin Yee, who is like Sergio dipp having the time of his life live from Las Vegas this very hour.
Speaker 8: He may never come back, by the way, he may just stay there, get all sleeved. We'll just go.
Speaker 3: We're gonna lose Colin to the seven h two.
Speaker 2: You's got to come back all hardcore Vegas like Naked City.
Speaker 3: Maybe he'll be the voice of Bishop Gorman, you know, maybe they'll pluck him and say you're not leaving, You're our guy.
Speaker 2: Well, if it was ever gonna happen, it would be this month. Because it is no coincidence. Colin is coming on on May first, because May first marks the beginning. If you guessed it, Folks, Asian American Pacific Islander month.
Speaker 6: Black again, Indigenous people love color. Black again. Indigenous people love color. Lesbian gay by transgender queer, lesbian gay by transgender queer. Asian American Pacific Islander. There you go. Asian American Pacific carlander, Latino, Hispanic row Money and Creol, Latina, Hispanic Romaney and Creole. We all have a place in this world.
Speaker 3: Love that message.
Speaker 6: We all have a place in this world.
Speaker 2: Show a big hello to our Asian American Pacific Islander listeners.
Speaker 6: Asian American Pacific islander.
Speaker 2: We would love it like you often do, text us or even use the talkback button which is used prodigiously now by Tim Kates and Tim Conway Jr. We would encourage you to tell us what kind of Asian and Pacific islander you.
Speaker 6: Are Asian American Pacific islander, and.
Speaker 2: How you relate to other Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders. We would appreciate that as we celebrate Asian American Pacific Islander Month. I don't think anybody does a better job than us celebrating cultures here on the Petrosen Money Show, and to celebrate Asian Americans, Chinese and Japanese, and that is a pretty big chunk of Asia, Matt.
Speaker 3: Well and wrapped into one Colin Ye exactly, Japanese, one guy, one guy, Colin.
Speaker 2: Yeah. They're doing a lot of AI pictures of him in different spots. Fantastic. He really is having a grantastic They sent me a picture of him in Oscar de la Joya and he looks great. I don't think he should have a good time, Matt. I think that he should have his nose to the grindstone and be chained to that dodger board for the rest of his life.
Speaker 3: You put a ring on that guy's finger and maybe we can talk, but until then you have the time of your life out there.
Speaker 2: I think he should be chained to the dodger board like a like a slave in the boats and Spartacus.
Speaker 3: Just row who is replacing Colin Ye as the engineer for.
Speaker 2: Dodger tonight is Zach elk Oh, yeah, elk And tomorrow night is a guy from the Clippers, Daniel and this has been scheduled talk on the Petres and Money.
Speaker 3: Show, Daniel.
Speaker 2: My brother.
Speaker 3: Yes, is he older than me?
Speaker 2: I don't think he's older than you. Man, You be tough and you know what, are as old as dirt. He's gonna feel the pain.
Speaker 8: Before calling kids on later in the hour to uh to talk about boxing for Vegas. What do you think the odds are he went to dinner and went out last night with the group of our station people that are up there.
Speaker 3: Oh, one hundred percent. I mean, he ain't gonna pay for something. If someone's gonna pick a you don't tell it's gonna bring some ladies to dinner. And well, I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying, I don't know who's going to dinner. But I don't think Colin is not. I mean I texted him. He said it's only like his second time or something in Vegas and his whole life. And I don't think he's gonna be able to recognize a professional from an amateur.
Speaker 3: No, no chance, even if.
Speaker 2: Even if that amateur. You're talking about boxers, yes, American or Pacific Islanders.
Speaker 3: Yes, this young lady just followed me to the elevator. How are you, young miss? Of course, I'm talking about boxing.
Speaker 2: It's the matter with you.
Speaker 3: So are you guys going to dinner by yourselves? Yes? Would you like some company? What does that mean? Would you like some company? I think we're gonna be okay, all right, suit yourselves. I guess I'll be the only one with company tonight.
