Speaker 1: On this fifth anniversary of January sixth, twenty twenty one, when thousands of Americans were incarcerated, pursued, persecuted for merely doing what the Constitution says they have a right to do, assemble and redress their grievances with the government. We have Navy veteran, retired Navy Lieutenant commander. Let me set the record straight on that Tom Caldwell, who is a j six defendant as well, who has come out on the other side, but not with bitterness, not with petty anger, but a message about faith and how it got him through the entire experience federal detention, ten week trial, facing possibly life and presen for simply being at the Capitol on January sixth. And he has written an incredible book called The Mouths of the Wicked, a true January sixth story of corruption, persecution, survival, and victory. And he has a message of things that we all need to be mindful of as American citizens, about possibly what could happen to us if the Strategic Implementation Plan for countering domestic terrorism is weaponized again the way it was against those January sixth defendants. And he joins us now, Tom it's such a pleasure to have you. It's such a pleasure to know that you have gotten through this not only with flying colors, but as a beacon of light to other people in other struggles they may be having with your book about your faith. And I also, you know, it kind of reminded me as I was thinking about this interview Tom. Not to place any kind of correlation there, but I think there's some similarities how the Apostle Paul was put in prison for merely preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the letters that he wrote while he was being persecuted became the basis for a great deal of our New Testament in our Christian Bible, with the letters to these churches about perseverance and maintaining faith and believing that God is in control. But it's great to have you, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for having me back here. It's always a pleasure to speak with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So what about my analogy about the Apostle Paul.
Speaker 4: Well, that's pretty heavy and it's very humbling.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, you know, I spoke to you about this book and how I began writing it with the notes that I had smuggled out of prison to my darling share, and she kept them, thinking those would be the last communications she'd ever gotten from her husband. But I wrote this thing not in the warm afterglow of the victory provided by the Lord, ultimate victory, but as I went through it, and it was it was an awful thing. I wrote this to serve as a witness to the hoax, the dangerous lawlessness, the corrupt time of our nation that we refer to as the Biden administration, but also to witness to the grace and the redemptive power of a loving God. And as I participated in my Bible study.
Speaker 4: Every day with my darling wife.
Speaker 2: The lessons of the Bible really rang through because I could identify just as you talked about, I could identify with how Paul was was just attacked and brutalized in so many ways, his freedom taken away from him, and so many other heroes of the Bible had to go through a lot of stuff. And I certainly didn't think at that time that I was doing anything heroic. I was only trying to survive. But one of the great things that I learned is that the Lord is in control. Sharon and I, my lovely wife, had to stay in faith and maintain hope and do what the Bible said, which is was pray. And you know it's just in Philippians. It's okay to present your request to God, but with thanksgiving. How about thanking him first, you know, for the effort, if you know what I mean about this, for the effort, and then present your request, and the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guards your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. I never knew what that meant before until I was in this in this swamp created muckile.
Speaker 4: That was January sixth.
Speaker 1: You didn't know, but God knew that was the important thing. So let's go back to what brought you to the detention and what exactly did Tom Caldwell do? What heinous crime did you commit that had the full weight of the prosecution of the federal government coming down upon your head.
Speaker 2: I went with my wife on j six to Washington, DC, the city of my birth, to hear the outgoing President Trump makes his last statements to a huge, loving, appreciative crowd. It was a carnival happy type of atmosphere. And then I made the mistake of trekking down Constitution Avenue, which is my right to do, and sitting off the grounds of the Capitol of a place called the Peace Fountain, waiting for other conservative and Christian speakers who were scheduled to speak.
Speaker 4: On the ground was that day.
Speaker 2: And when I got home that night and saw the images that were on TV of the violence and this that I had no idea what happened.
Speaker 4: I mean, I was there, I didn't see any of that stuff.
Speaker 2: And so because I had actually met a member of one of the targeted groups selected for persecution by the DOJ cabal, that was the Oath Keepers, because I actually knew a couple of their members, and one of them actually had my phone number in her phone under my rank veterans do this that I held on active duty as Commander Tom when she was arrested and her phone received within two hours, the FBI had an arrest warrant for me as the commander of the Oath Keepers and the commander of the attack on the Capitol.
Speaker 4: And that you can't even make that out. This is the new FBI.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean talk about a lack of the intelligence just generally on the part of the Federal Bureau of Investigation that just because of the phone they see, Commander called without doing any more digging into who you were really, and they just came and scooped up. That's just what I mean. What a bunch of fumbling, bumbling idiots.
Speaker 2: We could call them cheestone cops, except that generates an image that's comedic, right, this is one that should be frightening. When they have descended with SWAT team here at our home.
Speaker 4: They had no idea.
Speaker 2: They didn't know I was a veteran, and they didn't know I was a disabled veteran. They didn't even know. In fact, they claimed in the press for months that I lied. They didn't even know that I used to work for the FBI. I was a GS thirteen supervisory employee of the FBI. Yes, indeed, because I wanted to give back to my country. Talk about doing no investigation, how about just check the employee files of the Bureau, won't you no doubt?
Speaker 1: All because you happened to know an oathkeeper and because you went and watched President Trump's speech, wasn't there a comment? And I believe in our last interview you told me that one of the interrogators said, I bet you're Are you still glad that you supported President Trump or something to that effect.
Speaker 4: Sure, absolutely right.
Speaker 2: They had a list talking about the FBI people that interrogated me while I was in chage here at my home. They were after something and they wanted me to provide testimony against certain people, including the oathkeepers, people that I didn't even know. But that was the most heinous thing where this was clearly an anti Trump operation. We talk about it now as this was trying to make sure that President Trump could never.
Speaker 4: Get back and off. And I felt like a speed bump.
Speaker 2: And they said, exactly what you said, bet your star you voted for Trump?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 2: Bet you want to get rid of that naggi gear. Now not let us stoop that up as evidence.
Speaker 6: Huh.
Speaker 4: And I said, what is wrong with you? You know that's my I was.
Speaker 2: I was when I was aroused it out after having only a couple of hours of sleep. I was not that pleasant, although I was nicer to them than they deserve. But you probably have to when you look at the transcript of what I said, and I have it, and some of it is in.
Speaker 4: This book that I wrote.
Speaker 2: You say, Okay, so now I have an idea of why that thing is is it has a little little marks like the emperors and and all this kind of stuff. Because I was I was given it back to him.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, Tom, what is this Strategic Implementation Plan for Countering Domestic terrorism?
Speaker 3: And why should more Americans know about it than do.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 2: It was something that was declassified by Tulca Gabbert, the Director of National Intelligence, and it was a policy that was put in place. And I would point out that the counter state and a counter state is a term that I use for an organization loose or established that is going against or counter to our constitution, and the counter the counter state is bipartisan.
Speaker 4: Both sides of the aisle.
Speaker 2: So there was a thing that was corrected called this Strategic Implementation Plan for Countering Domestic Terrorism.
Speaker 4: It was activated across all agencies.
Speaker 2: It was actually put in place just before January sixth, and it established the Biden administration policy for the arrest, the pre trial, imprisonment, and the prosecution on the whimsiest of pretenses of people that were considered to be basically enemies of the state. That includes parents who pitched the fuss at school board meetings, believer in free speech, Catholics and other Christians, pro lifers, people that didn't want to take the COVID jeb These people were seen as as troublemakers.
Speaker 4: And this was in this study. What should chill people to the bone is this is the first time in.
Speaker 2: The history of the United States of America that our government targeted US citizens as opposed to foreign people trying to overthrow the government, as violent domestic terrorists. They turned their attention on we the people.
Speaker 3: So what exactly was it?