Speaker 2: Everybody toots to their own horn.
Speaker 6: Asian American Sister Carlander. Asian American Sister Carlander money the place in this world.
Speaker 3: Yeah we do, Yeah, we do.
Speaker 2: So it's a wonderful thing. Asian American Pacific Islander Month is exactly the kind of texts I was talking about. This gentleman says, I'm from Coronado Island. Does that make me a Pacific Highlander? And technically yes, yes it does, it does, sir. Yes, congratulations. We hope you have a great month. We really do. Matt. The Dodgers are in Saint Louis, one of your favorite towns. I never forgot when Mat basketball. Yeah, when Matt got the Chargers job to do play by play, which he's had I think for almost a decade. This tenth year fabulous and congratulations. But when Matt got that Chargers job, he called me and told me about it, and he said, there's one thing that really chaps my ass. And I said what he said, No more Saint Louis Cardinals football team. That's a place I want to call a game. Yeah, And I said, well, we all have a place in this world, but the Cardinal baseball team is still there. They are, and we know how much you've loved to celebrate them over the years as the Dodgers travel or play other teams. I mean, the Marlin song this week from Scott's staff really took on a life of its own. Sadly, well, I wouldn't lie. I would be lying if I didn't say that I've been unhappy about I've been unhappy about how often I've been thinking about it off air, which isn't I don't think it's good for any of us. But at the same time, the Scott staff song was very popular this week. People called about it, people talked about it, people texted about it, people talked back about it. It's a famous baseball song that is terrible but also quite catchy. And I looked to see if there's any Saint Louis Cardinals songs. There's gotta be right, there's a whole bunch, but they're like parodies. Do you know what I mean? Yea nobody Originalez like Ace Diamond talking about the Colorado Rockies, or be a believer in Brewers Fever and feel the excitement of the Big Omran or even the Blue Jays song. I mean they're more. I mean they have uh what is this one? A black eyed peas one? Here play?
Speaker 3: I got you?
Speaker 2: They have like Lord I was born a Cordles man. It's a feeling that the cards are Gonno and tomb Night the cards and then they just start shouting out like who's ever on the team?
Speaker 3: Man, No, we don't want that. Well, let's we need original, we need original.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean.
Speaker 7: And tomb Night, that the Cordsucksburg and tomb Nights, that the cards are Gonno and.
Speaker 9: To turn nights too nice some time.
Speaker 10: Let's get it tongue with pools back begun.
Speaker 2: Come body, sep Old Mac, I'm like tag.
Speaker 10: So's free, Nay Bryant, Okay, you play bad?
Speaker 11: The fad Less play ball wait right, the co the Phone and the Restless than Luca.
Speaker 10: Hi tack Ball Choker, Stump Cloth and the Room Bred top song, Skip shoot Paco and kill free cod close Monday ball, this birs game.
Speaker 2: We let's dude and dude. That's pretty bad. That was pretty bad.
Speaker 3: I'm just that was terrible. I'm scrolling through fan Saint Louis right now, uh and here's play.
Speaker 2: Here's another one do here's another I think wait, wait, wait wait, I think this is an original. I think this is original.
Speaker 3: I've never heard this before. Yeah, Sway.
Speaker 9: Cordon Steve say, stand up, th stuff cut, stuff cuts, skip stop stuff cord and stuff cut and stuff cuts, go Scar.
Speaker 2: A song called go carn I just coke cotton, stuff cuts, st.
Speaker 9: C stuff cun okay around red shirt, red bottoms, red Earth ding.
Speaker 3: Say, Louis Corton nose.
Speaker 2: Can we better it?
Speaker 6: Earth? What's it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? We're better than you?
Speaker 3: Forget six champions?
Speaker 2: What's your CHAMPIONE champion?
Speaker 5: Joe?
Speaker 7: What do you?
Speaker 2: You can't see Saint Louis cut and Louise win and lose? We can't shoot now? Tis with down, gave up with nom not shoot God bless job. That's bad too. I'm sorry. There's a Wayne Right song called There's a Wayne Right called Saint Louis time to fly that one. But it's all pretty bad, Like I can, I can tell why people don't want.