Speaker 1: And as you outline in the book, by the way, again we're talking to Tom Caldwell January sixth, defendant. The book is The Mouths of the Wicked, a true January sixth story of corruption, persecution, survival, and victory. Let's talk about survival and what the victory is, because you know, I think that's a big thing that you're trying to get across with the tome, Tom.
Speaker 2: They threw every dirty trick they possibly could at us. So many different agencies and administrations within the federal government brought their powers to bear on me and I believe so many hundreds of others of our citizens to do things that were unlawful, made phone calls to get our credit cards canceled, they got us debanked, They stopped my Social Security which was illegal, and my military disability payments. So all of these things that they did to drive us down and to try to get me to admit to things that I did not do. Now, to do something like that is an affront to plead for mercy from the mercilessness one thing. But when you take a plee to you, you swear before God the things that you are a are the truth? Now, how can I do that? And I wasn't about to roll over, And yet the pressure kept coming. And even though, as an outline in the book, we beat so many of these charges in federal court, in the kangaroo court where there was no chance to win, the Lord provided these victories, and I could hardly believe it. And they kept coming after us even after that are putting.
Speaker 1: I mean, Tom, Tom, your phone went kind of wonky just for a moment.
Speaker 3: So okay, there you go. You're back again. So your in federal court just continue where you were when I.
Speaker 4: So we had so many victories in federal court.
Speaker 2: There were five felonies that I was taken to trial on all of them were nonsensical, but three of them we beat outright, We've defined the odds. The doj had been sixty five and oh prior to trying me.
Speaker 4: For these charges.
Speaker 2: These made up charges, and the Lord provided victories there and victories afterwards.
Speaker 4: Had the Supreme Court.
Speaker 2: Weighed in and throughout one of these things that I was charged with. So there were so many things that sustained us along the way that we could see were actually a manifestation of the promises that the Lord makes to his children who accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and savior. People who are not believers can't really wrap their heads around this, but I hope that they if they have the commitment and the courage to read something, to get out of their comfort zone and read a book like this, I hope that I have made a pretty compelling taste about the redemptive power of God. Our Lord and Savior married us, and I'll be glad to speak to anybody about him, because I have met him personally.
Speaker 3: It's amazing. What were some of the charges, I'm just curious.
Speaker 2: Well, one the biggest one was seditious conspiracy, and sedition means overthrowing the government. This was the same kind of charge that Abraham Lincoln brought against his political enemies to wrap people up because he thought there were Southern sympathizers. And there were a couple of other conspiracy charges again to stop Congress from doing their thing, to attack Congress physically. All of those things I was found not guilty of, and so I was found guilty. And we thought that a jury trial in DC would result in everybody being found guilty of something, but here it is. The other one was called obstruction of Congress, and it was actually a misapplied statue from the Enron scandal. It was about financial crime, but the DOJ used it to turn simple trust passing into a felony. Now I didn't go into the capital, but they just slapped that on me anyway, the trustpassing the real charge.
Speaker 4: The last charge that we've had to fight so hard was this.
Speaker 2: They had my phone where I had taken a couple of hundred photos of my day with Sharon that day in January sixth, and they said, well, we look at that. We can't find any evidence that you did something wrong, so you must have destroyed it. So the charge was tampering with evidence because we can't find it, you must have gotten rid of it.
Speaker 4: And that's the one that I was finally sentenced on.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, praise God for President Trump for the pardons you and fifteen hundred others.
Speaker 2: I mean absolutely absolutely, And you know, it's such a it was such a wonderful thing. And he had talked about doing that, and he got a lot of flak for doing it too, but it was the right thing. And a lot of people will say, well, now people have been pardoned, and everything is huncle dunkle, everything is great. But you know, Gary, that's not true, because people's lives have been torn apart. You can't throw people in jail for a couple of years for something they didn't do and then just toss them back into society and say.
Speaker 4: Fly be free.
Speaker 2: Because many of these people can't get employment anymore. They are scarred with the scarlet letter of Jay six. Families have been torn asunder, but businesses.
Speaker 4: Have been lost.
Speaker 2: How do you begin again if you can't get alone, if you can't get a credit card, if you can't get a job, and so it's terrible.
Speaker 4: I'm hopeful that perhaps.
Speaker 2: Somebody will get to the president, maybe it will be you, and say mister President, how about helping these people get jobs. You know, when you go for federal employment, there's a little block there where people can say that they have a hiring preference, like a ten percent hiring preference. Disabled veterans get that for you.
Speaker 1: Know, Accused murderers who were judged to be wrongly convicted are recomferenced. I mean in the millions of dollars. Tom, I would love to see the January sixth defendants who've never been pardon be made whole in this way. The mouths of the Wicked, the Mouths of the Wicked, a true January sixth story of corruption, persecution, survival and victory. And the author and our guest, retired Lieutenant Navy Commander Tom Caldwell, thank you and God bless you, sir.
Speaker 4: And Sam to you, Garry, thank you for having me on.
Speaker 1: You bet Tim Hale, another j sixer will join us afternoons next on the Nightcap on seven hundred WLW. A couple of years since we had our last conversation with his next guest, but considering this is the five year anniversary of what became a long nightmare for him and so many other Americans, I thought it was time to revisit with the criminally funny J six Aer known also as Tim Hayles, and he's back on the Nightcap on this five year anniversary of January sixth, twenty twenty one, when he and a lot of other people, as I mentioned, were scooped up erroneously and illegally by a government that was trying to cover its You know what, Tim Hale is back with us tonight. Tim, how are you on five years past January sixth, twenty twenty one.
Speaker 7: You know, I'm doing swell. It's a good day to have a good day, hopefully, and and I'm extremely grateful for you having me back on. I think this is maybe the sixth time we've talked in the past few years, and I just want to say, you know, for the listeners that you've been a constant and consistent voice for justice and I appreciate everything you've done.
Speaker 1: There were so many people I was talking with somebody last night who who did the show in this time slot last night, and he's talking about the horrible attack on Congressman in the to their lives and repeating the same mantras we heard over and over again from the Biden DOJ and FBI in their administration about what actually occurred and who the people were who were peacefully protesting. You want to talk about your mostly peaceful protest. Uh, it's certainly no. No buildings were burned and no sections of the city were taken over. But uh, let's let's let's reflect back on what actually occurred and what you endured.
Speaker 3: Jim, Well, sure.
Speaker 7: You know then. You know, with history everything is about narrative framing. You know, the saying is that history is written by the victors. I think we became the victors overall. But it's it's easy to forget, Like nobody heard our side of the story in the beginning. They just rounded us up and called us terrorists. What people need to understand is that what you saw on TV was selective clips very specific parts of the Capitol. I showed up a half hour after anything happened. What happened was there was this small perimeter staffed by like four police officers around the Capitol, and some individuals who are very suspicious tore those barriers down while Trump was still giving his speech. None of us knew this happened, and we walked into a trap. There were FBI agents and informants to the crowd. I know some of their names, and I wish the government would release all that. But yeah, we went there for a speech. It makes no sense for us to try to interfere with the certification. But when we're the ones who wanted them to question the electors, I mean, that makes no sense. We were there for a speech. The Capitol police fired grenades into the crowd. They never tell you that, and a riot was incited, And it's just important for people to understand that there's another side to the story. And you know, Sarah, we talked earlier in the week and you'd mentioned Tianaman Square. It's important to remember that these kinds of things are not limited to foreign countries. We only remain a free country if we're vigilant about our own government. And unfortunately, I think we're so divided in partisan way that it's impossible for people to consider whether or not the other side was set up and we were set up. And I think most people kind of understand that now, even if they don't know all the details. But it's important for people to understand. Time after time, the narratives about Jay six were proven to be live and it's just not for nothing. I don't want anything bad to happen to members of Congress. But like the pearl clutching, you know, the photo ops of them hiding under chairs with gas masks. I mean, that's insane. They murdered protesters that day. There was no police officer killed that day at all. And I was incarcerated with a man named Julian Cater. He was a man who was a refugee from the Lebanese Civil Wars, you know, fathers of vet from overseas. He's a monk literally, and they framed him for murdering officer Brian Sicknick. That man died of natural causes. It took them months, but they released the other coroner's report months later, and for years still they still call that man a cop killer. They still lie about police officers getting killed. That's how shameless the coverage of January sixth has been. This man's life was ruined. He's going to be called the cop killer for the rest of his life when he is not. And that's true for a lot of people. Unfortunately, it's just shameless.
Speaker 1: Ashley Babbitt was murdered that day by a Capitol police officer she was unarmed, the Air Force veteran, was a mother. She was actually trying to get people out of the Capitol when she was shot.
Speaker 3: Am I correct on that.
Speaker 7: That's correct? And you know it's interesting she was she was actually actually punched. The guy in the face who was causing chaos in that scene, his name was Zachary Alam. I met him. He's an Antifa member. He confessed that he's the one who broke the window where she got shot. He wasn't shot though. And there's another gentleman named Christopher Grider who's a witness to the fact that an officer walked up to and he identified him as a sergeant at arms, walked up to Officer Bird and whispered into his ear before she was shot. After she was shot, supposedly, Bird said, who's next? This was flagrant murder.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And the Capitol and the Capitol Police officer pulled the trigger was treated like a hero.
Speaker 7: They all were. They all were. And this is the thing. I believe a lot of those officers were good people just doing their jobs. I think they were set up. There were the Capitol Police and the Metro PD. The Capitol Police were their first I think they were set up more than anything, because I think that they I think that they were understaffed and unprepared if you had the intelligence that I had. In terms of the discovery the evidence, there were reports that day where the police were given conflicting information. They were told to watch out for Trump supporters, but they were also told not to watch out for Trump supporters, look for Antifa, And so the intelligence kept changing in the day. And like I said, that initial perimeter was staffed by like four officers, two of which were small women. They were not prepared for this. Even though the intelligence shows that they were expecting a worse attack that day that didn't actually come. It doesn't make sense what actually happened there that day. The police, though, were often unprepared. They actually most of their injuries were self inflicted. Nobody tells you that they maced themselves because of the wind. They weren't listening to their superiors. It was a breakdown in the chain of command. And then the MPD exacerbated the situation because of their hostility. They showed up like stormtroopers, beating the hell out of people, body slamming old ladies and such. But in terms of the police, their own body cameras show that they were saying they were set up. And the question is, well, who set them up? If the Capital PD answered to Nancy Pelosi and the MPD answered to Mayor Bowser, who set them up, it wasn't me, so yeah, I mean they Capital Police were treated like heroes though. And you know, you know these the the fake Select committee hearing all the police officers. I will say this about these officers in particular, all the officers who testified in front of Congress about JA six were one liars. Michael fanone liar. His own body camera shows he was pretending to be passed out. Uh, he was opening his eyes, winking and adjusting his camera, screwing with his camera. He was he was playing possum. Literally, it's that's a whole like facade there. Officer done the big, the big fat one. He was protected by the oath keepers who they tried to pretend we're guilty of seditious conspiracy. The oath keepers protected protected him from a mob, and then he lied and pretended that his life was it was in danger. These are sick people. Officer Gunnell, he lied as well, and all of the officers. It was a female Officer Edwards. A lot of people have criticisms of this guy, Ryan Samsel, who was involved in one of the first breaches. But in the in the hearings, it's funny they'd say like, oh, she was passed out and she woke up in a puddle of blood. That never happened. She tripped over a fence and then this guy Ryan Samsel runs over to her and picks her up and then they have like a ten minute conversation later. This never happened. This is called atrocity propaganda. It's what you would expect from Democrats, but Republicans were in on it too. The congressional hearings from before were a complete farce. And it's just important understand I don't wish ill on police. So you had people there with back the blue thin blue line flags. It makes no sense that they would want to tussle with the police for no reason. There was a riot that was incited because the crowd was attacked and some police officers there were good people, but there are also these ones that they keep putting out, including like you said, Officer Byrd who murdered a woman in cold blood, and they put them on this pedestal like their heroes. They're not. They're just not.
Speaker 3: Was there another protester killed that day.
Speaker 4: There?
Speaker 7: So there were two men who died supposedly from natural causes from LEO heart related is shoes. But there was another woman who died at the Lower West Terrace tunnel. Her name was Roseanne Boylan, and she went down in the tunnel area and protesters were trying to retreat her body. She was having a medical emergency, probably because of all the mace that was deployed in her area in her direction. She dropped. And then an officer named Lila Morris, And I'm not saying she did this intentionally at a mouse, but I think again because of incompetence. And she picked up a stick like a like a branch, and she started whacking. She started whacking Roseanne Boyland back and forth while she was screaming. So I think she was in a state of panic and trying to hit anyone around her, but she kept striking the body of Roseanne boiling. Roseanne Boylan died. There was a protester there named Ronal mackame Ronald mcabee, a former sheriff from Tennessee.
Speaker 3: I I have interviewed him.
Speaker 1: He tried to assist Roseanne Boylan and he was pulled off of her, and they acted like he was attacking them. Well, he was trying to aid Roseanne Boilin.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 7: And by the time they end up pulling her body into the tunnel, the officers they attempt to give her some sort of resuscitation. They you know, they put the system on her to shock her. They don't even take the covers off. They don't know what they're doing, and she's it's too late at that point. And then unfortunately, one officer actually says to another, is that one of theirs or one of ours? And they say one of theirs isn't one of the protesters And they say fam They didn't care.
Speaker 3: So you go back to these people were set up. You were set up.
Speaker 1: The j sixers who wound up spending in many cases years in prison, were set up. And the question you asked was who set them up? Who set everybody up? Who set the Capitol police up for failure and for this nightmare that ensued. And I would suggest to you you need to look deep within the covers of the government. And I'm not talking about elected officials. I'm talking about the cabal that controls the administrative state, a fourth branch of government that's unconstitutional that many of us believe and know exists, and the same cabal that tried so hard to keep Donald Trump out of the White House again because he doesn't answer to them. Am I off base in that.