Speaker 3: To be well, and they're almost said, yes, words, they're a crappy team right now, like they're they've been in last page.
Speaker 2: But you can't get that lose okay, yeah, tied it up.
Speaker 3: So I think I think that may be a problem as well.
Speaker 2: Now there is something they do that's cool. They at the stadium. I did learn that they run the clydes Dale yet right, and then at the seventh inning stretch they played this song when the Clydesdales come out, and this is the march of the that they play in St. Louis. It's a jaunty tune. Makes you feel kind of Middle American, like you're at a carnival.
Speaker 3: Now that we can get in behood, right, I mean, yes, this, we can get behind with the Clydesdales. That's a special moment to experience out there at the back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, turn this now, this you know this is great. Dedicate this to our Asian American friends right up there Alley and the Pacific Islanders. I mean, I don't want to just defecate on a Matt and they have some class. You know, it's an old city. They got the arch. That's a good tune. But you know what, man, I feel like I'd be cheating you. I feel like I'd be really cheating you out of the full listening gambit, out of the full listening experience, out of the full Maxwell experience or Max l you know, with the guy blowing his just die right off while he's sitting in front of the thing. If I didn't play the Waynwright.
Speaker 3: Song another first pitch strike from Adam Wayne Wright. His next he good breaking ball as he's hit her, singing for the first time, it's over two.
Speaker 12: I've been knocked down, but I always got back. Uh by keep song burning time down in Marca. I still want to. I tried to always be your Yeah, I duved.
Speaker 2: He never quit, but you Cane, I run the clock. It's time too fly.
Speaker 7: Time to head back home.
Speaker 13: I have to.
Speaker 2: I won't never be gone. I did what I came here to do. I love being here with you, but I'm knowing my heart that it's time time to fly.
Speaker 1: Wow. Breaking ball struck him around in the cart knows every one time, so it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've been there, man, that Adam saying.
Speaker 12: The good and through the bad.
Speaker 3: Better to be up when I was dead considerably.
Speaker 12: So do you what if I had so many memory kind that cats likes the sun together that week?
Speaker 2: I mean, I can see this.
Speaker 3: I can see the hates being like, you know, every gonna go ahead and hurt that and saying, other.
Speaker 2: Than the fact that he's holding up a lighter for the first time, his talent for.
Speaker 13: I was.
Speaker 2: I might have to do. I did what I call.
Speaker 3: Right, have set the old time record.
Speaker 2: I don't know where time to fly. I'm a bartender in Island's restaurant in Torrance. I know that makes me an islander, but sure that makes me a Pacific islander.
Speaker 6: We American Carland.
Speaker 2: I can tell you, sir, that Torrance has a beach, and that beach butts right up to the Pacific.
Speaker 6: Americans Carlander or just Papa Pacifical, and you're a Pacifical Well, I mean.
Speaker 2: I don't know, if I don't know, if you can check that box. We'll be back with mar Patrick, somebody will do a top story of the day, and then we'll we'll talk to Asian American Pacific islander Colin Yee live from Las Vegas, the co host of the Not Quite Ringside radio show and podcast, which starts at nine am every Saturday. For you combat sports types, for you baseball types. We got Dodger Baseball tonight in Saint Louis, a classy place with terrible taste in music. This is Petrosen Money on demand demand. It's prog Man Friday on the Petrosen Money Show. You can podcast our show on the iHeartRadio app or stream it live there as well. Colin Yee will join us from Las Vegas big boxing event coming up this weekend.
Speaker 3: He is there versus Zurdo and Ye, it's all over. Who could forget that one man? It's all anyone's talking about Bee.
Speaker 2: We're on till four and then we'll have Dodgers at Cardinals, which we were talking about a little bit in the very last segment. And there is an opportunity to see one of our favorite Dodgers, the great Alex Vessia as they're not Kates.