Speaker 7: Jim, No, not at all, sir. I think you're absolutely right. I do think both parties, like both political parties, had elements in Congress that probably had something to do with it. I think both parties are culpable. But in terms of the intelligence agencies, the law enforcement agencies, without a doubt, there's no question about this. They were all present there that day. The question is to what extent were they culpable or involved, And the fact that we don't get a clear answer on that makes it all the more suspicious. You know, so far, they've admitted, kind of admitted that there were approximately two hundred and seventy ish FBI agents presence, that there were approximately thirty FBI informants or chs's presence. They won't admit what they actually did. But if you know anything like throughout your life, I'm sure you've seen this thread in history or news where it's always worse than they initially tell you. And so we know that there were CIA assets deployed there that day. There were canine units undercover. There were women walking around with baby strollers who happened to have canine dogs canine units attached to them. There were undercover MPD officers, the Electronic Surveillance Unit, the Joint Terrorism Task Force. There were Bureau of Prisons officers that were tacked out in DC that day. You had cops who were actually stopping other cops who were undercover because they failed to conceal their firearms and they had to show ID to other police officers. This is all on body cameras the public doesn't have. The Defense Intelligence Agency had assets there that day. I know some of them, the DEA, the ATF. You know, the fact of the matter is the Department of the Department of Justice, the Homeland Security, the Department of Defense. I give mine so you know, for those that aren't familiar with our past interviews, I was working for the government. I worked for the Army for twelve years. I was and I was an Army administrator, and I was a naval weapons contractor. There were Defense Intel there were Defense assets there that day, the d D, and I want to know how many of them were working that day. Same with Homeland Security. I think every three letter agency, even though it's it's easy to point at the FBI because they're the most obvious, I think Americans really need to start questioning what every government agency was doing there that day. They should all be audited. You know, I you had mentioned that we were set up. I in particular, I crossed paths with two FBI informants that day, and this is not something that was made available to me at the time, but through you know, research, I was able to identify FBI informants. There was an FBI informant and the Proud Boys who crossed paths with me, named James Knowles. He was never prosecuted, but he was opening doors for people to walk through. There was another one. His name was Michael Allen Jones. This guy was a proud Boy and a Patriot Front informant. I don't know if you know what Patriot Front is, but for those who keeps me in those things where these these fed looking guys and the khaki pants, the white supremacy marching guys who just randomly show up right that group is filled with informants, and this guy was a sex offender and he was trying to get me to move barriers that day. And they never gave me the video, but they played it at my trial to make it look like I was breaching things when I was not. There were FBI informants all over the place, they weren't prosecuted, and there were ANTIEFA members there. I ran some of them in jail. Like I said, like the guy who got bab As shot. There was so much more to this that meets the eye, and the American people like just like the moon landing or the Kennedy you know, assassination or nine to eleven, whatever people actually think about these things. I don't want Jancanuary six to be one of these things. We're seventy years down the line. Regular Americans don't know what to make of it. I want the truth to come out. I don't if I die without a penny in my pocket or a pocket, I can die happy knowing that the truth finally came out. But we're just not there yet. Everybody diserves the truth, not even Jay six ER's everybody.
Speaker 1: Some forty thousand hours of video was concealed and when it got leaked, boy, people were on the hot seat for leaking video that the government or someone did not want released to the general public to show exactly what was going on inside the capital.
Speaker 7: Tim that's extreme, that's so true. Well, first, I'll let me say this, so I think, to the credit of some in Congress, they've released some of the CCTV on a rumble channel. You can find that there. It's not all of it though, there's still a lot missing. There's still a lot of cameras that have not been released, and they don't want to acknowledge it. And I think it's because they're protecting certain they'll call it a national security interest. I call it FEDS. But you're right. Here's the thing about an insurrection. Wouldn't you expect it if what happened at the Capitol was an insurrection. I say this all the time. Wouldn't it get more violent when people got in the building. It's like the exact opposite actually happened. The violence was a very specific parts on the on the Capitol grounds where cops were attacking the crowd. When people like myself walked in the building, we were taking selfies with statues. There was no violence inside the building, and that's the exact opposite of what would have happened if there was an attempt at top of the government when people were walking through velvet ropes like a museum, because that's what it was. There's CCTV of me in the Capital Visitor Center and I'm talking with police and people are hugging the cops and stuff. We're talking for like ten minutes and they're saying they're on our side before they had to escort us out, because that's around the time where Babbitt, unfortunately got shot. So there's way more than this than meets the eye. And there are so many defendants out there who, through your own personal footage shows the police are welcoming them in, allowing them to come in, saying, hey, don't break anything, don't steal anything, but this is your right there even officers saying I don't agree with you, but you have the right to be here. That's America and it's the people's house. So that's what people need to understand that it's not what they said, totally different perspective.
Speaker 1: You have the right to assemble and you have a right to redress your grievances with the government. It says so in the Constitution.
Speaker 7: And even if, by the way, even if you wanted to say it was a restricted area, which again people didn't know because barriers were torn down before we showed up, Even if that was true, you look at code pink during the Kabitaugh hearings, you look at environmental rioters after J six, you look at BLM before. The most you would expect from something like this would be a picketting charge, which is a local statue, or a misdemeanor, a federal misdemeanor. Worse, you wouldn't hunt people down across the country and paint them as domestic terrorists. Was unprecedented, and they weaponized an Enron scandal statue to turn us into terrorists. It was completely unwarranted and it's at a horrible precedent. And I always say this, I'm an independent, not just a Republican partisan. I'm an independent who supported Trump. I don't want this to happen to my political opponents. I wanted to stop and I want the truth to come out. It's a terrible precedent. What they did could be used against the left, you know, And it's ironic now that when they actually use the laws for the right reasons, like to deport illegal aliens, they say, oh, you're hunting down people for political reasons. It's like, well, well, even if that was true, and I don't agree with that framing, even if that was true, who set the precedent you did? He cheered it on. How they've cheered it on, when they cheered it on when they were hunting people down for not wearing masks in their own in their own in their own neighborhoods or whatever. These are the people who wanted people to have vaccine cards to fly. So I just it's just the past few years was a horrible precedent. I hope we can return to normalcy and get the truth back. But you are on point.
Speaker 1: So has anything changed at all with President Trump in office? You would you would expect maybe there would be a little bit more daylight or sunlight on this.
Speaker 7: Now, Well, let me I'll preface this by saying, I voted for President Trump three times. I willingly gave years of my life in jail in prison and refused to roll on him, refuse to blame him for what happened to me. I am loyal to President Trump, And I'm not going to blame him for what happened that day because I think he was set up just the way we were. And I'm grateful for being pardoned, and I think all of us more or less are grateful for the prison doors being opened up and people being released. But here's where we're at currently. It's now a year, roughly a year anniversary of the new administration. Approximately a few more people have been pardoned. Initially, Initially, some of the Proud Boys and oath Keepers were not pardoned. They were just commuted. A couple have been pardoned since there are still pardons that need to come for some of those people though, friends of mine, and they're still waiting. But here's here's where I'm at. The whole the whole message of really, my whole message this whole time has been about the truth and restitution. I think restitution is important.
Speaker 1: Tim, I'm sorry, I'm running out of time. I ask you a complicated question.
Speaker 7: I'll just say this. I think that I would like restitution. We need that, but more than anything, we need the truth. I think if President Trump wants his legacy to be member, to be remembered properly, he needs to give the information to the public about who set all of us up and the Jay sickers, President Trump and America. We need the truth out what we need.
Speaker 1: Tim Hale, God bless you and congratulations on being for Thank you so much. At January sixth, our friend John Gordon joins us after the news w and joining us for a few minutes. Is the man behind the Truth with John Gordon, a syndicated radio show that I'm sure is phenomenal. In fact, I've listened a couple of times. It is phenomenal. He is a syndicated radio host. He is also a person with extensive experience in the legal profession and the law, and he joins us now to start this hour. John wanted to ask you about the case against Nicholas Maduro and they're likening it to Manuel Noriega and the case there there are a lot of parallels and then there's somewhere they kind of vary off that parallel line scheme.
Speaker 3: But what do you think. Good evening and happy New Year.
Speaker 5: First, thank you to you, pleasure to be with you.
Speaker 1: What do you think about the government's chances in the Southern District of New York to prove their case eventually against Maduro and how long do you think this is going to take?
Speaker 5: Those are good questions that I don't have the answers to. You know, I think everybody was kind of caught by surprise that Trump decided to go and get pick him out of Venezuela and bringing to the United States. I was more surprised by the choice of venue that they took him to New York. I mean, Noriego was tried and indicted in Miami and convicted obviously, so it kind of makes you stretch your head a little bit, like what's going on? You know, the the juries in New York tend to be very liberal. You know, there there are koops who are saying that we should release him in the United States and let him run for president. Can you imagine anybody being that delusional and that whack? But it gives you insight into the type of jury that he may be facing in New York. And so was that by design? Was it intentional? Because certainly Trump knows. I mean, he's actually been in some New York courtrooms over the last few years.
Speaker 4: And you know, it's just so seldom.