Speaker 8: Yeah, next Thursday, great opportunity to meet Alex Vesia from four to five at Downy Hunday located at seven five five zero Firestone Boulevard right there in the city of Downey. Go on out meet alex See. Hello to David Vase. He'll be out there as well for a special broadcast. They got prizes on site, so much more Downy Hunday. It's all about the experience. Details on an FI seventy LA sports dot com and all the AMFI seventy LA sports social media platforms.
Speaker 2: All right, it's time for the top story of the day.
Speaker 3: I believe indeed it is. See here's.
Speaker 2: About it.
Speaker 11: Up.
Speaker 3: We talked about history yesterday and again we'll reiterate because we are on the flex alert. It is hopeful music. So let's share with some bilts that might have not been here yesterday. A quick refresher. Game six tonight, Lakers Rockets. Only four teams in NBA history have pushed a three zero deficit to a game seven. The four fifty one Nicks, ninety four Nuggets, two thousand and three Blazers, twenty twenty three Celtics. All four lost game seven. So to paint a picture of demise for the Lakers would be, according to history, egregiously inaccurate, as a team has never before coughed up a three zero lead. The Rockets will try to become the fifth in just one, just the fifth, and one hundred and sixty one tries to even push it to a game seven. I do want to before we get to the matchup, and some things to keep an eye on as we break down the round ball, because there are so many boot licking Lebronites who perpetually pepper us with his playoff accomplishments. Perhaps they are not sharing these, or perhaps they are. I would guess they're not. After losing Game five, Lebron for the first time ever, lost back to back close out games. It was twenty years ago that he last lost back to back close out games, so it's been twenty years. It has happened before, but it was twenty years ago. Now, that is what's already happened. They lost Game four. They lost Game five, something Lebron James has not experienced in two decades. Every other time his team has had a three zero lead in a playoff series, they have either swept or at worst executed the gentleman's sweep Lebron.
Speaker 2: Which we had never heard of before the Lakers.
Speaker 3: Yes, Lebron a couple of years ago one and fifteen in closeout games. Now he was forty one and thirteen now forty one and fifteen, and the man averages a triple double in those close out games, a twenty seven point triple double. No less well, that sure azelle has not been the case in games four and five for the Lakers Wednesday, he did have twenty five points, but he only had three rebounds and seven assists. And in the game four loss on twenty two percent shooting, Lebron had but ten points, four rebounds, and nine assist He is in a funk. The team is in a funk, and Lebron could be headed for his ninth career game seven. Now Lebron has played well in game sevens. He has got a six and two record. It would be in La. Remember they're playing in Houston tonight. Game seven Sunday would be in La.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: You get lou Adlers.
Speaker 3: That's right in their outfits with their headbands. He has not lost a game seven since two thousand and eight. Lebron six and zero in game seven since twenty twelve. He won a game seven in the Semis, three in the Eastern Conference Finals, and two that led his team to championships. One with the Heat in twenty thirteen over the Spurs and another with the Cavs in twenty sixteen, coming from that three to one deficit against the Warriors. The last time he lost a Game seven he was just twenty three years old, and that was to the veteran leaden defending NBA champion Boston Celtics that the Lakers would knock off in the NBA Finals. Now, actually no, they would lose to those Celtics, so they weren't the defending champs. They lost in eight, beat the Magic in nine, and then beat the Celtics in ten. There would go, get that right. In those game sevens, Lebron James averaged thirty five points, ten rebounds, and six assists. He is going to avoid threatening his game seven six game win streak. He will have to find his way out of this funk.
Speaker 2: And you know he's running on empty like Jackson Brown right running out.