Speaker 5: That anybody in government ever gets held accountable for anything. So, is this a way to get Maduro out of Venezuela act really tough, knowing full well that no jury is going to convict him, and we'll give him asylum somewhere.
Speaker 3: I just don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm purely speculating, but it does sound somewhat quizzical to me that we brought.
Speaker 3: Him to New York.
Speaker 1: Well, the story is that President Trump actually offered him free passage and asylum in Turkey and he didn't take the bait. But they've been planning this for months. John and I can't help but think with all of the planning that they put into this months and months, to know exactly what his habits are, to know exactly where he would be, to know exactly how many Cuban bodyguards there were trying to protect him, and all of the meticulous planning that there was also a lot of planning by the Department of State on what happens afterwards. People keep on question, well, what happens now there's a void? Is this regime change? Are they building nations after they said they were not going to be interested in nation building and stupid wars number one, that's not a war number two. I think that they have a strategy on how to approach Venezuela that we don't know about yet, at least I'm hoping. So what about you, I have my I only have theories. I don't have hard evidence.
Speaker 5: Of knowing, and I don't think anybody does, except a very small number of people. What is going to take place. But from a speculation standpoint, here's what I suspect. There were so many rumors and so much smoke surrounding the twenty twenty election in Venezuela and the Dominican machines and smart manic and I have been saying now on my on my radio show for a year that I felt that Donald Trump would be dismantling the deep state. And if you put it into the context of a book, I said, chapter one would be unraveling the Russia Russia Russia hoax that has occurred.
Speaker 6: We know.
Speaker 5: Incontrovertibly that Russia was in collusion with Russia was a fabrication that Hillary Clinton came up with, and they paid good money to have a script written that was pure fiction. And they even indicted President Trump over it, or tried to tried to impeach him over it, and they failed. So that's unraveled. The American people now know the truth of that. I think the twenty twenty election could be a big part of what is going on here, because I've been reading a lot of sketchy stuff that has resurfaced over twenty twenty with all points leading back to Venezuela.
Speaker 3: And so.
Speaker 5: I think that that will be chapter two. Chapter three, I think will be who took a crack at President Trump in Butler, Pennsylvania. I hope chapter four will tell us a out building seven and chapter five who assassinated Charlie Kirk. They all have elements of the deep state intelligence. Fingerprints are there, the mos are there, and I suspect that this could be part and parcel of that.
Speaker 1: I would like chapter six to be about who set up the protesters on January sixth and who allowed that to happen?
Speaker 5: Really, Oh, I admitted a chapter you are so right nothing. I mean, you know, if you take any one of those things, you could say that they shock you to your core. And now we've got a pattern of things that just come in rapid secession that are like nothing could be this bad ever again or before, And damnit, they don't want up us at every turn, But I've got to put January sixth almost at the top of the list. But when you zoom out for thirty thousand feet and you look at what happened, you really have to be deaf, dumb, and blind not to realize that it was part of the stolen the election in twenty twenty, and it was purely designed as the best defense. So they cook up the insurrection, killing Ashley about it and one other lady in the process.
Speaker 4: Shame Roslyn Boyle. Thank you.
Speaker 6: It's just.
Speaker 5: Shameful and disgraceful that in this great country that these things could occur. And I want them to stop. And I saw Tucker Curlson last week saying, you know, we're holding all these people accountable. When are we going to hold law enforcement accountable? Amen, they're the ones who are supposed to be keeping us safe, and damn if I don't think they're in on it.
Speaker 1: Well, some elements, there's no question about that. Also, John Gordon, I just want to suggest to you that Venezuela is as much about and you made an excellent point about dismantling the deep state, but I think it is also the Monroe Doctrine on steroids and telling communists China to get out of our hemisphere.
Speaker 3: I think that has a lot to do.
Speaker 5: I totally agree with you, and you know, I think this is a way of saying to putin if you're going to move on the Ukraine and you're not going to end this war and do it in a way that is maybe not satisfactory to either party, but it's not totally objectionable. That something we can all live with. God, we're going to start behaving in the same way. So you want to move on Ukraine, fine, we're going to move on Colombia, Cuba.
Speaker 4: Colombia and then Cuba.
Speaker 5: We're going to protect our hemisphere and China get the hell out of Venezuela. If you're gonna start meddling in Venezuela and Panama, then we're gonna push back on you.
Speaker 1: Look Forward the Truth with John Gordon, syndicated radio host and our guest tonight. Thank you so much and again, Happy New Year, sir.
Speaker 4: It's always a pleasure to be with you.
Speaker 3: Thanks you bet.
Speaker 1: Dan was our second Amendment guy. Coming up next it is the Nightcap and a visit in the New Year with our old friend, the author of Good Gun, Bad Guy, the Good Gunbadguy dot com website, the Loaded Mike Show on YouTube, Second Amendment Enthusiast, the Gun Owners of America, and toe.
Speaker 3: Our friend Dan was is back.
Speaker 1: Dan twenty twenty five just concluded was a pretty good year for the Second Amendment, wasn't it.
Speaker 6: Hey, Gary Jeff, Yes, thanks for having me on the show, and yes it was. You know, although we're always we're always fighting against the gun grabbers to preserve our Second Amendment. Gun Owners of America, the National Gun Rights organization that I'm heavily involved with, had some major successes. And you know, if you'd like, we can, we can. I can start digging into them a little bit.
Speaker 1: Your friend Eric Pratt wrote about these and you did a video for them, and there are eight major points that people who are gun owners, who love their guns and love the Second Amendment, love their freedom, should take note of these as victories. Like you said that the fight is never over against the gun grabbers because they'll always come up with something else. But let's talk about the end of the zero tolerance rule real quickly.
Speaker 6: Zero tolerance was a was something that the Biden administration came up with where if if you're a gun dealer FFL and you make the slightest mistake, so let's say a paperwork error or a filing error or some sort of error. They had zero tolerance for that stuff and they would pull your license. So a lot of gun owners it was basically there the Biden administration's way of putting gun dealers out of business.
Speaker 3: All right, go ahead, and that's.
Speaker 6: What it's been overturned.
Speaker 3: All right, skip the n i c s.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so states like Michigan and Alabama. The KNICK system is the National Background Check System, which is really ultimately doubles as a registry. So some states are are able to bypass that now, and it would be great if we could all bypass it. But that's another huge win.
Speaker 1: And the Gun Owners of America and their lawsuit behind that effort.
Speaker 3: Yeah, uh, coast to carry secured? What does that mean?
Speaker 6: So a couple of states, New York and California are among many who don't accept other other states, you know, handg on permits. So you're traveling, it makes it very difficult. Well, these two states got dragged into court and they have to now accept the concealed carry permits for those listed in the lawsuit and I think that was GOA members and some other litigants.
Speaker 1: All Right, a constitutional carry victory was had in twenty twenty five by the gun owners of America.
Speaker 6: So this one's still being appealed by the Republican Attorney general and in Tennessee. But what this does is that it challenged the going armed statue. So in Tennessee they had a statute that said if you can't carry a gun if you plan on going armed, which means either you're using it for offense or defense. And you know, of course you're gonna want to use your gun for defense. So basically, yeah, so the law made it so you couldn't you couldn't carry a gun unless you're transporting it to or from the range sort of thing. So that got overturned in Tennessee. But like I said, the attorney general, Republican, you know, surprisingly is appealing that.
Speaker 1: In Virginia universal background check law was struck down in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Yeah, universal background check means basically means that they want to be able to do back run background checks on any any player arm transaction. Ever. And in other words, if they had their way, you couldn't even hand down a gun to your kid. In some cases you can't hand down to your step step children. So my friends are a Virginia Citizens Defensive League, great people over there. It's a great statewide gun rights group, and so evasically and uh and and one. So so now that universal background check system had got kind of blown out of the water. There's still is, of course, a background check system for other types of firearms, but but it's not as critical as the universal backgrounds.
Speaker 1: But it means that if you're a gun owner in Virginia, you can once again buy and sell firearms privately. Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I want to be careful how much information I give because I don't want to I don't want to mislead. So I'm not sure on the specifics of whether or not you can buy and sell and what guns you can buy and sell, So I don't want to comment too much on that.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Florida open carry ban overturned.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Florida you could carry you could carry a firearm if you were going if you're fishing or hunting.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 6: But other than that, it was it was pretty much banned for open carry.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 6: And then so that got overturned. So now you can carry in open carry in And the thing about this one that really bugs me is that these laws, these open carry bands are really set up just because there are liberal anti gunners who either feel offended or scared when they see a gun in public, which it's time for them to get over there, to get over their irrational fear and not violate our Second Amendment.
Speaker 1: Well, it's also like the same group of people object to certain styles of rifles because they look like military grade weapons.
Speaker 6: Right, Yeah, I'm talking about if even sometimes liberals, like in New York State where I am, if the liberals see the handgun, they flip out. So you know, that's why some states require concealed and it's not it's not for any reason other than pretty.
Speaker 3: Much to.
Speaker 6: You know, appease the liberals because they don't like it. And so now when this stuff gets overturned and they're going to have to start facing their fear and start to get back into reality because we're America. Our founding fathers didn't worry about offending people. You know, there's second Member doesn't say the right of the people that keep the bare arms shall not be infringed unless you offend people by looking by letting them see your gun. No, we don't play that game anymore. So we're overturning a lot of this stuff and it's a really great time.
Speaker 1: You and I have talked many times about how awful red flag laws are in Memphis, Tennessee. That law is now dead.
Speaker 6: Red flag laws have to be the absolute worst thing, because what it really is it's a gun confiscation out of your home without due process. And every state, not every state has them, but a lot of states happen. I think about twenty nine states, twenty twenty four states something like that, and we have red flag laws, and many of them.
Speaker 4: You can be.
Speaker 6: Accused by someone who's not even a relative or anything. Anybody can pretty much accuse you in some states of being a risk to society, and they can go anonymous. In other words, they don't have to answer to anything if they make a false accusation about you. Yet a judge can take that accusation, sign off on it, and send the cops to your house to take your guns. Red flag laws are dangerous, and the Democrats like to use red flag laws along with registries and background checks because they want these universal background checks so they can have a registry, so they know where the guns are. And then the Blue states also want the red flag laws so they can have the vehicle to come confiscate. So, because you can't confiscate, lets you know where the guns are. That's why the two, the registries and the red flag laws work together. So it's a great success to get any red flag law overturned because that might set a precedent moving forward for other counties, other towns, other states.
Speaker 1: Well, that's exactly what the British wanted to know when they tried to put down the rebellion among the colonists. They want to know where the guns were. Yeah, the gun owners of American force from Missouri County Jackson County to reverse its gun ban in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Dan, tell me about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this was Jackson County, Missouri. It was a ban on basically anyone eighteen to twenty years old who wanted to buy, you know, purchase a handgun. In other words, they were saying, you have to be twenty one years old to purchase a handgun. And that's not okay. You know, our founding fathers never said there's a certain age limit. And besides that, if you can go to war, if you can be tried as an adult, if you know, if you can do so many, you can.
Speaker 3: Vote, You can vote as an eighteen year.
Speaker 6: Old, you can vote exactly and you know, Uh, but yet they want to restrict the right of young adults to uh exactly defend themselves carried on exercise their their second Amendment right. So so this was another great president uh and and Gun Owners of America and it's sister company, Gun Owners Foundation, which I'm very involved with. What a bunch of great people, unbelievable organization. This is the no compromise UH gun national gun rights group. You want to be part of this organization. I urge everybody go to gun Owners dot org to become a member. It's really affordable and and the money helps fight these lawsuits. So I've been I've been a spokesman for g o A for a while. I do a video series for g o F on YouTube called bullet Points with Dan wasp people and check that out. But I a everybody check out Gun Owners of America. Go to Gunowners dot org and give them a look. They're really doing great things.
Speaker 1: Danny Wawz, thank you so much. We'll hopefully talk again soon.
Speaker 6: All right, Thanks so much, Pal, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year means having your gun and being able to defend yourself according to the Constitution and the Bill of Rights. It's the nightcap and it continues in moments on seven hundred WLW in to the last little bit of this nightcap on seven hundred WLW. I hope they'll give me a three hour show again instead of a two and a half hour show, because I'd love to do a three hour show with this guy, not just twenty minutes or whatever. But you know, I'll take what I can get. I'm going to be grateful. I am so happy to have him back. It's our old friend, the fur Ball Andy Furman.
Speaker 8: Hello, Well, I hope you had a great New Years and it's always a pleasure to talking to you. But you know what, there'll be such a pig. I heard you on with Sterling last night, so it's okay. You had your time last night with him, and you intimidated him. I mean, you really did get back him into a corner. I felt bare for the kid, I really did. I mean, so just back off a little bit, all right, I'm gonna make up for what you did to Sterling. Right now. Because here's the deal. I'll wake up to Spain. This is kind of a secret, but it wasn't a good secret. Okay, we all knew that Brendan Soresby, the quarterback at the University of Cincinnati, would not return. His name was in the portal, but it's official today. Was to pick up the inquiry this morning, one of the few who pick up to pick up the paper. That's a paper, not online, because I enjoyed the paper and I see he's signed for five million dollars to go to Texas Tech to play football. God bless him. I'm happy for the kid. But here's the deal. This is what I don't understand.
Speaker 6: Number One A.
Speaker 8: This portal should be open after the playoffs, after ball games, after the playoffs.
Speaker 4: Number one.
Speaker 8: Number two, that's the thing that I can't control. But here's the thing that really irks me. You're a guy that played with teams. They say football is a team sport. More often than not, the quarterback, at least on the pro level, like a Joe Burrow. He'll buy his offensive lineman swords or gifts are crazy items, dinosaur relics, you know, for for Christmas because they protect him it's all for one, one for all. So this guy, Brendan Sorosby busts his butt, goes to practice every day, plays with the guys. Okay, then when the big game comes against Navy and the Liberty Bowl, he bolts, how do you look at these guys in their face? To me, I just don't understand. I think it's the most despicable thing you could ever do. It's a thing that you go out for, you play, you play one for all for one. He knew he was going to Texas Tech. You know what, tell a Texas Tech staff, just let me play with my guys. These are my guys. I practice with them every day. I wanted to play with them. I led them here to the Liberty Bowl against Navy. Let me finish this. I don't get it. I just don't you know what. Let me continue. I know I'm rambling on here. But here's another thing where you know they say it's a team sport. I say team sport bajambag. You know, the New York Football Giants and the Pros. They were to tie end but Johnson last Friday night, it was the New York nick game. Okay, didn't practice all week long, with the New York Football Giants and said he was not going to play Sunday against Dallas, all right, in the season finale. But he's out there, you're not a good look, you know, sitting behind the bench at the Nick game and Madison Square Garden. Okay, they say he wasn't the full wasn't covid ID, but he was okay to go to a public event and he can't play football. I mean, come on, really, I mean, the guy's taking it, don't don't people see this that no one mentioned, No one talks about this stuff.
Speaker 4: I don't get it.
Speaker 1: Tell me, well, Number one, I don't think that Brandon Soresby really felt like those guys on the UC offensive line protected him that well over the last five games.
Speaker 3: Maybe he just didn't.
Speaker 8: Don't know why he left.
Speaker 1: I mean, come on, the midshipman in a in a meaningless bowl game, and it was a meaningless bowl game. Secondly, I know.