Speaker 3: He has missed his last twelve three point shots. The last one he made was that clutch right wing three that tied the game in Game three, put the contest into overtime, which gave the Lakers a three zero series lead, and they are lucky to not be down three to two right now. He has missed each of his twelve attempts since zero for nine from beyond the arc in his last two games, both Laker losses. He's got ten turnovers in these two losses, and he is shooting but eleven for twenty nine from the field. That is a thirty eight percent clip. Was Lebron James always tell us as the leader this team, Yeah, you know, Leater, this team. If you want to remind everyone you're the leader of this team and your postgame pressers, well, the team's taking a cue from you. They have not hit the century mark in their last two, meaning Lawler's Law could not be enacted. They have scored but ninety six and ninety three in the losses. The Houston defense it's been better. I think they are not letting Luke Canard or Marcus Smart get off open looks from beyond the arc. They've disappeared from twenty seven to twenty four in the first two to zero, i should say, one point zero field goals in the last one. The Rockets defense has ended Cannar's impact and they are forcing turnovers. In game five, Smart Canard, Austin Reeves and his return, and Lebron James went five for twenty three from Beyond the Arc. They have not connected the Lakers on double digit threes in either of the losses. And in twenty twenty six, you want to win a playoff, gonna have to hit double digit threes. They only hit seven in Game five fourteen for the Rockets in that Game five. They only hit five in Game four twelve for the Rockets. Now, some of that pee could sound like I'm, perhaps, you know, giving the Lakers a little pep talk if they're listening on the iHeartRadio app the five seven y LA Sports Tile, because they can do that there in Houston. It's free. You can listen to this show anywhere in the world.
Speaker 2: If you're figuring the numbers that way, Matt, there's a lot of number figuring there right.
Speaker 3: Sounds like maybe I'm painting a positive picture. Lebron has never lost to Game seven since he was twenty three years old. He's six and zero since. Lebron making history right now, losing them two close out games back to back. Never done that before. But maybe I'm just taking my cue from a certain someone that decided to drop his toe on the podcast game Rich Paul, his agent, Yeah, when was the last podcast. He dropped, well, I don't have the pod. I wish I had the audio. P Yeah, he does it with Max. I think they call it mad Max and Dickey. This is what Dick had to say, and it truly is one of the dumbest things I've ever read. Yeah, Rich Paul, you know rich Richard Dick. He was asked if Lebron is on the wrong side of NBA history, if in fact, the Rockets win four in a row to knock the Lakers out of the playoffs, does it affect his legacy? Rich Paul said, quote, it doesn't affect it. Lebron's legacy is etched in stone since twenty sixteen for people with common sense. Now, twenty sixteen was the three to one deficit to the Warriors. Yes, yeah, in the NBA Finals. So apparently coming back from a three to one hole when the team lost like half of their starters and Draymond got kicked out for punching that dude in the balls, Like, that's legacy worthy coming back from that deficit. So again, Lebron's legacy is et stin stone since twenty sixteen for people with common sense. If they do lose, all the people on the talk shows will have the conversation and put it in a negative light. I see a lot of guys on shows who talk. I want to come up with a rule. If you weren't better than the player you talking about, you shouldn't be able to talk about them. Okay, that'd eliminate ninety nine point nine percent of the ex players that talk about it.
Speaker 2: I mean it's it's marginally more intelligent than Shiloh Sanders' arguments.
Speaker 3: I think it's worse. I do think it's worse. Hey, Dick, I don't know if you're aware, but Lebron. In the world of the media, this is how it works. You try to get people to watch or to listen to the content that you're pushing. And if Richard Jefferson or Tim Legler or Carmelo Anthony or Dwayne Wade or whomever that may be can't talk about Lebron James when perhaps the Rockets are on the precipice of making NBA history, probably not as many people gonna want to watch the talk. That's the business they're in. So I don't know if he meant to say you can't say bad things about him that you can only shower praise upon him. You can't be critical if Lebron was better.
Speaker 2: That basically seems like that's what they want.
Speaker 3: It's kind of what I was right, kind of feels like that's what he's getting at.
Speaker 2: Like you're not allowed to say anything bad because since twenty sixteen, he has immune to your he's.
Speaker 3: Immune to your criticism after he brought the calves.
Speaker 2: Back diplomatic community.