Speaker 8: Time time that I'm gonna I'm gonna break apart everything you say. First of all, they protected him enough to be one of the he's one of the all time great quarterbacks that you see. That's number one. Number two, it's not meaningless for the guys that suit up, maybe meaningless to you, maybe meaningless to think, you know, who is meeting it's for it's meaning for the players that involved in the game, the friends that parents, relatives, and it's also a meaning for gamblers because they gamble on these games. So don't tell me it's.
Speaker 1: Meaningful, okay, number one. Number one is the gambling thing. That's the only people it's really meaningful for. And yeah, maybe there's a player who will never ever play in the NFL or never suit up again.
Speaker 8: For you, it's meaningful for that game you ever played.
Speaker 1: Overall, for the university, I mean, there's a little bit of a payday, but overall it's pretty meaningless to the fans.
Speaker 8: Andy, I don't think so. I think it's a pretty good contingent of you see people along as whatever it may be, fans to make a day of it to drive down to Nashville to see that game. All right, but you know, we agree to disagree. You're that kind of guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to correct you again. They weren't in Nashville.
Speaker 3: It was a liberty bullet Memphis.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry.
Speaker 8: And people do say there's the same thing in that state.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no. This is where you're absolutely one hundred percent, maybe one thousand percent wrong for a ball. Nashville is not Memphis, and vice versa. I lived in Nashville and in Chattanooga for twenty years. Tennessee is a very distinctive three state state. In other words, if you're in Memphis, it is absolutely nothing like Middle Tennessee and Nashville. And if you're in Nashville, it is absolutely nothing like the Smoky Mountains and the Appalachians in the eastern part of the state.
Speaker 8: Okay, let me just tell you something that Nasville and Memphis do have something uncommon. If you're from them, you want to be If you're from there, you want to be far away from there. That's what they haven't call.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 8: One of those guys you left, you both did. What are you talking about that? I don't love you.
Speaker 1: Back in Nashville if I could afford it. You want to talk about in affordability? Now, Nashville in the last thirty years has just exploded, and I probably couldn't afford a cardboard box on the side of the interstate living in Nashville. That's the only reason I'm not there. I love my parents, they're still there. I've got two brothers there, I've got lots of friends still in Nashville. I'd love to be in Nashville, just simply.
Speaker 8: And you know why US states in a minute or two, because every city in America differs from every other city. Cleveland, Cincinnati are different, but they know so don't don't give me that it's it's for commerce.
Speaker 3: Now, it's beyond the cities.
Speaker 1: The state itself is three distinctive geographical and and demographical areas.
Speaker 8: So in most states, what are you talking about? Buffalo? That's different than living in New York City and it's the same state. So come on, right, if you're.
Speaker 1: Living in if you're living in if you're living in Buffalo, you're a damn lot better off than if you're living in that hell hole you call New York City.
Speaker 3: Andy.
Speaker 8: You know what, say what you want. I'm just saying that there are difference is in various cities. Buffalo and New York differ, Okay, And that's just the way it is. There are different cities in every state that different. They have their own I guess charm if you want to say charm, we use that.
Speaker 3: Term, but don't confuse.
Speaker 8: Don't confuse back in their teammates. I didn't come here to talk about cities, all right, guys that really guys that bolt and just safe to hell with you.
Speaker 1: Another example, another example you gave me, was this guy from the New York Giants missing the last game of a meaningless season for another meaningless season for the New York Football Giants. It's it's unbelievable how much people care about these NFL teams that are continually downtrodden, and they'll never be in another Super Bowl, They'll never win a Super they are cursed like the Cleveland Browns, Andy the Giants.
Speaker 8: Funny you mentioned they keep on repeating the same term meaningless. Tell that to Zach Taylor. This team was out of control, This team was out of playoff contention against the Cleveland Browns, and he had I guess you could say the audacity or the hanging downs to say he was upset when Miles Garrett broke the record and they stopped play because he said we were on a roll. I mean to him, he was like, really in this bid time with both feet Okay, the game was to a sense meaningless, Okay, not to him. As I tell you before, and I'll tell you again, to people involved in the outcome, that's not meaningless to them, the coaches, players, wherever it may be, it's not meaningless to them, all right. And you saw that first hand with Zach Taylor Sunday afternoons, someone of a full of them, a record broken in a sporting event.
Speaker 1: They stopped playing exactly. They do that in every single major.
Speaker 8: Sport, right But you're still moving off the direction on going and we're not in the same lane right now. We started this conversation of players who work as a team as a unit and turn their back on their teammates, all right, and it's selfishness.
Speaker 7: I don't like it.
Speaker 8: I think it's wrong, all right, and it's got to be changed the college over. They can change it by changing the date of the portal you put your name with portal after the ball games.
Speaker 1: Why why are you blaming Brandon Soresby when he was going somewhere else and he didn't have a choice. Texas Tech said, if you're coming with us, you want the five mil.
Speaker 3: You gotta you gotta come now, right.
Speaker 8: So I'm not blaming him. I'm just saying that it's a bad look, that's all I'm saying. And what the look has to do to change is move the date of the portal after the playoffs and the bowl game so it doesn't look bad. It looks bad. You have to admit that it looks bad. You know, you're busting your butt all year long. You're saying, go Bearcas, let's go this, let's do that. And next year, by the way Texas Tech plays you see here in Cincinnati. I don't think he's gonna be I don't think the reaction is good.
Speaker 1: That'll be tasty, that'll be good. We love that drama. We love that kind of animosity built up. We love the rivalry. We we love the hate, Andy, we love the hate.
Speaker 8: Well, that's what sports is. It's it's a it's a method to, I guess, professionally get hate out of your system, right, isn't it? I mean, it's not what sports is.
Speaker 1: You know what wild Man calls wild man? Wild Man calls it to do Well, that's what he.
Speaker 6: Asked for breakfast.
Speaker 8: Okay, I don't want to talk about that, but you know that's what week that we call sports is as supposed to be relaxation. You know, competition whatever it may be. No, it's not. It's a venue for hate. It really is. When you think about it. You go to a game, go to a Steelers Bengals game. Fights fights, right, I've seen it. You know it's it's not good. It's not a good look. It really isn't. But that's what sports has done more probably more so in football and professional football than in any other sport. Although I do remember this, when Brigham Young came here to play the University of Cincinnati in football, they were chanting the F bomb for the Mormons, and then the athletic director and president of UC how to make an apology to Brigham Young university. Is it alcohol? Perhaps? Is it just stupidity? Stupidity perhaps? I don't know, uh that. You know, fans probably need to be lectured. Maybe before were you buy season tickets, So maybe before any ticket you should have to take a pledge. You know, how you'd be had to behave in the stands at a game. I don't know. I don't know how it could change, but I'll tell you what. Some games you go to not safe. You would not wear a fingles jersey in Cleveland.
Speaker 6: I just would do that.
Speaker 1: I got to tell you, I played church league basketball back when I was in like my high school years, because I wasn't good enough to play in a high school team, or I just didn't want to put forth the effort, but played church league basketball. We've played for the United Methodist Church in Hendersonville, Tennessee, and we played the Mormons. There was a Mormon church. They were some of the dirtiest players we ever played. The Baptists weren't as bad, the Catholics weren't as bad. The Mormons were awful. And believe me, the Mormons dropped F bombs. Andy, I heard it. I experienced this.
Speaker 8: What are you saying? I mean, I'm saying there was a group of people, you're the host school, and the fans in that stadium were kind of harassing and making fun of the Mormons, which I think, are you signed to say that that it's permissible? Where are you going with?