Speaker 3: Yes, the Cougarans have been paid and you s are of diplomatic community. It does seem odd that a guy that's never played NBA basketball would be telling players that have played NBA basketball who and what they can and can't talk about. I can sit here and talk about his legacy, like I just said, quote, Lebron's legacy is etched in stone since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Did he or did he not tell somebody to make him a sandwich though, like Shiloh.
Speaker 3: Right, Mary, go make me a sandwich, preferably roast beef with salt and pepper. Jack on Rye appreciate you being in the podcast game there, Dick. But again, they're gonna talk about him because they have to talk about him because a lot of people are probably interesting and whether or not They're going to cough this thing up and make history and see Lebron end up on the wrong side of it, just like the Warriors were in twenty sixteen. But again, the numbers are on Lebron's side. He has proven to be an effective player when the moment demands it. Six and zero in game sevens since twenty twelve. Pretty impressive. But again, he has already made history his own personal history by losing back to back closeout games in games four and five, something he's never done. So not sure what direction it's going to go. No, Kevin Durant, Austin Reeves will play, but our eyes are on that number twenty three. I hope Michael Jordan's proud.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 3: And that's all I have to say about that. Per Dick Paul, you.
Speaker 2: Don't want to have more? Well, yeah, because you're not as I mean.
Speaker 3: No, certainly not in that converse.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I am not an ex player, so maybe it doesn't apply to me. Maybe I could talk all the yes I want.
Speaker 2: I don't think you can. I think they'd prefer it if you don't say anything. Probably, what time's a game tonight? Six thirty?
Speaker 3: I think Prime video? So enjoy that audio lag Oh jeez, May and Buffer with eight seconds left in a one point affair in Austin Reeves, pulling up for a three and for the game.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back with callin Ye live from Las Vegas. Not Quite Ringside on Saturdays at nine am was Semi.
Speaker 1: Long Southern California's most listened to sports talk show.
Speaker 2: This money on demand.
Speaker 3: Reminder you can win ten grand every hour between nine and five every weekday here on AM five seventy LA Sports Bonus Box, brought to you by Sweet James Accident Attorney's Offices in LA and all that information available at Sweet anstuckom.
Speaker 2: And joining us right now live from Las Vegas. Now that the co host of the Not Quite Ringside Combat sports show proudly featured on the weekends at nine am on AM five seventy Colin Yee and Sammy Long covering the Big Golden Boy event is a great young broadcaster man who holds it down for us every day here on AM five seventy LA Sports and always doing bigger and bigger things on your Southern California Toyota Dealers Celebrity Hotline. It is the great Colin Yee Colin, how are you?
Speaker 13: Petros Matt Oh, my goodness. It's great to be on and this event has been phenomenal Here Golden Promotion, PBC pay per View, David el Monstro, Benavitez and Gilberto Zurdo Amidez live at the T Mobile Arena, pay per View, Amazon Prime de Zone. Don't miss it. But Petro's brilliant. Just enjoying my time here at the MGM. Grand They've been a wonderful host here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the MGM is a heck of a place and really nice and very large, and they have everything you could ever need. It truly is a city within the great city of Las Vegas. But Colin, I'm curious, is this the very first time you've ever been on our show as like a guest, like with an intro and the Toyota Celebrity Hotline and all of that. Is this the very first time?
Speaker 4: This is the first time?
Speaker 13: You know, usually I jump on help fill in for Tim Kaits of course my intern days when I used to give a little ich or a knee for lessons learned.
Speaker 4: Other than that, I've never been guessed.
Speaker 3: Is this is this your first time on the road as a professional? Now I know you were a host out in Oklahoma for a little while. You obviously do play by play, that's different, but as like a host slash analyst is is this your first ever professional event you're being paid to cover?
Speaker 13: Yes, yes, I would say the only thing that possibly came close to it and Oklahoma was we did the Texas State Championships at.
Speaker 4: Eight NC Jerry's World.
Speaker 13: That was the only thing where you get put up in a hotel and you know, the.
Speaker 4: Station paid for everything.
Speaker 13: But this is this is the best radio event I've ever been to. Radio Row is amazing. We've talked to about six or seven fighters today. I got to talk to Keishawn Davis, the former lightweight champion of the world with an Olympic medalist and.
Speaker 4: Is moving on to bigger and better things.
Speaker 13: I've had a great conversation with David ben Videz yesterday who's a champion and challenging for this cruiserweight unified title tomorrow evening and then today and we did I did a little name drop. We did talk to the Golden Boy, Oscar de la Hoya, and we name dropped Petros some money.
Speaker 2: How did that go?
Speaker 13: Well, you don't know. He was very kind now, did you remember you? I don't know, don't you know if you remember, but I think he did smile and say, oh yeah, yeah. I loved it to come back on. So I almost wanted to say, every day when I'm in the station in the hall, I walk by your picture, right, you know it's Oscar and Abner Marries and Vic and then Petro's money.
Speaker 2: You're the only person on Earthlin that could identify that fighter like that picture.
Speaker 3: And that's why you're the host of Almost Rings.
Speaker 4: Here this week.
Speaker 13: He's here this weekend. It's been a phenomenal weekend. I oh, by the way, guys, you're gonna love this. I missed the weighing.
Speaker 3: Oh no, what happened?
Speaker 13: So I was out. We were doing our interviews in the interview room, and Chatty went on and did his show, and we're just kind of hanging out and I was saying, gosh, it's getting kind of empty here. And then we were able to interview the Keishan Davis, which was wonderful, but I was thinking, gosh, we really got an exclusive.
Speaker 4: It's just me and Jammy and.
Speaker 13: We're hanging out, and then next thing you know, everyone's piling out of the ballroom, and I missed the whole thing.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, it's your first one, Colin. You know, it's a story. It's a story you'll always remember, and you know, onward and upward, moving forward, you remember not to at least you weren'tetting a haircut or playing roulette.
Speaker 2: They flew me out for the way in. Well, yeah, that I'm interested in that, Matt. You asked about the playing roulette. The one great thing about going to Vegas with Colin and covering an event at the MGM is you could probably, you know, get extra drink tickets from Colin. How's that going out there, Colin in Sin City?
Speaker 13: Yeah, you know, I'm as you know me, Petros, I'm a man of faith. Jesus Christ is my Lord and savior. That's my identity. And not to say that there's anything wrong.
Speaker 3: With drinking or he liked gambling. He might like black you know, you know, but.
Speaker 13: I am I do like to stay away from the vices. And so yeah, I've not not had any alcohol.
Speaker 2: You know, I light on your toes out there.
Speaker 13: You better be, you gotta be, and especially with me, you know, I have had a beer once in a while or a whiskey, and I usually go straight to sleep, So if I did take anything, I wouldn't be on review ro.
Speaker 4: I'd just be knocked out in my hotel.
Speaker 2: You know that happened to Matt and I. Matt and I once went day drinking and fell asleep during Dee Hit the fight during an Oscar Day La Hoya Floyd Mayweather fight.
Speaker 3: A true story. Actually fell asleep in the middle of the fight.
Speaker 2: And they never asked us to cover, like two drug addicts, you know, like this is a bad look from Petros and Money.
Speaker 3: They are a sleep last fight we were ever asked to cover.
Speaker 13: Well, I'm hanging out with a huge friend of the show, Steve Pratt, who's been wonderful this entire weekend.
Speaker 4: And then he loves you both and.
Speaker 13: He's taking care of me, so he does remember the glory days of those days when you were out there with with Oscar and Floyd.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Matt, is this a Mexican fight, like a big Mexican fight.
Speaker 13: Yeah, this is Sinkle de Mile weekend. And when you think of Sinkle Demle Weekend, it's like the okay you can think of that Oscar did say something Cinco Drinco or something like Tinko de Drinko. But what I think about is is Mexican boxing. The it's kind of like the super Bowl of boxing. When you think about this weekend, the legends that fought in this weekend, Julio says a chafez Oscar de la Hoya Many Pacio made many great fights on this weekend, and so when you think about it on the boxing calendar.