Speaker 1: No, I'm just saying you're you're saying you made the point that it was against the Mormons when you go out to If you go out to BYU and you play, I bet there's gonna be some Mormons who were dropping the F bomb on the opposing team.
Speaker 3: I'll bet you.
Speaker 8: And I'm not saying it's right, and I'm sure you're Beau.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's right.
Speaker 8: I've worked at all Roberts University, yes, and we played the Mormons. We played Brigham Young at Brigham Young, right, and I know when our guys came out there, we had thirteen guys in the team. I think they were like, you know, eleven African Americans and we played Brigham Young and Danny Ainge was on that team at the time, and I don't think there was one African American on that Brigham Young team. And our guys, I tell you, honestly, they were looking at the layup line. They were laughing. You know, well we lost by thirty five. All right, I'm just saying this is the way they said. That's that's human nature, and it's not right. Okay, it's not right.
Speaker 1: I'm not justifying. I'm not saying it's right. But you just made a point against the Mormons as they dropped the F bomb it you see, So so what if they're going.
Speaker 8: Don't win in it?
Speaker 5: So what?
Speaker 8: No, that's that's permissible. Watts.
Speaker 1: It didn't matter who you see. Fans drop the F bomb. Against Whether it's Mormons or if it was a bunch of heathens, it's still wrong.
Speaker 3: That's my point. Thank you. That's okay.
Speaker 8: President let it that had an issue an apology to the President. I let it there there a b yu. I thought it was disgusting. I mean, really, show show some class. Really could just show a little show some intelligence.
Speaker 1: I have a conspiracy theory. In Super Bowl x L back in two thousand and.
Speaker 8: Six, what does that stand for?
Speaker 6: XL?
Speaker 3: It stands for.
Speaker 8: Forty forty L fifteen on the left side, it's a minus ten, so it's forty.
Speaker 3: Right now, this is Super Bowl sixty.
Speaker 1: It would have been the lx the L.
Speaker 3: Twenty yeah, twenty years ago. Yeah, so XL forty.
Speaker 1: So anyway, in Super Bowl x L, the Pittsburgh Steelers, who at the beginning of the playoffs nobody thought was going to be in the super Bowl. They were the sixth seed. They were like the last guy in in the AFC and it was Jerome Bettis last year, and lo and behold, the Pittsburgh Steelers came from out of nowhere in the playoffs and wound up winning it all.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty six, Super Bowl L x sixty. Aaron Rodgers is quite possibly playing his last football game. Quite possibly the Steelers with deep DK Metcalf coming back, wouldn't It wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 3: I don't think they're gonna win Aday night, but I think.
Speaker 1: I think maybe the fix is in to send Aaron Rodgers off with a Super Bowl trophy.
Speaker 3: Like they did with Jerome Bettis. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I'm not a Pollyanna kind of guy. I believe that everything is pure and clean and good, and you know, you sort of know you're sort of right in the sense that there are some calls that are questionable in football. I mean the other day when Notre Dame was playing basketball and then the Notre Dame coach went after the referee. That was a hideous call. Hideous call. It wasn't even a shooting foul and he called it, and the coach and not to day will apologize since I think if they didn't hold them back and it's going to beat the living daylights out of them.
Speaker 4: It was a bad call.
Speaker 1: Well, we were talking about you're talking about basketball in college basketball. We were talking about the NFL, and they're not fully legitimate calls which happened on a regular in that league. It's all dictated by some cabal who's kind of moving.
Speaker 8: I think there's no consistency because if they really wanted to, they could probably call holding on every play.
Speaker 3: Absolutely they could.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, that would.
Speaker 3: Be much of the game.
Speaker 8: Right. Look, I will tell you this much. I think this. The human nature element is always involved, and I think there are officials right now who are fearful of blowing the whistle and at a very close play at the end of the game for fear of them being the story rather than the game being the story. I really believe that. And then again, if they don't blow the whistle, in fact, they still will be the story. I think there's a lot of pressure artificials. What to do. Do you swallow the whistle?
Speaker 7: Do you make the call.
Speaker 8: At the end of the game, because you really do not want to be the game story, but a lot of times they are if they blow it or they don't blow.
Speaker 3: It right there, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I've watched I've watched a lot of umpires, a lot of referees, and they want their moment in the spotlight. They want to they want to be they want to be the story. A lot of them, Yeah, they do.
Speaker 8: Some do, but I will tell you this. If I'm an official, I want to officiate a game like Indiana did against Alabama thirty eight to three. No problems, really, no problem.
Speaker 3: Money is what you want, right all?
Speaker 8: They don't throw any flags down.
Speaker 1: So you're talking about the transfer portal earlier and the coaching carousel that continues to run, which did for years before. The transfer portal for players and the end the money, the nil what ought to happened? And I've said this and you alluded to it earlier. There should be no There should be no movement of coaches or players until the entire season is finished, period, end of story.
Speaker 8: If you want to Lane Tifflin who left all he's still getting paid for all missile victories in the playoffs and now he's the coach at LSU, it doesn't make any sense. What an agent he must have. Huh think about that. But here's another thing. If you want to change the portal situation, I honestly believe that the portal okay, let the kids transfer. I don't know how you get that done, because I don't know how certain kids get into you. A favorite school, Vanderbilt that can't even read and write anymore. But I guess if they can play football. If they can, but the rules should honestly be A as you say after the playoff football games, and B you could only transfer one time, one time. Because that quarterback at Vanderbilt has gone to three different schools, I think this is the third college.
Speaker 7: Is Andy Well he went.
Speaker 8: He went to about four year school prior to Vanderbilt, two.
Speaker 1: I know, But but you said four different schools or three. He went to a junior college.
Speaker 8: First, and he went to New Mexico and another one I believe, But Brandon Sorosby, I think this is his third. That's ridiculous. I mean, really, one time, one time, one time only. And let me tell you also about the portal, which I don't think a lot of people think about because they think it's a good thing. If I'm a coach, I have my brothers on taking a kid in the portal. I'll tell you why. Obviously they're doing it for one on one reason only for money, I guess. But a kid who goes into portal probably is a malcontent because he's probably not playing. He's probably not happy, and honestly, I don't want them on my team. If he's not playing, so I gotta watch it very carefully if I'm looking in the the players, don't you agree. I don't think that that has become of age. I don't think people talk about that much. It's all the portal that's great that you see's got a chance to get people out of the portal.
Speaker 3: It's the same reason.
Speaker 8: With the portal. You know why why did Brendan's source he put his name in the portal? A because he's getting more money, but B he didn't play for a better team and he probably wasn't happy down the stretch when they lost their last five six games.
Speaker 1: And you see, well, do you think he was a part of why they lost those last five six games?
Speaker 8: And it wasn't him? No, it wasn't him.
Speaker 3: No, of course not.
Speaker 8: It wasn't everybody. I don't hold that. You know me, I have no filter. I would tell you, but honestly, I just think that if you're in the portal, there's a damn good reason why your name is in there. More often than not, you probably didn't play, you weren't happy, you didn't like the coach, And I'm gonna take a second look at you, and I'm afraid maybe you may pull the same maneuver on my team.
Speaker 1: Just same thing, the same thing they said about the Bengals for years. They need character guys, not not only guys that can play, but guys that aren't going to be a problem off the field.
Speaker 8: Well, now I have character guys that can't play. Well, they're not getting arrested, but they can't play. So I don't know. You've got to get a happy medium. I'd rather have guys that go to jail, but they could win me too.
Speaker 3: I'm with you. There you go the longest yard.
Speaker 8: Baby, there you go, fur Ball.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much again for everything you did last year and everything you did tonight. And now I've got to say so long, Alfederzan.
Speaker 4: Goodbye, see you bye.
Speaker 3: Aloha, goodbye, goodbye. He's gone back to wrap up.