Speaker 4: You circle it.
Speaker 13: And what we have here with David Benavidez and Zerdo Ramirez, you have two Mexican warriors, both who started at a lower waight. I mean Benavidez started at one sixty eight, Zerdo Ramire started at one sixty at one time, and they've.
Speaker 4: Climbed up the weight classes.
Speaker 13: David ben Videz el Monstro, one of the pound for pound top fighters in the world. He's looking to become the first fighter to win a championship title, championship belt at one sixty eight, one seventy five and now at cruiserweight, which is two hundred pounds, and it's just incredible what he's been able to do over the course of his career. And he's getting in there with a really good fighter. I would say one of the best again in the world at cruiserweight gilbertsos Zerdo Ramirez who holds the unified titles, and they're fighting for a couple of beltziers. So it's going to be a Mexican War Saturday evening, Amazon Prime, PBC pay per view. If you have dazone, you can watch that there. So yeah, I'm gonna be Sammy and I are so excited for this fight because we're gonna be the live flesh.
Speaker 3: Now, Colin, before we let you go, what's most important to the folks listening that may not be able to make it out live in the flesh to see this as you described it in Mexican War, but they may want to place a little bit of scratch on it. Is what is Zordo?
Speaker 2: The favorite?
Speaker 4: Is?
Speaker 3: Benavide is the favorite? Like what are we doing? Where can we get the value? How do we bet this?
Speaker 13: Benevitez is a four to one favorite right now, and you know, if again, I'm not a betting man, but if you were, if I were, I believe he's just a.
Speaker 4: Level above Zudo Ramirez. Again, one of the top fighters in the world. But it speaks to the greatness of a Monstro, how.
Speaker 13: Quick his hands are, the power that he carries, the combination punches that he throws. He's just that special. And really this fight it's a coronation. I believe it's going to carry him into becoming one of the faces of boxing.
Speaker 4: We had Canelo, who was one of the big faces of boxing for so long on.
Speaker 13: David Benavitez is going to take that mantle set come Saturday night after a big win against erd Ol Ramirez and Colin Geeze.
Speaker 2: Very first question to Benavitez right after the fight is going to be Laino.
Speaker 13: Yes, I've been thinking about that drop all weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of Latinos. It's Singo tomorrow, Singo to Drinko Latino with the Golden Boy, Oscar de la Hoya, Colin Yee, Sammy Long. Nine am tomorrow, So you guys will do the show, play a lot of your interviews, put the rest up on the podcast, I guess, and then head to the fight.
Speaker 7: Huh.
Speaker 4: That's right, tomorrow morning, nine to ten. Not quite ring side.
Speaker 13: We'll share some of the interview with David Benavitez with Oscar de la Joya and some of our other interviews as well. Nine to ten tomorrow in the morning here on AM five to seventy ice sports.
Speaker 2: This rumorally emptied out. I wonder where everybody was almost it was my first.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're the best calling one of these wrap sandwiches. Nobody's over there table, Get me.
Speaker 2: Some food that looks like I got an exclusive.
Speaker 3: Idiots, all this food is sitting here.
Speaker 2: The great calling you ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Do you guys want to go to the way And actually we're going. We got an invite to the adults only pool at the Mirage, so that's where we're going.
Speaker 2: I believe we uh we spent spent some time there.
Speaker 3: Yes, hey, guys, I got everybody, uh mint julips who want to say we would have had a better time if Matt didn't lose an eye and one of those real pointing nipples. I bought everybody mint julips. Well, Petros, I guess it's just you and me drinking these eight julips. Let's see how this goes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've made better choices in the past, yes we have, and in the future from them, well like that night. You know what, I don't like the way this is shaken out. I think we should leave before this gets even more unruly. Cooler heads prevailed, just like at the Shamanada Village Christian Lacrosse playoff game. We'll be back with more petrols and money. We're a number song next